Help! — My Snapchat Snapstreak Disappeared Randomly

My snapchat streak disappeared with my friend when we were on 380 days. At first I thought it was poor signal, but I am on the AT&T wireless network and had perfect signal or was on wifi the entire time. We 100% snapchatted that day and around 5 hours later the streak was gone.

This is unacceptable as our streak should still be there and that is over a year of commitment to the streak. So, I did some searching on Google and finally found a page on Snapchat's website dedicated to problems with Snapstreaks.

Even though that was no help, I will tell you below how I fixed the problem.

1. Go to Snapchat support
  2. Fill out the support form
  3. Answer all of their questions
  4. Click "yes" that you are still having this problem
  5. Wait for a response...

The support pages on Snapchat's website are useless!

Unlike real social media apps like Facebook, hey assume that it was a user error instead of helping you solve the problem. Me and my friend have snapchatted for almost a year straight, and I would be the first to know if we missed even a single day. Up until now, I have been unable to find anyone at Snapchat to support this and my messages to their Twitter page has been ignored.

The trick is to answer all the questions on their support page, and then click "Yes" I'm still having a problem.

This will allow you to access the Snapchat online support form. The employee who emailed me back said they will look into it. But I am worried that if I keep bothering them they will ban me. Before this, snapchat has locked me out for spam. And I don't appreciate it. There are a lot of social media options out there, so Snapchat needs to be careful before they get let behind.

Ultimately, it's annoying and this is starting to become a pattern having problems with the app as it grows. Now the company is Snap Inc. which is even more confusing. Streaks are one of the most compelling features in Snapchat. So, it stands to reason that if people are losing streaks randomly it will not be a good thing long term for the app.

If our streak does not return I will keep complaining and I have heard people will possibly sue.

310-399-3339
63 Market St Venice, California 90291

Comment:

Me and my friend had a streak over 210 and it just disappeared I'm really mad about it because we snapped every single day. I recently lost a crazy 200+ day snap streak with my best friend, I am very upset as we snapped within the 24 hours, it will now take us 200 more days before we get to this point again, snapchat I am very disappointed with this. I would like for Snapchat to put our days back as they should not have went in the first place. I am a regular user of snapchat and I would hate to let this upset me enough to stop using it and tell my friends this too. Please look into this and get it sorted.

Comment:

Did u ever get your 200+ streak back with your bestfriend because it happen to me too

Comment:

I lost my streak with someone even though I was snapchatting them through the day and they snapchatted me back? Well I had a score with my friend and we had our days and kept them up to date every day and suddenly it happened. I came on today after sending days and saw we lost them please tell me why this is.

Comment:

So I have had multiple steaks with people recently. And this has 4 times already. Everyday me and my "best friend" snap each other.  And for some reason, we had lost our streak. Some streaks lasted more than a 100 days then gone. It makes no sense because we always keep the streak alive. Can you fix the problem?

Comment:

I know this is a somewhat stupid complaint but my friend and I have been keeping a streak for 99 days and we snap chatted back and forth yesterday bury you guys somehow stopped acknowledging the streak and ended it. Is there anyway you could bring it back? I'm 100% sure we both snap chatted yesterday so it was a little annoying to see that happen. Again stupid I know, but f you could somehow fix it that would be appreciated thanks.

And it's not just me. My girlfriend and I started a snap streak when we started dating, 4 and a half months into dating and talking on snapchat it disappeared at around 136 days. We talked everyday and this morning I woke up to us not having our streak and I'm really upset.

Comment:

My friend and I had a 70 something day streak. On this day we both sent our picture as per usual. We both opened it too. The next day our streak was gone even though we followed the rules for a streak exactly. I even looked back on our chat to make sure and it said that we both received and opened the snap. I regret not screen shotting it as it soon disappeared. If there is anyway snap chat can reset our streak (it means a lot to us), then I would give them a five star rating.

