Toys R Us Customer Service

Contact Toys R Us Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1 (800) 869-7787

Welcome to the Toys R Us complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against Toys R Us online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the Toys R Us corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Upset with Toys R Us?

File a complaint here!

Reach Toys R Us Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Toys R Us corporate office

• One Geoffrey Way
    • Wayne
    • NJ 07470

1 (800) 869-7787

Top Toys R Us Complaints

My wife and daughter visited Toy R Us at Bankstown and wanting to by a bicycle. My daughter selected a bicycle and asked the staff. He told me out of stock, and I told him we are happy to get the floor stock on displayed. He told me it will cost us additional $20 stating to recoup the cost to have someone to setup. I asked where does this indicated that it will cost more. the response was that how it is. Throughout the conversation, he keep picking up calls and getting us waiting from one call after another.

We then ask another staff as at that time, didn't realized he is a store Manager. The staff told me there should not be additional cost. So I asked for the Store Manager and the same person turned up. The attitude was poor; picking up calls while dealing with the customers and told us the same thing. I said I am going to complaint. He does not seems to care. The worst experience is I contacted Toys R Us corporate feedback and the operator told me someone will contact me after taking my complaint in 5 days. Today I am yet to receive any call from Toys R Us customer relations. Well, I will now complaint to ASIC about the issue of hidden cost and attempt to charge customers.

Comment (0)

I was shopping at the Toys r Us store in Porter Ranch Ca. The date was September 5, 2016 at 7 pm. I entered the store and was shocked to see the conditions of the entryway. There was an array of debris all over the floor of the entrance. The carts were not stacked up but left all over the area also in disarray. I know customers do not place carts back many times and I am sure the debris was left by the previous Customers but my point is why wasn't the area cleaned up? It looked terrible.

Throughout the store I saw more disarray things not picked up but left in messes all over the many store aisles. There seemed to be an air of disorganization and a lackadaisical attitude from the cashiers. Usually this store is not like this. As I was checking out the clerk didn't even ask if I wanted to purchase a bag for my things and his attitude was lax even as he rang up my purchases. I am surprised at all of this because I've shopped at this store for years and yet I have never seen it looking like this.

I think someone in authority ought to look into this and perhaps re-train the employees. I don't know who the manager is but he or she should be informed.This is disappointing to me and I hope you will look into this. Toys r us has a reputation to uphold and these things should not be allowed to go unreported.

Comment (0)

Disgusting experiences. Have signed up for rewards program on three occasions and I cannot be found in the system. Each time I registered I was assured that the problem was corrected and I would not have a problem in the future. Complained to store manager and he could not pursue my latest issue because computers were down. Asked for Corporate phone number to complain about my ongoing issue only to be told by manager that there was no need to do that because complaint would just go back to him. I left the broken skate board with him and told him to keep it. I had bought a replacement policy on it , but it could not be located because I, again, do not exist in your company.

Comment (0)

I've been a regular customer at the Toys R us in Massapequa for many many years and have never dealt with such a nasty store manager.He never smiles, greets or even tries to help me find what i'm looking for.

I have heard him speak horribly and just degrade his employees while on the sales floor in front of customers. The employees at this store are always very helpful and take the time to speak to my son but recently they all look very stressed and as if they don't even want to be there. Don't get me wrong they are still very nice but you can tell the difference since he got to the store. I didn't even know his name, because he never wears his name tag, until recently because I over heard someone call him on the walkie talkie for help because a customer wanted to speak to him.

He, Maurice, was just standing in an aisle not doing anything and told the employee that he was busy. I mean I thought we the customer deserve a lot more respect than that. I've come into the store with my son 2 Saturdays in a row because my son loves and looks forward to the events Toys R Us has and have had to tell my son that it was canceled. When I ask I'm told it's because the person who does the events is the only person on register and the store manager doesn't think they should hold the event.

When I looked by register I saw that for a Saturday they only had 2 cashiers. I've never seen that or any store with only 2 cashiers on a Saturday. This Store Manager is going to run my child's favorite store to the ground. I honestly didn't want to call customer service to complain because I've never ever complained about any retail.

I worked in retail when I was younger and know how rough it is but felt like I needed to say something. Customers and employees shouldn't be treated the way I've seen this Store Manager treat people on several occasions. I don't even want a call back, I know nothing really gets done when customers complain but maybe a small slap on the wrist.

I just rather not walk into that store until he is gone.Which sadly means I will have to explain to my son why it is that he can't go into his favorite store anymore.

Comment (0)

On June 20th I placed an order online, order number 3635137148. We have received 2 items but not the toddler bed that I had ordered for my granddaughter. After more than 4 calls dealing with this matter, I had called again only to find out that a shipping label had been created for the bed but it had never been shipped. It was originally scheduled to be delivered by July 1st. The customer service rep this time was very helpful and spoke English. She put in a reorder number 443583176, with an express shipping. Once again no email stating that the bed has been shipped.

After too many calls that should of resolved this issue, I am beyond frustrated and would like this matter resolved and if you can fill this order within 48 hours I would my money fully refunded for the price of the bed and the shipped of which you have already received!

Comment (0)

As a woman of color I find this doll and the company extremely racist. I'm requesting this doll be pull from your shelves. I will also appreciate you taking responsibility of this disrespect to people of color, and contact the company and advice them of the gross disrespect that we feel concerning their dolls.

