Customer Service Rating
2.04 out of 5 Stars
Based on 208 Votes

Yahoo Complaints

customers have reported 208 problems so far...

Yahoo! is a worldwide internet company that is publicly traded on NASDAQ:YHOO. In addition to internet, Yahoo provides mobile, video, news, sports and social media services. With over 12,500 employees its revenues in 2014 were US 4.6 billion and net income was US 7.5 million. There are 25 countries that host Yahoo offices. I

f you have a problem with any of your Yahoo services find the help page on their website and you will choose from several options. Also, call on the following telephone numbers 1-888-1411-1123 US or 1-800-675-8136 for Australia and Canada. If you would like to write a letter to CEO Marrisa Mayer you may mail her at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.  Headquarters main office number is 408-349-3300 and fax 408-349-3301.

For more information about Yahoo you may visit an info page or you may look at their social media outlets including Facebook (Yahoo Customer Care), Twitter (@YahooCare) and Tumbler.  Founded in 1994 by Jerry Yang and David Filo the Yahoo acronym stands for Yet Another Hierarchically Organized Oracle.  Filo’s girlfriend at the time said it was named for the yahoo race in the book Gulliver’s Travels.

Feedback for Yahoo corporate?

Top 208 Customer Reviews

Experienced poor service? Click here now to visit the Yahoo complaint department.

I am writing in behalf of my clients who discovered sometime April 2016 the unauthorized use of their photo in a banner ad that appears in Yahoo Mail. My clients had never authorized any person or entity, or have given consent to the use of their photo for commercial or private use. As you may be aware, under existing laws, such unauthorized use is tantamount to a violation of my clients' rights, and may sue and/or claim for damages. In this regard, I am attaching herewith the banner ad and the please find below the link to the site when the banner ad is clicked.

Comment (0)

Since Friday my attempts to reply to incoming mail and to "compose" messages destined outwards are being lost because the screen hangs,then freezes,the buffering icon kicks in and then I get some weird "kill it" messages. I would say that currently, 95% of my drafts and replies are lost in this fashion. This does not happen on any other web pages.

Comment (0)

A few weeks ago I couldn't sign in the my yahoo mail. We tried all our passwords and nothing worked. I am finally not impressed with yahoo e-mail. besiders our e-mail doesn't work anymore because of the virus or whatever
so I don't know how you can help with our problem. I have since order another computer because of this and I don't know if its been shipped or not. Thank you very much for screwing up my computer.

Comment (0)

I thought my e-mail site was secure. I have pop-up ads AND videos Now in my supposed secure e-mail. Not only do I not want those ads and videos, you've completely slowed my internet! You advertise speed and deliver poorly. Please take care of this.

Comment (0)

When I am trying to type an e-mal message the pop-up ads keep blocking me from continuing. I get the "Bling" sound, and the little blue circle going around on my screen. I am unable to type at this time. This is not a casual thing. It is a continuous thing, that makes it hard to complete an e-mail. It takes at least three to four times as long to complete an e-mail, which is frustrating. I hope you can resolve this for me. Thank You.

Comment (0)

I totally dislike the e-mail login separated as it is now. Your e-mail name on one page and then you have to go to another page to use password. It's time consuming and inconvenient, especially if you are in a hurry. Why was it changed? Is this the CEO's fault, I thought she would be fired long ago for running Yahoo! into the ground. Can it be put back the way it was so all you have to do is tab and your cursor is moved to the password line?

Comment (0)

Yahoo, are you left just a name? Where are you controls over the garbage is displayed over my page? Common. Internet is a social advertising under the rules of the state. it's not really a business. The price is right. So, why do so much junk over my web page. Please, I like to see only my side. Looks like you all filled with the entire idiots. Go to the mental clinic then, Off the internet, get out or now. So, make it visible.

Take all others junks- links away, off and away! You advertise all junk on my page. What I would think about your staff - Illegal and unprofessional; That's what the yahoo today! Got you. You must like when people have such opinion about your invasion over the internet. Soon you be out. Can't wait till those days, dream about it ! Good people will come and work. Not good luck to you, go to hell, as sooner as better.

