Jackson Hewitt Customer Service

Contact Jackson Hewitt Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-234-1040

Jackson Hewitt helps individuals file their taxes including state income and federal IRS taxes. The company claims to help people get 100% of their money while having a partner to stand behind their work. They also guarantee services and have more than 3,000 locations worldwide.

If you have a problem with Jackon Hewitt you can call their toll-free customer service number at 1-800-234-1040 between the hours of 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday. Their east coast main headquarters is located at 3 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054.

Common complaints with Jackson products relate to loan services and tax preperation. The CEO is Philip H. Sanford if you would like to direct your feedback towards a member of the senior management team.

Jackson Hewitt Contact Information

• Jackson Hewitt headquarters address

• 3 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054

1-800-234-1040

Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST

Browse reviews of other Financial Services

Top Jackson Hewitt Complaints

I was in prison in 2016 and my now x wife did my taxes I want to no why she was a loud to file my taxes and I want to no how she did them whit out me being whit her to sing or a power of attorney somebody is going to get sude for this if someone doesn’t give me an explanation and to tell u the truth I don’t even think it’s my x wife falt it’s Jackson Hewitts falt because they Allowed her to that’s the question how did she do it she did it with you guys! Jackson hewitt

Went online and was pre approved for advance so made appt and went in and filed.Then hour later was denied so definitely going back to hr block next year.

I went to Jackson Hewitt in Tacoma WA on 12/15, I was seen by a lady names Corrine. This appointment was for an early loan. While doing my loan she advised me I was approved between 400-2500 which I thought was strange since I thought it was up to only 400. Well she is the expert in taxes so I was excited that I got approved according to her for $400. As I signed all the paperwork to do my taxes later and she even provided me with an American Express card stating I will have my money before I walk out the door. As we were done I asked her so was it for sure $400 she says oh wait never mind it states processing and now shows you're getting $150. Which made even more concerned since it says the loan comes between $200,$300 and $400. But again she is the expert. Corrine even stated that usually people get there money before they walk out the door. I got home and got an email saying I was denied , but only approved for the advance loan which is the one you use with you w-2 for your taxes , My point of this complaint is that Corrine does not know what she is talk about and should not tell people false things. I knew she was unsure of her job because when I called after I got an email she was confused as if she knew her job. I was looking forward to that money as I had no food for my family and when she said I got approved for the loan I was excited. Moral no one should be told they are approved for anything until they know for sure!! Corrine @ Address: 4505 South 19th Street, Ste B, Tacoma, WA Phone: (253) 666-6488 she needs more training.

JH did my taxes for 2017. I paid the taxes based on your preparation. Today I get a bill from state of Md saying my taxes were wrong. I owe more tax plus interest and late fee.. a total of 1278.46
I’m not site what JH did but I want you to check it and I want an answer.
Sally Sprague

I filed with y'all she filed Hoh and I told her I was married. I filed my two nieces she didn't tell me I had to prove anything. Now I owe the IRS. I don't think I should pay when she the one messed up my taxes. Now I can't get any credits next year. Help me I will be calling soon thanks...

I have been with your company for 5 years, 3 as a preparer and 2 as an office manager. This coming tax season would have been my 6th year. I was far from perfect but was very well respected by bpth customers and co-workers. I was the office manager of the Columbia, Pa office for tge past 2 years. Well, I was texted 3 days ago being asked to meet with the gm and her assistant. Now i had like 2 issues in which i was addressed last year and once addressed, was handled accordingly. The gm went into retirement 2 years ago and asked to return for the previous tax season. She was slightly less than fond of me in previous years and was even less thrilled to find out i became management. So when I met with them they had informed me that I was not being brought back for the upcoming tax season because there was "to many issues". I was only coached, if you will, for 1 issue in which was rectified immediately upon being brought to my attn. So i proceeded to ask if there were issues why they were not brought to my attn being a mgr and recieved no reply. I feel that this is not a legitimate decision as much as a personal vendetta. I walked away peacefully, however I can assure you that your business and maybe even your preparer flow will suffer. I had many loyal customers and some will not allow anyone else to handle their returns. I feel this should be noticed. If you want any further communication feel free to contact me by phone at (717)644-8754 or khoover2477@comcast.net.

Ken Hoover

MY STATE RETURN WAS NOT SUBMITTED WHEN I FILED DUE TO LACK OF THE CORRECT DOCUMENTS. I WAS NOT NOTIFIED WHEN THE FILING WAS COMPLETED. I CALLED AND WAS TOLD EARLY MARCH 2018. IT WAS A PAPER FILE AND WOULD TAKE SEVERAL WEEKS. I CALLED BACK IN MAY AND WAS TOLD IT WAS FILED. THE LADY SAID I WOULD NEED TO PROVIDE A NUMBER TO THE STATE TO GET AN UPDATE. SHE DID NOT PROVIDE THE NUMBER I NEEDED. I HAVE TRIED TO CALL SEVERAL TIMES SINCE AND GET NO HUMAN. THE WEBSITE SAYS THE OFFICE IS CLOSED. I HAVE VISITED DURING MY LUNCH HOUR AND NO ONE IS THERE. I NEED TO KNOW WHEN MY LOUISIANA STATE REFUND WILL BE RECEIVED. IT'S BEEN OVER 3 MONTHS SINCE I FILED. SEVERAL OF MY CO WORKERS FILED AFTER I DID AND HAVE HAD THEIR REFUNDS. PLEASE NOTE THAT MANY OF US ARE NON-RESIDENTS AND HAD TO FOLLOW THE SAME PROCESS WHEN FILING STATE TAX RETURN, SO I AM A LITTLE SURPRISED I AM STILL WAITING. PLEASE ADVISE WHAT I NEED TO DO TO GET THE REFUND.

