Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Feb 01, 2015 - Grapevine, TX
Good

Redbox is the way to go for a cheap movie night in.  it’s great to watch a movie for only a dollar.  The many locations make it easy to return and I love that redboxes are located in my local grocery store as well as the CVS down the street.  Great idea and even better date night!

Have you had problems with Redbox?

Compare Redbox to Similar Television Streaming more...

Top 60 Reviews about Redbox

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Redbox customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Good

I rented two movies from redbox and the first movie was fine and the second one would not play!!! I was planning on some me time as I'm off tomorrow but I guess I'll go to bed.

Bad

I rented the Night at the museum on 5/3 and the disc was corrupted not able to view at all. I want my money back!

Poor

Rented a game that would not play. So I took it back got another and it would not play. Out 6 dollar's in one hour and still nothing to play.

Bad

I went to the first Redbox location at thr fresh market on 5600 S 900 E SLC UT and i pressed the rent button on the screen and nothing happened, so i kept pressing it and it wouldn't do anything, so i moved over to the next machine and it did the same thing. So I drove over to the 5600 S 900 E 7-eleven location and it did the same thing. I wanted to rent a movie? So what's going on with broken Redbox machines.

Bad

Became a new member on 12 Apr 2015. Almost immediately I started receiving unsolicited e-mails. According to your policy, you do not give out information. This can not be true. Up to today, I was receiving 1-3 e-mails a day. Today alone I have received over 20. The only thing that has changed is becoming a Redbox member. I have went to my e-mail options and unchecked all the boxes. Can not figure out what else to do. Next step is to cancel the account if the e-mails do not stop.

Bad

So here it sit again, just rented 2 much anticipated movies from Redbox, got my snacks and drinks and here we go. And..... skip, skip, skip, skip,skip, skip, skip, skip..... You get the idea!! Do you not check your inventory for damaged discs or do you just not care? This isn't the first time this has happened and I should know better, but it's like a bad habit and keep thinking maybe this time will be different.I have no idea what is going on with this story, skip, skip, skip. You have one thing to do right and that is to supply fans of movies with one thing, a great movie experience. You can't even do that right. Redbox, Bye girl!!

Horrible

Recently, I rented Gone Girl on blu ray at Redbox closest to my house on April 8 th at 4 pm . The video has scratches and stopped multiple times. I was unable to finish the movie due to the multiple skips. I need another credit on my account and want my money back. Then re-rented another video and this one skips too. I am not going to use Redbox anymore due to the scratchy discs that make it impossible to watch the movie.

Poor

I rented two movies yesterday. I rented Interstellar and Divergent, both were the blue-Ray copies. I was able to watch Interstellar with no problems. However, the movie Divergent would not play. I wasted $2.00 and I would appreciate being given a credit for that movie. Thank you!

Bad

Loved Redbox at $1 for a rental but not so happy with the rate hikes. Moving on to Netflix rentals instead now that they have increased prices. Wish someone would contact their executives and let them know they are screwed.

Bad

Watching intersteller on Redbox and it keeps skipping sections! I wish that their movies were of higher quality but it sucks sometimes Redbox.

Horrible

I rented Big Hero 6 at your kiosk in the Cumberland Farms Gas Station on bonston post road, orange, ct. I'm disappointed at the quality of the DVD, it was scratched up that it would freeze and skip every few minutes. It was irritating and unsatisfactory. I hope you guys could somehow check up on the DVDs in stock to make sure that they are in working condition.

Horrible

Only had the movie our for 5 days and was charged $19. This is ridiculous considering that is 3.80 a night. Certainly not right!!!

Poor

I wanted to reserve two movies today and you said I had to change my password. I am 68 years old just learned how to reserve this year and I Loved it. Now you have made the password so hard I could not get on and even if I could I wood never remember it. Why do you have to make it so hard? I had to cancel my movies this morning because I could not get on site. This is the first time I have been unhappy with you all the years I have been using Red Box .

Bad

This is like the 4th time this has happened I rented a movie last night "The best of me". The movie froze 5 minutes into watching and I couldn't get it to work. I'm very upset as I work for my money.

Bad

i rent 5 movies on a friday night. i return 3 movies on saturday afternoon. return the other 2 movies on tuesday and redbox charges me me $14 dollars out of my credit card. i dont know why. there is no phone number to call them.

Bad

The selection of kids movies are poor and you need more choice. I tried to find lion king 2 and nothing came up you only have 6 disney movies. You need more selection of movies because people are not getting there money's worth. Disappointed

Poor

Hi I wanted to post a complaint about redbox because I frankly think its messed up of them to over charge me for movies n then have movies in redbox that dnt even work and all they do to help is give u 2 free movies ummhh hello I've been renting from you for a long time and that's all I get seriously not even a im so sorry or my money back from previous charges and my unworking movies , ok but I don't think im guna be renting from redbox anymore.

Poor

The game we just rented (1/18/13) The Amazing Spiderman is so scratched that it is unreadable. I would like to not be charged for this game rental like I have been in the past.

Horrible

Yesterday while reviewing my bank statement online I noticed a charge to my account from Redbox Rentals. I have been using their services for many years now and never thought of keeping tabs on my returns but now beware. I called the Company and spoke with a customer service lady Amber and she looked up my rentals. First she said that it was 2 movies that show that weren't returned. "The Devils Own" and " The Greatest Movie Ever Made". I said no to her that I did return them I rent several movies a week.

Then with her research she said "Oh I do show that we now have them ,it was the movie Jane Ere that we don't have I said no I returned that as well. I asked to be put through to a Supervisor and talked with her. She said that she can see by my excellent record that she would credit my checking account back.So the next day which is today Tuesday Oct.11th,2011 I went online to check my bank account balance and noticed that not only my account doesn't reflect the 28.00 in return but now they charged me 50 something on top of the 28.00 from my account.

I called again and asked to speak with a Supervisor her name is Lori. She told me that I owe for the movies that I just mentioned. Yes I was pissed and expressed my self so. She had a too bad so sad attitude about the situation. I asked to speak with her Supervisor and she said that "he doesn't get on the phone with customers!" So now I have nearly 90.00 stolen from my account which I can do nothing about until they take the money from my account then I have to file an complaint action through my bank which is Chase to get my money back from these Crooks. I calculated that I rent over 250 movies from them a year.

NO MORE the buck stops here! So far they show over 170 movies for the year 2011. They I found have many flaws in their rental system. why do they not have their machines print you out a receipt when you rent and one when you return the movie for your safety and records. You cant rely on them sending you a comformation letter receipt on a regular basis. They have lost a VERY GOOD Customer! It's back to Block Buster for me. Hopefully they won't go out of business like the rumors were awhile ago!!!!!!

Bad

I rented two movies from Redbox in September and the movies did not play in my DVD at home. So I returned one of the movies the following day and the other movie two weeks later. when I went to take the movie back the machine would not accept the movie. Here it is two months later and I have been charged for a movie that I feel like Im being accused of keeping and the customer service representative actually accused me of keeping this movie in which I know I did not keep or had a desire to keep. I am very offended by the rep and how he spoke to me about this movie. The customer representative name is Specene.

fist time ever using redbox, i loved it only rented twice, i look at my bank statement that week, it was at -107. WTF? So i call and ask them whats going on, the teller refunded me 3.40. i spoke to a manager and he was the rudest guy ever. he sounded like he didnt care that they were charging me, and all he kept saying was that they already refunded me 3.40... im never renting from there again.

Contact the Redbox Complaint Department