Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by lindsay wilson
Jan 18, 2015 - Telford, ENG
Poor

I ordered something off Groupon before Christmas, I had an email to say it had been despatched on 6th December, after waiting a week or so I contacted Groupon to say my order hadn't arrived. They emailed me back to say it had been delivered on 6th December by royal mail, I thought this strange as I only received the despatched email on the same date, they said I should check with neighbours to see if they had my package and to get in touch with royal mail. I did both of these things my neighbours didn't have my parcel, and royal mail told me the same thing it was delivered to my address on 6th December. I asked who had signed for the parcel as I knew it was definitely not us as we were away that day and night with friends, they told me the parcel didn't require a signature. And that I should get back in touch with Groupon as its there responsibility. I then emailed Groupon again to inform them of what royal mail said, I heard nothing back but presumed this was because it was over the Christmas period and there was nobody working to respond to me. I then emailed again stating the same thing at the beginning of January, I did then receive a response saying I should check with neighbours again. I have done this again and they stress they have NO parcels for me. I have since told Groupon this AGAIN and have not had a reply, I have asked now for a full refund as I DO NOT have my parcel that I have paid for! And still now reply. I'm at a loss now of what to do?

Have you had problems with Groupon?

Compare Groupon to Similar Deal Websites more...

Top 153 Reviews about Groupon

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Groupon customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I ordered a computer using Groupon. It arrived with a damaged box. I asked the driver how it happened and he said he didn't know. I set the computer up and it didn't work. I have tried on numerous occasions to get in touch with the supplier who hasn't been very helpful. I paid a lot of money for this item and want something sorting!

Re: alpha health in Greensboro NO

I have had nothing but problems with the older lady staff member. She first stated I could not get my massage because I am pregnant. She made an appointment over a month away, against my wishes, and assured me she call me a few days before. I am out of town because my father is ill. He has been in the hospital for over a week. Yet I got nothing but a lecture from the older woman that it is my responsibility to make it to my appointment.

I must say, that she too, tried to get me to buy into their diet program the day I met her and when I met with the chiropractor, not an M.D, he stated he uses HCG hormones, a pregnant hormone, to get people to lose weight. I stated but I'm pregnant and was advised by the chiropractor and the older lady that it was safe. I declined their services and stated, that I'd have to verify it with my M.D at Duke. Neither of them was pleased. I strongly feel this was the reason from them refusing to honor the Groupon and issues me a refund! I tell you my story so you can make an independent decision to visit them.

Horrible

I ordered an Armani watch for my dad's 60th birthday, after 10 days I chased the order up and was told they cannot find the order. I was then told the order had been placed again and had to wait another 7 days even though his birthday had gone I accepted this. I came home today to find the completely wrong watch has arrived!! and was told it would take another 14 days to get a refund. I find the service I have received totally unacceptable and will put me out of pocket, and he still has yet to receive his 60th birthday present. I have lost total faith in Groupon for not doing more to help.

Bad

I made a reservation at the Bevo Mill for last Sunday morning and got sick and could not eat anything, so I called the number listed on the Groupon that morning. A phone answering machine picked up my call and said the messages were full and to call back on Monday morning. I tried to get another phone number for them to no avail.

When I called back around 9:00 a.m. Monday morning, I talked to a couple of people before reaching the manager. The manager told me that he had been answering the phones until around noon on Sunday, and that I had not called and that the answering machine had a message that listed an emergency number to call. He said I was telling the truth and that he was charging my credit card $25.00. My husband called the manager back and told him that he had been sitting beside me when I called and that I was telling the truth. The manager hung up on him.

I received an e-mail today that said it was an apology; however, he was standing by what he said and still charging me $25.00, which I plan to refute. Nowhere on the Groupon is there listed an emergency number to call, nor is there a policy written about charging $25.00 for not showing up. I did, however, use a Groupon once before at Bevo with good results, but I was healthy that day and able to show up.

Horrible

I bought a $200 Groupon for Dermix Institute on Davie Street in Vancouver, BC through your company. I had the initial consultation with them where they made me pay an additional $250 to get the products I would need for my Fraxel appointment which they kept canceling! I finally went to my appointment on March 26th, 2015, and I showed up but no one was there. Someone came out of the company beside them who told me the Dr was charged with fraud for impersonating a Dr as she did not have a license to practice. I want my money back. Surely Groupon should stand behind the companies they advertise. I am extremely unhappy about this.

Bad

I would like an answer to my complaint. I reached out to contact Groupon customer service department with no answer. Who do I have to get a hold of to reach help with this company?

