Customer Service Rating
2.03 out of 5 Stars
Based on 229 Votes

Yahoo! Complaints

send your feedback directly to the corporate office

Yahoo! is a worldwide internet company that is publicly traded on NASDAQ:YHOO. In addition to internet, Yahoo provides mobile, video, news, sports and social media services. With over 12,500 employees its revenues in 2014 were US 4.6 billion and net income was US 7.5 million. There are 25 countries that host Yahoo offices.

If you have a problem with any of your Yahoo services find the help page on their website and you will choose from several options. Also, call on the following telephone numbers 1-888-1411-1123 US or 1-800-675-8136 for Australia and Canada. If you would like to write a letter to CEO Marrisa Mayer you may mail her at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.  Headquarters main office number is 408-349-3300 and fax 408-349-3301.

For more information about Yahoo you may visit an info page or you may look at their social media outlets including Facebook (Yahoo Customer Care), Twitter (@YahooCare) and Tumbler.  Founded in 1994 by Jerry Yang and David Filo the Yahoo acronym stands for Yet Another Hierarchically Organized Oracle.  Filo’s girlfriend at the time said it was named for the yahoo race in the book Gulliver’s Travels.

Is Yahoo! ripping you off?

File your complaint here first!

Yahoo! Contact Information

The best way to reach a live person fast
  • Corporate headquarters address

408-349-3300

• Hours of operation

24 hours a day, 7 days a week by email or chat

Top 229 Yahoo! Customer Service Reviews

Recent consumer ratings and reviews submitted online

Lost all my emails prior to June 24th. I had emails dating back to 2008 and I have nothing now. Filed a request 5 times within a week to help retrieve them before the 7-day deadline and never got a response from anyone at Yahoo. Yahoo! management has the worst customer service. Thanks a lot Yahoo, I will be changing my email address now.

Comment (0)

Much of the time when I access a news article and start to read it, I have to click on "Read More" to access anything past the introductory paragraph. Then in doing so, I'm usually denied reading the article because I don't subscribe to the source. Why post an article in your news section if I can't read it.

Comment (0)

Who are the losers that redesigned these pages? This was the best financial website on the internet. Everything was right where it should be, concise an clear. The person that designed these pages knew what they were doing long ago, that's why they haven't been changed. Then you clowns wrecked the home page about a year ago.

Now you change things again, it's a jumbled mess with lots of info missing on each individual stock page. I take it a 12 year old designed these who doesn't have any knowledge about investments. Go back to playing games.

I want the original pages back, might as well go to Google, they are just as incompetent as this, and always have been. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then find someone with some Knowledge of investments. They will tell you what is right with the original pages, and just how crappy these new pages are!

Comment (0)

What was Yahoo thinking? The new format is unmanageable, and not at all "user friendly." No wonder you have a one star rating. I do have sympathy for those that have to read these complaints, as I was in customer service. Friends and family that use Yahoo are all up in arms, and will likely go to other sources. One star. What was Yahoo thinking when it altered the e:mail format so drastically? Friends and family that use Yahoo are rethinking.

Comment (0)

I know you need advertising, but after I listen to it, and then video starts, 1/2 way through the video, your damn add starts again and there is no way to stop it. This is nuts. Fix your programming so that once we see the add and start the video news feed, we dont have to listen to the add in the middle of the video. If it keeps up, im going to move my home page to MSN.

Comment (0)

I followed your convoluted instructions for changing my password. At one point your system said I was successful. Now I cannot sign in. I would not give you even one star. This is like letting the mice feed the cat. You should be able to fix your own issues there. IF your system accepted my new password today then it should be available to you. Apparently not ....you don't accept the password you claimed was successfully changed.

With your recent changes to this page makes it madding to just pick up the information like you could before. When I am looking for the box score I don't want to know what happened each inning with each player. Just the summary as it use to be if I want details I will watch the game. I further ask that you delete any other user name I may have had in the past. Thus I would only have the name. I would think that you then could figure out why your system is not recognizing what it agreed was my new password. Frustrated and irritated to the hilt.Do not send me to some stupid community site.

