Customer Satisfaction Results
1.93 out of 5 Stars
146 Consumer Reviews

Toys R Us
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Toys R Us company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Toys R Us online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Toys R Us corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Toys R Us?

Compare Toys R Us to Similar Toy Stores more...

Top 146 Reviews about Toys R Us

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Toys R Us customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I ordered a playset off of ToysRUs.com to have shipped to my home. The playset cost $1799.99 plus tax and I also had to pay $299.99 for shipping. I placed the order on 4/23/16. On 4/28/16 it shipped. Since the item was large (approx. 700 lbs) it was to be delivered via a freight company, Estes. The freight company was to contact me to schedule the delivery. On 5/2 I was contacted. I told the freight company that due to the nature of my driveway, I was unable to accommodate a semi-truck and asked if they delivered in a UPS type of truck. They then asked me if I could meet them somewhere to pick up the play set. One, it's 700 lbs and two, I paid 299.99 to have it shipped to MY HOME. Estes said they'd request a smaller truck and scheduled the delivery for 5/4.

On 5/4 they cancelled and re-scheduled the delivery for 5/6. On 5/6 they cancelled and re-scheduled for 5/9. On 5/9 -- guess what??? They cancelled AGAIN and now are unable to deliver my playset as requested. I was told to contact Toys R Us, so I did. Toys R Us called the freight company on 5/9 and told me that delivery would be re-scheduled for this week. I contacted the freight company today, 5/12 and my shipment is still not scheduled, and they could give me no date. I contacted Toys R Us again, and this time I was told that it was out of their hands and that I needed to deal with Estes, the freight company on my own. I said this wasn't acceptable, I paid 299.99 to TOYS R US for freight and I wanted them to do something for me. So they come back with that they'll give me a refund of 150.00 -- doesn't solve my problem, but hey, it's money back, right??? WRONG.

When I made the purchase of the playset, I went out and purchased $1000.00 worth of gift cards(to get Giant Eagle fuel perks) and put the balance of $800+ on my Toys R Us credit card. Toys R Us is only willing to give me MY $150.00 back via giftcard -- they refuse to credit my charge card. I talked and complained to 2 different people stating that I did not agree with their resolution and was told there was nothing else they can do. So not only is my playset being held hostage, but now $150.00 of my money is being held also. Toys R Us screwed me over on an order last year, and I said then I'd never order from them again --- but yet here I am. Screwed again.

Upvote (0)

So frustrated right now. I ordered a dresser from a store location and paid for delivery, after I un-boxed it... It's damaged. I called the Toys R Us 1-800 customer service number and was told since it wasn't online I had to deal with the store but the district manager would call me in 24 hrs. (That was Friday... Still no call). I've called the store (Columbia MD) directly 50 times in the last hour and every single time they hang up on me. I'm so upset right now and have a baby dresser that is useless.

Upvote (0)

We received a $15.00 Rewards card to be used by 2/26/16 after spending a FORTUNE at Christmas time for our grandkids. I came in the store and bought a Helix Power Spin Play for $16.99. We took it back to the store because my grandson wanted a Lego set. Instead of crediting us with $16.99, I was credited $1.99. Basically I was given a reward (from your rewards club) and then it was taken away from me. It should NOT matter what we used that reward on (I was told you could only use the reward once). Your reward program stinks and I'll take my business elsewhere! And I returned the first item for the second on 2/14 still within the reward cards timeframe to use it.

Upvote (0)

I go in to Toys R Us EVERY sat...now for the past Saturdays in your clearance section..you have 31 " tall star wars and the rock figures for $3.90 each. Sweet deal....so I brought these guys on 2 saturdays. Today I go back to your store and those clearance items were raised to $6.90....from $3.90 the next insulting thing was under the $6.90 ticket was a $12.90 ticket...who are you fooling ....shame on you...

When I asked a man cashier do n you usually raise clearance prices and he said YES it depends on the original price. Wow disgusting....no wow I drove 12 miles each way to get more clearance items and the 3rd item I went back for today was also raised....shame on you...it is mutant mania wrestling. I will let my friends no about your phony clearance prices.

Upvote (0)

I have my baby registry through your store located in Kanata Ontario, Canada. The process itself is simple, though your kiosks don't print. I've gone on several occasions and it's always out of service, or just not working. This causes concern as my guests who will be attending my shower which is about 30 people will not be able to rely on the items that should be easily accessible. My next area of concern is that at the cash once things are bought some items didn't actually come off the registry even though the registry number was provided which would just results in me having to go back and a trip for nothing. On a regular day this is highly inconvenient and while being pregnant and about to deliver this is highly inappropriate.

I went into the store today, and noticed that the car seats were on sale. I came home to look at my registry to see if the prices were matching and realized that sale items in store do not correspond with your prices listed online.This is a huge downfall in your registry because my guests aren't aware and if they were to buy something online they missed out on a better deal. Why would you want your customers to be ripped off? I certainly do not want my family and close friends to be paying an extra amount when the same item is on sale in your store.

I have many many many people who are looking at this registry and it makes me upset knowing that your company is not dependable, and doesn't follow guidelines which are true to its name. For future purposes I would never recommend any pregnant woman to do her registry with your company. I've had to do everything on my own, and had to inform my guests of ACTUAL sale prices so that they wouldn't be over paying. This is so disappointing and such a waste of my time which is extremely limited. I look forward to hearing from someone who cares and has a proper response to my concerns.

Upvote (0)

Called the Johnson City, Tn store looking for an item the employee stated she would put me on hold and go look. 20 minutes later when I walked into store still on hold was told they didn't have item and nobody took my call even though the manager on duty, Nick or Nate seen my phone and took me off hold. This is very poor customer service and and there is no excuse for it. Retraining or new management that was working Jan 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM needs to be considered.

