Customer Satisfaction Results
1.96 out of 5 Stars
173 Consumer Reviews

Groupon
Complaint Department

Groupon operates in more than 45 countries and is an e-commerce site that connects retailers with subscribers. Products, travel, services and entertainment are available. It is traded publicly on NASDAQ:GRPN and employs over 10,000 people worldwide. With revenues in 2014 reported at US 3 billion, Groupon had over 45 million active customers after the first quarter of 2015.

There are several ways you can access customer support for Groupon. Check this helpful FAQ site or call one of three customer service phone numbers 7 days a week 8am-7pm CST: 1-888-664-4482 or 1-877-788-7858 or 1-999-375-5777. If you would like to contact Groupon CEO, Eric Lefkofsky you may address your correspondence to him at 3101 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306. The corporate telephone number is 650-433-4700.

Groupon has been called possibly one of the fastest companies to reach 1 billion sales in recent times. It was founded in 2008 by Andrew Mason, was originally called ThePoint and has an active history for such a young company.  Social media forums for Groupon are very successful and can be found on  Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

Have you had problems with Groupon?

Compare Groupon to Similar Deal Websites more...

Top 173 Reviews about Groupon

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Groupon customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Never received items. Altho it said it was delivered. Cant call and check or get more information. Now what?

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Groupon that should not be offered to the public. I want a refund and I was told I needed a Doctor prescription for it. Please issue a credit to my card or I will never shop at Groupon online again. This is a total product failure by this company.

Upvote (0)

I have been waiting over two weeks for my back support brace to be delivered. Why is there such a delay? Last time I will order from Groupon.

Upvote (0)

Ordered and paid for 3 items from same seller 9 days ago, 2/11/16. As of 2/20/16, items have yet to be processed. When items were ordered they were supposedly in stock/available for purchase. Received some generic response via email that things needed to be worked out with the supplier so that groupon could offer the best deal......thought the best deal was already worked out since items were advertised at a big discount already.

These 3 superhero tutu dresses were ordered for a party scheduled for 2/26/16. There is no reason why my order should not have been processed if I've already paid and items were available. Then I have to worry about shipping timelines once processing happens. Not happy at all and would like to speak with someone at Groupon customer service who does not give some scripted response when things are going wrong.

Upvote (2)

Bought a piano learning course for a reasonable price of £19. Once I registered I was immediately invited to buy a certificate. I declined. the next page informed me that the 'guide to the course would cost more money (all in US dollars - I live in UK and use £ sterling) No doubt I could muddle through without the 'guide' but I was led to believe that my purchase was all I needed.

Emailed Groupon support several times but got the same reply from them asking me to send them details of the problem. I did so several times and have now got fed up with the same person asking the same questions, and assuring me if he can be of further assistance. They have not assisted at all. Obviously hoping I'll get fed up and give up. Not a lot of money but I could spend £19 on more useful things from more reputable companies.

Upvote (0)

Having purchased groupon voucher for 2 pair of glasses, I noticed that this has been duplicated which i did not do. I am being told that 14 days have elapsed and best if I gift the other one to a friend. I just want a refund from corporate, but they will not provide one easily.

Upvote (0)

I have a Groupon App on my android phone which I used on 4 Jan 2016 to purchase a Six Mile Helicopter Buzz Flight for 2 at a cost of 65.00 for my best friends 50th birthday, which is on Friday 29th Jan 2016. The 'Fine Print' instructions say to register with the company, which I did , however I was getting nowhere on their website so I contacted the number of the company to be told I needed to redeem the voucher through Groupon via email - How on earth would I know that in the first instance! As nowhere on the fine print did it say this or provide the Groupon email address - at this point it was all becoming a little frustrating...

