PETCO Customer Service

Contact PETCO Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-877-738-6742

Call the PETCO customer service hotline at 1-877-738-6742. You can use PETCO's Live Chat for customer service needs here. They have a company help page at www.Petco.com/help.  The company's customer service team is also on social media. So, if you do not get a response by phone or chat you can attempt to connect with them on Twitter or on their Facebook page.

Founded in 1965, PETCO (Pet Animal Supplies, Inc.) has grown to over 1400 locations across North America.  The major pet retailer has their corporate headquarters in San Diego, California and corporate offices in San Antonio, Texas. The privately held retailer is owned by CYC Capital Partners and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.

Common problems reported by consumers include poor customer service, rude employees, poor treatment of animals, unhealthy fish, and grooming issues. If you have experienced anything close to these comments, please let us know immediately.

PETCO Contact Information

• PETCO headquarters address

• 9125 Rehco Road
    • San Diego
    • CA 92121

1-877-738-6742

Browse reviews of other Pet Care

Top PETCO Complaints

On September 21, 2017, we took our Labradoodle to Petco for grooming - Store #596, 1000 West Valley Parkway, in Escondido, CA. The store was beginning a remodel. About 2-3 weeks after grooming, our dog started feeling ill and bleeding from his urinary tract. We took him to the vet. He was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and an anal gland abscess. After $1,000 vet bill, he got slightly better with antibiotics, then felt ill again, bled more from his penis. Back to the vet to learn he suffered from an abscess in his prostrate this time. After another nearly $2,000 vet bill, we are headed back Tuesday for another ultrasound, and another $1,000 vet bill. The vet thinks that the bacterial infection was caused by poor hygiene and cleaning methods employed by Petco during grooming. The bacterial infection was spawned by dirty bath water shared by another dog, after our dog's anal glands were expressed then dipped in the tub for bathing. Petco is responsible for our dog's illness.

Twice the Grooming Manager at the Dickson, TN store has groomed my dog. The first time it looked like a child did it. I had to use my clippers to do it myself after paying $70+ to have it done professionally. Friday 12-1 she groomed him again. His ears were still oily from ear drops I had given him, his paws were still dirty. I couldn't tell his face had been trimmed,ears, belly, legs and paws/ pads had not been touched. I pad $75 for nothing. What happened to the groomers that we're there???? I have taken my dog there for grooming since the Dickson store opened. I won't be back!

I bought a kennel that was worth $160 because I needed one that day. I bought another online at petco for a cheaper price to return the $160 later. I went 1 day after the 60 day policy. ONE DAY. I’m a masters student working on my thesis and 2 different jobs. I did not have time to go. Aaron a worker at petco said your return policy was 30 days. Aaron obviously doesn’t know the policy or needs to be retrained. Additionally, the fact that it was one day i was late and I still bought another kennel from your company is completely rude and terrible customer service.

We have been taking our dogs to Petco for grooming for the past several years. I called on a Tuesday evening, 9/5/2017, to make an apt, a gentleman took my name as he said the grooming closed at 6, although the store dn close till 9 pm. the next day a lady called from the grooming salon. she was rude from the outset. she indicated that she needed to let me know that to take my dogs there, it was going to be $15 more per dog because I had been undercharged. I told her we'd been paying the same amount for years. she stated well, then, I'd been getting a real good deal and this was district wide, that they had been undercharging. I told her I'd like to see written proof of this change when I came in, but that it was fine I still needed the dogs groomed. she then told me that I wasn't going to get "Jennifer" either, and she could see from our grooming records that's who usually groomed our dogs, and that I could just take the dogs to bloomingpaws salon or vet clinic as that is where Jennifer went. I told her first, I dk who Jennifer was, that we were not in the habit of asking for any particular groomer, and that secondly, I did not think petco would appreciate her referring her business down the line. I told her she sounded a lot like the person in grooming who had spoken to my stepdaughter recently, quite rudely, and had told her she could not be employed at petco in Bloomington bc she didn't live in Monroe county, Indiana. I told her had there been an ability to sue petco for that discrimination, I would have advised my staff daughter to do so, but that it was not a protected discriminatory basis. she then told me that she did not feel comfortable grooming my dogs and hung up the phone on me.
I called back and spoke with the manager, mark, who said he would look into it and call me back. he did not return the call. I explained to him one of my dogs came from a rescue and that I did not want to disrupt where he was groomed. I told him that even though my stepdaughter was now a groomer, I did not want to disrupt him or upset him by taking him to a different location. I stated, however, I did not want this lady, who's name was Tasha, grooming my dogs. I provided my daytime number, which has voicemail, but I have no missed calls or voicemails from Petco.
This treatment of your customers is very astonishing. Your grooming staff member called me with a clear intention, for reasons unknown, not to groom our dogs. Your manager allowed this treatment and failed to respond after indicating he would do so. He stated two groomers had quit and they were shorthanded. I think you have some serious management and customer service deficiencies in this store that need attention. My dogs have been there for grooming I would say for at least five years and we have not had any issues beyond minor scheduling things. Again, treatment of me by your staff manager was astonishing, and being told to take my dogs to another grooming salon by name was simply incredible.

Thank you.

v/r,

Rita Baldwin Priddy
2406 N. Warren Road
Bloomfield IN 47424
812-350-1459-mobile
812-854-6901 daytime number

On 12/9/16 I went to your Hillsboro Oregon store to buy chicken halo can dog food. They only had 2 cans. One looked old so I looked at the date. It was 1 1/2 years past date. Took it to the manager and she gave sob story and she was tearing part of the label off. Today 12/10/16 I went back to she if they had more. Only one can was there and it was the old can from last night. I took to manager and told her I gave it to a manager last night and I just found it on the shelf. I told her that I was taking pictures of this can and will be contacting someone. They know me well but will not be buying food at your store any longer.

I am filing this complaint because of what was just witnessed in the Wheeling petco in wheeling West Virginia. I was just recently in the store browsing around the store when i realized that there was a hamster that was in very bad condition. His eyes clogged shut with puss and his foot was swollen and he was clearly walking with a limp. I am very disappointed by the lack and care for the animal. He was in desperate need for help that the store refused to give him.

I signed up for their rewards program in 2015, a part of that program is listed pets get an email for their birthdays. This email usually includes free treats and a percentage off any purchases made within a certain amount of time. I signed up in June. The rules state that any pet listed within 6 weeks will get their reward. Not so.

The first year, Bacardi was skipped, so was Junior. That's what got my attention, Junior and Princess ARE SIBLINGS!!!!! So, obviously they should both get a reward at the same time. Only Princess did. I complained to customer service via email. It took about a month of back and forth emails, but I finally got some kind of reward for the pets that were skipped. Come December and Stupid got his reward. So I thought, ok, it's fixed.

Enter 2016. I went to Petco on my Birthday in July and remembered about the rewards program. I realized that both Baby Cat and Piko had birthdays, yet, no reward. It took me 2 chats and about 6 emails to get any kind of solution. Supposedly the last person I emailed sent my issue to their tech team and it was going to be corrected. Bacardi got her rewards. Now it's October and guess what? This year Junior got his rewards but Princess did not.

This program is Petco's creation, not mine. I am not being greedy, Hawaii is very expensive and so is Petco. They created this program, they need to honor it or discontinue it. They need to do what they promise. If they are going to try and be sneaky and shaft pets here and there to save money they need to be a little smarter and not ignore 1 sibling, that makes it obvious.

I had the email address of the person I was dealing with last time. His name is John L., supposedly he is the Customer Relations Coordinator. So I emailed him thinking he would be aware of my situation and know what to do. He ignored me once, he ignored me twice. It has been 2 weeks since I contacted him. My job requires that I respond to every email within 24 business hours, and I don't even deal with customers. Guess Petco doesn't give a $@#% about their customers.

I am thinking about sending a letter to their corporate offices, but from what I read it won't do any good. Guess I will just stop shopping there. My dog loves to go inside the store and walk around, but that doesn't mean I have to buy anything. Good thing we now have a Pet Smart in Hawaii....they are about to get LOTS of business!

I am absolutely disgusted by Petco in Muncy and the way they house, treat and care for their animals. They never used to be this way as far as I can remember. Yesterday during my visit I saw a very sad, matted, and malnourished and neglected female chinchilla hiding in the back of its hut. It was the only one in there, tuffs of hair sticking out of its fur all over, no dust bath visible which is essential for their health, and it was evident it wasn't receiving dust baths due to the condition its fur was in.

Not to mention chinchillas like to climb, need plenty of space to jump around and ledges to sit on and wood to chew. That chinchilla had nothing, surrounded by glass with little holes on top of the cage. It didn't even budge nor really even open its eyes when I made the sounds that chinchillas normally respond to. They wanted $199 for her no less and in that condition!? Ridiculous! Now on to the birds, they were in the worst condition of all. They continue to hang at the top little screens of their small enclosures begging to be let out. Screeching for help. One bird was so scared and so stressed from being in that tiny little cage that she was picking the front of herself (breast ) so bad she was bleeding and she had pink diarrhea like splatter all over the cage walls. She was tattered and looked withered away to nothing, barely any feathers left on her body.

