Groupon

Most Popular Complaint about Groupon

Posted by lindsay wilson on Jan 18, 2015
Customer Rating

I ordered something off Groupon before Christmas, I had an email to say it had been despatched on 6th December, after waiting a week or so I contacted Groupon to say my order hadn't arrived. They emailed me back to say it had been delivered on 6th December by royal mail, I thought this strange as I only received the despatched email on the same date, they said I should check with neighbours to see if they had my package and to get in touch with royal mail. I did both of these things my neighbours didn't have my parcel, and royal mail told me the same thing it was delivered to my address on 6th December. I asked who had signed for the parcel as I knew it was definitely not us as we were away that day and night with friends, they told me the parcel didn't require a signature. And that I should get back in touch with Groupon as its there responsibility. I then emailed Groupon again to inform them of what royal mail said, I heard nothing back but presumed this was because it was over the Christmas period and there was nobody working to respond to me. I then emailed again stating the same thing at the beginning of January, I did then receive a response saying I should check with neighbours again. I have done this again and they stress they have NO parcels for me. I have since told Groupon this AGAIN and have not had a reply, I have asked now for a full refund as I DO NOT have my parcel that I have paid for! And still now reply. I'm at a loss now of what to do?

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Did Groupon provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Groupon?

1.88 out of 5
33 Complaints

Contact Groupon

Corporate Address

Phone Number

Website

More Groupon Complaints

Customer Rating

I bought a Groupon spa package at forever young anti- aging center in beverly hills. I have called 5 times on 5 different days. Only get an answering machine. No one calls back. I went to their website and scheduled an appointment. No one emailed me back. I am now standing in frint of the spa and it is completely closed. No one is there. I want to report this company and get my money back immediately.

Customer Rating

I ordered a steam mop and two solutions of cleaning product from groupon . They said it would arrive in seven days . I made a complaint when it did not arrive . I got a reply saying I will not hear back for at least a week !! Rubbish service and customer relations

Customer Rating

I received a Groupon gift card for Christmas. When I tried to use it the tape over the PIN is ripping the numbers off making them unreadable. I have sent pics of the front and back of the card including pics showing the PIN numbers sticking to the tape as it peals. I can not be the only one this is happening to. And for the last moron I spoke with, its a gift card. No I don't have a receipt because it is a gift card. That is why it is called a gift card. I have called 3 times and sent 5 emails. It should not be this hard.

Customer Rating

Ordered 32GB PMicroSDHC Class 6 Memory Cards 2-Pack Kit with Order #244201006, received in the mail via USPS an EMPTY envelope with NO contents inside.

Please advise.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Simon Wong on 03/10/2014 at IP address 108.72.6.19 using our Groupon/USPS complaint form. This opinions contained in this Groupon/USPS customer review titled, “Missing Merchandise Purchased (Order # 244201006/Tracking # 9400110200830178791669)” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

My complaint is about the lack of information given in a groupon for the shark cage diving experience with White Shark Adventures. There was no mention of how many groupons were on sale, and “limited availability” is not sufficient information. Also, the deal stated it was still on for another “2 days”, and I open it this morning to read it was closed. I feel there is a serious lack of communication on the marketing front. I had hoped to purchase this groupon immediately after already calling White Shark Adventures to make a booking (as Groupon advises).
I still would very much like to purchase this groupon for 2 people as I’ve already made my booking. Is this possible please?
Regards,
Amy

Customer Rating

I am quite confused-followed your suggestion to call Debbie at Delish as the classes were filled for groupon holders past the expiration date. Talked to an employee as Deb was out and left message about dates in April, May and June that would work. Deb called back and tleft message for me to book online and that it was a simple process.

I know it is a simple process, I have done it before when the class schedule showed availability however classes are filled for groupon users until past the expiration date of the groupon.

As a last ditch effort I again emailed Debbie and reexplained my dilemma and her response was to call the store and they can explain the value of an expired groupon voucher. Please advise what to do now – my groupon expired today.