Comment (0)

The new homepage yahoo is currently forcing on to everyone, sucks. I know you guys over there know this since all I see online is a disdain for this experiment we are all having to put up with. Why doesn't anyone in charge over there want to listen to the customer/user? This "we don't give a f#@!" attitude that yahoo is currently adopting is going to ruin yahoo. Once people go over to google, most of them you will never get back, so stop screwing around and admit you made a mistake before you lose more people,including the one who is writing this message.

Comment (1)

I am giving you legal notice that a lawsuit is being filed against after you hacked my account, stole my email, & refuse to give me access to the account. Every social media outlet in the world will get a copy of my complaint & eventually you will be out of business for the fraudulent way you run your mickey mouse operation with gestapo like policies.

Comment (0)

Yahoo Arabic edition "maktoob", the politics news always speaking with Muslim brotherhood way (terrorist organization by law in Egypt) as they keep on mentioning Coupe in Egypt even the election raised new president and no one calling coup anymore except this terrorist organization. We are expecting neutral politics site as I'm using yahoo for long time and always yahoo is my homepage.

Comment (0)

I still have pop up annoying ads on yahoo. I will need to cancel service if this is not stops.

Comment (0)

My Yahoo Mail is giving me a problem. When I start typing an email, after a few words it freezes up the typed words show up after some time. The cursor freezes up and then starts up after some time. It is very frustrating and embarrassing as sometimes you think you have typed the word only to find that the word does not contain some of the letters after you have sent off the email.

Comment (0)

The new Yahoo home page is crap. I used to visit yahoo several times a day for the scrolling articles and pictures. Now there are no more pictures of articles to sift through. Am I supposed to scroll down for the same old links? Not a fan, go back to how it used to be.

Comment (4)

I am going to find another email solution to yahoo mail. The scroll of video ads on right eat up my process time and I can not type. Need a solution, tired of dealing with it or moving on.

Comment (0)

I want to know why you quit offering the comics page right after the year was over. I used to be a big fan of Yahoo! and never saw myself complaining.

Comment (0)

Why does Yahoo have to thrive on gossip? I HATE it. All I want is important news, I couldn't give a monkey's about gossip, I don't care and other people's lives are none of my business, why do you intrude on celebrities? You don't know the facts anyway, none of your business and so it should remain. Please stop this. Grow up for God's sake, or I will delete my account. It's such playground stuff and not adult at all, not sensible ones anyway.

Comment (2)

I've been with yahoo many years and never had a problem until now. I have had to change my password and I've completely forgot what it is. I have tried everything to get into it to change it again. When the screen comes up showing my phone number, the last two numbers are wrong, so I have not found out where to go from here. I am giving you permission to send me a message to my husband's email account.

Comment (0)

When using yahoo search there are way to many advertising sites before finding the true search sight. This is very time consuming. I've been searching for 20 years don't know why I have to search though such a mess when I get to the results!

Comment (0)

A Yahoo! technician tried to extort me, told me I would have to pay $179.99 to have Yahoo mail restored. He said my system was infected by a virus through Mozilla Firefox refresh and that everything was wiped out. He said my computer was ruined, including the modem. When I asked him what he meant, I was not understanding what he was saying, he said " before you understood me, but now that I mention money you don't understand me".

Comment (0)

I got an e-mail saying my Yahoo! email account will be cancelled in 24 hours. I never made such a request. Please ignore that request. I tried to reply, it was blocked. I tried to call the customer support number, it was busy. Someone has sent that and I want not to loose my e-mail history of contacts. Let me know what is going on?

Comment (0)

Our school, Morningside Academy at 901 Lenora St, Seattle WA is listed as CLOSED. We are not. Yahoo! needs to do a better job of getting these things right. Tried to call the support line to contact Yahoo! but no answer came back. We do not have a high school, but our school is NOT closed. Thank you for spreading the word so they can hopefully start making this change.

Comment (0)

We are not receiving any mails for the past three days. We have sent many requests to your Bangalore office, but nothing has been done so far. I am unable to contact your Bangalore office by telephone for past three days. We are losing business and our reputation. We are missing important inquiries. Our customers all over the world have been complaining that all mails sent to us have 'bounced'. We have informed them that our mail is through YAHOO and they are not able to help us. Can we really depend up on YAHOO or you suggest we switch over to some other service providers. Can you really do something? Please let us know what has to be done to get back our domain from you. We had purchased it from Net4. Can I expect a reply?