Upvote (0)

I deposited money into my account (cash) about 11:45 Sat evening. I then went to work and went online to take advantage of the shipping that they guaranteed by Christmas eve because I had expedited the purchase. Anyway, made the purchase printed the receipt, and received the email. I then got an email on Sunday that the order had been suspended because there were no funds on the card. Incorrect! Please see where I deposited cash. We called the bank and the money was pending (maybe 10 calls). We called toys r us (maybe more than 10 times) where they continued to explain to us that the fault was the bank, because there was a hold. .

We knew there was not a hold because we had spoken to the bank several times and they assured us that the money was pulled from Toys r us. Well then we had to do a conference, the bank and toys r us. The bank explained that they had taken out the money, and that toys r us could take as long as they wanted to retrieve it. Well toys r us still complained that they could not do anything, because of the "hold" that didn't even exist. She spoke about cancelling and reordering, but then because it is now 4 days until Christmas.

Well after speaking with my husband she did cancel but didn't reorder. I think that the way that this was handled really sucked, we spent 400 dollars in Toys r us and we have no merchandise. The first representative stated that she wouldn't even honor 1-2 day shipping. Now my kids have no gifts, we cant get back the money until 3 to 4 business days, and no one was willing to help. I will NEVER order from Toys r us online no matter what. You would think they would do for their customers during this busy time, especially when everything was verified. Thank you toys r us for ruining Christmas!

Upvote (0)

I recently visited your Warrington store, I spent quite a bit off money on my children's Xmas present, I had a problem with my first card so had to pay a second time, the women reassured me that the first payment has not gone through but the second payment, so as you can imagine I was rather upset when I when I went to another shop to our purchase something else and there was no money in my account because you had took both payments, Which equals to £679.

Also just before I carry on, the first payment which there was a problem with was for £339.79 and the second payment which went through fine was for £340. I know its only a couple off pence but your staff took it upon there selves to add that extra pence on. Anyway I went into my bank and they sorted it out bearing in mind this all happened within 1hour, anyway my account was back in credit and I thought that was the end off it. Only it's not, yet again the payment has tried to go out and will not expire till 18, so till then I have an overdrawn off over £300 which I cannot clear at the this time off year, and now I also have a bank account I can't use the week before Xmas, which a complete pain.

I also cannot pay my rent till this overdrawn balance is cleared, nor can I purchase anything else for my children till this is sorted out. I am completely devastated at the moment as you can imagine and stressed out without this kind of thing happening at this time of year, and will not be using this store again

Upvote (0)

I ordered a lamp (The Peanut Shell Mila Lamp with Shade), it arrived damaged. According to the Packing List, I could return the lamp to any store with no Hassle. I tried returning it to the store #8804 in Montgomery, AL, they would not take. She said that she would charge me if I returned it from the store. I waited on the phone for 45 minutes for a Toys R Us customer service representative. Finally hung up. I would like to replace the lamp . . . . but I don't feel like I should have to pay for the return when it came to me damaged. All I am trying to do is get a replacement lamp. BUT I can tell you, that I won't buy another thing from you. This has been a horrible experience. I would like a FREE Return Label for this lamp.

Upvote (0)

We attempted to purchase a few items today and because of lack of training on the manager and cashier path were not able to do so. We had two coupons from toys r us which we wanted to use but they both insisted that they can't take them. The manager (Larry) wasn't professional and made up stuff on the coupon and the cashier (Juanita ) was no help. After leaving we took a closer look and had notice what they were saying was wrong. We went back in and met the store manger who looked over the same coupon and agreed it would work and we were able to make our purchase. Point is if you don't know, don't try to act like you know and make the customer look like they are stupid; just be grown up about it and act professional. I would like to see or hear from someone to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Upvote (0)

Extremely rude and ignorant manager at the Toys R Us in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. I'm not even going to get into all the details of the problem, but suffice it to say, the manager was arrogant, and didn't care about my complaint at all. All that was needed was to exchange a Scooby-doo item my wife had purchased that had a broken wheel. All we wanted was the same vehicle-not money returned- and nobody else sold the vehicle as it was a special "Toys R Us exclusive", but because the receipt was misplaced, the manager wouldn't exchange the item. Total ass. With the prices Toys R Us is charging, you would think they would employ someone who can figure out how to make a customer happy without insulting and degrading them. Ridiculous policy on returns. Will be shopping at Walmart from now on.

Upvote (0)

On the 20th of November 2015 I noticed a withdraw from our joint account stating Toys R Us £24.99. I rang the bank to report a fraud because I and my partner haven't been to Toys R Us for months, when the women looked into it she said it was from the 11th September 2015, which I did purchase a Lego set the women said what might of happened is that there was something wrong with your system and that's why it took so long. I am very disgusted that is has happened and I wasn't informed about the situation. I no it's hard to no who purchased goods on their cards but you could send a message through facebook informing people you have had a glitch or try and contact the banks so they can inform people. I spent an hour on the phone trying to sort it out. Can you find out what happened that day and inform of what happened.

Upvote (0)

My family has had a most disheartening day with ToysRUs. My daughter and I went to your Fort Wayne store on Sunday when it opened looking for the Tonka 12 volt ride in dump truck that was on sale. The store claimed they had none. We were told to call on Thursday to see if any came in. I called this morning (Thursday) at 9:30 and was told there was 1. I explained that I was not able to transport it in my car and would need to pick it up when my daughter got home with her Jeep. I asked if I should come out and pay for it beforehand and was told that was not necessary. It would be held for us until 5:00. I called back after talking to my daughter and told the person on the phone that we could not make it until 6:00. My daughter is a teacher and is planning a party for children with cancer.

The person on the phone was very nice both times and assured me there was no problem. Everything was fine to this point. When my daughter, who is pregnant, got there at 5:50, she was told there were three available somewhere in the store, but they could not find any. The most aggravating part is that not only was there no dump truck on hold.! In other words I was called a LIAR! This is totally unacceptable and is not the way to run a business. My daughter and I have spent thousands of dollars over the years at ToysRUs and BabiesRUs. Something needs to be done to make sure items that you advertise on sale are at least available the first day when the store opens and that when you are told something is in and available for you, it will be there waiting when you get there.

