Customer Satisfaction Results
1.94 out of 5 Stars
145 Consumer Reviews

Toys R Us
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Toys R Us company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Toys R Us online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Toys R Us corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Toys R Us?

Compare Toys R Us to Similar Toy Stores more...

Top 145 Reviews about Toys R Us

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Toys R Us customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

So frustrated right now. I ordered a dresser from a store location and paid for delivery, after I un-boxed it... It's damaged. I called the Toys R Us 1-800 customer service number and was told since it wasn't online I had to deal with the store but the district manager would call me in 24 hrs. (That was Friday... Still no call). I've called the store (Columbia MD) directly 50 times in the last hour and every single time they hang up on me. I'm so upset right now and have a baby dresser that is useless.

Upvote (0)

We received a $15.00 Rewards card to be used by 2/26/16 after spending a FORTUNE at Christmas time for our grandkids. I came in the store and bought a Helix Power Spin Play for $16.99. We took it back to the store because my grandson wanted a Lego set. Instead of crediting us with $16.99, I was credited $1.99. Basically I was given a reward (from your rewards club) and then it was taken away from me. It should NOT matter what we used that reward on (I was told you could only use the reward once). Your reward program stinks and I'll take my business elsewhere! And I returned the first item for the second on 2/14 still within the reward cards timeframe to use it.

Upvote (0)

I go in to Toys R Us EVERY sat...now for the past Saturdays in your clearance section..you have 31 " tall star wars and the rock figures for $3.90 each. Sweet deal....so I brought these guys on 2 saturdays. Today I go back to your store and those clearance items were raised to $6.90....from $3.90 the next insulting thing was under the $6.90 ticket was a $12.90 ticket...who are you fooling ....shame on you...

When I asked a man cashier do n you usually raise clearance prices and he said YES it depends on the original price. Wow disgusting....no wow I drove 12 miles each way to get more clearance items and the 3rd item I went back for today was also raised....shame on you...it is mutant mania wrestling. I will let my friends no about your phony clearance prices.

Upvote (0)

I have my baby registry through your store located in Kanata Ontario, Canada. The process itself is simple, though your kiosks don't print. I've gone on several occasions and it's always out of service, or just not working. This causes concern as my guests who will be attending my shower which is about 30 people will not be able to rely on the items that should be easily accessible. My next area of concern is that at the cash once things are bought some items didn't actually come off the registry even though the registry number was provided which would just results in me having to go back and a trip for nothing. On a regular day this is highly inconvenient and while being pregnant and about to deliver this is highly inappropriate.

I went into the store today, and noticed that the car seats were on sale. I came home to look at my registry to see if the prices were matching and realized that sale items in store do not correspond with your prices listed online.This is a huge downfall in your registry because my guests aren't aware and if they were to buy something online they missed out on a better deal. Why would you want your customers to be ripped off? I certainly do not want my family and close friends to be paying an extra amount when the same item is on sale in your store.

I have many many many people who are looking at this registry and it makes me upset knowing that your company is not dependable, and doesn't follow guidelines which are true to its name. For future purposes I would never recommend any pregnant woman to do her registry with your company. I've had to do everything on my own, and had to inform my guests of ACTUAL sale prices so that they wouldn't be over paying. This is so disappointing and such a waste of my time which is extremely limited. I look forward to hearing from someone who cares and has a proper response to my concerns.

Upvote (0)

Called the Johnson City, Tn store looking for an item the employee stated she would put me on hold and go look. 20 minutes later when I walked into store still on hold was told they didn't have item and nobody took my call even though the manager on duty, Nick or Nate seen my phone and took me off hold. This is very poor customer service and and there is no excuse for it. Retraining or new management that was working Jan 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM needs to be considered.

Upvote (0)

I deposited money into my account (cash) about 11:45 Sat evening. I then went to work and went online to take advantage of the shipping that they guaranteed by Christmas eve because I had expedited the purchase. Anyway, made the purchase printed the receipt, and received the email. I then got an email on Sunday that the order had been suspended because there were no funds on the card. Incorrect! Please see where I deposited cash. We called the bank and the money was pending (maybe 10 calls). We called toys r us (maybe more than 10 times) where they continued to explain to us that the fault was the bank, because there was a hold. .

We knew there was not a hold because we had spoken to the bank several times and they assured us that the money was pulled from Toys r us. Well then we had to do a conference, the bank and toys r us. The bank explained that they had taken out the money, and that toys r us could take as long as they wanted to retrieve it. Well toys r us still complained that they could not do anything, because of the "hold" that didn't even exist. She spoke about cancelling and reordering, but then because it is now 4 days until Christmas.

Well after speaking with my husband she did cancel but didn't reorder. I think that the way that this was handled really sucked, we spent 400 dollars in Toys r us and we have no merchandise. The first representative stated that she wouldn't even honor 1-2 day shipping. Now my kids have no gifts, we cant get back the money until 3 to 4 business days, and no one was willing to help. I will NEVER order from Toys r us online no matter what. You would think they would do for their customers during this busy time, especially when everything was verified. Thank you toys r us for ruining Christmas!

Upvote (0)

I recently visited your Warrington store, I spent quite a bit off money on my children's Xmas present, I had a problem with my first card so had to pay a second time, the women reassured me that the first payment has not gone through but the second payment, so as you can imagine I was rather upset when I when I went to another shop to our purchase something else and there was no money in my account because you had took both payments, Which equals to £679.

Also just before I carry on, the first payment which there was a problem with was for £339.79 and the second payment which went through fine was for £340. I know its only a couple off pence but your staff took it upon there selves to add that extra pence on. Anyway I went into my bank and they sorted it out bearing in mind this all happened within 1hour, anyway my account was back in credit and I thought that was the end off it. Only it's not, yet again the payment has tried to go out and will not expire till 18, so till then I have an overdrawn off over £300 which I cannot clear at the this time off year, and now I also have a bank account I can't use the week before Xmas, which a complete pain.

