Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Dec 25, 2012
Bad

I am so upset. I bought gifts at toys r us for all the kids in my family. We have a tradition every year on christmas eve we wait till after 12 and then start opening up gifts. I have 2 sons which I also bought gifts for. In this event when my youngest son opened his gift and this being his first christmas. There was parts missing in the box. I think this is pethetic. And all toys should be checked before packed. It was a emmbarisment for me cause my son was crying all night. While all the kids were playing with there gifts he could not play with his lamboginicar cause there was no steering wheel. I’m so upset about this an nothing will be able to bring back christmas day I really feel to take this further. Fernando 0794820939

Have you had problems with Toys R Us?

Compare Toys R Us to Similar Toy Stores more...

Top 127 Reviews about Toys R Us

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Toys R Us customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Went into Toys R Us store in Whitby, Ontario, and ordered 2 items to be sent to Upper Wentworth store in Hamilton as a baby gift from the registry. After about 7 days still no sign of these items. Called customer service and spent a long time explaining the situation only to have the call dropped by the csr. Called back again and went through the situation again after another long period of time was told to check with Purolater.

So now I have spent time checking with the store in Hamilton, 2 CSR's and now I have to check with purolater. Outcome of this nightmare was that items were in the Hamilton store all the time and through staff incompetence we finally get these items a week later.

This was unacceptable! I called Csr again Saturday 23rd May. Now it's 9 days later only to be told that I can get 15% discount the next time I order something from the Hamilton store. Like I would ever again!! I asked can you please just send this to me. Answer: no thats the way it is.

I am so angry by now and had enough of the lack of concern and knowledge. I am now at at the stage where I will be contacting the office of the president if there is no response or satisfaction from this complaint.

Bad

My Name is Yudith Saavedra I am writing to you because your manager at the location on 3330 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60618 by the name of Diane was very rude to me yesterday on May 7, 2015 I went to try to return a power wheel that was purchase only a month ago It was used just once inside the house because at the time of purchase it was cold outside so it was still in very good condition nothing wrong with it..just that my two-year-old doesn't like it . she had a very bad attitude she kept walking away while I was talking to her and trying to show her my receipts because it shows very clearly on my receipt that all items could be returned within 90 days with the receipts and I have all my paperwork and my receipt for it and she still was very rude and wouldn't help me so I went to a different toys "R" Us in Melrose Park and they help me out so as far as your western location I will never shop there again because if you can't be a peoples person and speak to people with manners and respect then they shouldn't be working there specially with kids having to see that type of behavior from a manager because it is a kids store and as parents were spending lots of money at your store so it's not fair for your employees to have that type of bad attitude very bad look i'm very disappointed.

Bad

I stopped in your Salisbury Maryland store location on 03/26/2015 to shop for our grandson, I walked that store 3 times in search of a employee to assist me. No body around, so I went to the customer service desk to inquire about a ninja turtle playset. The female at the desk was too BUSY TALKING WITH A MAN about what's been going on and totally ignored me so I finally said excuse me could you check and see if you have a product, she said no too quick and I knew I was interrupting her personal conversation. So I asked if she would please check the computer to see if any of the other toys r us might have it in stock and without hesitation she told me my best bet would be target and continued to ignore me !! So left your store, came home and called the store to get the District managers phone number and they wouldn't even give me the dm's name. (store manager was of no help when I called either) So I called and talked to somebody at I guess your cooperate office and a man named Red took my complaint and said the DM would be calling me I got a reference number of 150336-003211. And not surprised I've not heard from anybody from toys r us . We now have 4 grandchildren, I'm done with toysrus ! I work too hard for my money to spend at a business that can't return a call .

Bad

I called yesterday to find out what time the next wave of amiibos went on sale for preorder. You employee told me it started at 10am today. I just found out that the preorders started at 2am CDT. When I called toys r us all I got was a rude employee saying "its online only". I explained to him "I know its online only, but why did your employee tell me the preorders started at 10?" "sorry its online only" *hung up* This is the second time toys r us screwed me with these amiibo preorders. I had a big problem last time I tried to preorder the lucario amiino. I will never shop at toys r us again.

