Customer Satisfaction Results
1.94 out of 5 Stars
141 Consumer Reviews

Toys R Us
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Toys R Us company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Toys R Us online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Toys R Us corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Toys R Us?

Compare Toys R Us to Similar Toy Stores more...

Top 141 Reviews about Toys R Us

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Toys R Us customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Called the Johnson City, Tn store looking for an item the employee stated she would put me on hold and go look. 20 minutes later when I walked into store still on hold was told they didn't have item and nobody took my call even though the manager on duty, Nick or Nate seen my phone and took me off hold. This is very poor customer service and and there is no excuse for it. Retraining or new management that was working Jan 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM needs to be considered.

Upvote (0)

I deposited money into my account (cash) about 11:45 Sat evening. I then went to work and went online to take advantage of the shipping that they guaranteed by Christmas eve because I had expedited the purchase. Anyway, made the purchase printed the receipt, and received the email. I then got an email on Sunday that the order had been suspended because there were no funds on the card. Incorrect! Please see where I deposited cash. We called the bank and the money was pending (maybe 10 calls). We called toys r us (maybe more than 10 times) where they continued to explain to us that the fault was the bank, because there was a hold. .

We knew there was not a hold because we had spoken to the bank several times and they assured us that the money was pulled from Toys r us. Well then we had to do a conference, the bank and toys r us. The bank explained that they had taken out the money, and that toys r us could take as long as they wanted to retrieve it. Well toys r us still complained that they could not do anything, because of the "hold" that didn't even exist. She spoke about cancelling and reordering, but then because it is now 4 days until Christmas.

Well after speaking with my husband she did cancel but didn't reorder. I think that the way that this was handled really sucked, we spent 400 dollars in Toys r us and we have no merchandise. The first representative stated that she wouldn't even honor 1-2 day shipping. Now my kids have no gifts, we cant get back the money until 3 to 4 business days, and no one was willing to help. I will NEVER order from Toys r us online no matter what. You would think they would do for their customers during this busy time, especially when everything was verified. Thank you toys r us for ruining Christmas!

Upvote (0)

I recently visited your Warrington store, I spent quite a bit off money on my children's Xmas present, I had a problem with my first card so had to pay a second time, the women reassured me that the first payment has not gone through but the second payment, so as you can imagine I was rather upset when I when I went to another shop to our purchase something else and there was no money in my account because you had took both payments, Which equals to £679.

Also just before I carry on, the first payment which there was a problem with was for £339.79 and the second payment which went through fine was for £340. I know its only a couple off pence but your staff took it upon there selves to add that extra pence on. Anyway I went into my bank and they sorted it out bearing in mind this all happened within 1hour, anyway my account was back in credit and I thought that was the end off it. Only it's not, yet again the payment has tried to go out and will not expire till 18, so till then I have an overdrawn off over £300 which I cannot clear at the this time off year, and now I also have a bank account I can't use the week before Xmas, which a complete pain.

I also cannot pay my rent till this overdrawn balance is cleared, nor can I purchase anything else for my children till this is sorted out. I am completely devastated at the moment as you can imagine and stressed out without this kind of thing happening at this time of year, and will not be using this store again

Upvote (0)

I ordered a lamp (The Peanut Shell Mila Lamp with Shade), it arrived damaged. According to the Packing List, I could return the lamp to any store with no Hassle. I tried returning it to the store #8804 in Montgomery, AL, they would not take. She said that she would charge me if I returned it from the store. I waited on the phone for 45 minutes for a Toys R Us customer service representative. Finally hung up. I would like to replace the lamp . . . . but I don't feel like I should have to pay for the return when it came to me damaged. All I am trying to do is get a replacement lamp. BUT I can tell you, that I won't buy another thing from you. This has been a horrible experience. I would like a FREE Return Label for this lamp.

Upvote (0)

We attempted to purchase a few items today and because of lack of training on the manager and cashier path were not able to do so. We had two coupons from toys r us which we wanted to use but they both insisted that they can't take them. The manager (Larry) wasn't professional and made up stuff on the coupon and the cashier (Juanita ) was no help. After leaving we took a closer look and had notice what they were saying was wrong. We went back in and met the store manger who looked over the same coupon and agreed it would work and we were able to make our purchase. Point is if you don't know, don't try to act like you know and make the customer look like they are stupid; just be grown up about it and act professional. I would like to see or hear from someone to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Upvote (0)

Extremely rude and ignorant manager at the Toys R Us in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. I'm not even going to get into all the details of the problem, but suffice it to say, the manager was arrogant, and didn't care about my complaint at all. All that was needed was to exchange a Scooby-doo item my wife had purchased that had a broken wheel. All we wanted was the same vehicle-not money returned- and nobody else sold the vehicle as it was a special "Toys R Us exclusive", but because the receipt was misplaced, the manager wouldn't exchange the item. Total ass. With the prices Toys R Us is charging, you would think they would employ someone who can figure out how to make a customer happy without insulting and degrading them. Ridiculous policy on returns. Will be shopping at Walmart from now on.

Upvote (0)

On the 20th of November 2015 I noticed a withdraw from our joint account stating Toys R Us £24.99. I rang the bank to report a fraud because I and my partner haven't been to Toys R Us for months, when the women looked into it she said it was from the 11th September 2015, which I did purchase a Lego set the women said what might of happened is that there was something wrong with your system and that's why it took so long. I am very disgusted that is has happened and I wasn't informed about the situation. I no it's hard to no who purchased goods on their cards but you could send a message through facebook informing people you have had a glitch or try and contact the banks so they can inform people. I spent an hour on the phone trying to sort it out. Can you find out what happened that day and inform of what happened.

