These ESPN Complaints to Corporate Are Downright Hilarious

We see a lot of complaints about different businesses on HissingKitty, thousands in month in fact. But none compare to the hilarious customers of ESPN television networks. For whatever reason ESPN has managed to attract a fan base that loves it TV so much that it hates any changes that are made.

People who watch ESPN networks love to gripe about anything and everything including:

• Television coverage of games
  • Lack of television coverage of games
  • Announcers they wish were fired
  • Announcers that were fired they wish were not
  • Scheduling changes to their favorite shows
  • Shows they want cancelled and pulled from the air
  • Something someone said that offends them

I have never seen anything quite like this before. Every change to the programming lineup at ESPN, no matter how small, draws hundreds of complaints. The corporate offices in Bristol literally cannot make a move with people judging it, critisizing it, and threatening to never watch again.

That is why these reviews are so funny to me. They really are empty threats made be people without a life.

Just read a few of the comments that people will post below...

860-766-2000
The Walt Disney Company Bristol CT 06010 United States

Comment:

I am 58 year old, w/f. You first put cris carter in the same sentence wirh ray lewis, then on top of that, fired him. I bleed black and gold, but listening to cc made me watch mike and mike more. I dout if I'll watch countdown. I switched from Terry Bradshaw on fox to cc on espn. Ray Lewis should never have been hired. Espn is usually on in my house all day. I've never written to you before, and I understand that no one at espn cares what I think...bad decision. I will miss him

Comment:

She completely throws off the chemistry between commentators.  Every time she opens her mouth I cringe in my seat.  I understand ESPN wants to make their network as diverse as possible by bringing in more women and minorities (I absolutely have no problem with that), but she is a prime example that just because you are an attractive women doesn't mean you belong on TV.  Please remove her for everyone's sake.

Comment:

It's only allowed because he's black, if he were a white male and said the same things, he would have lost his job a long time ago. I personally stand with Curt Schilling on the transgender issue and the idea that what you say in your personal life should not come into play on the job. At least he's not spewing vile racist crap on air as Mr Smith is allowed to do. I can tell you this whenever I see Stephen Smith on the air, I turn the channel, FOX Sports has come a long way. Bye Now.

Comment:

Mendoza is awful. Cannot listen to her. They are awful. A softball player really? I will listen to the game on local radio. You don't have a clue in my opinion if you think folks find any interest in her observations and comments. They are all terrible. The volume just went to 0.

Comment:

Just when I thought you hit bottom on Sunday night baseball with the lousey female announcer you manage to come with one worse.The interviewer at the end of NBA 7th game takes the cake. The greatest NBA story of the year and she was in way over her head. She missed the chance to bring Bill Russell into the mix, but instead just asked stupid questions and commits that really bored the players. What a great lost chance to really shine at great this great moment in NBA history.I can hardly wait for the Little League World Series, hopefully not repeat of last year.

Comment:

I have been a long time espn watcher but as of today I will no longer watch your programming that has turned to being a political and very political correct on black issues. I have no objections to the cause but to have a what is supposed to be a sports based platform shoving black Lives matter down my throat along with political candidate favorites!  your program of His and Hers today was terrible and is becoming the trend on most of your programing!

Comment:

On a recent Monday night football game, there was a spectacular, patriotic display in the stands that you chose not to televise.  I understand that it took 90 workers two weeks to place colored cards under each seat in the grandstand, so that at the appointed time they revealed them to display red, white and blue flags, plus signs thanking our veterans.  Surely your company has enough money to spend a minute showing these to the television audience instead of just commercials.  As a loyal and proud American citizen, I am very disappointed in you.  I would include a photo of what you failed to show, but I don't know how to do that.

Comment:

I watched the Ohio State v. Michigan basketball game. The announcers indicated that we were being given a special floor-seat view of the game.  It was very difficult to watch and really see what was actually going on, particularly if the action was blocked out by players with their backs to the camera (which appeared to be primarily at mid court).  Frequently it was hard to know how a play happened and who actually scored.  This "special" view really took away from the game and was not appreciated, especially during rivalry week.  I hope this will not be used again!

