MetLife Customer Service

Contact MetLife Corporate

Toll free phone number: 212-578-2211

Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in short MetLife is among the largest company into insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, with 90 million customers in over 60 countries. MetLife’s individual life insurance products and services comprise term life insurance and several types of permanent life insurance, including whole life, universal life, and final expense whole life insurance. The company also offers group life insurance, provided through employers, which consists of term life, permanent life, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.

MetLife is the largest life insurer in the United States, based on life insurance in-force. MetLife's CEO is Steve Kandarian he's also served as the company's chairman of the board and president. If you have a problem and need to contact the corporate headquarters, the address is1095 Avenue of the Americas in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.

As in many large, public corporations, MetLife has a compensation committee which establishes compensation levels for the company's senior executives. MetLife compensation emphasizes variable performance-based compensation over fixed or guaranteed pay. MetLife has a diverse product mix which included insurance home, car and life variable life annuities and structured settlements, commercial mortgages and securities backed by commercial mortgages, and sovereign debt.

Common complaints filed again MetLife’s individual life insurance products and services comprise term life insurance and several types of permanent life insurance, including whole life, universal life, and final expense whole life insurance. MetLife offers group dental benefit plans for individuals, employees, retirees and their families and provides dental plan administration for over 20 million people and many other services under their bucket now stands as the single largest company.

MetLife Contact Information

212-578-2211

24 hours a day online

Browse reviews of other Life Insurance

Top MetLife Complaints

WORST TELEPHONE REPS FROM THE USA EVER! RUDE WOMEN. WASTED 1.5 HOURS OF MY TIME TODAY FOR A SIMPLE MATTER. I WOULD NEVER BUY A PRODUCT FROM MET LIFE! STAY AWAY! HORRIBLE COMPANY!

I called in just for a quote and Met life started taking money out of my check for a policy that should have never been started. Then I got the run around about me refund spoke with 10 different people and no one had the right answer they all where giving me different dates for my refund and no one could explain why Met-life took out the payment.

Horrible customer service. I was told following receipt of a letter dated April 23rd that I would be receiving a packet within six to eight weeks
so that I could begin collecting on a pension set up for me by my employer. It is now July 12th and when I called earlier this evening,
the customer service representative said that he could not find any record of a packet at all. I would NOT recommend doing business with
this company at all.

I'm a single mother that's trying me best to work and support my family. I can't buy food for my household I have used all my 401k trying to pay my rent. I'm unable to live just paying MetLife along. They take my whole check. They were supposed to take $977.90 i spoke to miss Bridgette on 03/12/18 @ 10:59 am a nice employee. out my account I called my bank they try taking out a thousand and some dollars that weren't the agreement. EVERY two weeks my account is negative $700 and some dollars. They canceled me I thought I had food money to buy grocery they ask me for $350.00 I'm scared lost but just work and give them what they ask for. I know you don't care about my family issue but please I beg you to get me on track I need one set amount I'm trying not get a cancellation but I need one set monthly payment are for it to come out my check as before. One rude male employees from MetLife told me to keep the money in my account. He had no right to tell anyone that I ask you to listen to all record conversation. Now they told me on 03/18/2018 there taking out again my current balance is $2,537.00 I cant afford this need a loan to get food in my house now. I need one set payment know cancellation, I have asked for help they ask for son report card set in that no deduction. I know I need insurance but everyone it's a different price for me. I'm unable to live it's getting so bad I'm about to have the cars repossessed. If I get a cancellation now I have to pay DMV and MetLife. PLease, I renew in June take out $500.00 I have to eat, pay rent, bills are since I filled out the form for payroll deduction take out $250.00 every two weeks. I have to survive. My twenty-four-year-old son was helping me but he's a survival from Oct 1, 2017, shooting he's not working that many hours. My account now is $769.39 I'm scared if I don't have money in the account as the employee of MetLife ask he might cancel my insurance. Please tell me what can I do to get a set payment? $500.00 a month are $250.00 every two weeks. its depression to see 0 on a check after working day after day. I need groceries, pay my power bill, water bill, and gas bill. Need transportation. I have been with MetLife for a while. in 2015-2016 not sure what year I was working every day midlife drooped me unexpectedly I called they asked me to pay $1600 dollars I said for what? You're not working we stop deducting from your pay role I didn't ask you how did you think I was on FMLA when I worked Every day they just didn't check. so I paid $700.00 no problem they started taking from my check every two weeks. but now they make me pay all these payments to fill out a form for payroll deduction. No one apologized either for not checking to see that I was working nor from unexpectedly drooped my payroll deduction. Now I have accepted the rudeness from the employee and I'm trying to have money in my account as the employee requested but MetLife the only bill getting paid. My apartment wants $3 thousand and some dollars. don't have 401k I have run out of option unable to call home my mother passed away four years ago. I so depressed behind this I focused on losing my cars are speaking to that employee again asking me this time what happen we couldn't deduct the money. spoke 05/08/2018@ 12:45pm