I was provided with the Groupon email address by the Adventure 001 company and I sent a query to Groupon via email, a member of Groupon emailed me back ..... simple one would have thought ! .... No ... I then had to send a picture of the voucher via email to Groupon .... which I then did ..... I was the emailed with a link to access with the Adventure company - which I did - The system accepted the Groupon Code of HEL062-MCCRTL286, however it would not accept the Security Code showing on my phone of 1A2D - so I contacted the Adventure company to be told the Security Code showing on my voucher on my phone was not right as it should be a longer number.....

This morning I contacted Groupon on 02035100444 and spoke with an adviser who would only identify himself as 'MEI' - I told him my quandary and in all fairness he did attempt to help me - He provided me with the Security Code of 1A2D444166 - However when I inputted this (whilst Mei was on the line to me ) it would not accept. At this point I was so frustrated I asked for a total refund .... to which I was offered a Groupon voucher to the value of my purchase, no thank you I said , as the purchase I had made was specifically for a 50th birthday present as I have already mentioned above.

I was told by Mei that if I wanted a refund he would have to raise this with a manager who would authorize the refund - Imagine my frustration as I had spent 2 1/2 weeks in total trying to work my way around trying to redeem the purchase and book the flight around the 29th Jan, which is now obviously an impossibility. Mei said he had raised the issue as an incident on ref number 32197976 and that I would receive an email of confirmation of the raised incident by email within 10 minutes of my phone call which I made at 10.22 hours - the time is now 12.41 and I have received no such email.

I am requesting a full refund for the purchase and I would like you to email me back with your complaints department email address and phone number please. I lodged a complaint on the customer service email address, I had a reply on reference Ticket #32224687 at 19.25 hrs last night stating I would get a reply within 24 hours - I have still not had a reply/ update etc.

Upvote (0)

I am totally fed up with Groupon continually sending me e.mails. I have attempted to stop them but with no success. Could you please help me block them and refrain from sending any more.

Upvote (0)

Refer to ref# 1203147, purchased and order confirmed on 21/12/15, has been writing 9 complaint emails asking for the purchase status, no reply after 7th Jan until now! Called to Groupon today, and I had been ask to cancel the purchase or continue wait? After almost a month of waiting? Very not satisfied with the very super "efficient" reply and solution provided.

Upvote (0)

I purchased two groupon deals for Woodborough Hall in Nottinghamshire one for £39 and one for £29 but i have been billed for three deals two for£39 and one for £29. I have continually tried to contact groupon by phone and email but to no avail. I am informed on the telephone that Groupon lines are open 12 hrs a day this is not true no one ever answers. I hope you can help me to reclaim the £39 that i am owed.

Upvote (0)

My daughter in law purchased a Groupon Voucher for Afternoon tea with Prosecco for two at cost of £18.00 as a gift for me in October 2015, Voucher ABA5FD2741 Groupon 0010073EFI at Sackville Lounge, Sackville Street, Manchester M1 3WF. I have just tried to telephone in order to make a booking but have been told that the line is currently not in use. Further investigation suggests that the company has gone into liquidation. Is this a scam? Please advise how to contact the Groupon corporate department as this regards a refund.

Upvote (0)

On November 30, 2015 I purchased a Sony Playstation Gold Wireless headset. Order no. 428025993. I contact customer service on December 17, 2015 because I have not received by purchase! I was told that my issue was being referred to another department and that someone will contact me within 2 business days. On December 22, 2015, I called back because I hadn't received the product and/or any communication from Groupon (as promised). The gentlemen again advised me that my issue is being transferred to another department.

I asked to speak with a Supervisor and was told that no one was available. I asked for a name and telephone number of a Supervisor and I was told that information can not be given out! After several minutes I was given the name James Reed, who was too busy to speak with me a customer. This was my first time ordering from Groupon and it will be my last! Not only do I not have the product for Christmas. I can't even get a answer as to where my product is. This is poor business and customer service. I want a full refund to my account asap!

Upvote (0)

I have not had any replies to my complaint emails at all from Groupon customer service. have requested receipts for the goods I have purchased for warranty reasons. Why or why do you lot not even reply let alone the phone calls. I want receipts for all the goods I have purchased or I will cancel my membership and avoid Groupon ever again.

