Toys R Us Customer Service

Contact Toys R Us Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1 (800) 869-7787

Welcome to the Toys R Us complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against Toys R Us online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the Toys R Us corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Upset with Toys R Us?

File a complaint here!

Reach Toys R Us Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Toys R Us corporate office

• One Geoffrey Way
    • Wayne
    • NJ 07470

1 (800) 869-7787

Top Toys R Us Complaints

My wife and daughter visited Toy R Us at Bankstown and wanting to by a bicycle. My daughter selected a bicycle and asked the staff. He told me out of stock, and I told him we are happy to get the floor stock on displayed. He told me it will cost us additional $20 stating to recoup the cost to have someone to setup. I asked where does this indicated that it will cost more. the response was that how it is. Throughout the conversation, he keep picking up calls and getting us waiting from one call after another.

We then ask another staff as at that time, didn't realized he is a store Manager. The staff told me there should not be additional cost. So I asked for the Store Manager and the same person turned up. The attitude was poor; picking up calls while dealing with the customers and told us the same thing. I said I am going to complaint. He does not seems to care. The worst experience is I contacted Toys R Us corporate feedback and the operator told me someone will contact me after taking my complaint in 5 days. Today I am yet to receive any call from Toys R Us customer relations. Well, I will now complaint to ASIC about the issue of hidden cost and attempt to charge customers.

Comment (0)

I was shopping at the Toys r Us store in Porter Ranch Ca. The date was September 5, 2016 at 7 pm. I entered the store and was shocked to see the conditions of the entryway. There was an array of debris all over the floor of the entrance. The carts were not stacked up but left all over the area also in disarray. I know customers do not place carts back many times and I am sure the debris was left by the previous Customers but my point is why wasn't the area cleaned up? It looked terrible.

Throughout the store I saw more disarray things not picked up but left in messes all over the many store aisles. There seemed to be an air of disorganization and a lackadaisical attitude from the cashiers. Usually this store is not like this. As I was checking out the clerk didn't even ask if I wanted to purchase a bag for my things and his attitude was lax even as he rang up my purchases. I am surprised at all of this because I've shopped at this store for years and yet I have never seen it looking like this.

I think someone in authority ought to look into this and perhaps re-train the employees. I don't know who the manager is but he or she should be informed.This is disappointing to me and I hope you will look into this. Toys r us has a reputation to uphold and these things should not be allowed to go unreported.

Comment (0)

Disgusting experiences. Have signed up for rewards program on three occasions and I cannot be found in the system. Each time I registered I was assured that the problem was corrected and I would not have a problem in the future. Complained to store manager and he could not pursue my latest issue because computers were down. Asked for Corporate phone number to complain about my ongoing issue only to be told by manager that there was no need to do that because complaint would just go back to him. I left the broken skate board with him and told him to keep it. I had bought a replacement policy on it , but it could not be located because I, again, do not exist in your company.

Comment (0)

I've been a regular customer at the Toys R us in Massapequa for many many years and have never dealt with such a nasty store manager.He never smiles, greets or even tries to help me find what i'm looking for.

I have heard him speak horribly and just degrade his employees while on the sales floor in front of customers. The employees at this store are always very helpful and take the time to speak to my son but recently they all look very stressed and as if they don't even want to be there. Don't get me wrong they are still very nice but you can tell the difference since he got to the store. I didn't even know his name, because he never wears his name tag, until recently because I over heard someone call him on the walkie talkie for help because a customer wanted to speak to him.

He, Maurice, was just standing in an aisle not doing anything and told the employee that he was busy. I mean I thought we the customer deserve a lot more respect than that. I've come into the store with my son 2 Saturdays in a row because my son loves and looks forward to the events Toys R Us has and have had to tell my son that it was canceled. When I ask I'm told it's because the person who does the events is the only person on register and the store manager doesn't think they should hold the event.

When I looked by register I saw that for a Saturday they only had 2 cashiers. I've never seen that or any store with only 2 cashiers on a Saturday. This Store Manager is going to run my child's favorite store to the ground. I honestly didn't want to call customer service to complain because I've never ever complained about any retail.

I worked in retail when I was younger and know how rough it is but felt like I needed to say something. Customers and employees shouldn't be treated the way I've seen this Store Manager treat people on several occasions. I don't even want a call back, I know nothing really gets done when customers complain but maybe a small slap on the wrist.

I just rather not walk into that store until he is gone.Which sadly means I will have to explain to my son why it is that he can't go into his favorite store anymore.

Comment (0)

On June 20th I placed an order online, order number 3635137148. We have received 2 items but not the toddler bed that I had ordered for my granddaughter. After more than 4 calls dealing with this matter, I had called again only to find out that a shipping label had been created for the bed but it had never been shipped. It was originally scheduled to be delivered by July 1st. The customer service rep this time was very helpful and spoke English. She put in a reorder number 443583176, with an express shipping. Once again no email stating that the bed has been shipped.

After too many calls that should of resolved this issue, I am beyond frustrated and would like this matter resolved and if you can fill this order within 48 hours I would my money fully refunded for the price of the bed and the shipped of which you have already received!

Comment (0)

As a woman of color I find this doll and the company extremely racist. I'm requesting this doll be pull from your shelves. I will also appreciate you taking responsibility of this disrespect to people of color, and contact the company and advice them of the gross disrespect that we feel concerning their dolls.

Comment (6)

I ordered a playset off of ToysRUs.com to have shipped to my home. The playset cost $1799.99 plus tax and I also had to pay $299.99 for shipping. I placed the order on 4/23/16. On 4/28/16 it shipped. Since the item was large (approx. 700 lbs) it was to be delivered via a freight company, Estes. The freight company was to contact me to schedule the delivery. On 5/2 I was contacted. I told the freight company that due to the nature of my driveway, I was unable to accommodate a semi-truck and asked if they delivered in a UPS type of truck. They then asked me if I could meet them somewhere to pick up the play set. One, it's 700 lbs and two, I paid 299.99 to have it shipped to MY HOME. Estes said they'd request a smaller truck and scheduled the delivery for 5/4.

