Customer Satisfaction Results

Toys R Us

Complaint Department

Filed by Complaints Department on Dec 25, 2012
Consumer Rating

I am so upset. I bought gifts at toys r us for all the kids in my family. We have a tradition every year on christmas eve we wait till after 12 and then start opening up gifts. I have 2 sons which I also bought gifts for. In this event when my youngest son opened his gift and this being his first christmas. There was parts missing in the box. I think this is pethetic. And all toys should be checked before packed. It was a emmbarisment for me cause my son was crying all night. While all the kids were playing with there gifts he could not play with his lamboginicar cause there was no steering wheel. I’m so upset about this an nothing will be able to bring back christmas day I really feel to take this further. Fernando 0794820939

4 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Toys R Us?

Compare Toys R Us to Similar Toy Stores more...

Toys R Us Customer Feedback Trending Now

125 Toys R Us consumers have created complaints against Toys R Us to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Toys R Us complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Toys R Us corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

I stopped in your Salisbury Maryland store location on 03/26/2015 to shop for our grandson, I walked that store 3 times in search of a employee to assist me. No body around, so I went to the customer service desk to inquire about a ninja turtle playset. The female at the desk was too BUSY TALKING WITH A MAN about what's been going on and totally ignored me so I finally said excuse me could you check and see if you have a product, she said no too quick and I knew I was interrupting her personal conversation. So I asked if she would please check the computer to see if any of the other toys r us might have it in stock and without hesitation she told me my best bet would be target and continued to ignore me !! So left your store, came home and called the store to get the District managers phone number and they wouldn't even give me the dm's name. (store manager was of no help when I called either) So I called and talked to somebody at I guess your cooperate office and a man named Red took my complaint and said the DM would be calling me I got a reference number of 150336-003211. And not surprised I've not heard from anybody from toys r us . We now have 4 grandchildren, I'm done with toysrus ! I work too hard for my money to spend at a business that can't return a call .

Consumer Rating

I called yesterday to find out what time the next wave of amiibos went on sale for preorder. You employee told me it started at 10am today. I just found out that the preorders started at 2am CDT. When I called toys r us all I got was a rude employee saying "its online only". I explained to him "I know its online only, but why did your employee tell me the preorders started at 10?" "sorry its online only" *hung up* This is the second time toys r us screwed me with these amiibo preorders. I had a big problem last time I tried to preorder the lucario amiino. I will never shop at toys r us again.

Consumer Rating

It has come to my attention that you are now selling a Quija Board, the packaging aimed for little girls. Apparently you do not know how dangerous the quija board is. It is NOT A TOY!!! It is EVIL!! By selling this you are putting children & families in danger. There are Many of us who will not shop in your stores or any stores that carry this item, until you take it from your shelves. If you really care about your customers, you would not continue to sell this in your stores. I pray you will make a wise choice & discontinue the quija board from your shelves forever....Ty

Consumer Rating

Introduced by my friend it was my very first visit to babies R Us . Excited i was due to the fact im going to be a grandmother for the first time and thought it to be a place of business i would return to for a long time. Its been far from that . I experienced the worst customer service ever. I was in the store for a good two hours and spent over $1,000. When i got home i realized i was missing 5 pairs of baby shoes that were bagged separately. I wasn't notified at all. The store had my information because i ordered a crib and received a rewards card that day. When i called to inform them i wasnt given the items purchased the response from the clerk that waited on me was a chuckle and " oh yea the bag is right here, i must have forgot to give it to you , and do you have your receipt? " I explain to her yes however i would need to send my sister with it due to my injuries from a car accident and not feeling well. She then said , " oh im gonna have to ask my manager if that's OK" . I said , really?

But im sending her with my receipt. " she said yea ill get back to you hold please.I couldn't believe she was going to put me on hold and discuss such a open and close situation when after just leaving the store and purchasing the amount i had with them. When she returned after leaving me on hold for well over five minutes i told her just that and that i would go in myself. As i arrived 30 min after the phone call i stood in line as the same girl that waited on me and confirmed on the phone it was her , walked by twice behind the register ignoring the fact i was there. I then related to someone else i needed to pick up some paid for items. It was only then then she decided to help me and retrieve the bag from an office. I left ,went home and decided id better look over my purchases. I came to the spa bath and noticed the tape on the bottom didn't look completely on the box. I then realized it had been opened and looked used by the water spots and scratched dirty surface.

