ADT Customer Service

Contact ADT Corporate

Toll free phone number: 561-988­-3600

ADT Security Services was founded in 1874. It provides electronic security services for residential and small scaling industries. For more than 140 years now, ADT has been one of the most trusted brands across USA as well as Canada. With the fastest response, ADT ensures to be there available 24/7 being customer centric. ADT has the main corporate office located at Florida.

The ADT corporate office is located at 1501 Yamato Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33431. You can contact ADT Security Systems using their customer service phone number 561-988­-3600 or fax number at 302-655­-5049. Executives include CEO, Timothy J Whall and COO, Jim DeVires. The ADT Chief to Staff is Dan Bresingham.

ADT is diversified in the market and caters its Residential Services by givng unique features like Remote Arm/Disarm, Video Survelliance, Burglary monitoring, Fire and Smoke Alarm and Monitoring, Garage Door Control and Automatic Light settings. When it comes to the Business Sector, ADT has solutions in various sectors like Retail Security, Food & Beverages Solutions, Clinical Solutions, and Mechanical Solutions. The combination of themostat and appliances along with 24/7 survelliance help in protecting all confidential inventory.

ADT has even services in the Health care vertical. They have solutions in place like Fall detection, Help Buttons, Fast Response and GPS locator that can triger a call during emergency situations.

ADT Contact Information

9am-5pm EST, Monday-Friday

Browse reviews of other Security Systems

Top ADT Complaints

Bought a 5000.00 system that would not work from get go
Called to make an appt and could not get one for over three weeks
Now one month and no security on home
Want to cancel and they now want me to fulfill 3 year contract
Any ideas on how to get out!!!
So angry!!!!

MY appt with AD installation person was to be at my home June between 3pm and 6pm. I waited all day and there was no-show.
I called ADt the next day to see what happened, and why no one showed up. The person I spoke with said he did show up
and called. My phone did not show anyone called nor did Ring doorbell show anyone came. I was at home and if anyone had came
.my little dogs would have certainly barked till I opened the door. (The ADT person I spoke with when I called about the alarm
system taked to me for a very long then he forwarded me to his master tech. or his supv. and I talked to him with all the
disc I would receive and the great service I would get so I decided to use ADT.) I can only imagine the service you would get
after signing the contact.

Called in November of 2018 and asked to cancel service. We were told by two people verbally this would be done. They continued to draft account for 4 months , we then stopped draft and bank. They are now billing us for all these months!!! UGH!

I am beyond frustrated with the service from ADT, please refer to my previous compliant logged on your website also refer to case(50065417). A lady called Patricia attended to my compliant and again sent victor the technician out to my premises. Victor then came out and advised that the beams needs to be replaced, he also advised that going forward we must not activate the beams again until such time that its been replaced. It turns out that the beams was also not the issue as daily the alarm is still going off and again we exceeded our monthly 4x response threshold. I then called ADT again on the 20/5/2019 and left a message with the call center agent Charmaine for Bonny the technical manager (Victor / Shadrack's manager) to call as Bonny advised that should the problem persist after Victor was there that I should call him immediately. Today is 27th and still no call from Bonny, please refer to case ref no: 50446448.I have been deceived on several occasions by ADT for putting in a new 16 pad alarm system and have had nothing but trouble since it's installation.I have also advised Bonny that I have had to stay out of work on various occasions for ADT to sort out my issue, he assured me that this will not be the case going forward. At this point the beams and electric fence are off and I really need someone that knows what they doing to come out and sort this issue out once and forever, Shinaz 0832515113

Benjamin hurts to gave me a quote of 298 for everything activation set up ok the he came over talked to my wife and wanted more money after he told me 298 I just want my money back and him fired or let go if he's a contractor

Misses the important stuff ( 10 x12 aluminum storage building pulled up then picked up and left on the chain link fence and no clip; or the co. tec installed outside cameras left just enough of a gap to allow BATS to enter my attic requiring clean-up; or when thieves drove across the front yard) and gets clips of birds , heavy pollen nights, an sometimes nothing. I don't have confidence in this level of service and long for the day this is long gone.

