Emirates Airlines Customer Service

Contact Emirates Airlines Corporate

Emirates Airlines is one of the world's largest internation airlines. If you have a comment or feedback about a recent experience, call customer service at (+9714) 708 1111. If you would like to direct your complaint to headquarters, the mailing address provided on the website is Emirates Group HQ, PO Box 686, Dubai.

Common issues include flight delays, change fees, billing problems, and rude employees. Although in some rare cases fliers even reported damaged luggage in excess of $1,000. If you have a problem to report, please let us know by leaving your information on our website.

Upset with Emirates Airlines?

File a complaint here!

Reach Emirates Airlines Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Emirates Airlines corporate office

Hours: 07:00-15:30, Sunday-Wednesday

Top Emirates Airlines Complaints

Today, 19/10/2016 I was flying from Dubai to Athens with EK 105. I was carrying a suitcase (14Kg), a briefcase (6.5Kg) and a case with my laptop (2Kg). Photo of the last two pieces attached. While checking in Emirates ground staff requested that I put my laptop in my suitcase because my hand baggage (briefcase+laptop) exceeded 7Kg. I complained to the supervisor but I was told that this is the rule.

There was actually one of Emirates staff with a scale checking the weight of the hand baggage. I have traveled everywhere in Europe and Asia with this briefcase and laptop and nobody ever told me that I could not hand carry these two pieces. To my surprise while on the plane I noticed that other passengers had much bigger and heavier hand baggage compared to mine.

Probably they were passengers in transit that started their journey from another airport where these unrealistic rules do not apply. However I felt that the rules do not apply to everybody. Whatever the case with the other passengers this incident is a good reason for me not to travel with Emirates again. It was probably my mistake that I did not listen to my travel agent in the first place who suggested to fly to Dubai with Qatar Airlines with cheaper ticket, good service and a lot more flexible regulations compared to this. I am sending you this email to express
the dissatisfaction of one of Emirates ex-customers.

Comment (0)

I was traveling from Beirut to Shanghai on 25 th August via flight no EK 954. I could not find my bag from the baggage belt. As was new in China so did not know anything about lost baggage. Secondly I had to travel from Shanghai to Harbin on China Southern so without intimating anyone I came to Harbin. From Harbin I made several calls to Shanghai airport as well as Emirates airline office but got no response. My very important articles were in the list bag. I'm attaching the necessary documents with this email. Please help me finding out my bag. Will be highly obliged. For information please use the following number or the same email.

Comment (0)

I recently had my wallet stolen at Sydney airport. Among other things there was a $250 Westfield gift voucher which I redeemed when my points were about to expire. I sent an email to the Emirates High Street asking them to cancel the card. Unfortunately this was done on a Saturday, as I had been in Adelaide and unable to retrieve the card number. The person who stole the card spent the $250 at various shops on the Sunday afternoon.

The police were informed. The only response I have received from Emirates was to the effect 'you didn't cancel it... and its not our problem'. This is hardly an example of an airline that prides it self on good customer relationship. The symbolic value of a courteous response from Emirates would have certainly softened the personal loss and the associated irritation.

As someone who at one stage was a gold Emirates flyer and who is flying business class with Emirates to Vienna in October this kind of service does not make me want to continue any association with Emirates. Unfortunately the relationship with Qantas, with whom I am a platinum frequent flyer, means that on future flights i will have to go to some trouble not to have to fly Emirates. But given poor service especially on my recent flights from Dubai to Sydney (June 2016) it will be worth there effort.

Comment (0)

The worst experience ever with The Emirates useless and careless staff at Dubai airport desk connection flight. After long trip from Madrid to Dubai back to Bahrain. Due to delay in Madrid and late arrival to Dubai although 45 minutes before my flight to Bahrain they decided to put me on next flight in 6 hours although I received a message from Emirates that the flight delayed by another one hour.so there was enough time me to reach the gate and make it. But it seemed that they had overbooked and wanted to refill their aircraft on other people cost.

Comment (0)

I had jewelry missing in my bag. My flight was on 20th July from Riyadh to Dubai at 1pm and from Dubai to Peshawar at 3:15 am. Probe into this case before i take any legal action against you. If you need any assistance from my side let me provide you.

Comment (0)

Dear Emirates team, On the first flight of our trip (flight number EK141, 30th June, from Dubai to Madrid) our main bag did not arrive with the same flight as us. We filed a complaint (PIR number: MADEK14045) via the lost luggage office of Madrid’s airport (please find the supporting documents attached).

The critical issue was that we travelled to Madrid for a wedding that took place the day after, on Friday 1st July in Aranjuez, a town close to Madrid, and all our clothes and accessorize for the wedding (dress, suit, shoes, etc.) were in the missing luggage. We kept calling the lost luggage office in Madrid during Thursday evening and Friday morning, and in all occasions they told us the bag was still missing and they did not know where it was or when we would get it back. Hence, we were forced to cancel the touristic activities we had initially planned for Thursday evening and Friday morning, and instead we had to go shopping to get decent clothes for the wedding.

This was not only extremely inconvenient, but it cost us a lot of money. We had already bought our wedding clothes in Dubai, where we live and work, and then we had to purchase them again due to the baggage loss. Therefore we urge you to take responsibility and bear the extra costs we had to bear due to this incident, summarized as follows (all receipts attached).

With regards to the second incident, Emirates cancelled our return flight from Entebbe to Dubai (booking reference: MSYAYW, flight EK730, ticket numbers 176 1607483182-3 for Marc and 176 1607483181-3 for Laura). This caused again an enormous inconvenience as we both had to work on Sunday 10th July; we had important meetings to attend and we suffered distress.

You can imagine how upset we are with the entire experience with Emirates. This is totally unacceptable. We were always telling everybody to take Emirates because it is -or so we believed- a first class airline. I have been living in Dubai for almost 10 years and I have never had such a disappointing experience before, neither from other airlines nor even low cost ones. I have flown with Emirates many times before and the level of customer satisfaction and excellence is seriously decreasing. Unless this whole inconvenience gets sorted and compensated immediately, or our perception of and trust with Emirates will be highly jeopardized.

