Customer Service Rating
1.94 out of 5 Stars
Based on 158 Votes

Groupon Complaints

send your feedback directly to the corporate office

Groupon operates in more than 45 countries and is an e-commerce site that connects retailers with subscribers. Products, travel, services and entertainment are available. It is traded publicly on NASDAQ:GRPN and employs over 10,000 people worldwide. With revenues in 2014 reported at US 3 billion, Groupon had over 45 million active customers after the first quarter of 2015.

There are several ways you can access customer support for Groupon. Check this helpful FAQ site or call one of three customer service phone numbers 7 days a week 8am-7pm CST: 1-888-664-4482 or 1-877-788-7858 or 1-999-375-5777. If you would like to contact Groupon CEO, Eric Lefkofsky you may address your correspondence to him at 3101 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306. The corporate telephone number is 650-433-4700.

Groupon has been called possibly one of the fastest companies to reach 1 billion sales in recent times. It was founded in 2008 by Andrew Mason, was originally called ThePoint and has an active history for such a young company.  Social media forums for Groupon are very successful and can be found on  Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

Is Groupon ripping you off?

File your complaint here first!

Groupon Contact Information

The best way to reach a live person fast
  • Corporate headquarters address

B+
  • Hours of operation

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Top 158 Groupon Customer Service Reviews

Recent consumer ratings and reviews submitted online

My experience at Jellystone Park was very negative. From the time, that I called to reserve, they gave me a problem because I was using a groupon voucher vs. having purchased the tickets outright. I have stayed at the location for 4 years in a row and this is the first time I've used groupon.

Aside from being inconvenienced of having to customer service at least 5 times to reserve my spot, I had other mishaps during my stay. Upon checkout, I asked to speak with front desk Management to voice my concerns and she was very unprofessional to the point that I was asked to vacate the premises and didn't want to hear any complaints.

For this reason, I would not recommend Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres and plan to also report this unfortunate incident to their corporate office.

Comment (0)

My complaint isn't really with Groupon except it doesn't appear there is much in the way of oversight to make sure vendors can deliver what they advertise on the groupon site. I will probably buy fewer groupons now due to less trust in your vetting process.

A friend and I attended the Chocolate Festival on Saturday, arriving 30 minutes after the start. There was a grand prize drawing that didn't tell you what the prize(s) was going to be, but there was a lot of personal information requested on the form. Not telling the prize was probably illegal. Threw that away. There were boxes of See's chocolates where you could buy one chocolate for a ticket. The person at the booth didn't know one chocolate from another - obviously not a Sees employee.

The chocolate covered strawberries were going to take another hour before ready. And there was another booth offering 3 minuscule "samples" of fudge for a ticket. And that was the extent of the chocolate at the chocolate festival. I got a refund for my unused tickets but no refund from the vendor for my groupon.

Comment (0)

Have 4 tickets for Broadway show Death in family and funeral on day of show Was told that we cannot re-schedule by Groupon customer relations department. Outrageous! Will never buy another Groupon and will tell friends of this awful experience.

Comment (0)

Never received items. Altho it said it was delivered. Cant call and check or get more information. Now what?

Comment (0)

I purchased a Groupon that should not be offered to the public. I want a refund and I was told I needed a Doctor prescription for it. Please issue a credit to my card or I will never shop at Groupon online again. This is a total product failure by this company.

Comment (0)

On or about March 4th 2016 I tried to purchase 2 oil changes deals through Groupons at Great Canadian Oil Change for 34.99, canadian funds.1 for myself and 1 as a gift. The purchases did not show up on my e-mail nor did my credit card get charged. On March 7th 2016 two charges did show up but no e-mail confirmation in order to print the coupons. I have been quite patient with this matter but have scanned my mailbox several times with no confirmation. Please credit my credit card account asap.

Comment (0)

I have been waiting over two weeks for my back support brace to be delivered. Why is there such a delay? Last time I will order from Groupon.