Comment (0)

Have been receiving mail supposedly from Yahoo informing of my intention to terminate my yahoo mail service. A form is provided to fill in my yahoo mail user name and to key and confirm the access password. Having submitted the above with provided writings that I did not make such request, the next day I received a mail from Yahoo informing me that there was an attempt to log into my mail in Turkey. A few hours later I received a similar mail informing me again of my intention to terminate my yahoo mail service. Kindly confirm if this is a spam mail.

Comment (0)

I am writing in behalf of my clients who discovered sometime April 2016 the unauthorized use of their photo in a banner ad that appears in Yahoo Mail. My clients had never authorized any person or entity, or have given consent to the use of their photo for commercial or private use. As you may be aware, under existing laws, such unauthorized use is tantamount to a violation of my clients' rights, and may sue and/or claim for damages. In this regard, I am attaching herewith the banner ad and the please find below the link to the site when the banner ad is clicked.

Comment (0)

It is frustrating to start to read something then get a "to read more notice" and when you to that page there is a statement that if you want to read the remainder you need to subscribe to a news paper. If I wanted a subscription to the New York Times, the Miami Herald or the Los Angles Times, I would get it. I depend on Yahoo for my news from other sources besides my local newspaper.

Comment (0)

Since Friday my attempts to reply to incoming mail and to "compose" messages destined outwards are being lost because the screen hangs,then freezes,the buffering icon kicks in and then I get some weird "kill it" messages. I would say that currently, 95% of my drafts and replies are lost in this fashion. This does not happen on any other web pages.

Comment (0)

When I open my email inbox, there is a narrow column listing the emails I've received, but three-fourths of the page is taken up by a square with a small icon representing an envelope in the center. Why would anyone want that much blank space on their screen? Your "improvements" are getting worse and worse. My e-mails are not in my box for 3 days now. No pass word gets me in my e-mails. There was a number popped up too help me, and it was the same program as before when they hacked me the first time.

They use a worm program too scare people into letting them in their computers and too buy their fix it program too get me back into my e-mail and clean my machine up. I hung up on them 3 days ago now. and they have taken my e-mails from yahoo, Incredimail and gmail. I can't get in no e-mail in these places. And no pass word works of mine. and trying too get help from yahoo help pages is a joke. sorry, but send me a code?

How can I get that code if I can't sign into my e-mail? Please, and I don't have a dang cell phone. That needs too change, I only have a home phone like million others that I have read their complaints about the same thing. I tried making a new account, no good either. But I really do want my e-mail address and the pass word I can change if you all can help me get this all back too normal for me. There use too be a page years ago, where you could change your pass word without such a dang hassle. Please redo your lost password settings and correct the mobile number. Not everyone has a dang cell phone. If password isn't acceptable, how can a yahoo person get anywhere in gaining back what was lost?

Comment (0)

I use Yahoo News as my homepage. It used to have a link to local news, which I used daily. A couple of weeks ago Yahoo dropped the Local link from the page and there does not seem to be any alternative means of accessing the same kind of coverage you used to provide. This was a mistake and you should restore local news to your news page. If you don't, I'll find another homepage.

I use yahoo almost all the time and have for years. I have gotten use to all the ads, I realize you have to make money some how. Now you have ads that will come on with loud music or people talking loud in the middle of the night,or during the day when the computer is at rest. These ads are going to far. They are breaking all the rules of privacy. I know I can't stop you from using these ads, but I don't have to use your service either.

Comment (0)

A few weeks ago I couldn't sign in the my yahoo mail. We tried all our passwords and nothing worked. I am finally not impressed with yahoo e-mail. besiders our e-mail doesn't work anymore because of the virus or whatever
so I don't know how you can help with our problem. I have since order another computer because of this and I don't know if its been shipped or not. Thank you very much for screwing up my computer.

