Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by lindsay wilson
Jan 18, 2015 - Telford, ENG
Poor

I ordered something off Groupon before Christmas, I had an email to say it had been despatched on 6th December, after waiting a week or so I contacted Groupon to say my order hadn't arrived. They emailed me back to say it had been delivered on 6th December by royal mail, I thought this strange as I only received the despatched email on the same date, they said I should check with neighbours to see if they had my package and to get in touch with royal mail. I did both of these things my neighbours didn't have my parcel, and royal mail told me the same thing it was delivered to my address on 6th December. I asked who had signed for the parcel as I knew it was definitely not us as we were away that day and night with friends, they told me the parcel didn't require a signature. And that I should get back in touch with Groupon as its there responsibility. I then emailed Groupon again to inform them of what royal mail said, I heard nothing back but presumed this was because it was over the Christmas period and there was nobody working to respond to me. I then emailed again stating the same thing at the beginning of January, I did then receive a response saying I should check with neighbours again. I have done this again and they stress they have NO parcels for me. I have since told Groupon this AGAIN and have not had a reply, I have asked now for a full refund as I DO NOT have my parcel that I have paid for! And still now reply. I'm at a loss now of what to do?

Have you had problems with Groupon?

Compare Groupon to Similar Deal Websites more...

Top 153 Reviews about Groupon

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Groupon customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I ordered a computer using Groupon. It arrived with a damaged box. I asked the driver how it happened and he said he didn't know. I set the computer up and it didn't work. I have tried on numerous occasions to get in touch with the supplier who hasn't been very helpful. I paid a lot of money for this item and want something sorting!

Re: alpha health in Greensboro NO

I have had nothing but problems with the older lady staff member. She first stated I could not get my massage because I am pregnant. She made an appointment over a month away, against my wishes, and assured me she call me a few days before. I am out of town because my father is ill. He has been in the hospital for over a week. Yet I got nothing but a lecture from the older woman that it is my responsibility to make it to my appointment.

I must say, that she too, tried to get me to buy into their diet program the day I met her and when I met with the chiropractor, not an M.D, he stated he uses HCG hormones, a pregnant hormone, to get people to lose weight. I stated but I'm pregnant and was advised by the chiropractor and the older lady that it was safe. I declined their services and stated, that I'd have to verify it with my M.D at Duke. Neither of them was pleased. I strongly feel this was the reason from them refusing to honor the Groupon and issues me a refund! I tell you my story so you can make an independent decision to visit them.

Horrible

I ordered an Armani watch for my dad's 60th birthday, after 10 days I chased the order up and was told they cannot find the order. I was then told the order had been placed again and had to wait another 7 days even though his birthday had gone I accepted this. I came home today to find the completely wrong watch has arrived!! and was told it would take another 14 days to get a refund. I find the service I have received totally unacceptable and will put me out of pocket, and he still has yet to receive his 60th birthday present. I have lost total faith in Groupon for not doing more to help.

Bad

I made a reservation at the Bevo Mill for last Sunday morning and got sick and could not eat anything, so I called the number listed on the Groupon that morning. A phone answering machine picked up my call and said the messages were full and to call back on Monday morning. I tried to get another phone number for them to no avail.

When I called back around 9:00 a.m. Monday morning, I talked to a couple of people before reaching the manager. The manager told me that he had been answering the phones until around noon on Sunday, and that I had not called and that the answering machine had a message that listed an emergency number to call. He said I was telling the truth and that he was charging my credit card $25.00. My husband called the manager back and told him that he had been sitting beside me when I called and that I was telling the truth. The manager hung up on him.

I received an e-mail today that said it was an apology; however, he was standing by what he said and still charging me $25.00, which I plan to refute. Nowhere on the Groupon is there listed an emergency number to call, nor is there a policy written about charging $25.00 for not showing up. I did, however, use a Groupon once before at Bevo with good results, but I was healthy that day and able to show up.

