Fedex

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Fedex

Posted by robert on Feb 03, 2015
Customer Rating

I am having constant delivery problems with this company. Fedex is not a service I would choose personally for shipping needs! Every delivery that comes to my door has been left out to the elements,they don't ring the door bell to let you know you have a package I have watched the driver leave packages out in the rain and walk away while I was home looking out the window, my packages come opened up? I can't believe that they are still in business the customer is definitely not a priority to them the service is despicable!

13 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Fedex provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Fedex?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.06 out of 5
2.06 out of 5 Stars
111 Consumer Reviews

Fedex
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Fedex. What is their corporate mailing address?

I want to call the Fedex customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

I need to visit the Fedex company website. What is their website address?

More Fedex Complaints

Customer Rating

I've had it. Do anyone know how to sue Fedex? Fedex has denied one claim too many. Does anyone know if you can go thru small claims or AAA (arbitration). I don't care that this is only a $100 claim- people should not let Fedex get away with this kind of thing. The use of these scanning devices has created a syndrome where Fedex drivers scan these packages as delivered though they have no poof that they have delivered these packages to correct address. And Fedex routinely just denies claims despite the $100 insurance because they claim to have PROOF.

My brother was home at the time the package was supposed to have been delivered and left on front porch. They have 4 dogs that bark like crazy when anyone comes to the front porch whether they ring or knock or not. My sister-in-law gets home from her job at almost exactly the time the package was supposed. I don't advise anyone to use Fedex- the drivers are careless and in a hurry and don't check these addresses. My brother says they are dependent on GPS devices that are not always accurate. And the drivers are talking on their cell phones and listening to the radio at the same time they are doing deliveries.

You are better off with the USPS because your local carrier at leas who you are.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

An item bought from Amazon prime with free, two day shipping, shipped via FedEx Package not delivered, tracking page says: "No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day". This was the day after the tracking status said: "Business closed or no one was home" even though we were home all day! Now, the item is still on the truck and FedEx customer service says it will be delivered tomorrow.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

Package delivered to the wrong address on the third attempt. Signed for by someone other then the recipient. Nobody ever wants to get back with you about a refund even though the package was insured. Very poor customer service. Will never go this route again!

Customer Rating

Timeline as to not confuse the situation with emotion. 2/20/2015: order shipped from CA2/23/2015: order arrives in early AM at local facility in Ft. Worth, TX2/24/2015: No delivery attempt made 2/25/2015: Delivery attempt made but was missed2/25/2015: as per the driver's note, FedEx as a service called "Delivery Manager" that let's you pick and schedule your own time and date for delivery. Cost was $10.00. I paid for this and scheduled to have the package RE-delivered for 2/26/2015 between 5pm and 8pm2/26/2015 NO DELIVERY ATTEMPT MADE, called customer service who could not explain why the package was not delivered and also was told that they did not have authority to refund the $10.00 paid.2/27/2015: Called customer service AGAIN, was now told that the package is NOW scheduled for 2/28/2015 (A Saturday) between 5pm and 8pm. This is very frustrating and irritating as I took off work just to make sure I was able to meet the driver. No one seems to be able to assist and keep telling me to call "another" 800 number or email customer service. I have done both and as of now..I STILL don't have my package or my refund!

Customer Rating

Had Verizon wireless send me a phone priority ( emergency) for my business and you guys got all the way to Clarksville tn from pa. in 12 hours through snow and ice and the crappy facility in clarksville couldn't get across town to me in 9 hours now I have to pick it up myself tomorrow, I want an explanation why, there were fedex trucks running and if they would have called me I would have picked it up today. very upset.

