Vodacom Complaints Continued... (Page 5)

586+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Vodacom corporate: +27-8211

Vodacoms data bundles are too expensive . As a prepaid customer I am very unhappy and I think its a total rip off.

My son's almost new Sony Xperia's screen stopped working in the middle of March. The phone still worked, but the display was dead. He walked down to Strand Square Vodacom to explain the problem as we saw on the internet that it was a much discussed problem on certain batches of the Xperia. He was told by the staff that he had to take the phone to the repair centre at Somerset Mall (The Circle @ 5 Flags Centre).

As I work out of town and my son doesn't have transport, he had to wait a few days before we could do this. We took the phone there on about 20 or 21 March. Unfortunately he dropped the phone on the way to the shop and it had a small crack on the back plate by the time we got to the shop. I understand that Sony refuses any warranty repairs if there is any damage on the phone. I accepted this reluctantly, and asked them to supply us with a quote.

On 26 March 2015, I received a phone call from Stacey-Lee Manuel with the quote for the repairs and asked her to email it to me, which she did. I told her to give me a little time as it was a lot of money and I needed to arrange for the funds to be available.

On 31 March 2015 at 12h57 PM I sent an email to vodacomrepairs.somersetwest@vodacom.co.za to confirm that they should continue with the repairs as I have the money available. About a week later, we saw on the Vodacom website that the phone was back at the Repair Centre in Somerset West.

When we arrived at the Repair Centre we went to the counter to collect the phone. They went to collect it and to our surprise the phone was not repaired at all. When I asked them why it was not repaired, they informed me that it was sent back to them from the 3rd party as the quote was never accepted. I insisted that I accepted the quote and at first it seemed like the staff member didn't believe me as it clearly states on the document that the quote went unanswered.

At this point I really lost my cool and insisted that the situation get sorted out as soon as possible. Eventually she apologized and agreed to send the phone back to be repaired with a priority notice. I am not 100% sure of the dates, but after this last conversation the phone has been away for more than a month.

The worst of this whole situation is that we have received no communication from Vodacom whatsoever. TOTAL SILENCE. According to the website, the phone is still at the 3rd party repairer (for more than a month). My son actually phoned the Repair Centre last week to enquire about the status of the phone and was told that it's still being repaired and they will contact the 3rd party and ask for priority service.

In the meantime, I have spoken to some other repair centres and they all confirmed that it was at worst 1 days work to repair the stated problem according to the quote provided by Vodacom.

The level of service my son received from Vodacom is appalling, and it seems that there is no urgency from there side whatsoever to help. Every time either of us have contacted them, it ended up with an apology from them and promises to have it sorted out as soon as possible.

Of course, this would never happen and they never communicated any follow up news to us. Every time we had to contact them again, they never had the courtesy to phone, email or sms us once after the phone was sent away for the second time.

With all of this happening, he still pays his account every month!!

I have spent my whole life in the service and sales industry, and I have never experienced such bad service. The attitude of Vodacom's staff is so bad that it seems they really don't care about their customers. This experience with Vodacom will be spread far and wide and everyone who is willing to listen will hear this story.

My phone gives problems, just going off. I took my phone to Vodacom Chats in Brakpan. The guy said it can only be a software update or battery. I just bought a new battery, I said to him I think it might be charging points as my phone does not charge. He did the software update for which I paid R180.

When I went to fetch my phone the same problem exist. He then said I must buy new battery. I told him I have just bought a new battery. Now he wants to give me quote for repairing my phone which I think he should have done in the first place. This guy is just trying to make money out of customers. If I can't get this solved I will have no other choice as to contact the onbudsman. I hope to hear from you soon.

My Daughter's, who works on cruise liners, cell phone was stolen while she was home in November 2013, and this was 2 days after taking out the contract. As a result, when my husband was due for an upgrade last year in May 2014 we got a Nokia Lumia 720 for her as her contract had 18 months to go. We tested it and then put it away until she returned from overseas in Mid July 2014.

In August 2014 the phone's sound started coming and going. The phone was then taken into Tyger Valley Vodacare store and at the time told them that this was urgent as she was returning overseas on the 11 September. The updates and responses were very poor and we had to phone on a weekly basis to chase things up only to discover that the phone was sent to Johannesburg only a week before she was due to leave. I then had to phone on a daily basis and it was eventually sent back to the store 2 hours before she was due to leave for the airport.

6 weeks later, the same problem occurred but now she was on a ship and only returning 17 March 2015. so nothing could be done, and to add insult to injury the battery packed up as well at 7 months

On her return, the phone was taken back to Tyger Valley Vodacare on the 23rd March 2015 and again told them that this was an urgent job as she was going back overseas. and here the fun began again. ...... the previous job had not been closed and as a result a job number could not be provided. This they said had to be done by head office. After 4 phone calls and going to the store 3 times this was eventually achieved on the 17th of April. Again after various calls I was eventually told today 4 May 2015 that the phone is on the way to Johannesburg and has not arrived yet. 17 days after the job was allocated and 42 days after the phone was handed in.

My daughter is leaving on 11 May which is in 7 days time and no repair has even been started. This phone is still under Warranty, and I now demand a replacement as I do not trust that: number 1 it will be repaired correctly and number 2 continue to work once she leaves again and then at that stage the warranty will have expired.

I am in the service industry and have never in my life received such appalling service. All I receive is the run around by everyone I have spoken too including Managers at the Customer Relations. This phone must be replaced and ready for collection by Thursday 7th May at the very latest

I ordered a Tablet and phone combo from Vodacom. The courier only delivered the phone. I was not too happy with that and I phoned Vodacom to ask them to collect the phone on the same day. I received the phone and canceled my contract as they have a 7 day exchange option, this was from November last year.

Every time I phone them, they say that it takes 21 days to collect. It is now 6 months later and no one has collected this device! What irritates me even more is the fact that Vodacom have been taking money from my account every month. I find this very unprofessional from Vodacom. As one of South Africa's leading cellular networks, I expected them to have more moral and values and stop stealing and robbing its clients.

Failing to get a response from Vodacom, I will be speaking to my lawyers to get back what was wrongfully stollen from me.

My contract phone (Samsung S5 Mini) was stolen 2 months ago and I am struggling to claim my phone back because some genius never activated my insurance, which I signed for on my contract. So now for the last 2 months I have been paying for a phone I dont have, Vodacom please sort out your mess and fast.

Why do you advertise on the internet under itemized billing that you can view you recharge history, recent nos. dialed, account mini statement, 30 day statement, etc etc. when you cannot deliver or have the options available. Vodacoms service is really becomming frustrating more especially when you advertise what you cannot deliver. I am seriously thinking of switching networks. Even your call center is a waste of customer time and money 99% of the time they tell you they are working on the problem day's on end.

I took my phone for repairs on 11-04-2015 at Vodacom repair centre in Polokwane. The phone had a problem of a thick line on the left screen of the phone. The job number is 10736102 and they collected the phone on 23-04-2015 and the problem was fixed but they upgraded my phone with a new software which I don't like (not user friendly).

I then went back to Vodacom repairs centre to ask them to reinstate the software which came with the phone, I was told that is not possible. I as a customer not happy with this software version 5.0.2. I know for a fact that it is possible as I have knowledge of this, so please my request is straight forward.

Loss of business and destruction of existing infrastructure/property. The on going laying of fibre optic cable in ubungo has caused a total closure of my business for the last four days, sewage infra has been completely demolished, parking lot has been demolished and blocked. I am filling for legal assistance and you will be communicated shortly.

My sim card for my data device was hacked in June 2014 and the data usage alone was R4,000. I was actually in the hospital during this time and Vodacom agreed to reverse the amount of R4,000. Vodacom confirmed that they could not find any sign of data usage on my service and also confirmed that this was indeed someone hacking in.

Then, on the 1st of January 2015, an amount of approximately R6,500 was debited from my account and I immediately then reversed the debit order with my bank. I called Vodacom Customer Care immediately afterwards to inform them that I had reversed the debit order and my reason for doing so. This is when the 1st service request was logged and after 21 days it was closed without any feedback. Needless to say, I eventually landed up logging 4 different service requests and after 2months of ongoing calls to Vodacom I apparently owed R30,000 for data usage. I have been into a large Vodacom store and still have had no joy in getting to the bottom of this. All that I am told is that "the agreement states that you pay for data used no matter who uses it." Yet again, I am told that they cannot find any data usage in their records and they don't know the reason for the high billing.

I am a 62 year old woman and nowhere in my wildest dreams would I use R30,000 worth of data. If I check back in my records, I seldom exceeded my monthly data usage and for me to spend such a large amount on data is purely impossible. I also received no notifications on any of my data devices that I had exceeded my monthly usage and anything stating that any further data usage would be for my own account. My data stats on both devices show that I’ve used 32 GB since 2012. Even my daughter has tried to rectify this matter but to no avail.

Lastly, being a loyal customer to Vodacom for over 15 Years, every single payment has been made to Vodacom, and my account is up to date and paid timeously every single month! All my numbers have been terminated for life, so I'm told, and I'm being sued for the outstanding amount, but Vodacom is not prepared to resolve this issue with me. I think it's absolutely disgraceful and I am not the only person that has experienced this with Vodacom

I've been using my number for as long as I could remember, but recently, I needed to do a sim swap as I've got a new handset requiring micro sim.

I went to a Vodashop at Festival Mall and was told my number is registered under someone else's name. I was asked to get an affidavit confirming it's my number which I did, and they faxed it for me. I was told it should take 48 hrs for it to be resolved. To date, it hasn't, and yesterday, I went back to the same Vodashop and the same consultant didn't have an answer for me. He just to re-fax it all over again and asked me to give it another 48 hrs. I asked as to where the division dealing with the affidavit is located for me to go there personally to get this sorted but was told they don't deal with customers and have to liaison with them instead.

What do I need to do as this number is mine and is actively in use?

I did apply for a business contract from vodacom on Tuesday 14 April 2015 via online services, on Wednesday Vodacom phoned me and my contract was approved, they also send me a mail to say the contract was approved. On Thursday a Lady called me and confirm my package and also on mail again. She inform me someone will call me for telephonic confirmation on Thursday the 16th April, the the phone will be delivered via courier on Friday. On Monday the 20th of April I phoned 0821945 and they put me through to 15 different people where I have to tell them the same story over and over, eventually I got to the right division.