Upvote (0)

My family has had a most disheartening day with ToysRUs. My daughter and I went to your Fort Wayne store on Sunday when it opened looking for the Tonka 12 volt ride in dump truck that was on sale. The store claimed they had none. We were told to call on Thursday to see if any came in. I called this morning (Thursday) at 9:30 and was told there was 1. I explained that I was not able to transport it in my car and would need to pick it up when my daughter got home with her Jeep. I asked if I should come out and pay for it beforehand and was told that was not necessary. It would be held for us until 5:00. I called back after talking to my daughter and told the person on the phone that we could not make it until 6:00. My daughter is a teacher and is planning a party for children with cancer.

The person on the phone was very nice both times and assured me there was no problem. Everything was fine to this point. When my daughter, who is pregnant, got there at 5:50, she was told there were three available somewhere in the store, but they could not find any. The most aggravating part is that not only was there no dump truck on hold.! In other words I was called a LIAR! This is totally unacceptable and is not the way to run a business. My daughter and I have spent thousands of dollars over the years at ToysRUs and BabiesRUs. Something needs to be done to make sure items that you advertise on sale are at least available the first day when the store opens and that when you are told something is in and available for you, it will be there waiting when you get there.

I am a grandmother and retired teacher myself and this is not the way to deal with the public. I am so disappointed with the way we were treated today. I feel we have no choice but to take our business elsewhere! If I could give you 0 stars, I would!

Upvote (0)

I was recently shopping at the Toys r us in new port richey, fl. I usually take my son there and don't really mind the prices being higher than walmart, because I liked the environment of being geared completely around children. I have always appreciated the customer service, until today. When they customer service goes, and the prices are still higher, definitely not worth it. My son and I spent alot of time today walking around the store making our christmas lists for himself and everyone else. We planned on purchasing a few small items. One of which was a small lego set, that was fully stocked and labeled on the shelf. The entire time we were there he was talking about it, and looking at the package telling me all about it, super excited to hurry home and build it. When we went to ring up the cashier said this is not available to sell. I said excuse me?

She said I can't sell this to you until tomorrow! I looked at my son with tears in his eyes and asked isn't there anything you can do? She said no. So I asked for a manager. When she came up, she would not look at me or speak to me directly. My son is now crying. She looks at the screen, says "thats not for sale yet" I again asked isn't there anything you can do? She said "no" and started walking away still without even looking at me. I asked why was it stocked and labeled on the shelf? After I was ignored, I asked for the corporate number, she mumbled 800 toysrus and kept walking. I asked the cashier their names, and walked out without purchasing anything. I called the 800 number from the parking lot and live chat with customer service when I returned home. We then went to a birthday party ( geared around lego), so my son was sure to tell everyone about the lego set he almost got today, and why he didn't.

Every parent there told me that I behaved way too calmly and they would have been yelling in the store. I guess I was in aw about the whole ordeal, besides what kind of example would that set. My son was already asking why they were being so mean at the store? It is bad enough to treat an adult poorly, yet to upset my young child like that is completely unacceptable! Everything on our list is available at walmart, target, kmart, amazon. We will not be shopping at that toysrus this christmas or ever again. I will however be sure to tell everyone I know about the horrible experience.

Upvote (0)

I ordered two matching toys, one for girl and one for boy. I received a confirmation and several days later a shipping delivery date. Now a week later I received an email stating the girls toy was cancelled boy toy was being shipped. I called the Toys R Us customer service line and their response was it was out of stock and offered no alternative. After vigorously complaining the representative offered to try and locate this item in a store near me. He told me there was one of these items approximately 10 hours driving time away and if I wanted it I could go get it, but they would not ship it to me. Hearing this outrageous statement I demanded to speak with a supervisor and waited 35 minutes. Of course no solution was offered by this person either. This is not the first time something like this has happened. I will never purchase another item from Toys R Us. As a company dealing in toys for children they should be considered despicable. Shame on them.

Upvote (0)

I have unsubscribed several times from babies r us and toys r us emails. It has been well passed the 10 days it takes to end the mailings. I keep receiving email from toys r us. Please STOP emailing me! I do not want to hear from this company and it has become quite annoying.

Upvote (0)

Your rewards program is a joke! I just canceled mine as I have been buying gifts for my grandkids for years and have never received a single point to use towards any purchases. When I ask at the checkout stand about my rewards, no one seems to know how to determine where to find my points. I give up. Headache over this ---- GONE !!

Upvote (0)

Good evening. I forgot to give my Toys R Us sales associate the $10 gift card coupon, so I went over to customer service to receive it. The sales associate told me I had 2 other customers in front of me I stated OK. She was waiting on an customer and it look like she didn't really know what she was doing so sales associate Nick came over to assist. While waiting the employee waited on the other two customers plus more while I was standing there. When Nick finished with the other customer he did help me out. I stated to the employee, did you forget I was standing here she told me no I didn't. That was not good customer service and I was very unhappy with her response. Nick did apologize but overall customer service was bad.

Upvote (0)

I returned 2 separate packages in the mail. I rec'd an email confirming receipt of the return on 10/7. The two reference numbers for these credits is 393681757 and 393685517. I never received the refund to my original form of payment. I called Customer service on 10/22 and complained of not receiving funds back to my account. Customer Service filed a case to the Billing Department # 151021-002379. I was advised I would be contacted in 3 business days from Babies R Us Complaint Billing Department. I was never contacted by Billing so I called back Customer Service on 10/28 and provided them with the case number. I was advised that they couldn't process anything further and basically telling me there was nothing that they could. This is literally the worst customer Service I have ever received and not to mention you can barely understand anything of the reps say when you call them with an issue or a complaint. I will never shop here again!

Upvote (0)

Went into Toys R Us store in Whitby, Ontario, and ordered 2 items to be sent to Upper Wentworth store in Hamilton as a baby gift from the registry. After about 7 days still no sign of these items. Called customer service and spent a long time explaining the situation only to have the call dropped by the csr. Called back again and went through the situation again after another long period of time was told to check with Purolater.

So now I have spent time checking with the store in Hamilton, 2 CSR's and now I have to check with purolater. Outcome of this nightmare was that items were in the Hamilton store all the time and through staff incompetence we finally get these items a week later.

