Help! Instagram Has Temporarily Blocked Me -- How Do I Fix It?

We have recieved several complaints over the last few days about people whose Instagram accounts have been temporarily blocked in the application. How do you know you are blocked? It's pretty simple. When you load the mobile app you will get a warning message with the following statement.

You're Temporarily Blocked

It looks like you were misuing this feature by going too fast. You've been temporarily blocked from using it. We restrict certain content and actions to protect our community. Tell us if you think we made a mistake.

So, if you find your Instagram account blocked, how can you fix it? There are several ways to go about it. The first is to use the "Tell us" button in the message to let them know. The second way is to fill out the Facebook support form.

This will allow you to report a problem to Instagram, which is owned by Facebook. If that does not work, you can always call Facebook headquarters, write a letter to their corporate office (address below), or if all else fails get a new Instagram account. You might not want to hear the last option, but it might be your best bet.

Facebook is the largest social network and automates everything it can for scale. After all they have a billion users now worldwide. So do not be frustrated if this process takes a long time. You are probably one person out of 100,000 that day that needs help with their account.

650-543-4800
1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025

Comment:

The hashtag #goddess was banned and then blocked because it brings on "too much nudity".  In actuality, #goddess mainly depicted paintings of naked women which are completely allowed in other cases on Instagram, which might point to a religious bias. I belong to a religion in which we believe in a God and a Goddess, and it hurts to know that I along with fellow pagan community members can't express their beliefs and love with this simple hashtag.

Comment:

Shortly after creating the Instagram account I get a message that the application needs my telephone number to prove my identity (as if e-mail identification wasn't enough). I am against sharing anything that private with social networks, but after the message just kept popping up every minute, also in cases when I was on a website using instagram to post pictures.

Struggling with this pop-up blocking my view of websites (and a whole screen on the phone) I gave in and inserted my number. Did I ever get a verification code? As if! I tried multiple of times, and nothing worked. And I cannot even delete my Instagram account, since the message keeps popping up and blocking all the content on the website!

Comment:

My instagram does not work after a report was sent against me for a post of mine that was apparently inappropriate. I have clicked the acknowledged option and it still does not let me access my account and I really do not want to create a new account because I have been working hard on my exsisting one. Help me!

Comment:

I did not mean to spam the site. Please open the block!

Comment:

My account has been deleted twice by Instagram. My first account was t.wolfies then my second one was t.wolfiess. Instagram explained that we violated the 'rules' but we did no such thing. They blocked our accounts several times first. This is a complete joke!

Comment:

I think more needs to be done in preventing monorting and eliminating these adult accounts. Simply typing in the word brings up explicit 15 second clips from amateur to professional. I'm completely disgusted by Instagram!

Comment:

I've reported this problem about 4 times now but haven't been able to get any help. I temporarily disabled my Instagram account some 4 days ago and reactivated it after a very short while. When I reactivated, I noticed that my posts from my profile were missing. After refreshing a couple of times, my posts started reappearing. However, I realised that more than 30 posts were still missing. (Before disabling,I had more than 110 but now it only shows 83.)

When I went to the home page / feed, I got a notification saying to "wait for some time to get things back to normal". So I waited, but until now I haven't been able to recover those 30+ posts.
I've tried logging out and in several times, uninstalling the app and installing it again, but nothing seems to be working. Kindly help me through this, please! I use my account daily.

Comment:

I am continuously being blocked from conversations on instagram because I support the Duggars! Remove the block now please. This is an error and Facebook or Instagram customer service will not help me free up my account so I can share photos again.

Comment:

I have recently encountered an error in my instagram account during my last few posts. I have a public account and then too, the usage of popular hashtags doesn't provide me with new likes or comments which i used to get earllier. There has been surely an error from their side.

Comment:

My acct was hacked. My password was changed I cannot find anywhere to report it unless I have the password. Well they changed it. My account name was clear and the profile picture is of that person not me. The only pictures I had were of my grandson. I want my Instagram account deleted immediately.

Comment:

Instagram has blocked me for 15 days. They say I should call, and I will follow up with a phone call to verify. Does anyone know if this will help restore the account?

Comment:

I had an account to support my food blog, desires of a foodaholic, and all of a sudden my account got deactivated for no reason, I've lost all my client lists and very important people that followed me. I'm highly disappointed give me a solid reason why my food pictures violated your rules. And re enable my account.