Comment (0)

I ordered a playset off of ToysRUs.com to have shipped to my home. The playset cost $1799.99 plus tax and I also had to pay $299.99 for shipping. I placed the order on 4/23/16. On 4/28/16 it shipped. Since the item was large (approx. 700 lbs) it was to be delivered via a freight company, Estes. The freight company was to contact me to schedule the delivery. On 5/2 I was contacted. I told the freight company that due to the nature of my driveway, I was unable to accommodate a semi-truck and asked if they delivered in a UPS type of truck. They then asked me if I could meet them somewhere to pick up the play set. One, it's 700 lbs and two, I paid 299.99 to have it shipped to MY HOME. Estes said they'd request a smaller truck and scheduled the delivery for 5/4.

On 5/4 they cancelled and re-scheduled the delivery for 5/6. On 5/6 they cancelled and re-scheduled for 5/9. On 5/9 -- guess what??? They cancelled AGAIN and now are unable to deliver my playset as requested. I was told to contact Toys R Us, so I did. Toys R Us called the freight company on 5/9 and told me that delivery would be re-scheduled for this week. I contacted the freight company today, 5/12 and my shipment is still not scheduled, and they could give me no date. I contacted Toys R Us again, and this time I was told that it was out of their hands and that I needed to deal with Estes, the freight company on my own. I said this wasn't acceptable, I paid 299.99 to TOYS R US for freight and I wanted them to do something for me. So they come back with that they'll give me a refund of 150.00 -- doesn't solve my problem, but hey, it's money back, right??? WRONG.

When I made the purchase of the playset, I went out and purchased $1000.00 worth of gift cards(to get Giant Eagle fuel perks) and put the balance of $800+ on my Toys R Us credit card. Toys R Us is only willing to give me MY $150.00 back via giftcard -- they refuse to credit my charge card. I talked and complained to 2 different people stating that I did not agree with their resolution and was told there was nothing else they can do. So not only is my playset being held hostage, but now $150.00 of my money is being held also. Toys R Us screwed me over on an order last year, and I said then I'd never order from them again --- but yet here I am. Screwed again.

Comment (0)

So frustrated right now. I ordered a dresser from a store location and paid for delivery, after I un-boxed it... It's damaged. I called the Toys R Us 1-800 customer service number and was told since it wasn't online I had to deal with the store but the district manager would call me in 24 hrs. (That was Friday... Still no call). I've called the store (Columbia MD) directly 50 times in the last hour and every single time they hang up on me. I'm so upset right now and have a baby dresser that is useless.

Comment (0)

We received a $15.00 Rewards card to be used by 2/26/16 after spending a FORTUNE at Christmas time for our grandkids. I came in the store and bought a Helix Power Spin Play for $16.99. We took it back to the store because my grandson wanted a Lego set. Instead of crediting us with $16.99, I was credited $1.99. Basically I was given a reward (from your rewards club) and then it was taken away from me. It should NOT matter what we used that reward on (I was told you could only use the reward once). Your reward program stinks and I'll take my business elsewhere! And I returned the first item for the second on 2/14 still within the reward cards timeframe to use it.

Comment (0)

I go in to Toys R Us EVERY sat...now for the past Saturdays in your clearance section..you have 31 " tall star wars and the rock figures for $3.90 each. Sweet deal....so I brought these guys on 2 saturdays. Today I go back to your store and those clearance items were raised to $6.90....from $3.90 the next insulting thing was under the $6.90 ticket was a $12.90 ticket...who are you fooling ....shame on you...

When I asked a man cashier do n you usually raise clearance prices and he said YES it depends on the original price. Wow disgusting....no wow I drove 12 miles each way to get more clearance items and the 3rd item I went back for today was also raised....shame on you...it is mutant mania wrestling. I will let my friends no about your phony clearance prices.

Comment (0)

I have my baby registry through your store located in Kanata Ontario, Canada. The process itself is simple, though your kiosks don't print. I've gone on several occasions and it's always out of service, or just not working. This causes concern as my guests who will be attending my shower which is about 30 people will not be able to rely on the items that should be easily accessible. My next area of concern is that at the cash once things are bought some items didn't actually come off the registry even though the registry number was provided which would just results in me having to go back and a trip for nothing. On a regular day this is highly inconvenient and while being pregnant and about to deliver this is highly inappropriate.

I went into the store today, and noticed that the car seats were on sale. I came home to look at my registry to see if the prices were matching and realized that sale items in store do not correspond with your prices listed online.This is a huge downfall in your registry because my guests aren't aware and if they were to buy something online they missed out on a better deal. Why would you want your customers to be ripped off? I certainly do not want my family and close friends to be paying an extra amount when the same item is on sale in your store.

I have many many many people who are looking at this registry and it makes me upset knowing that your company is not dependable, and doesn't follow guidelines which are true to its name. For future purposes I would never recommend any pregnant woman to do her registry with your company. I've had to do everything on my own, and had to inform my guests of ACTUAL sale prices so that they wouldn't be over paying. This is so disappointing and such a waste of my time which is extremely limited. I look forward to hearing from someone who cares and has a proper response to my concerns.

Comment (0)

Called the Johnson City, Tn store looking for an item the employee stated she would put me on hold and go look. 20 minutes later when I walked into store still on hold was told they didn't have item and nobody took my call even though the manager on duty, Nick or Nate seen my phone and took me off hold. This is very poor customer service and and there is no excuse for it. Retraining or new management that was working Jan 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM needs to be considered.