This was unacceptable! I called Csr again Saturday 23rd May. Now it's 9 days later only to be told that I can get 15% discount the next time I order something from the Hamilton store. Like I would ever again!! I asked can you please just send this to me. Answer: no thats the way it is.

I am so angry by now and had enough of the lack of concern and knowledge. I am now at at the stage where I will be contacting the office of the president if there is no response or satisfaction from this complaint.

Upvote (0)

My Name is Yudith Saavedra I am writing to you because your manager at the location on 3330 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60618 by the name of Diane was very rude to me yesterday on May 7, 2015 I went to try to return a power wheel that was purchase only a month ago It was used just once inside the house because at the time of purchase it was cold outside so it was still in very good condition nothing wrong with it..just that my two-year-old doesn't like it . she had a very bad attitude she kept walking away while I was talking to her and trying to show her my receipts because it shows very clearly on my receipt that all items could be returned within 90 days with the receipts and I have all my paperwork and my receipt for it and she still was very rude and wouldn't help me so I went to a different toys "R" Us in Melrose Park and they help me out so as far as your western location I will never shop there again because if you can't be a peoples person and speak to people with manners and respect then they shouldn't be working there specially with kids having to see that type of behavior from a manager because it is a kids store and as parents were spending lots of money at your store so it's not fair for your employees to have that type of bad attitude very bad look i'm very disappointed.

Upvote (3)

I stopped in your Salisbury Maryland store location on 03/26/2015 to shop for our grandson, I walked that store 3 times in search of a employee to assist me. No body around, so I went to the customer service desk to inquire about a ninja turtle playset. The female at the desk was too BUSY TALKING WITH A MAN about what's been going on and totally ignored me so I finally said excuse me could you check and see if you have a product, she said no too quick and I knew I was interrupting her personal conversation. So I asked if she would please check the computer to see if any of the other toys r us might have it in stock and without hesitation she told me my best bet would be target and continued to ignore me !! So left your store, came home and called the store to get the District managers phone number and they wouldn't even give me the dm's name. (store manager was of no help when I called either) So I called and talked to somebody at I guess your cooperate office and a man named Red took my complaint and said the DM would be calling me I got a reference number of 150336-003211. And not surprised I've not heard from anybody from toys r us . We now have 4 grandchildren, I'm done with toysrus ! I work too hard for my money to spend at a business that can't return a call .

Upvote (2)

I called yesterday to find out what time the next wave of amiibos went on sale for preorder. You employee told me it started at 10am today. I just found out that the preorders started at 2am CDT. When I called toys r us all I got was a rude employee saying "its online only". I explained to him "I know its online only, but why did your employee tell me the preorders started at 10?" "sorry its online only" *hung up* This is the second time toys r us screwed me with these amiibo preorders. I had a big problem last time I tried to preorder the lucario amiino. I will never shop at toys r us again.

Upvote (2)

It has come to my attention that you are now selling a Quija Board, the packaging aimed for little girls. Apparently you do not know how dangerous the quija board is. It is NOT A TOY!!! It is EVIL!! By selling this you are putting children & families in danger. There are Many of us who will not shop in your stores or any stores that carry this item, until you take it from your shelves. If you really care about your customers, you would not continue to sell this in your stores. I pray you will make a wise choice & discontinue the quija board from your shelves forever....Ty

Upvote (3)

Introduced by my friend it was my very first visit to babies R Us . Excited i was due to the fact im going to be a grandmother for the first time and thought it to be a place of business i would return to for a long time. Its been far from that . I experienced the worst customer service ever. I was in the store for a good two hours and spent over $1,000. When i got home i realized i was missing 5 pairs of baby shoes that were bagged separately. I wasn't notified at all. The store had my information because i ordered a crib and received a rewards card that day. When i called to inform them i wasnt given the items purchased the response from the clerk that waited on me was a chuckle and " oh yea the bag is right here, i must have forgot to give it to you , and do you have your receipt? " I explain to her yes however i would need to send my sister with it due to my injuries from a car accident and not feeling well. She then said , " oh im gonna have to ask my manager if that's OK" . I said , really?

But im sending her with my receipt. " she said yea ill get back to you hold please.I couldn't believe she was going to put me on hold and discuss such a open and close situation when after just leaving the store and purchasing the amount i had with them. When she returned after leaving me on hold for well over five minutes i told her just that and that i would go in myself. As i arrived 30 min after the phone call i stood in line as the same girl that waited on me and confirmed on the phone it was her , walked by twice behind the register ignoring the fact i was there. I then related to someone else i needed to pick up some paid for items. It was only then then she decided to help me and retrieve the bag from an office. I left ,went home and decided id better look over my purchases. I came to the spa bath and noticed the tape on the bottom didn't look completely on the box. I then realized it had been opened and looked used by the water spots and scratched dirty surface.

I immediately called and was left on hold for ten minutes until after being transferred to the manager. She apologized and said to go in and they would have another ready. The next day i went in and the exchange. The following two days i received a call stating the crib I ordered was in. I called back to confirm why it couldn't be delivered and i was told it could but i would have to pay $100 to do that and additional $25 for every step after the first 6. I was almost considering but my brother in law said he would pick it up. The next day my family and i went back to the store and picked it up and i purchased another $260 of items. Oh the day i returned the bath i purchased $180 of baby items too. The following day after picking up the crib my brother in law noticed there was a crack in the wood if the crib and hole in the mattress i bought there too. My hands went up and i began to cry. My sister had to take it from there. We're still jumping through hoops to get my grand daughters space together and hoping it will get done before she arrives. We have one week left. I will never spend another dime at this business again

Upvote (0)

For the past two years shopping @toysrus in specifically in New Port Richey Florida, Clearwater Florida, and Wesley Chapel Florida I have had no success when looking for merchandise pertaining to collectors merchandise including the following. From a Collectors stand point this is unacceptable that A Big Company such as Toys r Us cant even keep enough stock in of any of these Items. From a Stand point of going in the store I have also gotten wind of certain stores and the managers in those stores are holding items for themselves or specific customers and it never reaches the store shelves. Again this is also unacceptable as a customer never even gets the chance to purchase any of the items they are looking for. The toys r us in this area basically does the Collectors NO FAVORS What so Ever. They only restock the baby toys and never COLLECTORS Toys. IT is also pretty sad when the same item is available online but Toys r us Wont ship to PO Box's.