I was unable to schedule a class in the time window allowed as her classes fill months in advance to groupon users and I did follow your instructions to call Debbie who seems in the dark as to whether she ever spoke to Groupon.

I had used this vendor before for Groupon and did not have these problems however I booked a class immediately with the first groupon. I guess is you have to wait to see your travel schedule you are out of luck with this vendor.

ref#145,310,208

I have been a groupon member for two months now. I recently had my mother sign up. We both made our first purchases last month and were quite pleased. We made a second purchse on Feb. 1st, however one of them didn’t go through, by the time I found out my mother’s didn’t go through, the deal was done. So I called Groupon customer service, this was a disappointing experience to say the least. When I was told the deal for my mother didn’t go through because of a block on Groupon’s side, (because my mother and I have the same address and purchased the same groupon, which I did the same exact thing last time and there wasn’t a problem) the transaction was stopped by Groupon. This wasn’t a problem before, so why now? And moving forward how often would this be a problem? These are questions I wonder about and surely my mother and I can’t be the only ones with the same address and family grouponing? Well the customer service agent was pleasant, but never did I get an apology or really a sympathetic tone, but was told nothing could be done becasue the Groupon was over. HEY! I thought, maybe I need to talk to a Supervisor! These are people well trained and given some more authority when a error on the company’s behalf has been done, or atleast they have been picked for this postition because of their great customer value knowledge, you now the whole ” the cusotomer signs our paycheck, without them we don’t have a business”, approach to these type of situations……right?! Well Chuck, the supervisor I spoke to, may as well have been front line customer service. It was no different, except I waited longer to hear the same thing, but with even a bit more attitude. I will finish with this, I work in customer service, have all my life…I am front line. My company signs it’s paychecks “love your passengers” as a reminder of why we are here, and how we got here. It is experiences like this that remind me always, especially when even just on the front line, what a simple “I am so sorry this happend, let’s see what we can do for you” or an “I understand your frustration, I am unable to assist further, but let me refer you to someone that may, I apoolgize for this inconvenince”. etc. I guess my expectations were to high in looking for an apology or even hearing, Hey you know what, this is a Gropon error, may we offer you a $10 credit and let’s see if there is a Groupon semilar to what you lost out on, going on now!? I would have been so delighted in such a small gesture. I practice this always in my current job, not because I am told or expected but because I know what it’s like to be on the other side, especially in expereinces like this. Groupon you let me down, don’t you take more pride in our company to hire people that actually help your business? So here is my million dollar quesiton, was this a one time occurence, or is the norm at Groupon? If so, then I will put my signature on somone else’s paycheck.

Trinity Dantice

Customer Rating

I ordered two Groupon deals for Picaboo, an online photo-publishing products site. One was for a Photobook and one was for postcards, for my total of $48. A couple of weeks later, I went online to Picaboo to “make” my photobook, only to be informed by a popup that I needed to download their “app” to access their “software” to use their site! Nowhere on the initial Groupon ad was this limitation listed, or I would not have purchased it. Irritated, I went ahead to download the “app” on my old Mac, and was promptly informed that my machine was not compatable. Not to worry, I naively thought… Groupon promises to refund non-useable or not valid groupons, if I’m dissatisfied for any reason. The “Groupon Promise” turns out to be a total crock! Their no-customer-service department snidely responded to my emailed refund (or Groupon Bucks) request telling me it was MY fault my machine wasn’t up to date & I could “gift” my groupons to someone else (like I would curse anyone that way). So I’m SOL and Groupon gets $48 for absolutey nothing! What a scam! Evertime I logged-in to “My Groupons” this injustice was staring me in the face, so I finally marked them as Redeemed just to get them out of my face & my blood pressure down. As soon as my last two Groupons are used, I’m eagerly anticipating deleting my account forever.
On another note, the vitamin supplements I ordered from them had no inner seals on the bottles; two “photo keeper” flash drives arrived crushed & mangled… when I mailed them both back to Groupon, they only refunded me for one of them & I had to hound them to refund the other one. AND a mass-quantity of South Beach Meal Bars I ordered all had expiration dates only two months away! All their “Groupon Goods” Deals are “deals” because they defective in some way & the manufacturers just want to unload them, apparently for pennies on the dollar. Why throw out almost expired food when youb can get money for it? And maybe there ARE some customes out therewho don’t care that the packaging is mangled & bottles not sealed correctly? None of this pertinent information is listed as any kind of disclaimer on the original Groupon pitch. It cost me $48 to learn my lesson. Everyone, beware of Groupoon!

