Customer Satisfaction Results

Groupon

Complaint Department

Posted by lindsay wilson on Jan 18, 2015
Customer Rating

I ordered something off Groupon before Christmas, I had an email to say it had been despatched on 6th December, after waiting a week or so I contacted Groupon to say my order hadn't arrived. They emailed me back to say it had been delivered on 6th December by royal mail, I thought this strange as I only received the despatched email on the same date, they said I should check with neighbours to see if they had my package and to get in touch with royal mail. I did both of these things my neighbours didn't have my parcel, and royal mail told me the same thing it was delivered to my address on 6th December. I asked who had signed for the parcel as I knew it was definitely not us as we were away that day and night with friends, they told me the parcel didn't require a signature. And that I should get back in touch with Groupon as its there responsibility. I then emailed Groupon again to inform them of what royal mail said, I heard nothing back but presumed this was because it was over the Christmas period and there was nobody working to respond to me. I then emailed again stating the same thing at the beginning of January, I did then receive a response saying I should check with neighbours again. I have done this again and they stress they have NO parcels for me. I have since told Groupon this AGAIN and have not had a reply, I have asked now for a full refund as I DO NOT have my parcel that I have paid for! And still now reply. I'm at a loss now of what to do?

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Groupon provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Groupon?

Compare Groupon to Similar Deal Websites more...

More Groupon Complaints

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Stopped using Groupon about 1 yr ago as every time tried to go into my account, kept saying password not accepted, took forever to change it. 3 months ago set up another password, ordered few things which I got, ordered vouchers but cant print off, saying wrong password and no account, tried to reset password 5 times, I phoned up, they said will solve problem, 3 more attempts to reset password, nothing, cant print vouchers off which may have expired, all I want is to be able to get into their site, reset my password and hey presto. They are not the easiest company to work with and trying to get information is worse. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Customer Rating

I purchased a subscription to Pittsburgh Magazine on 1/31/15. To date (3/28/150 I have not received the magazines and the number given on my groupon charge receipt is a constant busy. How do I get my money back or get the magazines?

Customer Rating

I ordered 2 items paid by credit card and never received them numerous emails got me no where. Please tell me now what to do about Groupon.

Customer Rating

I can't believe groupon represents this facade of a company. All they do is for $10 refer you to a local paintball company. The paint ball company has no association with paintball promo.com they have their own charges separate from this groupon sham. Please act like a legitimate business, veto the crap you have on your site or you will lose credibility. I have now doubts about the authenticity of your offerings. Thanks to this paintball experience.

Customer Rating

The protein shake arrived damaged. The lid was not sealed properly and the powder has spilt out into the packaging box. I want to return it and have another or a full refund. Please contact me on 07583929379, thank you.

Customer Rating

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes. The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was-NOTHING!!!
If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Customer Rating

I purchased a Groupon for a sail on San Francisco Bay with a company called Bay Area Excursions. I contacted Bay Area Excursions three times, providing them with a total of nine different dates for the sail. None of them were available. I contacted the company again nearly two weeks ago and haven't heard back. I complained to Groupon and they have done nothing to resolve the problem. Groupon advertises that, if there is a problem, they will make it right or refund any money paid. They have blatently violated that promise. I have been a regular Groupon customer but no more.

Customer Rating

Groupon's website indicated that Hot Mama in Roseville, MN was offering 3 body contouring sessions for $149, a $1,200 value. When I went to my first session, I asked her if each session regular price was really $400, and she said no. She doesn't know why Groupon states that. She said regular price for three sessions is $199. So in other words, I didn't get the 87.5% discount I was expecting, I actually only got a 25% discount. Knowing that, I wouldn't have bought the Groupon.

Customer Rating

Groupon voucher was refused by the merchant claiming they had canceled the contract with Groupon. I had to pay for the services. The voucher I purchased from Groupon is good until March 6th. 2013.
Groupon in their contract said: "If merchant refuses to honor voucher for any reason. Groupon will refund the amount paid. back
I want my money back.
Merchant: Tokyo Nails. Phone: 954-974-1222. Address: 1280 Power Line Rd.Fort Lauderdale. Florida.Amount paid: $ 21.00.

Please help me. Thank you
Ana Saucedo

Customer Rating

I purchased a groupon deal for "Taps" in Arizona for my mom & dad to enjoy. They appeared at the restaurant and the server said that 'the girl who usually does this is NOT here today'. What??!! They were NEVER SERVED ANYTHING!!!

