Customer Satisfaction Results

Emirates Airlines

Complaint Department

Posted by Complaints Department on Mar 29, 2014
Customer Rating

On January 9th, 2014 I came to your beautiful city to visit my daughter, Margaret McAllister who is working in Dubai. On January 20th, while on a visit to Abu Dhabi I tripped on a curb, fractured my hip and was taken to Sheikh Khalifa Hospital. There I spent 7 days in the hospital receiving hip surgery and required recuperation.
My surgeon, Dr F. Salib approved my travel back to Tucson, Arizona in the USA for February 10, 2014 based on the ability to fly business class which allowed me to January 21st my daughter called Emirates to change the flight back home and was charged a fee to change the flight to February 10th. At that time I had received an offer to upgrade to business class for 3,670.AED. She asked to take advantage of this upgrade fee because she suspected that I would need to travel business class back to the USA. She was told that 3 days before the new flight date we should receive this offer again. She was also told that she should provide all necessary medical information to Emirates at least 2 days before the flight to ensure a business class seat for me. She went with the Emirates medical paperwork to the Emirates office at the airport 5 days before the flight and was sent to 3 different counters then finally sent to the Emirates location at Business Bay.
When my daughter arrived at the Business Bay location she was told that she should have taken the 3,670.AED upgrade to business class because now it will not be offered. She explained that when changing the reservation she was told that she needed to wait until 3 days before the new flight date for the same offer. My daughter was told that due to my age of 87 and the situation I would receive special consideration on the upgrade fee. After 2 visits and 4 days Emirates did nothing but say it was OK to fly. She was then told to wait for the morning of the flight when the cheapest upgrade would be available.
Upon arriving at Dubai Airport the morning of the flight we were again sent to numerous desks just to try to check-in and upgrade my seat to business class. After 2 1/2 hours of being wheel from one desk to another we were told that the cheapest upgrade was 16,280.AED because there were only a few seats left. This was more than four times the rate of 3,670.AED. At 87 years old I have limited funds. Your staff was disorganized, and acted like thieves ready to charge whatever fee they knew they could get. To add insult to injury, after paying the 16,280AED, business class was only half full.
I had a wonderful time while in Dubai and met many wonderful caring people; however the dealing with Emirates staff made both my daughter and I aware that your staff were not caring or concerned about helping me. The exorbitant fee charged for the business class seat made me feel like you were thieves just looking for an old lady to prey upon.
I have provided you with the documentation of these issues and request that you provide me with a partial refund of the 16,280AED.

10 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Emirates Airlines provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Emirates Airlines?

Compare Emirates Airlines to Similar Airlines more...

More Emirates Airlines Complaints

Customer Rating

My Father went from birmingham on sunday 13th Nov 2011 to Dubai, and was suppost to connect from there to Karachi, and the flight was slightly delayed from here and when he arrived in Dubai and got to the gate for boarding the connecting flight to Karachi, they said the flight had already left. He had to wait for 7 hours at the airport before he got another flight to Karachi, and eventually when he got to Karachi his suitacase was left in dubai, so he never got that till the evening that day. I am very disappointed with this kind of service, i encouraged him to fly with Emirates as you are well known for good service, Now my father will be reluctant in flying with Emirates.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

We fly for dhaka from jfk and we brake at dubai, more then 15 hours we stayed on floor of dubai airport after that we fly again dubai to dhaka With flydubai, no body healp us nobody offers Volantryaward anything. So I have a question you. Emirates and flydubi both of them same? is it your emirate service? can you tell me why the people's take emirates service. I HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS.

Customer Rating

I do not label this as complaint. Instead, a comment. While giving the inflight instructions, before take off, the PA system shows an young man on the screen, watching the seat belt tightening itself. This is misleading.
In reality, it is not. The passenger has to tighten the seat belt by pulling the belt. No matter to whatever extent the technology has progressed,the passenger still has to tighten the seat belt on his/her own. The passenger sitting next to me, was waiting for the seat belt to tighten it self. I ended up correcting him and tightened his seat belt. Things like these look simple but play a crucial role in the business of airlines.

Customer Rating

Service on Sydney to Dubai 413 Friday 20/02/15 was indifferent. Catering department seemed in crisis with some passengers waiting long after others for their meals as the system seemed to have failed. Flight from Dubai due to leave for Birmingham at 08.05 on Saturday 21/02/15 was delayed by bad weather. There were absolutely NO public announcements and it was up to us to find staff and ask. After more than two hours we were told boarding would happen soon, but another long wait and then we were held in the plane on the Tarmac and only took off minutes before three hours elapsed. My seat was 34 A and the entertainment centre was not working at all for the seven hour journey, despite efforts by cabin staff. There were no spare seats so the attendant said she would report the fault and look at compensation but I have heard no more.

In my experience, there is a great degree of variation in services on different journeys with Emirates. I had a terrifying transfer last year when another delay caused time to be tight which was not my fault. I have artificial hips which always cause the security machines to alert, and was whisked away by a security officer in full burka to a private room for a search, despite protesting that I was happy to stay in public view! I then had to run for the bus which took an age and the boarding gate had closed! To be fair, transfer yesterday by train was fast and efficient. I am disappointed in Emirates.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have emailed couple of months back and never heard anything from you side. I am going to email as many places as I can now so you guys hear what we've been through!

I am a frequent Emirates airline flyer. I always try to fly by emirates even though sometimes the ticket is little bit expensive than the other airlines. But I have peace of mind that the flights are always on time and good service is always guaranteed.

