H&R Block Customer Service

Contact H&R Block Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-472-5625

H&R Block (www.hrblock.com) is a tax preparation company in the United States with offices in Canada, Australia, Brazil and India. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:HRB. There are 12,000 company-owned and franchise-owned branches in all 50 states and worldwide. Revenues in 2014 were reported at US 3 billion and there are over 80,000 H&R Block tax preparers (9,000 bilingual) that prepared over 24 million taxes last year.

If you need to report a problem with your tax return or service you may call 1-800-472-5625. You may also find support here. You may contact the H&R block corporate office and write to the CEO, William C. Cobb by postal mail using 1301 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64105. The corporate headquarters phone number is 816-854-3000.

Founded in 1955 by brother Henry and Richard Bloch most Americans live within 5 minutes of an H&R Block office. H&R Block has prepared tax returns for over 650 million Americans since 1955 and they have branches located on military bases. Social media presence may be found at Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+ and their current slogan is ‘never settle for less’.

H&R Block Contact Information

• H&R Block headquarters address

• 1301 Main Street
    • Kansas City
    • MO 64105

1-800-472-5625

Browse reviews of other Financial Services

Top H&R Block Complaints

Had taxes done on 3/11/2019 at H&R block in potosi mo. Was never told cost of tax prep til I got home and was looking at papers and saw I was charged $340 for standard deduction head of household with 1 dependent, no itemizing at all. $416 dollars total with other fees. I called into office and he said he would give me back $90. I use to always have my taxes itemized in the past at another tax place and it was never over $200. I feel I was overcharged at least $200. What is the price for a standard deduction married filing separate, no itemization? Won’t ever use H&R block again.

Linda Mang took over a year ( 15 weeks prox.) to cancel my corporation at the Liberty Plaza, Erie,Pa. site. She asked me if I cared how long it took and I did not care. However I didn't realize it was going to cost me another $500.00 to complete the cancellation in 2019 after the 2018 cancellation.

One of your tax preparers did my return wrong for the year 2017
I now owe the IRS $10,000.00 due to my return being wrong.
I am 93 years old and have no way to come up with $10,000.00 dollars.

Maurice Smith
432-935-2650

I purchased H & R Block software, completed it, then had the local H & R Block office review it. I needed to review an additional tax form before filing. I was directed to H & R Block web site and somehow ended up online for online tax return preparation, even though I already did it with the software. I was unable to reach a representative to cancel that online tax return and could not cancel it. I do not want to pay for it. Please delete the early start of that online tax return. Thank You
It's extremely difficult to reach an representative to remedy this problem.

I was told from sbtpg 877.908.7726H&R block bank is still holding on my refund since 2/27/19 I need to know when are they going to release this to my acct? my acct m&t bank routing 054000030 my acct 5502819262 as of 2/27/19 its in the acct of avista bank routing#044111191 acct# i9810178577192436 h&r bank need to know when are they gonna release my refund in amount $1,026. been over 3 weeks tax 2018

Hello, I spoke to your corporate office some time ago because my 2016 taxes was done incorrectly by my local HR block and they would not take responsibility. I only assume you spoke to them and then I received a call from the person who runs that office Melisa Radeke and she stated that her office would file the amendment and that they would pay any late and or penalty fees. I had been waiting and waiting and waiting on the answer from the IRS office about my amendment and checked with Priscilla Harris as to why I hadn't received any notification yet. Priscilla apparently contacted the IRS and they stated I would receive something in 2 weeks. A few months went by and nothing but I did receive a letter stating that HR Block would not be taking any responsibility nor pay any penalty or late fees. I thought this was a mistake since Melisa had already stated the would so I ignored the letter thinking that maybe it had been sent out in error. So since I hadn't not heard back from Priscilla or the IRS I email Priscilla again only to receive an email back stating that if I had any questions going forward to contact Melisa. She has not or will not call me back!!

Can someone PLEASE explain to me WHY I am being treated this way? I have NEVER not paid my taxes nor EVER not filed nor been in trouble with the IRS! The ONE and ONLY time I went to company to have my taxes done they not only do them WRONG but because of their mistake I end up owing more then I should and on top of that end up with late or penalty fees and be given the biggest run around and lied to!

Please contact me and explain to me how the corporate office would want or continue to employee someone who would do this to a customer!
Cindy Lapine
628 Sugar Brook Dr
Temple, Tx 76502
512-797-7902

Someone got a hold of my emerald card and took all the money off my card I don't know how they found out my pin to my card what can I do? I never recieved text on my phone saying money was being taken out

Droped off my tax documents at one of the offices that had prepared my taxes previously and was notified that the preparer could not do it and it was transfered to another office. Was assigned another preparer and months went by without any progress. After 6 monthes of emails and office visits the agent was incapable of doing the return!!!!!!!

As a reuslt I was sent over $5,000.00 worth of penalties and fines from the IRS.

Filing a complaint and hoping they Fire the Preparer and paying the fines!!!!!!