Greetings Sirs: Timothy
Whall and Mr. Jim Devires I have had the security system for nearly years . Although the Customer service personnel are never rude, they cant answer the questions about the problems I'm having with my system. I do not have peace of mind with the system. The reason I purchased the system was because of an intruder coming in and out of my home. The motion sensors don't work sometimes. The cameras are not recording images, images have been deleted somehow. And the pictures are dark sometimes until I arrive home coincidently. I put the alarm on in the morning while I take a shower and when I leave for work I notice my doors unlock as if someone has spent the night. I am sending your images of what Ive taken Thanks for your If I can get some answers it would be appreciated. I have started locking my garage door from the inside at night so I have noticed that when I leave for work it does not show that the garage door is still opened even though I have closed it. They have replaced the cameras with new ones and still same dark images or no clippings at all. Also I have never received my $50 refund for signing on sir.

System compromised by employee. Installer code left on system. Because I’m truely being stalked, that information is being used to access my house. Look into my account. Phone and mail compromised.

I purchased adt for my home and my daughters home. I paid 6, 7 hundred dollars having the equipment installed etc.and they were to take the monthly payment out of my account. Well on my account they charged me four times in one month, my bank got my money back and I just was paying them myself so they couldn't have access to my checking acct. On my daughters I used another form of payment and had set that up to be taken out monthly as well, the same thing happened they charged 4 months in one month and again the credit card company got my money back and then they immediately stopped monitoring her account, no longer taking money out for her monthly payment and didn't send me a bill to know that they weren't taking it out so she went like 4 months without any security monitoring at her home. A couple of months later, now I was still being monitored at my home and I was paying the bill myself monthly, and then I discovered while I wasn't home things were being moved in my apartment. So I had another security company install their monitor and sure enough my door was being opened and closed and people were obviously coming into my apartment. I called to explain to adt I was cancelling my service and they could pick up their equipment. I am furious to say the least, there equipment still sits here and they still call me to receive payment. Fat chance of that ever happening PK

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM. STAY AWAY. THEY ARE QUICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT WHEN ITS TIME FOR YOUR REFUND TO COME BACK THEY TALK ABOUT THERE POLICY. FUCK THERE POLICY THERE A BULLSHIT COMPANY WITH BULL SHIT EMPLOYEES. PLAIN AD SIMPLE.

ADT Case # 85869763
I received a past due notice from ADT on my 7/1/2018 invoice. I contacted ADT (Mary-ADT Corp. Customer Service) to let them know that my Bank of America showed that the amount of $128.80 had been cashed on June 4/2018. They could not find my payment and on 7/11/2018 I contacted Laura at Bank of America with a 3-way conversation with Marquita at ADT. Marquita said that I needed to send her front and back copies of the payment check (which I did) and she said it would take 1 week to check. Marquita did not handle this with a good customer service attitude.

I then talked to Mary (#136068) and said she would send notice to Tech Research Dept (Judith Raznick) for research and in order to nudge the Billing Department and was to call me back on Wednesday 7/18/2018. I called Mary on 7/18/2018 and talked to Dustin (customer service). He said ADT had credited my check to another customer account. I told him of my experience with Marquita and he said she would be reported to her service advisor.

Dustin said that for all my trouble both with the invoice payment and Marquita ADT would lower my payments to $109 quarterly and would lock in that price. He also said he would send a tech on 7/23/2018 to make inspect our unit to make certain it is working as intended (which he did).

A neighbor asked what kind of contract we had with our security company. I told him I wasn't certain so I called ADT on March 12, 2019 just to find out that we have a 5-year contract and that it was added when my payments were lowered and was told I should have been sent a notification of this. I had not. The representative said that since I hadn’t received any paperwork on it they would send me a copy of “Your Contract Renewal Confirmation”. * COPY ATTACHED

As I have been with ADT since 2009, never received notification of the 5 year contract until this March (2019) I am asking ADT to eliminate the 5 year contract from my account. I have no plans to change from ADT.

