Customer Satisfaction Results

Yahoo

Complaint Department

Posted by hermelinda shumate on Jan 14, 2015
Customer Rating

I don't know how my previous yahoo account that i had for the past year had wipped out suddenly. My old yahoo account contains all my important contacts and responses from my job applications. I need to my yahoo account back; which was hermelinda.shumate@yahoo.com. my new account that i resently got is also screwed up, new yahoo e mail is : hermelinda.shumate61@yahoo.com is also not working. i want you to know that i have tried more than 20 times to get in no luck or with cust. phone#.

15 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Yahoo provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Yahoo?

Compare Yahoo to Similar Internet Services more...

More Yahoo Complaints

Customer Rating

This ad is for "blackline elite" and "Refuel extreme" or "metaboost" or "No2 blast" or any number of other bogus products that this sponsor has advertised as news? The products boldly advertises free trials. If you read the fine print (you have to read the terms and conditions on another page) you start automatically getting charged more than $199 unless you jump through hoops to cancel and return the product in 14 days. In addition I am sure the endorsements are bogus as they change as they change the product name. Also there is always an ESPN "test" associated with the products which get renamed frequently. You need to check with ESPN and the other endorsers and to verify the veracity of these ads as they are obviously false and are designed to fool your (YAHOO) subscribers into thinking they are getting "free" trials that will end up costing them $199+ heartache and frustration. Your sponsor -who is unnamed" indemnifies themselves in the fine print. I doubt that YAHOO is equally indemnified. These ADs are a disservice to your subscribers.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Hi, I like Yahoo but do not like the latest email format. I would like to go back to the old way. I don`t like what email I just sent to somebody sent back to me. I don`t know how to change that. The continuous lines of conversation is not good for me. I`m having trouble sending a received email to another friend without all the previous conversation. Sometimes I only want to send just the photos on to somebody else. It is too much clutter. After I send an email to someone, I don`t need to see it sent back to me. I can just look in Sent file if I want to know if it was sent. Do I make myself clear? I not that computer literate. Phyllis Holmes.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

… I’m being being pushed around by Yahoo staffers, constantly harassed with log-in alerts, locking my account. Once locked, there’s no way to unlock it. So, you create a new account. And, then they lock it, again. I have a feeling yahoo employees are passing their time, locking our accounts, so they can make a grab for our contact lists, and read our mail — asj.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Dear Sir or Madam,

I understand that Yahoo needs to run ads to make money and survive, but lately I've been getting an ad that shows a photo of a severed human testicle, being held in someone's hand. It's advertising some health website's message about testicular health. I really don't want to see this. Could you please ask them to change their picture to something less horrible? If you like I'll get you the name of the client.

Katherine Roddy

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I am so frustrated with the inability to get anyone at yahoo to talk to i’m probably going to switch browsers !!!!! You have grown beyond your co’s ability to give customer service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For 3 days I have tried to call only to here you can’t get to me because of call volume.That tells me you have some serious customer care problems but does not solve mine !I try to get on the browser and get a page that say “there is a problem getting on” ! I know that but then it goes to yahoo after about a 15 second wait ??????????????? I would never recommend Yahoo because one can’t get help at all let alone a little late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Alan Butterbaugh on 03/22/2014 at IP address 75.179.191.37 using our Yahoo complaint form. This opinions contained in this Yahoo customer review titled, “Service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Usually, when I start to enter the address of a contact, yahoo automatically finishes the address for me. For example, if I enter “D”, it brings up the Daves, Dans, and anyone with a name starting with a “D”.
However, for no apparent reason, Yahoo doesn’t perform this much appreciated service. WHY???

Customer Rating

Friday March 21, 2014, I could not retrieve my email messages. I called yahoo tech support at 1-855-854-1405 spoke to Mark who was hesitant to give me his id number. He told me he would once I paid $300.00 and he installed anti virus which lasts 2 years and antihacker soltware. Being I already pay for all this and have Sophos, I told mark I had to investigate and call him back. In the meantime I called my technician who said do a Soophos chek which I did. While on the phone with my tech, calls were coming in my email was hacked stating I was robbed of $10,.000 and needed money to call me at 7242280192. This went to all my email friends. I called Yahoo.and stayed on hold for 3 hrs. I called microsoft holding 2 hrs. to no avail. No one responded. I called my 24hr tech who said take my computer in Sat. a.m. . They went through it, cleaned out 3 viruses and I am still locked out of Yahoo and facebook. I get a message error http 500 on Yahoo. I cannot get in. I have been calling Yahoo help center daily and it is now 4 days later and I cannot get anyone. They are too busy to take calls. It is Monday and neither my husband nor I can get into our Yahoo accts though he can get facebook. I reported this to my bank, the state police, the Federal Trades Commission, The Attorney general and now you. This is ridiculous to be out of my accts this long. I am blocked and I need prompt help to do my work. Please help me! The sites on Facebook and Yahoo for help should be secure. No one should have to suffer because of dishonest techs who can compromise one’s information. Yahoo.com should be held accountable for fraud. This man exposed my phone number and placed me in harm’s way. I want my accounts safe and secure and functional. I am still calling yahoo help support at 1-800-318-0612 and as I said, they will not take calls. My sites need unlocked and only they can do so, I can’t use a cell phone number, I have none. My old one is gone. I should never had to put one on here in the first place.