I also cannot pay my rent till this overdrawn balance is cleared, nor can I purchase anything else for my children till this is sorted out. I am completely devastated at the moment as you can imagine and stressed out without this kind of thing happening at this time of year, and will not be using this store again

Upvote (0)

I ordered a lamp (The Peanut Shell Mila Lamp with Shade), it arrived damaged. According to the Packing List, I could return the lamp to any store with no Hassle. I tried returning it to the store #8804 in Montgomery, AL, they would not take. She said that she would charge me if I returned it from the store. I waited on the phone for 45 minutes for a Toys R Us customer service representative. Finally hung up. I would like to replace the lamp . . . . but I don't feel like I should have to pay for the return when it came to me damaged. All I am trying to do is get a replacement lamp. BUT I can tell you, that I won't buy another thing from you. This has been a horrible experience. I would like a FREE Return Label for this lamp.

Upvote (0)

We attempted to purchase a few items today and because of lack of training on the manager and cashier path were not able to do so. We had two coupons from toys r us which we wanted to use but they both insisted that they can't take them. The manager (Larry) wasn't professional and made up stuff on the coupon and the cashier (Juanita ) was no help. After leaving we took a closer look and had notice what they were saying was wrong. We went back in and met the store manger who looked over the same coupon and agreed it would work and we were able to make our purchase. Point is if you don't know, don't try to act like you know and make the customer look like they are stupid; just be grown up about it and act professional. I would like to see or hear from someone to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Upvote (0)

Extremely rude and ignorant manager at the Toys R Us in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. I'm not even going to get into all the details of the problem, but suffice it to say, the manager was arrogant, and didn't care about my complaint at all. All that was needed was to exchange a Scooby-doo item my wife had purchased that had a broken wheel. All we wanted was the same vehicle-not money returned- and nobody else sold the vehicle as it was a special "Toys R Us exclusive", but because the receipt was misplaced, the manager wouldn't exchange the item. Total ass. With the prices Toys R Us is charging, you would think they would employ someone who can figure out how to make a customer happy without insulting and degrading them. Ridiculous policy on returns. Will be shopping at Walmart from now on.

Upvote (0)

On the 20th of November 2015 I noticed a withdraw from our joint account stating Toys R Us £24.99. I rang the bank to report a fraud because I and my partner haven't been to Toys R Us for months, when the women looked into it she said it was from the 11th September 2015, which I did purchase a Lego set the women said what might of happened is that there was something wrong with your system and that's why it took so long. I am very disgusted that is has happened and I wasn't informed about the situation. I no it's hard to no who purchased goods on their cards but you could send a message through facebook informing people you have had a glitch or try and contact the banks so they can inform people. I spent an hour on the phone trying to sort it out. Can you find out what happened that day and inform of what happened.

Upvote (0)

My family has had a most disheartening day with ToysRUs. My daughter and I went to your Fort Wayne store on Sunday when it opened looking for the Tonka 12 volt ride in dump truck that was on sale. The store claimed they had none. We were told to call on Thursday to see if any came in. I called this morning (Thursday) at 9:30 and was told there was 1. I explained that I was not able to transport it in my car and would need to pick it up when my daughter got home with her Jeep. I asked if I should come out and pay for it beforehand and was told that was not necessary. It would be held for us until 5:00. I called back after talking to my daughter and told the person on the phone that we could not make it until 6:00. My daughter is a teacher and is planning a party for children with cancer.

The person on the phone was very nice both times and assured me there was no problem. Everything was fine to this point. When my daughter, who is pregnant, got there at 5:50, she was told there were three available somewhere in the store, but they could not find any. The most aggravating part is that not only was there no dump truck on hold.! In other words I was called a LIAR! This is totally unacceptable and is not the way to run a business. My daughter and I have spent thousands of dollars over the years at ToysRUs and BabiesRUs. Something needs to be done to make sure items that you advertise on sale are at least available the first day when the store opens and that when you are told something is in and available for you, it will be there waiting when you get there.

I am a grandmother and retired teacher myself and this is not the way to deal with the public. I am so disappointed with the way we were treated today. I feel we have no choice but to take our business elsewhere! If I could give you 0 stars, I would!

Upvote (0)

I was recently shopping at the Toys r us in new port richey, fl. I usually take my son there and don't really mind the prices being higher than walmart, because I liked the environment of being geared completely around children. I have always appreciated the customer service, until today. When they customer service goes, and the prices are still higher, definitely not worth it. My son and I spent alot of time today walking around the store making our christmas lists for himself and everyone else. We planned on purchasing a few small items. One of which was a small lego set, that was fully stocked and labeled on the shelf. The entire time we were there he was talking about it, and looking at the package telling me all about it, super excited to hurry home and build it. When we went to ring up the cashier said this is not available to sell. I said excuse me?

She said I can't sell this to you until tomorrow! I looked at my son with tears in his eyes and asked isn't there anything you can do? She said no. So I asked for a manager. When she came up, she would not look at me or speak to me directly. My son is now crying. She looks at the screen, says "thats not for sale yet" I again asked isn't there anything you can do? She said "no" and started walking away still without even looking at me. I asked why was it stocked and labeled on the shelf? After I was ignored, I asked for the corporate number, she mumbled 800 toysrus and kept walking. I asked the cashier their names, and walked out without purchasing anything. I called the 800 number from the parking lot and live chat with customer service when I returned home. We then went to a birthday party ( geared around lego), so my son was sure to tell everyone about the lego set he almost got today, and why he didn't.

Every parent there told me that I behaved way too calmly and they would have been yelling in the store. I guess I was in aw about the whole ordeal, besides what kind of example would that set. My son was already asking why they were being so mean at the store? It is bad enough to treat an adult poorly, yet to upset my young child like that is completely unacceptable! Everything on our list is available at walmart, target, kmart, amazon. We will not be shopping at that toysrus this christmas or ever again. I will however be sure to tell everyone I know about the horrible experience.

Upvote (0)

I ordered two matching toys, one for girl and one for boy. I received a confirmation and several days later a shipping delivery date. Now a week later I received an email stating the girls toy was cancelled boy toy was being shipped. I called the Toys R Us customer service line and their response was it was out of stock and offered no alternative. After vigorously complaining the representative offered to try and locate this item in a store near me. He told me there was one of these items approximately 10 hours driving time away and if I wanted it I could go get it, but they would not ship it to me. Hearing this outrageous statement I demanded to speak with a supervisor and waited 35 minutes. Of course no solution was offered by this person either. This is not the first time something like this has happened. I will never purchase another item from Toys R Us. As a company dealing in toys for children they should be considered despicable. Shame on them.

