American Home Shield Customer Service

Contact American Home Shield Corporate

Toll free phone number: (866) 617-9098

American Home Shielder is most-chosen home warranty provider. Founded in 1971, it is one of the most trust worthy companies one can choose to safeguard your home. They have the most competitive rates with assured low costs when compared to others in the market. AHS Home Warranty is a service contract that covers essential applications, especially when there is a worn and torn situation.

However, customer service issues do commonly occur. The best contact number for the corporate office is 888-429-8247. If you want to write a letter to management, the headquarters is located at 889 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, TN 38120. General Inquiries should be directed to American Home Shield P.O. Box 849 Carroll, IA 51401-9901.

American Home Shield Contact Information

• American Home Shield headquarters address

• 889 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, TN 38120

(866) 617-9098

Browse reviews of other Home Improvement

Top American Home Shield Complaints

Contract number 211332532. I have three other contracts on three other properties .

Property in question is 13335 Hidden Valley Rd., Victorville, CA 92395

I purchased a full coverage 11 months ago. Yesterday told that my faucet replacement was not covered, that I had an older contract.

I was never given the opportunity to upgrade that older contract. You completely blind sided me with this non covered issue.

Has I known, I would have upgraded.

Had I known it was a non covered item, then I would not have called AHS and wasted $75.00.

As a long term and multi contract customer, I am requesting that you make an exception and cover me on this faucet.

If you cannot do that, then kindly refund my $75.00. Thank you

Heating and air system has not been working correctly since Sept. 2018. Have had 3 compressors with the last one installed 3 weeks ago. Your customer service is very poor. You are not trustworthy. I have spent $1900 in Freon, not to mention the $300 or more in service charges. When do you decide to give me a new unit versus obviously used compressors. Totally dissatisfied with this company.

My ac unit went out approximately 2 weeks ago, close to the date 4-22-19. My wife and i live in a small town, Camden, Ar. I contacted Ahs the customer service rep. said they would contact me within 24 hours. The contractor contacted us 4-22-19 and said they would contact us to set up a appointment. I waited 2 days no response, i personally contacted the contractor, no response. I waited couple of more days no response. I then call ahs again, while i was on hold they tried to call the contractor no response. Then the rep offered me the option of finding a outside contractor which i refused. I am a disabled with major heart issues (3 open heart surgeries) and other health issues. I don't have the money to pay up front. After that the rep told me they would find someone within 24 and they did. The next day a Outlaws rep contacted me and we set up a 8:am appointment for the next day. A very pleasant technician diagnosed the problem rather quickly. After he install a new fan motor, he thought the problem was fixed. He realized he had a freon leak, it was bone dry. The problem we are having is coming out of our pocket 1260.00 for freon. If a contractor had responded faster, slow response time. The freon had almost 2 weeks to leak out. In other words the freon did't leak out over night. I have been a loyal customer for almost 20 twenty years. Please try to help!

OK, so filing the repair claim for my clogged drain a few months ago was easy. The AHS contracted plumbing company sent what I thought were reasonably competent plumbers....BUT, their plumbing "snake" was not long enough and so they said it was roots and that I was on my own. Another plumber came in and sure enough...it was GREASE....NOT ROOTS that was the issue.
Now, fast forward 2 months. Had to call AHS for a refridgtor leak...and THIS WAS COVERED. The (**^*&^(*&$#* contractor has been IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of to reschedule the installation of the part, so my repair is STILL unresolved! Assholes is what the "A" in AHS should stand for!!

I needed a hot water heater (which provides hot water). I paid for it myself because it takes your service entirely too long to handle hot water heater replacements. I called it in and was told to contact the company that installed it 7 years ago. I was told by my plumber (was at my home doing some upgrades) and the heater had a leak and it was dripping onto the pilot, which was why the pilot continued to go out. The company that installed it told me that when it leaks water, it is time for a replacement. Yet, I would have to wait for someone to come out, try to find parts to repair, if repairable, get approval from AHS, if not repairable. In the meantime, my mom and the kids cannot take showers or baths because they can't handle the cold water. I think you get my meaning. I won't go any further into this. It is ridiculous. I ended up paying when I really should not have to do that. Some issues should be automatically escalated.

We called American Home Shield on Wednesday April 24th 2019 to report some electrical problems, today is April 30th 2019 and we had no service as of yet, we called American home shield and we get people from another country that we can't even understand, I can just hear them trying to explain an issue to a contractor . They found one company that never called us because they said we were to far out, however nobody from your company or the contractor called us. This is totally unexceptionable, we need to talk to Americans not foreigners that we cannot UNDERSTAND. What if this was our hot water heater, dos that mean we would be without water for 168 hours, what is this. I thought i choose the best provider in the country when i took out American home shield, the policy was sold to me by an American and communications was great. as of right now we still haven't had anybody call us to provide service. You should change your name to Foreigner home shield.

I accidently paid your company $3,184 instead of another bill last week and have tried to contact the billing department on numerous occasions and have spent at least 2 1/2 hours on hold. today alone I waited 45 minutes for a supervisor and them was informed that she couldn't talk to me and that they sent a email to the escalation team. I inquired as to their contact information and was informed that they did not have this. This is pure lack of customer service , My house address is 1525 Aurelia drive cummings GA, 30041 . Payment amount $3,184, reference # is R9K465ZV that was sent on 04/23/2019. I can be reached at 704/644/9510

Dear T. Seymour Vice President:
I called American Home Shied on May 2, 2018 for a work order for my heater priority Comfort tech came out looked at my heater deemed it unsafe run and shut it down and stated that we needed a new heating system and the cost would cost$5,600 would be and he would phone AHS. I am a disabled woman in a power wheelchair very upset that I had no heat no hot water since May 2, 2018 and have no heat or hot water to the present do to the amount of a new and to put some money away for the cost of the new heater AHS never followed up with me to see how things worked out so canceled my contact 1-31-19 even tho I been a valued customer over 20 years contacted #227223012
I need someone to contact at 267-288-3550

sincerely.

Tammy Itri cell 267-288 3550

I've been trying to get help from your "Customer service" on how to set up payment through my bank can't get addresses or numbers to try and set it up.