Horrible

I bought a $200 Groupon for Dermix Institute on Davie Street in Vancouver, BC through your company. I had the initial consultation with them where they made me pay an additional $250 to get the products I would need for my Fraxel appointment which they kept canceling! I finally went to my appointment on March 26th, 2015, and I showed up but no one was there. Someone came out of the company beside them who told me the Dr was charged with fraud for impersonating a Dr as she did not have a license to practice. I want my money back. Surely Groupon should stand behind the companies they advertise. I am extremely unhappy about this.

Bad

I would like an answer to my complaint. I reached out to contact Groupon customer service department with no answer. Who do I have to get a hold of to reach help with this company?

Bad

somehow, my account was deactivated. Then, I couldn't get onto the iPhone Groupon app, which means you can't do ANYTHING, including use your Groupons! Then, you can't find a phone number to call them! THEN, they put you on hold for, I shit you not, THREE HOURS! I spoke with one douche after 1 1/2 hours on hold, and he knew nothing whatsoever, so he put me on hold again, while knowing (Okay. He knew ONE thing. He knew I'd be on hold until 12 hours later, because nobody would pick up the phone!) that he couldn't help me!!!! Pretty sure I've never been so irate at a company in my life......

Bad

We booked a hotel stay with Groupon 28/3/2015 at the countryside express hotel Northumberland went we got there the smell of damp in the building was overpowering and there was no heating at all it was freezing and it was very dirty the Indian gentleman behind reception was very miserable and made me my wife and I very uncomfortable by starring at us constantly so we left without staying and we are now very unhappy with Groupon for misleading us too believe this was a decent hotel

Horrible

Stopped using Groupon about 1 yr ago as every time tried to go into my account, kept saying password not accepted, took forever to change it. 3 months ago set up another password, ordered few things which I got, ordered vouchers but cant print off, saying wrong password and no account, tried to reset password 5 times, I phoned up, they said will solve problem, 3 more attempts to reset password, nothing, cant print vouchers off which may have expired, all I want is to be able to get into their site, reset my password and hey presto. They are not the easiest company to work with and trying to get information is worse. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Bad

I purchased a subscription to Pittsburgh Magazine on 1/31/15. To date (3/28/150 I have not received the magazines and the number given on my groupon charge receipt is a constant busy. How do I get my money back or get the magazines?

Bad

I ordered 2 items paid by credit card and never received them numerous emails got me no where. Please tell me now what to do about Groupon.

Horrible

I can't believe groupon represents this facade of a company. All they do is for $10 refer you to a local paintball company. The paint ball company has no association with paintball promo.com they have their own charges separate from this groupon sham. Please act like a legitimate business, veto the crap you have on your site or you will lose credibility. I have now doubts about the authenticity of your offerings. Thanks to this paintball experience.

Bad

The protein shake arrived damaged. The lid was not sealed properly and the powder has spilt out into the packaging box. I want to return it and have another or a full refund. Please contact me on 07583929379, thank you.

Bad

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes. The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was-NOTHING!!!
If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Horrible

I purchased a Groupon for a sail on San Francisco Bay with a company called Bay Area Excursions. I contacted Bay Area Excursions three times, providing them with a total of nine different dates for the sail. None of them were available. I contacted the company again nearly two weeks ago and haven't heard back. I complained to Groupon and they have done nothing to resolve the problem. Groupon advertises that, if there is a problem, they will make it right or refund any money paid. They have blatently violated that promise. I have been a regular Groupon customer but no more.

Poor

Groupon's website indicated that Hot Mama in Roseville, MN was offering 3 body contouring sessions for $149, a $1,200 value. When I went to my first session, I asked her if each session regular price was really $400, and she said no. She doesn't know why Groupon states that. She said regular price for three sessions is $199. So in other words, I didn't get the 87.5% discount I was expecting, I actually only got a 25% discount. Knowing that, I wouldn't have bought the Groupon.

Horrible

Groupon voucher was refused by the merchant claiming they had canceled the contract with Groupon. I had to pay for the services. The voucher I purchased from Groupon is good until March 6th. 2013.
Groupon in their contract said: "If merchant refuses to honor voucher for any reason. Groupon will refund the amount paid. back
I want my money back.
Merchant: Tokyo Nails. Phone: 954-974-1222. Address: 1280 Power Line Rd.Fort Lauderdale. Florida.Amount paid: $ 21.00.

