Customer Satisfaction Results
2.03 out of 5 Stars
39 Consumer Reviews

Toshiba
Complaint Department

Toshiba is a consumer, business and industrial electronics corporation that operates internationally and is headquartered in Toyko, Japan. Considered an electronics conglomerate, Toshiba employed over 200,000 people worldwide in 2014. Revenues in 2014 were reported as Yen 6.5 trillion and Toshiba is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

If you have problem with a Toshiba product you need look no further than the home website www.toshiba.com. The home page has a Support tab that lists consumer, business and industrial departments. You may find the support/repair page helpful. The main customer service telephone number is 1-800-231-1412. The CEO of Toshiba is Masashi Muromachi and lives in Japan.  If you would like to reach an American Operating Officer you can choose either Mark E. Mathews or Scott Maccabe at the US corporate headquarters.

You may address correspondence to them with the following address: 13131 West Little York Road, Houston, Texas 77041. You can find numerous US support numbers as well as many international contact numbers here.  You can join social forums at Facebook and Twitter and YouTube.

With beginnings as far back as 1875, Toshiba was founded by Ichisuke Fujioka and Tanaka Hisashige in 1938 at Minato, Tokyo, Japan. Toshiba means “yacht” and “Leading  With Innovation” is their corporate slogan.

Have you had problems with Toshiba?

Compare Toshiba to Similar Electronics more...

Top 39 Reviews about Toshiba

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Toshiba customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

It’s really disappointing that Toshiba is not taking care about customers and giving any feedback. I’m also working in a global company as a manager and our first issue is this “customer satisfaction is very important”. Consider about a service which is not informing his customer since 25 days.

Upvote (1)

The Satellite I purchased 4 months ago with windows 10 is HORRIBLE. Sound can not even be adjusted without going through 4 steps. The speaker icon does not work. I will look into apple now that Microsoft put commercials on my devise also. Suggest you stop making people mad with bad products!

Upvote (0)

I sent a complaint 2 weeks ago about a Toshiba Satellite lap-top broken screen. The screen broke after opening the hood, the hinge was loose and crack the screen. The lap-top is only one year and 1/2 old and it doesn't make sense that I have to pay to do the repair. The lap-top was not dropped.

Upvote (0)

Sent my laptop in for repair. After 4 months, nothing. All I got was a diagnostic, no repair done at all, finally have to call in and just request for my laptop back. I bought this laptop, was able to use it for 3 WEEKS, then had to sent it for repair and 4 months later I still have a broken laptop. I did not pay $900 for this kind of, don't even have the word to describe my frustration. Now I have to go find a roll-up portable keyboard to use with my (supposely) brand new laptop. Good luck trying get me to buy another Toshiba product in the future.

Upvote (0)

Purchased a new Toshiba lap top in May 2015. In 8 months it had broken down twice. The first fix took two days and was "just" a little hustle. The second time was a three ago. The supposedly durable hard drive in the machine (ssd) was lost. I lost valuable data and put the lap top in the official Toshiba lab. I was informed that it is Toshiba policy not to have spare parts in stock and that it would take up to ten working days for the parts to arrive. It has been three weeks and no news.

My laptop is my source of income. I do not expect a brand new laptop to breakdown twice in under a year, and I find the company policy for spare part ludicrous. Why should I wait three weeks for a part for a lap top under warranty when the problem can and should be solved within minutes?

I am losing time and money due to the Toshiba policy and low quality of the hardware, it is impossible to contact them to demand an explanation, refund and/or compensation. Before going on a social networks rant I would expect a to be able to converse with Toshiba to demand a substantially increased warranty at the very least and a form of compensation for the hassle and money and time lost.

Upvote (0)

I had bought Toshiba Laptop through My friend who is in USA, brand name is Satellite Pro S850 series in 2014. And one year later numeric keys were not worked and now there is a thing green color layer has been seen in bottom of screen, there for I had extremely change my loyalty for Toshiba Brands and I had informed my several friends, not to buy Toshiba Brands because of several failures. And I would be gratefully appreciate if you can send me at least for eliminating this green color thing layer. Not usually one to complain.