Upvote (0)

I have unsubscribed several times from babies r us and toys r us emails. It has been well passed the 10 days it takes to end the mailings. I keep receiving email from toys r us. Please STOP emailing me! I do not want to hear from this company and it has become quite annoying.

Upvote (0)

Your rewards program is a joke! I just canceled mine as I have been buying gifts for my grandkids for years and have never received a single point to use towards any purchases. When I ask at the checkout stand about my rewards, no one seems to know how to determine where to find my points. I give up. Headache over this ---- GONE !!

Upvote (0)

Good evening. I forgot to give my Toys R Us sales associate the $10 gift card coupon, so I went over to customer service to receive it. The sales associate told me I had 2 other customers in front of me I stated OK. She was waiting on an customer and it look like she didn't really know what she was doing so sales associate Nick came over to assist. While waiting the employee waited on the other two customers plus more while I was standing there. When Nick finished with the other customer he did help me out. I stated to the employee, did you forget I was standing here she told me no I didn't. That was not good customer service and I was very unhappy with her response. Nick did apologize but overall customer service was bad.

Upvote (0)

I returned 2 separate packages in the mail. I rec'd an email confirming receipt of the return on 10/7. The two reference numbers for these credits is 393681757 and 393685517. I never received the refund to my original form of payment. I called Customer service on 10/22 and complained of not receiving funds back to my account. Customer Service filed a case to the Billing Department # 151021-002379. I was advised I would be contacted in 3 business days from Babies R Us Complaint Billing Department. I was never contacted by Billing so I called back Customer Service on 10/28 and provided them with the case number. I was advised that they couldn't process anything further and basically telling me there was nothing that they could. This is literally the worst customer Service I have ever received and not to mention you can barely understand anything of the reps say when you call them with an issue or a complaint. I will never shop here again!

Upvote (0)

Went into Toys R Us store in Whitby, Ontario, and ordered 2 items to be sent to Upper Wentworth store in Hamilton as a baby gift from the registry. After about 7 days still no sign of these items. Called customer service and spent a long time explaining the situation only to have the call dropped by the csr. Called back again and went through the situation again after another long period of time was told to check with Purolater.

So now I have spent time checking with the store in Hamilton, 2 CSR's and now I have to check with purolater. Outcome of this nightmare was that items were in the Hamilton store all the time and through staff incompetence we finally get these items a week later.

This was unacceptable! I called Csr again Saturday 23rd May. Now it's 9 days later only to be told that I can get 15% discount the next time I order something from the Hamilton store. Like I would ever again!! I asked can you please just send this to me. Answer: no thats the way it is.

I am so angry by now and had enough of the lack of concern and knowledge. I am now at at the stage where I will be contacting the office of the president if there is no response or satisfaction from this complaint.

Upvote (0)

My Name is Yudith Saavedra I am writing to you because your manager at the location on 3330 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60618 by the name of Diane was very rude to me yesterday on May 7, 2015 I went to try to return a power wheel that was purchase only a month ago It was used just once inside the house because at the time of purchase it was cold outside so it was still in very good condition nothing wrong with it..just that my two-year-old doesn't like it . she had a very bad attitude she kept walking away while I was talking to her and trying to show her my receipts because it shows very clearly on my receipt that all items could be returned within 90 days with the receipts and I have all my paperwork and my receipt for it and she still was very rude and wouldn't help me so I went to a different toys "R" Us in Melrose Park and they help me out so as far as your western location I will never shop there again because if you can't be a peoples person and speak to people with manners and respect then they shouldn't be working there specially with kids having to see that type of behavior from a manager because it is a kids store and as parents were spending lots of money at your store so it's not fair for your employees to have that type of bad attitude very bad look i'm very disappointed.

Upvote (3)

I stopped in your Salisbury Maryland store location on 03/26/2015 to shop for our grandson, I walked that store 3 times in search of a employee to assist me. No body around, so I went to the customer service desk to inquire about a ninja turtle playset. The female at the desk was too BUSY TALKING WITH A MAN about what's been going on and totally ignored me so I finally said excuse me could you check and see if you have a product, she said no too quick and I knew I was interrupting her personal conversation. So I asked if she would please check the computer to see if any of the other toys r us might have it in stock and without hesitation she told me my best bet would be target and continued to ignore me !! So left your store, came home and called the store to get the District managers phone number and they wouldn't even give me the dm's name. (store manager was of no help when I called either) So I called and talked to somebody at I guess your cooperate office and a man named Red took my complaint and said the DM would be calling me I got a reference number of 150336-003211. And not surprised I've not heard from anybody from toys r us . We now have 4 grandchildren, I'm done with toysrus ! I work too hard for my money to spend at a business that can't return a call .

Upvote (2)

I called yesterday to find out what time the next wave of amiibos went on sale for preorder. You employee told me it started at 10am today. I just found out that the preorders started at 2am CDT. When I called toys r us all I got was a rude employee saying "its online only". I explained to him "I know its online only, but why did your employee tell me the preorders started at 10?" "sorry its online only" *hung up* This is the second time toys r us screwed me with these amiibo preorders. I had a big problem last time I tried to preorder the lucario amiino. I will never shop at toys r us again.

Upvote (2)

It has come to my attention that you are now selling a Quija Board, the packaging aimed for little girls. Apparently you do not know how dangerous the quija board is. It is NOT A TOY!!! It is EVIL!! By selling this you are putting children & families in danger. There are Many of us who will not shop in your stores or any stores that carry this item, until you take it from your shelves. If you really care about your customers, you would not continue to sell this in your stores. I pray you will make a wise choice & discontinue the quija board from your shelves forever....Ty

Upvote (3)

Introduced by my friend it was my very first visit to babies R Us . Excited i was due to the fact im going to be a grandmother for the first time and thought it to be a place of business i would return to for a long time. Its been far from that . I experienced the worst customer service ever. I was in the store for a good two hours and spent over $1,000. When i got home i realized i was missing 5 pairs of baby shoes that were bagged separately. I wasn't notified at all. The store had my information because i ordered a crib and received a rewards card that day. When i called to inform them i wasnt given the items purchased the response from the clerk that waited on me was a chuckle and " oh yea the bag is right here, i must have forgot to give it to you , and do you have your receipt? " I explain to her yes however i would need to send my sister with it due to my injuries from a car accident and not feeling well. She then said , " oh im gonna have to ask my manager if that's OK" . I said , really?