That Samsung promotion is absolutely useless. (Wal Mart - $100.00 toward purchase). Whoever thought that was a perk was wrong.
I spent over $694.00 with you this year... really?
How about a useful promo?
I probably will reconsider next year or do it myself.

Was lied to about tax fees and was told that I would receive a refund. And now I will receive a discount on next year return. Will not contact you back always states they will and don't. Takes at least 90 day to eventually get a true statement from jackson hewitt.

Me and husband went to flied our taxes there and you guys charged us almost 600 dollars to do our taxes. And then they messed them up. We had to wait three months to get our taxes back and we flied in January. So I want to know why I had to pay 600 dollars for you guys to mess up our taxes. We almost lost our home. Because we had to wait so long. So I think it's just fair that I get my money back have any questions please contact me at 8134472368

I had my taxes done Feb 6th with you guys. well my first encounter was great. my taxes were done fast, very nice man that did them. at the end I asked how much I owed to have them done. he told me it comes out of the refund now. okay no biggie. he showed me the amount I would receive after the fee was taken out, I was perfectly fine with the amount. well I received my refund and it was almost $300 short of what he said it would be after fees. I call them to see what was going on and the woman I talked to was the worst person I have ever talked to. she first tells me it was $195 to have my taxes done. I've never paid over $100 with yall. then she tells me it was a $49.57 charge for bank fees because I didn't pay the day of. when I told her I tried to pay but he told me its taken out of the refund she laughed at me. she laughed and said I doubt he told you that, I just cant see him saying that, and continues to laugh. I really don't care what she thinks, but calling your customers liars, which is what she basically did, is NOT okay. first off I should have ben told what the fee was, according to the amount I was supposed to receive the fee was around $75. so when I called back to find out it was $195 I was beyond mad. then to tell me I don't pay up front, that it comes out of my refund and then charge me almost $50 for it? I'm beyond furious. I will never do business with yall if this is how you treat your customers. I will also make sure family and friends know of this so they will no longer use your services either.

HI, I had taxes done 02/09/2018 . I was at this office 1 or 2 times before, when I was told the amount $246.00 to pay JACKSON HEWITTT I almost fell off my chair !!! I am a senior and no senior discounts ? can you help with this matter ?

I was at the office last Saturday in daleville pa they offer no coupons I just recived text alert to stop in and I will get 100 off tax prepartion why didn't I get this sooner never again will I go their again been going their for the last 5 years

This year I decided to file with Jackson Hewitt after a friends reference and the way low price they paid this year. Usually I have a family member e file online to save the money for a tax preparer. I set up an appointment that ended up taking over 2 hours of slow preperation for my taxes that were simple and shouldve taken half the time. In fact, my taxes took same as it took the other tax preparer to prepare 2 peoples taxes and onto a 3rd. The sign said starting at $48 and the referal i received from a friend convinced me with no fees, ect paid i believe for theres. After 2 hours went by, my preparer couldnt figure how to go ahead with my homestead, had mentioned problems earlier with jackson hewitt homestead or the software and after wasting more than enough time trying to figure homestead, he told me Id have to send my Homestead in through the mail, he thought??!! At this point Im just cooperating to get my taxes done and get out of there and figured he would give me instructions or finish my tax preparation and mail out my homestead after it was all entered and figured out. consent after consent anfter disclosure, ect. led to the totalling of costs to file and the price is more outrages than Id ever seen or heard of and 3 to 4 times more than I have ever paid. Had I not been completely exhausted and lost all patience and energy to even care, I wouldve decided not to have you file and called it a day. I felt i had wasted my time choosing jaclson hewitt and felt fooled and scammed out of way more money than I would ever pay had i not been put in that situation. I felt obligated to pay for tax preparation that was slow paced, left unfinished and for me to have to finish on my own, which is the only real reason I chose you, so Ididnt have to. Now Im left still needing to print a copy out with page numbers so i can fill out homestead and file it. the instructions guide me with page numbers i dont have and numbers i should have in front of me or had entered by my tax payer...my taxes cost so much ishoulnt have had to make any efforts at all or finished the job for you, ecpecially at those prices. i entered my info to your online tax website and wanted no issues this year so I came into your office...had i filed what I had I wouldnt still be filing and finishingthem and would have saved 400 or more doin it online...I didnt feel much efforts were made to get homestead and finish it up n filed and I dont feel I was given enough information about your office and your outrages fees before I started and had already wasted over 2 hours on it left me feeling obligated to file with jackson. By the time I did, I had wasted enoughtyime was frustrated and irritated and didnt trust the services and how your business ran.. It was like i felt scammed by people I shouldve been able to trust and not felt taken advantage of. Really wish refunds for tax refunds were possible cuz I wouldnt have bothered because the services I received and the lack of efforts follow through with the job i was paying you to do werent worth my time or money to the point where Im emailing this pursuiing some sort of refund for the terrrible service and feeling so mislead. Im sure your complaints get handled about as good as your tax preperation and wont even be addressed...Im left one unsatisfied customer who will take my business elsewhere after giving jackson hewitt my negative reviews and ratings out there

