Emirates Airlines

Most Popular Complaint about Emirates Airlines

Posted by Complaints Department on Mar 29, 2014
Customer Rating

On January 9th, 2014 I came to your beautiful city to visit my daughter, Margaret McAllister who is working in Dubai. On January 20th, while on a visit to Abu Dhabi I tripped on a curb, fractured my hip and was taken to Sheikh Khalifa Hospital. There I spent 7 days in the hospital receiving hip surgery and required recuperation.
My surgeon, Dr F. Salib approved my travel back to Tucson, Arizona in the USA for February 10, 2014 based on the ability to fly business class which allowed me to January 21st my daughter called Emirates to change the flight back home and was charged a fee to change the flight to February 10th. At that time I had received an offer to upgrade to business class for 3,670.AED. She asked to take advantage of this upgrade fee because she suspected that I would need to travel business class back to the USA. She was told that 3 days before the new flight date we should receive this offer again. She was also told that she should provide all necessary medical information to Emirates at least 2 days before the flight to ensure a business class seat for me. She went with the Emirates medical paperwork to the Emirates office at the airport 5 days before the flight and was sent to 3 different counters then finally sent to the Emirates location at Business Bay.
When my daughter arrived at the Business Bay location she was told that she should have taken the 3,670.AED upgrade to business class because now it will not be offered. She explained that when changing the reservation she was told that she needed to wait until 3 days before the new flight date for the same offer. My daughter was told that due to my age of 87 and the situation I would receive special consideration on the upgrade fee. After 2 visits and 4 days Emirates did nothing but say it was OK to fly. She was then told to wait for the morning of the flight when the cheapest upgrade would be available.
Upon arriving at Dubai Airport the morning of the flight we were again sent to numerous desks just to try to check-in and upgrade my seat to business class. After 2 1/2 hours of being wheel from one desk to another we were told that the cheapest upgrade was 16,280.AED because there were only a few seats left. This was more than four times the rate of 3,670.AED. At 87 years old I have limited funds. Your staff was disorganized, and acted like thieves ready to charge whatever fee they knew they could get. To add insult to injury, after paying the 16,280AED, business class was only half full.
I had a wonderful time while in Dubai and met many wonderful caring people; however the dealing with Emirates staff made both my daughter and I aware that your staff were not caring or concerned about helping me. The exorbitant fee charged for the business class seat made me feel like you were thieves just looking for an old lady to prey upon.
I have provided you with the documentation of these issues and request that you provide me with a partial refund of the 16,280AED.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Did Emirates Airlines provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Emirates Airlines?

1.79 out of 5

Website

www.emirates.com

More Emirates Airlines Complaints

Customer Rating

Dear sir, I was very upset the way self was treated on emirates airline on my flight from MAD to DXB on 11th jan.EK142 I was seated at seat 46D and have requested for a glass of water when in flight attendent Mr.Ahmed was next to me with his cart. To my surprise he refused to give me a glass of water and was requested to wait. Self waited for 45 minutes and raised a second request and finally he agreed to give the glass of water. Self requested Mr.Ahmed for the reason for refusing s glass of water, his only explanation was "I am sorry " in a rude manner. Self wanted to raise a complaint in the flight itself. But his senior Mr.Nenad offered no assistance in doing so. In fact he acted like a tug requesting me to come to a corner to talk and he refused to give any more further details of his junior staff. Basically it was clear from his act that passengers were given no respect. They were just treated like asylum seekers. Self Emirates is following air india the way they treat their eco class passengers.

Customer Rating

I here by bring to your knowledge how my complaint has been neglected by one of your customer care staff in Emirate office in Lagos Nigeria. His name is Ikusan Victor Olusegun. I have one unused excess baggage I bought during my trip to Uk with flight Ek 030. Date: 08/04/12. I couldn’t use my excess for that trip and I decided to use it for my next trip in July same year, unfortunately I was told that I cannot use it. That I should apply for a reform. I inquire why.i was informed that thatit is your new policy.

So I was made to pay for another excess baggage for that trip. In Feb 2013 when I was booking for my trip to US I decided to call customer care office in Lagos to lay my complain., and one Mr Ikunsan Victor Olusangun attended to me. He gave me hope that he will handle my complaint.

And he forwarded Emirate Refund form to my email. He instructed me to fill it out scan and send back to him for processing which I did on the 12th of February 2013. He acknowledged my mail. since the 12/02/13. I had kept in touch with him via email and telephone conversations incurring more cost, only for him to give me a negative feedback in the month of April that Dubai office refuse.