My mother and I, Yvonne Howard, are regulars at H&R Block. We have been getting our taxes done, with no complaints, at the same location for several years in Clinton Township, Michigan on Garfield Road. We have also been getting them done by the same tax specialist, Sotira Rrumbullaku, for a few years. This year we scheduled nothing different to have them done by Mrs. Rrumbullaku on March 2nd, 2019 at 2:15pm. We arrived at 2:15pm on the nose and was addressed by the office manager, Cynthia Zalewski, who simply told us that we'd be with her and to follow her. We paused and asked where was Sotira, whom we scheduled with. She told us that she had a family emergency and would be out of the office for a few weeks. We hesitantly agreed and followed her to her cubicle, where she began handling both of paperwork and organizing them into folders. My mother asked Ms. Zalewski if she wanted her to move some things out of the way, in which Ms. Zalewski very aggressively and irritably responded, "No, no, I'm just trying to get things organized." I noticed how irritable and unprofessional she was in her reply, but gave her the benefit of the doubt and proceeded. She began our taxes, filling in information into the system, without saying a word to neither me or my mother. She started with my mother's taxes, and the only time she would talk to her is if she was asking for information, such as a start/end date on a job. Normally, our tax preparers take the time to look for that information on our documents, in which this lady seemed annoyed to be there and uninterested in taking the time to help us so she asked for every detail. But she never filled us in on any information she was inputting into the system. She would start calculating numbers on her phone and inputting them into the system, without saying a word to us. At one point, my mother had to ask her what she was filling in because we were left out of the loop on our own tax information. Ms. Zalewski started entering in my mother's tax information for her Lyft job. She asked my mother for her mileage used while driving for Lyft. My mother was unaware that she needed this information. Instead of Ms. Zalewski working with her professionally and educating my mother on the importance of having those figures, she made judgmental facial expressions, huffed and puffed, and acted as if she was annoyed and my mother was stupid. I sat by and watched, yet said nothing. I continued to give her the benefit of the doubt in hopes that it would get better. My mother started trying to work out the figure that she needed for the mileage while Ms. Zalewski proceeded, asking her for a figure on gas. My mother hadn't kept that log either. I said to my mother, "You don't know that either?" My mother replied, "no". Ms. Zalewski, again, turned and stared at my mother in judgment and huffed and up. So my mother started calculating it and she came up with a figure based on her recollection. Ms. Zalewski asked for receipts, and I understand that she was supposed to. That isn't the issue. But when my mother said that she had no receipts, Ms. Zalewski paused and turned toward my mother and just looked at her as if she was the dumbest woman on the planet. It was very disrespectful. She huffed and puffed, and grunted, "Well I guess we can't do mileage then!" That's where I drew the line. I looked at my mother and asked if she wanted to come back and see someone else. My mother agreed. I said that Ms. Zalewski was rude in front of her face, to which she responded that she wasn't being rude. She immediately started packing up our things and handed them to us, which let me know that she didn't want to work with us, for whatever reason, anyway. First of all, this location should have let us know that Ms. Sotira would no longer be available, not throw us off on someone else. We felt safe with Sotira and would have waited on her return. Secondly, Ms. Zalewski should've addressed us with an apology first for Sotira's absence and asked if we'd be comfortable being taken care of by her. She literally just told us we were going with her, and when we questioned her about it, she gave a rushed answer as if she didn't feel like answering us. Thirdly, a tax preparer should be preparing our taxes WITH us, filling us in on every thing he/she is doing. As an office manager, she should know this. So there is no excuse for such unprofessional behavior when it comes to such important work that could literally ruin our lives if handled wrong. Fourthly, there is no reason why our tax preparer should be talking/looking to/at us aggressively or as if she is annoyed and don't want to be there. We shouldn't feel judged. This is our taxes, and her job is to educate us on something if she sees we're unaware. She wasn't dedicated to her job. She was rude and unprofessional from start to finish, and when she saw how disappointed we were, she made no effort to fix it. She packed us up and sent us on our way. My mother and I are far from entitled or nitpicky, and we never report bad behavior. But this couldn't be overlooked. She doesn't need to prepare taxes, let alone be the office manager. Maybe she feels like she could do this to us because of her position, but we can't sit by and allow this to continue to happen. Our taxes should've been done today and they aren't because of her unprofessionalism, from the absence of our scheduled tax preparer to the blatant disrespect we received during the process. I hope this is looked into. Thanks for listening.

Dear Corporate Office of H & R Block:

My name is Yvonne Howard. I have been a customer of H & R Block for a very long time. I love all of my previous tax specialist, but today my son and I walked out of H & R Block very disatisfied. I had an appointment at the tax office of the Imperial Plaza in Clinton Township, Michigan, to meet with Sotira Rrumbullaku. When my son and I arrived at the office for my appointment, Cynthia Zalewski came out to the desk and told us that we would be meeting with her. I asked what happened to my appointment with Sotira, and she then explained that Sotira had a family emergency and would be out of the office for a while. So we met with Ms. Zalewski. Ms. Zalewski, while doing our taxes, was very quiet. I had to ask her at one point to explain what she was doing. She never explained anything (which is what I am used to at H & R Block). Also, I drove for lyft on last year but did not know my mileage for last year and I didn't have any receipts. Ms. Zalewski replied with a disrespectful attitude, "well then I guess we won't be able to do any mileage." She even turned and stared at me in a disrespectful manor because I did not have any gas receipts when driving for lyft on last year. After a while of dealing with this disrespectful behavior, my son (openly) suggested that we leave and come back later to meet with someone else. He did not want her to do his taxes either. So we left without getting our taxes prepared. Once again, Ms. Zalewski was very disrespectful and I am writing to ask that Ms. Zalewski be reprimanded for her behavior?