They promise me early during the morning somebody will phone me on Monday, to confirm whatever they need to know before they send out my cell. So I phoned again 3 times during Tuesday because I have to give training and cant take my cellphone with me, and get the same promise over and over, somebody will call me immediately, they have send emails to the "CONFIRMING" definition. I lost 2 days at work. A lady was very rude to me yesterday, but that was the same lady that told me lies about phoning me back. I overspend my calls to vodacom and it is now furious because they cant do their jobs and made false promises to the customers. If you phoned 0821945 it sound like a lot of bees they laugh and speak loud, why are the in a position if they can not act professional.

I have a contract with Vodacom for about 15 years and I cant say that I have not had experience with any company that is so useless to help a customer. My contract was on a weekender off peak that you have 120 minutes off peak, and I found that it is not working for me because I don't use the minutes after hours. so I went to a Vodacom dealer and queried about different packages that they have. Very nice service, the clerk gave me a contract talk 350s that could work for me 350 minutes any time

The first month that I got my account they overcharge me with the minutes (they don't give me any minutes) I pay for the more expensive contact and I don't get the benefits. so I called Vodacom and they will take care off it. I stopped my debit order and pay them the wright amount of money that is dew to them. The second month came and the same story, only they charge me R100 because I stopped my debit order and the money I deducted from the bill the previous month a nice bill, very close to R3000.00. I phoned them again and they say they will sort it out and pay me back my money that I was overcharged, even give me reference numbers.

The third month came and still the same story. Now this is really bad service, don't Vodacom have one person in their service that can see the problem, they know the problem is on their side but know one can fix it why are we paying our contracts for a company that cant give their employees training to help their customers. I have contact Vodacom again and I am telling you I will not pay my account this moth you need to sort your mess and see that I have paid you more money that is dew to you this month and if you register me at ITC I will take you to court and the we will see what training your legal crew have

After all these years this is the first time that I have been disappointed by Vodacom service. I have been a customer of Vodacom since the beginning of cellular service in S.A. You can check my records and see all my contracts over the years not to mention how many I have personally at the moment for my wife and kids. I hope you can assist me as this is the first time ever that I am need of
your assistance.

I have been using a Samsung Note 3 over the past years and got stolen recently. I need an Android Phone as I am an Auto Electrician and do diagnostics with a Bluetooth diagnostic device to allocate faults as well as an independent business with a print out report. After this phone got stolen I took out another contract as I needed an Android phone urgently. The phone I took was a Sony Z3 as it was advertised as waterproof that you can take photos while swimming and thought it may be an extra feature when swimming with kids. A month later my son spilled coffee on the phone and I thought it is water proof, I can clean it with water. I did dip it in water and dried it with a cloth. After that the phone was working but speakers did not work.

I handed it in with this complaint on the 25 March 2015 in Vodacom Brits Mall(JOB NO.10702495). I had this phone one month Only. I received messages that it has gone to Four ways mall, then advance repair center, then again four ways mall and again to advance repair center etc. This phone seems to have a problem from beginning or it was falsely advertised, never the less it costed me a loss of clients as I can not help them. I beg of you not to send back that phone. I fear I may endure further problems and loose more clients.

Notice of price increase received on all my contracts from 1 May 2015. I do not accept the increase as for point 5.8 of the contract, and the vodacom increase, to my contract prices, and the fact that Vodacom is cancelling our two year agreement/contracts from their side. I do accept the right of Vodacom to increase their prices as per 5.8 of the contract, and I therefore exercise my right to agree to terminate, not cancel from my side, our contract, with all the costs/charges/exspences to Vodacom as from 1 May 2015, on all my accounts. My right to keep my sets/ phones/numbers and to make all numbers, prepaid accounts as from 1 May 2015 and that no instrument will be blocked or blacklisted.

Vodacom used to be a wonderful network, however it has gone extremeley useless. I recharged with a R12.00 vodacom this morning and I hardley used my phone. At half past 10, I tried to send a message only to find out that my balance was R0.00. Many times this had occured and when I called in they couldnt explain why. In one case, the lady said that vodacom was experiencing problems and that the airtime would be restored shortly which never happened! R12.00 is alot of money and what should one do when they are in an emergency? I expect an email back from somebody in vodacom, acknowledging my complaint!

My complaint is as follows:- I purchased a handset (Samsung S5660 G10) from Vodacom in July 2011. It was delivered to me on 27 July 2011. The contract ended in July 2013. I was contacted via telephone advising me that I am due for an update, I advised the lady that I am not interested as I already applied for a contract with another service provider. The amount deducted via debit order from my savings account with Absa was R185.00. This debit order never stopped, in January 2014 the amount went up to R529.00 without my approval. This amount are still being deducted from my account. After several phone calls (referring me from one number to another, to no avail) and several e mails I still had no reply. The account number for the above purchase was 12759433.

Phoned Thursday midday my voice mail was deleted..i phoned 121..they logged the call and said voice mail will be active in 24hrs..why .. I have been with vodacom for many years and could activate voice mail within minutes..now over 36hrs..still no connection? I reactivated my second cell on the same afternoon in 5 mins...my business is 24hrs per day ..really need VM..can you assist..your help desk said I must wait another 24hrs??..Ii use vodacom for many gsm controllers for access to complexes

My vodacom account is still not reactivated, I have on numerous occasions attempted to speak to your consultants, who requested proof of payment. I have emailed them repeatedly everytime I spoke to a consultant. My debit order to you has been successful every month and its now 4 months and my number is still not activated. Please can you assist me urgently. I am so tired of speaking to your incompetent consultants who unfortunately cannot assist me.

I want to lay a official complaint this morning against Vodacom as well as a certain Leroy at the Bay side Vodacom walk in store in Bloubergstrand. Apparently he is the Branch manager at this store. I am a long life customer of Vodacom and if you go into my history, you will find me with your company for many years and i was always receiving the best service yet.However, i am very disappointed with the service i received from your walk in shop in the Bayside centre in Bloubergstrand. I do have a ADSl line with Telkom and was using it to do my work with the Bank who i am contracted with. All my administrative work was done on the Bank's system and ADSl was working just fine for me in the area.

Last week i experienced problems with my ADSl line and my computer and my husband that's always dealing with this, was not at home. I panicked and ran down to the Bay side centre to obtain help from your local walk in store on the 02nd April 2015. I did sign a contract and a package was handed over to me in the form of a Internet stick and a Sim card. The salesman wanted to open it for me and i requested him not to do so because i know what it is all about. i did have this same product before. I left and because the next day was the start of the long weekend, i didn't open the product neither connecting it with my computer.

My husband arrived back on Saturday the 4th April 2015 and fixed the problem for me. it was just a setting according to Telkom. My son and husband re minded me that i can still go and cancel the product because the NCA specifically allow a period for a "cooling of" on any contact. i am a Bond Specialist as well and was aware of this legal point. I went back to this walk in store on the 6th April 2015 and requested the salesman to cancel the contract. He said to me he can't do it because it is a walk in deal. If it was done telephonic, it was differently. My husband ask him what the difference was. He then turn around and said he will call his Manager. A unknown person approached us and he identify himself as 'Leroy" He confirm the statement of his salesman and said the contract is binding for 2 years and there is no way the contract will be cancelled.

Me as well as my husband indicated to this manager that he is busy misleading us and that he is committing a illegal action against the New Credit ACT. He then claimed Vodacom was not binding by this . My
husband informed him that we will lay a complaint against him at the Credit Regulator. He invited us to proceed. We left the store. I then contacted Vodacom help line on the 6th April 2015 at 15H50. I spoke to a certain Fatima. I informed her the reason of my call and i ask her if this call are busy getting recorded. She confirmed it. I cant believe that a big company as Vodacom are, will commit such a atrocity against a Law of the Republic of South Africa,. A further disturbing point is as i understood Fatima, that this product was not even activated on the 6th April 2015 although it was already taken on the 2nd April.Leroy still have the audacity to tell me that there is nothing i can do.

In December 2014 I have upgradesd on my contracts, I had to pay another 3 months on my previous contract R79 extra with the new contracts amount. I chose my new contracts on the U choose Flexi 100. Now in March when it came to the last payment of my previous contract Vodacom chooses for me that we should now be on U choos flexi 110, making me pay R10 more on each contract without giving me a call and asking if it is ok to put my airtime up with R10, I was never informed that I had to pay R10 more when I went for an upgrade. How could choices be made without consulting a client? I am not Happy with this because no one informed me about this I only got a sms saying From 1 May 2015 your uChoose Flexi 100 subscription will increase from R99.00 to R110.00 per month. Your new price plan name is uChoose Flexi 110, you are quick to give a call and try to sell something new to your clients. But when it comes to sticking to what a client asked for in the first place I don't know.

I had been incorrectly billed on my account, I realized in July 2014 that I had been paying exorbitant amount for this number. I stopped using the number and kept the Sim card where nobody could find it. To my surprise on the 6th December 2014 when I checked my bank statement I found out that Vodacom had been deducting the same amount (about R 911.45 or so) for all this months for the number that it is not in use. Despite contacting Vodacom to rectify the situation they had continued to deduct this amount until end of January. Their explanation of deducting such exorbitant amount was because I subscribed for Virus protection with a certain company of which I had never subscribed for such service neither did I give anyone consent to deduct my money through Vodacom. The money that was deducted was unreasonable for Virus protection. This is completely unacceptable situation and I would like Vodacom to reimburse all the money they have deducted for this data service with interest. I must mention that Vodacom customer service is really poor. I am willing to provide my bank statement and invoices, if required.

