Groupon

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Groupon

Posted by Jessica hall on Feb 01, 2015
Customer Rating

We are currently on our trip, we bought 2 tickets for £89 to Dublin, hotel and flights, we specifically chose it because of that price. We looked into it and the hotel was in perfect position, we're both 21yr old females. We rang up to confirm, and got told by 'Nigel' they had sold out of that deal (why are you selling it on your website if it's sold out?). And we were to pay £60 extra for a different hotel and the dates we were after. After discussion, we decided a refund would be better as we couldn't afford that and to eat/do things whilst here. He said he'd forward us to the refund line but never did. We rang back hours later and he told us we would not be able to get a refund because he has a 'service' to make his customers 'happy', and offered us more options on the trip. He found us a hotel, and told us it was within walking distance of the city centre, and got it for the original price of £89.. (Which made us think why couldn't he have got that price in the first place).

We are currently in our hotel. It would take us 2 hours to walk into the city centre. There is very little to see and do where we are. It cost us €45 to get a taxi from the airport. We are on a very low budget so this immediately worried us. Even the taxi driver said that we'd been done over by the company. Like we said we are two young girls who want to go out and see Dublin City centre and all the attractions yet we are completely stranded unless we pay MORE money to get expensive transport into the city centre in order to enjoy our time here. This level of service is absolutely unacceptable! You cannot lie to your customers and give them false information about where they're staying and pressure them into booking before giving FULL information. We feel that Nigel has completely taken advantage of us and is only worried about getting a sale. It can be quite daunting being stuck in the middle of no where, so we want to make sure nobody else is manipulated by your company like we were!! We would like to know how you're going to rectify this?

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Groupon provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Groupon?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.98 out of 5
1.98 out of 5 Stars
140 Consumer Reviews

Groupon
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Groupon. What is their corporate mailing address?

600 W. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60654

I want to call the Groupon customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

312-676-5773

I need to visit the Groupon company website. What is their website address?

More Groupon Complaints

Customer Rating

I ordered something off Groupon before Christmas, I had an email to say it had been despatched on 6th December, after waiting a week or so I contacted Groupon to say my order hadn't arrived. They emailed me back to say it had been delivered on 6th December by royal mail, I thought this strange as I only received the despatched email on the same date, they said I should check with neighbours to see if they had my package and to get in touch with royal mail. I did both of these things my neighbours didn't have my parcel, and royal mail told me the same thing it was delivered to my address on 6th December. I asked who had signed for the parcel as I knew it was definitely not us as we were away that day and night with friends, they told me the parcel didn't require a signature. And that I should get back in touch with Groupon as its there responsibility. I then emailed Groupon again to inform them of what royal mail said, I heard nothing back but presumed this was because it was over the Christmas period and there was nobody working to respond to me. I then emailed again stating the same thing at the beginning of January, I did then receive a response saying I should check with neighbours again. I have done this again and they stress they have NO parcels for me. I have since told Groupon this AGAIN and have not had a reply, I have asked now for a full refund as I DO NOT have my parcel that I have paid for! And still now reply. I'm at a loss now of what to do?

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes. The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was-NOTHING!!!
If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Customer Rating

I have yet to see my refund for the "Groupon deal "Cairngorms National Park: Two Night Stay...". The Groupon Email promised "We will send you a confirmation email as soon as the refund has been processed. This usually takes 24 hours" on 27-Nov-2012, there is no confirmation email or money refunded to date (05-Dec-2012). I am extremely disappointed by my Groupon experience. This is now the 9th day since I requested an online refund request and Groupon has broken every promise made in their email and website regarding refunds.

Customer Rating

I bought a Groupon for a restaurant a few months ago. Before going to the restaurant, I did a Google search to see what others had to say about the restaurant. There were many reviews, UNANIMOUSLY negative, citing horrible food and bad service. I would have still tried it, but the Groupon was only good for sushi. Now, raw fish has to be extremely fresh, and complaint upon complaint said it was not fresh, had off tastes, or was inedible. Rather than risk getting sick, I wrote to Groupon to ask for a credit towards a future purchase. I was not looking for my money back, just a credit to use AT A restaurant with safe food. They said no twice, they would rather I go eat the food, get sick, and THEN complain and then they POSSIBLY will think about a refund. What a company. I have spent hundreds of dollars for Groupons, and they have lost me as a customer over a $15 credit.