The following is my telephone number and email address, as well as the address of the office of The Imperial Plaza, where Cynthia Zalewski works.

My telephone number is 313-740-8777, and my email address is: yhow_rd@yahoo.com.

Cynthia Zalewski
Senior Tax Analyst
Office Manager
Notary Public
41751 Garfield Rd.
Clinton Township, Michigan 48038
586-416-2320
cynthia.zalewski@tax.hrblock.com

I look forward to hearing from someone at the corporate office of H & R Block soon.

Yvonne Howard
Saturday, March 2, 2019

Started by taking a picture of my W-2 on h&r block web site to get an idea of what I may receive. My son went to one of your tax office too file and when he filed everything was correct, but the picture I took previously somehow transferred my SSN to his 1040 from your cloud or something. I was not aware of this until I tried to electronically file mine thru turbo tax online. The IRS rejected my taxes due to someone filing using my SSN. I called the IRS and started an identity theft process. My son said the IRS excepted his taxes, but when he checked on the status of his refund the IRS could no locate his taxes. This is when I noticed my SSN on his 1040 form. We called the h&r office too which they recommended me calling the IRS, but I said this is your problem so we made an appointment. The tax rep called and got my son's taken care of and refiled, but mine is going to take 6 months!! I was counting on this money for fuel oil, bills, etc... The tax rep was kind enough to give me my money back(29.00 filing fee) and interest I'm losing totalling $63.00. Your office did not tell the IRS what actually happened, but said it was a type o. People should be aware that you have a major glitch in your new snap a picture of your w-2's! Now I have to get a pin number every year to do my taxes and wait 6 months to get my refund. You have no idea how much stress this had put on me and I also had to call back the state police, ss office, bank accounts, state attorney general, and a lot more to let them know it was not identity theft. Please look into your new w2 snap a picture app.
Regards,
Randall Kerstetter

Form 1040 worksheet does not add correctly for 4a IRAs, pensions, and annuities although the taxable amount in 4b is correct. I have less gross income showing than the taxable amount which potentially could cause an edit failure at the IRS.

Contacting a person using your HELP automated system seems impossible.

I have used H&R for 20 plus years and this is the my complaint.

I would like my money refunded because H&R Block has caused me nothing but a headache. Our preparer apparently cannot read numbers. He did not put in our correct checking account number and now my checks have gone back to the IRS and NYS. Not fair.

My name is Benjamin Davis I filed my taxes this year the last week in January and I had a lady by the name of Gail wasingham and I believe she done my taxes incorrectly there was a one thousand dollar difference in my taxes from last year and everything was the same I don't believe I received my full child tax credit, and she did not explain anything to me nor did she show me, your ad on TV says 2 monitors one so I can see, that did not happen , I was completely lost at the end and couldn't believe what she took time to explain to me which was the charge for my tax preparation which blew my mind $ 409.00 dollars I was stunned, and couldn't do anything about , do u realize how much of my refund that takes away from me? It's alot alot, of money I could dearly use, I am a repeat customer also, I can promise u this I will not be doing my taxes with H&r block ever again, unless something is done about this,( I know I'm just a nobody to u and your company and will never receive a response to this situation that happened to me, I have been trying for over 25 days to have someone look into this) but I guess u got what u wanted which was a huge portion of my tax return...very unsatisfied customer... Thanks.

PURCHASED H&R BLOCK SOFTWARE NOT WORKING I HAVE ALWAYS USED TURBO TAX IN PAST NO PROBLEMS CAN NOT INSTALL EASY TO INSTALL

We filed our taxes last night with Mr Frank Pickel. Mr pickel was the best tax preparer I have ever had and the front receptionist, Charlotte I think was her name, was as sweet as an as a pear. The reason for this complaint is the office manager was absolutely out of line! Mr Pickel asked her a question about one of the forms and just helping him out she was rude and just putting him down she is just an awful manager from my standing point. When Mr Pickel asked me how much of my HSA had been withdrawn Lynann Mooney got in my face in an intimidating manner saying that the IRS would ask me about it and if I cant prove that I used it for the purpose of the HSA then I would be penalized. As I was trying to recall how much exactly I had refunded to me out of the account, Mr Pickel asked us if we used it all on medical expenses. That is when Lynann Mooney pushed herself off the desk out of my face and said "I don't think she did", and she just stormed off. We then told Mr Pickel that it was what we thought was $300 when we got home we was able to find the refund amount in the email finally and it was $14.16 that was refunded to us. It was refunded last month and we have the bank statement to prove it. Had it not been for Lynann Mooney being so extremely harsh on not only us but also Mr Pickel then we could have been calm enough to have given the correct information. We was going to exchange words with Mooney before we left but she left after she treated us so horribly. We was flabbergasted when we was told that she was the office manager! Mooney has no people skills at all and in my opinion has no business being in customer service. We was so flustered by our treatment we could not even have fun in the cubical like we had been, we all just shut down after the treatment she gave us. Before we left Mr Pickel thanked Mrs Montgomery for keeping her composure during Mooney's rant. Mr Pickel was able to lift our spirits and we did end up going home to our son in a much better mood all because of Mr Frank Pickel.

