AOL Customer Service

Contact AOL Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-827-6364

AOL is an internet services and media company. It is one of the largest in the world, and because of that there are plenty of AOL complaints to go around. Many of them include poor customer service, problems with email and internet connections, and problems contacting the corporate office. Because AOL is a more traditional media company, they primarily rely on dated methods of handling problems with customers.

Many customers report frustrations trying to solve even the most basic of troubleshooting tasks to correct browser, internet, or email issues. The CEO of AOL is Tim Armstrong, who famously fired an employee while being recorded several years ago. He has been the CEO since 2009. If you need to write a letter to the CEO, his address is 770 Broadway New York, NY 10003. The corporate office phone number is (212) 206-4400.

The majority of complaints against the company stem from a lack of innovation, communication, and customer support. Although, given the corporations recent challenges at headquarters, it is not likely these problems will be resolved anytime soon. Focusing on customers simply is not a priority for AOL.

AOL Contact Information

• AOL headquarters address

• 770 Broadway New York
    • NY 10003

1-800-827-6364

Browse reviews of other Internet Services

Top AOL Complaints

I have used an AOL account for many years, and believe it services my needs, and prefer it to Google due to easy of use
and clarity of formats. I have always respected AOL reporting and trusting same.

However I am very disappointed at the miss leading, incomplete, and inaccurate news information, with bias, that many AOL News entries
now contain online.

Many of your writers of such articles are not reporting news, with sufficient real, or full facts, but slanting their articles with their own opinions
to form, I think, a political opinion they push.

I hope AOL management favors full facts and fully honest reporting. Not slanted articles.

Let the American people read the complete verified facts of any AOL subject on line.

Do not slant a article for any political purpose, party, or a wanted political result.

We all deserve honest responsible journalistic articles. NOT SLANTED PROPAGANDA.

This complaint is on executive Sam August September I sent e mail to Sam no e mail back for 2 months problem with AOL WELCOMESCREEN is new it sucks old WELCOMSCREEN IS better I was happy I told Sam that e mail AUGUST and September Sam got e mail never fixed problem Sam don't care what AOL want or what best for AOL members 2 months same issue and other problem my e mail says it all that Sam never fixed or e mailed reply today is 9/20/2018 I finally got a reply back it said sorry this email is no longer valued this was new to me after 2 months SAM DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION OR FIX PROBLEM YET I been a AOL member 18 years no respect from executive SAM I am mad my e mail says it all that I sent to executive Sam investigate who is right who is wrong I will work with you to sole this problem soon OLD WELCOME SCREEN was better the problem with AOL nobody listen to e mail or feedback that my opion only please investigate email I sent executive SAM THANK YOU . PS and calls to SAM no return call back to me with number.

Today I called to change my billing info. from one credit card to another; representative tried to sell me a 1 month free trial - I said if you're going to have a company call me telling me that my computer has been compromised and attempt to sell me a $300.00 + to clean up my computer - I don't want to go there. AOL has thrown me into this horrible company a number of times, requiring that I pay a computer expert to get rid of them. They block my computer that I can navigate at all. I hope whatever company AOL is using to perform this act of hostage taking that they stop this kind of behavior.

Why is it every Head line post story that idiot Kane West pops up with that stupid comment about slaves. There is no need to keep running that story. PLEASE stop posting that idiot...

My complaint is I cant get pass my Security questions. When I initially open my Aol Free account it was early 2000. My Security questions were my Dad's Date of Birth, Mother's maiden name, and name of elementary school. I no longer used the phone number that I listed on the account. Tried to update information over the years. For what ever reason, none of my information was updated. New phone number. So the problem is, Aol is still using the original number that I used on the account, which is now disconnected. Also, it was in early 2000 and I certainly don't know my last bill of pay. Yes, I agree stricter security code, but if can identify original Security questions, all of my old and current passwords, I am at a lost. My work and personal information are associated with this email address. On top of that,, the banks only go back 5 years. So, I couldn't even get information regarding last bill of pay , and last 4 digits of CC card. Please Aol even had the issue "escalated" and Tech team could not push pass their system . Please have mercy on me, and I willing to have my data to be at risk, so that I can get to emails that I need for work. Please help .
Tammy Thomas 901-314-7145.

Want money for a Gold Plan. I never signed up for one, so I wish you would give my account a credit. Thank you.

Still no banner headline about possible return of KIA's from North Korea. No positive and no negative. But no worries, you do have a banner
headline about what a farmer found in a pig's stomach. Do you people even realize how idiotic this make's you look. I pay for a service and
I want more positive stuff about good things occurring in and around our country. Give me what I want.

After about 20 years with AOL I have decided that you folks don't give a shit about customer support. So I cancelled my account today. This morning I had to reboot my windows 10 and I lost my AOL Gold desktop. I spent about 4 hours trying to get it re-established, during which time your tech support folks took over my computer twice and surfed thru my files until I had had enough of the bullshit. All I wanted to do was download AOL gold. Instead I got a bunch of crap from folks that barely spoke English. At first they started telling me that there was a problem with my account. Funny, since I haven't missed a payment is 20 years. Then they said they were having trouble with their server. So...they had lied to me. Shit fellas!!! If you can't download Gold off a website in 10 minutes, who the fuck needs it. So you lost one of your oldest, most faithful customers because your customer support sucks so bad. Good luck with your turd.