I am a grandmother and retired teacher myself and this is not the way to deal with the public. I am so disappointed with the way we were treated today. I feel we have no choice but to take our business elsewhere! If I could give you 0 stars, I would!

Upvote (0)

I was recently shopping at the Toys r us in new port richey, fl. I usually take my son there and don't really mind the prices being higher than walmart, because I liked the environment of being geared completely around children. I have always appreciated the customer service, until today. When they customer service goes, and the prices are still higher, definitely not worth it. My son and I spent alot of time today walking around the store making our christmas lists for himself and everyone else. We planned on purchasing a few small items. One of which was a small lego set, that was fully stocked and labeled on the shelf. The entire time we were there he was talking about it, and looking at the package telling me all about it, super excited to hurry home and build it. When we went to ring up the cashier said this is not available to sell. I said excuse me?

She said I can't sell this to you until tomorrow! I looked at my son with tears in his eyes and asked isn't there anything you can do? She said no. So I asked for a manager. When she came up, she would not look at me or speak to me directly. My son is now crying. She looks at the screen, says "thats not for sale yet" I again asked isn't there anything you can do? She said "no" and started walking away still without even looking at me. I asked why was it stocked and labeled on the shelf? After I was ignored, I asked for the corporate number, she mumbled 800 toysrus and kept walking. I asked the cashier their names, and walked out without purchasing anything. I called the 800 number from the parking lot and live chat with customer service when I returned home. We then went to a birthday party ( geared around lego), so my son was sure to tell everyone about the lego set he almost got today, and why he didn't.

Every parent there told me that I behaved way too calmly and they would have been yelling in the store. I guess I was in aw about the whole ordeal, besides what kind of example would that set. My son was already asking why they were being so mean at the store? It is bad enough to treat an adult poorly, yet to upset my young child like that is completely unacceptable! Everything on our list is available at walmart, target, kmart, amazon. We will not be shopping at that toysrus this christmas or ever again. I will however be sure to tell everyone I know about the horrible experience.

Upvote (0)

I ordered two matching toys, one for girl and one for boy. I received a confirmation and several days later a shipping delivery date. Now a week later I received an email stating the girls toy was cancelled boy toy was being shipped. I called the Toys R Us customer service line and their response was it was out of stock and offered no alternative. After vigorously complaining the representative offered to try and locate this item in a store near me. He told me there was one of these items approximately 10 hours driving time away and if I wanted it I could go get it, but they would not ship it to me. Hearing this outrageous statement I demanded to speak with a supervisor and waited 35 minutes. Of course no solution was offered by this person either. This is not the first time something like this has happened. I will never purchase another item from Toys R Us. As a company dealing in toys for children they should be considered despicable. Shame on them.

Upvote (0)

I have unsubscribed several times from babies r us and toys r us emails. It has been well passed the 10 days it takes to end the mailings. I keep receiving email from toys r us. Please STOP emailing me! I do not want to hear from this company and it has become quite annoying.

Upvote (0)

Your rewards program is a joke! I just canceled mine as I have been buying gifts for my grandkids for years and have never received a single point to use towards any purchases. When I ask at the checkout stand about my rewards, no one seems to know how to determine where to find my points. I give up. Headache over this ---- GONE !!

Upvote (0)

Good evening. I forgot to give my Toys R Us sales associate the $10 gift card coupon, so I went over to customer service to receive it. The sales associate told me I had 2 other customers in front of me I stated OK. She was waiting on an customer and it look like she didn't really know what she was doing so sales associate Nick came over to assist. While waiting the employee waited on the other two customers plus more while I was standing there. When Nick finished with the other customer he did help me out. I stated to the employee, did you forget I was standing here she told me no I didn't. That was not good customer service and I was very unhappy with her response. Nick did apologize but overall customer service was bad.

Upvote (0)

I returned 2 separate packages in the mail. I rec'd an email confirming receipt of the return on 10/7. The two reference numbers for these credits is 393681757 and 393685517. I never received the refund to my original form of payment. I called Customer service on 10/22 and complained of not receiving funds back to my account. Customer Service filed a case to the Billing Department # 151021-002379. I was advised I would be contacted in 3 business days from Babies R Us Complaint Billing Department. I was never contacted by Billing so I called back Customer Service on 10/28 and provided them with the case number. I was advised that they couldn't process anything further and basically telling me there was nothing that they could. This is literally the worst customer Service I have ever received and not to mention you can barely understand anything of the reps say when you call them with an issue or a complaint. I will never shop here again!

Upvote (0)

Went into Toys R Us store in Whitby, Ontario, and ordered 2 items to be sent to Upper Wentworth store in Hamilton as a baby gift from the registry. After about 7 days still no sign of these items. Called customer service and spent a long time explaining the situation only to have the call dropped by the csr. Called back again and went through the situation again after another long period of time was told to check with Purolater.

So now I have spent time checking with the store in Hamilton, 2 CSR's and now I have to check with purolater. Outcome of this nightmare was that items were in the Hamilton store all the time and through staff incompetence we finally get these items a week later.

This was unacceptable! I called Csr again Saturday 23rd May. Now it's 9 days later only to be told that I can get 15% discount the next time I order something from the Hamilton store. Like I would ever again!! I asked can you please just send this to me. Answer: no thats the way it is.

I am so angry by now and had enough of the lack of concern and knowledge. I am now at at the stage where I will be contacting the office of the president if there is no response or satisfaction from this complaint.

Upvote (0)

My Name is Yudith Saavedra I am writing to you because your manager at the location on 3330 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60618 by the name of Diane was very rude to me yesterday on May 7, 2015 I went to try to return a power wheel that was purchase only a month ago It was used just once inside the house because at the time of purchase it was cold outside so it was still in very good condition nothing wrong with it..just that my two-year-old doesn't like it . she had a very bad attitude she kept walking away while I was talking to her and trying to show her my receipts because it shows very clearly on my receipt that all items could be returned within 90 days with the receipts and I have all my paperwork and my receipt for it and she still was very rude and wouldn't help me so I went to a different toys "R" Us in Melrose Park and they help me out so as far as your western location I will never shop there again because if you can't be a peoples person and speak to people with manners and respect then they shouldn't be working there specially with kids having to see that type of behavior from a manager because it is a kids store and as parents were spending lots of money at your store so it's not fair for your employees to have that type of bad attitude very bad look i'm very disappointed.

