Harbor Freight Customer Service

Contact Harbor Freight Corporate

Toll free phone number: 818-836-5000

Welcome to the Harbor Freight complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against Harbor Freight online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the Harbor Freight corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Harbor Freight Contact Information

• Harbor Freight headquarters address

• 26541 Agoura Road
    • Calabasas
    • CA 91302

818-836-5000

Browse reviews of other Home Improvement

Top Harbor Freight Complaints

I bought a 10 inch sliding compound saw with laser guide system. I was working with the saw and the Miter Lock broke. I called the 800# in the manual and they said they do not have that part. That was Dec 31st,2018, The lady told me to go on the computer and go to TOOLPRICEDIRECT.COM and also eReplacementparts.com. I went on both sites and they do not have a part at all. I then went and sent a complaint and they said they would get back with me in two days. I have not heard anything. This afternoon I call 888-866-5797 and the lady said they do not carry that part. I then asked to speak to the Supervisor and he got on the phone and said we do not have the part. Asked him what am I suppose to do with the saw. He said it is your saw do what you want to do with it. He was not what I call a person looking out for the company. I have bought a lot of tools for Harbor Freight and do like the pricing and products they have. Now I have a MITER SAW I can not use and I am thinking about taking it to your store and drop it off. I will go somewhere else to purchase on if you can not do anything for me.

Harold Haskins

I went to harbor freight in somerset Kentucky I live in corbin Kentucky about a hour away we got two swivel head lamps free with any purchase now you may say they were free but you did have to make a purchase to get them I got home and the stupied things won't even come apart to put the batteries in the one that supposed to come apart to put batteries in is molded on and won't come off I think they may have known this because they we're up front in a box but they didn't say anything when I ask if they had anymore they just said they we're in the box and pointed I go over there all the time i've got a building of tools from harbor freight ladders saws grinders this very dis hearting is this gonna be my kind of experience now that a shame 606-523-9404 home number

I have been a hf customer for 30 years have spent over 100.000 at your tool store in Michigan. Love the tools love the servce. Over the last 6 months your prices and your product line have went crazy. Your medium quality tools were more than fair priced now your new line products are at the prices of the real guys. You put sears out of bussiness and now you think you own the world but the world is a very large place.!!!

Called 3 times to return a sprayer on the 844-416-9141 line. On hold for 30 minutes first call and then 10 on second-third call waited for 15 min and then they disconnected (I had excellent cell phone coverage). I went in to a store and told the manager my situation-she couldn't do anything even though I only put water in it...she said EPA bla bla bla. Spent $15 in gas and hour of life needs to be compensated but won't. Now I understand why many of my friends don't like shopping there. Bad taste and will spend my money elsewhere next time.

I had bought Electric Chicago 4-1/2" Angle Grinder last 3 months ago. it used at home only. There has something wrong inside of motor that bad shake when runs grinding. then I drove far as more than one hour to habor frighter store and told sale woman about happened to Grind tool. she said it is too late to return tool back as one week late. unable to do willing return tool back and refund. also do have a reciept with me. what shame to Store who won't accept late as one week. Other store like Walmart, Lowes, other stores do accept return as little late of date.

Purchased your large sand blast cabinet light didnt work contacted mtpleasant mi store where i purchased it to get replacement told me they would only exchange entire unit I spent almost a whole day assembling this unit and they refuse to exchange just the bulb

I recently purchased a garden sprayer #95690.The clerk told me that if I wanted to return the item I had to call 844-416-9141. When I opened the box, I saw that the item did not meet my needs. When I called the 800 number, I was told that the item was not returnable and that I could only get a store credit.
I don't want a store credit. I want a refund. Had I known at the time of purchase that the item was not returnable I would not have purchased it.
The first I learned about the item not being returnable was when I called the 800 number.
I understand that you may be complying with the law, but you have both a moral and legal obligation to tell me that the item is not returnable at the time of purchase.
When you refund my money, this issue will be closed. Otherwise, I have no choice but to pursue the matter in whatever way I can.

Sioux City Iowa Harbor freight store: I called complaint in about Manager 7/22/18 she would not help and informed me several times the store did not carry wheels. (That is what I was getting) My son hearing this returned to the store and got the wheel and said something to the clerk I just wanted to pass this information for such poor service from a manager. I think another clerk was going to try to help but the manager was visiting with 2 clerks and I guess didn't want to be bothered by customers.

