Customer Satisfaction Results
1.97 out of 5 Stars
168 Consumer Reviews

Groupon
Complaint Department

Groupon operates in more than 45 countries and is an e-commerce site that connects retailers with subscribers. Products, travel, services and entertainment are available. It is traded publicly on NASDAQ:GRPN and employs over 10,000 people worldwide. With revenues in 2014 reported at US 3 billion, Groupon had over 45 million active customers after the first quarter of 2015.

There are several ways you can access customer support for Groupon. Check this helpful FAQ site or call one of three customer service phone numbers 7 days a week 8am-7pm CST: 1-888-664-4482 or 1-877-788-7858 or 1-999-375-5777. If you would like to contact Groupon CEO, Eric Lefkofsky you may address your correspondence to him at 3101 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306. The corporate telephone number is 650-433-4700.

Groupon has been called possibly one of the fastest companies to reach 1 billion sales in recent times. It was founded in 2008 by Andrew Mason, was originally called ThePoint and has an active history for such a young company.  Social media forums for Groupon are very successful and can be found on  Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

Have you had problems with Groupon?

Compare Groupon to Similar Deal Websites more...

Top 168 Reviews about Groupon

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Groupon customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Having purchased groupon voucher for 2 pair of glasses, I noticed that this has been duplicated which i did not do. I am being told that 14 days have elapsed and best if I gift the other one to a friend. I just want a refund from corporate, but they will not provide one easily.

Upvote (0)

I have a Groupon App on my android phone which I used on 4 Jan 2016 to purchase a Six Mile Helicopter Buzz Flight for 2 at a cost of 65.00 for my best friends 50th birthday, which is on Friday 29th Jan 2016. The 'Fine Print' instructions say to register with the company, which I did , however I was getting nowhere on their website so I contacted the number of the company to be told I needed to redeem the voucher through Groupon via email - How on earth would I know that in the first instance! As nowhere on the fine print did it say this or provide the Groupon email address - at this point it was all becoming a little frustrating...

I was provided with the Groupon email address by the Adventure 001 company and I sent a query to Groupon via email, a member of Groupon emailed me back ..... simple one would have thought ! .... No ... I then had to send a picture of the voucher via email to Groupon .... which I then did ..... I was the emailed with a link to access with the Adventure company - which I did - The system accepted the Groupon Code of HEL062-MCCRTL286, however it would not accept the Security Code showing on my phone of 1A2D - so I contacted the Adventure company to be told the Security Code showing on my voucher on my phone was not right as it should be a longer number.....

This morning I contacted Groupon on 02035100444 and spoke with an adviser who would only identify himself as 'MEI' - I told him my quandary and in all fairness he did attempt to help me - He provided me with the Security Code of 1A2D444166 - However when I inputted this (whilst Mei was on the line to me ) it would not accept. At this point I was so frustrated I asked for a total refund .... to which I was offered a Groupon voucher to the value of my purchase, no thank you I said , as the purchase I had made was specifically for a 50th birthday present as I have already mentioned above.

I was told by Mei that if I wanted a refund he would have to raise this with a manager who would authorize the refund - Imagine my frustration as I had spent 2 1/2 weeks in total trying to work my way around trying to redeem the purchase and book the flight around the 29th Jan, which is now obviously an impossibility. Mei said he had raised the issue as an incident on ref number 32197976 and that I would receive an email of confirmation of the raised incident by email within 10 minutes of my phone call which I made at 10.22 hours - the time is now 12.41 and I have received no such email.

I am requesting a full refund for the purchase and I would like you to email me back with your complaints department email address and phone number please. I lodged a complaint on the customer service email address, I had a reply on reference Ticket #32224687 at 19.25 hrs last night stating I would get a reply within 24 hours - I have still not had a reply/ update etc.

Upvote (0)

I am totally fed up with Groupon continually sending me e.mails. I have attempted to stop them but with no success. Could you please help me block them and refrain from sending any more.

Upvote (0)

Refer to ref# 1203147, purchased and order confirmed on 21/12/15, has been writing 9 complaint emails asking for the purchase status, no reply after 7th Jan until now! Called to Groupon today, and I had been ask to cancel the purchase or continue wait? After almost a month of waiting? Very not satisfied with the very super "efficient" reply and solution provided.