Comment (0)

I am getting hundreds (anywhere from 125 to 200) of failure to deliever notices dumped into my e-mail in-box more than once a day for e-mails I did not send! They usually show up on log-in in the early AM and then again mid-day. Definitely am a fan of Yahoo! email but this is getting annoying. Is there a support line I can call to get someone to walk me through this problem?

Comment (1)

I hate the new Yahoo mail format. It's just rubbish. The main reason I always used yahoo was because I liked the way email was laid out. Please please change it back I don't really want to change my mail address and go back to gmail but I will if I have to.

Comment (0)

I am fed up each time I travel to a different country or region and to have to confirm my identity via a call or text to Yahoo! every single time. I can't always take my mobile phone with me. I travel a lot and I am fed up with this security nonsense. I need to access my email immediately and yet again I am asked for a code to be sent to my phone. I need to log on to get an address for my hotel and directions sent to me by email and I cannot access this. I have not got my mobile with me here in Phuket, Thailand. Accept the fact on this email address I travel a lot. Will you stop asking me for a code and just accept the fact I travel a lot. Please just let me log on to my email server.

Comment (0)

Someone is using my email address. I, myself, am receiving 6 to 8 daily. You can tell who bought you by the fact Yahoo no longer has a customer service who can help you solve your problem. The 3 time I tried for assistance I actually got someone who tried. They had access to my computer and saw the emails (which every email is selling something else) and had me change my password. Still getting emails. I have also sent letters to the two names that was posted on one of the emails your staff opened. Address no good and were returned. How do I stop this. I shouldn't have to change my email address - it is your site and it is up to you to find and report the person who is doing this.

Comment (0)

I started receiving obscene emails, usually in my spam folder. The emails were listed as coming from my email address. I tried to change my password but was blocked from doing so. I went through the long procedure of getting an email to yahoo customer care and then contacting the official support line. The main issue was the obscene emails. The second issue was the inability to change my password. Yahoo informed after a few days that they had solved the problem of not being able to change my password. They did not refer to the obscene emails that apparently came from my email address. They informed me the case was therefor closed. When I tried to reply to the failure to resolve that problem I was told to start a new complaint as the case was closed. After two hours of going round in circles I could not find any way of being able to re-open the old case or start a new case as there was no link or answer to that problem of the obscene emails from my address. I am so frustrated and angry that there is no way through the yahoo system to contact them on the closed case. (unresolved) or find a way to contact them direct. I am forced to consider closing that account which will need me to open a new account and spend hours contacting my contacts. I appreciate yahoo is a huge company but customers need to be able to make contact as in this case.

Comment (0)

I am very pleased and have been for a long time with yahoo . However do you EVER check to see who is advertising on your site? If not I suggest you look through and delete or block all the scams which are on it. I had a problem with an order from Amazon and I was looking to speak to someone from Amazon and typed Amazon.com in the Yahoo space (my mistake big time) I got the site that said Amazon.com with a telephone number for it. I called and could not understand the accents of these men who were telling me they would fix it etc.

I kept saying I couldn't understand them and hung up. I finally learned that it was a bogus number on Yahoo for amazon and it was those rotten guys from India who were trying to get my information. It was a SCAM that was listed on your web site. I was annoyed to think you do not check these people using your site and have them verify their legitimacy. They said they were customer service for Amazon which of course they were not. After about 10 minutes and not understanding them I called my Geek service. Fortunately no harm... at least not up to this point which happened yesterday.

Comment (0)

Just recently, every time I go to get online with Yahoo, Avg comes up and says I have to actually type in yahoo.com before I can go any father. I didn't ask for this chance and I definitely do not like it . Is there a way to switch it back to the way it was? I don't even like avg and I don't want it. I have my own antivirus and have no idea why it has changed. Please help.

Comment (0)

I can't access my email account. I haven't changed my password, but everytime I try to access it, it tells me the password is wrong. When I try to change my password so I can get into my account again, it sends me to my yahoo account and I don't know the password for that, and when I try to fix it, the information on how to fix it is sent to my email which I can't access. I haven't changed anything, so I think the problem is with yahoo.