Comment (0)

With humble respect this is to inform you that I was traveling in your flight on 29/6/16 but I couldn't complete my journey because suddenly I suffered with stomach pain so after taking suggestions by Doctor my journey had got cancelled. In between these I forgot my luggage in your plane so after 5 hrs when I got some relief I remembered that I forgot my luggage. So I went back at NAS baggage service at Kuwait airport to recover my luggage. Then I raised Property irregularity report. But I did not find luggage yet.. Scanned copy of Property irregularity report and air ticket And baggage claim card no. Has attached for your reference. Please do the needful. As soon as possible.

Comment (0)

I am passenger of flight EK0333 Manila to Dubai, I found Worm on my food, please see the attached image. I reported to your crew his name is Joseph and they don't have any action to help this.

Comment (0)

I was at the Mumbai airport at 4:10 pm. EK 803 9 May 1905 departure When my turn came to check in, I was told that the flight is overbooked you may not be able to travel on this flight. I working for Vancouver international Airport and Customer Service being my first priority would be to better phrase the statement and say Hello Sir we are Looking for Volunteers for not travel on this flight due to over booking and due to that we can offer a Round trip ticket to travel on the same route with a validity for full one year as an option. After great difficultly I realized that this is what he was offering me and he also mentioned that I have the right to say NO I need to fly on this flight.

I asked him what would be my next flight option he said Next flight out from Mumbai airport which is 10 pm and out of dubai at 2:25 I replied thats fine I am OK with. Sir, we will not be issuing you a boarding pass come and see the supervisor at 6 pm you may travel on this flight. Now that pissed me off I made my call for change in transport my onward bookings were put on hold. Stress was the right word. I asked them what is it you want you want me to travel or are you just using me you are spoiling the name of a reputed carrier and the bad word spread faster. At YVR we take this very seriously and tell the true you are using me to your benefit. Sir ! sorry you have to now travel on this flight you will get a 100 AED voucher. OK I said to myself pointless going on and on took the boarding pass upto Dammam and boarded the flight.

The service was so disoriented nobody new what was happening but not a word was uttered by me to the flight steward. The most worst substandard service. Well I was still not complaining things happen in Service industry and in aviation it is bound to happen. One hour before landing nobody came offering duty free So I approached the Male White flight steward and was sitting next to the emergency door near the gally he pick up the phone to call somebody and no one answers him. Keep the phone down and replies he is busy and will try to get in touch with him. So this take me to the next level of getting upset.

I get up go to two flight female steward and told them I got a voucher from Emirates I would like to use and I know what item I need to buy. One flight stewardess replies Sir its written here you can buy in the DUBAI DUTY FREE SHOPPING too, to that my response was I can ready English and I am not stupid to come to you. The next flight Stewardess replies sir we have many things to do and its a short flight we have to take care of everything. I responded to her do not damage the Image of your airline by telling your weakness I am a DUTY MANAGER at YVR International Airport for 10 years so don't vent out your problems to the customer which is very wrong.

Reaching DUBAI the ground staff got hold of me and said Sir, your flight has left due to inbound arriving late next flight is 225 am now I am in more stressful situation. He says there is nothing I could do to help you out and I told him it was not your fault. I am not making A issue here but please Emirates tell you staff be professional and let the Passenger vent and give him a ear so they become good ear doctors and I know Emirates offers good stuff to keep the passenger even with out the passenger requesting but let not be the staff telling the weakness to the passenger. Need more training and professionalism.

Hope you will take this advice and develop on to better encounter such situation.

Comment (0)

EK097 dubai to rome, sit no: 86A, one of your attendant make me feel shameful in public, he tell me that the bad smell is coming from me, reality is not from me, its came from sitting front of me, but he keep insisting. I feel discriminated and unprofessional treatment. This is not good for the company this attitude of attendant.

Comment (0)

Sat in 53G as I flew home to Mcr from Dubai on Tue 22/3/16. The very short legged woman in front out her seat back which meant 'the largest screen' was so in my face as I was unable to focus on the screen. She wasn't happy and very reluctantly put the seat up a little but only a little. Not as pleasant viewing for me as the journey could've been, made worse but various children occupying the bulkhead seats. The ICE wasn't an altogether pleasant viewing experience for me. Not looking forward to flying to Dubai again if I have this to look forward to.

Comment (0)

We traveled to Delhi on 2.02.16. Four suitcases were given in to load on the plane. There was on stop at Dubai where we were also requested by the person checking the boarding pass at the airport that we should also put are two hand luggage in the plane cargo as there was less room in the cabin. We agreed to this and handed the two hand luggage to them. When we arrived in Delhi and looked for our luggage we found that one suitcase and one hand luggage were missing. All our clothes and medicines were in the missing baggage we spoke to your ground staff in Delhi but they were very unhelpful and told us they could not do anything an we would have to wait and come back again to the Delhi Airport.

We spent nearly 4 hours at Delhi airport looking for our lost luggage without any help from your ground staff. Then we lodged a complaint and left the airport and foe four days we were without a change of clothes and medicines for blood pressure and diabetes as they were in r]the lost baggage. And everyday we contacted your staff at Delhi airport but got no satisfactory answer. Finally after four days our luggage was found And delivered to us. We always travel with you but we were very disappointed this time because of the baggage problem. We want a full investigation into the matter, it was of great inconvenience to us and we should get some sort of compensation for all the trouble caused to us.

Comment (0)

I travelled from London Heathrow to Dubai on 9th March 2016 in EK0004 and from Dubai to Sri Lanka in EK0654, on 10th March 2016. During my journey I lost one of my two bags and was in great stress as I had an important document to be delivered in Sri Lanka. I trust that Emirates is one of the finest airlines in the world and I am unable to come out of this stress though I was promised that the luggage will be handed over to me on 11th March 2016.

I am not claiming for anything but would like to mention that I am returning from Melbourne - Tullamarine in EK0409 on 28th March to Dubai and again the same date from Dubai to London Heathrow in EK0003. I kindly request you to make my journey relaxed and comfortable by upgrading my travel. Hopefully I receive my baggage without further delays.