Comment (0)

Ordered and paid for 3 items from same seller 9 days ago, 2/11/16. As of 2/20/16, items have yet to be processed. When items were ordered they were supposedly in stock/available for purchase. Received some generic response via email that things needed to be worked out with the supplier so that groupon could offer the best deal......thought the best deal was already worked out since items were advertised at a big discount already.

These 3 superhero tutu dresses were ordered for a party scheduled for 2/26/16. There is no reason why my order should not have been processed if I've already paid and items were available. Then I have to worry about shipping timelines once processing happens. Not happy at all and would like to speak with someone at Groupon customer service who does not give some scripted response when things are going wrong.

Comment (3)

Bought a piano learning course for a reasonable price of £19. Once I registered I was immediately invited to buy a certificate. I declined. the next page informed me that the 'guide to the course would cost more money (all in US dollars - I live in UK and use £ sterling) No doubt I could muddle through without the 'guide' but I was led to believe that my purchase was all I needed.

Emailed Groupon support several times but got the same reply from them asking me to send them details of the problem. I did so several times and have now got fed up with the same person asking the same questions, and assuring me if he can be of further assistance. They have not assisted at all. Obviously hoping I'll get fed up and give up. Not a lot of money but I could spend £19 on more useful things from more reputable companies.

Comment (0)

Having purchased groupon voucher for 2 pair of glasses, I noticed that this has been duplicated which i did not do. I am being told that 14 days have elapsed and best if I gift the other one to a friend. I just want a refund from corporate, but they will not provide one easily.

Comment (0)

I have a Groupon App on my android phone which I used on 4 Jan 2016 to purchase a Six Mile Helicopter Buzz Flight for 2 at a cost of 65.00 for my best friends 50th birthday, which is on Friday 29th Jan 2016. The 'Fine Print' instructions say to register with the company, which I did , however I was getting nowhere on their website so I contacted the number of the company to be told I needed to redeem the voucher through Groupon via email - How on earth would I know that in the first instance! As nowhere on the fine print did it say this or provide the Groupon email address - at this point it was all becoming a little frustrating...

I was provided with the Groupon email address by the Adventure 001 company and I sent a query to Groupon via email, a member of Groupon emailed me back ..... simple one would have thought ! .... No ... I then had to send a picture of the voucher via email to Groupon .... which I then did ..... I was the emailed with a link to access with the Adventure company - which I did - The system accepted the Groupon Code of HEL062-MCCRTL286, however it would not accept the Security Code showing on my phone of 1A2D - so I contacted the Adventure company to be told the Security Code showing on my voucher on my phone was not right as it should be a longer number.....

This morning I contacted Groupon on 02035100444 and spoke with an adviser who would only identify himself as 'MEI' - I told him my quandary and in all fairness he did attempt to help me - He provided me with the Security Code of 1A2D444166 - However when I inputted this (whilst Mei was on the line to me ) it would not accept. At this point I was so frustrated I asked for a total refund .... to which I was offered a Groupon voucher to the value of my purchase, no thank you I said , as the purchase I had made was specifically for a 50th birthday present as I have already mentioned above.

I was told by Mei that if I wanted a refund he would have to raise this with a manager who would authorize the refund - Imagine my frustration as I had spent 2 1/2 weeks in total trying to work my way around trying to redeem the purchase and book the flight around the 29th Jan, which is now obviously an impossibility. Mei said he had raised the issue as an incident on ref number 32197976 and that I would receive an email of confirmation of the raised incident by email within 10 minutes of my phone call which I made at 10.22 hours - the time is now 12.41 and I have received no such email.

I am requesting a full refund for the purchase and I would like you to email me back with your complaints department email address and phone number please. I lodged a complaint on the customer service email address, I had a reply on reference Ticket #32224687 at 19.25 hrs last night stating I would get a reply within 24 hours - I have still not had a reply/ update etc.

Comment (0)

I am totally fed up with Groupon continually sending me e.mails. I have attempted to stop them but with no success. Could you please help me block them and refrain from sending any more.

Comment (0)

Refer to ref# 1203147, purchased and order confirmed on 21/12/15, has been writing 9 complaint emails asking for the purchase status, no reply after 7th Jan until now! Called to Groupon today, and I had been ask to cancel the purchase or continue wait? After almost a month of waiting? Very not satisfied with the very super "efficient" reply and solution provided.