There are no supervisors available to take calls and they don't return calls.

Not sure how to address. Not a satisfied customer. I've currently been on hold for 30 minutes.

William

AMERICAN HOME SHIELD COMPLAINT

1. I have been with AHS customer for over 20 years for my home warranty
2. The current Contract Agreement dated 01/25/1019 – please review regarding specific Air Conditioning/Cooler Agreement

COVERED STATES:

Ducted electric wall air conditioning system – Water evaporative cooler system –Cost related to Freon recapture – Ducted electric central air conditioning system including: condenser, metering devices (i.e. thermal expansion valves); furnace transition; evaporator coils and drain lines; air handling transition; secondary drain pan and lines; and refrigerant lines are covered.

Your representative told me they would pay only for the Evaporator coil.

We contacted another Air conditioning service in my area and their professional opinion advised me that most of the parts supplied should be covered.
I am aware that Freon is not covered.

Consequently I feel my bill was paid for the associated parts which were overpaid and I request a return of $534.00 for drain pan, master seal and safety switch which is in the Covered in agreement.

Please return this money!

Company that showed up for job fixed one problem and caused another. He was unprofessional and complained as soon as he got there about living in another state and he hoped it was a quick job. Changed a faucet then took off the knob in the tub and messed around with it and water started leaking through my ceiling into electric dining room light below. Then went to his truck and came back and said it’s not covered after causing the issue! And left my house with a water issue it didn’t have before. This company was terrible and this company is a company you sent to represent your company. I need the issue corrected that he broke. I spent 45 mins on the phone yesterday while a rep said they would look into it. Got disconnected and he never called back to discuss the damage that the contractor caused. Nor has the item they caused damage to been fixed which may cause more issues. Again he came for one issue and Caused the other. I need someone to address this ASAP as I have water coming into my electrical the floor below from damages they caused . He said it was the valve after saying he didn’t know what it was from , in my opinion because he knew valves weren’t covered and he wanted to leave ASAP. I can’t even gaurentee that’s the issue . Is this what can be expected from the contractors your company deals with?

Rooter King or R K plumbing Tucson. Came out refused to do 2 out of 3 jobs. One of the refusals was legitimate. Fixed a leak in a toilet, but refused to fix the plumbing leak in a sink. He said that I had to replace the vanity or knock a hole in the wall to replumb the pipe.

I went to Lowes, got the parts needed, and did the replacement in less than 15 minutes: with no modifications at all necessary.
There have been many complaints about this company on the internet and if the posts are to be believed, there have been many complaints to AHS about them as well.

The attitude of the technician was condescending and unhelpful. He lied to me about what would be needed to fix my sink problem. Most of the time he spent at my house, was sitting in his truck cab

I feel that in fairness, that I should get my $100 service fee back. I'd also like to get an apology from R K and from AHS for sending out such a useless tech.

My name is Robert Dawson, 8023 E Shadow Lane, Tucson, AZ, 85750, tdbob1@aol.com 520-241-6855

On 4/6/2019, I requested service online from AHS to let them know my upstairs air conditioning unit was not working. A service technician came out and told us that the compressor was bad and would need to be replaced. But he proceeded to tell me that because the unit is over 13 years old and the refrigerant needed to be replaced would cost $980.00 - R-022 which is being phased out next year, he would recommend replacing the unit. He could have his company come out and assessed how much the cost would be. AHS called us to let us know that the compressor needed to be replaced and I would have to pay $980.00 for the refrigerant. I asked them did the technician tell them that he recommended for the unit to be replaced because of the age and the refrigerant. I called the technician and asked him why didn't he tell AHS everything and of course he said he couldn't because the compressor could be replaced, but trying to influence me to use his company to replace the unit. I immediately called AHS to let them know what took place and didn't feel comfortable with this company and requested a second opinion. AHS informed me that I could have a second opinion and United Air Temps would be on the list of technicians I do not want to come to my house anymore. Also, if the diagnosis was the same I would have to pay a second $75.00 service fee and I said I understood. The second technician from Access Heating & Air came out and looked at the unit and also said the compressor was bad, but also wanted to look at the in house evaporator coil in the attic and informed us that the coil is leaking and needed to be replaced. The technician sent the information to AHS and after 3 days of not hearing anything from AHS I called them to find out that they still had denied the request from the second technician and would not have the unit replaced. I also called Access Heating and Air and Lisa, the representative informed me AHS told them not to follow-up or do anything further and they would be going with United Air temps recommendation even though we had concerns about the service. I had a maintenance contract with United Air Temps and every time they have come to my house for the check-up something happens with the unit. After a recent check, my upstairs thermostat burned to a crisp and he not once said there was an issue before but tried to sell us more stuff that was not needed. Every time I have called AHS trying to talk to someone about the situation it has been very frustrating and demeaning. Never have I experienced the lack of customer service your representatives have given. They tell me I cannot talk to a manager or anyone in the authorization department. I have been a loyal customer for three years, paid on time and this is what we get. It has now been a week later and the situation is still not resolved. I have asthma and a disabled son who cannot be in extreme heat. I have tried and tried again to let them know, why want they realize it is ludicris to put refrigerant in a compressor if the evaporator coil is still leaking and needs to be replaced. It is my intent to cancel the contract and contact legal action on this matter. It is a shame that you pay for services thinking you have the right coverage and people are constantly trying to rip you off or not do the right thing that needs to be done. If by some means, someone wants to talk to me, I can be reached at 240.398.0831 or my husband Francis at 240.398.6417. I have never been so disappointed with this experience. If I could give AHS a 0 I would, but I see that is not an option. After speaking with my real estate agent who recommended your company and informed her of our experience, i wanted her to know she might want to reconsider recommending AHS.

I recently had my wash machine go belly up, i have American Home Shield coverage protection. I was able to receive a free washing machine bc my wash machine part is no longer available. I have been without a wash machine for over two weeks now. The problem is AHS does business with a subcontractor named Ralphs Transfer Inc, apparently a delivery service that works with AHS. I have had to call these idiots five separate times, the customers service employees are clueless. I asked that my wash machine be delivered from 8am to 12 pm ONLY. They continue to have the time delivery time down wrong. I spoke with four different ppl for a simple request bc someone needs to be home for this project to be completed correctly. My brother leaves for work at 1.00 pm, hence the request to have this delivered at the earliest convenience. I spoke with the Supervisor yesterday and he guaranteed me i would be the second delivery of the day. Here it is 11.30 and they still haven't shown up UGHHHHHHHHH.

