Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Dec 25, 2012
Bad

I am so upset. I bought gifts at toys r us for all the kids in my family. We have a tradition every year on christmas eve we wait till after 12 and then start opening up gifts. I have 2 sons which I also bought gifts for. In this event when my youngest son opened his gift and this being his first christmas. There was parts missing in the box. I think this is pethetic. And all toys should be checked before packed. It was a emmbarisment for me cause my son was crying all night. While all the kids were playing with there gifts he could not play with his lamboginicar cause there was no steering wheel. I’m so upset about this an nothing will be able to bring back christmas day I really feel to take this further. Fernando 0794820939

Have you had problems with Toys R Us?

Compare Toys R Us to Similar Toy Stores more...

Top 127 Reviews about Toys R Us

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Toys R Us customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Went into Toys R Us store in Whitby, Ontario, and ordered 2 items to be sent to Upper Wentworth store in Hamilton as a baby gift from the registry. After about 7 days still no sign of these items. Called customer service and spent a long time explaining the situation only to have the call dropped by the csr. Called back again and went through the situation again after another long period of time was told to check with Purolater.

So now I have spent time checking with the store in Hamilton, 2 CSR's and now I have to check with purolater. Outcome of this nightmare was that items were in the Hamilton store all the time and through staff incompetence we finally get these items a week later.

This was unacceptable! I called Csr again Saturday 23rd May. Now it's 9 days later only to be told that I can get 15% discount the next time I order something from the Hamilton store. Like I would ever again!! I asked can you please just send this to me. Answer: no thats the way it is.

I am so angry by now and had enough of the lack of concern and knowledge. I am now at at the stage where I will be contacting the office of the president if there is no response or satisfaction from this complaint.

Bad

My Name is Yudith Saavedra I am writing to you because your manager at the location on 3330 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60618 by the name of Diane was very rude to me yesterday on May 7, 2015 I went to try to return a power wheel that was purchase only a month ago It was used just once inside the house because at the time of purchase it was cold outside so it was still in very good condition nothing wrong with it..just that my two-year-old doesn't like it . she had a very bad attitude she kept walking away while I was talking to her and trying to show her my receipts because it shows very clearly on my receipt that all items could be returned within 90 days with the receipts and I have all my paperwork and my receipt for it and she still was very rude and wouldn't help me so I went to a different toys "R" Us in Melrose Park and they help me out so as far as your western location I will never shop there again because if you can't be a peoples person and speak to people with manners and respect then they shouldn't be working there specially with kids having to see that type of behavior from a manager because it is a kids store and as parents were spending lots of money at your store so it's not fair for your employees to have that type of bad attitude very bad look i'm very disappointed.

Bad

I stopped in your Salisbury Maryland store location on 03/26/2015 to shop for our grandson, I walked that store 3 times in search of a employee to assist me. No body around, so I went to the customer service desk to inquire about a ninja turtle playset. The female at the desk was too BUSY TALKING WITH A MAN about what's been going on and totally ignored me so I finally said excuse me could you check and see if you have a product, she said no too quick and I knew I was interrupting her personal conversation. So I asked if she would please check the computer to see if any of the other toys r us might have it in stock and without hesitation she told me my best bet would be target and continued to ignore me !! So left your store, came home and called the store to get the District managers phone number and they wouldn't even give me the dm's name. (store manager was of no help when I called either) So I called and talked to somebody at I guess your cooperate office and a man named Red took my complaint and said the DM would be calling me I got a reference number of 150336-003211. And not surprised I've not heard from anybody from toys r us . We now have 4 grandchildren, I'm done with toysrus ! I work too hard for my money to spend at a business that can't return a call .

Bad

I called yesterday to find out what time the next wave of amiibos went on sale for preorder. You employee told me it started at 10am today. I just found out that the preorders started at 2am CDT. When I called toys r us all I got was a rude employee saying "its online only". I explained to him "I know its online only, but why did your employee tell me the preorders started at 10?" "sorry its online only" *hung up* This is the second time toys r us screwed me with these amiibo preorders. I had a big problem last time I tried to preorder the lucario amiino. I will never shop at toys r us again.

Bad

It has come to my attention that you are now selling a Quija Board, the packaging aimed for little girls. Apparently you do not know how dangerous the quija board is. It is NOT A TOY!!! It is EVIL!! By selling this you are putting children & families in danger. There are Many of us who will not shop in your stores or any stores that carry this item, until you take it from your shelves. If you really care about your customers, you would not continue to sell this in your stores. I pray you will make a wise choice & discontinue the quija board from your shelves forever....Ty

Horrible

Introduced by my friend it was my very first visit to babies R Us . Excited i was due to the fact im going to be a grandmother for the first time and thought it to be a place of business i would return to for a long time. Its been far from that . I experienced the worst customer service ever. I was in the store for a good two hours and spent over $1,000. When i got home i realized i was missing 5 pairs of baby shoes that were bagged separately. I wasn't notified at all. The store had my information because i ordered a crib and received a rewards card that day. When i called to inform them i wasnt given the items purchased the response from the clerk that waited on me was a chuckle and " oh yea the bag is right here, i must have forgot to give it to you , and do you have your receipt? " I explain to her yes however i would need to send my sister with it due to my injuries from a car accident and not feeling well. She then said , " oh im gonna have to ask my manager if that's OK" . I said , really?

