U-Haul Customer Service

Contact U-Haul Corporate

Toll free phone number: 602-263-6011

Welcome to the U-Haul complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against U-Haul online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the U-Haul corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

U-Haul Contact Information

• U-Haul headquarters address

• AMERCO
    • Phoenix
    • AZ 85004

602-263-6011

Browse reviews of other Delivery Services

Top U-Haul Complaints

On 2/15/19 I reserved a U-Haul truck at Garner, NC an upsize from a one room apartment for 7 pm evening pick up. When I went to pick up the truck I was charged an additional fee. I have a debit card (I realize debit cards are the equivalent of cash) and a $100 deposit must be obtained. In addition to the deposit that was agreed on the telephone another $100 was applied. The attendant, named Carlos was rude and did not offer me any consolation or explanation as to why the additional fee was being applied. I had to move from the residence to the other so I agreed. When I went to back to the residence I was moving from, I realized I needed a hand truck for the heavy pieces to be moved. I went back to rent a hand truck and was told the hand truck was $10 but because I had a debit card an additional $60 must be deposited. Therefore, upon the first trip $287.33 was removed from my account. Then when I returned to rent the hand truck $81.76 was removed from my account. Upon moving the next day I went to the local U-Haul to get my money back and was told that since my account was so screwed up I would have to have a manager to get all of the money back that I was owed.
The attendant that waited on me was rude and offered no explanation for the actions that he took to remove my money from my account. I thought I was the customer and deserved some respect because I chose to spend my money at that store. If the owner/operator intends to give out good business, that attendant leaves a lot to be desired as far as good service goes. I intend on getting to the bottom, with my money being returned and if I can press charges on my money being taken out of my account fraudulently, I will. I have not ever had such rude service from U-Haul as I like many others, need this service.

We paid for a trailer hitch obtained through Uhaul and they assured us they could install the hitch they do them all the time. Yet they installed us so its not usable since they blocked off the hole for the locking pin and also we are not sure what else they may have damaged yet. We will never ever go to Uhaul again

I was Schedule to pick up a Uhaul Truck at Big Boyz Toys at 943 South State Street, Jackson, MS at 10: am 3/1/2019. Arrived at 9:50 am, the store was not open, called the owner was informed that they decided to take an early lunch. When I replied that I was there to pick up the truck his response was "SO". I will never ever rent from UHAUL again if I am sent to that store. They are the worst representative of a U-Haul center I have ever had the misfortune to be associated with. That store gives Uhaul a very very bad name. 1 is the lowest you can give I wish there was a 1/3 on the scale they don't deserve that.

Because of criminal activities of your thugs employees I am now homeless ,out of my medications and contacts. I filed a police report: DPD-19-00-68371. I am DEMANDING compensation from your company(insurer) for the theft of my personal belongings from the cabin of my rental track and deny doing that while later revealed employees indeed stole my laptop. My phone 206 535-6606 I will provide all details and papers with contract between me and Uhaul. I will not leave like that and will vigorously defend myself including most consequential actions against you

On 02/08/19 at approximately 1100 hrs. I went to the uhaul store at 2400 Riverside DR. IN Danville VA. I purchased 10 large boxes and paid for them with a female cashier and received a receipt. When I walked out of the store and put the boxes in my truck and started to leave. The store manager last name KELLY. Walked out if the store and stopped me from leaving and asked if I paided for the boxes? I told him REALLY DO YOU THINK I WOULD STEAL SOME BOXES. He smirked and walked back inside the store . I departed feel embarrassed and humiliated, as I drove home I turned around and went back to the store and informed the manager that I did not appreciate being accused of stealing when he could have asked his cashier who was standing 2 ft away from him if I had paid for the boxes. This is unacceptable and poor customer service in the worst way. This manager needs to be displined and trained how to handle customers properly. I will never go back to u haul and I will share my experience with everyone I know in the future.