Bad

somehow, my account was deactivated. Then, I couldn't get onto the iPhone Groupon app, which means you can't do ANYTHING, including use your Groupons! Then, you can't find a phone number to call them! THEN, they put you on hold for, I shit you not, THREE HOURS! I spoke with one douche after 1 1/2 hours on hold, and he knew nothing whatsoever, so he put me on hold again, while knowing (Okay. He knew ONE thing. He knew I'd be on hold until 12 hours later, because nobody would pick up the phone!) that he couldn't help me!!!! Pretty sure I've never been so irate at a company in my life......

Bad

We booked a hotel stay with Groupon 28/3/2015 at the countryside express hotel Northumberland went we got there the smell of damp in the building was overpowering and there was no heating at all it was freezing and it was very dirty the Indian gentleman behind reception was very miserable and made me my wife and I very uncomfortable by starring at us constantly so we left without staying and we are now very unhappy with Groupon for misleading us too believe this was a decent hotel

Horrible

Stopped using Groupon about 1 yr ago as every time tried to go into my account, kept saying password not accepted, took forever to change it. 3 months ago set up another password, ordered few things which I got, ordered vouchers but cant print off, saying wrong password and no account, tried to reset password 5 times, I phoned up, they said will solve problem, 3 more attempts to reset password, nothing, cant print vouchers off which may have expired, all I want is to be able to get into their site, reset my password and hey presto. They are not the easiest company to work with and trying to get information is worse. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Bad

I purchased a subscription to Pittsburgh Magazine on 1/31/15. To date (3/28/150 I have not received the magazines and the number given on my groupon charge receipt is a constant busy. How do I get my money back or get the magazines?

Bad

I ordered 2 items paid by credit card and never received them numerous emails got me no where. Please tell me now what to do about Groupon.

Horrible

I can't believe groupon represents this facade of a company. All they do is for $10 refer you to a local paintball company. The paint ball company has no association with paintball promo.com they have their own charges separate from this groupon sham. Please act like a legitimate business, veto the crap you have on your site or you will lose credibility. I have now doubts about the authenticity of your offerings. Thanks to this paintball experience.

Bad

The protein shake arrived damaged. The lid was not sealed properly and the powder has spilt out into the packaging box. I want to return it and have another or a full refund. Please contact me on 07583929379, thank you.

Bad

Typically enjoyed Groupon overall so I thought it would be ok to use a groupon for a restaurant. How wrong I was! I received a groupon for Copia Restaurant and wine Bar in St Louis, Missouri. The groupon says you have to call and make reservations and it says the merchant may not offer reservations on holidays to groupon users. So, when I call to make a reservation, I told the staff TWICE I have a groupon can I use it on St Valentine's Day and I was told yes. The Day before, Copia staff called to confirm the reservation and I again told them I intend to use a groupon is that ok and I was told yes. When we got to the restaurant we were sat all the way in the back under huge blower fans. I did complain and asked to move moved- nope! Had to wear a coat for dinner. Even my husband was cold and unhappy. The waiter struggled to remember the menu items but made sure to rattle of a list of what was already sold out by 6:00pm!!

Honestly, the food was lousy, overpriced, the service was slow but oh boy did the manager come RUNNING to our table and demanded to know who told me I could use a groupon. When I told her I could not remember the three different staff names I spoke to (two women,1 male), she refused to honor the groupon. She never introduced herself, never apologized, never asked how the service was-NOTHING!!!
If I behaved like that at my job, I would be fired!! The whole experience was awful. I will never go back and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from Copia. I guess their philosophy is to be a trendy restaurant you have to be nasty and unpleasant.

Horrible

I had recently used Groupon to purchase what seemed like a good offer with a Scottish business partner, Tartan Apartments/Castle Apartments, for a weekend or midweek break for two including a bottle of bubby and burgers for two on arrival. My initial contact with the business partner was ok, it took a few attempts to get the dates I wanted, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they had alot of people take up the offer.

However, two days before I was due to stay, I get a very automated message stating that "Part of the offer was a complementary welcome pack which included a mini bottle of bubbly and a voucher for a local deli offering take out Zebra burgers. Regrettable due to circumstances beyond our control we are now unable to provide you these items. The zebra burgers offer is no longer being continued by our supplier and the licensing division of the authorities have deemed this to break regulations and we are threatened with closure if we continue the practice."
No substitutes were offered and having contacted the business partner, I was basically told that because I could string a sentence together, the business partner were "impressed by my writing flair" and would offer me cash back compensation on arrival.

Needless to say that when I arrived at the offices to pick up the keys, no cash back offer was available. I wasn't even offered directions to the apartment without asking first. Needless to say that when we arrived at the apartment, it was of exceptionally poor standard. The interior was both tatty and damaged in parts, certainly not the offer we had purchased, and I would even go so far as to say, we over paid!!

