Kia Customer Service Has Failed a Loyal Customer

I have a terrible complaint about Kia customer service to share. I have tried to contact them by phone number, email address, and even writing laters. So, it's important that you understand the back story and how I was treated.

I along with my 78 year old mom went into Kia Motors of Irvine to inquire about a used 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport that was advertised on craigslist for 10,795. I had previously called to make an appointment with a sales rep and had confirmed the price over the telephone.  I had been shopping around for this particular car model and saw an ad on craigslist showing the 2012 Mitsubishi and saw that it was being sold at Kia of Irvine.

I knew nothing about Kia or its company, but i felt comfortable walking into a Kia buying a car, even a used one because knowing what I know now, I was naively trusting because of what I saw on TV and what I associated Kia with. I remembered Blake Griffin jumping of a Kia in the NBA dunk contest, I remember watching the Australian Open and seeing Kia on the nets, I remembered about seeing all the commercials with Kia having its 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

I thought to myself this is a trustworthy company and I could trust them, so I headed over there with the intention of buying my used 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and thought it would be a honest straight forward process where I would have no stress about dishonesty or being taken advanced of. Sadly after my experience and complaints against Kia, I have embarrassedly suffered from both and want to share my honest, transparent experience at the Kia of Irvine and how it has effected my life.

When I arrived on the lot, a sales person named Daniel greeted me and I inquired about the 2012 Mitsubishi. When he brought the car over he immediately told me the car was amazing and a steal at $13,995, when I told him i saw the ad for $10,795, he told me to show it to him and they would honor the price. Before we took the test drive I asked Daniel if the car fax was clean and if the car had been in any accidents, he assured me the car fax was clean and the car had not been in any accidents and verbally said the car had no accidents. I specifically said .. “Is the car fax clean with the title and no accidents,” where he responded, “It’s a clean car fax with no accidents, I can get you the car fax after we test drive the car.” I never got the car fax report from him and relied on the brand of KIA that he was an honest person, which today I have learned he is not which to me is a strong reflection and indication of Kia.

After taking the car for the test drive, I asked Daniel and his finance department to run some numbers to me in regards to the financing of the vehicle. After about 45 minutes Daniel returned with his sales manager. He explained the details of the price in a very professional way I thought at the time, but later learned that he was technically not lying, but he was presenting information to me in a very deceiving manner. He told me the monthly payments would be $309 for 72 months for the 10,795 to be financed and included a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty for the car. Later on I learned that he had built in the price of me buying a warranty, gap coverage, alarm system, and anti-theft tracking, all the extras added over $100 to my monthly payments, but did not disclose any of this to me.

At the time I said I wanted to talk to my mom about it and think about it, however Daniel and the Sales manager insisted I sign the contract right away, even physically standing between me and the door multiple times. My mom is 78 years old and was getting very tired and hungry and wanted to go to a local Starbucks to get coffee and food, but Daniel and the sales manager would not allow me to leave and insisted I stay and have coffee in the lobby. My mom is very particular and wanted her coffee and pastry from Starbucks.

I insisted to be allowed to leave and my mom was getting angry and wanted to leave. However we were not allowed to leave and the sales manager instructed Daniel to follow us in the car if we really wanted to go. He said we can go and have daniel come in the car with us, in the Mitsubishi, I insisted that i take my won car and Daniel said he would follow us in the Mitsubishi and escort us to the starbucks. My mom and I went to Starbucks while Daniel followed us in the car and waited outside the starbucks while my mom and I ordered coffee. When we left the coffee shop, Daniel escorted us back to the Kia dealership.

Upon returning to the Kia dealership, I wanted to talk more to my mom about the purchase, but I was pressured again to make the deal. Daniel and the sales manager tried theie best to keep my mom and i separated so we couldn’t converse about the purchase. It was a very pressure felt and stressful situation. I felt a lot of pressure and I eventually agreed to buy the car. after we had verbally agreed to a deal and I went in to talk to Sammy Sheikh, the Finance Manager at the Kia of Irvine. When i went in the room i was shocked to see that that on the paper there was an additional $7,000 added to the amount which included me paying for a warranty, anti-car theft device, alarm system, and gap coverage.

Multiple times i declined all the coverage and every time Sammy said that the car could not be sold without the gap coverage, without the warranty, without the anti-theft system, or without the car alarm. Multiple times when i looked over paper work, Sammy said “why do you keep reading everything, I’m already telling you what you are signing.”