On 5/4 they cancelled and re-scheduled the delivery for 5/6. On 5/6 they cancelled and re-scheduled for 5/9. On 5/9 -- guess what??? They cancelled AGAIN and now are unable to deliver my playset as requested. I was told to contact Toys R Us, so I did. Toys R Us called the freight company on 5/9 and told me that delivery would be re-scheduled for this week. I contacted the freight company today, 5/12 and my shipment is still not scheduled, and they could give me no date. I contacted Toys R Us again, and this time I was told that it was out of their hands and that I needed to deal with Estes, the freight company on my own. I said this wasn't acceptable, I paid 299.99 to TOYS R US for freight and I wanted them to do something for me. So they come back with that they'll give me a refund of 150.00 -- doesn't solve my problem, but hey, it's money back, right??? WRONG.

When I made the purchase of the playset, I went out and purchased $1000.00 worth of gift cards(to get Giant Eagle fuel perks) and put the balance of $800+ on my Toys R Us credit card. Toys R Us is only willing to give me MY $150.00 back via giftcard -- they refuse to credit my charge card. I talked and complained to 2 different people stating that I did not agree with their resolution and was told there was nothing else they can do. So not only is my playset being held hostage, but now $150.00 of my money is being held also. Toys R Us screwed me over on an order last year, and I said then I'd never order from them again --- but yet here I am. Screwed again.

Comment (0)

So frustrated right now. I ordered a dresser from a store location and paid for delivery, after I un-boxed it... It's damaged. I called the Toys R Us 1-800 customer service number and was told since it wasn't online I had to deal with the store but the district manager would call me in 24 hrs. (That was Friday... Still no call). I've called the store (Columbia MD) directly 50 times in the last hour and every single time they hang up on me. I'm so upset right now and have a baby dresser that is useless.

Comment (0)

We received a $15.00 Rewards card to be used by 2/26/16 after spending a FORTUNE at Christmas time for our grandkids. I came in the store and bought a Helix Power Spin Play for $16.99. We took it back to the store because my grandson wanted a Lego set. Instead of crediting us with $16.99, I was credited $1.99. Basically I was given a reward (from your rewards club) and then it was taken away from me. It should NOT matter what we used that reward on (I was told you could only use the reward once). Your reward program stinks and I'll take my business elsewhere! And I returned the first item for the second on 2/14 still within the reward cards timeframe to use it.

Comment (0)

I go in to Toys R Us EVERY sat...now for the past Saturdays in your clearance section..you have 31 " tall star wars and the rock figures for $3.90 each. Sweet deal....so I brought these guys on 2 saturdays. Today I go back to your store and those clearance items were raised to $6.90....from $3.90 the next insulting thing was under the $6.90 ticket was a $12.90 ticket...who are you fooling ....shame on you...

When I asked a man cashier do n you usually raise clearance prices and he said YES it depends on the original price. Wow disgusting....no wow I drove 12 miles each way to get more clearance items and the 3rd item I went back for today was also raised....shame on you...it is mutant mania wrestling. I will let my friends no about your phony clearance prices.

Comment (0)

I have my baby registry through your store located in Kanata Ontario, Canada. The process itself is simple, though your kiosks don't print. I've gone on several occasions and it's always out of service, or just not working. This causes concern as my guests who will be attending my shower which is about 30 people will not be able to rely on the items that should be easily accessible. My next area of concern is that at the cash once things are bought some items didn't actually come off the registry even though the registry number was provided which would just results in me having to go back and a trip for nothing. On a regular day this is highly inconvenient and while being pregnant and about to deliver this is highly inappropriate.

I went into the store today, and noticed that the car seats were on sale. I came home to look at my registry to see if the prices were matching and realized that sale items in store do not correspond with your prices listed online.This is a huge downfall in your registry because my guests aren't aware and if they were to buy something online they missed out on a better deal. Why would you want your customers to be ripped off? I certainly do not want my family and close friends to be paying an extra amount when the same item is on sale in your store.

I have many many many people who are looking at this registry and it makes me upset knowing that your company is not dependable, and doesn't follow guidelines which are true to its name. For future purposes I would never recommend any pregnant woman to do her registry with your company. I've had to do everything on my own, and had to inform my guests of ACTUAL sale prices so that they wouldn't be over paying. This is so disappointing and such a waste of my time which is extremely limited. I look forward to hearing from someone who cares and has a proper response to my concerns.

Comment (0)

Called the Johnson City, Tn store looking for an item the employee stated she would put me on hold and go look. 20 minutes later when I walked into store still on hold was told they didn't have item and nobody took my call even though the manager on duty, Nick or Nate seen my phone and took me off hold. This is very poor customer service and and there is no excuse for it. Retraining or new management that was working Jan 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM needs to be considered.

Comment (0)

I deposited money into my account (cash) about 11:45 Sat evening. I then went to work and went online to take advantage of the shipping that they guaranteed by Christmas eve because I had expedited the purchase. Anyway, made the purchase printed the receipt, and received the email. I then got an email on Sunday that the order had been suspended because there were no funds on the card. Incorrect! Please see where I deposited cash. We called the bank and the money was pending (maybe 10 calls). We called toys r us (maybe more than 10 times) where they continued to explain to us that the fault was the bank, because there was a hold. .

We knew there was not a hold because we had spoken to the bank several times and they assured us that the money was pulled from Toys r us. Well then we had to do a conference, the bank and toys r us. The bank explained that they had taken out the money, and that toys r us could take as long as they wanted to retrieve it. Well toys r us still complained that they could not do anything, because of the "hold" that didn't even exist. She spoke about cancelling and reordering, but then because it is now 4 days until Christmas.