Since returning, I have tried to raise a number or issues with both the business partner and Groupon themselves. I go unanswered. I would advise anyone out there that if you have purchased this Groupon voucher and have yet to use it, get your money back or get a credit against any future offers!!! This is not worth the hassle!!! I wouldn't stay again in a blind fit!!! Offers with Groupon quite clearly need to be better vetted and Business Partners held accountable for their poor customer service when trading with Groupon to provide these offers.

Hello,

I would like to file a complaint about the company Curated. I redeemed a Groupon for a memory foam mattress on Jan 5 2013. The mattress was delivered to the wrong address, and was returned to sender. Since that time, I have waited six weeks to receive my package, and have had a difficult time communicating with the company - there is no phone number on their website - when I did receive their phone number, it goes straight to voicemail without the name of the company. I am starting to wonder whether this company exists, or if they actually do what they say they are doing.

Please advise on my next course of action.

Groupon Code: NZJATBY9W2
Security Code: 48D9498D7B
REF: 14957012

Bad

I have written you about this before, but never heard from you. I bought 2 groupons thaat will not work. One is for a windshield 29.00. I was excited because I had a broken windshield that needed relacing ap, but when i called no ne answered anad the answering machine was full. So-nt able to get that windshield when I needed it.

I bought a christmas card groupon from zazzle for 29.00 that was for 75 christmas cards plus postage. When I tried to use it although they do offer postge stamps designed for the cards, this is NOT included. The man told me it should have read shiping not postage. That they would send the cards free. Told me to conntact you for a refund. please get back to me asap. The card on is about to exire.

Horrible

I just wanted Groupon to be aware of this particular restaurant called Bombay to Kuala Lumpur,108 church street, Paramatta which we bought a voucher for 2 people. Please don't advertise them anymore as it will put people off using Groupon. I do realize it is not Groupon fault but the restaurant that did not deliver what they promise. We don't expect a gourmet dinner from the price we paid but at least a decent meal. Being a Malaysian myself I do know the standard of food was awful.the restaurant never deliver what was on the advertisement brochure...service was cold. We were told to sit anywhere ,given two glasses of wine and they gave us a miserable satay stick and 2 small miserable spring roll. Then she pointed to the serving counter and said that is the choice of mains.( suppose for us to eat as much as we like) when I went to the counter there was six little container of rice, Kari Ikan ,beef rendang,curry chicken, char kway tow n noodles.....all miserable looking and cold. It looks to be there were left over from lunch. It was nothing that look like the advertisement photograph I saw. I proceed to ask are there any things else and the waitress state there is all there is.then I said what about the roti chanai and then she said for how many? I gather if I don't ask I don't get. On the advertisement photo there was a lovely bowl of laksa and meat....none of that was offer. Then I ask for the ice kachang for dessert and was told their machine was broken and the alternative was ice cream. We got half a scoup of ice cream each and was ignored than. It was the most awful and miserable meal I have had ...and we eat out alot. We had bought plenty of vouchers from Groupon, I don't expect the star treatment but decent meals. We had always been satisfied till our experience with this restaurant. Please go and find out yourself and stop business with this restaurant before it brings your name down. By the way we tried booking numerous time but was told they cannot accommodate us as there are busy. Had to ring a few time and finally they honor the voucher but 2 weeks late. My husband commented that we would have had a better meal buying from any food court. The mains were cold and serve in a dark corner. When my husband pointed to the human hair? On his plate with the curry the waiter shrug her shoulder and said use another plate. Please band this restaurant from your site and don't let another customer be con.

Horrible

I purchased a groupon from my computer,to get my carpets cleaned, by wng services ltd,i am fed up phoning them,i have left 2 messages on there answering maching,asking them to ring me back,i bought this offer well before the end of year 11,i phoned today again and still an answering machine,thats been about 6 wasted calls,i now in the last week have been trying to e mail groupon, to no avail,i have been phoning them ,and hanging on in a queque that doesn't get me anywhere,but a massive phone bill, i have phoned twice today and been on phone for half an hour or more each time,

i was that fed up twice i have given up,it's turning out to be really expensive,i don't want my carpets cleaned now''' i just want my money back,i will be deleting them from my computer,i couldn't say a good thing about this experience,i just hope other people take heid and watch out,as the same could happen to them....one very angry,peeved off lass...

Poor

I have purchased two vouchers from Groupon in December 2012, for a Harley Davidson bike ride. I have cancelled them same day, and have only received on refund. I have purchased two vouchers from Groupon in December 2012 for Le Fish Spa, when I tried to book, I was told that the vouchers was cancelled. I then asked for the refund. It is now almost 3 months, and I have supplied them with all the voucher details, phoned them emailed them, all I get from the is a email, saying "your refund will be paid out in the next three days". I don't know what else to do!!!!!!! so fustrated.

Contact the Groupon Complaint Department