Bad

It has come to my attention that you are now selling a Quija Board, the packaging aimed for little girls. Apparently you do not know how dangerous the quija board is. It is NOT A TOY!!! It is EVIL!! By selling this you are putting children & families in danger. There are Many of us who will not shop in your stores or any stores that carry this item, until you take it from your shelves. If you really care about your customers, you would not continue to sell this in your stores. I pray you will make a wise choice & discontinue the quija board from your shelves forever....Ty

Horrible

Introduced by my friend it was my very first visit to babies R Us . Excited i was due to the fact im going to be a grandmother for the first time and thought it to be a place of business i would return to for a long time. Its been far from that . I experienced the worst customer service ever. I was in the store for a good two hours and spent over $1,000. When i got home i realized i was missing 5 pairs of baby shoes that were bagged separately. I wasn't notified at all. The store had my information because i ordered a crib and received a rewards card that day. When i called to inform them i wasnt given the items purchased the response from the clerk that waited on me was a chuckle and " oh yea the bag is right here, i must have forgot to give it to you , and do you have your receipt? " I explain to her yes however i would need to send my sister with it due to my injuries from a car accident and not feeling well. She then said , " oh im gonna have to ask my manager if that's OK" . I said , really?

But im sending her with my receipt. " she said yea ill get back to you hold please.I couldn't believe she was going to put me on hold and discuss such a open and close situation when after just leaving the store and purchasing the amount i had with them. When she returned after leaving me on hold for well over five minutes i told her just that and that i would go in myself. As i arrived 30 min after the phone call i stood in line as the same girl that waited on me and confirmed on the phone it was her , walked by twice behind the register ignoring the fact i was there. I then related to someone else i needed to pick up some paid for items. It was only then then she decided to help me and retrieve the bag from an office. I left ,went home and decided id better look over my purchases. I came to the spa bath and noticed the tape on the bottom didn't look completely on the box. I then realized it had been opened and looked used by the water spots and scratched dirty surface.

I immediately called and was left on hold for ten minutes until after being transferred to the manager. She apologized and said to go in and they would have another ready. The next day i went in and the exchange. The following two days i received a call stating the crib I ordered was in. I called back to confirm why it couldn't be delivered and i was told it could but i would have to pay $100 to do that and additional $25 for every step after the first 6. I was almost considering but my brother in law said he would pick it up. The next day my family and i went back to the store and picked it up and i purchased another $260 of items. Oh the day i returned the bath i purchased $180 of baby items too. The following day after picking up the crib my brother in law noticed there was a crack in the wood if the crib and hole in the mattress i bought there too. My hands went up and i began to cry. My sister had to take it from there. We're still jumping through hoops to get my grand daughters space together and hoping it will get done before she arrives. We have one week left. I will never spend another dime at this business again

Bad

For the past two years shopping @toysrus in specifically in New Port Richey Florida, Clearwater Florida, and Wesley Chapel Florida I have had no success when looking for merchandise pertaining to collectors merchandise including the following. From a Collectors stand point this is unacceptable that A Big Company such as Toys r Us cant even keep enough stock in of any of these Items. From a Stand point of going in the store I have also gotten wind of certain stores and the managers in those stores are holding items for themselves or specific customers and it never reaches the store shelves. Again this is also unacceptable as a customer never even gets the chance to purchase any of the items they are looking for. The toys r us in this area basically does the Collectors NO FAVORS What so Ever. They only restock the baby toys and never COLLECTORS Toys. IT is also pretty sad when the same item is available online but Toys r us Wont ship to PO Box's.

THE FOLLOWING COLLECTORS ITEMS ARE NEVER IN STOCK:

* Star Wars Black Series both 3 3/4 figures and 6 inch figures
*Star Wars Saga Legends 3 3/4 figures both mission series and rebels series & single's
*Marvel Legends 6 inch Figures
*All Neca Products which includes ( Predator, Alien, Terminator and Horror Movie Figures )
* WWE Figures

Horrible

Recently I returned items to toysrus with receipts and unopened . The amount of the returns were fairly large because the items included a wii u system and games. The items were accepted without any comments. I also purchased other items that my grandchildren wanted for Christmas. I returned to the store and tried to exchange a wii skylanders starter pack for a wii u starter pack. The store did not have this item.

I went home and ordered it from toys r us on line. I took the original wii starter pack that had never been opened and include the original receipt. I was told that I had been blocked from returns. I am stuck with a toy that is of no good to me. I have called customer service and told to call back later because the service representative didn't know what to do. I have sent 3 emails concerning the hassle frr returns but have received no response. I would like this issue resolved.

My compliant is that no where in their policy does it state that you are limited to the number of returns that can be made within their time limit and with an original receipt.

