IKEA Customer Service

Contact IKEA Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-888-888-4532

IKEA is a private retailer specializing in Scandinavian home furnishings and ready to assemble furniture. There are over 380 retail outlets worldwide in 48 countries, including Europe, Asia, North/South America, Africa and Asia. There were over 172,000 employees listed in 2016 and revenues were reported in 2014 as EURO3.329billion. In 2010 there were over USD 23.1 billion goods sold.

To reach Consumer Relations call 1-888-888-4532. You may also find support information here. If you would like to write to CEO, Peter Angefjall at the US corporate office, address your envelop with: IKEA American Corporate Office Headquarters, 420 Alan Wood Road, Conshohocken, PA 19428, USA. Corporate office phone number is 610-834-0180.

ounder Ingvar Kamprad’s initials added to Elmtaryd (farm of childhood) and Agunnaryd (hometown) give IKEA acronym. Most wood based products start as Swedwood in Southern Poland. Social presence is found on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.

IKEA Contact Information

• IKEA headquarters address

• 420 Alan Wood Road, Conshohocken, PA 19428

1-888-888-4532

Browse reviews of other Furniture Stores

Top IKEA Complaints

I was lied to several times about my delivery and items in it. And two representatives hung up on me. I need to speak to a manager that can assist .

Abhorrent customer service. Paid for delivery. Item arrived broken. Customer service offered to have new sent in a week. Only offered refund of original shipping and wanted me to pay for new shipping! After over an hour of back and forth only offered $50 gift card for future purchase. Could not use it on current purchase! 7-10 for e gift card!! HORRIBLE

I ordered a mattress & sheet set from IKEA on 9/15/21. On the delivery date of 9/22/21, the 3rd party freight company tried to deliver a DESK belonging to a person with the same last name as myself. I refused and called IKEA. They promised to call me back within 48 hrs to offer a resolution of actually delivering what I paid for or issuing a refund. They never called. I called back on 9/24/21 not having heard back. At that time I was promised a refund and $50 gift card. The IKEA rep sent an email verifying my refund and the gift card. It is now 18 days with no refund. Without my approval or knowledge IKEA and it's 3rd party processor attempted to restart my delivery in direct violation of my wishes and counter to what I was promised IN WRITING. So I called them a 3rd time to chew them out, and ask where my money was? I got a whole bunch of excuses and double talk. At this point as I write this I am preparing to call IKEA (4th time) tomorrow morning and advise them of my intent to file criminal felony fraud charges against them. The amount of money they owe me meets the threshold for a Felony in both my home state of WA and federal statutes. So I intend to file a criminal complaint against them. Also I happen to be a 2x disabled person who is in the process of learning how to walk again. IKEA knows this and has made NO effort to meet the basic legal requirements for refunding me. That money is needed for PT equipment I have to buy out of pocket, and to eat. But they don't care!

Hi

I order kitchen cabinets for entire kitchen with paid inside home delivery, they delivered & place my order outside home In front of Garage " Curb Side" without notifying me before or after finishing job - I just suddenly receive a text message stating that: order delivered. I was at home & waiting whole day at home for delivery - I went out of home and noticed whole cabinets left outside around 4:00PM and called IKEA with no good response & my wife / myself tried to take it in before getting dark, but my wife injured her knee & finally paid 300 dollars to workers passing around house & they delivered all to inside of home. I called IKEA customer service & talked with Brain & Alex Costa Mesa store managers. They refuse solve the issue with bad attitude ( mostly Brian). I am requesting to be get paid 300 dollars . I had excellent experience with planning department with Donald.

First , Ikea has to change delivery company, they are rude and very unprofessional. I placed orders and pay extra for delivery , but this delivery people never show up and changed delivery date without give any notice and I still didn’t get my orders. They told me I changed schedule but I never call them ,I know they just lied to me for giving me excuse. I think delivery company in longisland ruined ikeas reputation. I am not kidding IKEA u better get rid off this unprofessional delivery company.

I was trying to get a replacement for a Linnmon table top I received damaged and I waited and waited two months to only be told that my replacement delivery was cancelled twice and it will not happen.The customer service rep actually lied to me for two months straight.I tried to purchase the 23 x39 Linnmon table top again but they want me to pay $128 for shipping a $8.99 item!!! Go to hell Ikea!!!

MITTBACK
Trestle, birch22 7/8x27 1/2/36 5/8 "
article no: 304.599.97

product depth size is incorrect in image. instead of 13 3/4" you have 31 3/4".
just noticed and thought of reported.

This has to be my worse experience with any company. I had to wait over 2 hours to purchase a closet. The representative at the store informed me that they had the closet and can have it shipped to me my by September 1. Once I received the closet as I assembled half of it. I realized I was missing the other half. This is really frustrating if you don't have the part why did you charge me for it and gave me false information.

Worst customer service ever !!! Management is dumb Too !!! So sad if you cannot provide the service close down !!!!!

We did an in store purchase and the scheduled date was pushed back twice. The first time I called, the order was missing and when I called the second time, no information was applicable to me about what the delivery status was, what I can do, nothing. Really poor on your part. We spent a lot of money at your store and not being able to be taken care of Is really frustrating to be treated like this.

Hello,
I ordered some items including glasses with 311508212356826 order number from Turkey Ikea. One of the glasses was broken while shipping. Although I have sent them 3 messeges, they haven't sent me any. They are so uninterested. They should have returned me at least. Because it isn't my fault, they have to compansate it.