Rented a truck today as I have several times. Showed up to pay was told I have a E Alert. Called to clear it up found out I was associated with someone who owed money. Which I researched the person my self.( I have worked as a private investigator,) I worked and lived in Colorado for the last 17 yrs. The rental was made in Ca on 11/20/2017 per information received by U haul. I was in Mt for thanksgiving the week of 11/20/2017. U haul gave me conflicting statements first we shared a Drivers lisc number, then we shared a credit card then I lived in Pa and shared an address with this person. I took things into my own hand and started to gather information with the personal information provided to me by u haul they emailed me an address a drivers lisc along with this persons name. I never knew u haul could share customers info but lucky for me I was able to research and find out who my associates were. So the address belonged to a woman who was not listed on the rental the person on the rental was a male who was not living at address according to his linked in career he was living in Nd. the woman was living in the state that the rental took place and has been arrested for theft embezzling and drugs and happens to have the same date of birth as me but ten yrs younger. U haul said call the police and file a report I had two officers show up at the address then called u haul corporate office to settle thing they said I don't need to file a report they can clear it up right now. The officers left after being informed u haul will clear it up I then had the clerk try another rental to find out I still had an alert, I called the corporate office shared all the information of my 5 hour day with u haul and playing detective to help clear my name. U haul continued to tell me they know I know the person who owed them money there fore I can not rent from u haul until this person pays their bill or I pay this bill. This was my third day with a new moving company and I had to cancel my move which cost me over $400 and maybe my job. I am tired of being told I know this person or am any way associated with any rental that took place in Ca. I plan on filing a suit against u haul for harassment, refusing services on grounds of discrimination, False Accusations— Defamation of Character marking my file with false statements that had a direct financial loss as well as damage to my reputation and employment. I stated the only person who had been on my account with me is my 19 yr old daughter we have never had lost or stolen cards reported and she has A credit as I do. U haul asked for her name I gave it which is now added to this do not rent to list. Who the hell does u haul think they are???? I have reached out for legal assistance and will continue to clear me and my daughter of this mess not because I will ever give them another dime or would engage in any future service with them but because their actions are unethical, and violation of fair credit reporting act by sharing a third party's information with me and knowingly linking someone to me, shame on u haul for your wrongdoing criminal and civil violations against myself and daughter, and additionally penalizing us for someone's actions. Your company not only discriminates but tries to get people with money and credit to pay for other bills.
You always have my phone verified at the counter
You always take a picture of my id
You always verify my credit card with my id
You always send me a reservation email
You have no phone record to me or email reservation to my email or any charges on this date or around this date disputed or excepted I suggest you pull your camera and signatures and compare id and email to where this transaction took place and what the person looked like and clear this up go after the people who owe you money not your good paying customers. Ps I have explained to our corporate office the mess we are currently contracted with budget and ryder with corporate accounts and I will use them from this point forward, I no now why you are not on our list and will never be.. please do not rent u haul...….

Few days ago I called UHaul in Oahu intending to rent 3-4 U Boxes. As per your advertisement-UHaul will deliver and pick up the UBoxes.
I was told that they do not deliver in Oahu, I will have to pick up the 4 UBoxes. When I asked why they do not deliver as advertised I was told that the
ROAD LANES IN OAHU ARE VERY NARROW hence it is not safe to drive the boxes on a trailer. I have never heard of such a ridiculous excuse.

I am hoping that your corporation will educate your affiliates to better service your prospective customers.

As expected, I did not rent the UBoxes.

Max in O'Ahu

WARNING WARNING .. Don't go to uhaul for any installations they have no clue of what they are doing !!!!! 2017 jeep all I needed was a hitch install simple right not with these fools messed up the install and wiring so bad had to bring it to trailer city to redo it all ..I read the reviews I was warned but trusted the uhaul name enough to move forward BAD MOVE ON MY PART .. I called several times brought it back to them NOTHING ..YOU BEEN WARNED

Hitch install @ 1110 Lincoln Av Holbrook,NY11741. The young person who did the install tried very hard I have no beef with him . The wiring is my issue it was wrapped around the outside hitch and dangling around looked bad on a new suv.He didn't know how to fix the issue but tried hard !!!! I wanted a outside plug installed to correct the problem .The manager Chris was my main problem with his very very bad attitude.After several phone calls I brought my Jeep back there to speak to him to resolve my issue it fell on deaf ears. I told him I will contact the main office about this matter with his bad attitude he told me nobody can do anything about it HE IS THE ONE IN CHARGE . I finally had a customer service rep on the phone with me when this chris started to yell and threaten me which was herd by your customer service rep from outside my jeep ..This is no manager he is a wolf in sheeps cloth and has you people fooled . I love your product but this guy put a bad taste in my mouth .. After getting no help the customer service rep told me to leave she herd everything he said to me and will forward what she herd to corporate herself. My jeep looks horrible and this will be the last cry for help until possibly legal action if needed .

Jan. 7, 2019
The following was my original reservation that I placed Jan. 1, 2019. I placed a call to the 88 Storage & More just to make sure I was not going to have any problems getting a truck. I found out that the business at the Clarkson location was closing their U-Haul and I could not get a truck there. The business owner also told me that they had never had trucks at their location only trailers. She did tell me that there had been trucks sitting right down the road from where I live in Leitchfield, (about 5 miles from the Clarkson location) all summer and as far as she knew that they had not been used. I immediately called U-Haul and explained to them what was told to me and the reservation specialist told me it would be okay, that someone from scheduling would call me at my number 270-589-7780, on Sunday, to confirm where to pick up the truck and that she would make note of the trucks in Leitchfield area which was at the location of Woosley Outfitters, Annetta Rd, Leitchfield KY.