Comment (0)

I purchased two groupon deals for Woodborough Hall in Nottinghamshire one for £39 and one for £29 but i have been billed for three deals two for£39 and one for £29. I have continually tried to contact groupon by phone and email but to no avail. I am informed on the telephone that Groupon lines are open 12 hrs a day this is not true no one ever answers. I hope you can help me to reclaim the £39 that i am owed.

Comment (0)

My daughter in law purchased a Groupon Voucher for Afternoon tea with Prosecco for two at cost of £18.00 as a gift for me in October 2015, Voucher ABA5FD2741 Groupon 0010073EFI at Sackville Lounge, Sackville Street, Manchester M1 3WF. I have just tried to telephone in order to make a booking but have been told that the line is currently not in use. Further investigation suggests that the company has gone into liquidation. Is this a scam? Please advise how to contact the Groupon corporate department as this regards a refund.

Comment (0)

On November 30, 2015 I purchased a Sony Playstation Gold Wireless headset. Order no. 428025993. I contact customer service on December 17, 2015 because I have not received by purchase! I was told that my issue was being referred to another department and that someone will contact me within 2 business days. On December 22, 2015, I called back because I hadn't received the product and/or any communication from Groupon (as promised). The gentlemen again advised me that my issue is being transferred to another department.

I asked to speak with a Supervisor and was told that no one was available. I asked for a name and telephone number of a Supervisor and I was told that information can not be given out! After several minutes I was given the name James Reed, who was too busy to speak with me a customer. This was my first time ordering from Groupon and it will be my last! Not only do I not have the product for Christmas. I can't even get a answer as to where my product is. This is poor business and customer service. I want a full refund to my account asap!

Comment (0)

I have not had any replies to my complaint emails at all from Groupon customer service. have requested receipts for the goods I have purchased for warranty reasons. Why or why do you lot not even reply let alone the phone calls. I want receipts for all the goods I have purchased or I will cancel my membership and avoid Groupon ever again.

Comment (0)

Myself and father in-law pursued a Groupon voucher for Loch Lomand Killearn; 2 nights stay with dinner both nights and bottle of wine and breakfast. But sadly our meal on the first night was so bad we could not go back the second. not one of us could eat our meal, my husband ordered the lamb with dauphinoise potatoes and they brought him smash potatoes. I ordered langoustine scampi, it come out as small bits of uncooked white fish and chip which were INEDIBLE a spoonful of grease came out ONE chip, which I showed the waitress, mother-in-law's chicken was bone dry and also inedible, so was my father in laws fish, I had to ask for the waitress to come over after sitting with dirty plates in front of us for 3 quarters of an hour, there was only one waitress on doing food service, bar and reception.

We then had breakfast the next morning but 2 could not eat it as it was still very greasy and disgusted by the meal the night before, it seemed as everything was deep fried including the sausage. so we could not eat diner or breakfast the second day. apart from myself and mother in-law had a bit toast and coffee the following morning. I asked to speck to the manager a few times but he was conveniently out of the building and never seen him once the girl on reception as we were leaving asked for my name and number for her to get back to me regarding compensation back for our complaint but I have not heard anything back from her or the Groupon corporate offices. All for of us were completely dissatisfied with our experience and all said it was THEE worsted meal we had ever had.

Comment (0)

On my visa statement in November, there was a phantom charge of 79.20 on 9.28 from Groupon. I had not made any such purchase, and requested a refund. I received a email requesting every minute detail of the transaction which I returned said information at once. I did not receive any more correspondence, and waited for my next Visa, and was surprised that I still had not received a refund. I find the lack of concern on the part of Groupon corporate offcie disturbing. This has certainly made me more aware about checking credit card statements carefully. I would hope to find the refund on my next statement if you have had enough time to analyze the error.