The ferrets and hamsters weren't as bad, but the crabs were killing each other and the fish were crammed together. .some alive swimming with the dead ones.. not even bothering to remove the dead ones for the sake of the little kids coming to look, and its not good for business. I walked out of there nearly in tears. And those poor birds, 700-800 dollars a piece. I know no one will adopt any time soon so they are stuck. They don't even have proper enclosures for these animals. It is absolutely sickening. I am officially boycotting Petco and they will not receive my business again.

I purchased a can of their new food, Whole hearted, and noticed it says on the label Made in the US with globally sourced ingredients. So I first tried a chat and the rep said she couldn't find the info. I then called and the rep (whom I could tell as with the live chat rep was in another country) and told her I didn't think she could access the info as the live chat rep couldn't. She must have felt challenged and found a some info for me. The lamb is from New Zealand (ok by me), other ingredients are from US and Canada (ok) and as she's reading I hear the alarming Choline and some other minerals are from China.

I hope to save other dog owners from using this food on their pets as I don't do Facebook I am trying to alert others. I hope this helps other pet owners from poisoning their dogs. I did contact Dog Food Advisor as they give it 4 stars and hope now that they are aware will change their rating. It should be interesting to see if they do. I know this site relies on the manufacturers for their ingredient reviews but now that I have alerted them I will be checking back in a month to see if they change.

I went to get cat litter and wet food. I had a coupon for the wet food. I pulled my cart to the side to see if I had a coupon to load onto my card. The cashier (Dan) walked up. I said politely, "I'm not ready yet, looking for a coupon online". He ignored me, grabbed my cart, rang up the items, and went to the register. I had told him I wasn't ready yet. I walked up to the register and told him, "I was looking for an online coupon". He said very rudely, "Let me see your phone!" My lock screen was on, so I was in the process of clearing it. I was getting irritated that he had snapped at me already. "I told him, never mind the online coupon. I had a coupon for the canned food. Did you use it?". Everything he said was in a very rude tone. "No, I didn't see it."

He sighed loudly and rang it up. My debit card wouldn't work, so he tried to grab it from me. I didn't even ask him to run it, so I tried it again. It worked. The lady in the other line looked at me like she was embarrassed for him being so rude to me. I asked another employee if I could speak to a PETCO customer service manager, the one that was rude to me. I told him, "You were very rude to me." He said, " You were eating your sucker, and moving slow, and your coupon was underneath your can". I told him I wasn't even ready to be rung up and that if I wanted to eat a sucker, that was my business. I told him I wasn't the even in line yet! He was rude to me, then blamed me when I complained.

He was without a doubt, the rudest person I have ever dealt with at any store. If there was another Pet company in my area, I would NEVER shop there again! This isn't the first time I have had someone at the register be rude to me. Some of the employees are very helpful and polite. The rude ones ruin it.

My boyfriend and I went to our neighborhood Petco, in West St. Paul, MN 55075-Store Number #1652. We saw the following Savannah Monitor (see attached picture) at the store. My boyfriend loves these lizards and that's why we have at home a healthy 4 month old Savannah monitor, named Reptar, my boyfriend had bought when he was less than a month old. So it was to both of our horror to see this poor lizard in such shape. The lizard in the picture was actually trying to be sold at the Petco store.

Because both my boyfriend and I have a soft spot for reptiles (we have adopted a 8ft, red-tailed boa, adopted a 3yr. old ball python, and bought a baby ball python)...needless to say we are experienced in these reptiles. When my boyfriend inquired about the Savannah Monitor on Friday, 8/26 to the clerk and the manager he was received with snippy attitude and they completely tried to pawn off that the lizard came from the Rochester store, meaning they are taking no responsibility for his current condition. The store clerk lied saying it was taken to the vet and fed a "pinkie" just yesterday...but yet they just got the lizard in on Wed. 8/24...the day we first saw him(we came in that Wednesday...we wanted to buy him then and there but had to wait till our payday on Friday).

And if he actually ate a baby newborn mouse he would of had energy and some life to him. For anyone who knows anything about these lizards know for one they need calcium powder to make sure they gain enough calcium to develop properly-there was none. The crickets in the cage were huge...bigger than the ones our Savannah could eat-so I know for a fact he would not be able to eat them if he wanted to. The cage had wet sloppy moss substrate which is not their habitat type. The poor thing already looked dead because he was just lying out in the open because he had NO hide to hide in. We of course bought him in hopes we could nurse him back to health.

On Saturday we took him to our "reptile guy/friend" to see what he thought about his condition. He was just as angry and upset as we were of his condition. Even though he felt our lizard was probably already beyond help, he was still able to help us assist feed him two small roaches. We thought after our lizard would eat he could regain his strength and would hopefully be fine. On Sunday we assist fed him again two small roaches. We thought he was getting better because he was actually moving around and going in and out of his hide. Before, when we first brought him home wherever we placed him in his habitat he would stay for hours till he would walk maybe a few inches from where he last was. Sadly, just last Sunday 8/29 he walked into his shallow water dish to soak himself but as my boyfriend went to check on him his mouth and eyes were wide open. He probably passed shortly after he got in his bowl with his last bout of strength.

Just today Mon. 8/29, we brought his little deceased body back to Petco to return him. Now some people won't get it but my boyfriend and I got really attached to him. We love reptiles like most people love puppies or kittens...so even though we only had him for a few days we were heart broken. We really thought we could help him survive and push through his life of being starved for who knows how long! I was extremely upset when the same clerk was there. We told her we did actually get him to eat but he still passed away on Sunday. She looked almost amused and had the audacity to say, "My condolences." in a mocking tone like it was a big joke! Really!

We actually cared for this lizard, for all I know she was the one who starved him and neglected him! She was the one like a tape recorder repeating over and over how he was a transfer from Rochester....which shouldn't matter because once he's at your store, you need to make sure he gets the best care possible.

They basically let this lizard starve to death and couldn't care less! A Savannah Monitor is an intelligent lizard. They can actually learn their names and come when called, plus they can live up to 20 years and grow up to 4 ft. long if well cared for. He was such special lizard that could have lived two decades but they just left him to die. Both the clerk and the manager were upset we even wanted to buy him because they questioned us and whether or not we could give him better care then them, damn right we could!!! And did for the last days of his life.

I don't know if this will get anywhere but at least others will know you should never buy any animals from a horrible place like Petco(we originally just bought substrate from that location but will not be returning-ever!) We also saw a poor baby bearded dragon a month or so ago that had a broken leg...who knows what happened to that little guy. I don't care if it's a dog, cat, lizard, or any other type of animal I cannot stand animal abuse or neglect and that's what this situation was. Thanks for taking the time to read my long story.

In reference to the picture...they labled him a baby Savannah Monitor but even a baby should not be that thin. They actually can grow really fast if you feed them the right food and with the right habitat. Clearly whoever previously cared for him did neither. He was so thin he almost looked like a different species of lizard because Savannah Monitors can get fairly stocky even as juveniles.

I purchased a second collar at Petco about a week ago made by the company Bond & Co due to my male cat that has been escaping outside. I bought the first one about a month ago and had fallen off of him and got lost. The new collar has been worn a week and has already been falling apart. I bought from the company again because I felt the quality was good and would be comfortable for my cat. Unfortunately, I do not have my receipt but would like a refund or a replacement. My Petco number is 9516659908.

I've gone to the Apple Valley Petco a number of times to get things to add to our fish tank. Whenever this one kid works he simply won't sell us what we ask for (based on a recommendation from our previous visit to Petco). Tonight we tried to buy a snail for $1.99 - "nope I don't think that's what u want" apparently what we want is a fish they don't have which might be in Wednesday. Not helpful. Sell me a snail and let me go on my way. The last lady said we need a snail. Everything else the lady said is true. This kid has turned us away 3 times now - doesn't Petco want to sell things?

I bought a cat tree from PETCO. It was very cheaply made out of cardboard, with the post holding it up made out of crappy cardboard. I called the PETCO customer service and I spoke with France ID # 7285790. France told me to bring the cat tree to my local PETCO in Snellville, Georgia, and that they would give me a replacement cat tree. So I brought the cat tree to the Snellville, GA PETCO. The Snallville, Ga manager in charge admitted to me that they had promised me a replacement cat tree, but they were not going to replace my crappy PETCO cat tree with another one because they thought I had bought cat food.

This crappy made cat tree had the PETCO name on it. I even tried to nail nails to the posts to try to keep them holding the tree up. The tree fell apart. They blamed the age of the product as to why it failed, claiming they stand behind their products for 90 days. 90 days? Really? Does PETCO expect me to buy a new cat tree every 91 days if it is poorly made? PETCO makes crappy products, lies to their customers, and they do not stand by their products.