Customer Rating

I have been using Groupon for years. I have never had a complaint. But today is a different story. I have been trying to reset my password for 2 days. I am a very very very busy individual. I work 75 to 80 hours a week, so when I say I don’t' have time for this, I don't have time for this. I called after 15 minutes of looking for your number for log in help. Since I could find no such number, I called the only one I could find. There was no option for log in help, so I just selected #1. The girl was very nice, but offered no real help. She sent me the same link I have been trying for the last 2 days and told me that if it didn't work, to just reply to her email and she would call me right back. After waiting for about 15 minutes, I called back and got another girl. I told her my name, Beth. She said Seth, S as in Sam, I said no Beth. Every time I tried to spell it for her, she just kept repeating S as in Sam. So I spoke up a little louder, still, S as in Sam. I tried to ask if we were having a bad connection. I do not have a speech impediment so I thought we must be. When I tried to ask her if we may be having a bad connection, she kept interrupting me saying she was just trying to help me. She had a very bad attitude. I work for a very large company, where for many years I managed the customer complaint department. I still oversee process improvements in several of the customer service areas. I am a very pleasant person, however, with my background; I do not tolerate poor customer service, especially in the way of poor attitudes. Employees like this will lose business for you and I am sure in this day and time, losing customers is not what you want. I had a window of opportunity today to use my groupons, unfortunately that window has now passed me by because I could not find anyone to help me and I felt very compelled to waste my time writing this complaint. So, I suppose it will be another 2 weeks now before I can go enjoy my hour and half massage that I was so looking forward to in hopes that it would alleviate some of my intense stress and this awful migraine. Resorting to writing this complaint will be my only tool for stress relief today. How disappointing. I am not writing this to say I will never use you again, because I will; however, as a customer service expert, I can tell you that you will lose others who are treated this way. Please take some action to ensure your other customers do not have to end their grueling work day as disappointing as mine has ended. Thank you anyway for those experiences that have been good.

Customer Rating

Your pinhead customer service agrees with my suggestion, now a DEMAND, yet nothing is done about it.
You must be DENSE to not know that the fabulous Las Vegas Strip, home of 100s of restaurants, has no street number signs, they just say "LAS VEGAS STRIP", the buildings rarely have any numbers, the Casinos(the largest of bldgs.) have none.
Of course they get mail but not from people on-the-strip enjoying life.

I spent a half hour tonight going to Flamingo Hotel, the MGM, then street vendors/merchants seeking to locate
HUSSONGS. Finally someone found it in a catalog as being at MANDALAY BAY(actually Mandalay Shoppes).
You must not, cannot, sell a Groupon with a Las Vegas Blvd. address witihout mentioning the major casino that is is part of, or next to, or nearby. I live at 3930 Swenson, Hussongs is at 3930 Las Vegas Blvd. So., parallel to my street, so naturally I sent to the ssame location on the Strip as my condo bldg. is; natch. But that was 3600 block there; also all east side numbers are EVEN, and so is Hussongs, but Mandalay Bay is on OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET so that rules is changed a few blocks away.
I am not going to buy any more Groupons and will urge others to forget about it if you do not have sufficient respect for your patrons to indicate where, on numberless streets, the restaurant can be found. Shame on you telling me my idea was
sound a year ago, and in Sept. (recently), you issue me Hussongs which is five blocks south and on other side of st. from
where the numbering system would have it(if there is a numbering system on the LV Strip known to other than USPS).

Customer Rating

I recently bought a Groupon for nouveau semi-permanent eyelash extensions & brow tidy for £20 at Celebrity look sheffield. This was on groupon in november 2011. I called to arrange an appointment & was told due to christmas they were fully booked & the earliest appointment was on January 9th 2012 which I booked. On the day off my appointment I receive a tex saying due to personal matters my appointment is cancelled & they will ring me to re-arrange. I didn't receive a call back. I rang back again to arrange another appointment which was made for january 17th 2012. I went to the appointment which wasn't at celebrity look as advertised on Groupon but at a fitness place.

