Customer Satisfaction Results
1.97 out of 5 Stars
169 Consumer Reviews

Groupon
Complaint Department

Groupon operates in more than 45 countries and is an e-commerce site that connects retailers with subscribers. Products, travel, services and entertainment are available. It is traded publicly on NASDAQ:GRPN and employs over 10,000 people worldwide. With revenues in 2014 reported at US 3 billion, Groupon had over 45 million active customers after the first quarter of 2015.

There are several ways you can access customer support for Groupon. Check this helpful FAQ site or call one of three customer service phone numbers 7 days a week 8am-7pm CST: 1-888-664-4482 or 1-877-788-7858 or 1-999-375-5777. If you would like to contact Groupon CEO, Eric Lefkofsky you may address your correspondence to him at 3101 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306. The corporate telephone number is 650-433-4700.

Groupon has been called possibly one of the fastest companies to reach 1 billion sales in recent times. It was founded in 2008 by Andrew Mason, was originally called ThePoint and has an active history for such a young company.  Social media forums for Groupon are very successful and can be found on  Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

Have you had problems with Groupon?

Compare Groupon to Similar Deal Websites more...

Top 169 Reviews about Groupon

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Groupon customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Bought a piano learning course for a reasonable price of £19. Once I registered I was immediately invited to buy a certificate. I declined. the next page informed me that the 'guide to the course would cost more money (all in US dollars - I live in UK and use £ sterling) No doubt I could muddle through without the 'guide' but I was led to believe that my purchase was all I needed.

Emailed Groupon support several times but got the same reply from them asking me to send them details of the problem. I did so several times and have now got fed up with the same person asking the same questions, and assuring me if he can be of further assistance. They have not assisted at all. Obviously hoping I'll get fed up and give up. Not a lot of money but I could spend £19 on more useful things from more reputable companies.

Upvote (0)

Having purchased groupon voucher for 2 pair of glasses, I noticed that this has been duplicated which i did not do. I am being told that 14 days have elapsed and best if I gift the other one to a friend. I just want a refund from corporate, but they will not provide one easily.

Upvote (0)

I have a Groupon App on my android phone which I used on 4 Jan 2016 to purchase a Six Mile Helicopter Buzz Flight for 2 at a cost of 65.00 for my best friends 50th birthday, which is on Friday 29th Jan 2016. The 'Fine Print' instructions say to register with the company, which I did , however I was getting nowhere on their website so I contacted the number of the company to be told I needed to redeem the voucher through Groupon via email - How on earth would I know that in the first instance! As nowhere on the fine print did it say this or provide the Groupon email address - at this point it was all becoming a little frustrating...

I was provided with the Groupon email address by the Adventure 001 company and I sent a query to Groupon via email, a member of Groupon emailed me back ..... simple one would have thought ! .... No ... I then had to send a picture of the voucher via email to Groupon .... which I then did ..... I was the emailed with a link to access with the Adventure company - which I did - The system accepted the Groupon Code of HEL062-MCCRTL286, however it would not accept the Security Code showing on my phone of 1A2D - so I contacted the Adventure company to be told the Security Code showing on my voucher on my phone was not right as it should be a longer number.....

This morning I contacted Groupon on 02035100444 and spoke with an adviser who would only identify himself as 'MEI' - I told him my quandary and in all fairness he did attempt to help me - He provided me with the Security Code of 1A2D444166 - However when I inputted this (whilst Mei was on the line to me ) it would not accept. At this point I was so frustrated I asked for a total refund .... to which I was offered a Groupon voucher to the value of my purchase, no thank you I said , as the purchase I had made was specifically for a 50th birthday present as I have already mentioned above.

I was told by Mei that if I wanted a refund he would have to raise this with a manager who would authorize the refund - Imagine my frustration as I had spent 2 1/2 weeks in total trying to work my way around trying to redeem the purchase and book the flight around the 29th Jan, which is now obviously an impossibility. Mei said he had raised the issue as an incident on ref number 32197976 and that I would receive an email of confirmation of the raised incident by email within 10 minutes of my phone call which I made at 10.22 hours - the time is now 12.41 and I have received no such email.