But im sending her with my receipt. " she said yea ill get back to you hold please.I couldn't believe she was going to put me on hold and discuss such a open and close situation when after just leaving the store and purchasing the amount i had with them. When she returned after leaving me on hold for well over five minutes i told her just that and that i would go in myself. As i arrived 30 min after the phone call i stood in line as the same girl that waited on me and confirmed on the phone it was her , walked by twice behind the register ignoring the fact i was there. I then related to someone else i needed to pick up some paid for items. It was only then then she decided to help me and retrieve the bag from an office. I left ,went home and decided id better look over my purchases. I came to the spa bath and noticed the tape on the bottom didn't look completely on the box. I then realized it had been opened and looked used by the water spots and scratched dirty surface.

I immediately called and was left on hold for ten minutes until after being transferred to the manager. She apologized and said to go in and they would have another ready. The next day i went in and the exchange. The following two days i received a call stating the crib I ordered was in. I called back to confirm why it couldn't be delivered and i was told it could but i would have to pay $100 to do that and additional $25 for every step after the first 6. I was almost considering but my brother in law said he would pick it up. The next day my family and i went back to the store and picked it up and i purchased another $260 of items. Oh the day i returned the bath i purchased $180 of baby items too. The following day after picking up the crib my brother in law noticed there was a crack in the wood if the crib and hole in the mattress i bought there too. My hands went up and i began to cry. My sister had to take it from there. We're still jumping through hoops to get my grand daughters space together and hoping it will get done before she arrives. We have one week left. I will never spend another dime at this business again

Bad

For the past two years shopping @toysrus in specifically in New Port Richey Florida, Clearwater Florida, and Wesley Chapel Florida I have had no success when looking for merchandise pertaining to collectors merchandise including the following. From a Collectors stand point this is unacceptable that A Big Company such as Toys r Us cant even keep enough stock in of any of these Items. From a Stand point of going in the store I have also gotten wind of certain stores and the managers in those stores are holding items for themselves or specific customers and it never reaches the store shelves. Again this is also unacceptable as a customer never even gets the chance to purchase any of the items they are looking for. The toys r us in this area basically does the Collectors NO FAVORS What so Ever. They only restock the baby toys and never COLLECTORS Toys. IT is also pretty sad when the same item is available online but Toys r us Wont ship to PO Box's.

THE FOLLOWING COLLECTORS ITEMS ARE NEVER IN STOCK:

* Star Wars Black Series both 3 3/4 figures and 6 inch figures
*Star Wars Saga Legends 3 3/4 figures both mission series and rebels series & single's
*Marvel Legends 6 inch Figures
*All Neca Products which includes ( Predator, Alien, Terminator and Horror Movie Figures )
* WWE Figures

Horrible

I went to the Toy R Us store in Clay, NY on 11/17/12 and spent $644.79 & was expecting 3 free items that were advertised. I received no free items as they were all out, no substitutions and this was only a 2 day sale. They also did not have the Star Wars vehicle that was on special as that was also out of stock. I was overcharged on a Skylander toy which was suppose to be 50% off on the 2nd one purchased . I had to drive back to the store which is about 125 miles one way to get this corrected. I just got back to the store on 12/10/12 and they gave me the $5.99 difference as a credit back on my credit card. You are a TOY STORE with a 2 day sale - I suspect you never had the free items - you definitely did not have an adequate supply. I do not care if I ever got to another Toys R Us. I can always order on line from a different store.

Bad

lI purchased merchandise that isn't even 4 months old and it will not power on. It's obvious that the merchandise is defective. I am very disturbed that this is how Toys R Us conducts business. Store management and customer service insists that nothing can be done. I want to speak with the head person in charge ie: president of the company. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and will never shop at Toys R Us again. Any company that does not back the merchandise that they sell should not be in business and definitely will not receive my business!