THE FOLLOWING COLLECTORS ITEMS ARE NEVER IN STOCK:

* Star Wars Black Series both 3 3/4 figures and 6 inch figures
*Star Wars Saga Legends 3 3/4 figures both mission series and rebels series & single's
*Marvel Legends 6 inch Figures
*All Neca Products which includes ( Predator, Alien, Terminator and Horror Movie Figures )
* WWE Figures

Upvote (0)

I went to the Toy R Us store in Clay, NY on 11/17/12 and spent $644.79 & was expecting 3 free items that were advertised. I received no free items as they were all out, no substitutions and this was only a 2 day sale. They also did not have the Star Wars vehicle that was on special as that was also out of stock. I was overcharged on a Skylander toy which was suppose to be 50% off on the 2nd one purchased . I had to drive back to the store which is about 125 miles one way to get this corrected. I just got back to the store on 12/10/12 and they gave me the $5.99 difference as a credit back on my credit card. You are a TOY STORE with a 2 day sale - I suspect you never had the free items - you definitely did not have an adequate supply. I do not care if I ever got to another Toys R Us. I can always order on line from a different store.

Upvote (0)

lI purchased merchandise that isn't even 4 months old and it will not power on. It's obvious that the merchandise is defective. I am very disturbed that this is how Toys R Us conducts business. Store management and customer service insists that nothing can be done. I want to speak with the head person in charge ie: president of the company. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and will never shop at Toys R Us again. Any company that does not back the merchandise that they sell should not be in business and definitely will not receive my business!

Upvote (0)

I want to let your department know that how disappointed I am with Toysrus, a company that I always valued so highly due to providing goods to children.
One and half month ago my 6 year old son whose name is Aiden and I were at Toysrus and he was riding one of the scooters there and when he turned to the book section he fall down and the scooter handler cut the area above his upper lips and it started bleeding so badly that I had to take him to the hospital right away and while I was taking him out of the store with blood all over his face and his crying due to the pain, not even one customer service rep came to ask if we need help. My son had to get 3 stiches and the next day I came to Toysrus again to buy the Ninjago lego for him so he could feel better and wrote down my concern on a piece of paper and gave it to the client service rep and he told me that he will be sending the letter to the complaint department and I was expecting to receive a call from someone at Toysrus but not one single one. My son's wound is becoming swollen and I took him to the pharmacy couple of days ago and the pharmacist said it might have been infected and he needs to put polysporin that has anitbiotics in it but my dad whose a doctor checked him out and he said most probably the deep wound is due to keloid reason and I'm taking him to his family doctor this week as she was away from the office. Talking to client service rep at toysrus when I came in to write the letter the next day of the insidence, he told me that there is a policy that scooters should have only been in the scooter area and someone from Toysrus should have been there not to allow it but I didn't see the policy anywhere being stated and nobody being there to monitor. Just you know that I'm proceeding with the legal action.
The location of the store is in Toronto, Ontario, 300 Steels Ave West
Should you have any questions, my cell phone# is 647-764-9680
Thanks,
Elham

Upvote (0)

My 12yr old son went into a toy r us to spend some of his gift money and he purchased a toy from robot chicken on the box it was a robot leaning on a washing machine he also bought a chicken and a gummy bear from this show , after he got them home he told me that the robot was a bad toy and upon inspecting said toy it had a hip action and you placed it on the base and the robots arms clipped onto a washing machine and it would move it's hip as if it was having sex with the washing machine. after seeing this I searched what robot chicken was and found that it is on adult swim and is a filthy show, I really thought that toys r us would have not put toys of this nature onto the selves and that i would have to be concerned about having to safegaurd my child from adult subject matter at what I thought was a kid friendly store.

Mark A. Wisor
111 white pine lane
Houtzdale , pa 16651

Upvote (0)

I called in about being shipped the wrong item. I spent 45 minutes on the phone and after finally speaking to a supervisor I was promised the correct item would be expressed mail to me. After 15 days I called in again and after 2 hours on the phone I was told I would have to wait 3 to 5 days for customer relations to get back to me to tell me when I would get my item shipped. I once again talked to a upervisor who told me sorry they couldn't help. I would have to wait for a different dept to find time to call me back. The supervisors other suggestion was to cancel my order and to credit me back. I took this option since I had already wasted to much of my time on this. I will cancel my toys r us credit card and I will never shop there again. The customer service sucks, they don't care about their customers. I guess it's because it's the holidays so they are making money right now but they have permently lost a customer.

Upvote (0)

I had a very disappointing experience yesterday in Toys R Us Hato Rey Puerto Rico I recently purchased a 7 inch Tabeo Tablet for my daughter during the month of December. The thing is the equipment turned out to be defective tablet wont turn, the screen didn't work. So I went yesterday to the Toys R US Where I bought it the one in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico, to have it exchanged by another tablet or for a refund.

And not only did I wait sooo long in line I was attended by this obnoxious assistant manager , whom which after looking @ the tablet just simply told me she couldn't accept the tablet because the manufacturing company wouldn't accept it. I told her the Tablet had arrived like this yet she didn't do much or anything to help out in this situation.

All I can say is that Toys R US.. should emphasize more on customer service which is very low quality, they don't seem to hire a lot of employees although the stores are very big. Sometimes you have to walk around for a while through out the whole store in order to receive some assistance by a employee. As far as this situation I feel totally robbed/Scammed for my money.