Customer Rating

i had an order from jc whitney and it was not delivered to my home. i live in a rural area ant thankfully a neighbor stopped my son to get my package due to the fact that your driver just left it outside of his home. im definately not happy and this is a poor reflection on how your company does business my order was as follows

20-3016-78 OE Replacement Headlight Assembly - Composite Type, Clear Plastic Lens - FedEx: 993317915456015

20-3017-78 OE Replacement Headlight Assembly - Composite Type, Clear Plastic Lens - FedEx: 993317915456015

i am expecting another delivery and would greatly appreciate not having to inconvience my neighbor again

Customer Rating

You people have NO quality control whatsoever!! I've never dealt with a more ignorant disorganized passing the buck bunch of people.
You first put my ultra expensive persian rug from esalerugsdirect on a truck headed for an amazon return center in lexington ky , then tell me after repeated phone calls during which i was put on hold, denied that the rug had actually gone there after being told by the rug company that it HAD gone there, hung up on several times, and finally told that "sometimes we make mistakes" and that the company i purchased the rug from would have to resolve the issue!!! Are you serious?!!!! The amazon return center has no phone number. i only know that the rug was signed for by a N. Merino who told the guy from fedex today that they hadn't had time to deal with it. He was obviously ok with that and that's the end of it!! I have read a zillion complaints about you online today. I also advised esalerugsdirect to hire another company, ANY company, but you!! You are the pits!!!!

Customer Rating

Unfortunately I am having a really bad time with Fed Ex. They lied when they said they had tried to deliver the parcel on the 22nd. I was in all day, ill, and they did not come to my home and ring the bell as I would have heard it. Also no notification was sent through my letter box saying they had tried to deliver a parcel.

Since then I have been trying to get a re delivery from Fed EX and every time I ring them they try to put me through to a supervisor and keep me holding on for ages until I get fed up and put the phone down. Yesterday they said the supervisor would ring me up within 1 hour and I am still waiting!
This will not do as I noticed delivery has cost £30.

Customer Rating

I went into the local FedEx store near my house to return some pens I purchased (value $9) and I had a valid receipt. I was told that they could not refund my money and that I had to go back to the original store where I made my purchase. I explained the store was 45 minutes away and I had no intention of wasting 45 minutes to get there and 45 minutes to get back to return $9 worth of pens. The store worker said it was a company policy that any items purchased could only be returned where they were bought and this was how they tracked their inventory.

He refused to issue me a credit to my credit card and said the manager would be in on Monday to tell me the same thing. He then walked away. Given the fact I've spent thousands at FedEx on copying, faxes, purchases, etc. I can't believe they have such a idiotic, ludicrous policy. I further asked the store worker what would happen if I lived out of state, would I have to go back to that store to get a refund instead of just going to a local store. Henry said it was company policy that all returns had to be made at the original store where they were purchased! Looks like Staples just won my future business and respect !!

Given I stood waiting for several minutes while staff were fixing copy machines and just out of sight, I see no reason to visit FedEx again.

Customer Rating

On 11/27/2012 til 7pm I was scheduled to receive a sim card from my phone provider to replace a bad one. I took off of work to wait on this package because I need my phone. However your driver never came to my place of residence nor was there a slip on the door.

I am very upset and I will never use your service again, I rather wait for the regular mail at least I know the mail carriers are not lazy but make sure to deliver the way they are suppose to.

I tried to call in at 5pm today so that the driver can bring it to me that I had til 7pm but to no avail. I expect for something to be done because your driver is inconveincing me more because I have to stay home again tomorrow from work. I will let my service provider know how FedEx treat their customers.

Customer Rating

I called the toll free # to inquire about my package delivery at approx. 2pm on January 16,2013. I was told that the package had been delivered at 10:32am. The driver had put the package in front of my garage. There is no garage at the delivery address. FedEx customer service told me they would investigate and return a phone call to me. It is after midnight and I have not recieved a call. My neighbor has complained about FedEx delivery on many occassions and eventually found a previous delivery at another address. I went to the other (wrong) address and there was my package. How on earth can something be delivered to the same wrong address for different shipments to 2 different addresses? This is absolutely unexceptable. I expect better service and if given the choice will NOT ever use FedEx, nor reccommend FedEx to anyone, ever.

Customer Rating

Fedex delivers to my house around 4. I had to have a package by Sunday and the driver came early and left a note for me to sign. So I di and came into my house and looked at fedex site and it says they deliver on saturday so I assumed that the package would come the next day.It didnt and when I complained they said it was my fault that I should have contacted them to make sure it would get delivered on saturday but what the trel problem was that the driver didnt scan the door tag so my package never got in the try again tommorrow pile.