Upvote (0)

Bought new laptop, $800, had about a month, suddenly you pres the "p" or "space" they did something other than their intended function. Called Toshiba 1800 number for tech support, worked for hours and several calls trying to fix. Had to send in for repair. Sent it in, got it back, not repaired. Called again got customer relations, sent it in VIP. Got it back, keyboard replaced, keys work. Within 30 minutes fatal error pops up. "Shut down immediately, cooling system problem, send in for repair".

Called Toshiba customer service again, want replacement, laptop lemon. Got run around, can only send in for repair. I have bought over 300 Toshiba computers for my Tech guys since I am a Service manager. Will NEVER buy again. They have no care to perform TRUE customer service, their 3rd workd goes strictly buy their written, choreographed card. Company not worth anything.

Upvote (0)

My heater was leaking so I called the call center (19319) who in turn booked an appointment to me on 14-12-2015. The technician recommended that the heater (still under guarantee) have to be moved to factory for repair within 3 days. Up to this moment (18 days have passed) and nothing happened.

I submitted 3 complaints against Toshiba corporate. I called the call center 9 times through out the 18 days (2 of the calls, the database is under update). 3 appointments with no show and no previous cancellation. Rude personnel in complain department who are never true with their promises. And still the issue is not resolved.

Upvote (0)

My Toshiba laptop wifi signals is very slow and not work properly disconnect again and again i am so worried about it and another problem is the battery is fully charged by 91% not by 100% and the resolution is not adjustable manually. My laptop model is toshiba satellite c55-b867 serial no is 5E176218C.

Upvote (0)

I called with a problem with my laptop I just bought. The technician told me I could purchase a technical consult for 159.00 for a year or 19.95 for a one time consult. I purchased the 19.95. When we finished addressing the problem he told me he had charged me 99.95 for the consult. I told him he had quoted me 19.95 he said he had not but I even repeated it back to him. He still would not say he had said 19.95 but he did. He would not let me speak to a supervisor about this. I am extremely upset about this. His name was Bernard. First of all I am upset that the computer has not worked correctly since I got it a couple of months ago. And I am upset that I was charged this much to fix a problem that came with the computer. I have lost all faith in this company and would not recommend to anyone.

Upvote (0)

Horrible experience with Toshiba and their customer support and service. My laptop froze due to hard drive issue, support number had me order a flash drive to install that didn't work, so they sent me another one, second one had same issue, so they told me to order a shipping box. After a week the shipping box arrives I sent laptop with box waiting for a response, after 3 weeks they sent my laptop back nothing fixed with a note saying (not viable s/n). Called customer service again they said technician resolved problem on work order. Explained told them problem has not been resolved now another week into the situation no response or contact from either Toshiba or their customer service.

Upvote (0)

I got my Toshiba satellite L75D-A7283 laptop about 2 years now about 3 months ago my fiancé realized y my laptop was falling apart at the bottom it was missing about 5-6 screws. I called Toshiba and the man said that there was nothing he could do about it but I can buy some for $60. I told the man I believe the computer came this way or they feel out I don't know but I have never tried to open my laptop before its crazy all I need is a few screws not asking to fix my whole laptop. the computer was okay with how it worked when I first got it. I have an old hp laptop that I have had for about 5 years now and not one screw is missing. Toshiba laptops are made so cheaply they should at least add extra screws to the box if they know people are having the same issues.

I now hate this laptop and regret trying to try another brand I should have just stuck to hp which is made way better and not made of such cheap shit! never ever will I ever buy anything from Toshiba again. Now I have to wait to buy a new laptop because I know that this laptop want last long what a waste of my hard earn money. My hard drive suddenly stops working then it reboots it self back up like wtf this computer is a piece of shit! cant even sale it. Word of advice to those that want to buy one from them stay far far far away stick to hp or other brands that are made well. Nothing but Toshiba complaints will you find about this poor laptops.