Called on March 29th 2019 to get dishwasher fixed. Contractor came out April 3rd 2019 said dishwasher needed a part and he would order it. Now irs April 15th and they still have not fixed the dishwasher and we have not heard from the contractor. So total time since we paid $100 deductible has been about 3 weeks the dishwasher is still broke cudtomer service is no help at all. This service sucks so give me my $100 back. I can go buy my wife a brand new dishwasher.

I have been with AHS for years (first mistake). I was told years ago they will screw you. I did not listen (second mistake). How can a heat/cool system less than 2 months old have problems and AHS dont want to replace it but only TRY to fix it. Only for it to break again several times before the year is up. Now that the part has broken again it will cost me $800 out if pocket expense on a NEW unit that's now less that than 18 months old. Go figure. And the different companies that come to your home most are rude and nasty. They act as if the customer has done something wrong. I would NEVER EVER recommend this company to anyone . And if anyone would ask me about them I would say RUN AWAY as fast as you can. My 3rd mistake was staying over 10+ years with this company. BUT I'm a firm believer you WILL REAP what you sow.

Repeated attempts to get service for pool equipment. Contacted American Home Shield first on March 3, 2019. No appropriate response from 2 separate pool service companies. Many attempts made to AHS customer service, have been placed on hold for 35-45 minutes at a time before anyone comes on the line and have to RE-EXPLAIN entire scenario all over again because of no notes made of my previous discussions with AHS personnel. I have spoken to/explained situation to a different representative every time I’ve called. One person said our claim was “in review” and a decision would be made shortly. When no one ever called me back, I called in yet again only to find out no such “in review” situation existed. This lack of professionalism is disgraceful. In March, when I called I was told of a “computers down” issue. I made 3 calls that one day to see if computers were back up (as instructed by AHS reps) and was told by all 3 reps that once that situation was resolved, I would be called back. To this day NONE of them has called me back. Our account # is 234975922. Please have someone call me who has the authority to make some decisions and who cares enough to honor the contract we have with AHS.

Contract #246889752
I called for service on our bathtub faucet. Our contract fully covers faucets.
On March 26, 2019, you sent a scam company, Bear Plumbing and Rooter, Inc. Two guys Greg and David, came out and spent 10 minutes talking to each other in a foreign language. They briefly looked in the tub crawl space. Greg then said to me he needed another tool to use to replace the hot water faucet, which will not turn off. He said he would be back to fix the faucet. We specifically asked Greg if this item was covered, and he assusured us it was. He then wrote up a report, which we can barely read. It reads "unable to remove hot side handle due to set screw is stripped."
We asked him about normal wear and tear, and he said the faucet is old and this was normal. The faucet is around 15 years old.
Low and behold, we get a call from Authorizations Dept. saying because of "abuse" of this 15 year old faucet, it was not normal wear and tear -- the exact opposite of what we were told. Mariah from Authorizations Dept. then offered a "2nd" opinion from Arsenal Plumbing. We said we did not want a company coming here with bad reviews. Looking up Arsenal Plumbing, there are so many bad reviews we could not read them all. We asked for another plumbing company and were refused.
We have been your customers for over 20 years, renewing at least three properties every year. Now, it seems your company has gone rogue and you use every trick in the book to deny service for covered items. You use companies willing to do your bidding to deny service for covered items while telling the customer the opposite to their face.
We read some of the numerous complaints lodged against AHS, where people have complained to FTC.gov and the Consumer Protection Agency and to Rex Tibbens, the CEO. They are threatening a class action suit.
If you insist on denying us service on our covered item and insist on sending us scam, substandard plumbing companies, we will join them on their suggestions. We have paid AHS too much money over the 20+ years for numerous contracts, which we WILL NOT renew, if this issue is not resolved.
(213) 300-3646

I have been trying to get a my toilet repaired since January 6, 2019. I have spoke to a Representative from American Home Shield 6 times since to be told a new toilet was authorized but no one called to schedule. I have been calling back each week and my home toilet had to be turned off and I still do not have a toilet.

PLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS ISSUE....

My contract number is 233735552, i've been a HS customer for several years, i've attempted to get assistance with my policy for months without help. I've been charged for 2 bills that i didn't get service from so i've removed my automatic payment info. I spoke with a rep that informed me they would remove the fees however still 4 months later i'm still receiving bills. I have not added my billing info back because i don't want them charging me for the services i didn't receive. This has been the most horrible experience that i've ever had with HS. I have not been able to get service since Oct, so i don't feel that i should be charged a monthly contract fee for services that i'm unable to receive. We are a military family and we have used home shield because it travels with us where ever we go however, i will NOT recommend this service to anyone else due to my recent dealings with the company. I cannot even get anyone to help to remove the charges so that i can move forward. I will be looking for another warranty company to assist. I'd really like for someone to contact me back regarding my issues. Also i had a flood in my house due to a leaking pipe which i contacted HS about, and the people they sent to the house didn't come for over a week and by the time they came my whole entire basement had to be redone, the carpets and walls had molded. I ended up having to file an insurance claim with my Home Insurance policy, after i told HS that the people couldn't come out, they made me wait for a week.

I been trying to work with them on electric work
For 3 mos no one is calling me back ever time call and put on hold for 46min to and your ever time.So I need to cancel my contact if nothing is taking care of soon.

I have made over 3 attempts to receive reimbursement for an authorized ice maker repair since Jan 19. Each time over the phone I’am told to resubmit my receipts to email address: ahsosa@ash.com which I have complied with. This is unacceptable considering when funds are due to you they are paid immediately.