I immediately called and was left on hold for ten minutes until after being transferred to the manager. She apologized and said to go in and they would have another ready. The next day i went in and the exchange. The following two days i received a call stating the crib I ordered was in. I called back to confirm why it couldn't be delivered and i was told it could but i would have to pay $100 to do that and additional $25 for every step after the first 6. I was almost considering but my brother in law said he would pick it up. The next day my family and i went back to the store and picked it up and i purchased another $260 of items. Oh the day i returned the bath i purchased $180 of baby items too. The following day after picking up the crib my brother in law noticed there was a crack in the wood if the crib and hole in the mattress i bought there too. My hands went up and i began to cry. My sister had to take it from there. We're still jumping through hoops to get my grand daughters space together and hoping it will get done before she arrives. We have one week left. I will never spend another dime at this business again

Consumer Rating

For the past two years shopping @toysrus in specifically in New Port Richey Florida, Clearwater Florida, and Wesley Chapel Florida I have had no success when looking for merchandise pertaining to collectors merchandise including the following. From a Collectors stand point this is unacceptable that A Big Company such as Toys r Us cant even keep enough stock in of any of these Items. From a Stand point of going in the store I have also gotten wind of certain stores and the managers in those stores are holding items for themselves or specific customers and it never reaches the store shelves. Again this is also unacceptable as a customer never even gets the chance to purchase any of the items they are looking for. The toys r us in this area basically does the Collectors NO FAVORS What so Ever. They only restock the baby toys and never COLLECTORS Toys. IT is also pretty sad when the same item is available online but Toys r us Wont ship to PO Box's.

THE FOLLOWING COLLECTORS ITEMS ARE NEVER IN STOCK:

* Star Wars Black Series both 3 3/4 figures and 6 inch figures
*Star Wars Saga Legends 3 3/4 figures both mission series and rebels series & single's
*Marvel Legends 6 inch Figures
*All Neca Products which includes ( Predator, Alien, Terminator and Horror Movie Figures )
* WWE Figures

Consumer Rating

2012 my last time Black Friday shopping there. Employees are so rude and disrespectful. You ask where somethong is they say Dont Know with and attitude. It was a mess and unorganized. Like how employees not gone know what is on the different aisle. Maybe a
list would have helped their stupidity. Next time people gone snap back. They waited patiently in line didnt push while others were trying to find items by themselves!!!

Consumer Rating

I called Toys R Us Schaumburg to see if they had in inventory that they website said they had in stock. I spoke with 5 different people over a 25 minute span to find out that the first store did not have it. The second store I called, Vernon Hills, also said it had it in stock. I spent 10 minutes on the phone before being disconnected. I called back and waited another 20 minutes before being disconnected again. That's 35 minutes on hold without ever stating what I was calling about. I don't feel this is an acceptable standard and called another store instead. Within 10 minutes they confirmed they had the product and I went there instead. I am very displeased with this inefficiency.

Consumer Rating

Just spent over an hour shopping at Toys R Us online on Black Friday and adding things to my cart only to go to checkout and find my cart empty. Tried to add more and it just kept clearing. Couldn't even buy 1 darn thing. Tried to call customer service only to get a recording indicating you are experiencing technical difficulties. I'll say! Very dissapointed with Toys R US Black Friday! They should at least allow you to purchase online rather than stand in line for hours at the store like cattle. In my opinion, Black Friday should be banned because of what it does to people!

Consumer Rating

I was making an order online- this order came to more than $100 and should have qualified for free shipping since it contained a wipes warmer, a wicker basinet/basket and stand. This is not what would be considered "Large Furniture".
The shipping charge was going to end up being 25% of my total purchase.
This is completely absurd.
I'm upset not only because of this, but because I have spent thousands of dollars over the past 8 months at your store- it is the only store I registered at and received many gifts purchased at your store. And now that I have a couple things that I need to buy (and I live about 3 hours away from a babies r us) I have to pay these rediculous shipping charges. I really wish I would have known this before hand becuase I would have never registered there.
I should also mention that the items listed say that they qualify for free shipping if over $100 is spent. My subtotal was $125.