Okay AOL..here's the deal: You have someone very lazy working your daily posting on homepages. Some of the posts have been around for months and now and then..years! But regardless everyday we are lucky to get 3-4 new posts and the rest is the same-o same-o posts that have been around for days and weeks. Boring! Very very boring! I have been a customer for over twenty years but I'll tell you I slip on over to Yahoo where I get a heck of a lot of new posts and info everyday. Therefore I am also seeing their ads everyday as well...not so much yours. So get with the program...get some live wired posts coming through...even if they are boring at least get new ones...had enough of the same old worn out posts.
Stephanie Gogarty

Still no news banners about the good GDP number or more importantly the return of KIA's from North Korea. Hypocrites. Try a news
agency not from Cally or New York. Maybe from the USA. Hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I pay for info-supply what I want to see

Your news banner people never miss a chance to hammer Trump about what they believe relates to how bad he is. Never any good news.
Hypocrites, There is not one banner or article about Trump and Pompey getting our KIA's returned from North Korea after 70 years. Your
news banner people are Americans right! They see no value in discussing the return. Hypocrites-should be ashamed of yourselves. Your
hate is evident and seem's to be only getting worse

Your company and news vendors are very good at posting banners about Trump, Fox ,Republicans. But today when the the
GDP grew at 4.1%. I cannot find a single banner about it. Such hypocrites you are. I pay for this service and I expect you to
post all the good and bad news.

You keep running most delusional commentator on fox news. Its like when you have no new BS to post you throw this up again and again. I am
sure if you looked at CNN or MSNBC (I'm sure you do) There are delusional commentators on there as well. Brain Williams, Rachel Maddow,
take your pick on CNN. I pay you a fee, I want fairness.

How many times are you going to run Fox host most delusional banner. I have seen it at least 20 times. You must be owned by CNN. Give us
a break. If you have ever looked at Morning Joe on msnbc you will know what delusional is. Also. Maddow at night. Your and their hatred of
Fox and Trump and anyone is obvious. By the way post some of their delusional people on your site. I want to be able to control what you
post for me because I pay you

I have been with AOL for years now. I am so tired of their biased news reporting. Unbiased news reporters are truly a thing of the past. Sean Hannity said journalism is dead and he is right. Our president has done and is continuing to do great things yet Aol will never report it. It's a shame you Trump bashers will benefit from his tax cuts. He's not weak like our last president, I guess that's what liberals can identify with is weakness. It would be nice if AOL news would give the good and the bad, and not be biased. But then that would be journalism,

The emails i'v been receiving years with or without attachments.Last 3,4 months it Stopt. I don't now why I'v try all the directions AOl listed on help section it just does not worked. #1 There is more then one setting i,v try all of them ie AOL mail page options there is SAFE AND BLOCKED SENDERS AS INSTRUCTED ,another direction options below my name on aol email page then click mail settings no ware to fine ,an other one go to spam folder the address I want to remove from blocked list,on and on.Where and under what settings I should go that has .Mail Options and or blocked senders list so I can unblock.Is there a simpler directions ? Because mail page under my mail address options there is non of the options has what I am looking for to continue .Also I never made any changes to block these senders, I am missing importent informations has been email to me .Calling you toll free phone # dos not work for me since I am in another country of Turkey.Please help.I am inclosing my phone # incase there is a AOL customer service in this country..Phon # is 011 90 232 246 5686.I thank you in advance for your help.

(AOL does not provide a link to write, so I'm using this site.)
Writing this to you from the public library. AOL "Dialer" will not let me connect with the assigned numbers to you.
In March this year, same problem happened. That time, tech support acknowledged there was "a weakness" on your end in connecting with my modem calls. Problem solved after a week. Had to use an alternative assigned number to connect, resulted in a long distance charge from phone company of nearly $300.

PLEASE READ latest CASE# 0603 2897 for FOR COMPLETE INFO.
Phone with "tech support" today ended with "Senior Tech" said it's something wrong with my computer. Not with the access numbers assigned. My Local computer service has checked my computer. AOL Tech said, that is the "only option".

So, two months ago with identical problem, AOL DID fix the "weakness".
This time, AOL does NOT want to check their own weakness.

Fyi, one of your phone consultants suggested that "almost nobody in the world uses dial-up anymore. That I SHOULD TRY TO CONNECT WITH A DIFFERENT ISP!!!! "
I have been told that "nobody uses AOL anymore and that AOL doesn't care.

Also, as you can see, I've been a paying AOL member for nearly 18 years. NEVER had a problem connecting to the internet UNTIL I HAD TO use the "DIALER". Have the latest - the one and only - version of Dialer loaded on my computer. It worked for a while. Sometimes. Not at all this past week.
I'm ready to copy this to FCC. First I'll wait briefly for your careful response and/or fix.
Margaret - screen name MECHASKA@AOL.com

As a longtime AOL customer, I have begun to wonder if AOL has a specific editor or department that posts extremely grotesque photos every week of mangled, bloody, nauseating, diseased animals and individuals along with any form of disgusting pictures of babies, children and adults.with grotesque deformities. I have to quickly flip past these disturbing photos every week to keep from losing my appetite or losing my lunch.
There is so much else in the world to show us. Why put these nauseating pictures mixed for no apparent reason with the news of the day?
Julius Hunter
kelton4@aol.com
St. Louis

Why am I paying for AOL gold when on a daily basis I can't get my email. And at 3 in the afternoon while trying to get help, I am told that there are no agents and I should call back during regular business hours?

At least once a week I cannot read my mail. Message reads to come back in 5 minutes-HaH. Been waiting for 50 minutes. Why do I have to pay for such bad service each week. What is your problem. Talking with other people, they don,t have this problem with their providers, ever. This happens at least once a week, and I am tired of paying for this kind of service. Why don,t you fix it. Can,t understand why not.

Now that we are all paying you to use AOL, we should get better service. I send spam complaints about the same company over and over and nothing ever gets done. Most are from the same company. I have tried opting out, but it is impossible. They just ignore my requests and I end up getting more emails from them. Here are some examples:

xt808tActicAISpecial AI
Try Nerve Renew for Fast Relief From Neuropathy Symptoms: 2 Week Free Trial
nyamzagd@etugen.mn
Medical-Marijuana CDB has Helped Millions-Try it for Free Today
Keto Free Slim Nutrition
Keto Healthy Life Ketosis-The Last Diet Plan You'll Need
Marine-D3 Blood Sugar

I get these emails multiple times per day and I can tell immediately they are spam. Why can't you? Why don't you block these spammers or take some action against them? This is ridiculous!