But im sending her with my receipt. " she said yea ill get back to you hold please.I couldn't believe she was going to put me on hold and discuss such a open and close situation when after just leaving the store and purchasing the amount i had with them. When she returned after leaving me on hold for well over five minutes i told her just that and that i would go in myself. As i arrived 30 min after the phone call i stood in line as the same girl that waited on me and confirmed on the phone it was her , walked by twice behind the register ignoring the fact i was there. I then related to someone else i needed to pick up some paid for items. It was only then then she decided to help me and retrieve the bag from an office. I left ,went home and decided id better look over my purchases. I came to the spa bath and noticed the tape on the bottom didn't look completely on the box. I then realized it had been opened and looked used by the water spots and scratched dirty surface.

I immediately called and was left on hold for ten minutes until after being transferred to the manager. She apologized and said to go in and they would have another ready. The next day i went in and the exchange. The following two days i received a call stating the crib I ordered was in. I called back to confirm why it couldn't be delivered and i was told it could but i would have to pay $100 to do that and additional $25 for every step after the first 6. I was almost considering but my brother in law said he would pick it up. The next day my family and i went back to the store and picked it up and i purchased another $260 of items. Oh the day i returned the bath i purchased $180 of baby items too. The following day after picking up the crib my brother in law noticed there was a crack in the wood if the crib and hole in the mattress i bought there too. My hands went up and i began to cry. My sister had to take it from there. We're still jumping through hoops to get my grand daughters space together and hoping it will get done before she arrives. We have one week left. I will never spend another dime at this business again

Upvote (0)

For the past two years shopping @toysrus in specifically in New Port Richey Florida, Clearwater Florida, and Wesley Chapel Florida I have had no success when looking for merchandise pertaining to collectors merchandise including the following. From a Collectors stand point this is unacceptable that A Big Company such as Toys r Us cant even keep enough stock in of any of these Items. From a Stand point of going in the store I have also gotten wind of certain stores and the managers in those stores are holding items for themselves or specific customers and it never reaches the store shelves. Again this is also unacceptable as a customer never even gets the chance to purchase any of the items they are looking for. The toys r us in this area basically does the Collectors NO FAVORS What so Ever. They only restock the baby toys and never COLLECTORS Toys. IT is also pretty sad when the same item is available online but Toys r us Wont ship to PO Box's.

THE FOLLOWING COLLECTORS ITEMS ARE NEVER IN STOCK:

* Star Wars Black Series both 3 3/4 figures and 6 inch figures
*Star Wars Saga Legends 3 3/4 figures both mission series and rebels series & single's
*Marvel Legends 6 inch Figures
*All Neca Products which includes ( Predator, Alien, Terminator and Horror Movie Figures )
* WWE Figures

Upvote (0)

Greetings, My Mother in Law and I (and about 50 others) just waited from 6pm until 8 pm at the Henrico Toys R us and they were not open! I called customer service ahead of time and the told me the store would be open and would have the promotion items! I would not be so upset if when I called they had told me the correct information that this store would not be open. Now we are currently waiting on line at the Short Pump store in Richmond, and have missed the promotional giveaway as well as many deals! I am in the military and also had to take a day of leave to be out here to do this for my children, please make this right! Also, this is my 4th time submitting my complaint and have yet to hear anything!

Upvote (0)

I am sure I am not the first or last customer to complain about your services. I am deeply upset about your misleading and false advertisements. Specifically regarding today’s CYBER SALE which only last 8hrs. I understand your marketing and advertisement techniques, I really do. But LIES from a company as big and known as your corporation is simply DISGUISTING. I am attempting to purchase ITEM WEB ID # 214719.

Your website says it’s only available for ship to store or home only . Surprisingly enough NO stores within 50 miles of 90710 have the item. (RIDICOULOUS) if you ask me. This forces me to ship it to home for an additional fee of course. After speaking to SCARLETT at your 800 number, she gave no additional options for me or suggestions even; I have decided I am done with your company.

I am sure one lost customer doesn’t affect your multi million dollar corp., but as I read your awful online reviews, I am sure that due to your tactics your corporation will be out of business in no time.

You may contact me via email if needed.

Upvote (0)

Went to take back a pushchair purchased as a spare one that was not cheap, £120 one. It went off to the right and brake would slightly come down when pushing my daughter along, didn't notice for a while as it was only used as spare didn't use it straight away as have a quinny buzz. The woman who greeted us at counter said she noticed it went off to the right and went to get someone from the baby department. Who was rude right away and when mentioned this to other lady she said sorry she has been fitting car seats all day, that's her job. They could not see a fault with it even tho the first lady said she felt it when asked for manager she denied even saying this, which was very frustrating. We pushed the pushchair in front of us and yes could clearly see it went straight off right, just to prove 3 wheeler pushchairs do not do this I done the same thing with my quinny that went straight. When doing the school run and having a push chair that goes off towards the road when pushed one handed as holding the hand of my other child is dangerous. Now the pushchair needs to be sent away for up to 3 weeks lucky we do have another, but when I asked the manager what will happen if the fault is not fixed he could not answer me. My partner and myself found the customer satisfaction disgusting and there attitudes as we could be left with a pushchair that's not useable. After splendid nearly a thousand pound in this store in the last 8 months will never return and take our business to mothercare or mamas and papas know what customer satisfaction is. When proved the pushchair was not right still being told they couldn't find a fault is disgusting, and manners and attitude well there wasn't any with two members of staff and a manager.

Upvote (0)

Yesterday I went to your Harlow store to buy a new car seat. Id seen a few that id liked and read up the reviews on them. When I asked for someone to check my first option would fit in my car at customer services the lady was very helpful. However the young girl that came was very rude and seemed very put out that she had to fit the car seat. The car seat obviously didnt fit in our car and did would not strap in securely unless it was reclined in the middle position only. So if i wanted to recline my baby in it completely or sit him upright the seat would not of been at all safe. However knowing this the assisstant told us the car seat was fine to use in our car. She seemed more than happy to let me walk away with a car seat that didnt fit my car and was unsafe. She didnt suggest trying a different car seat or that it was unsafe to put my baby in.
Needless to say we didnt purchess the car seat but did buy a different that did fit in our car but sadly it wasnt from toys r us.
I have been a frequant customer at toys r us over the last fews buying most of both my sons christmas and birthday presemts, pushchairs,baby accessories, toys ect as well as the party store online, but after the dangerous actions of the assisstant i will no longer be shopping at the chain of stores and will be advising all my friends with young children not to buy car seats from the chain either.