Comment (0)

I traveled on Feb 27 2016 by flight EK 219 from Dubai to Orlando. I was seating in seat 21D. From Dubai my T.V nor the light was working. I request the attendant to fix it. They tried there level best to fix it but could not. They apologize to me for inconvenience. I could not read or watch TV during the whole flight time, and really got bored. I am a regular traveler and frequent flyer member. I requested to file a report with customer service about the flight attendant, and they told me they will send this report of inconveniences to your appropriate office.

Comment (0)

Me and my family three people we travel together from BKK to Dubai in the date of 18/2/1016. We arrived at the airport at 9:00pm for checking after checking they give us the boarding pass the we have to wait to the boarding screen to tell us which gate do we go on, we wait up to 11:30 pm then the stuff came and tell us that the FLT has been delayed but they wasn’t any information up to 3:00 am then they come and take us to lounge because all hotels rooms are full.

The problem is my father come from the operation kidney transplant and I my self was donor my father was getting better after the hospital give us a discharge they tell us he must get rest very well but he couldn’t get that rest because of the torture him me and my mother and making him sleep on the floor for five hours and he just finish his operation two weeks before it destroy him physically and mentally he need to eat a proper food and vegetable so he can take his medicine very well also he has his diabetic medication need to be on the fridge or they will be destroyed we couldn’t do any of those coz we didn’t know what do when they put us on the lounge and I a donor also need to have a big rest and relaxed instead the FLT made us sleep on the couch.

We aspect a good and well flight from emirates but all we have got was tortured and hard time for our self especially that we are just finish our transplant kidney operation medical process at the Bumrungrad international hospital in BKK.

Comment (0)

I have already payed for extra luggage and they allowed me to take my hand luggage and a laptop bag. I thought I was allowed to take my hand luggage for free but I end up payed $192. I have attached both the receipt for your information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment (0)

I feel compelled to write this email with a growing sense of urgency and sheer frustration at what started out as a simple request for wheelchair assistance and has turned into a bureaucratic nightmare. Time is fast running out and we are still involved with to and fro correspondence that is never ending.

My complaint is about Emirates Airlines Customer Service Sales, please take note of the following info (2 Paragraphs) that we are referring to Emirates at Dubai, they also include information relevant to yourselves and the other content requires questions to be answered by yourselves, and is factually relevant for Emirates Dubai. cc to Info@Emirates (Please note I am asking for Head Office Dubai's help in resolving what has become a never ending round of information seeking by your medical team (Australia) that would appear to be unjustified in light of the following).

My Wife is being treated in a manner that would seem to be recognizing her as a high risk passenger health wise, when the exact opposite is true, see below. My Wife is due to fly out on the 28th February. Time is now running very short and we are still unsure of what is happening. We are seeking your intervention to resolve this issue speedily.

We have used Emirates on many occasions, especially since the year 2000, and have always made the same request for Wheelchair assistance. Once the medical condition has been explained, authorisation has always been given, the same can be said of other airlines we have used since 1996. Since 2000 Emirates has been the airline we have favoured most as we have always had excellent service. Our most recent travel by Emirates was in March, May and June 2013. Unfortunately I now have to report the following issue.We have never been subjected to the type of intense screening that we are experiencing now, even though it is the same medical condition we have always stated in the past. Can you please answer why this is happening. What has changed since 2013 that could possibly warrant such intensive scrutiny now. My Wife's condition has been stable for many many years, and she is classed on her medical form / letter as being of a very low risk category. Therefore, why is this happening?

Why also are we being subjected to such intense scrutiny with never ending demands for more information, more tests etc. I ask that you answer the following question. There would obviously be many of the other passengers who are classed as low risk, have they been treated in the same manner? if not ,why not? Why have we been singled out? There are more than likely passengers that are in a much higher risk category than Gillian, have these been subject to the same intensity as Gillian, if not, why not? We requested a wheelchair in November 2015. The agent contacted us to say you required us to fill out some forms, this we did even though we have never had to fill out these type of forms previously.

We heard nothing more until February 15th this year when the agent notified us that you were now requesting an air saturation test. For your information this request at such short notice posed a lot of problems as there is only one Hospital that carries out such a test, this is in Perth which involves a round trip from where we live of 5 Hours, plus also an appointment which was very difficult to arrange at such short notice. You should receive the results in the coming week, for your information the specialist remarked that Gillian passed with flying colours, but could not understand why the test had been requested as Gillian does not need Oxygen and never has done. If you had noticed in the medical form, sections Media 10 down to bottom of the page all answers are in the negative including special needs such as Oxygen, yet having had this medical certificate you still requested the travel agent to contact us to see if Gillian needed Oxygen, a question that should never have been asked if the form had been read.

I think that covers most of which I have to say, from this you will see that I have every valid reason to be dissatisfied with the way we appear to have been singled out for such intensive scrutiny. No doubt you will drag out all tried and tested tired old excuses as justification for your actions. However, no excuse can ever explain why you have acted in this manner, nor can it be justified in light of the fact we have travelled many times especially with Emirates and have never been subjected to this treatment before.

What should have been a joyous occasion for my wife i.e. Family gathering for her Mother's 90th Birthday plus a Marriage for her to attend has now been soured by your actions. A lot of money has been outlayed on this trip, please remember that, and treat us as we have always been treated by Emirates, with dignity and respect.

Comment (0)

I booked Cairo, Dubai and back to Cairo from the Emirates Airlines corporate office in Cairo AIRPORT OFFICE IN Egypt with one of your staff called Khaled, I asked for a window seat because my wife is very religious, he told me the window at the back of the plane and I agree and discovered after that it wasn't window and he cheated me of he doesn't know his job. I'm very upset because I told him I can go for business for the getting window but he said no need. Flight number 924 on 10/2 I called him and it is mistake and forgive me which is not accepted in an airline like Emirates Airlines.

Comment (0)

This is a worst service from EMIRATES, above ticket we purchase online thru Credit card and cancelled ticket , requested for refund same day or next. Its been 4-5 months but still we did not received amount. When checked, we are not able to get any information both in India and Qatar. Could you please tell us how much time it normally take to refund? Not 4-5 months i guess.