Upvote (3)

I stopped in your Salisbury Maryland store location on 03/26/2015 to shop for our grandson, I walked that store 3 times in search of a employee to assist me. No body around, so I went to the customer service desk to inquire about a ninja turtle playset. The female at the desk was too BUSY TALKING WITH A MAN about what's been going on and totally ignored me so I finally said excuse me could you check and see if you have a product, she said no too quick and I knew I was interrupting her personal conversation. So I asked if she would please check the computer to see if any of the other toys r us might have it in stock and without hesitation she told me my best bet would be target and continued to ignore me !! So left your store, came home and called the store to get the District managers phone number and they wouldn't even give me the dm's name. (store manager was of no help when I called either) So I called and talked to somebody at I guess your cooperate office and a man named Red took my complaint and said the DM would be calling me I got a reference number of 150336-003211. And not surprised I've not heard from anybody from toys r us . We now have 4 grandchildren, I'm done with toysrus ! I work too hard for my money to spend at a business that can't return a call .

Upvote (2)

I called yesterday to find out what time the next wave of amiibos went on sale for preorder. You employee told me it started at 10am today. I just found out that the preorders started at 2am CDT. When I called toys r us all I got was a rude employee saying "its online only". I explained to him "I know its online only, but why did your employee tell me the preorders started at 10?" "sorry its online only" *hung up* This is the second time toys r us screwed me with these amiibo preorders. I had a big problem last time I tried to preorder the lucario amiino. I will never shop at toys r us again.

Upvote (2)

It has come to my attention that you are now selling a Quija Board, the packaging aimed for little girls. Apparently you do not know how dangerous the quija board is. It is NOT A TOY!!! It is EVIL!! By selling this you are putting children & families in danger. There are Many of us who will not shop in your stores or any stores that carry this item, until you take it from your shelves. If you really care about your customers, you would not continue to sell this in your stores. I pray you will make a wise choice & discontinue the quija board from your shelves forever....Ty

Upvote (3)

Introduced by my friend it was my very first visit to babies R Us . Excited i was due to the fact im going to be a grandmother for the first time and thought it to be a place of business i would return to for a long time. Its been far from that . I experienced the worst customer service ever. I was in the store for a good two hours and spent over $1,000. When i got home i realized i was missing 5 pairs of baby shoes that were bagged separately. I wasn't notified at all. The store had my information because i ordered a crib and received a rewards card that day. When i called to inform them i wasnt given the items purchased the response from the clerk that waited on me was a chuckle and " oh yea the bag is right here, i must have forgot to give it to you , and do you have your receipt? " I explain to her yes however i would need to send my sister with it due to my injuries from a car accident and not feeling well. She then said , " oh im gonna have to ask my manager if that's OK" . I said , really?

But im sending her with my receipt. " she said yea ill get back to you hold please.I couldn't believe she was going to put me on hold and discuss such a open and close situation when after just leaving the store and purchasing the amount i had with them. When she returned after leaving me on hold for well over five minutes i told her just that and that i would go in myself. As i arrived 30 min after the phone call i stood in line as the same girl that waited on me and confirmed on the phone it was her , walked by twice behind the register ignoring the fact i was there. I then related to someone else i needed to pick up some paid for items. It was only then then she decided to help me and retrieve the bag from an office. I left ,went home and decided id better look over my purchases. I came to the spa bath and noticed the tape on the bottom didn't look completely on the box. I then realized it had been opened and looked used by the water spots and scratched dirty surface.

I immediately called and was left on hold for ten minutes until after being transferred to the manager. She apologized and said to go in and they would have another ready. The next day i went in and the exchange. The following two days i received a call stating the crib I ordered was in. I called back to confirm why it couldn't be delivered and i was told it could but i would have to pay $100 to do that and additional $25 for every step after the first 6. I was almost considering but my brother in law said he would pick it up. The next day my family and i went back to the store and picked it up and i purchased another $260 of items. Oh the day i returned the bath i purchased $180 of baby items too. The following day after picking up the crib my brother in law noticed there was a crack in the wood if the crib and hole in the mattress i bought there too. My hands went up and i began to cry. My sister had to take it from there. We're still jumping through hoops to get my grand daughters space together and hoping it will get done before she arrives. We have one week left. I will never spend another dime at this business again

Upvote (0)

For the past two years shopping @toysrus in specifically in New Port Richey Florida, Clearwater Florida, and Wesley Chapel Florida I have had no success when looking for merchandise pertaining to collectors merchandise including the following. From a Collectors stand point this is unacceptable that A Big Company such as Toys r Us cant even keep enough stock in of any of these Items. From a Stand point of going in the store I have also gotten wind of certain stores and the managers in those stores are holding items for themselves or specific customers and it never reaches the store shelves. Again this is also unacceptable as a customer never even gets the chance to purchase any of the items they are looking for. The toys r us in this area basically does the Collectors NO FAVORS What so Ever. They only restock the baby toys and never COLLECTORS Toys. IT is also pretty sad when the same item is available online but Toys r us Wont ship to PO Box's.

THE FOLLOWING COLLECTORS ITEMS ARE NEVER IN STOCK:

* Star Wars Black Series both 3 3/4 figures and 6 inch figures
*Star Wars Saga Legends 3 3/4 figures both mission series and rebels series & single's
*Marvel Legends 6 inch Figures
*All Neca Products which includes ( Predator, Alien, Terminator and Horror Movie Figures )
* WWE Figures

Upvote (0)

Toys-R-us NOT wouldn't validate cards given as a gift because I did not have a gift receipt. Totally, unacceptable two $25.00 cards. When these cards were bought they were scanned and there should be a record of that charge or purchase that can be trackable only by Toysrus. how can I do that ... I can't that's why I reached out to Corporate offices. NO HELP, hey get paid to read a script to you! Had wait over a month for a cell back after making TWO phone-calls. $50.00 lining pockets of a wealthy corporation. WRONG!, Cancelling my Toysrus card and boycotting them. Gift cards only from Target from here on now! Never shopping at toysrus again!