I am requesting a full refund for the purchase and I would like you to email me back with your complaints department email address and phone number please. I lodged a complaint on the customer service email address, I had a reply on reference Ticket #32224687 at 19.25 hrs last night stating I would get a reply within 24 hours - I have still not had a reply/ update etc.

Upvote (0)

I am totally fed up with Groupon continually sending me e.mails. I have attempted to stop them but with no success. Could you please help me block them and refrain from sending any more.

Upvote (0)

Refer to ref# 1203147, purchased and order confirmed on 21/12/15, has been writing 9 complaint emails asking for the purchase status, no reply after 7th Jan until now! Called to Groupon today, and I had been ask to cancel the purchase or continue wait? After almost a month of waiting? Very not satisfied with the very super "efficient" reply and solution provided.

Upvote (0)

I purchased two groupon deals for Woodborough Hall in Nottinghamshire one for £39 and one for £29 but i have been billed for three deals two for£39 and one for £29. I have continually tried to contact groupon by phone and email but to no avail. I am informed on the telephone that Groupon lines are open 12 hrs a day this is not true no one ever answers. I hope you can help me to reclaim the £39 that i am owed.

Upvote (0)

My daughter in law purchased a Groupon Voucher for Afternoon tea with Prosecco for two at cost of £18.00 as a gift for me in October 2015, Voucher ABA5FD2741 Groupon 0010073EFI at Sackville Lounge, Sackville Street, Manchester M1 3WF. I have just tried to telephone in order to make a booking but have been told that the line is currently not in use. Further investigation suggests that the company has gone into liquidation. Is this a scam? Please advise how to contact the Groupon corporate department as this regards a refund.

Upvote (0)

On November 30, 2015 I purchased a Sony Playstation Gold Wireless headset. Order no. 428025993. I contact customer service on December 17, 2015 because I have not received by purchase! I was told that my issue was being referred to another department and that someone will contact me within 2 business days. On December 22, 2015, I called back because I hadn't received the product and/or any communication from Groupon (as promised). The gentlemen again advised me that my issue is being transferred to another department.

I asked to speak with a Supervisor and was told that no one was available. I asked for a name and telephone number of a Supervisor and I was told that information can not be given out! After several minutes I was given the name James Reed, who was too busy to speak with me a customer. This was my first time ordering from Groupon and it will be my last! Not only do I not have the product for Christmas. I can't even get a answer as to where my product is. This is poor business and customer service. I want a full refund to my account asap!

Upvote (0)

I have not had any replies to my complaint emails at all from Groupon customer service. have requested receipts for the goods I have purchased for warranty reasons. Why or why do you lot not even reply let alone the phone calls. I want receipts for all the goods I have purchased or I will cancel my membership and avoid Groupon ever again.

Upvote (0)

Myself and father in-law pursued a Groupon voucher for Loch Lomand Killearn; 2 nights stay with dinner both nights and bottle of wine and breakfast. But sadly our meal on the first night was so bad we could not go back the second. not one of us could eat our meal, my husband ordered the lamb with dauphinoise potatoes and they brought him smash potatoes. I ordered langoustine scampi, it come out as small bits of uncooked white fish and chip which were INEDIBLE a spoonful of grease came out ONE chip, which I showed the waitress, mother-in-law's chicken was bone dry and also inedible, so was my father in laws fish, I had to ask for the waitress to come over after sitting with dirty plates in front of us for 3 quarters of an hour, there was only one waitress on doing food service, bar and reception.

We then had breakfast the next morning but 2 could not eat it as it was still very greasy and disgusted by the meal the night before, it seemed as everything was deep fried including the sausage. so we could not eat diner or breakfast the second day. apart from myself and mother in-law had a bit toast and coffee the following morning. I asked to speck to the manager a few times but he was conveniently out of the building and never seen him once the girl on reception as we were leaving asked for my name and number for her to get back to me regarding compensation back for our complaint but I have not heard anything back from her or the Groupon corporate offices. All for of us were completely dissatisfied with our experience and all said it was THEE worsted meal we had ever had.

Upvote (0)

On my visa statement in November, there was a phantom charge of 79.20 on 9.28 from Groupon. I had not made any such purchase, and requested a refund. I received a email requesting every minute detail of the transaction which I returned said information at once. I did not receive any more correspondence, and waited for my next Visa, and was surprised that I still had not received a refund. I find the lack of concern on the part of Groupon corporate offcie disturbing. This has certainly made me more aware about checking credit card statements carefully. I would hope to find the refund on my next statement if you have had enough time to analyze the error.