I'm filing this complaint against a woman named Paige at the PETCO store in Lewisville TX, on 201 N Summit St. Store number 441. This woman is about as unprofessional as it gets, and I really wish I would've gotten her last name. She was blatantly raising her voice at an employee loud enough for the entire store to hear. Whenever you need to address a situation with an employee, you take them to the back and have a talk with them, you don't yell it out for the entire store to hear. Honestly this woman doesn't need to be in any type of manager position, or even working at this PETCO. Absolutely disgusting. I won't be going back until she is gone.

I am very disappointed by the discrimination I've experienced while at the PETCO in Austin, TX. I've also witnessed other customers being treated poorly and even employees. The store manager is a prick, he's racist, and sexist. Why is it none of the females or black people being promoted? I did some research on the company and found numerous others stories and encounters about discrimination at PETCO stores, and its very alarming the corporation refuses to do anything about it. There's even an documentary about it!

Today I went to take my dog for grooming at the new East Longmeadow store and when I got there they told me that they would no longer could cut my dog's hair. It was a complete waste of my time, in addition to that the employee and manager there were very rude about the whole situation.

Also, in the past I have taken her to another Petco store on Boston Road and I noticed that they mistreat the dogs by squeezing their legs and not caring if my dog would whine about it. That seems more like animal abuse to me. Dogs are supposed to be treated with the up most care, especially in a facility that's meant to be "pet-friendly". Never again will I take my pet for grooming there.

The Petco in Avon Ohio is the dirtiest store. Understaffed. The cats in cages are never cleaned. I feel so bad for them. You can never find anyone in the store to help you. Only the girl that's at register. She tries put is busy.

Went in for rabies shots and guy upsells me package for preventive health care which I didn't need and doesn't even do the rabies at all. I got back not knowing that happened and asked if I could get the rabies certificate I need for licensing.

Said sorry you didn't pay for that and now that we did the other shots he can't have the rabies shots come back next week and we can do it for free. I put my dog in pain for nothing. Stayed in the line for 70-75 mins before it was all done and that's all they can say! Fuck no I'm beyond pissed, disputing the charge, contacting corporate office and demanding my money back. Sunday's are my only day off and they think I want to spend it in there waiting, hell no!

I shopped at PetCo in Delafield, Wisconsin, on Wednesday, June 29th, 2016. I was looking for Milk Bone treats, in the small size, but in the larger size box, I did not see any on the shelves, and there wasn't a sales person around, so I picked up a jar of the Minis, Assorted, paid for that purchase and left the store. Later that evening, when I was on my computer, I saw a survey from PetCo, regarding my experience that day. I was truthful in filling it out, and did receive a call back, from "A Manager", who processed that he had 20 years experience in retail, and realized how important customer service was.

He claimed that the product I wanted wasn't out on the shelves, but was back in the stock room. Did I want to have a box set aside? I replied, that I would like two boxes set aside, and would pick them up today, July 3rd. I arrived about 2:00 PM, when the store was very busy. At that time there was only one cashier, but the "Manager" who I had spoken to, over heard my request. He ordered the only other cashier to go to the back, and retrieve my two boxes.
They were not what I had ordered! I drove 25 miles for nothing! When I got home, I did research,. whether Milk Bone actually did make that size, I had seen it somewhere, but perhaps..

After taking my Cocker Spaniel to Petco on Chagrin in Beachwood, Ohio for the past 8 years. We were called and told to come get our dog and never bring her back. The young lady cut 1/2 of her hair and said Princess bit her. We didn't see a bite and she pick Princess up to hand her to me. So our dog is half groom and half not.

I made an appointment to have my dog groomed. When I called, I told the technician that I had an English Springer Spaniel and that he had never been groomed before. I told her that he is 7 yrs. old. She asked if I wanted him shaved or groomed like a show dog. I said not shaved and that I had a picture. She said great! I live over an hour away and was never told that there could be an issue with his grooming. I arrived at 10:05 am the next day. One technician was on the phone, the other was talking to an insurance agent, in the store, about an accident she had with her car. After about 5 minutes, the technician started taking my information and at that time I gave her the picture. I knew then that there was going to be an issue because after looking at the picture, the technician asked how short I wanted him cut. My response was...like the picture.

She insisted that I chose a length from the samples, so I did. Still thinking that she should just use the picture. Then she said that if he gets too stressed, she would have to call and I would need to come back. I said, he would be fine. He just needs to get used to the new environment. I left the store at 10:22 and was called to come back to get him at 10:32. On the phone, I asked what happened. The technician said that he was drooling and had "pooped" and he was too stressed for her to groom him. I asked that she give him a drink and a few minutes and that he would fine. He is healthy, had been to the vet within the past 6 months and has no issues.

She said no, she would not groom him. When I came back I expected to see a very upset dog. He was fine. I asked if he was aggressive and she said, no just drooling. Then, she proceeds to tell me that she ran the clippers down his back. He looks awful. He has a big tuft of fur on his shoulder and nothing is blended from the back to the long fur down the sides. I would think that a trained technician could have worked longer than less than 10 minutes to make my dog more comfortable.

Or, if she thought he was stressed, at least take a minute and fix the mess she created down his back. I wasted my entire morning, wasted gas, and now I will have to use another day to have someone, who actually knows how to work with dogs, fix the mess she made of my dogs coat. I had the feeling that she expected (she was not who I spoke to on the phone) to shave him and did not actually know how to properly groom a Springer. The technician works in the store in DuBois, Pa. Her name is Kerry.

Greenwood, SC have been a frequent shopper of this particular Petco since it's opening. I've usually encountered nothing but pleasant shopping experiences however, this time, I was met with unnecessary criticism. I had entered the store to purchase supplies for my pet snake who was snuggled up in my pocket book and asked an employee about her opinion on different types of branches to support his weight. She was very helpful as usual, but when walking up to the register, I overheard her speaking to another customer in whispers about my body odor and how I shouldn't have a snake.

I suffer from a medical ailment that prevents me from wearing deodorant. My personal hygiene should be NO indication of the care my pets receive. This was highly unprofessional and very offensive. I do NOT believe that she should be terminated for such a slight breach in judgement. I do not believe any rash action should be taken. I do however believe that additional sensitivity training would greatly benefit all employees, as I'm sure that there are many more customers with embarrassing medical issues such as mine.

A rescue group, Texas Boston Terrier Rescue , had their van blocking the access to two handicap parking places as well as the access ramp to the sidewalk when my mother, who is disabled and I arrived. The van was off with all of the dogs inside while the " rescue " guys were setting up. I contacted them and they were rude and unapologetic and suggested I should volunteer so they could unload more quickly. There were plenty of regular spaces open at the front of the store. Next time I will contact the police. Your employees could clearly see the van but did not ask them to move it. I was very upset but did not want a confrontation while my mother was present. I have contacted several media sources as well as my contacts on social media. I hope this doesn't reflect your attitude towards the disabled as I would then have to take my business elsewhere.

Pet was tested for heart worm on 5/28/16 test negative. Unable to get Petco to fax approval for medication to ALLIVET. Trying for 1 week so far. Next step. To file a Consumer Protection complaint here in Ct. Please advise ASAP!

Grooming associates should not retaliate if question why it took four hour to groom a Schnauzer pet. Retaliation in making me wait to trim the nails of a dog that came after my pet dog who had been there for four hours. I didn't want to wait because I conceived it to be a form of retaliation- so I took my pet and paid at the retail counter. Service should be prompt and service scheduled-appointment should be adhered. Happened on June 18,2016: ref: associate #16: ticket#2413120716: Pals#423404769: store#2413: phone# 956-969-4959.

They do not know how to groom dogs. Just look at what they did to mine.

Employee name"La Vella", was petco cashier located at 3264 Buford Dr. Buford, GA 30519, she was too busy talking to someone look like her co-worker or friends at the moment and totally ignored my presence. I handed out my pal member's card to her, she did not scan the card and continued chatting and giggling with that person. I was just invisible being to her. I patiently reminded her at third time and saying "here is pal card", She finally responded with rude attitude and angry voice that sounds like she got mad because her chitchat was interrupted, she did not even bother to looking at me all.

What made me upset most was she greeted next customer who happened to be caucasian woman with full of smile and kind voice, she took care of that customer immediately without any hesitation. Apparently she did treat the customers in different manner, Being Asian man, I felt direct race discrimination for the first time in my life. A shocking and wrongful incident... my wife was with me at the time, she also felt it same way. After returned from petco, I called my colleague explained the situation and asked if I am being overreacting, they replied that they would inform the manager about what just happened and contact the headquarter officially. Petco should not handle this kind of delicate matters lightly, they should train and educate their employees so that no one ever should be treated this way again.