Comment (0)

I have been a long standing customer of emirates airlines and along with me many of my friends were decided to forego emirates and choose other service providers due to various reasons like very poor customer service when we call in to book tickets, horrible ticket booking system which breaks most of the time, etc. We have been trying to book tickets through emirates.com and we are getting "Emirates is experiencing technical difficulties" error message consistently for several days.

We tried different computers, tablets, phones with different browsers like Internet Explorer 11, Chrome 47, Firefox 41 and still the issue persists. When we call the customer service, they are either hanging up or denying that the site was working. Looks like emirates don’t want business from us. I am writing this email in desolation that at least this would get you started working on fixing things. Meanwhile, I will have to make a conscious decision of not choosing emirates.

Comment (0)

Kindly I would like to complain about one of your colleague Daiana Viveros who works in Emirates corporate office and who sell tickets to people and cancelled at the last minute. I would highly appreciate if you could get me in touch with her manager regarding this situation.

Comment (27)

I landed today 16 Jan 2016 early morning 3:00 A.M. from Amman to Bangalore via Dubai. I reached home, with my sleepy eyes after a tiring long journey I found out that not only my Check-in bag's lock was broken but the chain was also damaged. I have been travelling by flights since I was 6 or 7 years via domestic as well as international, but this kind of incident never has happened with me. This experience has been very heart breaking as my bag is now use less for further travels. This bag was gifted by my dad and was very close to my heart. Please revert back with appropriate solution. Photos attached for reference for quick resolution.

Comment (0)

I have been using Emirates for a long while now but I must admit I am very unhappy on this occasion. My wife found that my son’s passport had expired when she was leaving Pakistan and was at the airport. The check in staff would not let him travel. However, when my travel agent (Cloud 9) spoke to Emirates, they informed the travel agent that there was no reason why he could not travel. Emirates tried to call the check in staff at the airport but they did not respond.

Emirates informed us with the following data: “Passengers with a British passport with nationality of British Citizen shown on the bio-data page are allowed to enter with an expired passport." Person travel agent spoke to at Emirates: Ricardo. Reference provided: PLTIMS. Number provided: 0344 800 2777. Booking reference: UK467893, Issue Date: 10-Oct-15. Now I am being told by the travel agent that it will cost my wife and two sons at least 245 GBP each. That’s 735 GBP in total at least. I am struggling as it is, my wife and children have been in Pakistan for over a month now. It’s costing me so much money to keep them there.

Comment (0)

I would like to inform you of the traumatic experience my wife and I had -- deportation from Bali Indonesia. We were booked on flight EK 764 to Dubai and Bali on Sunday, 3 January 2016. All went as planned until we landed in Bali. There, officials informed me that my passport was invalid. Since my passport only expires 7 February 2016 and our holiday was planed for 10 days, I was under the impression everything was in order. Our departure date from Bali was 14 January 2016. However, the authorities at the airport in Bali informed us that, according to Indonesian law, passports need to still be valid for at least another six months.

We were treated like criminals and three hours later, we were deported from Bali back to South Africa on the first available flight, (EK 399). I am extremely angry and most upset. This entire ordeal was not my fault. My passport only expires 7 February 2016. My complaint is: why did ground personnel allow us to fly all the way to Bali? According to the officials at Bali Airport, all airlines are aware of the Indonesian stipulation.

We usually fly Emirates and therefore I am really disappointed and feel we are let down. I want to be reimbursed for the costs of the tickets because this entire ordeal was very humiliating and traumatic for us. In fact the whole trip was a disaster. Spending three days on aeroplanes and in airports, wearing the same clothes and being guarded like criminals, is no joke. We were robbed of a well-deserved holiday that we had been looking forward to.

I have always been most impressed with the service of Emirates Airlines but I will be compelled to inform the public of our ordeal to ensure others do not suffer the same fate. I hope to hear from you soon.

Comment (0)

I have bought the tickets numbers 176 2184961073 and 176 2184961074 in 23 January 2015. For some reason i could not travel and I went to EMIRATES office in Luanda Angola to cancel the ticket and have my money back. I was told that it would take 45 days to have my Money back which I considered to be a long time since no one in this office was able to show me a written prove or contract which states that passengers should wait for such a long time.

It was a kind of a verbal rule. To overcome this situation I was advised that i could leave the ticket open and travel when ever I could since the tickets were valid for one year. I could return to Emirates office in Luanda and they could reissue another ticket. In December 2015 I decided to travel to Dubai since my ticket was still valid. For my surprise I was told a different story from the same officer: This ticket requires you to pay almost 52% of the initial value due to the Kwanza devaluation or you will have to cancel this and have your Money back. Does Emirates have reasons to believe that customers do not have the right for timely information?

Why should I bear the costs for this kind of poor service provided by the Emirates office in Luanda? What is meant by a one year ticket from the Emirates standpoint?. Thus the Emirates takes into account THE TIME VALUE OF MONEY? I agree Emirates my charge me a fee to reissue the ticket as per information given to me initially, but to pay 52% of the value on a one year ticket is very unfair. I am looking forward to ear from you very soon since I am planning to return to Emirates office in Luanda 11 January 2016.

Comment (0)

I would like to share a complaint about a bad experience on luggage with Emirates, first time I write to you but second time it happens. 2 years ago, I received my luggage with 1 wheel missing and 2 enormous impact on it. I went to Emirates customer service and they fixed it. Last Monday, same thing happened. If the wheel is not missing, it is totally out of the luggage, I have pictures I can share. Frankly, I am not that difficult but if every-times I have to worry about my luggage, what kind of trip and experience is that? I have no idea where or how it happens, but do note that I travel very often (PPS member on Singapore airlines) and it never happened on any other company. I wish you to improve your corporate policy and way of managing the luggage because customers care about experiences, and this one is bad.

Comment (0)

To Emirates corporate complaint dept. I arrived at the check in at Bangkok 10.30 pm Tuesday 29.12 .15 to catch the 2.35 am EK149 departure Wednesday December 30 2015 to Dubai. Here I was given my two boarding cards BKK to Dubai AND Dubai to Manchester. PLEASE NOTE the time when I checked on the Manchester flight from Dubai which should not have not affected my seat. My first flight had been good I arrived in Dubai fine. After this is when the nightmare started. I arrived at the Dubai to Manchester gate 19 For flight EK17 at 6.50 am, boarding shut at 7am as stated on my boarding card. I did not stop anywhere as there was no time as I had to clear security and get to the gate before it closed.