Upvote (0)

I ordered a bed from Groupon 2 weeks ago was given a delivery day and time which was sat nov 7th between 7 and 10am the delivery driver called 6.30am and there was no one at home, I arranged to be there at 7am got there at 6.50 , the house was empty, when I arrived I found that the driver had been and left again, what is the point of giving me a delivery time and it is not kept, then my next date was today the 11th, had a phone call to say there was problems with the delivery lorry as yet have not been given another date and time, I am not happy about your delivery service, I am waiting for my bed, sleeping on the floor.

Upvote (0)

Logged on to Groupon and found something nice. I have paid for an item over a month ago and still nothing delivered to me. I have sent lots of emails to tell their support line about this to no avail. To this date I have only received one email back over a fortnight ago which asked me to allow 7 days to be resolved which it hasn't, no more answers to my emails! I would not recommend this company at all, customer service is everything. I am attaching the screenshot below of the form, although it does not work it seems!

Upvote (0)

I would give them a zero complaint rating if possible. After offering a groupon for a product I purchased two different products. Neither are available at the price I was offered and now they won't refund my money. I keep getting the same answer from everyone, never addressing my problem. They have my money but refuse to refund it. The company Canvas On Sale will not refund it as it was purchased through Groupon.

Upvote (0)

They fill my mailbox two times every hour: overkill. Bought a simple $14 book safe and they had the nerve the following day to send me a warranty for basically a cardboard box @ a cost of $5.95 for two years! NO customer service or feedback works.

Upvote (1)

I purchased a Swedish massage and have not been able to reach the provider by telephone at either number listed. I am very frustrated at this point. How do I proceed by filing a complaint? I contacted Groupon and it has been more than a week and i have not received a response to my inquiry. Why is their contact information so difficult to find?

Upvote (1)

I ordered a computer using Groupon. It arrived with a damaged box. I asked the driver how it happened and he said he didn't know. I set the computer up and it didn't work. I have tried on numerous occasions to get in touch with the supplier who hasn't been very helpful. I paid a lot of money for this item and want something sorting!

Re: alpha health in Greensboro NO

I have had nothing but problems with the older lady staff member. She first stated I could not get my massage because I am pregnant. She made an appointment over a month away, against my wishes, and assured me she call me a few days before. I am out of town because my father is ill. He has been in the hospital for over a week. Yet I got nothing but a lecture from the older woman that it is my responsibility to make it to my appointment.

I must say, that she too, tried to get me to buy into their diet program the day I met her and when I met with the chiropractor, not an M.D, he stated he uses HCG hormones, a pregnant hormone, to get people to lose weight. I stated but I'm pregnant and was advised by the chiropractor and the older lady that it was safe. I declined their services and stated, that I'd have to verify it with my M.D at Duke. Neither of them was pleased. I strongly feel this was the reason from them refusing to honor the Groupon and issues me a refund! I tell you my story so you can make an independent decision to visit them.

Upvote (0)

I ordered an Armani watch for my dad's 60th birthday, after 10 days I chased the order up and was told they cannot find the order. I was then told the order had been placed again and had to wait another 7 days even though his birthday had gone I accepted this. I came home today to find the completely wrong watch has arrived!! and was told it would take another 14 days to get a refund. I find the service I have received totally unacceptable and will put me out of pocket, and he still has yet to receive his 60th birthday present. I have lost total faith in Groupon for not doing more to help.

Upvote (0)

I made a reservation at the Bevo Mill for last Sunday morning and got sick and could not eat anything, so I called the number listed on the Groupon that morning. A phone answering machine picked up my call and said the messages were full and to call back on Monday morning. I tried to get another phone number for them to no avail.

When I called back around 9:00 a.m. Monday morning, I talked to a couple of people before reaching the manager. The manager told me that he had been answering the phones until around noon on Sunday, and that I had not called and that the answering machine had a message that listed an emergency number to call. He said I was telling the truth and that he was charging my credit card $25.00. My husband called the manager back and told him that he had been sitting beside me when I called and that I was telling the truth. The manager hung up on him.