Installer code used on system to access my alarm. Check installer code.

Senior Executives at reputable companies welcome customer feedback and use this information to:
1. Improve the quality of their products and services
2. Improve the underlying people, process and technology
3. Strengthen the partnership with the customer by becoming a trusted advisor
4. Make doing business with the vendor as easy as possible by establishing balanced and mutually beneficial terms and conditions
5. Demonstrate integrity and urgency by establishing and meeting firm dates for completing corrective actions and other customer deliverables.
ADT IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY. They are not interested in customer feedback and when received, it is not used to achieve any of the above listed service improvements. ADT's senior leadership including the CEO simply ignore direct communications from customer executives. Reputable companies retain customers by providing high quality products and services resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. ADT's customer retention relies upon the use of egregiously self-favoring, long term contracts that severely penalize early customer terminations. As an example, Limitation of liability is mentioned 34 times in a 10 page contract from ADT. Limitations only apply to them and are not mutual. ADT can terminate the agreement for any reason at any time. Spectrum's only way out of an ADT contract is to pay all associated payments due over its life.
As the Chief Information Officer at Spectrum Health Systems (Addiction treatment) I spent ~2 yrs. trying to get our local ADT account team to address chronic, severe and ultimately life-threatening service failures (See attachment for details). We outlined our service specs and educated ADT on fundamentals of service management with absolutely no improvement. What’s worse, our ADT account executive SHOWED UP DRUNK to a meeting at our inpatient rehab facility. Yes, drunk in front of clients struggling with substance abuse
The 2 years of ADT failures placed Spectrum’s patient/staff safety and regulatory compliance at unacceptably high levels of risk which triggered a formal, internal vendor performance audit. The audit’s primary recommendation was to replace ADT with a competitor. These results along with a request for release from remaining contracts were reviewed with ADT’s regional general manager on 9/20/18. The regional GM referred Spectrum’s contract to Nicole Green, Executive Customer Relations Manager, from ADT’s office of the CEO. Ms. Green promised an answer in 2 weeks, then cancelled our meeting without rescheduling or providing a status for 5 weeks. The local ADT team was also unable to get an update from Ms. Green. Thus, after 5 weeks of waiting, Spectrum emailed ADT’s CEO, Jim DeVries on 12/11/18.
18 days have passed and as of 12/21/18, Mr. DeVries’ office has provided no formal answer or acknowledgement of this message. We did finally receive a message from Ms. Green on 12/17 saying request is still under consideration and Spectrum would just have to wait. No mea culpa from ADT, no decision, no timetable for decision. Today is January 28, 2019. Six weeks have passed since Nicole Green's most recent communication and it has been 16 weeks since our original request for release. See attached vendor scorecard showing how ADT has failing grades are virtually every sub-criteria. It is important to note that ADT has not objected to any of the documentation Spectrum provided showing the specific examples where ADT failed.
Spectrum is a not for profit business with limited resources. We gave ADT 2 years to take corrective actions to address the various failures and to better stand behind their products and services. ADT elected to not take any corrective actions and two years later, the safety of our patients and staff remains in severe jeopardy. So does our ability to remain compliant with DEA security requirements. Spectrum has been a client for over 15 years and has spent well over $1 million dollars with ADT. We are on the front lines in the fight against the national Opioid epidemic and ADT has put our mission at risk. ADT could not care less.
Spectrum should be released from our existing ADT contracts and allowed to ensure we have adequate physical access control technology and services to ensure patient/staff safety and regulatory compliance.