Comment (0)

I ordered a bed from Groupon 2 weeks ago was given a delivery day and time which was sat nov 7th between 7 and 10am the delivery driver called 6.30am and there was no one at home, I arranged to be there at 7am got there at 6.50 , the house was empty, when I arrived I found that the driver had been and left again, what is the point of giving me a delivery time and it is not kept, then my next date was today the 11th, had a phone call to say there was problems with the delivery lorry as yet have not been given another date and time, I am not happy about your delivery service, I am waiting for my bed, sleeping on the floor.

Comment (0)

Logged on to Groupon and found something nice. I have paid for an item over a month ago and still nothing delivered to me. I have sent lots of emails to tell their support line about this to no avail. To this date I have only received one email back over a fortnight ago which asked me to allow 7 days to be resolved which it hasn't, no more answers to my emails! I would not recommend this company at all, customer service is everything. I am attaching the screenshot below of the form, although it does not work it seems!

Comment (0)

I would give them a zero complaint rating if possible. After offering a groupon for a product I purchased two different products. Neither are available at the price I was offered and now they won't refund my money. I keep getting the same answer from everyone, never addressing my problem. They have my money but refuse to refund it. The company Canvas On Sale will not refund it as it was purchased through Groupon.

Comment (0)

I ordered a 'Premium Swag Bag For Her' and I am thoroughly disappointed with it. 3 of the items inside are the same in the Standard bag I ordered at the same time, how can this be right?! I wouldn't class anything in the bag as Premium, especially as I paid double the amount of the Standard bag! I feel extremely let down and disappointed with Groupon as I use you a lot for deals on goods and activities. I wish to have a full refund for the Premium bag as I feel it was not value for money.

Comment (0)

They fill my mailbox two times every hour: overkill. Bought a simple $14 book safe and they had the nerve the following day to send me a warranty for basically a cardboard box @ a cost of $5.95 for two years! NO customer service or feedback works.

Comment (1)

I purchased a Swedish massage and have not been able to reach the provider by telephone at either number listed. I am very frustrated at this point. How do I proceed by filing a complaint? I contacted Groupon and it has been more than a week and i have not received a response to my inquiry. Why is their contact information so difficult to find?

Comment (1)

I purchased a "deal" consisting of 6 bags of Snyder's Pretzels for $19.99 on 6-2-15. The order arrived on 6-5-15 and I noticed all of the bags were past the "use by" expiration date of 5-23-15. I communicated to Groupon via a live chat and they said there is nothing they can do about it because it is a non-returnable item.

Comment (0)

I ordered a computer using Groupon. It arrived with a damaged box. I asked the driver how it happened and he said he didn't know. I set the computer up and it didn't work. I have tried on numerous occasions to get in touch with the supplier who hasn't been very helpful. I paid a lot of money for this item and want something sorting!

Re: alpha health in Greensboro NO

I have had nothing but problems with the older lady staff member. She first stated I could not get my massage because I am pregnant. She made an appointment over a month away, against my wishes, and assured me she call me a few days before. I am out of town because my father is ill. He has been in the hospital for over a week. Yet I got nothing but a lecture from the older woman that it is my responsibility to make it to my appointment.

I must say, that she too, tried to get me to buy into their diet program the day I met her and when I met with the chiropractor, not an M.D, he stated he uses HCG hormones, a pregnant hormone, to get people to lose weight. I stated but I'm pregnant and was advised by the chiropractor and the older lady that it was safe. I declined their services and stated, that I'd have to verify it with my M.D at Duke. Neither of them was pleased. I strongly feel this was the reason from them refusing to honor the Groupon and issues me a refund! I tell you my story so you can make an independent decision to visit them.

Comment (0)

I ordered an Armani watch for my dad's 60th birthday, after 10 days I chased the order up and was told they cannot find the order. I was then told the order had been placed again and had to wait another 7 days even though his birthday had gone I accepted this. I came home today to find the completely wrong watch has arrived!! and was told it would take another 14 days to get a refund. I find the service I have received totally unacceptable and will put me out of pocket, and he still has yet to receive his 60th birthday present. I have lost total faith in Groupon for not doing more to help.

