Emirates Airlines

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Emirates Airlines

Posted by Complaints Department on Nov 14, 2011
Customer Rating

My Father went from birmingham on sunday 13th Nov 2011 to Dubai, and was suppost to connect from there to Karachi, and the flight was slightly delayed from here and when he arrived in Dubai and got to the gate for boarding the connecting flight to Karachi, they said the flight had already left. He had to wait for 7 hours at the airport before he got another flight to Karachi, and eventually when he got to Karachi his suitacase was left in dubai, so he never got that till the evening that day. I am very disappointed with this kind of service, i encouraged him to fly with Emirates as you are well known for good service, Now my father will be reluctant in flying with Emirates.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Emirates Airlines provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Emirates Airlines?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.09 out of 5
2.09 out of 5 Stars
58 Consumer Reviews

Emirates Airlines
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Emirates Airlines. What is their corporate mailing address?

I want to call the Emirates Airlines customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

I need to visit the Emirates Airlines company website. What is their website address?

More Emirates Airlines Complaints

Customer Rating

On January 9th, 2014 I came to your beautiful city to visit my daughter, Margaret McAllister who is working in Dubai. On January 20th, while on a visit to Abu Dhabi I tripped on a curb, fractured my hip and was taken to Sheikh Khalifa Hospital. There I spent 7 days in the hospital receiving hip surgery and required recuperation.
My surgeon, Dr F. Salib approved my travel back to Tucson, Arizona in the USA for February 10, 2014 based on the ability to fly business class which allowed me to January 21st my daughter called Emirates to change the flight back home and was charged a fee to change the flight to February 10th. At that time I had received an offer to upgrade to business class for 3,670.AED. She asked to take advantage of this upgrade fee because she suspected that I would need to travel business class back to the USA. She was told that 3 days before the new flight date we should receive this offer again. She was also told that she should provide all necessary medical information to Emirates at least 2 days before the flight to ensure a business class seat for me. She went with the Emirates medical paperwork to the Emirates office at the airport 5 days before the flight and was sent to 3 different counters then finally sent to the Emirates location at Business Bay.
When my daughter arrived at the Business Bay location she was told that she should have taken the 3,670.AED upgrade to business class because now it will not be offered. She explained that when changing the reservation she was told that she needed to wait until 3 days before the new flight date for the same offer. My daughter was told that due to my age of 87 and the situation I would receive special consideration on the upgrade fee. After 2 visits and 4 days Emirates did nothing but say it was OK to fly. She was then told to wait for the morning of the flight when the cheapest upgrade would be available.
Upon arriving at Dubai Airport the morning of the flight we were again sent to numerous desks just to try to check-in and upgrade my seat to business class. After 2 1/2 hours of being wheel from one desk to another we were told that the cheapest upgrade was 16,280.AED because there were only a few seats left. This was more than four times the rate of 3,670.AED. At 87 years old I have limited funds. Your staff was disorganized, and acted like thieves ready to charge whatever fee they knew they could get. To add insult to injury, after paying the 16,280AED, business class was only half full.
I had a wonderful time while in Dubai and met many wonderful caring people; however the dealing with Emirates staff made both my daughter and I aware that your staff were not caring or concerned about helping me. The exorbitant fee charged for the business class seat made me feel like you were thieves just looking for an old lady to prey upon.
I have provided you with the documentation of these issues and request that you provide me with a partial refund of the 16,280AED.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

We fly for dhaka from jfk and we brake at dubai, more then 15 hours we stayed on floor of dubai airport after that we fly again dubai to dhaka With flydubai, no body healp us nobody offers Volantryaward anything. So I have a question you. Emirates and flydubi both of them same? is it your emirate service? can you tell me why the people's take emirates service. I HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS.

Customer Rating

I do not label this as complaint. Instead, a comment. While giving the inflight instructions, before take off, the PA system shows an young man on the screen, watching the seat belt tightening itself. This is misleading.
In reality, it is not. The passenger has to tighten the seat belt by pulling the belt. No matter to whatever extent the technology has progressed,the passenger still has to tighten the seat belt on his/her own. The passenger sitting next to me, was waiting for the seat belt to tighten it self. I ended up correcting him and tightened his seat belt. Things like these look simple but play a crucial role in the business of airlines.

Customer Rating

Service on Sydney to Dubai 413 Friday 20/02/15 was indifferent. Catering department seemed in crisis with some passengers waiting long after others for their meals as the system seemed to have failed. Flight from Dubai due to leave for Birmingham at 08.05 on Saturday 21/02/15 was delayed by bad weather. There were absolutely NO public announcements and it was up to us to find staff and ask. After more than two hours we were told boarding would happen soon, but another long wait and then we were held in the plane on the Tarmac and only took off minutes before three hours elapsed. My seat was 34 A and the entertainment centre was not working at all for the seven hour journey, despite efforts by cabin staff. There were no spare seats so the attendant said she would report the fault and look at compensation but I have heard no more.

In my experience, there is a great degree of variation in services on different journeys with Emirates. I had a terrifying transfer last year when another delay caused time to be tight which was not my fault. I have artificial hips which always cause the security machines to alert, and was whisked away by a security officer in full burka to a private room for a search, despite protesting that I was happy to stay in public view! I then had to run for the bus which took an age and the boarding gate had closed! To be fair, transfer yesterday by train was fast and efficient. I am disappointed in Emirates.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have emailed couple of months back and never heard anything from you side. I am going to email as many places as I can now so you guys hear what we've been through!

I am a frequent Emirates airline flyer. I always try to fly by emirates even though sometimes the ticket is little bit expensive than the other airlines. But I have peace of mind that the flights are always on time and good service is always guaranteed.

We had a very different experience recently. We booked two flights from Birmingham to Karachi and the connection time was 1.5 hours at Dubai. We were going to Karachi for only two days on an important business and for that reason we had to arrive early in the morning. We paid extra money to have this flight with less connection time.

When the flight landed at Dubai airport and the local time was told we were sure that we need to hurry to catch the flight. I informed the stewardess about my next flight and she was very worried that we might miss our flight. She immediately contacted someone on the phone and explained the situation to them. She asked them if we could leave the plane first. After talking on the phone she was looking very hopeless and said we have to wait and go to the transfer desk as soon as we are inside the airport.

