Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Apr 04, 2014
Bad

I purchased 2 Symbio Media Boxes BDX3400KU in January 2014. I have had numerous problems with both of them. They won’t connect to the internet, they won’t turn off and I have to un-plug the unit. I have reset the units many times and checked my internet service. I have the latest modem and every other device in my house hooks up flawlessly. Now today I get a network error and it won’t hook up at no matter what I do. I called Toshiba support 7 times using the number printed on my paperwork and listed on their website, 888-592-0944, and got put on hold and disconnected. I was told that is the wrong#, to call back, which I did 7 times. Finally the 7th time I got a person who tried to help me but wasn’t able to figure out the problem. He told me to file a claim. I tried your website, which is as bad as your phone support. There is no support! The old Sony Blu-Ray player I had was much much better. HELPPPP!

Have you had problems with Toshiba?

Compare Toshiba to Similar Electronics more...

Top 25 Reviews about Toshiba

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Toshiba customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Good

I purchased Toshiba 40 “ Led Tv Model No 40 PS200ZE Dated 12-09-2013, Billing No 558 , From Beyond Computes ELANTE 13-14 , Phase I , Chandigarh. I launch My complaint Date 19-04-2015 My complaint No SR4G0032638 after my complaint Service Engineer visited at my house and checked my led tv properly he said to me the power card is not working and we send a request for parts , but after few days call from service center that you parts has came then engineer came at my house with a new part but when he check with a model he said to me it was wrong parts they send the request again after few days the parts came again it was wrong again When i call service center ( 01762509554 ) he said to me that we are receiving wrong part. Sir I am suffering same problem from last 20 days ( of wrong parts ). Kindly I request to you please solve my problem. Too many days have been passed. Please resolve my problem early as possible , I will be great thankful to you.

Horrible

I have exchanged 39 inch with 40L5400ZE twenty days back. I have a problems with the screen mirror and I registered a complaint on 18 Apr & 29 Apr 15 (Complaint No -SR4G0051000). However, no technician visited till date. If no technician visit within 2 days I filled a complaint in consumer court.

Horrible

I purchased a Toshiba Lapton in the United States when I was on holiday. The laptop has not worked to date with endless issues. Last month Toshiba advised to ship the product to them and they will look at it. They received the product and did what they had to do and shipped it back to us.

When it was shipped back to us we didn't receive our original Lapton instead another product like a TV channel receiver. We called Toshiba and advised them. They have now advised us that Fedex the carrier lost it and because it was more than two day, Fedex will not take responsibility. Neither is Toshiba taking responsibility at this stage. How slack is the service. This issue needs to be sorted out between Toshiba and Fedex. Why do we as customers have to be chasing our laptop. Deplorable service from Toshiba.

Horrible

I bought a new laptop at Best Buy, and it's only been five months and the hard drive went out. I am very very disappointed in this product. I am not happy having to get a new hard drive put in it and having to do without it for two or three weeks. They should have given me a new one. It's only been five months since it was purchased, you should stand behind your product better than this.

Horrible

I have a Toshiba LCD 19 in. The screen of LCD has been broken. I contacted your service center to talk with customer service. They said to me that rs. 5000/ aprox. cost of this panel. I had to hand over the LCD to your service center at Zirakpur (PB.) on 3rd jan. 2015, and ask to repair it or change the screen. I am ready to pay. After that I followed up by calling again, but nothing happen! What am I to do now?

Bad

After greetings to your company, I have asked about the best electric water heaters in Egypt and everyone told me to get Toshiba. I already did and bought one 55 Liters on February 2015. But after one month, it started to drop water. I called the customer care and someone told me that it is an interior problem in the product and supposed to be sent to the factory for replacement. He would have to put down the heater on the ground because it is dangerous to use now until someone from the factory visits me and replaces the product. Unfortunately, until now and after calling the customer care too many times and too many complaints, there are no response or no answer. Now I have a useless machine taking up space in my house. Actually, this is the first time to get a product from Toshiba and I hope to not be the last time as you enjoy a highly good reputation. I wish my message reaches to all managers, all calls and complaints are regards to my contact number

Poor

I bought a 50 inch smart tv a year and a half ago. I LOVE this tv. It's got great picture, amazing sound quality, and is user friendly. When I turned on the other day, I noticed a darkening on the screen. Now, there is a 4 inch thick dark band that runs across the entire screen, right in the middle! I am very disappointed as this tv came highly recommended, and I was so very pleased with it. I have spoken to a local repair service who says that this is unusual for a relatively new tv. I would be grateful with some help on this issue. I expect an exchange, giving me a new tv in exchange for the one I have now.