Upvote (0)

I purchased two groupon deals for Woodborough Hall in Nottinghamshire one for £39 and one for £29 but i have been billed for three deals two for£39 and one for £29. I have continually tried to contact groupon by phone and email but to no avail. I am informed on the telephone that Groupon lines are open 12 hrs a day this is not true no one ever answers. I hope you can help me to reclaim the £39 that i am owed.

Upvote (0)

My daughter in law purchased a Groupon Voucher for Afternoon tea with Prosecco for two at cost of £18.00 as a gift for me in October 2015, Voucher ABA5FD2741 Groupon 0010073EFI at Sackville Lounge, Sackville Street, Manchester M1 3WF. I have just tried to telephone in order to make a booking but have been told that the line is currently not in use. Further investigation suggests that the company has gone into liquidation. Is this a scam? Please advise how to contact the Groupon corporate department as this regards a refund.

Upvote (0)

On November 30, 2015 I purchased a Sony Playstation Gold Wireless headset. Order no. 428025993. I contact customer service on December 17, 2015 because I have not received by purchase! I was told that my issue was being referred to another department and that someone will contact me within 2 business days. On December 22, 2015, I called back because I hadn't received the product and/or any communication from Groupon (as promised). The gentlemen again advised me that my issue is being transferred to another department.

I asked to speak with a Supervisor and was told that no one was available. I asked for a name and telephone number of a Supervisor and I was told that information can not be given out! After several minutes I was given the name James Reed, who was too busy to speak with me a customer. This was my first time ordering from Groupon and it will be my last! Not only do I not have the product for Christmas. I can't even get a answer as to where my product is. This is poor business and customer service. I want a full refund to my account asap!

Upvote (0)

I have not had any replies to my complaint emails at all from Groupon customer service. have requested receipts for the goods I have purchased for warranty reasons. Why or why do you lot not even reply let alone the phone calls. I want receipts for all the goods I have purchased or I will cancel my membership and avoid Groupon ever again.

Upvote (0)

Myself and father in-law pursued a Groupon voucher for Loch Lomand Killearn; 2 nights stay with dinner both nights and bottle of wine and breakfast. But sadly our meal on the first night was so bad we could not go back the second. not one of us could eat our meal, my husband ordered the lamb with dauphinoise potatoes and they brought him smash potatoes. I ordered langoustine scampi, it come out as small bits of uncooked white fish and chip which were INEDIBLE a spoonful of grease came out ONE chip, which I showed the waitress, mother-in-law's chicken was bone dry and also inedible, so was my father in laws fish, I had to ask for the waitress to come over after sitting with dirty plates in front of us for 3 quarters of an hour, there was only one waitress on doing food service, bar and reception.

We then had breakfast the next morning but 2 could not eat it as it was still very greasy and disgusted by the meal the night before, it seemed as everything was deep fried including the sausage. so we could not eat diner or breakfast the second day. apart from myself and mother in-law had a bit toast and coffee the following morning. I asked to speck to the manager a few times but he was conveniently out of the building and never seen him once the girl on reception as we were leaving asked for my name and number for her to get back to me regarding compensation back for our complaint but I have not heard anything back from her or the Groupon corporate offices. All for of us were completely dissatisfied with our experience and all said it was THEE worsted meal we had ever had.

Upvote (0)

On my visa statement in November, there was a phantom charge of 79.20 on 9.28 from Groupon. I had not made any such purchase, and requested a refund. I received a email requesting every minute detail of the transaction which I returned said information at once. I did not receive any more correspondence, and waited for my next Visa, and was surprised that I still had not received a refund. I find the lack of concern on the part of Groupon corporate offcie disturbing. This has certainly made me more aware about checking credit card statements carefully. I would hope to find the refund on my next statement if you have had enough time to analyze the error.

Upvote (0)

I ordered a bed from Groupon 2 weeks ago was given a delivery day and time which was sat nov 7th between 7 and 10am the delivery driver called 6.30am and there was no one at home, I arranged to be there at 7am got there at 6.50 , the house was empty, when I arrived I found that the driver had been and left again, what is the point of giving me a delivery time and it is not kept, then my next date was today the 11th, had a phone call to say there was problems with the delivery lorry as yet have not been given another date and time, I am not happy about your delivery service, I am waiting for my bed, sleeping on the floor.