Making a return,I was talked to like a child,I'm a 60 vet,made a return,and exchange.in Rockingham NC.
He said,I,ll do it this time.
That's not how you talk to people.
Something needs to be done..
704-640-1548
I made the return a couple weeks ago.
I will be speaking to the person whom
Talked to me, like that,

to start with i travaled 60 miles to go to youre ridgecrest ca. store where i purchased a 10 in. 15 amp chicago/electric bench top table saw sku#63118 when saw was purchused 1 year warranty was also purchased and i 1 year time i had to return to harbor freight to return malfunctioning saws first one motar froze 1 month in #2 same reason #3 the rip feince rite out of the box would come loose half way threw a rip we all know how bad that can be and # 4 for a nother bad motor at that time i was made to buy another year warranty before they would even concider an exchange and mind you this was not even a year into the firs warrarnty purchasedt.the manager of that store did not have time for my questions about why i had to bye another warranty or anything else i needed i have drove a total of 240 miles to return the saw so how i see it i should have just bought a dewalt and not had any of these problems but i do like youre tools ive bought 5 differant pneumatic tools from you and had no problem with service or items im here to tell you im a loyal costumer have been one for a while i fill some kind of compensation is in order for gas time and everything that goes with it. thank you for youre time and pactionce ,singed loyall costumer please do the write thing i like youre tools and want to continue being one.ps 4 saws where got with same model #, 3 differant styals of saw where got, dont know if that means anything but there it is my complant in short .

Went in to the Local WILMINGTON NC STORE ON CAROLINA BEACH RD TODAY JUNE.1,2018 TO BUY 2- MOVING CARTS TO MOVE FURNITURE ON AND THE SIGN WAS PRICED AT 10.99 AND GOT TO CASH REGISTER AND THE GUY RANG THEM UP AND SAID THEY WERE $15.99 AND I SAID SIGN SAYS $10.99 EACH,THEN SOME RUDE ASS WANNA BE JERK OF ASST. MGR. WANTS TO SAY SHOW ME WHERE THE SIGN SAYS THAT SO I TOOK HIM BACK THERE AND SHOWED HIM AND HE SAID WELL I SEE IT SAYS THAT BUT THATS WRONG I SAID OK SO WHAT ARE GOING TO CHARGE ME HE SAY'S REAL SHITTY IF YOU WANT THEM YOU CAN PAY $15.99 EACH OR NO,AND THEN HE PROCEEDED TO TELL ME I CHANGED THE SIGN,LMAO,I SAID REALLY I CAME IN STORE PICKED THE 2-ITEMS UP FROM THE RACK MARKED $10.99 AND I CHANGED THE SIGN I SAID WHY DON'T YOU GO CHECK YOUR DAMN VIDEO CAMERS AND SEE WHICH DUMB ASS EMPLOYEE DIDN'T DO THERE JOB RIGHT,WHICH WAS PROB.HIM.AND THEN ON TOP OF THAT THE CASHIER DIDN'T EVEN BAG MY ITEMS UP AND WANTED TO BE AN SMART ASS AS WELL AND I SPEND A LOT OF MONEY IN THAT STORE BUT I WANT EVER SHOP AT THAT STORE AGAIN.I CALLED TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SHANE GENERAL MANGER AND HE WAS AN ASSHOLE AS WELL VERY UNPROFESSIONALLY AND DIDNT ASSIST ME THE CUSTOMER IN ANY KIND OF WAY OTHER THEN HE WANTED TO COVER UP HIS TWO EMPLOYEES WHILE I HAVE SEEN AND SPOKEN TO 8 PEOPLE SAID THEY HAVE SIMALAR ISSUES WITH THE BALD SMART ASS GUY WHO THINKS HE IS IN CHARGE.SORRY ASS PEOPLE IN THAT STORE AND WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THEY GET SOMEONE IN THERE WHO HAS COMMON SENSE,& SOMEKIND OF PROFESSINAL BACK GROUND WITH BRAINS.

