J.C. Penney Complaints Continued... (Page 1)

303+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call J.C. Penney corporate:

I spent just over $250 online during your black Friday sales. I received a called the next day, and was told most of the items I specifcially went to JCP to buy had been back ordered then canceled, and the only solution you could offer me was a coupon. It was upsetting since I could have picked those items up somewhere on black Friday, and I now have to pay full price for them. Even so, I had still gotten some good deals, and just figured I would pick up some last minutes presents somewhere else to replace the canceled items. After almost 2 weeks I decided to see when the rest of my order would arrive. I log onto your website and to my suprise you have canceled even more of my items good deals. I received no phone call and no email, and I'm sure I will receive no other satisfactory solution other than a coupon if I do. I have no adequate words to describe the outrage and annoyance I feel torwards your company right now. I'm not sure what your company could even do to make this all right, but I am sure no one is going to care too much about my complaints for it to even matter. I would have never bought from your company had I known it would be such an inconvience, and after the service I recieved and the aggravation and resentment it has caused me to feel torwards your company I highly doubt I will EVER shop there again.

On or around August 2 2013 about 4:00 pm I was shopping at your mens department at south hill mall in Puyallup wa. As I was walking I stepped on the edging separating your tile from the carpet and my ankle was pushed outward causing a loud pop so much so I could feel it all the way to my head !My ankle now still has a feeling of something (like a torn tendon )slipping back and forth causing discomfort when I walk ( and my daily exercise is out of question ). I have not gone to the doctor as of yet I was hopping it would heel on its own ,but it has not ! I'm going to contact my doctor for an appointment . You should really take a look at your flooring before someone gets an even grater injury ! Thank you Mary Sebastian A

I was at the Jcpenny store (4/12/13) in Aberdeen SD at around 7pm this evening shopping with a male friend who wanted to buy some hello kitty shoes for his niece that he saw in the weekly add. There were two ladies working at the shoe department. One older blond lady and a younger lady with black hair and glasses! After about 10 minutes of searching for the shoes that we never found we finally dicieded to ask one of the two ladies since niether one of them asked if we needed some assistance which I thought was costomary for them to do anyway!

My male friend asked if they had the hello kitty high top shoes that were in the weekly add! The younger lady with black hair and glasses said, "well we're a smaller store so we don't always have everything that is in that add".

Ok, fine so my male friend said that it would be nice if the add only advertise what was in this store! Then the older blond lady inturupted and said "well it says on the bottom that some items are not available at all store locations".

Ok fine so we walked away and when we were in the mens department we could hear the younger lady with black hair and glasses say sarcastically and very loud "well it is not my fault don't be mad at me I don't print the add". Then the older blond lady began to laugh and say "yeah". I thought this was very unprofessional and rude! She did not have to say anything!

My male friend then responded "if you are going to talk about me make sure I'm standing in front of you and not wait until we start walking away! This unpleasant expierence just made us never to return to this Jcpenny again! I do not care if this is the only one in the area! I will shop some where else! Teach your rude employees to not talk about customers when they are walking away!

On Tuesday Sept 27th I placed an jcpenny order (#2011270581551407) and the call service I received was very willing to go well beyond their fundamental call service. Unfortunately I did not get their names but it was approximately 8:30pm Eastern time zone. The first jcpenny person I spoke to stated she would have to have manager call me back...bottom line they were open to helping the customer.

Basic issue was that I wanted a 5piece outdoor furniture set that was at a discounted jcpenny price online it stated it was unavailable but all the individual pieces were available but cost more than the complete set price but after working approximately 1 hour cause that was when I got the return call from the manager they were able to get the set at the cheaper price. They tried-that is the bottom line. After researching I found that local stores had the chairs at even a cheaper price I decided to cancel the order for the tacle set pieces.

But I had also ordered a cover for this set which jcpenny online stated was no longer available but keep in mind it was available the night prior when the order was placed. Nancy and Barb (Barbara) out of Pittsburgh, PA. Stated their was nothing they could do for me to get this cover other they watching the website to see if I could catch when it is put back as available-who has that kind of time.

Bottom line is that they were not open to even trying and now I can not get that cover so I know it may not be much but this is a lost sale and keep in mind that if the topic of jcpenny comes up in conversation with friends and co-workers this lack of a sense to try and help the customer can be discussed. I just hate that I am out of a product that I had less than 24hours ago that I really wanted. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

I had one JCP button that said it was already used and I had 2 $5.00 buttons that were winners and said I'd receive the certificate in 48 hrs. It's been 6 or 7 days and I've gotten nothing. If you ask me which ones they were, I don't know exactly, because I've put them all together, but I did save them. I just don't know the exact codes for those 3 that didn't work.

I've already submitted my complaint, but I just wanted to add one more thing. If you validate my 3 buttons, or whatever you do to make this right, your certificates expire on the Jan. 1st and for people like me who have had a recent problem with your buttons, I feel that you should extend the expiration date.

I would've contacted you sooner about this, but it took me a little while to find out exactly where and who to send the complaint to. Thanks.

I placed an order on Dec 12, 2012. I received an email telling me that my order would be available to be picked up at the JC Penny on Davis Hwy in 4-7 business days. I called 7 business later to make sure it was in fact there, they had no record of the order. They gave me a 1800 to call where the lady I spoke with informed me the item I purchased was on back order.

This is a Christmas gift that would not even be here for Christmas! I never received an email, phone call, nothing letting me know it was on back order...nor did it tell me when I placed the order that this was the case. The ONLY email I received told me I could pick up my order in 4-7 business days!

I think it's ridiculous a courtesy email was not even sent, and the lady I spoke with told me the item was on back order when I ordered it...but that is NOT what it showed online..cleArly I got an email stating I could pick it up at the store in 4-7 days! So now I am left with no gift, and I was not even going to get a phone call?

I will NEVER purchase anything in store or online again...that is NOT how you do business and I will make sure everyone I know realized just how little you value your customers, cause had I not called...I would have showed up to pick a gift up that wasn't even there!

On Oct 13th I went into the eye care center (Concord,NC) for glasses, the person working behind the desk was not very professionel looking as she had very low cut blouse and very unprofessional accessories, once I saw the Lady I had second thoughts immediately but trusting JC Penny's I continued my business, the lady did not appear to want to hear any questions or comments that I had, once I met the Docter, which was a plus in the experience being very neat/clean and professionally dressed, I felt better.

The Customer Service/Desk person never explained that the glasses would be 2 weeks coming back,after not hearing from anyone for 1 and 1 hafe weeks I went back to the optical center , I was greeted by a man that had 3 earrings down both ears, tattoos around both wrist and he explained the glasses should be back within a couple days and I walked away with that in mind , I later called and was told by the first person that answered they were not back, the lady then got on the phone saying the glasses were there but the quality wasn't first class and they were sending the glasses back to the lab because they would not accept anything but first glass quality,which would possibly be another 2 weeks and with the recent storms could be longer.

I have a very hard time seeing after dark and my commute to and from work, once the time rolls back , puts me driving in the dark both to and from work. I , to say the least , have been very disappointed with this experience, I sent my husband to the store to pick my glasses up and my percription, the glasses lenses were not in them anylonger, the lenses that were in them when I dropped them off, I could have used them for my safety as my vision is very blurry in dark and rain.

I am and was very surprised at the choices for professional representation that someone choose to represent your optical department and don't think your business will be helped with this kind of representation. Please know that I have been a loyal customer of Penny's for many years but this really surprised me, If I walked into another business, especially a health care business, with the representation that I saw I would walk away, I didn't in this case because I was in JC Penny's.

I have 4 buttons and inputted them - got the response from 2 of them that the numbers had already been used. The other 2 were accepted and I never received an email telling me whether I won or lost. What a terrible promotion!!! Better to just sent out coupons like the past. In addition, just button signs as holiday decorations in the store were not festive at all. JCP is very disappointing this year.

The numbers are:
tw5b2st
d2fjuyc
e4sfhff
cyh5ezy

On December 19, 2012, I was shopping at JC Penny in gretna Louisiana at the Oakwood Mall. The cashier gave me a total of six buttons at different registers at different times. On Thursday, December 20, 2012 I tried to enter the buttons codes. It said button code had been used . I entered another button code, it said that button code was used also.

I then entered another, and another until all six had been entered. All six button had been used before, I thought this must be reported. Why did the cashiers at Penny Oakwood mall give me used button. I need to call the customer service and report this time of action.

I entered two codes off of my button today & got buttons had been used. I called the 1880 # & they referred me to a website picked the complaint portion as i am really teed off. I've been a customer for ten years or so & never participated in any of these silly promotions just for this reason. the button #'s areubbtanz & gekfdjh. let me know what to do?

I have about 23 buttons that are not working. I have done alot of Christmas shopping just for the fun of trying to win something on this promotion and because Ellen was a part of this. However I an getting invalid code or already been used when I submit the code ##'s. This has been very disappointing and might I say looks like a scam as far as pennys is concerned.

I love shopping at jc penny for I have always been able to find what I want. But to have a promotion that is turning out to be a scam is not cool I have heard this complaint from other customers in the store so I know it just isn't me. Please tell me what I should do with 23 buttons that don't work.

December 2012 button promotion. I used a button certificate that was 5.00$ YES $5.00 I was fired. In almost 7 years of employment I had never been written up or talked to or warned about bad behavior or something I had done, I had a great employee record. I took great pride in my job if I had known I could not use this certificate I wouldn't have messed up 7 years of employment for YES again $5.00 But for $ 5.00 I was fired from JCPENNEY. When I found out employees or family members could not use them, I was told don't worry it was a mistake you have never been in trouble, you have a good work history(I was told this by a manager and security which I am sure is because they also thought the company wouldn't be so harsh. But an assistant supervisor fired me 3 weeks later in the middle of my shift. I am so hurt that JCPENNY could be so horrible. 100's of people were let go for the button promotion so obviously I wasn't the only one who didn't know. Like other company's maybe the sheet that went with the buttons could have said no participation by employees or family members instead of having to search something like that out. Like it was a secret.

I ordered glasses on a promo at JCpennys at my local mall in Kennnewick WA 99336 10-26-2012. When notified of arrival I sent my husband to pick up I was sick that night. I immediately did not like. Both frame and no-line bifocal I was totaly nausiated sick. I went in on Monday morn. 11-12-2012. I simply told the same sales lady I did not want or like. She insisted I needed to continue with glasses and give a chance I agreed. We spoke of a comment my husband made to reference they were old lady glasses and I mentioned that that was exatctly what my daughter had instructed me not to get. I returned with my daughter the following week and I had to plea with another sales lady to please allow me to change the glasses.

My daughter was standing behind her looking at frames and noties what was on thier computer screen and said you need to see all these nasty notes which were lies. All fabricated lies. Laurie had put that I returned on Mon. 11-12-2012 ackting Irrate, and said that my husband and daughter were opinionated and other detailes that were exaturated. We were shocked and asked for the notes but Melody said it was thier propery we mentioned Hipa laws and she still maintained we needed upper approval. We continued to select another frame and this time bi-focal lenses I ended up having to buy a protection plan and extra for lenses so they would not look like magnifiers. I had no money my daughter paid the differance.

