Wells Fargo Complaints Continued... (Page 3)

240+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Wells Fargo corporate: 866-878-5865

Sold my home to someone using Wells Fargo Mortgage as their lender. Original loan closing was set for April 4, 2013 at 10am. Was rescheduled to April 8, 2013. Now a closing date is in limbo and cannot get an aswer from the branch manager Nelda Cales as to when closing will be. She had said she would try to find out something and call me back. I have called her four times and she has never returned a phone call yet. She had told me that the problem came in when they implemented a new process last week and this loan was caught up in the new process. I do not appreciate Wells Fargo making their problem my problem. We are going to pass one week after the original closing date with no new date confirmed. Unacceptable and very unprofessional. Would never use them for my own mortgage.

I am severly disappointed in the Wells Fargo service. I set up an account in Loveland Co and wanted a basic checking account with savings to manage a one transaction account for rental payments. The initial account represetitive Erin who is no longer employed assured us that the account she set us up with which did not fit our needs would be made to work for our needs after 90 days.

The account required a 25,000 minimum balance which we voiced we could never achieve. She ressured us that after the 90 day period we could keep the account afloat with a 2000 minimum balance. I found in the months after that we were charged a 30 dollar service charge that i did not catch until the last minute. I addressed this issue to the service manager of Wells, Eric who exclaimed what can I do for you while at the meantime took no responsibility for the actions of the past employee, Erin.

I would expect more of this company and would of stayted if only Eric could accomadate my situation. I would not recommend Wells and will make my stand clear to others. You lost a good customer!!!!!!!!!

To Whom It May Concern: Back in July 2012, I had setup an automatic payment account with Well Fargo bank to automatically draw out $728.87 each month to pay for our Well Fargo home mortgage loan. Automatic monthly payment process started in July 2012, and you had received the first monthly payment of $728.87 on 7/26/2012.

And you also had received the second monthly of $728.87 on 8/29/2012. But somehow you people mistakenly applied all of the second payment ($728.87) to the principle. I did not notice about this until I received the statement in October 2012. I immediately called and talked to one of your representatives to correct this mistake. This was obviously your fault! Your representative did acknowledge that was Wells Fargo’s mistake!

Now the problem is that the “pass due” statement still showing on our credit report. We need you to delete the “pass due” statement and SEND US A LETTER, WITH YOUR LETTER HEAD,SAYING THAT YOU WILL DELETE THIS “PASS DUE” STATEMENT FROM THE CREDIT REPORT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (OK WITHIN A WEEK).

We opened an account with Wells Fargo with the hope that it would provide more efficient and friendlier services to us. But this bad experience we had with Wells Fargo certainly pointing it to the other direction!

we’re thinking about to close all account in your bank and maybe transfer the loan to another bank right now! Your customer service is so bad,very very very poon!

I am unemployed and 37 late with a payment. As the previous woman Said they are rude and nasty. By LAW if you are 90 days late yes they can repo ur car. My unemoyment check we t in late n it was returned to Wells Fargo.

I got a call today and explanined prior i lost my job and doing my best. They dont care and want me to go to the back to western union them the money. Wait let me pick it off the tree in my yard. I also asked to change the date, give me an extension any ask for help!

Nope they want their money tomorrow or else. Wells fargo is absolutley The worst auto fianance compnay out there. Any suggestion when i Have no money even for food! Someone please help an email Me if I am correct this is a scare therory they use and how late Can you be before they try to repo hour car you need to go find A job to pay your bills n to get caught back up?

All the other creditors Are so much more helpful and have a heart. Not Wells Fargo Dealer Service. Please some one emAil me with how late u have can be before Repo n can they threaten you? Thank you

I just spent over two hours going back and forth trying to cash a 7,000 dollar check I wanted to deposit 2,000 and keep 5,000….. wells Fargo at basline and lake shore, refused to cash it!!!! It’s a check from Chase, wrote out to me… so they send me to chase.

And say they have no way of telling if the money is their…ok so off I go, now I don’t have an account at Chase, so they give me a cashier’s check and Karin at Chase gave me her business card, so wells Fargo could call her, so she could tell them the money was their… so I go through the drive through they tell me it’s too much for the drive through??? and to go around to the bank I’m like ok so I go in they leave me sitting I don’t know about 10- 15 minutes and say they can’t cash a money order..

That Chase said was good as gold…and not just that this is my second trip here and they told me to go around to tell me they can’t cash it? …Hell can’t they tell me at the drive through they can’t cash a MONEY ORDER? so GI GI is the bank manager I guess? refuses, to cash it, I have been with this bank since 1998 going on 15 years and she refuses saying my account won’t cover it???

*THIS IS A MONEY ORDER from chase with a guarantee from chase saying it is good, they gave her a card to call them to verify* … so I said that! and she refuses, I said this is not from my account!!! this is a chase money order!!! from chase!!! not my bank account!!!

she refuses…and says her manager said “no”..OK im like what do I do? this is my bank for 15 years I have lived in the same place for 13 years I have a money order that is guaranteed from chase to have the money “THEY WANT YOU TO CALL THEM I HAVE KAREN FROM CHASE WANTING YOU TO CALL! YOU ARE MY BANK…WHAT DO I DO?? so they send me packing.

Chase took the cashier’s check cashed it and opened an account for me, no problem tomorrow I will be going down to close my account after 15 years there and you know what I have to change my account around for my gym but after spending from 2:00 to 5 30 cashing one check it’s worth it.. I do have to say Gi Gi was polite but not helpful to my needs so I will shut it down.

