John Deere Customer Service

Contact John Deere Corporate

Toll free phone number: 309-765-8000

John Deere is a worldwide American based corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, forestry, machine diesel engines, drive trains used in heavy equipment and personal lawn care use. It is publicly traded on NYSE:DE and revenues in 2013 were reported as 376 billion USD. There were 67,000 employees in 2013.

To reach customer service call 800-765-9588 or find contact information here. To write to CEO, Samuel R. Allen, you may address you envelop with John Deere HQ, One John Deere Place, Moline, IL 61265, USA. Corporate office phone number is 309-765-8000.

The Free World Headquarters in Moline, IL showcases the 177 year old history on 144 acres of land and is a free year round museum. Social presence is found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.

John Deere Contact Information

A-

9am-5pm CST, Monday-Friday

Browse reviews of other Lawn Tools

Top John Deere Complaints

Took mower in for repairs Estimated to be $950.00 so decided to buy a new one but was charged $50.24 dollars for What? Taking business somewhere else!

New z535m z trak residential zero turn radius mower on 05-04-18. I got the 48 a mulchcontrol attachment $160.00. If you mow the grass at 2 1/2 it works good. I like to mow my grass at 3 1/4. When I use the mulching at this height there is no suction to lift the grass and a lot of grass is missed and yard looks bad after I am done. I went to the JD where I bought the mower talked to service person they said no one has ever complained to them about this and just blew me off. I took off the mulching kit and mowed with just the regular blades at 3 1/4 and yard looked great. We are not happy with the service we receive at JD in Lancaster Oh. To shorten this some when we first got the mower it was a lemon, They had to order a new mower. This one is better except I am having problem with the mulching blades not cutting my grass. I am having a hard time believing that no one else has had a problem with this. I checked a lot of other mowers but went with JD because of their dependability. I'm not a very happy customer at this point. PLEASE HELP I Can be reached by email or call 740-438-1248

John Deere....I am a JD customer for many years and currently own a Util Tractor 5525 and a 2018 4 x 2 TX Gator 1MD4x2XDEJM131517. I bought this Gator a month or so ago and traded in a 2006 TX. My concern is with the throttle. Since I took delivery from dealer in Brunswick. ME one cannot get the throttle to SMOOTHLY accelerate the machine. It is very touchy and difficult to move the machine without sudden response. This is a problem as with this sudden response someone is going to get hurt. I have doubled the small linkage springs that accomplished nothing more than increase the throttle pressure. Can you tell me how to fix as dealer is not sympathic…"says it is normal". Can you help?

I ordered a Gator back in May was told it would be in in 1 to 6 weeks , that has been changed from the end of June till August 15th, and today I had another message on my phone saying it’s now September 7th. You have got to be kidding 16 weeks it takes John Deere to get a gator. Totally unacceptable I cannot believe farmers accept this from this kind of company I really don’t know how your going to stay in business doing things like this.i canceld my order today. Gerrell

West End/Danbury Power Equipment New Milford Ct. 6 weeks before my 2210 loader was scheduled for pickup and repair. Unacceptable. Called Stanton Equipment in Cannan Ct. had my machine back in 3 days. I own 3 John Deere machines mostly likely will be my last ones since I now have to travel one hour for service.

I had an issue with the hydraulic selective control valve,which was found to be defective and not operating properly on July 1,2018. I reported the defective control valve to ag-pro companies,Ocala, Florida on July 2,2018. My John Deere 4052M was picked up by Ag Pro Company on July 3,2018. I received a call on or about July 9,2018 from Ag Pro of Ocala. The service manager indicated they had found metal shavings in the hydraulic system and the cause was due to the fact that the transmission gears where too soft and had to be replaced.. This was the exact same issue that was discovered by Ag Pro of Ocala on or about mid May 2017.
I was advised by Ag Pro of Ocala that my John Deere 4052M had been repaired and was returned to my dwelling on July 17,2018 . I did pay a fee of $300 for transporting to and from my home to Ag Pro Company of Ocala.
I attempted to use my John Deere 4052M on July 18,2018 and found my tractor jumped out of gear,would not operate either forward or in reverse and the four wheel drive did not operate. Also I found wiring harness just hanging and not properly secured to the tractor frame as designed to be installed.
My John Deere 4052 M was pickup by Ag Pro of Ocala on July 19,2018. The Ag Pro driver was only able to operate my tractor in the crawler gear at 2600 rpm in order to achieve a speed of .03 MPH. Also while the driver was attempting to drive my tractor in any other forward gear the tractor made a grinding noise.