I rang the office & her mobile number no answer. Eventualy the lady answers her phone & says she had an argument with her employer & does not work there anymore. I am appalled on this unprofessional behavior & will not be buying anything from Groupon again. I have been mislead & conned by Groupon. I want a refund for my voucher, but don't think I'll be seeing any of my money back anytime soon. If they had better customer service I wouldn't have to complain like this.

Customer Rating

I purchased a photo shoot with Portrait Scene for "$29 for Holiday Photo Shoot with One 8”x10”, Two 5”x7”, and Eight Wallet-Size Prints ($149 Value)" It shows a child sitting on Santa's lap reading a book. When I called to schedule an appointment I was told if I wanted that photo scene with Santa it would be an additional $25 and they would need it BEFORE they can schedule the appt! I am very mad because the picture shows a Santa and it says NOTHING about an extra $25! I want a refund because that is NOT what I ordered! There is nowhere on the groupon site for me to find out what to do about this?

Customer Rating

Good day, In December 2012, I purchased a offer on Groupon with Cullinan diamond spa and in for the following - One night stay for two, including breakfast and one spa treatment each. I called the inn to book the night and was told they have free space only on january 31. I phoned again a week prior to the 31st and was told again they were full and only in March, had they space.

I asked to make a confirmed booking as the voucher only has a limited time frame and then would expire. A week later I was called and said they have to cancell the booking as the room has flooding damage. I was quite irate as I got the distint feeling it was being stalled everytime, so the voucher could expire.

After voicing my disdain and even voicing my unhappiness in helopeter, I was told the booking was confirmed. On the friday 22 march, I phoned the inn, to enquire how the spa treatments work and was told to go on the website and check what treatments they have. I then requested a facial for me and a manicure for my daughter.

On the saturday when we had our treatment, I asked for a extra half facial for my daughter which I would pay. On the day of my departure, I was told that only certain spa treatments were free, and I had to pay in on the supposedtly free treatments. Nowhere on the voucher I bought does it specify only certain treatment is included.

And on my telephonic query, was this not explained either, only told to look at the site and our treatments, why did they not say, you only get the following treatment? Please assist with the above.

Kind regards,
Heather Swanepoel

Customer Rating

This is a copy of my e-mail sent to Groupon on 11/30/2012. Their response? Sorry but we can't help you.
Regarding: My 11/26/12 Groupon order #129838194
Dear sir,
I'd appreciate an explaination from someone with the authority to say anything other than "NO" regarding the simple exchange for the Norton Security product (PC version) that I ordered.
Your package was "hand delivered" to me by UPS around 6:30pm last night (11/29/12). After inspection I immediately tried to call to inform you folks about the mistake, but of course, you had closed for the day. I then sent an e-mail around 7:30pm comforted by your web site's claim,
("Agents are online to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week") but guess what, I've not gotten a response.
The "deal" ended @ 11:59 CST (11/29/12) but despite multiple attempts to contact Groupon before the close I was told today after I called that I'm not entitled to an exchange because the deal had closed?
Is this how you folks define "customer service"?
That's goes way beyond wrong!
Why do subscribers get the short end of the stick after "your people" shipped the wrong security version (MAC) despite numerous attempts by me to correct the mistake prior to the deal closing?
Norton certainly isn't going to bitch over one lousy exchange after receiving over 5000 orders with this deal...or could it perhaps be that that I'm not the only customer who received the wrong version.
I want the product folks, not a refund.
Please respond.

Customer Rating

I purchased a groupon for 2 massages in October 2012. I tried contacting the vendor weekly, but only got a voicemail that said if you want an appointment, you need to email her. I emailed her several times and left 2 email addresses to get hold of me. The 3rd of December I finally reashced a live person at the other end of the phone. I asked for an appointment and stated that I had emailed several times and called weekly. She said, it must have been the technology because she emailed me back. Yeah, right. I asked for an appointment and she said they were booked through the end of the year and she could not give me an appointment. She said I would have to call back some time in January. I told her that I could not seem to get hold of her as it was and she just said she did not want to make appointments for January yet. I emailed Groupon about the matter, but Groupon refused to resolve the issue. They said they would call the vendor. Groupon emailed me 6 times, only saying they were sorry about the problem ,but the vendor would call me back. The vendor has never called or emailed me back. Groupon is stil lrefusing to acknowledge that they sold groupons for a vendor who is not honoring the groupon. I have a brother , father and best friend who are all attorneys. I am thinking of filing a suit since Groupon refuses to resolve this.