I had a money market acc .withover $20,000 that I used for overdraft protection with my crown classic checking acc, I had to many withdrawls so wells fargo sent me a letter saying they were changing my money market acc. to a value checking acc. so i went to my branch on princess anne rd. in va.beach .

The lady at the desk told that nothing was different that was still a money market acc. and i did not have to do anything .expecting i still had overdratf protection.this was four weeks ago .

I recieved a letter last friday stating i was over drawn and and had $280 dollars in over draft fees . I went bank to my branch again. this time it was a over weight fat lady at the desk on a private phone call while i was sitting there for at least ten min. she saw me because i was sitting right in front of her . finnally she got off the phone after i she knew i was watching her the whole time .

she said there was know over draft protection on a value checking acc. and that they changed my o.d.p. to my line of credit .(with out notifying me) I had it paid down to$ 5000.00 Now i find out i owe $9400.00 I had her close the value checking acc. and put my money in my crown classic acc. When i ask about the fee’s she said they didn’t take them off my acc. there any more . and that i had to call the billing dept.

I stood up and told her that i was done with wells fargo and she said don’t forget your key’s that were lying on her desk. so i called the billing Dept. and she said she could only take off a portion ($120.00) sense i needed proof that i was told this information . I am not exaggerating about any of what i have said. If this is the way wells fargo does business this country is in a world of trouble .needless to say i will be closing all of my account’s .

I paid my loan off in February. I was told that my title was mailed out to me and after a month I did not receive my title so I called in and was told that my title was returned to Wells Fargo because the USPS said that the address was not a deliverable address.

I have been at the address that was on file for almost three years. I have been receiving statements to the address that was on file for almost three years. The only thing I can figure is that whoever the individual was that mailed out my title must have got the numbers of my address wrong.

Could someone with a little bit of brains look into this and put the address down right and send my title to me????

My complaint “supposedly” has a ref.# of 83304101.my last telephone conversation was with Mr. Chet Dui in the credit card executive office(of all places) .I want to know if I am going to have to get my attorney to write a letter to Wells Fargo,in order to,get in writing,that they are unable or unwilling to send me my titles, or pay my expenses to
obtain them myself.

I have made them,consisting of Ms.Elealna in the collateral dept.; Ms. Barbara Dickenson head of the collateral dept.,Mr. Dion Vargas,another “BOSS” I was passed off to;and lastly Mr.Chet Dui. All I have asked each of them is for a letter stating that Wells Fargo will reimburse me for the cost of the titles,and the expense of getting to and from the DMV.

I am disabled(they are aware),I live rurally(they are aware) and I would have to pay for gas and a driver approx. 80 to 95 miles to do this myself, not including my time,which I believe is as valuable as any of theirs. I do not feel I am being unreasonable in my request for acknowledgement of their mistakes.

I only want what is fair and reasonable, to a FORMER client,that did not mind accepting at LEAST $40,0000.00 of MY money. I have been on this mission since November of 2012. I will continue, if I have to get my attorney involved,I will.

Todays date is April 1,2013.I can be reached by phone or e-mail. I expect a response by the end of this week. Thank-you

I have never had to make so many complaints against a bank in 15 years. I have had multiple banks, never owed them anything, yet I was forced to open what they called a opportunity acct. This type of acct has never in 15 years of banking in Texas, never been presented to me as the only type of acct I can open. I never received a reason for this. Now, my husband is terminal and I have been in the hospital with him since xmas without much sleep and hardly any food for me. I get a $12 check in the mail and they refuse to cash it because of my acct type even though I need gas to get back to the hospital. Its sad that in todays technological advances someone cant pick up a phone and verify a $12 check. Especially when their info pulled is erroneous and I am in the process of getting the proof to prove it.

Good morning to all: I’m writing this email over the horrible results I’ve experienced with trying to receive a Modification loan with Wells Fargo, my agent Andy Hansen @Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo is a company that employs robotic, noncustomer service friendly individuals. After dealing with months of back and forth phone calls from Wells Fargo with unknowledgeable help from my agent Andy Hansen.

Wells Fargo doesn’t go above and beyond with their customer service to help modify or lower the mortgage payments for their customers. One would think Wells Fargo would be more helpful and understanding and providing assistance, with going above and beyond their Customer Service, to help me modify or lower my monthly payments on a “temporary” level.

I’m not asking for a permanent solution, but temporary. Wells Fargo doesn’t live up to their need to help. With the housing economy being at a all time devastating slump. Everyday a person or family, is either walking away from their home, or Wells Fargo doesn’t lend assistance when due, allow your home to into Foreclosure.

Wells Fargo state “Integrity is not a commodity. It’s the most rare and precious of personal attributes. It is the core of a person’s and a company’s reputation.” However, Wells Fargo reputation of not helping individuals stay in their property, is the reputation that’s being live up too.

I was told by Wells Fargo Customer Service agent Andy Hansen the only option is to “Short Sale” my home. However, I have to ask you. What good would it do Wells Fargo to allow the home to sit “empty” with no potential buyers or renters to take hold of property, in many subdivisions where homes are already sitting empty. With that being said, no financials is being paid to Wells Fargo. Doesn’t Wells Fargo think some money is better than no money?

I don’t feel Wells Fargo or their Customer Service agent Andy Hansen, has given me Customer Service that’s required with a housing market that’s at an all time low.

Regards,

Very unsatisfied with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Modification.

