Toys R Us

Most Popular Complaint about Toys R Us

Posted by Complaints Department on Dec 25, 2012
Customer Rating

I purchased a Barbie Townhouse on November 2, 2012 for my daughter for Christmas at the Mays Landing Toys R Us. On Christmas Eve we had taken out to put it together and it was crushed. Today, I had taken it back and a lady by the name Joy waited on me. She was so rude and said they did not have another one in stock. She said I could order it on line but would not get the purchase price. I asked to speak to a manager but she was not willing to help me either. I am very disappointed with the customer service. I have purchased over $1000.00 in toys for Christmas and was treated very poorly.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Toys R Us provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Toys R Us?

2.13 out of 5

Website

www.toysrus.com

More Toys R Us Complaints

Customer Rating

I am so upset. I bought gifts at toys r us for all the kids in my family. We have a tradition every year on christmas eve we wait till after 12 and then start opening up gifts. I have 2 sons which I also bought gifts for. In this event when my youngest son opened his gift and this being his first christmas. There was parts missing in the box. I think this is pethetic. And all toys should be checked before packed. It was a emmbarisment for me cause my son was crying all night. While all the kids were playing with there gifts he could not play with his lamboginicar cause there was no steering wheel. I’m so upset about this an nothing will be able to bring back christmas day I really feel to take this further. Fernando 0794820939

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Purchased a infant car seat for grand daughter, was currently using this device until I ca,e upon a recall from transport Canada. Contacted toys r us to inform them , they said they know nothing about it. Proceeded to give them recall info from transport Canada and they told me to stop using car seat and nothing they could do as purchase was longer then 45 days. As a retailer they should work hand in hand with supplier to ratify recall, as supplier is now stopping the making of car seats as it to expensive, what about all the people who are now out $200.00 plus they paid for Lamaze infant car seats.

Supplier is only offering giftcards to website, by the way which no longer is selling car seats , so what good is this to all the customers who purchased this item!! Also do not inform customers of recalls, which in turn puts the infants all at risk using an unsafe car seat. VERY DISGUSTED with toys r us with handling this problem

Customer Rating

3/21/13 3:30 pm went to Sandusky, Ohio Toys R Us. Attempted to make a purchase w a gift card from a December 2012 purchase. Apparently gift card expired on 2/20. I was not told w original purchase that gift card had an expiration date. Male manager on duty could only say, Sorry. I called 1 800-869-7787. Spoke w Ashley.

Again all she could say is sorry and she was sending my Toys R Us complaint in. Never took any contact information from me. Therefore since Toys R Us managers and customer service staff to not really care about fixing problems that customers have, I will do my business else where.

Many stores, like Walmart, price match ads. I can take my Toys R Us ad to Walmart and get same price. Glad to know the a $20 gift card is worth losing my business for the rest of my life. I will be sure to notify my entire family.

Customer Rating

I purchased $275.00 worth of merchandise from Toys R Us in Bridgeport, WV, on December 22, 2012. I returned about 30 minutes later to bring to the managers attention a discount that was left off my bill due to buying two of a certain item. I received a receipt crediting my debit card $42.40. I have never received that credit to my bank account. I called and a lady told me 7-10 business days. It is now January 11, 2013.

I have not received my credit to date. I called again, and another lady informed me, it can take 30 days, and I need to go to my bank to fill out a form and they should give me my money back while they wait for Toys R us to credit them. So which is it 7-10 days or 30 days? This is not right. I received a credit to my account and I have to go to the bank and request paperwork to get my own money. How is this my problem or responsibility. I also received a $36.00 over draft fee for not having that money in my account.

It was Christmas and I had my account figured out to the penny. So Toys R Us has now cost me $78.40. I shop at Toys R us often and cannot believe that my money was stolen from me, and now I am told I have to go to my bank and make special arrangements to get it back? So then I owe the bank when I may not get reimbursed? I have a reference number 121227-004624. I have a job, I work for my money, in this day and age $78.00 is a lot to me. I will never shop at a Toys R Us store again. This was not a credit card purchase. This was my bank account.