We had a very different experience recently. We booked two flights from Birmingham to Karachi and the connection time was 1.5 hours at Dubai. We were going to Karachi for only two days on an important business and for that reason we had to arrive early in the morning. We paid extra money to have this flight with less connection time.

When the flight landed at Dubai airport and the local time was told we were sure that we need to hurry to catch the flight. I informed the stewardess about my next flight and she was very worried that we might miss our flight. She immediately contacted someone on the phone and explained the situation to them. She asked them if we could leave the plane first. After talking on the phone she was looking very hopeless and said we have to wait and go to the transfer desk as soon as we are inside the airport.

As soon as we came to the door of the plane, much to our surprise, the plane was not at the terminal and there was a bus waiting for the passengers. It was a 20 minutes nerve wrecking journey to the airport. It was a shock to see a bus taking passengers on such a modern airport. Airlines have all the information about the passengers and know exactly about the connecting flights. Emirates could have done something for us to take our connecting flight.

When we reached the airport and to the transfer desk, we were shocked to see that there were at least 200 people in the queue and there was only one person on the counter. By the time we reached the counter we were tired, hungry and thirsty because of the long flight. I explained the situation to the person at the counter and much to our surprise we were told “You have missed your flight and the next flight is after 7 hours”. She never said sorry on behalf of Emirates that we missed our flight and that we have to stay at the Dubai airport for 7 hours for no reason. It was very traumatic for me and wife as we had to arrive at Karachi for 8 am meeting. I was not able to contact anyone in Karachi at that time as well as it was 3 in the morning over there. I and my wife drove from Haverfordwest in Wales to Birmingham airport which is 4 hours’ drive. We woke up at 4 am UK time to arrive at airport on time. She was not able to sleep on the plane and then we had to stay at the airport for 8 hours because we missed the connecting flight which was not our fault at all. She was feeling sick after a while because of all the stress and distress caused by airline and the fear that we are going to miss out meeting next day.

The next flight was delayed again by one hour. By this time we were sure that we are going to miss our appointment. And by the time we reach Karachi, it was too late and the whole point of us going to Karachi was lost.

I must say that I and my wife are very dis satisfied with the level of service we received from Emirates airline. We missed our important meeting and above that it took couple of days for my wife to recover from this traumatic experience. I was never expecting such a low level of service from a world class airline. We have to travel back to Karachi now in near future again for the same meeting which we missed because of Emirates airline.

I am not sure if this letter/email is going to make a difference, but it is sad to see the level of service declining over the years.

Regards

Two very distressed frequent flyer

Farrukh and Madiha

Mrs Madiha Ali

Reservation Code: FQKZAD

Ticket Number: 1762596211913

Customer Rating

i submitted a complaint which was dismissed without looking at the facts i provided.
I have asked for you appeal procedure or contact details of the managing Direstor and so for have been refused these information.
I want my complaints reinvestigated as i strongly feel that it was dismissed.

see original complaint

Dear sir

Thank you for your response which i found totally unacceptable. I would like to appeal against your decision as you have not taken any of the facts i mentioned in actual consideration.

I would like to point out that ,as you kindly said that i had 2 pieces of luggage, weighing a total of 41 kg.
however i had one suitcase weighing 31 kg and a hand luggage weighing 10 kg.
i am entitled to carry one piece of luggage weighing up to 30 kg and a hand luggage of 10 kg

As i pointed out that i had only 1 kg over my allowance.

As i was on a wheelchair, i was told that they could take my hand luggage in as it may cause me difficulty during the flight. I was not informed that i was going to be charged for it. i was quite happy to pay for the extra 1 kg, which i thought i was charged for.

if i was told that i had to pay for my hand luggage i would have happily taken it with me and not send it in as extra luggage. at no time i was told that i was going to be charged for my hand luggage. I did not asked for my hand luggage to be sent in. they asked me whether it was ok by me for them to take it in. No one mentioned extra cost.

When traveling outward to Mauritius from Gatwick, they did take my suitcase and hand luggage in ,without any extra payment.
I did not asked for my hand luggage to be taken in as extra luggage. I would have been quite happy to take it in with me. I would not have even had to carry it personally as the airport staff was carrying it for me as i was being assisted on a wheelchair, due to my mobility problems.

Should you not be able to resolve this ,i would like you to provide me with the appropriate e-mail and contact details of your managing Director.

should this not get sorted out amicably, i am considering sending all my mails and your communications to the airline ombudsman, the media and on tweeter. You cannot charge someone £442+ for an extra kg.

Yours sincerely

Mrs ramburuth

In a message dated 11/03/2013 10:33:45 GMT Standard Time, Customer.affairsUK@emirates.com writes:
Dear Mrs Ramburuth

Please find a copy of our response dated 28 February -

Our Ref No: LON/X/YP/300113/6838395

28 February 2013

Mrs Geeta Ramburuth

ramburu@aol.com

Dear Mrs Ramburuth

Emirates Booking Locator - FZUU4S

I write further to our acknowledgement, with reference to your email dated 26 January. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Firstly, on behalf of Emirates, I am sorry to learn of your disappointment due to the excess baggage charges which you incurred whilst checking-in in Mauritius for flight EK3706, on 21 December, to Dubai.

Our investigation reveals that you had a total of 2 pieces of baggage weighing 41 kilos whereas your free baggage entitlement for travel in Economy class was 30 kilos. Therefore our staff correctly charged you for 11 kilos of excess baggage totalling MUR22,000.

The problem of excess baggage always tends to create difficulties for both passengers and airlines alike. The carriage of excess baggage on airlines is governed by well-defined limits laid down by the industry. Whilst our handling agents are permitted to apply some flexibility, our normal policy is that any excess baggage exceeding the free allowance has to be charged for at the applicable rate.