Employees are supposed to assist customers diligently and efficiently on any situation. But I just sensed they don't really care even though my daughter was next to me while I was trying to exchange the item ( Which obviously made her very sad, she wouldn't stop crying on the way back home.) I simply don't understand why wouldn't Toys R US exchange my item or give me a full refund it seems there always some sort of controversy or excuse to their own benefit when it comes to exchanges or refunds.

Other stores like Game Stop, Electronics Boutique, Wal-Mart, Amazon won't give those obstacles when it comes to exchanging a item which they also sell a whole lot CHEAPER. Iam beyond indignated because the store manager totally wiped her butt with my receipt ( The purchase had been made less than a month ago) And even though she did admit the Tablets were in fact coming with defects she declined to offer any assistance or a exchange, refund, store credit whatsoever.

Usually I never really buy often in Toys R Us... because there isn't located where I live & because I don't find the prices of the items cheap or affordable.. compared to Wal-Mart or K-mart or Game Stop , AMAZON . But this incident totally made it for Iam never BUYING ANYTHING ON TOYS R US ... EVER AGAIN.. and will give NEGATIVE RECOMMENDATIONS to relatives and Close ones based on my Personal EXPERIENCE. I WILL NEVER BUY HERE EVER AGAIN. EVER AGAIN, EVER AGAIN. THEIR RETURN POLICE IS A VERY FICTIONAL POLICY.

Upvote (0)

I placed an order on Nov.22 for a Lego Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle.....Order number 8597934258-0. I paid with 2 gift cards that were $20 each and the rest on PayPal. I received a confirmation email stating my order went through. Several hours later I received an email stating my order was cancelled. The email gave a 1-800 number to call. I did call.....3 times with one call being on hold for over 60 minutes were I was then asked to leave a message. I did! It is now 24 hrs later and I hadn't received a phone call back. I also tried calling the Modesto store numerous times and no one ever answers. My gift cards balance is at ZERO!!! All I want is my $40 back. I cant believe the frustration this company has caused me. They have lost me as a customer. Oh and btw... I live an hour from the nearset Toys R Us so just going to the store isn't an option.

Ref #121214-004326
I have tried 2 place an order twice with this company. Once on line and the other over the phone and both times the money was taken out from my chase account but toyrus had no record that that my order was placed. I called up this location TOYS R US/BABIES R US - REGO PARK [6753]
REGO PARK[6753]
61-35 JUNCTION BOULEVARD,NY 11374
and after waiting 44 minutes the manager did not make an effort to help me. I even call the location that is close to me and no one is answering. I do understand that this is the holiday Seson and its busy but the lack of help is just crazy, makes me not even want to shop with this company anymore!

Upvote (0)

I went into the store excited to learn more about the nintendo 3ds no one was there so I asked the gentleman to help me (after I had been ignored by atleast 5 fellow employees) I showed him the flyer which said it was 169.99 w a free start up kit, I said is the kit a game, because I know nothing about these, he said well you have a choice you can get this or one of the other games, I said ok and went to the front to pay he then (there was a line of 5 people) went and helped all the other people leaving me standing there, I go to pay and he say's oh the movie isn't free it comes with the start up kit which were out of. Why would he offer me the movie if it didn't come with it, also why was I ignored so long. I said forget it Im not buying it here.
I then went through the store and found some other items I needed, with no help from any employee I asked who sent me in 5 different directions, when finally a nice young man walked me to the place where they were. I go to pay I had a 20% coupon, and it wouldn't let me use it because it was in the "big toy book".
I have never had a worse exsperiance only 2 registers open and the managers were very unhelpful. No wonder target and walmart are taking your business.

Upvote (0)

I placed an online order for store pickup. It was cancelled and I was never notifiedl. The employee said they were too busy and said I needed to reorder. I went to reorder but the funds from the first order are not back on my card. The CC company said to call Toy R Us and find out the status of my refund. After waiting on hold for over an hr. I was connected with a rude agent who kept putting me on hold. SHe then asked to transfer me and said she would stay on the line with me and it wouldn't be long. She hung up on me. I can't find the # for employee complaints but I will. I really hop they recorded that conversation and compensate me in some way.

***ANGRY CUSTOMER

Upvote (0)

I am highly upset I made an online purchase on 12/17/12 to pick the items up a t a store. I than noticed that my order was cancelled because the store didn’t want to fill the order. As soon as my order was cancelled I feel as if my funds from my credit card should have been immediately released. That was not the case here it is almost Christmas and I cannot get any gifts because TOYS R Us has my money on hold due to their negligence.

My credit card will not release my funds until someone from TOYS R US contacts them. I am sure you will tell me the same thing that several of your customer service reps said which is it is not your problem. Customer service satisfaction at its finest.

I have contacted the better business bureau in reference to this matter funny enough I am not the only customer who had this issue. I hope everyone at TOYS R US enjoys their holiday because mine has been completely ruined.

Very dissatisfied customer...

Upvote (0)

I just wanted to let you know that it is really stupid that some things do not qualify for free shipping even after you spend $79 dollars or more. I was interested in ordering the glider swing and other things, but they would not give me the option to ship to store, only ship to home for $30 dollars shipping!

The ONLY reason i was going to order the glider swing from toys r us is because i had a $25 gift card and the shipping is still more than that! Someone might want to reconsider these online options considering you can get the EXACT same product from walmart for FREE SHIPPING, which is where i will now be purchasing this product along with all the other products i was interested in.

Upvote (0)

I spend a lot of money at toys r us every year. Recenly I bought a tabeo tablet for my 8 yr old under the assumption that it was an android and could do almost everything a regular bandroid tablet could do. WRONG! My daughter could not get the google play store on it and the first and only time she messed with it, it froze and had to be turned off and turned back on. I tried to take it back to toys r us and they said since it had been opened there was nothing they could do. I called tabeo and they said all they could do is replace it with another tabeo. I tlked to toys r us customer service and the coorporzte office. They said that we are stuck with it bc it haad been opened... That was a waste of $150.Nowhere on my receipt did it say that I could not bring it back once it was opened. They did not even try to wwork with me to find a solution to my problem. I am verybdisappointed with toysnr us aand I HOPE NOBODY WASTES THEIR MONEO ON THE TABEO TABLET!