I received an e-mail today that said it was an apology; however, he was standing by what he said and still charging me $25.00, which I plan to refute. Nowhere on the Groupon is there listed an emergency number to call, nor is there a policy written about charging $25.00 for not showing up. I did, however, use a Groupon once before at Bevo with good results, but I was healthy that day and able to show up.

Upvote (0)

I bought a $200 Groupon for Dermix Institute on Davie Street in Vancouver, BC through your company. I had the initial consultation with them where they made me pay an additional $250 to get the products I would need for my Fraxel appointment which they kept canceling! I finally went to my appointment on March 26th, 2015, and I showed up but no one was there. Someone came out of the company beside them who told me the Dr was charged with fraud for impersonating a Dr as she did not have a license to practice. I want my money back. Surely Groupon should stand behind the companies they advertise. I am extremely unhappy about this.

Upvote (0)

I would like an answer to my complaint. I reached out to contact Groupon customer service department with no answer. Who do I have to get a hold of to reach help with this company?

Upvote (3)

somehow, my account was deactivated. Then, I couldn't get onto the iPhone Groupon app, which means you can't do ANYTHING, including use your Groupons! Then, you can't find a phone number to call them! THEN, they put you on hold for, I shit you not, THREE HOURS! I spoke with one douche after 1 1/2 hours on hold, and he knew nothing whatsoever, so he put me on hold again, while knowing (Okay. He knew ONE thing. He knew I'd be on hold until 12 hours later, because nobody would pick up the phone!) that he couldn't help me!!!! Pretty sure I've never been so irate at a company in my life......

Upvote (3)

We booked a hotel stay with Groupon 28/3/2015 at the countryside express hotel Northumberland went we got there the smell of damp in the building was overpowering and there was no heating at all it was freezing and it was very dirty the Indian gentleman behind reception was very miserable and made me my wife and I very uncomfortable by starring at us constantly so we left without staying and we are now very unhappy with Groupon for misleading us too believe this was a decent hotel

Upvote (0)

Stopped using Groupon about 1 yr ago as every time tried to go into my account, kept saying password not accepted, took forever to change it. 3 months ago set up another password, ordered few things which I got, ordered vouchers but cant print off, saying wrong password and no account, tried to reset password 5 times, I phoned up, they said will solve problem, 3 more attempts to reset password, nothing, cant print vouchers off which may have expired, all I want is to be able to get into their site, reset my password and hey presto. They are not the easiest company to work with and trying to get information is worse. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Upvote (0)

I purchased a subscription to Pittsburgh Magazine on 1/31/15. To date (3/28/150 I have not received the magazines and the number given on my groupon charge receipt is a constant busy. How do I get my money back or get the magazines?

Upvote (1)

I ordered 2 items paid by credit card and never received them numerous emails got me no where. Please tell me now what to do about Groupon.

Upvote (2)

I can't believe groupon represents this facade of a company. All they do is for $10 refer you to a local paintball company. The paint ball company has no association with paintball promo.com they have their own charges separate from this groupon sham. Please act like a legitimate business, veto the crap you have on your site or you will lose credibility. I have now doubts about the authenticity of your offerings. Thanks to this paintball experience.

Upvote (0)

The protein shake arrived damaged. The lid was not sealed properly and the powder has spilt out into the packaging box. I want to return it and have another or a full refund. Please contact me on 07583929379, thank you.

Upvote (1)

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes. The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was-NOTHING!!!
If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Upvote (0)

I am so disappointed in my experience with the Salon "Heavan on Earth" through Groupon and I would like an investigation into this and feedback.
I had booked a partner massage and have gone for many massages before but this was the worst one I have experienced.

From my side I need to tell you what happened and unfortunately it has just left me with a bad experience as I was so upset as it was a birthday massage as well.

On arrival first of all we were all waiting at the gate. There were 2 other cars waiting and not too sure as to whether the buzzer was working or not. We also tried to call the owner on her cell phone and she has since clarified the buzzer was not working.

Once in the salon room, the towels that we lay on had a damp smell and even felt damp. There was no aircon in the room and the room did not even have the ambience of a salon room. We were sweating lying there.

