American Family Customer Service

Contact American Family Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-692-6326

American Family Insurance www.amfam.com is privately owned and focuses on property, casualty and auto insurance but also offers commercial, health, life, homeowners and retirement planning. It is comprised of 14 insurance companies and has over 7500 employees. In 2014 revenues were reported as US 7.45 billion.

If you need to contact an associate you may call 1-800-692-6326. You may also find Contact information here. To send postal correspondence to CEO, Jack Salzwedel, address him at the corporate office address of 6000 American Parkway, Madison Wisconsin 53783.

Herman Wittwer started a small insurance company in 1927. He wrote policies for farmers because he thought they were better risks than city drivers and they usually didn’t drive in inclement weather. The name Farmers Mutual was changed to American Family Insurance in 1963. Social presence may be found on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube.

American Family Contact Information

• American Family headquarters address

• 6000 American Parkway
    • Madison
    • WI 53783

1-800-692-6326

Browse reviews of other Auto Insurance

Top American Family Complaints

After talking with American Family Underwriters today, I was informed that as of 4-10-18 my husband, Jeff Miller, requested that I be deleted from our auto insurance coverage without my consent or being notified of such change. Mark Lightner is the agent who has initiated this change. The new policy states Jeff Miller as the only insured driver. Therefore, I am daily driving a 2017 Acura without being listed as an insured driver. I would like my name reinstated and my daughter's name reinstated on the auto policy until this matter is resolved. I am hoping to resolve this without contacting the Missouri Department of Insurance. The court has order, Jeff Miller, to pay for insurance coverage while the car is in my possession. If this is an error on the agent's part, this can be corrected by adding my name back on the auto policy. Please contact me as soon as possible.

Carol Miller

I no longer want Barbara Hall as an American Family Agent. A while back I decided not to continue my coverage of TERM life insurance because I could not longer afford the cost. Apparently Barb Hall could not offer me Whole life so I decided I was throwing money out the window... $174.00 dollars a month throwing money out the window. Nonetheless, I called Barb and said I no longer want life insurance and she got upset said "Sandy, you need life insurance"... and hung up on me and didn't say sorry but thank you talk to you later. As a friend I decided to let it go. However, I still went through the proper procedures to discontinue my life insurance and no longer have it. Furthermore, a personal issue happened between a mutual friend of ours and I decided not to have anything to do with this person and Barb Hall and any people associated with and that included Barb. I received an advertisement in the mail with Barbs picture on it stating "Lets Talk" so I called the number and left a message to please remove my address from their records. That was about 6 months ago or less. JUST, yesterday, I received a letter from Barb Hall agency to advertise insurances AGAIN. So I called the number that Barb has on this advertisement and AGAIN, STATED I no longer want her as an agent and IF I want to obtain insurance from American Family, I will deal with another agent, but NOT HER. I am not sure if she received the message, however, I am making sure I never get another statement or advertise from Barb Hall's agency ever again! Just so you know, I have no issues with American Family as a company JUST Barb Hall. Hopefully this matter will be taken care of. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Sandra Drinkuth

I had Family Insurance since Jan 2017 so I thought I had the Insurance company take out my payments out of my bank account once a month so I did not think nothing of it until last week Ive seen my statements and they had cancelled my insurance in Feb 2018 and I was not notified, called, emailed or anything .But when you guys wanted me to get your insurance you called over 50 times a week emailed me and left messages, but not this time I was really upset on how they handled this situation without notifying me, this was the office on Armitage and Kedzie in Chicago ill I want something to be done to this office because what if there was a fire or something? I here thinking that I'm fully insured and I was not please handle this situation and I'm also Filling a complaint to the attorney generals office to let them know what they did to me and maybe others. If you would like to contact me my number is 847-873-4765 Joaquin Lopez I stay at 1413 N keeler Chicago Ill 60651.

I am in the process of trying to file a claim for a cracked windshield with American Family claims department. American Family after calling me 3 times ordered the wrong windshield after Id waited over a week. I attempted calling the third party glass people to try and have it done at Mini Cooper of St. Louis the dealership refused to accept the claim due to past poor payments from this glass company. I had to call my local American Family agency where I attempted to try and resolve my issues at this point I had to deal with Wendy at Kenya Garners office she was rude, basically told me my source was wrong about payment and just wanted to argue with me.

I have had one other incident with her when I called to get my policy number prior to calling the glass company and she wanted to argue with me stating I didn't need it even though the recording stated I did. I have had American Family insurance for over 2 years and everyone in my family has insurance with this office. I am now going to start looking at other insurance companies.. This is someone that doesn't need to be in customer service. I asked to talk to my agent kenya garner and was told she wasn't available. I am very unhappy with the service I have received. This corporate office hasn't been the same lately.

I been trying to cancel my American Family disability insurance for 1 month. I have sent a written letter to my agent John to cancel this insurance and I was told that the information was sent to American Family bank. I received my car note payment booklet and still the insurance is still a part of my payment. I have been on the phone with American Family about this problem over 2 hrs. This is not right the way this company treats their customer. Please sent new payment booklet without the insurance applied!

I had been with American Family Insurance for quite many years now. I had a surgery last month and needed to file a claim. I contacted them and the executive at American Family Insurance was very pleasant to deal with.

Have feedback for American Family?