So I picked up new pair yesterday 11-27-12 frame color is darker than display and bifocal part is not even on lenses. one is centered the other begins at the inner part of frame. I do not even want to go speak with these ladys any more. Laurie made me feel dirty when she got a new hand tissue to remove a papertowel I used to dry my hands after washing hands to remove my contact lenses. This may seem petty to you but the treatment has left quite a sour taste in my mouth. And who ever grinds lenses should not have OKed then if not exactly the same.

I called your customer service center in regards to my balance. I had paid off my balance for the month of September and was not expecting a bill. I received a bill on the fourth of November for not paying all of my bill for September. When I called to ask why I was receiving a bill the representative said that I had made purchases in September that was not paid in my previous payment of my card. I asked repeatedly why those purchases, which were within the billing cycle of September, were not added into my bill he could not answer my question.

I had been charged interest for something that would have been paid for if it had been on my previous bill. I asked him again why I did not receive a correct bill, all he said was that his computer told me that my card was not paid off. I asked him then if I could pay the balance for the items I had purchased and not pay the interest, due to the fact that because the charge was not on my previous statement I did not believe I should have to pay it, he refused and said that he would not authorize that.

I asked him to let me speak to his manager, he once again refused. After doing so I hung up, realizing that I would not get anywhere with the person I was calling or receive any explanation as to why my bill didn't include the purchases that I made. I love JcPenney and have bought clothes there for years. The quality has always been good and I've never had a problem with any representatives or the staff until now. I was on the phone for nearly an hour trying to get answers to my questions and find out what I needed to pay. The customer service was very poor and he was rude when I tried to ask him what had happened. This does effect how I will shop in the future. Because if I were to run into this problem again, I do not want to be on the phone for nearly an hour only to become frustrated and upset because of someone refusing to assist me or even listen to what I have to say.

I am an 18 year old male. My girlfriends mother, myself and her daughter we out trying to figure out what kind of clothes for her mother (my girlfriends mother) to wear. We were in an unlabeled (didn't say men or women on it) dressing room. After about 10 minutes of being in there, one of the employees, a woman, came in and rudly told me to get out because I wasn't supposed to be in there. There was no sign and there was nobody else in the dressing rooms. I was floored and she should be fired, especially for how she handled it.

I was happy to see the roller shades that I had been considering on sale for Cyber Monday. Instead of being $12 apiece for 3 shades , they were $8 apiece and free shipping. I attempted to order them from Sunday afternoon until Monday night. I was never able to place the order, apparently because of how busy your connection was. When I attempted again Tues. morning, I could get straight through, but they were no longer on sale. When I contacted your representative by phone, she said that they were no longer honoring the prices or free shipping. She said that I should have called to place my order on Monday.

I have been buying Jcpenney arizona jeans here for a longtime and in the last year they have changed. They are too tight. The bootcut aren't bootcut. I have to cut them to fit around my boots. They are all pretty much slim fit. I am very dissatisfied and will no longer shop Jcpenney if they aren't correct soon.

I was shopping in a JCPenney store the other day with my young daughter when I heard a song playing "stone hard machine guns, fire at the ones who run. Fire away, fire away..." Were the lyrics. The next song had the following lyrics "dance until I'm not drunk anymore" I am very upset that those particular songs were being played at a 'family' store. Especially with everything that has recently happened in Sandy Hook. I will absolutely not be shopping at any JCPenney stores, due to the type of music being played.

About a month ago I bought a rug and used my JC penny rewads of 10.00. The rug was to small, so I went back to the store to get a larger one. The sales girl only gave me credit for the price I ended up paying after my rewards were taken off. She said my rewards were just gone. Today I took my granddaughter to buy her a coat. Number 1, I couldn[t believe how the coats are priced. They were a 125.00 with 40% off. What a rip off. To add insult to injury I had a 19.09 credit on a gift card.

Also you were supposed to get 15% off, if you used your JC Penny credit card. I used the card and the sales girl said I could either use the 19.09 gift card or take the 15% off. But not do both. I can tell you JC Penny has just lost a good customer. Your prices used to be so good and the quality was great. I believe JC will go down the tubes like so many stores are doing now. It is no loner a place to shop where you get quality for a good price.

Unable to claim small gifts won by entering gift button codes. I think if you won and they have notified you by mail they should then follow up by sending you a gift coupon thur the winner's e-mail. Many people I've talked with feel the same way that this gift promotion by JCPenney is way too confusing.. I shopped more often than usual at JC Penney in order to receive the little buttons but have decided that I will no longer shop at JCPenney unless absolutely necessary. I have collected alot of buttons in the last week or so that will not go through. I did discover that the bad buttons all have an s in the code number. Those button codes are yrszss4 wwss93q 8saraqr 01szea2 ixssnrr fwssp1a f4ssp1d z1sze93 c4szs3n asss9s1. As far as everyone who has waited on me everyone has been very nice and very helpful. If there is anything I can do with these buttons I would like to know what to do. I do like the new look of the store but I would like the plus size girls department to come back.

I placed an order with JC Penney on 12/13/2012 and was told it would be available in 4 to 7 days. I stopped in on 12/17/2012 in hopes it may have come in early well it didn't but the sales associate told me it was scheduled to come in on 12/20. On 12/20/2012 I went back to Penney's to pick up my order and when I got there they told me the truck was delayed until 12/22/2012, so it went from 4 to 7 days to at least 9 days.

I needed the order by the 21st so I asked the associate to cancel my order and credit my charge card. Imagine how surprised I was when he told me he couldn't do that, he needed the shipment to come in and I would have to return the order. I asked him to get someone who could do this for me and he called over a manager who told me the same thing.

After telling him I wouldn't need the order after Friday he finally did something and he told me my card would be credited immediately. Well after 6 hours my card is still not credited. I use to like shopping at Penney's but I will NEVER place an order with them, this was my first time and my LAST. Hopefully my credit will be credited SOON!

I called the JC Penny located at Golf Mills in Niles Illinois. Everytime i call i get transferred to hear nonstop ringing. Then when i do finally get in touch with someone they put me on hold for 5 minutes and i hear someone hang the phone up. Then i call back for a third time and get put on hold again for even longer then both combined. All i want to ask for is if they have a freaking Addidas 3x sweater that i seen recently for 49.99. I never ever complain.. but this really got to me honestly. Anyways i know very little will be done because i myself worked at retail and know how this goes but its still lame and ridiculous.

I have several buttons and it keeps saying that the Captcha is not correct when in fact I print exactly what is written. Then on the same button code, after entering the captcha at least twice, it will say the button code is invalid. It goes back and forth forever. I am starting to think that we are being used for this Captcha for some other reason.

I sent an e-mail to jc penney in regard to a problem I had on December 6th to redeem a $10 certificate. They never responded to my e-mail. I then called the number on the website and was transferred to the wrong department, however they promised they would have someone call me right back and again no one called or got in touch with me. I am very frustrated wth this Christmas button program. I hope to hear from someone before this program is over. Thank you.

When I press the audio button next to the Captcha, it sounds like aliens and I can't really here what they are saying. Something is very wrong here! Is this all just a big scam?! People win $10 gift certs here and there, but I get those anyway as a regular customer of JcPenny's so I don't see what the big deal is winning these buttons. They are like coupons that other stores give you without the hassle of making you come in for buttons. This is only going to enrage customers and possibly lose a lot of regular customers for JcPenney's!

I have printed off my Jcpenney gift certificate 6 different times and the numbers under the bar code is not showing up. No matter if i print it off in color or black and white. It prints up everything else except the numbers under the bar code.

I have 4 Jcpenney Christmas buttons and out of the 4 only 1 has went through. What is up with this promotion? We had three winner buttons and they did not process completely; we did everything correctly and it did not holiday certificate verification.

I received 2 buttons during the black friday shopping weekend. I came home and entered the codes on my buttons. one was a 10 certificate and one was a $5 certificate. I received the ten dollar one with no problems the 5 dollar one never opened to claim my certificate.It had a message saying that there was a problem and the elves were working on it.

The button code was zbbddfn. I would like to know if there is any way to help me claim my five dollar certificate. Thank you for your time.

Twice i have got know responded when inter my button code it says check your email . When i do there no message . All the other it says a winner, are sorry you are not a winner. Don't know what going on.

Love the Jcpenney store but found the button codes did not work. I was given invalid code button or it was already used. So I'm sure this has been frustrating to their department trying to spread some joy this holiday season. Blessings to them.

Your life insurance office sent me a card saying that I would receive a $10.00 reward for calling and talking to them about insurance. I decided against taking the insurance but the worker told me that I would still receive the reward of ten dollars. A few days later I received the gift card and the note said it was for ten dollars. However, today at the Paris, Texas store, I bought a shirt and tried to use the card. The clerk said that the card had a zero balance. When I got home I went on your website where you can check gift card balances and it said that the card still had a ten dollar balance. What can be done about this? Please tell me what to do.

I am very disappointed in the poor selection of boys clothing, sizes 8-20, in your store in Thomasville, GA, and Dothan, AL. I went financially prepared to spend several dollars, perhaps $200 or better, for two of my grandsons. The clothes were trashy looking. I did not see any collored polo shirts, and the sizes I needed in jeans were gone, size 12 regular, original cut in The Arizona brand. The clerks were very nice in Dothan, AL, . They even went into the back to see if they could find any jeans back there---no luck. I have been pleased with shopping in JC Penney in the past, but not now. You will lose many customers if you do not correct the situation. There were several other ladies trying to shop for little boys too. I needed some church clothes for my grandchildren, not trashy looking attire.

JCP has lost a fairly good customer because they have stopped selling their Cabin Creek line and specially the Cabin Creek Denim Boot Cut Leggings. I am not a 6' teeny bopper who enjoys having their pants worn below the waist and just above their private parts. I am an older woman who enjoys having pull-on, elastic-waist, boot-cut, no-pocket, leggings which give my 5'2" sort of chunky body a fairly nice look and Cabin Creek leggings did that. Now all you can find at Penney's are the "skinny jeans", rhinestone jeans, - pants that even look trashy on the tall 18 year-olds. I have been in JCP only once this year and I will not go back. I used to buy blouses, shoes, jewelry, pajamas and purses there. I will not go out of my way to visit any JCP store until the Cabin Creek Brand is back. I used to use the Catalog Department regularly - I am very disappointed in the way JCP is now doing business and I hope, at this time, that unless they change their merchandise attitude, they go out of business.

Last Friday, I went to the JCP in Tucson at I-19 and Irvington roads. The goal of my visit was to do an exchange, talk to someone about a garment purchased approximately 47 days ago that had come apart under normal wash and wear and browse. The exchange and browsing were successful, which lead me make additional purchases. This may not have been the case, if I had tried to talk to a cashier or manager first. So, lesson learned on my part. I recently, since Thanksgiving, began shopping at JCP, because it is not the closest or most convenient store to go to, on the normal paths I travel. On January 7, my Mom purchased two Arizona Jean company tee shirts, blue and green.