I recently purchased a 9-drawer dresser at the Elizabeth NJ IKEA. In a nutshell, I had to make an unnecessary return - due to the carelessness of the Warehouse CS rep. who got me the 3 dresser boxes...

I purposely asked the rep (3 times!) if I had the CORRECT COLOR. She replied, 'yes' - without looking at the boxes. I got home, and found the dresser was the WRONG COLOR.

I also found out that IKEA has color-coded stickers on boxes so reps can easily ID colors! The worst customer service I've had in many years!

The two items i sought were out of stock. One was displayed on showroom floor but no advice that it was not available. The other, a type of shelving, required a long, unproductive search before it was determined it was not to be found. The visit to Ikea was a colossal waste of time and I won't be back.

Colin McKenzie

I purchased Alex desk Order :176723118 with Ikea on April 21, the table had a faulty piece for which I called them at least 5 times till now , they sent me a wrong replacement at first after almost 3 months of waiting and calling them number of times. The final time I called them they gave me this case number : 7242511 almost 1.5 week before and was told I will receive the replacement on 31st August which I haven't received it yet with no updates on the same. I am tired of calling them and waiting for hours on phone to get in touch with them.

I ordered a product from Ikea Turkey on May 23rd. The delivery is not made yet. They keep us saying they will send but nothing comes. My order number is 312305211625916. I never lived such a problem with any other company.

Dear Ikea Manger,
My name is Mohammed El-Hussain. I am writing to complain of the poor service I received from Ikea. On 07/13/2021, I bought several Ikea products under Order Numbers: iSell No.: 389668969 and iSell No.: 389674091 – from IKEA store located at 1000 IKEA Pl, Grand Prairie, TX 75052 USA. The total cost of the purchased items is US $2,738.53 (under two purchase receipts US$ 2,328.23 & US$ 410.30), and some items supposed to be delivered on 07/18/2021 by North American Logistics.
The problems that I’ve faced can be summarized as the following:
• Regarding iSell No.: 389668969, all items were delivered except for the FRIHETEN Sleeper sofa Skiftebo dark gray (Art Nr. 903.411.51), which was confirmed the availability at the store during the purchase by Ikea salespersons. But, when I’ve inquired about the reason for not being delivered, Ikea customer service informed me that this item was not available at the time of purchase, which is not true! They mentioned it will be available on 08/02/2021 and will be scheduled for delivery afterward, which is totally unacceptable!
• Regarding iSell No.: 389674091, the items supposed to be delivered on 07/18/2021 by North American Logistics. I’ve waited the whole day at home for the delivery, but no one showed up. Then I got an email from North American Logistics mentioning the delivery was re-scheduled on 07/25/2021, which is totally unacceptable!
• Ikea Customer Service Call Center contact is terrible. It took too long – more than an hour - to be connected with Ikea customer service representatives at (888) 888-4532!
• Also, I’ve tried calling North American Logistics several times regarding my delivery, but no response!
I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem. I look forward to hearing from you.
Mohammed El-Hussain

I ordered some furniture to be delivered. When we started building it, we discovered that there were 14 screws missing which was annoying in itself. I phoned up customer service who said it would be 7-14 to deliver them. I explained that i needed the bed asap so she arrange for them to be ready for collection from Bristol Ikea which is an hour drive away. My son went to collect them with the reference number we were given only to be told they didnt have any and they would post some out in 3 - 5 days. I then called up customer service again to explain what was happening. on her system it showed that they were in stock so she called Bristol. It took her 15 minutes to get through to someone. Finally she spoke to Chris who said they had got the screws and he would get it sorted. My husband has just got home from work to discover that they have not given us the right screws. I am absolutely flabbergasted. This is just not acceptable. My husband is now phoning customer services back. But this is costing us a lot of time, energy and fuel to get this situation resolved, as no doubt we are going to have to go back over. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter asap.

Order no. 178324327 dt.15.06.2021 of Hyderabad store, India
Scheduled to deliver on 23.06.2021
No delivery till to date
No specific intimation when it would be delivered.

I recently bought three pieces of bedroom furniture and have tried to book someone from task rabbit to come and assemble the items. For two items the tasker cancelled at the eleventh hour twice now and I’ve been unable to actually book an appointment for the third item. I find this extremely disappointing especially as IKEA support this company on their online website and are in fact letting IKEA customers down. I now have three pieces of furniture purchased from IKEA thinking that a company working along side them would assemble said furniture, instead I now have to find someone else to complete the task. I am extremely disappointed with both IKEA and taskrabbit because neither company are fulfilling services they are promoting.

Purchased 2 sofas showing wear within 4 weeks couldn't contact ikea 6 weeks they sent out ecco master after numerous calls they got report told me I was getting a full refund and I called to ask for uplift and refund they now say today replacement, but I don't like the quality of cushions or covers.

Online order for delivery. Deliver never made. Spent 2 hours on phone with customer service to schedule again. No delivery. Spent 3 hours on phone (mostly on hold waiting for the person I was transferred to pick up). 2 transfers later I was given a case # and refund in 7-14 days. 20 days later I was credited minus the $49 delivery fee plus tax. Called again, customer service representative was watching tv, using the microwave and munching into the phone. I was on the phone for 90 minutes to get this straightened out. Will I really get this fee credited..I'll know in 20 days...maybe

I bought a bed and a mattress. The mattress months ago came up with a bubble on the side. Today 5/2/21 I was laying down watching TV and I her a noise cracked and everything went down to the floor I hot up and lift the mattress and the metal bar form the middle the hold the mattress broke know I don't have a bed. What is the warranty and what can I do at this point?