Upvote (0)

Hi after i made a complaint about the toys r us click n collect selling me a toy that they did not even stock in store (leappad 1)as i was on my way to collect it they rang me and told me they dont stock this toy anymore told me i had to buy the new model which was twice the price. I then made my complaint to toys r us and had a call from the complaints department of which they said they were sorry about what happened and would compensate me for this by giving me vouchers, this was now a month ago and still no vouchers. Hope to here from someone soon or i may have to take this to the consumers rights department as i still have confirmation emails and the click and collect number for the item they gave me for the item they did not have i believe this was false advertising. Thank you for time.

Upvote (0)

I showed up at one of the Toys R Us stores in Waterbury, ct at 10:30pm to wait for the midnight sale to find out that all midnight sales started at 8pm. The flyer said the sales started at midnight so I am very upset to find out that people were able to shop the midnight sales at 8pm. There were several items I wanted to get my children that I couldn't get because they sold out by te time I got there at 10:30. This is extremely unfair and false advertisement.

Upvote (0)

My daugher was home visiting so we decided to go shopping for Christmas presents for my grandchildren. The shopping experience was ok but checkout was frustrating. We were on linited time. Two registers were open. I am a very patient person but when we got in line the person in front of us had many coupons (which is great) but when she presented them to the cashier (afer she took off a gift card) she realized it couldn't be done. She had to call the manager,who was busy. He cancelled the transaction. She had to start over (she had lots of idems ). I went to the retun cashier and waited (he had to help again with another register) and finally Iwent to yet another register. As I am in line, the register froze up (a manager had to be called) , they r booted the register, reentered the items and finally finished the transaction. Finally it was my turn. Luckily no problems. I was fianally leaving the store afer standing in line atleast 40 minutes. The same time the first lady I was behind was leaving. If my daughter wasn't with me I would have walked out. I will not go in that store for anymore Christmas gifts. I was shopping at the Toysrus in Canton, Ohio. My daugher did say all Toysrus's are like that . What a shame !

Upvote (0)

Went to the Harrisburg,pa store on 13 November 2012. The store itself was dirty,goods on shelves was arranged poorly and in some cases the packaging was torn,broken open and /or damaged. At the check out counter ,after waiting 15 minutes to check out a sales clerk rather rudely told us to go from the customer service desk to a check out counter where there was no clerk to check us out. I will not be back to any toys r us store even though that is where we buy grand children christmas gifts. I am sure we can find another company that wants our business and shows it in a professional manner

Upvote (0)

I went to pick up my 'In store pick-up' order at the Summit - Hwy 280 Toys R Us store #9009 and picked up an additional item for a friends daughter. I tried to use this coupon on 12/21/12 around 7pm cst which is the same day I received this exclusive coupon. I was told this coupon was already used. I was totally embarrassed because the girl at the Customer Service register made me feel like I was lying.

She even asked another women about it and she whispered I told that lady she already used it. This was the Friday before Christmas so of course there were people around to hear it. I said ok and still made the purchase without the coupon instead of making a scene but I was really upset. The only previous attempt when I tried to use the coupon was when I purchased my online order #8668234678 but it didn't take which I figured it was because I received $25 off for purchase over $100 in Legos.

So that's why I tried to use it in the store. Please look at my membership # 2100049442392 and notice how much is spent at Toys r us. My family and I are loyal customers but this has really given me some second thoughts. I'm requesting for some type of reimbursement/credit (not another coupon) for not being able to use this Tower coupon # 04100616793956914941 as well as the embarrassment for how I was treated by your sales associate in front of other customers.

In store receipt information:
barcode - 559009994406235601, 9009/99 4406:4 1855762 122112 7:43pm

Emailed coupon information:
From: Toys R Us Towers
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 1:14 AM
Subject: Your Toys''R''Us Towers Coupon is Here!

Upvote (0)

I put the Loving Family Deluxe Edition Grand Dollhouse on Layaway back in September. I made every payment on time and today went in to make my final payment and pick up the dollhouse. I stood in line for an hour just to make my final payment. The service is very slow and the employees are more interested in their cell phones and joking around with other employees than taking care of the customers. After I make my payment, I waited again for another 30 minutes for them to bring out my layaway items. They bring out the accessories but didn't bring the dollhouse. The manager came out and told me they can't find it. They said they did everything they could to try to find the dollhouse but there is nothing else they could do. It is completely unacceptable this happened. I put that specific dollhouse on layaway because it was the one I wanted. I have never seen a store that is that incompetent and not care about the customers. I ended up going to Walmart and Amazon.com to find something similar to what I had. But the fact that Toys-R-Us loses the dollhouse I had on layaway and then doesn't care really shows what a horrible business it is. I will never shop there again.

Upvote (0)

On Sunday, October 28, 2012, at approximately 4:00 pm, My wife two daughters and I walked into the Toys R Us Store located in Riverside California to register my wife into the stores data base system because she is going to have a babby. When we walked into the back to register and after contacting several of the store employees. none of the employees knew how to work the scaner machine so my wife could walk around the store and scan the stores items. We waited for about 15 minutes for the employees to figure out what to do. Then we told them we were going some where else. While we were walking away from the registration area. All of the employees a balck female, a hispanic female and a hispanic male all started to giggle and laugh at us while we walked away. When we got to the front of the store. I contacted the male hispanic employee and asked him if I could talk to a manager. He attempted to call a manager via his hand held radio. The manager told him he was at lunch and the other manager wasnt responding to his radio. After waiting for about approximately 10 minutes. I told him I would file the complaint with the cooperate headquarters. The employee told me "I dont care, do what ever you have to do". Then I left. Your employees at the Riverside store are very unprofessional, have poor tact and poor judgement. I cant believe how my wife and I were treated. My wife and I will never shop at that store again. Your employees also need to be trained on how to use the stores equipment and the manager should have come out when I wanted to file a complaint in reference to their employees attitudes. I would like to be contacted at: 951-526-6721. Thank You.