Groupon and this establishment have STOLEN MY MONEY!!!!!!!! NO WHERE ON THE VOUCHER does it state they need a reservation. They were treated rudely, never served even a glass of water, and were IGNORED the entire time they were waiting to decide what they should do.

I intend to file a complaint with the BBB, the manager of the establishment (will
contact their corporate office as well), and a complaint with you for even 'suggesting' this horrible place. This was my mother's 76th birthday as well!!

Groupon and Taps ruined what was otherwise a nice day! I would appreciate a SWIFT resolution to this problem. No kidding, you have already STOLEN my money and I want it back!

Customer Rating

I purchased a voucher for the above shop at a cost of £15, for £40 worth of treatments including lip & chin wax, eyebrow waxing & shaping, eyelash tinting and false eyelashes. I went to the shop on Saturday 10th September, I did not have the lip & chin wax, the eyebrow wax was only a wax and no shaping.
The eyelash tint was done but didn’t look any different. At the shop (Patsy) told me that the glue used for eyelashes would only last a week, which was no good as I was going on holiday for 2 weeks.

I had to pay another £10 for special glue so the lashes would stay on longer. I didn’t have part of the treatment and it would normally be £40+, so why another £10 so the eyelashes would stay on? Surely I should expect them to stay on for £40? I paid the extra £10, so the treatment had cost me £25. The next day, Sunday, the eyelashes started coming loose, by Monday they were half falling off but still on enough so I dare not pull them off in case I pulled all my own eyelashes out.

I constantly rang the shop on Monday and left messages but no-one answered the phone or returned my messages. As we were going to Greece the next morning (Tuesday) I had to ring a local beauty parlour for help. The girl there said the lashes had been applied very badly, with too many, were too long and the glue had gone all over the lashes with far too much glue applied. I had to pay £12 for the pleasure of having them removed as it was not viable to apply yet more glue.

The treatment (plus fuel costs from Leeds to Guiseley and back) has cost me £37 and didn’t last 24 hours. Groupon have not answered any of my emails and the shop say they will only give me the £10 back as Groupon keep the full £15, which is quite ridiculous as if that were the case the shop would be doing all the treatments for nothing. What do I do now?

Customer Rating

I ordered on the 1st sept 2 sofa beds £358 in total as I made a mistake ordering 2? I tried from the 3rd sept to cancel one of them,after numerous emails to groupon they have robbed me off saying that the company that are supplying the sofas owe me the money refund well I got through to the company crazypricebeds and spoke to PERSON! And was told that the company did not have my order and that groupon owe me the whole £358 back as there aren't any sofas left, groupon don't answer emails nor do they answer their phone in London what do I do?

I've sent two emails to Groupon, 5/12/11 and 9/12/11 to request a full refund for the Blase nail course. Having contacted Blase direct it turns out there is no kit/goody bag, it turns out you have to supply all your own kit including false nails (their email stated the advert had been badly worded) I have been miss sold this experience I requested a full refund. Yes you guessed right, I've just been ignored, Blase were very unhelpful and don't care that one of there customers have been badly let down, what does that say about the company as a whole? where do I go from here to get my refund, rip off Briton? Watchdog? Dominic Little?

I orderd 2 sofas from groupon costing £250 and awaitind delivery. The first delivery date came and they said they couldnt deliver them on that date so they arranged anotehr time. The second day came and went. When I got through to the sofa company it turns out that they are in dispute with Groupon so arent sending any sofas out now. I have emailed Groupon throughout this process including now where I am demanding a refund but have not heard anything back from them. Thing is we desperately need that money now and I am getting so worried about what will happen. I will never buy anything from Groupon again.

Customer Rating

It was my boyfriends birthday & I wanted to get him a fresh fade & "HOT SHAVE" as in the description as it was on groupon. My boyfriend is a young black male & he's in the airforce & needs to be clean cut & he likes to get a hot shave because he won't bump up as much, but he saw the actual owner of 5 star barber shop & his fade was ehhh ok, not up to his standard, but he dry shaved him with an electric rasor, I wanted to ask but my boyfriend just gestured to not say anything because to a barber they'll get upset. Well i'm highly dissatisfied because a dry shave isn't a "HOT SHAVE" as stated on the groupon, although the service was only $12 still the hot shave wasn't included & I want you guys at groupon to know that clearly they're FALSE advertising. What's even worse is that I take my son to this guy & I figured especially since I knew him he'd honor the groupon as stated. I really hope you don't use my name because the barbers girlfriend is a great friend of mine & don't want to cause any issues. It's just sad the first time I use groupon I had a terrible experience.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Amanda Sine on 09/09/2013 at IP address 192.198.28.252 using our 5 Star barber shop complaint form. This opinions contained in this 5 Star barber shop customer review titled, "5 star barbershop groupon is a LIE!!" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

It is a bit dissapointed to say that l have made a purchase from goupon on begininning of the year for Print photo book from lolliartz. l have sent my completed family photo to lolliart on 22/7/12 & received a confirmed of download from them the next day.

