Toshiba

Latest Complaint

04-04-2014 11:00 pm

I purchased 2 Symbio Media Boxes BDX3400KU in January 2014. I have had numerous problems with both of them. They won’t connect to the internet, they won’t turn off and I have to un-plug the unit. I have reset the units many times and checked my internet service. I have the latest modem and every other device in my house hooks up flawlessly. Now today I get a network error and it won’t hook up at no matter what I do. I called Toshiba support 7 times using the number printed on my paperwork and listed on their website, 888-592-0944, and got put on hold and disconnected. I was told that is the wrong#, to call back, which I did 7 times. Finally the 7th time I got a person who tried to help me but wasn’t able to figure out the problem. He told me to file a claim. I tried your website, which is as bad as your phone support. There is no support! The old Sony Blu-Ray player I had was much much better. HELPPPP!

Do you have a problem with Toshiba?

Customer Rating

www.toshiba.com

More Toshiba Complaints

04-03-2014 11:00 pm

Dear Sir//Madam,
On the 2nd of April 2014, I ordered a Washing Machine of the type / model mentioned above from the Seng Heng outlet in Giant Hypermarket at Kelana Jaya.
The washing machine was delivered the next day ie the 3/4. After they left I noticed a crack on the bottom ( about 20 minutes later) . I promptly called the sales person and reported it. She said she will contact the driver to return back to my house to check the defect. I waited the whole day , making several calls back to the sales person and also to Toshiba Sales and Service at the toll free number. I obtained the phone number of the driver and managed to talk to him.
After continuously calling him, he finally came to check the defect ie on the 4/4 and promised to do a report on this matter to the relevant people in TOSHIBA.
I d like to know if this was done and what is the next procedure. I have no confidence in him as he is only a driver. Please call me from your side and let me know what action is being done. If I don’t hear from you soon I will refer the matter to the Consumer Association as I really don’t know who to bring my complaint to and time is passing by.

Selvi

012 7235025

04-03-2014 11:00 pm

My son talked me into my first laptop in February.The first two weeks I had it my internet went down, I thought my problems were because of that. I had new internet put in. and I still have the same problem. cant seem to get fb ,. One time it will go in , the next time it wont and after several tries I give up this is been going on since I got it. I thought maybe in was my internet service , they did a couple things , them they said it might be Norton, they did a couple of things and it ame in at first , but the next day it was the same. so I tried contacting Toshiba. I was told they send me a password reset , cause I lost mine, within 24 hours . Did I get one. then I”m always getting internet explorer has closed the program,redirecting, and oops an error occurred. I had a gateway before ,Never had these problem. My son asked me how I like it well the truth is , I don’t care for it. nobody has answers and I can find no one to help. and i’m stuck with a new computer that drives me nuts/ thanks for good customer service and no way to contact you

03-30-2014 11:00 pm

Ref: Tech Support Case Number: 140109-003553
Satellite S875-S7376
Serial No, 1D246278R

I made the mistake last year of buying one of your laptops. I have had nothing but trouble for the last few months. (I had problems earlier but didn’t realize it for awhile.) At first I blamed my problems on Win 8.0 and 8.1 – problems like vanishing files and folders. Now I am wondering if hardware failure is responsible for some of it despite all the diagnostics on the computer saying that everything is working just fine – even the nonfunctioning DVD drive.

I am putting my complaint in writing and hope that it will get through to someone there who will read it and listen. I bought a BluRay drive (even paid Costco an extra $100 for it). My laptop has sat here for the last three months or so with the tray open because it won’t close and stay closed; therefore it is totally useless. Not only will the tray not close, evidently it was malfunctioning as early as June of last year. I backup my files to an external hard drive and to DVDs. When I needed the DVD backup I found that two of the disks were corrupt. I purchased an external DVD drive a few weeks ago in an effort to recover the files and it won’t read two of my backup disks. I called your Tech Support number and got cut off twice. When I called the third time I was asked for a credit card number. I totally refuse to give my credit card number on general principle – I won’t chance getting charged for something that should be included under the warranty – even if it means throwing the laptop in the garbage. My one year warranty expires on April 16. I can’t even find the address of a local service shop so that I can talk to a serviceman.

You don’t even want to know my opinion of your product or your service.

I am also backing this up by mail if only I can find a mailing address.