Well after speaking with my husband she did cancel but didn't reorder. I think that the way that this was handled really sucked, we spent 400 dollars in Toys r us and we have no merchandise. The first representative stated that she wouldn't even honor 1-2 day shipping. Now my kids have no gifts, we cant get back the money until 3 to 4 business days, and no one was willing to help. I will NEVER order from Toys r us online no matter what. You would think they would do for their customers during this busy time, especially when everything was verified. Thank you toys r us for ruining Christmas!

Comment (0)

I recently visited your Warrington store, I spent quite a bit off money on my children's Xmas present, I had a problem with my first card so had to pay a second time, the women reassured me that the first payment has not gone through but the second payment, so as you can imagine I was rather upset when I when I went to another shop to our purchase something else and there was no money in my account because you had took both payments, Which equals to £679.

Also just before I carry on, the first payment which there was a problem with was for £339.79 and the second payment which went through fine was for £340. I know its only a couple off pence but your staff took it upon there selves to add that extra pence on. Anyway I went into my bank and they sorted it out bearing in mind this all happened within 1hour, anyway my account was back in credit and I thought that was the end off it. Only it's not, yet again the payment has tried to go out and will not expire till 18, so till then I have an overdrawn off over £300 which I cannot clear at the this time off year, and now I also have a bank account I can't use the week before Xmas, which a complete pain.

I also cannot pay my rent till this overdrawn balance is cleared, nor can I purchase anything else for my children till this is sorted out. I am completely devastated at the moment as you can imagine and stressed out without this kind of thing happening at this time of year, and will not be using this store again

Comment (0)

I ordered a lamp (The Peanut Shell Mila Lamp with Shade), it arrived damaged. According to the Packing List, I could return the lamp to any store with no Hassle. I tried returning it to the store #8804 in Montgomery, AL, they would not take. She said that she would charge me if I returned it from the store. I waited on the phone for 45 minutes for a Toys R Us customer service representative. Finally hung up. I would like to replace the lamp . . . . but I don't feel like I should have to pay for the return when it came to me damaged. All I am trying to do is get a replacement lamp. BUT I can tell you, that I won't buy another thing from you. This has been a horrible experience. I would like a FREE Return Label for this lamp.

Comment (0)

We attempted to purchase a few items today and because of lack of training on the manager and cashier path were not able to do so. We had two coupons from toys r us which we wanted to use but they both insisted that they can't take them. The manager (Larry) wasn't professional and made up stuff on the coupon and the cashier (Juanita ) was no help. After leaving we took a closer look and had notice what they were saying was wrong. We went back in and met the store manger who looked over the same coupon and agreed it would work and we were able to make our purchase. Point is if you don't know, don't try to act like you know and make the customer look like they are stupid; just be grown up about it and act professional. I would like to see or hear from someone to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Comment (0)

Extremely rude and ignorant manager at the Toys R Us in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. I'm not even going to get into all the details of the problem, but suffice it to say, the manager was arrogant, and didn't care about my complaint at all. All that was needed was to exchange a Scooby-doo item my wife had purchased that had a broken wheel. All we wanted was the same vehicle-not money returned- and nobody else sold the vehicle as it was a special "Toys R Us exclusive", but because the receipt was misplaced, the manager wouldn't exchange the item. Total ass. With the prices Toys R Us is charging, you would think they would employ someone who can figure out how to make a customer happy without insulting and degrading them. Ridiculous policy on returns. Will be shopping at Walmart from now on.

Comment (0)

On the 20th of November 2015 I noticed a withdraw from our joint account stating Toys R Us £24.99. I rang the bank to report a fraud because I and my partner haven't been to Toys R Us for months, when the women looked into it she said it was from the 11th September 2015, which I did purchase a Lego set the women said what might of happened is that there was something wrong with your system and that's why it took so long. I am very disgusted that is has happened and I wasn't informed about the situation. I no it's hard to no who purchased goods on their cards but you could send a message through facebook informing people you have had a glitch or try and contact the banks so they can inform people. I spent an hour on the phone trying to sort it out. Can you find out what happened that day and inform of what happened.

Comment (0)

My family has had a most disheartening day with ToysRUs. My daughter and I went to your Fort Wayne store on Sunday when it opened looking for the Tonka 12 volt ride in dump truck that was on sale. The store claimed they had none. We were told to call on Thursday to see if any came in. I called this morning (Thursday) at 9:30 and was told there was 1. I explained that I was not able to transport it in my car and would need to pick it up when my daughter got home with her Jeep. I asked if I should come out and pay for it beforehand and was told that was not necessary. It would be held for us until 5:00. I called back after talking to my daughter and told the person on the phone that we could not make it until 6:00. My daughter is a teacher and is planning a party for children with cancer.

The person on the phone was very nice both times and assured me there was no problem. Everything was fine to this point. When my daughter, who is pregnant, got there at 5:50, she was told there were three available somewhere in the store, but they could not find any. The most aggravating part is that not only was there no dump truck on hold.! In other words I was called a LIAR! This is totally unacceptable and is not the way to run a business. My daughter and I have spent thousands of dollars over the years at ToysRUs and BabiesRUs. Something needs to be done to make sure items that you advertise on sale are at least available the first day when the store opens and that when you are told something is in and available for you, it will be there waiting when you get there.

I am a grandmother and retired teacher myself and this is not the way to deal with the public. I am so disappointed with the way we were treated today. I feel we have no choice but to take our business elsewhere! If I could give you 0 stars, I would!

Comment (0)

I was recently shopping at the Toys r us in new port richey, fl. I usually take my son there and don't really mind the prices being higher than walmart, because I liked the environment of being geared completely around children. I have always appreciated the customer service, until today. When they customer service goes, and the prices are still higher, definitely not worth it. My son and I spent alot of time today walking around the store making our christmas lists for himself and everyone else. We planned on purchasing a few small items. One of which was a small lego set, that was fully stocked and labeled on the shelf. The entire time we were there he was talking about it, and looking at the package telling me all about it, super excited to hurry home and build it. When we went to ring up the cashier said this is not available to sell. I said excuse me?