Funds reimbursement: $632.35

First request: Jan 30, 2019
Second request: Feb 14, 2019
Third attempt: March 8, 2019

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Dispatch # 487096882. Contract # 229688992. Reference #/485219512

My contract # is 206616512

Herbert Winchester Jr.
228-365-7976

The line going through the door on my LG refrigerator to my ice maker collapsed and American Home Shield refuses to fix it because they say the ice maker is excluded. This is crap! It is always a fight with these people. I would think the bad publicity and the problems of going to arbitration or court would make them a little more thoughtful in their deliberation. But it doesnt they are still just as arrogant and smug. Dont ever do business with these crooks!

My furnaces are not working since January and each time I call AHS it takes 30mins to get a person then the call drops and I still haven't gotten my problem resolved.

My contract # 245581892

November 27 2018 we sent a request for service to fix our Ice Maker on an LG refrigerator. The service company4Star Repserve LLC came and replaced the unit but it did not work. They have since told me they are waiting on a new replacement from American Home Shield and LG that the one they put in was not the proper Ice Maker. We would really like some help in getting this resolved this just seems to drag on and on for almost three months!!!
Thank you.
Carl Crews
Contract number 230101112
Address: 2208 New Mill Lane Arlington Texas 76012
Phone Number: 817-988-4973

I lost my heat on 18 January. You were unable to find someone to come to my house. On 29 Jan. you advised me I could find someone myself. I did. They came out. I paid them and got a written estimate. My compressor was shot. I sent estimate to you. Tammy W. in retention dept. told me by email, that I would have to pay for the fix out of pocket and then submit the the paid invoice to you to determine if you would and how much you would reimburse. I have sent pictures of unit ser. no., make model etc...according to her, I did not provide enough information on the unit for you to honor your contract agreement as written. I have sent numerous emails and dozens of phone calls. I have been denied the right to speak with anyone that can help me. Please help me. I don't have $3,000.00 for a compressor. There is no excuse for your denial of acceptable service. I live in Murphy NC. There are 11 heat n air companies in Murphy. None of them will do business with your company. Now I see why. PLEASE HELP ME.
770-605-2573
1170 kILBY rOAD
mURPHY nc 28906

770-605-2573
1170 kILBY rOAD
mURPHY nc 28906

On 11/2018 I contacted AHS to have my microwave repaired. Appliance Repair Experts came out in 11/17/18, 11/30/18, 12/28/18 and 1/17/19. Each time I had to arrange for my son to be here each time. On Tuesday 1/22/19 I opened the microwave door and the entire microwave fell on me, scraping one arm, bruising the other, tweaking my neck and back a bit and putting a hole in the wall. The repair company had unmounted the microwave 3 time and apparently the last time they didn't re-mount it correctly. I contacted AHS, who said they contact the repair company, they called and emailed....supposedly. I was told by AMS representative that they needed to get Appliance Repair Experts side of the story, I heard nothing from AHS or the repair company. My son called Appliance Repair Experts and they response was, we fixed the microwave so they would not come back out without a service request. I called AHS again and was told someone would contact me in 24-48 hours, I explained the microwave was balancing on a Rubbermaid tub on my stove, still partially attached to the wall but no longer attached to the cabinet. I was now unable to use my microwave or stove. AHS gave me permission to have my neighbor come and finish taking the microwave down. This is now 4 days later, I'm still waiting for some resolution. It also appears when the microwave fell, the bolts that held the microwave to the bottom of the cabinet are damaged. My microwave is now sitting in my dining room, still on the rubber maid tub. I'm not a business owner, but I don't think this is how customers should be treated. Any idea when some one might take responsibility and fix this problem. Service request # 47921222.

The service over the phone is very poor , I called a about a water heater I pay out packet and I was trying to get information on what to do to.I was waiting for 1/2 hour and I was not able to get help from any body or department.

My hot water heater leaked about an inch of water all over my utility room this morning before I noticed it. I responsibly turn off the water to the heater and immediately call the warranty company. I submitted my service request with Laura, who was nice but robotic. When I received the text message from the contractor my request went to I called them and learned they couldn't get to me until tomorrow and I would have to be home to let them in or they couldn't do the work. I called back to AHS and got Laura again who told me that was within guidelines of 24hrs for service. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I got Christine after being on hold for 10 minutes. Christine repeated the same information as Laura and when I told her I needed someone out today she agreed to cancel the current service request and submit another one to try to find a company that could service the need today. I was put on hold for 60min (as timed by my phone) and then disconnected. When I called back I got Malik, who was the most professional and helpful out of everyone I talked with today. I asked for Christine and was told there are call centers everywhere and she was not aware of Christine and there were not notes in the system. She gave me to supervisor Steve, who again repeated the 24hr timeframe and then downgraded my need because I had turned the water off to the heater and now had to wait 48hrs. He refused to give me the information to contact the company leadership stating I could find it on the website, which it is not there. So once again I have had to call the main number and wait for another 15 min to get an address to write a complaint. The service company is coming tomorrow between 12-5 because they can't give a specific time and I have to be there to let them in and they will text me 30min out....yet I work 60min out. So I spend 3 hrs on the phone with AHS, had to go purchase a shop vac to get the inch of water off my floor, have no hot water in my house for the next 24hrs and still have to miss more work, my livelihood. So my question is who is the customer here...the policy holder or the contractor (who I know is not getting paid a market price but who agreed to that). Very poor examples of supervisors in customer service who leave customers on the line and never follow through on what they said they would do (Christine) and who basically tell the customer they are lying because there are no notes in the system form Christine and then refuse to give out address and name to file a complain (Steve). And yes I yelled at them after hearing the same canned text being read to me at least 8 times. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and A Waste of money.