Comment:

About two days ago I randomly got logged out of my account. When I tried to log in through Facebook like I always do, it asks for my Facebook password. It has never done that before. It also tells me that my email is not the email for my Instagram account. It has to be because I use that email for Facebook. I have tried to reset my Instagram password too. But I never receive the reset emails. And I was wrongfully reported for abusive content. I do not post stuff like that. So when I tried to erase the "abusive" comment, that is when I was logged out. My account still exists because I had a friend check. I just can't log back in. It's very irritating and I have gotten zero help from Instagram with this matter.

Comment:

I am locked out of my business instagram account (very very bad). Good evening!  I will be so grateful if you can help me.  I got locked out of my Instagram Business account (redefining vintage) somehow.  The password just stopped working and then I got kicked out of my account accross all of my devices.  When I try to log back in it says that the password may have been changed by the administrator (me) and I definitely did not change the password. But the part I am freaking out about is when I went to reset my password it says it is going to send a reset password link and that is NOT my actual email.

My actual business email is different.  I must have typed it in wrong when I set it up--I must have omitted the word "SHOP on the end of the gmail address..  I have no way to access email from the email account that Instagram is sending the reset password info to--it was an email unavailable when I tried to get it.  I am not sure if it got hacked?  I just know that one minute I was logged in on multiple devices and the next it kicked me out on all of my devices.  It said something like "password may have been changed by administrator" but I am the administrator and I definintely did not change the password.

But apparently I did leave out "shop" on the email I created our instagram account with and now  I am totally locked out.  Is it possible that they are somehow linked?  We are a new business and this is very very bad.  Thanks in advance for helping me figure out how to access our account again.

Comment:

I got blocked for my last account and signed up for a new one. Now my new account is blocked. How can I unblocked it or remove the ban?

Comment:

My instagram accont were blocked through instagram because i do not confirm the rules. Only this is an account with healthy lifestyle food and workout pictures. So i am very disappointed about this decision and can not on my instagram now, I've placed 84 pictures and already 766  followers and now im blocked. I already follow the steps from the helpdesk with a picture with head and code but i have not hear something yet. I really want to go on my instagram account so can you please check my account.

Comment:

We have a domain and one user has registered instagram.com with this email adress. She wants to reset her password but no-reply@mail.instagram.com has rejected our repeated tries to unblock the account. Can you help us fix this asap?

Comment:

My daughter has already had problems on instagram with men targeting her and trying to groom her. She has not been allowed online for a number of months but has just started another account to stay in touch with friends. It now seems that someone has used an old photo of her and has started an account in her name but with an incorrect spelling. They are also following her and sending messages. She is only 14 years old and I want this account closed down as I am very concerned that she is being targeted again. I will inform the police if you cannot do something. The false account has a picture of her in her old school uniform is a fake account in her name.

Comment:

I truly do appreciate what the website/app allows myself and other people to post pictures about and captures the worlds beauty, people hobbies/ interests, selfies and many other things. I realize that Instagram has over 150,000 active members. Thus, I also realize that the tech team or whoever is involved in the process of overseeing pictures that come thorough the system, have a lot of work to do.

Unfortunately, some pictures pass through the filters and for me and I think to many others, it is quite unsettling to see naked men or women or half naked (topless women) on the feed. On the search bar, I looked up Ballerina, because I am a dancer myself and wanted to see videos or pictures of my hobby for inspiration. I came across a few pictures of nude people (mostly women). Now, I know that Instagram has a policy and rules in which members have to uphold, and I'm assuming that posting nude pictures of oneself is prohibited.

I'm a 21 year old female and I just have to think what would happen if a young teen, maybe about 12, just got a phone for Christmas. I didn't get my phone until I could pay for it myself, but these are times we live in.  The scenario plays out and the child downloads Instagram and he/she wanted to search up the exact same thing #ballerina. Then that leaves him/her thinking that maybe it's okay to put naked pictures up?

Is that okay? If you had a child, would that be okay for them to see that?

Comment:

My account was/is in the process of be my permanently disabled/deleted when I have done nothing wrong. I have never posted anything illegal or morally inappropriate. I love my Instagram account and I do not want to lose it. Instagram always gives me the same message when I try to log in and it says I can try to appeal the decision. I've already attempted to appeal the decision FOUR TIMES and have not received any sort of response or any sort of status on my case or account.

This is horrible customer service. It has taken me a long time to build and grow my Instagram and I love it and enjoy keeping in close, fun, safe contact with my friends and family. I'm truly sad over this matter. I would seriously appreciate if I could just some way, some how, get it all resolved.