I purchased my house in June 2005 with a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Loan, and was talked into an 80/20 loan by WF to avoid PMI. The primary loan was at 6.5%, the second was at 10.75% Since we had little down payment, we went with the 80/20. Last year, we tried to refinance, but was told we couldn’t due to having a second mortgage, but once it was paid off, it would be easy to modify the primary.

Since we were getting totally screwed on the second, we borrowed money at a much lower interest rate and paid off the second. I then tried to refinance the first, and was told that Wells Fargo did not own the loan, they were only managing it, so they couldn’t lower the interest rate.

When I got my loan, I was getting a loan through Wells Fargo, and was not told it was through someone else. Wells Fargo talked me into this loan, they should at least help me modify it to a lower rate. We are getting ready to move all of our accounts to another bank. Wells Fargo does not care about the customer. Please spread the word by sharing this complaint with everyone!

I have a care loan with Wells Fargo. I called the payment center to make my payment. I needed to pay for two months to get my account current. I explained that I needed the payment for both months deducted from my checking account on a certain date. They wanted the payment on a different date, which was not possible for me to do. The date I was asking them to deduct the payment was only 7 days additional from their requested date.

They REFUSED to take my payment!!!!!!! How absurd! I would hang up and call back hoping to get another agent and they all would NOT take my payment? I asked for the supervisor and that was the worst! SHE WOULD NOT TAKE MY PAYMENT EITHER? She threatened to take my car, which at that date I was only 30 days late.

She made fun of me for using the word “absurd” asking why they wouldn’t take my payment? I could not believe that I called to set up my payments and they would NOT take my money? Later that day, I called again. They of course had all the days information in the computer. I spoke with another supervisor and she started her conversation with me very nasty reminding me of the days events. She even first refused to take my payments.

Then I said, well maybe I can call an attorney and MAKE you take my payment? Her response was this….”Oh, all you people threaten with an attorney…you don’t have enough money to make your payment..but you will spend thousands of dollars to hire an attorney to go after us! Ha Ha! Go right ahead honey. get an attorney” ALL THIS TORMENT TO PAY MY PAYMENT? Finally, after begging her, which made me furious to do, she took my payment.

BUT, she said this to me…”Honey, I will do this for you this one time and I am going to lock up all your information so tight in this computer and set it up to inform everyone to NOT EVER take any late payments from YOU! You better be on time each month!” WOW…I have never experienced anything like this in my life trying to make a payment? If you notice at the beginning of the call…the first message informs you that your conversation is being recorded for training purposes.

How much incentive does Wells Fargo give their employees for harrassment?

Today I went into the wells fargo near me. I needed some paperwork to delete someone from the account. The paperwork had been started and was simply to delete a person from the account. I wanted to know how I could finish this process. I was told that the women who had the paperwork, was out at another branch. someone tried to call her but she never called back. I then said that in all my 25 years of banking with wells fargo, and never a problem, how can I be turned away, without being able to finish the business that was started. No one could help me.

I was told The woman had the paperwork locked in a drawer and that she would be in the next day, unless she had to go to a different branch.They were even reluctant to look on the computor to see what had been done. I am appalled that no one else could help me, and that maybe i would be helped tomorrow. I had to cancel a trip due to this inefficient staff at the bank. I am so sorry about this as I have been telling everyone that wells fargo is great, and that I would never go anywhere else. Well, I will not go into that branch anymore, and if the staff is inefficient I will have to change banks.

Sent a wire transfer from the Park Shore Branch in Naples Florida to Ireland on the 21st of October. I checked everything thoroughly to make sure there were no mistakes after the banker began to spell my first and last name incorrectly and didn’t seem to understand that Ireland is not in the same timezone as Florida. I double checked all info. After 7 days the money had not arrived. Several times Wells Fargo told me that the problem was on the Irish side, which is impossible because there is no intermediate holding account on that end, the money either goes in or not.

Yesterday Wells Fargo a Park Shore Naples told me that they could have ” a company research the matter and that there would be fees for this service” l. I asked how much the fees would be and they said they didn’t know and could not find out or even give me a ball park estimate. They could not disclose the make of the compantly and blamed my Irish bank for the fee but they needed me to “OK” the undisclosed charge before they could help me find my money.

My Irish bank does not charge any such fee. In their words the fact that a Welps Fargo would charge me for finding money that Wells Fargo lost is unacceptable. Wells Fargo told me that they will check “every 5 days” with “the company”. This is a WIRE TRANSFER it should hit the account within 24 to 48 hours, that is the point – otherwise I’m better off sending the money by donkey coach!

Hi and beware, The lender at Wells Fargo told me to give her a check for $500 to pay the appraiser, but only if our house did not have equity. The appraiser reported that our house could have equity, but only if we made some repairs. (I know that our house has equity and that this was a bogus appraisal). So guess what?! The lender cashes the $500.00 without even telling me! The scam is that the lender wants to force me to take out a loan I can’t afford to make the repairs before refinancing. Never once did the lender warn me about this. Now I’m forced to see my money flushed down the toilet or forced to take out a loan I can’t afford!

I’m so mad, and if there is anyone that knows what do to next in this situation, I’d be grateful for your advice.

I have had a substantial hail claim since April of this year. We received the check from the insurance company and promptly sent it in to Wells Fargo with the required paperwork. The job has been completed and now we are waiting for Wells Fargo to set up an inspection to ensure the work has been done. The contractor is done with the work and now we are just waiting on Wells Fargo. The project has been completed for 3 weeks and Wells Fargo is still holding on to the insurance money until they get their ducks in a row. Why should the contractor be bank rolling Wells Fargo?