Comment (0)

I deposited money into my account (cash) about 11:45 Sat evening. I then went to work and went online to take advantage of the shipping that they guaranteed by Christmas eve because I had expedited the purchase. Anyway, made the purchase printed the receipt, and received the email. I then got an email on Sunday that the order had been suspended because there were no funds on the card. Incorrect! Please see where I deposited cash. We called the bank and the money was pending (maybe 10 calls). We called toys r us (maybe more than 10 times) where they continued to explain to us that the fault was the bank, because there was a hold. .

We knew there was not a hold because we had spoken to the bank several times and they assured us that the money was pulled from Toys r us. Well then we had to do a conference, the bank and toys r us. The bank explained that they had taken out the money, and that toys r us could take as long as they wanted to retrieve it. Well toys r us still complained that they could not do anything, because of the "hold" that didn't even exist. She spoke about cancelling and reordering, but then because it is now 4 days until Christmas.

Well after speaking with my husband she did cancel but didn't reorder. I think that the way that this was handled really sucked, we spent 400 dollars in Toys r us and we have no merchandise. The first representative stated that she wouldn't even honor 1-2 day shipping. Now my kids have no gifts, we cant get back the money until 3 to 4 business days, and no one was willing to help. I will NEVER order from Toys r us online no matter what. You would think they would do for their customers during this busy time, especially when everything was verified. Thank you toys r us for ruining Christmas!

Comment (0)

I recently visited your Warrington store, I spent quite a bit off money on my children's Xmas present, I had a problem with my first card so had to pay a second time, the women reassured me that the first payment has not gone through but the second payment, so as you can imagine I was rather upset when I when I went to another shop to our purchase something else and there was no money in my account because you had took both payments, Which equals to £679.

Also just before I carry on, the first payment which there was a problem with was for £339.79 and the second payment which went through fine was for £340. I know its only a couple off pence but your staff took it upon there selves to add that extra pence on. Anyway I went into my bank and they sorted it out bearing in mind this all happened within 1hour, anyway my account was back in credit and I thought that was the end off it. Only it's not, yet again the payment has tried to go out and will not expire till 18, so till then I have an overdrawn off over £300 which I cannot clear at the this time off year, and now I also have a bank account I can't use the week before Xmas, which a complete pain.

I also cannot pay my rent till this overdrawn balance is cleared, nor can I purchase anything else for my children till this is sorted out. I am completely devastated at the moment as you can imagine and stressed out without this kind of thing happening at this time of year, and will not be using this store again

Comment (0)

I ordered a lamp (The Peanut Shell Mila Lamp with Shade), it arrived damaged. According to the Packing List, I could return the lamp to any store with no Hassle. I tried returning it to the store #8804 in Montgomery, AL, they would not take. She said that she would charge me if I returned it from the store. I waited on the phone for 45 minutes for a Toys R Us customer service representative. Finally hung up. I would like to replace the lamp . . . . but I don't feel like I should have to pay for the return when it came to me damaged. All I am trying to do is get a replacement lamp. BUT I can tell you, that I won't buy another thing from you. This has been a horrible experience. I would like a FREE Return Label for this lamp.

Comment (0)

We attempted to purchase a few items today and because of lack of training on the manager and cashier path were not able to do so. We had two coupons from toys r us which we wanted to use but they both insisted that they can't take them. The manager (Larry) wasn't professional and made up stuff on the coupon and the cashier (Juanita ) was no help. After leaving we took a closer look and had notice what they were saying was wrong. We went back in and met the store manger who looked over the same coupon and agreed it would work and we were able to make our purchase. Point is if you don't know, don't try to act like you know and make the customer look like they are stupid; just be grown up about it and act professional. I would like to see or hear from someone to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Comment (0)

Extremely rude and ignorant manager at the Toys R Us in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. I'm not even going to get into all the details of the problem, but suffice it to say, the manager was arrogant, and didn't care about my complaint at all. All that was needed was to exchange a Scooby-doo item my wife had purchased that had a broken wheel. All we wanted was the same vehicle-not money returned- and nobody else sold the vehicle as it was a special "Toys R Us exclusive", but because the receipt was misplaced, the manager wouldn't exchange the item. Total ass. With the prices Toys R Us is charging, you would think they would employ someone who can figure out how to make a customer happy without insulting and degrading them. Ridiculous policy on returns. Will be shopping at Walmart from now on.

Comment (0)

On the 20th of November 2015 I noticed a withdraw from our joint account stating Toys R Us £24.99. I rang the bank to report a fraud because I and my partner haven't been to Toys R Us for months, when the women looked into it she said it was from the 11th September 2015, which I did purchase a Lego set the women said what might of happened is that there was something wrong with your system and that's why it took so long. I am very disgusted that is has happened and I wasn't informed about the situation. I no it's hard to no who purchased goods on their cards but you could send a message through facebook informing people you have had a glitch or try and contact the banks so they can inform people. I spent an hour on the phone trying to sort it out. Can you find out what happened that day and inform of what happened.

Comment (0)

My family has had a most disheartening day with ToysRUs. My daughter and I went to your Fort Wayne store on Sunday when it opened looking for the Tonka 12 volt ride in dump truck that was on sale. The store claimed they had none. We were told to call on Thursday to see if any came in. I called this morning (Thursday) at 9:30 and was told there was 1. I explained that I was not able to transport it in my car and would need to pick it up when my daughter got home with her Jeep. I asked if I should come out and pay for it beforehand and was told that was not necessary. It would be held for us until 5:00. I called back after talking to my daughter and told the person on the phone that we could not make it until 6:00. My daughter is a teacher and is planning a party for children with cancer.