Saturday Jan. 5, I received an email with the information below to pick up the truck at the Clarkson location. I call U-Haul and explained the situation to them. After talking to about two different departments they said again, it's okay, I am to pick up the truck at Woosley Outfitters, Annetta Rd., Leitchfield Ky. The store would be CLOSED but I could check in on my phone and It would tell me what to do and where I could get my key. After I hung up I found out someone had called my husband's phone number which had nothing to do with this transaction. I thought why did someone call my husbands number that is strange. (more confusion)

This morning we were at Woosley Outfitters 1314 Annetta Rd, Leitchfield KY 42754 at 10:00 a.m. to pick up the truck. My son starts the check in process, I pay for the truck and then it won't let us finish picking up the truck. I call customer service. She tries to tell me that my reservation has been canceled. I told her that it should not have been, that I didn't cancel it. Then she said it was canceled in August. I said NO it was not I had just reserved it a couple of days ago. After being on hold a number of times she couldn't figure out what the problem was so she told me I was going to have to make another reservation. She transferred me to reservations. This lady said it was because my son had signed in as the driver and that we needed to start the whole process over again. I told her I had already paid. She said it would be okay. So we started the whole process again. Didn't work, Woosley Outfitter's wouldn't come up as a location. She said to keep trying and then she said that we needed to down load the app and try it that way. We were getting very frustrated by this time. We down loaded the app tried again and still no Woosley Outfitters. After being on hold a number of times she then transferred me to transportation. He looked at it and immediately saw the problem. Someone had typed in 10 p.m instead of 10 a.m. We were able to get in and finish checking in. No problem. He told me that he would make notes about it in the system.

I tell you all this to say: It took an hour an half to do all that, from 10 to 11:30. We sit next to the moving truck on the phone with U-haul. Ridiculous! We still had to move and we were trying to get it done before it started raining. This caused a lot of stress for us and I feel that even though this was a mistake it would be really nice to be compensated for our time and trouble. Also I believe I was charged for 6 blankets that I didn't get. They were in the original order from 88 storage & More and & do not think they were ever taken off. He is unloading the truck today in St. Louis. I'm really hoping that there is no problem with the drop off.

I, April Green, placed the original order and my son, Shane Thurston was the driver. I hope to hear from you soon.

Many times user of U-haul,
April Green

2017 jeep Cherokee hitch install wiring ..The hitch is fine but the wiring is wrapped around the hitch defacing my jeep .Never seen anything like this no customer on this planet would be happy with this install not to mention the jeep is brand new .The wiring is unexceptible need immediate remedy to this nightmare.

John DiBartolo
631-8604298

I rented a truck and van to move my family's belongings. We had an issue with the landlord 2go made it impossible to move our things out of the house. Cops called everyday we had a chance to move out stuff. So much so that even when we wherent there they where called and would check at my job to see if I was there. Which led to me being let go from that job. I talked to the gentleman we had rented the truck from and he gave me a number to contact to someone in uhaul customer service named Christy . When we called she was off that day and talked to a women named Heather I belive was her name. I told her what was going g on and she told me she would have another manager call me that day to discuss options. Never heard from anyone and she said everything should be alright thought to just take care of our move and return the vehicles as soon as possible. About a week later my phone was cut off due to lack funds. But they have my email and never contacted me again except to deliver recipe. Well one morning we wake up and the van is gone with put belongings in it. And it was uhaul recovering there vhehicl is what we where told and good luck finding our stuff.and then hung up on. Unbelievable right. Well it get even better from there. After several hours of calling and get the run around my eidr finally gets ahold of a women named Denis. She tells my wife if we get the trailer back to you on that day the guy we rented if from we will be able t9 get our things back. That the gentleman will be able to tell us where we can recover our belongings. When we talk to the gentleman which was a lot more helpful then any other person I have yet to talk to from anyone uhaul he tells me he has no idea that he has nothing to do with it that it's all uhaul. He says he doesn't even want us to get into any trouble that y'all are press him about it. That we have stayed in touch and expl situation and he gets it. So we try and reach Dave again but instead talk to a disrespectful rude man named Dave. Who instead of wanting to help is and resolve the issue at hand wanted to disrespected us and not help. Finally after hours of waiting he says he's at the place we dropped the truck off at and we can get just a suit case and a purse of my wife. When we get there I ask him if he can explain a recipe I have but of course he doesn't understand it ether and instead goes back to his insults and rude behavior and snatches the recipe out of my hand and trays to scratch out the number of rental periods. So we have the law come over and he's says he can't really do anything that we should try and co tact uhaul that that guy wasn't really uhaul just a contractor. If that's true he's really making uhaul look bad acting the way he did bring so rude and disrespectful. When I was explaining what was going in he just acting like he wasn't losing and told me he didn't care. We have tried several time since then to get ahold of someone to try and get out belongings. Ee still jave clothes and medication and other belongings that where on the van. I know I owe them some money but it doesnt mean they can steal my things. They came to the house and took the van with it ever contacting me or saying anything about what was gonna on. Last time I talked to someone they said it was ok they understood. Now they have several of my items including two granite counter tops that'll dont belong to me that where my grandma I was supposed to deliver to my her. The peo pl me I've talked to so far have been nothing but rude and disrespectful. Havent been any help. There contracts says they will work with us and come to a solution. Not take your belongings and hold it for ransome. After over charging you and not being able to explain why they decide to act how they did with not ever even trying to contact me.

