Customer Satisfaction Results

Groupon

Complaint Department

Filed by lindsay wilson on Jan 18, 2015
Consumer Rating

I ordered something off Groupon before Christmas, I had an email to say it had been despatched on 6th December, after waiting a week or so I contacted Groupon to say my order hadn't arrived. They emailed me back to say it had been delivered on 6th December by royal mail, I thought this strange as I only received the despatched email on the same date, they said I should check with neighbours to see if they had my package and to get in touch with royal mail. I did both of these things my neighbours didn't have my parcel, and royal mail told me the same thing it was delivered to my address on 6th December. I asked who had signed for the parcel as I knew it was definitely not us as we were away that day and night with friends, they told me the parcel didn't require a signature. And that I should get back in touch with Groupon as its there responsibility. I then emailed Groupon again to inform them of what royal mail said, I heard nothing back but presumed this was because it was over the Christmas period and there was nobody working to respond to me. I then emailed again stating the same thing at the beginning of January, I did then receive a response saying I should check with neighbours again. I have done this again and they stress they have NO parcels for me. I have since told Groupon this AGAIN and have not had a reply, I have asked now for a full refund as I DO NOT have my parcel that I have paid for! And still now reply. I'm at a loss now of what to do?

2 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Groupon?

Compare Groupon to Similar Deal Websites more...

Groupon Customer Feedback Trending Now

149 Groupon consumers have created complaints against Groupon to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Groupon complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Groupon corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

I bought a $200 Groupon for Dermix Institute on Davie Street in Vancouver, BC through your company. I had the initial consultation with them where they made me pay an additional $250 to get the products I would need for my Fraxel appointment which they kept canceling! I finally went to my appointment on March 26th, 2015, and I showed up but no one was there. Someone came out of the company beside them who told me the Dr was charged with fraud for impersonating a Dr as she did not have a license to practice. I want my money back. Surely Groupon should stand behind the companies they advertise. I am extremely unhappy about this.

Consumer Rating

I would like an answer to my complaint. I reached out to contact Groupon customer service department with no answer. Who do I have to get a hold of to reach help with this company?

Consumer Rating

somehow, my account was deactivated. Then, I couldn't get onto the iPhone Groupon app, which means you can't do ANYTHING, including use your Groupons! Then, you can't find a phone number to call them! THEN, they put you on hold for, I shit you not, THREE HOURS! I spoke with one douche after 1 1/2 hours on hold, and he knew nothing whatsoever, so he put me on hold again, while knowing (Okay. He knew ONE thing. He knew I'd be on hold until 12 hours later, because nobody would pick up the phone!) that he couldn't help me!!!! Pretty sure I've never been so irate at a company in my life......

Consumer Rating

We booked a hotel stay with Groupon 28/3/2015 at the countryside express hotel Northumberland went we got there the smell of damp in the building was overpowering and there was no heating at all it was freezing and it was very dirty the Indian gentleman behind reception was very miserable and made me my wife and I very uncomfortable by starring at us constantly so we left without staying and we are now very unhappy with Groupon for misleading us too believe this was a decent hotel

Consumer Rating

Stopped using Groupon about 1 yr ago as every time tried to go into my account, kept saying password not accepted, took forever to change it. 3 months ago set up another password, ordered few things which I got, ordered vouchers but cant print off, saying wrong password and no account, tried to reset password 5 times, I phoned up, they said will solve problem, 3 more attempts to reset password, nothing, cant print vouchers off which may have expired, all I want is to be able to get into their site, reset my password and hey presto. They are not the easiest company to work with and trying to get information is worse. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Consumer Rating

I purchased a subscription to Pittsburgh Magazine on 1/31/15. To date (3/28/150 I have not received the magazines and the number given on my groupon charge receipt is a constant busy. How do I get my money back or get the magazines?

Consumer Rating

I ordered 2 items paid by credit card and never received them numerous emails got me no where. Please tell me now what to do about Groupon.