Sunday, June 12, 2016 my husband, 2 kids, mother, and I went into Petco in Meridian MS to look around. My kids love looking at the cats. My husband saw a cat that he really wanted, which is very unusual for him to really want an animal. He asked me how much. So I went to the cashier, who was sitting on the counter playing with her phone. Upon my approach she continued to sit on the counter, which to me is extremely rude. I asked her how much for the cat and she told me with her back still to me but her head turned that someone had already turned in an application of approval for that cat and continued with the application processes inch she specifically stated was three pages. But I had to ask again how much. The whole time I was talking to her she was on the counter.

I went to tell my husband that the cat had a family waiting for him. So he understood but was upset that he could not take the cat home. He didn't care if he had to pay more, he just wanted the cat. We walked over to another area where he was explaining about his animals to my mother and the lady came up and asked if something was wrong because he was being disruptive and offending the other customers. My husband was loud but not screaming and was not talking about Petco nor was he using any foul language. My husband apologized if he offended her or her other customers and that if we needed her we would ask.

She gave him a face that if my kids had looked at me that way I would have smacked them. I looked at her and said, "Everything is fine. Thank you." And she still wouldn't leave. My husband repeated himself that if we needed her we would ask. She was very rude and childish. And Petco will be very lucky if I go back in there to purchase anything. We left without making any purchases that day. I do not know her name but she was short and had blond hair. IF we do go back there it will be when she is not working. If I see her I will turn right back around and leave. If it wasn't for my husband I would have asked for her manager before we left.

I took my beagle to Petco on fort couch rd bethel park, pa. I paid $10 to get her nails trimmed. The tips were barely cut off...it appears that she needs her nails cut again. My husband is very angry and will not allow me to return to that store.

I was treated very rudely by an employee at the Petco in New Milford CT, Store #3772. I went in to buy a feeder mouse. A sales girl called over a man - late 20s or early 30's wears glasses. He gave me the official mouse registration form for feeder mice to fill out. I object to this form and usually fill it out with an alias. He rudely came over to me and said that was not my name and I had to fill out the form with my real name. I asked for a pen (and I was intending to use another alias) and he demanded to see my driver's license. I refused and he stated that he would not sell. I left the store sans mouse.

This is an outrage. While he may not have found humor in the alias I used there is no reason any person cannot use an alias at any time as long as it's not for something illegal. I had no illegal intentions for this mouse. Furthermore, it is an outrage that I have to "show id" to buy this mouse yet I can vote without showing id or otherwise proving identity. I demand an apology from this store. And that individual needs counseling on treatment of customers. He was exceedingly rude in his demeanor. I'd like to discuss this with a Petco official at corporate.

I am the store manager at the Mattress Firm next to the Petco in Green Valley, AZ. Now I have worked here for well 15 months and over those 15 months I have asked the employees of the Petco to not smoke in front of or near the store. Having mattresses smell like smoke only makes it that much harder for us to sell not to mention it is against the law. Now honestly I could say that over the past few months it has been ok, but now since I have noticed the bald headed manager return to the Petco, he and his employees seem to wander and drift and have meeting right in front of my doors.

I am requesting that someone from corporate please talk to the manager at the store and have him cease from smoking in front of my store. Again I have asked them in the past to not smoke close to the store and the doors of the store. Jackie, Bree and one of the other groomers have all been great in staying near the bench that is far enough away. It has only been when the short, bald headed, male, Caucasian manager is out there. I would like an email back from someone stating that this is being addressed.

I am excited to have a PetCo so nearby. My complaint is simple, they put in this nice landscaping including lawn in back, and it is never mowed. The grass is higher than the empty field across the street. I know this isn't the front, but this is my side where I walk, drive and live and it looks awful. Thank you for listening, store is in Lake Stevens, WA.

I wrote them a small check (under $20) for dog food at their local store about a month ago. It was from an account I've had for years and use to pay all my bills, never had any problems before and there was (and still is) more than enough money to cover the check. Last week I was notified by a collection agency that Petco had reported my check as "dishonored" for the reason "unable to locate account". I checked with my bank who said the check had not been declined by them, in fact it was never presented to them for payment and would have been honored if it was (they also gave me a letter to verify this).

I called Petco Customer Service and was transferred to the "Escalation Experts" in Wisconsin who had no explanation for why a perfectly good check was sent to a collection agency without any attempt to cash it or contact me (I'm a member of their "rewards" program and they have my address, phone#, and email address on file). They have not called me back on any of the 4 occasions they promised to, whoever answers always says the person handling my case will get back to me but they never do. Meanwhile, the collection agency/check verification service they use (TRS Recovery/Telecheck) won't approve my checks at ANY of the stores they service, so I can't write checks at grocery stores and other places where I normally shop.

TRS has also previously been fined $3.5 million by the Federal Trade Commission for fraudulent practices, so I'm reluctant to deal with them and just want Petco to admit they screwed up and correct the problem. Clearly they don't care that they caused a major hassle for me and are too stupid and/or dishonest to fix it. I will never shop there again and urge others to avoid them unless you want your finances messed up for absolutely no reason.

Our issue is not with the store in Riverdale, Ut, it is with lady who was "PUSHING" her pet food, Blue Bullalo. We had our normal food in a cart and was approached by a older lady named Cheryl. She started to tell us that the food we use was "CRAP"! That her food was the the best. She was loud, rude and some other words I won't use. We were very offended by her and left the store. We will go back if she is not working. This was Sunday May 29. The worst person we have ever met that was representing a dog food.

I just wanted to say that Annie (unsure of last name) that works at the West Chester, PA Petco is a delight. She is a very nice young lady. She always goes out of her way to be pleasant and helpful. I have many critters of my own, as well as work at a cat hospital. I spend a lot of time popping in and out, and I am always happy to see her smiling face working. My kids agree. :) We are always so quick to complain, so I thought that I would take the time to praise Annie for a job well done for a change. There is also a wonderful young man that works there too!

As I made my way through the Olive Branch store with my $200 worth of supplies, I passed a sales associate who was stocking a shelf. She turned to look at me, and just went right back to her shelf without a "may I help you" or a simple "hello". When I arrived at the check out counter, I stood there for a few minutes before Joshua came to check out my purchases. I said "good morning" and he said in a very abrupt tone " do you have your Petco reward card". I said "yes i do and good morning".

He said, again in his abrupt tone, "how's it going". He handed me my receipt and promptly left the area before I even had put the receipt in my purse. All through my encounter, Joshua NEVER gave eye contact and was the most rude person I have ever had the misfortune of waiting on me. I have three dogs and three exotic birds and spend quite the bundle at Petco every month. This has made me rethink who I will give my business and hard earned money to in the future...there are certainly other options!

I bought 5 small tropical fish (tiger/barb) on a Sunday, was treated very well and bought $120.00 worth of equipment (aquarium, rocks, plants, food, drops, etc), I was informed that the fish came with a 15 day guarantee, if they should happen to die to remove them from the tank and place them in a baggy and freeze them until I can return them to the store. This information was informed to me by the fish representative and the check-out clerk . I followed the instructions for tank set-up, water conditioner exactly.

The following day - two fish had died at the end of the day. I returned to the store with the fish. Spoke with the first manager "Manny" who directly told me to speak with someone in the fish department and asked did I bring a water sample? I stated "no" that I wasn't informed to do that/ I proceeded to see "Nick" who apparently is another "Manager" who said "Where is your water sample" I informed him that I wasn't told to bring that in. He asked me didn't I read the back of the receipt - that's why we give you that information. Condescendingly. He proceeded to say he could not sell me any more fish for the fear of me endangering them. I informed him that the three other fish appear to be fine.

He said I could get a refund and that was it. The first manager ran to the back of the store to hide in the dog food department. Both appeared unprofessional and not interested in listening to the customer. I obviously care about the life of the fish or would not have purchased over $100.00 of equipment for $19.00 dollars worth of fish. I proceeded to leave the store and go to Petsmart to find out that most of the information I was given about "Fish Care" was completely conflicting with what I was informed. I was told that the amount of fish for the tank size we purchased was incorrect. I was informed that you only change 10% of the water per week, not 75% of the water once a month and that we should have put water in the tank for five days prior to bringing the fish home to allow the water to settle and be gentler on the fish.

I was not only offended by the was I was treated buy now feel your staff aren't giving quality information about the care of fish or the return policy. I deal with people and customer service in the healthcare industry and have a lot of patience, however when you are treated as if you are stupid and cannot read a receipt or follow directions, you DO NOT want to shop in that store. Please follow up with your employees to improve customer service and learn how to treat customers with the attention they deserve to keep your store in business. Also, by the way - when I called back to get the customer service number, "Nick's" attitude changed tremendously and was very apologetic.

I have entered the petco location on stage road and Bartlett blvd in memphis TN 3 times over the last 6 months and every single time at least 6 tanks (if not more) in their fish department are infested with ich. This is an incredible problem because the fish are not being quarantined or cared for and are still being sold to customers. I will not be returning but demand that something be done.