Please help me. Thank you
Ana Saucedo

Poor

I purchased a groupon deal for "Taps" in Arizona for my mom & dad to enjoy. They appeared at the restaurant and the server said that 'the girl who usually does this is NOT here today'. What??!! They were NEVER SERVED ANYTHING!!!

Groupon and this establishment have STOLEN MY MONEY!!!!!!!! NO WHERE ON THE VOUCHER does it state they need a reservation. They were treated rudely, never served even a glass of water, and were IGNORED the entire time they were waiting to decide what they should do.

I intend to file a complaint with the BBB, the manager of the establishment (will
contact their corporate office as well), and a complaint with you for even 'suggesting' this horrible place. This was my mother's 76th birthday as well!!

Groupon and Taps ruined what was otherwise a nice day! I would appreciate a SWIFT resolution to this problem. No kidding, you have already STOLEN my money and I want it back!

Poor

I purchased a voucher for the above shop at a cost of £15, for £40 worth of treatments including lip & chin wax, eyebrow waxing & shaping, eyelash tinting and false eyelashes. I went to the shop on Saturday 10th September, I did not have the lip & chin wax, the eyebrow wax was only a wax and no shaping.
The eyelash tint was done but didn’t look any different. At the shop (Patsy) told me that the glue used for eyelashes would only last a week, which was no good as I was going on holiday for 2 weeks.

I had to pay another £10 for special glue so the lashes would stay on longer. I didn’t have part of the treatment and it would normally be £40+, so why another £10 so the eyelashes would stay on? Surely I should expect them to stay on for £40? I paid the extra £10, so the treatment had cost me £25. The next day, Sunday, the eyelashes started coming loose, by Monday they were half falling off but still on enough so I dare not pull them off in case I pulled all my own eyelashes out.

I constantly rang the shop on Monday and left messages but no-one answered the phone or returned my messages. As we were going to Greece the next morning (Tuesday) I had to ring a local beauty parlour for help. The girl there said the lashes had been applied very badly, with too many, were too long and the glue had gone all over the lashes with far too much glue applied. I had to pay £12 for the pleasure of having them removed as it was not viable to apply yet more glue.

The treatment (plus fuel costs from Leeds to Guiseley and back) has cost me £37 and didn’t last 24 hours. Groupon have not answered any of my emails and the shop say they will only give me the £10 back as Groupon keep the full £15, which is quite ridiculous as if that were the case the shop would be doing all the treatments for nothing. What do I do now?

Horrible

I ordered on the 1st sept 2 sofa beds £358 in total as I made a mistake ordering 2? I tried from the 3rd sept to cancel one of them,after numerous emails to groupon they have robbed me off saying that the company that are supplying the sofas owe me the money refund well I got through to the company crazypricebeds and spoke to PERSON! And was told that the company did not have my order and that groupon owe me the whole £358 back as there aren't any sofas left, groupon don't answer emails nor do they answer their phone in London what do I do?

I've sent two emails to Groupon, 5/12/11 and 9/12/11 to request a full refund for the Blase nail course. Having contacted Blase direct it turns out there is no kit/goody bag, it turns out you have to supply all your own kit including false nails (their email stated the advert had been badly worded) I have been miss sold this experience I requested a full refund. Yes you guessed right, I've just been ignored, Blase were very unhelpful and don't care that one of there customers have been badly let down, what does that say about the company as a whole? where do I go from here to get my refund, rip off Briton? Watchdog? Dominic Little?

I orderd 2 sofas from groupon costing £250 and awaitind delivery. The first delivery date came and they said they couldnt deliver them on that date so they arranged anotehr time. The second day came and went. When I got through to the sofa company it turns out that they are in dispute with Groupon so arent sending any sofas out now. I have emailed Groupon throughout this process including now where I am demanding a refund but have not heard anything back from them. Thing is we desperately need that money now and I am getting so worried about what will happen. I will never buy anything from Groupon again.

Contact the Groupon Complaint Department