Comment:

My wife and I have been University of Arizona basketball fans for 31 years. Last year when Bill Walton started announcing on ESPN and PAC-12 we found that he was way too frustrating to watch. Muting doesn't help because you get to view his picture often. I now turn the tv off and listen to Brian Jeffries on FM. Obviously nobody from ESPN Sports watches their own programming. Jeffries does a wonderful play-by-play!

Comment:

In case you are not aware of this, people watch your network to follow games. we do not watch to listen to your over paid announcers drone on about everything but the game at hand. Right now I am trying to enjoy the SU vs Louisville basketball game and your announcers and program director suck. It's hard to listen to Dickie Vitale he is so for Duke and Kentucky. He should not be announcing these games. Especially Duke games. Time for him to retire.  I thought announcers were to be not for either team most of yours are very bias. And most people just mute them. I would rather have Beth Mowen (God forbid) that Dickie V boy.

Comment:

I like to watch basketball on your various channels. My complaint is concerning the color commentator Mr Dick Vitale. His yelling and endless trivial  comments are very disturbing and annoying. So bad, that when a game on your channel  comes on, Id rather turn the volume down so as not to hear him, or turn to another channel.  Some times I wonder why you continue to use him. How many other viewers feel the same way. I'm sure your sponsors would be upset.

I wrote last night that, during the SC and Tenn. women's basketball game, the announcers were so busy talking about subjects (totally unrelated to our game) that on a number of occasions we were not sure what happened.  Are announcers told to talk constantly during a game? We were ready to mute the game because of all the "talk".  We enjoy sports but the "chatter" is getting out of control.

Then, this floor seat camera coverage of the Ohio State Michigan game absolutely sucks. Put the cameras back up where they belong so we can see the game from above. we're looking at the back of the referee, were looking at people eating popcorn along the sidelines. Don't get it, this is not what we like while we're watching basketball what's the problem here? The Big Ten Network does a far better job than ESPN.

Comment:

i live in Florida almost 40 yrs. I'm ashamed to even let people know. Jamie's Winston and the cover up by day and Tallahassee police and states Attourneys makes Floridians look like its mob controlled. How much money was spent, follow the money. Jamie's is a child who will never grow up until he is left on his own. No one needs to babysit a grown man.

Comment:

I understand ESPN is awarding Bruce Jenner the Arthur Ashe award at the ESPYS in July. There are so many other candidates out there who deserve it so much more. Like Lauren Ball, Noah Galloway just to name 2 of them. I am very disappointed with ESPN as are many other people I wish you would reconsider your choice. By giving this award to Bruce Jenner for dressing up like a lady make your past winners accomplishments diminished now and thats not fair to them.

And the whole idea of the Arthur Ashe award would be diminished just like that. So what, he is a sports figure if you wanted to give to give him it  long time ago for being Bruce Jenner I wouldn't have had any problem with that. But just cause he decides he now wants to be a women he gets this prestigious award. There is something wrong with your priorities I believe ESPN is trying to keep up with what the public is talking about in the long run I believe ESPN will regret this choice.

Comment:

I know I can't be the first much less the only person to point this out, How about ESPN commentators at least try to not sound so bias when announcing a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game, especially when it's a Cardinals home game. I'm sitting here trying to not throw up listening them on the Cardinals home game with the Pirates on Sunday 09/06/2015. If I didn't know better I would think I was listening to an ESPN talk show promoting the Pirates. Give me a break. But historically ESPN has always up-talked the opposing team in a St. Louis Cardinals game, so I don't know why this surprises me. Actually it doesn't surprise me, it disgusts me. Hey guys & gal, lets try to be fair (if you can).

Comment:

I'm a life time baseball fan. When I tune in Sunday night Baseball I don't want to hear some Lady broadcaster running her know it all mouth. She's never played in the MLB,  a 162 game schedule, has never faced a 100 mph fastball. Her playing softball doesn't qualify her to know about MLB. First of all the suspension of Shilling is Bull your political correct attitude is just wrong. What ever happened to freedom of speech in this country? Curt was the best analyst you had. This Woman on Sunday night Baseball has to go. If I was Kruk I wouldn't even acknowledge her.

