Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by lindsay wilson
Jan 18, 2015 - Telford, ENG
Poor

I ordered something off Groupon before Christmas, I had an email to say it had been despatched on 6th December, after waiting a week or so I contacted Groupon to say my order hadn't arrived. They emailed me back to say it had been delivered on 6th December by royal mail, I thought this strange as I only received the despatched email on the same date, they said I should check with neighbours to see if they had my package and to get in touch with royal mail. I did both of these things my neighbours didn't have my parcel, and royal mail told me the same thing it was delivered to my address on 6th December. I asked who had signed for the parcel as I knew it was definitely not us as we were away that day and night with friends, they told me the parcel didn't require a signature. And that I should get back in touch with Groupon as its there responsibility. I then emailed Groupon again to inform them of what royal mail said, I heard nothing back but presumed this was because it was over the Christmas period and there was nobody working to respond to me. I then emailed again stating the same thing at the beginning of January, I did then receive a response saying I should check with neighbours again. I have done this again and they stress they have NO parcels for me. I have since told Groupon this AGAIN and have not had a reply, I have asked now for a full refund as I DO NOT have my parcel that I have paid for! And still now reply. I'm at a loss now of what to do?

Have you had problems with Groupon?

Compare Groupon to Similar Deal Websites more...

Top 153 Reviews about Groupon

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Groupon customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I ordered a computer using Groupon. It arrived with a damaged box. I asked the driver how it happened and he said he didn't know. I set the computer up and it didn't work. I have tried on numerous occasions to get in touch with the supplier who hasn't been very helpful. I paid a lot of money for this item and want something sorting!

Re: alpha health in Greensboro NO

I have had nothing but problems with the older lady staff member. She first stated I could not get my massage because I am pregnant. She made an appointment over a month away, against my wishes, and assured me she call me a few days before. I am out of town because my father is ill. He has been in the hospital for over a week. Yet I got nothing but a lecture from the older woman that it is my responsibility to make it to my appointment.

I must say, that she too, tried to get me to buy into their diet program the day I met her and when I met with the chiropractor, not an M.D, he stated he uses HCG hormones, a pregnant hormone, to get people to lose weight. I stated but I'm pregnant and was advised by the chiropractor and the older lady that it was safe. I declined their services and stated, that I'd have to verify it with my M.D at Duke. Neither of them was pleased. I strongly feel this was the reason from them refusing to honor the Groupon and issues me a refund! I tell you my story so you can make an independent decision to visit them.

Horrible

I ordered an Armani watch for my dad's 60th birthday, after 10 days I chased the order up and was told they cannot find the order. I was then told the order had been placed again and had to wait another 7 days even though his birthday had gone I accepted this. I came home today to find the completely wrong watch has arrived!! and was told it would take another 14 days to get a refund. I find the service I have received totally unacceptable and will put me out of pocket, and he still has yet to receive his 60th birthday present. I have lost total faith in Groupon for not doing more to help.

Bad

I made a reservation at the Bevo Mill for last Sunday morning and got sick and could not eat anything, so I called the number listed on the Groupon that morning. A phone answering machine picked up my call and said the messages were full and to call back on Monday morning. I tried to get another phone number for them to no avail.

When I called back around 9:00 a.m. Monday morning, I talked to a couple of people before reaching the manager. The manager told me that he had been answering the phones until around noon on Sunday, and that I had not called and that the answering machine had a message that listed an emergency number to call. He said I was telling the truth and that he was charging my credit card $25.00. My husband called the manager back and told him that he had been sitting beside me when I called and that I was telling the truth. The manager hung up on him.

I received an e-mail today that said it was an apology; however, he was standing by what he said and still charging me $25.00, which I plan to refute. Nowhere on the Groupon is there listed an emergency number to call, nor is there a policy written about charging $25.00 for not showing up. I did, however, use a Groupon once before at Bevo with good results, but I was healthy that day and able to show up.

