Redbox

Most Popular Complaint about Redbox

Posted by Mary Gulley on Jan 27, 2015
Customer Rating

I rented two movies from Redbox to play on my DVD player that's not hooked to anything online. One move played fine the other kept freezing in spots I took the movie out and cleaned it but still not working. After calling Redbox customer service they were all hard to understand due to heavy accents, then they kept putting me on hold saying they were "testing from our side". After 16 min's and three different agents (the 1st hung up on me) I finally asked for a supervisor witch he quickly said " I am the senior rep, ma’am". I never got my issue resolved after asking for the same movie again. One agent even told me that I was being charged $10 per minute to speak with him, so apparently they have no QA department that monitors their work. I have replied "stop" to their text messages and will not get another movie. I will be praying for this company they have to know how bad this customer service is and don't seem to care. Shame on the owners (Coinstar) of Redbox, this is why we are seeing less and less of them. My suggestion leave the Redbox alone!!!!!!

Did Redbox provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Redbox?

1.96 out of 5

Website

www.redbox.com

More Redbox Complaints

Customer Rating

For the second time in two months, my husband has had to cancel his debit card due to fraudulent charges from redbox. In December I found a $78.36 charge for rebox DVD rental pending in our bank account. Neither my husband or I had even rented a movie. After contacting our bank we learned that my husband's debit card number had been entered manually at redbox headquarters, call center, (whatever the place is called). Our bank could only go back 60 days but we were credited over $261.00 in fraudulent charges. Today, two weeks after the first card was cancelled due to this problem, there was another charge from redbox pending in our account. I immediately contacted our bank's fraud department and once again found out the charge came from manually entering my husband's debit card number. This card had just been activated a week ago! I highly recommend anyone who has seen even small charges, (a dollar here, three dollars there, etc.) that they are unfamiliar with, contact your bank. Please remove any credit or debit cards linked to redbox via your online account as well. If this company can make hundreds of dollars off of one person within 60 days, just think of the total amount fraudulently obtained by countless others!

Customer Rating

I rented a movie today called August-Osage County at Redbox only to come home to find another scratched DVD. If Redbox wants to continue to get my business they need to do a better job of QA and checking the movies for errors, maybe even swap them out on a regular basis or work with customers to find the places that have the most problems. I take care of my movies, but maybe they should scan them for errors on the way in to the machine? Just a thought.

Their (red box) customer service is VERY RUDE

FALSE CHARGES
DOUBLE CHARGES

STAY AWAY

Customer Rating

I just purchased a redbox movie in hopes to go home and stay occupied while I was home with no cable or internet connection. As I open the movie I realize it was a blu-ray and I can no longer watch it. I am very unsatisfied only because blu-ray simply was not listed for this specific movie. In regards to Redbox at Hannaford Super Market in Hooksett, NH at 2140 hours.

Customer Rating

Rainy days are great for watching movies. Too bad your screens don’t work in the rain…

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Arturo Guerra on 03/16/2014 at IP address 97.81.198.43 using our Redbox complaint form. This opinions contained in this Redbox customer review titled, “Rain” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

After having rented and returned movies multiple times now I have noticed on multiple occasions that after I receive the charge for the movies another charge shows up in my bank account for more money, but I have no rented more movies. I tried to call the 800 number but got left on hold for 45 minutes!

Customer Rating

After a long rainy day on a motorcycle benefit ride I reserved movie at the red box at dollar general on hwy 24 in Anderson sc. Not only could I not retrieve my movies that I have already payed for but I get soaking wet trying to get them! This is not convient in any way! Need to figure out how to use the kiosk in the rain! Very aggravating and inconvient!

Customer Rating

I have been contacting Redbox for quite some time now trying to get them to see that some of their pratices can be easily misconstrued as racism.
I have been a loyal redbox customer since 2009. I rent anywhere from 7 to 11 movies per week every week. I have noticed that over the last five months, Redbox has completely stop putting Black or Latino Titles in their kiosks in my area. When asked about this, I am told that due to lack of popularity, these movies are not made available in my area. I understand that business is about making money, but is also about satisfying all customers. not just a chosen majority. Like I’ve explained to Redbox; and this is fact.
One Redbox kiosk holds a maxium of 700 DVD’s, Blu-Ray’s or Games.
Due to rental returns, a kiosk is never preloaded beyond 50% capacity, which leaves a max preload capacity of 350.
Ottawa, Kansas, the city I live in is quite small compared to it’s surrounding cities.
Ottawa, Kansas has 5 Redbox kiosks.
A 350 preload space X 5 Kiosk = 1,750 spaces.
Redbox releases every Tuesday morning by Midnight, all of their new movies.
This last tuesday the released 16 movies
Less than 60 seconds after Midnight, all of these movies were available in just about every kiosk in Ottawa with the exception of 3. … 2 Black movies and 1 Latino movie. (It has been the way for the last 20 weeks.)
You mean to tell me that Blacks and Latinos rate so low that we can’t have at minimum 3 out of 1,750 of their precious spaces? Wow! Unbelievable! I now travel a 60 mile round trip between 2 different Redbox kiosk every week; (Which are also both in predominately white communities;) to get the ethnic titles I want to see; though there are 5 Redbox kiosks in my community that are all less than a 4 minute drive from my home.
Evey time I call Redbox and they look into my account, every service rep tells the same thing; ” I have never seen any one else that has come close to renting as many movies as you have! We really appreciate your business.” Well, they are very close to loosing that bussiness. For 4 months I did not complain about this. I did not decide to say somthing about it until I heard other black people in line at the Redbox voicing aloud the same frustrations. I know that the more popular movies get more copies per kiosk and the lesser movies get lesser spots. But not even one spot per ethnic move? Just one? I don’t think that is asking a lot from your supposed best customer and his small handfull of minorities from his community. (It’s not like all the other movies they load up are blockbusters. I rent enough to know.)