Again this is my fault for assuming the deliveryman did his job and not calling to have made sure!! So they ruined my churches function because I assumed they were a reputable company and didnt try to make it right. So next time I miss fedex I will be sure and rundown the truck to get my package.If I ran a company had a phone call saying that the delivery was going to ruin a very special event I would do whatever I could to make it right , but I guess when you are a big company you dont care about the needs of the individual.

Customer Rating

I filed a complaint with Federal Express over a2 months ago when my account was stolen but no action was taken. My account was high jacked and contiues to be used because you had sent my information specifically my welcome package to the wrong address. I have had dozens of calls from people receiving package's from my billing address, I continue to get billed thousands of dollars with no respect to a resolution.

I have spoken with Angela (supposed) head of security in memphis with no results but empty promises. I can not believe that company with such great technology available that fedex can be so detached from the actions going on against my name and my company. The head of security acknowledged that its criminal activity. I have no choice left but contacting my attorney.

Customer Rating

I waited for days for an acknowledgement from a very dear friend that she had received the birthday gift I sent. Finally, I called and asked her. She had not. The company had sent the gift to the correct address. Finally, I received this email:

Godiva did everything right on their end! My name and address were correct on the label. It was Fed Ex who delivered the package to the wrong address. They took it to 3423 Maxim Drive which is the street behind us. Thank goodness my neighbor walked out his front door and noticed the package. He thought his wife and ordered something new until he read the name & address and realized that Suzy Weathers was NOT his wife! It really has made for an interesting topic of discussion around our neighborhood. I think that you can continue to use Godiva for your gift purchases but I would let FedX know about this.

Customer Rating

I have been waiting for a package to arrive and was supposed to be delivered today by fedex.their tracking system says it was delivered to my front door on february 2,2012. I have looked all over and there is nothing there.It snowed here{orland Park,Illlinois.there are no foot prints in the snow.I live alone.there was no one else here to sign for it but tracking website says signature was not nescessary. trying to get a hold of a fed ex attendant on their customer support line.no response .maybe the driver left it at another address.even looked in the mailbox on the street.nothing there.now what do I do?

Customer Rating

I took off of work today because my package was supposed to be delivered TODAY!!! Now, my delivery has been changed to tomorrow and I am not able to just take off again for this. When I called Fedex customer support, and spoke with a gentleman named Tyler, he informed me that the package was supposedly placed on the wrong truck.

This is not my problem. Someone needs to put it on the right truck and deliver the package today. Again, I took off work for this package because of what it is. Tyler informed me that the driver would leave a notice so that the package could be left outside for me if I will just sign the slip. Hello!!! This is a laptop, I really don't want it left outside and it is very inconvenient for me to have to go to a service center to pick it up.

Very poor work ethic!!! So what are you going to do about it? Probably not a damned thing. I will inform the person who I bought this from to make sure and only use UPS or USPS from now on. At least that way I know it will get here when it says it is supposed to be here.

Customer Rating

We carefully packaged (with professional grade materials) a large 30" X 36", painting. We sent it by FEDEX. The employee here in Holladay, Utah stated that he wished they had those kind of packing materials for fragile items. We were assured that the way it was packed and the materials used would make it impossible for any breakage.

Well, evidently, FEDEX managed somehow to damage the package. They then emailed me that they were shipping it back to me. I called customer service and told them not ship it back, if it could be damaged any further. I would have the recipient come to them and see what the damage was. It might be a bad idea to send a box full of broken glass back across the country.

The CS rep told me that the written instructions were to return it to the shipper and I should wait to get it back and I could file a claim. Are these people insane? This was an original watercolor that a friend in Georgia modeled for thirty years ago. The award winning artist is no longer on the planet and there is no way to replace this one of a kind item.

Does not the word FRAGILE, mean anything to these people? Is this not their business? The one and only way this could have been damaged is if something very heavy was loaded on top of it while it was lying flat, or if a person walked across the middle of the carton. I am beyond livid.