I purchased an Ariens self-propelled lawn mower in May 2017 from the John Deere Brandon Dealership. I had never used the side discharge feature of this, or any mower, until this year. I realized that I was missing a part to cover the hole once the side discharge cover is removed. I visited the representative who sold me the mower and I asked him about the missing part. He said his shop didn't have the part. I asked him to contact the previous owner to see if they had the part. I don't know if that was ever done, but when I revisited the rep., he told me the previous owner did not have the part. I asked the rep. if he would give me the part as I felt it should have been part of the original purchase. It is listed in the manual as part of the items to be included, not an optional part. He told me he was not willing to give me this part and I could purchase it at a cost of $40.00 plus taxes. I am totally upset about this as I feel they have sold me an unsafe and incomplete product. I strongly feel that I should be given this part at no extra cost to me. It is very unsafe to operate the unit without a cover on that huge hole. Debris spits up in areas less grassy.

We have two 1910 three tank air seeder carts with section control one 2014 with 12000 acres and one 2015 with 7000 acres. The higher acre cart needed two new meter housings and the other cart needed one. We have had a few John deare air seeders in the past with as many as 70,000 acers. We have never needed to change out a Meyer housing before. Our thoughts are the material used to make the newer meter housing must be inferior to what was being used in the past. JD doesn’t seem to think it’s there problem. Although now they are starting to make a stainless steel housing. Which is not available for sectional control at this time. We did find a company that makes one so that’s what we used to replace the corroded ones with. We believe that John Deere knows this a problem and choose not to help with the repair. This alone has cost about $2 per acer. And hours of labor

we went to the John Deere store in Adrian, Missouri today. We walked through the door and a woman was sitting at the desk right inside the door. She never once acknowledged us. Never even looked toward the door when we walked in. We were in there about 15 minutes and she never even asked if we needed anything or looked in our direction. We walked right by her when we decided to go ahead and leave. She never looked at us when we passed her. I have NEVER been to ANY kind of establishment that I felt so disrespected. How can someone in that type of position just flat out ignore us. I was in total shock as to how rude that was to us. I do believe she needs to be put in the back room where she isn't suppose to deal with customers.

My son has GT235( 2002). It came with the house he purchased....I (his father ) have had 4 john deer tractors and currently own a 455 diesel His problem, which is my problem in the BM21341 front blade attachment kit....he installed it last year and this year the (looking at the tractor from the front) the D bearing that fits into the front left frame is lost.It is part of the connection system....I have spent 2 weeks on line looking for it and no one seems to have an answer , besides buy a new kit ...I find it hard to believe that someone can't find this part and sell it to me....I have owned John Deere tractors for 30 years and have always been able to find, buy replacement parts.....I would appreciate any help in finding this part for me ...
tallrider2@yahoo.com

I have already wrote a complaint about my D130. Now I would like to address its customer service people who are rude at best. In several calls placed and given several different complaint numbers, to date I have received three callbacks with absolutely no resolvement of any of my issues with JD. The last call came just the other day. I missed the call by literally ten minutes. When I called back I was told rep left for the day. Just another game JD loves to play with customers. Stay away from John Deere with any purchase, trust me you will much happier with any other brand except John Deere and its nonexistent customer service people who simply blame everybody else. 11/24/2017

I bought a John Deere Model 4100 tractor in 2001; it worked well until November of 2015. The HST began slipping and it was very difficult to move the vehicle. The Hobbs meter at that time was 122.2 hours (very low time for a tractor of this age). A subsequent tear down and inspection revealed that water had leaked into the hydraulic system from the top of the transmission area through a leaking seal. This should never have happened - an obvious manufacturer's defect. The repair bill was $1500(!)
Obviously the warranty had expired, but this problem is a design flaw and a reputable company should stand behind their products. I have complained multiple times to local and regional John Deere representatives to no avail. All I am requesting is reasonable compensation for this repair, which should never have been necessary.