Horrible

I want to let your department know that how disappointed I am with Toysrus, a company that I always valued so highly due to providing goods to children.
One and half month ago my 6 year old son whose name is Aiden and I were at Toysrus and he was riding one of the scooters there and when he turned to the book section he fall down and the scooter handler cut the area above his upper lips and it started bleeding so badly that I had to take him to the hospital right away and while I was taking him out of the store with blood all over his face and his crying due to the pain, not even one customer service rep came to ask if we need help. My son had to get 3 stiches and the next day I came to Toysrus again to buy the Ninjago lego for him so he could feel better and wrote down my concern on a piece of paper and gave it to the client service rep and he told me that he will be sending the letter to the complaint department and I was expecting to receive a call from someone at Toysrus but not one single one. My son's wound is becoming swollen and I took him to the pharmacy couple of days ago and the pharmacist said it might have been infected and he needs to put polysporin that has anitbiotics in it but my dad whose a doctor checked him out and he said most probably the deep wound is due to keloid reason and I'm taking him to his family doctor this week as she was away from the office. Talking to client service rep at toysrus when I came in to write the letter the next day of the insidence, he told me that there is a policy that scooters should have only been in the scooter area and someone from Toysrus should have been there not to allow it but I didn't see the policy anywhere being stated and nobody being there to monitor. Just you know that I'm proceeding with the legal action.
The location of the store is in Toronto, Ontario, 300 Steels Ave West
Should you have any questions, my cell phone# is 647-764-9680
Thanks,
Elham

Bad

My 12yr old son went into a toy r us to spend some of his gift money and he purchased a toy from robot chicken on the box it was a robot leaning on a washing machine he also bought a chicken and a gummy bear from this show , after he got them home he told me that the robot was a bad toy and upon inspecting said toy it had a hip action and you placed it on the base and the robots arms clipped onto a washing machine and it would move it's hip as if it was having sex with the washing machine. after seeing this I searched what robot chicken was and found that it is on adult swim and is a filthy show, I really thought that toys r us would have not put toys of this nature onto the selves and that i would have to be concerned about having to safegaurd my child from adult subject matter at what I thought was a kid friendly store.

Mark A. Wisor
111 white pine lane
Houtzdale , pa 16651

Bad

I called in about being shipped the wrong item. I spent 45 minutes on the phone and after finally speaking to a supervisor I was promised the correct item would be expressed mail to me. After 15 days I called in again and after 2 hours on the phone I was told I would have to wait 3 to 5 days for customer relations to get back to me to tell me when I would get my item shipped. I once again talked to a upervisor who told me sorry they couldn't help. I would have to wait for a different dept to find time to call me back. The supervisors other suggestion was to cancel my order and to credit me back. I took this option since I had already wasted to much of my time on this. I will cancel my toys r us credit card and I will never shop there again. The customer service sucks, they don't care about their customers. I guess it's because it's the holidays so they are making money right now but they have permently lost a customer.

Bad

I had a very disappointing experience yesterday in Toys R Us Hato Rey Puerto Rico I recently purchased a 7 inch Tabeo Tablet for my daughter during the month of December. The thing is the equipment turned out to be defective tablet wont turn, the screen didn't work. So I went yesterday to the Toys R US Where I bought it the one in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico, to have it exchanged by another tablet or for a refund.

And not only did I wait sooo long in line I was attended by this obnoxious assistant manager , whom which after looking @ the tablet just simply told me she couldn't accept the tablet because the manufacturing company wouldn't accept it. I told her the Tablet had arrived like this yet she didn't do much or anything to help out in this situation.

All I can say is that Toys R US.. should emphasize more on customer service which is very low quality, they don't seem to hire a lot of employees although the stores are very big. Sometimes you have to walk around for a while through out the whole store in order to receive some assistance by a employee. As far as this situation I feel totally robbed/Scammed for my money.

Employees are supposed to assist customers diligently and efficiently on any situation. But I just sensed they don't really care even though my daughter was next to me while I was trying to exchange the item ( Which obviously made her very sad, she wouldn't stop crying on the way back home.) I simply don't understand why wouldn't Toys R US exchange my item or give me a full refund it seems there always some sort of controversy or excuse to their own benefit when it comes to exchanges or refunds.

Other stores like Game Stop, Electronics Boutique, Wal-Mart, Amazon won't give those obstacles when it comes to exchanging a item which they also sell a whole lot CHEAPER. Iam beyond indignated because the store manager totally wiped her butt with my receipt ( The purchase had been made less than a month ago) And even though she did admit the Tablets were in fact coming with defects she declined to offer any assistance or a exchange, refund, store credit whatsoever.

Usually I never really buy often in Toys R Us... because there isn't located where I live & because I don't find the prices of the items cheap or affordable.. compared to Wal-Mart or K-mart or Game Stop , AMAZON . But this incident totally made it for Iam never BUYING ANYTHING ON TOYS R US ... EVER AGAIN.. and will give NEGATIVE RECOMMENDATIONS to relatives and Close ones based on my Personal EXPERIENCE. I WILL NEVER BUY HERE EVER AGAIN. EVER AGAIN, EVER AGAIN. THEIR RETURN POLICE IS A VERY FICTIONAL POLICY.