As soon as we came to the door of the plane, much to our surprise, the plane was not at the terminal and there was a bus waiting for the passengers. It was a 20 minutes nerve wrecking journey to the airport. It was a shock to see a bus taking passengers on such a modern airport. Airlines have all the information about the passengers and know exactly about the connecting flights. Emirates could have done something for us to take our connecting flight.

When we reached the airport and to the transfer desk, we were shocked to see that there were at least 200 people in the queue and there was only one person on the counter. By the time we reached the counter we were tired, hungry and thirsty because of the long flight. I explained the situation to the person at the counter and much to our surprise we were told “You have missed your flight and the next flight is after 7 hours”. She never said sorry on behalf of Emirates that we missed our flight and that we have to stay at the Dubai airport for 7 hours for no reason. It was very traumatic for me and wife as we had to arrive at Karachi for 8 am meeting. I was not able to contact anyone in Karachi at that time as well as it was 3 in the morning over there. I and my wife drove from Haverfordwest in Wales to Birmingham airport which is 4 hours’ drive. We woke up at 4 am UK time to arrive at airport on time. She was not able to sleep on the plane and then we had to stay at the airport for 8 hours because we missed the connecting flight which was not our fault at all. She was feeling sick after a while because of all the stress and distress caused by airline and the fear that we are going to miss out meeting next day.

The next flight was delayed again by one hour. By this time we were sure that we are going to miss our appointment. And by the time we reach Karachi, it was too late and the whole point of us going to Karachi was lost.

I must say that I and my wife are very dis satisfied with the level of service we received from Emirates airline. We missed our important meeting and above that it took couple of days for my wife to recover from this traumatic experience. I was never expecting such a low level of service from a world class airline. We have to travel back to Karachi now in near future again for the same meeting which we missed because of Emirates airline.

I am not sure if this letter/email is going to make a difference, but it is sad to see the level of service declining over the years.

Regards

Two very distressed frequent flyer

Farrukh and Madiha

Mrs Madiha Ali

Reservation Code: FQKZAD

Ticket Number: 1762596211913

Customer Rating

i submitted a complaint which was dismissed without looking at the facts i provided.
I have asked for you appeal procedure or contact details of the managing Direstor and so for have been refused these information.
I want my complaints reinvestigated as i strongly feel that it was dismissed.

see original complaint

Dear sir

Thank you for your response which i found totally unacceptable. I would like to appeal against your decision as you have not taken any of the facts i mentioned in actual consideration.

I would like to point out that ,as you kindly said that i had 2 pieces of luggage, weighing a total of 41 kg.
however i had one suitcase weighing 31 kg and a hand luggage weighing 10 kg.
i am entitled to carry one piece of luggage weighing up to 30 kg and a hand luggage of 10 kg

As i pointed out that i had only 1 kg over my allowance.

As i was on a wheelchair, i was told that they could take my hand luggage in as it may cause me difficulty during the flight. I was not informed that i was going to be charged for it. i was quite happy to pay for the extra 1 kg, which i thought i was charged for.

if i was told that i had to pay for my hand luggage i would have happily taken it with me and not send it in as extra luggage. at no time i was told that i was going to be charged for my hand luggage. I did not asked for my hand luggage to be sent in. they asked me whether it was ok by me for them to take it in. No one mentioned extra cost.

When traveling outward to Mauritius from Gatwick, they did take my suitcase and hand luggage in ,without any extra payment.
I did not asked for my hand luggage to be taken in as extra luggage. I would have been quite happy to take it in with me. I would not have even had to carry it personally as the airport staff was carrying it for me as i was being assisted on a wheelchair, due to my mobility problems.

Should you not be able to resolve this ,i would like you to provide me with the appropriate e-mail and contact details of your managing Director.

should this not get sorted out amicably, i am considering sending all my mails and your communications to the airline ombudsman, the media and on tweeter. You cannot charge someone £442+ for an extra kg.

Yours sincerely

Mrs ramburuth

In a message dated 11/03/2013 10:33:45 GMT Standard Time, Customer.affairsUK@emirates.com writes:
Dear Mrs Ramburuth

Please find a copy of our response dated 28 February -

Our Ref No: LON/X/YP/300113/6838395

28 February 2013

Mrs Geeta Ramburuth

ramburu@aol.com

Dear Mrs Ramburuth

Emirates Booking Locator - FZUU4S

I write further to our acknowledgement, with reference to your email dated 26 January. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Firstly, on behalf of Emirates, I am sorry to learn of your disappointment due to the excess baggage charges which you incurred whilst checking-in in Mauritius for flight EK3706, on 21 December, to Dubai.

Our investigation reveals that you had a total of 2 pieces of baggage weighing 41 kilos whereas your free baggage entitlement for travel in Economy class was 30 kilos. Therefore our staff correctly charged you for 11 kilos of excess baggage totalling MUR22,000.

The problem of excess baggage always tends to create difficulties for both passengers and airlines alike. The carriage of excess baggage on airlines is governed by well-defined limits laid down by the industry. Whilst our handling agents are permitted to apply some flexibility, our normal policy is that any excess baggage exceeding the free allowance has to be charged for at the applicable rate.

Mrs Ramburuth, I must inform you that Emirates are not in a position to offer any recompense, nor are we in a position to offer any reimbursement in these circumstances.

Once again, I am sorry for any disappointment felt, however I would like to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to respond and clarify.

Yours Sincerely

Yasser Paul

Customer Affairs

From: Ramburu@aol.com [mailto:Ramburu@aol.com]
Sent: 09 March 2013 19:15
To: Customer Affairs UK
Subject: Re: FW: Refund for innappropriate overcharged for extra luggage.

Dear sir

I was promised an answer within 30 days and its been now 41 days.

Can you please look into this ,as this is causing me much distressed and hardship.

Have you got a contact number i can call you on and speak to someone who can sort this nout once and for all.