Mrs Ramburuth, I must inform you that Emirates are not in a position to offer any recompense, nor are we in a position to offer any reimbursement in these circumstances.

Once again, I am sorry for any disappointment felt, however I would like to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to respond and clarify.

Yours Sincerely

Yasser Paul

Customer Affairs

From: Ramburu@aol.com [mailto:Ramburu@aol.com]
Sent: 09 March 2013 19:15
To: Customer Affairs UK
Subject: Re: FW: Refund for innappropriate overcharged for extra luggage.

Dear sir

I was promised an answer within 30 days and its been now 41 days.

Can you please look into this ,as this is causing me much distressed and hardship.

Have you got a contact number i can call you on and speak to someone who can sort this nout once and for all.

Yours faithfully

Mrs Geeta Ramburuth

In a message dated 28/01/2013 13:02:16 GMT Standard Time, Customer.affairsUK@emirates.com writes:

Dear Mrs Ramburuth,

Thank you for your feedback concerning our services

We have assigned your file to a Customer Affairs Officer who will look into the points that you have raised and reply to you as soon as their investigations have been completed. Please quote reference number LON/X/300113/6838395 in any further communications.

Please be advised that we deal with all feedback in chronological date order and we endeavour to reply within 30 days

Yours sincerely

Zaleha Chaytor

Customer Affairs Administration UK

From: Ramburu@aol.com [mailto:Ramburu@aol.com]
Sent: 26 January 2013 16:34
To: Customer Affairs UK
Subject: Re: Refund for innappropriate overcharged for extra luggage.

Dear sir

i forgot to add that on my outward journey, they did send my hand luggage in as they say that i would have difficulty on the plane and i did not had to pay any extra. Hence the reason why i am so distressed about the whole situation and now asking sincerely to be refunded and compensated . I do suffer from Hypertension and as a result of all this , i had to cope with a headache all the way back to the UK. I was grateful i got home safe.

I await your urgent response . I would prefer a response by post in addition to e-mail as i have to rely on others to access my mail .

Many thanks .

Mrs. Geeta. Ramburuth

In a message dated 26/01/2013 16:07:58 GMT Standard Time, Ramburu@aol.com writes:

Dear sir.

Further to our telephone conversation , i would like to say that we have been valued customer of air emirates and have a family membership for Skywards, (EK 384 393 564)

As you can see a group of us travel with AE in October 2012 to Mauritius via Dubai

) 1769476399068 under ANDREWS/JOHNMR
2) 1769476399069 under BAKHSHI/HEMAMS
3) 1769476399070 under BAKHSHI/OMARMR
4) 1769476399071 under RAMBURUTH/INDIRAMS
5) 1769476399072 under RAMBURUTH/ANEETAMS
6) 1769476399073 under RAMBURUTH/ANJULIMS
7) 1769476399074 under SINGHLALL/DAVINDERMR

and I traveled in Nov 2012 and returned in DEC 22/12/2012 (176-2292446095 under RAMBURUTH/GEETAMRS )

and my Husband is due to travel to Mauritius on 31/01/2013 from Gatwick via Dubai.

My complaint is of how i was treated and charged an exorbitant fees for going 1 kg extra luggage on my return journey from Mauritius on 21/12/12 at the airport. which has caused her and still is , lots of excessive distress and hardship.

I am disable with mobility problems and needed assistance when i travel. I had a good flight and has no complaints about the service which reflects the reason why my husband is traveling yet again with AE on 31/01/13.

When checking in at the airport in Mauritius, i was told abruptly that i had 1 kg extra luggage and that i either remove the excess or pay for the excess. I was taken back and quite annoyed as others were getting through with much more extras without having to pay anything.

Despite my plea, i was rudely told that i was holding the queue and many others were waiting to check in.

I was on a wheelchair and got quite emotional. The only support was from the person pushing the wheelchair.

I was asked whether i wanted my hand luggage sent in as it was causing me some difficulties as i was also carrying my hand bag which contained all my papers and medicines.

to this i replied that i would be grateful if that could be done as it would make things easier and at time it was mentioned that i would have to pay extra apart from that 1 kg of excessive luggage.

Due to the pressure i was put under to do this and that due to other people waiting to check in, i was pushed to a different counter where i paid for the extra kg . Due to the state i was in and put under by the checking staff, i paid by my credit card and sigh without checking out of anger but also out of trust.

I never thought about it until this am when i received my Barclay Card statement and to my surprise and anger, i was charged £462.29 p. This is causing me much distress ,not only reliving the whole distressing experience but now more hardship.

I have been to the travel agent where i purchased my ticket, out of desperation and was told to contact customer service as this is unacceptable and that i was very unfairly treated.

The Staff at the airport were very unhelpful and unsympathetic. They ignored my plight ,did not acknowledge my difficulties and more distressing still they were talking to one another and seemed to be giggling to one another at my expense. i found this to be very unprofessional.

I would this to be investigated further and be compensated for the distressed and emotional state i was left in on my 16 hrs journey back and more importantly for the unnecessary overcharged fees i was unaware i was paying at the time as i was not informed. The employee that was assisting me was helpful . As i was on a wheelchair, he did take the papers from the counter and handed it over to me for signing and at no time there were any communication from the person from the counter.

I await your response as soon as possible, as i will be expecting to pay my Barclay card within the next 15 days.

MY postal address is 55 Barfield. Sutton-At-Hone. Dartford. Kent. DA4 9EJ.