The person on the phone was very nice both times and assured me there was no problem. Everything was fine to this point. When my daughter, who is pregnant, got there at 5:50, she was told there were three available somewhere in the store, but they could not find any. The most aggravating part is that not only was there no dump truck on hold.! In other words I was called a LIAR! This is totally unacceptable and is not the way to run a business. My daughter and I have spent thousands of dollars over the years at ToysRUs and BabiesRUs. Something needs to be done to make sure items that you advertise on sale are at least available the first day when the store opens and that when you are told something is in and available for you, it will be there waiting when you get there.

I am a grandmother and retired teacher myself and this is not the way to deal with the public. I am so disappointed with the way we were treated today. I feel we have no choice but to take our business elsewhere! If I could give you 0 stars, I would!

Comment (0)

I was recently shopping at the Toys r us in new port richey, fl. I usually take my son there and don't really mind the prices being higher than walmart, because I liked the environment of being geared completely around children. I have always appreciated the customer service, until today. When they customer service goes, and the prices are still higher, definitely not worth it. My son and I spent alot of time today walking around the store making our christmas lists for himself and everyone else. We planned on purchasing a few small items. One of which was a small lego set, that was fully stocked and labeled on the shelf. The entire time we were there he was talking about it, and looking at the package telling me all about it, super excited to hurry home and build it. When we went to ring up the cashier said this is not available to sell. I said excuse me?

She said I can't sell this to you until tomorrow! I looked at my son with tears in his eyes and asked isn't there anything you can do? She said no. So I asked for a manager. When she came up, she would not look at me or speak to me directly. My son is now crying. She looks at the screen, says "thats not for sale yet" I again asked isn't there anything you can do? She said "no" and started walking away still without even looking at me. I asked why was it stocked and labeled on the shelf? After I was ignored, I asked for the corporate number, she mumbled 800 toysrus and kept walking. I asked the cashier their names, and walked out without purchasing anything. I called the 800 number from the parking lot and live chat with customer service when I returned home. We then went to a birthday party ( geared around lego), so my son was sure to tell everyone about the lego set he almost got today, and why he didn't.

Every parent there told me that I behaved way too calmly and they would have been yelling in the store. I guess I was in aw about the whole ordeal, besides what kind of example would that set. My son was already asking why they were being so mean at the store? It is bad enough to treat an adult poorly, yet to upset my young child like that is completely unacceptable! Everything on our list is available at walmart, target, kmart, amazon. We will not be shopping at that toysrus this christmas or ever again. I will however be sure to tell everyone I know about the horrible experience.

Comment (0)

I ordered two matching toys, one for girl and one for boy. I received a confirmation and several days later a shipping delivery date. Now a week later I received an email stating the girls toy was cancelled boy toy was being shipped. I called the Toys R Us customer service line and their response was it was out of stock and offered no alternative. After vigorously complaining the representative offered to try and locate this item in a store near me. He told me there was one of these items approximately 10 hours driving time away and if I wanted it I could go get it, but they would not ship it to me. Hearing this outrageous statement I demanded to speak with a supervisor and waited 35 minutes. Of course no solution was offered by this person either. This is not the first time something like this has happened. I will never purchase another item from Toys R Us. As a company dealing in toys for children they should be considered despicable. Shame on them.

Comment (3)

I have unsubscribed several times from babies r us and toys r us emails. It has been well passed the 10 days it takes to end the mailings. I keep receiving email from toys r us. Please STOP emailing me! I do not want to hear from this company and it has become quite annoying.

Comment (0)

Your rewards program is a joke! I just canceled mine as I have been buying gifts for my grandkids for years and have never received a single point to use towards any purchases. When I ask at the checkout stand about my rewards, no one seems to know how to determine where to find my points. I give up. Headache over this ---- GONE !!

Comment (0)

Good evening. I forgot to give my Toys R Us sales associate the $10 gift card coupon, so I went over to customer service to receive it. The sales associate told me I had 2 other customers in front of me I stated OK. She was waiting on an customer and it look like she didn't really know what she was doing so sales associate Nick came over to assist. While waiting the employee waited on the other two customers plus more while I was standing there. When Nick finished with the other customer he did help me out. I stated to the employee, did you forget I was standing here she told me no I didn't. That was not good customer service and I was very unhappy with her response. Nick did apologize but overall customer service was bad.

Comment (0)

I returned 2 separate packages in the mail. I rec'd an email confirming receipt of the return on 10/7. The two reference numbers for these credits is 393681757 and 393685517. I never received the refund to my original form of payment. I called Customer service on 10/22 and complained of not receiving funds back to my account. Customer Service filed a case to the Billing Department # 151021-002379. I was advised I would be contacted in 3 business days from Babies R Us Complaint Billing Department. I was never contacted by Billing so I called back Customer Service on 10/28 and provided them with the case number. I was advised that they couldn't process anything further and basically telling me there was nothing that they could. This is literally the worst customer Service I have ever received and not to mention you can barely understand anything of the reps say when you call them with an issue or a complaint. I will never shop here again!

Comment (0)

Went into Toys R Us store in Whitby, Ontario, and ordered 2 items to be sent to Upper Wentworth store in Hamilton as a baby gift from the registry. After about 7 days still no sign of these items. Called customer service and spent a long time explaining the situation only to have the call dropped by the csr. Called back again and went through the situation again after another long period of time was told to check with Purolater.

So now I have spent time checking with the store in Hamilton, 2 CSR's and now I have to check with purolater. Outcome of this nightmare was that items were in the Hamilton store all the time and through staff incompetence we finally get these items a week later.