Comment (0)

I made a reservation at the Bevo Mill for last Sunday morning and got sick and could not eat anything, so I called the number listed on the Groupon that morning. A phone answering machine picked up my call and said the messages were full and to call back on Monday morning. I tried to get another phone number for them to no avail.

When I called back around 9:00 a.m. Monday morning, I talked to a couple of people before reaching the manager. The manager told me that he had been answering the phones until around noon on Sunday, and that I had not called and that the answering machine had a message that listed an emergency number to call. He said I was telling the truth and that he was charging my credit card $25.00. My husband called the manager back and told him that he had been sitting beside me when I called and that I was telling the truth. The manager hung up on him.

I received an e-mail today that said it was an apology; however, he was standing by what he said and still charging me $25.00, which I plan to refute. Nowhere on the Groupon is there listed an emergency number to call, nor is there a policy written about charging $25.00 for not showing up. I did, however, use a Groupon once before at Bevo with good results, but I was healthy that day and able to show up.

Comment (0)

I bought a $200 Groupon for Dermix Institute on Davie Street in Vancouver, BC through your company. I had the initial consultation with them where they made me pay an additional $250 to get the products I would need for my Fraxel appointment which they kept canceling! I finally went to my appointment on March 26th, 2015, and I showed up but no one was there. Someone came out of the company beside them who told me the Dr was charged with fraud for impersonating a Dr as she did not have a license to practice. I want my money back. Surely Groupon should stand behind the companies they advertise. I am extremely unhappy about this.

Comment (0)

I would like an answer to my complaint. I reached out to contact Groupon customer service department with no answer. Who do I have to get a hold of to reach help with this company?

Comment (3)

somehow, my account was deactivated. Then, I couldn't get onto the iPhone Groupon app, which means you can't do ANYTHING, including use your Groupons! Then, you can't find a phone number to call them! THEN, they put you on hold for, I shit you not, THREE HOURS! I spoke with one douche after 1 1/2 hours on hold, and he knew nothing whatsoever, so he put me on hold again, while knowing (Okay. He knew ONE thing. He knew I'd be on hold until 12 hours later, because nobody would pick up the phone!) that he couldn't help me!!!! Pretty sure I've never been so irate at a company in my life......

Comment (3)

We booked a hotel stay with Groupon 28/3/2015 at the countryside express hotel Northumberland went we got there the smell of damp in the building was overpowering and there was no heating at all it was freezing and it was very dirty the Indian gentleman behind reception was very miserable and made me my wife and I very uncomfortable by starring at us constantly so we left without staying and we are now very unhappy with Groupon for misleading us too believe this was a decent hotel

Comment (0)

Stopped using Groupon about 1 yr ago as every time tried to go into my account, kept saying password not accepted, took forever to change it. 3 months ago set up another password, ordered few things which I got, ordered vouchers but cant print off, saying wrong password and no account, tried to reset password 5 times, I phoned up, they said will solve problem, 3 more attempts to reset password, nothing, cant print vouchers off which may have expired, all I want is to be able to get into their site, reset my password and hey presto. They are not the easiest company to work with and trying to get information is worse. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Comment (0)

I purchased a subscription to Pittsburgh Magazine on 1/31/15. To date (3/28/150 I have not received the magazines and the number given on my groupon charge receipt is a constant busy. How do I get my money back or get the magazines?

Comment (1)

I ordered 2 items paid by credit card and never received them numerous emails got me no where. Please tell me now what to do about Groupon.

Comment (2)

I can't believe groupon represents this facade of a company. All they do is for $10 refer you to a local paintball company. The paint ball company has no association with paintball promo.com they have their own charges separate from this groupon sham. Please act like a legitimate business, veto the crap you have on your site or you will lose credibility. I have now doubts about the authenticity of your offerings. Thanks to this paintball experience.

Comment (0)

The protein shake arrived damaged. The lid was not sealed properly and the powder has spilt out into the packaging box. I want to return it and have another or a full refund. Please contact me on 07583929379, thank you.

Comment (1)

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes.