Bad

I made to purchases at the same time. 1 for 198.68 and one for 142.95. When I looked at my account there is a 2 extra charges of 177.64 & 126.14. So I called your customer service number which I was told that this was a hold for 3 to 5 days. Which I am still trying to understand I order from online web sites all the time NEVER have I had this happen. So I was told I would be credit back this amount after 3 to 5 days. So now I have total charges of 376.35 & 269.09 which 645.44 which should of only been 341.63. Not happy about that you never stated that these charges would occur and now it will take up to 3 to 5 days to release these charges.

Then later this evening I look at my bank account and these charges of 177.67 & 126.14 have been added to bank account again. So now for a purchase of 341.63 I have a total of 949.25 please tell me how this is possible. So I have to get back on the phone again with your customer service he tells me that is just your policy was again I ask how is this POSSIBLE! So he says we can do a 3 way call to my bank to see if there is anything we can do about this issue. So we contact my bank which will not do a 3 way call. So now I have been on the phone for an hour and half between both phone calls. So then I have to contact my bank. It is not a my bank that is putting these holds on my purchase it is your POLICY so I'm being told.

I WILL NEVER ORDER ANOTHER THING FROM TOYS R US again how can you think that this is good customer service. I just dont get it I will be placing my orders from another company next time I just don't understand why! I was just trying to get my grandchildren Christmas presents in another state but I will go somewhere else next time with the money being taken out and with the frustrasttion over the whole order. Which I haven't even recieved yet.

Bad

I went to the Toys R Us in Berwyn. IL to make a purchase and the item was “sold out” according to the employees in the electronics department. Confirmed I can order the item at customer service and have it shipped to the store or to my house. Im ok with that as I have enough time to get it before Christmas. I go to customer service and the girl that is supposed to help me looks irritated by my request. She was at least nice enough to look and advised they did have the item I wanted in the back and she can have someone bring it to me. Of course I was happy and disregarded her lack or goos customer service. 20 minutes go by and nothing, so I ask. She advises me someone else was getting it and leaves the customer service area. 40 minutes later I ask the other girl about my toy. She said someone is getting it. Then I hear her tell someone else that the girl (the one that was helping me) is at lunch. Needless to say I was furious. I asked if I heard her correctly she said yes but someone else is getting your toy. I continue to wait. About 50 minutes into my wait the girl comes back and realizes she never game my paper to anyone to get my toy!!!! If it wasn’t because this toy was in the santa wish list, I would have probably flipped out and gotten kicked out. I ask for a manager. When manager comes and I inform her of everything that happened her response was “so what do you want me to do? Would a 10% discount make you happy?” I was not the only one waiting for about and hr. I would never go back to that store again

To Whom It May Concern:

I found it necessary to launch a complaint due to my experience at one of your stores while shopping on Thanksgiving evening. Trying to take advantage of the early store hours, I visited store #8811 while visiting family in Georgia for Thanksgiving. My sister, my nephew and I arrived at the store a bit after 8pm and stood in line to get in. We shopped around and found our items with the assistance of some very helpful employees (I wish I had those names). After securing our items, my nephew and I joined the line at the back of the store with our cart while my sister decided she would still browse the store. We moved along swiftly enough, but it took us about 45 minutes to get to the check out. We always check the time to see how long we wait in line. We had joined the line at 9:25pm and reached the cashier at 10:15pm. As we unloaded our shopping cart with our items, a gentleman (Store Manager, Jeromie – we found out) walked up to me and said, “You messed up my line by skipping the line.” I replied that I had not skipped the line. He repeated it and said that, “you guys skipped the line and messed up my line.” Again, I repeated that we had not and even laughed because I thought that he was joking. I said to him, “you’re joking, right?” He replied, “No, I am not. My customers are complaining that you skipped the line and they are upset.” I then realized that he had brought a Police officer, who stood on the side, with him as he confronted us. Needless to say, I became very upset. I angrily responded that we had not skipped the line as we had stood in line for 45 minutes. He kept repeating that his customers complained. I became even angrier as I felt disrespected as a fellow customer. I thought to myself that I must not be a customer also. I responded that he was upsetting my shopping experience with false accusations. He then said that he was “trying to help me out.” I was outraged that he thought his harassment was helping me out. He realized that we had not skipped the line when he asked, “did you always have the cart?” He realized then that we could not have skipped the line if we had a shopping cart pushing around. Instead of simply apologizing, he walked away leaving my family and me upset.
The more I thought of this incident, I became so upset by this man’s lack of professionalism and about how we were treated as individuals. Not only were we treated like we were not valued customers, but it was made clear by Jeromie that we obviously weren’t as important as his “other customers”. Why? We didn’t look like “his” customers should look. The other upsetting thing was that when he came to tell us that we had skipped the line, he brought a police officer over. Why? Did our skin color spell trouble for him? Did he expect problems because of stereotyping or worse?
I must admit that I love Toys “R” Us because of my children and my dozens of nieces and nephews but I will not be patronizing a company that allows this treatment of its customers. I always teach my children and even my students to treat others how they would like to be treated; but also not to allow others to treat you in a manner that is unacceptable. I must value myself and take a stand to not support Toys “R” Us until I have an apology or a reasonable rectification. Thanks so much.