The 2 therapists and I’m really not going to slate them off as they seemed sweet, but the therapist who massaged me did nothing for me. It was an absolute poor quality massage and I felt like she had; if anything; dipped me into a bath of oil.
I did actually ask her to stop the massage before she had finished as I felt uncomfortable and just awful and wanted to leave. Even the head massage was terrible. I’m not too sure what happened here and think its unfair that something like this gets advertised on Groupon and the quality was so poor.

When I left even the dress I was wearing got oil on. The owner has since offered me a complimentary massgae but I will never return.

I feel that Groupon need to be aware of this as nowadays a massage is an absolute luxury.

Upvote (0)

I puchased a voucher for a Vax floor steamer value £62.99. I placed my order and and my code was accepted.3t2xk8d7rm. Unfortunately I did not go far enough down the page therefore my order did not go through, I appreciate this was my own fault and am not blaming your firm. I phoned you and was told nothing could be done, I therefore have no refund or steamer. I cannot afford to loose this money and have nothing to show for it. I am a pensioner and a widow. Please can someone help me out here ? I know it was my mistake but I would appreciate some give and take with your large concern. I notice the vax steamer is on special again and would still like to have this item, as you still have my £62.99 I wonder if it would possible for you to transfer my money for me. Thanyou Irene Syme

Upvote (0)

Purchased 4 snorkeling cruise for my Hawaii vacation. Merchant has no seats available on my vacation dates and they suggested me to get refund from Groupon. Guess what, Groupon refused to give me refund and insisted that i should use those vouchers in the future or give them as gifts away. I'm living in NYC!!!!

Upvote (0)

My son bought a massage gift for me for my birthday and the company, From Within Massage & Wellness Center, will not return my calls. On the website to book an appointment there is "no availability" for weeks. I have called several times over the past few weeks and left messages, emailed a message to call me and have constantly checked the availablity on line for an appointment and it reads "no availability". It expires tomorrow, this really seems unfair. I would like my sons money refunded immediately. I can be reached at 760-213-2920.

Upvote (0)

Because you have decided to drop gun shop owners or anything having to do with guns, I insist that you no longer contact me with offers. I will also encourage all my friends to drop Groupon because of your political actions against the 2nd amendment.

In the end we all have rights and so does Groupon, but because they no longer feature daily deals for ammo or guns, I have the right to refuse to deal with Groupon again and to spread the news to all my friends and family online.

Upvote (0)

You really need to take this company off of your Groupon deals "CAR CARE CENTRE" 30 Clyde place Glasgow.... Purchased the Groupon for MOT & service.. Phoned & it took 3 weeks to get a space to book car in so today we took it at 8.30a.m. was told it would take over 2 hours to complete, but they mixed things up & had set our car for a valet instead of a MOT & service so at 9.10a.m. we went back to the place to correct this & was told it was just that minute being taken for MOT but we said it was still outside the receptioist said not to worry the mechanic had taken the paperwork & he would be taking it.. We then returned 2 hours later to find the car still sitting in the car park same place had not moved... When we went to the reception to ask what the score was & was told quite casually paper work was still there & it had not gone for its test yet, we then asked why we had been lied to to be met by the man who seemed to be the boss telling us to stop shouting & just go to the waiting room as if being dismissed, saying you have told me that 5 times folding his arms & being very arrogant & saying I will just stand here & you can tell me again..then abruptly said you want to just take your car away, we said no we want the work done... He had no Customer service niceness what so ever or manners. when we asked for his name to complain we were told it was Tony when asked for his surname they all said do not know... We met othe customers with the same feelings & had had the same problems & standard of work was poor regarding valeting etc...While talking to one of those cusomers outside the place & he said to us it was all Bullshit, the guy Tony passed us & as he got into one of the cars he said to us Life is Bullshit mate, now we were not ttlaking to him & feel proffessionally he should not have entered into our private conversation either as I said a very arrogant man... We did not get out of there till 3.15p.m. Would NEVER go again.. Strongly feel you should not be taking any more of there offers onto your groupon website....

Upvote (0)

Dear Groupon, The below wording is the contents of the letter to Luccumbe Hall I have sent to their General Manager. After my recent stay on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th January using your Groupon voucher. I would appreciated if you could look into this matter.

