AIG Customer Service

Contact AIG Corporate

Toll free phone number: 212-770-7000

AIG, American International Group (www.aig.com) is an American multinational insurance company for commercial, institutional and personal use. With over 65,000 employees in 90 countries AIG is publicly traded on the NYSE:AIG. There are 88 million customers located in over 130 countries. Operating income was reported as US 10.5 billion in 2014.

If you need to contact AIG corporate office, you may call 212-770-7000 for claims or 212-770-7072 for data. You may also submit an email here. If you would like to contact CEO, Peter Hancock, you may address postal correspondence to 70 Pine Street, 180 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038.

AIG was founded in 1919 In Shanghai, China. After opening branches in SE Asia and Latin America founder Cornelius Vander Starr moved AIG headquarters to New York City. An interesting history of the company may be found here. Social media presence may be found on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ and YouTube.

AIG Contact Information

212-770-7000

Weekdays 9 am to 5:45 pm, except public holidays

Browse reviews of other Life Insurance

Top AIG Complaints

I am a disabled Veteran whom (during the month of April, had undergone a culmination of back surgery and fusion procedures. When purchasing my tickets, I purchased the insurance policy in the case that the complication would prevent me from attending my Mother's 75th Birthday in November.

Lo and behold, while being under consult for surgical problems with the Neurology Department at the VA Medical Center in Portland, Oregon, was totally contradictory from the lists of medical conditions listed on the online AIG complaint form. To put it colloquially, "There was not a listing for surgery let alone surgical complications, so I had to put it under the umbrella of sickness.

To make matters worse, I received an email from a worker who for whatever reason can seem to answer nor respond to phone messages. Yet, this worker can quickly respond in the most impersonal way--electronically.

Because I am a Disabled Veteran undergoing complications, I am neither working nor do I live beyond my means. I really believed that by purchasing the "travel guard policy" people would honor as well as do right by me the consumer. Obviously, I held your company to a level that is both unwarranted and not to mention unrealistic. To be quite honest, the overall experience of dealing with your quickly espoused "policies" as well as Ms. Valdez, agent handling my claim was as equally dubious as it was dishonest and disconcerting.

So, for someone who has undergone 20 major surgeries within a short time span, the price of the nonrefundable ticket does come at a heavy cost.

If there is a person, (and yes that too goes to the CEO of the company) who is actually willing to rise up and perform both the righteous and honorable solutions; than without holding my breathe, I do hereby welcome it. Thank you for your time in reading my complain Mr. CEO.

Regards,

Mr. Williams

I was contacted by Leanne Drollinger ,AIG Claims Adjuster Ph.715-345-8228 F.1-715-295-1113 leanne.drollinger@aig.com regarding Claim Number: UC8100736840, Policy Number: 92360750, Trip Dates: 4/2/2018 through 7/23/2018, Date of Loss: 5/19/2018 . She requested a copy of the paid trip invoice, after sending the emails with documents attached to email she provided 2 times (June 26th and July 6th ), Email was sent to me 3rd time (July 18th)with following info: "At this time, your claim will be temporarily closed until additional documents are submitted at which time the claim can be reopened and reviewed." Then I had sent the email 3rd time with attached documents she requested and I asked her for confirmation that she received the documents . No confirmation was sent so far , I also tried to contact her via phone she provided , looks like she never answers the phone ( called 2 times , left the message with my phone number - nothing!!!!) I'm very disappointed with how AIG is handling the claim. Please contact me with any questions via email: janusz74@yahoo.com
Regards
Janusz Kuzma

To the Attention of CEO

Mr. Peter Hancock:
Thank you for addressing this message. My wife and I have contacted your customer service department on multiple occasions regarding our accounts with AIG. Each time we discover that somehow paperwork and checks for payments are either loss, misplaced, or unknown as to why we are not receiving the caring customer service expected from AIG. I will forgo listing all the accounts here for security reasons, however, please inquire on our accounts and messages hopefully on system regarding them. Please review phone call on February 12, 2018 in particular. We have even received 1099R form for payments never received with tax consequences. We realize as an executive you are very busy in your daily activities associated with AIG. However, I personally as a retired executive of a business, know that the companies image and brand are vcritical to success and when something requires attention from customers, it became a priority. Our names which we ask you to review accounts that specifically matured in 2017 and 2018 are David R Hulsopple and Virginia R Hulsopple. Our phone numbers are on your company records. Thank you again for receiving this concern about AIG operatingconcerns to their customers. Thank

AIGs international presence has attracted over 88 million customers world wide in over 100 countries. But their customer service still needs work! I wanted to sign up for a policy with AIG but the website was not working for me while traveling in business to India.

One of the leading insurance organizations, they have always brought in different products that have always proven to be trustworthy and carry dedication to their customers. But when I had a problem recently, I wrote a formal complaint letter to the headquarters in Hong Kong.

If you are curious, the address is AIG Insurance Hong Kong Limited 46/F, One Island East, 18 Westlands Road, Island East, Hong Kong. When that failed miserably, I tried the contact number listed for international and USA on the website +852 3555 0000.

AIG should be held responsible as they have various insurance coverages like travel Insurance, domestic worker protection, Working holiday insurance, and golf insurance. Next time I am upset with my policy, I am going to escalate this to the CEO, Peter D. Hancock.

I have an AIG insurance policy that payment is due quarterly. I opted not to have message sent to me by e mail regarding my payments. I have asked for a paper billing quarterly to be sent to my address. All phone calls said they would send out in a week. It is now a month on the 3rd call for this payment due Feb 14. Who can get action on this if not corporate? Has anyone found a good way to file a complaint online against AIG and get satisfaction? My insurance policy number ommaoo5568. I submitted check to company address and no response. I want a response but mail please. I don't use email anymore. Looking for an answer.

I have cancelled my vehicle insurance with AIG in Dubai, UAE. I was supposed to receive my refund back within one week as per their customer service, which they have stated on an email. It has been a month for now, and I have not received the refund from the corporate offices. They do not reply to my emails anymore either. They do not answer my calls to support.

It is the worst customer experience that has ever happened to me since in moved to Dubai six years ago, and I hope that people understand what type of company this is. If you happen to have the claims department address I would appreciate it. After hours of searching on their website www.aig.com I have not yet found a number that has a human answering on the other line. There are only robots and long waits.

Sometimes expect the unexpected in terms of accidents and we would definitely look out for an insurance that could cover this. AIG helps provide such insurance coverage.I opted for AIG as they also cover Life Insurance, retirement plans, accidental and health insurance and have some great plans on mutual funds. The customer care at AIG have provided me complete details on which insurance coverage is the best for me and my family and I have got a clear understanding on the policies.

Have feedback for AIG?