Upvote (0)

I went into the Toys R Us store on Wolf Road in Colonie NY on 12-02-12 and again on 12-04-12. The Manager’s name was Mike. He should not be a Manager of a kids toys store! He does not know how to deal with customers and has a very bad attitude! The store is very under staffed. On 12-02-12, I waited in line along with many other customers in electronics for Mike to come and type in his managers code. Because every time the associate scanned an item it asked for a managers code. The cashier was very apologetic and said this is not what should be happening. We were waiting in line for over 45 minutes. Mike kept getting paged and he would not respond to the nice cashier behind the desk. The store was in complete disarray, you couldn’t even get through the aisles. Its dirty and toys were all over the floors. On 12-04-12, I left work to run over and get my items I placed on layaway on 12-02-12. I realized I had placed the wrong tablet on layaway, I had intended to go back to electronics and buy the Samsung 7inch tablet that your store sells. I said I only want to cancel one item on my layaway and buy the rest. Mike said I had to cancel my whole order and then also get charged $10. I said that is not right, Walmart let you cancel items you do not want and you are still able to buy the rest of the items. Mike then said you have to buy the whole layaway and then do a return on the item you do not want. This is supposed to be a “hassle free Layawway” I said that doesn’t work because my refund doesn’t go right back into my bank account and I want to buy a different tablet, I cannot wait 5 business days or how every long it will be. He said he didn’t care. Call you bank he said! I told him I was calling corporate to file a complaint which I never ever do! He did not care one bit. I took my receipt and went to electronics. I asked one of the associated for a tablet and he said he had to go in the back to get it. There was also another woman waiting for an Ipod touch. The associate again had to page Mike the manager 5 times, he never would respond to the pages “Manager needed in R Zone” I waited 45 minutes or more with this other woman for Mike to bring the key to unlock the back room. I said forget it and I went back up front and canceled my layaway and was charged $10! I arrived at The store at 2:30 and I didn’t leave until after 4pm! The store was not busy at all. I had to wait and wait and wait to get any help. I drove over to Best buy and bought my video games and tablet from them. I will not buy any electronics from this Toys R Us store again unless something drastically changes! Last year when I shopped at this store around the same time of the month the store was not in this bad of condition and there were associates to help out in almost every isle and electronics. The associates would walk up to you and say can I help you find anything miss etc! I don’t know if this store has a new manager, but something really needs to change! I have never had such bad customer service in my life. When I went back up to cancel my layaway I told Mike the manager that I called corporate to make a complaint, he said he did not care. I did place a call on 12-4-12 at 3pm. I want my $10 back. If you look into my buying history I spend A LOT of money at Toys R Us and Baby’s R Us! I will start using Amazon and Target more often now because they do have hassle free shopping, Even WALMART! I totally understand that this is a super busy time for the store, but I have seen it much more busier and the store ran perfectly. If the manager doesn’t care about his store then no one else that works there will care either. I also bought a few video games on 12-2-12 and I am going back to return them to the store and buy them at a different store.

Thanks for your time with this matter,

Upvote (0)

My disabled mother was misinformed by sales assistant on floor when explaining Thomas the Train train table and accessorries. She was told in front of me that the train table came with tracks. The sales assistant personally handed my mother trains that were supposedly to work compatible with my son's new train table.

Come Christmas morning we found out there was no tracks in the box. Every train was not compatible with the train table. How can an employee not be educated about a popular item that is a money maker for their company. Obviously after research we noticed that there are three types of trains after my son's dissapointment.

The type we needed was thomas wooden railway trains and tracks. Its ashame that my mom who is old and disabled dropped 500.00 on trains and accessories for his new train table and none are compatible.

My mother bought these items in october to avoid the holiday rush because she uses a walker to get around. Upon Christmas morning when we realized she was misinformed I went to return items december 27th but sales clerk and store manager could not help me out because return date had expired.

Could not refund even with receipt because their computer would not allow them. That is considerably alot of money to be wasted and cannot be used. So my son has a train table and no tracks or trains that are compatible. I am upset and let down being this is Toys r Us.

Not only that my brother spent 100.00 on an electric race track that was so cheaply made it could not hold itself together as the cars could only make it half way around the track. Why? cuz the pieces were cheaply made the track would fall apart as the cars made it halfway around the race track.

How can Toys R Us put these sort of items on their shelves. Seriously...I could find a better race track at walgreens or any local drug store. I am never taking my business to Toys R Us again.

Things have changed since I was a kid....What is a person to do as a consumer when you cannot trust the company to purchase durable and dependable toys and to train their employees to help their customers spend their money properly. I am still in shock.

Upvote (0)

2012 my last time Black Friday shopping there. Employees are so rude and disrespectful. You ask where somethong is they say Dont Know with and attitude. It was a mess and unorganized. Like how employees not gone know what is on the different aisle. Maybe a
list would have helped their stupidity. Next time people gone snap back. They waited patiently in line didnt push while others were trying to find items by themselves!!!

Upvote (0)

I called Toys R Us Schaumburg to see if they had in inventory that they website said they had in stock. I spoke with 5 different people over a 25 minute span to find out that the first store did not have it. The second store I called, Vernon Hills, also said it had it in stock. I spent 10 minutes on the phone before being disconnected. I called back and waited another 20 minutes before being disconnected again. That's 35 minutes on hold without ever stating what I was calling about. I don't feel this is an acceptable standard and called another store instead. Within 10 minutes they confirmed they had the product and I went there instead. I am very displeased with this inefficiency.