Comment (0)

I feel that all the ads surrounding articles is slowing down delivery of said articles. Half the time I don't bother reading the article. Pretty poor delivery on Yahoo's part. Today my big beef is in my mail. Mail for me has become hit and miss, mostly miss. Lost so much e-mail as it just disappears from my screen never to be seen again. Very irritating when one types out 3 or 4 sentences and it suddenly disappears. When perusing articles posted by yahoo, until ads are finished filling in one gets nothing! Time lapse of 30 seconds of ads is way too much. Especially when the ads are repeated over and over. I don't have the time to sit through all that. I have a life to live. If I wanted to see these advertisements I would buy a magazine and read them, in fact a magazine is better as there I have a choice. I am looking for a more discerning server, one who will cater more to the customer and less to the advertisers!

Comment (3)

For about the past 3 weeks when I open an email using my iPad and then try to clink on a link in that email, more times than not the mail app shuts down completely taking me back to my desk top. So I have to re-open the mail app, click on the email to open it, click on the link and it just shuts down again. Sometimes it works, but most of the time I get shut out. This has become aggravating to the point that I'm seriously contemplating the hassle of changing email providers. If this doesn't get fixed VERY soon Yahoo will be loosing a long time user.

Comment (0)

My E-Mail has been invaded by hundreds of messages from Local Flavor.com. I don't know how they got my e-mail address. I tried calling them, they answer the phone, and then leave you waiting on the line, its so like a ploy.

I feel helpless about the situation. I also wish you would make it easier to complain about something, Like a icon that says complaint department. I do get many messages out of know-where, but none are so intrusive. I really feel this is an invasion to my privacy.

I hope you can help me. I may have to change my e-mail address, Please E-Mail me about what you can do.

Comment (0)

I am very frustrated with the advertisement every time I go to my home page. If I want an Apple watch I will look into it, but I don't really want it. I use your web page for the reasons I like: going to get news, mail and things I am interested in, not for someone or some company that wants to sell me. Have a separate page for your advertising instead of taking up my home page, Google is taking over incase you have not notice.

Just so you know if this is your way to the future, I will be changing my home page e-mail address and anything to stop the BS I don't care about. I do know Apple is paying you for that top slot, but I have used this as my home page for years. All things change and maybe its time for me to move on. Also, I really don't expect a reply, you are to busy for the little guy. All for the dollar!!!!!

Comment (0)

You get minus 10 damn stars. I have had enough of your annoying, offensive, popup advertisements. One of which I am now looking at to my right all about Resting In Peace. Several years ago, I was on AOL, but the combination of them and their Hughes Net idiots made me fire them and switch over to you. Now, your popups are everywhere and I have to wait forever for anything to load and no matter what comments I place in the X you continue to bombard me with your stupid popup advertisements. This is an invasion of my privacy and most likely, illegal. This is something I will be investigating and reporting to the proper Federal Agencies.

Not sure if you keep up with current events, but Verizon just bought AOL and there is this other carrier called G-Mail. Whatever do I need to do to stop this never ending deluge of advertising that I have to fight to get to my reason for using your increasingly useless site? I see you have several thousand complaints about this on your web site already, that should tell you something.

Comment (1)

I have made several request of Yahoo regarding my account. All have gone unattended. I want to know why you keep changing the YAHOO site. I asked my site remain as it was, since I have to pay for it; I'd like to keep it the way I can best use and understand it.

You refused to respond to request, and have refused to address my complaint. Now, you have recently changed the site/mail, again! And you have made it even more difficult to find past and present e-mails. Why do you keep changing the mailing and sending and receiving part of YAHOO?

And it takes forever to access old e-mails. Annoying!

Comment (0)

I have not been able to get to my My Yahoo custom page for three days now. I keep getting the following banner on the top of the screen. "We're sorry! Your customized page is temporarily unavailable. Please refresh or try again later." I am able to get into my Yahoo account with my password but unable to get to my customized page.

This apparently is a systemic issue with Yahoo customers. So far, I have not been able to reach a live person at Yahoo to complain about this. Yahoo customers are to say the least very angry and upset over such poor support from Yahoo! What gives?

Comment (0)

My email has been hacked and need it sorted. People phoning me to ask if I'm ok and why am I in the Philippines and do I need financial help.

Comment (0)

I do not want when I am typing the mail address of the person I want to send a mail that other mail addresses do appear. This is not convenient at all and I am losing time to try to escape the pop up that is coming. I want that you remove such pop up that I have never asked for. In case you do not do it, I will take an account on another competitor of Yahoo.