I am absolutely disgusted with the h and r block in Tamaqua pa.
I was told prior to arriving ,via phone call to confirm pricing on preparation, my taxes both state and federal would come to 150.00$.
Setup an appt later that day,taxes prepared ,woman stated I owed 376$ .
I was livid. . I had no other choice but to pay this amount since my taxes where already prepared .
I then ,proceeded to supply her with the ssc and birth cert needed ,a few hours after leaving this appt I get a phone call ,bot from this preparer ,but from the receptionist,apologizing for this other woman's mistake which was that she shred up ALL the documents that were needed to file my overly priced taxes that day ..
Well I was told since I was unavailable to bring these documents to her again ,that I needed to txt the receptionists personal cell phone these doc, or she will not process my returns. . As I was getting even more disgusted, I had no other choice but to do this, even if I knew this was a security breach for them to consider this!
I found out my taxes were never filed until 10 later from the time I was there ...
I DESERVE TO BE COMPENSATED FOR ALL THESEASONS MISTAKES ON THEIR PART,NOT MINE ,I DESERVE TO HAVE MONEY REFUNDED TO ME SINCE I WAS OVER CHARGED AND FALSELY GIVEN THE INCORRECT AMOUNT ,PLUS breach of privacy having to send doc via a person cell phone .!
This needs to be corrected !!!!!!! Like 2 weeks ago! Thank you

I made an appointment for Sunday 2/17/19 at 4pm (and there was also an option to schedule for 5pm).

The Friday before my appointment the office called me and requested I drop off my paperwork in order for them to expedite my process and be ready on Sunday. While on the phone they consistently asked me to change my appointment to 2pm or 3pm. I let them know I could not because I work. “IF” I got out of work on time I could possibly make it by 315-330pm but I prefer to keep my 4pm appointment to be safe. The lady immediately said ok perfect I will schedule you for 315pm. I again repeated myself and let them know I wanted to keep the 4pm appointment. They said I could not keep that appointment because they are closed at 4pm. I let them know the website offered 5pm, why would it offer 4pm and 5pm appointment options if they are closed and 3pm is the last appointment. She stated they only stay open that late if they have clients. I asked am I not a client that will be there at 4pm? She soon dropped the topic.

I took time off work and dropped off the paperwork. While at the office they told me again the issue with having a 4pm appointment and were again trying to force me to change my appointment. I again let them know 315-330 is earliest I could make it IF I got out of work right on time and there was no traffic. She said ok. I left my paperwork and less than 10 minutes later I received a text message saying they were confirming my 3:00pm appointment. They changed the time even after I told them not to.

I leave early from work to get to the office on Sunday at 2:55pm fearing I will miss the new appointment time and have my appointment canceled.

After waiting at the front desk for 3-4 minutes before someone came to the front, I let the person know I was there for my 4pm appointment. They said “it’s only 3pm”! I rexplained the entire situation and they said they will have to see if someone is available to see me or not.

I soon got sat with Suzanne Kwan. She pulls out my paperwork and says there is no way she can help me. She says she doesn’t understand my situation, doesn’t know what a 1099-k is, and can not do my taxes. She states she just opened the file right now even though it had been available to her since I dropped it off previously like they requested. She stated repeatedly to every question I had that the only person qualified to do my taxes is the person that did my taxes the year before and that that person no longer works there. She constantly brushed me off and tried to give me that persons info. It should be noted the office was empty other than the employees that were there. It was obvious mrs kwan did not want to do my taxes and was trying to rush me out the door and brush me off onto someone else another day. I asked her is there anyone in this office (if the 3-4 employees still there) that is qualified to do my taxes. She said abruptly “no”. It was clear at that point nothing was going to get done and she didn’t care. I do not understand why if she legitametly is not qualified to do taxes why would they have scheduled her with me.
I called the person who did my taxes the year before who now is a manager in another district. She was able to call the office and get the employees to take me back in and schedule me with someone qualified.
The employees let me back in and scheduled me for Tuesday at 630pm (I have to take time off from work and schedule an extra employee to cover my shift to make this appointment but agreed to the appointment).
On Tuesday at 5pm I get a call stating my tax professional won’t be able to meet with me. I let them know I do not have any preference at all who I see. Anyone that can do my taxes is fine. I am missing too much work and it is costing me too much money to hire employees to cover me. They said they will call me back and reschedule again.
This service has been unbelievably disappointing.

I've used them off and on gor for over 20 years this was the first year that my State refund was intercepted to pay fees and advance money. Owed to HR Block. I was NOT told . It was ALWAYS taken out of my Federal refund. I would have Never done it and will NOT AGAIN.

I have joint.custody of Montana my little girl .I don't pay child support I have her over half the time ..my problem is me and her mother take turns claiming her every year .when it's my turn I can't do it unless she's there and signs .but she can go in to your place and do it with out me that's sexist .you won't equal rights how the hell is that right .you automatic figure a man don't raise his kids and it's the woman .

Received CD in mail. After purchasing Fed and State returns CD does not load. The company rep stated they do not give refunds. Will be contacting bank to stop payment. Tried downloading several times. Won't use H & R again

I filed online and received my tax returns via direct deposit, This all occurred last week.