Upvote (0)

Just spent over an hour shopping at Toys R Us online on Black Friday and adding things to my cart only to go to checkout and find my cart empty. Tried to add more and it just kept clearing. Couldn't even buy 1 darn thing. Tried to call customer service only to get a recording indicating you are experiencing technical difficulties. I'll say! Very dissapointed with Toys R US Black Friday! They should at least allow you to purchase online rather than stand in line for hours at the store like cattle. In my opinion, Black Friday should be banned because of what it does to people!

Upvote (0)

I was making an order online- this order came to more than $100 and should have qualified for free shipping since it contained a wipes warmer, a wicker basinet/basket and stand. This is not what would be considered "Large Furniture".
The shipping charge was going to end up being 25% of my total purchase.
This is completely absurd.
I'm upset not only because of this, but because I have spent thousands of dollars over the past 8 months at your store- it is the only store I registered at and received many gifts purchased at your store. And now that I have a couple things that I need to buy (and I live about 3 hours away from a babies r us) I have to pay these rediculous shipping charges. I really wish I would have known this before hand becuase I would have never registered there.
I should also mention that the items listed say that they qualify for free shipping if over $100 is spent. My subtotal was $125.

Upvote (0)

On nov 22 I place a large order online. some how the shipping addres got wrong. i contacted toys r us and a supervisor cancelled my order she than re did the whole order again and shipped it to the right address. on mon 26 of nov i received an email stating that they shipped the first order that was cancelled . I called i was put thur to another supervisor who said they dont cancell order i gave my referral number and she was very rude after 90 min i was told to call ups and i was responsible to retrive the cancelled order and return it for a refund. even though the lady on nov 22 assured me she cancelled it before ordering th same order now im getting billed for two i asked the supervisor to listen to our recorded message but got no where. so I called ups and they said toyrus had to call them to return to sender which would be toys r us. so i called again after 55 more min the teller answered and said let me get my supervisr than they hung up on me. I never got my problem resolved and dont know who to talk to. Every year i spend betwwen 500 and 10000 dollars at toys r us i cancelled my toys r us card and will never never shop there again a long with family members many friends and anyone who will listen to my christmas nightmare. how can i get this problem fix what if i cant get my packages back i cant even finish santa shopping for my two 6 year olds due 6 due to hours being decreased thanks for listening discouraged customer.

1) Item 036711 purchased from Babies R Us was damaged out of the box;
2) Rewards were never received by e-mail, and found out they already expired.

Prior to Christmas 2011, my wife & I went shopping at Babies R Us on Jamboree in Irvine. We picked out a couple of things and went to check out and pay. The sales associate assisting us told us about a Rewards program, where we would be eligible to receive a gift certificate usable at Babies R Us or Toys R Us stores, and that we would be receiving something in the mail about this with the certificate.

Based on this inducement, we signed up for the Rewards program, and went back into the store to buy more items -- far above and beyond what we had intended, to earn more of the Rewards that were mentioned to us.

We made a couple of purchases that day, which included two of the FAO Baby Chef Ultimate Baby Food Center products, item 036711, UPC 789887301539, one for our daughter for use for our granddaughter, and another for our niece, who is expecting a baby. The item for our daughter had already been opened, and the sales clerk opened the box to see if everything was in the box.

It was, but what wasn't seen was the piece with the blender blade that was completely warped, as if it had been heated up and partially melted. In addition, the container that attached to it was also damaged at the top. In essence, the product is unusable, and customer service cannot find any way to replace the unit or repair it.

Ultimately, I'm extremely disappointed with my experience dealing with Babies R Us, from the supposed Rewards inducement and rip-off, to the item damaged and sold as new.

Upvote (0)

I was waiting in line for awhile before the Toys R Us opened, line wasnt too long so I knew I was one of the first 200 customers. Finally, my family and I got to the front of the line and they had just run out of the little goodie bags they were giving away. However, you look over and people were walking with two of those bags in their hands. Myself and the three customers in front of me had told them that we felt it was unfair as we had been standing in line early waiting for this gift. They literally said "Oh Well." I was mad, but brushed it off because their was nothing they could do anymore.

However, some of the thing the employees said to me didn't sit well with me. There was a Disney chair (Minnie Mouse) that had the incorrect price on it, so I was trying to get an employee to help me figure out the correct price. I walked over to the electronics department and asked a man if he could help me. He said "Well I'm in the electronic department, go find somebody in red." I walked to the next employee, which was all the way in the front of the store (I did not see any employee in the middle or the back of the store), he was the line monitor. I asked if he could help me or at least help me find somebody to help with my question. He brushed me off and said he can't leave his area because he had to monitor the line. I understood that, however, he had a walkie talkie. Why couldn't he ask somebody using that? Isn't that what they have them for?

So finally, I went to the clothes dept and there was two people standing there. I kindly asked one of them to help me. She said yeah, but sounded hesitant as if she didn't want to walk all the way to the back of the store. Then the price on the minnie mouse disney chair ticket said $59.99, but was ringing up $69.99. She sounded as if she was mad about having to give me the item for that price & was saying something about "this is what happens when ____ doesn't let me do my job." The ___ meaning I do not remember the name she said, I think she was talking about the manager.

Went to go to the check-out, ended up spending about $100 because at that point, I just had to get out of this store. The lady that rang me up did not even say hi or how are you. Just took the stuff, rang it out, and we were done

Upvote (0)

My husband and I are furious with your company. We each pre-ordered Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition and today I get an email stating that due to "technical difficulties" our orders were cancelled. I have spoken to several customer service people to find out how and why this happened. You should have know you were only getting so many and therefore only taken that amount of pre-orders. Instead, you allowed people to continue to pre-order the item knowing you would not be able to fulfill them. This is completely unacceptable. Due to ypour complete incopentence regarding pre-orders, I now cannot purchase this item anywhere. If I would have known this was going to be the issue, I would have pre-ordered from another store and would have been guaranteed to have it already. This problem with "technical difficulties" seemd to be a Toys R Us issue, no other stores seem to have had this problem with fulfilling customers orders. And to compensate us with $10 off our next order is a slap in the face. You can be sure ordering from your company will never happen again. We will no longer shop/order anything ever again from Toys R Us. I have also started letting many people know how you operate and what has happened, as well as post online, on facebook and several other online social sites. I promise you I will be getting the word out! And I'm sure you don't really care, but by my order not getting fulfilled and not being able to purchase this game anywhere, my autistic son is going to be completely and uderly crushed. I am the one who has to try and explain to him why he isn't getting this game and then see the look on his face...not you!!