This had a dramatic effect on me psychologically, because every time i read something on the paper Sammy was very aggressive towards me and kept saying i was an adult and i should feel nervous about making a purchase and that for some people money is an issue, but people like him don’t worry about money. He began negotiation back and forth and i kept telling him i would not pay for anything except the car and every time he told me the car could not be sold without the extra coverage.

I finally decided to get up and walk out of the room and told him i would not buy the car and at that moment Sammy would not let me leave the office and very forcefully and aggressively told me to sit down. He then preceded with telling me stories about one in particular where he said “if you want a hot blonde girl, then you have to spend more money, if you want to be cheap, you get the ugly girl”. He continued to talk about how money is not an issue for him and neither should it be for me and I needed to act like and adult and not be afraid to buy the car. After almost 2 hours of being in the room and me continually saying no and i don’t want to buy the car anymore.

Sammy finally sold me the car without all the extras. I thought everything was done until he asked me to pay $300 for the security system, that i had told him dozens of times before i would not buy or pay for, but I was exhausted and just overstressed at the process that at the time I was willing to pay him $300 just to go home.  He had lied to me the entire time that the car could not be financed without all the extras and that i had to buy all the coverage that included gap coverage, warranty, anti-car theft device and alarm system.

As I signed all the paperwork, Sammy told me that we were in the room for over 2 hours and was complaining about how he had to pick up his wife at the airport from Toronto. I was tired and exhausted and just relieved to be done. The problem was one of the forms he instructed me to sign was a waiver to  my rights for a 2 day cancelation contract. He never ever verbally offered me the option of a 2 day used car cancelation agreement, which california state law say i need to be offered that option before buying a used car in a Kia dealership. He watched me very carefully when I signed all the papers and never once explained to me my options for the car cancelation contract agreement.

After the purchase was made and all the paperwork was signed, Daniel met with me to go over all the details of the car and to inspect it physically to make sure everything was fine and operational. Upon inspecting the car there were multiple areas of the car that needed detailing, there was accessories and hardware in the trunk that needed to be installed. Daniel suggested that i take the car now and i could come back anytime it was convenient to get the work done. I suggested that the car be kept overnight to get detailed and i would pick up the car the next morning. Daniel agreed and he said it was his day off, but he wanted to be there for me when i picked up the car, so I asked him for a ride and he agreed.

The next morning i receive multiple text and phone calls from Daniel asking me where i was. He sent me multiple text saying that i wasted his time, that his time is valuable , and that he is not playing games with me. I replied to him and said i was ready to go at 3. He then angrily responded with text saying “are you kidding me?” , “I waited all morning for you” He was no longer going to give me a ride and that i could talk to his associate David.

I arrived at the Kia dealership at 6pm on friday March, 25 and met with david. David had me sit and wait for over 30 minutes to pick-up my car, upon inspection of the car we noticed that the car had not been detailed, none of the hardware and accessories had been installed in the trunk, the driver side speakers were not working, and the car had not been detailed at all. David apologized and said I could take it in the next day to get it all serviced. I complained that i was already promised this yesterday and the end result was no one took care of the care or did any of the necessary work that was promised on it. He told me i could call anytime to schedule and appointment, but was not confident n this, but reluctantly took the car because I had no ride or car to get me around and told him i would come in the next time i was free.

The next day after reading over the paperwork I saw that I had signed the waiver to my rights of a 2 day cancelation agreement, that i did not remember reading or signing, because Sammy the Finance Manager at Kia assured me everything I was signing was everything he was telling me it was verbally at the time, but not once did he mention my right to a 2 day used car cancelation option. This made me upset, but I did not think much of it at the time. I followed up with Daniel 6 times via text and phone call about the issues with the detailing, stereo and hardware of the car , but not once received a phone call or text.

I was angrily upset, but was ready to let everything go because I didn’t want to deal with anymore stress and hassle i was been caused and was ready to move on, take the financial hits, and be on with my life. After some thought and a lot of driving, I thought to myself, I might as well get a hybrid car to save on gasoline. At this time I decided to play around and see how much i could sell the car for or trade it in to get a luxury hybrid, i knew i would most likely take a financial loss, but i was ready to move on from this car even if it meant losing some money.

I had some interested parties and the South County Lexus returned me a trade in quote of $7,000, for the car I paid $10,795 ($12,300 with taxes and fees) because it had been in an accident. I was in shock and asked the sales rep to check again. He sent me over the car fax, which showed that the car had been in an accident.