They reply me on 29/8/12 saying that l choose a wrong size and need to re-do all over or to pay for extra RM80. l had written to them the next day and resend my completed file again on 4/10/12 and received a download confirmed from them.

After a month of waiting l start to worry and email for asking them, but no reply and even l tried for few times. This time l tried to call them on phone and seach on internet for their news. l found that they left a mail on their website saying that they are moving and have no contact at the moment. How can? Till today.....

Please advise what should l do and sadly to say that my husband and l spent few weeks time to complete our family album. Really sad ....

Customer Rating

I purchased the above from a recent promotion on Groupon. The heads were advertised as 'Braun' toothbrush heads which at the very least would in my mind mean they are toothbrush heads for Braun toothbushes.
The heads do not properly fit any of the Braun tothbrushes we have - they have to be really forced onto the toothbrush so hard that they cannot ehn be easily removed without breaking the new head - I removed one and the inside of the toothbrush head remained on the metal toothbrush and the outer part of the brush came off.
These are in my mind inferior quality toothbrush heads - nothing like original Oral B heads for Braun toothbrushes, do not fit (or fit so tightkly they cannot be removed without separating) and I just wish the product had been tested first.
Please advise how I arrange for a refund

Customer Rating

Complaint as sent to AT YOUR SERVICE EXPRESS MOBILE DETAILINGI --email atyourservice34@yahoo.com
I purchased a Groupon for myself and one for my wife in May 2012. My 1st call was in May and I was told to email you, which I did with all particulars, including my email address and phone number. We never got a response to that email.- going on 6 months

We have called approximately 12 times over past 6 months, We talked to you 3 of those times. All other times the answering service call box was full and could take no messages.

On election day I called, did get on your call box, but did not leave a message. When you got no message you called me to see what the call was for. I talked to you personally but as soon as I mentioned Groupon you didn't have time to talk but promised to call me back that day, of course you didn't .

I called back twice since then and the answering box was full. My wife, after calling on 4 different occasions, finally got through yesterday - and was again told to email - which we did and of course received no response.

It appears you screen your calls and will call back when someone is looking for service - BUT NOT IF GROUPON IS MENTIONED. Our Groupons expire in a few days and we have vehicles that we have detailed every 3 weeks - after experiencing your idea of service I would not let you touch our vehicles even if you paid me.

We will continue to use Sunshine Mobile Detailing, A company that we know provides excellent, reliable and consistent service. We will also advise Groupon, Angie's List and any interested party of our experience with At Your NoService Mobile Express. No one needs to be put through this aggravation.

Customer Rating

Good Day!! This a complain regarding my order for the deal "Photodigitizer starting from AED 429, including delivery fee". I have placed my order since 22nd November 2012 and the same has been charged to my credit card right away. But demanding for payment right away was ok with me because I trusted Groupon and its credibility to deliver.

Kindly be informed that despite my numerous follow up ((#154790) , the said item has not yet been delivered to me. You promised the item to be delivered within 3 weeks. I waited patiently despite my hesitations that I have paid it. I keep calling every week and your customer service keeps on saying that I should call the following week to make a follow up. Now its nearly 2 months and yet there is no clear answer from Groupon. Is this kind of scam?!

This is for your immediate action. This is totally unacceptable. I do not want the refund since you have already made me wait this long. I only want my order to be delivered.

Customer Rating

I purchased a Groupon and did not realize it had an expiration. I thought all Groupons still had the original value paid. I guess that is not true. I tried to use it at the Merchant and was told I could not. I was embarassed as I was completely unaware. I already requested a refund and was told that is the policy. I am hoping you reconsider this as you are going to lose a good customer over $29.

Customer Rating

I have made a few purchases but later decided to return but the customer service advised me that I cannot have cash refund, they can only offer me credit on my account. I now have a balance of 120.01. As per your "Groupon UK Promise", I want my money back to my credit card! Not your credit!

Contact the Groupon Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Groupon. What is their corporate mailing address?

600 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60654
  • I want to call the Groupon customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

312-676-5773
  • I need to visit the Groupon company website. What is their website address?