Upvote (0)

Myself and father in-law pursued a Groupon voucher for Loch Lomand Killearn; 2 nights stay with dinner both nights and bottle of wine and breakfast. But sadly our meal on the first night was so bad we could not go back the second. not one of us could eat our meal, my husband ordered the lamb with dauphinoise potatoes and they brought him smash potatoes. I ordered langoustine scampi, it come out as small bits of uncooked white fish and chip which were INEDIBLE a spoonful of grease came out ONE chip, which I showed the waitress, mother-in-law's chicken was bone dry and also inedible, so was my father in laws fish, I had to ask for the waitress to come over after sitting with dirty plates in front of us for 3 quarters of an hour, there was only one waitress on doing food service, bar and reception.

We then had breakfast the next morning but 2 could not eat it as it was still very greasy and disgusted by the meal the night before, it seemed as everything was deep fried including the sausage. so we could not eat diner or breakfast the second day. apart from myself and mother in-law had a bit toast and coffee the following morning. I asked to speck to the manager a few times but he was conveniently out of the building and never seen him once the girl on reception as we were leaving asked for my name and number for her to get back to me regarding compensation back for our complaint but I have not heard anything back from her or the Groupon corporate offices. All for of us were completely dissatisfied with our experience and all said it was THEE worsted meal we had ever had.

Upvote (0)

On my visa statement in November, there was a phantom charge of 79.20 on 9.28 from Groupon. I had not made any such purchase, and requested a refund. I received a email requesting every minute detail of the transaction which I returned said information at once. I did not receive any more correspondence, and waited for my next Visa, and was surprised that I still had not received a refund. I find the lack of concern on the part of Groupon corporate offcie disturbing. This has certainly made me more aware about checking credit card statements carefully. I would hope to find the refund on my next statement if you have had enough time to analyze the error.

Upvote (0)

I ordered a bed from Groupon 2 weeks ago was given a delivery day and time which was sat nov 7th between 7 and 10am the delivery driver called 6.30am and there was no one at home, I arranged to be there at 7am got there at 6.50 , the house was empty, when I arrived I found that the driver had been and left again, what is the point of giving me a delivery time and it is not kept, then my next date was today the 11th, had a phone call to say there was problems with the delivery lorry as yet have not been given another date and time, I am not happy about your delivery service, I am waiting for my bed, sleeping on the floor.

Upvote (0)

Logged on to Groupon and found something nice. I have paid for an item over a month ago and still nothing delivered to me. I have sent lots of emails to tell their support line about this to no avail. To this date I have only received one email back over a fortnight ago which asked me to allow 7 days to be resolved which it hasn't, no more answers to my emails! I would not recommend this company at all, customer service is everything. I am attaching the screenshot below of the form, although it does not work it seems!

Upvote (0)

I would give them a zero complaint rating if possible. After offering a groupon for a product I purchased two different products. Neither are available at the price I was offered and now they won't refund my money. I keep getting the same answer from everyone, never addressing my problem. They have my money but refuse to refund it. The company Canvas On Sale will not refund it as it was purchased through Groupon.

Upvote (0)

They fill my mailbox two times every hour: overkill. Bought a simple $14 book safe and they had the nerve the following day to send me a warranty for basically a cardboard box @ a cost of $5.95 for two years! NO customer service or feedback works.

Upvote (1)

I purchased a Swedish massage and have not been able to reach the provider by telephone at either number listed. I am very frustrated at this point. How do I proceed by filing a complaint? I contacted Groupon and it has been more than a week and i have not received a response to my inquiry. Why is their contact information so difficult to find?

Upvote (1)

I ordered a computer using Groupon. It arrived with a damaged box. I asked the driver how it happened and he said he didn't know. I set the computer up and it didn't work. I have tried on numerous occasions to get in touch with the supplier who hasn't been very helpful. I paid a lot of money for this item and want something sorting!