That same day before I spoke to the sales agent at South County Lexus, I had an interested buyer Kae who was seriously considering buying the car for the $12,000 i had advertised it for on craigslist. In the conversation at the time I promised Kae that the car had a clean car fax and no accidents, the same exact words that came out of Daniel’s mouth, thats the level of trust I had in him. After I received the news from South County Lexus, I immediately called Kae and explained the situation to her. I spoke to Elliot about the Mistusbishi I planned to trade in and asked him for help in the matter. He suggested that I speak to the General Sales Manager at Kia of Irvine.

I decided to try to contact daniel again via text and phone, but have gotten no response. I then decided to call Kia of Irvine and asked to talk to the General Sales Manager or any other Manager, but I keep getting Katella who is the Concierge and she keeps telling me that it is the end of the month and there is no one to help me, she said they are really busy and there is no one to help me. I explained the whole situation to her and when she heard the car had been in an accident she said I should have checked the car fax before buying the car.

I told her daniel never gave it to me nor did anyone else show me it. She then asked me what kind of accident the car was in and I said the car fax showed it was involved in a side swipe collision. When she heard this she told me it shouldn’t affect the value, I told her I disagreed and She assured me she would speak to the appropriate people and I would be receiving a phone call soon. this was on March 30, I never received a phone call.

The next day I again called and Katella picked up the phone again, I explained the situation again to her and she complained that I had been calling everyday and that there was no one available to help me and that i had to make an appointment to physically come in and talk to someone about the car, but they could not do anything for me and that i was my fault that i didn’t look at the car fax before buying the car. I asked her again to allow me to talk to a manager and she refused and said the only way i could talk to someone is if I came into the Kia dealership and they wouldn’t take the car back anyways.

I would rather not go into that Kia dealership again for multiple reasons, even for safety reasons, but it may be my only option. The end result is I want a full refund and to return the car. What I must regretfully say is there is in no way that I am able to trust a company like Kia in any regard nor would i ever remotely recommend this company to anyone based on my experiences.

I wanted to share my experience and see if there is anyone that has had a similar complaint about Kia or could offer any help or advice in this matter, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment:

I have been a valued customer owning 2013 Optima EX for three years. I have always paid on time (you may check my payment history) and was sharing positive reviews to my friends and family. I recently had an accident and my car got totaled. (accident was not my fault) I had plenty of choices for my next vehicle but I chose to go with Kia once again because I had a satisfying experience with Kia.

So I visited Central Kia in Lewisville, TX today to get a price quote, to negotiate price and possibly to purchase a new vehicle. The one I had in mind was 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid EX and korean gentleman named Eddie Kim helped me out greatly. He made an offer and I made a counter-offer for $23,000 out-the-door price. I understand the price is way too low but like I explained I am short on my budget because I had to total a car recently and wanted to give it a shot.

My calculation was based on the truecar.com and this website's price was showing as $27,000. I understand the price on truecar.com is not containing all possible costs but like I said, I just wanted to give it a shot. It was completely okay to reject my counter-offer. Eddie went up to his sales manager Jerry (I believe his last name was Jackson) and came back with a rejecting note and I saw palm-size three letters on the bottom of the page "L.O.L" The moment I saw these letters I was deeply upset and felt like Kia was humiliating me. I knew the deal was not going to work but I still wanted Jerry's sincere apology for making fun of a customer.

Eddie and other Korean gentleman apologized and tried to calm me down but my anger kept growing inside of me. I came out of the dealer shop and made a call to Ron, who is a customer relationship manager. I explained what happened to me today and Ron was deeply sorry that one of the employees disrespected a valued customer. He promised me to investigate on this issue and call me back tomorrow morning. Thirty minutes after I hung up, I received another call from Jerry the sales manager.

I thought Ron already had spoken with him and Jerry was going to apologize. I was very surprised of Jerry's behavior. He blamed it on me for not taking things seriously and he kept making fun of the offer. He said he is sorry for laughing at me, for not taking things seriously. HOW IS THIS A SINCERE APOLOGY? He could have dealt this situation much easier but he decided to make things worse with his sarcastic and cynical tone. Is this how Kia treats its valued customer?

I did not decide to escalate this issue just to get the price that I wanted. I do not care anymore. I do not need to buy Kia vehicle anymore. I want sincere apology from Kia and from Jerry Jackson. I now also want disciplinary action on him and I want someone to follow up and give me weekly updates on the situation. I am deeply disappointed and it's funny how inappropriate actions of a careless employee can easily ruin 3 years worth of great customer experience.