Comment (0)

I have another email on yahoo. I cannot login without the user name and password. To login it was requested by yahoo to verify the email through the alternative email which was already expired and not on use, even registered phone was cancelled. I need to log in and update my alternative email and phone number.

Comment (0)

I thought my e-mail site was secure. I have pop-up ads AND videos Now in my supposed secure e-mail. Not only do I not want those ads and videos, you've completely slowed my internet! You advertise speed and deliver poorly. Please take care of this.

Comment (0)

When I am trying to type an e-mal message the pop-up ads keep blocking me from continuing. I get the "Bling" sound, and the little blue circle going around on my screen. I am unable to type at this time. This is not a casual thing. It is a continuous thing, that makes it hard to complete an e-mail. It takes at least three to four times as long to complete an e-mail, which is frustrating. I hope you can resolve this for me. Thank You.

Comment (0)

I totally dislike the e-mail login separated as it is now. Your e-mail name on one page and then you have to go to another page to use password. It's time consuming and inconvenient, especially if you are in a hurry. Why was it changed? Is this the CEO's fault, I thought she would be fired long ago for running Yahoo! into the ground. Can it be put back the way it was so all you have to do is tab and your cursor is moved to the password line?

Comment (0)

Yahoo, are you left just a name? Where are you controls over the garbage is displayed over my page? Common. Internet is a social advertising under the rules of the state. it's not really a business. The price is right. So, why do so much junk over my web page. Please, I like to see only my side. Looks like you all filled with the entire idiots. Go to the mental clinic then, Off the internet, get out or now. So, make it visible.

Take all others junks- links away, off and away! You advertise all junk on my page. What I would think about your staff - Illegal and unprofessional; That's what the yahoo today! Got you. You must like when people have such opinion about your invasion over the internet. Soon you be out. Can't wait till those days, dream about it ! Good people will come and work. Not good luck to you, go to hell, as sooner as better.

Comment (2)

The new homepage yahoo is currently forcing on to everyone, sucks. I know you guys over there know this since all I see online is a disdain for this experiment we are all having to put up with. Why doesn't anyone in charge over there want to listen to the customer/user? This "we don't give a f#@!" attitude that yahoo is currently adopting is going to ruin yahoo. Once people go over to google, most of them you will never get back, so stop screwing around and admit you made a mistake before you lose more people,including the one who is writing this message.

Comment (3)

I am giving you legal notice that a lawsuit is being filed against after you hacked my account, stole my email, & refuse to give me access to the account. Every social media outlet in the world will get a copy of my complaint & eventually you will be out of business for the fraudulent way you run your mickey mouse operation with gestapo like policies.

Comment (0)

Yahoo Arabic edition "maktoob", the politics news always speaking with Muslim brotherhood way (terrorist organization by law in Egypt) as they keep on mentioning Coupe in Egypt even the election raised new president and no one calling coup anymore except this terrorist organization. We are expecting neutral politics site as I'm using yahoo for long time and always yahoo is my homepage.

Comment (0)

I still have pop up annoying ads on yahoo. I will need to cancel service if this is not stops.

Comment (0)

My web page with Internet Explorer does not look right. The writing is in big block writing and I have to click on the news portion each time I want to view them. It use to be that I could just scroll thru the news, but now each news item has icons that show twitter, comment, etc. All of my family has the version that I use to have, and now I have this downgraded version to deal with. I would like to have this fixed if possible.

Comment (0)

My Yahoo Mail is giving me a problem. When I start typing an email, after a few words it freezes up the typed words show up after some time. The cursor freezes up and then starts up after some time. It is very frustrating and embarrassing as sometimes you think you have typed the word only to find that the word does not contain some of the letters after you have sent off the email.

Comment (0)

What happened to the ability to make articles disappear? I don't want to see photos of animal cruelty-- I don't want to click through to this, I don't want my children to see this. This is awful. Please bring back my ability to disappear things like this.