She said I can't sell this to you until tomorrow! I looked at my son with tears in his eyes and asked isn't there anything you can do? She said no. So I asked for a manager. When she came up, she would not look at me or speak to me directly. My son is now crying. She looks at the screen, says "thats not for sale yet" I again asked isn't there anything you can do? She said "no" and started walking away still without even looking at me. I asked why was it stocked and labeled on the shelf? After I was ignored, I asked for the corporate number, she mumbled 800 toysrus and kept walking. I asked the cashier their names, and walked out without purchasing anything. I called the 800 number from the parking lot and live chat with customer service when I returned home. We then went to a birthday party ( geared around lego), so my son was sure to tell everyone about the lego set he almost got today, and why he didn't.

Every parent there told me that I behaved way too calmly and they would have been yelling in the store. I guess I was in aw about the whole ordeal, besides what kind of example would that set. My son was already asking why they were being so mean at the store? It is bad enough to treat an adult poorly, yet to upset my young child like that is completely unacceptable! Everything on our list is available at walmart, target, kmart, amazon. We will not be shopping at that toysrus this christmas or ever again. I will however be sure to tell everyone I know about the horrible experience.

Comment (0)

I ordered two matching toys, one for girl and one for boy. I received a confirmation and several days later a shipping delivery date. Now a week later I received an email stating the girls toy was cancelled boy toy was being shipped. I called the Toys R Us customer service line and their response was it was out of stock and offered no alternative. After vigorously complaining the representative offered to try and locate this item in a store near me. He told me there was one of these items approximately 10 hours driving time away and if I wanted it I could go get it, but they would not ship it to me. Hearing this outrageous statement I demanded to speak with a supervisor and waited 35 minutes. Of course no solution was offered by this person either. This is not the first time something like this has happened. I will never purchase another item from Toys R Us. As a company dealing in toys for children they should be considered despicable. Shame on them.

Comment (3)

I have unsubscribed several times from babies r us and toys r us emails. It has been well passed the 10 days it takes to end the mailings. I keep receiving email from toys r us. Please STOP emailing me! I do not want to hear from this company and it has become quite annoying.

Comment (0)

Your rewards program is a joke! I just canceled mine as I have been buying gifts for my grandkids for years and have never received a single point to use towards any purchases. When I ask at the checkout stand about my rewards, no one seems to know how to determine where to find my points. I give up. Headache over this ---- GONE !!

Comment (0)

Good evening. I forgot to give my Toys R Us sales associate the $10 gift card coupon, so I went over to customer service to receive it. The sales associate told me I had 2 other customers in front of me I stated OK. She was waiting on an customer and it look like she didn't really know what she was doing so sales associate Nick came over to assist. While waiting the employee waited on the other two customers plus more while I was standing there. When Nick finished with the other customer he did help me out. I stated to the employee, did you forget I was standing here she told me no I didn't. That was not good customer service and I was very unhappy with her response. Nick did apologize but overall customer service was bad.

Comment (0)

I returned 2 separate packages in the mail. I rec'd an email confirming receipt of the return on 10/7. The two reference numbers for these credits is 393681757 and 393685517. I never received the refund to my original form of payment. I called Customer service on 10/22 and complained of not receiving funds back to my account. Customer Service filed a case to the Billing Department # 151021-002379. I was advised I would be contacted in 3 business days from Babies R Us Complaint Billing Department. I was never contacted by Billing so I called back Customer Service on 10/28 and provided them with the case number. I was advised that they couldn't process anything further and basically telling me there was nothing that they could. This is literally the worst customer Service I have ever received and not to mention you can barely understand anything of the reps say when you call them with an issue or a complaint. I will never shop here again!

Comment (0)

Went into Toys R Us store in Whitby, Ontario, and ordered 2 items to be sent to Upper Wentworth store in Hamilton as a baby gift from the registry. After about 7 days still no sign of these items. Called customer service and spent a long time explaining the situation only to have the call dropped by the csr. Called back again and went through the situation again after another long period of time was told to check with Purolater.

So now I have spent time checking with the store in Hamilton, 2 CSR's and now I have to check with purolater. Outcome of this nightmare was that items were in the Hamilton store all the time and through staff incompetence we finally get these items a week later.

This was unacceptable! I called Csr again Saturday 23rd May. Now it's 9 days later only to be told that I can get 15% discount the next time I order something from the Hamilton store. Like I would ever again!! I asked can you please just send this to me. Answer: no thats the way it is.

I am so angry by now and had enough of the lack of concern and knowledge. I am now at at the stage where I will be contacting the office of the president if there is no response or satisfaction from this complaint.

Comment (0)

My Name is Yudith Saavedra I am writing to you because your manager at the location on 3330 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60618 by the name of Diane was very rude to me yesterday on May 7, 2015 I went to try to return a power wheel that was purchase only a month ago It was used just once inside the house because at the time of purchase it was cold outside so it was still in very good condition nothing wrong with it..just that my two-year-old doesn't like it . she had a very bad attitude she kept walking away while I was talking to her and trying to show her my receipts because it shows very clearly on my receipt that all items could be returned within 90 days with the receipts and I have all my paperwork and my receipt for it and she still was very rude and wouldn't help me so I went to a different toys "R" Us in Melrose Park and they help me out so as far as your western location I will never shop there again because if you can't be a peoples person and speak to people with manners and respect then they shouldn't be working there specially with kids having to see that type of behavior from a manager because it is a kids store and as parents were spending lots of money at your store so it's not fair for your employees to have that type of bad attitude very bad look i'm very disappointed.

Comment (8)

I called yesterday to find out what time the next wave of amiibos went on sale for preorder. You employee told me it started at 10am today. I just found out that the preorders started at 2am CDT. When I called toys r us all I got was a rude employee saying "its online only". I explained to him "I know its online only, but why did your employee tell me the preorders started at 10?" "sorry its online only" *hung up* This is the second time toys r us screwed me with these amiibo preorders. I had a big problem last time I tried to preorder the lucario amiino. I will never shop at toys r us again.