The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was bad. If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Comment (0)

I had recently used Groupon to purchase what seemed like a good offer with a Scottish business partner, Tartan Apartments/Castle Apartments, for a weekend or midweek break for two including a bottle of bubby and burgers for two on arrival. My initial contact with the business partner was ok, it took a few attempts to get the dates I wanted, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they had alot of people take up the offer.

However, two days before I was due to stay, I get a very automated message stating that "Part of the offer was a complementary welcome pack which included a mini bottle of bubbly and a voucher for a local deli offering take out Zebra burgers. Regrettable due to circumstances beyond our control we are now unable to provide you these items. The zebra burgers offer is no longer being continued by our supplier and the licensing division of the authorities have deemed this to break regulations and we are threatened with closure if we continue the practice."
No substitutes were offered and having contacted the business partner, I was basically told that because I could string a sentence together, the business partner were "impressed by my writing flair" and would offer me cash back compensation on arrival.

Needless to say that when I arrived at the offices to pick up the keys, no cash back offer was available. I wasn't even offered directions to the apartment without asking first. Needless to say that when we arrived at the apartment, it was of exceptionally poor standard. The interior was both tatty and damaged in parts, certainly not the offer we had purchased, and I would even go so far as to say, we over paid!!

Since returning, I have tried to raise a number or issues with both the business partner and Groupon themselves. I go unanswered. I would advise anyone out there that if you have purchased this Groupon voucher and have yet to use it, get your money back or get a credit against any future offers!!! This is not worth the hassle!!! I wouldn't stay again in a blind fit!!! Offers with Groupon quite clearly need to be better vetted and Business Partners held accountable for their poor customer service when trading with Groupon to provide these offers.

Comment (0)

I puchased a voucher for a Vax floor steamer value £62.99. I placed my order and and my code was accepted.3t2xk8d7rm. Unfortunately I did not go far enough down the page therefore my order did not go through, I appreciate this was my own fault and am not blaming your firm. I phoned you and was told nothing could be done, I therefore have no refund or steamer. I cannot afford to loose this money and have nothing to show for it. I am a pensioner and a widow. Please can someone help me out here ? I know it was my mistake but I would appreciate some give and take with your large concern. I notice the vax steamer is on special again and would still like to have this item, as you still have my £62.99 I wonder if it would possible for you to transfer my money for me. Thanyou Irene Syme

Comment (0)

I had ordered 3 pairs of earrings on Groupon. After I paid online, I received an email says that my order will be shipped 2 to 2 and half weeks later. Since I am leaving in 3 weeks, I don't think I can receive my order before I leave, so 3 minutes later, I contacted Groupon on their website via" contact us" requesting cancel my order. Nothing happens, a few hours later, I sent an email to their customer service requesting the cancellation of my order, 24 hours later, they replied saying that due to the big volume of the orders, they will have to extend the response time to 48 hours which is fine with me.

However, I received two emails after 3 days saying that they can't proceed my cancellation because it was after 2 hours of my purchasing. It is bot true, I tried to cancel my order 3 mins after I receive their confirmation email.

Now, it's almost a week, nobody from Groupon is willing to offer any help. I am really really disappointed!

Comment (0)

My friends and I purchased 3 vouchers to Austria during or about April 2012. We prov booked the hotel, The Gutshoff Zillertal for the 14th to 17th Dec 2012. The voucher expires on the 20th Dec 2012. Prior to booking our flights, we emailed the hotel to confirm our booking however we were informed that the bookings were taken and they have none available before 20 Dec '12. We also suggested that we could delay until we can avail ourselves during July '13 whereby they mentioned that we should contact Groupon for those arrangements which we duly did. I have sent numerous emails and telephonic requests to Groupon with no success but empty promises of feedback and that the matter was at the refunds department. I was promises a 72 hour response on 8 November 2012 and various therafter. Kindly revert as a matter of urgency. The Groupon reference number is 570803.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Groupon and did not realize it had an expiration. I thought all Groupons still had the original value paid. I guess that is not true. I tried to use it at the Merchant and was told I could not. I was embarassed as I was completely unaware. I already requested a refund and was told that is the policy. I am hoping you reconsider this as you are going to lose a good customer over $29.