On the back of the neck of the blue one, the stitching has begun to unravel on the seam, for approximately 5 inches. This is the garment I spoke with the cashier about. He said he would go back to the department and get a tee with a tag. He helped another customer at the register next to me, then went back to the department, as it was unclear which receipt it was purchased on. When he returned, he looked at a few things at the register and then went back to the department.

Upon returning the second time, he had a similar shirt. He said that it had the new logo on it and the one that I was trying to return was pre- new logo. At this point, it had been quite a while and I was frustrated, as it seemed to me, by his response, that he felt I was being dishonest. He, "Expert" per his nametag, was not helpful. So, I decided to leave and write this letter. Since my visit, problems with two additional garments have occurred. On November 28, I purchased item 622/4701/010209 for $8.00, as a Christmas present for my daughter. On Sunday, February 24, she asked if I could buy her a new pair of black leggings. When I asked her why, her response was, they fell apart. When I looked at them, I could see that there is a 5 3/4 inch opening at the seam of the left thigh. On November 28, my Mom purchased item 944/3460/010502 for $27.00, as a Christmas present. I have worn the shirt three times since receiving it for Christmas.

Saturday, February 23, I removed it from the washer and was hanging it on a hanger to dry when I noticed a 3 1/2 inch piece was separated from the seam. So my question is...can I expect this to be the normal quality of the merchandise/garments that I purchase from JCP? If it is, there is no way, even with the better prices, that I can continue to shop at your store, as replacing garments less than or equal to two months of normal wash and wear is not in my budget. Sincerely, ~Jill Cooper hcooper504@cox.net

I went into your Greece Ridge Center and Marketplace Mall stores and was VERY disappointed. I have been a customer for over 40 years and could always find whatever I needed. On December 1st. I went home empty handed. The Big and Tall mens department had no selection at all.

The jewelry department had very little stock. You discontinued your catalog (I realize people can shop on line) and I don't like the way you advertise your specials. Even some of your employees are not happy. I am telling all my friends and probably will not shop there again any time soon. You keep going and you will be closing all your stores!

About a week ago me and a friend was at the lexington ky location trying to complete school shopping and the entire time we where there we where being followed the entire time from either two sales associates or more. When turning around to see if they needed something they would turn around like they where working. Felt very uncomfortable and every time I tried to complete shopping the u would be right right behind us again. I was so upset I sat everything down and walked out to another store to finish shopping. Never have ive been in a department store or any store and been watched over and followed. All the years I have shopped with the company from kids clothes,women and men clothes to house needs I will no longer be shopping at any locations for jcpenney. With me being apart with a one of the biggest markets out there we know how to protect our stores as well as let the customers shop without having to look over their shoulder the whole time or stalking them. Very unprofessional!

I have been going to J.C. Penny's for about 30 years and now you have these buttons that everybody I know has won gift certificates and I have been putting my codes on-line at jcp.com/Christmas since 12/05/12 and have yet to receive any notification to either I won or lost, where all my other friends have won several gift certificates. I get all kinds of other mail from other company's & friends so I know its has nothing to do about my e-mail site. I may just contact the federal trades commission about this issue!

I have entered 5 buttons of jcpenny I have won several times there is never any thing sent to me in a e-mail so I can print it off his has to be a scam the use to give discounts that was a lot better, everyone loved that, they had a lot more business ,now I don't care if I ever go back to jcpenny store along with a lot of other people I have talked to. I feel sorry for JCPenny. Their incompetent programmers and Chinese manufacturers have made what could have been a goodwill promotion a debacle. The button codes simply don't work. What is the reason for this?

I was told I won a $10.00 certificate from my code number (bsqcecp) I got my email mail saying I won. Then I clicked to give my info. I haven't heard anything more. I got this email on Dec. 16th. I went into the stre and talked with some people that just said they didn't know how to help me without a bar code. I hope you can help.

Please help me with buttons that I won (2- $10) and did not receive an email from Penny's with bar code to redeem. My dad is here from Arizon and they were his buttons...he is on a fixed income and could use these for Christmas...only two days before Christmas and time is running out..Please help!

Received buttons from JCP.com & put the code in & it said it was already used. I feel that it is a waste of time, time i don't have, then you can only do two at a time.What if i was a winner & don't even know it, me and my mom shop jcp all the time i do like shopping at JCP but these buttons are a pain in the butt. I do like coupons & getting a good deal but is it even worth it?

Your promotion does not work! I spent 10 minutes trying to enter the two code words into your site, and was rebuffed repeatedly. It is no promotion if you anger a consumer enough to decide not to shop at your stores again this year!

I enter my buttons ,gotn3 certificates 2 of which were the same bar code, one of my other buttons were rejected because there were not 7 letters ,although there were 7 ,and spell the two words so we know your not a Christmas robot I typed in 14 spell me's till I was finally accepted, now for the button without 7 digits xvakawe, hello! please get me out of this Christmas funk,as I have read other letters of complaint, I'm not the only one this button thing is very stressful,an answer would be a ,lets say , a Christmas Blessing.

What a crock. Enter the number on the back which is so small it can hardly be read and then enter the two words "for safety" which are difficult to read and all I got was an "error" response. All my buttons are going into the garbage. More junk from China.

My friend told me about the buttons at JC Pennys. So I go in shop go to pay an I ask about the buttons. The lady said you can have one a day. So I got my one button came home entered it an couldnt get it to work. Finally I realized it said enter your 7 digit code an mine was only 6 . So much for my one chance. Here is my code. Pfmuy2

I made a purchase 12/13/12 and received to buttons. I attempted to enter one of the buttons today and a keep getting a message stating 'Sorry! Looks like something went wrong. Please check your 7 digit code and try again.' I did this several times and the same thing happened. This is not the first one I have entered so I know I am doing it right. What is going on? Is jcp running some kind of scam.

Wore Wrangler for year bought 4 pair of Arizona jeans thought theywere the best jeans i ever had.The first 3 pair ripped out in the crotch then the 4th pair ripped out on the back pockets.Guess im back to wranglers the arizona felt great but poor quality.

I bought a Queen size 400 count sheet set and I've had it less than one year and the sheet have worn areas all over then. The pillow cases are tearing apart at the seams and the material is of very cheap quality. I love the lilac color and the softness of the sheets before they started tearing up. I've never had a set of sheets that torn up like this. I think I'm due a replacement or credit on these sheets due to the extremely poor quality of what I thought would be a good product.

With Regards,
Sandra Wolf

I've shopped at Penney's for over 30 years, and spent thousands of my hard-earned dollars in your store in Plattsburgh, NY. When your powers that be decided to change everything from taking down pictures on the store walls, and stocking clothes that a 16-year old with a stick-thin body would wear (and the loudest colors known to man), I never walked in the store again. So disappointing.

I hope whatever your marketing strategy is now goes back to the way it was. Penney's was so busy here and I could always count on the store having my favorites in my size and color preferences with decent prices. It was such a pleasant store to walk in to with tastefully decorated walls.

You're really going to have to go big if you want me back, and I know several relatives and friends who feel the same way.

I contacted the company about this and haven't heard back. I had nine buttons and entered like it said, two per day. Tell me, how can all nine buttons be "already used"? Every single one of them. The only ones I can think of who used them has to be either the folks who made the buttons or the J. C. Penney's employees and management who then gave the wnners to friends and family. Or, the wole thing was a scam. What else could it be? I read where some people won a $10 gift certificate but never got it. So the buttons are already used, if you happen to win (big if), you don't get what you won?! You know, this is aggravating enough to make people shop elsewhere. Put out "used" buttons and don't respond to customer complaints.

Hello,

After many years of avoiding JC Penny, because I have many times in the past wasted my time looking for my size in vain, today, I decided to stop and look around since the store has been renovated. Well, it was again the same old story, in a store of the size and name like JC Penny, I'd think that buying something so simple as a pair of slacks should be easy. But no.
This has brought me the question, is JC Penny against fit women, or fit and small? I know it sounds crazy, but if this mega store went through so much change recently, why not stock up and get eveyone happy, in another word cater to all. I am not that short, neither too thin, I wear Size 2 not zero.
I thought it would be nice a positive criticism, after all, you guys want to make the most profit, mainly when JC Penny has taken a hit in the last few years.
Finnally, Is there hope that millions of people just like me might be able to shop there again? Or should I walk through the store, only to get inside of the mall and go straight to a store like EXPRESS, where I know for certain, EVERY SINGLE time I go there (even though it cost more) I WILL FIND my size, and avoid myself the aggravation, because for me, peace of mind, has no price.

I hope someone could have the vision I have, and maybe it would even help the store.

Thanks a lot.

On November 3, 2012 I went into a women's dressing room at JCpenny in Northpall Mall, Ridgeland, MS. The smell was so bad that I was very careful not to touch anything in there and would not let my bare feet touch the floor. It smelled as if someone had urinated on the floor. I used to work in a department store and heard stories of adults letting their children use the floor in dressing rooms for a bathroom. That is disgusting!!! I know stores can't control ignorant people, but you should make sure the dressing rooms are cleaned, even if it means professionally cleaned in a case like this. I was so disgusted by the smell that I told my husband who was waiting outside that it was time to go and I would not go back into that Jcpenney store.

At one time I was a valued customer with JCPenney from shopping to clothes, shoes, home section to even buy our living room furniture at the JCPenney Home Store (which has since closed in Overland Park, KS). I live in Kansas City, MO and I am truly disappointed in the direction the company has gone in the last year plus. Every time (which is not as often as it used to me) that I shop at the store it is always in the process of being remodeled or has been remodeled. You keep changing your focus, your layout, whether you want to give coupons or not and it is frustrating to a customer. Yes, I am one of the customers that enjoyed my JCPenney's reward coupon and not this "everyday low price" (which it doesnt appear to be) mentality.

Customers prefer sales, they want sales and that entices them to come into the store. Maybe you should spend less time remodeling and trying to put out "fancy" ads and focus on what your customers really want....coupons and sales and for the store to not change every few months. I was at the store over the weekend and was appalled that once again it was remodeled and and that when you ring up my purchases I can no longer see how much it rings up for. The cashier has a hand held device that they scan so you are not seeing if something is rung up correctly unless you ask AND their does not seem to be much privacy when you are entering in a PIN for a purchase with a debit card.

This is just ridiculous. I preferred shopping at JCPenney's over Kohl's because it wasnt cluttered, was always picked up, has good customer service at the store, clean and neat but with all these changes I am not enticed to continue shopping which is sad and a reflection of your CEO. I do hope you have taken customers complaints seriously.