Yours Faithfully

Mrs. G. Ramburuth

Customer Rating

Flight EK 978 and EK 217 Oct.28, 2011 both delayed 22 and 68 minutes respectively, many passengers including myself stranded.This airlines fails to get connecting passengers to planes when flights arrive late. Its staff need to learn first lessons in civility and hospitality,.I got sick running for miles across Dubai Airport!. Staff at counter very rude:. They ignored my dietary requests/. I showed my dr's letter for medical assistance but their head steward disregarded the letter for any accomodation;. They broke my luggage'. Emirates Airlines packs the plan without regards to passenger needs:. It was my first flight with this airline".

I never had problem like this with other airlines. I have contacted Emirates Cusomer service about my broken luggage and all problems with airline but instead of taking a report they have referred me to a no name email address which I have sent 2 emails. I read somewhere it takes them more than 6 months to respond! I sent an email to your Online Booking Query Department on 25 November 2011 and they forwarded my email to your office in Singapore. I also sent 2 reminders dated 27 & 29 November 2011. Up to now I have not received any reply from your Emirates Office in Singapore.

By not replying my email, Emirates is showing disrespect to me (a 68 year old senior citizen). Therefore, I can conclude that your service staff are negligent in carrying out their duties to seve the customers. By ignoring my email, Emirates gives me the impression that your staff have never been trained to respect and serve their customers. How can Emirates Airlines serve their customers well when they cannot even control the working attitude of their own staff. I hope to get a better response from you this time.

Customer Rating

we travelled with Emirates airlines from SOuth Africa to Kuala Lampur. I was extremely disappointed with the service that we received from the airline. Firstly when booking my ticket i asked if my son who is one and a half would be able to get a bassinet and i was advised that yes he would as long as he is under 11 kg which he is. when we on board the plane and requested one the airhostess refused to give it to us as they said he was too big for it. secondly the airhostesses are obnoxious and rude and are not helpful at all. I am not sure why they think they have the right to shout at passengers when they feel like it. one of the connecting flight were filthy. my husband had a seat where the food tray was sticky and dirty and when asked for helped the airhostesses could not be bothered to assist. This is extremely disgusting service from such a big airline. It was my husbands first flight with Emirates and we were both extremely disappointed with this kind of service. We are paying for these tickets and therefore we expect value for our money. We dont expect to go on a flight with people who think they have a right to shout.

Customer Rating

I flew to Dubai for my honeymoon with the newly wedded wife Georgelyn on the 22nd March with Emirates Airline (first time using Emirates for both my wife and I) - booking reference number was IL8446. The flight to Dubai was great, we were so pleased with the service - From the service given by the Emirates staff at check-in in Gatwick Airport as well as the service throughout the flight was just amazing. The staff seemed genuinely interested in our wedding, honeymoon and our lives -after having the perfect honeymoon experience we were looking forward to our journey back home. Unfortunately (to say the least) the experience to return home was not only disgustingly poor but it has ruined what was meant to be one of the happiest times of our lives.

My wife and I arrived at DXB Terminal 1 check in approximately 75 minutes prior to our flight time, upon arrival at the airport we were directed to Area 1 by an Emirates staff member to check-in, after reaching the appointed area we waited around 10 minutes where we were again were redirected to Area 4, once we reached the correct area and waited a little more, we were told by the emirates airline assistant that due to being 4 minutes over the 60 minute threshold for check-in we were unable to board the flight. We went on to explain to the assistant that we had been given the wrong area to proceed check-in where we had been waiting and then had also been redirected through no fault of our own She rudely informed (whilst in conversation with her fellow colleague in the residing check in point) that there was nothing that could be done and that we had to purchase new flights to return back home. Her name was Bhavika, she could see my wife and I were visibly upset, which prompted my wife to ask again if she could please help, it was our honeymoon and we were due to collect my 5 year old son the same evening as well both being due back to work. At this point my wife was very near to tears to which Bhavika informed once again that she cannot do anything. I then asked to speak to a member of management as I felt she was completely unsympathetic to the situation and more than likely cannot authorise any assistance for us. Bahvika replied that there's no manager available despite not even checking to see if this was indeed the case.

I began to feel frustrated about the behaviour being shown to us, I asked what we can do or where I can find a manager to which she replied again that a manager was unavailable. My wife and I began searching around the airline for a manager, after approximately 20 minutes pacing around we found Mr Hisham Parkar who said he was the duty manager. We began explaining our situation to Mr Parkar, he replied that even if a premium customer is 1 minute late there is nothing that can be done other than to purchase a new ticket to which I replied we actually reached the counter on time but were redirected, he reiterated that it is standard protocol regardless, there is nothing that could be done despite the issue with the counter. He did not seem to care or show any levels of customer interest/ empathy/ attention or service, he seemed like he just wanted us to disappear. I explained that I needed to collect my son and that we were both due back to work early hours the next day as we were due principle meetings, he said that regardless of any circumstance, there is nothing that can be done and that is final.

We proceeded to the ticket office where we paid £250 each to fly back home the following day, the assistant was aware of our situation and informed that the initial woman Bhavika could have let us through or done something at that point but far too much time had passed and there is definitely nothing that could be done now. Although we felt she had informed us of this as comforting words, this just added more distraught to the experience. I had to make arrangements for my son, we both had to inform our places of work to which we have managerial positions and as senior members of our organisations, to delay our return to work is not of a standard either of us live by.