When I got to gate check-in I gave my boarding pass to the lady who scanned my boarding card. There was a beep, she said I would have to see the supervisor. The male supervisor informed me that I could not get on the flight as my flight was late and they had given the seat to some one else? I informed him the flight was not late and I was here at 6.50 am, 10 minutes before the gate shut and people where arriving after me. This individual was quite rude to me and was not interested in helping me. I was quite taken aback at the way he responded to me, which in effect left me disgusted and upset. He showed no empathy or consideration for my situation. He told me I had to go to the Emirates desk to reschedule my flight. This was a joke as I had a boarding pass to get on this flight. Emirates let me down and caused me a lot of stress. My flight was changed to 2.35pm and this flight was delayed also by nearly 1 hour.

As a frequent flyer with your airlines I am extremely disappointed at the treatment I received upon my return to Manchester. I do not understand why I was refused a seat when I was on time? This was not my error! I also believe that the customer service I received was not acceptable. To be honest I think you need to train your staff how to deal with situations like this in a more sympathetic way, as they don't appear to have the appropriate people skills to handle a situation like this one. I have also been on social media to see if this has happened to anyone else and read that this is getting to be a regular occurrence with Emirates. I will seriously consider alternate airlines if this problem is not resolved.

Comment (13)

Today was a sad day for me.... i was not expecting what has happened. i have regret all the advises i have done to all my friends recommending Emirates airlines. Today Emirates airlines STOLE the joy of my kids...i am traveling with Emirates airline to all countries and extensively for long and short trips, Africa, Asia... etc... you can see how many tickets i have bought in a short period.of time...am i going to travel with your air lines any more? I know I am a small no. in your big volume and may be i will not affect your operation and you will continue without hundreds like me or maybe thousands.... but i am still a Customer, what you have done for me today i wish will not happen to my enemy... cause my enemy kids need to play and and enjoy the Christmas with presents and gadgets.

My kids today cried and i will not forgive for this... i was in a bad situation ... cannot talk... i have no words. Many times when i was traveling on your airlines i saw the hostess distributing some gadgets for the kids... now i am asking my self is this true? Anyway, My story is as follows:

I had my boarding pass at today's flight EK 0953/22 from Dubai to Beirut, gave my luggage and went to the gate...at the time of the plane boarding giving the boarding pass to the hostess to scan it, she told me that your luggage need to be inspected, waiting for almost 30 mins then i have told the hostess that the plane will take off in a short period of time...so how far? after a while a guy came and said lets go to inspect the luggage ... we went to an officer , i have opened the luggage and he searched, then he said, you have a scooter 'Air board ' and EMIRATES AIR LINES DO NOT ALLOW THIS ON THE PLANE'... I said this is a toy sold in the market and not weapon... the guy said i execute orders.

He took it ..without giving any receipt ...which i have asked for...it is my right... i have paid more than 500 $ for the scooter how you take it? I can find an excuse that this scooter has a battery...but hundreds of the laptops inside the plane cabins are there... they are carrying the same lithium batteries. I want MY scooter which i have paid for ( my local no. is 00971506167333 ), Ek 335440, Luggage sticker.

Comment (0)

I booked on Emirates Airlines a one way flight from Cairo to Auckland and the layover is 10 hours, when i called the center I discovered that my husband is not eligible for a hotel stay through "Dubai Connect" because he has a Syrian nationality. Although he already has a resident visa in New Zealand. This is DISCRIMINATION and breaking human legal rights. If i knew this before booking i wouldn't have booked on this airline. This should have been written or mentioned when I'm trying to book from the beginning, so I could not book on this airline from the beginning.

Comment (0)

I would like to set a complaint about the Emirates Airlines team regarding the delay in my flight from Tampa to Dxb on 19th of December, 2015. The plane should take off at 10:20 p.m on 19th of December, 2015. However it delayed till 5:30 a.m on 20th of December, 2015. This delay affected my work and the duties I have to submit. All my plans were cancelled as well on that day. I am so upset for that. I am a regular customer with Emirates Airlines and this may affect my coming trips. I will not trust this airline as before! I know there are uncontrolled things which causes delay, but i will accept an hour of delay or two hours delay not seven.

Comment (0)

On 27 Nov, I checked in 1 luggage covered with an elastic protective case (baggage tag : EK 182963) at the Kuwait airport through to Johannesburg (EK856 ->EK765) via Dubai. Upon arrival at Johannesburg, I found my luggage arrived without the protective case, and the 2 month old new luggage ended up with a lot more scratches that were not there before. I'm not sure why the handles would remove the protective cover, which is intended to protect the new case from mishandling. I've used this luggage with the protective cover about 3 times through SQ & Qantas for the past 2 months and there was no issue. Hence, I would like to seek compensation from Emirates corporate offices for a replacement of the missing luggage protector and the preventable defacement on my luggage resulting from mishandling of the luggage. I would appreciate very much that Emirates would look into this matter and reply to my email, however they have not up to this point. That is why I will contact the compliant department to hopefully escalate the situation.

Comment (0)

I flew both ways business class Boise to Ahmedabad (India) via Seattle in 2014 and 2015, I was very disappointed with the quality of food. Before these flights the food was reasonably good. In both trips they have damaged my luggage. I really did not file a complain because I had no intention of flying Emirates again. However, I may have to fly next year so I am submitting a complain hoping things may change.

Comment (0)

I was traveling as usual to manila from Kuwait the staff members in the business class was excellent very friendly and helpful, but the staff on Emirates Airlines hosting the flight from dubai to manila was very unhelpful from the first one. Name is Mohammed when he served the food to me he doesn't like it and he didn't serve to me the breakfast on the flight from dubai to manila and he didn't bother to give me the form of health conditions to be filled by passenger just when I left to toilet when I return bake I found it on the side of my glass cup holder and this hostess he look at me in bad way when he take the blanket from my side and when I have tried to fill the form before the landing because he have given it to me at the last moments he is telling me close the try in rude way. I am telling you food is not important to me if you have this person serve the food in the future flights of Emirates Airlines I will not have it even the other staff hostess the ask the other passenger besides me and ignoring me.