That he cannot help me. That I should direct my complain to Dubai office. Am a Silver member of Skywards. That shows that am one of your loyal customer. It’s very discouraging to treat me in this like. Please, I will appreciate if this issue is proper address and my Refund given back to me or allow me to use it during my next trip.

To, EK booking ref: L2512N
The Customer service dept, EK booking ref: NGWMIS
Emirates Airlines,

Frequent flyer no:EK 274202331 / BLUE

Dear Madam / Sir,

My family and I have recently flown to Bangalore, India on Emirates, departing and two separate days but returning together. I would like to share three points with you that made this journey extremely upsetting!!

* uncomfortable seats
* no choice of food
* rude cabin staff

On the outward journey to Bangalore – my girls flew on March 28th, EK 566 seated on 28D & 28E, I later flew on April 12th, EK 0564 seated 31H on our return on April 16th, EK 567 we sat at row 29 -D,E,F. These trips were so uncomfortable,painful and awful, we all had excruciating lower back pain, as there was a protrusion at the lower end of the seats that hit just at the lower back area!! To make it worse all of us being tall we had to sit at an angle the whole time ….there is absolutely no leg space and when the person in front pushes his seat back – the TV screen and food tray are in your face literally!!!!

When I was travelling on the 12th of April the 3am flight – during the breakfast service I asked for a Western meal and I was told there was none left and there was nothing she could do!So I asked for another roll and was promptly told that there was no more…this was all said to me by the stewardness without even checking!! On our return again during the dinner service only one of my girls got the western meal, so when I explain to the steward that the same thing had happened just a few days ago he said he would check and get back so he did and returned with one western meal!! So when I asked him about mine he said there was no more and he could not help it!!!

Honestly, are we not all paying for this flight….why should we have to put up with uncomfortable seats, no choice and meals – then why have the printed menu with choices when you cannot even avail of it and lastly to have to speak and put up with rude and unfriendly staff.
I flown so many different airlines in my many years of travel but have in the recent past flown Emirates because of the service and comfort. However, this has been an extremely dreadful and unpleasant experince.

I do expect reply to this mail and hope the staff that were on board during those flights are spoken to!!!!

Customer Rating

Whilst recently flying from heathrow to dubai with my family on flight ekoo4 on the 7th of April 2013, passenger name hill seat 18e my seat would not operate and had to be reset at least 3 times. This was a night flight and because of this fault I was unable to sleep. I hope you appreciate that this is unacceptable and would like to know what your policy is for refunds etc.

Thanks

Dear Customer Relations Department,
I am a loyal patron to Emirates Airlines, my name is JOAQUÍN URÍBARRI ZARANZ and my Emirates card number is: EK 277 695 432.
On 11th of March, my flight from Dubai to Sydney Kingsford Smith (EMIRATES EK412 ) had a 4 hours delay. As I was going to Gold Coast (Australia) I had to pick another flight from Sydney, so when I realized is going to take a while untill we will take off, I went to talk with the Customer Service and let them know that I have to pick up another flight from Sydney to go to Gold Coast and that I am going to lose my flight JETSTAR AIRWAYS JQ404 due to the delay. They ensure that are going to take care of it and I will have a sear in the next plane, but it wasn’t like that, so when we landed in Sydney, I had to pay a new ticket to pick up the next flight. I am very dissapointed as I thought there is an airline I can trust, but unfortunately I found out is not like this. Please let me know if you need me to send you the ticket I paid in the Aiport of Sydney, if you need to check the information is correct. Please contact me at: daniela.rof@ie.edu
I look forward to your rectifying this situation asap.
Respectfully
J. Uríbarri

Frequent flyer number EK119329151
I am very upset with my experience of travelling with Emirates on April 5th. I had booked an economy ticket on 5th April by EK 542. I had done online check in and was travelling on emergency as my 85 year old father had developed severe breathing problem and was admitted in CCU in a hospital in Chennai. Unfortunately my passport had been sent for VISA renewal and was in the head office of Al Futtaim plc. So I was running from pole to pillar to get the passport out of the office as it was a Friday. With great difficulty and with high emotions I reached the check in Emirates counter by 8:05pm. The person at the counter conveniently said that the counter closed at 7:55pm and was asked to re-book in the next flight EK544. I was charged AED 420 as penality. I can produce all evidences if required.
I am living in Dubai for the last 20 years and a frequent emirates airlines flyer. I have checked in many times an hour before the flight departed though the ticket mentions that check in should be done 90 min. before flight departure.
I look forward to a reply from your department.