Adt called me after i complained some guy named don rescedualed me again for feb 16 i told him to just cancel my contract he then put me on hold where i was able to hear him talk to the superviser with him unaware i could hear them he called me names and berated me then brought another supervisor on the line is this how you do buisness i will not be a customer anymore if you cannot correct the problem get your installer back here this week to finish the job i exspect a call back and this resolved now. Joe 469 648 9401

You guys called me at work i took the time to subscribe to your service and. Im still waiting for my installer this is the 3rd time you had to rescedual i just need my alarm installed why is this so hard pls call me 469 648 9401 joe

Yesterday I contacted customer service requesting termination of monitoring. A lady by the name of Ellie answered, very professional and wanting to
know the reason. I explained that I just received another rate increase and given the current availability of security options I thought it would be
better to decrease fees. She was able to wave the increase but turned me over to an Account manager, no
name provided. She offered me a
$29.99 deal and I questioned why at no time ever was this offered having been a customer for 5 years. She cut me off on several occasions and
said ADT could not call millions of customers for a better rate offer.
If ADT is interested in retaining a costumer base it would be advisable to hire people with verbal skills using honey instead of vinegar.

Emmett & Annemarie Dover

It would seem that ADT allows their franchise associates ADT advertised phone numbers to be used for other businesses...such as in my case a dept collection company... for several weeks now i have beed recieving early morning calls claiming that i owe a dept, they are harsh, aggressive and extremely rude...i am dept free...not sure what they are referring to...the lady this morning called me obscene names, threatened to call my friends and family and have me arrested, all because i requested proof of this dept in writing

I called to ask a bill that was charged in my account. It was for a partial alarm permit. I told Aaron that I already directly paid for the whole year from November 2017 to November 2018. I made my quarterly payment on Dec. 4, 2018 which include the whole year alarm permit. I thought I’m all done paying my alarm permit for 2019. I had verified that directly to the person who is in charge sending alarm permit bills to ADT and other alarm companies here in my hometown. So, I asked for a proof that ADT did made the payment in my behalf for 2017-2018. Aaron cannot provide me one. He insist I should get a refund from the Alarm Permit Dept if I already paid for it. He also didn’t bother listening to my issues instead started talking non sense. I ask him, are you pulling a s$&t from your arz and throwing it at me and expect me to take it? Another issue with him is he could not add the payment I’d made in his head and with the help of a calculator from his computer. I am more upset than ever because he failed to do his duty as a customer service representative.
My second issue is with the people who are creating bills to ADT customers. They assumed that my alarm permit period begins in July of each year. I had received numerous phone calls from ADT and had been asked for the permit number. This happen because ADT had charged me for an annual alarm permit in 2016 but failed to provide the police a permit number. I was called in while I’m far away from home to get it from me. Well, how can I have it? I didn’t pay directly to the alarm permit dept but to ADT. So that this issue will not happen again, I made a direct payment on my own in Nov 16, 2017 which is good thru 2018. In other words, between me and the alarm permit dept, this is my alarm permit period. The people who is making the bills are not doing their job properly. They can send me a bill through mail and can email when I have a question. In addition, they can call me. Either of these venues was used to verified if an alarm permit had already been paid by me. How did I provide a permit number when I got a call from ADT when our front door opened up and trigger the alarm?
They are paid employees and it seems to me they are slacking off. They just throw in some words or numbers hoping I will not say anything. These employees need to be dealt with. They either shape up or ship out!

I had adt install security cameras including a doorbell camera,the doorbell camera only worked for a few hours and then stoped working,called adt to have them come over and their time frame was too long,I asked them to accommodate me do to the fact that I was going to be escorted into court because of a custody battle and and we had threats against our life and they refused to have a technician come over on the time that I wanted them to.they did not seem to care and the manager said that everybody thinks their security is important,very bad experience with them ,I will not buy from them again and I did not recommend them,very bad attitude and custumer service

Outstanding payment recelution is pathetic just you must pay not looking at my acual complaint and relying on small print. Agent not helping refering me back nimble who the hel is that i have nothing to do with them. I deal with ADT as you guys want payment i dont del with them