Comment (0)

I have registered with emirates group careers for a couple of years now concerning job offers. I would like to know what the chances are for a person with African origins to be employed. I have posted for various types of jobs that i know i can handle but after reading quite a number of forums of Africans being discriminated. Do we have to obtain a European or American passport to be accepted?

Comment (0)

I am very disappointed about the service which Emirates provided and here is my problem. I have booked flight tickets from Dallas to Bangalore with infant bassinet and they confirmed the seating as well and when I checked in they said they don't have bassinet and they given different seats for all four of us. Am attaching booked/confirmed tickets and tickets which I got it from when I got into. I have very good opinion about the Emirates and now it's worst ever service which I come across so far.Please take it into the issue and am ready to provide detailed information.

Comment (0)

The crew are very noisy, they talk so loud during the whole trip with personal issues which were the first time I experienced this with top list airlines, they won't shut the curtain by their working station so the lights came through the cabin the whole time. They came to you with their mouth eating, which is quite awful as service industry and when I required snacks, they turn me down quite rude said this is the serving meal time and they couldn't do it but never said they will bring it to me after the meal and so asked me to turn the service light off although most of the top list aitlines would never response like this, I am quite disappointed by the stars they gave to Emirates and it is way below my expectations.

Comment (0)

Our flight was from Birmingham UK-Dubai-Manila on October 10,2015. We arrived Manila 11:00 @ night, waited at the carousel for 50 minutes, only to find out that one of our checked in luggage was left in Dubai. We fill up a form at the Emirates counter and have to proceed to our final destination in another city which is 1 hr flight from Manila. Upon our arrival, we have to buy for my husbands shirt, trouser, underwear and other personal things that was not within our budget. And the main reason we're filing a complaint is because of my husbands medications that was in the suitcase. He should take all these tablets without fail everyday, and that time he needed his inhaler but there was nothing to use. My husband suffered too much for not taking his medicines for three days, because we only received our luggage on Wednesday 14th of Oct.

We also have to spend for our taxi fare from the hotel to the airport and back to collect the suitcase at Iloilo International Airport.That three days of waiting was like hell, there was too much arguing & tension and we didn't do anything, we just waited for phone call from Emirates personnel which at most times we have to do the effort and ring because it was like waiting for eternity and nothing was happening. Emirates owe to compensate us for all the hassles & problems that situation had caused us. We look forward to hearing from you.

Comment (0)

I have booked tickets with specification of Hindu Vegetarian meal. Since, I was too tired, I have pasted the slip marking Wake Up while Meal is availble. However, the cabin crew did not wake me up. And, while I have woke up, the crew said the vegetarian meal is not available. So, why do you want to.ask that while we book tickets?? Waste of time and no use of setting the expectation. I decided to not have the meal. The crew compelled me to have something, but when I asked for the fruits, the crew said they cannot offer anything like that but can only give whatever comes with the meal except the non veg part of the meal. Is there any meaning in asking the preferences anytime, or you just expect the customers to run and get the meal of their preference before others do? It's okay if the meal is not available, but why do you ask for preference and reject it every time?

Comment (0)

Dear Emirates team, I would like to share this with you after I never got a feedback. Not really a complaint, more a friendly request. My flight was upgraded to Business class due to miles collected. The aircraft was a fantastic A380! Pick up in Madrid train station was agreed (the Emirates office was very adamant that I get collected over there). However, after waiting 25 minutes for the driver who never showed up I took a taxi to the airport. He called later, but I was nearly at the airport by then. Could not ask every man standing around if he is my driver....

The flight took off, great seat and very nice staff. Had a wonderful meal, then settled for some rest and cinema. However, that was the moment a gentleman directly in front of me had a medical issue and kind of collapsed in his seat. For the next 3 hours I was standing in the corridor assisting the man together with another Gentleman who turned out to be a GP, I am a Consultant Anesthesiologist. Patient improved. I was the last passenger to leave the aircraft after handing over the patient to the medical crew in Dubai who was boarding the aircraft upon landing.

Staff was nice, but the question by the senior flight crew staff if I know my medical license number put me really off. Would I assist a patient under circumstances in an aircraft (very limited equipment and not really medically trained staff from the point of view of an Anesthetist....) if I would be a teacher? Certainly not. However I followed my oath to take care of the guy. After leaving the aircraft nobody really cared that my luggage was still spinning in circles and sadly nobody offered me a ride home (live close to the airport). Would have been nice at 3 am. However, Emirates Airlines is a very good airline, and I will fly next time again with you, I just would like to ask if you would consider to upgrade one flight for me in future again to Business class for this lost experience? Kneeling 3 hours in the corridor was below Economy (:-) Otherwise no hard feelings at all.

Comment (0)

I booked a ticket though your airline and when I was planing to book a ticket for my mother so she can join me and I can take care of her in most of her trip from Canada to Baghdad, I was shocked to know that there were no complementary hotel for my mother. Even though she would have same ticket price, and would have to wait for 17 hours !!! the reason my mother is still holding Iraqi passport your customer service statement was " Iraqi passenger are prohibited from using visa transit hotel". So now I need to know why Emirates airline passengers who hold Iraqi passport cant have a complementary staying in transit hotel. Even though the time of their waiting is more than 12 hours. Previously it was visa problem for Iraqi people which is no longer a valuable reason as the Iraqi people get the visa today very easy when they travel via Fly Dubai, why Emirates Airline insists to use the discrimination phrase and stated Iraqi passenger are prohibited from using visa transit hotel? I need to know why I have to send my mother who is 76 years old for another airline and not keeping her with me. I need an answer for this insulting, is UAE following human rights. Is Emirates Airline has any reason in order to break its own regulation except one reason which is discrimination. I need to have an answer from someone from Emirates corporate offices to answer my complaint.