Purchased 2 cat scratchers online did not receive them, called the store 2 days ago. They have not left the warehouse yet, cancelled order said it would take 7-10 days for a refund. Called customer service today and asked to speak to a supervisor none available. Called PETCO corporate HQ back several times same scripted response all foreign operators hardly could understand their English.Said a supervisor will call me back. Where in this world do you purchase a product, not receive it, cancel order and not immediately receive a refund?

While holding a guinea pig against my chest a employee of PETCO made an inappropriate comment. The guinea pig was nuzzle up to my chest and the employee said "I think he likes you, or he likes your boob. Probably your boob." I immediately felt uncomfortable and put the guinea pig away, purchased my items and have not been back since.

I am a Veteran with a Service Animal. I went to the store in Kyle, Texas, and could not find an employee available to help me. At first, I actually thought that there were no employees in the store at all, then I found the entire group chatting away in a far corner of the store. Even as I walked up on the chatting group, I was completely ignored. Now, I had to go to Pet Smart to get a helpful employee. Now, I hear about PETCO disrespecting another Veteran with a Service Animal, by not allowing him into the grooming area? They may soon loose my, and others patronage.

I went to the San Juan Capistrano Petco to visit with the two cats up for adoption. I also looked to purchase a bag of cat food for my two cats. While shopping there was a teenaged girl and her younger sister with a four week old kitten. They were asking for some assistance about what to buy for the kitten. As I was talking with her a female manager approached and was providing them with information as well about how to rub the cats "private parts". I then tried to explain why to the young girl and the sales associate turned to look at another associate and very obviously rolled her eyes. I informed her that I actually volunteer in the cat room at the local shelter. She rudely replied "good for you." I proceeded to leave the store. I will not shop there not any Petco. I will also not recommend Petco to any of may family or colleagues. She was rude, dismissive and unprofessional.

I ordered 360.00 worth of aquarium supplies from PETCO.com including a 40 gallon SeaClear aquarium. All items were in-stock and "usually ships next business day." I decided within about 10 minutes of placing the order that I wanted to upgrade the shipping to next day so I started a chat with someone online. This was late Thursday evening. I was told that because it was so late that the soonest "next day" would happen would be Tuesday. I understood that and decided to wait figuring I'd probably have my stuff on Wednesday.

Sure enough, I received an e-mail saying my things would be delivered by UPS on Wednesday. Everything that is except the most important part, the AQUARIUM!! Customer service says it's impossible to upgrade just the aquarium to next day because it's already in progress. Of course, they have my money so why do they need to be in a hurry? I will never do business with PETCO again. I have contacted customer service 4 days in a row and have received as many different answers. How is this possible or even legal?

Was at your store on Apr 25, 2016, in Costa Mesa CA (1815 Newport Blvd). Spoke with the Manager Bonnie, and informed her I would file a complaint about the state of the Mens room. It was filthy, the floor, the toilet, the sink and the wall toilet. Not what I am use to from Petco.

PETCO recently awarded the NYC ACC SHELTERS a 500G donation. I hope your making sure this money goes towards helping the animals. They need new shelters in the Bronx and Queens. This shelter is very dishonest and is killing healthy adoptable easily treatable animals including kittens and puppies everyday! They lie and deceive the public and push their propaganda to make themselves look good. The truth of the matter is that they are a monster killing machine, they even kill despite the animal having a rescue!

It shocks me that you are supporting them, this money will not go to benefit the animals!! I have first-hand experiences and proof that they are a slaughter house for the cities homeless and abandoned animals! Their live release rates have gone up but the animals are leaving the facilities on their death bed (from their disease infested facilities) the rescues and the public are footing the vet bills nursing these animals back to health while the NYC ACC does nothing but take all the credit for their LRR going up.

Clean and cozy bedding is on sale buy one get one free. It didn't scan at register the guy said oh it's not that one but the sign was right under it and it was right size. I got mad and left without my purchase. Walked back he moves the sign under just the white package. Very rude customer service.

I use to enjoy going to Petco in Fairbanks AK, with my pup we came in weekly, went in last night to buy a new fish tank and more fish and find out about signing my puppy for puppy class but last two customers service encounters I've had with an older lady named Pamela (Pam) working in the aquatics department have been ridiculous.

And last night topped it off 4-19-16 she proceeded to get loud with me when I told her she had horrible customer service (she proved my point with the yelling) I told her you did the same thing to me a few days ago like if I'm bothering you to get me some fish she yelled some more. Maybe a few extra customer service trainings would do her well.

And FYI you are there for the customer, I'm not there to know anything about you, she also decided to tell me I don't know anything about her life.... Um I don't care (she's like I know you don't care it shows) hello who says that to a customer? I'm here to buy fish and that's all I was waiting for when you ignored me for the Umpteenth time. I will never shop petco in Fairbanks again. Also the fish I bought Saturday died so I wanted to ask about that! She is possibly the worst employee I've ever encountered.

I use to enjoy going to petco in Fairbanks AK, with my pup we came in weekly, went in last night to buy a new fish tank and more fish and find out about signing my puppy for puppy class but last two customers service encounters I've had with an older lady named Pamela (Pam) working in the aquatics Dept have been ridiculous! Saturday 4-16-2016 And last night topped it off 4-19-16 she proceeded to get loud with me when I told her she had horrible customer service (she proved my point with the yelling) I told her you did the same thing to me a few days ago like if I'm bothering you to get me some fish she yelled some more. Maybe a few extra customer service training sessions would do her well.

The Niagara Falls location has terrible customer service. They are NEVER available for a simple service such as a nail clipping that takes less than 5 minutes so we have to drive all the way out to Amherst. The last time we called they said an appointment for a bath and nail clipping would be 3 weeks away. Either they need to hire more workers or the ones they have don't know what they are doing. Thank god for the Amherst store. They are very friendly and always make time for the pets!

I am a former Petco employee at Store 1261 in S.Salem, OR. My complaint is regarding my general manager, Sarah Whiney. I was promoted to the position of IPDM in July, 2015. I was thrown into the position with no training. In September, 2015, Sarah decided I needed some training so we sent me to another store. She chose to send me to a store in Jantzen Beach which is way out of my district. Sarah was dating the manager of the Jantzen Beach store at the time and my parents lived in Portland, OR so she thought it was justified to send me out of district.

I didn't get reimbursed for mileage and when I asked about it, I was told my district manager, Wess Roberts, wouldn't approve it. It is very unprofessional to send me to a store that is out of district just because she was dating the store manager. I recently left my employment on April 1st. I left after lunch and never returned. I know the way I left was wrong but I couldn't take it anymore. On Sunday, April 3, I received a text message from the assistant manager, Melanie Boyd. The message said "Wow, you are really classy......NOT!" That message never should have been sent and I consider it to be harassment. I want to file a formal complaint about both Sarah Whitney and Melanie Boyd.

I recently visited the Petco in Andorra to purchase a few items for my dog. When I went into the store I was greeted by a woman who was the manager at the time. She seemed like she was all over the place. Completely neurotic and maybe even high. She spoke over me when I had a few questions about a certain food. I stopped talking and walked out. I will not be back!

I called the grooming service to make an appointment for my dog, I called a week before they told me the days available and the hours, I choose the specific day and a specific hour, 04-13-16 at 1:30 the lady repeat the day and it was set up for that day and that hour, I showed up to my appointment on time for nothing, she told me she had my dog for 12:30 and that I was late an hour I told her that was nothe my appointment but yet she told me she could do him today but it would take 5 hours!

An employee at petco grooming her name is jasmine was being very mean and rough with a small yorkie. The yorkie was in obvious distress and whining and yelping loudly as she cut its nail. She kept yelling at it and made it bleed twice. She pulled its legs harshly when it attempted to bite her for her own mistakes. This lady is very unsympathetic towards animals and after witnessing this I am scared to take my own dog here. I don't agree with this harsh treatment of animals as it leaves them traumatized and afraid of grooming. This occurred at the petco on Colonnade drive in State College PA.

I wanted to write because I am EXTREMELY dissatisfied with the grooming service my dog received today. I had requested the standard bath and brush PLUS the de-shedding package. When I picked her up, she appeared to be in good condition, however that was not the case. As soon as I got her in my vehicle, I noticed she STILL had an enormous amount of hair that was loose and I was able to literally pull it off of her in clumps. I paid over $63.00 for this service and I am going to end up having to groom and brush her again myself. I really don't know what I really paid for if this is the case. I have been a loyal customer for quite a long time and this has me sincerely questioning if I want to continue doing business at this location. I have included a picture of the hair that I pulled off of her within 30 seconds of picking her up.

Went to get our prescription diet food for our cat like we do at least every week among other items purchased. Our coupon printed from the hills petco website wouldn't scan with the hand scanner so the manager looked at our coupon and accused my boyfriend and I of "duplicating coupons", took it into the office- came out and said he couldn't use the coupon but gave us a store credit. A week and a half later I am so outraged.