Yours faithfully

Mrs Geeta Ramburuth

In a message dated 28/01/2013 13:02:16 GMT Standard Time, Customer.affairsUK@emirates.com writes:

Dear Mrs Ramburuth,

Thank you for your feedback concerning our services

We have assigned your file to a Customer Affairs Officer who will look into the points that you have raised and reply to you as soon as their investigations have been completed. Please quote reference number LON/X/300113/6838395 in any further communications.

Please be advised that we deal with all feedback in chronological date order and we endeavour to reply within 30 days

Yours sincerely

Zaleha Chaytor

Customer Affairs Administration UK

From: Ramburu@aol.com [mailto:Ramburu@aol.com]
Sent: 26 January 2013 16:34
To: Customer Affairs UK
Subject: Re: Refund for innappropriate overcharged for extra luggage.

Dear sir

i forgot to add that on my outward journey, they did send my hand luggage in as they say that i would have difficulty on the plane and i did not had to pay any extra. Hence the reason why i am so distressed about the whole situation and now asking sincerely to be refunded and compensated . I do suffer from Hypertension and as a result of all this , i had to cope with a headache all the way back to the UK. I was grateful i got home safe.

I await your urgent response . I would prefer a response by post in addition to e-mail as i have to rely on others to access my mail .

Many thanks .

Mrs. Geeta. Ramburuth

In a message dated 26/01/2013 16:07:58 GMT Standard Time, Ramburu@aol.com writes:

Dear sir.

Further to our telephone conversation , i would like to say that we have been valued customer of air emirates and have a family membership for Skywards, (EK 384 393 564)

As you can see a group of us travel with AE in October 2012 to Mauritius via Dubai

) 1769476399068 under ANDREWS/JOHNMR
2) 1769476399069 under BAKHSHI/HEMAMS
3) 1769476399070 under BAKHSHI/OMARMR
4) 1769476399071 under RAMBURUTH/INDIRAMS
5) 1769476399072 under RAMBURUTH/ANEETAMS
6) 1769476399073 under RAMBURUTH/ANJULIMS
7) 1769476399074 under SINGHLALL/DAVINDERMR

and I traveled in Nov 2012 and returned in DEC 22/12/2012 (176-2292446095 under RAMBURUTH/GEETAMRS )

and my Husband is due to travel to Mauritius on 31/01/2013 from Gatwick via Dubai.

My complaint is of how i was treated and charged an exorbitant fees for going 1 kg extra luggage on my return journey from Mauritius on 21/12/12 at the airport. which has caused her and still is , lots of excessive distress and hardship.

I am disable with mobility problems and needed assistance when i travel. I had a good flight and has no complaints about the service which reflects the reason why my husband is traveling yet again with AE on 31/01/13.

When checking in at the airport in Mauritius, i was told abruptly that i had 1 kg extra luggage and that i either remove the excess or pay for the excess. I was taken back and quite annoyed as others were getting through with much more extras without having to pay anything.

Despite my plea, i was rudely told that i was holding the queue and many others were waiting to check in.

I was on a wheelchair and got quite emotional. The only support was from the person pushing the wheelchair.

I was asked whether i wanted my hand luggage sent in as it was causing me some difficulties as i was also carrying my hand bag which contained all my papers and medicines.

to this i replied that i would be grateful if that could be done as it would make things easier and at time it was mentioned that i would have to pay extra apart from that 1 kg of excessive luggage.

Due to the pressure i was put under to do this and that due to other people waiting to check in, i was pushed to a different counter where i paid for the extra kg . Due to the state i was in and put under by the checking staff, i paid by my credit card and sigh without checking out of anger but also out of trust.

I never thought about it until this am when i received my Barclay Card statement and to my surprise and anger, i was charged £462.29 p. This is causing me much distress ,not only reliving the whole distressing experience but now more hardship.

I have been to the travel agent where i purchased my ticket, out of desperation and was told to contact customer service as this is unacceptable and that i was very unfairly treated.

The Staff at the airport were very unhelpful and unsympathetic. They ignored my plight ,did not acknowledge my difficulties and more distressing still they were talking to one another and seemed to be giggling to one another at my expense. i found this to be very unprofessional.

I would this to be investigated further and be compensated for the distressed and emotional state i was left in on my 16 hrs journey back and more importantly for the unnecessary overcharged fees i was unaware i was paying at the time as i was not informed. The employee that was assisting me was helpful . As i was on a wheelchair, he did take the papers from the counter and handed it over to me for signing and at no time there were any communication from the person from the counter.

I await your response as soon as possible, as i will be expecting to pay my Barclay card within the next 15 days.

MY postal address is 55 Barfield. Sutton-At-Hone. Dartford. Kent. DA4 9EJ.

Yours Faithfully

Mrs. G. Ramburuth

Customer Rating

Flight EK 978 and EK 217 Oct.28, 2011 both delayed 22 and 68 minutes respectively, many passengers including myself stranded.This airlines fails to get connecting passengers to planes when flights arrive late. Its staff need to learn first lessons in civility and hospitality,.I got sick running for miles across Dubai Airport!. Staff at counter very rude:. They ignored my dietary requests/. I showed my dr's letter for medical assistance but their head steward disregarded the letter for any accomodation;. They broke my luggage'. Emirates Airlines packs the plan without regards to passenger needs:. It was my first flight with this airline".

I never had problem like this with other airlines. I have contacted Emirates Cusomer service about my broken luggage and all problems with airline but instead of taking a report they have referred me to a no name email address which I have sent 2 emails. I read somewhere it takes them more than 6 months to respond! I sent an email to your Online Booking Query Department on 25 November 2011 and they forwarded my email to your office in Singapore. I also sent 2 reminders dated 27 & 29 November 2011. Up to now I have not received any reply from your Emirates Office in Singapore.

By not replying my email, Emirates is showing disrespect to me (a 68 year old senior citizen). Therefore, I can conclude that your service staff are negligent in carrying out their duties to seve the customers. By ignoring my email, Emirates gives me the impression that your staff have never been trained to respect and serve their customers. How can Emirates Airlines serve their customers well when they cannot even control the working attitude of their own staff. I hope to get a better response from you this time.