An installer came out to install a security system. He installed the key pad on a wood wall. After installing he told me my price would almost dubbel. I told him I was insured the price was 27.99 dollars. He told me because I did not have a land line. I had asked that question to the person who set up the appointment and was told if I had internet it was no problem. To make a long story short. I asked him to remove the unit from my house and have my wall fixed. He called his manager the manager said we don't fix walls. I then told him to leave the back plate till my wall was fixed. Then he called his manager and the manager called the police. The police came and talked to the manager on the phone and the manager said that I have to get two estimates and they would pay to have my wall fixed. The officer came into my home and told me what the manager had said. Then the installer came in and the officer told him to call his manager so he could tell me about getting estimates & having my wall fixed. The installer had the regional. Manager on the phone who said he would not pay to fix the wall & would sue me and I would incur major legal expenses. The officer was floored by what he heard and told the installer he can do nothing he could do. So I still have the base of the key pad on my wall and would like to have it removed and my wall fixed. It sure feels like a bate and switch to me. I'm 65 yo and a disabled vet. I. Have a phone call into a new's woman who deals with this kind of problem in and around the Chicago land area. I just want my wall fixed and then you will get the base of the key pad back. Please call me. Robert D Baumgardner in Orland Park IL

The worst experience every in trying to add additional service to our current service. We have been a lone term customer app 8 years and simply wanted to add 2 cameras onto our current system. it has taken over 2 weeks to complete and still not done. 3 techs sent out to accomplish this I have spoken to 3 to 4 supervisors over this time. I have found nearly everyone unprofessional, inept and completely unable to take care of a simple customer upgrade. I have spent immeasurable amount of time to attempt to do business with ADT. IT must be an internal test of customers. Going forward I will tell everyone and anyone about my experience and alert them about the all around poor service that we have received.

I AM HIGHLY UPSET WITH THE TYPE OF SERVICE ONE GETS FROM ADT. THEY ARE VERY QUICK TO TAKE THE DEBIT ORDER OR TO CHARGE FOR EXTRA CALL OUTS BUT WHEN THEY HAVE TO DELIVER THEIR SERVICE IT IS LACKING. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I AM COMPLAINING WITH THE SERVICE AND NOTHING GETS DONE ABOUT IT. MY ALARM WENT OFF YESTERDAY AT 15H32 THE CALL CENTRE ONLY PHONED AT 15H40. WHEN I SPOKE TO THE GUY ABOUT IT HE SAID IT WAS HIS FAULT!!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE I COULD HAVE BEEN ATTACKED OR KILLED IN THAT PERIOD AND ALL THEY CAN SAY IS SORRY . THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO BE DONE REGARDING THIS

Customer # 402205181

When we had our original system installed in 2013, the installer put blue tape over the circuit breakers that control the smoke detectors in order to bypass them. We had no idea the installer did this. Since we trusted that the smoke detectors were working, we disabled the detectors that came with the house. We had another installer come in 2017 to re-activate the security system, and he didn't fix the smoke detectors as well. So needless to say, we were infuriated when we found out and that we have not had any protection from fires for the past 5 years. The installers could care less, and we have been vulnerable the whole time.

I demand that my contract be null and void with no penalties immediately. If not, I will hire an attorney. ADT is very lucky I didn't hire an attorney first.

Lori Bennett
4124 S Sweetgum Ave
Broken Arrow, OK 74011
Tel: 918-934-8345

Alarm will not go off. I am 70 years old. Do not currently have service but cannot stay in my home because of the noise. Will have to pay electrician $100 on Monday to disconnect system and $100 per night to stay in a hotel until then. This because of your lousy design of the your system.

I am complaining about having to cancel my ADT security contract and being ignored about it. I have sent emails to customer service and it has been ignored for about 4 months. I have to call and ask about it myself. I am just being told same thing all over and not being listened to when i say that i actually have a right to cancel my contract as per terms and conditions. I need someone to look over my emails and cancel my contract as I have been trying to do it since may 2016.

I needed clarity on how I was billed for August 2016, I held the line for more than an hour, being sent from one line to another, everyone kept transferring me to another department without any assistance. My debit order was much bigger than I expected hence I needed the details of the bill, I couldn't get assistance from ADT. Am so disgusted by their horrible service, I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Out of the country traveling right now so cannot call their support line. Keep getting cut off.