Upvote (0)

On December 4, 2012 I placed an order for 2 items for my Grandchildren for Christmas. I live in the USA and my grandchildren live in Melbourne, Australia, so I placed the order through Toys R Us in Australia. The items were Code 161349 & Code 78704......Imaginarium Spiral Train Set & a Chico Band Lil Driver Walker......$49.97 for the train & $99.67 for the walker both paid for using pay pal.....The Walker was delivered but not the Train set.....Repeated efforts have been made by me to get this matter resolved with only unkept promises from ToyRus that the matter would be resolved.....I'm at wits end because I'm not sure what my next move should be but I'll find a solution if this communication should fail...There was no order number, only a Tax Invoice #3297459.....The Australian ToysRus telepbone number is: 1300 8697 787.....Thanks for your help with this complaint.......Elizabeth Anne Cody

Upvote (0)

I waited the 3-5 business days I was told it would take. I then called Customer Service and I was told that he seen no reason for it NOT to be back on card already. He then said he was going to email another dept that handled this and I should hear from them in about 2 hours.

I then called back and was on phone for 40 minutes and when I was transferred to refund dept and held on more time, well then a recording came on and said there were no agents available and hung up. At this point im beyond pissed.Still do not have matter resolved. I then called back and wait time was about 40 minutes. Im very upset over this, I don't understand what the problem is .

I stopt by and bought a Elmo potty chair for my 2 year old but I deceived to return it cause he was scare of the potty he never used it . So they told me they couldn't take it back cause the box was open but when I pick it at the store it was open to start . My point I's that in the receive nowhere in it it say potties are not returnable would never buy nothing from them ever again

Upvote (0)

I have a birthday party to throw next weekend and I went to toys r us today in Arlington Texas to purchase my daughters presents. I had $200 worth of toys in the basket and I finally found the barbie camper she wanted. Originally $80.00 and it was on sale for $38.00 I was very excited and went to ask an associate a question and she took down the sign and told me it was not on sale it was from yesterday. I was one day off, but I had already added that in my basket and was extremely happy to add that to her gifts. Working in a field that deals with great customer service, I was very disappointed and upset, because that's the price I grabbed it for and that's the price I should of gotten it for. Very upset I put everything back and left. I will now have to go to another toy store to find everything I wanted to get her.

Upvote (0)

I purchased several items at toys r us.com. I paid additionally for the items to be gift wrapped and I included a message to go with the gifts. The items were sent without being gift wrapped and of course no message included. I then contacted 1-800-869-7787 I had to wait 26 minutes for a customer service representative to answer, then I was placed on hold for another two minutes.

I let her know how frustrating the whole experienced had been. She informed me that I would be refunded the gift wrap fee. The entire phone call was 32 minutes long, most of it was me on hold. I have never experienced such awful service. This was my first and last time purchasing anything from toys r us. com and I will not purchase at the stores either. I can honestly say you have lost a customer.

In addition, I received the order that I had shipped to my house and it was sent without a shipping box. My grandson whom I bought it for lives across the street and the surprise was almost ruined since it was left by my front door.

Your company really needs to review what you are doing and work towards improving your methods in order to be able to satisfactorily service your customers. Remember that word of mouth can "Make or Break" a business. As you know in today's economy it doesn't take long to loose your company. Larger companies have already gone out of business. It is imperative to maintain the customers you have.

When I spoke to the customer service representative, I requested for someone to call me. I'll wait and see if it happens!

Upvote (0)

The group interview was awful! We had to do a partner activity where we had to tell each other why we "deserve" to work for Toys 'R Us and tell it to the Human Resources (HR) Manager. Then, we got called in one by one for individual interviews, where we were asked the same question. The individual interviews were with the individual, the HR Manager, and some other manager, who looked like Guy Smiley from Sesame Street with giant, white pieces of Chicklets gum for teeth! If you're too dumb to figure out why people want to work for your company, you shouldn't be working!

The orientation was even worse. We watched an hour and a half of videos, filled out paperwork, and got a "grand" tour of the store. The best part of the whole orientation was the video on Code Adam (finding a missing kid in a store program). When it came time to ask questions, the HR Manager (who was running orientation) couldn't even give a straight answer to anyone's question.

I did a bit of research on my own about the company and tried to find straight answers to questions I had. What I learned horrified me the most. Even though the employee handbook and the orientation videos say that employees are supposed to be honest and report dishonesty and not "trash talk" the company, the company is intentionally misleading customers, employees, potential hires, and investors. As of this posting, Toys 'R Us is $5.12 billion in debt. They have carefully tried to hide this fact.

According to the CEO, if they don't meet or exceed their Holiday Sales numbers they had prior to the recession, the company could go out of business entirely. His plan is to meet or exceed the Holiday Sales numbers, instead of finding other ways to reduce the debt. How are they supposed to even pay their employees with that much debt? Employees, investors, potential hires, and customers should be worried about what will happen if Toys 'R Us don't meet or exceed Holiday Sales numbers this Holiday season. What should potential hires and employees do if they know this? Stay silent?

This is truly a strange and somewhat scary experience. What is someone to do with something like this?

Order #8622871058 placed 12/3/2012
Ordered 6 Christmas gifts on-line for FREE in store pick-up. As I placed each item in my cart, it was indicated the item was definitely in stock and should be ready for pick up in approximately 2 hours. Several hours late I received an email canceling the entire order, no explanation given. Simply said we were unable to complete your order so we have cancelled.

How can the on-line order screen indicate every item in stock at the store I designated for pick up and then cancel? Not one single item said out of stock when I placed the order. I want an explanation.