Upvote (0)

I bought my Toshiba Satellite laptop L55 B5357 through Amazon in the USA in December 2014. I will be going back to the UK in Jan 2016 and until then I am here in South Africa. My right hand hinge has disintegrated and out from the screen itself has popped out what looks like a sharp knife blade - on which I have cut myself as it is sharper than a razor blade. I went to the local Toshiba rep here in Nelspruit (Mustek) who contacted Toshiba (they took photos) and they confirmed its in warranty but he warned me Toshiba were not good here in SA and honouring this. Sure enough I am now informed that if I am anywhere else eg Kenya, Toshiba would fix my laptop but not here in SA.

This is absolute rubbish I used to work in Mozambique and there I have managed to have an HP laptop bought in USA and still under warranty serviced. Added to this that this part is dangerous and looks like a knife. I will not be allowed to take my laptop on board my flight to Europe cos this part sticking out looks and cuts like a knife. However no one in Toshiba seems to give a toss about this. I am pretty sure that if I send pictures and show them to the USA immigration authorities, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, American Airlines the pictures will raise serious security concerns bearing in mind we are not even allowed to take aboard toothpaste, liquids, nail clippers and we have to have the heels of our shoes screened for hidden weapons. Well take a look at the Toshiba part sticking out of my laptop and I hope they ban Toshibas laptops from all flights.

I have always owned a laptop and I am upset that this one hasn't even lasted 10 months nor is anyone at Toshiba considering the long term implications of this screen part/hinge. So I will go online and will keep writing until someone has the decency in Toshiba to get back to me and properly address this problem. Wendy P Munn

Upvote (0)

I have a Toshiba laptop bought at best buy 1year and 6mos ago, and started finding little screws in my floor did not know they were falling out of my laptop still the charger would not go into my lap top now it is junk can not charge can not get the screws to stay in and they have never been took out before so guess they were not put in right the first time I took it to a shop they said they were not put in right and the little brass thing were falling out that was why the screws want stay in. I had just put a hundred more dollars in it for new software and windows ten upgrade from windows 8.1 that came on it very unhappy about the short life of my computer I am retired and just can not afford to get another one. Your products are not very good. It is a model c55t-a serial number YDO 77564Q should have had many years, I had my HP laptop for 6 yrs it still works but wanted to try touch screen so it could make the pictures bigger.

Upvote (0)

I purchased Toshiba 40 “ Led Tv Model No 40 PS200ZE Dated 12-09-2013, Billing No 558 , From Beyond Computes ELANTE 13-14 , Phase I , Chandigarh. I launch My complaint Date 19-04-2015 My complaint No SR4G0032638 after my complaint Service Engineer visited at my house and checked my led tv properly he said to me the power card is not working and we send a request for parts , but after few days call from service center that you parts has came then engineer came at my house with a new part but when he check with a model he said to me it was wrong parts they send the request again after few days the parts came again it was wrong again When i call service center ( 01762509554 ) he said to me that we are receiving wrong part. Sir I am suffering same problem from last 20 days ( of wrong parts ). Kindly I request to you please solve my problem. Too many days have been passed. Please resolve my problem early as possible , I will be great thankful to you.

Upvote (0)

I have exchanged 39 inch with 40L5400ZE twenty days back. I have a problems with the screen mirror and I registered a complaint on 18 Apr & 29 Apr 15 (Complaint No -SR4G0051000). However, no technician visited till date. If no technician visit within 2 days I filled a complaint in consumer court.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Toshiba Lapton in the United States when I was on holiday. The laptop has not worked to date with endless issues. Last month Toshiba advised to ship the product to them and they will look at it. They received the product and did what they had to do and shipped it back to us.

When it was shipped back to us we didn't receive our original Lapton instead another product like a TV channel receiver. We called Toshiba and advised them. They have now advised us that Fedex the carrier lost it and because it was more than two day, Fedex will not take responsibility. Neither is Toshiba taking responsibility at this stage. How slack is the service. This issue needs to be sorted out between Toshiba and Fedex. Why do we as customers have to be chasing our laptop. Deplorable service from Toshiba.