This was unacceptable! I called Csr again Saturday 23rd May. Now it's 9 days later only to be told that I can get 15% discount the next time I order something from the Hamilton store. Like I would ever again!! I asked can you please just send this to me. Answer: no thats the way it is.

I am so angry by now and had enough of the lack of concern and knowledge. I am now at at the stage where I will be contacting the office of the president if there is no response or satisfaction from this complaint.

Comment (0)

My Name is Yudith Saavedra I am writing to you because your manager at the location on 3330 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60618 by the name of Diane was very rude to me yesterday on May 7, 2015 I went to try to return a power wheel that was purchase only a month ago It was used just once inside the house because at the time of purchase it was cold outside so it was still in very good condition nothing wrong with it..just that my two-year-old doesn't like it . she had a very bad attitude she kept walking away while I was talking to her and trying to show her my receipts because it shows very clearly on my receipt that all items could be returned within 90 days with the receipts and I have all my paperwork and my receipt for it and she still was very rude and wouldn't help me so I went to a different toys "R" Us in Melrose Park and they help me out so as far as your western location I will never shop there again because if you can't be a peoples person and speak to people with manners and respect then they shouldn't be working there specially with kids having to see that type of behavior from a manager because it is a kids store and as parents were spending lots of money at your store so it's not fair for your employees to have that type of bad attitude very bad look i'm very disappointed.

Comment (7)

I called yesterday to find out what time the next wave of amiibos went on sale for preorder. You employee told me it started at 10am today. I just found out that the preorders started at 2am CDT. When I called toys r us all I got was a rude employee saying "its online only". I explained to him "I know its online only, but why did your employee tell me the preorders started at 10?" "sorry its online only" *hung up* This is the second time toys r us screwed me with these amiibo preorders. I had a big problem last time I tried to preorder the lucario amiino. I will never shop at toys r us again.

Comment (2)

It has come to my attention that you are now selling a Quija Board, the packaging aimed for little girls. Apparently you do not know how dangerous the quija board is. It is NOT A TOY!!! It is EVIL!! By selling this you are putting children & families in danger. There are Many of us who will not shop in your stores or any stores that carry this item, until you take it from your shelves. If you really care about your customers, you would not continue to sell this in your stores. I pray you will make a wise choice & discontinue the quija board from your shelves forever....Ty

Comment (5)

Introduced by my friend it was my very first visit to babies R Us . Excited i was due to the fact im going to be a grandmother for the first time and thought it to be a place of business i would return to for a long time. Its been far from that . I experienced the worst customer service ever. I was in the store for a good two hours and spent over $1,000. When i got home i realized i was missing 5 pairs of baby shoes that were bagged separately. I wasn't notified at all. The store had my information because i ordered a crib and received a rewards card that day. When i called to inform them i wasnt given the items purchased the response from the clerk that waited on me was a chuckle and " oh yea the bag is right here, i must have forgot to give it to you , and do you have your receipt? " I explain to her yes however i would need to send my sister with it due to my injuries from a car accident and not feeling well. She then said , " oh im gonna have to ask my manager if that's OK" . I said , really?

But im sending her with my receipt. " she said yea ill get back to you hold please.I couldn't believe she was going to put me on hold and discuss such a open and close situation when after just leaving the store and purchasing the amount i had with them. When she returned after leaving me on hold for well over five minutes i told her just that and that i would go in myself. As i arrived 30 min after the phone call i stood in line as the same girl that waited on me and confirmed on the phone it was her , walked by twice behind the register ignoring the fact i was there. I then related to someone else i needed to pick up some paid for items. It was only then then she decided to help me and retrieve the bag from an office. I left ,went home and decided id better look over my purchases. I came to the spa bath and noticed the tape on the bottom didn't look completely on the box. I then realized it had been opened and looked used by the water spots and scratched dirty surface.

I immediately called and was left on hold for ten minutes until after being transferred to the manager. She apologized and said to go in and they would have another ready. The next day i went in and the exchange. The following two days i received a call stating the crib I ordered was in. I called back to confirm why it couldn't be delivered and i was told it could but i would have to pay $100 to do that and additional $25 for every step after the first 6. I was almost considering but my brother in law said he would pick it up. The next day my family and i went back to the store and picked it up and i purchased another $260 of items. Oh the day i returned the bath i purchased $180 of baby items too. The following day after picking up the crib my brother in law noticed there was a crack in the wood if the crib and hole in the mattress i bought there too. My hands went up and i began to cry. My sister had to take it from there. We're still jumping through hoops to get my grand daughters space together and hoping it will get done before she arrives. We have one week left. I will never spend another dime at this business again

Comment (0)

For the past two years shopping @toysrus in specifically in New Port Richey Florida, Clearwater Florida, and Wesley Chapel Florida I have had no success when looking for merchandise pertaining to collectors merchandise including the following. From a Collectors stand point this is unacceptable that A Big Company such as Toys r Us cant even keep enough stock in of any of these Items. From a Stand point of going in the store I have also gotten wind of certain stores and the managers in those stores are holding items for themselves or specific customers and it never reaches the store shelves.

Again this is also unacceptable as a customer never even gets the chance to purchase any of the items they are looking for. The toys r us in this area basically does the Collectors NO FAVORS What so Ever. They only restock the baby toys and never COLLECTORS Toys. IT is also pretty sad when the same item is available online but Toys r us Wont ship to PO Box's.

