Netflix Customer Service Department is Afraid of Hackers

I caught Netflix customer service on the phone in a bold faced lie trying to scare me into thinking hackers would take over my computer. And chances are they are doing this to plenty of other customers as well. Here is what happened.

Had my Netflix free trial, that was great, when payment time came up they failed to process my payment despite funds being available. All information was properly entered. So I called their service department who instead of fixing the problem attempted to sell me a $300 error restore service (thanks but it can do that itself endlessly reinstalling windows is pretty easy) and went as far as to tell me that without this service I would not be able to use Netflix at all and this cant be fixed otherwise and its going to cost thousands of dollars for hacker protection. Which was all a flat out lie.

I have 4 different brands of security software installed on my computers just to keep things interesting and not one of them is going to be easily accessible to hackers. This particular computer is less than a month old and it functions like a dream and is in no need of service which he adamantly proclaimed he would do for me failing to mention the $300 price tag. After I called the Netflix employee out on the phone and had him out 10 minutes in (these slimeballs are sneaky) I asked to be transferred to billing where someone could let me know why the payment couldn't be processed, and help me resolve the actual issue. He told me it was not going to be possible... so I went on to my paypal account and added another method of payment and logged in without any issues.

For whatever reason the prepaid visa I had attached to my paypal account was causing an error on processing which was easily solved, in two minutes, free of charge, and without the help of the outsourced scam artists that Netflix calls their support center.

This is absolutely despicable business practice by Netflix and something should be done immediately. I was lied to repeatedly and treated poorly and given no actual service for a simple issue. Hey Netflix do you think anyone ever has these sorts of nightmares when they call apple or Microsoft? McDonalds or Starbucks? How about Amazon, or AVG. Even Bell has better customer service than you and they are notoriously bad. At least after my 3 hour wait and 4 transfers with bell they manage to get something resolved.

Truthfully all said and done the service is still worth my $12 a month for a little actual HD programming. And the streaming has been incredibly reliable...but its still not enough to push it up even a single good review for me after my experience today. If I have another issue to this effect I will most definitely be permanently cancelling my service and I expect to receive just as much trouble doing that as I had today.

1 (866) 579-7172
Netflix Headquarters 100 Winchester Cir. Los Gatos, CA 95032

Comment:

Double billing on two different ATM cards for two different banks. Tried to resolve the issue with the tech support from India Yesterday. They claim my network was hacked. Maybe you system was hacked though. The billing that was removed from your system apparently wasn't. Maybe you to teach your off shore tech support people a lesson in manners 101 too. Not to hang up on customers for starters, but really stop being so afraid of hackers. Maybe your billing system is broken?

Comment:

I am not a member of Netflix; my computer was hacked and apparently someone signed up with Netflix with my information. This month they billed my bank account twice for something that I don't even have and this has been happening for more than 5 months. I have called to resolve and originally told several times that I would receive no more charges and they would close account and refund me so this month I was billed twice for something I never had to start with.

I phoned just now to speak to a representative and because I don't know what the bank card number was that they used to open this account with they are unable to help me. Unbelievable totally. They told me to contact my bank find out the card number and call them back so they can deactivate. Just like all of you I lead an extremely busy life so now you have to prove what someone stole from you in order to stop from being billed - I don't get it.

Comment:

Netflix works fine during the day. At night internet traffic is to high in Australia. This has happened only after Netflix moved to Australia. I know Netflix has said that allowing us to dump offline will make the process difficult for customers and confuse people. Netflix has become close to unusable at night times around 3/7days of the week. This is not a Netflix issue - it is the ISP struggling to keep up with demand. The quick solution is to allow for offline dumping of TV series into a playlist during the day. The ability to dump offline will see me continue the subscription.

Comment:

Everyone is tired of the two star second rate movies offered unless you do streaming! You have a famous actor like Meryl Streep! And you have the same movies and they never change. You would think when it is apparent that she is the top female actress of all to e that people want to see her movies and you never up date and if you do you bring two star ones. Please put more movies on for choices and change or add new o es more often.

Can't you tell by the unbelievable amount of complaints this company gets they would wan to fix  the problems, not flixs them! Your customers have made you they can break you and be afraid as new technologies come forward you will be come like Blockbusters. See where they are at. Do better movies add more choices per actor specially ones that are so popular! I will not be ordering ever again if things do not change! I hope for all of us you care.

Comment:

I signed up to Netflix to see what all the fuss was about I signed up with it claiming free 30 day trial and now I've been charged for the month? I went to buy my daughter some food I couldn't pay for it as I had no money in my account. I argued with the shop assistant about not being able to feed my daughter. Next thing I know it was the payment for Netflix that came out I'm very annoyed by this I couldn't even give my daughter food until I got home which is about 2 hour drive to my house from where I was she's 3 years old. It broke my heart not being able to buy her food.