Comment (0)

Dear Groupon, The below wording is the contents of the letter to Luccumbe Hall I have sent to their General Manager. After my recent stay on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th January using your Groupon voucher. I would appreciated if you could look into this matter. I recently stayed for a two day break at Luccombe Hall.

When I first made contact, I told the receptionist that we had a Groupon voucher for a two day break. I was told that they didn't have any standard double rooms for the days I chose, but they did have a family standard room. I said that was fine. On arrival we found our family room was down in the basement (lower ground floor). On entering the room you were hit with a very strong chemical smell, which was very odious.

I thought this might be the cleaning chemicals that the house keeping services use and gave it the benefit of the doubt, but the following evening the same odious smell was there and remained the length of our stay. On the first morning at breakfast Saturday, I ordered the full English on hindsight I wish I hadn't. The sausage was of a red appearance and had a rubbery texture. The bacon looked fine one side but when you tried to cut it, it was completely hard on the other side. The egg, fried tomato and mushrooms were fine.

But the hash brown had me in stitches it was completely hard. I tried to cut into it but to no avail and I stabbed it with my fork and it shot off the plate. Anyway if I were a vegetarian to which I hasten to add I'm not, the breakfast at this point would have sufficed. I then thought what about some toast. I duly walked over to the toaster to find no white bread to toast. After looking around for around ten minutes, yes ten minutes to find the waiter. I decided to go along to reception where I was met with a lovely smile from the receptionist.

Who kindly went and got me some bread. By now I had some what found I didn't need to use the gym with the exercise I was getting going up and down from the basement to our room. On our last day my wife and myself arrived for breakfast at 9.35am on Sunday morning. Deliberating over what we were going to eat for breakfast, a polish waiter strode over and said in quite a loud voice said. 'You are late! breakfast is finished'. I don't think the chief will cook any more breakfast.

I said on Saturday and Sunday's the breakfast times are extended to 10.00am he completely rebuked me in a demeaning manor in front of other paying guests saying this was not the case. This caused myself and my wife severe embarrassment. Even your web site clearly states a nice leisurely breakfast can be had at the weekend's from 8.00am-10.00am. Although he was back 10 minutes later and said the chef would cook breakfast. By this time I had lost my appetite from his earlier remarks.

My wife on the other hand had scrambled egg on toast. When it arrived the toast was burnt. My wife also said there were no glasses for the fruit juice's to which he said they were. There was only one when there were two of us. But when I had looked previously there were none along with no white bread again. I can honesty say I have stayed in far better bed and breakfasts than your hotel. I found the Luccombe Hall experience a let down. I now look forward to your reply as I have stayed at Luccombe Manor on several occasions without experiencing any of these type of problems.

Comment (0)

Groupon Deals and Refunds - November 2011 I have been trying for the last couple of weeks to contact someone at Groupon or the vendor Kensington Aesthetic clinic regarding my dissatisfaction with a Groupon deal. The only appointments are on a Monday or Thursday and due to work commitments, I cannot make either of these days especially 3 times in 2 weeks to fulfill the voucher. I am disappointed that Groupon customer services and Kensington Aesthetic Clinic have ignored my emails to discuss this matter and advise me. Groupon in the US replied to me, but they cannot deal with the complaint. This is therefore my last attempt at trying to resolve this situation directly.

All I asked was for someone from Groupon or Kensington to contact me directly to discuss this issue urgently–Instead I have been completely ignored Having paid out over £100 of my hard earned money I am very upset. Valid from purchase date to February 2012. I tried to contact the venue repeatedly with many emails – with no reply. I called and left a message, no reply.

They haven’t even had the decency to contact me directly. I am sorry but this is totally unacceptable! If they offer reduced options for visiting the salon it should have said so at the time, they should honour all vouchers and extend the booking dates. I have contacted them well in advance of the voucher expiring.

This voucher was purchased in good faith. I contacted the venue well within the time frame given. Groupon and the venue should have had some communicated regarding how many deals could be sold to ensure so that the venue can cope with the number of deals purchased. The company advertises these deals as possible gifts – this it is not acceptable if the vouchers have a risk of being non redeemable. I am now faced with the situation of having to replace the deal for the person the gift was given to at an expense of nearly £300!