THE FOLLOWING COLLECTORS ITEMS ARE NEVER IN STOCK:

* Star Wars Black Series both 3 3/4 figures and 6 inch figures
*Star Wars Saga Legends 3 3/4 figures both mission series and rebels series & single's
*Marvel Legends 6 inch Figures
*All Neca Products which includes ( Predator, Alien, Terminator and Horror Movie Figures )
* WWE Figures

Comment (0)

i was expecting a delivery on the 19th november 2012 , i cancelled all my plans to wait in for this delivery as i was also waiting for a delivery from argos , i was trackin the order online which told me the items had been out for delivery , 6oclock came and still no order i go online to track it again to find it sayin courier to reattemp , i phone them for them to tell me he has been , obvoisly not wen i had waited in all day nowin i was due an argos delivery , now i have to cancel my plans for tomorrow to wait in again for a delivery which hasnt turned up , and IF the delivery did come and i wasnt in i would of had a card through the letter box which i didnt so i no no1 has knocked my door they have obvously gone to the wrong address and i think this is absoloutly ridiculous !!!!!! i am not satisfied and will not be ordering from here again as i spent nearly £500 in ur store on the 14november .

Comment (0)

I am going to complain about an employee named Sergio who works at the toys r us in Indio, CA. First of all, I don't have his last name,he wouldn't give it to me but he is the only Sergio there. If I remember correctly, according to previous employees, you can not date within the store, he has broken up my daughters marriage by being a stalker and a creeper, that store is always and I mean always having drinking parties, the last arty they had cost an employee her life cause she crashed rift after.

I have complained to everyone but its just a big group of party animals and I can list them all. Sergio is morning supervisor and is having an affair with my daughter to get more hours, my grandbaby is abandoned because of this, she rarely sees her mother. I am going to go complain with the city and business department but decided to write first. I only want safety for my daughter and don't want her driving and drinking. By the way, that store is corrupted. I want to keep my self private but you can email me anytime.

Comment (0)

Just spent over an hour shopping at Toys R Us online on Black Friday and adding things to my cart only to go to checkout and find my cart empty. Tried to add more and it just kept clearing. Couldn't even buy 1 darn thing. Tried to call customer service only to get a recording indicating you are experiencing technical difficulties. I'll say! Very dissapointed with Toys R US Black Friday! They should at least allow you to purchase online rather than stand in line for hours at the store like cattle. In my opinion, Black Friday should be banned because of what it does to people!

Comment (0)

Looked on line for a BARBIE KEN GROOM WITH A BLACK JACKET. Only found one in the UK on toys r us website. Clicked and reserved item and went to their CHESTER store to collect on 5-10-12. On collection the jacket was white. Informed staff straight away and I said this was not the item advertised on line. They looked and YES Ken had a black jacket on line. Long drawn out story involving MANY telephone calls and several members of staff. I have been told at least 6 versions of why they cannot supply what I originally ordered. I was promised that Mattel would post one direct to my home - then it was retracted as an impossibility. I even said to the Manager Kate that she was unhelpful and over defensive even before she knew the full story, ALL I want is Groom Ken with a black jacket. No offer of help or a solution has been given. Just "NO" we have only white jackets now. As of today 30-10-12 - they still have Ken on the web site wearing a black jacket. I feel SO cross and totally let down.

Comment (0)

Is it common practice for your employees to lie through their teeth when it comes to hiring Team Members? I worked for the "R" Us company from early September until Early January. Kathy from HR told us during orientation that we do not have to worry about our positions being seasonal, that only Toys"R"Us does not, when Babies"R"Us hires It's for Part-Time/Full-Time. While working here I provided the best service I could to both the Company, and the customers. I quickly learned of all products in the store, was extremely courteous to everyone, fast and efficient. I tried to prove myself, to earn more hours and to show that I want to continue working here. I would also like it noted that I live in NorthEast Maryland, I drove from my house to Work every day I was scheduled, Or called in to help.

20 Miles There and back in a vehicle that does not get good gas mileage for a mere 4 hours each day, Totaling 12 hours a week at most for the little 8.50/h pay. Other employees were saying this is not worth it at all, but I continued to show up and do my job, going above and beyond, in anticipation of the extra hours, and chance to rise in position, as told to us in Orientation. However, I was let go. Nobody in the store had the audacity to call me and inform me of why I was no longer receiving hours. It was two weeks, of which I was sitting home with nothing to do, waiting til the next week neared so I could check my schedule. Nobody told me I was let go, Nobody told me a thing.

I then called the manager just yesterday (1/10/13) and was informed that I was hired as Seasonal, and terminated as the Season was over. I asked why Kathy had lied to us and told us the position was not Seasonal if it was, to which he responded "I don't know.". I do not appreciate being lied to, and having false promises being dangled in front of me like such. I worked hard for the company, I wanted to continue working there, I enjoyed it. Instead of having yourself a great worker who did more than the current employees there, you now have an angry ex-employee who will never be going to your stores again due to your horrendous business practice.

Comment (0)

I went to the Toy R Us store in Clay, NY on 11/17/12 and spent $644.79 & was expecting 3 free items that were advertised. I received no free items as they were all out, no substitutions and this was only a 2 day sale. They also did not have the Star Wars vehicle that was on special as that was also out of stock. I was overcharged on a Skylander toy which was suppose to be 50% off on the 2nd one purchased . I had to drive back to the store which is about 125 miles one way to get this corrected. I just got back to the store on 12/10/12 and they gave me the $5.99 difference as a credit back on my credit card. You are a TOY STORE with a 2 day sale - I suspect you never had the free items - you definitely did not have an adequate supply. I do not care if I ever got to another Toys R Us. I can always order on line from a different store.