I ha a hitch installed on the 2nd week of July. when he installed it he did something to my muffler that made it sound like it had a leak when getting on the interstate and going up hills. I took it back to them and he did not dispute the fact that it was not like that before I brought it to them. he said take it to their regular guy down at quality exaust. I have lived here for 38 years and quality exaust is where you go when you cant afford to take it anyplace better. against my will I took it to them. they put it on a rack and said that there were no leaks but said he didn't have time to drive it to hear the loud gurgle it was doing. so I went back down to uhaul and told them what they said. they then told me to have it fixed by whomever can fix it and bring them the bill, and that was why they had insurance. I have 3 kids and am having very much difficulty paying for this as everytime I try to get the money together something happens with the kids or something else that I have to use my money on. it has been 3 months and I am afraid that this is tearing up my engine by burning up my 0 rings if I don't get it fixed. please let me know what you want me to do before this destroys my only car that I use for my family.
304-395-3541

Uhaul proudly prints on their boxes they will buy back unused boxes purchased from them. The small print says "with receipt". The store at I225 and Colfax stuck to the small print over six lousy boxes. I left them in the lobby figuring they need them more than I do. I WILL NEVER USE OR RECCOMEND UHAUL AGAIN. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. THERE ARE FAR BETTER AND CHEAPER OPTIONS WHO KNOW HOW TO TREAT AND RETAIN CUSTOMERS!!!

THEY SUCK

I was charged more than I should have. I was carged for 18 days and I only used the trailer for 1 day..I was charged $388.88. Please check this out and make this out and make the difference.

Marvin P. Trull
68 Oak St.
Varnville, SC 29944

I RENTED A TRAILER 6X12 FROM MARGATE FL TO OCALA FL THE CHARGE WAS $339.00 PLUS TAX NOW IF I RENT THE SAME TRAILER FROM OCALA,FL TO MARGATE,FL THE CHARGE IS $71.00 PLUS TAX IT DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT I CALLED U-HAUL SPOKE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE THE LADY ON THE PHONE COULDN'T EXPLAIN WHY THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE SAME EQUIPMENT SAME DISTANCE SOMETHING WRONG HERE.

On July 29th I rented a 26 foot truck. When I went to pick up the truck at 4020 San Mateo NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110
the person helping me checkout said the truck was empty of gas. He asked me if I would mind traveling to the nearest gas station and fill up to half a tank and that by doing so I would not get charged for my gas usage when I turned it in. I agreed as I needed to get going as soon as possible. The total cost for half tank is $87.34 which I gave them the receipt

and kept a copy for me on my Iphone. They also charged me $21.03 for a total of $108.34 total miles used as per my receipt truck out 149260....in...149282.0....used..22 miles. I stoped by the on Wed. and talked to the manager, he was not polite at all, said he would refund only $21.00 foward the gas bill of $87.34 I just checked my bank account and there is no refund yet. They said my total estimated bill would be $64.00 so I am owed $44.34 which the manager seems not to want to refund. if you check my file, because of my business I rent u-haul truck in Santa Fe, and Albuquerque at least twice a month, and have been renting for the past three years, thank you, Joseph Gallegos 505-919-9335 If you need for me to send you my gas receipt please let me know as they kept the origanel one