Upvote (0)

I bought a new laptop at Best Buy, and it's only been five months and the hard drive went out. I am very very disappointed in this product. I am not happy having to get a new hard drive put in it and having to do without it for two or three weeks. They should have given me a new one. It's only been five months since it was purchased, you should stand behind your product better than this.

Upvote (0)

I have a Toshiba LCD 19 in. The screen of LCD has been broken. I contacted your service center to talk with customer service. They said to me that rs. 5000/ aprox. cost of this panel. I had to hand over the LCD to your service center at Zirakpur (PB.) on 3rd jan. 2015, and ask to repair it or change the screen. I am ready to pay. After that I followed up by calling again, but nothing happen! What am I to do now?

Upvote (0)

After greetings to your company, I have asked about the best electric water heaters in Egypt and everyone told me to get Toshiba. I already did and bought one 55 Liters on February 2015. But after one month, it started to drop water. I called the customer care and someone told me that it is an interior problem in the product and supposed to be sent to the factory for replacement. He would have to put down the heater on the ground because it is dangerous to use now until someone from the factory visits me and replaces the product. Unfortunately, until now and after calling the customer care too many times and too many complaints, there are no response or no answer. Now I have a useless machine taking up space in my house. Actually, this is the first time to get a product from Toshiba and I hope to not be the last time as you enjoy a highly good reputation. I wish my message reaches to all managers, all calls and complaints are regards to my contact number

Upvote (0)

I bought a 50 inch smart tv a year and a half ago. I LOVE this tv. It's got great picture, amazing sound quality, and is user friendly. When I turned on the other day, I noticed a darkening on the screen. Now, there is a 4 inch thick dark band that runs across the entire screen, right in the middle! I am very disappointed as this tv came highly recommended, and I was so very pleased with it. I have spoken to a local repair service who says that this is unusual for a relatively new tv. I would be grateful with some help on this issue. I expect an exchange, giving me a new tv in exchange for the one I have now.

Upvote (2)

Bought Satellite laptop via Amazon in March 2015. Called 855-256-9005 on 4 Ap 15 for assistance. Got some help, but was told that I only had 90 days free assistance and that I should buy extended warranty for 9 more months. Said I would think about it. Had to call today, 9 Ap 15, and got more help but Donnalynn would not continue to help me unless I bought virus protection on the spot. What is the warranty period for assistance w a new laptop? Why must I b forced to buy something in order to cont to get help?

Upvote (0)

My computer screen went bad. It started having lines threw it on more than half the screen.I have had this laptop for only a year. My old Toshiba lasted 10 years , this one to craped out after a year. Very very disappointed. I was a big supporter of Toshiba , but not any more!

Upvote (0)

Hi, I am so sorry to send this complaint to you; of course I fully understand that in the grand scheme of things it will count as nothing. However I feel that I should give my views. I have been and still are a Toshiba laptop supporter. I have purchased several Toshiba laptops all have been great. No longer do I feel the same way. I have just purchased a new Toshiba laptop with a Google database included. GOD what a mistake. Google totally restricts my laptop movements and I am unable to carry out many functions. I could continue for hours but I will not. I will use my laptop until it finishes but I will never buy another Toshiba laptop as long as there is a Google over rider over all databases. Toshiba have made a grave mistake linking with Google.

Upvote (0)

I purchased 2 Symbio Media Boxes BDX3400KU in January 2014. I have had numerous problems with both of them. They won’t connect to the internet, they won’t turn off and I have to un-plug the unit. I have reset the units many times and checked my internet service. I have the latest modem and every other device in my house hooks up flawlessly. Now today I get a network error and it won’t hook up at no matter what I do. I called Toshiba support 7 times using the number printed on my paperwork and listed on their website, 888-592-0944, and got put on hold and disconnected. I was told that is the wrong#, to call back, which I did 7 times. Finally the 7th time I got a person who tried to help me but wasn’t able to figure out the problem. He told me to file a claim. I tried your website, which is as bad as your phone support. There is no support! The old Sony Blu-Ray player I had was much much better. HELPPPP!