AOL has been billing me $39.99 for what? I started paying 24.99 for using their email back in 2000. I just kept paying to use my email address because I didn’t want to change my email address. I became disabled and just kept paying the service. I have been very sick and I found out I have another issue Lupus. I am now feeling better and started paying my bills and I saw they are billing me 39.99 for using their email address. They are jacking up people’s bills. I am sure the people who are elderly and Someone is paying their bills when they are not able to do so are just jacking up the price and the auto billing is taking their money. I had no way of knowing you increased the price or when. I can’t find a email address to complain. I can’t even go to aol and sign in because I don’t remember my password. I use my email on my phone and iPad. They make it impossible to get ahold of them. What a scam...

AOL's stories and articles have become so vile that in good conscience I can no longer be a customer after 17 years. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. All they do is perpetuate negative sensationalism that only leads to further dissension -- the opposite of what this country needs today. Goodbye AOL, and if you don't straighten up, may the world see your gossip and anti conservative rhetoric for what it is... garbage.

Why do I have to wait 4-6 minutes for some lousy, unwanted ad to appear before I can complete logon or any other action??? I don't want to see any ads. I have "opted out of all ads" previously, but it doesn't mean anything to you! And your Customer Service telephone response is horrible ---- my experience is that even if I hang on and wait for a representative to answer for more than a half an hour ---nothing, no one responds to the call! Your service is getting disgusting --- and I'm paying for it!!!!
Thanks for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that every time I sign into my AOL account I have to also type in my AOL password? I didn't have to until a few weeks ago, why now? I usually could get into AOL without supplying the password after the initial sign in as long as I didn't shut down the computer. This has become a pain in the ass. Crap like this usually happens right after an up date by AOL.

I am soooo disgusted not being able to read an article without all the advertisments shown with it. Next Page, Next Page, Next page......is all I get.
And it's slow. If you are posting something you want me to read, let me read it through. Will just use AOL for mail from now on.until I just get rid of aol altogether. Frustrated.....

I am92+-sick-disabled-have been a customer for many years.Have spent over 35 hours with tech etc. to fix aol computer checkup.deleted and reinstalled with technician still not working correctly.(hope i am not charged twice).Unless I can get a super technician who can fix problem i may leave AOL.Please make sure i am not charged twice and see if you can fix my problem.
561 372 5264

This is the worst service I couldn't even give AOL 1 star. Can't send messages, Another persons user name shows up on my emails and I don't know what the AT&T affiliation and that just as bad. Do I have to get another carrier, this is beyond stupid.

YOUR SITE IS SO ANTI PRESIDENT TRUMP.
WE STAY WITH YOU JUST TO SEE THE DEMOCRAT THOUGHTS, BUT IT IS GETTING SO RIDICULOUS.

i would like aol to check very bad langue towards other plaers texas olden limits player is tutty baker its impossible that your new regulations let this fowel langue go thru just read in the chat section in texas holder limit and you will see for yourself please

I have (had) McAfee free with my AOl acct Got too many viruses because they stopped protecting me for over a year.
sent messages to aol and McAfee so many times no help. I finally thought I had McAfee back what a joke still have all
the same problems Can not return you to AOL Lots of error message. Internet explorer had to close Tab Took 10 minutes
to read one e-mail. Computer changes what I am doing all the time.Feel so helpless at the mercy of these companies
who never seem to fix the many problems senior citizen fixed income

It is sad to see the AOL news becoming so biased and politicized with regard to Donald Trump. I have been 15 years with AOL , but it looks like it is
- time to move on. I do not need a provider bombarding me with selective political garb - I have enough from the rest of the media.

I cannot sign in to my email account....haven't been able to for days.....what is going on with this?>????????????????????????????????????

I suggest doing the AOL option for now to keep that old email address alive while you transfer everything over to new Gmail account. So later if you forgot to change an online account over to use Gmail address you will still have access to change it using AOL account which will still use same verizon.net address. I would NOT continue using AOL account because they will probably go away also. for more infomation: http://www.aolemail-support.com/aol-support-phone-number.html

Your new gold program could not be more FU--ed up
you have released this piece of SH-T without checking the program.
I am paralyzed with this and have no choice.
Get someone in there who understands cross platforms too--as nothing erased ever leaves your server...WTF????
and you have a nerve calling yourselves AMERICA on LINE
NO NE is AMERICAN
NOONE speaks American English
Wait times are more than 40 min only to be told WRONG DEPT...REALLY???
and your music SUCKS
I am a stock holder.
YOU ARE INCOMPETENT!
I am contacting investor relations
You should all be fired.

You made me upgrade to your new product. NO ONE in the history of the internet has ever required that of a paying customer, and then given them an inferior product. Here it is, December 9th and I still cannot print address labels as I have done for the past 5 years or so. Why would you insist your paying customers upgrade their aol version that has less functionality. Why do I continue to pay you a monthly fee for the privilege of using your product? I want my money back!!

Still unable to make NEW FOLDERS, links do not work and I have asked about it for a long time.

Now I cannot put anything in MY FAVORITES, it does not show up in the My Favorites.

Unable to list mail, wait 5 minutes, has been going on a long time. I have reported it numerous times. Not only inconvenient but extremely time consuming.

Constance Hingert@Aol.com

I have been a member of AOL for more years that I can remember. I am a retired Federal Worker who was an Electronic Engineer and Program Manager at the FAA's Technical Center in Atlantic City. I was chosen to head the Agencies highest Technical Program at the Center by the Center Director with the following words:
"Al, you are one Hell of a good Engineer....and your Honesty and Integrity cannot be questioned. ...
I want you to take over the FAA's Testing program of "Airborne Collision Systems."
Additionally, during an Emergency call to Washington the Director placed me in charge of the entire Center with the following words to the Division Secretary. "Tell AL he is Now in Charge...I am heading down to the hanger where they are warming up a plane to take me to Washington for an Emergency meeting."
There were four other Divisions Managers the Director could have called upon as I was only acting while my for my Division Manager while was on leave and held no Supervisory position even though I was Center's foremost Program Manager.

