Yahoo

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Yahoo

Posted by hermelinda shumate on Jan 14, 2015
Customer Rating

I don't know how my previous yahoo account that i had for the past year had wipped out suddenly. My old yahoo account contains all my important contacts and responses from my job applications. I need to my yahoo account back; which was hermelinda.shumate@yahoo.com. my new account that i resently got is also screwed up, new yahoo e mail is : hermelinda.shumate61@yahoo.com is also not working. i want you to know that i have tried more than 20 times to get in no luck or with cust. phone#.

11 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Yahoo provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Yahoo?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.98 out of 5
1.98 out of 5 Stars
121 Consumer Reviews

Yahoo
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Yahoo. What is their corporate mailing address?

701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089

I want to call the Yahoo customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

408-349-3300

I need to visit the Yahoo company website. What is their website address?

More Yahoo Complaints

Customer Rating

This ad is for "blackline elite" and "Refuel extreme" or "metaboost" or "No2 blast" or any number of other bogus products that this sponsor has advertised as news? The products boldly advertises free trials. If you read the fine print (you have to read the terms and conditions on another page) you start automatically getting charged more than $199 unless you jump through hoops to cancel and return the product in 14 days. In addition I am sure the endorsements are bogus as they change as they change the product name. Also there is always an ESPN "test" associated with the products which get renamed frequently. You need to check with ESPN and the other endorsers and to verify the veracity of these ads as they are obviously false and are designed to fool your (YAHOO) subscribers into thinking they are getting "free" trials that will end up costing them $199+ heartache and frustration. Your sponsor -who is unnamed" indemnifies themselves in the fine print. I doubt that YAHOO is equally indemnified. These ADs are a disservice to your subscribers.

Customer Rating

Hi, I like Yahoo but do not like the latest email format. I would like to go back to the old way. I don`t like what email I just sent to somebody sent back to me. I don`t know how to change that. The continuous lines of conversation is not good for me. I`m having trouble sending a received email to another friend without all the previous conversation. Sometimes I only want to send just the photos on to somebody else. It is too much clutter. After I send an email to someone, I don`t need to see it sent back to me. I can just look in Sent file if I want to know if it was sent. Do I make myself clear? I not that computer literate. Phyllis Holmes.

Customer Rating

… I’m being being pushed around by Yahoo staffers, constantly harassed with log-in alerts, locking my account. Once locked, there’s no way to unlock it. So, you create a new account. And, then they lock it, again. I have a feeling yahoo employees are passing their time, locking our accounts, so they can make a grab for our contact lists, and read our mail — asj.

Customer Rating

Usually, when I start to enter the address of a contact, yahoo automatically finishes the address for me. For example, if I enter “D”, it brings up the Daves, Dans, and anyone with a name starting with a “D”.
However, for no apparent reason, Yahoo doesn’t perform this much appreciated service. WHY???

Customer Rating

Friday March 21, 2014, I could not retrieve my email messages. I called yahoo tech support at 1-855-854-1405 spoke to Mark who was hesitant to give me his id number. He told me he would once I paid $300.00 and he installed anti virus which lasts 2 years and antihacker soltware. Being I already pay for all this and have Sophos, I told mark I had to investigate and call him back. In the meantime I called my technician who said do a Soophos chek which I did. While on the phone with my tech, calls were coming in my email was hacked stating I was robbed of $10,.000 and needed money to call me at 7242280192. This went to all my email friends. I called Yahoo.and stayed on hold for 3 hrs. I called microsoft holding 2 hrs. to no avail. No one responded. I called my 24hr tech who said take my computer in Sat. a.m. . They went through it, cleaned out 3 viruses and I am still locked out of Yahoo and facebook. I get a message error http 500 on Yahoo. I cannot get in. I have been calling Yahoo help center daily and it is now 4 days later and I cannot get anyone. They are too busy to take calls. It is Monday and neither my husband nor I can get into our Yahoo accts though he can get facebook. I reported this to my bank, the state police, the Federal Trades Commission, The Attorney general and now you. This is ridiculous to be out of my accts this long. I am blocked and I need prompt help to do my work. Please help me! The sites on Facebook and Yahoo for help should be secure. No one should have to suffer because of dishonest techs who can compromise one’s information. Yahoo.com should be held accountable for fraud. This man exposed my phone number and placed me in harm’s way. I want my accounts safe and secure and functional. I am still calling yahoo help support at 1-800-318-0612 and as I said, they will not take calls. My sites need unlocked and only they can do so, I can’t use a cell phone number, I have none. My old one is gone. I should never had to put one on here in the first place.

Customer Rating

I recently found out that my mail was hacked into a few months ago. I changed the password but still had the same hacking problem. Now Yahoo is threatening to close my account. I have been using yahoo for 10 years. I need some help here with this problem. Thank you.

Customer Rating

I am so frustrated with the inability to get anyone at yahoo to talk to i’m probably going to switch browsers !!!!! You have grown beyond your co’s ability to give customer service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For 3 days I have tried to call only to here you can’t get to me because of call volume.That tells me you have some serious customer care problems but does not solve mine !I try to get on the browser and get a page that say “there is a problem getting on” ! I know that but then it goes to yahoo after about a 15 second wait ??????????????? I would never recommend Yahoo because one can’t get help at all let alone a little late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Alan Butterbaugh on 03/22/2014 at IP address 75.179.191.37 using our Yahoo complaint form. This opinions contained in this Yahoo customer review titled, “Service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

My home page has been reformatted and I hate it and don't know how to change it back. If not I will have to find another site. I liked it the way it was.