I work in customer facing environment for the current number one luxury retailer globally and understand that whilst processes are to be followed, exceptions can be made in certain situations. Regardless that it was my honeymoon the fact of the matter was that we had in actual fact adhered to the pre 60 minute rule of checking in however due to being told to proceed to another counter, this caused a delay in our check-in. So, if rules and protocol are followed so rigidly where would you consider the fault to lie? I'm sure you would agree that for a procedure to have absolutely no flexibility in ANY circumstance as qouted by the duty manager, to redirect a customer at the point of checking in with limited time is surely unacceptable, no? This is only one factor, secondly, as I've stated I work in a luxury customer environment that prides itself on the deliverance of excellent "above and beyond" customer experiences and service. Since leaving the airport, I have viewed my wife in tears and described the experience with Emirates at DXB Airport Dubai as just terrible and of such poor service/standards it has completely ruined our honeymoon, I feel exactly the same, to have such little regard your customers was simply appalling.

We discussed the whole experience to which we felt was in such contrast to what we were shown at Gatwick, are Emirates aware of the poor service delivery in Dubai? Is this lack of engagement due to a very apparent language barrier? Do you feel it is acceptable that this type of service is justifiable just because it may be in line to what other customer facing companies in Dubai have allowed? An explanation is mandatory as I will not let this go, my wife and I have been made to feel distraught and upset beyond words when we should be having the time of our life right now. Usually, we always check in online prior to our flight however, with this being our honeymoon we did not have that at the forefront of our minds, despite this we still got to DXB with enough time to actually board.

We have spent the last 2 hours recollecting the events of what we have endured today, I truly hope that this is not a matter of little concern and will actually be followed through accordingly. I await your response.

Customer Rating

Upon checking in, I upgraded my flight using my miles to Business Class as I wished to be seated in a seat in which I would be able to sleep. After 2-3 hours of settling into my seat, post breakfast, I requested a mattress as I intended to sleep. My request was ignored by the steward. Only after a further request was the action fulfilled, where I had to put the mattress on my own seat. Previously this had been done for me. I was annoyed even more so when I saw that other passengers were having their mattresses laid down for them. When laying down my own mattress, I noticed that my seat was also dirty. Dry mucus was on the seat as well as the canopy enclosing my seat.

As we proceeded into the flight, I tried to get some sleep. Every attempt to sleep was jeopardised as the stewards would stand in the aisle next to my seat and engage in useless conversations about other passengers. After many failed attempts at sleeping, I asked the steward if he could please move as he was interrupting my sleep by holding the curtain open, flooding noise and light from the bar behind, directly into my seat. My request was ignored. I requested on numerous occasions for a bottle of water, these were continuously ignored, even though other passengers were being offered them. After much frustration, I specifically asked the steward for a bottle of Voss as I had seen the steward restocking other passengers personal minibars with a tray full of Voss bottles. My request was immediately and explicitly rejected by steward, who instead gave me a glass of water.

The general attitude of all the stewards towards me was rude, obnoxious and unhelpful. Not once was any proactive service given to me and every request was seen as a chore. I was made to feel guilty every time I made a request. Why was I treated so unfairly at all instances throughout the flight? Why did the staff single me out?After a disappointing and tiring 24 hour flight, I was further dissatisfied when my luggage arrived second to last, even though it was marked Business Priority. As you can see from the above, the Business Class flight was not worth the 45000 miles I paid. I wish for a full refund of the miles to my account, or for my future flight to Australia to be upgraded to Business or First Class.

Customer Rating

Emirates book my tripped with two stops on my way back from Islamabad Pakistan to Dubai and Dubai to Italy and Italy to Newyork and from Newyork to Los Angeles my home city. I was traveling with my son with 4 checked in bags and two hand Carry. When we eventually reached LAX our luggage was lost After few days my luggage with 3 bags opened and stolen stuff reached home and one was lost. it's been two months now the bag has not been traced as of yet.I feel helpless because the compensation they are giving me does not match my loss . I want to know if anyone could help me to pursue this matter By the way I paid the ticket to emirates and emirates on my coming back trip made me travel on Jet Blue from Newyork to Lax Please help and guide where to go

Customer Rating

I am sure you all are familiar with #Emirates Airline. you all must be familiar with their tall claims of being World class. they claim to be providing with best customer service in the industry. they claim to be providing best Flight experience of all time. they are all just claims and plain lies. I have been traveling with Emirates for more than 10 years. i have seen them perform to a good level . now I am seeing their decline. For starters they are Arrogant as hell. I will tell all of you about my recent Experience on an emirates Flight in detail below.

On 1st February 2015 i was traveling on EK 623 Lahore to Dubai and then from Dubai to Amsterdam on EK 147. My first Flight was supposed to Fly at 9.20 P.M but it was late for 45 minutes and it's not the first time. when ever I fly from Pakistan to Dubai or from Dubai to Pakistan Emirates is always late and almost never ever on time. so Flight took off late and then off course landed late. and then we didn't even get the terminal. we landed farrr from terminal and then took stairs down to bus. that bus took another 20 minutes to go to the terminal. this is absolute crap service from Emirates. I have never ever seen European or American flights getting the stairs. it happens on Pakistani Flights. SO Emirates Discriminates as well. after landing in Dubai we were suppose to get a hotel stay. we were entitled to it. but we were denied the hotel stay we were told that we were suppose to book it ... whattt? we were never told that we were responsible for booking for our hotel stay? i never get that in email. I get all other crap from Emirates about new offers, new destinations crap but not about my hotel stay which was going to be actually helpful to my Flight Experience? i was not traveling alone i was with 2 brothers. we were three. Emirates could have taken initiative and offer their returning and loyal customers some comfort. if not hotel at least they could have given us a lounge to spend 8 hours. but no because they are arrogant.