Regards,
Raman Kumar
050 5518493

Customer Rating

I met a lady called Yoliswa Qauka in a nightclub toilet advertising herself as an agent for cheap airline tickets. It sounded to good to be true, as she said she can get tickets on any airline but claimed to work for UAE airlines. I was suspicious so I did a little investigating. I got her cell number 0843086959 and befriended her on Facebook. In early November she travels regularly, but traveled to cape town on one of her “special tickets” on Kulula airline. My guess is since she works at an airline company, she knows the ins and outs of not getting caught.

I’m sure she obtains credit cards from her emirates clients and uses them to buy tickets on other airlines (this is sickening). I don’t know where to report such so the right people can look into it, so I’m using this space and hope someone will forward this to the right people. See her on Facebook, innocent looking face. I have been a victim of credit card fraud and I am sickened at what length some people will go to make extra cash.

Customer Rating

dear emirates my brother missed his connecting flight from London to Tobago because your flight out of either Cape Town to Dubai or from Dubai to London was delayed. now my borther is stranded in London what are u doing to help him. he left cape town Tuesday 17th of April 2012 to arrive in Tobago 18th April 2012.

He said he came to you and told you what ahd happen and you told him it’s not your fault, i dont understand it is clearly your fault why he missed his connecting flight. i jsut returned from south Africa and i travelled with your airline and i was really impressed with the service we got, so what is it now? my Brother’s name is Alix Smart. in order for him to get home he has to purchase another ticket whisch is costing him 1700 US dollars which is not fair.

where to expect him to go he is not from London and has no family there. come on man for such wonderful service my family recieved when we travelled with your airline for you all to spoil that feeling now it not a nice thing. please i am asking you to check your information you have on him, contact him and assit him please. thank you

Customer Rating

Hi, I am not sure who to send the attached message to. Flight – Emirates 226B, Date – Jan 22, 2012, Time – 3 45pm, From – San Francisco
Arriv – Dubai/ Dubai / Hyderabad – Arrived Hyderabad, Jan 24, 2012. One of my Suitcases was opened and tied with a tie – I was leaving United States and coming to live in Inida after my husband passed in 2006. I had threw (2) watches in my Suitcase SINCE I DID NOT EXPECT MY SUITCASE TO BE OPENED AND MY WATCH MISSING – One was a “Bangle Watch” from a Department Store – worth $25.00 and one was a Seiko Watch which my late husband had given me the “When we met” which had a lot of memoreies.

It was a “SEIKO” “TWO TONE WATCH’ WITH A VERY FELEXIBLE STRAP – SO WHEN THE SCREENER OPENED MY BOX JUST SLOWLY TOOK IT – JUST FOLDED IT IN HIS HAND SINCE IT WAS SO FLEXIBLE . I HAD OTHER COSTUME JEWELRY WHICH WAS ALL IN BAGS WHICH WASN’T TAKEN – IT’S JUST HEARTBREAKING TO THINK THE WATCH THAT MEANT THE MOST TO ME IN MEMORY OF MY HUSBAND WAS TAKEN –

THE SCREENER JUST SCRIBBLED HIS/HER NO. IT’S EITHER 6734 OR 67321 – CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN SCAN AND YOU A COPY OF THE INSPECTION TICKET NO. AT THE BACK OF THE TICKET IT SAYS – IT ‘A’ BIR SOUTH 159
2012 JAN 22 PM 2:13, SUITCASE WAS A ”BLACK HARD CASE” – CAN YOU PLEASE CHECK YOUR CAMERAS OR SEND ME AN E-MAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN SCAN AND SEND YOU A COPY OF THE INSPECTION.

HI – I AM SO UPSET TO THINK THAT ”EMIRATES” HAS EMPLOYEES TAKING THINGS FROM BAGGAGE THEY OPEN THIS WATCH MEANT A LOT TO ME FROM MY LATE HUSBAND – I AM A HEART PATIENT AND JUST CANNOT GET OVER THE FACT THAT THIS WATCH WAS TAKEN – I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE SINCE I WAS SO BUSY TAKING CARE OF LAST MINUTE THINGS SINCE I WAS LEAVING THE UNITED STATES PERMANENTY SO I JUST THREW THESE WATCHES IN – IF I HAD KNOW I WOULD HAVE PUT IT IN THE BAGS WITH THE OTHER COSTUME JEWELRY SINCE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HARDER FOR THEM TO OPEN THE BAGS AND TAKE THINGS OUT OR CARRIED IT IN MY HAND BAG – I WAS TIRED AND TAKING CARE OF THINGS TO THE LAST MINUTE.