Customer Rating

I bought two groupons for a zombie mud run that included food, drinks, a flag belt and a shirt. The zombie obstacle mud run had no mud, no obstacles and barely any zombies, no music, shirts or food and any organization at all. I pretty much paid $30 per person for runing around the park by ourselfs. This event is the biggest scam I have ever seen, I use groupon all the time but unless I get a refund of my money, I don't think I'll ever use it again or recommend it to people.

Customer Rating

I used groupon for the first time last week. I bought a CVS gift card for 10 dollars and the card is worth 20 dollars. Pretty good deal, huh?
So I waited a few days after the purchase and groupon sent me an email telling me how to activate the new card. The activation failed. Then, without a call from me, they sent me another email. This email gave me new activation information. That password also failed to activate the card.
I called groupon customer service and could not get through. I finally called CVS and they transferred me to another number at Groupon. The customer service person I spoke with did not know anything about the situation. He gave me a third code that was NOTHING like the first two in configuration. It didn’t work.
I finally got into a fight with this guy and asked him to refund my money. The conversation became explosive and he told me that I was inappropriate. He would not give me a number to call back to reach them and he would not let me speak to the supervisor. He finally hung up on me.
I started looking online and found a lot of negative reviews. This is what I should have done before I attempted to do business with them. Now I have to worry about this fraudulent company having my credit card information.
My advice…Don’t use groupon. So far I have lost 10 dollars and more than 2 hours of my time. SCAM!!

Customer Rating

We are having a nice time at our groupon at daytona beach resort, however, I went to make an appointment for a manicure. After over an hour wait, the receptionist called to say "no one available for a manicure today". She suggested other services, all much more expensive. I think this is a "switch and bait". I have to spend more, just to use my $30 credit. Not fair! I would like my $30 refunded, at least! Gave us a bad impression of our 1st groupon purchase! Disappointed in this!

Sincerely, Miriam Sanderlin

Customer Rating

I bought an iPad 2 with 360 case for £309 but I thought the transaction was voided so I bought the £299 one which excluded the 360 case. I found out that both of the transaction was prossesed so I quickly went online to send an email to get a refund as it was Saturday I couldn't ring them. I got a reply the following day saying that they have contacted the company and money of £299 which I wanted to cancel and it's all been sorted out. I didn't bother calling them in the weekday. And after a week on Friday night my mom rang to say that both the money of £299 has not been refunded and they delivered both the products! But they missed the delivery so they are redelivering it on the Monday which is 25th march 2013. I emailed groupon furious, but they told me to contact the company for collection of the product I didn't want but the company would not answer even after hours of ringing them! I was absolutely fuming! This happened this morning! I was given false reassurance and information so I am filing this complaint! This all has happened today 23rd march 2013! And the transaction was made exactly a week ago!

Customer Rating

our package to Krabi was return airport transfer but we was charged 800 baht and the staff was very rude says that they dont understand go back and deal with Groupon.

The Beach Sea House! It was a muslim village where there is nothing and u got to travel out take 1.30min at least.