JD tractor 2520
Part # LVU803113
Dealer: Ramsey Waite, Eugene OR
Start date: 13 October 2017
Delivered tractor to dealer 13 October. Estimated 3-4 days shipping on parts for repair of transmission/forward drive on this 4WD tractor. Call to dealer 31 October: needed part on back order with no estimated date. Call to 800-537-8233 customer service: not able to assist with distribution problem. Instructed to work with dealer. 9 November: dealer has part on back order, no info from distributors on estimated arrival. Call to JD customer service: facts repeated. Unable to offer suggestions. NOT HAPPY.

Customer care, the delivery of my tractor in poor condition scratched up chipped paint service never returns calls, lack of quality care of customer no turning back know I’m just wishing I would’ve bought another Kubota this is my very first John Deere tractor and the service and customer care is terrible

BOUGHT NEW JD RIDING MOWER THIS YEAR - HAD FLAT TIRE BEFORE I EVEN DROVE IT - P O O R QUALITY TIRE RUINED
I CALLED , EMAILED BOTH DEALER AND JOH DEERE WEBSITE NO ONE RETURNED MY CALL OR RESPONDED TO EMAIL

SO FAR IVE TOLD ABOUT 100 PEOPLE ABOUT THIS = MOST ARE YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS , BY NEXT SEASON I WILL
HAVE TOLD THAT MANY MORE JOHN DEERE USED TO HAVE SUCH A GOOD REPUTATION AND GOOD QUALITY

I bought a John Deere D-130 Series riding lawn mower on June, 2017 from Lowes. Four months later the mower would not restart after using it more than 30 minutes. Lowes would not take the mower back due to their 90 day return policy. Contacted John Deere what a joke, terrible customer service, no help at all. I was told that I would have to pay $150-$200 to have my mower pick-up and sent to a repair shop. I am extremely upset with their repair process (money hungry). Why should I pay $200 for a new mower repair after I just paid $2100 to purchase it. What I thought was a quality John Deere Mower is nothing but garbage, they are clearly not the John Deere from the past..So much for honesty and selling a quality made American Product. SHAME ON YOU JOHN DEERE and Lowes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i own a 345 1996 with a kawasaki 18 horsepower engine,liquid cooled..the complaint i have is why in the world would kawasaki,put a plastic cam gear on a cam,are they running into finnancial problems, or want bigger profits......but anyways was their a recall and why was.nt i notified about this.,,,,,,,the tractor would"ve been great, excellant if it wasnt for this, should i buy another john deere or something else,now i"am a little hesitant,,,,,,and kawasaki has a great reputation i"ve always thought,,,,,,,products are very expensive,, so they should out last the reall older ones ,,you would think ,,, but that is not case here or with,, anything else,,,,,,,,,,,i"am buying.....so i"am hoping you can help me out in a good direction,like i said before great little tractor if it was"nt for the cam gear....THANK YOU, NICK SLIGER

i had to replace the front window (upper) in a75G excavator, and was shocked when the dealership in Sudbury Ontario told me it was going to cost 930.00 to replace it . I was told by the salesman that it was that expensive because the window included the frame as well. so i ordered the window , and when it arrive it was just the glass and no frame. This is ridiculous, I now have to pay a glass installer to put the glass in the frame for 150.00. This is no joke that the front window costs 1080. This is a complete abuse of your customers. The price for a piece of glass for John Deere is not affordable. never again will I deal with any deere product with curved glass, that really does nothing for the operator.

I bought a 5085e John Deere I only have one major complaint. There should not be a one key fits all tractors for the past 10 years on agricultural tractors. I was gone from home and a guy delivered hay to my house without me knowing. He had a key from his 5075m. The door was locked on my cab, but that didn't stop him.

He used it and messed up my tractor. I am extremely disappointed in this company, and the man that used my tractor without my permission. You need to fix this issue! I am sure I'm not the only person to complain about this major issue. This would have never happened if john deere were to make a certain key per tractor, or intelligent enough to know that this would eventually occur.

I recently had a coupler for the hydrostatic drive repaired on my 9500 John Deere combine. When I got my bill the labor charge was $3365. I normally do most all the work on my equipment. But I am a High School FFA Advisor and with the timing of the breakdown and having to take my students to the FFA National convention, I decided to let my local John Deere Dealership, Tennessee tractor in Martin, Tennessee do the repair work. When I got my bill and the labor charge was $3365, I was astonished to say the least. Is this the normal charge in labor cost for repairing a coupler for a hydrostaic drive on a 1996 John Deere 9500 combine? Just still in shock.