Greetings , First of all ,every single representatives I have spoken to have been more than respectful and patient,, My Complaint is in reference to my 401a & 403b pension plan. I am currently receiving 1.56% interest on my 100% MetLife Guaranteed Asset Account . Back in 2004 I was receiving 3.1% 2007 3.75% and from there is continually dropped to 1.56% My plan # is 1009609-01 , With the stock market constantly breaking records this does not make sense to any of us, Can you please look into this something is Very Wrong,,.. Thanking You in Advance, John F. McCarthy

I spent a whole day trying to access my account information because I needed to make a change to my auto insurance policy. I couldn't log into my account so I called customer service. I selected the call back option from their automated line. A few minutes later my cell rang but when I answered no one was on the line. That happened three times. I called customer service again. I was told there was a technical issue with their website and the representative offered me a "password that would work" to get into my account TOMORROW. I told her I needed to make a change TODAY because the automatic payment could go through as soon as tomorrow. She told me she couldn't help me make any changes and transferred me to another department. After giving them all of my personal information, I was told I had the wrong department and had to be transferred again. After I was transferred another customer service rep kept saying "hello" like she couldn't hear me. I called back again and spoke to someone who couldn't find any of my information in their system. Then he asked how I purchased my policy. I was again told that I had the wrong department and they couldn't help me over the phone. He gave me an email address and told me it could take 3 to 5 business days for a response. I explained the situation but he couldn't help. He then told me I was trying to access my policy through the wrong MetLife website. He gave me the internet address for another website. I went to that website and still can't access my account. Finally, I sent an email and an online complaint form but that won't help because it could take days to solve a simple problem. By then, my bank account will be debited. At this point, I just want to cancel my insurance with this company. I'm right back at Step 1 after wasting a whole day trying to contact someone in customer service that could help me. I would have been satisfied had I been able to simply access my own account online. This is the second time I've gotten this kind of run around. I can never access my policy information and I can never get a straight answer or a direct solution. I'm finished with MetLife Auto. They want to take my money every month but seem to offer nothing in return. I can't even access a printout of my insurance information and they haven't sent me any contract or paperwork in the mail. There's something really shady about the way this company does business.

I was paying my car insurance bill this morning the customer service lady Joyce tell me to hold on for 7_8min and then come back with a confirmation number and i then ask her what happened she applied this is how we do stuff i asked her to speak with a supervisor and she hang up what kind of service is this.