My cellphone contract expired in august 2014 and i did not upgrade to a new contract. So according to my knowledge it was a month to month contract. In October 2014 i contacted Vodacom customer care to cancel my contract and to change pay as you go. I had to give 1 month notice so November 2014 i have paid the contract amount for October 2014. 1 November i bought airtime for the month of November 2014. In December 2014 Vodacom debit my account with the contract amount which i reversed. My wife contacted them as i was out of the country. She was referred to many departments without any answer why money was deducted. Eventually she and a Vodacom consultant had harsh words due to poor services and no legitimate reason why the money was deducted. In February 2015 i received an email from Vodacom threatening me with handing me over to the credit bureau. To avoid my clean record be damaged i've paid the amount that i''ve reversed December 2014. I have emailed numerous times requesting a detailed explanation why i am paying if the phone number was on pay as you go. Until today Vodacom did not even acknowledge one of my emails nor did i received a legit answer. I personally think they owe me my money as they showed me with their silence on my request they do not have an answer as to why i had to pay.

This is my exact complaint to vodacom I just wonder if the person at the advanced IT center know how to log off a pc DAMN !!! i am losing customers because of them. From: Kobus - To: 'customercare@vodacom.co.za.' Subject: poor service: Hi, I am very upset at your service ! I have a small PC shop in Underberg KZN . I load monthly bundles for my own use Then I load daily bundles that expire the same day loaded at 12 in the evening All of this depend on the amount of customers I get . when one wants to send an email I charge them R20 . I will then buy 20mb for R5 as maximum size per email is around 3Mb per attachment.

Now : after I have bought the daily bundle then one cannot log on to your server! When one do lodge a valid complaint for 6 times a day you get barred from calling the Helpdesk for a month !!! This is totally unacceptable if the problem persists on YOUR SIDE. When I buy daily bundles from *111# it don’t tell me your server is down The daily bundle expire at 12 the very same day. When one request detailed balances from *111# there is always *text missing*! Even when you send it via sms! I have lodged a formal complaint as one of the Vodacom numbers I use Then I got barred from calling your helpdesk for a month because I have exceeded the amount of calls to you. Again the problem still persists on your side !!! one moment one can log in to your server and the next moment everything is down! Even your email server crash for some unknown reason to me!

On Thursday even I have spoken to one of your IT personnel. The only one admitting to a problem … and I cant get hold of her again as one cannot select who to speak to. Yea Vodacom refunded me R10 airtime and 5oMB data But it is nothing compared to my clients that’s lost interest in my computer shop because of YOUR POOR SERVICE. I do hold A+++ and C+++ certificates and know each and every operating system available in SA from Win 3.11 to Win 9 as well as Dos 6 to Dos 6.6 that windows 8 use as well as any setting for Vodacom. How are YOU going to rectify this situation? I am tired of getting run around and when one have paid for a service and you don’t get , then one is allowed to get angry! Should I take this up with the Ombutsman ? This situation is totally unacceptable!

I am waiting your response witch I will publish on any website available to me as I am an MTN and Cell C user as well.

They always deduct more money on my account and when I call and ask they tell me that am in roaming areas. From Jan they deducted 400 or more but on my contract it says 200 per month!

I had a awesome experience with vodacom up until now that i feel thay are breaking signed contracts I have the following a contract flexi 100 and a contract top up 315 i pay R756 each month I have signed a contract with vodacom and now that i have approximately 4 months left to upgrade as per telephonic conversation they tell me the packages has been discontinued and as of 1 may 2015 the flexi 100 will be flexi 110 and the top up 315 will be a top up 335 yes the customer call center and then the vodacom branch pick n pay said its the rates that went up. Well now i must pay more than R756 per month here is news for you I did not give them permission to change it as of 1 of may 2015 and therefor i have signed a contract to agree on the R756 per month and did not sign and agree on the change of price plan. I will refuse to pay that extra money each month and will now stop my debit order and pay monthly bill in cash and only the amount i signed for and stated in the contract on February 06 2014 and the t and c's that i just went through on my contract does not list these actions as part as t and c's!

I had a contract for data for use as internet. I personally visited Vodacom at Northgate to put a block on going over the allowed usage. They confirmed that they put a block that it could not go over more than R50. My daughter who has a cellphone contract on my name 0723468386 has always received smses if the usage on 0798849449 went over. In February the account for the January usage was correct. For the February usage Vodacom allowed this to go over by R406.00. This is absolutely ridiculous as we did not receive any notification. Yesterday when I phoned customer care they told me I am still liable to pay this. I am really annoyed by the incompetence of Vodacom to not block as requested or at least notify us and then expect me to pay this. Also I cancelled the number 0798849449 because of similar problems experienced before. No when I query this I am told that because the number has now been cancelled they cannot assist me. Because of this experience I will definitely be looking at what action I will take when the other three vodacom contracts are due for renewal. I do expect some urgent feedback.

On the 8th of December I upgraded a contract at Vodacom cresta to a 2 gig top up.The consultant made a error by loading the contract as a open contract.I was totally unaware of this and was waiting for my data to run out in order to top it up which never happened and resulted in a very high bill.The manager has admitted fault on there side and offered to pay back half the amount outstanding.I feel this is unfair as a contract is binding from both sides and the fact that they messed up and are making me liable for there error.Please I need assistance I have been a loyal customer with Vodacom for 18 years and this is the first time I have had such a negative experience

Last year Dec before i retired i filled in all documents to transfer my company cell phone , contract to my name &instructions clearly given that come Jan 2015 the billing , premiums must come off from my account. Three months into 2015 this still didn't happen. Today i went to the Bluff branch where i handed the documents in Dec & i was told the person who filled the documents is no more works there. The Supervisor told he will check for the doc in the file &get back to me. I am still waiting for him mean while my ex-employer think i am a fraud. Please can you treat this seriously. A dissatisfied Customer!

I've had the same problem in December-no internet or very slow! Now I'm complaining about the same problem! Phoned 155 this afternoon and the lady told me she will send a sms to sort it out! Its nearly 8oclock and still nothing! Tried to get her name but phone went dead? And still problems with internet!! Enough is enough!! Lost 2 gig in Desember not again! Really do you care that much?

If you think Vodacom delivers pre-arranged and vital international roaming facilities, think again- there a good chance they will not- When you are overseas without roaming, don’t expect much help from them either. I requested and received international roaming service from Vodacom many years ago. Three times last year I found my roaming service to be inactive, despite checking with Vodacom before I left. On each occasion instead of just resuming the service, I was instructed to meet Vodacom's “special new” requirements in order to get roaming service reinstated. One of these conditions is/was impossible to meet. To re-instate roaming took Vodacom a roughly week on each occasion, during the week Vodacom repeatedly told me that roaming was enabled yet my phone was dead- a travelling companion had Vodacom roaming services. When approached for an assurance that it would not happen a 4th time, Vodacom CEO office’s response was to offer profuse apologies and to deny access to the Vodacom Community web-site to discuss their general response of "That's the way it is -live with it". I wonder how the Vodacom CEO handles such poor service when he travels internationally.

Hi, I am really annoyed with Vodacome using other companies ad their whatever they call it. I have received a call frim Elite Mobile offering me a R79 package. The guy who sold it to me told me so many lies that my sim will syat prepaid but now my phone has been stolen and I find out that im now a contract user. I am so angry with Vodacom. I hate it. And worse part is the contact is not longer according to the agreement. If vocacom continue using these people it will loose customers. This is really annoying, I cant stand this. I am so angry right now. I need my sim card back and not on Contract Please!

I have a company cell phone paid for by pfk electronics. I received a message yesterday from vodacom that i have requested a sim swap and i need to contact vodacom to advise them if not so. I dialled the 082111 number and told the consultant that neither i or pfk had requested a sim swap. The consultant said all changes to a corporate account must be done on a company letter head. She then requested our account number but since i was not at our offices in pmb where this information is kept i could not provide her with this. She then asked for our bank details and again i only knew we bank at nedbank . But this was insufficient. I then said i will get our office to provide them with this info . We did do this but it was too late. The sim was swapped. On investigation vodacom admitted they had made a mistake but that they will reverse it. But of course it will take 24 to 48 hours to be activated. My phone is my business tool and i am now 24 hours without a phone because vodacom messed up! This is not acceptable! I got cut off in an instant why can you not reactivate it in an instant? This is pathertic customer service. Your consultants should have verified the number especially when i told them we did not request a sim swap.

At the end of last month my vodacom debit order couldn't go through as there was a monetary problem. I then proceeded to EFT the money directly to them on the 6 March. On Monday 16 March they tried to re-debit my account again. The debit did of course not go though and my bank charged me hefty fees. I have been fighting with Vodacom since then to get a full refund for the bank charges as my bank account is now in excess. I do not have the money to pay in to my account. And now my bank is sending me unpleasant letters abt the state of my credit rating with them. Vodacom is offering a credit on my account with them for less than what they owe me. I want a refund done on my account. When I query it I get snotty responses from them telling me I have already been responded too???

I gave my blackberry in for repair as the stroller did not work when I got the phone back the problem was fixed so I took the phone home. when I got home 3 of the buttons did not work so the next day I took it back, then they said the phone had water damage and I need to pay R820 to fix it. I told them that it was impossible as I had the phone only one day. I am still pay for this phone and I can not use it. The service I received was shocking. I got no help from the people who work in this they just kept saying the same thing are did not understand that it is impossible that I had caused this is I never used the phone for this one day. I am highly disappointed that people can think that the consumer is that stupid.

In July 2014, I cancelled my Vodacom contract over the phone and I was advised that the last debit will be at the end of August as cancellation are given a one month period. To this day, they are still charging me for this "cancelled contract. I have called them countless time and each time they confirm that the contract has indeed been cancelled, but they are not sure why I am still being billed. Solution? Nothing. This is pathetic. Unfortunately I have another contract with them so I cannot cancel the debit order because they will be on my back for payments. I have run out of patience with Vodacom. Their service is very bad. The call centre agent are clueless. I do not know if anybody has been through this. If anybody has any other suggestions, I will be grateful

My phone came from Tygervalley repairs after 3weeks but it showed no service. I took my phone back in for repairs on 13 March 2015 at Century city repairs.They told me they can't fix it they had to send it back to Tygervalley Repairs.On 17March I phoned Tygervalley Repairs to ask them if they received the phone.They told me no they did not.I then phoned century city to ask them & they told me Tygervalley received it on the 17March.I gave them time to sort it out because they were playing the blame game.I then phoned Tygervalley Repairs again on the 20march because I was pissed because nobody knew where is the phone.They told me they did not receive anything I phoned Lynn the Manager at Century city Repairs & she told me she don't know where is the phone & will follow up.I had to phone all over even to JHB repairs & they told me Jade who works at Tygervalley Vodashop received the phone on 17March.