Upvote (0)

I am going to complain about an employee named Sergio who works at the toys r us in Indio, CA.

First of all, I don't have his last name,he wouldn't give it to me but he is the only Sergio there. If I remember correctly, according to previous employees, you can not date within the store, he has broken up my daughters marriage by being a stalker and a creeper, that store is always and I mean always having drinking parties, the last arty they had cost an employee her life cause she crashed rift after. I have complained to everyone but its just a big group of party animals and I can list them all. Sergio is morning supervisor and is having an affair with my daughter to get more hours, my grandbaby is abandoned because of this, she rarely sees her mother. I am going to go complain with the city and business department but decided to write first. I only want safety for my daughter and don't want her driving and drinking. By the way, that store is corrupted. I want to keep my self private but you can email me anytime.

Ms.Molina

Upvote (0)

I called Toys R'Us to see if they had a card game named Tripoley. I did call on Christmas Eve and knew the store might be busy. I didn't want to drive from my home all the way to the store for nothing so again I called to see if they had the game. The first time a woman answered, I asked if they have the game Tripoley, she asked what kind of game was that, I said it was a card game. She asked if I could hold and I said yes, I was place on hold for 12 minutes and 13 seconds before someone hung up on me. I called back an another woman answered the phone, I explained how I was on hold already, and also said I see the have the game on the website but wanted to make sure they have it in store. She asked me for the product number, I told her I didn't have it because I wasn't on the site but will check, she told me to scroll down and see more information, I could not fin that then she told me never mind I found it, could you hold on. I said yes and this time was placed on hold for 17 minutes and 43 seconds. Now I was quite agitated and hung up to call back, and I believe Brian from the Baby section answered and apologized and transferred me to toys, I was now on hold for 14 minutes, hung up and called back to ask for the manager. Richard answered I started to explain how I called three times, the first time I was on hold for 12 minutes and then was hung up on and he cut me off and asked what was I looking for. I told him Tripoley he said could you please hold while I look on the shelf. I said yes, he was not long before he came back to tell me they have the game he will put it at customer service who to expect to pick it up and when. I was quite upset that he didn't care to listen to my complaint. So when I told him; you don't care about what I have to say/ my complaint, he says oh it's been really busy in here, so I told him I was on hold in total for more than 43 minutes he says well I'm sorry we are having phone issues. I then replied that's fine you don't care about my complaint I will file it else where. I would have been happy had he listened to what I had to say and said sorry, but he didn't. What if one of his employees said something really horrible again he wouldn't know because he didn't take the time to listen. This was extremely poor service, the worse part is I spent a lot of money there throughout the years and for people to be so rude on Christmas Eve. If you can't handle how busy your store is through the holidays then maybe you shouldn't manage it.

Upvote (0)

I was looking at the baby swings on-line and the one I was interested in said I had to call my local store to see if it was available. I called the Babies R Us in Salisbury, MD tonight, 10/19/12, to see if they had a swing in stock. When I told the person who answered the phone I was calling to see if a swing was in stock, she said "We have lots of swings". I proceeded to tell her I was looking for a particular one and that the online store said I needed to call my local store. She put me on hold for 10 minutes then I could hear them pick up the line and put it right back on hold. It did this again in another 10 mins. Finally she got back on the phone, about 25 mins. on hold at this time, and asked which swing I was looking for. I told her and was put back on hold again. At 28 mins. 45 seconds in they hung up on me. I understand that it can be very busy at times but if she was that busy she could've just said it was very busy and I would've called back instead of wastings almost 30 mins. sitting on the phone. Now I think I will go elsewhere to find the swing I'm looking for. Way to lose a customer!

Upvote (0)

I am totally upset with toy r us and i am would like to express the fact that i placed an order on 11/8 adn my computer crashed so i was unaware that the order went thru so i place another order WELL BOTH ORDER STARTED TO GO THRU . As soon as i noticed this i called and was told that you only have 5 MINUITES TO CANCEL AN ORDER .. WHICH IS UPSURD!!!!!! NOW MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WAS OVERDRAWM BECASUE TOYS R US WOULD NOT CANCEL ONE OF THE ORDERES. I wil make this known that NO ONE PLACE AN ORDER FROM TOYS R US ONLINE ... I AM UPSET AND DISGUSTED TO THE FACT THAT one of the two orderd i placed could not be canceled .. At this point i am wil return the items i did want and purchase and take my business elsewhere.. I will never again purchase from toys r us. My checking accoutn is now screwed up and other bills will also bounce!!!!

Upvote (0)

Today I went to Toys R Us store on Mid Rivers Mall Dr. in St. Peters, Missouri and had another horrible experience. Toys ‘R Us often offers a promotion during the shopping season that is Buy 2-Get 1 Free on video games. My mom bought a video game for my husband, which he also received from someone else. When we tried to even exchange it, not return it for money, but even exchange it, we were told we had to find a game of equal or lesser value.

The game was purchased for $59.99, but because it was part of the Buy 2-Get 1 Free promotion, we could only exchange it for $39.99. I would understand this if we wanted our money back, but we wanted to EVEN exchange it. The cashier, Kathy or Cathy, was extremely rude and was even in my face at one point. The issue is that all we wanted to do was even exchange one game that was a Toys R Us gift and get a new one. It is not our fault that your company chooses to run promotions before Christmas but not honor them after Christmas, when many people will be making returns, or in our case, EVEN exchanges.

This has happened on numerous occasions to me and my mom, who is a regular customer and member of your rewards program. It is ridiculous that your customers are treated with extreme disrespect and made to feel stupid because of your return policy. Neither I, nor my mom will be shopping at your store anytime soon. This is very sad for your store because my husband and I are expecting our first child in August, and I was planning to register at Babies ‘R Us.