Comment:

I have had problems with the blower for air and heat in my 2006 Kia since it was bought new in 2006.  I have taken it to the Kia Store in Elizabethtown, Kentucky recently to get it fixed again. I have paid $2,475.00 so far for a new controller unit and an entire wiring harness in the engine compartment and it is still not fixed. I am told now that it is going to cost an additional $1,000.00 to get a wiring harness in the dash to finally fix it. I will not have it returned to me before the 1st of the year. I am very happy with the rest of my Kia Rio's performance except for this one issue. $3,475.00 is a lot of money to me. Please advise me of any relief I can expect on this issue.

Comment:

Have a vehicle for less than two years.  It has been under cover of a carport and car cover most of this time.  I have an old truck that has been out in the weather for many years. This vehicle doesn't have any paint issues like like my 2014 Kia Forte.  Kia representatives are indicating it is bird shit etc that cause paint issues to my vehicle. Kia will not pay for this vehicle to painted.  I'm not asking for them to paint the whole vehicle.

I want them to take care of the areas where their are issues with the paint. One auto paint shop submitted a cost for to repair the problem and indicated there is another use for the pain to react the way it is doing. Kia doesn't like the cost to repaint these areas and will not stand behind their products (cars).  I will get other bits and what could have cause these issues to the paint job on this vehicle. I'm dissatisfied with their decision.

Comment:

Sent a detailed letter and copies of texts and emails to Kia Motors in Irvine CA.  Also sent copies to the Coatesville dealer.  Today I received a letter from Jose Gianini, Kia Consumer Assistance (Case # K3104931), stating they tried to reach us by phone and that this was regarding a "our Kia vehicle".  We don't own a Kia vehicle.  This is a complaint regarding the misleading and run-around we got at a dealer where we were thinking of purchasing a Sorento.  Apparently whoever received our letter and attachments did not read through it.  They would know that we never actually purchased a vehicle.  Even Kia's consumer assistance can't get it right. Again, very disappointed.

Comment:

I would like to file a complaint against Halleen Kia, located in North Olmsted, OH. 44070. The owners names are Eric and Mark Halleen. I was in the car business for over 35 years and have known both of these guys for at least 25 years. I also have 3 daughters. My daughters and I all drive Kia's bought from the Halleen brothers. Over the years I have bought over a hundred cars from them for my customers.

One day, out of the blue, Mark Halleen decided to change my pricing arrangement with his dealership, and would not give me a reason why. I should tell you that I am not an official new or used car dealer, and the disagreement we had is not the basis of my complaint.

Over the last 6 months or so, I continue to get letters, e-mails, and phone calls from the dealership and Eric Halleen himself, all of which are merely advertising "come-ons". I have called Eric and Mark personally NUMEROUS TIMES, and sent them e-mails stating that I wanted to have myself and my daughters taken off ALL of their mail, e-mail, and phone call lists. They never responded to me. As of today, 1/4/2016, I received another stupid recorded phone call.

I would like someone with some authority over KIA Dealers to call Eric and Mark Halleen, and let them know about my complaint. I would also like to receive a phone call from your representative after he contacts the Halleens, with the results of his conversation.

I am retired with lots of time on my hands. If I don't hear back from you by 01/11/2016, I will then call the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's Office to voice my complaint against not only Mark and Eric Halleen, but KIA Motors as well.

Comment:

I am having a problem with my Kia Forte. I had my transmission replaced a couple months ago. And yesterday the problems started again. And my check engine light is on. And your customer service in Salisbury, MD.  I feel I shouldn't drive it any more and she said she didn't have anyone to tow it. And couldn't give me a rental car last time this took 3 weeks and they gave me a rental to use. She wouldn't do anything.  I am going to drive it to there today and couldn't even give me a ride home. That is great what am I supposed to do. This car is still under warranty and I am not happy with this. I really need a car now.

Comment:

Went to Kia dealer in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Dealer was on RT 7. Was at dealership from 12 N till 330PM on Dec. 27th.2015. Sales Rep Mike helped me and my wife. We have a Kia Optima lease with 6 months left. We came in to see if there was a deal close to what we had 230 a month payment. We wanted a new Kia EX Optima. I told them I wanted to pay nothing out of pocket so Josh Clinton came back with a deal 298.28 month.