Comment (0)

Regretfully I have two separate complaints. The first is regarding a lost item on flight EK28 from Glasgow to Dubai on the 12th of September 2015. This was my Kindle Fire, which, after contacting Emirates lost and found department, they confirmed that it had been found and asked me to confirm I would pay any customs duty which would be incurred to return my item by FedEx. I did all this immediately but to date have heard no more. The reference number is 092847. The communication has been from a lady called Odessa Mendoza in Dubai airport. Would you please investigate this matter on my behalf?
My second complaint is regarding my return flight from Mauritius on the 27th September 2015. Flight number EK704 at 22.05.

I was allocated seat 82K but chose to sit in seat number 82J as my partner Mr Jack, does not like a middle seat. Whilst I appreciate that safety is the main priority and that in flight entertainment may seem like a trivial matter, for a 6 hour flight my monitor was in an upside down position. Very boring. The crew rebooted the monitor several times but to no avail. It was my partner who worked out that it had been installed up side down and needed an engineer to reinstall it in the correct position. A member of cabin crew did ask for my email address and I did think that by now I would have had some sort of apology for this from Emirates customer Services department. I think this is worthy of note as I am sure I am not the first person to have noticed this on board that particular plane. Your thoughts on both these matters would be greatly appreciated. A timely reply would be appreciated.

Comment (0)

I am writing this email with sincere heartache with what i have experienced on my recent trip with your airlines Emirates EK21 on 22/09/2015 at 3.00am from DXB to MANC. I am a regular traveller with your airlines simply due to the reason of it being reputable, however on this trip i have been left mortified and afraid with traveling with your airlines. On my way back from DXB i purchased a valuable gift for my wife from DXB duty free. Whilst traveling the gift was placed in the cabin like all the other passengers placing their luggage in the same place. Upon arriving at Manchester i simply forgot about the gift and carried on out of the airplane. This was simply due to lack of sleep and being tired whilst traveling.

When i was collecting my luggage i remembered about the gift. I was in shock and disappointed in myself that I could do such a thing however i immediately informed one of your employees that was near the luggage area. I was left disappointed when your employees basically told me to forget the item as they will not be able to retrieve it. The gifts value was substantial and being told to forget about it made me even more upset and made me question your loyalty with customers. It wasn't until a short while later that i became really frustrated knowing that i was let down by a reputable airline being a frequent traveler, i felt totally helpless and had no choice but to contact the police with the item being an expensive gift which your employees failed to understand. Upon the police arriving and further inquiries being made the bag was found!

Had i walked away taking on board information given to me by your employees which is heart aching and made me question your customer service i would not have been able to retrieve my gift. Instead being totally helpless and unsupported i had to go the extra mile and contact the police. This has totally made me question your employees honesty for the airlines which reflects your reputation and has left me scarred and afraid to travellng with your airlines again.

Comment (0)

Waiting to take off on EK787. For twenty minutes, passengers kept trying to cram oversized bags into the overhead bin. No cabin crew presence for support or redirection. A passengers duty free bottles came crashing down on my head (I was seated in the aisle) Sustained major injury to my face and bleeding everywhere. Their main concern was to cover themselves. A "medical team" came on board to "assess" me. That was a farce. As a medical professional, I know they did not ask me the proper questions or assess me correctly to determine if I may have had a concussion. No attempt to reposition me elsewhere on the aircraft.

Comment (1)

I am writing this email considering the situation of two passengers at emirates airlines: Mahmood Salim AL DHuhli and Hisham Mahmood Al-Nabhani. We are students studying at Oregon State University at USA. We always use Emirates airlines for out travels since we have a great point of view toward this airline. However, I have some concerns regarding my last travel. Here is the situation: We booked a ticket on 10th of June 2015 by using Webjet agency for two ways ticket. The route of the flight is PDX to SEA to DXB to MCT.

We decided to make some changes on the last part DXB to MCT which had a transit for about 7 hours. I made a call to Webjet agency to make the change and or cancel this final trip and they gave us a very expensive rate for $600 for each ticket to cancel this final route and book a separate ticket to minimize the time of waiting at DXB. In addition they gave us another solution which saying that we book another ticket and ignore this one and left it as it is. Then we wanted to meme sure if that works, so we called Emirates customer service and explain the situation to them.

They also had this suggestion of making another booking for DXB to MCT and ignore the other trip that requires us to wait about 7 hours in Dubai. We decided to make this idea and when we tried to use the other part of the ticket which has a route of MXT to DXB to SEA to PDX we got a problem on our ticket. They told us that our ticket is suspended and we are supposed to pay some money to use the ticket and go to PDX. This was unsatisfied to us by paying about $2000 for both of us. This is very unbelievable situation and we really need a good response for this situation. I am attaching the references numbers of both tickets.

Comment (0)

I traveled Emirates Airline flight Emirates (EK) 225 as Business Class passenger (JH4CKJ) from Dubai to San Francisco on 18th September. I started having little bit of itching in the last hour or so before landing. Subsequently I had developed blebs and itching all over the body and am taking anti allergic medicines since then. I am sure this was some sort of insect bite on the plane. the reason I am saying that is that an announcement was made on the plane for a medical doctor on board. I being a doctor made myself know to the crew staff and then was asked to see a passenger. This young man also had a large swelling on his arm which was clearly allergic in nature and was itchy.

I told him it was some form of insect bite and because it was getting better no emergency medicine was needed. I would really like to bring this into the notice of the highest authorities as the cleanliness and hygiene of the plane needs to be seriously looked at and I would like to launch a complaint as it has seriously affected me on my trip where I am attending an important medical conference. This is very unfortunate too as emirates is one of the best airlines in the world and such happening can severely affect its reputation. How can I go for the compensation?

Comment (0)

I and my husband traveled with tickets with confirmation numbers. We always prefer to travel through Etihad Airways because it is good airline. I would like to bring on record that the agency at Dubai, which arranges the wheelchair is really tarnishing the image of Etihad. They cheat the passenger and force them to walk on foot at one pretext or at another. Just after landing of the Aircraft they would say , " walk a little you will get the wheelchair".

On insistence they would provide wheelchair, which would drop you in the Buggi that takes to the office of Danta. They before one hour of the departure of the plane would send you in Buggi to the boarding gate and the driver will insist on the passenger to walk to the boarding gate. This happened to us in Dubai during our journey both ways that is while while going to Pakistan and on return to USA. On both occasion a lot effort was made to convince them that both me and my husband could not walk.

