How to Report a Twitter Account and Get It Deleted (with Pictures)

Step 1: Find a Tweet from Twitter User [IMAGE EXAMPLE]
This step is important because finding an example of a Tweet that violates Twitter's user agreements is the fastest way to report an account and get it deleted. Otherwise there is no example for Twitter to find, and no reason to delete the account.

Step 2: Select "Block" from the Action Menu [IMAGE EXAMPLE]
This step should only happen after you find the account you want to block along with a tweet example. Make sure you "Block" the user in the action drop down menu. Instead of reporting the tweet first, you want to get it out of your Twitter feed so it is not annoying you anymore.

Blocking the user also creates another report to Twitter that the user is low quality. In general the more Twitter users that have blocked an account the more spam it is creating.

Step 3: Confirm the Block [IMAGE EXAMPLE]
You will want to make sure that you confirm the blocked account on the next pop up window. Twitter uses confirmation windows often to make sure that you did not accidentally click Block or Report. It's worth noting that not all actions on Twitter require confirmations. You can unfollow and follow accounts easily without having to confirm them.

Step 4: Navigate to "Blocked Accounts in Account Settings" [IMAGE EXAMPLE]
Once the block is in place your newsfeed is now clean and the final step to getting an account deleted can begin. Navigate to your account settings page using the drop down menu in the upper right corner of your screen on desktop or using the account settings on mobile. You will see a list of your blocked accounts here.

Step 5: Report the Twitter Account [IMAGE EXAMPLE]
Find the account you wish to report and click the "Report" action. You will then be asked to provide a reason for reporting this account. The options for reporting an account include:

• I'm not interested in this account
  • They are posting spam
  • Their account may be hacked
  • They're being abusive or harmful

Select the reason that's most applicable. You may be asked to provide more information depending on which option you select. But most importantly make sure to confirm the selection by clicking the "Next" option until you officially report the user.

This process is the fastest way to start the process of deleting an account.

Because Twitter's support is automated, it's best if multiple people have already reported an account. But I have seen action take place with only one or two reports. If you have another problem with your Twitter account and need to contact customer service, there are other helpful links below.

You can easily use Twitter support to report:

These are not all of the reasons you might want to report a Twitter account for deletion. But hopefully it provides a good starting place no matter what reason you have for reporting a Twitter user.

415-222-9670
1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103

Comment:

Everytime I log into Twitter it is asking me to verify my account everytime. It is annoying. Why is this happening? I have tweeted three times. No response. Terrible customer service Twitter. I'm seriously thinking of deleting. Is someone trying to delete my account?

Comment:

Thanks for sharing the link for Twitter users in India, it is most helpful. Now, to whosoever it may concern at support desk. I am using my account for many years now and have not indulged in any activity which can even remotely be called inappropriate. However Twitter has been causing lot of inconvenience in using my account for lack of it's software planning and upkeep by frequently locking my account.

For the last 3 days now my twitter account stands locked causing considerable mental distress to me and is nothing but harassment for which the responsibility lies on the doors of twitter. I have written several times in appeal to unlock my account but apart from an automated response there has been no action of unlocking the same. Twitter has no business to harass any of it's customers/users on whimsical and arbitrary considerations. Anticipating an early response to my grievance.

Comment:

I logged into my twitter account some time ago. It said at the top that my account was suspended.  I went into the section suspended accounts and asked why I was suspended.  I haven't heard a word as to the reason.  It is funny because at the time I had only been on twitter a couple of times.  So as to rectify this unfortunate suspension, please let me know what I did wrong. For two week I haven't been able to watch a video on the Twitter app on my phone. I've deleted the app twice and re downloaded it and it still won't work. It works on my iPad.

Comment:

I want to opt out of Twitter forever for my own personnel reasons. I tried doing it myself. I just couldn't do it. So I decided to call the toll free number for Twitter HQ in San Francisco. The lady whose name I never got was very rude. She told me it would cost me 49 dollars to deactivate. I wanted to do it my self and not be charged. She said you want something for nothing?

I asked for a supervisor. She refused at first and continued to argue how I will not get something for nothing and why don't I want to pay? I said please just transfer me to supervisor. She finally did. I explained to him. He said stop wasting our time if you don't want to pay. He was worse than her. I just wanted them to help me go through steps to deactivate.

I told them don't do anything. I will not pay them and I will go back to my Twitter account and figure it out myself. I did it myself finally. I never in my life dealt with such rude people.  The both of them should not deal with people on a daily basis. Very upsetting experience.

Someone made a fake twitter account using my daughters picture and the page is protected.  My daughter said that her school reported this to twitter, however from the looks, the page is still up and being used.  My daughter was approached over the weekend by a total stranger and now I am very worried that my daughters safety is now an issue.  I am asking you to please have this page removed.

Please feel free to contact me at any time. Twitter suspended another account without any notifications, but not the one we need to get deleted faster. I try to contact Twitter but there is no response from their side. Got Twitter's request to use my address book for invitations but nothing else. I have a lot of sensitive information in address book including enemies. It was their persuasive words that caused me to absentmindedly click the acceptance button. Had to close my Twitter account thereafter.

Twitter customer support is so slow. I would now like to delete my twitter account. Please help me to deactivate my account!

Comment:

I'm in the UK and somebody hacked my account, took it over and Twitter blocked it. It seems that the perpetrator deleted my latest contact info and I can't get info to change my password because the old email address doesn't exist now. Twitter just keep sending the same info back and not bothering to read my emails about the issue. |It seems that it maybe an automated reply.  I have sent screen dumps of Twitter's previous emails to me, proving that I own the account. But they just close down the case without replying.

Why should:

A. Someone get away with stealing my account?
B. Twitter not do anything to restore it?

I'm furious and would welcome some advice on getting them to respond in a polite and professional manner.

Comment:

My account has been locked numerous time this week, and it shows that my following count is at zero. This is hurting my business. My company is an eCommerce based business and we heavily rely on social media. Twitter support has not been helpful at all. And I'm getting fed up with it. Twitter is just the most horrible thing ever, I actually want to sue Twitter.

This is the person who posted the mean and bullying comment about my daughter using my daughters full name, and I sent over 20 request to have it removed. Guess what Twitter did for me? They blocked me from seeing the tweet but the whole world can still see it. I also requested they suspend the person's account who posted it. Twitter did nothing, the post has been up for 2 days now.

Comment:

I really hate the fact that twitter doesn't allow you to have access to your account when you don't have your email access anymore. I created my profile while in varsity and used the schools email, while still there they changed the domain of the email address, meaning I can never ever have access to those emails. I tried to write to twitter, saying I can even verify I am the account holder, but they go on saying they want to protect accounts.

What about people that are in the situation as myself? It is really not nice. I pray they will change their policy which is making life very difficult. For people like myself there should be verification steps like other decent networks like Facebook which understand people loose access to emails.

The mentions, replies and retweets I make are not visible for the people I mention/retweet on their list of replies and mentions. It is however visible for them on my timeline, but people have to go there actively, which of course is not how it should be. I use the proper names (e.g. @John) and both the people that follow me back and those don't follow me back don't get this info on their mention list or replies under their tweets.

I was told by a friend about the situation and for sure did not block me. I checked myself with a different account and that was the same situation and I obviously didn't block my own account. How is this possible? Is it a bug of some kind? I don't believe my account has been blocked from Twitter, as I didn't violate the rules and regulations and there is no sign that I have been blocked. Everything else works fine, but people don't get to read what I say, which of course is the whole point of Twitter.