Customer Rating

we travelled with Emirates airlines from SOuth Africa to Kuala Lampur. I was extremely disappointed with the service that we received from the airline. Firstly when booking my ticket i asked if my son who is one and a half would be able to get a bassinet and i was advised that yes he would as long as he is under 11 kg which he is. when we on board the plane and requested one the airhostess refused to give it to us as they said he was too big for it. secondly the airhostesses are obnoxious and rude and are not helpful at all. I am not sure why they think they have the right to shout at passengers when they feel like it. one of the connecting flight were filthy. my husband had a seat where the food tray was sticky and dirty and when asked for helped the airhostesses could not be bothered to assist. This is extremely disgusting service from such a big airline. It was my husbands first flight with Emirates and we were both extremely disappointed with this kind of service. We are paying for these tickets and therefore we expect value for our money. We dont expect to go on a flight with people who think they have a right to shout.

Customer Rating

on 15th feb 2013 itravelled to dubai via emirtes airline on ticket no1762629931894 from karachi on boarding no 33H on flight no ek601.ihad areturn ticket of ek 604 on18th feb 1:30 in the morning. after arriving at dubai i changed my flight to ek 608 on 17th feb at 1455 hourswith confirm ticket no1762629931951 .at atrport checkin counter they tell me that my ticket is shown as suspended then they send me way back to ticket sales,the lady over there checked my ticket on her system and ask me to go back at check in counter and tell them to contact her on a no. i have gone back and afterwards i was given my boarding pass 31B;this whole process cost me about 90 min.then the check in staff advise me to rush to the immigration and then to the departure lounge as only 45 min. were left before take off;but when i reached at gate 32,the lady over there tell me that our sensor didnot pickup your boarding pass ;mental torture starts againthen they also called someother farooq who was travelling on the same flight and after calling on so many numbers finally theyallow me to travel.this was the worst flying experience of my life i have travelled in a lot of airlines and alot of time in emirates too but now i feel that i have to think ten times before i fly to emirates...

Customer Rating

I left perth on the 03 june on flight ek421 heading for dubai int airport then onto glasgow, to visit my sick mother, and hoping do some buisness while there. As we where getting close to landing, i decided to go to the bathroom and freshen up. i started to brush my teeth, and have a wash, and as i have a bottom plate with dentures i, decided to clean them so i took them out and left them on the top of the sink .just. as i was finishing there was a message on the airlines radio systems to go back to your seats as we where about to decend.

So i hurried out of the toilet and back to my seat, leaving my bottom plate in the bathroom. I discoverd my plate was missing after i had gone through the security scanners, as i tried to get back to them, but could not get any one willing to help me, they the emirates staff I found did not understand ,or where just not interested they probably thought a plate with dentures on it was not that important, but they were very important to me as i had meetings scheduled and i had to be there with gaps in my mouth.

I feel that if i had been allowed to go back as soon as i realized they were missing this would have been averted. iphoned straight away and went to lost and found at terminal 3 but it was to late the staff thinking they were not important when cleaning the plane probably binned them.But as it was a metal plate it was expensive about 1000 dollars australian i believe staff should hand everything in when found, no matter how trivial they think it may be.As iam a emirates frequent fligher i look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dear sir/Madam,

My name is Mr. Mohamad Riyaad Moosuddee and my Skywards reference number is 130218583.
I am writing to you today to relate several incidents which occurred to me whilst travelling through your reputed airline, namely Emirates Airline. On 1st March 2013 I booked for a multiple destination ticket and ticket number is 176 3039863947-48
The incidents are as follows.
On the 4th March 2013 I called the ticketing office in Dubai from Bangkok at 5pm (Bangkok time) to make changes to my ticket for the trip Singapore to Dubai, as I was not fit for travel for medical reasons. The ticketing office told me to go to the Emirates office in Bangkok to pay for the penalty to issue the STPC in Bangkok itself. However the office in question was already closed and I went on the 5th March 2013 at 9 am (Bangkok time) to pay for the penalty fee (see attached Receipt). Whilst there, the lady at the counter in Bangkok Office told me that I can pick up the STPC at the Singapore airport to collect the STPC before check in. On 6th March 2013, at my bitter surprise, at check in at Singapore, the person at the check in counter told me that there is nothing on the system and that I shall contact Dubai directly.
From Singapore to Dubai (Flight number EK 433) at lunch time I was offered a fork which was not clean, and contained stains which resembled animal excrements. It was a horrible and disgusting experience which made me extremely uncomfortable throughout the flight. And I could not eat anything as I was nauseous (See attached Video to this email) I presume that Emirates Airline has a duty of care towards its passenger’s health and safety and also that Emirates airline has the responsibility to check and ensure that spoons and forks provided on board shall respect a minimum hygiene standard. I immediately called upon the hostess in charge on the flight (Ms. Nicole Clarneiro) telling that I wish to speak to the senior Flight purser to complain about this incident. She told me that there is no need to call the senior staff as she will take the responsibility to report the issue and that she will ensure that I am contacted at a later stage for a feedback on the matter. Unfortunately, till date, nothing has been done and I was never contacted, and that is why I am writing this email today.
Arriving in Dubai to enquire about my STPC, The lady on the counter told me very rudely that “we cannot do anything for you Mr.” This happened on the 6th of March at around 1 PM on my arrival at the ticketing counter. Being in a very sick state due to the incident on the flight EK433 I was extremely disappointed and my health condition worsened due to lack of food. I needed rest, but due to the lack of professionalism and lack of care from your member of staff I had to endure hardship. I had no option than to stay at the airport for 14 hours.
I am seriously affected and concerned by the way I was treated by your members of staff. I am a frequent flyer, and I surely do not wish to repeat this kind of experience. I am completely unsatisfied by the way I was made to believe that my feedback would be taken up. I am disgusted by the dirty fork that I received on your flight, and I find it extremely unprofessional to be treated poorly by your staff at the ticketing counter in Dubai. As I did not receive any STPC when I paid for my penalty fee, I believe that I received only a partial service for a full payment that I have made. I expect a minimum level of customer care when choosing to travel through your airline.
May I humbly request your utmost consideration to this email.
I will be at your disposal should you require more information with respect to this email
Yours truly,
Moosuddee Mohamad Riyaad
Tel: (230)7362500

Customer Rating

My family and I have always been an Emirates customer. As a matter of fact, just in the past 3 years, my family and friends have used Emirates over 25 times. Needless to say, I am very disappointed in the service that I received on Dec 19th . I had never expected Emirates to treat me like the way the manager did at the LAX airport. A Women was beyond rude and threatened me very bad and she was actually yelling at me beside talking very nicely like other air line's employed.