PLEASE HELP ME – THIS WATCH MEANT A LOT TO ME – WAS PLANNING ON WEARING IT IN MEMORY OF MY HUSBAND – IT’S VERY PAINFUL SO PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO THE APPROPRIATE DEPARTMENT OR GET IN TOUCH WITH ME SO I COULD GIVE YOU MORE INFORMATION.

Customer Rating

Yesterday i came to Dubai with Emirates Airlines EK607. I lost one my big baggage. After staying there for an hour i figure out , some one else took my bag and left their on the Belt. After spoken to Baggage claim dept , they gave me one slip as a complaint and told me we will try our best. after pushing and long conversation he agreed to track the person whose bag is left on the belt…. He said good news is we found person contact number, live in UAE. He was not able to call the property owner due to not his dept.

I am really disperate to get my bag, its full with gifts & expensive stuff! Couldnt sleep whole night! only thinking about my bag. really disappointed! Even i dont have anything to wear bought night dress from local shop here

Customer Rating

My Father went from birmingham on sunday 13th Nov 2011 to Dubai, and was suppost to connect from there to Karachi, and the flight was slightly delayed from here and when he arrived in Dubai and got to the gate for boarding the connecting flight to Karachi, they said the flight had already left. He had to wait for 7 hours at the airport before he got another flight to Karachi, and eventually when he got to Karachi his suitacase was left in dubai, so he never got that till the evening that day. I am very disappointed with this kind of service, i encouraged him to fly with Emirates as you are well known for good service, Now my father will be reluctant in flying with Emirates.

Customer Rating

Unsatisfactory Cabin Crew Recruitment Program. Recently I have participated for recruitment program in Perth. According to the paper advertisement, starting time was advertised as 9 am sharp. I was managed to reach there five minutes before with much of difficulties as during weekends bus service is not frequent. At that time there were many candidates waiting with much of hopes, eagerly waiting for the exciting moment. Finally after one hour of the scheduled time two ladies appeared saying they from Emirates recruiting team for cabin crew and their going around the world with Emirates money to select correct people for people.

Then the surprising moment began. They showed couple of DVD’s abut Emirates group, life of Dubai and etc, Both ladies keep talking about things with are not necessary for an initial stage of recruitment program but may useful after offering job. All this rubbish was ran about another three hours.

Finally they collected all our CV’s and given a number. After that we were given a brake for fifteen minutes and once we return, we were informed there is minimum height requirement and done the height test. Two of the girls who couldn’t reach the limit got upset about the time they spent unnecessary. Finally we were asked to talk about a situation about a past situation that the person who sits next to me regrets and if he/she get chance to correct it what he/she does. Then as a group we were asked to discuss about a current affair.

At last they given our results as three out of nearly group of thirty were selected and we were informed the most experience two HR ladies unable to give a feedback for the flier. Out of the unsuccessful candidates there were many from Travel Industry, who currently work as Cabin staff and customer care.

The process from the beginning was a passel to me and I express my dissatisfaction. I also open this for the candidates around the world who ever face a similar situation to express their experience.

Emirates is my number one Airline in the world and a person who stayed in Dubai I have a great respect and honor on H.E Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed family the way build UAE for one of the world’s best economies and a best tourist place. Unfortunately I couldn’t get that chance to serve for Emirates.

Customer Rating

Im manoj shrestha flew from amsterdam to dubai from flight EK 148 on 14 june…and i supposed to fly 04:35 hrs from dubai to delhi in flight EK 510 butdue to the technical problem in flight , couldnt fly on time. So my flight was delay for almost 4 hrs. I arrived in delhi at 14:00 hrs on 15 june and i had book ticket for Jet airline to kathmandu for 12:50 hrs on 15 june . So i missed the flight due to the delay of emirates in dubai. I informed the imirates staff to help me to book for the next flight for kathmandu. But they said there was no flight till next day.