First off: Petco customer service stinks. The Philippines! Why? Then you have to WAIT for an American. Then wait for a return call. Then Never get the call. Then get a call from Amanda at customer service when you're on another. Then you must call again because she leaves a message. Then it starts all over again! Now wait again hours just for a poorly made dog toy. Then you finally reach a smarty pants supervisor named sue after waiting ANOTHER 12 minutes holding and waiting from the Philippines. Totally time consuming and the Sue the smarty pant supervisor states: "IF your raise your voice I'm going to disconnect this call" - Well she did.

I will never and I mean never even walk into a Petco store and definitely NEVER even accept a toy for my dog that anyone ever purchases from Petco. Remember this is the United States! Wake up and learn how to treat customers. Send your agents, especially sue to customer service training. Just horrible.

I received a damaged order and have no way to return it. The closest store is an hour away and the order is huge 4'x2'. The website won't let me even print the return to store receipt. I have sent numerous inquires and have had no response. Customer service at PETCO is no help. This has been a huge hassle.

Around 10:20am today 3/30.i went to Lakeside branch of Petco. I don't appreciate the attitude of a certain LINDA in the cashier. My bichon dog entered the store, of course already went outside with his business, he maybe just too excited as he was very happy& having accidents (peeing) on corners inside the store. As I approached the cashier, this Linda blatantly told me, "ma'am, u should not be walking around the store with your dog peeing everywhere".

My complaint is this: they were accidents related to my dog being excited, we are in a pet store & accidents happen, I told somebody that my dog went, there are no paper towels in the sanitation area I could have used to wipe them off. This Linda was giving me a mean look & she doesn't deserve to work in a pet store. I called Ethan who said he will tell Jason of pet store. I'm not able to but the needed dog food as I walked out and dropped them off at the cashier out of embarrassment & frustrations. Please make action on this complaint because Linda doesn't deserve to work in a pet store.

I went to the Petco in Fair Oaks, CA at Madison and Hazel to buy two fish. The fish guy told me that people buy too many fish for their tanks and it ruins their tank. I told him I have a 35 gallon with 6 fish. He then just ignored me (after I told him I was there to buy fish) and went on about his business cleaning tanks. I figured he was trying to finish a task so I waited. After 15 minutes of this guy ignoring me I left the store. I have never in my life been treated so poorly. This guy does a great job on maintaining the tanks in that store. Very impressive!!! I bought 2 fish from him about 3 weeks ago and he acted fine. Today he was a total jerk! Is he bi-polar? Did he just want to get his chores done so he can go home?

I would love to return and buy the fish I wanted (which were $9 a piece) but now I feel like I will get a lecture from this guy. I would hate to have to find out when he is off shift so I can get someone that wants to help me. I am truly perplexed. This is the first time I have ever had a response like that from this guy at Petco. Anyway, employees have no business telling customers how many fish they should have in their tank. If we ask, that is one thing but I really resent being told that "people add too many fish to their tanks" and then being ignored - not served. It's not like these fish and tanks were his personal possessions. Geez. By the way, I am 60 years old and this is the first complaint I have ever filed. I am patient and kind but this was a little beyond me. It is definitely a first and does not promote good customer service.

Visited Dalton, Ga (30720) store to purchase Petmate Programmable Pet Feeder 5 lbs. Item was priced $79.99 in this store. When checking the product reviews via my phone; I noted the feeder was priced $47.99. Upon inquiry of the price difference, I was informed that they do not price match with PETCO online. Therefore, I did not purchase this item. I frequent PETCO often as I have 3 cats and 2 dogs and to shop locally in support of this store. I find this inexcusable......perhaps you might offer some reasonable explanation as I would like to continue to shop with PETCO or I will take my business elsewhere.

I have been a custumer of the PETCO North Town location in Reno Nevada since the first day it opened. But yesterday one of the customer service employees was being just gross you have a He/She working at that location and it walked up behind me and ask if I remembered him and winked at me. Then asked if I wanted to go for a spin with a real lady. I almost hit him when he said that. My daughter was with me and was asking what he meant by that. And another thing. He has breasts and a beard. Sorry but if that's the way you are going to display your store and employees are going to treat costumers then I'm going to have to go somewhere else.

I was looking for food for my dog while the petco employee was standing there talking with someone. I kept reaching over behind him to look at the different foods than reaching back to put it back and he didn't move so I said excuse me. He still didn't move. Than I said can I get food for my dog if you don't mind and he gave me a dirty look and started staring at me. While we were walking to the register I looked back and he's still staring than yelled keep walking. That's when I yelled back your a rude guy who has no respect.

My sister than told me lets get out of here and just complain to the front because she was shocked by his attitude too. We told the front desk what happened and the guy at the register said he's a manager and his name is Evon. I don't know if I'm spelling it right. It's the petco on ave y in Brooklyn. My sister and I decided we won't be shopping at petco anymore for our pets because of Evon. He was very rude and disrespectful toward two females for no reason. Not professional at all so my family is done with petco from now on.

I saw a Russian tortoise greens (kale) yellow and dried up. I spoke to an associate he said oh they got that way since the morning, plus the animal was not on proper substrate. The tortoise wasn't moving and had his head stretched out with his eyes closed. When I brought that up to the associate he said oh a few customers mentioned that. When I read up on the Russian tortoise it turns out most of them are taken from the wild. If petco or petsmart want to sell these animals take proper care of them. I worked with many wild animals and reptiles. So I am not unaware of the crap I was being told. I want to buy the animal just to save him. I should have taken a pic but wasn't thinking at the time.

I have been taking my kitten to the grooming at Petco in spring hill FL . use to only be 25 now it gone up to 40 and over same treatment no extras and I think this is crazy. Also last time I was there to cancel and reschedule Girl was very rude. And told me That if she was bad overgrown ID have to take her to someone else' . I take very good care of my pets and feel I was disrespeced and prices are getting ridiculous

First off I was misquoted a price for 2 huskies for bath/brushing and pick three add ons. Jess quoted 109.00 with my five $ rebate after extensive discuss of add add on. Dropped them off @ 12pm on 3/18/2016 and was called @ 2:22pm to pick them up. Right away she started in on excuses why things were not done on the male husky she stated he didn't like the dryer he acted shady about nail clipping an continued to state how the dog peed and pooped. She never tried to call us about any problem she was having which we had ask her to do. The male is the most laid back dog I have ever seen.

She could of tried a muzzle if she was afraid, she did not. Could have hand dried him I am sure my dog is not the only dog in the world afraid of a dryer. He smells terrible, and my other dog (female) doesn't seemed have been brushed let alone extra brushing. She actually seems to be shedding more. I paid a 141.00 dollars for a dog that stinks and one who is shedding more just because she was washed and not brushed. I know she wasn't brushed because that what happens after bath no brushing chunks fall off. This petco was located @ 22 Denton Plaza, Denton MD 21629.

Today 3/13/2016 around 4:30pm my wife and I went to your store, PETCO 12651 Vance Jackson ste 11, San Antonio, Tx., to buy dog food and your employee MILES was moving merchandise and show me his finger "to move" and said "out of my way". He was unprofessional and not polite to us. Filing this complain for records and against MILES's attitude.

Went to my local petco in el paso tx i have always shopped at the eastside petsmart but was exited that this new petco opened up down the street. I was there this past Thursday and for some reason cannot shake off how i was treated after spending almost $200 in supplies for the zoo of pets i have at home. My wife was taking a couple of complimentary dog cookies to take home our spoiled pups just to see if they would like them and one of the employees,a heavier set male told me in front of the two woman cashiers, not to mention in a rude tone .."the treat bar is over there so that way you can pay for them" as if i didn't want to purchase them.

Before the cashier gave me to total which was about $200 i told my wife just go get a bag of treats so we can purchase them instead of taking a couple of "complimentary" treats so he wouldn't be upset at us...it was embarrassing that he did this in front of the two woman cashiers, and wife.Not to mention makes me not even want to set foot back in that store just for someone to treat me in a negative way after trying to have a positive experience in this store..so sad..i guess i can go else where because i will def not be shopping there anymore...

Petco does not honor their online order promotions. I have had multiple live chat sessions - with all of the order information in front of me. I believe that the Live chat representatives delete the information or fail to competently assist. How can I call Petco customer service and complain? Is there a 1-800 number listed online, because I cannot find it.

Signed up for dog training classes. Signed up in December with flexible start date for January. This was second session of 6 classes we attended. Went to first class and then got a call from the instructor stating she was no longer with petco. Maybe resignation maybe fired. She said call the store to obtain refund for classes. Wife called and spoke to the manager. He kept asking who she was. She continued to tell him her name and they would converse back and forth and she asked.

Do you have another trainer? He said yeah we have Ryan. She said ok how do we continue classes. He said bring in your paperwork. She said that we no longer had sign up paperwork because we had already started classes. He said who is this? Again. She asked if he could look it up in the system and he said he wasn't at work. She said i called the store so how are you not at work? He said who is this again. Really?