Upvote (0)

Logged on to Groupon and found something nice. I have paid for an item over a month ago and still nothing delivered to me. I have sent lots of emails to tell their support line about this to no avail. To this date I have only received one email back over a fortnight ago which asked me to allow 7 days to be resolved which it hasn't, no more answers to my emails! I would not recommend this company at all, customer service is everything. I am attaching the screenshot below of the form, although it does not work it seems!

Upvote (0)

I would give them a zero complaint rating if possible. After offering a groupon for a product I purchased two different products. Neither are available at the price I was offered and now they won't refund my money. I keep getting the same answer from everyone, never addressing my problem. They have my money but refuse to refund it. The company Canvas On Sale will not refund it as it was purchased through Groupon.

Upvote (0)

They fill my mailbox two times every hour: overkill. Bought a simple $14 book safe and they had the nerve the following day to send me a warranty for basically a cardboard box @ a cost of $5.95 for two years! NO customer service or feedback works.

Upvote (1)

I purchased a Swedish massage and have not been able to reach the provider by telephone at either number listed. I am very frustrated at this point. How do I proceed by filing a complaint? I contacted Groupon and it has been more than a week and i have not received a response to my inquiry. Why is their contact information so difficult to find?

Upvote (1)

I ordered a computer using Groupon. It arrived with a damaged box. I asked the driver how it happened and he said he didn't know. I set the computer up and it didn't work. I have tried on numerous occasions to get in touch with the supplier who hasn't been very helpful. I paid a lot of money for this item and want something sorting!

Re: alpha health in Greensboro NO

I have had nothing but problems with the older lady staff member. She first stated I could not get my massage because I am pregnant. She made an appointment over a month away, against my wishes, and assured me she call me a few days before. I am out of town because my father is ill. He has been in the hospital for over a week. Yet I got nothing but a lecture from the older woman that it is my responsibility to make it to my appointment.

I must say, that she too, tried to get me to buy into their diet program the day I met her and when I met with the chiropractor, not an M.D, he stated he uses HCG hormones, a pregnant hormone, to get people to lose weight. I stated but I'm pregnant and was advised by the chiropractor and the older lady that it was safe. I declined their services and stated, that I'd have to verify it with my M.D at Duke. Neither of them was pleased. I strongly feel this was the reason from them refusing to honor the Groupon and issues me a refund! I tell you my story so you can make an independent decision to visit them.

Upvote (0)

I ordered an Armani watch for my dad's 60th birthday, after 10 days I chased the order up and was told they cannot find the order. I was then told the order had been placed again and had to wait another 7 days even though his birthday had gone I accepted this. I came home today to find the completely wrong watch has arrived!! and was told it would take another 14 days to get a refund. I find the service I have received totally unacceptable and will put me out of pocket, and he still has yet to receive his 60th birthday present. I have lost total faith in Groupon for not doing more to help.

Upvote (0)

I made a reservation at the Bevo Mill for last Sunday morning and got sick and could not eat anything, so I called the number listed on the Groupon that morning. A phone answering machine picked up my call and said the messages were full and to call back on Monday morning. I tried to get another phone number for them to no avail.

When I called back around 9:00 a.m. Monday morning, I talked to a couple of people before reaching the manager. The manager told me that he had been answering the phones until around noon on Sunday, and that I had not called and that the answering machine had a message that listed an emergency number to call. He said I was telling the truth and that he was charging my credit card $25.00. My husband called the manager back and told him that he had been sitting beside me when I called and that I was telling the truth. The manager hung up on him.

I received an e-mail today that said it was an apology; however, he was standing by what he said and still charging me $25.00, which I plan to refute. Nowhere on the Groupon is there listed an emergency number to call, nor is there a policy written about charging $25.00 for not showing up. I did, however, use a Groupon once before at Bevo with good results, but I was healthy that day and able to show up.

Upvote (0)

I bought a $200 Groupon for Dermix Institute on Davie Street in Vancouver, BC through your company. I had the initial consultation with them where they made me pay an additional $250 to get the products I would need for my Fraxel appointment which they kept canceling! I finally went to my appointment on March 26th, 2015, and I showed up but no one was there. Someone came out of the company beside them who told me the Dr was charged with fraud for impersonating a Dr as she did not have a license to practice. I want my money back. Surely Groupon should stand behind the companies they advertise. I am extremely unhappy about this.

Upvote (0)

I would like an answer to my complaint. I reached out to contact Groupon customer service department with no answer. Who do I have to get a hold of to reach help with this company?