Regards,
Manpreet

Customer Rating

booked 2 vouchers 0010036IT6 & 001012013P for mystery hotel for my childern for xmas, on the voucher i printd off valid from 15.12.2012 to 31.5.2013had a email 36 days to redeem your voucher, reminded my kids to book when they tried, they were told they had to book befor feburary on the voucher there was no mention of this only blocked out dates. they couldn't book. When i rang groupon i spoke to a manager Mark id 8408 who was rude, and nasty and said bad luck you have losts your money on the other page in fine print was book by feburary, as i said on the voucher its not printed i have it in front of me. Its valid till 31.5.2013 cant we please extend the booking reference so we can make a booking and use before 31.5.2013 you have my money. I don't think he was doing the right thing groupon sent a email reminding me 36 days to REDEEM my voucher, but he wouldn't let me. At this stage I will never use you again and all my friends, daughters & son friends on face book will know we feel

Customer Rating

My friends and I purchased 3 vouchers to Austria during or about April 2012. We prov booked the hotel, The Gutshoff Zillertal for the 14th to 17th Dec 2012. The voucher expires on the 20th Dec 2012.
Prior to booking our flights, we emailed the hotel to confirm our booking however we were informed that the bookings were taken and they have none available before 20 Dec '12.
We also suggested that we could delay until we can avail ourselves during July'13 whereby they mentioned that we should contact Groupon for those arrangements which we duly did. I have sent numerous emails and telephonic requests to Groupon with no success but empty promises of feedback and that the matter was at the refunds department.

I was promises a 72 hour response on 8 November 2012 and various therafter.

Kindly revert as a matter of urgency.

The Groupon reference number is 570803.

Kind regards

Kuban Chetty

041 484 2554
082 7804 734

Customer Rating

I recently purchased e-lites (electronic cigarettes) on Groupon, when I was checking out I made a mistake with my Visa password probably because I use PayPal so much I got mixed up with my password. Anyway as I had used the voucher and my purchase hadn't been accepted my Voucher was deemed used. I got in touch with them and explained but no reply, I would advise anyone to be very careful when redeeming the voucher or else just stay away from them. Terrible way to treat a customer.. I won't be going back.

Groupon's makes there sales staff lie to potential clients to get your confidence and business then screws you. I signed on thinking we would sell 100 deals the sales person let it go to 204 deals which is killing my business . When contacted all you get is well the contract didnt say there was a cap. Verbally they do everything. They lie cheat and steal. All governments should bam them and shut them down. Us and Europe. I am hoping to get a class action lawsuit against Groupons they need to be stopped!!

Customer Rating

I confirmed a purchase for a 5 for 10$ Groupon for a Starbucks card and when I went to activate it the page it says to click on cannot be found. So how am I supposed to redeem this Groupon if they won't let me activate it.

Customer Rating

I bought a service at Groupon PHILIPPINES but their system did not reflect the purchase. I sent my deposit slip and their customer service confirmed my payment. After verifying my payment, she promised to give a full refund. Now after six months of follow ups, I received an email that "we will yet to find your deposit slip in our system, but unfortunately we haven't find any deposit slip ...
Your Groupon Fiend,
Jom"

Customer Rating

1. I was send a necklace that did not close the clasp hole was too small for the part that went into it to close it. Tracking Number725109194201145801201303010002721581 Reference Number20130301000272158 StatusInTransit DestinationAntioch, TN 37013
Date Time Description Location
3/15/2013 02:04 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
3/13/2013 06:26 AM Arrived at Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
3/11/2013 06:57 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441
3/11/2013 12:59 PM Inducted into Newgistics Ne... Sparks, NV 89441
3/1/2013 02:51 AM Label Created
Really it had to go to NV, then to IN, now on to Tn. Today is the 18th and still no refund.

2. At Christmas I bought Stainless Steel Men's Bracelet (613-061-B for son in law. It came a week after Christmas. When he got it the clasp would not open. However, my dad was a jeweler before he retired and he was able to open it and he wore it that day. A month later he wore it to a concert and it broke and fell off. I wrote to groupon several times about this. They told me too bad there is only a 2 week return policy on products. That's absurd! I wrote an got a supervisor he was rude in his response and said sorry, it's too bad if the product broke after one wearing. I feel Groupon should be held accountable for the quality of the products they sell. I guess I should have just returned it when we had trouble opening it. This was embarrassing it was the Christmas gift for my son in law!
Boycott Groupon until they change their policy.

Customer Rating

I live in Michigan and bought a groupon for 25.00 to a L.A. comedy show in Las Vegas. The night in question my husband got sick, he has cancer and we could not attend the show. I called groupon and they refused to refund my money and insisted that I should of read the small print. In the past when I could not use a groupon they always refunded my money and now they will not and they lost a customer. How come in the past they always refunded me? If I had known no refund I would not have bought it in the first place.

