Luftansa Airlines Customer Service Pokes Fun at Jordanian Traveler

I just wanted to share a story that just came in from a Jordanian travel about Luftansa airlines.

His story is below, although his name has been removed for security reasons.

I had a connection flight to London Heathrow. The flight No. LH 0916 date 02 MAR. On the Gate B25 the gentlemen who was checking our Boarding passes made fun of my country name. My country name is The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. What he said  (The Hashemite Kingdom of Saudi Arabia...) I told him " This is not funny, you are not allowed to make fun of passengers countries ". I live in London as a permanent Resident and I'm a CEO of a Group of Advisory companies, and whatever the passport or nationality he has no right to make fun of passengers.

When I told him this he tried to intimidate me by saying "Please stand aside. I need to check your passport with the home office to see if you are the same guy"... then he went back to a lady standing behind him and showed her the passport and came back to me asking me to do the following after he gave me a small paper " sign and write your date of Birth here ". When I did he told me now you can go. I promised my baby boy to put him in bed that day or I will not take that flight and I will demand to have someone senior to talk to him.

I paid Lufthansa the price of my ticket, it was not a gift. I demand a respect, and I know what is the level of that gentlemen in terms of seniority, and I know it is not his Job to stop people and treating them by the German Home office check. Personally, it will be my last time to use your airline and I will make sure that no one of my group will use your airline any more, and if this is the way you treat your customer. Goodbye!

Comment:

Luftansa flight was notified that it was ON TIME. We were never notified of any delays which would have allowed us to change our flights to go through Chicago or other areas to avoid the storm. We sat on a tarmac 3 1/2 hrs with the option to terminate our tickets and seek other transportation on my dime.  Buy another ticket to get in to any airport within my area to avoid the storm. When we arrived, others on our flight were given direction to their next flight with seat assignments we were told go to A10 and TRY to get seating. Did get a flight 2 hrs later and was told it was a short walk to get to A38 more like a mile should have been instructed to take the skytrain. This is very poor customer relations!

Comment:

My original flight was pose to leave at 7am, it got canceled due to weather.  Next flight was to leave at 3:55pm, which was delayed again, then we had to fly to another airport and catch another flight out The flight that was to leave at 3:55, we sat on the runway for 2 hours and 32 min, In which it caused us to miss the connecting flight.  We got there at 9:25pm, not know if there was going to be another flight out that night. we finally got in at 11pm. In resulting me to miss my friends wedding. This was my first time flying Luftansa ever! And I did not have a good experience. I really would like to know if this is a normal experience or not!

Comment:

I had attempted to cancel my flight during the window that was available to me on November 30, 2015 as stated on my itinerary. As I had executed the cancellation button on my computer the response came back with a password change which I did assuming the concellation was completed.

Since it was late and close to the deadline I went to bed to get the cancellation response from expedia the next day. On December 1st when I called Expedia they indicated that it was to late that I only had 24 hours to cancel even though I had avised them that I had an email that had my itinerary and date of my last day to cancel without penalty on November 30, 2015. They keep insisting that they have to follow the policy of 24 hour cancellation and will not honor the November 30th request.