I just received my order of the melltorp table today and there are several parts of the table top where the white paint is chipped off when i first opened it from the box. These chipped off parts are on the TABLE TOP which can be seen clearly whenever i look at the table. I do not mind if there’s chipped off parts on the underside of the table, but this is on the table top which can be seen clearly. I have waited very long for the table to arrive and am very disappointed to see the chipped off parts on the table top. Please send me a new table top part as I cannot stand looking at the chipped off parts whenever i look at the table.

The bottom sheet of this office chair gets automatically torn apart and fallen.

To whom it may concern:
I have purchased many, many items online and I store! Never had an issue. On January 26 I made an online order for a kitchen island and selected “express delivery” as I needed the island by the Tuesday. I received a confirmation saying it was paid for and would be delivered by truck on Tuesday, January 28 between 13:00-17:00. I tried to track my order online with my order number, but the system wasn’t working on your website. My kitchen island didn’t arrive. I called IKEA and was waiting for an hour, but no one ever came to the line so I hung up. The next morning I called again and waited 45mins before connecting with Charlie. I explained the situation. He confirmed my order should have been delivered the previous day and apologized. He said he didn’t know why or where it was but would get the delivery company to call me within 4-6hrs. I received no such call. I called back after 6hrs and waited ANOTHER hour to speak to someone, and finally got ahold of Nancy. I explained the situation once again and she apologized and confirmed again it should have been delivered. She said she’ll make another request to find the kitchen island and have delivery company could all me back... assuring me it should arrive today (Wednesday - a day later than I paid for). I waited another 6 hours, and no call. I once again called IKEA that early evening and was on hold for 1 hour and 22 minutes and still no answer. I was feeling completely frustrated and hung up. Today is Thursday, still no call. I called IKEA and waited ANOTHER HOUR and spoke to a gentlemen who I explained everything to again! I said at this point I want to speak to a manager, but he said he had the same power as a manager and can try to resolve the situation. He looks into my file and says “your order has been cancelled!” I told him that can’t be possible because 3 previous representatives have confirmed its order, payment and delivery. He asked to put me on hold (on hold for 45 mins!!!) and he came back and said he was going to transfer me to someone who could do something! Why was I waiting for another 45 minutes to get that answer? I asked that he would PLEASE explain the situation to the “next person” so that I wouldn’t have to explain AGAIN. He said he would. I was placed on hold for ANOTHER 40 mins. Then Shannon comes on the line and asks me to explain. The previous gentlemen failed to do so. I explained AGAIN and she put me on hold to “look into it.” First asked for me to email proof of email confirmation. I did. Waited ANOTHER 30 mins. She comes back and says they need proof the payment was taken from my credit card before she can do anything. My husband has the password to our credit card so I emailed him at work to send it to me. In the meantime I asked that she would tell me how she would remedy the situation once we knew the payment has gone through or not. She refused to until she knew. I said regardless of whether the payment went through or not, I’d like to know how you’re going to compensate for the mistakes, miscommunication, cancellation, and hours of me waiting on the phone (I have a toddler and new puppy who need me and I’ve had to leave him watching a tv show while I wait for someone to help me!!). She said “we don’t compensate for your time.” So rude!!! But then said I wouldn’t pay shipping. Obviously I won’t pay shipping!! And the best she could do was a $50 gift card. But that’s it. She said she would call back in a half hour to see if my husband had sent me a screenshot of our credit card. I was so disgusted with this response thus far. Very bad customer service and understanding. Then my husband finally sends me a screen shot proving IKEA had in fact charged our credit card $711 the day of purchase. After an HOUR, shannon finally calls me back and apologizes for being later than she promised because she was busy with another call. She said she confirmed with “cash” that they did in fact charge us but then cancelled our order. She said she would ship it again, but the best she could do was SATURDAY! Keep in mind I had paid for 2 day EXPRESS LAST SATURDAY!! Our family isn’t available Saturday so now I have to wait till Sunday and be at home and wait from 9-1pm. Then she said “I can give you 70$ gift card but that’s it.” So all of a sudden she can give a bit more???

I am so upset with the hours of wasted time this week. The hours and hours of being on hold. The miscommunications from 5 different employees. No idea where my package was. Taking my money, then cancelling my order. ME having to take time out of MY day to solve the problem and provide you with all of the proof when she was obviously able to “check with cash.”

I told Shannon I want a call back by management because I am completely unsatisfied with how she “resolved it.” However, based on my terrible experience thus far, I don’t trust that I will get a call back.

I would really appreciate a call or email telling me how you plan to compensate for all of this.

I ordered in jan 2021 a set of 6 draws and 2 were broken. So I informed them to be told I would get a replacement.
Four calls later and now in march and nothing.
To be told a new order was made but nothing has arrived.

We was sold in the store a furniture piece that after we paid for and went to pick up was told they didn't have in stock and not only that but was also discontinued. That was after waiting an hour in the furniture pickup department. Management did not seem to care that we was sold something that they didn't have and also the amount of time it took to figure it all out. We walked out of there upset and very unsatisfied.