Bad

Bought Satellite laptop via Amazon in March 2015. Called 855-256-9005 on 4 Ap 15 for assistance. Got some help, but was told that I only had 90 days free assistance and that I should buy extended warranty for 9 more months. Said I would think about it. Had to call today, 9 Ap 15, and got more help but Donnalynn would not continue to help me unless I bought virus protection on the spot. What is the warranty period for assistance w a new laptop? Why must I b forced to buy something in order to cont to get help?

Bad

My computer screen went bad. It started having lines threw it on more than half the screen.I have had this laptop for only a year. My old Toshiba lasted 10 years , this one to craped out after a year. Very very disappointed. I was a big supporter of Toshiba , but not any more!

Bad

Hi, I am so sorry to send this complaint to you; of course I fully understand that in the grand scheme of things it will count as nothing. However I feel that I should give my views. I have been and still are a Toshiba laptop supporter. I have purchased several Toshiba laptops all have been great. No longer do I feel the same way. I have just purchased a new Toshiba laptop with a Google database included. GOD what a mistake. Google totally restricts my laptop movements and I am unable to carry out many functions. I could continue for hours but I will not. I will use my laptop until it finishes but I will never buy another Toshiba laptop as long as there is a Google over rider over all databases. Toshiba have made a grave mistake linking with Google.

Dear Sir//Madam,
On the 2nd of April 2014, I ordered a Washing Machine of the type / model mentioned above from the Seng Heng outlet in Giant Hypermarket at Kelana Jaya.
The washing machine was delivered the next day ie the 3/4. After they left I noticed a crack on the bottom ( about 20 minutes later) . I promptly called the sales person and reported it. She said she will contact the driver to return back to my house to check the defect. I waited the whole day , making several calls back to the sales person and also to Toshiba Sales and Service at the toll free number. I obtained the phone number of the driver and managed to talk to him.
After continuously calling him, he finally came to check the defect ie on the 4/4 and promised to do a report on this matter to the relevant people in TOSHIBA.
I d like to know if this was done and what is the next procedure. I have no confidence in him as he is only a driver. Please call me from your side and let me know what action is being done. If I don’t hear from you soon I will refer the matter to the Consumer Association as I really don’t know who to bring my complaint to and time is passing by.

Selvi

012 7235025

Poor

My son talked me into my first laptop in February.The first two weeks I had it my internet went down, I thought my problems were because of that. I had new internet put in. and I still have the same problem. cant seem to get fb ,. One time it will go in , the next time it wont and after several tries I give up this is been going on since I got it. I thought maybe in was my internet service , they did a couple things , them they said it might be Norton, they did a couple of things and it ame in at first , but the next day it was the same. so I tried contacting Toshiba. I was told they send me a password reset , cause I lost mine, within 24 hours . Did I get one. then I”m always getting internet explorer has closed the program,redirecting, and oops an error occurred. I had a gateway before ,Never had these problem. My son asked me how I like it well the truth is , I don’t care for it. nobody has answers and I can find no one to help. and i’m stuck with a new computer that drives me nuts/ thanks for good customer service and no way to contact you

Ref: Tech Support Case Number: 140109-003553
Satellite S875-S7376
Serial No, 1D246278R

I made the mistake last year of buying one of your laptops. I have had nothing but trouble for the last few months. (I had problems earlier but didn’t realize it for awhile.) At first I blamed my problems on Win 8.0 and 8.1 – problems like vanishing files and folders. Now I am wondering if hardware failure is responsible for some of it despite all the diagnostics on the computer saying that everything is working just fine – even the nonfunctioning DVD drive.

I am putting my complaint in writing and hope that it will get through to someone there who will read it and listen. I bought a BluRay drive (even paid Costco an extra $100 for it). My laptop has sat here for the last three months or so with the tray open because it won’t close and stay closed; therefore it is totally useless. Not only will the tray not close, evidently it was malfunctioning as early as June of last year. I backup my files to an external hard drive and to DVDs. When I needed the DVD backup I found that two of the disks were corrupt. I purchased an external DVD drive a few weeks ago in an effort to recover the files and it won’t read two of my backup disks. I called your Tech Support number and got cut off twice. When I called the third time I was asked for a credit card number. I totally refuse to give my credit card number on general principle – I won’t chance getting charged for something that should be included under the warranty – even if it means throwing the laptop in the garbage. My one year warranty expires on April 16. I can’t even find the address of a local service shop so that I can talk to a serviceman.