I will not be registering there anymore because of the extremely poor customer service I have continued to receive. I do not want to put myself through having to make any Toys R Us returns after my baby shower and I don’t want my friends and family to be treated with the same disrespect that my husband, mom and I were.

Upvote (0)

Greetings, My Mother in Law and I (and about 50 others) just waited from 6pm until 8 pm at the Henrico Toys R us and they were not open! I called customer service ahead of time and the told me the store would be open and would have the promotion items! I would not be so upset if when I called they had told me the correct information that this store would not be open. Now we are currently waiting on line at the Short Pump store in Richmond, and have missed the promotional giveaway as well as many deals! I am in the military and also had to take a day of leave to be out here to do this for my children, please make this right! Also, this is my 4th time submitting my complaint and have yet to hear anything!

Upvote (0)

I am sure I am not the first or last customer to complain about your services. I am deeply upset about your misleading and false advertisements. Specifically regarding today’s CYBER SALE which only last 8hrs. I understand your marketing and advertisement techniques, I really do. But LIES from a company as big and known as your corporation is simply DISGUISTING. I am attempting to purchase ITEM WEB ID # 214719.

Your website says it’s only available for ship to store or home only . Surprisingly enough NO stores within 50 miles of 90710 have the item. (RIDICOULOUS) if you ask me. This forces me to ship it to home for an additional fee of course. After speaking to SCARLETT at your 800 number, she gave no additional options for me or suggestions even; I have decided I am done with your company.

I am sure one lost customer doesn’t affect your multi million dollar corp., but as I read your awful online reviews, I am sure that due to your tactics your corporation will be out of business in no time.

You may contact me via email if needed.

Upvote (0)

Went to take back a pushchair purchased as a spare one that was not cheap, £120 one. It went off to the right and brake would slightly come down when pushing my daughter along, didn't notice for a while as it was only used as spare didn't use it straight away as have a quinny buzz. The woman who greeted us at counter said she noticed it went off to the right and went to get someone from the baby department. Who was rude right away and when mentioned this to other lady she said sorry she has been fitting car seats all day, that's her job. They could not see a fault with it even tho the first lady said she felt it when asked for manager she denied even saying this, which was very frustrating. We pushed the pushchair in front of us and yes could clearly see it went straight off right, just to prove 3 wheeler pushchairs do not do this I done the same thing with my quinny that went straight. When doing the school run and having a push chair that goes off towards the road when pushed one handed as holding the hand of my other child is dangerous. Now the pushchair needs to be sent away for up to 3 weeks lucky we do have another, but when I asked the manager what will happen if the fault is not fixed he could not answer me. My partner and myself found the customer satisfaction disgusting and there attitudes as we could be left with a pushchair that's not useable. After splendid nearly a thousand pound in this store in the last 8 months will never return and take our business to mothercare or mamas and papas know what customer satisfaction is. When proved the pushchair was not right still being told they couldn't find a fault is disgusting, and manners and attitude well there wasn't any with two members of staff and a manager.

Upvote (0)

Yesterday I went to your Harlow store to buy a new car seat. Id seen a few that id liked and read up the reviews on them. When I asked for someone to check my first option would fit in my car at customer services the lady was very helpful. However the young girl that came was very rude and seemed very put out that she had to fit the car seat. The car seat obviously didnt fit in our car and did would not strap in securely unless it was reclined in the middle position only. So if i wanted to recline my baby in it completely or sit him upright the seat would not of been at all safe. However knowing this the assisstant told us the car seat was fine to use in our car. She seemed more than happy to let me walk away with a car seat that didnt fit my car and was unsafe. She didnt suggest trying a different car seat or that it was unsafe to put my baby in.
Needless to say we didnt purchess the car seat but did buy a different that did fit in our car but sadly it wasnt from toys r us.
I have been a frequant customer at toys r us over the last fews buying most of both my sons christmas and birthday presemts, pushchairs,baby accessories, toys ect as well as the party store online, but after the dangerous actions of the assisstant i will no longer be shopping at the chain of stores and will be advising all my friends with young children not to buy car seats from the chain either.

Upvote (0)

I went into the Toys R Us store on Wolf Road in Colonie NY on 12-02-12 and again on 12-04-12. The Manager’s name was Mike. He should not be a Manager of a kids toys store! He does not know how to deal with customers and has a very bad attitude! The store is very under staffed. On 12-02-12, I waited in line along with many other customers in electronics for Mike to come and type in his managers code. Because every time the associate scanned an item it asked for a managers code. The cashier was very apologetic and said this is not what should be happening. We were waiting in line for over 45 minutes. Mike kept getting paged and he would not respond to the nice cashier behind the desk. The store was in complete disarray, you couldn’t even get through the aisles. Its dirty and toys were all over the floors. On 12-04-12, I left work to run over and get my items I placed on layaway on 12-02-12. I realized I had placed the wrong tablet on layaway, I had intended to go back to electronics and buy the Samsung 7inch tablet that your store sells. I said I only want to cancel one item on my layaway and buy the rest. Mike said I had to cancel my whole order and then also get charged $10. I said that is not right, Walmart let you cancel items you do not want and you are still able to buy the rest of the items. Mike then said you have to buy the whole layaway and then do a return on the item you do not want. This is supposed to be a “hassle free Layawway” I said that doesn’t work because my refund doesn’t go right back into my bank account and I want to buy a different tablet, I cannot wait 5 business days or how every long it will be. He said he didn’t care. Call you bank he said! I told him I was calling corporate to file a complaint which I never ever do! He did not care one bit. I took my receipt and went to electronics. I asked one of the associated for a tablet and he said he had to go in the back to get it. There was also another woman waiting for an Ipod touch. The associate again had to page Mike the manager 5 times, he never would respond to the pages “Manager needed in R Zone” I waited 45 minutes or more with this other woman for Mike to bring the key to unlock the back room. I said forget it and I went back up front and canceled my layaway and was charged $10! I arrived at The store at 2:30 and I didn’t leave until after 4pm! The store was not busy at all. I had to wait and wait and wait to get any help. I drove over to Best buy and bought my video games and tablet from them. I will not buy any electronics from this Toys R Us store again unless something drastically changes! Last year when I shopped at this store around the same time of the month the store was not in this bad of condition and there were associates to help out in almost every isle and electronics. The associates would walk up to you and say can I help you find anything miss etc! I don’t know if this store has a new manager, but something really needs to change! I have never had such bad customer service in my life. When I went back up to cancel my layaway I told Mike the manager that I called corporate to make a complaint, he said he did not care. I did place a call on 12-4-12 at 3pm. I want my $10 back. If you look into my buying history I spend A LOT of money at Toys R Us and Baby’s R Us! I will start using Amazon and Target more often now because they do have hassle free shopping, Even WALMART! I totally understand that this is a super busy time for the store, but I have seen it much more busier and the store ran perfectly. If the manager doesn’t care about his store then no one else that works there will care either. I also bought a few video games on 12-2-12 and I am going back to return them to the store and buy them at a different store.