First, they got our address wrong even when we wrote it down for them so the following weekend it went to a completely different address. Then we went back to correct our address, they put in the right address but never gave us a copy either so we were set. Now this weekend, it still went to the wrong address even when we fixed it. Very unorganized. We lost a lot of time and got frustrated. When we tried to call them back, they directed us to a resolution center so its not even clear if they corrected the address or not.

I placed an order on 21 Feb 2021 with expected delivery 12 March 2021 (i.e. today). An email and text confirming today's delivery was sent to me yesterday. Towards the end of the day, after not getting any delivery nor information whatsoever from the company I have called to find out that my items were not going to be delivered.
I took a day off work to wait at home (wasted); we have given away 2 days ago our previous wardrobe and now have to work from home with staff spread everywhere; no reason has been provided by IKEA for the delivery not executed (only an 'issue in the system' is what I have heard); last but not least we have been put at the end of the queue for the deliveries so that our orders will be delivered in 2 weeks time (i.e. after the orders placed after ours have been delivered ?!?!).
Could you please let me know how is this possible? How is it realistic that Ikea fails to deliver an order and in addition to causing a lot inconveniences to us, Ikea put us at the end of the delivery queue (after people who have placed order after us.

Ikea discriminates against people with disabilities. I was there with my son d/t a disability he cannot wear a mask An employee yelled at him in front of other shoppers and stated if he could not wear one needed to go and get a wrist band to mark him out like the Nazis did to jews.totally inappropriate behaviour by employee

I was shopping at IKEA Richmond with my grandma and boyfriend, the experience was pretty much the same but as I was checking out there was a lady who’s name tag was covered so I could not identify her came up to us and told us we could not use the yellow cart outside, my grandma and I tried to ask her what cart we could use or ask if we could just take it outside but she very rudely kept talking over us and just saying no. Afterwards we realized that after each customer the self check out station needed to be sanitized however, this lady who’s job was to sanitize the stations was off doing something else. My grandma and I have shopped at IKEA since 2010 and never experienced such rude customer service. She didn’t offer to help me or my grandma knowing we were going to have a hard time carrying our items to the parking lot.

I order bunch of products from Ikea I realized the the size of the bed ordered is nor reflecting correct. Same day in an hours time,I reached out to customer service requested them to correct it. CS informed me they cannot edit an order if it has already been made. I requested then to cancel the order. All this happened on 26th Mar . Now its been about two months still waiting for refund to get processed. I keep on requesting CS team on chat , so far no use. they say wait for another 10 days every time

its an aweful experience, I am new to Canada. Ikea has such good brand name. My experience has been very disappointing and my 1300 CADs are stuck with Ikea in times like this.

Purchased over $1000 in the last two months. Went to hang the wall cabinets and had no suspension rail. I thought it came with it. So I go to order the part online at $14.99 and delivery comes up 49.99. I will not pay that for delivery after already paying for the 3 orders within 2 months that were delivered. ((2 delivered, 1 at store) Called customer service, transferred me to another dept.,then transferred me to another and 4th time recording says"high volumn, cannot accept your call today!

I would like to express my extreme frustration for a stressful process to try and get my bedroom furniture, that STILL ended in a major fail. It started with me trying to place an order online that wouldn’t work, so I called IKEA to place it with a person over the phone. He was very nice and helped me place my order, unfortunately the man had typed my address in wrong which I did not realize until I got an email of a “failed delivery” , which mistakes happen, I get it. I called the number it gave me in the email and the man said it looked like it was about to be cancelled and transferred me to another line, where here I spoke to a man who said he could place the order back. I told him my address was wrong (just two numbers needed to be flipped) he said he fixed it and my order would be delivered tuesday. I asked if he could give me a time frame since I would have to be home, he could not, so I took the whole day off to sit around. Later that tuesday around 6pm, I finally called IKEA assuming something went wrong. A man said that my order had been cancelled and shipped back to IKEA because no one could get ahold of me after the first failed delivery, (due to the wrong address). I explained thats very false , because I had just spoke to a man who said it would be delivered tuesday, long story short, he said it was already cancelled , but he could transfer me to that other line because they can see more about the information. This time I chatted with a nice lady who helped me, and understood my frustration and apologized, she explained there were no notes from the man I had spoken to and would fill up a new order for me, she sent me a confirmation email, I noticed the address was still wrong (so clearly that guy never fixed it) she fixed the address for me and sent another confirmation email. I was so happy everything was FINALLY figured out correctly and she was going to have it delivered to me on this upcoming friday because I had the day off. WELL, I got an email this week again with a reference number explaining to call, but I had just assumed (OOPS) that it was from the prior issue, because I checked the tracking number and it still said it was going to be delivered this friday. Well, yesterday (monday) I got a call when I was at work, they did not leave a message, shocker, and I googled the number and it was IKEA, so I called as soon as I got out of work. The man had told me they CANCELLED THE ORDER AGAIN, because the address had changed from the first order, and they didn’t know which address to send it to. The man said he couldn’t place another order because the refund was already in process, and if I still wanted the products id have to go online and place another order. So, after two and a half weeks of dealing with this, and constantly thinking the problem was fixed, I still DO NOT have an order coming from IKEA. This has been the worst experience i’ve had with a company trying to get things fixed and delivered, so out of fear of going through all this again, as much as I want the bedroom furniture I will probably not attempt to purchase again.