Horrible

I took my two kids to Toys R Us today at the Bloemfontein branch. My little son was looking at some books and placed his wallet on the shelve. He turned his back and when I asked him where his wallet is we found it on the shelve, but his money was gone - about R370. I went to the counter to ask the staff whether there is cameras in the store as I woould like to see who stole his money but they informed that they dont have any cameras in the store. Is this really the case??

Poor

Your employee canceled my online order and placed another order. When I checked my bank account you charged me several times for one order. The notes page attached to my refrence number has taken mostly all of the employees that I have spoken to (28) at least 15-18 minutes to read. THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT FIXED!!! This has been going on for a month and I am still waiting for my $45.00 to be credited back to my account! Every time I call back the new supervisor that I talk to ( I have all their names and emplyee numbers) tells me something new on why it has not processed and that they are personally going to handle it. YEAH RIGHT!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM TOYS R US!!! GO to WALMART they will price match everything!!!!

Horrible

I shopped for X-mas at a Toys R Us store and bought nearly $200 worth of stuff. I wrote a check. It cleared 4 days later and then 5 days after that they credited the money back to my account. Wanting to do the right thing I contacted them and now it has been a week and a half of Hell trying to get them to take their money back. Again, I just wanted to do the right thing and now they want me to spend my own time, gas and money to fax them a copy of my receipt just to fix a mistake that is not even my fault!

I have been extremely disappointed with every person that I have spoken with on the phone at their company. I even had people refuse to give me contact information for their "parent" company. The only person that impressed me was the manager at the store I shopped at. I went back to visit her and although she could not help me, she was understanding, courteous and professional, and a little baffled herself. Toys R Us has put a little black cloud over my Christmas spirit this year. Hope no one else is going through what I am going through.

In Dec 2010 I purchased over $300 in bicycles for my children. The bikes were on layaway until I picked them up mid-Dec as required by the store policy. I never received anything regarding my rewards and was under the impression the rewards were good for a year. Recently, I logged into my awards account and found they had posted my bicycle purchase on New Year's Day 2011 in order to put me in the black out rewards period. So I have made a call and written an email trying to get this corrected and the rewards to apply to my purchases now. NO, they cannot change it!

This is bunk really! One more way to rip off people. I went to ToysRus because of them carrying Schwin and the layaway but could have purchased the bikes somewhere else. The employees talk up the rewards program and how great it is to convince you to buy there. I am going to contact the Arizona Attorney General and see if there is any recourse in this State for what they are doing. People should gather together and file a class action suit against them.

Horrible

Placed an order online for my grandson. He had done his "Santa" shopping from your website. It was my 3rd order of different purchases for him. I was sent back an email that was confusing. Neither my daughter nor I could actually make out whether the whole order had been stopped, or just the telescope. (The telescope was actuallty the only item listed in the email.)

So, I immediately called the number you graciously supplied. So with order number (8615722398) in hand, I made that phone call. Phone lines very busy (I expected that), I listened patiently for one of the "choices" to pertain to my particular problem . OK, number two, "Problem with an Order You Have Placed". This should work. No help there, because my order had been cancelled, so my order number was not on file.

Hmmmm...still trying to figure out about my order. Press "ZERO" ? Maybe I'll actually get to talk to someone. I'll wait, I have time. I've wasted enough already. Nothing...get sent back to the oriiginal two choices. OK, try it again. Again...maybe I'll get sent to another "Menu". No luck. Eventually I just get disconnected. By now I'm getting a "little" upset. Really, you guys told me to call this number and find out what was going on, and I can't even get close! I had to figure it out on my own. I called my credit card company to find out some information. They told me they turned the whole order down because so much unusual internet action from me.