Upvote (3)

somehow, my account was deactivated. Then, I couldn't get onto the iPhone Groupon app, which means you can't do ANYTHING, including use your Groupons! Then, you can't find a phone number to call them! THEN, they put you on hold for, I shit you not, THREE HOURS! I spoke with one douche after 1 1/2 hours on hold, and he knew nothing whatsoever, so he put me on hold again, while knowing (Okay. He knew ONE thing. He knew I'd be on hold until 12 hours later, because nobody would pick up the phone!) that he couldn't help me!!!! Pretty sure I've never been so irate at a company in my life......

Upvote (3)

We booked a hotel stay with Groupon 28/3/2015 at the countryside express hotel Northumberland went we got there the smell of damp in the building was overpowering and there was no heating at all it was freezing and it was very dirty the Indian gentleman behind reception was very miserable and made me my wife and I very uncomfortable by starring at us constantly so we left without staying and we are now very unhappy with Groupon for misleading us too believe this was a decent hotel

Upvote (0)

Stopped using Groupon about 1 yr ago as every time tried to go into my account, kept saying password not accepted, took forever to change it. 3 months ago set up another password, ordered few things which I got, ordered vouchers but cant print off, saying wrong password and no account, tried to reset password 5 times, I phoned up, they said will solve problem, 3 more attempts to reset password, nothing, cant print vouchers off which may have expired, all I want is to be able to get into their site, reset my password and hey presto. They are not the easiest company to work with and trying to get information is worse. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Upvote (0)

I purchased a subscription to Pittsburgh Magazine on 1/31/15. To date (3/28/150 I have not received the magazines and the number given on my groupon charge receipt is a constant busy. How do I get my money back or get the magazines?

Upvote (1)

I ordered 2 items paid by credit card and never received them numerous emails got me no where. Please tell me now what to do about Groupon.

Upvote (2)

I can't believe groupon represents this facade of a company. All they do is for $10 refer you to a local paintball company. The paint ball company has no association with paintball promo.com they have their own charges separate from this groupon sham. Please act like a legitimate business, veto the crap you have on your site or you will lose credibility. I have now doubts about the authenticity of your offerings. Thanks to this paintball experience.

Upvote (0)

The protein shake arrived damaged. The lid was not sealed properly and the powder has spilt out into the packaging box. I want to return it and have another or a full refund. Please contact me on 07583929379, thank you.

Upvote (1)

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes. The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was-NOTHING!!!
If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Upvote (0)

I usually can't look at your app without spending money and almost always i am happy with the results but as of one of my last orders I felt robbed. I thought I proudly purchased 50-75 "classic comics" from Legends Clearing House along with 36 unopened packs of collectors cards as well as Star Wars, Marvel and D.C. Collector cards.

Much to my disappointment I discovered a majority of unheard and no name comics and the few that were familiar were nothing close to classic. But it was the absence of 36 unopened packs of collector cards that enfuried me. I truly and honestly believe I could have walked into any old comic book store with that money and walked out happier.

I hope in some way, shape, or form I can be refunded or at the very least get what I paid for. If some one would be so kind to get in touch would me I'd really appreciate it. Please and thank you **

Upvote (0)

I purchased two groupons, 1 for myself and 1 as a gift. The groupon was for 2 tickets to City Base Movie theatre, & 2 $10 concession vouchers. I went with my young Daughter. I had no problem redeeming and receiving the tickets for the movie. I was given the vouchers at the ticket counter, but when we went to use the vouchers for food, we were told we could only use one. I had to get in another line to use the other for my daughter. A big inconvenience. I spoke with the manager, because the Groupon only stated I could only use one groupon at a time. She stated that the voucher only allowed one transaction per visit. I believe this is a misrepresentation, and they didn't tell me I could only have 1 movie ticket per visit, so what's the difference. If this isn't cleared up, I will no longer purchase the groupons for this place.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Goupon for a complete detail for a car for Da Kine Mobile Detail. I made several attempts to make an appointment. They finally called me back and left a message for me. I again made several attempts to contact them, one of hte numbers had been disconnected. When I finally was able to speak with someone, I made an appointment.

The first appointment I made, I had to call to find out why they didn't show up at the scheduled time. They said that they were delayed. I waited a couple of hours and called again. They told me that their guy was locked out of where they keep the equipment and they would be further delayed.