Thanks for your time with this matter,

Upvote (0)

My disabled mother was misinformed by sales assistant on floor when explaining Thomas the Train train table and accessorries. She was told in front of me that the train table came with tracks. The sales assistant personally handed my mother trains that were supposedly to work compatible with my son's new train table.

Come Christmas morning we found out there was no tracks in the box. Every train was not compatible with the train table. How can an employee not be educated about a popular item that is a money maker for their company. Obviously after research we noticed that there are three types of trains after my son's dissapointment.

The type we needed was thomas wooden railway trains and tracks. Its ashame that my mom who is old and disabled dropped 500.00 on trains and accessories for his new train table and none are compatible.

My mother bought these items in october to avoid the holiday rush because she uses a walker to get around. Upon Christmas morning when we realized she was misinformed I went to return items december 27th but sales clerk and store manager could not help me out because return date had expired.

Could not refund even with receipt because their computer would not allow them. That is considerably alot of money to be wasted and cannot be used. So my son has a train table and no tracks or trains that are compatible. I am upset and let down being this is Toys r Us.

Not only that my brother spent 100.00 on an electric race track that was so cheaply made it could not hold itself together as the cars could only make it half way around the track. Why? cuz the pieces were cheaply made the track would fall apart as the cars made it halfway around the race track.

How can Toys R Us put these sort of items on their shelves. Seriously...I could find a better race track at walgreens or any local drug store. I am never taking my business to Toys R Us again.

Things have changed since I was a kid....What is a person to do as a consumer when you cannot trust the company to purchase durable and dependable toys and to train their employees to help their customers spend their money properly. I am still in shock.

Upvote (0)

2012 my last time Black Friday shopping there. Employees are so rude and disrespectful. You ask where somethong is they say Dont Know with and attitude. It was a mess and unorganized. Like how employees not gone know what is on the different aisle. Maybe a
list would have helped their stupidity. Next time people gone snap back. They waited patiently in line didnt push while others were trying to find items by themselves!!!

Upvote (0)

I called Toys R Us Schaumburg to see if they had in inventory that they website said they had in stock. I spoke with 5 different people over a 25 minute span to find out that the first store did not have it. The second store I called, Vernon Hills, also said it had it in stock. I spent 10 minutes on the phone before being disconnected. I called back and waited another 20 minutes before being disconnected again. That's 35 minutes on hold without ever stating what I was calling about. I don't feel this is an acceptable standard and called another store instead. Within 10 minutes they confirmed they had the product and I went there instead. I am very displeased with this inefficiency.

Upvote (0)

Just spent over an hour shopping at Toys R Us online on Black Friday and adding things to my cart only to go to checkout and find my cart empty. Tried to add more and it just kept clearing. Couldn't even buy 1 darn thing. Tried to call customer service only to get a recording indicating you are experiencing technical difficulties. I'll say! Very dissapointed with Toys R US Black Friday! They should at least allow you to purchase online rather than stand in line for hours at the store like cattle. In my opinion, Black Friday should be banned because of what it does to people!

Upvote (0)

I was making an order online- this order came to more than $100 and should have qualified for free shipping since it contained a wipes warmer, a wicker basinet/basket and stand. This is not what would be considered "Large Furniture".
The shipping charge was going to end up being 25% of my total purchase.
This is completely absurd.
I'm upset not only because of this, but because I have spent thousands of dollars over the past 8 months at your store- it is the only store I registered at and received many gifts purchased at your store. And now that I have a couple things that I need to buy (and I live about 3 hours away from a babies r us) I have to pay these rediculous shipping charges. I really wish I would have known this before hand becuase I would have never registered there.
I should also mention that the items listed say that they qualify for free shipping if over $100 is spent. My subtotal was $125.

Upvote (0)

On nov 22 I place a large order online. some how the shipping addres got wrong. i contacted toys r us and a supervisor cancelled my order she than re did the whole order again and shipped it to the right address. on mon 26 of nov i received an email stating that they shipped the first order that was cancelled . I called i was put thur to another supervisor who said they dont cancell order i gave my referral number and she was very rude after 90 min i was told to call ups and i was responsible to retrive the cancelled order and return it for a refund. even though the lady on nov 22 assured me she cancelled it before ordering th same order now im getting billed for two i asked the supervisor to listen to our recorded message but got no where. so I called ups and they said toyrus had to call them to return to sender which would be toys r us. so i called again after 55 more min the teller answered and said let me get my supervisr than they hung up on me. I never got my problem resolved and dont know who to talk to. Every year i spend betwwen 500 and 10000 dollars at toys r us i cancelled my toys r us card and will never never shop there again a long with family members many friends and anyone who will listen to my christmas nightmare. how can i get this problem fix what if i cant get my packages back i cant even finish santa shopping for my two 6 year olds due 6 due to hours being decreased thanks for listening discouraged customer.

Contact the Toys R Us Complaint Department