Upvote (0)

Situation: Ordered something online from ToysRUS, tried to pay for it at store and cashier who turned out to be supervisor cancelled my order called the 1-800 # to complain they reinstated my order and said I could go back to pay at the store, which I said I would go pay for at a different store, I get home and log on to my ToysRUS account and it is under a different name (68 yr old woman in Indiana...I live in TX) called customer service again now I am getting emails from ToysRUS with this womans orders and her name and address and part of her credit card info....ToysRUS says it is a internal problem and they will take care of it....I have received 2 more emails for acknowledgement and confirmation of another order she placed. ToysRUS has offered to give me a $10 gift card for inconvenience,I am still receiving emails for her orders I no longer feel $10 is worth my incovenience and now I am worried that my personal information might now be accessible to this other woman, especially my credit card info?

Upvote (0)

my family has had a toys r us account and rewards for almost two years now. No one at customer service can tell me how to access my rewards or where my rewards have been for the past two years. My password will not be accepted to the rewards site despite resetting it. I can order all the items I want to but never get rewards or access to rewards.

The customer service reps put you on hold alot for no reason and make you verify information to waste time. The woman was ignorant and routinely was silent on the phone for no reason. I don't believe that a 40 minute hold time followed up by horrible service personell with no anwsers or willingness to find them should work there. It is almost a waste of time to try. I hope this site proves helpful.

Upvote (0)

I bought 2 Tabeo tablets from Toys R Us in November for Christmas gifts on Christmas eve I opened the tablets and attempted to charge them and set them up to give the next day. The tablets are defective and wouldn't charge I couldnt unplug them from the wall outlet let alone give them as gifts. I called Toys R Us corporate office and spoke to 2 members the first gave me the number to Tabeo and said that they could help me, I called Tabeo support and spoke to 2 peopl there who said that the products were defective and that I should return them because when charging they should hold a steady red light not the blue light the tablets projected. I then again called Toys R Us because thats what its says online to do before returning defective or broken merchandise. I spoke to another service rep who told me that I could return the items in the store with a receipt and gave me a confirmation # that was a record of our conversation. I told the representative that I would be going to a store on Wednesday to return the items, when I got to the store I was told by an employee that electronics couldnt be returned if they were open and I then asked how was I suppose to know that the items were defective if I didnt open them and no one could give me an answer, I then asked about exchanging the items and they said they didnt have them and that they didnt know when they would be in, I then asked about getting different tablets and paying the difference for better items because I had read the reviews for the Tabeo tablet online and that the item seemed to be defective and not really worth the $150 retail price and again I was told no. I asked to speak with the manager who was the rudest of them all and not helpful at all she then told me that I should just go to a couple more stores and see if they have them I then asked her why should I the customer be inconvenienced and have to go anywhere else and the manager walked away. I then proceeded to call the corporate office and speak to 4 different people who were of no help and couldnt tell be why they cant stand by what their employees tell people because I was originally told on Christmas even night that the items could be returned with the receipt. I left the store on Aramingo avenue in Philadelphia with the name of the employees and the badge # of the person I spoke to in corporate because they were all so rude and provided the worst customer service I have ever received in my whole life. The police were called to the store and the employees actually lied and told the police that I was in the store yelling and cursing which was competely untrue as I was in the store more than 2 hours and I told the police if I was causing such a scene in the store why hadnt they called the police earlier. I spoke with the police before leaving the store and they agreed with me the customer because the return policy is so unreasonable received a DC# to file a complaint with small claims courts because the amount in question is almost $400.00. After leaving the store I called the corporate # again and spoke to a very nice young lady who said that she didnt see any reason as to why the store wouldnt return my items if I had the receipt she then went so far as to call another store and speak to the manager who said he would return my items if I had the receipt his reason being that they were Christmas gifts and that we wouldnt know that they were defective unless they were opened.

Upvote (0)

Is it common practice for your employees to lie through their teeth when it comes to hiring Team Members?

I worked for the "R" Us company from early September until Early January. Kathy from HR told us during orientation that we do not have to worry about our positions being seasonal, that only Toys"R"Us does not, when Babies"R"Us hires It's for Part-Time/Full-Time.

While working here I provided the best service I could to both the Company, and the customers. I quickly learned of all products in the store, was extremely courteous to everyone, fast and efficient. I tried to prove myself, to earn more hours and to show that I want to continue working here.

I would also like it noted that I live in NorthEast Maryland, I drove from my house to Work every day I was scheduled, Or called in to help. 20 Miles There and back in a vehicle that does not get good gas mileage for a mere 4 hours each day, Totaling 12 hours a week at most for the little 8.50/h pay.

Other employees were saying this is not worth it at all, but I continued to show up and do my job, going above and beyond, in anticipation of the extra hours, and chance to rise in position, as told to us in Orientation.

However, I was let go. Nobody in the store had the audacity to call me and inform me of why I was no longer receiving hours. It was two weeks, of which I was sitting home with nothing to do, waiting til the next week neared so I could check my schedule.

Nobody told me I was let go, Nobody told me a thing. I then called the manager just yesterday (1/10/13) and was informed that I was hired as Seasonal, and terminated as the Season was over.

I asked why Kathy had lied to us and told us the position was not Seasonal if it was, to which he responded "I don't know.".

I do not appreciate being lied to, and having false promises being dangled in front of me like such. I worked hard for the company, I wanted to continue working there, I enjoyed it. Instead of having yourself a great worker who did more than the current employees there, you now have an angry ex-employee who will never be going to your stores again due to your horrendous business practice.

Upvote (0)

On the 1/2/2013 I purchased a silver cross micro pushchair from toys r us purley branch. Almost after a few days of using this pushchair I noticed the left hand wheel wasn't touching the floor when pushing my 13 month old daughter, but to be honest this wasn't really a cause for concern.