03-26-2014 11:00 pm

I ordered my daughter a laptop for Christmas 2013. It came and was immediately wrapped. About a week or two after Christmas I bought my daughter a mouse to use. when she went to plug it in we noticed that the USB port was broken. I called the company and they said that’s not covered under the warranty. So I asked to be connected to someone higher up. I played phone tag with someone named Anna for 3 months. I finally got a hold of her yesterday and she proceeded to tell me that there is nothing they can or will do about this issue as I should have checked it when it arrived. At this point I am furious! I have a warranty on this laptop and I want to know whats covered! Also, there are times when the laptop wont turn on unless you remove the battery, then push the power button and then put the battery back!

03-20-2014 11:00 pm

Only Had the Computer 6 weeks Staples only covers it for 4 weeks they would not even help not happy there either . spent over 600 for the Lap top that the hard drive went bad. takes about 1 hour to log on 100% cpu. was running and nothing was open have to send it in to get repaired and HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING. Very upset and not happy , Should not have to pay 25 for shipping and not mention the time with out the computer . It was bought for my Church and we will be with out for 4 to 6 weeks. I will never by a Toshiba product and I will tell all my Friends and community about it Very unhappy customer.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Eddie Miller on 03/21/2014 at IP address 216.175.46.129 using our Toshiba complaint form. This opinions contained in this Toshiba customer review titled, “Lap top Computer Satellite c55-a5285″ do not reflect the opinions of this website.

04-19-2013 11:00 pm

My Toshiba Satellite is 1 year and two months old. I have had a problem which the tech fixed for me at $99
within two months another problem and a complete restore to factory settings. During this time Microsoft Office 2010 which was preinstalled didn’t work, they fixed. Today the Micorsoft Word 2010 refused to open and they said $100 and that my AVG was no good etc, Well AVG have assured me its working 100% and that Toshiba have either sold me a computer which is not good and that in order to get it fixed they will keep charging me every 2 months. All I want is the preinstalled programme Microsoft Word . I cannot recommend Toshiba or its assigned technicians because they just want to sell not fix..

04-10-2013 11:00 pm

I called to have recovery disks that were set to me replaced because they came with out usable data.. (faulty product!) they would not honor they product by sending new and instead tried to chanrge for a new set of disks. This was for a laptop

Secondly stated their was a 30 day warrantee and no where was it published. Not vibally over the phone or in the packaging.

Thirdly their products even though not created or operated by thier own is very poorly created and unsupported.

Bottom line do not buy this product.

04-10-2013 11:00 pm

After only 3 weeks in my posession, my laptop C850D-ST3NX1 – serial number YC289516Q, CRASHED! I had to purchase a special box to ship it to the repair depot ($25) then was told there would be a charge of $135 to fix it. Called customer relations, not customer service, and they told me there was no damage that the depot simply needed my passwords to get into the cmputer. I sent the password then got another email stating the mother board and hard drive would be replaced under warranty but it would cost $78 to fix the battery area where there was damage. WHAT? I had the computer 3 weeks. It still had the new computer smell. I don’t have little kids, it was never dropped or misused. When I called customer relations back they gave me a very robotic response claiming there is nothing they can do to over ride the repair center and they would request pictures from the repair center so I could see the damage. When requesting to speak with a supervisor I was told that was not possible. When asking if there was anything else I could do or anyone I could talk to about how WRONG this is, I was told NOPE! So, if I want my 3 week old computer repaired, I must pay the $78. Otherwise it will be sent back to me completely unrepaired. My computer is being held hostage, customer service doesn’t know what to tell me….OH WELL, sucks for me!

04-07-2013 11:00 pm

I purchased a Toshiba laptop for christmas for my son. He did not tell me within the fifteen days that it never worked. He told me in March. I have been getting the runaround every since. I went to Walmart and they said I had to go through Toshiba. I sent it back at my cost to Toshiba. They could not reach me so they sent it back to me. I went back to Walmart. They told me to call the Warantee place. They told me to go back to Toshiba. So I call Toshiba and they said after some trouble shooting that they will fix it free of charge. I had to purchase another 25 dollar box. Now I am out 450.00 and no working computer. I purchased the box and waiting for Toshiba to send me the label and send it back in. I am placing a note in side the box stating to fix it at no cost to me and do not wait to hear from me again. This is ridiculous. I purchased this in Dec and it is now April and no working computer and no one wants to fix it. They all point fingers at one another and I am getting no where? Someone needs to take responsiblity and stop costing me more and more money and still have nothing to show for it but a computer that never worked!