Customer Rating

I called adking why i was being charged 2.62 and an additional 11.90 for 2 days that seems
Rediculous ….. When i asked hoe much i was told that i need to take that up with my bank because i wasnt charged for that so my bank statements lied to me … Im very disatisfied , i have been overcharged and then talked to very rude by customer service lady lazett . I will not be renting from rexbox anymore …i have never had this much of a problem until now ..

Customer Rating

Can’t rent reserved movie cause it’s raining outside and the touchscreen doesn’t work. Would be nice if you could swipe your card and it would know what movies you are there to get….tried that just beeped at me. Touch the screen and cursor is somewhere else about 3 inches from finger and wouldn’t do anything

Customer Rating

I rented taken 2 earlier today. I am trying to watch it and my blu-ray keeps spitting out. I tried updating my player but this still didn’t fix the problem. I have tried to watch on the other two player around but it won’t play. I also barrow my brother-in-laws PlayStation 3 but it still won’t work. I have run out of ideas and have concluded its a defective disc. The redbox barcode number is 429743966, the blu-ray serial is LY02 9661 22832980 E21208-06G 9615. I want my money back, I was looking toward to watching this movie. I have heard nothing but good reviews about it.

Customer Rating

The redbox hasn’t worked since before christmas in Goldsboro NC I have to travel a good distance to get to a cvs store and I haven’t been able to use their redbox to get coupons. Is there and way to get the coupons w/o using the redbox? I can only go once or twice a week.

Customer Rating

Can not return redbox dvd because “it always quits working when it rains”. Have to drive further to.return. no answer on help line and chat not not available. Won’t be renting from them again.

Customer Rating

WTF why take time out of your day, a day by the way that was filled with many things to do. On your way home your mind ponders to a way enwhich you could just take your mind away from reality for a sec. You think to yourself a good movie to releive stress sounds like a good idea. So you hit your local redbox, grab yourself a pizza, you even allow your kids to invite some of there friends over.

All of this to get home and find out the movies you have rented were sooo scratched they weren’t even worth the energy you spent cleaning them over and over again! Thanks red box for a dissapointing evening! Just a concerned customer!!!! I am so frustrated I can’t tell how bad I wanted to yell. You pick up a redbox movie thinking it’s fine and been checked for quality, but more and more they are not. How are you supposed to enjoy movie night this way?

I wish somebody from red box corporate offices would see this complaint and fix the problem once and for all!

Customer Rating

More oftent then not now, I am getting movies from Redbox that are scratched and they are not able to be watched all the way through. It’s very frusterating. The disc is scratched and then that makes the movie very hard to watch because it will skip sections in the movie. This is annoying. Redbox is a great idea but there needs to be more maintenance on the movies. Yes, it is only $1…or more now, but it’s very by customer service to rent movies you can’t watch because of low maintenance.

Customer Rating

I too rented a movie about 3 weeks ago. A charge for 25.68 for redbox was posted to my bank account. I called redbox and allison told me a movie had not been returned and that is what the charge was for. I told her it was returned and she told me to check around my house to see if I might still have it and if I didnt she would have a service tech come out and see if it was stuck in the box somewhere. Regardless I wouldnt receive a full refund even if the service tech did locate the movie. As a courtesy she would refund me $10.00. I advised her I would be filing a complaint with the Governors Office of Consumer Affairs. I also told her I would be contacting my bank for a full refund.

She told me to do whatever I needed to do and thank you for choosing Redbox. I told her I would not be using Redbox again!!! PLEASE DO NOT RENT FROM REDBOX!!! THEY DO NOT ALWAYS GIVE YOU RECEIPTS SHOWING YOU HAVE RETURNED YOUR MOVIES EITHER. IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU TOO…

Customer Rating

I rented a movie from Redbox about a month ago, I returned it the next day before 9:00pm. I was checking by bank statment and I notice a $25.00 dollar charge from Redbox. So i called Redbox and asked why they charge my card, they said that I never return a movie the a rent amonth ago so, I told the guy that the movie was returned hi said no that the movie never was reuturned that I was the last person tha rented it. there is many complaints about this redbox company charging people’s credit card be careful. DON’T RENT MOVIES FROM THE REDBOX.

Customer Rating

I have a complaint about redbox. I have tried to return my rented movies twice and do not want to be charged a third time by redbox for them. I would like the money to be put back on my card please as soon as possible so I don’t get charged anymore. I would try and take it to another redbox but i dont have a car and this is the closest redbox in walking distance to my house. I really hope that somebody can help on this matter thank you for your time. Chad.

Customer Rating

I recently rented a Wii video game from Redbox for my kids, it was: “Lego Star Wars”. I returned it after 3 days and three weeks later saw a charge pending on my bank account for $52.00 I was like what the F@#$!! I called redbox and they said the charge was for Lego Star Wars that was never returned. I said that I did return it, they then said they could refund $15 back. I was like, “no, I am going to contact my bank and get the full $52 back”. But why offer to refund $15 if you know you are 100% in the right? Very fishy! I will never rent from these Redbox con men again!

Customer Rating

Last Redbox dvds i rented from Silverspring downtown Fenton St. Redbox did not sent me a a return confirmation and a rental receipt. This is not good sign please respond asap!

Companies Like Redbox

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!