After filing a complaint @my residence @5117 80th St SW Lakewood, Wn, 98499 due to a dead hot water heater, after two days a contractor was sent out confirming it needed to be replaced. Three more days went by (with no hot water) I was told by the contractor they still had no approval to replace it from you. This home is arental and the tenants were more than hostile by then. Finally the contractor said my cost would be about $750 more than what AMH would pay and he still didn't have an approval to fix. I then called Home Depot and they replaced the tank the very next day for $750 total without any help from you. I am also out the $125 deductable I paid for absolutely nothing.
This is terrible service. I am requesting some help for the cost of the tank from you as you eventually would have incurred some expense on this claim.
Your prompt attention is requested on this matter and if I receive no satisfaction I have requested complaint forms from the Washington State Insurance Commission's office regarding the complaint.
Tom Mauermann

After filing a claim at my residence @5117 80th st SW Lakewood, wa. 98499 due to a dead hot water heater, after two days a contractor was sent out and confirmed it needed to be replaced. Three more days went by (with no hot water) I was told by the contractor they still had no approval to replace it from you. This house is a rental and the tenants were more than hostile by then. Finally the contractor said my cost would be about $750 more than what AMH would pay and he still didn't have an approval to fix, I called Home Depot and they replaced the tank the next day for $750 total without any help from you. I am also out the $125 deductable I paid for absolutely nothing.
This is worse than terrible service. I am requesting some help for the cost of the tank from you as eventually you would have incurred some expense on this claim.
Your prompt attention is requested on this matter and if I receive no satisfaction I have already contacted the Washington state insurance commision
for help.

Our water heater developed a leak so I contact American Home Shield. I was contact quickly by the contractor and that's where any semblance of customer service ended. The contractor said our water heater was not installed to code and we would have to pay for modifications to bring it to code. Their estimate for that work was $966!! I had another plumber come to look at it and learned that the installation is completely up to code. The contractor refused to break down their charges by materials and labor. I had only a total dollar amount for each of 5 components they listed as requiring replacement.
I contacted AHS customer (non) service to discuss what appeared to be unethical business practice by their contractor. I waited on hold for 80 minutes, during which the recording told me every couple of minutes how important my call was to them. I was finally connected to a customer service agent who refused to let me talk to a supervisor. The agent informed me that she could pass on my concerns to the contractor relations department, but that I could have no direct contact with them (I could not email or call them and they could not email or call me). After explaining multiple times that my concern was not simply a concern about the amount they wanted to charge me, but the fact that it appeared they were unethical and charging me for things that did not need to be done at all (for example $149 for earthquake straps which are in correctly in place). I had to ask her multiple times to tell me what she was going to tell the contractor relations department because she just kept focusing on the dollar amount rather than the fact that it was for non-required work. She said she would contact me to tell me what the contractor relations group said, but after 3 days I have not heard a word.
I have never experienced such horrendous customer service from anyone. When my contract with expires, I will look elsewhere for coverage. Just because they don't have a lot of competition, it appear that they are happy to rake in the dollars and do as little as possible to actually provide service,

My mother, Penny Fallon has lived at 1207 Park Center in Benbrook Tx. for 20 years and has carried your policy for as many years. She recently moved in with me, her son and has been trying to cancel her policy for a month now. Yesterday 1-2-2019 she was on the phone over an hour only to be told her policy had NOT been cancelled and then transferred from person to person, each time being placed on hold until she finally hung up. I would like for someone from American Home Shield to contact her immediately and get this policy cancelled. I am very upset at this point and intend to start on social media as soon as I get done here and let everyone out there how terrible your customer service really is. I can be reached at any time by calling 817 401-4282. Penny Fallon may be reached at 817 229-8475. Thanks, Kevin Burns

My air conditioning broke now the warranty dep is telling me since my unit has a compressor that generates heat and cold my plan was not cover the heat pump. knowing that in the contract clearly stays AIRCONDITIONING/ COLD &HEAT. On January 2018 the warranty covered the heat problem. Now the unit need it a ne compressor and the company is denying the coverage staying the heat is not cover? accusing me that I CHANGED MY CONTRACT!!!! WHEN I NEVER DID !!!... the technician that came to see my unit disagreed how the company is denying my ticket to be repaired when they fixed my heat previously and they never said anything about the heat not being cover. He recommended to disputed since I does not make any sense not do approve it. I am a client for over 5 years, AHM increased the coverage with out any notice to me, when I called I was told the prices when up and if they make any changes to my plan is all on THEM not on me!

I tried calling regarding my account, I waited 45 minutes with no response. There is no email to ask a question. My account was bought for me by my daughter one year ago. It was renewed without any notification or to what it was billed to. Just can't get anyone on the phone to answer these questions.

I've had an ongoing issue with my heat and ac unit for over a year. i've paid enough money to the contractors and AHS to replace it. the issue isn't getting fixed and AHS wont replace the units. I don't understand what the point in having a warranty is if the problem isn't fixed and they wont replace the units. single mom here with no money to lose. help.

I have been without heat for two months. They (AHS) continue to refer me to the vendor to resolve. This is not acceptable. I am tired of calling and being given the run-around! I should not have to cram into one room to keep warm!!! Either fix the problem, condemn the unit and replace it!! NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO LIVE LIKE THIS. I am extremely disappointed!! You take my money each month like clock work!

I callin an a lady in the Phenoix office name Presleyido not owe that 75.00 service free that woman was very rude please call me or I will cancel my service and I have been with you for years she even hung up on me when I told her i have 30 days to get it fix and it was not fix I keep looking at work order and it said pending under review on the AHS website I got so mad I said hell and she said I was rude I ask to her Supervisor and she told I do not have to get you a Supervisor I will be filling a complainer with the BBB if I do not hear from you 318-704-1245 home cell
318-407-1245

To whom it may concern, I recently had my hot water heater repaired by Alvarez Plumbing. My complaint is that my storage cabinet for my hot water heater was damaged during the repair. the plumber working on the cabinet of sure that it would be repaired he would have to report it to the company. That did not happen, I waited patiently for two weeks and I did not hear back from the company. At that point I decided to contactl company. They were unaware of the damage had occurred to my home and assured me that it would be taken care of. Alvarez Plumbing sent the same worker that service the hot water heater and did the damage to my cabinet. The work was done and was not repaired to its original condition in which I notified the company and they responded with we already sent someone out. I have tried to try to correct the issue with Alvarez Plumbing in which they are being very uncooperative. I have tried talking with Home Shield and they have been no help to me in solving this issue. All that I am asking is my cabinet is restored to its original condition prior to the damage from the Alvarez plumber. I feel at this point time I've been very patient and understanding and I've been treated with nothing but disrespect and unprofessionalism on all ends. I would like to have this issue resolved quickly.