Customer Rating

This organization posted a Groupon last December advertising mobile product repairs (screen repairs, iPhones iPads etc…). Being a teacher, and having my iPad recently have its screen cracked I bought the groupon and took my device into MDE (office is no longer open). Representative was nice, reviewed my iPad, discussed the repair (which he described has straightforward) and gave me a turn around time of 5 days since they were busy.

Six weeks, 8 unreturned phone calls, and more in unanswered emails and I receive my iPad back via UPS in an unrepaired state with a letter. The letter explained two problems: 1) that they had an unexpected move (no forwarding address given); and 2) that they were so busy between the move and groupon sales from December that they could not honor my Groupon.

Only one question; if their so busy WHY DO THEY HAVE ANOTHER SALE ON GROUPON TODAY!!!!!

I can understand being busy, I might also understand the move and it taking size weeks (if it were even repaired$, however this company has an answering service setup to not reach a live person (using any number 0-9) and no one called back, emailed, txtd tweeted me nothing. I had Ko communication from this vender after that initial visit.

This experience has darken my opinion of GroupOn, which only has one chance left before the app is deleted and account closed and its because of this experience that has brought me to considering that option. I would rather spend more money to get quality products and services somewhere else. I would like a reply from GroupOn regarding this matter.

Customer Rating

I am e-mailing regarding the above offer from Groupon. I submitted a complaint previously and your agent requested further information which I have included above.

My boyfriend Carl Kirk purchased me this present of a holistic better health massage on Groupon. It is near impossible to contact the spa and schedule an appointment after several calls and an e-mail.

If this lady cannot take appointments at weekends and no appointments are available until March 2013, when indeed the offer runs out 07/02/2013, then she is robbing people of their money and indeed conning them! She also fails to mention that she is not open at weekends on the advert for the offer.

Who can attend for a massage during the week when we are all at work? This is not at all acceptable and we would like to receive our money back and would suggest that Groupon refrains from dealing with her in the future.

We are not satisfied with this offer and would like a refund.

Customer Rating

The Groupon Promise says to not worry if your Groupon expires because it is still worth the cash value you paid for it at that place of business. Contacted customer service a few times after contacting The Nail Spa in Green HIlls (Nashville TN) about my Groupon I had purchased. There were problems before it expired. When I first tried to make an appointment, I was told I couldn’t have one after 7pm (they close at 9pm) & that I couldn’t be a “walk in” – because I am a Groupon customer. My schedule is busy and so we couldn’t work out this issue. ( already I’m not happy) and then forgot about it for a while. After my Groupon for the VIP mani-pedi expired ( pay $30 for a $62 VIP mani-pedi) I called the Nail Spa to make an appointment for just a manicure to use the $30 value I paid for the Groupon. They WON’T accept it for any other nail service they provide – I am told that I have to pay an additional $32 (original price of VIP mani-pedi) and there are NO other options. I contact Groupon customer service and after multiple emails with Customer rep “Sarah A” ticket #13776976 – I’m told that I have to pay the additional $32 or I’m out my money and that I should have read the fine print. I read the Groupon Promise! They owe me $30 or The Nail Spa needs to honor the $30 I paid. This is outrageous! I asked for contact info of whoever in their company deals with unresolved customer complaints so I could follow up. I was referred to their website where there isn’t any other avenues at resolving issues. Not acceptable!