1. The online program does not allow any way to claim my Mortgage insurance Premium.
2. the day after I filed I received a W-2 I had forgotten to enter, so I am trying to file an Amendment online.
3. The first question says it appears I have not yet filed my return online, even though it shows online that I did. .
4. When printed several forms said not to file as the forms are apparently not approved for filing via mail.
5. I decided to take my amendment to an HR Block Office in Parker Colorado, and Ruth said she could review and prepare my Amendmentg for mailing with the correct forms for under 100 dollars, but could not do it until mid week. I called Castle Rock and they said they could do it for 29.99.
They were both aware (I have emails) that I prepared the amendment online. Being an amendment I wanted HR block review to ensure everyting was dress right dress. I emailed all my documents to the Castle Rock Location last Friday. They forgot about it so I called back on Monday as the Monte was not working over the weekend. Monday another person reviewed what I sent and said they could not do anything as It was not in their system. He said I had to download all the forms and enter manually.

I have been doing taxes through H&R Block for the last Twenty years, and this makes me want to never use H&R Block again. After many hours I Am no further along getting my corrections made or getting it filed.

Please call me to discuss.

Darrel Hart
720-880-8835

On the web site it does not state your priced is higher than &59 for basic 1040 no matter what the location. It does not state you must go to a corporate or franchise location to get the $59 fee. That should be made absolutely clear so that people can get their maximum amount.

After completing my 2018 tax return forms, my check for payment for the service was refused.
I understand it was Telecheck that did the refusal, but you subscribed to Telecheck. The grounds for refusal were completely baseless. The manager at my bank we incredulous.
At that point, who knows more about my financial affairs that HR Block. You look so silly as a result.
Great way to treat a customer!

I have used the software before and this time purchased the download version. When I tried to import last years file I kept getting an error message. Tried getting telephone support and what a joke. I kept getting told I was reaching the software dept but after hearing my issue was again told I have to transfer you to the software department. After an hour on the phone and 4 transfers I still was being told I had to be transferred! And because I purchased the online version I cannot even return for a refund. Basically paid 45.00 for absolutely nothing

Worst experience ever. 4 o’clock appointment and it’s now 5. The preparer acted as if she didn’t know she had the appointment. Said she had to eat. Ridiculous, rude, and unprofessional. Will not return here ever. And will tell all my colleagues and friends to choose another location.

Made a appointment on Tuesday had taxes done for 2017 and 2018. Told they would have to double check 2017 taxes amd would do that Tuesday night. Now Friday. I called and was told my taxes were just put aside because they were busy with clients. What am I.

I believe that H&R Block is unfair to retires. Tax preparation for a simple return that has W2 forms is $59.00. Tax preparation for a retiree, no matter how simple the return is, starts at $139. And then more fees are added if there is interest to report. I paid just a couple of dollars less for the reporting of my interest than I received in interest. And the interest reporting fee increases with each increase in interest. Also they charge $59 for the preparation of the State return even if there is no state taxable income. My tax return ended up costing me $209 even with a $25 coupon. I am accustomed to paying less for things as a retiree, not more. Retirees are a segment of our community who usually have less of an income than the taxpayers with W2 forms, and they should not have to pay more for tax preparation when the return is a simple one.

We are writing in regard to the H&R Block office at 248 Country Side Plaza, Mount Pleasant, PA 15666. We had an appointment for today, Feb 4, 2019 at 2:00 PM. When we got there the office was quite busy but we didn't worry because we had an appointment. Well after 30 minutes of waiting we were told that they were running behind which was fine but that we would have to wait longer because there was someone else that had walked in with no appointment before us and wanted to see the women we were scheduled with (Beverly Queer). Now we understand that she was behind but we had the appointment and to have to wait until someone who just walked in would go before us was not right. The receptionist was so unprofessional when we went up to cancel the appointment, all she could say when I said but we had an appointment was "I know, I know". So why make an appointment if they are not going to honor it. We will never go there or recommend them to anyone ever again. That appointment should have bumped the walk in person immediately and when Beverly was done with the client she was with we should have gone in and not wait for someone who was a walk in bump us down. We would not give this office a good review at all and if we could no stars at all. It was a terrible experience.

Timeline Tax Return Filing 1/20/2019
Date Action Taken
1/20/2019 Filed 2018 taxes with H&R Block
Located 16852 N Cave Creek Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032
Doreen Ugalde is the Senior Tax Analyst. Also, I applied for the Refund Advance on that day.

1/23/2019 Doreen called from H&R Block office stating the Pin is wrong on the return. She also said the return was rejected by the IRS on 1/23/2019. She also stated that she will re-apply for the Refund Advance for me because my return was rejected by IRS on the 20th.

1/23/2019 My federal return was accepted by the IRS.

1/24/2019 State return was accepted by Arizona.

1/29/2019 Received Arizona refund on the Emerald card and H&R Block took their fee of $350.00 approx.

At the time of the filing of my 2018 taxes I applied for the Refund Advance loan and as of today I have not received any word from H&R Block about the status of the loan. Each time I have called either the local office or the customer service department I get the loan request is pending. It has been pending since 1/23/2019.

Each time I have called the local office or customer service they have blame each other for
the issue neither one has offered to help me resolve the issue. The only thing I have been told,
if I called the local office they tell me to call customer service. I called customer service and
they tell me to call the local office I did my taxes and to speak to Doreen Ugalde.