Lowcountry's Best Heating and cooling came out twice in July and they did not know what they were doing. I was charge $90 for Freon. On 9/10 my ac stopped working completely and still have been without ac since. I was charge another $75 for the same issue when I'm only 2 days off from "60 day". I've had to call every day for a update on where you are at with the approval to get this fixed and still no one is able to answer me. I've been living in 90 degrees plus in my house. I'm not sure why something urgent like this would not be address right away. I've had nothing but bad experience with using American Home Shield. Every time I call it's hard to understand the workers on the phone to be able to get through. The waiting times on the phone have been over a hour each time. This is already inconvenience with no ac but to take time out of my work to call and wait this long to get answers from AHS which are answers that are giving me the run around or unsure even how to answer is very unprofessional and putting stress on me with my work and home life

Summer of 2017 my a/c was acting up & AHS had to send the same contractor out to supposedly fix my problem & in the end they said I just needed Freon & filled it at my expense. On 8/7/18 my a/c started the same symptoms as last summer-not going below 86 & I live where it 100+ daily & my 70 yr old mother lives with me. I did an on-line service request on 8/7/18 and on 8/8/18 I was on the phone w/AHS many times which took up my whole day because they continued to give me the bottom of the barrel companies which two of them could not come out for a week. The 7th company they attempted to get a hold of was a reputable contractor and wasn't returning their calls so I contacted him myself and he told me that he refused to do business with AHS because he was tired of them denying work for customers and would try and only replace parts here and there which wouldn't fix the problems. I went on-line to see my service request status in the evening on 8/9/18 and it showed that I had no active service requests. I called the customer service number and waited on-hold for over 30 minutes (usual waiting time) to find out why I had no active service requests to only be told that my service request was cancelled without any reason documented. Not sure how a company can treat its customers like this for as much $$ that you pay to them.

On 6/4 we complained about no a.c.. Contractor came out filled freon. We paid $284.+ for old style Freon. On 7/4 put in another call,because a.c. was not working. Since then we have been,living in av95 reg house in Arizona in the desert without a.c.. I called once about 2 weeks ago wondering what was happening. My contractor had told me they are being jerked around. In the mean time, my house us at an average if 88 reg during the day. My husband has copd and us not doing well. My refrigerator apparently cannot stay cold in such a hot house. I want a.c. because I am really tired of being without a.c. for a full month.

Central Air-conditioning
On or about 5.1.18 I called AHS and requested repair of my central air-conditioning system, on 5.10.18 you technician came out and diagnosed the AC Compressor as bad and submitted and estimate for repair.
My question is why wasn’t my entire system replaced at this point?
I waited for the estimate and repair to be made; nobody would even give me a call to inform me as to the status of my repair! After getting frustrated with these inside tempters of over 100 degrees F, I called and asked questions.
I was informed that they are waiting on the estimate from the company performing the repair and that the person who makes the estimates is on vacation.
Another four weeks later finally you technician came out to install the new compressor and found a hole in the condenser.
He submitted another estimate and I waited on repair, again I called and was informed that they are waiting on the estimate from the company performing the repair and that the person who makes the estimates is on vacation!
I called again yesterday and I was informed that the repair was declined because for the damaged condenser.
The only person who could have demanded my condenser is the technician you sent to work on the repair!
I had a second company come and give a second opinion and I was informed that it looks like someone cut my coil with a knife; it’s not a hold but a cut or split.
I’ve requested to speak with a manager about this issue; no one would return my call!
I’ve been without AC for two months with tempters that reach over 100 degrees in this house!
Now I’m faced with making the repair out of pocket!
I need a complete reimbursement of the cost of this repair! My time wasted and the fees you charged me to repair my central air system!

I am Audrey Marston, contract no is 234586252. I had a work order for plumber on 6/618. They never called me for an appt i contacted ahs and they called them but never heard. I did not i would get billed before the plumber came out. I got a bill for $75 end of june but have not received the service. When they called plumber on 7/3/18, he said they had to issue another work order. I wanted the $75 taken off my account before i made another work order. Angel in cs called the order and said it will be 7-14 days before it will show it was taken off which they said would 7/23/18. I talked to damon on 7/25/18 at 1:50 and he said he can see the order was cancelled but doesn't see the $75 taken off and to wait 2-3 more days. This is not right. I have called so many times trying to get this resolved. I am a senior citizen and don't want my credit messed up. Pls contact me at lucy0524@aol.com or phone # 256-624-6857. Pls get the $75 taken off my acct.
Thanks
Audrey Marston- 166 Suzanell Ln. Oxford, Al 36203

Not taking ownership.responsibility for the mistakes their contractors make during repairs. Lack off follow-up, follow through and run around to avoid accountability. Basically, customer does all work to issues resolved while the customer service department provides apologies , excuses and no action,

ameican shield sent myers comfort specialists to my home 3 weeks ago and they quoted me one thing on my firsr air condition and they fix the problems.But on my second air condition they didnot fit the problem becaus they told us we needed a to replaced the primary&secondary drain pan need to be replace.they quoted us 1400.00 to fix the problem now they quoted 2000.00 we need some answer and noone will call us back.They also talking about replacing my whole unit but there nothing wrong with my unit .please give us a call @251-377-0568 0r 251-490-7188

I terminated contract #237329442 within first 30 days and was told full refund of $595 would be sent to closing agent in 7 to 10 days. Still no refund 45 days later. Telephone attempts are met with non-response.
(sig): Jack Stockton, e-mail jck363@yahoo.com

American Home Shield:

To whom it may concern. I called your company to speak directly with a manager, but your dispatcher was not able or willing to put my call through.
We have a HUGE PROBLEM. MY CEILING COLLAPSED AND MY ROOM IS FLOODED.

Several weeks ago I requested service from you, and you sent Texaire Heating and Air Conditioning. The motor needed to be replaced, which they did not have on hand. They ordered it and came back to install it several days later.

June 13 I went into my game room and discovered a massive hole in my ceiling, ruined furniture and carpet, and soaked insulation hanging out. I called you and your dispatcher said I only had two choices - contact this same subcontractor to come back, (and avoid another service charge) or they would send another one (with a charge of $100),
I called Texaire several times (4) yesterday, because THE WATER NEEDED TO BE STOPPED before my insurance company could send the water remediation people. I could not get anyone on the phone. I was told by another company to turn OFF THE SYSTEM, and the water stopped.