During that period I also designed a "USER-FRIENDLY computerized Information Program for my Program. The Head of the Contract Department informed the Center Director of my program with the following words. "Al Lolli has developed a computerized program that he knows more of what is going on in my Division than I do". As a result I was tasked by the Director to develop a program for the Rest of the Technical side of the Center...and eventually for the entire Center - including the Administrative side. FAA National Headquarters in Washington somehow became aware of the system I had developed that the Alaska Region was tasked with the responsibility of copying my system and implementing it throughout the FAA. The system I designed tracked, in real time, via the computer every action related to an approved milestone program from the " Cradle to the Grave" ...every purchase..whether it be a product or Service, Including the letting of Contracts for material and services.

SO..when i am contacting you and criticizing your New AOL GOLD...I am pretty much an expert in User Friendly Computer programs .

YOUR NEW AOL GOLD IS FOR THE BIRDS..AN NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED BEFORE ALL THE BUGS HAD BEEN WORKED OUT. THE PERSON IN CHARGE SHOULD BE FIRED... IT SHOULD IMMEDIATELY BE REMOVED FROM ONLINE AND REPLACED WITH THE LATEST FORMER VERSION UNTIL YOUR "NEW AOL GOLD HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY TESTED AND WORKING 100% CORRECTLY."

TO ALLOW IT TO REMAIN ONLINE NOW ..IS A DIRECT REFLECTION ON YOU PERSONALLY... AND YOU SHOULD GIVE ORDERS TO IMMEDIATELY REPLACE IT WITH A FORMER VERSION UNTIL THE NEW VERSION IS OPERATING PROPERLY.

OTHERWISE... YOUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS... (OF WHICH I WISH I WERE A MEMBER) SHOULD TAKE SERIOUS ACTION AGAINST YOU... INCLUDING IF POSSIBLE. YOUR TERMINATION.

Should you have any objections to this correspondence, I would be most happy to hear from you.
I would also be most happy to converse with you via my Cell Phone 856-300 4287.

Should you attempt to call me on my REGULAR home phone 856-691-0661...my system will block you since I do not know and have not entered your phone number into its memory of allowable calls.

Finally... Please have all your customers contacted, and for those that agree....have their previous AOL version replace AOL GOLD. For those who wish to continue with your AOL GOLD service...make no changes. That would certainly cut down on the long frustrating wait times now prevalent when trying to reach any of your AOL Services.

I sincerely hope you take this correspondence seriously and take appropriate action. I also suggest you read all the unsatisfied AOL customers that have furnished complaints online. Just search on "AOL GOLD COMPLAINTS.

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED
PLEASE HAVE A SUPERVISOR CONTACT ME AT 917-796-6444

THIRD REUEST

We have been experiencing problems accessing our mail for a few days. A call was made to aol support. On speaking to someone who said he was a technician, he stated that our internet was being compromise by hackers from Russia, China, and here in USA. I asked him why did he not inform us. He stated that we needed a software in the cost of 149.99. I found this very suspicious and proceeded not to accept this, based on his not informing us and then the cost he was asking. I made another call and spoke to another technician who told me differently. In the past we have had persons from or stated that they were from aol who stated we were experiencing problems and unless we pay to have them fixed, we would have internet issues.
Question : are some of your tech support maliciously creating problems internet wise so they can rob customers?. Why if aol was aware that we had the problems he mentioned, why did he not inform us?
We await your response as we intend to report this to a law enforcement agency. I now wonder if some of your tech support collude with hackers to impact customer service for monetary gains.

On the News site you a President comment site. You should read the name calling and hate. It should be taken down cause AOL is respontable for it

The new AOL GOLD SUCKS!!! You took AWAY!! all the things that I liked about aol..
Easy photo Editing right in emails!!
Seeing who mailed you without opening the mail file.
Easy access to setting!

I HATE IT!!! I want the old version back!!!

AOLGold is terrible after my 31 yr membership!
Installed & uninstalled twice. Imported from File
twice. And still:
1. Lost All Favorites & keep losing after 3 AOL Gold installs
    Favs on list keeps disappearing
2. Select All (Edit Button) doesn't work (Must use CTRL+A
3. Tool Bar Edit & Download Mgr "Coming Soon Notice"...When????
4."Mail Error Try Again in 5 Minutes Notice" keeps appearing
5, Email & Browser Pages = 10 seconds to appear. Slow. Slow. But not my computer.
6. Takes forever to save mail to File Cabinet
7. JUST SUCKS ... GUESS I MUST TO SELECT A DIFFERENT PROGRAM AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

AOL Finance folder which is run by SIG FIG is not a reliable service to track a portfolio. Some NYSE stocks are not updated or be added to a portfolio. I have been complaining to sig fig about a certain stock and the send me a canned answer that the are working on it. For almost 2 months I cannot update a stock (BRK'B BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC)

I have been a member since 2003.
I am unable to navigate the mail system in AOL Desktop Gold. No one is happy with this!
If you do not allow me to use my previous desktop, I will have to drop AOL and I am not alone.

Downloaded aol gold two weeks ago. will not let me reply to emails. went on chat with "alice c". she imediately closed the chat box and started to do a number of things to my computer as she was not resolving the problem quickly. I brought up the text box to try and typed and she repeatedly stepped on my attempts to chat. I finally got the word "STOP" typed in and asked her what in the world is wrong with her. I then told here I still have the old version of aol on my computer thinking this my causing the problem. She typed "let me do my work" and blew me off. I had to disconnect her. I have now been waiting to talk to someone at aol for over 15 minutes and still no help. Not a happy camper with AOL Gold nor the AOL support what so ever.

I loved my old AOL. I had it for years and loved it. People always laughed because I was still using it but it was fast and easy. I loved my fav places, I love the ease of using the email. I just loved everything.

GOLD SUCKS. It is soooo slow. I hate the ads on my email...actually, I hate everything about it. Why do companies feel like they always have to change something that works perfectly? Windows XP is another example. It was by far the best version ever, but did they keep it? Or let me keep it? Oh, no, it had to go. And now my AOL is gone, too.