You don’t even want to know my opinion of your product or your service.

I am also backing this up by mail if only I can find a mailing address.

Horrible

I ordered my daughter a laptop for Christmas 2013. It came and was immediately wrapped. About a week or two after Christmas I bought my daughter a mouse to use. when she went to plug it in we noticed that the USB port was broken. I called the company and they said that’s not covered under the warranty. So I asked to be connected to someone higher up. I played phone tag with someone named Anna for 3 months. I finally got a hold of her yesterday and she proceeded to tell me that there is nothing they can or will do about this issue as I should have checked it when it arrived. At this point I am furious! I have a warranty on this laptop and I want to know whats covered! Also, there are times when the laptop wont turn on unless you remove the battery, then push the power button and then put the battery back!

Poor

Only Had the Computer 6 weeks Staples only covers it for 4 weeks they would not even help not happy there either . spent over 600 for the Lap top that the hard drive went bad. takes about 1 hour to log on 100% cpu. was running and nothing was open have to send it in to get repaired and HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING. Very upset and not happy , Should not have to pay 25 for shipping and not mention the time with out the computer . It was bought for my Church and we will be with out for 4 to 6 weeks. I will never by a Toshiba product and I will tell all my Friends and community about it Very unhappy customer.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Eddie Miller on 03/21/2014 at IP address 216.175.46.129 using our Toshiba complaint form. This opinions contained in this Toshiba customer review titled, “Lap top Computer Satellite c55-a5285″ do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Bad

My Toshiba Satellite is 1 year and two months old. I have had a problem which the tech fixed for me at $99
within two months another problem and a complete restore to factory settings. During this time Microsoft Office 2010 which was preinstalled didn’t work, they fixed. Today the Micorsoft Word 2010 refused to open and they said $100 and that my AVG was no good etc, Well AVG have assured me its working 100% and that Toshiba have either sold me a computer which is not good and that in order to get it fixed they will keep charging me every 2 months. All I want is the preinstalled programme Microsoft Word . I cannot recommend Toshiba or its assigned technicians because they just want to sell not fix..

Bad

I called to have recovery disks that were set to me replaced because they came with out usable data.. (faulty product!) they would not honor they product by sending new and instead tried to chanrge for a new set of disks. This was for a laptop

Secondly stated their was a 30 day warrantee and no where was it published. Not vibally over the phone or in the packaging.

Thirdly their products even though not created or operated by thier own is very poorly created and unsupported.

Bottom line do not buy this product.

Horrible

After only 3 weeks in my posession, my laptop C850D-ST3NX1 – serial number YC289516Q, CRASHED! I had to purchase a special box to ship it to the repair depot ($25) then was told there would be a charge of $135 to fix it. Called customer relations, not customer service, and they told me there was no damage that the depot simply needed my passwords to get into the cmputer. I sent the password then got another email stating the mother board and hard drive would be replaced under warranty but it would cost $78 to fix the battery area where there was damage. WHAT? I had the computer 3 weeks. It still had the new computer smell. I don’t have little kids, it was never dropped or misused. When I called customer relations back they gave me a very robotic response claiming there is nothing they can do to over ride the repair center and they would request pictures from the repair center so I could see the damage. When requesting to speak with a supervisor I was told that was not possible. When asking if there was anything else I could do or anyone I could talk to about how WRONG this is, I was told NOPE! So, if I want my 3 week old computer repaired, I must pay the $78. Otherwise it will be sent back to me completely unrepaired. My computer is being held hostage, customer service doesn’t know what to tell me….OH WELL, sucks for me!

Poor

I purchased a Toshiba laptop for christmas for my son. He did not tell me within the fifteen days that it never worked. He told me in March. I have been getting the runaround every since. I went to Walmart and they said I had to go through Toshiba. I sent it back at my cost to Toshiba. They could not reach me so they sent it back to me. I went back to Walmart. They told me to call the Warantee place. They told me to go back to Toshiba. So I call Toshiba and they said after some trouble shooting that they will fix it free of charge. I had to purchase another 25 dollar box. Now I am out 450.00 and no working computer. I purchased the box and waiting for Toshiba to send me the label and send it back in. I am placing a note in side the box stating to fix it at no cost to me and do not wait to hear from me again. This is ridiculous. I purchased this in Dec and it is now April and no working computer and no one wants to fix it. They all point fingers at one another and I am getting no where? Someone needs to take responsiblity and stop costing me more and more money and still have nothing to show for it but a computer that never worked!

Contact the Toshiba Complaint Department