I don't care for the new broadcaster on Sunday night baseball. She is very dull and uninteresting. I miss the old broadcaster but since  he is being punished for his on-air opinion regarding terrorists, I think the least ESPN could do for viewers is to replace him with another person with actual MLB experience. I love baseball but don't think I'll be watching anymore this season. It also would be nice is the new female broadcaster would dress as appropriately as the men on the show do. I don't think scanty clothing does anything except make her seem even more unprofessional. I am listening to her now as I write this and I find her useless comments really irritating.

Comment:

In particular Cris Carter and Chris Mortensen.  How dare they!!!   How dare they make either erroneous or misguided statements.  These guys should have know better.  Carter should not be reverted back to niglish (ghetto language) at the rookie symposium and delivered horrible advice.  And Mortensen should not be leaving false information on his account relative to air pressure.  Each of them displayed extremely poor judgement----yet these 2 individuals still go on to drive a knife through the heart of the Patriots.

I am guessing there is some kind of jealously involved.  I, along with some of my friends, question their intentions and integrity.  What motivated them to display such ill advised behavior.  Certainly, they gave some lip-service to apologies of sorts.  But the reality is, they see a need to cater to the audience at hand----regardless of the truth.  I know we will forever dismiss anything these 2 have to say---because they can not be trusted to demonstrate appropriate points of view.

Comment:

Stephen A Smith, your commentator, continues to instigate racial tension while ignorantly unaware how racist he is against Caucasians.  Viewers watch sports channels for entertainment and escape from daily challenges, not to be enraged by hypocritical, racial provocation.  His racial comments on topics of, including but not limited to Serena Williams; Tom Brady; Chip Kelly; Floyd Mayweather, and multiple others, are so short sighted in his cultural bias that he continues to push viewers to shut off the tv or change channels during his rants.

This country has greatly been United through sports, where common interest in many cultures meet and share friendships. What Smith is doing, repeatedly for yrs, is tear down the very entertainment medium that United us.  Smith should be fired, as he fails to cease this Black Panther rhetoric. If he wishes to have a podium for his racist agenda, so be it, but not on ESPN.

Comment:

Stephen A. Smith was being interviewed by a young lady on ESPN and he responded to a question about Gordon from the Browns and his latest drug suspension. After offering his opinion he went on the to and I paraphrase " I'm a black man and I support the black community and my  brother because I'm also a supporter of the black community also. "If a white guy said " I'm a white man and I support the white community" people would go bat crap crazy.

The black community would have the NAACP and Al Sharpton all over ESPN. Why does Stephen and Michael Smith get away with making racial opinions about the black and white community all the time. It's not fair and it must sto. Your white audience is really getting sick of this crap and would appreciate ESPN addressing this issue.

I know many people that have stopped watching ESPN simply due to these two men's opinions. Please do something and respond to me if you have the ability to do so. Many black athletes get away offering opinions about race. This is ESPN not race relations 101.

Comment:

I have submitted this complaint before about having Mike Tirico calling major sports events. The guy doesn't have a clue about any event he's doing. All he does is read stats that's pumped to him. I just got finished watching the Serena Williams match and he never used a tennis term such as forehand, backhand , or chip because he's clueless. I am very surprised that your network can't see what a bad job he is doing as an announcer on anything he does. I mean anything.

Comment:

I watched the whole 30 for 30 program about Tanya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan only to get to the big finale and have you go to "breaking news in baseball."  Thanks to your interruption, I don't get to watch the outcome of your show.  By the way, I don't imagine that a lot of baseball fans were sitting there through the whole figure skating program on the off chance that a baseball highlight would take over.

You did not manage to target interested baseball fans.  Instead, you alienated your figure-skating fans.  Baseball news was coming on anyway in 15 minutes.  You could have waited a little longer to share the news of Heston's no-hitter.  (Congrats to him.  No offense intended to him or to his accomplishment.)  However, I would dearly have loved to see the conclusion of the 30 for 30 show.  Frankly, I'm pretty ticked off.

Comment:

Please ask Bill Walton to stop talking so much during the basketball games he commentates. I would like to hear and see the games but he is talking through the plays. Thank you