I waited over an hour to pick up an item because my order was "pushed to the side". I inquired 3 times while watching dozens of people get their orders ahead of me. Finally on the 3rd inquiry the nice woman found my order.
This is my 2nd poor experience at ikea in the same area. I will NEVER shop this store again as my time is precious and you are extremely disorganized. I wasn't ofdered a hand or a drink or anything. Poor service.

I love IKEA!! Now I live in Cayey Puerto Rico and the K-Mart here is closing Dec. 15, 2019.

Please, please make me happy and open a Ikea in Cayey, PR.

The stores you have here are to far from me. Thank you and have a great day.

Worse experience. Paid in full. Delivery came, not my stuff so I refused. No one calls me back. I get bounced around from person to the other saying they can’t help me. Have not been able to resolve this to date. The number of the supervisor and extension I spoke to that was going to get back to me , no one answers it. I call back customer service and they still can’t help me!!! I want my money back or my stuff. Store is over an hour away.

My complaint is not a complaint you usually get but it needs to be addressed. I am a sewer and got a job at Fluvitex( a company from Spain that does most of your sewing of comforters and pillows). I started work on July 16, 2019 in Columbus, Ohio. Well, at first, it was not horrible, but after about an hour, I was ready to quit! Luckily, after about 7 hours, they decided to send our line home because the machine that sews the comforters broke down and we ran out of work. Thank God! To start, the factory has no air conditioning. It must have been all of 90 degrees in there! We did have fans, but they just blew around hot air. Second, the sewers all have to stand and sew all shift. Now, being a sewer, standing and sewing doesn't mix very well. It is very uncomfortable and not at all ergonomic. Third, the disrespect that the workers have to deal with is ridiculous and very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is actually a sign on the wall saying that employees have to ask their lead if they can use the restroom!!!!!Are they serious?!!!!! They are all adults and don't need to ask if the can go pee!!!!! It is a factory, not prison!!!!! Now I heard that ikea wants their employees to be treated with respect. If this is really true, you guys need to go and check out this factory in Groveport, Ohio. But, don't tell them you are coming, because they will just sanitize the whole factory so that you will not see the truth! Now, I am sure that you will probably just delete this email and go on with your lives, but if you are smart and give a damn about your workers, and they are your workers, because you are their only customer, you will go and check it out for yourself. I could only stand one day,but these poor workers have to deal with this place 5 days a week!!! This is their blood, sweat and tears on your comforters and pillows that you will have to live with! This is a company operating in America, not Spain! Workers expect more then a 20 minute break in 8 hours!!!! And one more thing, this week in Ohio it is going to be well into the 90's and in that factory I would bet it is way over that!!!!! Think about that when you are sitting in your cushy air conditioned office, or sleeping on your ikea pillows. Oh, and if I could give you 0 stars, I definitely would!!!

I ordered my furnature from them ans it was cleared 3 days. Ok nice I get my furnature key parts are missing. I travel back to the store which is over 30 miles away and get the "correct" parts. Get back home to realize these are the wrong parts as well. Go back to the store waste more gas time assembling more pieces. For them to tell me they are out of that part until next week. Where did my original parts that should have come with the sofa at? I'm extremely displeased and should have canceled the order.

This is the second Ikea kitchen I have purchased in 3 years, not to mention 4 bathrooms, and over 10 wardrobes and closet organisers. Have always been a loyal customer. Last time, a large kitchen and everything went well. This time, a smaller kitchen, and I was overbilled for a 3rd countertop installation employee with Paragon Surfacing, who admitted he was only a trainee and stood there and did nothing. After repeated messages to Ikea Coquitlam, B.C. Canada, and Caesarstone, they refuse to refund my $ 155.00. They are just overpadding my bill, as they need more money, and are having internal employee problems. If this is how a loyal customer is treated, I hate to see how a bad customer is treated. If this is not resolved by June 30, 2019, I will tell everyone who I know to boycott Ikea, go to the media, and tell them how they do not care about the public whatsoever.

Unfortunately everytime we are in the Tampa Florida store it is nearly impossible to get employees to help with anything. So many of them seem to hate their job. When trying to pick up items that have to be pulled from the ware house, no one says hello, may I help, or any of the common courtesies. The last time we were there I asked to speak to a manager. I asked about orders being pulled in order in addition to unprofessional staff. She said she didn’t know anything about the warehouse. They worked on their own system and that they didn’t pull purchases in the order they were paid for. She said sorry about the employees. It was obvious she didn’t have time to talk to me. I try never to come to the Tampa store. It’s just an unpleasant experience. Everytime. At least the Sunrise Florida store is an option.

Worse service I have ever experienced. I was treated like crap, inconvenience to it’s limits. I want some one higher up in ikea to contact me. I have my case number and there are series of blunders by ikea team. No one own the issue, they blame it on other department.
I want to beg people not to shop at ikea. It’s not just waste of money, you will be treated like crap.
Please someone in the ikea management who want to fix or at-least figure the issue out. Contact me.