Long story round and round. We don't have pink paperwork but shame on petco for firing or allowing trainer to resign and NOT reach out to customers to refund or reintroduce a new trainer. This is totally unacceptable and it starts with manager Jim at highlands ranch Colorado store. Because we have no paperwork and he is too lazy to provide customer service for his operation downsizing we will have to forfeit the money spent on training our pet.

With using a previous store credit gift card today to clear the balance this will be the final dollar that will be spent in this store and likely petco as a company. Many other options.

It is really hard to get through on the PETCO Customer Service line. I have waited on the line up to 25 minutes before giving up. Previously when I called and actually had someone answer, the people spoke very broken English. When I called their competitor, Petsmart, someone answered fairly quickly and had adequate language skills. Petco really needs to step it up a bit with the phone service, surely they can afford the staff to do the job with all those stores.

Told the girl at the Arlington Texas store 11 am feb 9, 2016 at pleasant ridge and little road that I wanted two Platies ... She asked about my tank and I told her it was 30 ty gallons, she asked if I had done this and that to the tank ... I told her my tank was ready, that I had done everything the book said to do, she continued to ask questions.

I told her again my tank was ready , that I had been maintaining a fish tank since before she was born. I am 72 years old. She told me that until she was satisfied about my tank and had decided to sell me fish that she would refuse to sell any fish to me. I left the store and went to Pet Smart an purchased two platies without encountering any kids being rude.

Looked on Internet and found dog crate on sale for 34.99. Wife went to store purchases purchased the same sku number and was charged 99.00 for the same kennel. Original price 79.99 on Internet on sale for 34.99. Called store and they stated that was an online price and they do not match price. What is going on with the store in state college. All other stores we have ever shopped match price on their Internet price. Needless to say had to return item for over twice what it was listed for on internet. Big ripoff and will not shop at store again. What a disappointing venture not to mention had to drive all the way back to the store.

Carrollwood petco grooming- had a 3pm appt for a wash/ear cleaning and nails. They said it will be 2 hours and we will call when ready. At 5 pm when I hadn't heard anything I called and they said it would be 7pm. Furious I went up there to just get her in whatever condition and I was told they hadn't done anything on her. She sat locked in a crate for 2 hours. They went ahead and cut and buffed her nails but still charged me for it. Will never go back. Mistreatment of animals and I always wondered why my dog hated to go to that store when she's fine going to other pet stores. Never shop or Groom there again.

I did not want my Maltese shaved and she scraped her neck so bad we are having to put medicine on it every day. I showed her where the two matted spots were and I said yes cut those two off., but I like her hair long for winter. When I returned, I wanted to cry. She shaved ALL the hair off of my Maltese and really made a mess of her.

That made me fuming mad. My husband paid the $57.00 and said lets get out of here before you exploded. I want my money back, but I'm sure that will never happen. The girls name was Heather at The Hoover Petco in Birmingham, Al.

I placed an order for 12 bags of Iams adult hairball food (12/30/15). 10 bags arrived and I was short 2 bags. I called to report and they acknowledged that I was shorted 2 bags. They refused to resend. I have called 3 times and have not yet received the promised refund after over a month. I expect a refund in a timely manner. Included attachment of order number and previous date of complaint as well as today 1/31/16. I emailed customerrelationship@petco.com but they never answered.

I had an appointment for 12:00. The groomers were so worried about helping all the other people who didn't have an appointment I waited 4+ hours. This is ridiculous! I want a refund!

On January 17, I placed an order and received a shipping confirmation stating that my Items were shipped. However, when I tried to check my order's status, it says it was an invalid tracking number. Attempted to contact customer service three times and was told i will be receiving my order on Tuesday January 26. Nothing happen on January 26. So contacted Petco again and today, I was told there is nothing they could do about it but refund my money back. what a shame, waited two weeks and no product, instead return my money. Hope some one will do something about this.

I visited the store on Weber Road, in Romeoville, IL. The clerk was setting up in the fish department. I waited for 15 minutes, then while waing for him, he waits on somebody else. I think I should been given the courtesy to be waited on before he waited on somebody else, since I gave him the courtesy to wait for him.

On this Sunday I was shopping for some fish. I noticed a girl stomping out of the grooming salon so I decided to watch. She went up to two other managers and proceeded to cuss and I mean the (f) word. I was in shock with the mouth on that female because if I owned a place where children go because of the pets I would fire her on the spot. I don't know if I will shop there cause if they hire and keep people like that what's next? And I don't want to be there when it happens and let me tell you something it will. Oh and by the way her name is Robin cause I heard someone call her.

I have bought five guinea pigs from there in the last 7-10 years and ALL have died within a year or two. One died in a couple months and one died in less than two weeks (after spending $300 on a vet bill!!) I had three guinea pigs from breeders and all three lived more than SEVEN years! You have to do something about this!

I went to the Petco store located at 1970 South Roberts Street in Minnesota to buy a big bag of dog food. When I grab the huge bag of food my new Coat That I purchase yesterday Ripped when it got caught with the shelf that had a broken metal piece that was sticking out. I call for the manager & I was told that she was not in. I explained to the associate that my jacket Ripped when it got caught with the metal shelf that should off been replaced because it's metal & it can hurt a child or any other customer.

It took me to Ripped my jacket for them to fixed the shelf. I fill that the Associate didn't even apologized & I should be reimburse for the value of my jacket & since no one seem to care about how upset I was I decided to write to the headquarters & complained about my incident. I will appreciate a response as soon as possible.

i was in a pressing situation where i could not order and wait from Amazon cat felliway refills as my 1 of 4 cats was attacking the other and upsetting the baby. It was getting late and i knew our grocery store did not carry it. I called petco in Meridian, Idaho and they said they carried it. I found two refills for 49.99. When i asked if they matched anyone, their response, was, "we match our online prices" I asked if many of their items were cheaper, they said, :not really".

I said, "whats the point in telling me you match something that in the spirit of trying to be competitive essentially does nothing?" I bought it anyway because i was in an urgent place. I looked up on Amazon that i could have ordered 6.....(SIX!!!) for 59.99. I am completely horrified at this price Pet Co charged me and you HAVE NOT earned another visit from me. POOR POOR handling and poor pricing! I will not recommend PETCO, nor will I shop there and every chance i get, I will tell others about this unreasonable experience.

Today at the Durham, NC store I was denied the opportunity to purchase goldfish for my daughter as a Christmas present. I was told repeatedly that it was for the "good of the fish" that he could not sell them to me because my brand new 10 gallon tank was not properly prepared (it needed to be on for at least 3 days). I told him I understood that but even if I couldnt put them in the tank I would still like to purchase them (since tomorrow is Christmas) and I would put them in a regular bowl until the tank was ready. Still, he REFUSED to sell me the 15 cent fish because he did not approve of the environment I would be taking them home to.

How insulting! My daughter will not have her fish tomorrow because the self-righteous salesman did not think that I could properly care for some goldfish. I called customer service and another Petco employee stated that the life of the goldfish was a very serious consideration and I should understand that they are just looking out for the well being of the pets. This implies that I am not taking the life of the fish into consideration and AGAIN that is insulting!

Had to comeback to the store to let the manager of the grooming place to check on my dog his tail is bad and look like they damage him. She said is normal and dogs sometimes act weird after the hair cut. WHAT, this has not happened before and why now. I told him i will take him to the vet because it looks like the tail is broke, they said they will not pay for the bills. This was at the PETCO on Webster in Chicago, Illinois, i will never come back and not recommend anyone to cut their dogs hair there. Manager she said to go there to see the dog and this is their conclusion. At least take responsibility for doctors cost, this is not fair to the customer.

I took my dogs to Petco to get their nails trimmed and get a bath and when I picked them up I noticed they were itching a lot. I wasn't sure what to do since we had to take my dog into the vet for surgery. They said he had a lot of fleas so I got some flea medication not thinking I could probably take them back to Petco until my wife had mentioned it. I went to Petco and spoke with the manager, and he said he would give them a flea treatment no cost but could not at that time because we had already given them flea medication he didn't offer any other choices. He was like oh problem he has fleas here is the solution. He wasn't very nice when he went to the computer in the groomers and entered it in there that we would get it for free if they still have it within 30 days.

So today 30 days later i took my dogs back in, and they took the dogs back and printed out the form for me to sign. She said I was getting the flee treatment for free but was going to have to pay for the bath and that's the only option they had was a flea bath. I told her that the manager said it would be free no charge. She seemed reluctant to give me service but then she said fine and crossed off the where the charges was and I signed the paper. The whole experience made me regret that I went back worried because they had already taken my dogs back there they were reluctant on going back which is not normal she said she would call me within about an hour to two hours but they didn't verify my phone number or anything.

I bought 50 dollars Worth of dog food and clothes for my pets. At the register I handed the sales person 60.00$. When I pulled out another 1$ so I could get a 10$ bill back. She became very rude and refused to give me a 10$ bill. Said she had already rung it up. The other sales person chimed in telling me that I couldn't get a 10$ back because of store policy. They did this in front of my client embarrassing me in front of the client. I left your store angry and embarrassed.