Comment (0)

The new Yahoo home page is crap. I used to visit yahoo several times a day for the scrolling articles and pictures. Now there are no more pictures of articles to sift through. Am I supposed to scroll down for the same old links? Not a fan, go back to how it used to be.

Comment (4)

I'm tired of Yahoo continually changing the Yahoo Main Page and email formats. You just start to understand them and are able to find your way around and boom! They have changed. I'm a very busy person and don't have time to sit and read all the articles on the Home Page. I loved the fact that you could use the arrows to scan through all the recent new items in the little boxes and stop on the one that interested you. Now there are only three. Of course you have to see an add for everything you want to look at. I think I will go back to the printed Newspaper and forget Yahoo. At least I can scan it and read just what I want.

Comment (0)

I am going to find another email solution to yahoo mail. The scroll of video ads on right eat up my process time and I can not type. Need a solution, tired of dealing with it or moving on.

Comment (0)

I want to know why you quit offering the comics page right after the year was over. I used to be a big fan of Yahoo! and never saw myself complaining.

Comment (0)

Why does Yahoo have to thrive on gossip? I HATE it. All I want is important news, I couldn't give a monkey's about gossip, I don't care and other people's lives are none of my business, why do you intrude on celebrities? You don't know the facts anyway, none of your business and so it should remain. Please stop this. Grow up for God's sake, or I will delete my account. It's such playground stuff and not adult at all, not sensible ones anyway.

Comment (2)

When I try and access My Yahoo home page on my Samsung 4 mobile phone I receive a message "We're sorry! your customized page is temporarily unavailable". I have been receiving the message for days. I have had the phone for over two years and never experienced the problem before.

Comment (0)

I am constantly overloaded with update down loads that can lock up my computer for hours. A recent occurrence with 75 downloads took 14 hours. This is followed by a period of not being able to open my accounts, having to confirm my identity, change passwords and other inconveniences. Please do not tell me this is necessary to to preserve security. In Malta last year my Surface tablet got completely frozen up because you had 'noticed some unusual activity', simply because I was traveling in foreign parts.

No one could unlock it and to continue my travels I had to spend NZ$1000 on a new computer. (eventually, in England I found an expert who opened it up and got it going again but in the process I lost all my data, simply because you could not accept I was out of my home territory. ). Then in Hungary you again asked me to confirm my identity by getting a text from another account, Gmail, only to have them do the same thing, so locking each other up. The only solution was to open new accounts, again with the loss of access to data essential to travel.

Perhaps the internet and your systems are not intended for the casual user such a myself, elderly, not interested in Facebook, YouTube, and other social media. But you being in the communications industry and have acquired a virtual monopoly by default, and design, should take account of a larger range of user capabilities, many who do not have familiarity with much of the terminology and jargon or have ready access to solutions when problems arise. So many of my problems are a direct result of your shortcomings. I have wasted three hours today with having to constantly identify myself with verification texts, and changing my password four times, to say nothing of problems trying to find out what my Microsoft password is. You probably have a better idea why my password of the moment is than I do.

I would for one thing like to know what all the updates are for, and why my use of my computer is blocked while this is going on, regardless any urgency I may have. I have tried to anticipate this and initiate the downed loads at a time when I know I am not going to need to go on line. This does not work as expected. I could go on. I have in similar vein done so in the past, to no avail. I have challenged a reader to respond but it has not happened. I do not expect this to be any different. It will be scanned by a computer and deleted. Its only value had been for me to calm my anger at so much wasted time and mental energy when I feel like smashing the computer as a futile gesture of dubious value only to myself.

The only thing that has stopped me trying Apple or Android or some other system is inertia; I would have to learn to find my way around another complex of problems. I lament the loss of Windows XP. That was a pleasure to use. Everything since has ben a dogs breakfast. I hope I have not wasted someone's time with 'this. If I have, surprise me and respond.