Re: alpha health in Greensboro NO

I have had nothing but problems with the older lady staff member. She first stated I could not get my massage because I am pregnant. She made an appointment over a month away, against my wishes, and assured me she call me a few days before. I am out of town because my father is ill. He has been in the hospital for over a week. Yet I got nothing but a lecture from the older woman that it is my responsibility to make it to my appointment.

I must say, that she too, tried to get me to buy into their diet program the day I met her and when I met with the chiropractor, not an M.D, he stated he uses HCG hormones, a pregnant hormone, to get people to lose weight. I stated but I'm pregnant and was advised by the chiropractor and the older lady that it was safe. I declined their services and stated, that I'd have to verify it with my M.D at Duke. Neither of them was pleased. I strongly feel this was the reason from them refusing to honor the Groupon and issues me a refund! I tell you my story so you can make an independent decision to visit them.

Upvote (0)

I ordered an Armani watch for my dad's 60th birthday, after 10 days I chased the order up and was told they cannot find the order. I was then told the order had been placed again and had to wait another 7 days even though his birthday had gone I accepted this. I came home today to find the completely wrong watch has arrived!! and was told it would take another 14 days to get a refund. I find the service I have received totally unacceptable and will put me out of pocket, and he still has yet to receive his 60th birthday present. I have lost total faith in Groupon for not doing more to help.

Upvote (0)

I made a reservation at the Bevo Mill for last Sunday morning and got sick and could not eat anything, so I called the number listed on the Groupon that morning. A phone answering machine picked up my call and said the messages were full and to call back on Monday morning. I tried to get another phone number for them to no avail.

When I called back around 9:00 a.m. Monday morning, I talked to a couple of people before reaching the manager. The manager told me that he had been answering the phones until around noon on Sunday, and that I had not called and that the answering machine had a message that listed an emergency number to call. He said I was telling the truth and that he was charging my credit card $25.00. My husband called the manager back and told him that he had been sitting beside me when I called and that I was telling the truth. The manager hung up on him.

I received an e-mail today that said it was an apology; however, he was standing by what he said and still charging me $25.00, which I plan to refute. Nowhere on the Groupon is there listed an emergency number to call, nor is there a policy written about charging $25.00 for not showing up. I did, however, use a Groupon once before at Bevo with good results, but I was healthy that day and able to show up.

Upvote (0)

I bought a $200 Groupon for Dermix Institute on Davie Street in Vancouver, BC through your company. I had the initial consultation with them where they made me pay an additional $250 to get the products I would need for my Fraxel appointment which they kept canceling! I finally went to my appointment on March 26th, 2015, and I showed up but no one was there. Someone came out of the company beside them who told me the Dr was charged with fraud for impersonating a Dr as she did not have a license to practice. I want my money back. Surely Groupon should stand behind the companies they advertise. I am extremely unhappy about this.

Upvote (0)

I would like an answer to my complaint. I reached out to contact Groupon customer service department with no answer. Who do I have to get a hold of to reach help with this company?

Upvote (3)

somehow, my account was deactivated. Then, I couldn't get onto the iPhone Groupon app, which means you can't do ANYTHING, including use your Groupons! Then, you can't find a phone number to call them! THEN, they put you on hold for, I shit you not, THREE HOURS! I spoke with one douche after 1 1/2 hours on hold, and he knew nothing whatsoever, so he put me on hold again, while knowing (Okay. He knew ONE thing. He knew I'd be on hold until 12 hours later, because nobody would pick up the phone!) that he couldn't help me!!!! Pretty sure I've never been so irate at a company in my life......