Yesterday 8/14/13 was our 20th anniversary. My husband has told me for years that I could get a new ring for our 20th anniversary. I went to the JCPennys in McDonough, Ga yesterday. A very kind man by the name of Vince assisted me and I picked out a 1 carat ring. I told him I would talk to my husband so he wrote all the info down including the final price and told me if I came back and he wasn't there to please let them know that he assisted me. Well my husband took me back last night to get the ring. I was very excited--I have waited a long time for that ring!! Vince was not there, but a lady named Debbie was.

I told her we were there to get the ring and gave her Vince's card. She was very rude from the start with very short, snippety answers and then acted as if were low-lifes. I was purchasing a $1,550. ring--which is alot to us...but does not make us low lifes!! Well I didn't have my JCPenney card which is in my husbands name, but she said she would look it up. It came up but would not accept the transaction, so she rolled her eyes and said I can call and see what the problem is IF I must as if we should just walk away. I said call, so she did--they talked to my husband and raised his credit limit and said to go through with the sale. She tried several times and it wouldn't go through so she rolled her eyes again and said I can call back IF I must.

So she called back and after being on the phone for several minutes they cleared everything up and said go ahead with the transaction and when Debbie tried it, it refused it again--she very rudely said it is not working--There is nothing else I can do..Very disappointing to someone who was planning to get the 1carat ring I have been waiting for!! It may not have been her fault for the transaction not working--but she was extremely rude from the start and acted as if we should not be allowed to purchase anything. She didn't even want to make the phone call to check out why.

Then said oh well there's nothing I can do. I walked away from the counter and assured her I would purchase the ring elsewhere and I will make sure everyone knows I got it and why I didn't get it at JCPenneys. I have spent alot of money here over the years and I am very angry about the way my husband and I were treated in there last night. And it ruined a 20th anniversary. I don't know where the fault lies for not being able to make this purchase, but you definitely lost an almost $2000.00 sale and we won't be back.

Hi I'm very upset with Jcpenney first of all i order 5 items on the 11/23/12 and i would wait for an email to confirm that they had all ready shipped my order, it was 11/30/12 and i called to see what is happening and it turns out that they hadn't shipped it yet i understand that it might be that time of year were every one orders things online but they should at least send an email notifying us that. Later on that day i did receive an email that my order was been shipped but they didn't even send me my tracking number with it. I tried log in in on my jcpenney account but it won't let me and i don't know if jcpenney erased my account or what ever. Jcpenney is very unorganized and that goes bad on them.

My name is ivy butler from mccomb ms i was terminated for the wrong reason under randall spears he is racist have favoritism he fires people because he dont like you. im the only black supervisor there and been there for 10 YEARS . Everything i do is wrong the others gets away with it . he should be the one to gets terminated i worked too hard for this company he is wrong now he gott promoted to layfette store

I have entered my JCPenney's Christmas buttons codes and some of them say invalid captcha, also some say I have already entered or sorry it looks like your button code is not valid. I have also won three $10 dollar rewards and four $5 dollar rewards, they have not appeared in my email, they usually send it the next day after claiming the prize.

Its been two days now and no rewards yet. I feel like I'm being ripped off, I have being a loyal JCPenney's customer for years and I just feel like it's all a lye. I'm so dissatisfied.

JCPenney's is promoting a button program to win gift certificates, but the system is not working and it is very frustrating. I have 10 buttons that I cannot enter because it says that there is something wrong with my 7 digit code.

Then I will try again and it will say that the captcha phrase is not correct. This is making me really mad. I don't get a good response when I email or call JCPenney's. I wonder what is wrong with his program.

My husband and I have been shopping at your store quite a bit this Christmas season and receiving your promotion buttons in the process. I am quite frustrated by the lack of response on JCPenney's part when it comes to sending the winning certificate to me.

I am still waiting for two $10.00 certificates I supposedly won on Sun Dec. 16 and my husband is still waiting for one he supposedly won on Dec. 13 - $10.00. I have had 5 buttons that the contest site said were already used. I am very frustrated that a reputable company would be running a corrupt contest.

October 25th, 2012 The reason I'm writing this now, I just found out about the summer associate shopping spree.
Back in the summer I had went into the Athens JCP store asking about the associate shopping spree. I was told that there was one, but it was only, for the associate who was working in that store. I have been talking to another retired associate and she was told the same thing. She and I both are grandparents and we buy our grand kids school clothes at JCP every year,. because of this we went to other stores and shopped. Today I was talking to an associate in the Tyler store about the Fall associate shopping spree and that was when I found out about the , above subject. ARE THE RETIRED ASSOCIATE NOT BEENING INCLUDED IN ANY MORE SHOPPING SPREES? I would really like to speek to a person.903-675-4556

My husband and I went shopping and got a button it said the code was already used, also my mother and I went and spent way over $600.00 on merchandise and the 2 buttons we got the codes were ready used, how can they already be used when I didn't even put them in yet ? I've had at least 7 buttons that say they've already been used. I called JCP customer service and they said to e-mail complaint here. I threw out the buttons. after the last 2, I called. I shop at westfield in toledo ohio. My daughters who live in defiance and perrysburg and shop in their town.

I need 2 button codes for the 2 buttons that I tried to use but they have been used be4 I got these buttons. My $25.00. Penney's gift certificate haven't arrived yet. I claimed less than 48 hours on the 7th or 8th of December and still waiting for it. I have tried to check my buttons all morning and still get invalid. I called and they told me to e-mail at e-mail info@jcpbuttons.com, I hope this is the right site to voice my complaint! This is crazy having to e-mail a complaint! My button numbers are pw9q192 and a4np9er. Please e-mail me and let me know what is going on and if they are winners. I also can't believe I have to enter those stupid words again! Have not got any buttons like that. It was very frustrating going out everyday to pennys just to get 2 buttons and find they've already been used.

I will never shop at this department store again. The corporation itself has abysmal customer service! I placed an order on the 25th of November, got an email indicating shipping on the 9th of December and when I still didn't receive any updates on shipping information, I called in to check...only to be told that they had cancelled my order and refunded me my money back because the warehouse had a shortage. Uh, where was my notification email? Are you seriously going to be providing such horrible service this close to Christmas? Now I have to scramble to find an alternative present because JCP was unprofessional and didn't think it was important to let their customers know about changes to their orders. I called into the main office and they were unprofessional as well. One actually hung up on me and the other offered me a measly 15% off as compensation. No, I don't want your 15% off. I wanted and expected good customer service but I guess that's too much to expect from JCP. I will no longer shop here and will tell everybody I know this story so that they will avoid this corporation as well. You messed up, JCP. Bad customer service doesn't fly here in America.

I went to the JC Penney store in Evansville, Indiana which is located at Eastland Mall. I went on Thursday, April 4, 2013 at approximately 3:15pm. My goal was to go to the men's department and purchase a pair of pants for my husband. I went to the men's department hoping to find a pair of blue Docker's relaxed fit pants. I found the Docker's pants but there were no relaxed fit pants and there were no blue pants. I looked around at other displays to find what I was looking for. After several minutes of looking, I attempted to find an associate to help me. There was one gentleman who was assisting customers with purchases but no one else was in sight. I looked for a few minutes and decided to leave. I was in the store for 15 minutes. I then went to a competitor at the mall, found the pants in the style, color and size that I needed within 5 minutes of entering that store. I have been displeased with JC Penney over the last few months and do not plan to go back to JC Penney any time soon.

I got my son's birthday pictures taken by JCP Portraits on Saturday, March 16 2013 and when I got home I realized I used the wrong coupon for the pictures, so I called right away to see if I could do some sort of return so I could use my son's bday coupon on these pictures. The lady I spoke with was very rude and was no help at all. I then wrote directly to them to let them know exactly what happened in case anyone else would be able to assist me, I haven't recieved a response, so now I'm here. I'm extremely disapointed in the customer service I recieved and if it's not resolved I will not return to JCP Portraits again and will be letting people know about this.

Hello,
I have been going to JCPenny for years and in June 2011 as i was leaving the store, manager April, who i know but am having problems with, started to say many rude and ignorant things. She raised her voice and start yelling at me which was def not professional. Mean while i was 9 months pregnant and was def embarrassed to argue with her in jcpenny so i asked her to come outside so we can talk it over. Instead of her acting like a women from the start, she decided to yell AT ME and at that call security on me..... You should tell your employees to keep their personal lives at home because since then i have not been back to that specific jcpenny. I use to shop there constantly buying jewlery, shoes, cloths but now i go a lil further to the next mall which has a Macys"s. Thank you very much for your time and i hope this complaint is one step in making JCPenny a more better and classier place.

Went to JCPenney on Black Friday to return suit pants that I ordered for my husband. Could not exchange because they didn't have correct size. After finally settling on what they had in stock, we decided to order another pair of pants as an xtra because several events coming up. When we got to the event which was out of town, we noticed the security tag had not been removed. Not a JCPenney in the vicinity so had to drive out of our way that morning. Didnt realize the pants had a broken zipper until that evening. Returned pants, but didn't get another pair for one was on order. Checked on order while in store, but was told that it couldn't be tracked by my telephone #. Didn't have receipt with me, so I thought I would wait till later. After not receiving pants as we were told we would receive them in just a couple of days.

Called store they said they couldn't find the order to call 800# at bottom of receipt. No 800# at bottom of receipt. She gave me 800#. Called 800#, after being on hold for 15 minutes at 8:40 on a Thursday night. While on hold I had time to track order by myself. Website was terrible. Website was listed on bottom of receipt but not 800#. Entered website as listed on receipt and it came up as no longer a working site. Therefore, had to go a whole other route to track the order. When I tracked with the same # as I gave to store clerk, order came right up. It said the pants were just now shipped, should receive in a day or two, but that is too late for the event that we need them for. Very disappointed in Penneys. All these little things add up to a complete annoyance and I will think twice before shopping there again.

I tried on a underscore 48 ddd in your Brandon, Florida store today. I usually buy my bras from JcPenneys because of how much I save on the bra. This time the bra was tight and when I tried to take it off I had a very difficult time. Also the Brandon store does not have a sales person in the bra area as I have shopped the JcPenneys in Wesley Chapel, Florida in the Wiregrass Mall and they had my size and there was some there to help me. I had a 48 ddd on that stretches but your bra had no give and barely stretched. I even tried to find a 50 or 52 ddd and this store did not have them. You should carry bigger sizes in your stores so that all kinds of women can feel comfortable to buy a bra from you. I was so disappointed in your store. There was no one near the bra area to help me. I use to love JcPenneys but my experience questions if I will ever shop there.

I bought a bunch of clothes online from your website. got it in the mail a week later. the jeans I ordered were different brand,size,color than what I received! I was told I had to pay for shipping to return them( not my mistake). than I went to exchange one of my shirts and the lady instead returned it and told me they didn't have any other sizes so not only did I JUST tell her I wanted the shirt even if I cant get it in a smaller size, I had to buy it again and since I bought it during black Friday/ cyber week/ Saturday sale, I wouldn't be able to get the discounts and would have to pay full price. I used to love JCP but after this in less than 2 days apart from one another, I will never shop there again. JCP should be ashamed in how they deal with customers. you want people to order from y'all and than during your one week busiest shopping day(which you had months to prepare for) you were way off your game! get it together JCP,.