I own a used furniture and decor shoppe in Valparaiso, Indiana. I rent 3-4 trucks a month depending on our needs. The last 2 rentals have been the biggest problems! I don't understand why they will take your reservation if they don't have the truck in that facility!!!! This past weekend we drove over 5 hours to move our son. Then we find out on the way there, that we need to drive over an hour out of our way to get the truck! REALLY?? If you didn't have the truck, why did you take the reservation??? We were standing there when the gal made the reservation and specifically told them that we needed a truck in Carbondale because we were driving over 5 hours already. I spoke with them on the phone and they assured me that everything was fine. The week before I rented a truck for the shoppe to deliver furniture. I got to the dealership in Gary and was told I will need to call corporate because I don't have your reservation. I spoke with traffic/corporate and they explained that there was nothing they could do, and if i wanted a truck, i would need to travel to Highland! I told them that I was never contacted about the change and they had ALL morning to call and let me know before i went to Gary. Corporate explained that there was not a problem giving me extra miles!!! What about all the gas that I'm paying for the truck and my car in all those extra miles?? Not happy with the way i was treated by corporate!! Woman I spoke with was very matter of fact, like this happens all the time! After reading reviews, I'm very unhappy with the way I was treated. The only nice U-Haul employee was in Illinois where we traveled over an hour to pick up the truck. I would appreciate a phone call to explain why all this happened. Lindz Kartje 260-348-2619

I am trying to get ahold of customer service by calling 1-800-789-3638. I recently returned a U-Haul truck. I am being charged for 153.00 for paint on the U-Haul truck floor. I do not remember the paint. The other charge is for gas.

I am EXTREMLY concerned that U-Haul is debiting my checking account without my prior knowledge. My account was debited the entire amount in two chunks without my knowledge resulting in late fees through my bank. If I do not hear from a representative, then I am contacting my bank to report unauthorized transactions through my account.

This is just unfortunate and irresponsible for a business.

Eric Shirley @ Hwy 80 E. Pearl,Ms. is a liar and got rude when I sent an email stating I didn’t owe for the previous month. After contacting him via phone and in person (June) I was told on those occasions I would be in the clear. Prior to moving (May) there was an issue paying via online. I went inside and told him I was planning to move for the month of June and what did I need to do. He told me just pay for that month and let them know I have moved and I would be in the clear. Once I moved, I mentioned the locks. I told him I wasn’t sure if the lock was locked on there or not ... I didn’t remember being the last person out. Since my items were gone I do remember leaving the lock but not locking the unit (via in person and phone) He told me not to worry about it and that he would take care of it. He cracked a joke about him recognizing my number because I always called if I had a question. So, I moved the 1st part of June (PAID) . Now, I’m getting billed. I was told he had to wait until that month cleared that I actually rented to clear out. That I was good. I had nothing to worry about. I get an email stating I’m late. I responded that the issue was discussed. However, I noted this was my 3rd attempt and my next step would be corporate. So, I get a RUDE call about the lock being on the storage. He was demanding his money but he needed the lock off. I said well you told me you would take care of it and not worry about it! He denied everything. Basically, tried to belittle me saying he couldn’t sell it to anyone else. He talked about losing money and how irrational of me to leave it lock. If I’m in the wrong, fine. I get it. However, it’s a way to talk to people.His whole attitude change from the person that I had been dealing with the entire time of using the storage.

My issue is I shouldn’t have to pay if he ( Mgr) agreed that everything would be taken care of. I constantly called and went in the store. Also, he told me to get the lock off and to let him know when I do so. As rude and mean as he was I don’t feel safe to go to the store nor my storage unit. I’m afraid of retaliation or being approached in a negative demeanor of some sort whether it’s by police or him. I’m an African American female. Therefore, I don’t want to jeapordize my freedom by a misunderstanding at the hands of someone who lied and manipulated me to get more money. When I could’ve paid and followed specific instructions and been completely over with. Not for the process to be dragged out to drained more money. Again, if I’m at fault I get it. However, as a manager I took his word for it. Considering, he wasn’t just a regular clerk. He had a genuine attitude whenever I had to deal with him. The way our society is set up. Everyone feels the need to be rude or demanding because of power and color. It’s totally not right and very distasteful!

#1054

Your procedures which include asking the customer to produce a contact with a cell phone who can be called on the spot to verify that the customer is legitimately who they say they are is flawed. Here's why: you do not let the customer know in advance that this is what to expect so the customer is completely unprepared and caught off guard. Perhaps this is what you want, but let me explain why this is unfair. I reserved a 15' truck in advance for pickup in Houston at 7am on a Saturday morning and followed all known procedures. Then, at pickup time, I was asked to produce a contact who UHaul could phone on the spot that would verify my identity at 7am on a Saturday. Guess what? Nobody would pick up at that hour, because I WAS NOT INFORMED THAT THIS WAS A REQUIRED PROCEDURE AND I THEREFORE COULD NOT INFORM ANYONE TO PICK UP THEIR PHONE ON A SATURDAY MORNING AT 7AM. I was severely delayed even though I followed all of your KNOWN procedures. How unfair of you and I consider this harassment. What will you do about this?