I had surgery on my foot on 9/5/17. Due to complications my FMLA was exhausted. I called to request personal leave and was told it was taken care of and wasn't. For one I lost my job being told by employer my personal leave denied even though wasn't filed. This being said its frustrating enough that first-time ever I was fired due to complications with surgery but more frustrating is the fact I have to continually wait to be paid. As of today. This coming Tuesday will be 3 weeks no check. First.. Told not sure what happened but be mailed asap.. It's Saturday.. No check this week and now I'm waiting again.. Last time I got paid was November 14. Today is December 2nd. How are people supposed to pay bills.. Buy food.. Etc.. I'm sorry but it's getting ridiculous it takes this long to receive a check. I'm patient but not at this rate.. I feel like I'm unimportant and my needs don't matter at all. If this is how short term is going to be..not sure it's worth the stress and disappointment anymore .

I am the broker for Lauderdale Marina in FT Lauderdale, FL.(Grp # 05543678) Renewal is DEC 1, 2017. I need to add a PPO plan as a second plan to their current coverage that will include ortho/braces for children. I have left a message for I. Wood 2 weeks ago...no response. Finally talked/email to Kristin Iovino and last I heard from her was last week telling me the computers are down. I have called her twice this week and emailed her - no response.

MetLife provides office phone numbers...unless someone has given you an extension # which never happens....you cannot reach anyone. If you dial O...it tells you no one is available and disconnects. No one seems to answer their published cell or return calls. What kind of service/support is this? There are only 3 working days left this month.

Either I need to hear back from someone at MetLife to provide this client with the service they need or look for another carrier. . It is your choice?

Pat Price
cell 954-614-2900

My wife was involved in a accident caused by your insured cutomer Susan Ray. For a month Met Life would not repair my vehecile until your client was connected. Your agent that handled the case never returned any of my wifes calls. Our insurance company Farmers Insurance had the repairs made. For the duration of repairs we had to rent a car out of our own pocket. We finally received compensation for car rent. we only received payment for one week rental. We feel the whole situation was unfair from beginning to end . We would like to reimbursed for the second week of car rental. Thankl you

I have had a life insurance policy with Met Life since 1987. Have been receiving a statement every year showing the current value and other pertinent information. The last few years it has been impossible to get this statement sent to me. Have spoken with various people about this situation, and still nothing from corporate.

I am a Kroger employee who is disabled. I bought Long Term Disability insurance through MetLife. When I first went out on disability, MetLife's representative denied my claim. After over two month, hundreds of phone calls to both my employer and MetLife customer service, I spoke to a supervisor (just as my wife and I were about to be evicted for not being able to pay our rent) a new case manager was appointed to my case.

I never did get an apology from MetLife corporate. Upon application for Long Term Disability, I was forced to obtain additional copies of my medical records because Long Term Disability is in a different division than Short Term Disability. They denied my application and an appeal was filed on my behalf. When the same refusals to answer questions, refusals to return phone calls, and non-available claim managers I asked my attorney to contact MetLife.

Once MetLife realized I had an attorney, they refused to return my attorney's phone calls, refused to call my attorney, attempted to circumvent my art by calling me directly, etc. Essentially, they ran out the clock, then told me that my only recourse was to call Kroger. Kroger says there's nothing they can do without an official appeal which is only available on the employee website, which I can no longer access.

Negative infinity start rating for Metlife customer service. This is the worst experience of my life and I work with insurance companies every single day. The employees don't understand English and will not let you escalate to someone in America to help. I strongly recommend anyone change if they have the choice. I waited on hold to speak with someone in support for 20 minutes, I was going crazy.

My mother was insured with Met Life. She died 12 years ago and I called Met Life at that time. I was looking at unclaimed properties and several accounts with my mother's appeared. Met Life sent these accounts to the state. I now have to go through the unclaimed property process. Thanks a lot Met Life management, your service sucks. Oh and I was told if I needed insurance to be sure to call. You've got to be kidding.