Comment:

I have a serious problem with my instagram account. I'm following more than 1,200 people that I don't know and growing every day. When I try to delete them it I can't because it's a safety mechanism of instagram and, worst of it, they block me. It's obvious that my account has been hacked so, please, let me delete all the people I don't know and return to normal.

Comment:

I deleted my account some time back and now I just received a text to verify me logining in. Is someone trying to hack my old account? What should I do?

Comment:

I have an account on Instagram "sara_2411147" , I tried to log in but didn't let me. As it stated that " Instagram reset my password and sent it to my Instagram email", however I do not remember my email and Password of Instagram whatsoever. I can send you proofs that it's my Instagram account. Please get back to me shortly as I need to access my account very urgently.

Comment:

I know, I know, this sounds ambiguous, but I really do need help logging in, and it's not just a simple password mishap or anything. My account is nate_rust, and, not only will it not let me log in, but, while on my backup account, I can't even find it in the search bar anymore. This just seems really stupid now, especially since it has been like this for a while now. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been deleted, but if it has, gosh almighty help me. Also, it won't let me change the name of the said backup account to the old name, which really pisses me off. Now please, don't waste your time, I've got editing to do!

Comment:

When I'm about to go to my Instagram account and sign in first thing in the morning, the message on the box says, "Your account has been disabled for violating our terms". My Instagram name is solid. I accidentally put a wrong link in my Instagram account and Instagram directly block me so I could't do anything else. I can still access my account but I can't like and comment photos and also I can't change my bio or delete the link.

I've been trying to report everything every single day and I receive no answers. Now, the photos I try to post are no longer posting! It will look as if they are being posted for 1 second then they disappear. What is happening?! Instagram has been nothing but trouble and I've had 2 accounts deleted and after several years I decided to give it another chance. Boy was that a mistake! But I've taken all this time creating the new account so I'd like to know why I cannot post photos but the videos are posting just fine. Just the worst.

Comment:

I have a major issue with the restrictions on my freedom to post what I please on my page. Recently, I have been publicizing my book by posting images from the book. The photos are these beautiful partially nude shots of me. I will start off by saying that it shouldn't matter what I post if it is not harmful or disrespectful to anybody. These photos are self expressive and not harming anybody, yet someone has been reporting my photos, particularly this one photo that I have repeatedly posted in protest of the reporting. Instagram continues to take it down. The reason why it is being reported is because it shows my body.

Yeah, I know, the horror!  It's a nipple. If Instagram is so offended by nipples, then I expect every photo with a nipple to be removed. This is some bad stuff. It is not okay. Instagram needs to do a better job of making its cyber space more inclusive and less discriminatory, in this case against women's bodies. Stop censoring the female body. It doesn't matter what I'm wearing or not wearing, it doesn't matter how I express myself on my page because it's my body, and it's my page. I should have this freedom.

Comment:

My account locked me out because I have two Instagrams and they have the same emails to it and it send me your email to the wrong Instagram account. Now they are saying, "Your account has been locked because we need to verify your information. Please login from a desktop computer to regain access. If you don’t verify your information immediately, your account may be permanently deleted." What is going on?

Comment:

I tried to sign several times and I can't. I even chose that I forgot my password, and I reset it, but even after I reset I can't have access to my account. I'm a regular user of Instagram. Recently I forgot my password. My Instagram account is not linked with Facebook as well. To your further notice i have even forgot my password of email id through which i have created gmail account. I tried every possible way to get my password back.

I had two Instagram accounts my daughters created for me. One has been deleted with no problem. One of them hasn't been used since at least early 2013 and the email associated with it is no longer accessible to me. Twice I have contacted Instagram for deletion and twice I have been requested to reply with a picture, my ID, a code number they sent and the account name. I have done this both times. Then I get an email back saying I have to reply to them from the email address that I can't use! It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen! I will be contacting an attorney if I do not get some resolution to this matter.

One of my favorite pictures got deleted! I did not delete and now it is just gone. Don't know what's going on never had this problem until it was changed to the new version. Every time I try to share it just logs me off, or even when I'm just trying to read what they post. I'm about to delete Instagram it's not the same, and it only happens with your application all the other application on my phone are working well.

On top of that I hope that you are able to help me. I am in a situation where I have someone who has created an Instagram account and is busy slandering my name and defaming my character. I please need to trace who the person is that created the account for legal purposes as well as a restraining order. Please could you assist me?