Comment (0)

I called Toys R Us Schaumburg to see if they had in inventory that they website said they had in stock. I spoke with 5 different people over a 25 minute span to find out that the first store did not have it. The second store I called, Vernon Hills, also said it had it in stock. I spent 10 minutes on the phone before being disconnected. I called back and waited another 20 minutes before being disconnected again. That's 35 minutes on hold without ever stating what I was calling about. I don't feel this is an acceptable standard and called another store instead. Within 10 minutes they confirmed they had the product and I went there instead. I am very displeased with this inefficiency.

Comment (0)

On several occasions now I've noticed in the Toys R Us store, located in Waterford Ct, treat ther employees very poorly. Paticularly the manages to the lower level employees. At least 4 times withing the last two weeks, one of their employees, who is one of my best friends has been denied a break while working and 8 to 9 hour shift because the store is in sufficiently employed. A lak of employees is still no excuse to break the law with no remorse. On top of this the managers are constantly in a bad mood everytime I'm there, and when called on for assistance by other employees for help with something, especially register related, they give them and attitude and yell at them for not knowing how to do it. Some instances bein that the employee cannot because he or she is not a manager, and yet they are still scolded and constantly harassed. I for one am completely disgusted by this, and am hoping that by sending this things will change.

Comment (0)

I took my two kids to Toys R Us today at the Bloemfontein branch. My little son was looking at some books and placed his wallet on the shelve. He turned his back and when I asked him where his wallet is we found it on the shelve, but his money was gone - about R370. I went to the counter to ask the staff whether there is cameras in the store as I woould like to see who stole his money but they informed that they dont have any cameras in the store. Is this really the case??

Comment (0)

The R Us company is a heartless company. The employees are paid next to nothing and there is nothing but bias and hypocrisy for the people who work there. I've been in many times and I know an employee at the Ohio location Babies R Us and what I've witnessed and heard is ridiculous. They start their employees out at minimum wage no matter how much experience they have and work them like dogs. They are hired to believe they are in one designated position and have one employee working 3 department's at once. Those who work hard are still never recognized for their efforts. There are managers who verbally insult employees to guests or reprimandthem across the front of the sales floor, and people are chosen for positions based off of popularity. They claim to have a no retaliation policy but it's not followed. Employees walk out or threaten to walk out daily due to poor treatment. I've been personally talked down to by staff members of management and when I state I will file a complaint I am laughed at because there's nothing I could do to make a difference. This company is sick for how it treats its guests but I honestly feel worse for anyone holding a job there. I'll travel for the competition.

Comment (0)

I placed an order on Nov.22 for a Lego Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle.....Order number 8597934258-0. I paid with 2 gift cards that were $20 each and the rest on PayPal. I received a confirmation email stating my order went through. Several hours later I received an email stating my order was cancelled. The email gave a 1-800 number to call. I did call.....3 times with one call being on hold for over 60 minutes were I was then asked to leave a message. I did! It is now 24 hrs later and I hadn't received a phone call back. I also tried calling the Modesto store numerous times and no one ever answers. My gift cards balance is at ZERO!!! All I want is my $40 back. I cant believe the frustration this company has caused me. They have lost me as a customer. Oh and btw... I live an hour from the nearset Toys R Us so just going to the store isn't an option.

Comment (0)

My husband and I are furious with your company. We each pre-ordered Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition and today I get an email stating that due to "technical difficulties" our orders were cancelled. I have spoken to several customer service people to find out how and why this happened. You should have know you were only getting so many and therefore only taken that amount of pre-orders. Instead, you allowed people to continue to pre-order the item knowing you would not be able to fulfill them.

This is completely unacceptable. Due to ypour complete incopentence regarding pre-orders, I now cannot purchase this item anywhere. If I would have known this was going to be the issue, I would have pre-ordered from another store and would have been guaranteed to have it already. This problem with "technical difficulties" seemd to be a Toys R Us issue, no other stores seem to have had this problem with fulfilling customers orders.

And to compensate us with $10 off our next order is a slap in the face. You can be sure ordering from your company will never happen again. We will no longer shop/order anything ever again from Toys R Us. I have also started letting many people know how you operate and what has happened, as well as post online, on facebook and several other online social sites. I promise you I will be getting the word out! And I'm sure you don't really care, but by my order not getting fulfilled and not being able to purchase this game anywhere, my autistic son is going to be completely and uderly crushed. I am the one who has to try and explain to him why he isn't getting this game and then see the look on his face...not you!

Comment (0)

Toysrus in Shirley I walked into shop a female member of staff at the customer service desk said can i take your shopping bags i said why. She said that it is policy that we have your shopping bags. I then said i have bought a ipod from Currys worth £200 so if i hand over my bag are you responsable for my bag she said no. I then said i know and understand why you would like to hold my bags until i finished shopping in your store but due to the value of my ipod i feel worried about me leaving my bag with you knowing that you are not responsable for my bag. the member of staff said well its our policy, and if you take your bag into the shop you will be asked to be search on the spot by a security guard i said fine i have a receipt for my things in my bag.