Consumer Rating

I can't believe groupon represents this facade of a company. All they do is for $10 refer you to a local paintball company. The paint ball company has no association with paintball promo.com they have their own charges separate from this groupon sham. Please act like a legitimate business, veto the crap you have on your site or you will lose credibility. I have now doubts about the authenticity of your offerings. Thanks to this paintball experience.

Consumer Rating

The protein shake arrived damaged. The lid was not sealed properly and the powder has spilt out into the packaging box. I want to return it and have another or a full refund. Please contact me on 07583929379, thank you.

Consumer Rating

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes. The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was-NOTHING!!!
If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Consumer Rating

I bought an iPad 2 with 360 case for £309 but I thought the transaction was voided so I bought the £299 one which excluded the 360 case. I found out that both of the transaction was prossesed so I quickly went online to send an email to get a refund as it was Saturday I couldn't ring them. I got a reply the following day saying that they have contacted the company and money of £299 which I wanted to cancel and it's all been sorted out. I didn't bother calling them in the weekday. And after a week on Friday night my mom rang to say that both the money of £299 has not been refunded and they delivered both the products! But they missed the delivery so they are redelivering it on the Monday which is 25th march 2013. I emailed groupon furious, but they told me to contact the company for collection of the product I didn't want but the company would not answer even after hours of ringing them! I was absolutely fuming! This happened this morning! I was given false reassurance and information so I am filing this complaint! This all has happened today 23rd march 2013! And the transaction was made exactly a week ago!

Consumer Rating

our package to Krabi was return airport transfer but we was charged 800 baht and the staff was very rude says that they dont understand go back and deal with Groupon.

The Beach Sea House! It was a muslim village where there is nothing and u got to travel out take 1.30min at least.

Regards,
Manpreet

Consumer Rating

booked 2 vouchers 0010036IT6 & 001012013P for mystery hotel for my childern for xmas, on the voucher i printd off valid from 15.12.2012 to 31.5.2013had a email 36 days to redeem your voucher, reminded my kids to book when they tried, they were told they had to book befor feburary on the voucher there was no mention of this only blocked out dates. they couldn't book. When i rang groupon i spoke to a manager Mark id 8408 who was rude, and nasty and said bad luck you have losts your money on the other page in fine print was book by feburary, as i said on the voucher its not printed i have it in front of me. Its valid till 31.5.2013 cant we please extend the booking reference so we can make a booking and use before 31.5.2013 you have my money. I don't think he was doing the right thing groupon sent a email reminding me 36 days to REDEEM my voucher, but he wouldn't let me. At this stage I will never use you again and all my friends, daughters & son friends on face book will know we feel

Consumer Rating

My friends and I purchased 3 vouchers to Austria during or about April 2012. We prov booked the hotel, The Gutshoff Zillertal for the 14th to 17th Dec 2012. The voucher expires on the 20th Dec 2012.
Prior to booking our flights, we emailed the hotel to confirm our booking however we were informed that the bookings were taken and they have none available before 20 Dec '12.
We also suggested that we could delay until we can avail ourselves during July'13 whereby they mentioned that we should contact Groupon for those arrangements which we duly did. I have sent numerous emails and telephonic requests to Groupon with no success but empty promises of feedback and that the matter was at the refunds department.

I was promises a 72 hour response on 8 November 2012 and various therafter.

Kindly revert as a matter of urgency.

The Groupon reference number is 570803.

Kind regards

Kuban Chetty

041 484 2554
082 7804 734

Consumer Rating

I recently purchased e-lites (electronic cigarettes) on Groupon, when I was checking out I made a mistake with my Visa password probably because I use PayPal so much I got mixed up with my password. Anyway as I had used the voucher and my purchase hadn't been accepted my Voucher was deemed used. I got in touch with them and explained but no reply, I would advise anyone to be very careful when redeeming the voucher or else just stay away from them. Terrible way to treat a customer.. I won't be going back.

Groupon's makes there sales staff lie to potential clients to get your confidence and business then screws you. I signed on thinking we would sell 100 deals the sales person let it go to 204 deals which is killing my business . When contacted all you get is well the contract didnt say there was a cap. Verbally they do everything. They lie cheat and steal. All governments should bam them and shut them down. Us and Europe. I am hoping to get a class action lawsuit against Groupons they need to be stopped!!