I then phoned Tygervalley Vodashop & spoke to Jade & he told me that the phone was at the store but he told the courier driver it was delivered at the wrong store.Jade then left the phone at the back and didn't even phone century city to ask them where was the phone suppose to be delivered.I phoned Lynn numerous times and she was just nonchalant & she had an attitude.She gets paid for doing nothing I had to waste my airtime to find out where is the phone & I told her I will expose her because she was not doing her work & the guy who helped us in the first place send the phone to the wrong place.I'm very disappointed in Vodacom because I'm paying R700 each month for my phone & it's been a month now without my phone so I pay the phone but can't even use it because your technicians don't know what they doing. VODACOM SUCKS!!!

I took out a new cellphone contact at Brookside Mall Pietermaritzburg. The person assisting with the contract was Sli Potgieter..I informed her I was going away on a cruise and and the fone would be opened only when I got back as to the reference of the 7 day return of a defective fone. Being the person who sold the fone Sli failed to inform me that the fone required a micro sim and my current sim was that of a normal one. The day I got back after the cruise I opened the new handset and it required a micro sim. I went into Vodacom purchased a new sim and switched on the new fone.. 4days later the fone froze and I took it back I was informed by Sli that it would require a upgrade in terms of software.... 7 days by and no sign of the fone and I am bound by a contract but Vodacom can care less...I have foned Sli several times and she is evasive and has still not sorted out the problem...Any one with the CPA knowledge please advise me

I am a customer with account number K0113653-8. Vodacom activated two month to month contracts on my account without my knowledge - a midnight owl contract and a 500mb contract. I noticed one, the 500mb one and told them to cancel it. The customer lady said she will cancel it effective 31 March because I had used some of the data on the m2m contract. Funny because my montly data which comes with my package is still there. The total data used in the month is only a fraction of the data coming with monthly L package data. Short version of my query is I want the two month to month contracts cancelled from inception. I cannot pay for their mistake which really is not a first.

You can never get hold of the people in the legal department. They hide behind the call centre ladies and closed doors. Please can someone from the legal department do their job and call my lawyers on 012 663 5625 and speak to Liesl. We have left so many messages and sent a number of emails. We need a matter resolved today. A little attention to customer service would go a long way.

I am a former Nashua account holder. My account was transferred to Vodacom in January 2015. I also upgraded in January. I filled out all the forms and on the application form I indicated the following choices:

1) E BILLING
2) DEBIT ORDER

In February 2015, a lady from Vodacom phoned me asking me to confirm the DEBIT ORDER. My answer was I indicated that on my application form and that I would appreciate if that could be done in that way. The lady confirmed that she indicated that on my account. Yesterday evening I noticed that I did not have internet services. This morning I contacted your Client Service and was told that my account was suspended. Up to now I have not received ANY ACCOUNT or NOTIFICATION of what is happening. If this is the way that Vodacom treats their clients, I will have to rethink my connection with you by joining up with another cell phone service provider. Further more, I will be seeking help from the Consumer Council if this problem is not solved.

I am visiting the outlet where this contract was taken out to make sure whether they have indicated my requests. If not, I will be taking further steps. Just because Vodacom is the leading service provider, it does not mean they can treat their customers in any way they like. Looking forward to your response.

October/November 2014, i was contacted by a sales consultant from Vodacom offering me a wonderful package deal, the sales person was so convincing and said that this would be great deal for me as my bills were so high, little did i know!!, my stupidity i agreed to take the deal. The reason for the new deal was because my cell phone bill was a bit high for two or three months, but was still paid via debit order. On the 22nd of December 2014 my bill was R3646.99 and there was insuficient funds, In january 2015 i received a bill of R8660.11 (inclusive of the arrears)and the new contact sold to me, when hardly even using the phone.

An amount of R4913.12 was again returned in January 2015. At this point my bill with the arrears was R8760.11, my line was then switched off. I contacted the call centre and they tried to explain why my bill was so high, I agreed to make payments to get the account up to date, I made a payment of R2000.00 on the 23/01/15 and R1000.00 on the 30/01/15 at this point my account was standing at R5860.11.I have three lines of which two i only pay bill of R359.00 and R349.00 a month as i do not use these lines. My bill as at the 03/02 was R8405.19 this was the new contract R1837.08 and the two other lines, i then paid R1500.00 on the 12/02/15 and R2000.00 on the 27/02 and R1000.00 on the 04/03/15. At this point my bill together with the arrears would have been R3905.19. On the 01/03 I received an sms that I owed R4360.11, on the 04/03 i received an SMS that i owe R5005.19.

On contacting the call centre which is a waiste of time i was told i must pay the arrears or else. I spoke to them today again and said i would pay R1000.00 and they could debit the full amoun on the 20th, they did not agree to this and i was told that they would not switch my line back on. I have had this contract since 1997. If i had stayed on my previous contract and not been suckered into a crappy marketing strategy of Vodacom i would not be in this predicament. As a loyal customer of Vodacom i find their service absolutely disgusting. I will not be paying the full amount on the 20th I will be paying this off and cancelling my contracts with this so called world quality company and will be taking my business to a reputably cell phone company.

I have purchased a HUAWEI TABLET in December and unfortunately I inserted the sim incorrectly but I took it to VODACOM Menlyn whereby it was taken out and they told me that everything is fine and also did a swim swap but still its giving me problems now they are telling me that they cant fix it I have to pay R2019 for repairs, my job number is 10614380, this device is still under warranty and on contract, how can menlyn say one thing and then eastgate are telling me to pay because if it was damaged they should have detected it first time I send it for removal of the sim card, I had to buy a new sim card. So now they are telling me I will be getting a phone that is not working this is really ridiculous.

Ref: 00 RU - UCSM / S3-8UB94-42CN / Your reference number is: 0038~8GKQ, 0030~04R4. It saddens me at the service received from your company. During Jan 2015 I contacted your offices to cancel a contract that will be due for upgrade in May 2015. whilst requesting the information your agent assisted me to upgrade my flexi time contract to a sony experia Z3 of whom confirmed the handset will be delivered to me on the 16th Jan 2015.

On the 29th Jan 2015 the handset was received almost a week later from the initial date provided to me. Upon opening my device i found that the sim card was a micro sim and not a nano sim. I then contacted the call centre on the 30th Jan 2015 and the agent advised a request was submitted and i will received the sim in the next 3 working days, the following week i called again requesting the sim and once again was advised in 3 working days the sim will be delivered i was frustrated with the service provided and had words with your agent for poor service received, I requested to speak to a manager and was advised the manager will call me back in 10 minutes of which to date i have still not received response.

I then emailed your customer care centre and after 2days received a call from Arlene Fredericks who sent me a prompt email regarding our conversation that i was to visit a vodacom outlet and buy a nano sim which they will reimburse me when i forward the proof of purchase, on the 16th Feb 2015 I forward Arlene the proof to have my money refunded, and a follow up email on the 19th Feb 2015 and again last night the 23 Feb 2015, of which today i have still not received a response.

I am disgusted at the service received from your company after been a client of yours for many years. Initially I thought of going directly to Hello Peter and / or the Ombudsman, but decided to log my complaint with your offices first, should I not receive a response by COB today. I will definitely take this matter further. Your urgent assistance in this matter will be appreciated. I request and demand that your offices reimburse me for payment of the sim and compensate me for the inconvenience caused.

On 21 November i purchased a magnetic charging dock from vodacom store Eastgate. the Dock was used twice and the magnet came off. I took this back to vodacom and have been told on 4 occasions that they do not have stock as they waiting of the supplier and i must come back. In the interim the loose magnet has been lost and now vodacom is holding me accountable for this and not willing to refund me on the purchase. I have recieved nothing but terrible service from Vodacom and am utterly disgusted by their attitude. I will not do any further business with vodacom and will urge everyone i know to stay away from these lousy *******. I could have instead donated My R509.00 to a charitable organisation instead of Vodacom.

I wrote a complaint on Hissing Kitty but did not activate it since I wanted to give Vodacom a chance to respond. However, my complaint appeared on this Website anyway. Much to my happiness, Vodacom Customer Service called me today in response to my emailed complaint direct to them, got the details, have notified the relevant department, have emailed me a reference and direct contact point, they were courteous, empathetic, apologetic, and professional. However, I will give them a 5th Star once the problem is actually resolved.

On the 16th February I went into Vodacom in The Village Mall at Hartbeespoort. I asked the young man representing Vodacom to show me how to check how much I had left on my DataBundles on my iPad. He replied you can't check that info on iPads. To which I replied of course you can, so he figured it out and I saved the link on my homepage. Since I needed to top up my DataBundles, he said I can't do so unless I know the phone number of the Sim Card in my iPad. To which I replied: Surely it's on the link we just pulled up on my iPad???

He topped up the DataBundle, and then I gave him my two other numbers to top up Airtime/Minutes, since when one can't get signal on one phone, the older phone has better signal. I commented that I did not hear both my phones receive airtime, but was rushing. This morning I ran out of minutes on one phone, which was impossible. So I called the Vodacom Shop and they said they were off line and couldn't do anything, but would call me back. The lady who took my call was professional and sympathetic when she called back to say the young man had given me DATA BUNDLES ON BOTH MY PHONES, on top of the Data Bundles for my iPad Sim Card. Really???

NOW PLEASE, help me out here. Why would anyone top up bundles on an iPad and two phones???? I have done this same configuration of top ups in Vodacom Stores in various malls including Cape Town, and NEVER has this happened. The lady obviously asked the young man to call me, who proceeded to tell me I'd asked for Data Bundles for iPad and both phones, which was nonsense!! There was a customer next to me whose details would be in the system after mine, and I have no doubt he would verify the fact that a blunder was made by the young man.

... instead of apologizing he was rude and defensive so I hung up, since APPARENTLY THERE IS NO WAY TO SWITCH FROM BUNDLES TO AIRTIME, even though Vodacom's representative was at fault!!