Never did he say I had to pay anything out of pocket. So we agreed to the deal. When we started to sign final paper work my wife and I learned there was a 3270.00 due payment. My wife an myself were very surprised. I cancelled the deal immediately. I was a little upset because we had been there from 12 noon to 330 PM hoping to make a deal and were misled. This manager Josh Clinton had an attitude. I am still the customer here. Cody Ciinton was very sorry but I felt his brother Josh had an smart attitude. I feel an apology is expected from this dealership.

Comment:

I made the mistake of buying Wanda a foreign vehicle a Kia Sportage from Riverchase KIA. She has had this Lemon for a little less then two years. This Lemon has been back to two different dealerships five times for the check engine light coming on. Riverchase Charged us 200 Dollars to clean the fuel system that did not fix the problem. The other Dealer had it for over a month changed the block and the head. We got the car back and less then a week the light came back on. Wanda carried it back and they have had it over a week and changed the computer in it and still have not fixed the problem.

We have contacted Riverchase Kia and Kia about refunding our money we paid for this Lemon of course the 100000 mile warranty is a joke this vehicle has 29000 miles on it. they do not want to talk about refunding the Money for this Lemon so I want to let my friends know so they don't make the same mistake I did. I also ask that you share my message to make sure this dealership and KIA get the bad publicity they deserve. The Dealer told me that the MSRP price was 20,230 when the real MSRP price was 17,710, which caused me to overpay for the vehicle. The Dealer lied to me acting to engage in unfair and deceptive practice by telling me that there was no Kelly blue book value for vehicles that were brand new like the one I was looking at.

Comment:

The radio works very poorly.  Static, fading, weak reception.  I listen to AM radio station WTAM in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio. WTAM is 50,000 station and I often have trouble hearing it even in Cuyahoga County.  They advertise that the reaches 38 states and half of Canada.  Of course they may push the truth like Kia might once in a while.  Anyway the reception goes up and down, the sound snaps and the quality of the radio is very poor.  They replaced the antenna and tried other things but have never fixed the problem.  This radio has never worked right from the very first day and Kia manager has never been able to repair it.  I would like a new radio but have not ben able to get them to replace it. I hope some one will be able to convince them to help me.

Comment:

I went to file a complain on behalf of my husband. He went to buy his third Kia and was turned down. He was furious since he has never been more than 30 days late with his payments. What really made us mad is that when we went to file the complaint with Kia Corp. thay wanted to charge us $25 to file it! That is a bunch of crap! Since when does a consumer have to pay to file a complaint? Needless to say we will NEVER purchase a Kia again.

My 2014 Kia Soul steering locked up and I could not turn my key to start car. This has happened before but I could always shake it loose and then the key would turn and start the car. This time nothing would work so I called Kia roadside service and they handled having my car towed to Russ Darrow dealership on Odana Road in Madison, Wi.(note: Kia roadside service is tremendous). The dealership loaned me a car until mine was finished but they said they could not duplicate the problem so therefore it wasn't under warranty. They did nothing to make sure this would not happen again but said since they could find nothing I would now have to pay for the loaner.

I told them I would not pay for the several hours I had the loaner because something was wrong and maybe still is with my Kia. When I picked up the car the service advisor (Jake) said he spoke with the service manager (John Lauston) and he would give me a goodwill loaner this time but in the future I would have to pay for any loaner in advance. This was very insulting to me and I feel unwarranted. I do not plan on ever doing business with Russ Darrow again when buying or servicing any of my vehicles.

Comment:

My Kia is 2009 Rondo, 115,000 Miles, which is still working pretty good. Ten days ago (05/05/2016), because my car's engine temperature meter pointed to "High" level, I had to immidietly run to Lou Fusz Kia dealer in St Louis, Missouri to check the problem. I bought my car there and they really gave me a good service before, so I trust their service very much.

After examination, the manger told me my radiator fun broke and the wire connecting to the fun was milted. He gave me 3 options, first two were fixing the milted wire and fun, which would cost $750; the last one was replacing whole wire and fun, which would cost $1000 more. But the manager said the chance of the last option was very low. I agreed the $750 deal and told them give me a call if anything changed.

Because I am planing to buy a new Kia for my daughter in this June or July, I tried to ask a salesman to give me some advices about the new Kia after dropping my Rondo in workshop that day. The salesman Chris was introduced by the manager to help me. I can feel Chris was not interested to do his job as soon as he knew I could not buy the car until June. He barely answered my questions and told me I had better come back in June for the car information.