So i ask them to book flight for next day arrange for my food and accomodation but they didnt help me at all until the 11 pm …i tried to ask help for many times but either they booked ticket nor arrange food for me to eat something… i waited for 11 hrs in the counter for help. i couldlnt even go inside in transit hall because i didnt have yet the boarding pass. so at 11 pm i try to ask from everyone in the counter…even police there …so finally one emirates staff came and try to arrange the flight ticket…so after 2 hrs..she manage to get me boarding pass for flight Jet lite at 1200 hrs for 16 june…when i ask about the food she told me that there is nothing she can do…

Even before when i ask for food ..the emirates manager told me that they cant provide food for me. I was delay due to emirates flight in dubai….and they are not helping me at all. i waited in delhi airport 22 hrs for my next flight and still they dnt give me nothing refreshment. m really dissapointed with the Emirates Airlines…especially the staff in Delhi Airport. They are not professional….especially duty manager of emirates in delhi airport..he never show any kindness to give me sampathy…or make me feel good …or comfort me….because i have been flying on 14 june from Amsterdam…

It was already 24 hrs when i reach delhi…and i waited 24 hrs more to get my ticket to kathmandu….without any refreshment….i would like to ask the concern person to take some action regarding this problem…so that in future it wont happen again…

Customer Rating

I had boarded flight EK EMirates 0203 from DXB to New York on 18th May ’11; my Baggage Tag No. EK 011878. My subsequent flights were American Airlines Inc. 1267 from NY to Miami onn 18th May and American Airlines Inc,1049 from Miami to Kingston and Amercian Airlines Inc 1504 from Kingston to Jaimaica. The baggage was directly booked for delivery at Kingston American Airlines Inc 1504 to reach Kingston at 20:25 on 18th May ’11. On reaching Kingston. I was surprised to understand that my baggage were not connected to flights as above. As the baggage contained clothes, business documents, I was left stranded. I immediately lodged complaint with American Airlies. Due to the above, I had lost a great deal of business and I request suitable compensation for the lapse.

Customer Rating

On the 01July 10 my wife took a flight out on SA7165 operated by Emirates Airlines. With this flight transport was provided. The night before driver was contacted with the necessary details. The morning of the flight after numerous calls, to learn the driver went to Abu Dahbi and not Al Ain. Alternate transportation was made at our own cost with the understanding it would be re-imbursed. On returning to the UAE we were told cash payment was not allowed but transport would be given when required. This we excepted. On 18 May 11 we required transportation to airport it was declined, because it was not an Emirates flight.

I should have not be mislead in believing it would be reimbursed when there were hidden conditions. This was not explained at the start. Thus far my impression of the company is not impressive. To my mind the airline is just another company that does not keep its word. My trust has been tainted .I can only ask to rectify situation and save good image of the airline.

Customer Rating

My name is Julia Olago, file reference no is DXBEK34319/11oct09/0510GMT. On the 11 october 2009 i flew on emirates airlines from Jhb to Dxb, on my arrival i couldn’t find my box. I was advice to lodge a complain with emirates which i did. I Was called to send flight details by fax i also did, they called after 2 days to get clearity on the priscription of what was inside the box. That was the end of the conversation i had with them, since today they never called me. I called them the same month they promise to call me before that month end till today im still waiting.

I never call them back, because i was told that emirates airline are excellent in all they do,one of the one of my friend who work for them told me no need to call they will call. I’m verymuch dissapointed at them, though i still fly with them because of their good service inside the flight,cabin crew. I dont know what to do please advice i need my refund or my staff back.

Julia Olago

Customer Rating

I tried to book a flight using Emirates airlines online. I filled all the mandatory fields on the online booking forms, and filled the credit card section, and as i tried to confirm it, it said : “session expired / time out”. Notice : there was no warning or information from the site that i should call them at that moment. Also, it means there should not been any transaction at all, because it said time out, and as a contract, both parties should get confirmations. I did not get any confirmation from emirates for this booking whatsoever, so I assumed it didn’t go through. However, I got my monthly credit card invoice, and saw that there was a charge from with code EM *****. I didnt even know what that was.

Customer Rating

I write to report a truly awful experience of flying Emirates while attempting to begin the return leg of my journey at Delhi. I was due to travel with my wife and 6 month old infant on Emirates flight and had an onward connection from Dubai to US. My tickets had been booked on a popular travel reservations website. Unfortunately in this day and age of e-tickets, the travel website issued a paper ticket for my infant, who was billed on my wife’s ticket as ‘infant in arms’. My wife and I were issued e-tickets.  It should come as no surprise that traveling with an infant can sometimes be stressful, and as a consequence we unfortunately left our infant’s paper ticket. Nevertheless our infant’s name was listed clearly on my wife’s e-ticket and so one would imagine that there should not be any issue. This was not the case and we encountered many problems and stresses with this airlines.

Companies Like Emirates Airlines

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!