When I finally heard from your subcontractor (today) I had already called a third party (for my INSURANCE) TO SIMPLY ASSESS and write up the problem.
It seems to be a clear cut case of FAULTY WORKMANSHIP by your subcontractor, and we have pictures.

1) Your subcontractor needs to FIND AND RETURN the metal cover plate they removed from my system -- between blower motor and gas vent pipe. It will let CARBON MONOXIDE into my home once the furnace is turned on. I have been advised that this cover plate is not longer manufactured, so I NEED MINE BACK.

2) The main primary drain was found to be SEPARATED after the p-trap, causing the massive leak, ceiling collapse, furniture and carpet damage.
My insurance company will not cover the AC damage because it is clearly the fault of your subcontractor.

3) You should get a better front line to take care of customer concerns at YOUR LEVEL. Your subcontractors seem to be substandard, and this is not the first time I have dealt with one.

I will be forwarding you the bill once my AC is repaired by the vendor of my choice. I will hope to settle this between us, so that I do not have to take any further action. AND I would appreciate talking to a real person from American Home Shield, NOT YOUR SUBCONTRACTOR. I can be reached REVDRCAC@AOL.COM.

My AC went out on 31 May 18 and we contacted AHS to send someone out to repair, the company they out sourced to was not available to come out until 4 June 18 just to check it. I called AHS back to see if they could send the request to another company because my husband has to sleep with oxygen and we could not turn it on because it was so hot in the house. AHS stated they could not change the company but would but us on the on call list so that they could get seen in 24, needless to say that didn't happen. On 4 June 18 United Air Tempt came out and said it was the motor and they had to order it and we would not get it until Thursday. I called AHS to complain and they told me it was nothing they could do about it. The Company came out on Thursday and they sent a different tech who was inexperienced and because I would not buy the additional parts they were selling the tech claimed she could not service my AC unit at that time. I then called AHS to complain and they had already been contacted by United Air Tempt who had relinquished the work order back to AHS they told me once the issue was fixed call back. AHS then assigned a new company and never called me to notify me of this, I had to call AHS to find out a new company was coming out. New company was great, they inspected it on Friday and had it fixed on Monday. I called AHS back on Tuesday after the AC was fixed and I was told that there was noting they could do to compensate for the time and difficulty with getting my AC repaired, I was placed on hold 3 times totaling 45 minutes only to be hung up on. I called back and asked to speak to a manager and was told they are all out to lunch and can't help me. This is disappointing and it frustrates me that I pay AHS every month and when it comes time for AHS to do what they are being paid for I get the run around and had to wait a week and a half for AC in June, in Florida, and the only compensation I get is 45 minute wait time on the phone and no care and concern about the inconvenience that my family had to deal with because AHS took there time to assist. And by the way AHS took the deductible out 4 June 18 before anyone even stepped foot in my home to assets the AC unit. What kind of customer service is this, especially when I am paying a service and you are failing to provide that in a timely manner. Some form of compensation needs to be made ASAP!

I have been trying to get my refund for about a week now. No one can help me. All they are saying is they are processing the refund. They took the money out of my account without me giving permission. All I want is to get my 75.00 back. It must be someone who can help me. I have been a customer with AHS for over 14 years. This is bad business on AHS. I will be looking for another Home warranty company after this.

Sincerely MAD Customer

It is going on 2 weeks since American Home Shield was contacted regarding my dishwasher. Supposedly someone is researching to attain info on a replacement dishwasher or offer. That was 2 days ago and I have yet to hear from anyone. My contract number is 227040482. My phone is 601-758-3708. Unless I hear something in 24 hours, I will commit myself to locating every customer review site on the internet along with sharing my experience with all the people I know for many years.

Subject: 44619812
Request review of service. Furnace installed on 3/7/18. Paid modification fee of $640.00. No paperwork, .warrranty info and was contact by Supervisor Kevin (Joey) Isakson on 3/14 stating my $640.00 was being refunded and we should receive check in 4-5 days. He later stated thatwe never had the conversation, but gave me his contact info if there were any problems with refund.

washing machine has been broken about a month. Sears was sent to repair and recalled still not repaired. I have to keep taking off work and not getting paid. My boss is angry with me for taking off. Am I supposed to get in trouble at work because I'm paying you to get a service person to repair my done, which is it not. There is no was I can put this in a 100 words or less. I need help and all I'm getting is "I sorry" for the convenience. I've contacted my attorney and was advised to try one more time to get this resolved.

Our well is no longer pumping water. We called American Home Shield at 6:10 our time yesterday and they have failed to find a Well Company to come out and service our well. We have no water coming from the well and therefore no water coming into our house. When I talked to a service representative he understood the situation we were in. We had to brush our teeth with bottled water , fill up our toilet with a couple of gallons of water in order to flush them after using the bathroom. We also had to warm a bowl of water to sponge bathe this morning before we went to work.(using a couple of gallons of water we had purchased.)
By the end of the day, your staff did not and could not find a well company willing to come out. Due to this they tried to sens our a plumber . This plumber is not local and lives several hours away. He also has had many complains of poor service, which American Home Shield is aware of. In addition this same person came to our house in recent weeks to fix our washer. He took three weeks to replace a pump on our washing machine. He was so overwhelmed with other service calls. He said he forgot to order parts . Even after replacing the pump the machine still did not work properly. Another company had to come out to finally fix it. We asked that he never be sent back to our house again. I also made it very clear from the beginning of this recent call request,that I needed a well man(company) ..............The first gentleman I talked to told me they were going to take this plumber off our list and he would not be sent out here again. It seems clear to me that the service department is having difficulty finding anyone to work on wells. This is a serious problem.
I tried to reach corporate office to discuss my concerns and am still trying to get through.
Sincerely
customer without running water in house and no satisfaction from American Home Shield
901-877-8699 1-901-490-7302

I have never delt with a more screwed up company in my life!!!!