I was in an accident with a Metlife auto insurance carrier on 5/27/16. I obtained an estimate, as advised to do by MetLife claims adjuster, Wanda Ahrens. After a week without receiving payment I contacted this agent and she had the wrong address because no one thought to verify the correct spelling of the address. She canceled the check and stated that a new one was issued and sent out. When a week went by without payment and I paid out of pocket for repairs, I contacted Wanda and she gave me a date that the check was sent out. After 2 weeks and still no check, I just called today and spoke with another agent who advised that "someone" dropped the ball and a check was never sent out. I am very annoyed with how incompetent these people are and how nonchalant this Wanda Ahrens is because of course it was not her car that was in an accident.

I am the owner of a cancer center in Cairo, Egypt. I wrote an official complaint against MetLife health insurance office in Cairo since 3 weeks, concerning their delay in paying my invoices and many other problems, but unfortunately I didn't receive any answers up till now. I am sure that if I didn't receive any response from customer service, I am going to sues this company.

I am consultant of clinical oncology in Cairo University, Egypt and the owner of a cancer center in Cairo. I signed a contract with metlife health insurance branch in Cairo since December 2014, by which I treat cancer patients in my center and send their invoice to metlife office in Cairo to receive their values within 45 days as stated in the contract. Unfortunately this never happens. I usually receive my money after at least 70 days of sending them, with no clear explanation or answer for this usual delay.

I even tried repeatedly to contact the CEO of metlife (Mr Rafik Samy) through his secretary asking her to arrange an appointment with Mr Rafik to discuss this usual delay in payments or even to give me his email for sending an official written complain, but all my trials failed completely. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone responsible in Cairo office to discuss with him these unexplained delay in payments. Which I am sure this nonprofessional atmosphere will affect the mutual cooperation between us which in turn will be reflected on the patients and on your image as one of the leading companies of medical insurance in Egypt.

I have tried to cancel my car insurance/rental insurance with them on several occasions, but they keep taking out and sending me bills stating that they are going to continue to send the bill to me until I pay. My name is Annette Hayes, lives in Jackson, TN. I tell you to cancel my insurance that is exactly what I meant. Please assist me in this matter because the MetLife complaint line will not. I stated to close my account about 3/4 weeks ago. Nobody at the corporate office will return my phone calls, maybe I should go see them.

I have a complaint about MetLife as an Alabama power retired person. I had life insurance with metlife for a long time, when I retired. MetLife was the worst life insurance company that I had contact with, and the time to get a price was two long. The agents on hwy.280 alabama that were giving to me were non helpful. I got insurance from protective life for a lower rate and a less time to get quote. Metlife needs to improve on the process of life insurance for retires. I'm telling all my working friends at my work place to seek other life insurance companies.

I was approved for short term disability (less than one year) in 2014 with MetLife. As the weeks went by, I had to submit more paperwork justifying my disability. Each time, I was approved. Approximately four months ago, Met Life told me that I should not have been approved and stopped my payments. Today, I received a letter from them saying that I must repay the benefits they paid out to me because their representative made a mistake and I should never have been approved. I am now being held accountable for over $30,000. I am in the process of retaining a lawyer. If I needed supplemental short term disability insurance in the first place, how can I possibly pay back what they say I owe them? By the way Met Life assets are appoximately $739 BILLION. My complaint could go on and on but I digress for now.

I have been a member of MetLife for a number of years now as it is a good program for the elderly. I received a cancellation notice in the mail on April 21, 2015. I did not request this cancellation and was surprised in getting it. I called the company the very day I received the notice. The operator was very rude and completely unprofessional. She did not help me one bit saying that there was nothing that could be done about reversing the cancellation! Is this how your company treats their senior citizens?!?! I am very disappointed in the way the staff at MetLife treated me and just cancelled my plan with no warning or discussion with me! I have never missed a payment so this type of behavior is unwarranted!!

I got the best quote for my retirement plan in MetLife and really grateful to the advisory committee. MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more. It has individual plans, group plans, child plans, online sales, financial advisory portals and also NAV tracker available for us. You can be a advisor for privileged customers if you are interested in. Do login to MetLife website, register your account and get the complete details , service alerts online.

Have feedback for MetLife?