The Problem was that I received another carrier bag (form some one to take with me) after I checked in my Luggages then I showed the carrier bag to the lady that I had to get my Lunch Ticket for Dubai and i asked her if this is fine to take in the air plane or not and she said if you already checked your luggages in it's OK just take it. Finally I passed the gate and and one of the employees told me that you will not be charge for that but just let me check this in for you as a luggage because it's a little bit bigger that carrier bag.

I fallowed her but when she was talking o me Very disrespect full and saying that you have to pay $175 for this or I don't let you go with this flight.but at the end she charged me $50. they way she was talking to me in front of other passengers made me feel shame, no one had talked to me like that before her. I felt really sorry for Emirates at that point I've never expected Emirates to Hire someone like her.

Emirates is Spending Millions and Millions Dollar on advertising to get more and more customer but it will loose it's customer by having this kind of managers or employees.

I heard that even if I write a complain latter to Emirates they will not care about your complain and they will continue what they are doing.
But I really appreciate it if you take this series and think about her position in your company, because even if she don't treat other please like that anymore, at least Emirates will loose 20 to 30 of it's customer because if i go back to U.S.A next month and see her still working in her position I will think that you did not even read my Email and you won't care about it.

Customer Rating

I have lived in SA. for 33years because of family commitments I have had to travel to uk and return via emirates twice recently.During my stay in uk i lost my SA. identity book and my credit card.On 22February ref. BLE1YZA1 I was to depart Heathrow.On trying to check in I was told I would not be allowed to travel and must rebook in UK. with a return ticket the flight controller seemed indifferent to my pleading I had my SA driving licence proof of residence and proof of purchase of ticket in Durban.

Eventually the emirates stewardess suggested I be allowed on the plane to Dubai but would not be issued with a boarding pass Dubai Durban. By this time I was a nervous wreck imagining being stranded in Dubai penniless.On arrival in Dubai I was greeted by a lovely courtious stewardess who issued me with a boarding pass ,and said she could not understand the problem.My bag was offloaded in Dubai and the stewardess said there was a 50/50 chance of getting it on the plane to Durban.I arrived Durban went through immigration no problem.My bag also arrived damaged with a wheel broken off.I must add apart from these unfortunate incidents service was excellent.

Flight EK0148 from AMS –DXB 8 Feb. 2013 :
schedule to depart at 14.40 did not take off as scheduled due to technical reasons.

At approximately 18.15 it finally took off, during these 4 hours delay passengers were not allowed to leave the plane.

Flight EK0346 DXB – KUL 9 Feb. 2013
Due to delay from AMS we couldn’t make it for connecting flight EK0346 DXB – KUL at 04.05 from DXB.

We were booked to the next flight EK 342 at 1030 which is 6 hours later.

All in total there has been a total of 10 hour delay.

Given these reasons we are claiming compensation for 2 passengers

GOHVANEIZENGA/CHINLEEMRS
GOHKAMPEN/CHINJEONGMRS

Customer Rating

The associate checking us in Miguel was very rude.He did not let us carry the one hand bag (for 4 passengers) with us. He publicly made us empty out our personal items into a tiny medicine bag and forced us to check our hand bag in. We are on a flight with a 3 hour layover and 2 kids one of who is sick. Obnoxious person with poor customer service skills. I have been very inconvenienced. This has never happened to me on another airline. I travel a lit and use the same bag as carry on and have never been put through this.

Dear sir/Madam,

The incidents are as follows.
May I humbly request your utmost consideration to this email.
Yours truly,
Moosuddee Mohamad Riyaad
Tel: (230)7362500

Customer Rating

My friend and I travelled from Brisbane to Amsterdam via Dubai on 26th February 2013 on Flight EK 435. My seat was 43C. I must say that the leg to Dubai was totally unsatisfactory. I fly overseas once or twice a year, usually with Etihad or Virgin having found these two airlines the most consistent and friendly of all the airlines. During the full 14 hours we never received a smile from any of the attendants and they seemed to begrudge doing anything for anyone. We had no magazines at all in our seat pockets and 3 times rang over a period of an hour to ask for help re TV remote or for a copy of the Emirates magazine. Three times someone came, listened to us in an impatient manner, said they would be back and never returned. At no time were they busy with meals etc. So, for 10 hours we did without our TV and movies as the touch screen didn't work properly. In the last 2 hours we finally worked it out ourselves. Other passengers also commented to us on the 'don't care' attitude of all the staff. A friend of mine lives in Dubai for 3 months then comes back to the Gold Coast for a few weeks. When I told her about the treatment we received she said that she had always found on the Brisbane/Dubai route the same thing which was very interesting. She often flies Business Class and said the same thing happens there as well. She only flies Emirates because her husband's firm has an account with you. The toilets were filthy throughout the trip as well. As I was flying to Amsterdam and returning via Lisbon Etihad wasn't feasible so that is why I decided to try your airline. Obviously you have a serious problem with the Brisbane/Dubai route and maybe it has something to do with the older style aircraft. But whatever the reason I would suggest that the staff on board are re-educated as to what Customer Service means. We paid good money to have an enjoyable trip and that includes having staff who smile and at least act as if they enjoy their job. Rudeness is not an option. What is disturbing is that I am not the only passenger who has encountered the rudeness.
I have no complaints about the flight from Dubai to Amsterdam.
Thanks you
Jo Martin

Customer Rating

The service of Emirates for Business Travellers is quite bad. I travel 300,000 miles per year and I expect to have accurate information, easy check in and a hassle free experience. This is how Emirates compares to Lufthansa (Business Class): Emirates charges an average 800% premium vs. Economy tickets and gives 75% more miles (LH 100%); Emirates does not have an Iphone application at all (in LH allmy data is stored and I check in in 2 clicks); Emirates has a policy of announcing Boarding (instead of gate open) 60 minutes before departure (on Oct 29th for flight 59 that was the case). People were sitting on the floor. The gate sent a Business Class passenger to the lounge at 8:10 and asked him to came back 40 minutes later.Then he was told the gate was closed, had to take a flight 6 hours later and pay a $250 fine (all was documented with names and sent to the Senior VP). He was asked to go to gate H for re-ticketing and wait in line (EK does not have a line for Business Class tickets at service gate H, LH always does). I travel once per year with my family. At LH, I am allowed to accesss the lounge with my family (2 young children). At Emirates, I was not (even as a Gold Member and Business Class passenger).