Upvote (3)

We booked a hotel stay with Groupon 28/3/2015 at the countryside express hotel Northumberland went we got there the smell of damp in the building was overpowering and there was no heating at all it was freezing and it was very dirty the Indian gentleman behind reception was very miserable and made me my wife and I very uncomfortable by starring at us constantly so we left without staying and we are now very unhappy with Groupon for misleading us too believe this was a decent hotel

Upvote (0)

Stopped using Groupon about 1 yr ago as every time tried to go into my account, kept saying password not accepted, took forever to change it. 3 months ago set up another password, ordered few things which I got, ordered vouchers but cant print off, saying wrong password and no account, tried to reset password 5 times, I phoned up, they said will solve problem, 3 more attempts to reset password, nothing, cant print vouchers off which may have expired, all I want is to be able to get into their site, reset my password and hey presto. They are not the easiest company to work with and trying to get information is worse. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Upvote (0)

I purchased a subscription to Pittsburgh Magazine on 1/31/15. To date (3/28/150 I have not received the magazines and the number given on my groupon charge receipt is a constant busy. How do I get my money back or get the magazines?

Upvote (1)

I ordered 2 items paid by credit card and never received them numerous emails got me no where. Please tell me now what to do about Groupon.

Upvote (2)

I can't believe groupon represents this facade of a company. All they do is for $10 refer you to a local paintball company. The paint ball company has no association with paintball promo.com they have their own charges separate from this groupon sham. Please act like a legitimate business, veto the crap you have on your site or you will lose credibility. I have now doubts about the authenticity of your offerings. Thanks to this paintball experience.

Upvote (0)

The protein shake arrived damaged. The lid was not sealed properly and the powder has spilt out into the packaging box. I want to return it and have another or a full refund. Please contact me on 07583929379, thank you.

Upvote (1)

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes. The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was-NOTHING!!!
If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Upvote (0)

I bought an iPad 2 with 360 case for £309 but I thought the transaction was voided so I bought the £299 one which excluded the 360 case. I found out that both of the transaction was prossesed so I quickly went online to send an email to get a refund as it was Saturday I couldn't ring them. I got a reply the following day saying that they have contacted the company and money of £299 which I wanted to cancel and it's all been sorted out. I didn't bother calling them in the weekday. And after a week on Friday night my mom rang to say that both the money of £299 has not been refunded and they delivered both the products! But they missed the delivery so they are redelivering it on the Monday which is 25th march 2013. I emailed groupon furious, but they told me to contact the company for collection of the product I didn't want but the company would not answer even after hours of ringing them! I was absolutely fuming! This happened this morning! I was given false reassurance and information so I am filing this complaint! This all has happened today 23rd march 2013! And the transaction was made exactly a week ago!

Upvote (0)

our package to Krabi was return airport transfer but we was charged 800 baht and the staff was very rude says that they dont understand go back and deal with Groupon.

The Beach Sea House! It was a muslim village where there is nothing and u got to travel out take 1.30min at least.

Regards,
Manpreet

Upvote (0)

booked 2 vouchers 0010036IT6 & 001012013P for mystery hotel for my childern for xmas, on the voucher i printd off valid from 15.12.2012 to 31.5.2013had a email 36 days to redeem your voucher, reminded my kids to book when they tried, they were told they had to book befor feburary on the voucher there was no mention of this only blocked out dates. they couldn't book. When i rang groupon i spoke to a manager Mark id 8408 who was rude, and nasty and said bad luck you have losts your money on the other page in fine print was book by feburary, as i said on the voucher its not printed i have it in front of me. Its valid till 31.5.2013 cant we please extend the booking reference so we can make a booking and use before 31.5.2013 you have my money. I don't think he was doing the right thing groupon sent a email reminding me 36 days to REDEEM my voucher, but he wouldn't let me. At this stage I will never use you again and all my friends, daughters & son friends on face book will know we feel

Upvote (0)

My friends and I purchased 3 vouchers to Austria during or about April 2012. We prov booked the hotel, The Gutshoff Zillertal for the 14th to 17th Dec 2012. The voucher expires on the 20th Dec 2012.
Prior to booking our flights, we emailed the hotel to confirm our booking however we were informed that the bookings were taken and they have none available before 20 Dec '12.
We also suggested that we could delay until we can avail ourselves during July'13 whereby they mentioned that we should contact Groupon for those arrangements which we duly did. I have sent numerous emails and telephonic requests to Groupon with no success but empty promises of feedback and that the matter was at the refunds department.