Comment (2)

It has come to my attention that you are now selling a Quija Board, the packaging aimed for little girls. Apparently you do not know how dangerous the quija board is. It is NOT A TOY!!! It is EVIL!! By selling this you are putting children & families in danger. There are Many of us who will not shop in your stores or any stores that carry this item, until you take it from your shelves. If you really care about your customers, you would not continue to sell this in your stores. I pray you will make a wise choice & discontinue the quija board from your shelves forever....Ty

Comment (6)

Introduced by my friend it was my very first visit to babies R Us . Excited i was due to the fact im going to be a grandmother for the first time and thought it to be a place of business i would return to for a long time. Its been far from that . I experienced the worst customer service ever. I was in the store for a good two hours and spent over $1,000. When i got home i realized i was missing 5 pairs of baby shoes that were bagged separately. I wasn't notified at all. The store had my information because i ordered a crib and received a rewards card that day. When i called to inform them i wasnt given the items purchased the response from the clerk that waited on me was a chuckle and " oh yea the bag is right here, i must have forgot to give it to you , and do you have your receipt? " I explain to her yes however i would need to send my sister with it due to my injuries from a car accident and not feeling well. She then said , " oh im gonna have to ask my manager if that's OK" . I said , really?

But im sending her with my receipt. " she said yea ill get back to you hold please.I couldn't believe she was going to put me on hold and discuss such a open and close situation when after just leaving the store and purchasing the amount i had with them. When she returned after leaving me on hold for well over five minutes i told her just that and that i would go in myself. As i arrived 30 min after the phone call i stood in line as the same girl that waited on me and confirmed on the phone it was her , walked by twice behind the register ignoring the fact i was there. I then related to someone else i needed to pick up some paid for items. It was only then then she decided to help me and retrieve the bag from an office. I left ,went home and decided id better look over my purchases. I came to the spa bath and noticed the tape on the bottom didn't look completely on the box. I then realized it had been opened and looked used by the water spots and scratched dirty surface.

I immediately called and was left on hold for ten minutes until after being transferred to the manager. She apologized and said to go in and they would have another ready. The next day i went in and the exchange. The following two days i received a call stating the crib I ordered was in. I called back to confirm why it couldn't be delivered and i was told it could but i would have to pay $100 to do that and additional $25 for every step after the first 6. I was almost considering but my brother in law said he would pick it up. The next day my family and i went back to the store and picked it up and i purchased another $260 of items. Oh the day i returned the bath i purchased $180 of baby items too. The following day after picking up the crib my brother in law noticed there was a crack in the wood if the crib and hole in the mattress i bought there too. My hands went up and i began to cry. My sister had to take it from there. We're still jumping through hoops to get my grand daughters space together and hoping it will get done before she arrives. We have one week left. I will never spend another dime at this business again

Comment (0)

For the past two years shopping @toysrus in specifically in New Port Richey Florida, Clearwater Florida, and Wesley Chapel Florida I have had no success when looking for merchandise pertaining to collectors merchandise including the following. From a Collectors stand point this is unacceptable that A Big Company such as Toys r Us cant even keep enough stock in of any of these Items. From a Stand point of going in the store I have also gotten wind of certain stores and the managers in those stores are holding items for themselves or specific customers and it never reaches the store shelves.

Again this is also unacceptable as a customer never even gets the chance to purchase any of the items they are looking for. The toys r us in this area basically does the Collectors NO FAVORS What so Ever. They only restock the baby toys and never COLLECTORS Toys. IT is also pretty sad when the same item is available online but Toys r us Wont ship to PO Box's.

THE FOLLOWING COLLECTORS ITEMS ARE NEVER IN STOCK:

* Star Wars Black Series both 3 3/4 figures and 6 inch figures
*Star Wars Saga Legends 3 3/4 figures both mission series and rebels series & single's
*Marvel Legends 6 inch Figures
*All Neca Products which includes ( Predator, Alien, Terminator and Horror Movie Figures )
* WWE Figures

Comment (0)

On the 1/2/2013 I purchased a silver cross micro pushchair from toys r us purley branch. Almost after a few days of using this pushchair I noticed the left hand wheel wasn't touching the floor when pushing my 13 month old daughter, but to be honest this wasn't really a cause for concern.

On the 27/3/2013 my daughter was in her pushchair when I noticed she was rocking it from side to side, now this was a concern so yesterday the 30/3/2013 I returned back to Toys R Us store explaining the situation, a member of the baby department explained she would take it out the back and put some WD40 on the wheel to see if this would make a difference.. when she returned she explained that one of the bars on the side of pushchair was not straight..

I was horrified as my first thoughts was what if it had give way and my daughter was in it?? The Toys R Us advisor explained they would have to send the pushchair off to the silver cross to see if this is a manufacturers fault.. firstly how else would u explain this? Surely a child of 12months would not be able to cause such damage? But I do understand that you have to follow company procedures..

I asked what I would do without a pushchair and the advisor explained they could offer me a loan pushchair, at first I was a little reluctant as the thought of my baby using a pushchair tha t lots of other children as illnesses sprang to mind, so I asked to talk to the manager he assured me all loan pushchairs was cleaned when they returned back to store..

So I agreed that I would take one but when the advisor brought the pushchair out I was outraged at the poor condition of the dirty blue pushchair they had provided for my most precious baby, the dirt was engraved in the pale blue material.. It became very clear to me that this pushchair had been neglected and I would be very surprised if it had been cleaned ever..

The advisor first told me this was the only one available but when I asked to talk to a Toys R Us manager again she came back with a pale pink one that admittedly was better than blue pushchair but by know means suitable for a baby it still had dirt around edges of interior.. when I requested the manager again he told me there is nothing he can do as these are sent in by manufacture, why was I being handed a babies r us pram then?