Makes me wonder if the $25,000 we sent them was used for something else. Seems off and funny to me – I will NOT use Wells Fargo again

I have been a Wachovia customer for several years. The new change to Wells Fargo has been very challenging to me. First after a loooong process of reenrolling my on=line account, anwsering 50 million questions just to be able to access my account. Guess what I had to the same thing again 2 days later when I tried to sign on again. My other gripe I’ve had a Wachovia Gold debit card for several years. Well today my card broke I had to have it replaced only to find out that now I have a UGLY cheep looking blue card with the word DEBIT STAMPED across the front. How tacky.

I guess that’s done so that I’ll be forced to go back to your web site and have my card designed my your wonder team of tacky designer, or let everyone at the mall know that I’m paying with Debit. I can’t thank you enough!! One last thing The gas station i frequent only uses CREDIT. WOW THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

I had been with Wells Fargo for 10 years, ahead by 4 months in my payments and they contacted me with an offer to their best customers to refinance with a lower interest rate and a lower payment. I did it and that is when the problems started. I had never had a problem prior to the refinance 8 months ago. Since that time they have applied my payment 3 times to principal. I don’t find out until 3 weeks later when I notice that I have not received a statement. When I call (India) customer service to get it resolved I am told they will open a work order and someone will look into it in 72 hours!

4 weeks and 72 hours it is corrected and I have a new payment coupon. In 8 months they have been able to get me down to 2 months in advance no longer 4. A few more times and they will have me in default! What if I had been making my payments right on time?

In May, 2011, we applied for a mortgage with Wells Fargo. We were approved and throughout the entire process supplied any and all information requested that very day or the next day. Since we were buying a HUD foreclosure, and there was a time limit on the contract, we had to pay a $225.00 extension fee because Wells Fargo was unable to close by the date on the contract. Ben, the mortgage broker, assured us that Wells Fargo would reimburse us the extension fee at closing because it was their fault we didn’t close on time. At closing, Ben stated that it was against FHA financing rules to reimburse cash.

So Wells Fargo would give us a Home Depot gift card. Apparently, he would say anything to close the deal, because 2 months later, no gift card and when contacted Ben stated he had other customers and no time to deal with us. I guess the lesson here is don’t believe mortgage brokers (bankers)tell you because they will say anything to get you to sign on the dotted line.

My wife lived in Cassel California and passed away last year. I had never been to Cassel. The next town over is Burney about 8 miles away. I was with my 24 year old son and ran short of cash. I went to Redding 65 miles away to the ATM. The next time I went to US Bank ATM in Burney and used it 3 times. When I got home I got charge by both banks. I was vary upset. I now plan on keeping the Cassel home as a vacation place. I probably will start a new account in Burney. After reading some of the blogs on Wells Fargo I may think about using other banking facilities.

Wells Fargo is the worst…I mean the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of patronizing. Their customer service is a sloppy disgusting mess. Rather than to make sure you receive the proper service they would rather bounce you around, waisting your time (the so-called valued customer), never attempting to make your experience on the phone a pleasant one, all just to feed you some BS line that they can’t help you but the other department can but when you get to department that’s supposed to help you they don’t know how to help you either. Funny they will be all over you when they something from you but if you want something from them they all but tell you F..YOU!

Well that’s what I’m telling them F..YOU Wells Fargo, I hope your sorry ass business fails. You suck. I hope someone outs your disgusting scams and shuts your asses down. I hate you!!!!!

Me and my wife currenty have a mortgage in good standing through Wells Fargo. We had recieved numerous solicitations by phone from WF to refinance. Finally I decided to talk to them and see what it was all about. They said because I was a current customer in good standing, I qualified for a lower interest refinance at no cost to me. They sent me the informatin; we reviewed it and decided it was a good choice for us. I talked to the Wells Fargo loan processor to get things started he entered everything and said someone would be in touch.

2 days later a girl from the Charlotte office of Wells Fargo called and said she needed more information about my employment. 4 years ago, I became self employed as a consulting engineer providing estimating and project management services to construction companies. I explained this to her and she said she could not verify that. I offered to send in previous years tax returns which contain a Schedule C for self employed. She said that was not good enough. I needed to have a website or advertise in some way. She said I needed to be registered with the state as a business.

NOT IN PENNNSYLVANIA YOU SIMPLE BI&#H. I don’t advertise because I work for a select group of companies in Pittsburgh. This is crazy especially since I currently have a mortgage with them. I wish there was someone at Wells Fargo that could help? But I have been told I am out of luck.

ive been with wells fargo an its has been a headache. they have contacted family memebers about my account they call them non-stop. they keep sending letters to everyones house even those who are family by marriage. i have told them over and over againg that the car is not working and im will to settle to pay off the loan. the car is a 2002 i have had it for 6 years and they are saying i still owe 10,000 on the car. they even call on holidays they call my grandmother cell phone… she paid her car payment aslo an they tried to make her pay mine to because we share the same address. wells fargo is bad at doing business and understanding there customer i will never tell anymore to use them ever.

Please tell me HOW this is acceptable business practice. I am a 53 year old woman that has worked for Chrysler Dealerships over the last 5 years in sales and unfortunately am in the court process of losing my home to Wells Fargo. After several unsuccessful “modification” attempts. In fact Wells Fargo told me my life circumstances has no bearings what so ever on my loan. They also asked me what my solution would be in a perfect world and when I told them a realistic plan and solution for my situation they laughed and said well it’s not a perfect world and that is NOT going to happen!