Customer Rating

I brought my son a child tablet for Christmas with it I purchased insurance cover , within a week the tablet stopped working and would not turn on , today I have taken this back to toys r us in Coventry and have been told that there is none in stock for it to be replaced and we would have to return at the end of the month to see if they are going to get any more in stock , I am appalled at the service I have received and my son is now without his main Christmas present that he looked forward to getting for ages , I would like my item replaced asap as I have paid for replacement cover .

Customer Rating

On Thursday January 3,2013 I went to 2875 Flatbush ave Brooklyn n.y 11234 (6308) toys r us to return a scooter bought for my 2 year old as a Christmas gift. Upon my arrival I scanned the scooter to see how much it cost $42.99 I pick up another scooter age appropriate for my son I saw one for $56, at the register I was told by Theresa that I would only get $19 for my return because I did not have a receipt. I proceeded to call my cousin who provided me with the gift receipt number by this time Theresa already threw the box with the old scooter back on the counter and ripped the box apart telling me I need to move so she can take her next customer. I refused and asked her can I use the receipt number I asked her 3 times and she ignored me the last time telling me she was done dealing with me. When I asked for a manager she told me she was the manager, when I started to ask what was her problem and was causing a scene she took the paper with the receipt number on it then said ” now your gonna wait I’m not helping you” she called Brent another manager who assisted me the whole time Theresa and I were going back and forth with each other. Theresa is in no shape or form fit to be working in a place where people bring their children looking for great service, she has absolutely the worst customer service skills ever in man kind and needs to be retrained.

Customer Rating

Recently I had a coupon for $8 of any box of diapers over 88 count I was not allowed to use it because the register at the desk would not take coupon. Classic case of toys r us making coupons you can’t use. They stated that this was the only box I could use the coupon on because it was a tote an not a box. This is false advertising. Don’t use the word “any” box if its not any box. The staff was rude an unfriendly at the shackelford crossing toys r us.

Customer Rating

A purchase was made during a sale promotion of video games at which time at the register the item did not ring up correctly. I went over to the customer service line and waited in line to speak with the manager about the situation. She stated the item was not on sale so I showed her the signs where it said they were on sale and she states that is a mistake and does not want to give me the sale price. In the end I am given the sale price, however she tells me that I have to wait at the end of the line again to receive her assistance which I did not understand. She stated that the people in line now would not appreciate her going to the register to refund me the difference when they have been standing in line for so long. Now I have already been in one line to purchase this item, and another line to work out this issue. She wants me to go to the end of the line again to receive the refund. REALLY!! So I go ahead and go to the end of the line but I am not at all happy about this situation as everyone there could see that she was in the process of assisting me when we came back to the register. Now unfortunatly the game that I purchased was I and not II so I had to return the first to get the second. But it was in my mind because it had not been open and it was the same game and the same price and I had the reciept that it would be and exact exchange. It was not! She said that it should not have been on sale and charged us the 8.00 difference. Now it is not the money that is so frustrating about this whole issue. It is the attitude of the manager. She is very young and immature and I do not feel that she has the people skills that it takes to be an effective manager. I feel bad that her communication skills are so poor. I would love to see this letter be of benefit in improving her ability to communicate with others so that more people do not have to go through these problems. Thank you for your time.

Customer Rating

I placed an order to purchase a gift for my son after Christmas. I was offered in the details free 2 day shipping as long as I spent $60. So I went a head and chose that option on 12/28/12. Today is 1/2/13 and the toy as yet to be even sent out from the warehouse. I contacted the customer service department to find out what was going on and the rep. told me some story about I had to be part of some club to get that free 2 shipping. I will never order anything online from Toy R Us as long as I live and breath and that is a promise I plain on keeping!!!!!!!!

Customer Rating

On 12[20/2012 I purchased a Glow Book for $27.99 and at 1/2 price a Cinderella Glow Board for $9.99..after the fact realizing that the Glow Book was for a boy and I have have a girl..took it back on 12/30/2012..told the lady I wanted a refund she gave me back $22.15…when I asked her why she said thatf’s what your refund is and it is on the receipt..I said but I paid full price for this and should receive full price back..I said it doesn’t say anything about restocking fee..she said o well it is what it is…I would like to have the rest of my refund of $5.38 returned..I think that is ridiculous..at other stores you get a full refund. If this is the kind of business Toys R Us is I may not shop there anymore and could also let my friends via facebook know..that is the best way to get a complaint out there..however I would not like to do this if this is handled properly.