I recently stayed for a two day break at Luccombe Hall. When I first made contact, I told the receptionist that we had a Groupon voucher for a two day break. I was told that they didn't have any standard double rooms for the days I chose, but they did have a family standard room.

I said that was fine. On arrival we found our family room was down in the basement (lower ground floor). On entering the room you were hit with a very strong chemical smell, which was very odious. I thought this might be the cleaning chemicals that the house keeping services use and gave it the benefit of the doubt, but the following evening the same odious smell was there and remained the length of our stay.

On the first morning at breakfast Saturday, I ordered the full English on hindsight I wish I hadn't. The sausage was of a red appearance and had a rubbery texture. The bacon looked fine one side but when you tried to cut it, it was completely hard on the other side.

The egg, fried tomato and mushrooms were fine. But the hash brown had me in stitches it was completely hard. I tried to cut into it but to no avail and I stabbed it with my fork and it shot off the plate. Anyway if I were a vegetarian to which I hasten to add I'm not, the breakfast at this point would have sufficed. I then thought what about some toast.

I duly walked over to the toaster to find no white bread to toast. After looking around for around ten minutes, yes ten minutes to find the waiter. I decided to go along to reception where I was met with a lovely smile from the receptionist. Who kindly went and got me some bread.

By now I had some what found I didn't need to use the gym with the exercise I was getting going up and down from the basement to our room. On our last day my wife and myself arrived for breakfast at 9.35am on Sunday morning. Deliberating over what we were going to eat for breakfast, a polish waiter strode over and said in quite a loud voice said.

'You are late! breakfast is finished'. I don't think the chief will cook any more breakfast. I said on Saturday and Sunday's the breakfast times are extended to 10.00am he completely rebuked me in a demeaning manor in front of other paying guests saying this was not the case. This caused myself and my wife severe embarrassment.

Even your web site clearly states a nice leisurely breakfast can be had at the weekend's from 8.00am-10.00am. Although he was back 10 minutes later and said the chef would cook breakfast. By this time I had lost my appetite from his earlier remarks.

My wife on the other hand had scrambled egg on toast. When it arrived the toast was burnt. My wife also said there were no glasses for the fruit juice's to which he said they were. There was only one when there were two of us. But when I had looked previously there were none along with no white bread again. I can honesty say I have stayed in far better bed and breakfasts than your hotel. I found the Luccombe Hall experience a let down.

I now look forward to your reply as I have stayed at Luccombe Manor on several occasions without experiencing any of these type of problems.

Bernard Kelly
Managing Director

Cc Groupon

Upvote (0)

I have purchased items from Groupon. The first time, I had to wait serveral months for the product which cost $159. Groupon refused to issue a cash refund, just "groupon bucks". I have since tried to spend my Groupon bucks and the supplier has said that my "address isn't valid" and refused to send goods. Groupon will only issue another useless "groupon bucks" refund - i just want my money back. Not "bucks", my actual cash back.

Upvote (0)

I bought a Groupon for a local restaurant, Grub, in Northampton, MA. Whe I went in today to use it they told me it was not valid for the discount because it says it "expires October 31st" so it isn't valid anymore. Today is October 31st. They said your policy means that it expired yesterday so that as of October 31st it is no longer valid. I've never heard of this before and either they are wrong or your expiration dates are misleading. It is very frustrating and I will certainly not be likely to buy Groupon in the future. Actually, while I am thinking of it. Sometime ago I also purchased a device that was supposed to be a back-up charger for my cellphone. I bought it because I spend weekends at a cabin with no electricity. It has never worked.

Upvote (0)

Groupon is a POS. They say they will honor refunds but they only do so if you cancel within 7 days. Sometimes things come up and you cannot meet your groupon. There is no reason that they do not honor refunds. Won't be purchasing any more groupons.
YOU SUCK

Upvote (0)

I purchased a coupon from Groupon last month for laser treatments at Laser and cosmetic surgery center (2000 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA). I called them to make an appointment and they gave me the appointment for 12/11/12 and I took 32 hours off from work I order to travel to Los Angeles for that appointment.

Then the company called me that same day while I was on my way to my appointment to cancel me with total disregard to the time away from work that I lost without pay. They said they would call me back but I have not received another call. Today I called the office Manager to follow up and she said no appointments were available for the next 2 months.