Dear Customer Affairs Executive,

This mail is regarding my complaint for the entire process in which I was charged 125 GBP for extra cabin luggage.
Before jumping into conclusions I would expect you to go through all the details below and then try to understand my view point.
Flight Booking reference: FZQH62
1) I travelled from BLR-DXB-MAN on 15th March 2013 with a 6kg trolley bag plus a laptop bag as cabin baggage. Apart from this I had checked-in luggage of total 28 kg. There were no issues at airport and I reached Manchester on 16/03/13 without any problems.

2) This is the case for all my travels; and amongst all colleagues and friends (frequent travelers) this is a clear understanding that a laptop bag is additionally allowed apart from the specified quota of 5-7 kg cabin baggage.

3) Similarly for Female passengers, hand purse is not counted as cabin baggage. My wife (Zeenat Ayesha) travelled through the same route on 19/01/2013 (Booking Ref: M0XQWY) with a trolley bag, hand purse and a laptop bag.

4) While returning from Manchester to Bangalore on 13/04/2013, my wife came to the airport to see me off. We reached close to 3 hours before the flight departure time.

5) We went to the check-in counter of Emirates and I checked-in two bags (totally weight 29kgs).

6) Then the executive asked if I am carrying cabin baggage. I replied that I am carrying two. A trolley bag plus a laptop bag.

7) She replied "Sir, only one bag is allowed". I was shocked as this was happening for the first time with me.

8) Instantly I replied that this is the way I travelled from BLR to MAN few weeks back with the same airline i.e. Emirates.

9) The lady at the counter didn't say anything and handed over the boarding passes for MAN-DXB and DXB-BLR flights to me.

10) It was obvious for me to assume that she had considered my reasoning and I had been allowed to travel with above bags

11) All these things, happened within 10-15 minutes and then I decided to go to security; After ensuring the check-in is successfully over, my wife also left airport for Liverpool.

12) I got my security done and after doing some time pass, I went to area around gate #12 and sat on the chairs beside the gate.

13) After sometime the staff started checking boarding passes and allowing passengers to enter gate #12

14) I also went and but was shocked when I was told that I cannot travel with the two bags.

15) I again tried to explain my points but was rudely told that they did not have time to speak to me and I was holding the queue and many others were waiting to check in.

16) I was asked to choose whether to throw the extra luggage or pay for it. They were so discourteous in their tone that they were not ready to hear anything. May be they were busy with boarding, that means they were not the best person to handle cases of extra luggage. It should have been ideally done earlier at check-in counter.

17) Due to the pressure i was put under by the staff, I dint have any other option but to pay 125 pounds for the laptop bag. How can a person choose to throw the gifts which he has purchased with love for friends and relatives?

18) I also got dismayed with the way the entire payment process was handled. I was not carrying cash so I chose to pay by HDFC international credit card. One staff asked me to stand near the boarding counter as she needed some detail for the card I gave to her. Withing seconds the other staff member asked me to not to stand there. I was disgusted with the way I was treated over there. As if I was a criminal and the staff was doing me a favor by allowing me to travel. I got very frustrated.

19) At the same time I noticed many economy class passengers sitting in boarding area with two bags (I am not counting duty-free bags). So this made me feel more bad. Was I singled out there? If yes, for what reason? Did I look like a fool to them?

20) Finally the payment process got over and I started my journey to Bangalore.

I hope the above details will help you in visualizing the series of events that took place with me.
Right after that moment this incident is haunting me like anything. I have not been able to sleep after reaching back to Bangalore. When I close my eyes, the same scene and the way it was handled comes into my mind. The current time here in Bangalore is 03:01 AM.

If Emirates staff at check-in counter was sure about not letting me with two bags without being charged extra, why she didn't reply to response and told about the extra charges. At that time my wife was with me. I could have transferred 2 kg into check-in bags (which was 28 kg) and returned the empty laptop bag with my wife.
What else could I have understood if she chose to remain silent and issued the the boarding passes to me.
And later during boarding when there is not much time left for the flight and your boarding staff are busy, they suddenly brought the topic of paying extra or throw your belongings. How can you throw the gifts which you have purchased with love for friends and relatives? So pay for it?
What do I understand from the way the entire thing was handled. It's so difficult for me to believe but yes now I feel I have been cheated by Emirates through some staff members at that airport. Issues related to extra luggage or buying extra luggage need to be handled during check-in and not when your flight is scheduled to depart in sometime.

Now I am writing this mail to you so that you look into the issue and refund the amount incorrectly charged from me and compensation for the distress it has caused in my life. This could have been easily avoided if extra luggage issue was sorted at check-in counter.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Let me know in case you need any more information on this.

Thanks and Regards,

#84, Keonics Electronics City,
Hosur Road Bangalore, Karnataka,
India - 560100

Customer Rating

Dear sir , this the socend time i write this my bag was totally damaged and i get it opened , items was lost and damaged and alia airport file a claim file reference ammek3463/20aug12/1423gmt any way amirates answer my coplain december 82012
dear ms shehadeh thank you for your query we will respond as quickly as possible for reference please find a summarry of the information you submitted ,i never heard any thing so far i want an answer that my insuranceompany can start working in my claim even deniel letter thanks ,,,,,ph 919 696 7878

Customer Rating

It was our first flight with Emirates and it will be the last.