We had to pay 450 Dollars to stay in a lounge for 4 hours. Emirates was useless. i was very angry about it. but since i could not do any thing at that time i kept quiet and took my next flight. which was EK 147. which was supposed to fly at 8.20 A.M and look at that we were on time. this flight was all right. since it was going to Europe so obviously standards had to be good. The food was cold and dry. Again Pathetic Service By emirates. Upon Landing in Amsterdam i got hold of free wifi. and started tweeting about this Bad experience . Emirates got in touch and told me to lodge an official complaint. which i did. what happened to that complain i will tell at the end.

On 10th Feb i took EK 52 From Munich to Dubai. which was fine no problems as i said European and other countries' flights get better treatment. i had a stay of about 20 hours. i got the hotel from Emirates. which was as bad as their service. but not that bad. sinks and showers were blocked. but any way. my flight to Lahore was on 4.10 A.M on 11th Feb. we went to air port on time. looked at the gate and went for shopping. Luckily before going to the gate we were suppose to go to we checked screen and the gate was changed. we went to the new gate. but there were furious customers arguing with Emirates staff about changing the gate at last-minute. there were old men and women who had difficulty to walk . Emirates did no announcement and people had to run to the new gate. this is the level of Service Emirates has fallen to. I bet They would never change the gate of Any other Countries Flight. this honor only goes to Pakistanis. they think we are beneath them. Emirates is arrogant and Racist.

Now about The Complaint i lodged. i was told I will get a response in 30 days but their rep got in touch sooner. I explained every thing. but that Representative said this was fault of my Agent. i mean look at the common sense of the man who is From Customer Affairs. He simply said we can't do any thing and its your Agent's fault. how could that be my agent's Fault? my Agent works on a commission . Emirates is the one who takes all the money to their bank Accounts. Doesn't Common sense dictates to Facilitate Your 3 customers who are stranded on an airport. Some how Comfort them rather than pointing fingers. Should they have given us a lounge? . I mean come on we paid 3500 Dollars for three tickets. don't we deserve good quality service? if we didn't book hotel whose fault is that? I say Emirates. if they can email me about Crap Promotions they certainly can email us about booking your hotel stay. I had traveled to USA from Lahore before. Emirates offered me Lounge when my Lay over was less than 3 hours. was not it common sense to give us at least a lounge ? And I am their Sky Ward Member. if they can do this to me, their regular Customer. what will they do to New Customers?

Does Emirates Facilitate us when we are late? When our luggage is over weight? why should i let it go? I decided to write this blog. because of their Arrogance and Racism. i want them to provide high Quality Service to Pakistani Flights . i want them to take their Customers Seriously. i will not keep quiet. i will keep writing about it. i will write to Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai if i have to. they can't take us for granted. i mean how could they blame it on my agent or me? you can send me Crap about New routes but you can't inform me the booking hotel for your transit is my responsibility? how hard it that? one email could have saved them this trouble. i will never ever travel with those arrogant, racist idiots. I am never ever giving them business. this Blog is for Public Awareness. stand up for your rights. these Corporate Companies don't Own us. They run on Our Money. If they can't respect us they can go to hell.

Customer Rating

we had to pay 450 Dollars to stay in a lounge for 4 hours. Emirates was useless. i was very angry about it. but since i could not do any thing at that time i kept quiet and took my next flight. which was EK 147. which was supposed to fly at 8.20 A.M and look at that we were on time. this flight was all right. since it was going to Europe so obviously standards had to be good. The food was cold and dry. Again Pathetic Service By emirates.

Does Emirates Facilitate us when we are late? When our luggage is over weight? No they never do. why should i let it go? I decided to write this blog. because of their Arrogance and Racism. i want them to provide high Quality Service to Pakistani Flights . i want them to take their Customers Seriously. i will not keep quiet. i will keep writing about it. i will write to Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai if i have to. they can't take us for granted. i mean how could they blame it on my agent or me? you can send me Crap about New routes but you can't inform me the booking hotel for your transit is my responsibility? how hard it that? one email could have saved them this trouble. i will never ever travel with those arrogant, racist idiots. I am never ever giving them business. this Blog is for Public Awareness. stand up for your rights. these Corporate Companies don't Own us. They run on Our Money. If they can't respect us they can go to hell.

Flight EK0148 from AMS –DXB 8 Feb. 2013 :
schedule to depart at 14.40 did not take off as scheduled due to technical reasons.

At approximately 18.15 it finally took off, during these 4 hours delay passengers were not allowed to leave the plane.

Flight EK0346 DXB – KUL 9 Feb. 2013
Due to delay from AMS we couldn’t make it for connecting flight EK0346 DXB – KUL at 04.05 from DXB.

We were booked to the next flight EK 342 at 1030 which is 6 hours later.

All in total there has been a total of 10 hour delay.

Given these reasons we are claiming compensation for 2 passengers

GOHVANEIZENGA/CHINLEEMRS
GOHKAMPEN/CHINJEONGMRS

Customer Rating

The associate checking us in Miguel was very rude.He did not let us carry the one hand bag (for 4 passengers) with us. He publicly made us empty out our personal items into a tiny medicine bag and forced us to check our hand bag in. We are on a flight with a 3 hour layover and 2 kids one of who is sick. Obnoxious person with poor customer service skills. I have been very inconvenienced. This has never happened to me on another airline. I travel a lit and use the same bag as carry on and have never been put through this.