I tried to explain that I didn't have room for additional bills in my small wallet and she ignored me refusing to speak to me.your employees need to learn to count and I will be getting my dog food online from now on. Free shipping, no tax, and no attitude. I believe we should help produce jobs but I will not be abused by your employees. I'm finding it so much easier to shop online and I have a lot of clients that feel the same way. Feel free to explain why your employee would not take my 1$ and give me 10.40$ change for 3 20$s and a 1$ bill.

I have no problem with your stores or the employees. They are terrific. My problem lies with the "corporate" end of your company and how you make decisions to remove and add new cat food so frequently. I have a cat who has multiple food allergies and is a very picky eater. One of the foods that he can eat and LOVES is Pride by Instinct, Ritzy Rabbit. I typically shopped in your Hartsdale, NY store (right down the street from my job and love the staff there).

But sadly I had to move to the Mount Kisco, NY location (also wonderful staff) due to the Hartsdale location no longer carrying my cat's favorite food. It did not leave the shelves due to unpopularity as there were multiple times that it was sold out due to it's popularity. I was so happy the Mount Kisco store still carried it. Recently I have noticed that it is not being stocked anymore and staff tells me that they worry it too will be discontinued from their shelves. When I ask, why - it is a very popular and sought after brand/flavor, the answer I get is, "corporate makes those decisions and we have no control over what they do".

Well, then - DEAR CORPORATE - Please bring back Instinct by Pride for cats! Cats do not like change and it is not healthy for them to keep changing foods. Why would you remove a big seller from your store and why would you not care about the people and PETS you serve? WE are your "bread-n-butter "- not the pet food companies that fight for and offer you big rewards for a place on your shelf. BRING BACK PRIDE BY INSTINCT FOR CATS! Kitties all over Westchester County will thank you :)

Numerous times recently I have ordered items from Petco.com and been jerked around. they offered 5x rewards points on all online purchases at the end of November. Then refused to honor the advertisement until I complained to the BBB and the FTC. Once they finally caved and awarded me the points they offered, now they don't have the items that I order and have been told by their customer service they won't be available for over a month, in other words after my reward dollars expire. Do not use PETCO.

I went to the Marion store and the person who waited on me was very rude. She looked right past me in the fish section and walked away. When she was at the register she didn't greet me or even look at me. Also, the fish tanks looked awful and the birds had no light and the temp was way to low to keep them healthy. This is sad for these poor animals and I hope that PETCO and their executive team reads this complaint and investigates the condition run but the employees at this store.

My mom and I lost our beloved pet and were heartbroken so we went in store at lake Stevens, WA to return the things we bought before our pet passed the manager was rude and would not fix the merchandise card they gave me would not work I spent 140.00 dollars and am out the money I asked them to put on a gift card so I can give to nephew as gift or get my money back and he refused I am going to take my shopping to petsmart if this is how they handle things I have never returned anything so why am I treated like I'm in the wrong when my pet passed away.

I bought a tube of the PETCO Natural Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs. I am very dissatisfied with it because it is so runny it sinks into the bristles on the toothbrush then runs off before I get to start brushing my dogs teeth.

I was checking out at the Petco in round rock tx, and cashier asks me if the dog food is for me! I told him "i am not a dog", and his response was I know your not a female dog, a b____. I asked him where he was going with the questions, and I think he thought I was man, which I am not! Very insulting and this literally ruined my day! The cashier's name was Kyle at the round rock tx store. How rude. After this I am calling the complaint line with my feedback.

I recently went into Petco on 10/22/2015 at 4:45pm in Alexandria La 71301 store# (1583) their telephone # is (318) 484-4723 there address is 1438 Macarthur Dr Alexandria, LA 71301 i came in to get a haircut for my Parti-Color Cocker Spaniel he is a healthy 9 weeks old I was told by the groomer i thank her name is Mindy or Mandy that Petco doesn't and her exact words were (Petco doesn't groom puppies what does it look like grooming puppies because they don't sit still). Can someone help me with this issue? I go to Petco all the time i spend money frequently my rewards card is connected as well.

If anyone has an account "pals rewards" with Petco, stop to add your rewards column. Yes all of the transactions are there but the amount is always $3. to $15. off, in their favor. So if you have an account and they come on to chat and you give them the issue? NO THEY DO NOT STOP TO ADD IT. They simply argue with you from every angle they can. Imagine cheating oh just 100 people makes them money ahead on on every person. A billion dollar company becomes that way due to cheating, lying, and stealing.

Within a week, I have had a few major problems with PetCo...and it's only getting worse! I ordered a cat tree from Petco's online eBay store. After purchasing it, I noticed that their online website and their Amazon store, had the same item at the same price, but had different shipping times. Both their website and their Amazon store, state that the product would ship out within 48 hours. Their eBay store...2 WEEKS!!!

After reviewing their online website, I went to my local Petco store in Pinellas Park, Florida. I grabbed the items and took them to the register. That's when some snot-nosed brat behind the counter informed me that the stores will not honor the prices that are on the website.

After my bad experience, I called their 800 customer service number to register a complaint. A middle eastern man came on the phone and told me his name was "John" (yeah...right!). After voicing my complaints, he then proceeded to give me excuses as to the different shipping times for the SAME ITEM. When I caught him in his lies, he then stated to me, "Let me educate you on how we do business." Right then, I interrupted him and told him, "No...you don't educate the customer! You make the customer happy! You don't give the customer lame excuses...and you don't talk to customers like they are stupid!" I requested to have a supervisor contact me back.

About 3 hours later, I received a telephone call from another middle eastern person who stated she was a supervisor. I, again, told her my complaints and what the customer service rep stated. Midway through our call, she decided to inform me that the call was being recorded. Also, she started giving me excuses as to shipping times and never addressed the price matching problem between their website and their stores. I was very frustrated with her excuses and I told her that they need to stop thinking that Americans are stupid. I told her that I was contacting Petco's corporate office in the morning and I disconnected the call.

I have noticed that the Petco in Pinellas Park, Florida is a brand new store...but feels very "dirty". They do not carry a wide variety of ANYTHING and their cat department is ridiculously small. From here on out, I will conduct my business with PetSmart. Not only does PetSmart have a larger variety of products, they have cleaner stores, knowledgeable employees and excellent customer service. When I told them of the problem that I had at Petco, they offered me 20% off of the items that I didn't get at Petco. Plus, they informed me that not only will they match their own website prices in store, but they will match ANYONE's website prices on same products that they carry.

In all honesty, Petco states they have been in business since 1965...I really don't see how. Especially with all of the complaints they have, the poor inventory of products they carry in stores, and the way their stores are not cleaned!

I dropped of my Pom today to get a bath and for grooming. My husband specifically told them not to cut his head or tail. When we picked up Charile I noticed that a piece of his ear was cut and hanging. I called and spoke with one of the employee's in the grooming department. She told me to bring him back in to have him looked at. When I arrived, she said that his ear always has looked that way. I told her to take a closer look, that they clipped his ear and it was bleeding. She called the manager and he looked at my dog and he told us we should take him to the vet. I told him that's exactly what I plan on doing. I took him to Davies Vet in Yuba City and they had to sedate him and repair his ear. I am very disappointed in the dishonest and unprofessional employee's at Pet Co. When we took him back to have him looked at one of the employee's said "that the groomer said his ear did bleed a little." Why did they not say anything to us when we picked him up??? I will never take my dog their again. They need to hire professional, honest people that can fess up to a mistake. I consider my dog part of my family and only want the best quality care for him. I want my money back for one; inuring my dog, secondly for our inconvenience and time running our dog to the vet!!

I took my Mini Schnauzer in to be groomed. The groomer called me and informed me she would have to shave her instead of dematting her. I told her any other Petco I have taken her to had no problem dematting her. I told her that was fine but I was not happy about it. Within 5 minutes the manager called me and informed me I would have to come pick her up and take her to a Vet and have the matts cut out that they would not touch her. I have never been treated this way at any other Petco. I have spent hundreds of dollars at Petco stores and my dog has never been groomed at any other place. I have used Petco's from Florida to Pennsylvania and have never been treated this way. I took her to a private groomer and she had no problem dematting my dog. I will never spend another Dollar at a Petco store and will recommend my friends go elsewhere to have their dogs groomed and buy their pet care stuff somewhere else. Already 2 of my friends have decided to take their business elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned the groomer is lazy and didn't want to do her job. I will make sure everyone knows Petco groomers don't want to do the job. I will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau and will post my experience on social media. You don't have a 0 in your rating or I would be rating it a -10.

So I lost My 250 phone after leaving petco the ladies said if they found it they would save it well I came back after 3 days to check because my hamster was dyeing and they said we found it I was like ok one good thing and then they said it was in the dour so they checked and to find out nothing was there so cold hearted jerk took it and then they did not even look at my hamster because I bought I some where else I hate pet co and will never return so thanks for that you lossed, a member and costumer.

Have feedback for PETCO?