Customer Rating

i changed my password because that masage requesting me to change my password kept popping.and i jus changed my pssword because i was tired of that pop up text.the problem is i have forgotten my passwoerd and cannot remember the password of my alternative email.now how will i ever access my emails because if it wasnt for that pop up masage i would hve never changed my password.

Customer Rating

Why can't you guys leave something alone that works. The greatest thing I enjoyed was having a Categories for emails. Now, there isn't anything that I can categorize my emails. You guys wasted a lot of money. I am considering using a different provider. Fire the guy who allowed this to happen. The Yahoo Mail classic was great.

Customer Rating

The amount of spam I get is unreal on my Yahoo email account. On some days it can be over 100 entries. I try to stay ahead of all the garbage but it's impossible. I can delete 20 or so and before I go back to incoming mail there will be 6 or 7 more spams. Can anything be done to stop all this? Thank you for your time and anything you can do. I have tried removing my email from several lists but in the end the spam junk filters need to be much better.

Customer Rating

For the last one month I have been facing problems with Yahoo Mail. Repeat only with yahoomail. I keep getting inturrupted with all kinds of messages like"unable to load the page requested", "web page not available", red screen talking about some certificate"

I have lodged my complaint on yahoo "contact us" but I have neither recevied any communication nor tha service has improved. I am able to view the messages after 10 attempts. I do not know what to do and am considering shifting to gmail.

Sir, I am account holder at yahoo as iftikhar_kiani67@yahoo.com
Since 8 to 10 months I am unable to open my account. Whereas I have lots of precious record, data, info and contacts in that. Every time I get message that " your account is temporarily blocked will be opened in next 12 hours" those 12 hours have never come. Kindly help me out. Kindly respond me at this e-mail: MAfsar@isdb.org.
Regards

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Mohammad Iftikhar on 09/09/2013 at IP address 212.116.217.15 using our Yahoo complaint form. This opinions contained in this Yahoo customer review titled, "Unable to open my yahoo mail account." do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I m on leave in BENIN for about a week. Since, then i was not able to work online due to my yahoo account locked.I have my user ID and my password, but due to change of location the system asking me for security question. The question would be ( where have i spend my bluemoon? and my answer should be FRANCE) but it granted my answer. Therefore i found my account lock several time.
my number is 011229 67339921
alternative EMAIL smith.history1@gmail.com

Customer Rating

I don't undestand why Yahoo would set up a HELP web-site to clear up problems with there e-mail accounts that we all use, and not follow through with resolving the problems, and have the company=iosoftech=charge me $160.00 to supposedly "clean up" my computor, when all they were supposed to do was help me get me y-mail acount accessed, which I still cannot get into.My system does not run any faster or cleaner,and now my wife is having trouble with her facebook, and e-mail accounts.
I can see why alot of people are having trouble with there accounts the way Yahoo is running there bussiness.

marciaallison985@yahoo.com
This person is using the above email adress on ebay.com
to attempt to steal stuff by bidding on it and not paying for it.
Marcia Allison 3500 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, IL 60624
This is name and address being use to try and steal items off w-bay
address is empty building with no mail services.
908-873-6564 is number they using
and e-bay name of: alisales21zy

Customer Rating

It is bad enough that Yahoo decides to change the email format and there is no choice of the customer. These changes are not welcome and I want the old Yahoo back. I'm having difficulty keeping up with all these glorious changes and I wonder about older subscribers who cannot function on email due to these changes.
Now I have a new email proudly telling me that Yahoo had deleted e-mail addresses "FOR MY BENEFIT". Leave my files alone - if I want them deleted, I will do it. This is just so much BS and insulting to boot. You should not be going through my email addresses and making decisions for me. At the very least, Yahoo should have ASKED and allowed an opt in/opt out.
Nevermind - I'll just dump Yahoo and continue with GMail!

Customer Rating

Last week my MSN e-mail was hacked into by Yahoo custome wilson_james49@yahoo.com. He sent a spam e-mail to my MSN mailing list something along the line, "I am standed in Cypress, please send $3,000 to me". He also redirected my MSN e-mail to his Yahoo e-mail account. I have corrected the situation. However, I would like to file a complaint with Yahoo to remove his account from Yahoo if this is possible. Thank you for looking into the manner. Sincerely, Phil Aune

Customer Rating

On 22nd March 2013, i saw a message displayed on the page of my e - mail box, saying that upgrade from yahoo classic before the end of 22nd March 2013, otherwise you will lose all your IS.

I immediately clicked to migrate. After clicking upgrade, the next was another story: I was rushed back to opening page of yahoo to sign - in. I did so, then I got the message that you cannot access the account. I tried severally. It later took me to a page of options to resolve the problem.

Firt, it offered me the option of receiving a mail through my alternate e - mail address. The provider of the service, HYPERIA.COM through which i have an e - amil address is no longer functioning This is a yahoo mail i opened over 10 years ago. Additionally, I have forgotten my secret questions.

I seriously need your assistance because I have important emails locked up in the box which i cannot access.

Customer Rating

An article from today said the following "Palestinian attackers wound Israeli in West Bank...Spokesman Micky Rosenfeld says the Israeli, who is in his 60s, was shot in the leg"

I am sorry but referring to someone as "the Israeli" and not referring to him as "an Israeli man" shows how biased the reporter is. The man that was injured was "an Israeli man" and should not just be referred to as "the Israeli". Reporting like this is unacceptable and makes it seem as it is no big deal that "the Israeli" got injured, whereas if you refer to someone as "an Israeli man", this humanizes the situation.

Companies Like Yahoo