Customer Rating

I purchased a groupon for Regis for $20 for $40 worth of products. I was told I could not use it because I had received services there before. The groupon later expired and I returned to use the money I had spent towards products because I no longer wished to receive services by them. They said they could not honor this, regardless of what it said in the terms and conditions. I would either like to have a refund or be able to use the money I already spent towards products in the store.
Dr. Lesley Addison

Customer Rating

I signed jp for the CCW Firearms traning that showed on amap about 3 blocks from my house. It showed it on a map to that address on Dean Martin Dri.
When I called to make the appointment for the class it was clear across town instead and was told there wasn’t a class near me as advertised and the class near me was not scheduled yet and didn’t know when they would hold a class there , maybe in January.
All I want is my money back and they want me to give fhis away t ok someone as a gift! No a refund!

Customer Rating

I bought a set of 3 waxes at the dermatology associates of bryn mawr medical specialist in Wynnewood PA. I had used 2 trips already and was told that the practioner is extending the deadline to Dec 31st. When I called to make an appointment on Dec 21st they told me that there were no more spots until after Jan 7th because the person was going on vacation. Then they told me that they would refuse to use my coupon at that time. I called twice and asked for someone to call me back which no one did. I specifically called within enough time to schedule an appointment. I am very disappointed that I made a contract with your company to use a third party and that our contract is not being honored.

Customer Rating

It is with regret that we feel compelled to register this groupon complaint.We had booked a one night stay at The Miraj Hotel in Ashbourne on Saturday 17th March 2012. Firstly, on booking the room we felt the receptionist became curt and unhelpful to accommodate us when she realised we were Groupon customers and we had to wait two and a half months to be given a room.

Unfortunately due to unexpected delays we were 30 minutes late for our pre-booked groupon treatments and we were told that we could not be fitted in that day. Despite this we thought we would go to the room and vist the hotel bar after dropping our bags off. It is at this point where our dissatisfaction deepened. On entering the room we found it to be very shabby indeed. Not only was the room extremely tiny but the wall paper was peeling off of the walls and damp patches could be seen on the ceiling.

The decor was old and dated and the bed covers likewise. There was a musty smell to the room. The standard was very poor indeed. We overlooked a dirty car park which we could view through the yellowing net curtains.A Travelodge room would seem like an executive suite by comparison.

Finally, we thought we would check out the bar and have a drink. This was about 2pm but when we entered the bar area the shutters were down and the whole area was closed. Again the overall decor was drab, dated and unappealing.We had no inclination thereafter to see the pool area as we had the measure of the place.We picked up our bags, cancelled the breakfast and left immediately.

We expected alot more from Groupon as we have had very good restaurant deals with you in the past but alas the hotel didn`t match up to the glossy photographs.I would urge you to consider your connection with this hotel and therefore we would like our money back please.

Customer Rating

Purchased beauty treatment from salon in Toorak called ‘Total Body’ rang them 4 times and left messages for appointment. No answer. Have sent 2 emails requesting my money back and all they did was email me saying the email address has been changed and I need to log in ALL MY PERSONAL DETAILS and wait 7 – 10 for them to get back to me re appointment. Tried to log in to make appointment twice but website rejected my email address. Tried to contact ‘Groupon’ and waited on phone twice and couldn’t get through.

Last night I drove to the salon thinking it would be open late Thursday night but it was closed. I want my money back ASAP and response from ‘Groupon’. I’m pretty upset as I also purchased 2 massages and when I finally got in contact with them couldn’t get appointment till end May, no weekends at all and voucher runs out in June!

I received from my brother a Groupon Champagne tea for 2 – the validity date was to the 25th February. When he bought them he was told that as long the we booked by the 25th feb that was fine we didnt have to go and recieve the experience by that date. I still rang Groupon AND the Hotel (Tophams) and they both told me that as long as it was booked by the 25th then no problem. Guess what happened when I went to book the voucher – they ALL said no you had to have gone by the 25th feb your voucher is now expired. I AM LIVID.