With a broken toe it was difficult to drive there in the first place, it's messed up my day, and no one seems to care. I expect to be contacted by a mature professional person who can either remedy this situation, or at least realize that further training is required of that particular employee. Who I hope keeps his job nonetheless, since there are enough unemployed people as it is.

Upset about poor service in the accounts department with Vodacom. I've been trying since December 2014 to cancel my phone contract. Till today 17/02/2015 I'm being charged for it, I have phoned the accounts department for help in this matter and the lady that helped me kept on asking me what contracts these are and after I told her numerous of times I don't have the information in front of me she refused to help me. I asked to speak to a manager and she just placed me on hold and didn't bother to get back to me. I am a very unhappy client.

Hi I bought a laptop with vodacom and I only used data in september 2012 then month end of september vodacom deducted R829 including the R229 instalment on my account and I called custome r services,they said Its for the data that I used but I only used data on the 31 august.......I then decided I won't use my sim again even the free data I won't use,I then told the consultant I was speaking to to stop the data usage on my account.....this month I received the statement saying R1023 is going to be deducted on my account at the end of this month..........I have never user my data and modem so I would like to know what that amount for or else m going to stop that debit order as I can't pay for something I didn't use

Dear Sir/Madam,

I went to VodaWorld Midrand a month ago to cancel my one contract as it came to an end. After spending more than an hour, they could not help me and gave me an email address to cancel via mail. I did as informed. I send and cancellation of contract thereafter, I also took the liberty to call them every day to confirm that my email has been received as I get no response what so ever. No luck, you hold on forever! I went to a Vodacom shop in Centurion Mall today, once again they could also not assist me as they also just call the cancelation department and after waiting an hour, they also got nowhere! As a loyal Vodacom client since 1998 with 3 cell phone contracts and one data bundle one expect more service than this. Please can someone at the cancellation department just adhere to this email, I only want a proof of cancellation as I don't want to pay another month on something I don't use, and this is totally understandable. It is sad to have to go this route as I seldom have a problem with Vodacom. Thank you, I am awaiting your positive response. Regards, Marko (Cel phone number of contract to be cancelled - 079 503 5685

I am shocked shocked and even more shocked at the level of service vodacom haS TO offer their clients corporate or not. Trying to establish why why why why your phone has been locked and when when when will it be reconnected after monies had been transferrd immediatley. For at least five days speaking to at least 6 agents per day the wrong information was given, different information was given, you were transferred to other departments and never connected. The only consistency was their awful blaring music in your ear. (HEART ATTACK STUFF) Not to mention the amount of business lost. Not to mention that we were never never never informed of being over our limit.

I visited a vodashop at the eastrand mall,shop telephone number (011)823 3900,salesman - Alicia and cashier - Jacques. I basically went there to buy internet bungles,but the service I got there was very pathertic and very regretable to be a vodacom customer. I will definately escalate my complaint with the shop manager or owner and if no drastic action will be taken, then with so many network companies we now have,I will take my business to the competitors as long l will be treated as a customer.

Your service is the lowest of the low dafter being clients for the past 20 years. AND THIS COMPLAINT WILL GO ABSOLOUTLY NO WHERE.!!!!!!!!!!

Good day,in january 2013 I tried to buy a 100MB of vodacom colour abt R29,00.I dialled neccessary prompt number in order to buy bundle,the feedback massage came as error massage I then re-do again but this time I got "please recharge airtime".I go back and check the bundle because my airtime has been taken,so none has been delieved no airtime and bundle as well.I lodge complain on 6th january 2013 to this day I never got help,the only thing I receive was massage stating"technician are working on your case consultants will contact you soo about the outcomes of your case".really vodacom is big company they should have awarded me my R29 airtime and take their error case and dealt on it's own.so iam still waiting for respond

My name is Dorah Moeketsi I have a top u 315 with vodacom. I had no problems with my contract until for a past two months not receiving sms regarding airtime being loaded on my fone. Then end of August 800 rands was debited on my accont then I phoned to make enqueries then I was informed that I have migrated to to 100. What I remember is I received a call from vodacom a lady called he accent was more like an indian she then told me that I have been a loyal custumer of vodacom and she is offering me a call per second not per minute so that my airtime can last longer I was happy about that.

After a few weeks I received a call again and was offeed a phone I then refused and said to a lady I was happy with my contract and I have two phones one for work and this one for my personal calls. We argued a bit because she was forcing me to take a phone I said to her I wonder how will I carry three phones but if you can be liable for the paymend then I will take your offer.

I called customer care and I was informed that my migration was even done at vodacom shop..when I don't know because for the past three months I have been attending a course and I have proof concerning that. So I asked for contract to be made a was it has been and I was informed to pay 900 rands upfront for something I did not request. I won't forget that ladies last words when she said she has a price for me and it will soon follow bcs I am such a loyal custumer..so I guess this is what she meant. My email address Is lolamoeketsi@gmail.com. My contact no is 0799067600. Regards Ms Moeketsi. I am dissapointed.

Vodacom take 90 days to allocate a payment. I bought a Laptop in October 2009 from Vodacom, and was billed R933.71 (R467.50) more than my signed contract. Vodacom said it was for the data I received immediatly. Now in October 2012 they suspend my phonelines that is paid up to date because my laptop that expired in October 2012 I still owe them money (R467.50) for what??????

I did not signed a installment for R933.71. after I cancelled per letter and faxed it through you still bill me and I am just more in arrears. I contacted you in October 2012 and on my statement for 03/11/2012 the datalaptop amount was R0.00. now you suspend my two lines which is R337.00 as again per your invoice and faxed proof to you and confirmed by Nadua.

Now 90 days later you have not allocated the payment as per Khagetso also one of your consultants that I contacted on the 8th January 2013. Please advice what action I need to take I keep on paying and Vodacom receive proof but do not do their jobs properly - now it is my fault if they do take 90 days to allocate a payments.????

I have a 3G account with Vodacom. I have 3 devices running on the same contract, a computer and 2 i-pads. The internet on my Ipads stopped working on the 24th of March, I lodged a complaint and to this day nobody phones back or assists. I have phoned numerous times and now do not have internet at all.
I find the service shocking and would like to cancel my 3 G contract with Vodacom -I will return the modem and go to MTN for better service I am sure!

David Conroy

When you dont use all your data of your pakage it get transfered to the next month, but then vodacom makes you use your next months package first and then the previous months that has been carried over. So if you dont use your whole package allocated for the month you loose the previous months as well. Is this not robbery and against the consumer protection act?

Today i sent in my blackberry like so many others have at vodaworld due to the fact that it no longer turns on. I am part of a company that has over 12 contracts with vodacom and spends over R10 000 a month with them aswell as having a personal contract which i spend about R800. on arrival to vodacare there was no one to help me and when there was she directed me to someone else.

being a valued customer with vodacom for the last 10 years or so i asked if i may have a loan phone which i was declined as the lady helping me said they all out but i insisted that i recieve one as it is used for work purposes. Finally after insisting for a couple minutes recieving attitude from the lady "helping" she finally said she would give me a loan phone. When i recieved the phone i was disgusted that i recieved a vodaphone 125 which is valued around R50. i cannot send or recieve emals which hampers my day to day business.

i then called in and complained to vodacare where i was assured that a team leader will call me back within minutes to try rectify my situation with more than half the day gone i have recieved to contact from them.

Shocking to see customer service like that

It has been a year now since you vodacom promised to fix thr signal problem in discoovery roodepoort. You say the tower is overloade but yet you still sell contract. When are you fixing this. O wait we are in sa we are a shit service land so why must we work, but yet we will take ur money. I am going to stop paying so we will see where you get ur shit service money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a Blackberry Bold 9900 in July 2012 within a month some of the buttons on the keypad just stopped working , the phone was taken in to vodacom and I was told that should the phone be faulty it will be replaced with a new phone. After a week we received the "new" phone which was actually a refurbished phone someone elses old problems now being passed on to me. Within n month I experienced again the exact same problem. The phone was taken in again and I aksed them for a new phone there response was that they cant give me a new phone the phone has to be sent in again but they will ask for n virgin phone with no history. week later again I received a refurbished phone and now not even 4months after I entered into the contact with vodacom the third phone is doing the exact same. I have not received a quality product, and have the exact same problem now for the third time. So where dos that leave me? send the phone in again only to get another refurbished scrap phone or I should just refer this matter to the consumer council give back the phone and cancel the contract. I dont want to hear that it is blackberry not vodacom. The phone and contract was obtianed from Vodacom thus I want a new in the box phone from vodacom and they can sort out their issues with blackberry if vodacom advertises an inferior product they have to be willing to replace that product after so many problems.

For some time now I have been experiencing poor signal quality at my home in Nelspruit. I have logged a complaint through the Vodacom Customer care centre and have received a reference number. They promised me that a technician would come and measure the signal quality in order to establish what the problem is. when nothing happened after a week I phoned again and was promised that somebody would contact me. Three days later I received a sms which said that I should contact a certain technician who would assist me. I phoned the person who was very adgitated because he said that he had received numerous calls from vodacom customers who were directed to him by the call centre even though he was not even the right person person for the problem - he was only a contractor. He redirected me to somebody else who does not answer his phone.

I have three different contracts with vodacom and can not use one of my devices properly due to the signal quality. I am paying a lot of money for nothing and I am fedup with the situation. If the problem can not be resolved swiftly I would like to cancel my contracts under the CPA.

Vodacom deleted my number that I have been using for the past five years with no absolute reason. My fone just went dead dated 30/01/2012. I foned their useless call centre dated 31/01/2012 to find out what might be the problem. I was told that my number has been accidentally deleted of the network and they will investigate what exactly happend and inform me the next day. A day passed with no call from Vodacom. I then decided to fone the useless call centre again on the third of February 2012 to find out what the problem is as I have waited long and I am expecting very important calls.

I was told my number will be reactivated within 24 hours and I agreed. To my suprise on the 4th February 2012 Vodacom gave away my number to someone else and when I phoned to inform them, they just told me there is nothing they can do as they have already given my number to someone else. This is one terrible experience I will never forget. It is the same as they have taken my life and given it to someone else. One can just imagine that I now have to start afresh from banks etc simply because Vodacom decided to delete me from their network. I mean an error is on their side, I did absolutely nothing wrong and now I have to suffer the consequences.