I just want the issue resolve and not get the runaround about my taxes. For the last ten years I have filed my taxes with H&R block and never encountered such chaos and confusion. This
year between the local offices and customer service in H&R Block no one seem to know what
is going on with taxes and how to resolve issues concerning taxes. I have been waiting over 5 days to get an answer about the loan status. For the confusion and chaos, I would like to be
reimbursed my filing fee of $350.00 and $3500.00 for the stress and anxiety of this. I am
thinking about leaving H&R Block for all the crap I had to put up with this year. And I will inform the BBB. Also I will inform my Friends and Family to leave H&R Block. I have called the local media TV stations and they want to do a story about H&R Block horrible tax experiences for 2019.

Dawn Higgins

I even told the woman lisa uphsus in the batesville office that our vehicle reg were deductible an she said no it wasnt well i lost that deduction. She totally screwed us on our indiana state taxes.

THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS AS I JUST SAW THE COMMERCIAL SEVERAL TIMES AND IT STATES YOU CAN GET UP TO $3,000 CASH ADVANCE WHEN YOU FILE IN PERSON OR ONLINE. I WAS TOLD YOU CAN ONLY DO IT IN PERSON BUT THE COMMERCIAL STATES OTHERWISE. I COULD HAVE HAD MONEY A FEW WEEKS AGO WHAT A JOKE.

Had an appointment for 6pm and the walk ins were taken before us after waiting an hour. So I'll take my business elsewhere. 2nd loop road Florence SC 29501

I have been a loyal client of H&R Block for 15+ years and the last 2 of 3 years have been the absolute worst I have ever experienced. Overcharged and poor service and attitude, period. Especially, Sandra at the office on Joy Road, in Canton, Michigan. "Yes, it's $198 to prepare your taxes, what do you expect???!!!" Not only can I prepare my own taxes for free online, but I am a United States Marine Veteran who has access to free tax preparation. I believe in supporting other's work and the local economy, however, next year forward, you will not have me as a client. I will strongly recommend to any and all that ask me, not to use H&R Block. If you had fewer stars to give, I would do so, but voting with my wallet and no longer using your services speaks volumes. Good luck. Regards, Keith Webb, Plymouth, Michigan

H&R block called me and schedule an appointment for me I went in 15 minutes early and then they told me all were sorry we don't have time to take you today

I rang H&R Block Lismore to get my last 2 years tax returns for the purpose of a home loan top up. I spoke to the receptionist Lyndall. She was rude from the word go. At the end of the conversation she hung up on me. I couldn't believe she did that. I've been going there for something like the last 10 to 15 years. Not going back there anymore. I do not need to be spoken rude to. I am a polite man and I don't need no young check girl being rude to me and hanging up in my ear!! I am an Employment Consultant at the moment and I will be sure to tell everybody of the rudeness of H&R Block.

I contacted the H&R Block office that prepared my return the last few years needing information from prior years return because this year I am doing my own. My best friend has prepared my taxes the last several years as her and her husband ran 4 offices in Sparta , Red Bud , Chester and Waterloo Illinois. Since last tax season they have divorced and earlier this year I needed info for my daughters fasfa and contacted my best friend to see if she knew how to get ahold of someone in the office and she sent her ex Husband Matt Eisenhauer and the office manager a message asking if they could please email me a copy of my 2017 return. They did not contact me nor email the info I was asking for. I just received a nasty email from Matt Eisenhauer trying to degrade my best friend. Nothing got taken care of then and I dropped it. Now I need the information for my own tax return and called the office and the woman named Donna who answered in the Sparta office was nice until I told her who I was and what I was needing. She even made a snide remark telling me good luck at getting ahold of matt myself. I then tried calling Matts personal phone and no answer and then sent him a text message and he again would not help me. Said he could not because of privacy. I understand that but I live 4-5 hours away and I've always conveyed my tax info thru email and approved everything in the past. I can verify who I am also. That being done I called the Bloomington office and they were amazing helped me right away with no hassle. Its sad that someones personal life can dictate how their clients are treated whether family, friends or neither. I should have been helped by someone and not had to go through the mess I did to get the information I was needing.

been going to HR BLOCK for 30 yrs file her tax and mine we just changed to Jackson hawet last 2 years there always high rates that's why I switched didn't want to we both file short forms takes 15 min to do. thank you

