Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Feb 01, 2015 - Grapevine, TX
Good

Redbox is the way to go for a cheap movie night in.  it’s great to watch a movie for only a dollar.  The many locations make it easy to return and I love that redboxes are located in my local grocery store as well as the CVS down the street.  Great idea and even better date night!

Have you had problems with Redbox?

Compare Redbox to Similar Television Streaming more...

Top 62 Reviews about Redbox

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Redbox customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I rented a movie from RedBox at the beach (3 hours away). When coming home, my wife packed the movie sleeve and mistakenly left the movie in the DVD player. We realized this when we got home and tried to return the movie. I contacted Redbox today to see how it would be handled. I was told that I cannot return an empty movie sleeve nor can my realtor return a DVD without a sleeve. Redbox said I own the movie for $26. FYI - With a similar issue, Netflix eats the cost.

Horrible

I rented a blue-ray disc on Wednesday 4/22/15 and returned it on Friday 4/24/15. They are saying I did not return the disc and charged me $36 for the disc. They are saying that their system does not show it being rented since I rented it, and that is how they determine if the disc has been returned. But couldn't something go wrong with their machine? What if it did not register the disc properly? They would not take my word for it that something obviously malfunctioned. I will NEVER rent from Redbox again.

Good

I rented two movies from redbox and the first movie was fine and the second one would not play!!! I was planning on some me time as I'm off tomorrow but I guess I'll go to bed.

Bad

I rented the Night at the museum on 5/3 and the disc was corrupted not able to view at all. I want my money back!

Poor

Rented a game that would not play. So I took it back got another and it would not play. Out 6 dollar's in one hour and still nothing to play.

Bad

I went to the first Redbox location at thr fresh market on 5600 S 900 E SLC UT and i pressed the rent button on the screen and nothing happened, so i kept pressing it and it wouldn't do anything, so i moved over to the next machine and it did the same thing. So I drove over to the 5600 S 900 E 7-eleven location and it did the same thing. I wanted to rent a movie? So what's going on with broken Redbox machines.

Bad

Became a new member on 12 Apr 2015. Almost immediately I started receiving unsolicited e-mails. According to your policy, you do not give out information. This can not be true. Up to today, I was receiving 1-3 e-mails a day. Today alone I have received over 20. The only thing that has changed is becoming a Redbox member. I have went to my e-mail options and unchecked all the boxes. Can not figure out what else to do. Next step is to cancel the account if the e-mails do not stop.

Bad

So here it sit again, just rented 2 much anticipated movies from Redbox, got my snacks and drinks and here we go. And..... skip, skip, skip, skip,skip, skip, skip, skip..... You get the idea!! Do you not check your inventory for damaged discs or do you just not care? This isn't the first time this has happened and I should know better, but it's like a bad habit and keep thinking maybe this time will be different.I have no idea what is going on with this story, skip, skip, skip. You have one thing to do right and that is to supply fans of movies with one thing, a great movie experience. You can't even do that right. Redbox, Bye girl!!

Horrible

Recently, I rented Gone Girl on blu ray at Redbox closest to my house on April 8 th at 4 pm . The video has scratches and stopped multiple times. I was unable to finish the movie due to the multiple skips. I need another credit on my account and want my money back. Then re-rented another video and this one skips too. I am not going to use Redbox anymore due to the scratchy discs that make it impossible to watch the movie.

Poor

I rented two movies yesterday. I rented Interstellar and Divergent, both were the blue-Ray copies. I was able to watch Interstellar with no problems. However, the movie Divergent would not play. I wasted $2.00 and I would appreciate being given a credit for that movie. Thank you!

Bad

Loved Redbox at $1 for a rental but not so happy with the rate hikes. Moving on to Netflix rentals instead now that they have increased prices. Wish someone would contact their executives and let them know they are screwed.

Bad

Watching intersteller on Redbox and it keeps skipping sections! I wish that their movies were of higher quality but it sucks sometimes Redbox.

Horrible

I rented Big Hero 6 at your kiosk in the Cumberland Farms Gas Station on bonston post road, orange, ct. I'm disappointed at the quality of the DVD, it was scratched up that it would freeze and skip every few minutes. It was irritating and unsatisfactory. I hope you guys could somehow check up on the DVDs in stock to make sure that they are in working condition.

Horrible

Only had the movie our for 5 days and was charged $19. This is ridiculous considering that is 3.80 a night. Certainly not right!!!

Poor

I wanted to reserve two movies today and you said I had to change my password. I am 68 years old just learned how to reserve this year and I Loved it. Now you have made the password so hard I could not get on and even if I could I wood never remember it. Why do you have to make it so hard? I had to cancel my movies this morning because I could not get on site. This is the first time I have been unhappy with you all the years I have been using Red Box .

Bad

This is like the 4th time this has happened I rented a movie last night "The best of me". The movie froze 5 minutes into watching and I couldn't get it to work. I'm very upset as I work for my money.

Bad

i rent 5 movies on a friday night. i return 3 movies on saturday afternoon. return the other 2 movies on tuesday and redbox charges me me $14 dollars out of my credit card. i dont know why. there is no phone number to call them.

Bad

The selection of kids movies are poor and you need more choice. I tried to find lion king 2 and nothing came up you only have 6 disney movies. You need more selection of movies because people are not getting there money's worth. Disappointed

Horrible

I rented Step Up Revolution at a local redbox station and the dvd skipped and the picture was broken.I took it back and rented a different disc of the same movie and it does the same exact thing. I have really wanted to see this movie but I don't think its fair for me to have to waste more money trying to find a copy that will work.

There were no scratches on either copy and no finger prints or smudges so it must just be bad copies of the movie. Upset that redbox can't seem to get their DVDs fixed and in working order. I am furious and extremely disappointed with redbox!

Poor

The last time I rented was around January 2013, it is now August 13, Redbox has tried to bill my credit card every day since May for $40 saying it was late fees. I paid for the late fees already, and they continue to try and charge me. I called them about it and they were completely rude to me. They would not listen to anything I had to say and basically blew me off. I had to put a stop payment on my account to make it so they couldn't keep charging me. The representative I talked to with my credit card company said this is ridiculous and she has never seen Redbox do this before. Needless to say I will never rent movies from this company again.

Contact the Redbox Complaint Department