I have bought a 3g in 2011/2012. Where you get the free data bundles every month for the following 12 months. The Rica was done at the Vodacom shop in Key west, Krugersdort. I have not used the 3g for a while due to prblems with my computer, in December 2012 I purhased a bundle of R99-00 and the 3 G did not want to connect.

I went back to Key west to advise them and was then advised that my number was given to someone else as did not use it. What the hell is this? Why do we then RICA if you are giving my number to someone else? and who is going to refund my money back as no one advised that the number would be taken away when I bought this.

Good day, I've upgraded last year at the Vodashop Melville to a Huawei Ascend touch screen. I had the phone two months and the screen cracked, I took it back the guy told me it is to new to repair. I left with the phone, I went back this year now suddenly they say it is physical damage and is not part of the warranty, why was this not ecplained when I got the phone in the first place? If I knew that the screen is not part of the warranty I would have never upgraded to the touch screen. I spoke to the shop last week Thursday after they said they will phone me (a month after phone was given in), the guy told me he cant help me it will cost over R3000 to replace the phone, when I asked him why it was not explained he said he doesnt know will tel the person who helped me last year phone me Friday. It is almost a week later and up to now no phone call. I need the phone to be replaced or something please.

My mother who has Alzheimers was sold 2 seperate contracts over the phone. She has no work, no income and are at the stage where she needs 24hours care. She is totally dependant on me (daughter) for medicine and care. I'm trying to let everyone know what is going on. Vodacom want her to pay R3056,07 to cancel her contracts. She can not pay this. The numbers that I got are 0796926416 and 0722581203. Can you please help me to cancel the contracts

In December 2012 we took our blackberry in for repairs after waiting two weeks we received our phone and was very happily told that we instead of only repairing our phone received a refurbished phone. On Saturday 30 March 2013 the phone displayed an error message PHONE MM6 which we later discovered meant the phone is black listed, i am certain you can deduce our extreme frustration. By providing us with a refurbished on your own accord it resulted in us being inconvenienced with having to deal with the incompetent and unpleasant staff at Vodacom Menlyn Pretoria. We are still awaiting assistance.

Gentleman/ Madam,
The A rod issue is a living breathing thing. As sport fans we all are all sick of listening to all the noise.
I have a suggestion, how about asking your announcers to talk baseball during the game and let all of us try to enjoy the game without all of the garbage.
Do the pregame and discuss all issues, during the game try to color the game with baseball
Michael Segretto

I did an upgrade from a cell-phone to migration to top-up date where I was promised to get a laptop and a moderm. I took almost a month to receive my laptop after making several follow-ups because no one from vodacom was prepared to update me as to what was happenind. At last I received my laptop without a modern. The same day I received the laptop I noticed that the parcel was opened and quickly checked and found aout that the modern was not there whereas the box where it was supposed to be was empty.

I Imeediately called Sbusiso Dubazane who was the one who phoned me about the upgrade and informed him about the situation. He promised to call me back and same day teh courrier came an collected the plastic in which the moderm was supposed to be. Since then I received no feed back . Today on 18/03/2013 I phoned Sbusiso again and he gave me a number to call (011 766 1201) and when I phoned I was told that they will tell Sbusiso to call me.

I have never seen a service of this nature in my life where I have to run around for services that should have been offered to me because I pay for them. This guys are sending me from pole to pillar. If they were of concern they should have already solved this problem and updated me with what is happening. I'm still waiting for the modern. I want this guys to cancell the contract because they dont care and I have paid the first premium even though I didnt have the laptop and the modern, they continue to depit the premium. This month again they are going to depit my account whereas I dont even have the modern and havent used it since the upgrade. I want the contract to be concelled and I will return the laptop because there is no value for money. I dont even think that in future I will ever have dealings with vodacom.

This guys are unprofessional because I m the one who must always follow up and they dont even vare to phone and update me. Please advice as to how to go about cancelling the contract as I'm withn my rights to concern the contrate becuase I have been given a row deal here and Im prepared to take this matter foward as I believe I have been wronged here.

I would like to complain about how bad it feels to be a customer of Vodacom. I have 2 contract with them and since the last contract of almost 4 years I've only had problems. The first problem is they can't seem to change my contract properly from my fathers details to mine. So the contract I've been using is in my name,but with a 3rd parties ID. Which i later relised is a man living in Springs. This said, the 2nd contract we have is in my name but my fathers ID number. And for as long as 2 years I.

Have moved 2 times and my invoice still shows my old adres. So in total we have 3 complaints. And then just to top it off, this other 3rd party has a data contract also by Vodacom but we have to pay for it. But wait....the last time we didn't they cut off our oother 2 contract which is paid in full....so because Vodacom can't fix what they did wrong....we have to pay some one else's bill....and of all the orders we gave them....which one did they do.....they switched the debit order correctly just to get their money....so it doesn't matter if we are not satisfied....as long as they get dubbeld what they should....its ok?????

I have been trying to cancel my upgrade and everytime they give me a number 0821950 and 0821959 and there is no way the help you must stay on the line and wait and wait I waited 28min on my phone everytime and when you get hold of them they CUT of the line what must I do if I go into vodacom shop they tell me I must cancel it myself and then I can upgrade in shop. Why do they let me upgrade over the internet and waited for 2weeks now! What must I do I can't wait forever!

I visited Vodashop Ghandi Square on the 28th of October to apply for an advertised promotion of the Samsung Galaxy Tablet p1000. My details were taken and forms completed, a credit check was done and i was advised that my application was approved and i should be receiving my phone in 3 days time. A week passed and i had not heard anything regarding my phone, upon following up i was advised that due to the ongoing Truck strike, my phone would be delayed. I continued checking weekly and on all occasions the truck strike was cited as a reason for the delay of my phone. I have today again followed up and i am being advised that the promotion was discontinued and i will no longer be getting my phone. I would like to understand how a promotion is widely advertised and sold to people only for it to be discontinued without proper advice to those clients it was snet to and without offering an alternative.

On Tuesday the 12th Dec I purchased a miro sim from Vodacom Customer Care at Greenacres. After about 1 hour i was told its sorted and i shud wait a couple hours for my sim to be activated. This occurred at about 16h00. At about 10pm I tried my fone & found that it wsnt working, called 111 & was told it is pending and that it can take up to 24hrs. So i waited all of 13th still with no activation. Today the 14th, 36 hours later i called 111 agen.

The lady told me that the system shows its closed so the sim shud work, i shud remove it from my iphone &reinserted it. I did this and it didnt work. I called back. the nex lady told me that i shud call activations at 0821945. I called activations and the nex lady took my sim details and while waitin 4 a couple of minutes i got cut off! So i called back, nex lady told me they dnt deal with it i shud contact the centre i bought the sim from!!!!At this stage i lost my cool..this lady put me on hold while she supposedly contacted the centre in PE.

Unsurprisingly i got cut off again! I have in total wasted 2 hrs of my life with vodacom & have received increased blood pressure, lost a R20 for the sim as it seems this thing will neva b activated!!

I would like to complain about Vodacoms Blackberry Data service Coverage. I purchased the month to month Data bundle and its valid for the a full 30 days, however (and heres the catch)...I am unable to use the data bundles if I do not have Data service coverage in my area. I phoned customer care 5 / 6 times over the past 4 days and I get the same story, " try checking your blackberry registration" , "Wait a few hours", "Wait 24 Hours", "Wait an entire weekend" and the latest one "reset your date and time"...Tried every option available...My data coverage worked just fine until 4 days ago...

In other words I pay for a service I cannot access...What a ripoff!!!

Call centre bad service. I am very appalled and still disgusted when I think of the service I received yesterday at your so called 'customer care line' I went at a voda shop to enquire what I would need to do a swim swap and the lady told me they were out of cards that they would use for that but I could buy a sim card and do it from home she requested my I'd and proof of address saying she would have to rica it first lucky I had all the requirements in my bag so as soon as I got home I got on to the phone and called the customer care.

Where a very rude girl who was speaking in Sotho said I must confirm some questions she then requested a number at the back of the sim pack that I bought which I did and then said unfortunately she will not be able to process cause I was reading out a wrong number and to my surprise as I was with my brother while doing so it didn't make sense and as I could already see that we would not get to a conclusion then asked for the manager whom she said was not in and then she started laughing at the back ground I am sending this as I have never been given such behaviour as a valued customer to Vodacom.

She didn't even have the decency to apologise and just kept quiet until a man answered and explained which I was less interested in as I have already been mistreated by your call centre agent! Today I went back to the branch and the lady assisted me confirming that clearly that person didn't want to assist and the information she gave me is incorrect because she would have not been able to rica the sim card at the store if it was wrong initially I hope I won't experience this service ever as I simply pay for the service and as far as my money is concerned I expect good service delivery!

I fullfilled my contract , ie the cell is is now fully paid for by November 2012 ( about ) and was only able to renew the contract this month ( February ) I discovered on the Talk 500 contract that should you have your own phone or choose not to take a new unit you enjoy a discount of some R 230 / MONTH AND YET VODACOM continued to Bill me the Full AS IF I WAS USING THEIR EQUIPMENT -- this is my second e mail to them with out a response

no wonder they show these Huge profits , which if my complaint is anything to go by , totally underhanded

yours sincerely
b lind

I received an sms from Vodacom about the downloading of a Vodacom app. It was dispatched at 0:39 on 19 Feb 2013. Why at this time of day when I am sleeping. I strongly object to receiving any form of information in such early hours of the morning. Whats wrong with normal office hours? I have a pre=paid contract with Vodacom.

I saw on TV that you advertised a "trade-in" for the Samsung SII for an Samsung S4. I got up nice and early in order to be the first customer there, only to be told that certain terms and conditions apply - which was not mentioned on the TV advert. I think this is false advertising and Vodacom should be penalised for this.

Since my first cell phone I have been using Vodacom as a service provider and I have never been so disappointed in your service, there is a few problems on my account and I keep on phoning and trying to sort the problem ssince its not my mistake but vodacoms, but every consultant I speak to keeps on telling me that they will look into the matter and phone me back before the end of the day, but no one ever does...

one of your consultants was so rude that she even put down the phone in my ear while I was talking to her and explaining the problem,after she threatened me with handing over the problem to the "criminal department"...