When my pushchair was made by silver cross.. Im have been a loyal customer to toys r us for over 7 years, birthdays, Christmas, prams, pushchair.. I am disgusted at the poor quality of customer satisfaction and the standards of your customer care.

I had no choice to but to except the pink pushchair as Toys R Us said it would take up to 4-6 weeks. It has totally ruined my easter break as I was meant to be taking my family to Lego land but the dirty pushchair you have provided is now wet as I have had to clean it and my daughter needs a pushchair. I would appreciate to hear back from you..

Miss Natalie Kerry Watts

Comment (0)

lI purchased merchandise that isn't even 4 months old and it will not power on. It's obvious that the merchandise is defective. I am very disturbed that this is how Toys R Us conducts business. Store management and customer service insists that nothing can be done. I want to speak with the head person in charge ie: president of the company. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and will never shop at Toys R Us again. Any company that does not back the merchandise that they sell should not be in business and definitely will not receive my business!

Comment (0)

I called Toys R'Us to see if they had a card game named Tripoley. I did call on Christmas Eve and knew the store might be busy. I didn't want to drive from my home all the way to the store for nothing so again I called to see if they had the game. The first time a woman answered, I asked if they have the game Tripoley, she asked what kind of game was that, I said it was a card game. She asked if I could hold and I said yes, I was place on hold for 12 minutes and 13 seconds before someone hung up on me. I called back an another woman answered the phone, I explained how I was on hold already, and also said I see the have the game on the website but wanted to make sure they have it in store. She asked me for the product number.

I told her I didn't have it because I wasn't on the site but will check, she told me to scroll down and see more information, I could not fin that then she told me never mind I found it, could you hold on. I said yes and this time was placed on hold for 17 minutes and 43 seconds. Now I was quite agitated and hung up to call back, and I believe Brian from the Baby section answered and apologized and transferred me to toys, I was now on hold for 14 minutes, hung up and called back to ask for the manager. Richard answered I started to explain how I called three times, the first time I was on hold for 12 minutes and then was hung up on and he cut me off and asked what was I looking for.

I told him Tripoley he said could you please hold while I look on the shelf. I said yes, he was not long before he came back to tell me they have the game he will put it at customer service who to expect to pick it up and when. I was quite upset that he didn't care to listen to my complaint. So when I told him; you don't care about what I have to say/ my complaint, he says oh it's been really busy in here, so I told him I was on hold in total for more than 43 minutes he says well I'm sorry we are having phone issues. I then replied that's fine you don't care about my complaint I will file it else where. I would have been happy had he listened to what I had to say and said sorry, but he didn't. What if one of his employees said something really horrible again he wouldn't know because he didn't take the time to listen.

This was extremely poor service, the worse part is I spent a lot of money there throughout the years and for people to be so rude on Christmas Eve. If you can't handle how busy your store is through the holidays then maybe you shouldn't manage it.

Comment (0)

I waited the 3-5 business days I was told it would take. I then called Customer Service and I was told that he seen no reason for it NOT to be back on card already. He then said he was going to email another dept that handled this and I should hear from them in about 2 hours.

I then called back and was on phone for 40 minutes and when I was transferred to refund dept and held on more time, well then a recording came on and said there were no agents available and hung up. At this point im beyond pissed.Still do not have matter resolved. I then called back and wait time was about 40 minutes. Im very upset over this, I don't understand what the problem is .

I stopt by and bought a Elmo potty chair for my 2 year old but I deceived to return it cause he was scare of the potty he never used it . So they told me they couldn't take it back cause the box was open but when I pick it at the store it was open to start . My point I's that in the receive nowhere in it it say potties are not returnable would never buy nothing from them ever again

Comment (0)

I made a online purchase On 12/6/12. For a total of $172.18... Over the course of 4 hours I received 4 order conformations, 4 different order numbers. So I call your 800 number. I have NEVER had such horrible customer service. Not only were they rude, they made it out like the multiple charges were my fault. Simply stating "we'll you Will just have to wait until they are all shipped" I am a single mom of two kids.. My husband was killed in Iraq last year. I don't have the money to be charged $172.18 FOUR times. My checking account went into overdraft, the overdraft charges were outrageous!! I got in touch with my bank and they disputed 2 of the 4 charges. I called your 800 number 20 times in a 4 day period trying to get answers or reassurance that they were working on the order problems. On Sunday, I get 2 shipping conformations, they are sending me 2 of everything. And yet another person shrugged me off basically saying "oh well" I never got an apology, or any kind of help whatsoever. I'm trying my hardest to make my children's first christmas without their father a good one, but yet it is horrible!! I can't even buy my kids food because of what y'all did. So now i have to wait for all my stuff (plus the duplictes) and either take time off work to return them to the store, or ship them back and wait 4-5 days for my money to be put back on my card.. its a lose-lose situation for me. i have always shopped your stores, but after this Experience, I'm afraid I will not shop there again.

Comment (0)

I am writing this letter to vent on the anger I am feeling with your Toy R Us store located at 10780 N. Mall Dr in Baton Rouge, LA. I have been a Toys R Us customer for years, but I will never again step foot in another Toys R Us or Babies R Us store. On Saturday 12/8/12, I went to the aforementioned Toys R Us location to pick up my Christmas layaway. I arrived at the store at 4:45pm and did not leave the store until 8:00pm. I stood in the payment line for 10 minutes, which was not a problem. The problem arose when I went to the back to pick up my merchandise.

I stood in line for about an hour before I made it to the front. Everyone in front of me was complaining but I didn't pay them too much attention. I gave the young man my receipt to pick up my items and he was gone for at least 30 minutes. When he returned he had 1 item out of 12. I asked him if he was going to get the rest of my things and he stated that he had to "find them." I said what do you mean, you have been gone for over 30 minutes. He stated that he didn't know where my things were. I said ok well can you please hurry. A few minutes later I asked another associate for a manager (might I add the manager never came to see what I wanted).