I felt like i done something wrong because other people were walking in with bags. After our talk i looked back at the desk and seen the member of staff talking and smurking with other staff all of them looking at me i felt really bad and i could not look around the shop properley for xmas presents. I informed the manager but i still feel down when i am thinking back of what happened. This took place at about 11:30 on 26.11.12 toyrus Shirley kind regards jason

Comment (0)

I purchased a Kindle Fire HD from the Greece, NY location on 10/15/2012. I was unsatisfied with the item an I wanted to return it so I went back to the location where I purchased the item and I was told that I was unable to return the item because it was "opened." Who doesn't open an item to see if they like it or not? So I proceeded to see if I could find a sign of some sort stating the return policy on electronics in the electronic area. I was unsuccessful at finding the sign. So I spoke to the store associate and she informed me that the store policy was at every register on a placemat. The return policy was very small and I doubt people look at that so they buy things in good trust that they're able to return them later on. Obviously this is not the case I was told that I would have to call the number for the protection plan that I also purchased which would get me money back but in the form of "Merchandise Credit." That means I have to spend my money at your store again. I would rather not spend my money at your store or any other business in your company again.

Comment (0)

I phoned u today about my pushchair then I pick it up cos I got told they have giVen me a new seat but I have got home to find out that tthere is a botton missing that you use to take the bar out to make it easyer to put ur child in so I want to know what you are going to do about it

Comment (0)

Greetings, My Mother in Law and I (and about 50 others) just waited from 6pm until 8 pm at the Henrico Toys R us and they were not open! I called customer service ahead of time and the told me the store would be open and would have the promotion items! I would not be so upset if when I called they had told me the correct information that this store would not be open. Now we are currently waiting on line at the Short Pump store in Richmond, and have missed the promotional giveaway as well as many deals! I am in the military and also had to take a day of leave to be out here to do this for my children, please make this right! Also, this is my 4th time submitting my complaint and have yet to hear anything!

Comment (0)

I am writing to file a formal complaint against your store. There are three instances where I received poor customer service from Babies R Us. I will start with the most recent which was your cyber Monday sale of this year, 2012.
I placed an order for a car seat from your website on Monday night, November 26th 2012. I received an email that night at 9:39pm EST stating the following:

Please wait until you’ve received your Ready for Pickup email before going to the store. The Ready for Pickup email typically arrives within 2 hours. Orders placed near or outside store hours may require additional processing time.

I did not receive an email 2 hours later. In fact it is now Thursday the 29th at 11am and I have still not received any kind of correspondence from your store stating any kind of delay.

I attempted to call the store yesterday (Lake Grove 6317) and was placed on hold for a half hour until I hung up. I tried to call back at various times through out the day and no one answered the phone. I find it to be unacceptable to call a major store and have no one answer the phone.

I called your main support line at 1-888-222-9787. The wait was 45 minutes. After waiting almost an hour I was able to talk to someone about my order. I was told that they know about the phone issues in the store and they don’t know how long it will take to process my order. And that since this was an in store pickup, I cannot simply go to the store and pick up my order, I have to wait until I receive the ready to pick up email (order #8606985508) This is another unacceptable answer.

I also emailed your customer support on Tuesday and I’m still waiting for a response from that – unacceptable. Problem number two. I bought a Barbie house from your store last month. The next day your store ran a promotion where you would get a free Barbie carrying case with purchase of a Barbie house. I went back to the store with the receipt and asked if they could do a price adjustment. They said that I would have to bring back the Barbie house. That’s ridiculous because the thing is completely assembled and I wasn’t about take it apart it and put it back in the box. I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t give me a price adjustment with the receipt. It’s just another example of the poor customer service provided by your company.

Problem number 3. About a year ago I had a stair gate that I never used new the box. I went to return it because I didn’t need it. It was 91 days since I bought it. They would not even give me so much as a store credit because the policy is 90 days. I had the original box and the receipt. IT WAS 91 DAYS. Another example of how horrible your customer service is. Walmart would never pull something like that.

I would like some kind of resolution to this. If not I will make this letter available on facebook, twitter, instagram, myspace, youtube, etc. and I will never shop at your store again. Your lack of response to issues and poor customer service is unheard of for a company your size. This would never happen at walmart, target, home depot, amazon, etc. I have plenty of other choices as to where I shop and I will no longer spend my money at your store if this is not resolved.

Comment (0)

My daugher was home visiting so we decided to go shopping for Christmas presents for my grandchildren. The shopping experience was ok but checkout was frustrating. We were on linited time. Two registers were open. I am a very patient person but when we got in line the person in front of us had many coupons (which is great) but when she presented them to the cashier (afer she took off a gift card) she realized it couldn't be done. She had to call the manager,who was busy. He cancelled the transaction. She had to start over (she had lots of idems ). I went to the retun cashier and waited (he had to help again with another register) and finally Iwent to yet another register. As I am in line, the register froze up (a manager had to be called) , they r booted the register, reentered the items and finally finished the transaction. Finally it was my turn. Luckily no problems. I was fianally leaving the store afer standing in line atleast 40 minutes. The same time the first lady I was behind was leaving. If my daughter wasn't with me I would have walked out. I will not go in that store for anymore Christmas gifts. I was shopping at the Toysrus in Canton, Ohio. My daugher did say all Toysrus's are like that . What a shame !

Comment (0)

Went to the Harrisburg,pa store on 13 November 2012. The store itself was dirty,goods on shelves was arranged poorly and in some cases the packaging was torn,broken open and /or damaged. At the check out counter ,after waiting 15 minutes to check out a sales clerk rather rudely told us to go from the customer service desk to a check out counter where there was no clerk to check us out. I will not be back to any toys r us store even though that is where we buy grand children christmas gifts. I am sure we can find another company that wants our business and shows it in a professional manner

Browse reviews of other Toy Stores

Have feedback for Toys R Us?