Consumer Rating

On nov 22 I place a large order online. some how the shipping addres got wrong. i contacted toys r us and a supervisor cancelled my order she than re did the whole order again and shipped it to the right address. on mon 26 of nov i received an email stating that they shipped the first order that was cancelled . I called i was put thur to another supervisor who said they dont cancell order i gave my referral number and she was very rude after 90 min i was told to call ups and i was responsible to retrive the cancelled order and return it for a refund. even though the lady on nov 22 assured me she cancelled it before ordering th same order now im getting billed for two i asked the supervisor to listen to our recorded message but got no where. so I called ups and they said toyrus had to call them to return to sender which would be toys r us. so i called again after 55 more min the teller answered and said let me get my supervisr than they hung up on me. I never got my problem resolved and dont know who to talk to. Every year i spend betwwen 500 and 10000 dollars at toys r us i cancelled my toys r us card and will never never shop there again a long with family members many friends and anyone who will listen to my christmas nightmare. how can i get this problem fix what if i cant get my packages back i cant even finish santa shopping for my two 6 year olds due 6 due to hours being decreased thanks for listening discouraged customer.

1) Item 036711 purchased from Babies R Us was damaged out of the box;
2) Rewards were never received by e-mail, and found out they already expired.

Prior to Christmas 2011, my wife & I went shopping at Babies R Us on Jamboree in Irvine. We picked out a couple of things and went to check out and pay. The sales associate assisting us told us about a Rewards program, where we would be eligible to receive a gift certificate usable at Babies R Us or Toys R Us stores, and that we would be receiving something in the mail about this with the certificate.

Based on this inducement, we signed up for the Rewards program, and went back into the store to buy more items -- far above and beyond what we had intended, to earn more of the Rewards that were mentioned to us.

We made a couple of purchases that day, which included two of the FAO Baby Chef Ultimate Baby Food Center products, item 036711, UPC 789887301539, one for our daughter for use for our granddaughter, and another for our niece, who is expecting a baby. The item for our daughter had already been opened, and the sales clerk opened the box to see if everything was in the box.

It was, but what wasn't seen was the piece with the blender blade that was completely warped, as if it had been heated up and partially melted. In addition, the container that attached to it was also damaged at the top. In essence, the product is unusable, and customer service cannot find any way to replace the unit or repair it.

Ultimately, I'm extremely disappointed with my experience dealing with Babies R Us, from the supposed Rewards inducement and rip-off, to the item damaged and sold as new.

Consumer Rating

I was waiting in line for awhile before the Toys R Us opened, line wasnt too long so I knew I was one of the first 200 customers. Finally, my family and I got to the front of the line and they had just run out of the little goodie bags they were giving away. However, you look over and people were walking with two of those bags in their hands. Myself and the three customers in front of me had told them that we felt it was unfair as we had been standing in line early waiting for this gift. They literally said "Oh Well." I was mad, but brushed it off because their was nothing they could do anymore.

However, some of the thing the employees said to me didn't sit well with me. There was a Disney chair (Minnie Mouse) that had the incorrect price on it, so I was trying to get an employee to help me figure out the correct price. I walked over to the electronics department and asked a man if he could help me. He said "Well I'm in the electronic department, go find somebody in red." I walked to the next employee, which was all the way in the front of the store (I did not see any employee in the middle or the back of the store), he was the line monitor. I asked if he could help me or at least help me find somebody to help with my question. He brushed me off and said he can't leave his area because he had to monitor the line. I understood that, however, he had a walkie talkie. Why couldn't he ask somebody using that? Isn't that what they have them for?

So finally, I went to the clothes dept and there was two people standing there. I kindly asked one of them to help me. She said yeah, but sounded hesitant as if she didn't want to walk all the way to the back of the store. Then the price on the minnie mouse disney chair ticket said $59.99, but was ringing up $69.99. She sounded as if she was mad about having to give me the item for that price & was saying something about "this is what happens when ____ doesn't let me do my job." The ___ meaning I do not remember the name she said, I think she was talking about the manager.

Went to go to the check-out, ended up spending about $100 because at that point, I just had to get out of this store. The lady that rang me up did not even say hi or how are you. Just took the stuff, rang it out, and we were done

Consumer Rating

My husband and I are furious with your company. We each pre-ordered Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition and today I get an email stating that due to "technical difficulties" our orders were cancelled. I have spoken to several customer service people to find out how and why this happened. You should have know you were only getting so many and therefore only taken that amount of pre-orders. Instead, you allowed people to continue to pre-order the item knowing you would not be able to fulfill them. This is completely unacceptable. Due to ypour complete incopentence regarding pre-orders, I now cannot purchase this item anywhere. If I would have known this was going to be the issue, I would have pre-ordered from another store and would have been guaranteed to have it already. This problem with "technical difficulties" seemd to be a Toys R Us issue, no other stores seem to have had this problem with fulfilling customers orders. And to compensate us with $10 off our next order is a slap in the face. You can be sure ordering from your company will never happen again. We will no longer shop/order anything ever again from Toys R Us. I have also started letting many people know how you operate and what has happened, as well as post online, on facebook and several other online social sites. I promise you I will be getting the word out! And I'm sure you don't really care, but by my order not getting fulfilled and not being able to purchase this game anywhere, my autistic son is going to be completely and uderly crushed. I am the one who has to try and explain to him why he isn't getting this game and then see the look on his face...not you!!