I was promises a 72 hour response on 8 November 2012 and various therafter.

Kindly revert as a matter of urgency.

The Groupon reference number is 570803.

Kind regards

Kuban Chetty

041 484 2554
082 7804 734

Upvote (0)

I recently purchased e-lites (electronic cigarettes) on Groupon, when I was checking out I made a mistake with my Visa password probably because I use PayPal so much I got mixed up with my password. Anyway as I had used the voucher and my purchase hadn't been accepted my Voucher was deemed used. I got in touch with them and explained but no reply, I would advise anyone to be very careful when redeeming the voucher or else just stay away from them. Terrible way to treat a customer.. I won't be going back.

Groupon's makes there sales staff lie to potential clients to get your confidence and business then screws you. I signed on thinking we would sell 100 deals the sales person let it go to 204 deals which is killing my business . When contacted all you get is well the contract didnt say there was a cap. Verbally they do everything. They lie cheat and steal. All governments should bam them and shut them down. Us and Europe. I am hoping to get a class action lawsuit against Groupons they need to be stopped!!

Upvote (0)

I confirmed a purchase for a 5 for 10$ Groupon for a Starbucks card and when I went to activate it the page it says to click on cannot be found. So how am I supposed to redeem this Groupon if they won't let me activate it.

Upvote (0)

I bought a service at Groupon PHILIPPINES but their system did not reflect the purchase. I sent my deposit slip and their customer service confirmed my payment. After verifying my payment, she promised to give a full refund. Now after six months of follow ups, I received an email that "we will yet to find your deposit slip in our system, but unfortunately we haven't find any deposit slip ...
Your Groupon Fiend,
Jom"

Upvote (0)

1. I was send a necklace that did not close the clasp hole was too small for the part that went into it to close it. Tracking Number725109194201145801201303010002721581 Reference Number20130301000272158 StatusInTransit DestinationAntioch, TN 37013
Date Time Description Location
3/15/2013 02:04 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
3/13/2013 06:26 AM Arrived at Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
3/11/2013 06:57 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441
3/11/2013 12:59 PM Inducted into Newgistics Ne... Sparks, NV 89441
3/1/2013 02:51 AM Label Created
Really it had to go to NV, then to IN, now on to Tn. Today is the 18th and still no refund.

2. At Christmas I bought Stainless Steel Men's Bracelet (613-061-B for son in law. It came a week after Christmas. When he got it the clasp would not open. However, my dad was a jeweler before he retired and he was able to open it and he wore it that day. A month later he wore it to a concert and it broke and fell off. I wrote to groupon several times about this. They told me too bad there is only a 2 week return policy on products. That's absurd! I wrote an got a supervisor he was rude in his response and said sorry, it's too bad if the product broke after one wearing. I feel Groupon should be held accountable for the quality of the products they sell. I guess I should have just returned it when we had trouble opening it. This was embarrassing it was the Christmas gift for my son in law!
Boycott Groupon until they change their policy.

Upvote (0)

I live in Michigan and bought a groupon for 25.00 to a L.A. comedy show in Las Vegas. The night in question my husband got sick, he has cancer and we could not attend the show. I called groupon and they refused to refund my money and insisted that I should of read the small print. In the past when I could not use a groupon they always refunded my money and now they will not and they lost a customer. How come in the past they always refunded me? If I had known no refund I would not have bought it in the first place.

Upvote (0)

After purchasing two deals on Groupon, both times I was left embarrased by the experience. The first was a facial mapping and treatment at a so called clinic in Manchester, the original price was so over inflated even the reduced price of £39.99 was way over the top, the so called clinic was nothing more than a disussed office with a partition making it into two tiny treatment rooms, my beautician had been in the country for a month or so and her main purpose was to try to sell more products.