And I may be right behind it.

I have been an aol customer for a few years and this might be my last. My grandson has been telling me for a long time to get rid of aol, and now I think he is right. I only have 24 hours in a day, and to have to spend several hours on the phone waiting for someone to answer and finally I get someone who cannot help me, then calling back again waiting for a long period of time and then get disconnected is not the way to run a business. There was a time when aol was a valued company and I should have sold the stock instead of holding on to it and watched it go down to be practically worthless. I also should have realized at that time, to keep using the company as my internet provider was a total waste of my valuable time and money. aol gold is a total disaster, and the technicians and all those in charge of this new should be fired immediately and anyone left should go to the nearest grade school and hire 4th or 5th grade students to create a new aol system that can be accessed in a manner that has not been available for a long time.
Jerry Yaros 732-548-4317 November 1, 2017

Customer in Germany 1996-2000, since then AOL USA but now again in Germany. Desktop 9.8.2 was the best product. Pay $12.99 monthly. Must update to GOLD. Problems: Welcome Screen German language with a mix of German and English commercials. Rough 4000 stored incoming emails in approximately 50 folders; all folders are gone, hopless to find what you want. As well outgoing mail folders has disappeared, only the mails are still there. Favorites still exist, but since a few weeks I can't forward to friends; sometimes message "coming soon".
Enter AOL USA works only when I for example type AOL.com in the Goggle Browser, type my password and then I get San Diego/CAs temperatures, news and of course can download and write emails too. But, this log in without the US-Welcome Screen!
I've sent emails to AOL and chats too; their recommendation didn't work.
AOL GOLD is a nightmare and meanwhile I intend to cancel my membership ...after 21 years.
PS one star is too much, zero star would be correct!

I'm getting pretty sick of you trying to drown and down Donald Trump. You are part of a follower group it seems and you
have no idea that communism and socialism is what you will get if you lose Trump. There will be no news networks under
communism and for some reason you people can't figure that out. There will be no freedoms. Donald Trump might not be
the most likeable person there is, but he didn't need the job, the money, the fame, the experience, to apply for this job. The
majority of Americans love liberty and want a US government that provides freedom and development. You don't have to
like Trump and I'm not a fan of his character but he is the only thing keeping your family and your lifestyle continuous. If you
would please drop your anti Trump reputation and news slanted toward his destruction , it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

One last thing...... I've been with AOL forever and I find myself avoiding admitting it at coffee sittings. Please stop?

I realize no one will probably see this!!! However if they should, I just want to say you are the most Liberal news reporters I've ever seen!!! You Never report anything Positive about our President or his family! I'm sure your whole system is Corrupt to the bone!! However, there isn't a choice of what we see on AOL.com, gives me the creeps it's so BAD!! It's "Communistic" when we don't have a" Fair" news outlet on AOL.com.!!!! YOU ALL are very Crappy, the worst !! One day, we will have a CHOICE to get off AOL!!!!!!

Since I have downloaded AOL Gold is performs erratic when logging on and is to slow to come on line. When I attempt to send an email it entry page drops multiple times. I was more satisfied with AOL 9.8.

I now have 71 emails in my spam folder from both shark tank and dr oz. There is no way of my unsubscribing. I've tried since forced into aol from Verizon (I say forced because it's the only site I could keep my username) Can you tell me why they are the only spam that I can't reach the site to unsubscribe. How can you allow this to happen and not address it. These aol complaint sites have done nothing as far as i'm concerned to help us.

today at 12:00 i i called aol for help with my account and aol customer service was unable to help with my issue so i canceled my aol account today and because they are delete the aol app in december 15th 2017 . ect and i called another day witch i don to remember they day i called but i called for help with my away message on aol on how to name them and not have to delta them and put in every day a different one each day ... can someone from this site call me at 732-713-9879 thank nick debias

For over two days now, both incoming and outgoing e-mails are sporadically not going through. I've spoken with tech support repeatedly (names & ID # s available) and only gotten a run around. Being told we know there's a problem and you'll just have to wait until we fix it is not customer service. i was promised a call back within 24-48 hours with an update; needles to say, never got one. How does one actually engage with someone, anyone who can fix the problem?

AOL's Email page is so dysfunctional that I would lose it in a second if I could find another option. I had to take it when Verizon left. I thought AOL was out of business a long time ago for treating their customers like crap? When I type in the "search box" key words i'm looking for in emails in my "in box" it takes at least 3 tries to get the list and another 3-4 tries to delete all of them completely. If I go through my "in box' a check each one that I want to move to a folder about half way into it the screen will blink and come back on with all the checks missing. the site is incredibly slow. When scrolling it stops and starts and sputters and then goes really fast.

Is AOL news from the old Huffington Post? We AOL users had a choice between the socialist left (Greek Politics in America Huf Post) and other news outlets. Why did you change that? I would estimate that there were 99 negative Trump and 3 or 4 negative HRC stories over past two weeks alone. It getting to the point the Greek Socialist point of view of the AOL news is too much to bear. AOL news is more like Pravada - constant propaganda from the left without a single dissenting view.

I totally dislike the (new) version layout of AOL I dislike clicking on every email I don't want to read! Why can't the program ask me to "click on those I wish to read"? Also now my prior Address Book, Family members, ect. are totally missing! This all happened about three weeks ago, as apparently the version was changed without my permission nor notification! As a " many years customer" I am very dissatisfied! Suddenly I could no longer connect to AOL, Century Link couldn't help me, get access, The next day there appeared a second and only AOL working Icon. I prefer the previous version and I want my address book back! I spend too much time canceling every email that I don't want to read!

Someone hacked my computer while I was using it and froze up everything. They were trying to get $150 out of me pretending to be from Microsoft Windows. I said I would not pay. There was a number that I called because I didn't think I had a choice since I was froze up. I hung up and then called AOL who told me I had been scammed but that I had to Subscribe to AOL Assist before they would fix it.That is costing me $19.99 for 10 months so I feel scammed again. I'm retired on a limited budget and don't really want this service. Said I couldn't cancel.