Thank you PERSON from credit card company. Now I know what is going on! What actually got cancelled. So, since my grandson wanted these particular items, it pained me, but I reordered them from you. You can be assured, however, that next year I will make sure he AND his brother both order from a different company. A grandmother who spoils her grandchildren and ex-customer, Deb Hebel

Poor

Our family has been a customer of both stores since 2009 and on the 10th of this month we had such a horrible experience with the store on 410 and San Pedro. It began with trouble finding a dollhouse for over an hour that they said they had and could not find. Then during checkout the cashier charged us for an item that we did not have and didn't apply the $10 gift card for ever $75 worth. Our total was $415.48 and when we asked the manager Heather she gave us an attitude and said there was nothing she could do about since it wasn't caught before she finished up the transaction. I explained it wasn't the only mistake made and after the three hour experience it should be fixed since i had the receipt in hand. Heather again was beyond rude and said he couold do nothing about it.

Toysrus in Shirley
I walked into shop a female member of staff at the customer service desk said can i take your shopping bags i said why. She said that it is policy that we have your shopping bags. I then said i have bought a ipod from Currys worth £200 so if i hand over my bag are you responsable for my bag she said no. I then said i know and understand why you would like to hold my bags until i finished shopping in your store but due to the value of my ipod i feel worried about me leaving my bag with you knowing that you are not responsable for my bag. the member of staff said well its our policy, and if you take your bag into the shop you will be asked to be search on the spot by a security guard i said fine i have a receipt for my things in my bag. I felt like i done something wrong because other people were walking in with bags. After our talk i looked back at the desk and seen the member of staff talking and smurking with other staff all of them looking at me i felt really bad and i could not look around the shop properley for xmas presents. I informed the manager but i still feel down when i am thinking back of what happened. This took place at about 11:30 on 26.11.12 toyrus Shirley
kind regards jason

Horrible

I purchased a Kindle Fire HD from the Greece, NY location on 10/15/2012. I was unsatisfied with the item an I wanted to return it so I went back to the location where I purchased the item and I was told that I was unable to return the item because it was "opened." Who doesn't open an item to see if they like it or not? So I proceeded to see if I could find a sign of some sort stating the return policy on electronics in the electronic area. I was unsuccessful at finding the sign. So I spoke to the store associate and she informed me that the store policy was at every register on a placemat. The return policy was very small and I doubt people look at that so they buy things in good trust that they're able to return them later on. Obviously this is not the case I was told that I would have to call the number for the protection plan that I also purchased which would get me money back but in the form of "Merchandise Credit." That means I have to spend my money at your store again. I would rather not spend my money at your store or any other business in your company again.

Poor

toys r us is the worst store to deal with....i have had a very bad experience with them and will never shop there again...i placed an order on 11/25/12 paid for expedited shipping which was 16.96 my order was supposed to have arrived with the shipping on 11/28/12 never received it...i phoned toys r us and explained to the customer service dept.that i had not received the order...she wanted to check and she did said it had not left the warehouse...mind you my order was in stock when i placed...said she"didnt know why the order had not shipped"this was after i had been on the phone for more than an hour.She spoke with her supervisor to see what she could do to quote"ease my pain" thats a joke unfortunately she told me expidited at toyrus means 2days after it has left there warehouse which it had not! Now it is Dec.1st and i have still not received my have been on the phone for more than 2hrs.got hung up on once called back was she was sorry about my "frustration but someone would phone me back from Corporate but she did not even have the phone number mind you this was there So Called Customer relations....this has been a very bad expericene i have a 6 yr.old and we were very loyal customers of toys r us....but now he will just have to find a new place to shop this is ridiculous...

Regards and very Frustated

Kim Frazer

Horrible

Toys-R-us NOT wouldn't validate cards given as a gift because I did not have a gift receipt. Totally, unacceptable two $25.00 cards. When these cards were bought they were scanned and there should be a record of that charge or purchase that can be trackable only by Toysrus. how can I do that ... I can't that's why I reached out to Corporate offices. NO HELP, hey get paid to read a script to you! Had wait over a month for a cell back after making TWO phone-calls. $50.00 lining pockets of a wealthy corporation. WRONG!, Cancelling my Toysrus card and boycotting them. Gift cards only from Target from here on now! Never shopping at toysrus again!

Contact the Toys R Us Complaint Department