Comment (0)

I bought a Groupon for a local restaurant, Grub, in Northampton, MA. Whe I went in today to use it they told me it was not valid for the discount because it says it "expires October 31st" so it isn't valid anymore. Today is October 31st. They said your policy means that it expired yesterday so that as of October 31st it is no longer valid. I've never heard of this before and either they are wrong or your expiration dates are misleading. It is very frustrating and I will certainly not be likely to buy Groupon in the future. Actually, while I am thinking of it. Sometime ago I also purchased a device that was supposed to be a back-up charger for my cellphone. I bought it because I spend weekends at a cabin with no electricity. It has never worked.

Comment (0)

I have been using Groupon for years. I have never had a complaint. But today is a different story. I have been trying to reset my password for 2 days. I am a very very very busy individual. I work 75 to 80 hours a week, so when I say I don't have time for this, I don't have time for this. I called after 15 minutes of looking for your number for log in help. Since I could find no such number, I called the only one I could find. There was no option for log in help, so I just selected #1. The girl was very nice, but offered no real help.

She sent me the same link I have been trying for the last 2 days and told me that if it didn't work, to just reply to her email and she would call me right back. After waiting for about 15 minutes, I called back and got another girl. I told her my name, Beth. She said Seth, S as in Sam, I said no Beth. Every time I tried to spell it for her, she just kept repeating S as in Sam. So I spoke up a little louder, still, S as in Sam. I tried to ask if we were having a bad connection. I do not have a speech impediment so I thought we must be. When I tried to ask her if we may be having a bad connection, she kept interrupting me saying she was just trying to help me.

She had a very bad attitude. I work for a very large company, where for many years I managed the customer complaint department. I still oversee process improvements in several of the customer service areas. I am a very pleasant person, however, with my background; I do not tolerate poor customer service, especially in the way of poor attitudes. Employees like this will lose business for you and I am sure in this day and time, losing customers is not what you want.

I had a window of opportunity today to use my groupons, unfortunately that window has now passed me by because I could not find anyone to help me and I felt very compelled to waste my time writing this complaint. So, I suppose it will be another 2 weeks now before I can go enjoy my hour and half massage that I was so looking forward to in hopes that it would alleviate some of my intense stress and this awful migraine.

Resorting to writing this complaint will be my only tool for stress relief today. How disappointing. I am not writing this to say I will never use you again, because I will; however, as a customer service expert, I can tell you that you will lose others who are treated this way. Please take some action to ensure your other customers do not have to end their grueling work day as disappointing as mine has ended. Thank you anyway for those experiences that have been good.

Comment (0)

After purchasing two deals on Groupon, both times I was left embarrased by the experience. The first was a facial mapping and treatment at a so called clinic in Manchester, the original price was so over inflated even the reduced price of £39.99 was way over the top, the so called clinic was nothing more than a disussed office with a partition making it into two tiny treatment rooms, my beautician had been in the country for a month or so and her main purpose was to try to sell more products.

The staff could not be bothered and in fact this was our second trip to the "clinic" as the first one we were turned away as the girl hadn't turned in so they couldn't carry out the treatment. Had I purchased this just for myself wouldn't have been too bad but the fact I had bought this as a treat for a close friend as a special birthday gift was so embarrassing. It amounted to a grossly over inflated original price dicounted by a large percentage which make the offer seem too good to be true and it was believe me.

Thought I would give them a second chance, so bought a afternoon tea at a place in Manchester, bellinis, classic sandwiches, cake stand of teatime goodies, this was a treat for my sister, what a joke, cheap sparkling wine, curled up sandwiches with the most disgusting fillings ever, one we didn't even know what it was, then to top it all there was no cake stand with tea time goodies, just a dried up slice of angel cake and a tiny scone served with cream that looked like mayonnaise and jam so dried up it wouldn't come out of the dish....again so embarrassed, needless to say I would never buy a groupon voucher again.

Browse reviews of other Deal Websites

Have feedback for Groupon?