Wells Fargo plays really nasty emotional games and losing everything is emotional enough. They finally after months stopped calling me and just over the last five days (I have a court hearing coming up in a week) they start calling again out of the blue. I mentioned to them today that I was going to record the conversation and they informed me they can no longer speak to me. The Wells Fargo representive told me they have a staff that edits their recordings and takes out things as protection and if I record a conversation they do not have access to edit my recordings!

Does anyone realize this is the type of help Wells Fargo is giving the public?

Dear Wells Fargo Representative, I am not a wells Fargo Customer. Yesterday, I stopped by Wells Fargo (Huntington Beach ) Golden West and Bolsa Ave to cash a check. After about 15 minutes talking to the bank representative (Paul Gaurodo) I am not sure about his last name anyway after he got my fingerprints, all my IDs , and wrote all the information on the check ..he told me since I am not a wells fargo customer he can’t cash the check for me …it’s OK no big deal – I just needed the cash at that time I deposited the check into my bank account today ..he did not even apologize for that …but’ it’s ok …I think I will never be a wells Fargo Customer. Thank you for the great customer service!

I have a car that was purchased new in 2005. I financed with Wells Fargo Auto Finance. They gave me a 72 month loan with 18% interest. If you do the math… you will see I signed up for a loan that would make them a ton of money. I am a teacher. Recently teachers had a huge layoff in Georgia and now I am unemployed. Although I have struggled in the past, this is like nothing I have ever been through. I have continued to pay Wells Fargo for the car. I have gotten behind on payments but no more than 60 days. When I asked for an extension they denied it.

When I asked for any program or solution, they had none. When I asked to change the due date, they denied it. I make monthly payments but it takes two unemployment checks to make One payment. I now receive over 8 phone calls a day, every day beginning at 8am and going to 9pm. They are rude when I answer and try to reason with them that I can’t dream up new money. I told them I have no intention of just letting the car go back and will continue to do the best I can. They threaten repo in every phone call.

Once they told me I COULDN’T make a payment unless I made TWO. They have told me “You need to stop playing GAMES.” They have suggested I get my CHURCH to pay my car payment. They have yelled at me. They have told me that I am irresponsible and that I am just plain avoiding my debts. Does anyone have a class action suit against them for unfair debt collections?

Have had multiple Mortgages with Wells Fargo Bank and the Wells Fargo Financial Division for Refinancing and also Wells Fargo Mortgage. We have NEVER in over 30 years been late with ANY payment to them and often have paid ahead or made larger payments. I am alone now and have become so ill that I was hospitalized for months. During that time I made payments, however I was told by 5 Doctors that there is no possible way for me to continue to work. I called Wells Fargo Bank and got in touch with the Wells Fargo Mortgage Division but they were of NO HELP.

From May of 2008 at the beginning on the housing bust, I owned the property. After failed attempts to sell the property during this time, I requested of Wells Fargo a loan modification and entered a process of several months of filing paper documents, extensive phone calls and a great deal of incompetence given that the bank employees often gave very contradictory information regarding the modification. I asked the Wells Fargo rep what I need to do to bring the loan current. I then proceeded to look for another tenant only to find out that Wells Fargo had still placed the loan in foreclosure status and used a portion of the my money to pay internal attorney fees which I had no knowledge of.

Don’t waste your time with Wells Fargo. I wonder where they get those people, like winners of a contest “worst spelling and communication in the class, the best slacker of the year”… Customers at least deserve to deal with somebody who’s able to build grammatically correct sentences, and also finish them. We applied for a loan pre-approval in the end of September 2010, now it’s mid-February 2011 and nothing is done. A few times they told us that it’s finished, and that they are sending a letter. Never did (probably, not literate enough to write it). Also (probably didn’t like our names) Wells Fargo asked us to produce VISAS!

Wells Fargo closed our business & personal accounts on the 14th of the January, a Friday. They told us we would receive our funds within 10 days, by the 24th. On the 31st, we still hadn’t received our funds (over $2000.00). On the 5th of February, a Saturday, we still have not received our funds. We lost postal service only one day during the recent snow storm that hit our state and surrounding states. We also received a notification from Wells Fargo on a closed business savings account, mailed from South Dakota on the 2nd of February. Supposedly, our funds check was cut on the 28th, mailed on the 31st, and mailed from North Carolina.

We were told subsequent to the “check will be there by the 24th” story that they had to wait 10 business days before cutting the check (which was technically the 28th). Apparently they have another policy for when they mail the check, and it is also apparent they don’t send their refund checks out first class mail from North Carolina, which is usually only 2 days in the mail. Now we’re being given the “snow storm” excuse–I think we’re being given a SNOW JOB. It has been 15 business days since the closing of our accounts, plus 3 weekends.

They are also telling us that if we want them to issue a new check, we will have to wait another 10 days from the date of the check (the 28th to the 11th of Feb) before they would cut another check. In short, they’re refusing to 1) track the check; 2) research to see if a check was actually cut and mailed; 3) cut us a new check or better yet, wire us our funds that they’ve now used for the better part of a month; 4) make NO attempt WHATSOEVER during the entire period to contact us with ANY details regarding OUR money.

This greedy behavior is right in line with their overdraft lawsuit that they lost in California, their greedy behavior in the mortgage crisis, and their overall lack of professional courtesy in their dealings with customers, past or present, and certainly a harbinger for the future for any customers, which we still are one because we have a mortgage with Wells Fargo also. These people do not deserve to be in the banking industry. They are money mongers.