The total communication only lasted for 5 minutes. I told myself absolutely I would not let him be my agent. Anyway, the big drama is the following: on the following Monday morning (05/09/2016), I got a phone call from Kia dealer, the caller said:" Hi, this is Chris. Since we can not find the small wire part and have to replace the whole wire, it will cost $1,700. You can tread in your old car for $1,700, and then get the car you are driving right now (Kia dealer temporarily rented me a 2014 Kia Soul for a few days for my daily driving)."

I said I didn't have any plan to buy a new car for myself now, my rondo was still Ok. But Chris  still convinced me to trade in my old ca and get a new one. Finally, I said:'Ok, I will pick up my car after work and find out some other mechanical places to fix it". When I got to the workshop in the afternoon, the front-desk guy was very surprised. he said:" We didn't fix your car so far. The small wire part was ordered from California and is on the way; the car would be done on Wednesday". I said:"This morning, your guy called me said I had to pay $1,700 to fix the car. I already told him I would pick up my car today and look for somewhere else".

But the front-desk was very confused, he said he didn't call me this morning. I said the name of caller was "Chris". He said:"Oh, it was a salesman. Why he call you?! We can fix your car for $750 as we agreed". I said I didn't know who was this Chris, but I already found another place to fix my car. Anyway, the result is: I got my car back and spend $265 to make my car fixed in another mechanical place in one day.

I was so disappointed about this experience. The reasons that I planned to buy a new Kia for my daughter are not only its better car quality but also its good customer service I got before. But right now, I really don't know if I should trust them and buy the new car there. The salesman Chris was very rude to me and enforced me to trade in my old car and buy a new one right away, which made me feel like somebody just try to rob me, really bad and scared! For the service department, I know dealers usually charge more money to fix the car, but they should not collude with salesman to trick customers.

Comment:

My Kia is 2009 Rondo, 115,000 Miles, which is still working pretty good. Last Thursday (05/05/2016), Because my car engine temperature meter pointed to "High" level, I had to immediately run to Lou Fusz Kia dealer in St Louis, Missouri to check the problem. I bought my car there and they really gave me a good service before, so I trust their service very much. After examination, the manger told me my radiator fun broke and the wire connecting to the fun was milted.

Because I am planing to buy a new Kia for my daughter in this June or July, I tried to ask the salesman to give me some information about the new Kia after dropping my Rondo in workshop that day. The salesman Chris was introduced by the manager to help me. I can feel Chris was not interested to do his job as soon as he knew I could not buy the car until June.

He barely answered my question and said I had better come back in June for the car information. The total communication only lasted 5 minutes. I told myself absolutely I would let him be my agent. Anyway, the big drama is the following: on this Monday morning (05/09/2016), I got a phone call from Kia dealer, the caller said:" Hi, this is Chris. Since we can not find the same wire pert and have to replace the whole wire, it will cost $1,700. You can tread in your old car for $1,700, and then get the car you are driving right now (Kia dealer temporarily rent me a 2014 Kia Soul for a few days for my daily driving)." I said I didn't have any plan to buy a new car for myself now, my rondo was still Ok. But Chris  still convinced me to trade in my old ca and get a new one. Finally, I said:'Ok, I will pick up my car after work and find out some other mechanical places to fix it".

When I got the workshop in the afternoon, the front desk guy was very surprise, he said:" We didn't fix your car so far. The small wire part was ordered from California and on the way; the car would be done on Wednesday". I said:"This morning, your guy call me said I have to pay $1,700 to fix the car. I already told him I would pick up my car today and look for somewhere else". But the front desk was very confused, he said he didn't call me this morning. I said the name of caller was "Chris". He said:"Oh, it was a salesman. Why he call you?! We can fix your car for $750 as we agreed". I said I didn't know the Chris was whom, but I already found another place to fix my car. The result is: i got my car back, and spend $265 to make my car fixed in one day.

I was so disappointed about this experience. The reasons that I planned to buy a new Kia for my daughter are not only better car quality but also good customer service. But right now, I really don't know if I should trust them and buy the new car there. The salesman Chris was very rude to me and enforced me to trade in my old car and buy a new one right away, which made me feel like somebody just try to rob me, really bad and scared! For the service part, I know dealers usually charge more money to fix the car, but they had better not collude with salesman to trick customers.

Hope Kia company can seriously face and address this problem; otherwise the reputation of Kia company will be damaged sooner or later. This dealer location is on Page Ave, St.Louis, Missouri. The salesman's  first name is Chris.