She was very rude and stated I could get my money back from Groupon. I found that comment to be very sarcastic as I am aware I can get my money back but that's not the point. The point is that the company did not care about the time and money I have wasted already yet my services for which I have paid for already have not been provided.

My complaint to groupon is because they are selling products/services from unreliable venders/companies and it appears that Groupon is merely concerned with making money from the public without any concern for the customers.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a product online on the 4th of December and paid via my credit card but when i tried to track it via the groupon website it stated i had no purchases. I emailed groupon and they said i will have to send proof of the purchase. I explained i could only get a statement on the 28th which I did and replied to the email requesting this. i still have not recieved any response from groupon and i would really like my money refunded seeing as my purchase can not be located.

Upvote (0)

Please please review groupon new refund policy. Maybe it's just this particular rep, but she seems to be banking on the possibility that I don't read their policy.

I called groupon for a refund (I changed my mind within the stated 7 days) - after they didn't reply my email after 2 days, but the customer service rep initially told me that she couldn't  refund me just because I changed my mind. When I pointed out that the stated policy did not make that distinction and I can do a refund if it's within 7 days, she back-pedaled a little and said she can fix this on a case-by-case basis, and in this case, she will refund it to me as Groupon credit. Again I insisted that their policy allows for immediate refund back to credit card, and again she back-pedaled (and sort of panicked) and told me to hold on as she needed to talk to someone. After a few minutes she came back and completed the refund process.

I confronted her at the end about the way she handled my case (trying to convince me that their refund policy was different) and had to be 'forced' to live up to the Groupon promise, and she gave me excuses about how she was only trying to review the refund policy at each step (where first she said she cannot do the refund, and then can only refund as credit, and finally yes, she can refund in full). I'm disappointed on how this was handled. Although I got my refund at the end, I don't understand why she made it that difficult and seemed to try to avoid refunding, where per their policy, it should be a clear cut case.  I'm very disappointed in Groupon, I thought they were better than that.

Upvote (0)

I purchased 2 groupon vouchers for Christmas gifts. These were for a 5 minute introductory flight with Niagara Freefall Indoor Skydiving & Interactive Center in Niagara Falls. I tried to redeem these in Feb. 2013 but was told they were closed down for a 2-3 week period as they were experiencing some mechanical failure. I noticed they were about to expire and I called twice and was not aware that they would not accept them on Saturdays.

I spoke with the owner in person as I drove down to see if they would let me use them this coming week. The owner was absolutely rude and dismissing. I spent $69.00 each on these coupons and now have lost my money. I have never dealt with a less professional business owner in my life. I have breast cancer and was unable to use these in March.

I have bought Groupon coupons in the past and have not had any problems. I am asking for a credit or help in redeeming my coupons. The owner wants me to pay an additional &142.00 to use my coupons. Thank you for your time. Deb Barber

Upvote (0)

Hi. I have only used your Groupon company once and going by your service to date will never use it again. I have spoken to one of your Groupon operators to try and resolve my complaint to no avail and filled in one of feedback forms which you forwarded to me. To date, I have had no response. To summarise my complaint, I purchased a deal to have my carpet cleaned at the cost of £19 last year. A voucher was never sent to me and when I finally managed to contact you I was told the deal was out of time and that I had lost my money. If a voucher was sent to me and I didn't use it before the 6 month dead line I could accept that it was down to me and lose out. However, as I see it, I paid Groupon £19 and in return I got absolutely nothing. This is quite blatently theft. I am absolutely incensed by this and on principle will not let this drop. If I dont hear back from Groupon, I will find out who is responsible with dealing with this email and take it to the next level.

Dear Sir,

I've made a purchase from Groupon Malaysia on August for 3 sets of motorola hand phones, till date I've not received any form of goods nor refund from your end. I've make several complains to your representatives via long distance call and email ( as I'm from Singapore), for most phones calls they would purposely put me on hold for the longest time, as for emails it greatly depends on their mood as most emails goes un- replied??? The last I've managed to speak to a representative from your end and she admitted that Groupons Malaysia had big issues with this particular merchant known as retrons telecommunications, but sadly enough this particular merchant is still actively participating in your programme???? Please answer me something that I'm unaware of, as I smell a rat. I demand that all my payments be refunded and a sum of compensation must be given as I've lost 3 good months in waiting, many international calling cost incurred and many time wasted on making out email complaints. I hope that this complaint end up in good hands and a reasonable amount be compensated, as I'm still a keen support of Groupons Singapore.