Dear sir/Madam,

My name is Mr. Mohamad Riyaad Moosuddee and my Skywards reference number is 130218583.
I am writing to you today to relate several incidents which occurred to me whilst travelling through your reputed airline, namely Emirates Airline. On 1st March 2013 I booked for a multiple destination ticket and ticket number is 176 3039863947-48
The incidents are as follows.
On the 4th March 2013 I called the ticketing office in Dubai from Bangkok at 5pm (Bangkok time) to make changes to my ticket for the trip Singapore to Dubai, as I was not fit for travel for medical reasons. The ticketing office told me to go to the Emirates office in Bangkok to pay for the penalty to issue the STPC in Bangkok itself. However the office in question was already closed and I went on the 5th March 2013 at 9 am (Bangkok time) to pay for the penalty fee (see attached Receipt). Whilst there, the lady at the counter in Bangkok Office told me that I can pick up the STPC at the Singapore airport to collect the STPC before check in. On 6th March 2013, at my bitter surprise, at check in at Singapore, the person at the check in counter told me that there is nothing on the system and that I shall contact Dubai directly.
From Singapore to Dubai (Flight number EK 433) at lunch time I was offered a fork which was not clean, and contained stains which resembled animal excrements. It was a horrible and disgusting experience which made me extremely uncomfortable throughout the flight. And I could not eat anything as I was nauseous (See attached Video to this email) I presume that Emirates Airline has a duty of care towards its passenger’s health and safety and also that Emirates airline has the responsibility to check and ensure that spoons and forks provided on board shall respect a minimum hygiene standard. I immediately called upon the hostess in charge on the flight (Ms. Nicole Clarneiro) telling that I wish to speak to the senior Flight purser to complain about this incident. She told me that there is no need to call the senior staff as she will take the responsibility to report the issue and that she will ensure that I am contacted at a later stage for a feedback on the matter. Unfortunately, till date, nothing has been done and I was never contacted, and that is why I am writing this email today.
Arriving in Dubai to enquire about my STPC, The lady on the counter told me very rudely that “we cannot do anything for you Mr.” This happened on the 6th of March at around 1 PM on my arrival at the ticketing counter. Being in a very sick state due to the incident on the flight EK433 I was extremely disappointed and my health condition worsened due to lack of food. I needed rest, but due to the lack of professionalism and lack of care from your member of staff I had to endure hardship. I had no option than to stay at the airport for 14 hours.
I am seriously affected and concerned by the way I was treated by your members of staff. I am a frequent flyer, and I surely do not wish to repeat this kind of experience. I am completely unsatisfied by the way I was made to believe that my feedback would be taken up. I am disgusted by the dirty fork that I received on your flight, and I find it extremely unprofessional to be treated poorly by your staff at the ticketing counter in Dubai. As I did not receive any STPC when I paid for my penalty fee, I believe that I received only a partial service for a full payment that I have made. I expect a minimum level of customer care when choosing to travel through your airline.
May I humbly request your utmost consideration to this email.
I will be at your disposal should you require more information with respect to this email
Yours truly,
Moosuddee Mohamad Riyaad
Tel: (230)7362500

Customer Rating

My friend and I travelled from Brisbane to Amsterdam via Dubai on 26th February 2013 on Flight EK 435. My seat was 43C. I must say that the leg to Dubai was totally unsatisfactory. I fly overseas once or twice a year, usually with Etihad or Virgin having found these two airlines the most consistent and friendly of all the airlines. During the full 14 hours we never received a smile from any of the attendants and they seemed to begrudge doing anything for anyone. We had no magazines at all in our seat pockets and 3 times rang over a period of an hour to ask for help re TV remote or for a copy of the Emirates magazine. Three times someone came, listened to us in an impatient manner, said they would be back and never returned. At no time were they busy with meals etc. So, for 10 hours we did without our TV and movies as the touch screen didn't work properly. In the last 2 hours we finally worked it out ourselves. Other passengers also commented to us on the 'don't care' attitude of all the staff. A friend of mine lives in Dubai for 3 months then comes back to the Gold Coast for a few weeks. When I told her about the treatment we received she said that she had always found on the Brisbane/Dubai route the same thing which was very interesting. She often flies Business Class and said the same thing happens there as well. She only flies Emirates because her husband's firm has an account with you. The toilets were filthy throughout the trip as well. As I was flying to Amsterdam and returning via Lisbon Etihad wasn't feasible so that is why I decided to try your airline. Obviously you have a serious problem with the Brisbane/Dubai route and maybe it has something to do with the older style aircraft. But whatever the reason I would suggest that the staff on board are re-educated as to what Customer Service means. We paid good money to have an enjoyable trip and that includes having staff who smile and at least act as if they enjoy their job. Rudeness is not an option. What is disturbing is that I am not the only passenger who has encountered the rudeness.
I have no complaints about the flight from Dubai to Amsterdam.
Thanks you
Jo Martin

Customer Rating

The service of Emirates for Business Travellers is quite bad. I travel 300,000 miles per year and I expect to have accurate information, easy check in and a hassle free experience. This is how Emirates compares to Lufthansa (Business Class): Emirates charges an average 800% premium vs. Economy tickets and gives 75% more miles (LH 100%); Emirates does not have an Iphone application at all (in LH allmy data is stored and I check in in 2 clicks); Emirates has a policy of announcing Boarding (instead of gate open) 60 minutes before departure (on Oct 29th for flight 59 that was the case). People were sitting on the floor. The gate sent a Business Class passenger to the lounge at 8:10 and asked him to came back 40 minutes later.Then he was told the gate was closed, had to take a flight 6 hours later and pay a $250 fine (all was documented with names and sent to the Senior VP). He was asked to go to gate H for re-ticketing and wait in line (EK does not have a line for Business Class tickets at service gate H, LH always does). I travel once per year with my family. At LH, I am allowed to accesss the lounge with my family (2 young children). At Emirates, I was not (even as a Gold Member and Business Class passenger).