Upvote (5)

On the 2nd of April 2014, I ordered a Washing Machine of the type / model mentioned above from the Seng Heng outlet in Giant Hypermarket at Kelana Jaya. The washing machine was delivered the next day ie the 3/4. After they left I noticed a crack on the bottom ( about 20 minutes later) . I promptly called the sales person and reported it. She said she will contact the driver to return back to my house to check the defect. I waited the whole day , making several calls back to the sales person and also to Toshiba Sales and Service at the toll free number. I obtained the phone number of the driver and managed to talk to him.

After continuously calling him, he finally came to check the defect ie on the 4/4 and promised to do a report on this matter to the relevant people in TOSHIBA. I d like to know if this was done and what is the next procedure. I have no confidence in him as he is only a driver. Please call me from your side and let me know what action is being done. If I don’t hear from you soon I will refer the matter to the Consumer Association as I really don’t know who to bring my complaint to and time is passing by.

Upvote (0)

My son talked me into my first laptop in February.The first two weeks I had it my internet went down, I thought my problems were because of that. I had new internet put in. and I still have the same problem. cant seem to get fb ,. One time it will go in , the next time it wont and after several tries I give up this is been going on since I got it. I thought maybe in was my internet service , they did a couple things , them they said it might be Norton, they did a couple of things and it ame in at first , but the next day it was the same. so I tried contacting Toshiba. I was told they send me a password reset , cause I lost mine, within 24 hours . Did I get one. then I”m always getting internet explorer has closed the program,redirecting, and oops an error occurred. I had a gateway before ,Never had these problem. My son asked me how I like it well the truth is , I don’t care for it. nobody has answers and I can find no one to help. and i’m stuck with a new computer that drives me nuts/ thanks for good customer service and no way to contact you

Upvote (0)

I made the mistake last year of buying one of your laptops. I have had nothing but trouble for the last few months. (I had problems earlier but didn’t realize it for awhile.) At first I blamed my problems on Win 8.0 and 8.1 – problems like vanishing files and folders. Now I am wondering if hardware failure is responsible for some of it despite all the diagnostics on the computer saying that everything is working just fine – even the nonfunctioning DVD drive.

I am putting my complaint in writing and hope that it will get through to someone there who will read it and listen. I bought a BluRay drive (even paid Costco an extra $100 for it). My laptop has sat here for the last three months or so with the tray open because it won’t close and stay closed; therefore it is totally useless. Not only will the tray not close, evidently it was malfunctioning as early as June of last year. I backup my files to an external hard drive and to DVDs. When I needed the DVD backup I found that two of the disks were corrupt. I purchased an external DVD drive a few weeks ago in an effort to recover the files and it won’t read two of my backup disks. I called your Tech Support number and got cut off twice.

When I called the third time I was asked for a credit card number. I totally refuse to give my credit card number on general principle – I won’t chance getting charged for something that should be included under the warranty – even if it means throwing the laptop in the garbage. My one year warranty expires on April 16. I can’t even find the address of a local service shop so that I can talk to a serviceman. You don’t even want to know my opinion of your product or your service. I am also backing this up by mail if only I can find a mailing address.

Upvote (0)

I ordered my daughter a laptop for Christmas 2013. It came and was immediately wrapped. About a week or two after Christmas I bought my daughter a mouse to use. when she went to plug it in we noticed that the USB port was broken. I called the company and they said that’s not covered under the warranty. So I asked to be connected to someone higher up. I played phone tag with someone named Anna for 3 months. I finally got a hold of her yesterday and she proceeded to tell me that there is nothing they can or will do about this issue as I should have checked it when it arrived. At this point I am furious! I have a warranty on this laptop and I want to know whats covered! Also, there are times when the laptop wont turn on unless you remove the battery, then push the power button and then put the battery back!