Consumer Rating

On December 4, 2012 I placed an order for 2 items for my Grandchildren for Christmas. I live in the USA and my grandchildren live in Melbourne, Australia, so I placed the order through Toys R Us in Australia. The items were Code 161349 & Code 78704......Imaginarium Spiral Train Set & a Chico Band Lil Driver Walker......$49.97 for the train & $99.67 for the walker both paid for using pay pal.....The Walker was delivered but not the Train set.....Repeated efforts have been made by me to get this matter resolved with only unkept promises from ToyRus that the matter would be resolved.....I'm at wits end because I'm not sure what my next move should be but I'll find a solution if this communication should fail...There was no order number, only a Tax Invoice #3297459.....The Australian ToysRus telepbone number is: 1300 8697 787.....Thanks for your help with this complaint.......Elizabeth Anne Cody

Consumer Rating

I waited the 3-5 business days I was told it would take. I then called Customer Service and I was told that he seen no reason for it NOT to be back on card already. He then said he was going to email another dept that handled this and I should hear from them in about 2 hours.

I then called back and was on phone for 40 minutes and when I was transferred to refund dept and held on more time, well then a recording came on and said there were no agents available and hung up. At this point im beyond pissed.Still do not have matter resolved. I then called back and wait time was about 40 minutes. Im very upset over this, I don't understand what the problem is .

I stopt by and bought a Elmo potty chair for my 2 year old but I deceived to return it cause he was scare of the potty he never used it . So they told me they couldn't take it back cause the box was open but when I pick it at the store it was open to start . My point I's that in the receive nowhere in it it say potties are not returnable would never buy nothing from them ever again

Consumer Rating

I have a birthday party to throw next weekend and I went to toys r us today in Arlington Texas to purchase my daughters presents. I had $200 worth of toys in the basket and I finally found the barbie camper she wanted. Originally $80.00 and it was on sale for $38.00 I was very excited and went to ask an associate a question and she took down the sign and told me it was not on sale it was from yesterday. I was one day off, but I had already added that in my basket and was extremely happy to add that to her gifts. Working in a field that deals with great customer service, I was very disappointed and upset, because that's the price I grabbed it for and that's the price I should of gotten it for. Very upset I put everything back and left. I will now have to go to another toy store to find everything I wanted to get her.

Consumer Rating

I purchased several items at toys r us.com. I paid additionally for the items to be gift wrapped and I included a message to go with the gifts. The items were sent without being gift wrapped and of course no message included. I then contacted 1-800-869-7787 I had to wait 26 minutes for a customer service representative to answer, then I was placed on hold for another two minutes.

I let her know how frustrating the whole experienced had been. She informed me that I would be refunded the gift wrap fee. The entire phone call was 32 minutes long, most of it was me on hold. I have never experienced such awful service. This was my first and last time purchasing anything from toys r us. com and I will not purchase at the stores either. I can honestly say you have lost a customer.

In addition, I received the order that I had shipped to my house and it was sent without a shipping box. My grandson whom I bought it for lives across the street and the surprise was almost ruined since it was left by my front door.

Your company really needs to review what you are doing and work towards improving your methods in order to be able to satisfactorily service your customers. Remember that word of mouth can "Make or Break" a business. As you know in today's economy it doesn't take long to loose your company. Larger companies have already gone out of business. It is imperative to maintain the customers you have.

When I spoke to the customer service representative, I requested for someone to call me. I'll wait and see if it happens!

Consumer Rating

The group interview was awful! We had to do a partner activity where we had to tell each other why we "deserve" to work for Toys 'R Us and tell it to the Human Resources (HR) Manager. Then, we got called in one by one for individual interviews, where we were asked the same question. The individual interviews were with the individual, the HR Manager, and some other manager, who looked like Guy Smiley from Sesame Street with giant, white pieces of Chicklets gum for teeth! If you're too dumb to figure out why people want to work for your company, you shouldn't be working!