The "Spencer" queen size bed was delivered by a company called Excel in Ral. NC. Bed was ordered in store at JC Penny in Ral. NC. The bed was put together by the delivery company, midway thru the assembly they told me that the 8 screws that came in the package were too short & wouldn't work. They were shorter than the depth of the wood slats that were to be inserted into, which is the base of the bed.

They told me they're not responsible for rectify the error, & that I should take it up with the manufacture & they needed to go to their next delivery. I called the JCP 800# on my receipt & spoke with Angela, who said she'd send new bed out to me, & if I had any problems again (which I had had with the delivery company) to call & ask for her.

I called her less than 1 hr. later & was on hold for 12min. The person on the other line said she would give her my message & she'd call me back. Never heard from anyone! I'm stuck with an incomplete assembled bed, & very agitated & disgusted with this entire transaction!!

I have always purchased my Levi jeans from JCPenney. Until now that is! I have always considered JCP Levi jeans "seconds" because they are never sewn perfectly;especially down the leg seams. BUT I just bought six new pair and the two 505's are totally unwearable! The legs and crotch are sewn off enough that they can't even be pulled up to your waist. And because I have never had such a major issue with JCPLevis, I tore all the tags off and threw them out in Mondays trash. I have to drive a distance to shop the store and don't plan on returning for some time. I suppose I will have to eat the hundred bucks I paid for the two unwearable pairs. We use to enjoy their selection of clothing, now they cater to skinny jeans, see through materials, and kids clothes. Time to pay off the card and say so long...

I am very upset that after being an outstanding customer with JC Penney's that I have had so much trouble initiating an order on-line. I have copied the information. I would like to know why I am receiving "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors". Everything is the same ~~ nothing has changed as far as any personal information in order to place an order. My order that I tried to initiate is the following: SPORTS APPAREL 2499 Item# TS217-0136F -- Alabama Crimson Tide Youth Grey Tackle Twill Hooded Sweatshirt
Size: Medium (10-12)status:manufacturer shipped (ships in 1 week). Item shipped directly to you from the manufacturer.
Total:$25.00. Your assistance on this issue will be greatly appreciated. I have never had this much trouble ordering anything from JC Penney's in many years. Thank you. Carol Oakley

On November 8 I had an appointment with Jessica at the JC Penney Salon in University Mall located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. My regular stylist was not in so I had the appointment with Jessica. I gave her great details about my fine hair and my cow lick in the back making sure she understood what I did and did not want her to do. She did exactly everything I said NOT to do. I was horrified with my short hair that looked so bad I would not be seen in public. I got my money refunded and demanded another stylist rewash and restyle my hair. I got a great girl who stated she would do what she could with what hair I had left. I called the next day and complained to the Manager, Judy Johnson. She said she would "talk" with Jessica and offered me free cuts until my gets back to where it was before the cut. It has been one week today and I have a bald spot showing in the back where my cowlick is which is what I explained to Jessica that I could not have short layers there cause my hair needs to be long enough to cover the cow lick. I am hurt, upset and devastated over my hair. Jessica needs to have more training in hair styling, listening to the client and should be fired over what she did to my hair. Refunding my money and offering free cuts does nothing to compensate me for the damage done to my hair. I want someone at the corporate level to know what happened and do something about it.

In late-spetember of 2012 I called the Manteca, CA Jcpenney store to learn about a job application that I had turned in online at your main Careers page on the Jcpenney.com, the previous week. it was only 7 or 8 day's later when i called to inquire about the job, since it was still on the website career page. When I asked the human resource manager about my application and the position that I applied for, my reception was met with a cold shoulder and hostilite. The HR manager was extremely rude to me and lied to me saying "I'm sorry but we currently arent hiring full time positions". As she said the previous sentence to me, I was still looking at the open Career page for that store and it was STILL showing the the full-time store associate opening position. I'm very discouraged and angered that your store HR manager for your Jcpenney store in Mantec, CA would lie about an open job position to a prospective job seeker. I've been shopping at that Jcpenney's store for 3 years now, and I will never go back. If anyone ever asks me about working there I tell them to keep moving and dont waste your time.

I am a big and tall person. 300 lbs and 6' 3". My pants for the last 25 years have been 42-36. The longest you have in your big and tall section is 32 inseam. 32" inseam is NOT tall. You should rename the big and tall section big and short. I have shopped JC Penny's over the years and this last year it has gone down hill big time. Your CEO may have known the customers at Apple, but he knows nothing of the customers in a clothing store.

Several years ago I was detained at Dillards Department Store at the Imperial Mall in El Centro, CA. Evidently, store security thought they had seen me steal something and they detained my wife and I while they rummaged through the belongings we had bought at PacSun and Macy's. Ultimately, after being paraded through the store and treated like common criminals, we were cleared and released without so much as an apology.

So what does this have to do with J. C. Penney's? Evidently, this particular mall uses a camera system with facial recognition capabilities, and shares this information with other retailers in the mall. As it happens, we were not regular customers at Dillard's and didn't normally frequent their establishment. After our experience, we certainly won't become regular customers if at all. As it happens, we were regular customers of J. C. Penney's. This is where we spend most of our time and money while at the mall. However, that too will come to an end, as we have been regularly harassed and followed through the store by your Loss Prevention Staff. Since our encounter with Dillard's, we have been followed no less than ten times by people pretending to be customers.

To avoid being overly suspicious, my wife and I set out to "make" the Loss Prevention Staff and confront them, as it was becoming extremely uncomfortable and disconcerting to even enter the store. Each week, we would see the same individual monitoring our every movement throughout the store. When he realized he had been made, he enlisted the assistance of a female Loss Prevention staff member. She was even more obvious in her attempt to catch us "stealing" from your store. After she and he had followed us around the store for well over 1/2 hour, it was apparent they were planning to stop us as soon as we crossed the plane of the store into the mall. In an effort to make them "jump", I dashed toward the door as though I was going to run into the mall. Both the male and female agents dropped everything they had in their hands and lunged toward me as I made my phony escape. Prior to departing the store, I stopped, turned around and looked them both in the face. I went back to the counter in the store and opened my bags while your employees stared at me. I told them "If you want to inspect my bags, come over and take a look." I had my wife produce a receipt along with everything in our bag.

Instead of simply being caught trying to catch us. The female got rude and said, "No one said anything to you. I don't want to see what's in your bag." At the same time, the male staff member went off to hide behind a rack of women's clothes as though he had nothing to do with it. These same individuals do this to us on a weekly basis and it's really insulting.

If we are believed to be thieves by your Loss Prevention Team, then the appropriate thing to do would be to stop us and confront us with whatever behavior it is that makes them feel they need to follow us through the store every week. Or, they could even call the police and have us detained and investigated on-site. The real problem here is that we are supected of being thieves, not because your Loss Prevention Staff are competent, but rather they are relying on the innacurate software program wherein my wife and I were suspected by Dillard's of being thieves.

In closing, I would like to inform you and your Loss Prevention Staff, my wife and I are not, nor have ever been thieves. I am a former Marine and have been a Peace Officer for 23-years. I don't steal! As a Peace Officer, I can appreciate the need for Loss Prevention; however, at some point due diligence becomes outright harassment and needs to stop. We are now at that point. If your Loss Prevention Staff continue this pattern of harassment, I will wait until one of your over-zealous staff members attempts to stop my wife or me, and I will embarrass your company both legally and publicly.

Dennis Webb

I placed an online order for 4 pcs--2 skirts/2coats. The store could only locate the skirts and I was advised to simply reorder with customer service. I told the clerks, customer service reps and the store manager that this was unacceptable. The customer service rep blamed the store as the items were accepted by the store and should have been there. The manager simply apologized, stating she had no idea where the coats could be. This would never happen in Macys or Saks. JC Penny did nothing to accommodate me as their long time customer. I am totally disappointed in disregard for customer service.

To whom it may concern, I was shopping earlier today at your Polaris jcpenney. I always shop there and have always enjoyed all of my purchases. I buy all of my sons clothes there my clothes and my husbands along with my home decor. I have never complained about me service at any store until now. When I went to ring out with me 60 dollar purchase the lady working the register was very rude. I showed her my coupon on the phone and my code wouldn't pull up so a nice customer came up and said she had the same coupon and let me use it. The lady gave us both a look like she was annoyed then took it. When she realized that it didn't have a code she shove the coupon back at the lady and said with a rude tone this isn't a coupon. Then when the lady realized she gave her the wrong one she gave her the right one and the cashier yanked it from her. Then after she scanned it she told me my total. When I went to pay I swiped my husbands credit card and she said with a rude tone you obviously rnt Dustin. I'm not complaining about the fact that she checked that info bc I know that's a law to check for fraud so I thank her on that but the way she talked to me was so rude I was ready to leave. Then when I pulled out my card she said well the lady left so u need to find Ur coupon so I tried finding it again ad she grabbed someone else's beside me and scanned it an just seemed very flustered. I understand it can be difficult when customers rnt ready for checkup but she was so rude that I wanted to just say forget it and leave. I am very upset with my visit and think she should be talked to bc if she is giving this to other customers a lot of them will file complaints. This will make me think about shopping there again.

Angela

It is now difficult to find a dress coat that fits me perfectly. The two men you used to have there to help the customers have been removed to other departments, or perhaps they don't work for you anymore.

It was very usefull to have these two men before when problem of matching suits and other dress utensils arose. When a collar of ashirt was too small or too long, when the color combination came for questioning; they were there to give out proper advise. Where are they now?

I ordered jeans about a month ago order. # 2012-3445-8012-5510 and called about them. I was told they should be at the store. Called the store and was told there was a problem with the order and weren't there. This is a month and no one knows where they are. I can understand the store as it should be closed how you can take away 4 registers away on one floor during Christmas is unreal to me, but now your online ordering too?

I am very dissapointed that I got up early this Black Friday morning, was nearly first in line 45 minutes before the doors opened at 6am. I had one item that I wanted to get, so the doors opened, and I rushed to find the Cooks Waffle maker for $8. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw stacks of griddles, slow cookers and toasters. Not one waffle maker in sight. I asked around and no one else could find them. I looked through the store and no one else had a waffle maker either.

I was then told at the checkout that I could purchase the item online, so I left the store dissapointed but hopeful. Only to be cruched again when I searched online and found that the clerks at the store had lied to me. I thought the term bait and switch was outlawed years ago, but I see it is alive and working great for JC Penny. I will tell all my friends about the lies and deciet at this untrustworty store. Very dissapointed in Orlando.

On 12/20/12 at about 4 p.m. my husband and I went to the Greenwood, Indiana JC Penney store (0355)to purchase new watches for Christmas. While trying on new Seiko solar battery watches, I took off my 10-year old Citizens watch and put it on the counter. The sales clerk picked up my old watch and put it in the glass case. After trying on the new watches, I asked for my old watch, and he told me that it was the store's watch. I made him check, and he agreed it was my used Citizens watch in the Seiko case, so he gave it back to me.