Upvote (0)

I placed an order online, within a few minutes I received an email stating my order was suspended due to card issues, on YOUR companies gift card. I called and spoke to an Eric who stated there is nothing wrong with our gift card and he doesn't know why the order was suspended and proceeded to say that the order would have to canceled and re-done online. We said ok and then went on to re-order....well the money is not there. After calling back and waiting on hold another 20 minutes we were told it takes 24-48 hours for the money to be returned.....what?? You screwed my order up and now I have to wait to place my order?? Unacceptable!!!!!!! I was then told that they would uphold the sale prices when I replace as some of my items were only on sale another day, but that if the items were out of stock there is nothing they can do about that. So because of your systems screw up I might end up screwed out of my children's Christmas toys??? Again UNACCEPTABLE!!! So I ask to speak to a manager and get transferred to Corporate relations where I am told the same thing. Why can't MY money get put back on YOUR gift card (not a credit card) Without any issues, especially since this was your screw-up?? Why is it that the order can't be put through even though you have MY money??? If you have my money why can the order be put through again and set as paid since it already is??? IT does not make sense that in 2012 something as stupid as that can not be done, and I am pretty much BEAT if you sell out of any of the items I spent 2 days planning to order!!! And Again UNACCEPTABLE!! I have problems every-time I order from Toys R Us online and I will make sure I never order from you again....you can not take peoples money and force them to wait days to get it back because your "system" doesn't allow people to make changes that are pretty simple and easy. I have never had this issue with anyone I ordered from online, it got messed up they fixed and gave me a discount for my "troubles", again I don't want anything but MY ORDER PLACED and on it's way to my home!!!! That doesn't seem that hard!! I will tell everyone I know about my experience and urge them to shop at Walmart or Kmart instead where there items are less than yours anyway!! I have never been this frustrated over a transaction and to sit on hold for that long several times to be told there is nothing we can do to fix OUR mistake and get you back YOUR money or your items is completely just bad business and a lack of care for your loyal customers!!! Again I will share my experience online at any review place I can and post it on my Facebook for all my family and friends to see!!! They should not have to go through what I am right now just to Christmas shop with my own money!!! I am totally done with your company and other companies and with 2 kids over the last 3 years I have given babies r us and toys r us a lot of business!!!! Disgusting company as far as i am concerned, start treating your customers better before you don't have any anymore and maybe this is why your company is going down the drain!!!!!

Upvote (0)

On several occasions now I've noticed in the Toys R Us store, located in Waterford Ct, treat ther employees very poorly. Paticularly the manages to the lower level employees. At least 4 times withing the last two weeks, one of their employees, who is one of my best friends has been denied a break while working and 8 to 9 hour shift because the store is in sufficiently employed. A lak of employees is still no excuse to break the law with no remorse. On top of this the managers are constantly in a bad mood everytime I'm there, and when called on for assistance by other employees for help with something, especially register related, they give them and attitude and yell at them for not knowing how to do it. Some instances bein that the employee cannot because he or she is not a manager, and yet they are still scolded and constantly harassed. I for one am completely disgusted by this, and am hoping that by sending this things will change.

Upvote (0)

I went to purchase a Thomas the train table at the Niles oh store. They didnot have it in stock. This was first day of ad. They offered to order it
Online saying we'll wave the shipping & ship to your home. Ok fine. But was not able to use my coupon because now it's an online purchase.
So because the stores don't have things in stock I cant use a coupon. If you had it there I could of used it. And as for the free shipping I come home go on line & well everyone can get free shipping. I dropped $300 in that store that day & couldn't use my coupon. Thinking I'll shop elsewhere next time. Oh ya couldn't use coupon on the other stuff I bought because they were learning toys ! Why give coupons if you can't use them.

Upvote (0)

I made a online purchase On 12/6/12. For a total of $172.18... Over the course of 4 hours I received 4 order conformations, 4 different order numbers. So I call your 800 number. I have NEVER had such horrible customer service. Not only were they rude, they made it out like the multiple charges were my fault. Simply stating "we'll you Will just have to wait until they are all shipped" I am a single mom of two kids.. My husband was killed in Iraq last year. I don't have the money to be charged $172.18 FOUR times. My checking account went into overdraft, the overdraft charges were outrageous!! I got in touch with my bank and they disputed 2 of the 4 charges. I called your 800 number 20 times in a 4 day period trying to get answers or reassurance that they were working on the order problems. On Sunday, I get 2 shipping conformations, they are sending me 2 of everything. And yet another person shrugged me off basically saying "oh well" I never got an apology, or any kind of help whatsoever. I'm trying my hardest to make my children's first christmas without their father a good one, but yet it is horrible!! I can't even buy my kids food because of what y'all did. So now i have to wait for all my stuff (plus the duplictes) and either take time off work to return them to the store, or ship them back and wait 4-5 days for my money to be put back on my card.. its a lose-lose situation for me. i have always shopped your stores, but after this Experience, I'm afraid I will not shop there again.

Upvote (0)

I Truly hope I get a response back from this e mail. Here is my plight. When Toys R Us announced its " hot toy items " of the year, I saw the Tabeo Tablet and thought they wold be the perfect gift for my twin 5 year olds. So I ordered 1, and my wife ordered 1 since it was a 1 item limit in them. I received them , happily back in October and put them away for Christmas.

Well , here it is December 23rd, and I take them out from under my bed , ready to charge them so my kids could have them ready to go on Christmas morning. Much to my dismay , one of the units would not accept the charge . I called the company, and they walked me through a bunch of reset exercises, to no avail. So I went to the nearest Toys R Us , which is 30 minutes from my house, at 11 pm on dec 23.

To exchange the defective device for a new, working one. I was greated by the assistant manager of the NY store who told me, " sorry, it's over 45 days, there's nothing I cold do". Ok, well, my question was....what do I do with it now since it doesn't not work? Her reply was a shrug of her shoulders. Ok, let me speak to the mgr , I ask. She returns 10 minutes later with a young man shaking his head saying, " nope nope".

Before I ever got to explain to him the situation. I tried to explain that it's over 45 days because I put it away for christmas and now what am i supposed to give my kids Christmas morning. I got another shrug from the 20 something year old manager, who surely doesn't have kids and doesn't know what anynof this means to a hard working parent like myself.

The item is DEFECTIVE. IT DOES NOT WORK ! What am I supposed to do? I never opened it until today, and all anyone wants to tell me is that it has been 45 days ! Whether I bought it 46 days ago or yesterday , I just opened it so it was DEFECTIVE when I opened it.

I do not understand ow a huge corporation like Toys R US can not help me in any way. I'm not a young child. I'm not trying to get over on anyone, I just wanted a product that my kids can use on Christmas morning !!!!!! What options do I have? Am I just out of luck?.

Contact the Toys R Us Complaint Department