I have been a customer of ADT for the last eight years in Texas. During that time I moved twice, both into homes that had no alarm systems at all. On both occasions I paid for ADT to install alarm system, carbon monoxide detectors, fire alarm, window break sensors and movement sensors. The first house, I was only there for a year but was told I could move my service to my new address without any penalty as I had been there over a year. There was no alarm system at new property so I had all full alarm system as above installed by ADT again. After 1 year, 8 months, I unfortunately had to leave USA to go back to my homeland of UK, as my visa status ran out and I couldn't extend it at that stage without returning to UK for a period.

I rang ADT yesterday to inform them that I had sold my house and wanted to end my service. I was informed that they needed 30 days notice, which in itself is ridiculous, but was then informed that the "contract" I had was for 3 years and as I was ending it early had to pay them $400. This is totally ridiculous and very bad business practice as I have been a loyal customer for 8 years. I wasn't aware that their contract was for 3 years, and wasn't told about any penalty, as my last contract was only for a year, as I knew I would be moving. Coupled with the fact that I am having to move and sell up to go back to UK, through no fault of my own. I was intending to use ADT to install alarms in my current two properties in the UK, but now would not use them again.

They are money grabbing cowboys. I would like advice as to how to fight this ridiculous charge?

October 2015, I had the ADT Security System installed in my home. I was told I would received a $100.00 Visa credit card in six weeks as a rebate. It is now July 2016 and no rebate. Have been in touch with Ashley Morris many times as well as others in the main office. Always I was assured I would receive the card, that they have a backlog, BUT, I would receive it. The last promise was many months ago. I have since sent more emails to Ashley Morris at ADT Alarm systems. No response. I stated I would report to BBB (Better Business Bureau) unless I received some information in reference to this situation. As of this date, I have been ignored. Every evening at the end of our local news program, ADT's commercial interview runs with someone about the $100.00 gift card. This is false advertising. I would like very much to have them live up to their word.

Right now I have no home phone for my ADT security. This is day #2. I stated the problem I was having numerous times to various people including last night a supervisor. I was very clear in explaining but no one LISTENS and therefore the technicians who come are NOT qualified to fix what is wrong. Day#1 technician who came said he didn't know what to do. He spoke to a dispatcher and arranged for a higher tech to come the next day. When #2 arrived I specifically stated the problem to him and asked before he touches anything does he know what to do. THREE hours later all the phone boxes in my house plus the alarm system are taken apart with wires sticking out.

Tech #3 said he never saw anything like it and didn't do anything because he doesn't know. Tomorrow, Sunday Tech #4 is coming. How much of our lives should we waste on Comcast service? The original problem was to connect the phone line to the ADT security monitoring system which we have had for forty years . A month ago we put in a new modem and had the same run around that we are having now. We had that problem solved when two qualified people finally showed up but apparently forgot to attach the alarm wire. Fix this before I go to a lawyer!.

P.S. We are elderly and need our home phone.

Clearly ADT is the home security leader, there is no question about it. But I wonder sometimes if their customer service is up to par? They have grown really quickly to be a nationwide corporation. If anyone has any complaints about ADT, it would great to hear them.

I lost my icon because I updated my ADT password as suggested. I would like some support and a response to my complaint but nothing so far. I have been on you website for 2 days trying to navigate it. Called head office, customer hotline, emailed support, and listened to the message as you prefer to do everything online. And I still can't get a ticket that you are suggesting for a call back. Very frustrated and I have been an ADT customer for 5 years and this makes me want to tell everyone I know about this horrible experience.

ADT Security systems have given me the right security services that my family needs. They have ample Home Surveillance options that we can opt for based on our needs. I stayed a little away from the city and it was extremely important for me to keep a check on the security of my family. I chose ADT as they were extremely professional in their services and didn't compromise at all on what they promise. Incase of breach ADT also pays up to $500 which no other company has to offer. I highly recommend ADT to anyone who is looking for security services either for their home or office needs.

Have feedback for ADT?