Comment (0)

I have been locked out of my email account. I called a number and it was from India, and a very rude person ask if he could take control of my computer and that will never happen. Also any time I get locked out of my email account or if it has been a week since I logged in I have to get a text message and if you mess up on that it will lock you out. I feel like that Yahoo doesn't care about people and are loosing their credibility. I wish that there was a real American that I could talk to and just real disappointed in Yahoo since they went to the new email system.

Comment (0)

My email was hacked for the past days and it has not being easy with my office work as all my official email are being tampered and wrongly used. I have being receiving complaints from our partners and friends of attempt to defraud them using my name.

Am scheduled to attend a United Nations summit this month in New York and other events in Europe as part of our CLIMATE CHANGE PROJECT as part of the work we do but unfortunately everything remains on hold as we are facing embarrassing situation right away. My invitations and other sensitive documents are all warehoused in the email.

kindly help me to block the email and possibly send a retrieve information to my gmail address.

Comment (1)

I called Yahoo tech-support and the way I was treated there I was not very happy with it and I got hung up on by him I was trying to explain my problem I was having. When I called back they would not pick up the phone, they would not try and help me. I'm not very happy with the way I was treated by your tech-support. They may not have anything to do with you, but it was very ignorant the way they acted

Comment (1)

I ordered The Bowery Boys and the first year of Lucy dvds from the Classic Theatre.com on 4/17/2015. I paid $39.98. I have not received either dvds. I have emailed the company 3 times with no response. Either I get my money back or they send the dvds asap.

Comment (0)

I can not access my email. I can get to the page where it exist but refuses to allow me to see any of it. I am a US Citizen living in Australia, and trying to set things up back in the States my banks all are aware I am here and doing business back in the States. SO DONT seize my emails. If I have to will report to the attorney generals office. This is a violation of my rights. Thank you and see what you can do to fix the problem.

Comment (0)

I am currently with BT Internet. Yahoo runs the mail section and has recently introduced an 'improved' system which is a complete shambles. Access to any given email is twice as difficult and takes twice as long. Emails in a 'conversation' are lumped together so that finding them is a time consuming and irritating process.. Even something as simple as editing an email that I am writing now requires at least two attempts as every time I try to insert my cursor the email shoots off the page. I will be switching to another internet service provider very shortly.

Comment (0)

I'm very upset with Yahoo sports. It's a voice add on every call-up I go to view. All I want is the scores on MLB but there is a advertisement just to see the scores of games. It's overbearing and I'm sick of all the adds. Guess it's time to change to ESPN Sports and just stop using Yahoo. Please review all these adds on every viewing in Yahoo.sports.

Comment (0)

How come lately it asks me to sign in every time I want to read my mail? Then when I start to read my mail, it says my time is up and to reenter my password and username. I have been a yahoo member for years and even when I check the 'Keep me checked in" it still asks me to sign in. This gets me mad.

Comment (0)

I note that you have apparently dropped the little markers on sites that discriminate between actual news stories and sponsored items. I object to this decision which further blurs the difference between truth and fiction. It appears that Yahoo is moving further into the land of advertizing fantasy. One specific example are the current "news" stories predicting a calamitous collapse of the US economy which are really designed to panic small investors into switching their investments to those being promoted by the sponsors of these stories. For shame! Money isn't everything. Your integrity as a news reporting organization should be of some value to you.

Comment (0)

Cannot login into Flickr. Keep going round in circles, this has been going on for months since they removed their 'sign in with Facebook' feature. I keep getting a notification saying I need to remove a certain Email address before signing in but do not know how to. I cannot find any where I can send then an Email for help. I have also cancelled my Flickr membership and will never sign up to anything related to Yahoo again. I am not the only one with this issue and am yet to find anywhere with such a complicated login process!

Comment (0)

Every time i tried to log on to my yahoo messenger is saying it be locked and i need it to be able to chat to my yahoo messenger friends as i tried so many times now to get my yahoo messenger back with know luck at all and i don't like to complain but i had it with yahoo and i see again the change my yahoo mail again with out saying any thing and again it said i had 11 mail messages but when i go to may mail box it empty ever time so it about time yahoo sorted out these problems i am having every single day now.

Contact the Yahoo Complaint Department