Upvote (0)

Only Had the Computer 6 weeks Staples only covers it for 4 weeks they would not even help not happy there either . spent over 600 for the Lap top that the hard drive went bad. takes about 1 hour to log on 100% cpu. was running and nothing was open have to send it in to get repaired and HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING. Very upset and not happy.

Should not have to pay 25 for shipping and not mention the time with out the computer. It was bought for my Church and we will be with out for 4 to 6 weeks. I will never by a Toshiba product and I will tell all my Friends and community about it Very unhappy customer.

Upvote (0)

My Toshiba Satellite is 1 year and two months old. I have had a problem which the tech fixed for me at $99 within two months another problem and a complete restore to factory settings. During this time Microsoft Office 2010 which was preinstalled didn’t work, they fixed. Today the Micorsoft Word 2010 refused to open and they said $100 and that my AVG was no good etc, Well AVG have assured me its working 100% and that Toshiba have either sold me a computer which is not good and that in order to get it fixed they will keep charging me every 2 months. All I want is the preinstalled programme Microsoft Word . I cannot recommend Toshiba or its assigned technicians because they just want to sell not fix.

Upvote (0)

I called to have recovery disks that were set to me replaced because they came with out usable data.. (faulty product!) they would not honor they product by sending new and instead tried to chanrge for a new set of disks. This was for a laptop. Secondly stated their was a 30 day warrantee and no where was it published. Not vibally over the phone or in the packaging. Thirdly their products even though not created or operated by thier own is very poorly created and unsupported. Bottom line do not buy this product.

Upvote (0)

After only 3 weeks in my posession, my laptop C850D-ST3NX1 – serial number YC289516Q, CRASHED! I had to purchase a special box to ship it to the repair depot ($25) then was told there would be a charge of $135 to fix it. Called customer relations, not customer service, and they told me there was no damage that the depot simply needed my passwords to get into the cmputer. I sent the password then got another email stating the mother board and hard drive would be replaced under warranty but it would cost $78 to fix the battery area where there was damage. WHAT? I had the computer 3 weeks. It still had the new computer smell. I don’t have little kids, it was never dropped or misused.

When I called customer relations back they gave me a very robotic response claiming there is nothing they can do to over ride the repair center and they would request pictures from the repair center so I could see the damage. When requesting to speak with a supervisor I was told that was not possible. When asking if there was anything else I could do or anyone I could talk to about how WRONG this is, I was told NOPE! So, if I want my 3 week old computer repaired, I must pay the $78. Otherwise it will be sent back to me completely unrepaired. My computer is being held hostage, customer service doesn’t know what to tell me….OH WELL, sucks for me!

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Toshiba laptop for christmas for my son. He did not tell me within the fifteen days that it never worked. He told me in March. I have been getting the runaround every since. I went to Walmart and they said I had to go through Toshiba. I sent it back at my cost to Toshiba. They could not reach me so they sent it back to me. I went back to Walmart. They told me to call the Warantee place. They told me to go back to Toshiba. So I call Toshiba and they said after some trouble shooting that they will fix it free of charge. I had to purchase another 25 dollar box. Now I am out 450.00 and no working computer. I purchased the box and waiting for Toshiba to send me the label and send it back in. I am placing a note in side the box stating to fix it at no cost to me and do not wait to hear from me again. This is ridiculous. I purchased this in Dec and it is now April and no working computer and no one wants to fix it. They all point fingers at one another and I am getting no where? Someone needs to take responsiblity and stop costing me more and more money and still have nothing to show for it but a computer that never worked!

Upvote (0)

i just spent 45minutes on the phone with your rep who hardly understood me, didn’t understand my issues and took me thru a longer drawn out procedure with my credit card info! MyGod, i don’t understand their has to be a better way. That took FOREVER, and the Rock means….FOREVER! just to get through the redtape and, just the bad communications for something i’m trying to get from a product oF YOURS!

i SWEAR I WILL never buy another toshiba product just because of poor handling from the customer service end of all of this how about trying to hire some college grads studying communications, something! Then she couldn’t get the first credit card to work, that long process and then to another card, that she finally gets! poor,poor, poor, did i mention poor! customer service, PS don’t get me started on the $29.95 for a recovery disk!!!!!!