Two days ago, I ordered (in store) two bathroom high brown-Black cabinets #302-050.81 at your Orlando store and paid the store to have them delivered. I brought in a handyman this morning to assemble these items and found out only after the cabinets had been partially assembled that they were not the same items we ordered, in that they had wooden doors, vice the glass fronted doors we thought we had ordered. The items we ordered were two cabinets # 302.050.81 and in checking closer,, the items delivered were 702.50.79, Lillangen Hi cabinets. In trying to contact the store, I was shunted off to a central customer service number, which informed me they could not reply due to a high number of calls. Given what I experienced, no wonder. At this time I am in a quandry, the problem could be quickly resolved by having the correct aluminum framed glass doors shipped to me and I will install them and at the same time pick up the unused wooden doors, otherwise I am out the money I paid for a compoolete asembly and cannot evectively use the cabinets. I ldo not want kthe cabints in the bathroom without the glass doors, so I and my wife are extremely unhappy with this situation and want a quidk, simple resolution. The store order number for this purchase is isell no.: 319242932 paid to IKEA on 1/10/2019 The sales person was Amdrew O and delivery was made to 8067 Cadiz Court Oroando, 32836 by your deliveery service.

My girlfriend and I went to IKEA in New Haven, Connecticut to shop for our new apartment. All the employees we met along the way were useful and nice, until we go to the cashier to pay.
We had two carts filled with boxes of furnitures and other things. The cashier was rudely rushing us and gave us lots of attitude even though we did not do anything to him. Then I asked him if there was any discounts or percent off if I applied for a credit card, he rudely said he couldn't tell me and continued to rush me. Imagine spending $900 at IKEA to experience such bad customer service from them. I also wanted to get a couch ($900), but I didn't because of the bad customer service.
From my knowledge, IKEA has about 270 stores globally. If each store loses $900 a night, that will be $243,000 total because of their customer service.

I placed an order online and when the shipment arrived I had a damaged item and a missing item. I contacted IKEA through their email form and the response I received back was unclear and supplied a link that went to one of their furniture pages. I was told that it was a link to tracking my new package. I tried calling, but every time I did I was disconnected due to a large volume of calls. I paid $39 for this delivery and I think it is ridiculous that I have been given the run around and I would at least like them to compensate me by not charging me the delivery fee. The thing is I can't get in contact with anyone. I just keep getting this automated phone message that disconnects me. I will never order online with them again. This has all just been a mess!

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT LETTER
Regretfully I have to report the outstandingly poor service IKEA
has been providing to our family in Burbank, California.
The restaurant coordinating people are disrespectful and annoying : we went to the restaurant for our regular breakfast meal and rushed to the second line which appeared to have lesser people at that time. Before we knew better, a woman jumped at us and told us that we would have to join the other line of people. Now even if that was nessesary, we were already in the line getting ready to pick our food! You don't start taking the food out of a person's mouth once it is already there! What a horrible service you provide. Your people have to have some brains first before approaching customers! Even if we made a mistake, it was not her place to treat us out and escort us as if we were some criminals!
It did not happen this week, but some time this year, and I did mean to complain as soon as possible.
When we were there, no one was standing in front of the second line directing the traffic, so the appearance of this person was sudden and certainly should not be assumed as "meant to be" !
We do not care if she was supposed to be there directing the traffic - she was not there, so we assumed we can approach the second line how we please. If you mean to place someone to coordinate people, then have that person there at all times. And if there is nobody, then jumping at us with directions is too late and rude.

Another issue is YOUR SILVERWEAR is poorly washed. I did find some forks with the tiny particles of food stuck on them multiple times. Please, teach your staff to wash dishes or fire them. I don't have to point at the problems on the spot to your people!
Your water is lukewarm like a piss and is not good for making a tea. Your water making machines are often out of service. Your carts are so noisy that the entire restaurant hears them rolling. You used to have some nice variety of coffee free to IKEA family members, but now you invented token feature and my husband stopped drinking cofee there.
Your breakfast sausages are dry and outdated by 11 am. Your potatoes are often overcooked. Most of your soups taste artificially. They are plain not delicious at all. Some are very spicy. Fire your cook please. The only soup you had which was good was Mashroom soup, but I no longer see it on the menue. Too bad!
Your tomatos in the fresh salads often are rotten.Your fish dishes need to include lemon wedges , and not one, but at least two.
Your salmon is overcooked often, too.
You fry foods on some cheap bad tasting oil - I can taste that!
You need to start writing lables indicating if your food has GMO, corn syrop, high fructose corn syrop and soy.
Your Swedish meatballs should not be mixing gravy with lingonberry jam on the plate! Good Lord, who is your cook??? What a bad taste! Jam is sweet and is a desert, but you put it next to meatballs and it all mixes on the plate. Yaki! I ask for a little container all the time, but naturally the JAM MUST BE SERVED in a tiny container in a first place!
Your cinnamon buns downstairs also taste like sh*t ! Artificial glazing, and the dough is bad as well. WHO IS YOUR COOK? Fire him.

You provide free Wi-Fi, but I was not able to find power outlets. What is the point?
Also, remove citric acid from your fruit drinks! They taste acidic and overly sweet at the same time. My stomach hurt! You are making a perfectly healthy fruit drink unhealthy at all. What a strange idea of healthy meals!

I would also LOVE to reorganize your area to separate people with children from regular people. I have seen people annoyed by the screaming children. I come to IKEA to eat, not to hear children. Can you not direct them to some other area? You can surely create Japanese style room dividers and invite people with children there, so that the rest can enjoy the food and the sun in a more quiet atmosphere!

I ordered a sleeper sofa online and had made arrangements for my old couch to be taken prior to delivery and had scheduled taskrabbit for building it upon arrival. I received an email on the day of delivery stating that it had been delivered...yet I had no sofa. I contacted your customer service department multiple times that day as many times the service ended the call due to volume overload of callers. I had a difficult time getting through. When I finally did, I waited on hold for approximately 20-30 minutes and then no one really knew what was happening. Ikea said it was the delivery service's error and promised that they would be in touch with me by the end of the day. They were not. I had to call the delivery service twice to get a hold of someone and they finally came to the conclusion that the sofa was never received on their end and it was Ikea's error.