AOL ads are an absolute annoying condition. Every news item I am interested in makes me watch some ad or other. This is getting to such an annoyance that I may switch to another home page. Something else about AOL's Subject blocks, you use deceptive advertising when you show a persons face as a lead in to the article. But the article is about anything but that person. I have stopped watching them as they waste my time. Dumb advertising at the least.

AOL has become the worst email service in the country. My email crashes every time I to write an email. Switching to gmail immediately and will tell all my friends the same thing. Tim Armstrong and Verizon what have you done?

AOL news is very liberal and bias against the Republican Party and Donald Trump. It is obvious that AOL supports Hillary and the Democrat Party. Also they have at least 2 or 3 crazy articales on the Kardashians. What makes these people so important for so many articles? Most people could care less about the Kardashians.

I have had an issue with AOL and several Facebook pages used by our club. The issue, I can't access the F/B pages. I get a "We encountered an error.....(Exception_Access_Violation)". I called the first time and was told AOL is having an issue and will be fixed soon. A couple weeks later, I call and the Tech guy goes on my computer and does a scan check. Turns out I had some issues and the tech suggested we purchase "System Mechanic". After all of this it did work again, but just for a couple days an I got the same message.

Called later and told AOL is still working on it. Called again, the tech goes through another scan and asks where System Mechanic came from. I told him that the AOL Tech installed it. He said that was a mistake and removed it telling me he would turn this over to Cisco for doing a "Repair". This costing about $430. I told him no. We have had AOL for many years and now I don't know who to trust. We have not had issues with AOL in the past with only minor issues but this is making me question staying with AOL. I would appreciate your thoughts!

AOL headlines reveal a strong bias against Hillary Clinton and for Donald Trump. Is their news journalism or a political agenda?

A few years back I complained that in order to make comments on new articles I needed to have a Facebook account. For about eight to ten months that requirement seemed to disappear. However, it has returned again and again, I want to know why you are denying me my rights to free speech? Being a paying member of AOL should be good enough to make comments. Huffington Post, out to make another dime, has continued to be the problem. I wonder what the ACLU will say.

Why does AOL play politics? Your journalist are getting to be so left leaning it's pathetic. You pick and choose stories that support that unethical lying Queen of Corruption Hillary while picking stories that take shots at Trump. I'm an Independent and I want neutral reporting not left sheep deciding what and how I read it. Even the complaints that are posted and political in nature are nothing but left sheep whining about Trump.

Where are the stories of Hillary's unethical behaviors, stories of her deleted emails, posting of her passing out and needed to be carried off. Either hire some decent journalist or find some with a shred of ethics. 20 years a customer and I'm about to call it quits with your company. I'm not going to fund piss poor journalist that are lap dogs to the left. Find writers that stand in the middle and have no bias that can actually write about news.

Why does AOL play politics? They have a news section. At the bottom of the news there is a place to enter a comment. I like to write comments about Trump and how bad he would be as president of my country. What I notice AOL does is put a pending approval on my comment, or just deletes it. This is an issue about freedom of speech. It's not fair that AOL censored my comments and allows the most anti-Obama comments to be posted. If anything, AOL should be neutral about politics. I'm hoping that someone connected with AOL puts an end to favoring a presidential candidate. I'm also hoping that someone in our news media investigates AOL's prejudice in politics.

I object to political advertising, especially ads promoting Donald Trump. appearing on my every check of email. The fact that AOL accepts ads from a mysogynistic, racist, homophobic probable child molester is in itself horrific, but I do not want to be exposed to such a monstrous man every time i check my mail! If this does not stop promptly, I will no longer use AOL as my mail source nor any longer visit the site.

I do not appreciate getting adult offers, even in the spam! These use various offensive terms for body parts, etc. etc. I have tried reporting them to phish@abuse.aol.com, with apparently no results. Are these people ever shut down? Also, we subscribe to a listserve, IN-bird: bird sightings around Indiana. Quite a few of these go in the spam; why is that? Not all do, however. Does the spam selector ever learn what individual AOL subscribers consider spam.

I have been a paying customer since 2000, sixteen years of loyalty and this is the first major complaint I have but it is a big one. My AOL account freezes and I can't close it, or correct it, Often I have to wait ten minutes before it acknowledges this fact and notifies me that AOL is not responding. Then it tells me Microsoft is checking for the problem, restarts and it freezes again.

I have called about this seven times---a tech takes over my screen does it thing, tells me it is okay. In a few hours back to square one, freeze up, I was getting a level two tech last three times and when I called the girl said I needed a level three and she was going to connect me. I hung up and contacted HP Smart Friend Service and he took over, did his thing and we both hoped for the best.

Three days later it happens again. The problem lies with your server and definitely with your techs. What do I have to do to get a person who is well qualified to get the job done right. This constant happening is frustrating this 85 year old lady who wants to do better things with my time than call AOL to fix my problem.

I can't open any of the items shown on your web page. All I get is "Whoops" and then an error page saying an error occured while trying to open a tab. I click on the refresh tabs link and still nothing happens. The upshot of all of this, is I can't use your service if you don't perform. If there is no resolution, I must terminate your "lack of service". No news, information, etc., just email. I have to go to msn or verixzon for the information I want.

I want to complaint about Donald Trump's AOL advertisement that was on my AOL page today. September, 6, 2016. The ad resembles Hitler giving his "Heil Hitler" arm signal. I am deeply deeply offended by the ad and I am surprised you did not censor it. I tried to copy the picture to post it to Facebook so I could take a survey among my friends, but I could not copy it. I will complain to my Congressman and Senator if I see it on AOL's main page again; I consider it a hate crime.

Overall I really like AOL and have been a member since the 1990s. However something you have done recently drives me nuts. For some reason, now when I try to read one of your news stories, and I do not want to watch the video...as I scroll down the page reading a small irritating window opens and obstructs what I am trying to read. The window is so that I can see the stupid video as I read but I don't want to see the video...I am trying to read! What really makes my head explode is that there is absolutely no way to close the window. All you have to do to shut me up is put an x in the top right corner so I can close the dang window.