The officials of Dnata working their try to cheat the passenger Their intentions are always to deprive the passenger of the facility, which emirate promises to provide in the tickets. This is for your kind information and necessary action.

Comment (0)

I was trying to book flight tickets through your official website on Friday (21-May-2015) from Mumbai to Stockholm. In my first three attempts to pay for the ticket, the Emirates website displayed a ‘payment failed’ message. The 4th attempt to pay for the ticket went through successfully. However, when I later checked my bank accounts, the amount had got deducted 4 times. I checked with the banks, and they said that the transactions were successful from their end even if the tickets were not booked.

On 26th May I wrote a mail to Emirates asking for refund and since then I call up customer care team everyday to get an update on my refund request. But till now , I have not received any satisfactory reply from them and neither my amount has been refunded back.

Comment (0)

My name is Jehad M.W. Ismail. I am an emirate frequent flyer since 2003. My frequent flyer number is EK 128551312. I am writing to you a complaint because I flew out of Sydney, Austrailia on Wednesday, June 9th on flight EK 412 bound for Dubai and then to JFK on Friday, June 12. Unfortunately, I was not able to continue my journey Sent from my iPhone.

When I initially checked in at the Emirates check in counter in Sydney, I presented my passport and my ESTA authorised documents who advised me that I should present my ESTA visa again once I check in at Dubai airport. I was not informed of any issues with my documents or visa and therefore was cleared to board the plane towards Dubai.

On the the morning of Friday, June 12th, I went to the airport after I checked in online for my forward journey to JFK. When I arrived at check in counter at the airport in Dubai, I presented my documents and my ESTA visa, as I was advised to do so, and only then I was told for the first time that my ticket had been suspended and without providing any more details, I was asked to speak with the ticketing and reservation. After visiting the ticketing and reservation department, I was then directed to speak with the ground supervisor near the business class counters.

After visiting the ground supervisor, I was then told that the US had requested Emirate security to not allow me to board the plan. I was then told by the ground supervisor to visit the US embassy in Dubai to clear the matter with them. The staff at Emirates mislead me, which resulted in 1) me staying at Dubai at my own expense in order to visit the US embassy and 2) I lost the amount I had paid for all of the sectors of my ticket.

First, the Emirate staff knew or reasonably should know as an employee of an airline that the US embassy is closed Friday’s and Saturdays. As an employee for a major international airline, the staff should also know that I cannot just go in person to a US embassy and speak to them about this issue, especially since I am not a US citizen. I personally learned this of this information after I stayed stayed in Dubai, at my own expense, to visit the US embassy as Emirates advised me to do.

As a gold member who spends at least $12,000 a year flying with Emirates, I was not offered any sort of accommodations while this issue was being cleared. In fact, I was actually asked to buy my own local SIM card, in order to get in touch with the US embassy. I stayed in Dubai for a total of 4 days in order to find out why I could not continue my journey to the US, but was still not provided an answer as I was told that the decision would be mailed to my home address.

Second; after learning the information from the US embassy, I call Emirates to explain my issue and to get details on how I can use my ticket to fly back to Australia, but was told by the supervisor on duty that I cannot because I cannot use my ticket out of sequence. I was not helped by the supervisor, but instead was told that “I can’t help you.” The supervisor asked me to call back Tuesday morning at 8am to find out what I can do.

Again, following the advice of Emirates, I call back the next day, only to have to repeat myself to the agent and ask for a supervisor again. The supervisor finally agreed to send me back to Australia, but was advised that I would lose all of the other connections / sectors of my ticket and I cannot use them in the future to fly elsewhere. From a $3,200 (USD) ticket, I was only refunded the taxes totaling approximately $500 in Australian dollars.

This is completely unacceptable, especially for a frequent flyer who spends at least $12,000 a year traveling with Emirates. Had I initially been advised of the issue before I boarded in Sydney none of this would’ve happened. Even in Dubai I was not offered any sort of accommodation to help me as we figured out why I couldn’t travel to the US. After it was all said and done, I was only returned the tax portion of my ticket, am not even able to use the value of my ticket in the future traveling elsewhere. On top of it all, as a frequent flyer with Emirates, I was not even flown back to Sydney for free.

The customer service experience was horrible and this is day light robbery. I am asking for a full investigation into this matter and an amicable result to transpire after.

Comment (0)

I travel often for my line of work. On May 8, 2015, I travelled to Dubai through Emirates. The flight there was amazing. I got excellent service, the staff was pleasant, and the food was as I requested.

On my return journey, I was horrified. I did not receive my special diet that I requested. The staff had to make up something for me to eat, but this was difficult as I have a few diet restrictions. I still had to pay for my special food even though I never received it! I requested a drink from an attendant at 3 different times and she never returned with my drink. She completely avoided me and ignored my requests.

I have tried finding an address or email to write to the Customer Services and cannot find one! I would like to make this known to the Emirates Airlines as opposed to a complaint site, but there is no contact information that I can find. This is quite frustrating. If I haven't flown so many times prior, I would never fly Emirates again just because of this one incident. I would hate to see this airline go under, but it only takes incidents like these to have the customers never return. Emirates, you might want to retrain your staff...

Comment (0)

On the 19th May, I was travelling from Islamabad to Dubai (flight no. EK 615 seat no. 12A and 12B). I was travelling with my three year old son. The flight was early morning around 3.20 am.

One hour before landing in Dubai, my son needed some milk. I asked one of the Crew members if they could fill my son's bottle with milk. After waiting 15 mins, along with my son crying badly, I had to go to the kitchen side myself to ask for milk. One of your air hostess, whose name I didn't get, treated me very badly on asking for milk. She in her high, rude tone asked me to wait in my seat and that she can't help (like I am a begger asking for milk for my son). I was standing there along with my crying son until one of the
other male crew helped me.

I have travelled many airlines but your crew's attitude and behavior towards me was unacceptable. In the future, I will never travel with Emirates and I would advice anyone with kids to travel with Emirates.

Browse reviews of other Airlines

Have feedback for Emirates Airlines?