So the calls started again for me the next day, attempting to get through to customer service to find out just exactly where my sofa was. I was on hold for an hour that morning. Once again, they said I should receive a call and they were working on it. I never received a call.

The third day I called into your service, waiting on hold for a length of time, once again, yet had a lovely woman named Nephertiti who actually helped the process along for the first time. The next available date for delivery of my sofa was almost 2 weeks out which was unacceptable as I had no existing sofa. She encouraged me to buy another one at the store and Ikea would waive the delivery fee. She stated she would refund the online purchase. Which is what I did. I was able to obtain a sofa that same day as well as have it delivered.

It has now been over two weeks since this problem began (initial delivery date was scheduled for October 1). I still have not received a refund. I called into the service after a week and a half and they told me to wait longer. I finally called today and the representative approved it through the manager to have my refund within 72 hours. By the time I receive my refund for the originally purchased sofa, it will have been almost 3 weeks.

I understand and have grace for the fact that mistakes and errors occur. After all, we are only human. But I feel I have been more than patient and this entire system has been less than acceptable, it has been downright disappointing. I will never order from your online store again. And I will encourage others to only buy within the store if they like your products. I am disappointed as I really liked your store but am now feeling hesitant about shopping there at all in the future. This was my first online order/experience with Ikea but I do not intend to repeat it.

The customer service department did issue me a $50 gift certificate, but at this point, there is nothing I want from your store. It has just put a bad taste in my mouth and I have put in so much effort at rectifying this situation that I feel exhausted at the mere mention of the name, "Ikea."

Thank you for listening. I hope this letter helps to improve services for future customers.

your commercial promotes dishonesty and sets a bad example for Canadian children>

Ikea jacksonville return department was so slow. It took me 30 minutes just to return a curtain hanger, worst other employees cut in line amd the manager on that day which name is raquel did not do a lot of help to make the returns easy this happen on 14th of july at 3pm

Went to the Ikea Paramus NJ to purchase kitchen cabinets. Went downstairs to pay for it since kitchen department cashier did not work. It was 9 pm. It took 37 min to order by paid since cashier had no idea how to apply 15% promotion offer. My husband had to explain cashier what needs to be done. 2 other associates came to help without any knowledge.
9 :37 pm finally order paid
10 pm store is closed.
10:45 pm Naomi one of the associate is saying " they are still waiting"
Someone answer " for what?"
11:00 pm associate responsible for handling pick up desk left.
Few people by return area had a small party after work. Nobody cares that we still sitting and waiting.
11:45 pm I had enough and ask to speak with management. Very rude Naomi calls someone. Still no order no sorry no nothing, just rude attitude.
Then William F. manager is coming telling he had no idea what is going on. (!?!?!)
Then we learned that 3 parts are on back order . Ha nobody even told us that for 8 cabinets 3 are not available.
It took another 15 min to proceed back order and find out when missing parts are coming.
12 :20 associate pushed out cabinets to parking lot and all fell apart. Hope they are not damaged.
Extremely poor customer service. People are only giving me attitude. I really don't know if I will keep this cabinets and will purchase anything else from Ikea. Unbelievable.!

Worse company I have ever dealt with. No way what ever to contact you. Cancelled my order and will never buy from you again. Your customer service is nonexistent. Your co. Should b sued for fraud. You have nothing but bad reviews. Tell me you will deliver , I wait no one shows up and u can’t even keep up with your lousy inventory. I have told numerous people of my problem in hope they do not get ripped off too.

Hi I live in Seattle and I went to the IKEA store at south center. I was in the store for a couple of hours. I was getting ready to leave when I noticed a poster on my wall they were just two left, it was a vintage airplane. I went and found help to see how I can get that plane. The woman who helped me said they would give me a call when they took the plane poster off-the-wall. Because it takes special people to take things off walls in IKEA. She took my number my name reassured me someone would call me. there were just two posters left, there was another person on the list the other poster. For that vintage airplane. She reassured me that I would be getting a call but for me to call in a few days which I did and no one would help me or call me back I waited another two days and called. Found out that they sold the last two and didn’t even call the people that actually wanted them. Very disappointed in IKEA. I don’t think I would ever shop at IKEA again. It seems they can’t stand behind what they say. I left leaving that store spending a couple hundred dollars I don’t think for me I would go back to that store again. Very disappointed on their customer service.

I had to return box 2 of a 2 box furniture item to Ikea Store in Canton, Mi because of missing parts. Had to wait 45 minutes because their computers were down. Return was processed and then had to wait for over an hour for them to bring the item to the waiting area even though I knew were the item was and could have gotten it in 5 minutes but was told they had to bring it to me. They were not busy, mine was the only item for them to get for most of the time I waited. My complaints did not speed up the process. I have spent several thousands of dollars in that store, customer service is terrible!

My daughter bought a 6 drawer dressing for her room, she paid over 300.00 dollars plus 169.00 to assemble plus 67.00 deliver. The day they were supposed to be delivered, but they never call. Then they show up at the door my daughter told them to wait 5 minutes. We called ikea and the customer service 1800 number. They are such horrible people that they made my daughter and me to go to the ikea in Elizabeth NJ. When we got there they told us we don't have to go there to schedule again the appointment. And they are keeping being rude.