This is my second written complaint and one phone contact assuring me that I would hear from someone within 48 to 72 hours. That was weand I'm still waiting. Here's the problem. We rented a truck on June 10, 2018 from your store at 99 Westbank Expressway, Harvey,70053. I checked the fuel on the chart and was satisfied that all was okay. I put about 20 miles on the truck and turned it in to the above store and deposited the keys in the night drop. Prior to this , I fueled the vehicle with 5.016 gallos of gas. The next day I received a final invoice and included in this was a charge of $17.50 for EZfuel. I immediately called them and explained to a party identifying himself as the manager. Well , I got no where with this overwhelming party who was totally nasty. I am requesting a refund in the amount of $17.50 ; otherwise I intend to go forward with this until resolved. Contact me at
504-231-6415 or wjl607@gmail.com. Thanks Warren, July 19 , 2018.

This worst company I had deal with no one know anything they try push problem on someone else they over charged me and never got money back please did not choose this company it was worst nightmare deal with it no call back or email just charges axtra for things you should be charge beware

I just had the electrical harness for hooking up trailers installed at the New Port Richey U haul store an I have not been this put out and mad in a long time. I called on 07/09/18 for a a 2pm install on 07/10/18. Joshua (reservations clerk ) assured me that the job was an hour long since I already had the hitch assembly. I stressed the point that I had to go by the VA by ,3:30pm for an appointment that I could not miss as it was concerning the high blood pressure levels I had been experiencing. Fast forward! I get to the appointment early but the tech is 38 minutes late. I have Vanessa (clerk) ask him,before he starts if he can finish in an hour? No problem he say, maybe even sooner. There was an older guy there that thought since his appointment was at 2:30 pm that his car should be worked on before a 2 pm job for some reason. Well the 1 hour job turned into 3 1/2+ hours an what I came to discern was that they actually worked on the older guys car first even though I had a earlier time slot an was already put out 50 minutes. I called the store mgr an he was useless. There is too much about all this that I can't even document because it's the same old crap going on an I am sick of going there. But I will never, ever.. use uhaul again, anywhere! I will make sure no one I know uses them even if I have to rent a competeters equipment to keep money out of there hands. I am waging a campaign a gainst uhaul from this day forward. They don't think we have any power, but it all adds up. All our little voices can echo like thunder when we are together. I will find others that have been wronged an we will see what we can get done. This is the last straw. They take your money an treat you like they're doing you a favo now get out of my store! The customer is always right an all companies that forget that eventually stop being companies. Uhauls competition just got a friend in me an mine. All they needed to do was acted like they cared. Now they'll see how much the little guy is truly worth when their revenue starts drying up. The customer is the boss. Don't believe that? Keep disrespecting the boss an see what happens?!!

The website allowed me to choose a pickup location that apparently never carries the truck I want. The website and the customer services representative tried to send me to a location that is 250 miles away from my house. I tried to change my pick up location online and received an error and message to call 1-800-GO-UHAUL. When I called that number they told I had to call a different number. Quite the runaround. If I didn't need to complete this today, I would start looking for a different company. I think next time I'll avoid the UHaul customer DIS-SERVICE, and just start with Penske!!!

Helped a friend move their parents, I had many boxes from helping with another friends move, but we bought 20 more boxes. The family already had boxes, so we ended with 14 boxes not used. When we went to return the boxes, the U-Haul office demanded the paper receipt to buy back boxes. We showed them the phone record listing the store, date and the amount. They required the contract number from the sale or they could do nothing.
They clearly had no interest in helping us and offered no other options except store credit. We had considered buying boxes at Wal-Mart. Now we wish we had bought from a company that understands customer service.

I reserved a u haul truck and car dolly more than a week before I needed it. When I went to pick it up it was not there. I was sent about 10 miles north and was again told it was not there. I was sent about 10 miles south across the street from my original dealer. When I got there the lady was very nasty in telling me that I was late. I told her the problem I had finding the truck. She never asked me what kind of car I was towing. She put down a 2014 Chevy cruz. What I was actually attempting to tow was a 2018 Buick lacrosse. When I attempted to tow the car I ran into a huge issue. After several phone calls I found a trailer to put the car on. I had to unload the car and travel about 15 miles out of way to exchange the dolly for a trailer. That gentleman was having an issue with his internet so the exchange had to be handled on the phone. The lady on the phone was also nasty when she asked for the contract number. I read it to her and she insisted that was not a contract number. After she found my info she never apologized and said we were all set. All this set me back about 3 hours. All in all this was the worst moving experience I have ever had. If possible in the future I will only use u haul as a last option.