I am an existing customer Contract # 139642842

I WANT TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT IMMEDIATELY!
IN THE PAST 2 DAYS I HAVE LOGGED IN A TOTAL OF 43 CALLS, BEEN HUNG UP ON 17 TIMES, DISCONNECTED 18 TIMES, ON HOLD A TOTAL OF 373 MINUTES
A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME, THIS COMPANY IS WORST I HAVE EVER BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been out of heat for 2 weeks. We did contact American Home Shield on September 13th. They sent Strickland's heating and air on Sept. 15th. He put Freon in the unit for $315 within 2 days the heat went out again he retuned and did nothing. It's November and our heat is out again since November 14th. They sent out Best way Mechanical paid him $75.00 on the 16th. as of today Wednesday 11/23/16 we still don't have heat. We have contacted American Home Shield and they are all Trump up doing nothing to help get one on of their paying customers heat. We are considering finding another home appliance coverage. American Home Shield is the worst company to deal with. Temperatures are dropping in the 30's am.

Obviously my AC unit has a Freon leak. American Home Shield sends a technician out every year with the same problem. Each tech says they fixed the leak but all they are doing is refilling it up with Freon. The customer service rep says they warrant issues up to 60 days but once the Freon is filled it last through the summer but leaks out during fall and winter. I asked rep to look at pattern on my notes but her response to me was if I don't like AHS service then I need to come out of my pocket to purchase another unit. I pay AHS every month to warrant my appliances. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she explain that she was the only one I can speak to. I'm a very unhappy customer.

Microwave broke on 12.1.15. Technician came to house on 12.15.15. Technician stated repair was covered and needed to order parts. Called AHS on approx. 1.2.16 ASH stated parts were ordered. 1.10.16 called AHS, AHS stated parts order was lost and would reorder. Received call from technician stating parts have arrived and scheduled appt to repair microwave on 1.28.16. No one called or showed up on 1.28.16. Called AHS on 1.29.16, AHS stated that technician would call me to reschedule appt so that appt can happen within the next 24-48 hrs. Called American Home Shield customer service and never received call from technician. AHS stated technician is still waiting on parts. Requested another service company and as told they can not do that since parts have been ordered.

AHS reassured me that the parts would arrive to the technician on 11.29.16 Called AHS on 2.4.16 requesting status update. 2.4.16 AHS stated they are still waiting on parts. When asked for a timeline on delivery of parts they were unable to provide me with a timeline. When asked for other ways to expedite process they stated they had non. I requested a new microwave if our current microwave could not be repaired. AHS stated I would be charged a fee for restocking parts. When I stated that we have been waiting on the arts for over two months an they have been ordered three time AHS stated that they could order the parts again but it would take another two months. AHS stated they would place a request with Client Relations to call me.

2.5.16 Client Relations Agent Temeka Agent # 5084084 began yelling at me. When I asked to speak to her manager because she was speaking to me disrespectfully Temeka refused. Temeka then placed me on hold for 1 hr and then came back on the line and hung up.

I turned in a service request on Jan.11th,2016 on a Whirpool Clothes Dryer. A techinician from Newport TV came out on the13th and checked dryer out. Left it torn apart and I haven't heard from either company unless I called them with no satisfaction from either. since then the drum has fallen out of dryer and this is in the walkway coming from garage into house. I have cut my leg on this and my granddaughter has torn a pair of jeans on it. My husband called on the 27 to American Home Shield and they said they would get back with us in 24 hours.

Here it is Sunday Jan. 31 that is a little longer than 24 hours in my educated years. I just called AHS and the gentleman told me they got the parts that need to be replaced (11) on the dryer on the 27, but still have to locate parts.
I am getting extremely frustrated with this whole encounter. I would like feed back ASAP from the person at the American Home Shield corporate office and the CEO of the company.

My recent problem was with my refrigerator and washer. I filed a claim with AHS and was very happy with their services. The representatives were very helpful and understanding guys. They have explained me the overall process and I was pleased. They came home on time and had a look at the problem and got it fixed. Next time I face any issues, I know AHS would be there to help me. Submitting the claim was never so easy. They respond well and have good knowledge about what needs to be done. My reference to anyone related to such problems would be definelty AHS.

After reading more reviews recently, I am not sure I will continue though with American Home Shield next year. I have been saving money and do not think homeowners insurance is a must if you can self-insure. Usually the parts that come out are not as high quality as you might expect. I would be curious if anyone has experienced positive or negative benefits to this path. I am certainly not complaining about American Home Shield at all.

AHS purchased a new AC for our property. It was installed on 4.28. It failed on 6.13. Installer replaced freon. Failed again on 6.17. New Goodman AC. Installer said he couldn't come out. 6.16 Another service person was called. Said he couldn't fix the unit because original installer had to come. Installer said he would come back on 6.18. Now not coming until 6.19. Numerous calls to AHS for help. Will not budge on having installer come back. Hours on the phone, 85 degrees in a house that is rented, renters very angry & demanding refunds, property managers not thinking much of AHS. We have 3 contracts with AHS and no one is responding to this situation. This seems like poor service to the good customer.

We have been without a washer for over a month thanks to the Sears repair folks and they take no responsibility. We had a repair appointment made through American Home SHield. It is bad enough that we had to wait for two weeks for the appointment. The technician arrives and said we needed to replace the pump so he orderede the part. 4 days later the part arrives but we have to wait another two weeks for them to return for the installation. The day arrives finally. OOOPS! the technician orders the wrong part so another one has to be ordered and yes, you guessed it, another three weeks for them to return

When I received the part, three days later, I called Sears and asked if they couls schedule an early appointment since it was their mistake and they should take responsibility for the technician’s error.

They didn’t even budge. All they said was that if someone cancelled an appointment, they would fill me in the spot. That is not going to happen. The attitude I got talking to a number of people was a total disappointment. I even had a supervisor tell me “what do you want me to do?” Well, I told her. Send someone right away and fix my washer since it was your doing that has caused my inconvenience. She ssaid she couldn’t. Then why ask?

This is very poor customer service. No accountability what so ever. If I had a choice I would schedule future repairs from someone else however, we are at the mercy of American Home Shield.

Have feedback for American Home Shield?