Customer Rating

Got a $10 Groupon for Papa John’s that was only usable online, so I placed an order for about $18.70. The system took the $10 off the total then brought me back to the order screen to complete my order. I didn’t notice the payment type section which apparently was defaulted to cash, and just clicked to finalize the order, expecting to use my card at the store to complete the purchase. I noticed when I got the online receipt that the payment type was set to cash, but I have had experience with Pizza Hut online where you can pay with a card at the store even if you chose cash online, so I didn’t expect it to be a big deal.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be as the employees huddled around the computer trying to swipe my card. They were unable to change the payment type from cash or take my payment at the store, even after calling corporate online. The resolution from them was that I needed to either to come up with the balance in cash or they throw the food in the trash. I ended up leaving and going to get dinner elsewhere. That evening I complained to Papa John’s online about the rigidity of their system, and their response was somewhat condescending in that they reminded me that I needed to check my order carefully before submitting it, and that was that.

They did not admit that there may be a problem with their online ordering system defaulting payment types, nor they did acknowledge as a shortcoming the fact that a store can’t change the payment type from an online transaction in order to take payment. They didn’t even say they would forward my complaint to people who could make changes to the system. In other words, they saw no reason for them to take steps to prevent this from happening to anyone else. My experience and their means of resolving it has left a bad taste in my mouth toward their franchise.

Today (04/02/2012) I ordered a Combo deal (medium) at £16.99 – Chicken Feast and Strippers Combo (with free garlic bread)at
7.40 pm. When it arrived over one hour later, the Strippers Combo was missing, and the pizza/garlic bread were cold. The order was not in the insulated bag which explains why it was cold. I told the driver about the problem – he told me that the combo was not included in my order and to telephone the shop to check. I telephoned the shop and explained the problem. The person on the telephone tried to put me off by promising a free combo next time I ordered.

When i said that this was not good enough, he promised to send a completely new order – which he then changed to just sending the combo with his next driver. After 40 minutes the combo was delivered – cold! Next time I will go to Papa Johns.

Customer Rating

I have been waiting nearly two months to have discussed advertising in this Groupon site. initially the sales person called and was very enthusiastic and seemed positive on three or four options we were planing One was for entertainment show and this was ignored costing me over £1000 – then I had 2000 CD’s pressed and told the papers for these would be sent out…then called another person three times as the girl on holiday….nothing nothing nothing…..then she returned from leave, and I was told she was fighting my corner to get it advertised, and i havew 2000 CD’s ….

Seven e mails sent and told again the papers are being sent but ‘ fighting my corner’ THIS is advertising nothing more nothing less….So I have 2000 extra product, have lost £1000 = on a show and lost faxce with the venue….and still nothing. We talked on a motivational for myself and seminar partner…again nothing……Told on Thursday would be called on Friday ….nothing…. I understand so so many people are forwarding their e masiling messages to spam now…….and I do not blame them…I need compensation ans answers.

Customer Rating

Dear Groupon, I would like you inform you that I had a bad experience with the purchase of your offer on the web site. I bought the voucher with code 183/4141 last November 2010. Immediately I fixed the appointment with this clinic to start my first remove hair session from April 2011 till 10 September 2011. In total had to be 7 sessions. In April the clinic called me back to inform me that the appointment was cancelled due to lack of staff. In the same called I informed the clinic that It was better for me to start from September 2011 and in agreement we fixed 7 appointments (Sep 2011- Marc 2012) dates on which I have never started the laser.

I called several times but no one has ever answered, loosing my monies and the full treatment. I Know that at the same address there is a furniture shop. I am writing to you this complain in order to ensure the protection of your name and the recovery of my monies. I look forward to hearing from you asap.

Customer Rating

Hi there, I feel users of Groupon should be aware of a company called “You Frame” who recently had a picture frame offer on Groupon. When I ordered my print on September 22nd I was informed in print that due to high demand delivery was up to 21days, 32 days later I have no product. Despite calls, emails, Facebook entries on their site (which quickly get removed!)he company has failed informed me as to when I might see my prints. The closest I got what a message on Facebook saying that they had responded and I should check my Facebook mail!! I have done and no response. All I would like now is a complete refund so that I can place my order with a reputable company.

Looking on Facebook there seem to be very many unhappy customers who are in the same position as me indeed some have been waiting since July!

Companies Like Groupon

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!