Since we do not want to lose our house, we contacted Wells Fargo Home Mortgage in spring of 2010 for a loan modification, after being counseled that there were many different options available to us. I got the ‘Agreement’ letter today with our upcoming payment schedule for the next four months. The first three months were, of course, the reduced payment amount. But the fourth payment was the full payment for April PLUS the balance of payments that would have normally been made. Unbelievable! I am contacting any state and federal agency that will listen to me to complain about this. I can’t believe we were strung along for EIGHT MONTHS, then lied to that this would be a ‘relief’ for us!

I will immediately get to the major points of my complete frustration and the financial loss I have occurred while working with Wells Fargo Financial and Wells Fargo Mortgage on my refinance. Please note Wells Fargo Home Mortgage has my current mortgage. I’ll state the facts out briefly and later in my message I will provide any clarifying information you may need to fully understand my frustration and complete dissatisfaction with your organization.

1. I have lost approximately $9119.18 (a + b below = $9119.18) in paid interest; which includes, monthly out of pocket expenses due to the delays that continue to occur that are preventing the closing of my refinance. None of these delays were created by me. I responded immediately to any requests made of me.

a. I am current paying an additional $658 per month out of pocket each month this refinance does not close. This is the difference in the current mortgage payment amount and the new mortgage payment once the loan is closed. In addition, I currently pay an additional $300 per month for homeowners insurance and property taxes; these are not escrowed in my current loan. The Initial closing date for this loan was 8/24/10 – 12/24/10 (4 months) x $685 per month = $2740.

b. Each day the closing of the new loan is delayed it costs me approximately, $51.45 per day in interest charges. Based on the original closing date I was given by Wells Fargo Financial 8/23/10; the total interest cost to me is 124 days x 51.45= $6379.81 (8/24/10-12/24/10)

After a detailed review of your web site it appears Wells Fargo Mortgage and Wells Fargo Financial are definitely promoted as one in the same. Prior to writing this letter I reviewed your web page regarding your company’s mission and values. Based on my experience over the past 6 months you are not adhering to or successfully meeting the expectations of your commitment to the customers you serve. In fact, I reviewed several web pages and found information regarding loan refinancing options that appear to be a much better financial option for my situation.

Other options of loan programs were never discussed with me when Wells Fargo Mortgage took over my initial application for a refinance from Wells Fargo Financial due to inaccurate information provided by their staff. Wells Fargo Financial took full responsibility for the issue and assisted in transferring all necessary documents and information to Wells Fargo Mortgage to ensure I did not experience any additional challenges with the refinance process. I’ve included at the bottom of this email specific information from your websites that appear to be a much better programs than the current one I am locked into.

I would like to know specifically, why these programs were not discussed with me and why I was not provided with all the options available to me at the time this loan was initiated. The initial closing date provided on the application completed with Wells Fargo Mortgage is 10/30/10, currently 54 days past due.

I respectfully request your immediate reply to my concerns and request I be compensated adequately for the money I have lost due to the poor and inadequate service provided by Wells Fargo. I do not believe the $1000 offered by Randy Smith is adequate due to the amount of money I have lost in doing business with Wells Fargo, the continued inadequate customer service; and, my refinance still has not closed nor do I have an accurate summary statement for my review.

It appears in your Code of Ethics section A. subsection 3, 2nd bullet you have the ability and authority to waive fees and offer discounts. Please get back with me right away to discuss those options you are willing to offer.

Respectfully,

Suzi Pulczinski
907-982-1374 email: suzip@gci.net

To ensure you have specific details of my experience working with your organization I have included a detailed recap of the circumstances, consistent issues, and what appears to be a total lack of disregard for your customers.

Summary of events:

Initially, I was contacted by your Wells Fargo Financial office located in Wasilla, Alaska a few years ago. I was extremely impressed with the customer service provided by the loan specialist and the office manager, they were knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, explained the risks and long term advantages of the options they could offer, and were true to the promises and agreements made with me both verbally and in writing.

I was contacted by Wells Fargo Financial to inquire about my interest in refinancing my current mortgage, due to the very high rate of 10+%. This contact occurred in April or early May 2009. I immediately followed through with the requirements to make application for the refinance. I was given a closing date on the signed contract of 8/23/2010 at the latest. During the application process I was assured by the loan processor that at the time of closing I would be able to lock into the current interest rate if it was lower than the 5.1 we currently figured in the loan. The loan cleared underwriting and an appointment was made to close the loan. The date of the closing I contacted Wells Fargo Financial to ensure the interest rate was adjusted to the current low rate of 4.5. At that time, it was explained I had been given miss information by the loan processor and the interest rate could not be adjusted. During this conversation with Chris the local manager he said the only option was to start the process over to get the lower rate. He stated his office was unable to do it but he would connect me with another Wells Fargo office to complete the refinance on my loan.

Immediately upon referral to Wells Fargo Mortgage in your Wasilla office I was contacted by loan processor Jay Larson. All my information was transferred from Wells Fargo Financial to Wells Fargo Mortgage and confirmed by Jay. In approximately 1-2 weeks Jay contacted me to explain I would need to come into the office and sign the new loan application. We scheduled a time and date and the application was signed and the interest rate was locked in on 8/24/10. During my initial phone call with Jay and again in person when signing the loan application I asked Jay about closing costs I would be expected to pay. He stated an estimate of $200 or so but he could not be certain. At that time, I said, no problem but a few thousand would be an issue. I also explained my loan with Wells Fargo Financial would not require any money from me at closing and I would assume this will be the same. Today, I was told by Jay my anticipated closing costs would be approximately $3600; the actual summary sheet he provided shows the closing cost I must provide at $4606.