After another hour, they called me and told me they would need to reschedule, which we did. Second appointment, they texted me and told me they needed to reschedule. I told them I would be out of town until after the expiration datr. They said that was fine and we rescheduled. They never came out on the scheduled date. I waited all afternoon for them.

The car that was to be detailed was in the driveway. I contacted them the next morning and several times thereafter with no response. I still havce not heard from them. I WANT A REFUND. Not happy at all with this company. Very unprofessional.

Upvote (0)

My complaint is about how Lady Bug Farms in Northport, AL has conducted business and when addressing things with her she was extremely rude and NOT helpful at all. When I first initially purchased the groupon she told me she would work with me on the expiration date of the lessons sicne she sold so many was booked. She also didn't ahve many times availabe on Satursday am (when I was available) due to birthday parties and she didn't do lessons on Sundays which limited me even more. Then, we talked about how crazy the weather was and she said she would work with me to get my lessons in for my 12 year old daughter- but when calling today she would not budge AT ALL - and would only simply tell me they had expired. I'm out the money and my daughter only got 1 lesson! This is NOT acceptable and I'd like a refund of my money back other than the 1 lesson that was used. This is very unprofessional and I DO NOT like to do business with people that don't stand by their word. She would not help me or be more flexible after the lengthy and heated conversation. If this is the way Groupon wants to handle business - I will NEVER buy another one and I'll make sure I let everyone know NOT to buy them. She had me believing the deal was now between she and I and that she would be happy to work with me on the dates,lessons, etc. Instead it was exactly the opposite! I am requesting a refund of the lessons minus the one that was used. Thank you for your consideration.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a VIP s eason pass to include 4 rounds of golf and 10 lessons. according to Groupon the voucher expiration date is 3/6/2013. When i contacted Falcohead in Dec to redeem my coupon i was told that Groupon had errored and the expiration was Dec 2012 not March 2013 and i could contact Gento (not sure of spelling)1-888551-0612 to discuss the issue. I was told i could replace the grouon for a golf club. I explained i dont know how to play golf so i don't want a club. I was told the message was given to Mike and he would call me back. I have called numerous times and now all i get is voice mail and no return calls. Please refund the amount paid which was $189.00 to Sally Barto 121 Snapper Lakeway Tx 78734. Phone is 512-261-5543. thank you!

Upvote (0)

I bought a groupon for an ereader through you for an ereader from hipstreet. first of all the company is located in canada, second i have never been able to download a driiver for this device I have called them tried live chats email no responce. so now here i am with gift that i am unable to give away because i was unable to get a driver there for unable to download any books for christmas i is such a great gift to look at but truly unable to use wow what a derl money down the drain no refunds no reader.

Upvote (0)

hi, i have multiple problems with gorupons. presently there are 3 of them. i have tried - in vain - to get help from your only customer service people thru ticket #14508983 for the 2 of the problems. since yesterday, i have an additional complaint with a merchant called dermacouture permanent makeup in wayne, nj where i went and had a weird experience.

if i do not hear back from you by end of day monday, i will be forced to take all of the following actions:

a) andrew mason's office,

2) attorney general of illinois,

3) i am i contact with several complainers from face book and am considering new class action litigation.

4) any or all of the agencies and law firms who can direct or aid me in order to settle my grievances .

regards,
bina paul

Upvote (0)

I purchased a groupon for a company called Photobarn to get some photos printed onto wooden blocks. It seemed like an awesome gift idea and the priced was reasonable for the product so i ordered 3. I get charged and as promised received three codes to then use on the photobarn site. Well, I complete the first order and use the code, so far so good. When i tried to use the 2nd and third codes however i got errors. After some seriously frustrating attempts, i decide this is no longer the feel good project i was trying to do and decide this is just not for me. So i contact Groupon and had the WORST customer service experience. The rep who would only tell me that her name was Christine G. CG listens to what i have to say and then puts me on hold for 20 minutes, (i'm not joking) without so much as once coming back to let me know she's working on the issue. So i ask to speak to a manager- she refuses, then tells me that they are all "busy". She also refuses to give me her name would not give me any identifying information so that i could complain. lastly, she hung up on me. I'M STILL JUST AMAZED THAT THIS COMPANY IS STILL IN BUSINESS. In any case, the way this story ends is that they decided to refund *some of my money, but to move forward with the part of the order that went through- which i have to say is just bad business. I can guarantee you that i will never use either of those sites again.