We checked in at Birmingham International (UK) yesterday, 11 April 2013 at around 5.30pm at Row 81 (flight was scheduled to depart at 9.20pm). There were 3 of us so the total baggage we were allowed should be 90 kg (30kg each) but the (Asian) staff either did not know this or play ignorant. He 'greeted' us with '60 kg only!'. He then agreed and gave us ONE pen to fill up all the tags. He not only would not provide aother pen, he went on to hurry us as if it was late or there was a long queue. Note this, there was only 1 passenger behind us as we were checking in way early!

Throughout the whole checking in, there was not a little nicety coming from this staff, he was cold like we owed him something or offended him, there was no eye contact, no hint of a smile. After we finished, I stood back to observe how he handled the passengers (an Asian couple) behind us. He was all smiles, friendly and looking up with eye contact.

We were full paying passengers and should be treated the same as other passengers. This was a very bad experience.

Customer Rating

travel date 18th of feb 2013 from lahore to dubai dubai to glasgow flight no EK 623
CONFIRMED 18 FEB 13
0320 LAHORE (LHE also flight no EK 027
CONFIRMED 18 FEB 13
0730 DUBAI INTNL (DXB)
18 FEB 13
0430 the flight was delayed in lahore passengers were not notifield what was happing the flight left the next morning the emirates staff didnt have any accurate information on the next flight kept delaying the flight . eventually got accomodation for aprox 5 hours . then told by staff at pearl continential to leave and get to airport as our flight should be leaving around 2.30 left at 5.30, could have stayed in the hotel for longer had no lunch . dubai messed the passengers around the children were exhausted and tired walking around trying to explain needed accomadition as our flight was not going until the morning 19th at 8.00 am vouchers were given with difficulty. i was not happy with the service and the way this was handled i had siatica and my feet were swollen with severe back pain sitting and walking around trying to find out what was happining the communication was poor.

i have travelled in emirates many times and have always recommened it to friends and family but unfortuantly it let me down badly and i will think twice travelling with yourselves again . when i reached home i was exhausted had to keep the children off school for days due to the tirdness . i will like you to give me some compesation towards this as i had to make phone calls from lahore to my family to let them know as i didnt have a phone on me it cost me a fortune phoning from the airport also buying food from lahore , hope to hear from yourselves soon

Hi,

I have tarvelled on 9th Feb from GVA to Hyd am satisfied with the check in staff,I am a frequent flier with Emirates and I have a blue card,GVA staff allowed 1 or 2 KG extra luggage in check in even though it crossed 30 KG.

But on 16th I have travelled from Hyd to GVA , am very much disappointed with the staff at check in.I have a check in of 33 KG and 7 kg of Cabin baggage.Though I have blue card tehy havent allowed and demanded to reduce 3kg of check in.Even I spoke to supervisor but of no use.They even behaved not in a proper manner .I am very much disappointed with this act I have decided not to travel with Emirates and I have suggested my company colleagues not to travel with Emirates.

Regards
Karthik

Customer Rating

On April 22, 2013, I left the Fairmont Palm in Dubai to travel to the Airport - I was traveling with 6 pp and we left 2 at a time to arrive at the airport - 2 hours before departing on EMIRATES FLIGHT 241 at 9:55. We had pre-assigned seats. The line up was not that long however was taking a very long time. My collegaues were ahead of my travel partner, Susan Lanc and me. Upon reaching the counter , we were told that the flight was full and they were asking for volunteers to take the next flight which was not direct and left about 3am on April 23rd. We were not checked in and asked to wait. We went away to get a coffee and make plans to arrive in Toronto the next day - phone calls and arrangements etc. We then went back to the counter to advise that we wanted to volunteer to take the next flight as the future free travel on Emirates was motivating to us. They asked us to wait while the 4 other people traveling with us got upgraded to Business Class. We were all Incentive winners for Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
After a while , after the check in closed, we were called and given the last 2 middle seats available . We had made arrangements to stay, rebooked the hotel, phone calls, etc. We had to rush through security just in time to make the flight. We were not able to shop at Duty Free which was totally our intention. I am writing this letter to you because 1. Why did you not honor the fact that we volunteered? 2. Our collegues did not volunteer and they were upgraded to Business Class? This caused us a huge disappointment as again we were prepared to arrive the next day in Toronto, made arrangements and were excited about the opportunity to return to Dubai. Why were non volunteers upgraded especially when traveling together.
I have been in the hospitality business for 30 years and a former flight attendant in the middle east. I do undertand how this works but also understand this from a customer point of view. I am writing this in the hopes that you will honor the fact that we did volunteer and were not given the seats that were assigned. I am happy to discuss this further and kindly request a written response.
Vicky Fanuzzi (Victoria) EK 377 384 556
Director, Canadian Sales
Fairmont Royal York
100 Front St. W
Toronto, ON , Canada
M5J1E3

Customer Rating

I travelled to dubai on 29 april 2013 on emirates flight ek026 with my mother Beryl Khan.
we returned back on friday 3rd May 2013 flight ek 025.
My mother who has MS is unable to walk a long distance and therefor has a wheelchair. I booked both sides of the journey for wheelchair assistance which i got going out, but on returning at Glasgow airport she was left sitting on the plane for 25 minutes because no one came with a wheel chair. Eventually i took her arm for support and very slowly decided to make the long journey by walking which was very difficult fot her. Half way through the terminal some one came with a wheel chair but with no one to push it, was told you need to do it yourself.By this time everyone who had come off this flight had collected their luggage and left the terminal and we were just still walking off the flight. I had to push the wheelchair while pulling two inflight bags. Eventually at baggage collection i got her own wheelchair sat her in it but again could not push the chair as i had a trolley full of baggage off of the convarebelt. Once again she had to get off the wheel chair and push it herself which again was very distressing for her.As i had to push the trolley.
What I want to know is that if i had requested a wheelchair with assistance then why did we not get it, and if this is the service emirates provides then i will certainly not be travelling with emirates again, i want justice for my mothers inconvenience and mostly her distress, her MS leaves her very agitated which does not help when things like this happen. What are emirates going to do with this situation as i brought this to the ground staffs attention and gave my mothers details to them so that this information can be verified.
Please reply on receipt.