Wow you guys got work to do, from a once big supporter of your product, not anymore…but then again this is big business you probably don’t even care!

Upvote (0)

Hello to anyone who will listen because obviously toshiba doesn’t care about the products they create or the consumers who purchase them. So here it goes, I purchased a new toshiba laptop and the extended warranty package about 6 months ago. After having my new computer about 5 months it decided to overheat after being plugged in overnight to charge. I discovered this problem the next morning after finding my computer screen was cracked and the computer itself was hot to the touch. I was lucky that my home didn’t catch fire as a result.

I immediately called toshiba to report what happened and set up to have my computer repaired, which by the way the person I spoke with I could barely understand because their english was very poor. After having my computer for 2 weeks, which has been a huge inconvience to my professional life because I use my laptop for work, I received a phone call from Claudia stating that I would be responsibe for paying for repairs???? This was a shock to me because this computer was brand new.

When I asked her to speak with her superior, she refused to let me talk to anyone and stated pretty much that I would be stuck with this piece of shit product that I purchased. So I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for opening my eyes. As a consumer I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING WITH THE NAME TOSHIBA WRITTEN ON IT. I promise that I will blast my shitty experience to anyone who will listen and will also file a formal complaint with the BBC.

Thank you for nothing.

Upvote (0)

I recently installed the Toshiba BDX2200KU DVD player. It never worked right. I called Toshiba’s support number. The guy (he never gave his name), told to to power off the device, unplug it, wait 10 minutes then try it again. While I was waiting the 10 minutes, he hung up on me. I triede the DVD player but the problem was still there. So I called support again, they gave me the same steps to try, and also said it was probably a bad HDMI cable. The problem was that after being on pause for about 10 minutes, the device would power off, and the DVD (either blu-ray or regular) would have to started over. I don’t think a bad HDMI cable would cause that.

I called my AV guy. His first comment was, “Why did I buy Toshiba?” I didn’t – my daughter did (but with my credit card). I had this same problem with a Toshiba DVD player about two years ago. Again, I didn’t but it – my daughter did that time too. Toshiba had email support back then. They ignored my emails for about 6 months, then finally said my device was out of warrantly, and I would have to pay for service. That’s when I first contacted my AV guy, and he installed a Samsung DVD player. It worked fine for about two years, then wore out.

Upvote (0)

Just general poor service with respect to every turn, they always take the low road and never the high road. Just the way we all know that Apple Support Service is good and efficient, Toshiba support and service is the opposite. If they can put you on hold for two weeks while they try to find out what happened, they will do it rather than solve the issue now and spend their own time finding out what happened. You will suffer any way they can make that possible, never Toshiba, always you, the customer.

The IQ level of the Kathy’s one chats with in the name of solving any issue is low and their ability is limited, again, unlike the Apple company who could teach Toshiba a few tricks. That’s all I just wanted to warn any shoppers for Toshiba products as to what they can expect when they need support or repair or warranty assistance, YOU WILL GET THE RUN AROUND for sure and for as long as they can do it, they will and good luck getting anything completed to your satisfaction.

Upvote (0)

I just returned a Satellite A665-S5171 laptop because of the spacebar not working all the time. For the money I paid, I would expect a reliable keyboard. I got another one hoping it was just one bad laptop. But this one is even worse than the first. The spacebar works even less the amount of time and now other keys mess up. I’ll return it shortly as soon as I finish typing this, but the spacebar malfunction is so frustrating. This is the first Toshiba I ever bought and may never buy one again. Based on what I read about these keyboards, Toshiba definitely has quality and design problems. What good is all those bells and whistles if the most basic function such as a spacebar does not work properly. Very unhappy first time customer.

Contact the Toshiba Complaint Department