The next part is the really strange part of this complaint. A man suddenly appeared and stayed with my husband and I while we continued to shop for watches. We found two new Seiko watches and paid for them with a credit card and got a receipt. We asked the clerk to have them sized to fit us. He disappear with the new watches for 30 minutes while two sales ladies stood by us -- one of them rudely asking if we had paid for the watches.

Finally a clerk brought us my husband's new watch, which hadn't been sized correctly, while we again waited for the other watch. We finally got tired of waiting, returned the watch, and asked for a refund, so we could go another store in the mall and purchase new watches.

After purchasing new watches at the Helzberg jewelry store, we decided to leave the mall through the JC Penney store because we had parked behind the store, and the weather was dreadful. When we entered the JC Penney store to exit the mall, the same man who had followed us around came up to us and followed us to the back exit of the store before turning around and returning to the store.

My husband and I have shopped at JC Penney for over 40 years, and we have never been followed around the store like criminals or had to deal with incompetent and rude salespeople. This will be our last trip to JC Penney stores, and we plan to tell everyone we know about this bad experience.

I was shopping at the Avaiaton JCPenny in Glens Falls NY. I am a case manager and had ripped my pants and needed to purchase a new pair. I was standing in line at the counter and the nasty ill tempered casher Gabby, rudely informed me that I needed to stand in the correct place and nodded her head where the line formed to the right.

There was the one person she was waiting on and no one else in the deparment. If I didn't need new pants to continue my work I would have left. I have shopped in JCPennys for all my life. My curtains, bedding and clothing is 90% purchased from JCPenny. I will never shop in the JCPenny at the store again.

While shopping at JC Penny, the cashier asked me if I would like to apply for a Penny's credit card and I would receive a 20 per cent discount on the purchased items. I applied and was rejected. Since I told the cashier that there must be a mistake since my credit was excellent she said that the company would send me a letter explaining. I then received a letter saying that the credit was refused because I was listed as "deceased" by the TransUnion Credit Reporting Co.

I contacted TransUnion and they went into a denial mode. JC Penny should look into this and look for a different Credit Reporting Company to use.

My son received several gifts for Christmas from JCPenney. I went yesterday to exchange the gifts for different sizes. I didn't want a different product, just different sizes. The clerk rang up the items and processed them as returns on a gift card. When the items were purchased for my son at Christmas time they were purchased on a newly opened JCPenney account so not only were the items on sale for Christmas, there was an additional percentage taken off for the new credit card account. So the amount put on my gift card to exchange the items was less than what the products now cost. So I ended up having to pay out of pocket the difference to exchange the same items!! This is treating your customers wrong. I've closed my JCPenney account and will no longer be shopping there. I have informed my friends and family to do the same.

I have been shopping at jc penneys for years. I buy my granddaughters jeans and most clothes at the Salmon Run Mall store in Watertown NY. Yesterday I took my granddaughter who is 10 years old there to buy some jeans. There was no selection and the kids department 7-16 was mostly empty of merchandise. I mentioned this to the sales associate and she said the trend is now to be more boutique style like Macy's. As far as I'm concerned that statement was a load of crap. I told a friend of mine who also was shopping there about the statement and she said she mentioned the same thing to another sales associate and was told the low inventory was because jcpenney's wants people to shop online more. Tell me, how do you shop online alot for a growing child without the child trying on the items? Different brands size differently and don't fit all. I was just so disappointed for my granddaughter not to have any selection to choose from. I won't be shopping at jcpenney's anymore. There are plenty of other store like Kohl's that always have plenty of merchandise for children and myself. If your new plan is to get more customers, you've failed as far as I'm concerned.

At age 70, I am a lifelong customer of JCPenney's and my husband even worked for the company in NYC for 30 years. Recently we read that the company is in trouble and I must say, I am not surprised. I have just had one of the worst experiences ever trying to purchased items online. Initially, the computer invoice did not show my sale discounts so I called for help. I got what was obviously a new employee who said that she whould need to start over with the order. I said, "Okay, take your time". That turned out to be a hassle. A few days later, when nothing showed up at the door, I checked my order online and found out it had been cancelled. Nobody contacted me even though they said that they did. If they did, there was not much effort put into it because I am a shut-in, home all day. When I called again, a lady said that I "probably" had a problem with a credit card. I said, " Not possible. We pay off our bills automatically each month. There is no problem with the card, it is current and in good standing". She said call back tomorrow when the credit department is open and then gave me the wrong number so that I went around and around on the phone tree next morning and never heard a human voice. Called order department again. They said the order had been cancelled and they would need to input everything yet again. I waited. Was told that more than half of the items I had ordered were no longer available because of the delay with the order. Arrrrgh. Okay, go ahead and reorder the rest. Today, I checked the new order and find that in the transition the person ordered the wrong size on one item which will mean a trip to the store for a return by my husband. Of course, it will be a surprise if anything at all shows up, the current order says that it is being reviewed? This is pitiful. While I am venting, why don't they get a clue and put check-out desks up front where they can be found, realize that the new catalogues are useless, put some warm bodies in strategic places on the store floor so that if there is a problem, there is someone to help? Also, and most of all, please recognize that people don't like change in institutions. Penneys was always a place that you could count on to be there. Not any more and it is so sad.

My understanding is that J.C. Penney has chosen to not apologize for their support of the SNL presentation mocking Jesus Christ. I will no longer be a client of their store, and I will recommend to my friends and family that they refrain from patronizing J.C. Penney's.

My husband goes out to find us a new bed set and new sheets. I wasn't bake to be there and he so wonderfully would text me fit my opinion. After finding one we liked and he continued to shop for sheets. The entire time an overweight, short, short haired lady stands there and watched him like he was a criminal. She never offered to help.

Then once that was too much he gets to the register and a manager with the nastiest manor possible tells him she won't help him and he has to go to the other side if the store. After he does move over the manager decides she can help anyone else but my husband. She speaks right up and takes the next person walking up to her side if the registers.

I will warn all I can from going to this specific store. I'm even returning the bed set and sheet set to the store. It makes me sick to have it. Jcpenney obviously doesn't need customers to help or be courteous to. I will pay more somewhere else just so I don't have to go there.

We recieved 2 buttons before the 18th of December 2012. We came home and put them on the computer as instructed and one came up that we had won $10. No notification came up on our computer later as the $5 button we had won did. We left on the 19th for family Christmas celebrations in New Hamshire. We arrived home after the 1st of the year.

While in NH we checked the computer every day and no notification. We checked through the U.S. mail and there was no notification. My daughter also had a $10 button and we entered it in her name, Jolie Whitten. The same thing happened there. No notification that she was getting it and nothing in the mail.

What do we do to get our $10 coupons? I don't think very much of this contest/advertisment as it did not live up to its word. Thank you for taking care of this.

On December 27th, I ordered six Fiesta ivory java mug dishes. I paid with a gift card and my bank account. When my order didn't arrive by January 7th, my husband called and was told they were shipped and would be here on the 9th. Then I got an email saying the bowls I ordered were cancelled, even though I ordered mugs.

I called on the 9th to see what was happening and they said the warehouse cancelled my order because they didn't have it. I am upset that it took so long for them to realize and tell me they didn't have the order. When I expressed my disappointment,your customer service seemed like they really didn't care how I felt about the situation and did nothing to encourage me to continue to shop at Penny's.

I also have to wait two weeks to have my gift card refunded. I expected more from your store. At this point, I am not feeling as though I will shop at your store given the number of other choices I have. It would be nice if you offered something o encourage customers who are truly inconvenienced to maintain their loyalty to your store.

On 12/14/12 I received two messages that I had won $5.00 and $10.00. I claimed the winning on the same date. The response was SUCCESS and he message was that I will receive emails for my respective certificates with 48 hours. I have not received tham so far.

I do not hat the code numbers because I threw away the buttons after receiving the message that I had won.. I hope you will rush the two certificates because I want to use them for X'mas.

I'm extremely up set I feel JCP is running a scam. I have purchase item from the store through out the holiday and was given buttons for the promotion the store has going and entering without problems won on three occasions.

Today on 12/21/12 purchase more item and was given 6 buttons today and told to enter two a day until promotions is over to try to win a prize. But to my prevail upon entering the buttons it would not go through, kept saying it was entered wrong which wasn't true .

So kept entering it again exactly how it appeared as I have did several time before without problems . At this point all buttons I tried out of the six I was given wouldn't go through.

A friend of the family who works for the better business bureau said I should report it and I'm agree I'm very dissatisfied with JCP, by me not being able to enter the two buttons code I'm missing out on a possible win today, and who knows about the other four.

To whom it may concern I have recently put in my button information in for 2 buttons that were winners and was told to wait 24hrs for notification to print out and its been over a week and no email yet.

I also had an issue where I typed in my button code and it said that I was a winner to check my email and when I checked my email the notification said sorry your buttons no a winner. This has happens 3 times already.

I am a very loyal customer to JCP and the buttons are a great holiday attraction that you have going on but its gets very frustrating when you have problems occur such as this.

The last 2 times I was in the JC Penney Store in Plymouth, Indiana, I may as well have been invisible. The only thing that brought me to this store to begin with was my $10.00 coupon, but I now think the $10.00 freebie wasn't worth the unpleasant, unfriendly atmosphere. Not once in the whole time I was in the store did any clerk so much as speak, much less ask if I needed assistance with anything. I was well dressed, hair and makeup nicely done, so I know I didn't come off as a homeless indigent that couldn't afford to buy anything, anyway. The sales personnel in this store are rude, inconsiderate, and truly reflect the feeling that they don't want to be there, and they certainly don't want to be bothered with my being there. This was the case BOTH TIMES I was in the store, so it wasn't just one isolated incident. I doubt that I will bother going in this store again, even if it means losing my prized $10.00 coupon. The manager of this store should be removed if this is how the store is run.

As a credit card holder of Penny's for fifty something years I believe I qualify to make this complaint. Your Black Friday add carried Cooks appliances for $8.00 but very few people had a chance to purchase them as some peopel hoarded them. The thing about this that makes me so mad is a lot of these people turn around and sell these products for more money and make a profit while the rest of us do not even get a chane to purchase even one.

If you really want to keep regular customers I have several suggestions that would greatly help.
1. You could send coupons out to people with credit cards to purchase several at the great price.
2. You could only put a certain number out for sale each day giving more peopel a chance to purchase one.
3. You could limit the number one person can buy at a time.

I hated it whenyou did away with your catalog so I have not been doing much shoping anymore at your store,I use to do all my shopping at Pennys. I do not like standing around forever waiting to get help when trying to look for semi sheer curtains. I finally give up and either go else where or go home.

Now this latest fiasco with the Black Friday sales hs really turned people against the Penny store. Ipersonally do very litttle shopping in our Pennys store in Valley View Mall La Crosse, Wisconsin and this latest fiasco with the special COOKs appliances has really angered me. Don't be surprised to see a lot of previous customers quit shopping in you store. Your new advertising and promotion SUCKS.