YOU CLOSED THIS COMPLAINT OUT AND IT WAS NOT RESOLVED YOU TOLD ME TO CONTACT COLLECTIONS IN REFERENCE TO THIS AND THATS WHAT I DID IF YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT YOU WOULD BE HANDLING THIS ISSUE BEFORE YOU SENT ME TO COLLECTIONS YOU SHOULD OF SAID THAT INSTEAD OF GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND. THIS COLLECTION FEE IS A RIP OFF BECAUSE JUST LIKE YOU WAITED TO COLLECT THE 14 AND SOME ODD DOLLARS TO ADD THE COLLECTION FEE. WHY DIDNT YOU RUN THE CARD THE DAY YOU SEEN IT WAS OVER THE DEPOSIT? I WOULD OF EASILY RATHER PAID THE 14.00 THAN TO BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL $30.00 TO RUN MY CARD. IT WASNT A COLLECTION YOU DIDNT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT RUN THE SAME CARD THAT WAS ON FILE TO RESERVE THE TRUCK. THE SAME CARD THAT WAS NOT TO BE CHARGED ACCORDING TO THE WEBSITE. IT WAS ONLY TO RESERVE THE TRUCK. I DID NOT GIVE PERMISSION TO RUN MY CARD. IF YOU THINK THIS IS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE RIPPING CUSTOMERS OFF FOR COLLECTION FEES. I ALREADY KNEW THIS WOULD BE AND ISSUE WHEN YOU WANTED TO ARGUE WITH ME IN PREVIOUS EMAIL ABOUT THE FEE. IN YOUR MIND TELL ME WHO WOULD WANT A $30.00 FEE FOR $14.00. like I TOLD THE REPRESENATIVE. I WAS MOVING IT WAS A LOT GOING ON AND I DIDNT CHECK MY EMAIL TIL AFTER THE FEE WAS CHARGED AND IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO BE NASTY AND CHARGE ME THATS FINE BUT I WILL NOT BE SILENT IN THIS MATTER. I HAVE RENTED FROM UHAUL PLENTY OF TIME JUST NOT THAT LOCATION AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES THAT COULDNT BE RESOLVED WITH A SOLUTION I WASNT HAPPY WITH. THE DECISION TO ONLY RUN MY CARD THE DAY THE FEES WERE CHARGED IS WRONG.I FEEL ITS UNFAIR AND YOU ARE JUST UNREASONABLE.WHEN YOU RAN MY CARD IT WAS NOT DECLINED YOU DIDNT HAVE TO KEEP TRYING TO REACH ME BUT YOU CHARGE ME $30.00 TO RUN MY CARD WHEN YOU WERE NOT AUTHORIZED.

my conversation with v.Harris

asap
x

Vinson Harris

Jul 31

You must contact collections about this. Why didn't you come and pay the diff...

sheila overton <overtonsheila@gmail.com>

to Vinson

First off I don't have my email and to my phone I have to go and retrieve them...I was moving I wasn't thinking about that I truly forgot...but why didn't they run the card still if I had called it would have been collected still.yoi telling me who to contact but you didn't give me the information Mr.Harris...since you are such a customer service type of guy???!!

Vinson Harris

to me

(800)528-0463 Not to argue, but my point is is that you left a $100 deposit which mean that you will either have change or a balance due. This usually means you will have to contact the location.

I ordered a 20 foot U-haul truck and also an auto transport to move my family from Lancaster, California to Medford, Oregon. I received a confirmation order saying that I had placed my order and it would be ready on August 15th, 2016 at 8:00 in the morning. When I got to the U-haul location to pick up the truck, I was told that all they had was a 17 ft truck. I told them that the 17 ft. truck was not large enough and that my goods would not fit into the truck. I also told them that I had placed an order for the 20 ft. truck on July 22,2016. They told me "take it or leave it". Since I had to be out of my home by the end of that day, I was forced to take it.

Consequently, I was forced into renting a storage unit to store the items that would not fit into the truck which is costing me $130.00 a month (for a 10 X 10 unit). We then loaded our goods onto the 17 ft. truck, went back and picked up the auto transport, loaded the car and continued to travel to Oregon. We had initially intended to store some of our goods in a storage unit in Medford, Oregon as our home would not be finished until the end of the year and then move all of our goods into the new home.

As it is now, we have half of our goods in an apartment and the other half in a storage unit in Lancaster, CA. and when our home is completed I have to make a trip to Lancaster, rent another truck, pay for movers to load it and then drive it to Medford, Oregon and pay another set of movers to move the goods into the home. I'm sure that if you were to add up all the expenses that are going to be incurred, you will find that it is going to add up to over $2000.00 dollars plus the inconvenience of another trip to Lancaster, California not to mention the 2 -3 day drive to Medford, OR including hotel and meal expenses. I am sure that if this was to happen to you or one of your children, you would also be very upset, stressed out and not looking forward to the additional expense.