Customer Rating

I recently found out that my mail was hacked into a few months ago. I changed the password but still had the same hacking problem. Now Yahoo is threatening to close my account. I have been using yahoo for 10 years. I need some help here with this problem. Thank you.

Customer Rating

Cannot get mail and this is driving my crazy. Connection to the server failed with Yahoo!

Customer Rating

When are you going to actually boot these racists off! Today's example is from a post made by Bob on the article "video shows motorist pulled from car, beaten by officers" and he is not even censored for saying nigger!!!!!! here is is post "All you have to do is listen and you can go on your way. But for some reason niggers won't listen and do as their told, and things like this happens. I don't get it I guess their just stupid." NOW ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!!

Customer Rating

Your ads are extremely intrusive immediately take up most of my screen. Very annoying and intrusive. If not changed, I can always use another browser. Yahoo is not without competiion. I have left feedback in the past and apparently, this does not concern Yahoo. Please make your ads less intrusive and annoying when we logon to your site. I have always liked Yahoo as my home page, but I can make other arragements, if necessary. Thank you, if this ever gets read and acted upon. Maybe Yahoo is like other copoprate america businesses and just doesn't care. Really?? Without us, you wouldn't have an audiennce.

Customer Rating

I cannot get rid of the Fabletics ad that is in the articles. I hate that ad, yet I receive it constantly. It is an ad that usually focuses on a woman's butt in Fabletic spandex. I am aware that i am a woman. Why Yahoo thinks I want to see the image of a woman's spandex butt is beyond me. Plus, it's embedded in most articles. It doesn't matter what the article is about. A new candidate for President? A picture of a woman's butt in spandex is embedded in the story. Train collision? Spandex butt. Some one shot dead? Spandex butt. Cat rescued? Spandex butt. New drug trial? Spandex butt. Weather report? Spandex butt. I want to stay with Yahoo, but I can't. There used to be a way to provide feedback directly to Yahoo about posted content by going to the bottom of the page, but that isn't always available. Yahoo does not screen it's fashion images. Pictures of women's breasts completely uncovered is not fashionable. I don't care if the Grand Poobah of Fashionistas created the look for NY Fashion week, naked breasts is a no no.

Customer Rating

I’m really frustrated with the new yahoo email site. It used to work really well, and fast, but I don’t know if you’ve recently created a new update for it or something but the display was all changed (which isn’t what bothered me) and the site itself was five times slower than before. It takes me forever to log on to my email and then even more time for the site to load. Scrolling down to look in my inbox takes forever, it’s constantly freezing then it tells me yahoo page is not working and I have to exit out and bring it up all over again. On top of that- I can’t even open it on a mobile device because it just freezes before I do anything. It does that on my computer too though whenever I go to open it- so all in all the new yahoo email site is really, really horrible and really frustrated and I would really appreciate it as a yahoo email user if you fixed or converted it back to how it was.

Customer Rating

Anytime there is a problem with your account there is no way of contacting anyone personally besides their stupid email and the problem never gets resolved. Poor business from Yahoo!

Customer Rating

I need someone to explain why I had a working email account yesterday and today cant use it wont let me reset password had to set up new account I have emails in that account that are important that I saved but cannot now access them. Called your tech support no help at all. One of them even wanted to charge me a fee to fix it I want to reset the password on the address above. Send response to @yahoo.com Please work on to customer service People want to talk to someone, and when they finally get to talk to them, they would like to be able to understand them

Customer Rating

My account was locked and all my updata info was changed back so I can't access my account. I have tried using Yahoo's crap support a nd still nothing. Tried to contact by phone and was sent over to a recording telling me to use help.yahoo.com still same no help. If yahoo wonders why they are 2nd rate this is why no service. I will be going to bing or google so I can get help when needed. I have had this account since 1994 and it has all my contacts that I will loose due to incomptanance on Yahoo's part. I would suggest to everyone that they drop yahoo and let it die off. Good riddance of bad customer service.

Customer Rating

Yahoo deactivated my account and I am not able to get access to my emails and all of my personal. business, medical, e-books, pictures and etc. I have over ten (10) years of important documents and business resumes. I tried to contacted yahoo by phone and got a voice message that says they do not take phone calls any longer and you will have to get help online. I also tried there online process and they have been giving me the run around, not responding to my request, closing my request and saying that it has been resolved but I still do not have my account re-instated. has been going on for over two weeks now and I have not been able to get in contact with anyone at yahoo. I do know where else to go. I must get my account I need my personal information.

Customer Rating

I tried to delete my yahoo account and it didn't let me do it. So can you delete it for me please.

Customer Rating

My home page has been reformatted and I hate it and don't know how to change it back. If not I will have to find another site. I liked it the way it was.

Customer Rating

i changed my password because that masage requesting me to change my password kept popping.and i jus changed my pssword because i was tired of that pop up text.the problem is i have forgotten my passwoerd and cannot remember the password of my alternative email.now how will i ever access my emails because if it wasnt for that pop up masage i would hve never changed my password.

Contact the Yahoo Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Yahoo. What is their corporate mailing address?

701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
  • I want to call the Yahoo customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

408-349-3300
  • I need to visit the Yahoo company website. What is their website address?