I am writing today because I am beyond frustrated. Last week I placed a catalog order for a bedspread, blanket, pillow shams and drapery. On Tuesday of this week I got a phone call telling me my order was in. On my lunch hour I went down to JC Penny's to pick up my order. Apparently the more catalog order area has been discontinued, so as you know we are to go to any cashier. Sandy in the women’s area waited on me, I told her I needed to pick up a catalog order, she radioed someone and 10 minutes later they showed up. She took the slip that Sandy gave her and disappeared for another 15 minutes; coming back with only the drapes. I was then informed that the rest of my order would be on Friday. I asked why I was even called if the entire order was not it; there was no answer except an apology. I figured JC Penny doesn’t care about wasted time on my part so why would they tell me? Sandy rang up the drapes as well as everything else.

I told her that I did not receive all my order, therefore the sales receipt was incorrect. We went back and forth, Sandy was very nice but was apparently not trained to do catalog orders. I insisted that I was not signing because clearly the sales receipt showed that I received everything. She then called Janice over (apparently a catalog order expert) Janice then insisted to me that the sales order was correct, even though it clearly showed all 4 items on it. At this point another manager showed up and said it was correct and then Mark (I assume another sales person) chimed in telling me it was correct and my order would be in on Friday. I implored them to listen to me, I knew this sales receipt was incorrect, but 4 different JC Penny associates insisted it was correct. I told them that I would be back on Friday and I guaranteed them that as far as JC Penny's was concerned there would be no order coming in on Friday because as far a JC Penny's was concerned my order was delivered.

I was assured over and over that I was wrong, and by that time with quite a bit of exasperation that the order would still be coming in. Jump forward to Friday, I go in to the store on Friday, what do you suppose happened? You got it, no order. Why? because as far as JC Penny was concerned the order had been delivered. I really, really, tried to stay calm. I had Sandy who waited on me on Tuesday and was a witness to the entire fiasco call management. A really nice woman named Alicia came over. I again explained the situation. She took my receipt and disappeared. When she came back she said "you are correct, the order is not coming because we show it was delivered". I asked Alicia to talk to Sandy so that she could confirm what I was saying was correct; which she did. I now have company coming and no merchandise to finish the room.

To tell you I am frustrated is an understatement. I worked in retail management for years and I know this all comes down to lack of training on all levels. JC Penny decided to get rid of the catalog department to save money and just throws out the responsibility of it to untrained sales people. Shame on all of you at JC Penney's corporate offices. Customer service is the one thing that will keep companies thriving and JC Penny’s you have failed miserably. Alicia informed me that she would call me when they tracked down the order. Because I had already surpassed my lunch hour I conceded and left. At 2:30 pm Alicia called back to tell me that the order was not found and she would credit me for the merchandise; except for the drapes that I would need to make another trip in for to return. Again I say Shame on you; of course Mark (sales person) pointed out to me on Tuesday “JC Penny’s has been around for 110 years we will be open for another 110”. I am but one customer so I am sure the loss of my patronage won’t be missed, but I was a really good customer and for that alone you should think twice about making sure your people are trained.

I was shopping Friday in your Silverdale store for a purse. I was looking in the clearence sign areas. $15.00 and up I found a purse in this area but when I check cost it came up regular prise. When ask about it, the comment was some one must of put it there. I showed her that the area had 15 or more of purses with same name brand and only some marked . Her responce sorry someone must of put sign here and took the sign away.

Moving the 10 0r 11 that did have a mark down on it and put with another section that had a sign .. I work retail and if that was a mistake you can move it but you should offer the price that the customer found. Then I went in the jewlery area( not the expencive area) I saw a table and it said $12.00 not $12.00 and up. I pick a pair of earrings I like but those to came up $24.00.

I mention to a sales person and same responce , some one must of put them there. I showed her the table and that the sign did not have and up on it. All the earrings the same as I picked ou and others also were marked wrong. she to changed the sign over and said the stock people didn't put the right side up. There again that is miss lesding .

I fill you must not train your stock people or sales person correctly. When I worked retail if you made a mistake you should give that customer the price and then change it correctly. I am not thrilled with your new policeys.

I went to the JC Penney store at the Westroads in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday October 13 around 5:00 pm. I selected a pair of shoes to purchase. The only person at the register was helping another customer with many articles of clothing. I looked toward the men's department, saw a man folding clothes at the register. I went over to him. He called for help to check me out. I waited. Another employee came over he said he couldn't help me because he was helping another customer and also had to help someone who was on hold. Clark, the man at the register, called again. No one came again. I waited for the third call. No one came. He finally said "Someone will come eventually." I waited some more. I finally gave up and started walking away. Clark continued to fold his clothes. When I was about 30 feet away, he called for me and asked me if I still wanted the shoes. I asked him if someone was there to check me out. He said no, he wanted me to put them back. Now I left embarrassed. Penneys lost a sale and a customer.

I visited JCP store # 1960 for purchase check out at terminal 261, transaction # 8850, date 12/08/2012, time 06:57 PM, the associate who handled the transaction her Id was 0231. I had a 20% voucher that did not state that it cannot be combined with a gist card. The associate was rude and discourteous throughout the transaction.

The other associate at that terminal advised her to try it out if the system would allow using the two together. And we understand if the system did not allow BUT fortunately the system accepted it and we did see the final price due but somehow when the receipt printed out we realized that the associate voided the 20% discount without letting us know. My point is that this is cheating the customers and we don’t expect this at JCP at least.

I was sad and furious at the behavior of this associate. Moreover she refused to give us the prize button after the purchase and behaved inappropriately. I would appreciate if JCP takes appropriate action for this incidence.

I've been a decades long customer, always paid my bills on time and kept a low balance. JC Penny has been my go to when I needed a shower or wedding gift, school clothes, Christmas gifts, etc. All that comes to an end today. I probably owe them around $50. and when the next bill comes in, they get the $50. plus the cut up card.

I have used the salon at Pennys for 20+ years. Today I called for an appointment and was told that I had failed to make my last appointment and that my business was no longer wanted (IN THOSE WORDS). There was no question about why after all these years I might have missed the appointment, just this terse statement. I would never have intentionally missed the appointment, but that's really not the point. In these times you'd think that a company might want to keep their clients, not run them off. Oh well, beauty shops are nearly as plentiful as convenience stores. Their loss not mine.

I tried to call the store manager or customer rep. at this store, but you can't really talk to anyone. Try their automated phones. You can get the shoe dept. or the photographer, but no management of any kind.

So not only did it take you five months and four different cribs and dressers before I finally got one but when your delivery guys brought it to my house they tracked mud all over my brand new carpet. When I called someone I never heard back from you guys. This is ridiculous and I am extremely upset.

I made a purchase for two tool boxes from JCP. A few weeks went by and I never received them. I called and spoke with their online purchase department. I was told that my purchase was delivered to another state and they would fix the problem. A week went by and I did a follow-up call. I was then told that it was delivered to the local JCP store by mistake. I tried to get a refund. Hours and weeks later, I was unable to do get a refund from them.

The level of unprofessionalism and care for their customers was unbelievable. Each time I called, I was on the phone for nearly 2 hours. Their online customer care representatives speak little English and are located overseas. I felt like I was part of a Saturday Night Live comedy prank, where I was the victim. They kept me on the phone and avoided any attempt to help me. I asked to speak with a supervisor many times but the ladies who helped me refused and they kept giggling. It was very obvious they were helping me and playing around with co-workers at the same time.

Luckily for them, I remained calm as my purchase with them was work related using a work credit card. The business I worked for was a law enforcement agency. I passed the issue on to another co-worker to handle and she experienced the same exact problems. Her attempts went on for two weeks.

The issue was never resolved. The purchase was approximately $40 and the cost it took two employees to try to resolve the issue with JCP was nearly $1000.

I understand businesses try to save money, but a large corporation such as JCP should have better oversight to ensure their customers are decent customer service. In my experience with JCP, I will never make another purchase with them again.

A few months later, I overheard my supervisor sharing her weekend experience with JCP and how frustrated she was with them. She had purchased a lawn mower from JCP. She said she was on the phone with their customer service people for over two hours and was also unable to resolve her issues.

I was in the window coverings department today in the JCPenny in Modesto, Ca. and I was completely appauled at the working conditions that your employee had to endure to give me an estimate on a window covering. The computer monitor is embedded in a big table, which cannot be moved at all, and the keyboard that she used to type the information on is about 6 or 7 inches lower which forced her to do the task in a bent over position, straining her back. REALLY? She had no chair to sit and I'm sure it was very uncomfortable, especially for 8 hours. Please reconsider her welfare and give her better working conditions.
Also, I was so dissappointed in the changes your company has made to your furniture department. There is really no choices in furniture anymore. J C Penney in Modesto used to have a really nice furniture dept. with lots of options and choices. So dissappointing.

I have won four times in your button promotion. One was just tonight so not enough time yet to see if it is messed up too but out of my wins I have only received one certificate to use. I never received a $5.00 and a $10.00 winning certificate.

Dear Jcpenney employees, I am not happy because my friend purchased two bras from your store in Westfield Gallaria, Roseville, and the cashier forgot to take off the tag or whatever you call it that cannot be removed by customers. I lives in Rocklin, which is some ways from the Gallaria.

My husband and myself have shopped at the JcPennys store in the destiny mall in syracuse ny for several weeks and recieving buttons 2 each to enter on line. We have had over 30 buttons come back saying this code was already used .we are extremely upset as you should be that the only explaination for this is that the employess are taking the buttons ,setting up numerous e-mail accounts and recieving rewards that are ment for paying customers.

In my hometown cortland ny,about 1/2 hour away from syracuse 1 out of 6 buttons were a winner,and NOT 1 ever came back as code already used. I am beyond upset at the thought of these employees are ripping off Jcp ,and that they are so good at hiding things no one will ever find out. It is obvious that their jobs arnt that important after all to them.Hopefully there can be a solution to this problem ,thank you.

And I have to go back just to get them removed. I understand that Holidays are very busy and this kind of things happen more. But it is really inconvenient to the customers and it does no good to your reputation, right?

I am sure I completed each stage as directed. I did receive one $10.00 certificate and tonight I won another $10.00 and was told I would receive the certificate within 48 hours. I hope it works this time. Can I still get the certificates I won?

I received two jcp buttons that said codes were already used.

• 4w2nfyv
  • frahq3n

I received them from the Eastern Hill Mall Williamsville New York. Also was told I could only receive one button for two different purchases. I shopped at JCP today Blvd Mall Store and was told store was all out of buttons.

Won a 10.00 certificate. Ever time I tried to claim and print certificate out it said the certificate would be sent to me through e-mail but never received it. I tried retrieving certificate several different times with the same result. Also two of the buttons I received from the store had already been entered by someone else.

Finally when I last tried the e-mail telling me I had won disappeared completely. Didn't get a thing. Believe that Pennys should honor what they say they will. Have been a loyal customer for more than 40 years.