About 2 years ago we remodeled our kitchen in our house located in southern Ca. We purchased all of our cabinets from Ikea and what a complete waste of time, the people they hire are morons we must have gone back at least 10 times because some times they give you the right item and sometimes they forget to give you everything you purchase other times its broken in side the box and more importantly the cabinet they are selling is not what you get when you get home to install, it takes a skilled carpenter to duplicate the same cabinet they are selling in the store but they don't tell you that. We also purchased a electric wall oven which we have had nothing but trouble from the start. The oven came with a 5 year warranty, that's one of the reasons we purchased it at Ikea.

Well the oven started to work okay until we used the self clean and the oven had a meltdown. We called Ikea and that is a miracle in itself that we got through to a real live human being, They did get a repairman to come and check the oven out, it need a lot of parts the repair guy was here back an forth to our house over the course of a month and all that time the oven was broken. Fast forward to may 3 2016 and the oven has broken again, this time the repairman claims its a fuse and maybe more. I cannot get Ikea on the phone but we would like a new oven or our money back or we will be going to small claims court. I would rather be dumped into a pit of venomous snakes than ever have to shop at Ikea again, what a bad company.

Yesterday 21st April we visited Ikea Braehead Glasgow for lunch, we chose fish, chips and peas the chips were cool when we were given the dish however they were really cold by the time we queued to pay, then collect the tea. The fish was solid unable to cut it up to eat. I would say this was the worst food I have had in a long time. Can I also say I feel the system is wrong, once you reach the payment area there is folk in front of you paying for tea /coffee while your tray with the food is becoming cold. I think hot food should have it's own cash desk preventing this chilling down of food. If you wish to contact me, please do so.

I have bought a sofa IKEA ektorp with the long one side, when i received the sofa, i was very taken back of the quality, it was socking to see how cheaply it was made. I called IKEA customer service number. I asked them where it was made, was really more shocked they didn't know, so i read the label and told them where its made Poland. I said i didn't want the sofa, but they said i need to go to IKEA store, what? Why does IKEA have a call centre then??

Also it states complimentary i should get foot stool or control pockets for the sofa, didn't receive nothing. I asked them, they said, they didn't think that these where included, but that is what it says on the website. IKEA is Swedish at least it use to be, im very very unhappy with the service and never mind having to put it together the hole thing, not just part here and there, its like your building your own sofa. I waited how long to receive this sofa and what did i get? I cant get over the quality, how its done stabled all over. I will never buy anything from this company again and will be emailing the corporate office with my complaint.

Purchased an Alex 9 drawer. Came with incorrectly made piece. Drove an hour back to the nearest store. Waited 40 minutes to receive correct parts. Bring it and the old parts home and realize they removed the hardware and didn't provide new hardware. Called customer service phone line and spoke to the rudest woman and even after expressing that I was upset with the the way I was treated at the store during the exchange of parts, she never so much as apologized and just sent the parts (which will take probably 2 weeks). When I let her know I wanted to speak to an IKEA customer service supervisor, she was extremely rude and unprofessional. My entire apartment is furnished by IKEA from bedroom set to kitchen towels. They got my money for so long but will never see another penny.

All I need to do is cancel an online order as the delivery date is going to be too late for me. So I want to just pick up the items in the store instead. I was unable to call the night I did it due to their hours. So I called IKEA customer service dept. as soon as they opened up while I was at work. I was on hold for at least 15 minutes had to hang up due to work and now have called back again only to be on hold for 20 minutes now. This is a complete waste of time. All I want to do is please just cancel my order. I can't even push and option to have them call me back or send an email.

I'm very frustrated with their phone system. Finally reach someone and she tells me I'm with the wrong department so I ask her for the phone number she gives me the phone number and the options to do that. I do that and am once again put on hold as I'm not with the right department and once again on hold. My gawd there has to be a better system than this.

Despite being told a delivery will come today between 7am and 1pm, and paying £35 for the service, delivery did not happen and after MUCH chasing and staying in all day, I was told delivery will take place tomorrow. Upon asking what time tomorrow, I got no reply. Now have no idea when/if items will be delivered. Would never have paid for the service had I known it would not be delivered next day as promised.

We had an unfortunate accident and need to replace our sofa bed LYCKSELE HÅVET mattress. Thought we were able to see it on Ikea website it was not available. We went to the store and found out our 2 year old sofa had been discontinued. We have nowhere to go there is no customer service is this legal? I thought that IKEA was a good company but now I just want to call them to complain about this experience. Anyone have their contact info or a good email address for the CEO?

After a hectic day at work, who wouldn't want to relax. I was looking out for a recliner and wanted it to suit the media room of my home. Ikea was the right choice for me and I found some amazing stuff. To my luck there was sale going on as well and got some great deals too. At Ikea, I also found a perfect bar table to suit a corner of my bar place.

I think Ikea is generally a good furniture store but my complaint is with their prices. Slowly over the past several years Ikea has raised their prices. What used to be a very cheap place to get decent tables and lamps is now just as expensive as everywhere else. We went there the other day and ended up walking out with more than $500 in items when I expected to pay $200 or less. I no longer shop at Ikea but for the price I might as well go somewhere that has higher quality merchandise. The benefit is no longer there for me and I used to love shopping at Ikea!

Have feedback for IKEA?