Horrible

I bought a $200 Groupon for Dermix Institute on Davie Street in Vancouver, BC through your company. I had the initial consultation with them where they made me pay an additional $250 to get the products I would need for my Fraxel appointment which they kept canceling! I finally went to my appointment on March 26th, 2015, and I showed up but no one was there. Someone came out of the company beside them who told me the Dr was charged with fraud for impersonating a Dr as she did not have a license to practice. I want my money back. Surely Groupon should stand behind the companies they advertise. I am extremely unhappy about this.

Bad

I would like an answer to my complaint. I reached out to contact Groupon customer service department with no answer. Who do I have to get a hold of to reach help with this company?

Bad

somehow, my account was deactivated. Then, I couldn't get onto the iPhone Groupon app, which means you can't do ANYTHING, including use your Groupons! Then, you can't find a phone number to call them! THEN, they put you on hold for, I shit you not, THREE HOURS! I spoke with one douche after 1 1/2 hours on hold, and he knew nothing whatsoever, so he put me on hold again, while knowing (Okay. He knew ONE thing. He knew I'd be on hold until 12 hours later, because nobody would pick up the phone!) that he couldn't help me!!!! Pretty sure I've never been so irate at a company in my life......

Bad

We booked a hotel stay with Groupon 28/3/2015 at the countryside express hotel Northumberland went we got there the smell of damp in the building was overpowering and there was no heating at all it was freezing and it was very dirty the Indian gentleman behind reception was very miserable and made me my wife and I very uncomfortable by starring at us constantly so we left without staying and we are now very unhappy with Groupon for misleading us too believe this was a decent hotel

Horrible

Stopped using Groupon about 1 yr ago as every time tried to go into my account, kept saying password not accepted, took forever to change it. 3 months ago set up another password, ordered few things which I got, ordered vouchers but cant print off, saying wrong password and no account, tried to reset password 5 times, I phoned up, they said will solve problem, 3 more attempts to reset password, nothing, cant print vouchers off which may have expired, all I want is to be able to get into their site, reset my password and hey presto. They are not the easiest company to work with and trying to get information is worse. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Bad

I purchased a subscription to Pittsburgh Magazine on 1/31/15. To date (3/28/150 I have not received the magazines and the number given on my groupon charge receipt is a constant busy. How do I get my money back or get the magazines?

Bad

I ordered 2 items paid by credit card and never received them numerous emails got me no where. Please tell me now what to do about Groupon.

Horrible

I can't believe groupon represents this facade of a company. All they do is for $10 refer you to a local paintball company. The paint ball company has no association with paintball promo.com they have their own charges separate from this groupon sham. Please act like a legitimate business, veto the crap you have on your site or you will lose credibility. I have now doubts about the authenticity of your offerings. Thanks to this paintball experience.

Bad

The protein shake arrived damaged. The lid was not sealed properly and the powder has spilt out into the packaging box. I want to return it and have another or a full refund. Please contact me on 07583929379, thank you.

Bad

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes. The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was-NOTHING!!!
If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Horrible

I am so disappointed in my experience with the Salon "Heavan on Earth" through Groupon and I would like an investigation into this and feedback.
I had booked a partner massage and have gone for many massages before but this was the worst one I have experienced.

From my side I need to tell you what happened and unfortunately it has just left me with a bad experience as I was so upset as it was a birthday massage as well.

On arrival first of all we were all waiting at the gate. There were 2 other cars waiting and not too sure as to whether the buzzer was working or not. We also tried to call the owner on her cell phone and she has since clarified the buzzer was not working.

Once in the salon room, the towels that we lay on had a damp smell and even felt damp. There was no aircon in the room and the room did not even have the ambience of a salon room. We were sweating lying there.