Thank you for your time and attention in this matter.

Customer Rating

Thought this would be the happiest place in the world to work,boy was I wrong! Was informed on December 24 at 6am that the night shift I just worked was my last along with several other seasonal employees. Was told could pick up last check on December 28th as that was when regular payroll went out. So waited till December 28th to pick up pay check and was shorted 19 hours. Was told that maybe by Monday or Tuesday they could get a check to me. I of course told them it was unacceptable and was told to call them back then maybe the next day (They had to send an email to someone to know what to do). Toys R US scrooged it Seasonal Employees of there right wages!

Customer Rating

I shop at the Florence, KY Toys R Us and have ever since they opened.
I have never had a complaint until now.
Long story short, I put a layaway together and when I went to pick it up, I was given the run around.
I was never told the truth and the lay a way was never produced and I spent a total of 6 hours putting the lay a way together and trying to pick it up.
My niece was very disappointed that she did not get what she asked for.
I am very disappointed with this store. On top of that this store is getting filthy!
I feel like I am due some recompense for having had this done to me.
Jacquie Rhodes – 859 802-4584

Customer Rating

Hello, My name is Claudia, I worked like stocker because they contract me first like Cashier, didnt do training in register just watch the other did. Then they wanted to be at register and I didnt know how to do some functions, because they didnt explain. then put me a stocker all the times. One day call me at put me at register because need me, just once in almost two months, I worked like seasonal make sign a contract at beginning. then the old employees give me a bad treatment not just me all seasonal they make us worked like robots and they just pass at register, or giving orders to us. I worked at Toysrus Montgomery County in 600 North Frederick Ave, Gaithersburg, Md 20877, like seasonal. older The employes gave a bad treatments somes names are: Mike called miami, Raquel, Raquia, Linda, and all cashiers who always are in front desk in Costumer Service. A friend told me that a employee Mike called miami was molester her,suggest her bad sexual treats with her. Raquel called thief and never miss a dollar in the register.
Thank you for receive my letter. And know all iregularities happens in that toys rus.

Customer Rating

I called the Tuscaloosa Toys R Us twice and was hung up on both times. Then I called back and told they had the game but to hold on again. I was on hold till I drove there. And was told to come to customer service desk but again to hold on. In this time I drove there and went in the store and spoke to the customer service person who sent me to another person who went in a office with Blacked out glass and would not come out. The a guy who was bringing in carts told me they didn’t have the game after all. If this is what you call good service you will not last very long. I guess will be a Christmas to remember for all the wrong reasons. Maybe one day I will get a call from someone with a honest answer. My # is 205-246-6572. Maybe you will have a great Christmas but my daughter won’t .

Customer Rating

I used to work at Babies R Us. I have proof that the rewards card is a scam. Here’s my story: When I worked at Babies R Us I was a cashier. As a cashier working at Babies R Us or the Toys R Us Corporation, you’re metrics DEFINE you. Meaning: you don’t mean shit to them unless you sign up a lot of rewards cards and sell Buyer Protection Plans (BBPs). There was a lot of pressure, and I admitt, I took the easy way out. If a customer did not want to sign up for a rewards card, I would sometimes put it under my boyfriends rewards card number.

This wasn’t so he or I could take advantage of the coupons that were (SUPPOSED!) to come in the mail. We don’t have kids so they were useless to us. I simply wanted to keep metrics up so my managers would get off my back. Well this is considered “cheating”. Whatever. So I ended up getting terminated. So here’s my point: When douchlord from Corporate was going through my transactions, he told me he found my boyfriend’s rewards card number attached to over 100 transactions. 100 transactions should of equaled a lot of R’US dollars right? You would think so since you supposedly get back 5 R’US dollars for every $150 dollars you spend.

Well let me tell you, he’s gotten ONE $5 R’US rewards coupon ONCE, while if my math is correct, the system should of sent him MUCH more than that. How funny is it that he was trying to make me look like a cheating fool, while his whole company is based on lies! The rewards card is a scam and that’s that. It’s just a way to try to make the company look good. Did you know that they take a two month break around the holidays? Cause they know that’s when they get the most business and they don’t wanna lose any money.

p.s.: BBP’s are the biggest scam of them all. I feel bad for selling them to people (sorry to all), but I had to. So many customers would complain to me about how difficult it is to get a replacement for their item. Anyone looking for a job out there, I recommend you don’t go to Babies R Us OR Toys R Us.