The CS person told me, "sorry for the inconvenience, have a great day." Really? I could not make this up. I requested a manager and was told someone would probably call me tomorrow. I am beyond outraged!

Customer Rating

ordered a kidney supplement for my dog from Atlanta Ga. with shipping to be up to 8 days to Michigan, order was sent out Oct-8-2012, 5 days later it was in California, spent 3 days in California, now on Oct-16-2012 it was finally shipped out from Las Angeles but i have no idea where it will end up next untill tracking is updated again. Correct me if im wrong but isnt Goergia to Michigan north? I guess i should be thankful FedEx smart post doesnt charge by the mile. FedEx will be the next company looking for a bail out due to losses, wonder why? But in all seriousness my dog has since passed away and i still do not have her supplement. Next time use USPS it only takes a few days and is 1/3 the cost.

Customer Rating

ordred urn for funeral, paid 58.00 for 2 day delivery, they did not arrive called fed ex and they insisted they were delivered to my front door... see tracking number 514810466979. It says delivered 11/14 at front door. 11/15 we called the urn company and fed/ex. Fed ex said they talked to the driver who insisted he delivered to the side door, which does not exist. Fed said they would call back with status. As of today, 11/17 we have not rec'd any feedback from fed ex.
Because of the urgency in needing this Urn, we took matters into our own hands, and traced the package by foot. It was found at at 2021 Huntcliff and left at their front door. They have no side door either.
My biggest concerns are: lack of honesty, no delivery ever made and they took an additional 58,00 and never delivered anything .

Customer Rating

On 1-12-2013, at 11:48 AM, I happened to be looking out my front window to see a Fed Ex truck at my curb. I don't know if the individual was male or female but I watched as the Fed Ex employee opened the right side sliding door and drop some trash right into the street. Shameful!

Yes, I know this may seem like nothing to others but i cannot condone what this person did. Why bother switching to electric vehicles if your employees are going to litter? Environmentally friendly employee? NOT! It is bad enough we have so much trash all over our streets and in our water, but tell me, how would YOU feel?

Imagine if every one of your employees threw trash into our streets as I saw happen right in front of my home, how would THAT look to the world? I say again, this complaint may be a "back burner" issue but where else are we to start?

I don't care if your employee believes in it or not, your company may want to consider a mandatory in-depth class about littering/environmental issues that seem to not have been addressed within your so-called "environmentally-friendly company.

I would like detailed information about what steps you will be taking concerning this employees infraction. Thank you for taking the first step to helping our environment on an individual employee basis.

Customer Rating

i have recently sent an item through fedex, the driver decided to leave the item outside the persons front door without a signature, and they claim they never recieved the item and are now chasing me for the item (iphone 4) or cash, i phoned fedex told them what had happened and they admitted that the driver was wrong to leave the item without a signature and admitted liability, but sinse then i've had nothing but excuse on why they can pay out, firstly i sent it through my works account which i had permission to do so, and i was told that they do not cover personal items sent through works accounts, i've bin through the agreement and nowhere does it mention this, after that i was told the item wasn't covered because it was over 12 months old which also turned out to be nonesense. i was then sent an email saying that head office had given the ok to process the claim, for them then to tell me 4 days later that they'd done a uturn and where undecided if the could process it due to it being a personal item again. this has been going on around a month now and would really like it sorting out or i will have to take legal action