Comment (0)

I've been with yahoo many years and never had a problem until now. I have had to change my password and I've completely forgot what it is. I have tried everything to get into it to change it again. When the screen comes up showing my phone number, the last two numbers are wrong, so I have not found out where to go from here. I am giving you permission to send me a message to my husband's email account.

Comment (0)

When using yahoo search there are way to many advertising sites before finding the true search sight. This is very time consuming. I've been searching for 20 years don't know why I have to search though such a mess when I get to the results!

Comment (0)

A Yahoo! technician tried to extort me, told me I would have to pay $179.99 to have Yahoo mail restored. He said my system was infected by a virus through Mozilla Firefox refresh and that everything was wiped out. He said my computer was ruined, including the modem. When I asked him what he meant, I was not understanding what he was saying, he said " before you understood me, but now that I mention money you don't understand me".

Comment (0)

I got an e-mail saying my Yahoo! email account will be cancelled in 24 hours. I never made such a request. Please ignore that request. I tried to reply, it was blocked. I tried to call the customer support number, it was busy. Someone has sent that and I want not to loose my e-mail history of contacts. Let me know what is going on?

Comment (0)

Our school, Morningside Academy at 901 Lenora St, Seattle WA is listed as CLOSED. We are not. Yahoo! needs to do a better job of getting these things right. Tried to call the support line to contact Yahoo! but no answer came back. We do not have a high school, but our school is NOT closed. Thank you for spreading the word so they can hopefully start making this change.

Comment (0)

We are not receiving any mails for the past three days. We have sent many requests to your Bangalore office, but nothing has been done so far. I am unable to contact your Bangalore office by telephone for past three days. We are losing business and our reputation. We are missing important inquiries. Our customers all over the world have been complaining that all mails sent to us have 'bounced'. We have informed them that our mail is through YAHOO and they are not able to help us. Can we really depend up on YAHOO or you suggest we switch over to some other service providers. Can you really do something? Please let us know what has to be done to get back our domain from you. We had purchased it from Net4. Can I expect a reply?

Comment (0)

I am getting hundreds (anywhere from 125 to 200) of failure to deliever notices dumped into my e-mail in-box more than once a day for e-mails I did not send! They usually show up on log-in in the early AM and then again mid-day. Definitely am a fan of Yahoo! email but this is getting annoying. Is there a support line I can call to get someone to walk me through this problem?

Comment (2)

I hate the new Yahoo mail format. It's just rubbish. The main reason I always used yahoo was because I liked the way email was laid out. Please please change it back I don't really want to change my mail address and go back to gmail but I will if I have to.

Comment (0)

I am fed up each time I travel to a different country or region and to have to confirm my identity via a call or text to Yahoo! every single time. I can't always take my mobile phone with me. I travel a lot and I am fed up with this security nonsense. I need to access my email immediately and yet again I am asked for a code to be sent to my phone. I need to log on to get an address for my hotel and directions sent to me by email and I cannot access this. I have not got my mobile with me here in Phuket, Thailand. Accept the fact on this email address I travel a lot. Will you stop asking me for a code and just accept the fact I travel a lot. Please just let me log on to my email server.

Comment (0)

Someone is using my email address. I, myself, am receiving 6 to 8 daily. You can tell who bought you by the fact Yahoo no longer has a customer service who can help you solve your problem. The 3 time I tried for assistance I actually got someone who tried. They had access to my computer and saw the emails (which every email is selling something else) and had me change my password. Still getting emails. I have also sent letters to the two names that was posted on one of the emails your staff opened. Address no good and were returned. How do I stop this. I shouldn't have to change my email address - it is your site and it is up to you to find and report the person who is doing this.