On the 27/3/2013 my daughter was in her pushchair when I noticed she was rocking it from side to side, now this was a concern so yesterday the 30/3/2013 I returned back to Toys R Us store explaining the situation, a member of the baby department explained she would take it out the back and put some WD40 on the wheel to see if this would make a difference.. when she returned she explained that one of the bars on the side of pushchair was not straight..

I was horrified as my first thoughts was what if it had give way and my daughter was in it?? The Toys R Us advisor explained they would have to send the pushchair off to the silver cross to see if this is a manufacturers fault.. firstly how else would u explain this? Surely a child of 12months would not be able to cause such damage? But I do understand that you have to follow company procedures..

I asked what I would do without a pushchair and the advisor explained they could offer me a loan pushchair, at first I was a little reluctant as the thought of my baby using a pushchair tha t lots of other children as illnesses sprang to mind, so I asked to talk to the manager he assured me all loan pushchairs was cleaned when they returned back to store..

So I agreed that I would take one but when the advisor brought the pushchair out I was outraged at the poor condition of the dirty blue pushchair they had provided for my most precious baby, the dirt was engraved in the pale blue material.. It became very clear to me that this pushchair had been neglected and I would be very surprised if it had been cleaned ever..

The advisor first told me this was the only one available but when I asked to talk to a Toys R Us manager again she came back with a pale pink one that admittedly was better than blue pushchair but by know means suitable for a baby it still had dirt around edges of interior.. when I requested the manager again he told me there is nothing he can do as these are sent in by manufacture, why was I being handed a babies r us pram then?

When my pushchair was made by silver cross.. Im have been a loyal customer to toys r us for over 7 years, birthdays, Christmas, prams, pushchair.. I am disgusted at the poor quality of customer satisfaction and the standards of your customer care.

I had no choice to but to except the pink pushchair as Toys R Us said it would take up to 4-6 weeks. It has totally ruined my easter break as I was meant to be taking my family to Lego land but the dirty pushchair you have provided is now wet as I have had to clean it and my daughter needs a pushchair. I would appreciate to hear back from you..

Miss Natalie Kerry Watts

Upvote (0)

Ordered online to send gift off baby registry from babies r us, coupons you get in mail for 20percent off, etc, are only alllowed for in store use, unable to attend event, so babies r us makes you have to pay more for not alllowing coupon code for online purchases..then my 3 item gift. Is delivered in 2 parts on 2 different days to the recipient & my account from which I paid for it, is debited. All the amount then half is put back since half purchase was delivered, & so on, will probably take 7 days for account to finally get right

Just very disappointing, would certainly not recommend any online purchase from babies r us
wanted to make nice purchase for friend, & save some money seeing as I had the coupon in hand. Ready to go & I have no idea if the 2nd delivery even had a card, & for that matter even the 1st, hope they know who its from

Upvote (0)

My mother purchased a Nintendo 3DS game system from Toys R Us at the end of December for my daughter for Christmas. My mother leaves for Florida until March, so she purchases XMAs gifts early. My daughter opened up the system on Christmas morning and it did not recognize cartrige games. I went back to the Toys R us where it was purchased and was told I needed to either get a hard copy of the reciept or my mothers Rewards number so they can look it up electronically. This was the first week in January. The associate never brought up an issue with returns past 45 days or anything like that. I was told they would honor the return once a receipt of purchase was obtained. Went back a few days later with the rewards number. I was then told, they needed a hard copy of the receipt and could not only use the rewards card number. This was a different associate who now tells another story. I then call my mother and have her FedEx the receipt to me from Florida. The following week go back to the store for a third time and am told they cant return it because it is past the 45 days return policy.!!!! They were the ones who made it go past the 45 days beciause of the running around and miscommunication. I then was told to go through the Nintendo manufacturer and have it replaced. I spent 2 hours on the phone with someone from nintendo who just told me to return it in store. So, for a fouth time I go to Toys R us and relay this information to a manager who says that his sales people should have told me about the treturn policy on the first trip back in January. It is now mid February and I am still being given a hard time because of sales people incompetency and a managers inability to take responsibilty for ignorant sales associates. I am going to call customer service/headquarters and lodge an actual complaint as well.

Upvote (0)

About a week before Christmas We purchased a Tabeo tablet for my daughter, with the extended warranty. About two weeks later we returned it because the touch screen would not work at all. All the employees including a manager said that several had been returned and it was not a good product BUT my daughter loved it so much so we exchanged it. NOT even a week later this one went bad as well and they gave us a Lexi book which lasted for a...about 2 months. I am sending this complaint because I have purchased the warranty and now nothing can be done which is ridiculous! How can you spend so much money somewhere for the customer service to be so poor and Toys R us is obviously standing behind both products because they are both still on the shelf! Never again.

Upvote (0)

My son and his friends tried to enter the store to shop for a younger siblings birthday present and were immediately denied access. They were asked to present valid ID above 18 years of age, or be accompanied by a guardian. They respectivley questioned the rules set by the employee Miguel and he repeated "It's private property, get out."
I feel that this is a major fault with the toys r us coorperation and its employees and I will ensure thy neither I nor any of my friends or relatives ever waste their valuable time or money at such a pathetic establishment.

Upvote (0)

The R Us company is a heartless company. The employees are paid next to nothing and there is nothing but bias and hypocrisy for the people who work there. I've been in many times and I know an employee at the Ohio location Babies R Us and what I've witnessed and heard is ridiculous. They start their employees out at minimum wage no matter how much experience they have and work them like dogs. They are hired to believe they are in one designated position and have one employee working 3 department's at once. Those who work hard are still never recognized for their efforts. There are managers who verbally insult employees to guests or reprimandthem across the front of the sales floor, and people are chosen for positions based off of popularity. They claim to have a no retaliation policy but it's not followed. Employees walk out or threaten to walk out daily due to poor treatment. I've been personally talked down to by staff members of management and when I state I will file a complaint I am laughed at because there's nothing I could do to make a difference. This company is sick for how it treats its guests but I honestly feel worse for anyone holding a job there. I'll travel for the competition.