Comment:

I use snapchat daily and love it! But it disappoints me to think I can make such silly mistakes. I have now lost 2 snapstreaks on snapchat over 100. However we had messaged each other that day on snap and we are always making sure we keep our snapstreak. It was bitterly disappointing loosing a 260 day streak. Especially with your best friend. I find this mistake of snapchat annoying. I hope snapchat will provide me back with both my snapstreaks.

Comment:

My snapchat locked me out of my account, without a reason. I had verified my email and I was a daily user of snapchat. So I've lost my 300 day streak. I don't know why I lost my "Snapstreak" with my friend. I am aware both people are to send a picture to one another each day otherwise the snapstreak goes. However, me and my friend did this but the streak disappeared. I am not happy.

Comment:

Alright. I am very disappointed with how snapchat is organizing my best friends. I'll be honest, I am thoroughly aggravated with it. This is the 2nd time my best friend has been switched out with someone who I don't even snapchat very much.

My girlfriend (with whom I have a 129 snapstreak) and I used to have the pink heart, signifying we had been best friends for 2 months. Suddenly, I lost that and my best friend was someone (who I had a 90-ish day streak with but-) I didn't snapchat very much. It took hours to get my girlfriend back as my best friend compared to someone I barely snapchat.

Then this morning, I wake up to her not being my best friend again. I didn't even snapchat the person yesterday besides one thing to keep our streak alive, and yet they still became my best friend. For a brief comparison: on average, I'd say I send at least 75 snaps a day to my girlfriend.

To the other person, I send 3-5. I am very disappointed with snapchat, and I am considering deleting it altogether as it cannot even perform simple math to prove that 3 is less than 75. You can expect to hear more complaints in the future if this is not acknowledged.

Comment:

I had a 200+ day streak going on snapchat and now it's gone. It was completely random and there was no warning. It's bugs like this that make me want to run (not walk) back to Facebook and Instagram. At least my data would be safe there.

Comment:

I would like to share my problem. I'm plain about how I lost. It's of my snapchat streaks worn two of my snapchat friends. I was at 20 with one friend and 22 with the other. I would very much like to get them back to where they were. Also I would like to add that snapchat keeps glitching and exiting the app. Thank you for reading my complaint.

Comment:

So my one friend and I had a 93 day streak yesterday and we had snap chatted each other around 9 last night and there was no "hour glass" indicating that our streak was in danger. I woke up this morning around 9 o'clock. My friend Emily had already snap chatted me. Our streak was gone for no reason!! There was no reason that this streak should have been lost. We were at 93 days and this problem never had occurred before.

Comment:

My snapchat streak disappeared and I love snapchat I use it all the time but this isn't the first time my snapchat streaks disappeared it's happened multiple times. I have no clue what happened but my cousin and I we were on a 165 streak and it disappeared. We are both really mad and we snapchat back and forth all the time.

Comment:

I have been a satisfied snap user for years now and I use it on a daily basis throughout the day. I love the filters and the best friends and the snap streaks. However, that brings me to my problem. A few days ago, I was less than 20 days away from having a 1 year long snap streak with someone. I woke up in the morning to send some of my morning snaps and the 340+ day snap streak was gone for no reason!

Like I said I snap everyday and this person specifically everyday because a year long streak is a commitment. We had snapped the afternoon and evening before and when I woke up it was gone and I am very upset about this. I very much like the feature that AJ hour glass appears when a streak is about to run out, but this never even happened for the streak that I lost. I invested a year and now it's gone for no reason and I am very upset about it and hope you can do something about it.

Comment:

I'm absolutely furious with the fact I have lost my 135 day snapstreak even though we speak every minute of the day (not on chat) so there is no reason to loose it and I want it back!

Comment:

my boyfriend and i had a 100+ snapstreak and i snapchatted him and he snapchatted me so i'm very sure that we couldn't have lost it because of that. when i went back on this morning to keep my streaks it was gone. i want my snapstreak back

Comment:

Today I have lost a streak of 240+ days with someone close to me and it's sounds stupid to complaint. It really doesn't make any since because both my friend and I had snapchat everyday and now our streak is gone. Makes me aggrivated and wish I could get it back.