Vincent r liberato 9146088569

Yes my name is Robert Kiser I have always done business with H & R Block filing my Taxes every year!
Anyway I went a week before Christmas got $500.00 advance on the Emerald Card
Amy Elmore the Mgr took care of me and stated that I could come back on January 2, 2019 get $3000.00 advance on my tax refund that I was approved already and not have to file my taxes at that time.I went January 2nd the office stated they were not doing any refund advances due to government shut down.
I then found out that had changed so I went back January 10th 2019.
Amy Elmore started to do everything and said my money would be on my card probably the next day due to being after 5pm.
I then got a text a hour later stating I had been denied and would get a letting within 30 days in the mail.
This is my problem and H & R Block Officer Stated that I was approved and then hour later I get a text stating I was denied! This Is Totally Unprofessional.
I reached out to Amy Elmore sent her the message I received she said she would look at when she got back into the office she what she could do.
I Text her and she stated it was denied still .
Now this has cost me $389.00 tax preparation fee that I would have avoided if I would have known in this in the first place.
I ask for H & R Block Cooperate # she stated that her District Mgr said this was preapproval only!
Now And H & R Block Told Me That I Was Preapproved And Was Mislead!
This Is Not How You Do Business At All ! Now I'm In Financial Hardship Do To Being Misled By And H & R Block Officer And Mgr Of The Office!
I Did Not Want To File My Taxes At The Time And Was Told I Did Not Have To Get The Refund Anticipation Loan!Then In The Process She Stated That I Have To Get The Loan!
Also The Tax Credit I Think Was Wrong!
It Said I Was Only Getting $568.00 Per Child I Have 3 Dependents I Never Received That Low I Was Told That Had Increased To $2000.00 Per Child!
This Has Been Totaly Handled Incorrectly At Best!
Last I Dont Want My Full Refund In This Emerald Car I Wanted To Go In My Bank Account!
My Question Is Can This Be Reversed And Not Have To Pay All This Money Since I Was Mislead By And H & R Block Officer!
I Want This Addressed Immediately!
Office I went To Was
H & R Block
3500 Ross Clark Circle Ste 350
Dothan AL 36303

Amy Elmore Was The Office Mgr That Took Care And Completed Everything!
I Want A Resolution On This Immediately!

Robert Kiser
Rkiser74@gmail.com
334-797-0909

Me and my wife contacted H&R block in Oxnard California regarding current and past tax returns which needed to be completed
for our business due to Pay Pal doubling our revenues and making us have to go back three years and input all sales etc by hand
so when we took our returns to H&R Block in Oxnard Calif we spoke to a Sabrina Prendergast and explained our problem and that we needed to get this started ASAP due to letters from the IRS she said that she had never done business taxes but her associate would help her with them SHOULD HAVE WALKED OUT RIGHT THEN but due to our past tax preparation company costs are way more then we could afford we thought that since it was H&R Block whom was supposed to be a reputable company that they would be able to help us that was on Sept 20 2018 it is now December 9th 2018 and we have not heard a word from them we have tried contacting them with no luck now the IRS is sending letters stating the amounts owed and saying they are going to start garnishments how can we get help with this issue ? Please Help

Jeff & Traci Hicks 805-861-4448

I just received a bill from the CA FTB saying I owe them $1931 dollars because my "qualifying" dependent really doesn't qualify, even though your software said she did. Turned 18 in Nov 2017, but a full time high school/college student. I pay all her expenses. Check, check, check, But she made more than $4050 dollars in income, which according to them disqualifies her. YOUR SOFTWARE NEVER ASKED THAT QUESTION or I would have changed my filing status from HOH to SINGLE. Now I have to pay them $1931. You product is crap. Was told Turbo Tax would have COMPARED all returns for a family to one another and pointed this out, Yours doesn't. I have been a faithful customer for many years, not any more.

I own a small business just starting out. They have had my information for months now and still nothing. They say they are senior tax people and have been doing this for years. The spanaway office is where my taxes were transferred to because the office on Mt. HWY lied said they could do it but then said they had no idea how too. It takes weeks for them to call me back then gives me the run around and the lady Ann Marie is always out of the office and blaming her coworker Courtney for it not getting done .I could go on and on but I would never ever refer anyone to go to H&R Block . I personally think they all should be fired.

your holding my refund check hostage since April 20 th, and refuse to send it to me
until your done making interest off of my money. and you could care less..Their isn't a single word in the
English language to describe how I feel about h&r block...I know your not going to respond to this
anymore than you return your phone calls.. your a mickey mouse poor excuse for a company..
how you continue to stay in business is one for Ripley's believe it or not. you belong behind bars.
your thieves..

After working with H&R Block for 10 years this will be my last year with them they did not file my correct taxes cost me an unnecessary fee and refuse to correct it

I filed my taxes in the East Haven, Ct office on January 17th. For the 2nd year in a row, they have messed up my state income tax, they can not tell me when my federal return was accepted and people are rude. I have asked 4 times for a manager to call me, and no one does. When I last spoke to the person who did my taxes earlier this week, she told me she gets paid to file and I will get my taxes eventually. She stated I should have gone elsewhere. I feel I shouldn't have to pay for the services I did not recieve.

We filed our taxes as we usually do with H&R Block in Sigourney Iowa. When all was said and done we were told we were getting a rtefund of $4000 + from the Federal govt. and $1200 + from our State, a little over $5200. We asked at least 3 different times if the lady doing the taxes was sure and she said yes. We bought the piece of mind just to be sure. We paid $294 dollars and left the office thinking our taxes had been e-filed and everything was fine. 36 hours later, (a day and a half) we received a phone call from our tax preparer. She said the computer had updated and we now owe $2820 dollars to the federal govt. and would only get $183 dollars back from the state. This is an $8000 dollar mistake. We have tried to resolve this and we keep getting the run around. Twice we have been told someone from the claims department would contact us, no call yet, it has been several weeks. Each time we try to meet with someone from the office something always comes up they always have an excuse. We would just like our money refunded, our taxes filed correctly so we can be done with this.This has been going on for several weeks now. We will never use H&R Block again unless this is resolved to our satisfaction.