My name is Samuel Cuellar, I'm a customer who was treated horribly at one of store's located at 4601 west Cermak Road Cicero, Illinois 60804, Store # 00820 on March 31, 2018, at approximately 2:15 pm. I was at this store to purchase a service cart that I have seen on the Harbor Freight website. When I entered the store I was unable to receive any assistance in locating this item. I finally located the service cart of my desire and proceeded to the cashier where I presented a 25 percent off item discount coupon. The cashier scanned the coupon and said it's not registering. I told the cashier to please manually input the coupon numbers and the cashier complied. Then the cashier said again it's not registering and just stared at me like there's nothing that could be done. When I told the cashier that I want to speak with a manager the cashier got an attitude with me, and then reluctantly notified a supervisor. I then told the cashier that I did not appreciate the ugly attitude and rudeness. Finally, a supervisor arrived and said what's the problem. I explained the problem to the supervisor and then he instructed the cashier to give a 25 percent item discount for this purchase. The cashier was unable to perform the purchase, at this time the supervisor took control of the cash register and implemented the discount. Before exiting the store I requested assistance from the manager with help in transporting the service cart to my vehicle. The manager stated that he did not have anyone available to help me with my service cart. I then proceeded to my vehicle with my service cart. I attempted to place the service cart box in the rear section of my truck at this moment it was extremely windy outside. A heavy gust of wind thrust the box forward and landed on the edge rear driver side corner light panel where it was damaged. If I was afforded the assistance that I requested from the manager this would have been avoided. I believe that Harbor Freight should send representatives to oversee and review the conditions of this store. I'm requesting the Harbor Freight Tools repair the damages to my vehicle as soon as possible. Feel free to contact me at (773) 350-9224. Thank you!

Went to Harbor Freight in Parkville Md , and went to use a gift card the was a Christmas gift , they tell me it expired , NO where on the card does it say that it expired , iam pissed card number 6276000000048098883 i dont know how old it might be ,but the only thing on the back of the card says purchases will be deducted from your balance until it reaches zero . I accepted the answer at the store as they dont make policies BUT this is wrong !

Hi,on February 16,2018 my husband and I stopped in our local harbor freight store ,we've been customers since the stores opening today they had 1 cashier and she was getting backed up she had asked a young man Eric ,would you open up for me for a bit, he told hr no,she looked at him and said. no? he repeated no and walked away .All he was doing was standing behind a register playing on a cell phone well when my turn came I told her she should call her manager and I'd speak to him about the young man ,her line was now at least 11 customers deep ,after me and I had just gotten to the register ,she stated He was the manager!!! I was shocked ,I felt like calling out. Cashier backup needed but didn't. Then when I get home I realize on my receipt that one of my coupons wasn't taken off the item was batteries $7.99 with coupon should have been $4.99 coupon good for up to 8 of the product I only had 2 and didn't get discount. West bank store ..customer #999009544767Store#00272 reg 4 tran #082794 3:04 pm Jernika was the cashier and she was sweet as could be especially with the way the manager just left her with such a long line, plus she also had to field phone calls .Stephanie M Adams sma11757@yahoo.com

the sales associate was a smart aleck. I was looking for a predator engine with a 5/8 inch shaft. We went with a 3/4inch shaft, used a 20% of coupon. It took a dollar off another item we bought no big deal, I asked why it took the dollar off the cheapest item Daniel the sales clerk got smart and said he didn't have to take anything off if he didn't want to.

I was working at store #790, gautier,ms. And upon working i noticed that i was being discussed about by one employee, to other workers and she Tes, would make comments to a peticular employee. Everything is on camera, i expressed to the employee that Tes is not suppose to discuss employee , job performance with other new hire employee, espescally in the presence of the employee in which the topic was about, many employees noticed i was singled out and humiliated , they refused to give me assignments, that pertain to the learning of the job. The employees that was aware of the bullying, and intemidation, discrimination,was Ray- store opener from another store, Ray -790 employee, Mike 790 store employee , Clay he would often tell me dont respond back just do what they asked. Clay was very nice to me. Betty was also at first but her demeener changed and she started at least talking to me with less discust . Cerra was very rude, Josh was just like Cerra, when one employee is aloud to treat a employee unfairly, its labor law issue. Tess was well aware she was violating the labor law . She stated it to a employee, on one of the many occassions a employee stated who did this and her job was to check a area, so asking Tes who did this area was not justifable and Tess responce was unaceptable . Tess responce was i am not suppose to say who did this and turned around and looked at me. I got so tired of her abuse i felt that if she was tolerated to bully on a employee i would not work for harbor freight anymore. And the company stood for bulling on the job.

We purchased a Chicago 12 inch sliding compound miter saw and the guard broke on the saw. It is very unsafe to operate without the guard. I wanted to order the part and Harbor Freight Layton, Utah could not give us any info. I went online and could not find a location to order the guard. The saw cost 199.00 and the only thing wrong with the saw is the blade guard is gone. I want to order a new blade guard and no one seems to know where...please just tell me where or please order it and ship it to me and I will pay for it.