Upvote (0)

I had ordered 3 pairs of earrings on Groupon. After I paid online, I received an email says that my order will be shipped 2 to 2 and half weeks later. Since I am leaving in 3 weeks, I don't think I can receive my order before I leave, so 3 minutes later, I contacted Groupon on their website via" contact us" requesting cancel my order. Nothing happens, a few hours later, I sent an email to their customer service requesting the cancellation of my order, 24 hours later, they replied saying that due to the big volume of the orders, they will have to extend the response time to 48 hours which is fine with me.

However, I received two emails after 3 days saying that they can't proceed my cancellation because it was after 2 hours of my purchasing. It is bot true, I tried to cancel my order 3 mins after I receive their confirmation email.

Now, it's almost a week, nobody from Groupon is willing to offer any help. I am really really disappointed!

Upvote (0)

Have been trying to contact Groupon for almost two weeks regarding getting money back for a Groupon I purchased in November. Already spoke with the business whom I purchased the Groupon from and they said they would also call Groupon to have them reimbuse me but Groupon will not respond to my e-mails at all. There is no phone number to contact them and their e-mails keep saying they will respond within 24 hours and they are not responding.

Upvote (0)

I was really disappointed to learn about additional fees after I bought the 2 night 2 bedroom groupon offer in Gatlinburg TN. If those additional fees were mentioned in the inital offering, they were really hidden and in the fine print. The additional fees of about $200 was quite a shock after spending $269. I almost cancelled and asjked for my money back. I

will certainly be hesitant about pruchasing another groupon for fear of another pricey expereince. If I have opportunities to tell others of my experience, rest assured, I will in order to prevent others fro falling for what looks attractive on the surface, but isn't.

Judy Chamberlain

Upvote (0)

I purchased Groupon's daily deal after hearing about it from a friend in early 2011. I made reservations at Dalice Elizabeth Winery for Rustic Italian Cooking Classes with 2 glasses of wine for January 28th, 2012 at 11 a.m. I spoke to a gentleman, unfortunately I did not write his name down, who told me I could also come with 2 additional friends and pay $95 for both which was the Groupon rate. We arrived at 10:45 this past Saturday after I called repeatedly the week of the event to confirm with NO RETURN CONFIRMATION.

The vineyard looked very uncared for, and no one was there....in fact the kitchen where we most likely would have had the lessons was in complete dissaray! I would like a refund of my monies ttotaling $94 dollars or a credit to my Groupon account. I purchase reasonably often from you and have never had a problem. I am very upset and dissapointed that we drove over 1 hour and wasted our time going there only to be very disappointed with our friends, whom this was a gift for.

Another RIP off deal with groupon. Purchashed a 3 seater and 2 seater couch through Groupon with a company CFS, the seats are ripped, very very very poor quality, arms callopsing and the sofas are ready for the skip after two months use. The company have collapsed and we have nowhere to go for a refund or resolution to our problem. I have e-mailed groupon who seem very happy to accept 50% of the published price, over 1500 sofa's sold, not a bad revenue stream at all. Groupon need to take some accountabilty as the agent and respond to customers and offer compensation for the sofas they have marketed and sold...

To all out there who feel greed comes before principles respond and target groupon so positive action is taken NOW!!

Upvote (0)

I have yet to see my refund for the "Groupon deal "Cairngorms National Park: Two Night Stay...". The Groupon Email promised "We will send you a confirmation email as soon as the refund has been processed. This usually takes 24 hours" on 27-Nov-2012, there is no confirmation email or money refunded to date (05-Dec-2012). I am extremely disappointed by my Groupon experience. This is now the 9th day since I requested an online refund request and Groupon has broken every promise made in their email and website regarding refunds.

Upvote (0)

I bought a Groupon for a restaurant a few months ago. Before going to the restaurant, I did a Google search to see what others had to say about the restaurant. There were many reviews, UNANIMOUSLY negative, citing horrible food and bad service. I would have still tried it, but the Groupon was only good for sushi. Now, raw fish has to be extremely fresh, and complaint upon complaint said it was not fresh, had off tastes, or was inedible. Rather than risk getting sick, I wrote to Groupon to ask for a credit towards a future purchase. I was not looking for my money back, just a credit to use AT A restaurant with safe food. They said no twice, they would rather I go eat the food, get sick, and THEN complain and then they POSSIBLY will think about a refund. What a company. I have spent hundreds of dollars for Groupons, and they have lost me as a customer over a $15 credit.