Comment:

I can't believe this. I woke up this morning ready to snap my best friend for our streak of 319 and to my shocking belief it was gone...I couldn't comprehend this because the streak meant so much and I've heard all the stories about this happening before, I just never thought it'd happen to me. I'm very disappointted snapchat. This is the worst glitch you guys have that frequently occurs and it is very frustrating. Please fix this.

Comment:

OK, so I love snapchat in general but the most recent update is a huge issue in my opinion, hence the 2 stars. My issue is with having to tap on either side of the screen to go back and forth as opposed to swiping. Why is this a huge issue you may ask? Because I am left handed. My thumbs are not big enough to naturally reside over the middle of the screen, so when I go to tap to the next snapchat, I go backwards.

You can imagine it's very frustrating. I don't see why the update was needed seeing as swiping is not a hard task for either right or left handers. Yes, we may only make up 12% of the population, but we already have to deal with fighting over the only lefty desk in the classroom, so just give us this one.

I know I could have said all of this in one sentence, but I saw the "100 words minimum" and decided this needed more attention than working on my presentation for tomorrow. Also, I'm just pissed about everything and people are tired of hearing me complain about Trump so I needed a new outlet. Thanks, Snapchat.

Comment:

I have been blocked on snapchat without any warning what so ever! I am unable to get in touch with a few people who are very important to me, this is a terrible service. Can someone please get back to me on how to fix this issue? My snapchat name is been the same forever.

Comment:

Firstly, its been 2 days now, since the photo taking screen worked on my snap chat. I have updated, reinstalled, logged in and out. Still it will not work. So to maintain my 294 day streak, my partner and i spoke all day via the side chat option on snap chat. Today i have woken to find my streak gone? Even tho we still snapped each other all day? I want my streak reinstated! Im beyond mad and if my streak isn't reinstated, snap chat will have one less customer! I will delete the faulty app completely and leave bad reviews at every opportunity. I am so angry! We continued to snap even when we were fighting or not talking to each other, to maintain our streak then suddenly its taken away!? Not happy! Sincerely, one super mad user.

Comment:

I had a snapchat streak with one of my best friends, we had an 82 day streak that suddenly disappeared, it didn't even show the hourglass sign, this is not acceptable and I would like it back if it's possible. Thanks and have a great day. I'm disappointed that snapchat somehow lost my streak with someone. There wasn't a 24 hour wait what so ever and it didn't give a signal that if I don't reply quickly it will disappear.

This app has given me a good amount of fun but recently Ive been disappointed. And now I'm very angry that I lost my 197 day streak when I shouldn't have. If someone can help get that back it would be amazing. My friend and I had a high snap chat streak and we snapped each other yesterday and by this morning it was gone! Like I find this so frustrating as there is no reason for the streak to have disappeared.

Comment:

I have a snap chat streak with my best friend. I don't use the snap all the time. My friend go to it finally and we snap a lot. We snap once every morning ASAP and numerous times during the day. Our streak has gone to 62 last i checked Please let me know how you can help me restore it. I had with one friend a snapchat streak (more then 130 days) and we snapped yesterday for sure and now some hours later our snap streak is gone.

I'm 100% sure that it was less then 24 hours between the Snaps.I lost 5 of my streaks on snap chat that were all somewhat high (not very high but certainly not low). I am almost sure that I sent out a picture to all my streaks last night and I my streaks gone at 4 pm the next day. If you can recover them or do anything to help that would be great.

Comment:

I like this app a lot and use it everyday. But I've been having the ongoing problem of my snapstreak disappearing even when we have bother sent multiple snapchat throughout the day. Is there anything you can do to return my snapstreak or fix this problem? I am very furious with the action that has taken place within my Snapchat I send streaks a number of times everyday as I did yesterday around 11 o'clock. When I woke up from my lovely sleep I see that some of my streaks have disappeared a lot of time and patience has gone into those streaks so I would appreciate if they were restored thank you very much.