Finally, when the manager did come and ask for me he directed me to another door and told me my things were on the way out. I reported to the door where I was told to go and he took another 30 minutes to show up. When the manager proceeded to bring me my items, he had only the 1 exact same item that the associate had brought me earlier. I said I already have that item sir. He said "O I'm sorry" I explained that I had been here for over 2 hours and that I did not understand why I was still waiting on something that should have been labeled and stored waiting on my arrival. Not to mention that I was over an hour late for my office Christmas party. What is the problem? I asked him.

Oh no problem he stated and said I will be right back. When he returned he still had only a few of my items. Needless to say, I had to reshop the shelves for the items that I had "put on layaway". I have never been so upset in my life. Nobody thought that they should apologize to me, offer me a drink (since by now I was suffering a migraine headache) or even say ma'am let me offer you something for your time. They actually just smirked and placed the blame on each other and the holidays. That is no excuse for spending over 3 hours in a store! If I am giving my money to secure something, I expect it to be there. It was a signed contract, with money down, that I did not default on. Rather Toys R Us did and with no consequences. I can't believe that this was ok and management was part of it.

Customer after customer was upset due to lost items or waiting in line to get NOTHING! Toys R US has really done me and many other customers (former) wrong. I really started not to worry about sending this letter, but the more I think about it the angrier I get. I know my little money does not matter to you one way or the other but i was extremely hurt and disappointed by the actions of your store and employees. As a hard working citizen I try to provide my three young children with the things that they want. With my bills stacking at Christmas time, I took my last to get my children's layaway items. Giving to your store when the roof over my head had not been paid for. I am sure this letter doesn't matter but I wanted to be a voice and let you know how your store is operating.

Ref #121214-004326
I have tried 2 place an order twice with this company. Once on line and the other over the phone and both times the money was taken out from my chase account but toyrus had no record that that my order was placed. I called up this location TOYS R US/BABIES R US - REGO PARK [6753]
REGO PARK[6753]
61-35 JUNCTION BOULEVARD,NY 11374
and after waiting 44 minutes the manager did not make an effort to help me. I even call the location that is close to me and no one is answering. I do understand that this is the holiday Seson and its busy but the lack of help is just crazy, makes me not even want to shop with this company anymore!

Comment (0)

Went to take back a pushchair purchased as a spare one that was not cheap, £120 one. It went off to the right and brake would slightly come down when pushing my daughter along, didn't notice for a while as it was only used as spare didn't use it straight away as have a quinny buzz. The woman who greeted us at counter said she noticed it went off to the right and went to get someone from the baby department. Who was rude right away and when mentioned this to other lady she said sorry she has been fitting car seats all day, that's her job. They could not see a fault with it even tho the first lady said she felt it when asked for manager she denied even saying this, which was very frustrating. We pushed the pushchair in front of us and yes could clearly see it went straight off right, just to prove 3 wheeler pushchairs do not do this I done the same thing with my quinny that went straight. When doing the school run and having a push chair that goes off towards the road when pushed one handed as holding the hand of my other child is dangerous. Now the pushchair needs to be sent away for up to 3 weeks lucky we do have another, but when I asked the manager what will happen if the fault is not fixed he could not answer me. My partner and myself found the customer satisfaction disgusting and there attitudes as we could be left with a pushchair that's not useable. After splendid nearly a thousand pound in this store in the last 8 months will never return and take our business to mothercare or mamas and papas know what customer satisfaction is. When proved the pushchair was not right still being told they couldn't find a fault is disgusting, and manners and attitude well there wasn't any with two members of staff and a manager.

Comment (0)

I went to purchase a Thomas the train table at the Niles oh store. They didnot have it in stock. This was first day of ad. They offered to order it
Online saying we'll wave the shipping & ship to your home. Ok fine. But was not able to use my coupon because now it's an online purchase.
So because the stores don't have things in stock I cant use a coupon. If you had it there I could of used it. And as for the free shipping I come home go on line & well everyone can get free shipping. I dropped $300 in that store that day & couldn't use my coupon. Thinking I'll shop elsewhere next time. Oh ya couldn't use coupon on the other stuff I bought because they were learning toys ! Why give coupons if you can't use them.

Comment (0)

Your employee canceled my online order and placed another order. When I checked my bank account you charged me several times for one order. The notes page attached to my refrence number has taken mostly all of the employees that I have spoken to (28) at least 15-18 minutes to read. THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT FIXED!!! This has been going on for a month and I am still waiting for my $45.00 to be credited back to my account! Every time I call back the new supervisor that I talk to ( I have all their names and emplyee numbers) tells me something new on why it has not processed and that they are personally going to handle it. YEAH RIGHT!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM TOYS R US!!! GO to WALMART they will price match everything!!!!

Comment (0)

i was expecting a delivery on the 19th november 2012 , i cancelled all my plans to wait in for this delivery as i was also waiting for a delivery from argos , i was trackin the order online which told me the items had been out for delivery , 6oclock came and still no order i go online to track it again to find it sayin courier to reattemp , i phone them for them to tell me he has been , obvoisly not wen i had waited in all day nowin i was due an argos delivery , now i have to cancel my plans for tomorrow to wait in again for a delivery which hasnt turned up , and IF the delivery did come and i wasnt in i would of had a card through the letter box which i didnt so i no no1 has knocked my door they have obvously gone to the wrong address and i think this is absoloutly ridiculous !!!!!! i am not satisfied and will not be ordering from here again as i spent nearly £500 in ur store on the 14november .

Comment (0)

I am going to complain about an employee named Sergio who works at the toys r us in Indio, CA. First of all, I don't have his last name,he wouldn't give it to me but he is the only Sergio there. If I remember correctly, according to previous employees, you can not date within the store, he has broken up my daughters marriage by being a stalker and a creeper, that store is always and I mean always having drinking parties, the last arty they had cost an employee her life cause she crashed rift after.