Upvote (0)

I went to pick up my layaway and was told it would be an hour wait..unexceptable!!!
After 2 1/2 hours later they gave me my items. The police was called because they lost a customer items . It was
Horrible very unorganized and the manager did NOTHING!!!!!
I work in customer service and know that this situation was unexceptable!!
EVERYONE IN THIS STORE WAS BEYOND ANGRY!!...The police were even called!
I called corporate to complaint twice and all that was said to me
Was I will receive a call back. Never again will i shop at toysrus in matteson.il again..
12/14/12
Matteson il store on lincoln highway and cicero

Upvote (0)

I have gotten misinformation from sales associates and managers from Toys r Us twice within the past 3 weeks, especially on Black Friday this week. The first time a sales associate told me that a Nintendo 3DS game would fit into a regular DS game. The store allowed me to return the item because of the misinformation. The second time was I was purchasing a Highlanders Giant for my son. I came to know that the ones I got were for the Wii U so i returned them unopened and a with a receipt.

The sales person and a manager both said that they would work on both the Wii and Wii U. I asked if they were sure if they were compatible and they both said yes. My son then opened them and tried them on the Wii portal and like I thought did not work. I was not happy that now I am out the money I used to pay for this item and my son is now very dissappointed with their after thanksgiving sales. I am really disappointed that a store associate who works in taking returns and managers would be more knowledgeable and make sure to give factual information to the consumers.

Upvote (0)

We purchased two of the same item at $17.99. One was discounted by 50%; the other charged full price but under the item a notation was made as 50% off item but shown as 17.99-0.00 and yet specified a refund price of $14.21. We were charged the full $17.99 and when we went back to the store to complain, not even the manager could understand what was happening. They only would process a $9.00 refund; yet we paid tax on the $17.99! Another item was charged at $23.99 but again a notation was made as 50% off but shown as 23.99 -0.00 with a refund price of $18.84. This they refused to do anything about it...didn't even understand their computer or what happened or why tax should be refunded...not even the store manager. This is not about .63 in tax on the first item or even about a discount on the 2nd item, it is about principles!Like Bill Clinton said, just do the math; well, don't ask Toys R Us people for that...they don't even get the basics. No wonder company isn't doing well.

Upvote (0)

I bought a bed online from Toys R Us in January. Ref. #130116-006616. I paid $342.72 for the bed, tax and shipping. When we assembled the bed, a railing was cracked and one of the screw holes didn't line up. I called customer service about returning the item. They said to get full credit I would have to return it to them, not a store. If I paid shipping they would reimburse me, (save the receipt) or they would email me a shipping label. I went to UPS to send the bed back. There were two boxes and only one label. UPS required two. Remembering what I was told by Toys r us, and not wanting to take the bed back home, get a label, and bring it back again, I paid out of pocket for the second box. When I did get home I called Toys R us and they gave me a fax number to send over the receipt and said there was no problem. This was Jan. 28. The two boxes were received at Toys R us on Feb. 1. I faxed over the receipt on Feb. 6. When my refund came through, it was for $275.39. The original cost of the bed and tax. Not the original shipping or the return shipping. (both total $135.20) I called Toys R us again on Feb. 15. I spoke with Hector and was transferred to Tanya. Tanya (Tangane?) told me there was no problem and she would submit the request right away. Great. Or so I thought. On Feb. 25, I called to check on the status of my refund. I spoke with Hector again. (same person I don't know) He told me to wait another 7-10 days. I said no, I wanted to speak with someone as to why this was taking so long. Eventually he transferred me to corporate and after much struggle (and a very long wait time) I spoke with Sebrina. She told me they were not going to reimburse me for the $67.87 for my return shipping. That I should have called them and they would have sent a label to UPS. (really? hadn't I already called and was told something different? And do they really expect me to call them while I am at the UPS store with 3 little kids and try to figure this out? It was easier to pay it and be reimbursed for it, as I was previously told) She told me no, that they weren't responsible and that whoever told me I'd be reimbursed was wrong. I asked her then why did they have me fax everything over to get reimbursed in the first place? And why should I be responsible for ANY shipping charges if the item was DEFECTIVE? (I do admit at this point I was losing a bit of control. I had been on the phone for 45 minutes with no success, this after calling in Jan, and multiple times in Feb. to follow up, which if things worked the way they were supposed to I wouldn't have had to do in the first place) She was no help, and very rude. She kept cutting me off and not letting me finish what I was saying, and insinuating that all this was my fault. If the conversation is recorded, please listen. At one point, being completely fed up, I did mention a lawyer, I mean what else should I do? She was no help at all. When I asked to speak to someone above her she said there was 'no one above her', and if I wanted to speak to someone else I should hang up and call back. Really? I was just on hold and on the phone for pushing 45-55 minutes. She was really telling me to call back and start all over again? I have 3 kids and homeschool and don't have time to be on the phone all day and be treated with such disrespect. Eventually she did transfer me, but to a store. She knew they couldn't help me and I believe this was her way of belittling me and frustrating me further. What kind of customer service is that? I'd like to file a complaint against her for her poor customer service and bad attitude. And I'd like some resolution to this. I am now being told, (by someone actually nice, Eric) that my request is being 'elevated', whatever that means.

I am a resonable person, but really don't appreciate the treatment I am receiving from Toys R us. Please feel free to call or email me.

Susan Martinez
619/861-7559

Upvote (0)

I came in to toys r us on Saturday and bought a dress there for my daughter. The problem is that I live an hour away and the tag that makes the alarms go off was left on it. Of course it didn't make the alarm go off when we left. Just wanted to let you know how much of an inconvenience this is because now she can't wear her dress until I can get up there for the security tag to be removed. I am a working mother and can't just run to Johnson City any time I want. Thank you for your time.

Upvote (0)

I phoned u today about my pushchair then I pick it up cos I got told they have giVen me a new seat but I have got home to find out that tthere is a botton missing that you use to take the bar out to make it easyer to put ur child in so I want to know what you are going to do about it

Contact the Toys R Us Complaint Department