Jh filed my taxes withouht my w2 also with my 8862 form attached..

i have been with this company for over 15 years and this year i have had enough of the bullshit and the lie that the staff give u just to get thru the day and pay a pay check. Today is Feb 2, 2018. I called Jackson Hewitt in Lubbock Texas on 34th street on Monday January 29, 2018 due to someone in Louisiana was using my social on her business acct. I still haven't received a call from the manager or the company. I have been on the phone with Social Security Adm, Louisiana Dept of Revenue and the IRS trying to get this situation settled. On top of that when i went to file my taxes the customer service rep said she would call me in an hour to let me know if everything was ok with my taxes or if i would need to speak with someone else. that was almost two weeks ago still haven;t received that call either. As long as the staff here is getting a pay check they don't care about their costumers it's all about the green now-a-days. So i will be doing my taxes myself from now on. I dont recommend this company to anyone anymore and i never will again i my daughters, sons, and grandchildren will not use this company anymore either so they didn't lose one customer they lost 22. So say Thank u Jackson Hewitt to Petra for helping you loses 22 customer in Lubbock Texas.

I call on January 21 was I get my other money of 215 January 23 or before that and on January 29 I was told get 215 before the 1 of Feb call was told different

i visited the office in Yazoo city Miss, As a walk in for my advance on my taxes. I never saw so much unprofessional group of people in my entire time with filing with Jackson Hewitt and my 5 years.How can you prepare a person taxes that not sitting there my point exactly why sit at a desk and prepare a person taxes for an advance loan when the person is not there to look over info. They waited on friends of friends first pretending they were on a list that i could not or others knew others about. Eating at their desk and talking on there personal phones about personal info just this office needs closing down.

I filed my taxes with Jackson Hewitt for year 2012. I was told if any problems come up they would fix it. I received a notice from Ohio Tax Dept that I owed $2566 and had to send the money by 12/15/2016. Jackson Hewitt stated that the person who filed my taxes did them incorrectly and they would only pay $226. They were sorry but that is all they would pay. I feel that I payed them to file my taxes correctly and not my fault they filed incorrect!y. I received the state notice on 12/3/2016.

I went into a Jackson Hewitt in a Walmart in Mililani in Hawaii when I was in the Army. I informed the tax preparer that I am filing married but separate because we were just married and it would be for the best. The tax preparer stated that I still needed to file head of household, so I did not object to it. I went to file my financial aid and then I was told that I did not qualify for head of household and should of never filed it as such. I had to correct it by going to the IRS and filing the correct paperwork.

I now got a letter from the IRS that I owe $2576.12 because I had to correct it. I called Jackson Hewitt but was told that even through I have 0 knowledge of tax preparation and the people that Jackson Hewitt hired is supposed to know the tax code, I did not say no to filing head of household so it was my fault and they are not liable for anything. The paperwork that I have says guaranteed accuracy of my tax return they still said that does not mean anything.

I am a annual customer of Jackson Hewitt, my daughter FASFA were denied due to a error on my mailing address whereby one number was left off, this is understandable as we are all human and are likely to make mistake, however we out reached the office and explained what happen and was only to be told by the individual who answered, that was my problem and I need to fix it and the call was disconnected. The manner in which this came across was very insulting and rude in my opinion. I will continue with this company but I think workers should be mindful when conveying messages.

This is a total scam. They hook you by offering a $750 American express serve card, but the BS that you have to go through to obtain said card makes the whole thing not worth it. Also, it is taking forever for me to see my return on my taxes. All that they have advertised is covered in red tape and paperwork. Not worth it. Wish I stuck with TurboTax since I would've had my money by now.

I wanted someone to take care of my tax payments and procedures so I choose Jackson Hewitt to do the job. They are good in understanding where I spent my finances and how to file my tax online as well. The online tax software was able to create an accurate return with all the credits, deductions and tax obligations we were expecting. Jackson Hewitt had sent their executive to my place after I contacted them and the whole experience was good, very professional and with a sense of urgency and understanding that seems to be lacking among many other companies. I would definelty continue to be associated with them in my future tax plans as well as they are doing a good job and will refer this to my other colleagues and friends as well.

Have feedback for Jackson Hewitt?