I have complained to everyone but its just a big group of party animals and I can list them all. Sergio is morning supervisor and is having an affair with my daughter to get more hours, my grandbaby is abandoned because of this, she rarely sees her mother. I am going to go complain with the city and business department but decided to write first. I only want safety for my daughter and don't want her driving and drinking. By the way, that store is corrupted. I want to keep my self private but you can email me anytime.

Comment (0)

Just spent over an hour shopping at Toys R Us online on Black Friday and adding things to my cart only to go to checkout and find my cart empty. Tried to add more and it just kept clearing. Couldn't even buy 1 darn thing. Tried to call customer service only to get a recording indicating you are experiencing technical difficulties. I'll say! Very dissapointed with Toys R US Black Friday! They should at least allow you to purchase online rather than stand in line for hours at the store like cattle. In my opinion, Black Friday should be banned because of what it does to people!

Comment (0)

Looked on line for a BARBIE KEN GROOM WITH A BLACK JACKET. Only found one in the UK on toys r us website. Clicked and reserved item and went to their CHESTER store to collect on 5-10-12. On collection the jacket was white. Informed staff straight away and I said this was not the item advertised on line. They looked and YES Ken had a black jacket on line. Long drawn out story involving MANY telephone calls and several members of staff. I have been told at least 6 versions of why they cannot supply what I originally ordered. I was promised that Mattel would post one direct to my home - then it was retracted as an impossibility. I even said to the Manager Kate that she was unhelpful and over defensive even before she knew the full story, ALL I want is Groom Ken with a black jacket. No offer of help or a solution has been given. Just "NO" we have only white jackets now. As of today 30-10-12 - they still have Ken on the web site wearing a black jacket. I feel SO cross and totally let down.

Comment (0)

Is it common practice for your employees to lie through their teeth when it comes to hiring Team Members? I worked for the "R" Us company from early September until Early January. Kathy from HR told us during orientation that we do not have to worry about our positions being seasonal, that only Toys"R"Us does not, when Babies"R"Us hires It's for Part-Time/Full-Time. While working here I provided the best service I could to both the Company, and the customers. I quickly learned of all products in the store, was extremely courteous to everyone, fast and efficient. I tried to prove myself, to earn more hours and to show that I want to continue working here. I would also like it noted that I live in NorthEast Maryland, I drove from my house to Work every day I was scheduled, Or called in to help.

20 Miles There and back in a vehicle that does not get good gas mileage for a mere 4 hours each day, Totaling 12 hours a week at most for the little 8.50/h pay. Other employees were saying this is not worth it at all, but I continued to show up and do my job, going above and beyond, in anticipation of the extra hours, and chance to rise in position, as told to us in Orientation. However, I was let go. Nobody in the store had the audacity to call me and inform me of why I was no longer receiving hours. It was two weeks, of which I was sitting home with nothing to do, waiting til the next week neared so I could check my schedule. Nobody told me I was let go, Nobody told me a thing.

I then called the manager just yesterday (1/10/13) and was informed that I was hired as Seasonal, and terminated as the Season was over. I asked why Kathy had lied to us and told us the position was not Seasonal if it was, to which he responded "I don't know.". I do not appreciate being lied to, and having false promises being dangled in front of me like such. I worked hard for the company, I wanted to continue working there, I enjoyed it. Instead of having yourself a great worker who did more than the current employees there, you now have an angry ex-employee who will never be going to your stores again due to your horrendous business practice.

Comment (0)

I went to the Toy R Us store in Clay, NY on 11/17/12 and spent $644.79 & was expecting 3 free items that were advertised. I received no free items as they were all out, no substitutions and this was only a 2 day sale. They also did not have the Star Wars vehicle that was on special as that was also out of stock. I was overcharged on a Skylander toy which was suppose to be 50% off on the 2nd one purchased . I had to drive back to the store which is about 125 miles one way to get this corrected. I just got back to the store on 12/10/12 and they gave me the $5.99 difference as a credit back on my credit card. You are a TOY STORE with a 2 day sale - I suspect you never had the free items - you definitely did not have an adequate supply. I do not care if I ever got to another Toys R Us. I can always order on line from a different store.

Comment (0)

I called Toys R Us Schaumburg to see if they had in inventory that they website said they had in stock. I spoke with 5 different people over a 25 minute span to find out that the first store did not have it. The second store I called, Vernon Hills, also said it had it in stock. I spent 10 minutes on the phone before being disconnected. I called back and waited another 20 minutes before being disconnected again. That's 35 minutes on hold without ever stating what I was calling about. I don't feel this is an acceptable standard and called another store instead. Within 10 minutes they confirmed they had the product and I went there instead. I am very displeased with this inefficiency.

Comment (0)

On several occasions now I've noticed in the Toys R Us store, located in Waterford Ct, treat ther employees very poorly. Paticularly the manages to the lower level employees. At least 4 times withing the last two weeks, one of their employees, who is one of my best friends has been denied a break while working and 8 to 9 hour shift because the store is in sufficiently employed. A lak of employees is still no excuse to break the law with no remorse. On top of this the managers are constantly in a bad mood everytime I'm there, and when called on for assistance by other employees for help with something, especially register related, they give them and attitude and yell at them for not knowing how to do it. Some instances bein that the employee cannot because he or she is not a manager, and yet they are still scolded and constantly harassed. I for one am completely disgusted by this, and am hoping that by sending this things will change.

Comment (0)

I took my two kids to Toys R Us today at the Bloemfontein branch. My little son was looking at some books and placed his wallet on the shelve. He turned his back and when I asked him where his wallet is we found it on the shelve, but his money was gone - about R370. I went to the counter to ask the staff whether there is cameras in the store as I woould like to see who stole his money but they informed that they dont have any cameras in the store. Is this really the case??

Browse reviews of other Toy Stores

Have feedback for Toys R Us?