Upvote (0)

I have been using Groupon for years. I have never had a complaint. But today is a different story. I have been trying to reset my password for 2 days. I am a very very very busy individual. I work 75 to 80 hours a week, so when I say I don’t' have time for this, I don't have time for this. I called after 15 minutes of looking for your number for log in help. Since I could find no such number, I called the only one I could find. There was no option for log in help, so I just selected #1. The girl was very nice, but offered no real help. She sent me the same link I have been trying for the last 2 days and told me that if it didn't work, to just reply to her email and she would call me right back. After waiting for about 15 minutes, I called back and got another girl. I told her my name, Beth. She said Seth, S as in Sam, I said no Beth. Every time I tried to spell it for her, she just kept repeating S as in Sam. So I spoke up a little louder, still, S as in Sam. I tried to ask if we were having a bad connection. I do not have a speech impediment so I thought we must be. When I tried to ask her if we may be having a bad connection, she kept interrupting me saying she was just trying to help me. She had a very bad attitude. I work for a very large company, where for many years I managed the customer complaint department. I still oversee process improvements in several of the customer service areas. I am a very pleasant person, however, with my background; I do not tolerate poor customer service, especially in the way of poor attitudes. Employees like this will lose business for you and I am sure in this day and time, losing customers is not what you want. I had a window of opportunity today to use my groupons, unfortunately that window has now passed me by because I could not find anyone to help me and I felt very compelled to waste my time writing this complaint. So, I suppose it will be another 2 weeks now before I can go enjoy my hour and half massage that I was so looking forward to in hopes that it would alleviate some of my intense stress and this awful migraine. Resorting to writing this complaint will be my only tool for stress relief today. How disappointing. I am not writing this to say I will never use you again, because I will; however, as a customer service expert, I can tell you that you will lose others who are treated this way. Please take some action to ensure your other customers do not have to end their grueling work day as disappointing as mine has ended. Thank you anyway for those experiences that have been good.

Upvote (0)

Your pinhead customer service agrees with my suggestion, now a DEMAND, yet nothing is done about it.
You must be DENSE to not know that the fabulous Las Vegas Strip, home of 100s of restaurants, has no street number signs, they just say "LAS VEGAS STRIP", the buildings rarely have any numbers, the Casinos(the largest of bldgs.) have none.
Of course they get mail but not from people on-the-strip enjoying life.

I spent a half hour tonight going to Flamingo Hotel, the MGM, then street vendors/merchants seeking to locate
HUSSONGS. Finally someone found it in a catalog as being at MANDALAY BAY(actually Mandalay Shoppes).
You must not, cannot, sell a Groupon with a Las Vegas Blvd. address witihout mentioning the major casino that is is part of, or next to, or nearby. I live at 3930 Swenson, Hussongs is at 3930 Las Vegas Blvd. So., parallel to my street, so naturally I sent to the ssame location on the Strip as my condo bldg. is; natch. But that was 3600 block there; also all east side numbers are EVEN, and so is Hussongs, but Mandalay Bay is on OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET so that rules is changed a few blocks away.
I am not going to buy any more Groupons and will urge others to forget about it if you do not have sufficient respect for your patrons to indicate where, on numberless streets, the restaurant can be found. Shame on you telling me my idea was
sound a year ago, and in Sept. (recently), you issue me Hussongs which is five blocks south and on other side of st. from
where the numbering system would have it(if there is a numbering system on the LV Strip known to other than USPS).

Upvote (0)

I recently bought a Groupon for nouveau semi-permanent eyelash extensions & brow tidy for £20 at Celebrity look sheffield. This was on groupon in november 2011. I called to arrange an appointment & was told due to christmas they were fully booked & the earliest appointment was on January 9th 2012 which I booked. On the day off my appointment I receive a tex saying due to personal matters my appointment is cancelled & they will ring me to re-arrange. I didn't receive a call back. I rang back again to arrange another appointment which was made for january 17th 2012. I went to the appointment which wasn't at celebrity look as advertised on Groupon but at a fitness place.