Bad

I placed an order on Nov.22 for a Lego Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle.....Order number 8597934258-0. I paid with 2 gift cards that were $20 each and the rest on PayPal. I received a confirmation email stating my order went through. Several hours later I received an email stating my order was cancelled. The email gave a 1-800 number to call. I did call.....3 times with one call being on hold for over 60 minutes were I was then asked to leave a message. I did! It is now 24 hrs later and I hadn't received a phone call back. I also tried calling the Modesto store numerous times and no one ever answers. My gift cards balance is at ZERO!!! All I want is my $40 back. I cant believe the frustration this company has caused me. They have lost me as a customer. Oh and btw... I live an hour from the nearset Toys R Us so just going to the store isn't an option.

Ref #121214-004326
I have tried 2 place an order twice with this company. Once on line and the other over the phone and both times the money was taken out from my chase account but toyrus had no record that that my order was placed. I called up this location TOYS R US/BABIES R US - REGO PARK [6753]
REGO PARK[6753]
61-35 JUNCTION BOULEVARD,NY 11374
and after waiting 44 minutes the manager did not make an effort to help me. I even call the location that is close to me and no one is answering. I do understand that this is the holiday Seson and its busy but the lack of help is just crazy, makes me not even want to shop with this company anymore!

Horrible

I went into the store excited to learn more about the nintendo 3ds no one was there so I asked the gentleman to help me (after I had been ignored by atleast 5 fellow employees) I showed him the flyer which said it was 169.99 w a free start up kit, I said is the kit a game, because I know nothing about these, he said well you have a choice you can get this or one of the other games, I said ok and went to the front to pay he then (there was a line of 5 people) went and helped all the other people leaving me standing there, I go to pay and he say's oh the movie isn't free it comes with the start up kit which were out of. Why would he offer me the movie if it didn't come with it, also why was I ignored so long. I said forget it Im not buying it here.
I then went through the store and found some other items I needed, with no help from any employee I asked who sent me in 5 different directions, when finally a nice young man walked me to the place where they were. I go to pay I had a 20% coupon, and it wouldn't let me use it because it was in the "big toy book".
I have never had a worse exsperiance only 2 registers open and the managers were very unhelpful. No wonder target and walmart are taking your business.

Horrible

I placed an online order for store pickup. It was cancelled and I was never notifiedl. The employee said they were too busy and said I needed to reorder. I went to reorder but the funds from the first order are not back on my card. The CC company said to call Toy R Us and find out the status of my refund. After waiting on hold for over an hr. I was connected with a rude agent who kept putting me on hold. SHe then asked to transfer me and said she would stay on the line with me and it wouldn't be long. She hung up on me. I can't find the # for employee complaints but I will. I really hop they recorded that conversation and compensate me in some way.

***ANGRY CUSTOMER

Bad

I am highly upset I made an online purchase on 12/17/12 to pick the items up a t a store. I than noticed that my order was cancelled because the store didn’t want to fill the order. As soon as my order was cancelled I feel as if my funds from my credit card should have been immediately released. That was not the case here it is almost Christmas and I cannot get any gifts because TOYS R Us has my money on hold due to their negligence.

My credit card will not release my funds until someone from TOYS R US contacts them. I am sure you will tell me the same thing that several of your customer service reps said which is it is not your problem. Customer service satisfaction at its finest.

I have contacted the better business bureau in reference to this matter funny enough I am not the only customer who had this issue. I hope everyone at TOYS R US enjoys their holiday because mine has been completely ruined.

Very dissatisfied customer...

Bad

I just wanted to let you know that it is really stupid that some things do not qualify for free shipping even after you spend $79 dollars or more. I was interested in ordering the glider swing and other things, but they would not give me the option to ship to store, only ship to home for $30 dollars shipping!

The ONLY reason i was going to order the glider swing from toys r us is because i had a $25 gift card and the shipping is still more than that! Someone might want to reconsider these online options considering you can get the EXACT same product from walmart for FREE SHIPPING, which is where i will now be purchasing this product along with all the other products i was interested in.

Poor

I spend a lot of money at toys r us every year. Recenly I bought a tabeo tablet for my 8 yr old under the assumption that it was an android and could do almost everything a regular bandroid tablet could do. WRONG! My daughter could not get the google play store on it and the first and only time she messed with it, it froze and had to be turned off and turned back on. I tried to take it back to toys r us and they said since it had been opened there was nothing they could do. I called tabeo and they said all they could do is replace it with another tabeo. I tlked to toys r us customer service and the coorporzte office. They said that we are stuck with it bc it haad been opened... That was a waste of $150.Nowhere on my receipt did it say that I could not bring it back once it was opened. They did not even try to wwork with me to find a solution to my problem. I am verybdisappointed with toysnr us aand I HOPE NOBODY WASTES THEIR MONEO ON THE TABEO TABLET!

Contact the Toys R Us Complaint Department