Comment (0)

I started receiving obscene emails, usually in my spam folder. The emails were listed as coming from my email address. I tried to change my password but was blocked from doing so. I went through the long procedure of getting an email to yahoo customer care and then contacting the official support line. The main issue was the obscene emails. The second issue was the inability to change my password. Yahoo informed after a few days that they had solved the problem of not being able to change my password. They did not refer to the obscene emails that apparently came from my email address. They informed me the case was therefor closed. When I tried to reply to the failure to resolve that problem I was told to start a new complaint as the case was closed. After two hours of going round in circles I could not find any way of being able to re-open the old case or start a new case as there was no link or answer to that problem of the obscene emails from my address. I am so frustrated and angry that there is no way through the yahoo system to contact them on the closed case. (unresolved) or find a way to contact them direct. I am forced to consider closing that account which will need me to open a new account and spend hours contacting my contacts. I appreciate yahoo is a huge company but customers need to be able to make contact as in this case.

Comment (0)

Every time I use your weather forecast service it is at least one day behind and the hourly forecast predictions are from one or two days in the past. Really hard to imagine a high tech ( supposedly) company with such a pathetic programming error. Fix it or cancel the service. It seems like something mundane to repair and it is hard to believe this simple program error has been allowed to occur for this long. Try to have some pride in what you do.

Comment (0)

I am very pleased and have been for a long time with yahoo . However do you EVER check to see who is advertising on your site? If not I suggest you look through and delete or block all the scams which are on it. I had a problem with an order from Amazon and I was looking to speak to someone from Amazon and typed Amazon.com in the Yahoo space (my mistake big time) I got the site that said Amazon.com with a telephone number for it. I called and could not understand the accents of these men who were telling me they would fix it etc.

I kept saying I couldn't understand them and hung up. I finally learned that it was a bogus number on Yahoo for amazon and it was those rotten guys from India who were trying to get my information. It was a SCAM that was listed on your web site. I was annoyed to think you do not check these people using your site and have them verify their legitimacy. They said they were customer service for Amazon which of course they were not. After about 10 minutes and not understanding them I called my Geek service. Fortunately no harm... at least not up to this point which happened yesterday.

Comment (0)

Just recently, every time I go to get online with Yahoo, Avg comes up and says I have to actually type in yahoo.com before I can go any father. I didn't ask for this chance and I definitely do not like it . Is there a way to switch it back to the way it was? I don't even like avg and I don't want it. I have my own antivirus and have no idea why it has changed. Please help.

Comment (0)

I can't access my email account. I haven't changed my password, but everytime I try to access it, it tells me the password is wrong. When I try to change my password so I can get into my account again, it sends me to my yahoo account and I don't know the password for that, and when I try to fix it, the information on how to fix it is sent to my email which I can't access. I haven't changed anything, so I think the problem is with yahoo.

Comment (0)

I feel that all the ads surrounding articles is slowing down delivery of said articles. Half the time I don't bother reading the article. Pretty poor delivery on Yahoo's part. Today my big beef is in my mail. Mail for me has become hit and miss, mostly miss. Lost so much e-mail as it just disappears from my screen never to be seen again. Very irritating when one types out 3 or 4 sentences and it suddenly disappears. When perusing articles posted by yahoo, until ads are finished filling in one gets nothing! Time lapse of 30 seconds of ads is way too much. Especially when the ads are repeated over and over. I don't have the time to sit through all that. I have a life to live. If I wanted to see these advertisements I would buy a magazine and read them, in fact a magazine is better as there I have a choice. I am looking for a more discerning server, one who will cater more to the customer and less to the advertisers!

Comment (3)

Yahoo! the other day emailed me a note stating that my credit card listed with you had expired. And that my annual renewal was due. So I updated my credit card but heard nothing back from you. So what's up? Why can't you send me a bill just like other companies do? Why is it so difficult? I updated my credit card information and sent it to you but never heard back. How come?

Comment (0)

Advertisements at the top of the page need to be changed. When I go to the top of the ad to close it, it toggles to view the ad to make it pop up. I had no desire to look at the ad, but it pops up as a result of trying to close it. There needs to be a separate tab to open it if one desires. I will discontinue to use yahoo's sit and the email service if this problem continues.

Browse reviews of other Internet Services

Have feedback for Yahoo!?