The 2 therapists and I’m really not going to slate them off as they seemed sweet, but the therapist who massaged me did nothing for me. It was an absolute poor quality massage and I felt like she had; if anything; dipped me into a bath of oil.
I did actually ask her to stop the massage before she had finished as I felt uncomfortable and just awful and wanted to leave. Even the head massage was terrible. I’m not too sure what happened here and think its unfair that something like this gets advertised on Groupon and the quality was so poor.

When I left even the dress I was wearing got oil on. The owner has since offered me a complimentary massgae but I will never return.

I feel that Groupon need to be aware of this as nowadays a massage is an absolute luxury.

Poor

I puchased a voucher for a Vax floor steamer value £62.99. I placed my order and and my code was accepted.3t2xk8d7rm. Unfortunately I did not go far enough down the page therefore my order did not go through, I appreciate this was my own fault and am not blaming your firm. I phoned you and was told nothing could be done, I therefore have no refund or steamer. I cannot afford to loose this money and have nothing to show for it. I am a pensioner and a widow. Please can someone help me out here ? I know it was my mistake but I would appreciate some give and take with your large concern. I notice the vax steamer is on special again and would still like to have this item, as you still have my £62.99 I wonder if it would possible for you to transfer my money for me. Thanyou Irene Syme

Bad

Purchased 4 snorkeling cruise for my Hawaii vacation. Merchant has no seats available on my vacation dates and they suggested me to get refund from Groupon. Guess what, Groupon refused to give me refund and insisted that i should use those vouchers in the future or give them as gifts away. I'm living in NYC!!!!

Poor

My son bought a massage gift for me for my birthday and the company, From Within Massage & Wellness Center, will not return my calls. On the website to book an appointment there is "no availability" for weeks. I have called several times over the past few weeks and left messages, emailed a message to call me and have constantly checked the availablity on line for an appointment and it reads "no availability". It expires tomorrow, this really seems unfair. I would like my sons money refunded immediately. I can be reached at 760-213-2920.

Horrible

Because you have decided to drop gun shop owners or anything having to do with guns, I insist that you no longer contact me with offers. I will also encourage all my friends to drop Groupon because of your political actions against the 2nd amendment.

In the end we all have rights and so does Groupon, but because they no longer feature daily deals for ammo or guns, I have the right to refuse to deal with Groupon again and to spread the news to all my friends and family online.

Bad

You really need to take this company off of your Groupon deals "CAR CARE CENTRE" 30 Clyde place Glasgow.... Purchased the Groupon for MOT & service.. Phoned & it took 3 weeks to get a space to book car in so today we took it at 8.30a.m. was told it would take over 2 hours to complete, but they mixed things up & had set our car for a valet instead of a MOT & service so at 9.10a.m. we went back to the place to correct this & was told it was just that minute being taken for MOT but we said it was still outside the receptioist said not to worry the mechanic had taken the paperwork & he would be taking it.. We then returned 2 hours later to find the car still sitting in the car park same place had not moved... When we went to the reception to ask what the score was & was told quite casually paper work was still there & it had not gone for its test yet, we then asked why we had been lied to to be met by the man who seemed to be the boss telling us to stop shouting & just go to the waiting room as if being dismissed, saying you have told me that 5 times folding his arms & being very arrogant & saying I will just stand here & you can tell me again..then abruptly said you want to just take your car away, we said no we want the work done... He had no Customer service niceness what so ever or manners. when we asked for his name to complain we were told it was Tony when asked for his surname they all said do not know... We met othe customers with the same feelings & had had the same problems & standard of work was poor regarding valeting etc...While talking to one of those cusomers outside the place & he said to us it was all Bullshit, the guy Tony passed us & as he got into one of the cars he said to us Life is Bullshit mate, now we were not ttlaking to him & feel proffessionally he should not have entered into our private conversation either as I said a very arrogant man... We did not get out of there till 3.15p.m. Would NEVER go again.. Strongly feel you should not be taking any more of there offers onto your groupon website....

Contact the Groupon Complaint Department