Also thank you for going easier on the Huffpo news. I don't mind different points of view but those guys are liberal idiots.

I am tired of being "knocked" off line by AOL constantly and many times in a matter of minutes. This must be a problem as AOL as an "apology" and reconnect message. Then as you get back on it happens again....got knocked off 5 times in a matter of 3 minutes. I am also tired of the constant advertising messages that last for 30 seconds with no option of having to tolerate. I pay a monthly fee and have for years to enjoy Internet Service provided by AOL Why should I pay for the fee to have some "junk" ad crammed down my throat for 30 seconds. Then when I get on line there is the pop up "crap" in the upper right corner that blares out with sound...at least I can click it out.

I expect an answer and after some 25 or more years with AOL am ready to do something else.

For the better part of a year I've dealt with constant disconnects and freezes but the most annoying is "AOL Not Responding." Its a rare event if I can log onto AOL without not responding and coming up not just once but five or six time in a row. Twice Ive paid service charges to insure that it wasn't Comcast's problem. This problem increased when I went to WiFi for connection since Broadband is no longer available. Is there a solution to this problem.

I would appreciate it if when reporting the news, you would be less biased on what you report. It is so annoying to read what you say about the candidates running for political office. When you are against a candidate, it is obvious by all the negative things you state about them. Just report the news and NOT your opinions. I enjoy AOL if it wasn't for your opinionated news reporting. I truly hope you will consider my criticism

Each and every day I get bombarded with anti-Trump articles when I log on to AOL. I get it AOL, you don't like Trump. OK already!! But, how about listing all the loot Hillary and Bill stole from the American taxpayer when they left the White House. It's now common knowledge they took everything that wasn't nailed down to pay off Paula Jones (850,000) and all the millions in lawyer's fees from Bill's countless bimbo eruptions. Thank God they had to return it all. For most everyone else, that would be enough to keep a close eye on any politician named Clinton but not AOL.

Hillary has lied about Benghazi, lied about her private email server, lied about being shot at in 1996 in Bosnia, supported the war in Iraq and was called out by the FBI for her reckless behavior as Secretary of State with respect to her handling of sensitive and classified material. To AOL however, Hillary is the second coming. Follow the money! Where does AOL get their funding? So much for fair and balanced reporting.

AOL is so liberal and biased in its reporting and what they choose to report or not report, I can't hardly stand it anymore. You should at least be fair, but you are so one sided and its so obvious that people all over are noticing. I am sure you are losing customers because of it. I will be one of them soon.

This is a complaint regarding the newsfeeds when I access aol.com. You are showing the USA Olympic medal winners even though they won't be shown in prime time until that night. You have done this twice with the women's gymnastics. I type in aol.com to access my email and BOOM there it is - no spoiler alert, no warning, no nothing.

Don't you have people checking comments on line? Comments seem to be getting more abusive and vulgar. I flag this stuff, but it just keeps happening. Don't you ever ban abusers from posting?

What do you mean I am not allowed to change my payment method? AOL is not a binding service nor monopoly. They provide a service at my pleasure and my option. Recently you sent me an offer to provide two free months of service if I would continue my 20+ year service. I accepted and the billing department still charged my account. When I called the clerk said that it would be one month. Just because you purchase Yahoo, I can still fire you at the drop of a hat!

And by the way, the over the top support of Clinton and the Democratic party is insulting and so biased that it smells thru the TV set. Maybe the Clinton administration will give me free AOL service to go along with my Obama telephone, my free college education and free health care.

I am a long time customer. Your news is so very biased against the Republican party it is pathetic. I am in independent voter and want a service that is not bent on attempting to brainwash me. Surely you know this is your company policy!

After three and a half hours of distress today trying to get access to my account after your technical support division screwed up my account, I was distressed to come to my account this evening and see a big picture of Hillary Clinton. If you guys are going to advertise for her, I am leaving. I am a twenty year customer. I was forced to get an upgraded account today, to access your technical experts, to fix what you technical support division did. Now i come to my account and the huge picture of clinton is a slap in the face.

Today is the anniversary of my child's death. My only child for fifteen years. I don't need more trouble today. I hope you will respond. If you are a liberal organization backing HRC I want to know. I have many friends who are on Aol and are Trump supporters. I will share your response with them. It is one thing to take advertising. But to take advertising from a political candidate and run it on your opening page, knowing full well that many of your customers may be Republicans is not only irresponsible, but is unethical as well.

My complaint is about your biased news stories. I didn't realize AOL seems to be owned by Donald Trump. I watched the Dem Convention last night and the only comments I saw on here were all negative even though I heard some amazing speeches and I got to see all of "The Donald's" nasty tweets. Now that I now you are in bed with Mr. Trump, I will be looking for another vendor after many many years.

On your website I keep on getting a Skimlinks blank page with links to other pages when I try to look at different areas referenced on your start page. I don't know who Skimlinks is and it sounds like adware - I want nothing to do with Skimlinks, is this from AOL or am I being hacked? If it is from AOL how do I stop this?

When I tried to connect on my AOL account It was denied. It gave a number to call which I did. After a 45 minute discussion on hacking, virus etc, etc it was brought up I needed a $499.99 program for my computer. When I found this out I ended the conversation on the computer, and on my phone. The "Tech Rep" still stayed on the phone, even called me up saying I needed a one time fix at so many dollars. After several scams, having my identity stolen 3 times, I am not willing to do this. Was AOL aware of this?

Have been an AOL customer for 19 years, and its service gets from bad to worse. Every month I am paying $4.99 for tech support, however, those offshore agents are difficult to understand and/or solving problems. While using my PC, I very often have been getting a message "AOL not responding", and again today, I called AOL customer service number at 800-827-6364 again, being connected to another offshore location and being told that "I am having possibly corrupt files", while PC matics' scans prove otherwise. It seems like a hassle to change all of my emails to another service.