Why must I be treated like this. But let me start from the beginning. A few years back I had 3 accounts with vodacom because of the fact that I had a business, unfortunately the business closed down and on 11 June 2010 I got premature contract cancellation quotes from vodacom so that I could pay all the accounts up to date and close them...like I did,afterwards I faxed the proof of payment with the signed copy of the quote and a copy of my ID to the cancellation department, and I never heard anything of this again.

Last year I took out 2 new contracts for me and my wife, seeing that I started a new job. I wrote down the correct banking details on the contract and was under the impression that the debit order was going off each month as it was suppose to, but the end of January 2012 I received a phone call from vodacom saying that my account is in arrears and that the debit order kept on being returned because of the account being closed

I could not understand this because I am using this account and its not possible, then the consultant brought it under my attention that vodacom has been deducting the money from the businesses bank account, the one that is no longer active because of the business closing down, and that there is currently 5 accounts open in my name, please tell me who's fault it is that vodacom deducted money from a wrong account since I wrote the right banking details in the contract.

I then asked them about the accounts that was never closed as I paid them and cancelled them in 2010 and I have the proof,the lady I spoke to is Shelly, she assured me that they would fix the problem and close the accounts on which they closed 2 accounts but the 3rd account was only closed 23 FEB 2012 and now vodacom wants me to pay all outstanding amounts on this account even though I cancelled this contract in 2010 how is this possible,

it was vodacom that made the mistake,but no one can help me with this matter, without permission they just keep on deducting the amount from my bank account and I have to go to the bank and ask them to reverse this, because no one can help me in sorting this matter.now I spoke to a consultant again today and asked him for the outstanding balance on the 2 accounts that I took out last year on which he replied that he can unfortunately not give me those amounts...

Please I want to pay my account but only after the problem has been solved and someone can help me, because like I say everyone I speak to keeps on saying they will phone me back or get a manager to phone me but no one does... What is going on with vodacom I have never experienced this type of poor service from vodacom... Please.

I purchased THE COLOR YOUR FRIENDS services on 05/02/2013 and the R29 was deducted however no 100mb and 100 smses were credited into my account. I logged a request and until today nothing has been done. On 20/02/2013, I received a sms from Etienne Smit stating that the problem has been resolved and that the bundles should be credited into my account within 48 hours. This was however not the case and when I tried following up I found that my number had been blocked until 02/03/2013. I do not see why it should be blocked and why is there a limit because if the case was handled honestlt and efficiently, there wasn't going to be a need to keep on following up. I am really dissappointed in the service I have received from Vodacom and truama I have been caused. I shall never trust in your company any longer and shall spread the word.

After having been a good customer for Vodacom in many years, this is my reward. I phoned the 111 number today(05/12/2012) in order to enquire why was my cellphone line suspended as I paid last weekend. Some xhosa lady called Fezi/Fuzi was very arrogant and send me from pillar to post instead of properly helping me. She ended up dropping the phone on me without having provided me with the help that i requested. This was around 8:00 AM.

I then phoned the number again and a gentleman by the name of Sibusiso was very helpful as he was able to help me within the shortest possible time without dragging me around. This happened around 8:10 AM. I will really appreciate it if matter can be attended to by Vodacom before I consider cancelling my account with them and share this experience with my friends, colleagues, relatives, comrades,etc.

I have a 2 gig internet contract with vodacom for 2 years now.In the beginning i was very pleased with their product. Since the end of 2012 the internet got slower and slower. At the moment it is a great irritation as it became very slow, as to the point where you battle to go into certain websites like online banking,yahoo etc. I have since upgraded to a 3 gig contract. This is really not funny anymore and something has to be done to correct this.

I upgraded my phone on 2012/09/09, I wanted a phone that can do emails and I received a Nokia 500, after a week it started giving problems and I took it in to Vodacom Blue Route Mall, they then send it in for repairs, when It returned from repairs it was still not fixed so it was send in again, when I received it the thrid time it worked for two week and it started given problems again so it was send in again, I received the phone back today and they said it was a new phone because the previous one could not be fixed, when I inserted my sim card it still do not work so it must go in again and apperently it can take up to six weeks to get it back. I need a phone that can check and send emails for work purposes and according to me this is a breach of contract and I would rather cancel my contract with Vodacom than to carry on with something that does not work!

I recently submitted my blackberry for repairs. After all documentation was taken care of and i left the premises of vodacare, which might i add was not the the easiest locations to find and travel too, 2 hrs later within the comfortabality of my home i received a sms from Marco Fourie a repairs consultant that i completed the terms and conditions of the repairs by asking me to resubmit my ID document via email or travelling again to the branch. According to him he misplaced and somehow lost my copy of my ID document.

On a further note i recently received a sms stating that my phone is beyond economical repair. After numerous attempts to call to enquire the way forward given that i have insurance on my blacberry the consultants aswell as Marco Fourie has placed me on hold and i lost up to 60 min just by being placed on hold. However so far my query still has not been addressed. I dont know what is happening over there or if this is forms part of vodacoms policy to instill a sense of unhappiness in thier customers. I cant even begin to express my disappointment in the level of service i received. Please supply me with advice?

Well, where do I start. Right, let me start by saying just how wrong I was by thinking that Vodacom is the one of the best cellular network in South Africa, so you can imagine my delight when I applied for a contract and it was approved! Great! Little did I know. You can choose any fone you want mam, the lady told me and so I ordered the Lumia 920 and an Hp laptop with a modem. Ok, let me get to d point; that was 3 weeks ago!! Today, again was the day I was waiting for my stuff to be delivered, nothing. I call Vodacom again, for what's like the hundreth time in 3 weeks, not forgetting the irritation of having to be put on hold for what seems like forever! The lady I talk to today tells me I should call REM, the deliver company, I call. REM and they say Vodacom hasn't sent the stuff through to them for delivery and I must contact Vodacom, geez, that's exactly what I do, feeling that I'm totally at my wits end. Upon calling vodacom again (and holding), I'm told there order hasn't been released yet, I've heard that one before I tell them, and I finally do myself a favour and cancel the whole damn thing. Look, I'm so disappointed at the 'service' I received from you Vodacom, I seriously never thought I'd struggle like this and spend hours utilising my landline at work calling you, while you only bothered to only return my calls only about 3 times, always with false promises! But then again, it seems our complaints are just falling on deaf ears. Are they?

I purchased a contract with Vodacom Century City for a sim card for an ipad mini. I asked them to confirm that I was getting the correct sim card, the second sales person confirmed it. I got home to find that it was too big, contacted the store and was asked to come in the next day for a sim swop which I did. Four hours later it still had no service, I contacted customer care but they were unable to resolve the problem.

I contacted the store, left a message but no-one called back. I contacted them after an hour and they said that they would sort it out. Two hours later I phoned again as I still had no service. I was on hold for 15 minutes, and thats after they cut me off twice and I had to call back for a third time. I am now still waiting for some one to contact me, to inform me as to what the hell is going on. I am speachless at how a company like this treats its clients, clearly we should move all our contracts to a company that looks after its clients.

Apart from the whole identity theft issue and the whole way it has been handled, I had gone into your Fourways Vodashop to upgrade my account and to “fix” my 3G (not knowing it had been fraudulently upgraded). I notified Vodacom on the phone and at your store with Kai that I no longer wanted to upgrade with Vodacom given the circumstances. I even called Vodacom to make sure a Talk 1000 was no longer going to be actioned. I am not going to call them again – I don’t have the time to repeat myself. I told Vodacom on the phone that I wanted all contracts cancelled. They told me my Talk 500 contract would end in March 2013, and I said I would cancel then as I didn’t want to pay the cancellation fees. I will be using the number portability option to another supplier. I am NOT going to be upgrading to a talk 1000 with Vodacom – this was clearly verbalised and Vodacom can check their recorded conversations on the phone.

After all of this, I have now received and sms this morning from Vodacom stating “Your migration to Talk 1000 call per second package has been completed successfully”. As per the consumer protection act – “Exercise your new rights under FACTA to review your credit record and report fraudulent activity”. Vodacom has not helped me with this and I no longer want to conduct business with them. I’m sure you understand.

Also – according to the consumer protection act, and given that my request for the Talk 1000 which was supposed to kick on on the 1st December was cancelled within 48 hours of the request on the phone to Vodacom and at your Vodashop when I was there, I want this to be treated with care. Again, I don’t want to be a client of Vodacom anymore (as of March 2013 as per my current contractual obligation). I have not received the service I believe I deserve after 15 years with your holding organisation.

My father has a contract with you that was done over the phone. The one is for R135p.m and the other is for R107. We had the phone for +-6 months when we got a call from vodacom that stated the contract includes a laptop and internet, my father said he did not want it because he is a pensioner and can't afford it but the the guy told my father that it was free and you only pay for the internet when you activate it. The first month we did not pay for the laptop or internet but when the second invoice came we had to pay R120 for the laptop and R249 for the internet (wich was activated without our permission or knowledge). We have been through the hole vodacom help centers witch is not so helpfull because according to one of your own workers its a scam that vodacom does and they only target old people. I don't want to hear its not your problem and that its another company, your logo is on the invoice we get every month. I am really sick and tired of this and i want this sorted out ASAP. If i dont get a responce i will go to a laywer and see what i can do to fix this. I dont want numbers to phone because i only waste my time you never give a service only another number, its your problem and i think you should fix it that is what CUSTOMER SERVICE is right? Can i please get a responce before the end of the week(friday).

i applied for an samsung tablet 10.1 two and a half weeks ago. the consultant in Promenade Mitchells Palin Tamlyn said that it would be there at the store within one week. nobody phoned to say after a week its not there. i had to phone them to find nothing has been delivered yet. they then said they will phone me when it arrives and it has been two weeks and nobody has contacted me yet. i phoned again and left a message for the manager to phone me back as i left the complaint to say nobody is keeping me updated on how far the the process is regarding the Tablet. i decided to go to the store and requested to speak to the manager. she said that she never received a complaint from her consultant tamsyn. My problem is that the manager does not follow through on her complaints received. she should check on a daily basis what complaints there is as to me she is not doing her job properly but just sitting there and doing nothing. i am still waiting for them to phone me but no repsonse and no Tablet.
they are unprofessional and no client service.