I have been a JCP customer for years. Enjoyed and purchased merchandise often. My local store which is one of the originals is one I enjoyed shopping in even though it didn't seem it could provide everything due to it's size. It's had some ups and downs in merchandising my needs, but when I visited there a few weeks ago I was pleasd to see how tiddy the racks looked and DISMAYED to discover the lack of merchandising for what I believe to fit our area. Pendleton has virtually not department stores save Walmart for clothing etc. now even JCP doesn't provide even a little of what I ight be looking for on a shopping trip. Don't get me wrong, the employees are excellent.

The store no longer has what I want. When I asked if you carried plus size clothes, I was told no but they could order it for me. I can order that myself. I don't generally shop for clothes online - very few things for that matter. Here's the Christmas season on us and I'll have to drive 75 miles to shop at a JCP store that might have what I'm looking for. Sad, but I don't think the store will make it on it's current marketing plans. Maybe you should become a BIGGER (not smaller) store in Pendleton and buy the now vacant Bank of America Building. For sure Pendleton could use a nice big department store. Anyway, I'm sorely disappointed in the Pendleton's store's direction.

I ordered a pendant on the 27th of November, and today on the 12th of December they sent me an email saying my pendant was no longer available because the manufacturer no longer had the piece. I just think it's a joke that they had to wait two weeks to inform me about a piece they no longer had, I spent some time looking over the internet and found that many people are having the same problems. I'm furious because this was something I picked out for my girlfriend and bypassed any other website to do a purchase. Now I'm probably going to have pay extra for a piece of jewelry and rush delivery so it doesn't get lost in the Christmas shipping. Jcpenney is a pathetic company and has no respect for their customers, and they seem to not care.

On October 9, 2012 at approximately 1:00pm I visited your Victorville location. I was purchasing a pair of jeans and was helped by a lady named Cynthia (great customer service from her). Not realizing that I was paying with cash and a gift card she swiped my gift card and asked for my credit card, I explained I didn't have it and was paying cash she said she would help me at the register as she couldn't take cash with the hand held computer. The gift card wouldn't work at the new computer and the manager that came over to help was RUDE. He wouldn't look at me, he was rude to Cynthia and he has NO customer service skills. She asked if he could just issue another gift card to complete the transaction and he huffed off.

About 10 minutes later a female manager stomped up and handed me another gift card & without even saying a word she turned and stomped off. Cynthia kept apologizing over and over throughout the entire 45 minutes I was trying to pay. I was so mad that I said cancel the order and was going to leave. At that time the first male manager calls Cynthia and says "get the gift card back" I heard him because I was still standing there. I've been a very loyal customer for over 45 years. I'm not sure I will ever return to another JC Penney again. I cannot believe the way the management treats not only the customers but the employees at the Victorville location.

I have bought most of my dress clothing at J.C.P. for years but the new direction your company has taken has taken me elsewhere. Today I received an offer from JCP to receive cash rewards for qualifying purchases but I won't be buying from JCP because when you decided to get into the culture war by hiring Ellen Degeneres and by advertising with controversial and offensive ads, I decided to take my business elsewhere. I contacted you way back when and you never even responded. That's speaks volumes! You had rather lose customers as to stay out of the culture wars. You must know that many, many of your clientele are offended at your new marketing strategies. It amazes me that you would offend the masses to cater to the minorities. That is not inclusiveness. That is business suicide! Anyway, I wanted to try one more time because I really liked JCP mens clothing but I can live without it rather than be offended by your in your face marketing strategies.

Lost my favorite sunglasses that I purchased from jcpenney (Dyersburg TN). Went in store to purchase another pair and was told they pulled the display because it was a seasonal item. Whats up with that? The sun shines most days in Tennessee and I need sunglasses year round! Anyway I did purchase a pair at a totally different store. Problem is they need to keep that rack in the store year round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does not take up that much space!

There is the one person at Jcpenney in Panama City Fl that really left a bad taste in my mouth. Her name is Tammy with red hair and she is a true witch. She spoke down to me like I was nothing about my reward coupon and she said her smart comments in front of other peoples as if she was trying to set me straight. How dare you Jcpenney for allowing employees to treat no longer a valuable customer in such a way.

I am so upset with J.C,Penny's. They stopped giving to their customers.Then they give everything to Ellen Degeneres. to give to every one in her audience .They have given thousands for her to give away and.I think they should realize no one buys anything I have not bought anything or have my friends, because.Their customers deserve extras,not strangers.Why do they give it all to Ellen.It is not right.I think this is terrible. Thank You Marlene Strauss

I was very disappointed to hear that you no longer sell Cabin Creek pants for women. I have always bought these pants. I am a teacher and the pants were classy and wore great. Please bring them back to the catalogue to be purchased. I can not find any pants that fit me like the Cabin Creek. I know you have received complaints on this item, but I do not know why you have ignored your customers. I only buy a few items from JC Penny, but I buy a number of items for my grandchildren.

I now do not have a reason to visit your store because what brought me into JC Penny is gone. So, I will take my business elsewhere. It took me a few years to locate the Cabin Creek pants, but I have been wearing them for over 10 years --I bought around 2o pants a year in a variety of colors --I only have a few wearable ones left--do not know what I am going to do without these pants--I have tried other brands but they are too long or too big---just very dissatisfied with JC Penny.

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for my new glasses and was told they would call me when the glasses came into the store. I had to call them long distance to inquire where were my glasses. The person who answered the phone said that they were in a box and had not got around to calling their customers. I have been without glasses for 2 weeks. I have a business and am very unhappy with your customer service in the optical department. My neighbor also ordered glasses the same day because her glasses were broken and has been waiting for a call. I was told that her glasses were in the same box and that they had not tried to call her yet too. My neighbor works on Saturday's and Mondays so we can't come get the glasses till tuesday. I have no idea how long the glasses were sitting at the optical department. If they would have called we could have come to the store and picked up our glasses on Friday the 28th of Sept. I will not recommend your optical department with its poor customer service.

Hi i was in jcpenny 2 days ago in alma mi took my step daughter school cloths shopping they wouldnt let me use my husbands card but 2 weeks before that i used it to get my other daughters cloths with no problems same store in alma mi and used it at all the other stores
I know its stoe policy not to let other people use there jcpenny card if there names not on it we know that and my husband works soooo many more hours like 80 a week to call the number and put my name on it but. Legal by law i owen half of what my husband has even his cards already talked to local police i use his cards all the time with no problems at all just the jcpenny sotre in alma i even showed the lady my marrige licence and couldnt use it my husband has been a costomer for 6 years but he did say that after all the stuff we bought there your company does that including haaving my wedding regitry there last year so we are done with jcpenny after we pay the card its being canceled the lady was rude about it after i swipped the card she wanted to see it and i didnt realize that that was just so she could tell me i couldnt use it and also had the nerve to complain cause it wasnt signed on the back it hadent been. Signed for 6 years lots of people do that and yes i did argue with them i was so mad after spending 130 dollars one one kid and we have 3 so we spent 300 on all that lady should be fired i am his wife and will never use that store again and neither will my husband i hope someone does something cause ill put bad reviews up all over thanks julie spindler

OrI recently was at my local JC Penney store and surprised to see so few associates working there. If your new way of doing things was eliminating jobs that is sad. There was only one cashier on the entire floor. I must say the woman went out of her way to help me but what does your new way of running the company have todo with helping the economy. I really like Ellen and good pick for spokes person but she is for helping people not eliminating jobs and further hurting our economy. Also the merchandise we all loved appears to be disappearing. Very sad for a company that has been part of the USA for so long. You really need to get in touch with the average consumer and ask for advise.

I rarely bother with these contests but thought I'd give this one a shot - entering the codes for the two buttons I received when making a purchase at JC Penney's last week. The print on the back of the buttons is so ridiculously small, I struggled to read them. And I'm relatively young with decent eyesight!

I then went through 6 or 7 attempts at the Captcha entries which were ridiculously difficult to interpret. Finally got kicked off and told that one can only enter a limited number of buttons a day. I never actually accomplished entering one!!! Ugh. Great - I see the Captcha box at the end of this complaint so I'm guessing this won't ever go through either.

What's the deal with the buttons?? I only got two, then wasted my time on the internet to find out the I'm not a winner! There's nothing about that that makes me want to go back and shop for more just to have the same disappointment of losing again. What was wrong with doing the survey and getting a percentage of next purchase? At least we were guaranteed savings. Change isn't always good...

I purchased 2 shirts on 11/23/2012 and received 2 buttons and instructions to submit the numbers to enter a rewards contest. The 2 numbers were awgfz3x and 4pjb4xc and I entered both numbere and for one number it said that i would get a 5 dollar coupond and the other said that i would receive a 10 dollar coupon. I receive a email with the 5 dollar coupon and still have not received the 10 dollar coupon. Please advise if your are going to honor you email responses.

Neil Conner

I got up early and waited in line on Black Friday to get the appliances advertised in the Black Friday ad. The appliances were the "doorbuster item". I was excited because I knew it would be worth it and I was there early enough that there was no way they would be sold out. I planned on getting some clothes on sale as well AFTER I got my appliance and put them in the car (my main objective was to get a waffle iron, griddle, toaster and coffee maker). At exactly 6 am they let us in and I raced around the store trying to find them.

I found an associate and asked her where they were. She replied "We didn't get any. Only the big stores received appliances". I was so mad I left without even looking at the clothes. In fact, I am so mad I will no longer shop there, although I have been a faithful JC Penney customer for a while. I think the ad should have specified that not all stores would receive these items. The Yankton, SD store I was at should have, at the very least, put a sign up letting everyone know that these items would not be available. At least then I would not have wasted my time standing in line. I think it was an intentional fraudulent ad. They may have gotten me there with those tactics but they lost a customer by doing it.

I purchased a set of polyester/cotton sheets with 4 pillocases in king size from a JCPenney outlet store. I did not have a receipt but think that the sheets were approximately 6 months old. I have sheets in my home currently that are 20 years old that do not look as bad as the ones I am compaining about. My husband has a beard and I assume that is the reason that the pillowcases look shredded! There are also multiple catches on the sheets themselves. I believe that the sheets are defective, but I did not get any satisfaction from the outlet store nor the regular store. I think compensation is needed in the form of a coupon for a set of king sized sheets !!! Thank you in advance for resolution of my problem.

Ordered 6 new towels and wash cloths, received a call merchandise was in, upon arrival to pick it up, I was given 12 washcloths and no towels, the rest backordered, when they looked at the backorder there were another 12 wash cloths and no towels, the system had changed the order to wash cloths only. Ordered Royal Velvet towels and was receiving JCP Home, talked to the manager and she went into the system and cancelled the remaining wash cloths and I returned the 12 there. Purchased towels and wash cloths at the store, 21 weeks later, received phone call stating my merchandise had arrived, the 12 wash cloths that was cancelled.

Have feedback for J.C. Penney?