03-18-2013 11:00 pm

i just spent 45minutes on the phone with your rep who hardly understood me, didn’t understand my issues and took me thru a longer drawn out procedure with my credit card info! MyGod, i don’t understand their has to be a better way. That took FOREVER, and the Rock means….FOREVER! just to get through the redtape and, just the bad communications for something i’m trying to get from a product oF YOURS!

i SWEAR I WILL never buy another toshiba product just because of poor handling from the customer service end of all of this how about trying to hire some college grads studying communications, something! Then she couldn’t get the first credit card to work, that long process and then to another card, that she finally gets! poor,poor, poor, did i mention poor! customer service, PS don’t get me started on the $29.95 for a recovery disk!!!!!!

Wow you guys got work to do, from a once big supporter of your product, not anymore…but then again this is big business you probably don’t even care!

01-21-2012 11:00 pm

Hello to anyone who will listen because obviously toshiba doesn’t care about the products they create or the consumers who purchase them. So here it goes, I purchased a new toshiba laptop and the extended warranty package about 6 months ago. After having my new computer about 5 months it decided to overheat after being plugged in overnight to charge. I discovered this problem the next morning after finding my computer screen was cracked and the computer itself was hot to the touch. I was lucky that my home didn’t catch fire as a result.

I immediately called toshiba to report what happened and set up to have my computer repaired, which by the way the person I spoke with I could barely understand because their english was very poor. After having my computer for 2 weeks, which has been a huge inconvience to my professional life because I use my laptop for work, I received a phone call from Claudia stating that I would be responsibe for paying for repairs???? This was a shock to me because this computer was brand new.

When I asked her to speak with her superior, she refused to let me talk to anyone and stated pretty much that I would be stuck with this piece of shit product that I purchased. So I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for opening my eyes. As a consumer I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING WITH THE NAME TOSHIBA WRITTEN ON IT. I promise that I will blast my shitty experience to anyone who will listen and will also file a formal complaint with the BBC.

Thank you for nothing.

07-31-2011 11:00 pm

I recently installed the Toshiba BDX2200KU DVD player. It never worked right. I called Toshiba’s support number. The guy (he never gave his name), told to to power off the device, unplug it, wait 10 minutes then try it again. While I was waiting the 10 minutes, he hung up on me. I triede the DVD player but the problem was still there. So I called support again, they gave me the same steps to try, and also said it was probably a bad HDMI cable. The problem was that after being on pause for about 10 minutes, the device would power off, and the DVD (either blu-ray or regular) would have to started over. I don’t think a bad HDMI cable would cause that.

I called my AV guy. His first comment was, “Why did I buy Toshiba?” I didn’t – my daughter did (but with my credit card). I had this same problem with a Toshiba DVD player about two years ago. Again, I didn’t but it – my daughter did that time too. Toshiba had email support back then. They ignored my emails for about 6 months, then finally said my device was out of warrantly, and I would have to pay for service. That’s when I first contacted my AV guy, and he installed a Samsung DVD player. It worked fine for about two years, then wore out.

04-27-2011 11:00 pm

Just general poor service with respect to every turn, they always take the low road and never the high road. Just the way we all know that Apple Support Service is good and efficient, Toshiba support and service is the opposite. If they can put you on hold for two weeks while they try to find out what happened, they will do it rather than solve the issue now and spend their own time finding out what happened. You will suffer any way they can make that possible, never Toshiba, always you, the customer.

The IQ level of the Kathy’s one chats with in the name of solving any issue is low and their ability is limited, again, unlike the Apple company who could teach Toshiba a few tricks. That’s all I just wanted to warn any shoppers for Toshiba products as to what they can expect when they need support or repair or warranty assistance, YOU WILL GET THE RUN AROUND for sure and for as long as they can do it, they will and good luck getting anything completed to your satisfaction.

Breffni

03-19-2011 11:00 pm

I just returned a Satellite A665-S5171 laptop because of the spacebar not working all the time. For the money I paid, I would expect a reliable keyboard. I got another one hoping it was just one bad laptop. But this one is even worse than the first. The spacebar works even less the amount of time and now other keys mess up. I’ll return it shortly as soon as I finish typing this, but the spacebar malfunction is so frustrating. This is the first Toshiba I ever bought and may never buy one again. Based on what I read about these keyboards, Toshiba definitely has quality and design problems. What good is all those bells and whistles if the most basic function such as a spacebar does not work properly. Very unhappy first time customer.

Companies Like Toshiba