I also like to mention that I have been getting error message that another (person in my household) is still using my PC, which is not true. It's also strange that when calling AOL repeating the first 5 letters in my screen name, that one of them has an "1" behind it, which we never had and nobody has the same screen name. There seems to be more than enough shortcomings and mistakes.

When I click on to AOL news features, videos of your news items I can not see them. Only the adds appear and play but not the news feature I requested. I don't understand. I am sure it is not my computer. Everything works fine except AOL news videos. I know you have requested that I upgrade to windows ten, but I am 62 and don't want to upgrade. I like it the way it is. Please help me on this.

I have been unable to access my email on AOL ever since I tried to establish the 2 step authentication this past Sunday. I have already spoken with 4 individuals in an attempt to have someone disable the 2 step authentication feature but as of today, Wednesday evening, that still has not happened. You would think in this day and age that my request would be an easy one to fulfill and would be done in a timely manner but not so.

In addition, the reps I have spoken with have given me erroneous information. I was told by one rep that someone would call on both my cell and home number but when I placed another call to verify that I was indeed on the list to be assisted I was told AOL only had my cell number. I gave the next individual my home number yet when someone from corporate called, he only called my cell and when I spoke with him, he said no home number was indicated!!! A rep gave me a number to escalate my complaint and when I specifically asked if I would reach someone in that department (this was Sunday evening) he assured me I would. I immediately called only to hear a recording telling me hours were Monday through Friday.

A rep also told me my issue would be resolved within 24 hours while a second rep said it would take 3-5 days to resolve. I also asked representatives if I needed to speak with the individual from corporate and was told there was no need to do so. Yet, I spent a good 20 minutes today with the corporate guy, Sam, going over a list of security questions. This happened this morning at 11:30 and it is now 9 p.m. and I still cannot access my email.

It's time for AOL to stop showing the picture of the madman who shot all those innocent people in Orlando. We all know what he looks like and what his name is.

It is obvious AOL corporate are favoring Hilary Clinton by the way they operate. It is extremely difficult to look up anything that has to do with people that are republican. I refuse to look at Hillary appearing on my screen. Besides the fact that she is ugly and dresses like a man. She lies about everything and is a crooked as they come along with her husband.

I am sick and tired of this bill of 4.99 for computer check-up. However it happened, I have spent over an one hour and half the first time going from person to person --live chat--- and another phone call. I have been with AOL for around 14 years and my monthly payment is taken from my bank account. This 4.99 bill has my 96 years deaf mom who recently passed away. And you had her credit card number and who know how. I have a family member who does computer work for a living, computer check-up. The last person I talked with was a lady named Megan and said I would not get more notices by email for this. I will be taking this further if the issue is not resolved. My mom has died never had a computer and some how you got her credit card number is wrong.

Your welcome page is an embarrassment to AOL and your longtime members like me. Today, you have Ali's death as a main story, but retain two oTher stories "admitted to hospital" and "family called". Are you that short staffed editorially that stuff like that appears so frequently!

I am a long standing customer with AOL. I always have been. My problem is not so unique but I thought I would share my experience. Yesterday on the cover page you had advertised Truth Finder. I was curious as I'm sure many were. I took the bait and signed up for $22.86 per month, thinking I would be able to check on myself and others. The site showed it came up with a lot of info on me. I then discovered that to gain access to the info that I had to upgrade for an additional charge.

The bottom line is that I cancelled the account within 15 minutes. I agreed to have the payments charged to my PayPal account. I asked for a confirmation email so that if I was charge next month I would have a back up of proof that showed my actions. While I understand that advertising dollars are very important to a companies operating expenses this program is a real scam, and I am surprised to say the least that you would set your customers up with such a SCAM! Very disappointing.

l observe that you have not posted my complaint about the new badly designed game site on AOL. I would like to lodge a second complaint on that subject. It requires me to check off a box before the site opens, and then requires me to identify myself. The games that I regularly play no longer appear where I can find them. Considering that AOL has so many delays due to glitches in your software-- articles that do not match their titles being a favorite error, ads that precede any and every news video; half-articles that require one to switch to a new page to get anything that relates to the title, thus giving you a second chance to bombard us with more ads; ads that stutter and stammer and never finish, but flip to new ads. Are you trying to drive customers away, or what?

I wanted to sigh up for computer cleaning by AOL I filled out the billing form, but could not get it to print. I called the number listed on the form to get help. I encountered, "Gabriel" the WORST customer service person I ever met. He would NOT help me, only smart mouth coming from him. I asked for his supervisor and he hung up. I called and he answered AGAIN. Said he was NOT IN US AND GLAD HE WAS NOT". Now I am afraid he will steal my credit card information. What kind of people are you hiring? I need help RIGHT NOW. I hope my credit card has not been compromised.

Twice in less than 15 minutes I wrote 2 different letters that were wiped out by aol. Both times everything in the letters was gone. The letters were replies to emails I received. In both instances no explanation as to what problem had occurred or how to recover what had been written or when or if it was safe to once again try to write. Thus, I rate aol at zero stars and your service and lack of courtesy and help STINKS.

This is not a complaint. It's more of a recommendation/suggestion. I like using the "stationery" for sending emails but it has never, in the years that I've been on AOL, been updated or improved. The seasons are a good example. There'e nothing for Fall or Spring....just Winter. Holidays would be another area to consider. I've noticed other areas of change, but not with "stationery." I strongly suggest that this be given attention!

I resent the pop up asking to donate to Hillary Clinton. That rich woman does not need anyone's money. Please stop the pop ups. I need to know who to see to sue you for putting them on the screen when I use AOL. You have no right to put that picture on anything unless I request.

I try to log onto AOL instead of the standard page I have had for years, I now get a notice to delete the page that it is not safe. I obtained a message from two organizations, a school and a health care clinic requesting a response and when I try to respond, I get the same page telling me to delete the page, not safe. What good is my membership if I can't use it. I would like this problem corrected.

Have feedback for AOL?