I rang the office & her mobile number no answer. Eventualy the lady answers her phone & says she had an argument with her employer & does not work there anymore. I am appalled on this unprofessional behavior & will not be buying anything from Groupon again. I have been mislead & conned by Groupon. I want a refund for my voucher, but don't think I'll be seeing any of my money back anytime soon. If they had better customer service I wouldn't have to complain like this.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a photo shoot with Portrait Scene for "$29 for Holiday Photo Shoot with One 8”x10”, Two 5”x7”, and Eight Wallet-Size Prints ($149 Value)" It shows a child sitting on Santa's lap reading a book. When I called to schedule an appointment I was told if I wanted that photo scene with Santa it would be an additional $25 and they would need it BEFORE they can schedule the appt! I am very mad because the picture shows a Santa and it says NOTHING about an extra $25! I want a refund because that is NOT what I ordered! There is nowhere on the groupon site for me to find out what to do about this?

Upvote (0)

Good day, In December 2012, I purchased a offer on Groupon with Cullinan diamond spa and in for the following - One night stay for two, including breakfast and one spa treatment each. I called the inn to book the night and was told they have free space only on january 31. I phoned again a week prior to the 31st and was told again they were full and only in March, had they space.

I asked to make a confirmed booking as the voucher only has a limited time frame and then would expire. A week later I was called and said they have to cancell the booking as the room has flooding damage. I was quite irate as I got the distint feeling it was being stalled everytime, so the voucher could expire.

After voicing my disdain and even voicing my unhappiness in helopeter, I was told the booking was confirmed. On the friday 22 march, I phoned the inn, to enquire how the spa treatments work and was told to go on the website and check what treatments they have. I then requested a facial for me and a manicure for my daughter.

On the saturday when we had our treatment, I asked for a extra half facial for my daughter which I would pay. On the day of my departure, I was told that only certain spa treatments were free, and I had to pay in on the supposedtly free treatments. Nowhere on the voucher I bought does it specify only certain treatment is included.

And on my telephonic query, was this not explained either, only told to look at the site and our treatments, why did they not say, you only get the following treatment? Please assist with the above.

Kind regards,
Heather Swanepoel

Upvote (0)

This is a copy of my e-mail sent to Groupon on 11/30/2012. Their response? Sorry but we can't help you.
Regarding: My 11/26/12 Groupon order #129838194
Dear sir,
I'd appreciate an explaination from someone with the authority to say anything other than "NO" regarding the simple exchange for the Norton Security product (PC version) that I ordered.
Your package was "hand delivered" to me by UPS around 6:30pm last night (11/29/12). After inspection I immediately tried to call to inform you folks about the mistake, but of course, you had closed for the day. I then sent an e-mail around 7:30pm comforted by your web site's claim,
("Agents are online to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week") but guess what, I've not gotten a response.
The "deal" ended @ 11:59 CST (11/29/12) but despite multiple attempts to contact Groupon before the close I was told today after I called that I'm not entitled to an exchange because the deal had closed?
Is this how you folks define "customer service"?
That's goes way beyond wrong!
Why do subscribers get the short end of the stick after "your people" shipped the wrong security version (MAC) despite numerous attempts by me to correct the mistake prior to the deal closing?
Norton certainly isn't going to bitch over one lousy exchange after receiving over 5000 orders with this deal...or could it perhaps be that that I'm not the only customer who received the wrong version.
I want the product folks, not a refund.
Please respond.

Upvote (1)

I purchased a groupon for 2 massages in October 2012. I tried contacting the vendor weekly, but only got a voicemail that said if you want an appointment, you need to email her. I emailed her several times and left 2 email addresses to get hold of me. The 3rd of December I finally reashced a live person at the other end of the phone. I asked for an appointment and stated that I had emailed several times and called weekly. She said, it must have been the technology because she emailed me back. Yeah, right. I asked for an appointment and she said they were booked through the end of the year and she could not give me an appointment. She said I would have to call back some time in January. I told her that I could not seem to get hold of her as it was and she just said she did not want to make appointments for January yet. I emailed Groupon about the matter, but Groupon refused to resolve the issue. They said they would call the vendor. Groupon emailed me 6 times, only saying they were sorry about the problem ,but the vendor would call me back. The vendor has never called or emailed me back. Groupon is stil lrefusing to acknowledge that they sold groupons for a vendor who is not honoring the groupon. I have a brother , father and best friend who are all attorneys. I am thinking of filing a suit since Groupon refuses to resolve this.

Contact the Groupon Complaint Department