Contract never canceled and 3 phone calls to cancel my contract - have been ignored. My cancelation email has been ignored. I have been taken to ITC illegaly and now I must pay the price because of their GROSS NEGLIGENCE
You owe me big time, Vodacom, for this as you have breached the terms and conditions of your own contract AND of the law of south africa.

Good day. Please let me know why I should keep on paying my contract every month if I can't use my phone. If someone tries to phone me the call goes straight to voicemail and the same if I want to make a call, or it shows on the screen "network busy" or congestion and the signal stays on sos most of the time.

What am I suppose to do if I get in an accident or someone needs my help or there is a real emergency and my network is off, who is to blame if something like that happens? This is not fair to let the customer pay for something that he or she can't use.

I have closed my vodacom account in 2009. In 2010 I found out that vodacom have blacklisted me without informing my by any statements of an outstanding account or telephone calls! I went into a vodacom dealer shop to find out what was going on and they informed me that I have a outstanding balance of R1200 with vodacom. I have paid the amount to clear my name. Now in 2012- 2 YEARS later!!!!!!! Vadocom legal department phoned me to tell me that I have an outstanding acount of R1800 from 2009??? I told them that I have setteled my vodacom account in 2010 but they seem to have no record of it and I have been blacklistsed again!! They can't even send me an email with statements and I think that its totally unacceptable!!!!!

Last Friday I applied for a contract phone and got approved. Tuesday I phoned to check my delivery and the operator told me it'll be ready for delivery on Friday. I told them to deliver the phone at my work but its 14:30 already and I still don't have a phone. I'm going to spend a lot on the contract but at least if I'm told I'll get it on Friday then i don't want to wait for the damn thing. So if I don't get it by 10:00 on Monday I'm going to cancel because its not nice what you are doing.

To Whom It May Concern: I am really unsatisfied and frustrated about the service I have been receiving from the Vodacom repair centre at the Centurion Lake repair centre in Centurion, Pretoria. I took my phone if for repairs the first time, as it has been giving me problems. I had to stand in the long queue and explain to the lady what was wrong. They did not send me a sms to come and collect the phone, I eventually went to the branch and received the phone. I had to wait as Vodacom did not send my battery with, that they booked in.

The next day the phone was giving me the exact same problems, I went back a second time and had to stand in the queue again and explain to them the situation with the phone. They said they will send it to head office, which they did not. They did not send me a sms to say I must come and collect the phone. I eventually went again to ask what’s happing with the phone. The lady could not track my phone on their system as the previous person did not even book the phone in on the system.

The lady had to phone the technician to ask if he knew about the phone. I had to wait a long time for them to find the phone. When they got the phone they said it had been fixed, and will receive sms now, I asked about the rest of the problems and she said “What problem” I explained again and she said there’s nothing wrong with the phone, Like I am making everything up that is wrong with the phone. I felt like she said that I was lying about the problems with the phone.

She said I must take out the memory card and see what happens. So I did and it was still giving me the same problems. I went back today a third time and are SO frustrated about the service, I had to explain everything and fill in the forms again. And I had to hear the same story again, that they will be sending the phone to head office. How many times do I have to do this to get the phone fixed? It is service like this that makes me want to go to another network. It is unacceptable. New Job number received for the repair of the phone: 8302689-52101198.

About 2weeks ago i saw a Laptop and cellphone deal of R199 per month in one of Vodacoms booklets which looked very attractive. the advert shows all the xtra stuff that one gets with the deal and that thers a once-off Sim and connection fee payable which i was well aware of and more then willing to pay. I went into the Vodashop in Stellenbosch to enquire about this deal and as advertised the guy repeated it to me. When i went to sign the deal, i was told to sign a page of an xtra R230 inisiation fee that will be deducted from my account within 48hours after signing the contract.

Seeing that this was a gift to someone close to me i decided to sign the contract bt with the intention of placing a complaint of charges thats not advertised.I feel this is totally wrong of Vodacom to charge fees thats not stated in the advertisement and the salesperson did not tell me about this before i even orderd the laptop.

For several years we have been complaining about the poor signal in our area GPS 25°47.756 E 028°27.298. If i could just get past the faceless system and email a real person then i could send them 25 vodacom subscribers numbers with the same complaint in this area. The customer care line is a joke, when you have finished listening to their excuses and you press 2 for the poor quality the voice recording says can't understand your selection. The truth is they don’t want to listen to complaints they just want to sell airtime and contracts. Perhaps under the new consumer act we can take them in as a group of 25 consumers ?

PS. if Mr Vodacom is listening do a Earth Google search on the name to find us

In August 2012, I went in to the Vodacom store to request that my the internet usage is capped once I reach my monthly limit as I had been billed far more than the R.149 that was agreed to on my contract. The lady at the store informed me that she had made a note on my account and that my request would be granted going forward and so it was, as I paid just R.149 in Sep, Oct & Nov.
However, on the 10th of Jan 2013, I could not connect to the internet, upon calling Vodacom, I learnt that Vodacom has put a stop on my account due to me having exceeded my limit for Dec and my bill now stands at a staggering R.3000.
I would like to know how come, the cap placed on my account did not kick in once I had exceeded my limit so that I wouldn’t have been charged such an exorbitant amount and secondly, why is it that a stop was placed on my account 10 days after I was billed for the month of December??? Had Vodacom been more efficient in processing my request for my internet usage to be capped, surely I would not be in this position where I have to pay a ridiculous bill with money which I do not have.
This is yet another clear indication of just how useless and appalling Vodacom really is. They clearly do not have their customers interests at heart and try to make money off customers any which way they can.

We have received two bills that state we have used R851 and R1144 for data usage on a blackberry. When I know for a fact that its not possible. We use the office computer to open email attachments or to download as the bold 9900 is the worst blackberry and it is not worth your while to even try. Also we are on our 2nd refurbished model already. There is 3 phones on one contract and for over 3 years our whole account has never been higher than perhaps 1800 or so, but average between 1200 and 1500. And now we have 851 and 1144 just for data usage. We don't do anything different? Vodacom simply says its data usage. They don't respond to complaints on hello peter, and I've tried radio 702 now.

If this is not resolved in an acceptable manner, I will go to MTN and I will go to court over this. As I refuse to be ripped off. I KNOW we don't use that amount of data, not even on the 3g! And Vodacom owes me an explanation as to where and how this much data ended up on my account. I will demand that the account is split so that only Colin is on contract and we go on pay as you go. Or we all go over to MTN. I've had it with the poor service from Vodacom after we've been loyal customers from the very beginning. We've never paid late and even pay more. The number in question for the 2 previous billing months is 072 674 2244. I'm sure if you go back in history you will find that this must be a mistake.

For the last 2 weeks we have had problems with making calls from our vodacom number cell phones, get "call failed" sometimes 4-5x after each other to just try call a number( landlines, other networks), when through the signal breaks up continually and drops calls frequently! I called someone the other day 8x to try finish a phone call conversation! Had alarms going off at neighbors house today and couldn't even get a call out to them! Tried 5x and it just says call failed! what if I had an emergency??!!
It's not other networks we call that drop - if I call a landline it dies/ cuts the same. Vodacom- WHAT is going on???? This makes us want to migrate to MTN!! SO frustrating!!!

I use vodacom modem to access the internet, now because to use the modem to get on the internet we have to purchase bundles with our airtime money,but as soon after i've just bought the bundle i need and try to access the internet the server would say that i have ran out of money to use the internet, knowing very well that i've just bought my internet bundle and have never used it, i want to know why are they saying i don't have sufficiant funds to access the internet? Hai! Man please do something about this problem, just the other day i had a problem with the network.

The Vodacom call centre service is abominable! If I have to speak to one more incompetent, impatient person unable to converse cohesively in English, I will actually blow my top. No matter what you do or how nice you try to be, these call centre agents just read their awful scripts and parrot away unempathetically - and every single time you have to start your story again, as no one takes responsiblity for solving any problems! Uncouth, unmannered, and absolutely UNTRAINED in form of customer service or basic communication skills.

I suggest you conduct a training needs analysis based on the numerous complaints you receive and do something about it. Good grief I'll even help you do it.

Vodacom phoned me with the Apple ipad deal, I accepted the New Apple ipad with 500 mb on contract, I received the sim in a few days, after 13 working days I received no ipad yet, I phoned about 10 times and they told me that it was cancelled, I did not phone in and cancel my ipad, why it was canceled nobody can tell me, Can you please help me so that I can receive the ipad I would really like to get it, the contract was approved as well. Please contact me!

I entered into a new contract with voda com via Am way. that app. was approved in no time. the phone was delivered as promised but now I'm unable to activate the line. Dail 0821950 and you end up listening to music with an android interjecting a comment about being transferred to a operator that does not exist as this never happens. End the call and dail 114. Quickly you speak to a faceless individual named Lisa or Michelle that transfers the call to the activations department. which dept. does not exsits or doesn't know how the system works as you end up listening to the same music as before with the same android that makes useless comments as nothing ever happens. WHAT TO DO ?? Please advise!!

Regards
Noel Viljoen

I was offered a new contract by Vodacom. One of their sales consultants contacted me to offer this to me with a saving every month. When I received my account it was not as that which was offered to me. I phoned 111 only to be told to phone 0821950. Held on for 22 minutes to try and speak to a sales consultant but had to end the call. I can't possibly hold on for longer. Why does Vodacom not have a call back service? When and how must this issue be resolved when nobody answers the call centre or take your calls?

I have upgraded my cel phone just befor Chrismas last year 2012, and went on holiday, the phone battery does not even last 4 hours after it has been fully charged, so we took it back to where we did the up-grade (Carneval mall(Dealer ID19265) on the 28/12/2012, either to replace the battery or to issue a new phone, up to now the 17 January 2013 we still have not received anything not even a phone call, I feel that i need to either end this contract or refuse to pay for the service lost up to now or even take it further and go to the newspapers about the bad service that Vodacom is giving eventhough I have been with you for many years already, please I need feedback befor the end of the 18 January 2013.

Best regards
Os

Have feedback for Vodacom?