Periodically, throughout the past 4 months Jay has checked in with me. Often, I initiated the contact to check the status of my loan. I called several times with concerns of my appraisal expiring before closing. Jay reassured me initially we should have no problem closing before the appraisal will expire. However, if it does we can request an extension. I was contacted by Jay on November 1st or 2nd, he told me everything looked great, the loan was ready to move forward and we should close within about 10 days. Needless to say, it had already been 90 days with Wells Fargo Financial and another 60 days with Wells Fargo Mortgage I’d been waiting to close this loan. I was very excited we were finally closing. In approximately mid-November I contacted Jay and asked what happened why haven’t we closed yet. He indicated they were very busy and the case was set and ready to go through underwriting.

I was then contacted a day later requesting additional information from another Wells Fargo employee indicating he was following up for Jay and that a couple question had not been completed on my initial application and he needed to ask me those before the loan could move forward. I answered his questions. I explained to this employee I was concerned because my appraisal was expiring in a few days and Jay had indicated we would have closed around mid-November and it was now late November and the appraisal expires 11/28/10. He stated he would do what he could. With still no update on my loan closing I went to the Wells Fargo Mortgage Office in Wasilla, on approximately 11/30 after several attempts to get clear and accurate information over the phone. At that time, I spoke with Jay and Brenda who indicated she was the area manager. I expressed my frustrations; she explained she just became aware of the situation and would look into it and get back with me the next day. Jay apologized by saying he is only as good as the information he is given.

Brenda did contact me the following day in a timely manner. She explained she had contacted underwriting and that the appraisal expired so they requested an extension. She explained the appraiser agreed to do it right away. Brenda explained once that was received she had the file tagged so it could be routed immediately to the correct underwriter for completion. She stated she would call me with an update the following day. Jay and Brenda also indicated they expected we would close by Wednesday 12/8. I explained I would be in Fairbanks for business the entire week. Brenda indicated arrangements could be made to close in Fairbanks. She would let me know once we had a firm closing date. I received no contact from Jay or Brenda until Monday 12/6 or Tuesday 12/7, which was initiated by me. I had not received a return phone call on, 12/1, 12/2, or 12/3 from Brenda. However, she later left me a voice message stating she did call me on one of those days, however a check of my voice mail at all contact numbers I did not have any message from Brenda. Jay did return my call early in the week 12/6, he explained we should close any day. I explained I was in Fairbanks and to arrange the closing for Monday 12/13 or 12/14 if necessary. I was again contacted by Jay on Tuesday 12/7 requesting I provide additional copies of my paystubs, since those provided initially were now too old. These were provided to Jay via fax within hours of his request.

Upon my return to Wasilla on Saturday 12/11 I had not heard back from Jay about a closing date. On Monday, December 13, I called Jay. During that conversation he explained we were still not ready to close. He said he could tell the loan was in the process and we should have it ready for closing any day. At this point, I requested to talk with his Supervisor Brenda’s manager because it is clear neither he nor Brenda have the ability or authority to correct the issues.

I immediately contacted the local area manager Rod. He was out of the office so I left a detailed message of my concerns and requested a call back. Rod returned my call within a reasonable amount of time. He indicated he did not have the details of the situation; however, throughout the conversation it became clear he had talked with Jay or Brenda about the details of my concerns. I explained the challenges I have experienced throughout my dealings with Wells Fargo, beginning in June. He stated adamantly he would not take responsibility for the poor service provided by Wells Fargo Financial. I explained from the customer perspective they are one in the same. I explained the issues and the concerns I have about the unacceptable customer service I have received in addition to the money I am losing each month this loan does not close. In my attempt to explain exactly what I was referring to, Rod interjected his opinion several times, which unfortunately were inaccurate to the situation I was attempting to explain. These are the facts I requested he consider for every month this loan does not close:
1. The appraisal expired and had to be recertified.
2. My current mortgage payment is approximately $1525 per month.
3. My monthly expense for taxes and homeowners expense is approximately $300
4. New mortgage estimated payment including taxes and insurance $1250 per month

Current monthly mortgage, taxes, and insurance: $1825 per month
New loan estimated monthly mortgage, taxes, and insurance $1225 per month

For every month this mortgage closing is delayed costs me $658 (per Jay’s calculations) per month cash out of my pocket.

Rod explained he would have to confirm with Jay that this was actually the money I was paying out each month; he stated once he verified it he would consider providing me with a $400 discount on the loan. I explained that was unacceptable. I requested the name and phone number of his supervisor. He provided the name and phone number for Randy Smith.

I contacted Randy Smith immediately and left him a detailed message of my concerns. Randy returned my call a few hours later, approximately 5pm Alaska time. He acknowledged my frustrations; however, was unable to assist in moving my loan forward so a closing date could be set. We also discussed the monthly amount I was losing just by paying the mortgage, taxes, and insurance on my current mortgage $658 total more than if the refinance had been closed. Randy confirmed he checked with Jay and I was having to put out about $658 more a month than if the loan had closed timely. He offered to compensate me with $400, I explained this was unacceptable. I had already lost over $3000, he stated he was unwilling to even consider that amount. I suggested he at least cover the cost of the 50 days plus Wells Fargo Mortgage has delayed the loan which cost me in only monthly costs $1400 (not including the interest costs I am incurring for each day the loan does not close.) Randy then stated he liked round numbers and offered $1000 which I agreed to. I asked him specifically, when the loan will close, he stated by the end of the month. I again expressed my complete frustration of unacceptable service – I have been waiting since June. He stated he had no control over it and could not guarantee a date earlier than the end of the month. I explained to Randy, that if the loan had not closed by Friday 12/17 we would be talking again because I would expect additional compensation for the continued delays. It is now December 23, an accurate summary statement has not been provided to me, nor has a closing date been set. However, I was assured the loan was approved by underwriting.