Dear Customer Affairs Executive,

This mail is regarding my complaint for the entire process in which I was charged 125 GBP for extra cabin luggage.
Before jumping into conclusions I would expect you to go through all the details below and then try to understand my view point.
Flight Booking reference: FZQH62
1) I travelled from BLR-DXB-MAN on 15th March 2013 with a 6kg trolley bag plus a laptop bag as cabin baggage. Apart from this I had checked-in luggage of total 28 kg. There were no issues at airport and I reached Manchester on 16/03/13 without any problems.

2) This is the case for all my travels; and amongst all colleagues and friends (frequent travelers) this is a clear understanding that a laptop bag is additionally allowed apart from the specified quota of 5-7 kg cabin baggage.

3) Similarly for Female passengers, hand purse is not counted as cabin baggage. My wife (Zeenat Ayesha) travelled through the same route on 19/01/2013 (Booking Ref: M0XQWY) with a trolley bag, hand purse and a laptop bag.

4) While returning from Manchester to Bangalore on 13/04/2013, my wife came to the airport to see me off. We reached close to 3 hours before the flight departure time.

5) We went to the check-in counter of Emirates and I checked-in two bags (totally weight 29kgs).

6) Then the executive asked if I am carrying cabin baggage. I replied that I am carrying two. A trolley bag plus a laptop bag.

7) She replied "Sir, only one bag is allowed". I was shocked as this was happening for the first time with me.

8) Instantly I replied that this is the way I travelled from BLR to MAN few weeks back with the same airline i.e. Emirates.

9) The lady at the counter didn't say anything and handed over the boarding passes for MAN-DXB and DXB-BLR flights to me.

10) It was obvious for me to assume that she had considered my reasoning and I had been allowed to travel with above bags

11) All these things, happened within 10-15 minutes and then I decided to go to security; After ensuring the check-in is successfully over, my wife also left airport for Liverpool.

12) I got my security done and after doing some time pass, I went to area around gate #12 and sat on the chairs beside the gate.

13) After sometime the staff started checking boarding passes and allowing passengers to enter gate #12

14) I also went and but was shocked when I was told that I cannot travel with the two bags.

15) I again tried to explain my points but was rudely told that they did not have time to speak to me and I was holding the queue and many others were waiting to check in.

16) I was asked to choose whether to throw the extra luggage or pay for it. They were so discourteous in their tone that they were not ready to hear anything. May be they were busy with boarding, that means they were not the best person to handle cases of extra luggage. It should have been ideally done earlier at check-in counter.

17) Due to the pressure i was put under by the staff, I dint have any other option but to pay 125 pounds for the laptop bag. How can a person choose to throw the gifts which he has purchased with love for friends and relatives?

18) I also got dismayed with the way the entire payment process was handled. I was not carrying cash so I chose to pay by HDFC international credit card. One staff asked me to stand near the boarding counter as she needed some detail for the card I gave to her. Withing seconds the other staff member asked me to not to stand there. I was disgusted with the way I was treated over there. As if I was a criminal and the staff was doing me a favor by allowing me to travel. I got very frustrated.

19) At the same time I noticed many economy class passengers sitting in boarding area with two bags (I am not counting duty-free bags). So this made me feel more bad. Was I singled out there? If yes, for what reason? Did I look like a fool to them?

20) Finally the payment process got over and I started my journey to Bangalore.

I hope the above details will help you in visualizing the series of events that took place with me.
Right after that moment this incident is haunting me like anything. I have not been able to sleep after reaching back to Bangalore. When I close my eyes, the same scene and the way it was handled comes into my mind. The current time here in Bangalore is 03:01 AM.

If Emirates staff at check-in counter was sure about not letting me with two bags without being charged extra, why she didn't reply to response and told about the extra charges. At that time my wife was with me. I could have transferred 2 kg into check-in bags (which was 28 kg) and returned the empty laptop bag with my wife.
What else could I have understood if she chose to remain silent and issued the the boarding passes to me.
And later during boarding when there is not much time left for the flight and your boarding staff are busy, they suddenly brought the topic of paying extra or throw your belongings. How can you throw the gifts which you have purchased with love for friends and relatives? So pay for it?
What do I understand from the way the entire thing was handled. It's so difficult for me to believe but yes now I feel I have been cheated by Emirates through some staff members at that airport. Issues related to extra luggage or buying extra luggage need to be handled during check-in and not when your flight is scheduled to depart in sometime.

Now I am writing this mail to you so that you look into the issue and refund the amount incorrectly charged from me and compensation for the distress it has caused in my life. This could have been easily avoided if extra luggage issue was sorted at check-in counter.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Let me know in case you need any more information on this.

Thanks and Regards,

#84, Keonics Electronics City,
Hosur Road Bangalore, Karnataka,
India - 560100

Customer Rating

Dear sir , this the socend time i write this my bag was totally damaged and i get it opened , items was lost and damaged and alia airport file a claim file reference ammek3463/20aug12/1423gmt any way amirates answer my coplain december 82012
dear ms shehadeh thank you for your query we will respond as quickly as possible for reference please find a summarry of the information you submitted ,i never heard any thing so far i want an answer that my insuranceompany can start working in my claim even deniel letter thanks ,,,,,ph 919 696 7878

Contact the Emirates Airlines Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Emirates Airlines. What is their corporate mailing address?

• I want to call the Emirates Airlines customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

• I need to visit the Emirates Airlines company website. What is their website address?