I have been a Harbor Freight customer since you opened. I am 74 and my wife is 72 years of age. We, as well as our children and grandchildren ,are faithful customers. However, I don't know how much longer this can happen. Your stores are not handicapped or senior citizen "friendly". There no benches {which you sell} available to sit and catch your breath. There are no electric carts or even a wheel chair to use, which can actually increase your sales because these allow your medically challenged customers to browse longer and,most likely, spend more $$. When these matters were addressed with your store managers, several replys were " This is a tool store and we don't expect these kind of customers" " We are in compliance. All we have to provide is a handicap parking and an access curb". It appears as you really don"t value your loyal older customers. If you do, please fix this problem ASAP. Thank You. Charles M James

You send out sales papers with coupons that have 20-25% discount. This print says "on any one item". That is false advertisement because its NOT on ANY item!!! You fine print does not justify this false advertisement and I am NOT a happy customer!! The cashier was RUDE and ask if I needed someone to READ the fine print to me. This was uncalled for!!!! Your Clovis New Mexico store has hired a rude cashier. What ticked me off the most was your FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, "ON ANY ONE ITEM". Thanks for losing a sale!!

I need a replacement gas cap for a Gas power tool purchased about 5 years ago. When I called your customer service line to get a replacement gas cap. They said the product is no longer available, not to mention the waste of time waiting on hold. I have lost over an hour of my time, just trying to find a gas cap that you no longer support. How can I ever buy another product from Harbor freight knowing that you don't support these purchases with parts? This is ridiculous. It's a standard gas cap, that I feel sure, is used on multiple different equipment sold at Harbor freight.

To make it worse, I even purchased your extended warranty on that product. Your company says they want us to feel like family and they want to provide great customer service. If it weren't so sad, I would laugh at the contrast of what your recording says vs. what Harbor Freight actually provides as customer service. Does this rotten company actually call that customer service. Wow!

I live in Ridgeland, MS and the Harbor Freight Tools company should be ashamed of itself. Why do they let those big truck block a majority of the parking lot? Others business is suffering. Taco Bell and Krispy Kreme are losing customers too! My town is not ghetto. We want those shipping trucks out of here, that place is not a truck stop! I will report this to the news and the Mayor of my great city.

I purchased a set of Solar String Lights. They were placed in my garage, still packaged, until I could get around to installing them. I had purchased other Solar String Lights previously, that I was installing slowly when I decided where I was going to place them. So I installed the lights previously purchased from the Valrico, Florida store. Then I opened the last box, (which it turns out had been purchased approximately 95 days previously. When opened the sealed box I discovered a part that holds the Solar Light device was missing.

I returned this purchase back to the Valrico, Florida with my receipt for exchange. I was informed by the Manager that the 90 day warranty had expired., and it was not their fault that I had not opened the box before that. I explained to her that all of that may be true. However, a company can not sell a product to the public, if parts from the enclosed purchased are missing, without replacing them when notified.

She finally relented and made the exchange. This left a very bad taste in my mouth. I am and have been a long time regular customer at Harbor Freight Tools. However, since Ace Hardware is located less than a mile from my resident and Harbor Freight is about 10 miles away, Ace might be my best option for my future needs.

No new parts available for auger 67414 or 60622. Actually it seems that Harbor Freight is not supplying parts for hardly anything that they sell. This explains why I won't be buying any more tools from Harbor Freight. Reputable firms supply spare parts and stand behind their products. If you aren't going to supply parts then please supply access to the manufacturer of the item so that they might be sourced from them. These augers are not a $10 throwaway type of tool, so most folks expect to be able to get parts for them especially when they are not that old.

At first I was a little put off by the Harbor Tools website. It seemed cheap and low quality, but after reading several reviews it seems like a trustworthy website. The complaints against the company are few and far between.

A-Z is available on hardware products at Harbor Freight Tools. I have been to their store to get few tools and found this place really incredible. Great selection, cheap prices that you won't really be able to find anywhere else. I was amazed at how much I could find at such low price. They have plenty of Shopping Carts and Orange Hand Baskets for customers to use while shopping which is I think really useful. HFT is a great place to shop and has many thing from the smallest to the biggest of all tools. I love this store and would recommend this place to people who want hardware stuff.

Have feedback for Harbor Freight?