Customer Rating

After purchasing two deals on Groupon, both times I was left embarrased by the experience. The first was a facial mapping and treatment at a so called clinic in Manchester, the original price was so over inflated even the reduced price of £39.99 was way over the top, the so called clinic was nothing more than a disussed office with a partition making it into two tiny treatment rooms, my beautician had been in the country for a month or so and her main purpose was to try to sell more products.

The staff could not be bothered and in fact this was our second trip to the "clinic" as the first one we were turned away as the girl hadn't turned in so they couldn't carry out the treatment. Had I purchased this just for myself wouldn't have been too bad but the fact I had bought this as a treat for a close friend as a special birthday gift was so embarrassing. It amounted to a grossly over inflated original price dicounted by a large percentage which make the offer seem too good to be true and it was believe me.

Thought I would give them a second chance, so bought a afternoon tea at a place in Manchester, bellinis, classic sandwiches, cake stand of teatime goodies, this was a treat for my sister, what a joke, cheap sparkling wine, curled up sandwiches with the most disgusting fillings ever, one we didn't even know what it was, then to top it all there was no cake stand with tea time goodies, just a dried up slice of angel cake and a tiny scone served with cream that looked like mayonnaise and jam so dried up it wouldn't come out of the dish....again so embarrassed, needless to say I would never buy a groupon voucher again!!!!!!

Customer Rating

Four of us booked a spa day via Groupon...£99.00 for two at the WELLNESS OASIS. The Spa day offer was for a full body massage, (that was fine), full use of the leisure facilities (again, no problems) and lunch or dinner with wine. Well, the dinner turned out to be a choice of sandwiches up to the value of £10.00!! A salad alone was priced at £10:50!! When we complained that the offer was for dinner not a sandwich we were told to speak to the Owners of the spa who put out the deal.

On doing so, we were shocked to be rudely told to "leave their premises if we did not like the sandwich offer" I cannot believe this arrogant "couple" can be allowed to continue trading and speak to customers who have take up their offer in this way?! They should be banned from advertising through Groupon, as definitely Groupon will lose customers to this site.

Guilty by association! It must stop!! Groupon, you need to hold those who advertise on your site accountable as it's to your detriment if you don't. As for the WELLNESS OASIS, don't waste your time or money! it doesn't match up to other spas, such as LIFEHOUSE who are not only curteous but bend over backwards to ensure you have a memorable stay.

Customer Rating

Please refer to the email from one of your delightful sales staff below.

If the email below is genuine - and I have no reason to believe it is not, given the Yelp reviews linked below - it is disgusting behaviour which seriously discredits Groupon as a business.

I have been a Groupon customer for many years, but I can assure you that I will not be coming back.

Links to negative Yelp reviews:

Andy J himself:

Andy J's friend, who was apparently compelled to write a reveiw on the same day:

From: Andrew Johnston
Date: Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Subject: Thanks
To: info@sleepsf.com

Hi Trip!

I sincerely appreciate you hanging up on me. As a resident of San Francisco for over 25 years, I have a huge network of friends (ages 25-40) that all are extremely active on Yelp as well as other social media. I will gladly let them know how you treated me as well as my feelings about the people who run Sauce.

Go Giants!

Desk: 312-462-9495
Cell: 5107033591

Groupon Getaways

Customer Rating

I have purchased two Groupons for Carpet Cleaning. I used one two days ago and they provided the worst services I have ever received. My apartment is empty and I wanted to clean the carpet before I turned the keys over to the landlord. First of all they were very late so I had to leave and get my son from school. I left instructions with the office that the door would be open and the technician should enter when he arrived and start. When he got there, I received a call in which they tried to get me to upgrade and purchase spot removal. When I said that I didn't want it and wanted them to do what was on the Groupon which was to steam clean, deodorize and scotchguard, they said fine they would. When I returned the next day to inspect, the carpets were in the exact shape as when I left them the day before with the exception that they were very slightly damp. There was no scent of any type of cleanser or scotchguard having been used. I took photos the day before and the day after they cleaned and have proof that they are exactly the same. I called the office and was told that they were not going to do anything to fix the situation. I have one more Groupon valued at $49.00 and want my money back as I will never use this company again. Please advise how I can get my money back. Thank you Sandra DeMond