832-330-0303
User Name 281-927-811
E1800-777-3993

To whom it
in the airport lounge. I paid for the full package while included the hotel room in Dubai, but I didn’t receive that. Due to this,
I am asking for my money back that would at least of covered the hotel room that I never used and was charged for.
I have attached my flight itinerary with this email. If you have further questions or concerns feel free to contact me. (832)330-0303

Dear Sirs,

I had an unfortunate and annoying experience on my return flight from Chennai in India on the 8th of March 2013.

As I had already checked in online I was standing in that particular line. All of a sudden 3 different porters barged in front of me with 3 different families and made them stand in front of me. When I objected to it one of the Emirates men came across to me and asked me to get to the back of the line. As the emirates person totally ignored me a kind gentleman let me in front of him as he also thought what the emirates man did was very wrong. Later to my surprise I also saw him take a back hander (bribery) from the 3 families. This is very disgusting to think this is what goes on in Chennai airport and I did not expect it from the Emirates employees.

This was not all of it. Before leaving to the airport I had checked my bags and was positive it was within the 30 kgs, and my hand luggage was and bit over 5 Kgs. But to my surprise the man at the check-in desk says it was 32 kgs. When I queried this he said 'if you want maam you go to another counter but you will have to join the line again'. I had already been pushed back in the line initially by the porters and I was not prepared to be sent back in the line. So I ended up paying 2700 rupees.

It makes me think what is the point in getting the luggage weight all within the 30kgs and the carry on luggage within the 6 kgs when at the airport check in desk the weight seems to be far higher and also the person behind the check in desk is rude and has an attitude problem. As I was travelling alone and nobody to discuss this with I had to cut my losses and walk away. This made my return flight all stressed out and fed up.

Also once inside they never even bothered to announce the gate number or put it on the information board. Many passengers witnessed some of the emirates passengers having an argument with the emirates employee because of this.

Unhappy passenger,
M.Rao.

Customer Rating

My father recently passed away in Spain and I got the first flight out available which happen to be with Emirates....BKK to DXB to MAD on the 24rth of January 2013.....frequent flyer EK-296537695 departure time from BKK 02.25 FLIGHT NUMBER EK 419 ETA 0600......The flight was an hour delayed taking off, I spoke with the stewardess on the flight and they re-assured me that there would be no problem what so ever getting to my next flight on time......we arrived in Dubai at 0720 and still i was asuured that the flight was not going to leave without me,in fact i was promised as i had already in formed the staff that i was attending my fathers funeral!!! i ran to my gate at Dubai airport only to be greeted by two very un-accommodating ground staff who refused point blank to allow me and about another 7 passengers that under no circumstance where we getting on that flight!! as you may gather by now i am very very upset....my father has just passed away and i am travelling for his funeral and have been granted only 24 extra hours to bury him....and only to be told by two horrible ground staff that i wasnt going to make it!!!! and told to go to transfer H...And you can imagime my horror when i arrived there was about 1,000 other passengers that had also been turned down from various Emirates flight...due to Fog warning apparently!!! I eventually after waitng 4 hours i got a glimmer of hope to chat to a guy called Joseph Mutino who was no help at all and was not capable of handling 3 people let alone 1,000 unhappy passengers....i was told that i would not be flying anywhere until the following day....as i said before i was attending my fathers funeral and i was not in a good state of mind as you can appreciate!!!! anyway the long tall and short of it all is that i missed my fathers funeral because of you and when i did eventually arrive i had no suitcase for 2 days....I cannot express to you how upset i am and i have no idea how your going to make it better but i am willing to listen before i take further action.....please contact me as soon as possible and if you need to ask me any questions you have my contact details above.

Customer Rating

I was traveling to AMMAN on Oct 18, 2012 with the E-ticket number 1762282821653C1 and flight (EK901) with my brothers and returning on Oct 21, 2012 flight (EK904) and both flight going to Amman and returning to dubai was delayed on time

when returning in Amman -queen alia intl arpt, gate 11 , we requested the check in counter that we are together and we need our seat together and he agreed and we did not double chk the boarding pass (assuming he put us together) - when we are at gate 11 waiting the flight to board the boarding counter person called me and said that i wanted to change the seat and i did not agree but he change it saying something wrong with the seat ( and not to make any trouble or problem in airport i kept quiet and i said i will file complain)
the flight was full and i checked my seat and no problems with it and an old lady was seated their and out of respect i did not say anything but really i felt heart for all these changes for my seat and my brother and my sister
also the flight was delayed around 1 hr, seats are small and prices not cheap
so we had a really bad experiences with emirates air line and

we will never choose this courier again...................................... never ... never , sorry but we were expecting more from a professional courier like Emirates Airlines
Mohamed Thaer Aldibsawi

Customer Rating

On March 18, 2013 we checked in flight Ek 241 from Dubai to Toronto. Flight took off late by an hour from Dubai for some unexplained reason. FIVE hours into the flight towards Toronto, the entertainment units and half of the lavatories stopped working due to electrical failure in A380. The decision was made to return to Dubai. We were tired and depressed because I had to go to work and my wife was supposed to write an exam on March 19, 2013.
We reached Dubai around 6 pm and then long line ups were waiting for us. After a struggle of two hours we reached to our hotel around 8 pm. The hotel was substandard with single beds.
Next day on March 19, 2013 there were again long line ups to get on the bus to go to airport. We stood in line at 7:30 am and it was 8:15 and we were still waiting to get on to the bus. I lost my patience and hired a private taxi to reach airport.
After that, another 14 hours flight was waiting for me. Me and my wife after this long struggle fell sick in flight and could not reach to work on time and brought my reputation to question. It was a worst experience of my life.

I think Emirates need to be more prudent towards the maintenance of their fleet of aircraft. Their negligence to do their duty properly, can damage people life or loss of jobs and wages.
I think Emirates must apologies from all passengers of Ek241 and there should be some compensation in order.

Companies Like Emirates Airlines