Customer Rating

Toys R Us had a promo going about giving back 10% in rewards up to $50. I had eligible purchases and was entitled to get the $50 cash back. I read up on the rewards program and saw it could take 8-12 weeks to receive rewards. I waited and waited thinking ok it hasn’t been 12 weeks yet. Finally when the 12 weeks cam I finally called. Unfortunately, Toys R Us decided to switch their procedures during this time. Rewards were never mailed, nor was their a notice saying that they wouldn’t get mailed out. I’ve had my rewards for years and since then have changed my email.

I guess my bad but I never got any notice anyway, or else I would have double-checked my email by Toys R Us calling customer service! Anyway, they sent these “certificates” through email, within about 4 weeks time frame and they expired January 31, 2011. Way before I even called…because I gave them a chance to send them before the 8-12 weeks. Guess I should have called the same day I made my purchases to bug them about my certificates! I submit a case to Toys R Us corporate and they said, sorry but there is nothing they can do.

BULLSH*T! After that, she informed me that after that they are now going back to mailing them out through the USPS. Gee I wonder why…Toys R Us is so shady, I will never shop there again!!! I will be contacting everyone at their corporate offices!!!

Customer Rating

it is my daughters birthday tomorrow (sunday 6th of feb) and i went to toy “r” us to get her a bike today, we got it home assembled it adjust everything only to find the front tire had a puncture FROM NEW. We tried to fix it but because it is on the seam and crease it is not fixable. When i rang toys r us to complain they told me the only thing they could do is post me another one on Monday and i would receive this by next Wednesday. I don’t have the transport to get back to sheffield that night and had organized a party on the Sunday.

Toys r us also told me that because things are ordered in and come boxed they do not check to see if it is in working order as I asked why it was sold like that. I find the completely unacceptable, not only have i got nothing to give my daughter on her birthday now but they don’t check the toys are in working order before selling them to children.

Customer Rating

Toys R Us don’t know a good employee when they see one and completely miss the slackers!!! Our job was to collect product left laying around and put them back on their shelves. My co-worker walked right past the products on the shelf, without placing the product in her cart where it went. I asked her why and she said, “it’s not my isle.” She took that item back to the front of the store and put it in the sorting boxes so someone else could go back to that isle and put it away. But she still had a job when I left. My co-workers also got away with reading books, talking on cells in the bathroom when they were supposed to stay in lockers, but I WAS ACCUSED of stealing company time for medicine!

Customer Rating

A family member had a bay shower/bday party, and had many items to return. The family member had a return that totaled 318.00, the money was not on the gift card that was given to him by the toys r us employee. We have been calling constantly since Nov 28, 2014 about this and we have not heard from any one and we have not received a refund.

Customer Rating

I waited in line about 45 minutes for the 1 person ahead of me. Toys r us employee did not greet me , just rang up my 3 items and told me the total I handed her a gift card and some change for the difference. She told me then "oh your paying with that", in a very condescending tone. I said yes I am. The manager then approached the counter to look at something from the person before me. She then said our system is down I cant accept the gift card, and started tapping it on the counter. I said ok how long is it going to be down, ill wait. She said its been down for over 20 minutes it will probably be down all night and continued to tap the card on the counter at me. I said if you think that's going to get me to pay cash instead of the gift card its not happening.

The manger turned and yelled at me and said "its not our fault the systems down! I said well how is it my fault then continued to yell. Have a nice night mam, hav a nice night mam to get me and all the other people behind me to leave the store. Well done you poor excuse for a manager. I found my purchase on AMAZON for over 35% less with free shipping. Even selling my Toys r us gift card for 20% less than its value I can still get my purchase cheaper on Amazon. Why would anyone shop at your over priced store with horrible service. Just because people come into your store from the gym, does not mean they are not business owners, who know how to run a business 10 times better then that poor excuse of a manager. THe manager could have suspended the transaction, called and verified the card value like I did, since I was using the entire card there was no reason to YELL or refuse my purchase. Keep you overpriced items Toys R US! will never be back.

Companies Like Toys R Us

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!