Customer Rating

Nov. 16 I received an off on My Groupon, at the top of the page was an offer that said "You have a $5. discount to use on any groupon deal of $15. or more. Offer expires Nov. 20. Discount applied at checkout. " I bought a $25. D'Amore Pizza deal, but no discount was taken at checkout!!! I felt frustrated and duped could not see anything to do on the sight to correct this. So here I am complaining.
I would appreciate some way to correct this. Sincerely, Rita Shockley

Hi

I’ve just checked for my Refund it’s still not processed for 5 vouchers. Please advise on the progress

From: Groupon SA [mailto:support@grouponsa.zendesk.com]
Sent: 08 January 2013 12:18 PM
To: Angela Tlale
Subject: [Groupon SA] Refund Request

## Please do not write below this line ##
Shameez (Groupon SA)
Jan 08 12:17 (SAST)
Hello Mmabatho,
We hereby acknowledge your request and will escalate it to our Refunds Department.
Reason: Not contactable
Billing Id: 121380330
DealTitle: Save up to 65% on a half, full day or VIP spa package for two people at Sara Spa
Billing Id: 121388221
Should you require any further assistance, please contact The Mothership on 021 201 7100.
Kind regards,
Shameez.

Groupon South Africa
Twangoo South Africa (Pty) Ltd t/a Groupon
3rd Floor, Newspaper House, St George's Mall, Cape Town, 8001
Email disclaimer: Twangoo South Africa (Pty) Ltd does not accept responsibility or liability for the unauthorised use of its email facility and/or the use of its email facility other than for its own authorised business purposes. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, kindly delete the entire communication and notify the sender thereof immediately as the information contained in this communication is protected by law and may be privileged. You are further reminded that copying, distribution or disclosure of the contents of this email may be unlawful and result in legal action against you, in the case of you not being the intended recipient. As information sent by email is corruptible, Twangoo South Africa (Pty) Ltd and its directors does not accept responsibility for such corruption, destruction, loss or interference of whatsoever kind and howsoever caused.
Please consider the environment before printing this email

Customer Rating

I am writing in regards to my recent visit to your salon. My friend and I purchased the deal below and think it is important to give you some constructive feed back from our experience. I don’t usually complain but I felt in this case I had to let you know, because in any business, if you don’t get feed back you can’t improve. We were disappointed and didn’t think the quality of service was worth £49.

- The date had to be re arranged for a start, we ended up waiting an additional month before we could book in.
- I only received 6 treatments – I did not get a head massage as it states above.
- Gemma only received 5 treatments – she did not go on the vibrating machine or get a head massage.
- I had a French manicure that I paid an extra £3 for; when Gemma was told it would be no extra charge.
- The manicure itself was not a good standard, the white tips are not straight and all of my previous nail varnish was not fully removed.
- I was told the facial/glycolic peel would not bring me out in spots, but it has irritated my skin and left me looking and feeling worse then before I came. I have a face mask that is more effective at home.
- My haircut is too short, I specifically asked for my layers not to be cut to thick or short, my hair is now layered all the way through and exactly how I did not want it (baring in mind I am getting married)
- The hair treatment was just a conditioner that was left on for 8 minutes; I have products that make my hair feel better at home.
- We were not shown the range of products as indicated above.
- We felt rushed and didn’t get to finish any of our cups of coffee.
- Gemma was given a goody bag and I was not, I had to ask. I was given less in mine. We both paid for the same thing but were treated differently.

We wondered if we only received a half hearted attempt because we purchased through Groupon, if so, it is not good advertisement for your business and will not encourage clients to return. If this genuinely is the standard of service, I would have been heart broken if we had of paid the full price and would suggest that you send staff for further training.

As we are fully aware of our rights, we would very much appreciate our money back (£98) we would be happy that you have taken our feedback on board, and not take the issue any further with Groupon.

Companies Like Groupon