Many thanks.

Regards
Jay

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Groupon for two nights away with breakfast at the Sutton Staith Hotel in Norfolk as a gift for my Son and his wife. They arranged to stay between Christmas & New Year on 27th & 28th Dec and after a very stressfull period in a busy year were looking forward to a nice rest in what looked like a nice peaceful location.

On arrival the outside of the hotel looked lovely, but that was where the dream ended. The hotel was obviously being worked on as there were holes in the wall and paint flaking in the room that they were allocated, and although the bedding was clean, the hotel in general was dirty and smelled of stale smoke.

However the food was good and after spending some time in the bar they went back to their room to rest but sadly that didn't happen on either of the two nights of their stay. The room that they were allocated was above the bar and on the first night there was a darts match that went on until 2am with lots of cheering and shouting.

They thought that this would be a one off but on the second night a fight broke out in the bar below them with lots of noise and bad language. It appears that there was a lone female behind the bar who was unable to control the situation.
My Son went to reception the next morning to complain but there was no management or staff around to complain to which seemed to be the norm for both days.

Surely, if Groupon are going to sell these deals then they should at least check out the venue to see if it is suitable and to make sure that its customers are looked after during their stay. I am quite disgusted that what I thought would be a lovely gift has actually turned out to be a nightmare and I am very disappointed that Groupon have let this happen.

I have used Groupon on a few occasions in the past but will have to think very carefully about using them in the future.

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I bought a Dinosaur egg for my younger brother on the 1st of april 2013 for Rs 151. Today i got an email from groupon telling me that it was an April Fools joke. I feel cheated and betrayed. April Fool cannot be a tool to collect Rs. 151 from consumers and tell them that their refund will be given if they fill a form.

it is not a large sum of money but to sell an item and collect money from a consumer and to later tell them that there is no product is criminal and misusing their rights.

if groupon wants to play a prank or joke on april fools day then they could have done so without taking money from customers.
A dinosaur egg maybe a joke for groupon but for a lot of people who are excited and passionate about paleontology this was a bad joke.

Groupon should take a lesson from google on how to pull an april fools prank.

I have already sent this email to Groupon India but i want Groupon HQ to know about this....this is not how you treat a customer. and if i have to send this email to everybody i can i will, till something is not done about this

regards
shivender bains

Upvote (0)

Whoever this may conern, I purchased a voucher on Tuesday 16th August, code number 62/2902. I phoned to make an appointment and was told that because it was through a GROUPON they coulnt give me an appointment till the last week of september. Is this a joke? So because I bought adeal from yourselves I am not worhty of an appointment for over a month? I am extremely furious about this, I expect full refund immediately. If I have no response from this, or even acknowledgement I will take this further.

This has well and truly shocked me and I really should have listened to friends and colleagues when they tod me never to buy from you guys as there is always something wrong.  I bought two groupons for $115 each on 10/29/10, and without going into specific details of the reasons for the refund, Groupon stated they processed my total refund on 11/3/11, and it would take up to 10 business days to process. It is now over a month later, and I STILL do not have my refund.

They are blaming my bank (since it was with my old debit card number), but my old number is still attached to my current account. There is no reason why my bank would hold my money, and I have been given the runaround from Groupon for the past month. If there is anyone out there with legal advice, I live in Ga. (if that matters), and I would like to know what I can do to get my refund promptly.

Thank you!

Upvote (0)

I purchased a groupon for luxorlinens.com. I placed the order on january 2nd and called the company to make sure that it would make it in time for christmas. They assured me it would. Well it never showed up, Im still waiting. I have repeatedly called the company and no one is answering the phones, there is just an automated message that doesn't give me an option to talk to a person or leave a message.

But it does say that the best way to contact them is through email and they will respond within 24 hours. I have sent several emails, some several weeks ago, and still no response. I am so frustrated, I showed up to christmas without this important gift, and now there is zero customer support to let me know what is going on.

I don't know if it is possible for groupon to do anything or guarantee results but I have no other course of action.

Contact the Groupon Complaint Department