Consumer Rating

I confirmed a purchase for a 5 for 10$ Groupon for a Starbucks card and when I went to activate it the page it says to click on cannot be found. So how am I supposed to redeem this Groupon if they won't let me activate it.

Consumer Rating

I bought a service at Groupon PHILIPPINES but their system did not reflect the purchase. I sent my deposit slip and their customer service confirmed my payment. After verifying my payment, she promised to give a full refund. Now after six months of follow ups, I received an email that "we will yet to find your deposit slip in our system, but unfortunately we haven't find any deposit slip ...
Your Groupon Fiend,
Jom"

Consumer Rating

1. I was send a necklace that did not close the clasp hole was too small for the part that went into it to close it. Tracking Number725109194201145801201303010002721581 Reference Number20130301000272158 StatusInTransit DestinationAntioch, TN 37013
Date Time Description Location
3/15/2013 02:04 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
3/13/2013 06:26 AM Arrived at Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
3/11/2013 06:57 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441
3/11/2013 12:59 PM Inducted into Newgistics Ne... Sparks, NV 89441
3/1/2013 02:51 AM Label Created
Really it had to go to NV, then to IN, now on to Tn. Today is the 18th and still no refund.

2. At Christmas I bought Stainless Steel Men's Bracelet (613-061-B for son in law. It came a week after Christmas. When he got it the clasp would not open. However, my dad was a jeweler before he retired and he was able to open it and he wore it that day. A month later he wore it to a concert and it broke and fell off. I wrote to groupon several times about this. They told me too bad there is only a 2 week return policy on products. That's absurd! I wrote an got a supervisor he was rude in his response and said sorry, it's too bad if the product broke after one wearing. I feel Groupon should be held accountable for the quality of the products they sell. I guess I should have just returned it when we had trouble opening it. This was embarrassing it was the Christmas gift for my son in law!
Boycott Groupon until they change their policy.

Consumer Rating

I live in Michigan and bought a groupon for 25.00 to a L.A. comedy show in Las Vegas. The night in question my husband got sick, he has cancer and we could not attend the show. I called groupon and they refused to refund my money and insisted that I should of read the small print. In the past when I could not use a groupon they always refunded my money and now they will not and they lost a customer. How come in the past they always refunded me? If I had known no refund I would not have bought it in the first place.

Consumer Rating

After purchasing two deals on Groupon, both times I was left embarrased by the experience. The first was a facial mapping and treatment at a so called clinic in Manchester, the original price was so over inflated even the reduced price of £39.99 was way over the top, the so called clinic was nothing more than a disussed office with a partition making it into two tiny treatment rooms, my beautician had been in the country for a month or so and her main purpose was to try to sell more products.

The staff could not be bothered and in fact this was our second trip to the "clinic" as the first one we were turned away as the girl hadn't turned in so they couldn't carry out the treatment. Had I purchased this just for myself wouldn't have been too bad but the fact I had bought this as a treat for a close friend as a special birthday gift was so embarrassing. It amounted to a grossly over inflated original price dicounted by a large percentage which make the offer seem too good to be true and it was believe me.

Thought I would give them a second chance, so bought a afternoon tea at a place in Manchester, bellinis, classic sandwiches, cake stand of teatime goodies, this was a treat for my sister, what a joke, cheap sparkling wine, curled up sandwiches with the most disgusting fillings ever, one we didn't even know what it was, then to top it all there was no cake stand with tea time goodies, just a dried up slice of angel cake and a tiny scone served with cream that looked like mayonnaise and jam so dried up it wouldn't come out of the dish....again so embarrassed, needless to say I would never buy a groupon voucher again!!!!!!

Contact the Groupon Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Groupon. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 600 W. Chicago Ave.
    • Chicago
    • IL 60654
  • I want to call the Groupon customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

312-676-5773
  • I need to visit the Groupon company website. What is their website address?

Not available. Click here to file your Groupon complaint online.