It was explained last week the reason we could not close yet was due to waiting for a payoff on my current mortgage. On 12/14 the pay off still had not been received. Jay contacted to confirm my November mortgage payment had been made. I assured him I had, but then checked my account and realized I had neglected to electronically transfer the payment. I did so immediately on 12/14. I contacted Jay again on 12/17 because I still did not have a closing date. He stated the payoff had been received but did not reflect my current payment. Considering my current mortgage is with Wells Fargo Mortgage and my refinance is also with Wells Fargo Mortgage it seems very odd that an accurate payoff would not be available immediately or at least within 24 hours.

Throughout my discussions with loan processors, Branch Managers, Areas Managers, and Regional Managers it was clearly conveyed they did not care about the customer service they provide and often discounted or quibbled with me regarding the details of information we discussed. In fact, at least two of these employees eagerly agreed they are working in a broken system. It was also clearly conveyed to me they would give no consideration to the poor service provided by Wells Fargo Financial. However, I will state again in reviewing your web site it is clear Wells Fargo Financial is a member of the Wells Fargo Company.

My story is so similar to everyone who assumed Wells Fargo new anything about fair practice act. Got fired, got behind asked for modification, they asked for insurance claims. They sold my home after saying we are going to do everything to keep you in your home blah blah blah. Wells Fargo foreclosed in 5 months after not missing a payment for over ten years. We had been paying extra on the loan almost each month, we had been paying when we did not even live in the home for over a year due to a fire. Now what I need to know is what is the note, and how do i find out who really owns the note. My original loan was with wamu.

The Wells Fargo people were put together, we were assured over and over, and over that, we would get in front of Wells Fargo before they left and that we would leave with an answer. I waited and waited and was just about to get in front of Wells Fargo and they announced that they were too tired and were going home and we would not be seen. The frustrating part is I was within minutes of being in front of Wells Fargo and they went home when it was my turn. As a result, I am getting all of this non-communication and told different stories every time I talk to someone. This has been a very painful process and has been way more work than it should ever have been – especially since I was told in Phoenix that I would leave with an answer from Wells Fargo.

I am incredibly annoyed by Wells Fargo right now and their constant solicitors phone calls. I understand I am behind on bills, but there is no reason to call this much. I don’t make money on an hourly and daily basis and I wish Wells Fargo understood that. I working on getting money together, but please be more patient. After all I have paid you consistently on my home loan mortgage for the last 10 years! I get calls from phone sales people all the time, and most of them are just looking to make some easy cash so they usually are persistent, however you’d think with more long term goals Wells Fargo would not want to get on my nerves like this!

Wells Fargo are liars and thieves. When I first started having problems they informed me to call their home loan program and also contact the Home Affordable Modification Program. After months of getting nowhere and multiple trials payments I am told that the “Investor” that now owns my loan does not do modifications through the Home Affordable Modification Program. So instead of making arrangements for me to pay off the loan with a low interest rate Wells would rather sell the house to investors and get reimbursed the LOSS from the government which means the tax payers. Wells made money when they sold my loan to investors and now Wells will get paid again from the government that guaranteed the loan. They get money no matter what happens, so why would Wells Fargo ever care about the interests of their customers!!! They can’t lose no matter how bad they run their business!

I was a long time customer of Wells Fargo. The most important feature was my flawless online banking experience. As I learn now they were a rare find. You entered your bills to be paid by the date you needed them paid. If a paper check needed to be mailed, Wells Fargo used to give you an estimate as to when the payment would be received by the payee. Most important, the money did not leave your account until the check was presented to the bank for payment. Now they have all but forgotten about us, the customers! They could care less when or why things get posted, and it’s up to you to guess at when the money will clear for payments!!!

As a consumer in today’s unfortunate housing market, I can’t thank the government enough for making the Home Affordable Mortgage Act. In exchange for a promise from lenders to help consumers in hardship to catch their loans up and avoid for-closure the Federal Government has allotted special bailout funds to these business’s. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is deliberately doctoring their numbers, misleading consumers that call upon them for help, turning away people with unfair and fraudulent acts, as well as withholding information and documents needed for consumers to stop the for-closure proceedings in a way I believe is to purposely to gain homes in areas that will not only let them recoup their losses, but the equity in that home as well.

I tried to refinance my house with Wells Fargo and I have a good credit score, I owe less balance on bills then when I bought the house as well as I put a large down payment down so I don’t owe a lot. I thought this would help me out in this process with Well Fargo Mortgage, but oh was I sorely mistaken. The person I was working with was concerned about a balance of $38.10 which was going to be paid off that week, but I figured nobody would take such a small amount seriously. Even thought they have gotten Stimulus money they are not interested in refinancing my house, though I have explained the situation. I pay my mortgage early every month since I bought the house, and this is extremely frustrating given my situation. They are not interested in any business, especially mine!

I purchased a vehicle in 2006 with a co-signer at 12.5% (sub prime). It’s supposed to be almost paid off however, they just repossessed my vehicle after almost 4 years of timely payments, the loan being 13 calendar days late, my car is gone. Also, as many other people have posted in their complaints, I have had collateral protection insurance attached on and off over the course of the last 4 years regardless of the fact that I have had full coverage insurance. I really want people mostly to know that there are class action law suits open and moving full steam ahead for most of these violations.

Have feedback for Wells Fargo?