I have always used U-haul (at least 6 times) for my moving choices but I am very dissatisfied with this last experience with them. I am sure that U-haul is a very large company and has built a very good reputation throughout the years. I expect them to continue to do so. I would like to have someone in your company consider compensating me financially for my unpleasant experience and reimburse me for the additional upcoming trip to Lancaster to receive my goods from the storage unit there and transport them to Medford, Oregon. Or even better. pay for a moving company to pick up my goods at the storage unit in Lancaster and deliver them to my home in Medford, Oregon.

When we got to the U-Haul business on Reiner at in Seattle there was a lady yelling at me to move my truck. She works there and she is a terrible person. No one deserves to be treated like this. Everyone in the store was super rude and no help. I spent the whole morning looking for the store to be treated the way my family and was treated.

I have a complaint about the U-Haul located at 6343 35th Ave SW, Seattle, WA, 98126. At 8:20 8/30/16 I took my van to the local U-Haul to investigate rental of a motorcycle trailer. the employee who examined my van which has a factory towing bumper an lighting plug took a reservation #92939953 for a 10:30 pickup.

When I returned at 10:10 I stood in line for about 1/2 hr to pick up said trailer; only to be told by another employee that I needed a frame mounted hitch in order to rent the trailer. Not only did this negate my appointment for the motorcycle repair, but it also wasted my valuable time. I now have to find another means to transport my cycle for repairs. If this is how poorly trained U-Haul customer service employees are, I can assure you neither I nor my friends will be renting from U-Haul ever again.

My Sequoia broke down on highway and I Specifically asked for it to be towed to the dealership in Fredericksburg, VA. That was my worst mistake ever!!! I paid the 175.00 to have it towed there and then rented a car to go on to a funeral. The service person that worked with me called my phone and informed me I needed a engine and timing belt. This would cost 5300.00 plus dollars and vehicle will be done in 10 days. I call back and say Don't fix it I will get it home and have it fixed at home and then I am told we will not help you load vehicle or help you in any way so contact the tow company again due to liability reason. Also if you do not have the car back by Monday at 7 am you are going to get charged regular rates and not the dealer rates.

So I rent a uhaul truck and trailer and pay for my rental for 3 days. I drive the truck to Ny with my Sequoia on the back. I get home turn vehicle in to get repaired and it only needs a timing belt. I am out another tow truck fee, and uhaul and trailer to bring vehicle back. I could have used all of that money to get vehicle fixed at Fredericksburg. I tried to reach Gm several times and he only called back once and left message. I talked with mgr of service dept and he said we will not reimburse you for anything it is like being wrong? I then talk to a Mr Smith there and he says that a Toyota with over 200,000 is not worth fixing. Wow this is from someone who works there. Well this is nice to know! I have on my phone where service person says I Have to have engine and timing belt. I didn't need an engine.

Never will I go there again ...I write you, yelp next and then letter to editor.

Booked moving services on 13th December. Jana picked up a flier in the common area of our apartment building, in Wetaskiwin. She booked the services for 3 hours for the 29th December. On the 28th December she received a call from a mover saying that they would be coming as arranged to help, and then told her that she would need a truck booked as well. She was in tears after the call, as she had no idea that a moving company would not have a truck. There was no mention on the flier that they required a truck. What moving company does not have a truck? As well there was no mention of a truck needed by the girl (receptionist) that booked these men. If these men / moving service is affiliated with U-Haul, why do they not book a truck as part of their services? I am sure that any reasonable person requiring movers would pay the additional truck cost as part of the moving costs!

U-Haul is a decent company and the customer service is pretty good. However, I have one huge (major) complaint about this company. They charge you per mile! The $19.99 and $29.99 ads are a total bait and switch. I wish that wasn't the case. I have rented many times from U-Haul and each time the mileage ads up to a lot of wasted money.

Uhaul encompasses so much more than just moving, it also takes care of storage and securing vans.  When I moved across country, I loved that I was able to rent a truck and drive myself.  The stress of moving yourself can mount, and I loved that Uhaul was there to work with me.  When I helped my family move my uncle’s thunderbird up north, we used a Uhaul trailer.  We were moving it to a small remote city in South Dakota.  Because of Uhauls many locations, we were able to drop off the trailer in a town five miles away. The one downside to this company is their storage prices.  I rented a storage unit for a little under a year.  It was in a great, climate controlled location but I could have had almost the same thing for half the price down the street.  If looking for a storage unit, I would shop around before settling on Uhaul specifically.  And remember the old adage: you get what you pay for.

Have feedback for U-Haul?