The staff could not be bothered and in fact this was our second trip to the "clinic" as the first one we were turned away as the girl hadn't turned in so they couldn't carry out the treatment. Had I purchased this just for myself wouldn't have been too bad but the fact I had bought this as a treat for a close friend as a special birthday gift was so embarrassing. It amounted to a grossly over inflated original price dicounted by a large percentage which make the offer seem too good to be true and it was believe me.

Thought I would give them a second chance, so bought a afternoon tea at a place in Manchester, bellinis, classic sandwiches, cake stand of teatime goodies, this was a treat for my sister, what a joke, cheap sparkling wine, curled up sandwiches with the most disgusting fillings ever, one we didn't even know what it was, then to top it all there was no cake stand with tea time goodies, just a dried up slice of angel cake and a tiny scone served with cream that looked like mayonnaise and jam so dried up it wouldn't come out of the dish....again so embarrassed, needless to say I would never buy a groupon voucher again!!!!!!

Upvote (0)

Four of us booked a spa day via Groupon...£99.00 for two at the WELLNESS OASIS. The Spa day offer was for a full body massage, (that was fine), full use of the leisure facilities (again, no problems) and lunch or dinner with wine. Well, the dinner turned out to be a choice of sandwiches up to the value of £10.00!! A salad alone was priced at £10:50!! When we complained that the offer was for dinner not a sandwich we were told to speak to the Owners of the spa who put out the deal.

On doing so, we were shocked to be rudely told to "leave their premises if we did not like the sandwich offer" I cannot believe this arrogant "couple" can be allowed to continue trading and speak to customers who have take up their offer in this way?! They should be banned from advertising through Groupon, as definitely Groupon will lose customers to this site.

Guilty by association! It must stop!! Groupon, you need to hold those who advertise on your site accountable as it's to your detriment if you don't. As for the WELLNESS OASIS, don't waste your time or money! it doesn't match up to other spas, such as LIFEHOUSE who are not only curteous but bend over backwards to ensure you have a memorable stay.

Upvote (0)

Please refer to the email from one of your delightful sales staff below.

If the email below is genuine - and I have no reason to believe it is not, given the Yelp reviews linked below - it is disgusting behaviour which seriously discredits Groupon as a business.

I have been a Groupon customer for many years, but I can assure you that I will not be coming back.

Links to negative Yelp reviews:

Andy J himself:

Andy J's friend, who was apparently compelled to write a reveiw on the same day:

From: Andrew Johnston
Date: Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Subject: Thanks
To: info@sleepsf.com

Hi Trip!

I sincerely appreciate you hanging up on me. As a resident of San Francisco for over 25 years, I have a huge network of friends (ages 25-40) that all are extremely active on Yelp as well as other social media. I will gladly let them know how you treated me as well as my feelings about the people who run Sauce.

Go Giants!

Desk: 312-462-9495
Cell: 5107033591

Groupon Getaways

Upvote (0)

I have purchased two Groupons for Carpet Cleaning. I used one two days ago and they provided the worst services I have ever received. My apartment is empty and I wanted to clean the carpet before I turned the keys over to the landlord. First of all they were very late so I had to leave and get my son from school. I left instructions with the office that the door would be open and the technician should enter when he arrived and start. When he got there, I received a call in which they tried to get me to upgrade and purchase spot removal. When I said that I didn't want it and wanted them to do what was on the Groupon which was to steam clean, deodorize and scotchguard, they said fine they would. When I returned the next day to inspect, the carpets were in the exact shape as when I left them the day before with the exception that they were very slightly damp. There was no scent of any type of cleanser or scotchguard having been used. I took photos the day before and the day after they cleaned and have proof that they are exactly the same. I called the office and was told that they were not going to do anything to fix the situation. I have one more Groupon valued at $49.00 and want my money back as I will never use this company again. Please advise how I can get my money back. Thank you Sandra DeMond