Customer Rating

A rain shower is not inclement weather unless you are driving a convertible or have no wipers. Your excuse is as bogus as the drivers excuse. Your drivers that work the weekends just do not like to come out here, this problem does not exist during weekdays. Again the will be escallated to the highest levels within the Fedex organization. This is nothing but a coverup for the driver and for the liars at Fedex Cookville. If you contact the weather service you will find that there was only rain showers in this area on 4 May 2013. Again quite protecting the liars at Cookeville...
---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Poor delivery service [Incident: 130504-001060]
From: webmaster@fedex.com
Date: Sun, May 5, 2013 6:59 am
To: paul@paul-t-williamson.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
> center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
> Subject
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
> Poor delivery service
> Discussion Thread
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
> Response (Charmaine B.) - 05/05/2013 07:59 AM
> Dear Mr. Williamson:
> Thank you for contacting FedEx. We regret any inconvenience you experienced as a result of this situation.
> Unfortunately, inclement weather conditions throughout the United States have and continue to cause disruptions within the FedEx routing system. Packages are being delivered as quickly as possible.
> You may wish to continue monitoring your shipment to obtain updated status by using our online tracking page:http://www.fedex.com/us/tracking
> Thank you for your patience in this matter, and for contacting FedEx.
> Charmaine B.
> FedEx Customer Service
> Customer (Paul Williamson) - 05/04/2013 05:40 PM
> Fedex tracking number 111653816174752
> This is the third time on a weekend that a package was not delivered and a bogus lie was entered on the tracking web site. I spoke with a customer customer service rep at around 2.15 PM and she put me in contact with the Cookeville FedEx office. The
> Cookeville Fedex office informed me to meet the driver somewhere. I told the office that I paid for delivery to my home and that is what i expect. He then told me that the driver would call, that has not happened. There is only a slight rain and that is no excuse for non delivery as drivers during
> the week come out here during snow storms with no problem. If i had known that the Lazy Fedex driver working today would not come today I would either had the package shipped by UPS which I would have received on Monday or by USPS which would have received on Tues. Either way would
> have saved shipping cost.
> THIS DRIVER NEEDS TO BE FIRED AND IF THE COOKEVILLE OFFICE IS COVERING FOR HIM, THN THEY NEED TO BE FIRED ALSO.
> Paul Williamson
> 931-570-4569

Customer Rating

I had 2 situations with the same fed ex delivery man. I had a large package of 180lbs that I paid to have delivered to my home. The first time the delivery man told me he could not bring the package to my front door because he did not have the trolly and could not carry the package. I told him that was ridiculous and that if the company couldn' t properly deliver a package they should not be in the delivery business. I let him use my trolly to bring the package to the front door.
On the second occasion (the same delivery man) disregarded my request to have delivery placed by my front door rather than on my driveway, where there is no access for me to get the package into my home.
For the second delivery, the delivery guy did not make any attempt to make me aware he was delivering the package because he did not want to be bothered to deliver the package to my front door. I saw him pull into my driveway, unload the package on my driveway with only a" door tag" on the package.
I think this delivery driver was very unprofessional and should be reprimanded for his poor customer service. I paid a lot of money for the product and the delivery of the product. I specifically purchased it on line because I was not able to pick it up in the store due to the weight of the package and wanted to have it delivered to my home (front door). I have never had this issue with any other delivery service and I am very disappointed that I had to endure this aggravation for both deliveries.

Customer Rating

Just stated. Wine delivered without signature and temperature sensitive. Check the daily temps in Sterling today. NOT HAPPY. Hoping the package is OK !!!

Might want to check your delivery policy as I am often gone for days and would be so upset to see these boxes at my front door!!! Please respond. Thank You.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Delna Carruthers on 12/11/2013 at IP address 72.175.188.4 using our Fedex delivery Sterling, Co 80751 complaint form. This opinions contained in this Fedex delivery Sterling, Co 80751 customer review titled, "Left $1500 package of wine with no signature/no one home !!! 30 degree temps" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Recently went to my local FEDEX to ship a package of fine art supplies to Canada for $129.99. The package was re-shipped to my residence a week later with the box obviously ripped open. After emptying it, there was a total of $156.09 worth of merchandise missing. I contacted them beforehand once i seen the package was off-route and they told me my package could not be delivered because it was refused by the recipient.

This turned out to be 100% false. There own tracker on there website showed the package never even left the city it was shipped from (NY). After emailing and calling several times to find out why i was misinformed, i was then told my package was missing a commercial invoice. I inquired what exactly that meant (i am unfamiliar with shipping terms) and have been ignored since. I filed a claim with them and still have heard nothing.

I've taken a total loss of $391.08 from this ordeal and their customer service reps couldn't be any more unhelpful. Terrible terrible experience. I am very upset about this and am not sure what to do next. Do not EVER use FEDEX, they are horrible.