Had an appointment at 4 and bc there was 5 minutes before our appointment the tax preparer (Jackie) for our appointment looked at me and said "it's not 4 yet" then proceeded to take a walk in while we had to wait past out appointment time instead of take us 5 mins early!! Very upset and aggravated, as we do not file for free, we do in fact file for hundreds of dollars fee. We came in to the Zephyrhills, Fl location at 7856 Gall Blvd.

I was scammed by customer service to pay 24.99 for some plus benifits after paying i looked up online and found i was getting nothing at all different then the free version offers. I phoned customer service and was told its only 24.99 why are you so upset. I explained the situation and was told nothing they can do. The operator refused to give her name or operator number then hung up. I work for the newspaper in pa and i am sure im going to get this scam of hr block out to the public before others throw away there money. I called turbotax to get there referral info to place in my report.

H&R Block prepared my taxes for 2018, everything was fine until I was asked if I had medical insurance. I said I had it til September of 2017, she asked why, I simply said because I'm looking for a job. Then she proceeds to tell me that she is going to be the one to tell me that i need medical insurance. Frankly, its none of her business as to why i dont have it. I told her to stop talking about it and she continued to lecture me. Im an adult and im aware of what i need. I don't need to be treated as if i were a child. Her name is Patty costanza, n main location in rockford il

I went to h and r block to file my tax return and I was under the impression that I would receive funds that same day. I even asked the "tax professional" when the funds would be available on this card she gave me(The Emerald Card) and she told me within 24 hours. I was not happy that they charged me a total of $281.00 on a return of only $1,212.00 but took into consideration that this is the price I pay for a quick return. I even said so to the"tax professional" and she agreed. Turns out she was wrong. The correct answer would have been 21 days. If I had known this I would have done my taxes myself like I usually do and saved almost $300.
Hey H and r block.....tax season is not an ideal time to train.......the other "tax professional" that was doing the training was back and forth between her(the trainee) and other customers during my appointment. The last time I spoke with the tax professional that was doing the training was 3:00, she said she was going to call the higher ups and see what could be done. Thats what I get for counting on h and r block,> my husband is in the hospital and not doing well and I have 10 days to move due to the property being sold where we reside. I scheduled time off with my work so I could find a new home in time for when my husband is released from the hospital. I never should have put so much faith into h and r block....Now Im screwed. I may be stuck here, get evicted, and then how am I supposed to find someone that will rent to me? And the woman who was being trained.....dont blame her, she was not being properly trained, obviously. Thanks for taking advantage of me h and r block...NEVER AGAIN.

I've contact hr block 33 times yes 33. They said they did a investagation on my fraud statement. N they closed it. So I called again to ask them how they did this bc there were transactions being made at the same time 50miles apart. So then they assigned me Natale n she doesn't return calls. N when she does she try's blaming you. When I'm disable can't speak well n around on me. I explained I only have one card n she kept asking me if I gave it lost it etc.. n the transactions are being made at the same time in different areas n this has been going on since July n this is now October?? Hr block investagation was a bunch of crap... and since they sat on their thumbs all video evidence is gone. So yes I believe I have a right to be upset. N I want my money back

This is a note I had to sent to the recruiter for you classes in Orlando. I feel, in my worse day at work, I could do better at informing potential clients of class   cancellations or changes. If this is the caliber of individual you have working, it is disappointing. I am positive I could do better.

Quezada, Marielle Michelle (marielle.quezada@tax.hrblock.com

Good Morning

At the moment I am highly disappointed in H&R Block.
     1. I never received the code you stated I needed to enroll in the course which started today, so
     2. I went to the address where the course was to be held and waited until after 10 AM, the start time, and no one showed.

Is the evening class from 6:30 to 9:30 still going to be held.

Not sure I will go with H&R Block anymore for my taxes. In the end they are starting to charge way more with the launch of "Block Advisors". It just does not make sense when Tax Act and others are charging $29 still and H&R is not getting with the times.

Please, do NOT hire H&R Block for financial services. They do document and rip off peoples personal and business information.

There was a charge put on my H&R Block account that I did not authorize and I've called over and over to talk to someone about this but I'm just getting the run around. I also wanted to stop the same company from being able to get more money over and over again. Will not be recommending this service after they ignored my phone calls to their customer complaint hotline.

Went to H&R Block to get my taxes filed the last three years. Each year the service seems to get a little worse, but the price stays the same. This past year they barely took 30 minutes with me and seemed very rushed. I hope they slow way down and get back to focusing on positive customer service experiences. That is my only complaint, and the change would need to come from the H&R Block corporate office.

No compaints here about the company. H&R Block helped me in filing my IT - returns for this financial year and it's a great relief. It is a full-service tax consultancy firm with qualified CAs, CPAs and other experienced Tax Experts for individual and Corporate accounts.

Well it is pretty necessary that we maintain and manage our financial transactions regular and H&R Block is the best place as it has 365 days frequency, error free and our documents are 100% secured. It not only helps in IT filing, but also in IT calculation, Tax scrutiny assistance, registration and advance tax quarterly services too. I suggest to ring up or text in H&R Block for the above services to get the best work done for you. I have done my taxes several years in a row and from the corporate office on down everyone in this organization seems to be world-class.

Have feedback for H&R Block?