Upvote (0)

Nov. 16 I received an off on My Groupon, at the top of the page was an offer that said "You have a $5. discount to use on any groupon deal of $15. or more. Offer expires Nov. 20. Discount applied at checkout. " I bought a $25. D'Amore Pizza deal, but no discount was taken at checkout!!! I felt frustrated and duped could not see anything to do on the sight to correct this. So here I am complaining.
I would appreciate some way to correct this. Sincerely, Rita Shockley

Hi

I’ve just checked for my Refund it’s still not processed for 5 vouchers. Please advise on the progress

From: Groupon SA [mailto:support@grouponsa.zendesk.com]
Sent: 08 January 2013 12:18 PM
To: Angela Tlale
Subject: [Groupon SA] Refund Request

## Please do not write below this line ##
Shameez (Groupon SA)
Jan 08 12:17 (SAST)
Hello Mmabatho,
We hereby acknowledge your request and will escalate it to our Refunds Department.
Reason: Not contactable
Billing Id: 121380330
DealTitle: Save up to 65% on a half, full day or VIP spa package for two people at Sara Spa
Billing Id: 121388221
Should you require any further assistance, please contact The Mothership on 021 201 7100.
Kind regards,
Shameez.

Groupon South Africa
Twangoo South Africa (Pty) Ltd t/a Groupon
3rd Floor, Newspaper House, St George's Mall, Cape Town, 8001
Email disclaimer: Twangoo South Africa (Pty) Ltd does not accept responsibility or liability for the unauthorised use of its email facility and/or the use of its email facility other than for its own authorised business purposes. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, kindly delete the entire communication and notify the sender thereof immediately as the information contained in this communication is protected by law and may be privileged. You are further reminded that copying, distribution or disclosure of the contents of this email may be unlawful and result in legal action against you, in the case of you not being the intended recipient. As information sent by email is corruptible, Twangoo South Africa (Pty) Ltd and its directors does not accept responsibility for such corruption, destruction, loss or interference of whatsoever kind and howsoever caused.
Please consider the environment before printing this email

Upvote (0)

I am writing in regards to my recent visit to your salon. My friend and I purchased the deal below and think it is important to give you some constructive feed back from our experience. I don’t usually complain but I felt in this case I had to let you know, because in any business, if you don’t get feed back you can’t improve. We were disappointed and didn’t think the quality of service was worth £49.

- The date had to be re arranged for a start, we ended up waiting an additional month before we could book in.
- I only received 6 treatments – I did not get a head massage as it states above.
- Gemma only received 5 treatments – she did not go on the vibrating machine or get a head massage.
- I had a French manicure that I paid an extra £3 for; when Gemma was told it would be no extra charge.
- The manicure itself was not a good standard, the white tips are not straight and all of my previous nail varnish was not fully removed.
- I was told the facial/glycolic peel would not bring me out in spots, but it has irritated my skin and left me looking and feeling worse then before I came. I have a face mask that is more effective at home.
- My haircut is too short, I specifically asked for my layers not to be cut to thick or short, my hair is now layered all the way through and exactly how I did not want it (baring in mind I am getting married)
- The hair treatment was just a conditioner that was left on for 8 minutes; I have products that make my hair feel better at home.
- We were not shown the range of products as indicated above.
- We felt rushed and didn’t get to finish any of our cups of coffee.
- Gemma was given a goody bag and I was not, I had to ask. I was given less in mine. We both paid for the same thing but were treated differently.

We wondered if we only received a half hearted attempt because we purchased through Groupon, if so, it is not good advertisement for your business and will not encourage clients to return. If this genuinely is the standard of service, I would have been heart broken if we had of paid the full price and would suggest that you send staff for further training.

As we are fully aware of our rights, we would very much appreciate our money back (£98) we would be happy that you have taken our feedback on board, and not take the issue any further with Groupon.

Contact the Groupon Complaint Department