Customer Rating

A FedEx Ground truck drive down my street today (Feb 19, 2013) at approximately 12:30 PM at a high rate of speed. There are a couple of small depressions in the pavement, and when hit at high speeds the reverberations shake my house.

It is not unusual to see a FedEx Ground truck driving excessively fast on my street - it seems routine these days. I guess the drivers are more concerned with making or beating their schedule than with obeying the traffic laws, or presenting a positive image of their employer.

My street is an old, narrow residential street with 25 mph speed limit. Its name is Hatton Drive and is Severna Park, MD. Zip code is 21146.

Please look up your delivery records for this date/time/location. You should then be able to identify the offending driver.
I and my neighbors will appreciate more restraint practiced by your drivers when in this community.
Thank you.

Customer Rating

I was suppose to received a package. First the company that were sending the item put the wrong name. So therefore I missed it two times. I put my correct name and so the fedex to ring my bell. I did not receive the bell called. I called fedex and they told me it were delivery 9/27 by a g. Cooper @ 4:20. It was pickup by someone else. It very hard to watch out my window all day not knowing when the truck is comming. This is the seconf times this happen. I think Fedex should ask to see id when they are delivery a package. If it my package I dont mind showing my id. It were track # 83283367581511. I am going to receive another package between the dates of October 1st and October 5th. and I were told by the company this will be the last time that they will send it. I hope that I will receive this one. If not Fedex will be costing me some money.

Dorothy J. Brownlow
4557 S. Michigan Av. apt 2
Chicago, illinois 60653
773-536-0842

Customer Rating

You driver Brian Vickers truck #74255 fedex ground, Came to my home today at 760 mintwood rd. Bluefield WV with a delivery of 4 truck tires and the driver Brian Vickers was extremly rude and very unprofessional and as a result of this I WILL NOT use your company again!

Customer Rating

I received a purse from coach and was not please with what i had got so i call coach and told them i would shipping it to them. So i take to the nearest fedex to me and gave the lady at the front desk my packages and she told me when i went to pay for that coach takes care of their own shipping just leave it and she would see that it would to where it was goning. Before i could make it back home the packages was back at my front door. Now i am pissed off so i call speak someone from fedex at this time she could hear the rage in my voice, she told that she would take of it this time because apparently thay did not know what they were doing the first time , she informed me that she cover the expense of the packages and just to put the return address on it and she would have a driver pick it the next day, just to sat it infront of door.

This is what i did I follow fedex instructions completely. Now with this being said I call and talk to so many fedex employs that really did not want to hear what i had to say,like i made this whole thing which is far fetch from the truth, I finally did come across a manage name Melissa Witte who was suppose to helping me I explained everything that i am saying now to her and she was the least bit concern about it to of course this wasn't any money she losing at first she didn't me at all until she call any the packages was send to me twice,did she she even start looking into it. I had been calling fedex and coach for two weeks trying figure out what happened to the box, that mysteriously disappeared from my from my front door. i will never ship anything fedex again until this get solve even if i have to authority involved in inthis matter.

Fedex don't want take for something they told me to do. I call to AT&T to pull phone records of the converservation i had with the person that night on the phone ,but fedex is saying something different. Mrs. Witte refuse to acknowleged that female on the phone told to sat the package outside my front door and they would pick it up just put the return addresse on it, and they would take care of it something mistakes happened and have to acknowledge that I feel I 'am partly responsible for listen to the dumb advice one your operater gave to me. But why your just blowing me off like it o.k. it not i have read thousand of complants other consumer have made against you and they not pleasant if i had just done my homework then I never would done any business with fedex

Customer Rating

About every three weeks I get an order of cat food from Mr.Chewy.com. I have specifically requested that this package be delivered to my back door, and, to accommodate me, Mr.Chewy prints this instruction on the delivery label. Today I received a package delivered by Fedex TO THE FRONT DOOR! I have gone out of my way to insure the package be delivered to the BACK DOOR. It's just a short distance from the front door, and surely the driver is literate. Please deliver all packages addressed to me at 3927 Fremont Avenue North, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55412 to the BACK DOOR.

Companies Like Fedex