I have a John Deere Dealer that has a personal grudge against me, that cost me money this harvest when he took a combine away from me that I had made a deal to rent from another dealer. Ken Wheeler is the overall manager of Front Line Ag Solutions, and used his power from that position to take a combine away from me. I called a Deere customer service complaint number and told my story to them, and they had a guy from Billings Montana by the name of John, that called and listened to my complaint. He then talked to Ken Wheeler and called me back and said I needed to talk to Ken and resolve this myself as Ken is very approachable and a wonderful guy to do business with. Needless to say I am not happy with how he handled my complaint.

I took my John Deere 5045D tractor for the last 3 months to get repaired. I complaint about diesel because it taking so much diesel. For 1 hour of running it's burning almost 6 liters, so work performance is good, but it has failed in diesel. How can I get this fixed and let the product team know it needs to be fixed?

Purchased a John Deere D105 in 2014, the first time mower was used had to return to dealer ship to have blades replaced and deck adjusted. Then in spring of 2015 had to have transmission replaced then 2 weeks later mower returned to dealership to have a spring placed on the transmission that was not correctly installed. Now 2016 back to dealership at first they said it was the transmission belt, which wanted $ 202.00 to replace transmission belt then the dealership turns around and says it is the transmission again and want us to split difference with them which is $425.00. In 3 years the mower has had to be repaired every year from the beginning of ownership. John Deere customer service apparently does not stand behind its equipment. This is really terrible and I want to contact them and find out how to request a formal refund!

I have a 300x I have replaced the belt 6 times in 200 hrs. Took it to dealer they replaced all the towers and new belt. $500.00 later and less than a year belt broke again at $70.00 per belt I can,t afford your machine. I have one john deere tractor, two mowers and this one I wouldn't wish on anyone.

The front idler pulley and the pulley on the electric clutch disintegrated and had to be replaced at considerable cost (10% of the cost of my z910 ). John Deere mechanics at es Volker (Alexandria, LA said they had never seen anything comparable. l wonder if you have experienced a similar circumstance? Please contact me to resolve this complaint, thank you.

My brother and I are beginning farmers and purchased a John Deere 8360R tractor with 300 hours. We've had nothing but problems with it and have spent more money on repairs than what are payments are. One things gets fixed and two more issues arise. The exhaust won't burn off automatically so once a day the tractor goes into limp mode and that ends your day early! We've had many technicians look it over and no solution yet. The steering is also not right. They say it's correct to John Deere standards but it don't steer right. There are times driving down the highway you can't turn into a driveway which then becomes a safety issue. This has been a very poor experience for us buying our first tractor and we wanted to warn other folks too.

I am contacting you in hopes for some help & closure on a issue I am having with a specific home depot store. My mother purchased a new John Deere mower last fall from the Home Depot in Council Bluffs Ia. the mower was suppose to come with a 2 year warranty. Well in October we had some issues with the mower & took it to our local John Deere dealer. After looking into it the dealer told us according to the vin number on the mower that the mower is a 2012 model & the warranty expired on May 15. At that point we had only owned the mower for 8 months. Also according to John Deere it has her listed as the second owner which is why the warranty has expired. We purchased this mower thinking we were getting a new model mower with warranty & in turn did not receive that. I am including pictures of our receipts & a copy of the ownership & warranty information from John Deere. We would like to rectify this situation as quickly as possible. We would like to return this mower in exchange for a new one.

I have john deere garden tractor x540 with a 48" mower deck. I have replaced the double pulley arm part number am137197 three times due to the bearings being burned out in 6 years. These are sealed bearings. What a bad design with no grease fittings. John deere had better make a change to correct this problem.

A better choice is always the best option for our success and John Deere gave us perfect engines for our newly formed construction company. It provides equipment's, tools and engines for industries like construction,forestry,residential,agriculture, landscaping & grounds care and turf care equipment's and is spread over North America, Asia, Central & South America, Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Middle East. It also has distributors for Power systems and forestry. The popular products are Gator utility vehicles,tractors,riding mowers, planting & seeding equipment's.

Have feedback for John Deere?