Comment:

I cant watch anything it says I need to finish details. I cant cancel my account I went into the bank and put £10 into my bank I was declined on ebay checked my account and found my account had been cleared by Netflix. Called customer service and they said I must have been hacked. I am annoyed and disappointed Netflix has even taken the penny's. I have checked with the bank £10.32 has been taken out by Netflix. If I had to rate them I would only give 1 star because I couldn't give 0.

Comment:

I went to Mexico for 3 months, before leaving I called Netflix to have service while I was there and told Netflix my situation they said it would work as long as I had internet service, when I arrived the first week I tried to use Netflix and I was told that it was illegal.  I called Netflix, told them what was happening and to please cancel my account.  The next month I received a charge from Netflix on my bank card, I called and told them to credit me back and cancel my account.

I also asked why this wasn't already done, they said as soon as I canceled the Netflix I immediately reactivated my account, I did not do this.  The same exact situation happened for the next 5 months, after I was back in the USA for 2 months this continued and I had to cancel my card in order for Netflix to stop charging me.  They refused to refund me and saw I never once used their service.  The Reps always wanted my card to look at my information and got rude when I wouldn't.

Comment:

I have paid for your services for over 2 years and have been extremely happy until now. I think that it is ridiculous that you cater to streaming videos but limit dvd's. I wanted to watch the Making a Murderer netfix series but I am unable because I do not subscribe to streaming, I just pay for Dvd's. The point is, is I pay for your services and should not be limited because I have one of your services and not the other. I sincerely hope you guys revisit your decision to only allow some videos to be streamed.

Comment:

Have been a loyal customer for many years! Had issue with DVD - wrong format. Called - was told my DVD player was probably too old. Would send a replacement but might have same problem. Was also told would send the next DVD in our queue. Ask for a free month. Told can't do that. Ask to speak to manager. Was told that the format problem was damaged DVD NOT old DVD player! Was told would receive replacement & next DVD in queue. I ask for a free month - said all NEW customers get free month but loyal customers get squat! Was told "we can't do that"! I am tired of the loyal consumers getting screwed!

Also, as of right now, my queue is only showing the damaged DVD being replaced - nothing about the next one in the queue! Why treat your potential customers better than your customers of many years! Feed up with Netflix!! Looking for something better. Watching my favorite show and the main character, well she died. I think. I don't know it's paused and if anything happened to her I'm deleting Netflix because my programs keep freezing.

Comment:

I thoroughly enjoy watching Netflix at night however I have recently started watching The Walking Dead which is unfortunately unavailable for me in the UK. However it has came to my attention that this series streams over in the US. I have also been informed that Netflix US has many films which are unavailable for the UK, I'm just wondering why is this the case and why all films aren't available everywhere. I have also noticed that I have been watching a film/series and came back to watch it a few days later and it's gone without any warning which I think is ridiculous as I was watching a series the other week and had one episode left as was looking forward to the conclusion and I went to play it and it was gone.

Comment:

Dear netflix company I am very upset. I have watched all the shows on netflix. So now I ask you kindly please put on new shows and movies on like. Wizards of wavley place, hanna Montana, pair of kings, doctor who, and add on more seasons like law and order and more I hope you take up my suggestions and I get a straight answer from the boss of netflix industries but if I don't get an emails back i'll make sure your company gets sued for it's worth. Why has guardians of the galaxy been removed from netflix? I subscribed to netflix so i could watch a movie/show that i liked again. Was wondering if any other movies / shows will be removed as i may cancel my subscription if this is the case?

Comment:

Hi Christine. I had some trouble communicating my complaint, so I'll send it this way. I have been denied access to YouTube on my TV after years of unrestricted use. I would like to know why. I am a Netflix subscriber. It seems that someone at YouTube has been eavesdropping on what I watch and figured that because of my frequent use of the app, I was an easy victim for a cash grab, because when I began phoning around for a resolution to the problem, I got some guy on the phone who just happened to have the remedies for my trouble, but of course for a fee or techie contract. Aren't we consumers all stupid and maneuverable?

Or is this guy just naive? Is this compatible with CRTC regulations? My bloggers will be very interested to know the response. Is there some way to consult the phone log and trace the call to identify this guy? Is there some information you could relay to me that would help? Failing this attempt by me for help, I will consult the CRTC for further info and options and also propose to my bloggers that alternative apps be sought if such exist. Can you kindly help out with some info and tips on how to resolve this?