The orientation was even worse. We watched an hour and a half of videos, filled out paperwork, and got a "grand" tour of the store. The best part of the whole orientation was the video on Code Adam (finding a missing kid in a store program). When it came time to ask questions, the HR Manager (who was running orientation) couldn't even give a straight answer to anyone's question.

I did a bit of research on my own about the company and tried to find straight answers to questions I had. What I learned horrified me the most. Even though the employee handbook and the orientation videos say that employees are supposed to be honest and report dishonesty and not "trash talk" the company, the company is intentionally misleading customers, employees, potential hires, and investors. As of this posting, Toys 'R Us is $5.12 billion in debt. They have carefully tried to hide this fact.

According to the CEO, if they don't meet or exceed their Holiday Sales numbers they had prior to the recession, the company could go out of business entirely. His plan is to meet or exceed the Holiday Sales numbers, instead of finding other ways to reduce the debt. How are they supposed to even pay their employees with that much debt? Employees, investors, potential hires, and customers should be worried about what will happen if Toys 'R Us don't meet or exceed Holiday Sales numbers this Holiday season. What should potential hires and employees do if they know this? Stay silent?

This is truly a strange and somewhat scary experience. What is someone to do with something like this?

Order #8622871058 placed 12/3/2012
Ordered 6 Christmas gifts on-line for FREE in store pick-up. As I placed each item in my cart, it was indicated the item was definitely in stock and should be ready for pick up in approximately 2 hours. Several hours late I received an email canceling the entire order, no explanation given. Simply said we were unable to complete your order so we have cancelled.

How can the on-line order screen indicate every item in stock at the store I designated for pick up and then cancel? Not one single item said out of stock when I placed the order. I want an explanation.

Consumer Rating

I placed an order online, within a few minutes I received an email stating my order was suspended due to card issues, on YOUR companies gift card. I called and spoke to an Eric who stated there is nothing wrong with our gift card and he doesn't know why the order was suspended and proceeded to say that the order would have to canceled and re-done online. We said ok and then went on to re-order....well the money is not there. After calling back and waiting on hold another 20 minutes we were told it takes 24-48 hours for the money to be returned.....what?? You screwed my order up and now I have to wait to place my order?? Unacceptable!!!!!!! I was then told that they would uphold the sale prices when I replace as some of my items were only on sale another day, but that if the items were out of stock there is nothing they can do about that. So because of your systems screw up I might end up screwed out of my children's Christmas toys??? Again UNACCEPTABLE!!! So I ask to speak to a manager and get transferred to Corporate relations where I am told the same thing. Why can't MY money get put back on YOUR gift card (not a credit card) Without any issues, especially since this was your screw-up?? Why is it that the order can't be put through even though you have MY money??? If you have my money why can the order be put through again and set as paid since it already is??? IT does not make sense that in 2012 something as stupid as that can not be done, and I am pretty much BEAT if you sell out of any of the items I spent 2 days planning to order!!! And Again UNACCEPTABLE!! I have problems every-time I order from Toys R Us online and I will make sure I never order from you again....you can not take peoples money and force them to wait days to get it back because your "system" doesn't allow people to make changes that are pretty simple and easy. I have never had this issue with anyone I ordered from online, it got messed up they fixed and gave me a discount for my "troubles", again I don't want anything but MY ORDER PLACED and on it's way to my home!!!! That doesn't seem that hard!! I will tell everyone I know about my experience and urge them to shop at Walmart or Kmart instead where there items are less than yours anyway!! I have never been this frustrated over a transaction and to sit on hold for that long several times to be told there is nothing we can do to fix OUR mistake and get you back YOUR money or your items is completely just bad business and a lack of care for your loyal customers!!! Again I will share my experience online at any review place I can and post it on my Facebook for all my family and friends to see!!! They should not have to go through what I am right now just to Christmas shop with my own money!!! I am totally done with your company and other companies and with 2 kids over the last 3 years I have given babies r us and toys r us a lot of business!!!! Disgusting company as far as i am concerned, start treating your customers better before you don't have any anymore and maybe this is why your company is going down the drain!!!!!

Contact the Toys R Us Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Toys R Us. What is their corporate mailing address?

• One Geoffrey Way
    • Wayne
    • NJ 07470
  • I want to call the Toys R Us customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

1 (800) 869-7787
  • I need to visit the Toys R Us company website. What is their website address?