Customer Satisfaction Results
1.97 out of 5 Stars
100 Consumer Reviews

Whirlpool
Complaint Department

Whirlpool Corporation is an American manufacturer/retailer of major/minor home and commercial appliances. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:WHR. Revenues in 2014 were reported at US 19 billion and losses were reported of US 650 million in 2014. With over 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and research facilities worldwide, Whirlpool products are sold in Sears, Home Depot and Lowes among other stores.

If you experience a problem with a Whirlpool product you need look no further than the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com to find an easy contact us with sign-on, chat and ‘find a retailer’. The main customer service number is 1-866-698-2538. You may also schedule a service call here.  If you prefer to contact the CEO, Jeff Fettig at the Whirlpool Corp. corporate headquarters, please address you communication to him at 2000 N. M-63, Benton Harbor, MI, 49022 or call corporate offices at 269-923-5000. Self care videos can be found on YouTube.

Founded in 1911, by Louis Upton and Emory Upton, Whirlpool has a long history of mergers, sell offs and a main acquisition in 2006 of Maytag. Whirlpool is a principle supporter of Habitat for Humanity and invented freeze-dried ice cream for NASA in 1968. You may find the Whirlpool Facebook page a helpful support.

Have you had problems with Whirlpool?

Compare Whirlpool to Similar Appliances more...

Top 100 Reviews about Whirlpool

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Whirlpool customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

We bought ALL new Whirlpool appliances in November 2015, Refrigerator, Stove, Dishwasher, and Microwave. After having these for a few months our refrig stopped making ice, repair guy came and found the piece that was no longer working. The very next week, my microwave started "arching" is what they said, but when I called they had me put some water in the microwave to see if there was further damage, since it didn't arch with the water they decided it didn't need to be repaired even though the arching left a black mark on the side of my microwave.

Now remember these are all BRAND NEW appliances bought from Home Depot. From the time we bought these appliances, my dishwasher has not wash my dishes very well, it leaves all this gritty stuff all over my dishes especially my glasses. So I have the repair guy come again. Now Monday of this week, I noticed that the light on the stove that tells you when you still have your stove on was staying lit up. So I turn on all the buttons and made sure they were turned off and they were. However my light still continues to stay on, another trip for the repair guy but not for a whole week.

And if all this was not bad enough, I tried to get ice this morning and the ice maker is not making ice anymore AGAIN! When we bought all new appliances, we really thought we were buying an upgrade since all the appliances were quite expensive, however not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT ALL 4 appliances have required to have the repair guy come and he will still have to come again next week to repair the refrigerator and the stove. My husband has taken off work to work with these repair guys. This is getting crazy and I am about to throw them outside!

Upvote (0)

We received a brand new two door refrigerator on April 19th at 5:30 in the evening. The refrigerator was still not working at all the morning of April 20th. We immediately contacted Whirlpool and you refused to replace this BRAND NEW REFRIGERATOR which had not even been in my home 12 hours - but wanted to FIX the compressor - which was dead. Finally Whirlpool agreed to a new refrigerator on Friday the 22nd and told me it would take up to 14 days to deliver a new one! My husband and I are octogenerians with medicine need to be refrigerated.

We then had to buy a small college type refrigerator to see us through - and this has caused such hardship because we cannot bring food of any quantity into our home. Whirlpool has handled this badly. We should not have been given any hard time and also a new refrigerator should have been delivered as soon as possible - not up to two weeks later. We still do not have any refrigerator. At the very least please see to it that our refrigerator is delivered very soon.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a h2low wash system he from Lowes a few years ago. It is the worst washing machine I have ever had! It does not get clothes clean and I have to rewash clothes all the time. My husband and I are older and our clothes don't get that dirty. I also bought the dryer but it is ok. The other complaint is the clothes MUSHROOM and I know you know what I mean. I thought I would never have to buy another machine but looks like I will.

Upvote (0)

I have had my refrigerator for almost 5 years now and have had nothing but trouble with it Now i can't even put a filter in the fridge because there seems to be a blockage of some kind. have always had a problem putting in a new filter and now have to go without a filter because i can't get another into the slot at the bottom of the fridge even with the strong help of others. Other than that the fridge has been OK but would definitely think twice before getting another Whirlpool.

Upvote (0)

Bought my Whirlpool refrigerator from Lowes (not even two years old) ending up breaking down. The reason for this letter is I am very, very upset with what has happened with the parts of this refrigerator. Not even two years this frig was brand new when bought. I lost all my food when I lost the fan. I had the insurance but $150.00 does not cover half of the cost that I lost. I am appalled at how easy the parts fail after not even two years of use. This is not right. I am going to pursue this I am not going to let this happen to others. I bought this in good faith and with hard working money and I expected quality parts. If I did not have the insurance it would of cost a fortune to fix it. You people owe us big time. I would understand If it was longer being owned but not even two years that is a lemon.

Upvote (0)

Our refrigerator just stopped running. Not even 4 yrs old yet . (our 2nd one) Plus it had to be fixed after about a year. Whirlpool said they could give a discount but we had to order new fridge from Whirlpool. said would be delivered 4/5/16. That's a 2 week wait. So we haven't had a refrigerator for 2 weeks. They called last week & said the refrigerator is on back order. No delivery date. We don't have a refrigerator, I am very unsatisfied with this company & the way they handle things. I don't understand why we can't go to a store & get one with same discount!. Very poor customer service! From reading the reviews I am not alone. I only wish I read before.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a refrigerator and dishwasher at lowes on the same date just over a year ago so just over the warranty period. The refrigerator no longer makes ice and the whirlpool repair service advised that the ice unit needs to be replaced. The dishwasher stopped draining last week and the repair service advised it was a bad control unit. The dishwasher needs to be replaced as it is not cost effective to repair. It is significant to me that both of your products have such short lives. What, if anything, is whirlpool willing to do for new? Why should I continue to purchase whirlpool products with such a poor track record?

Upvote (0)

I have a Maytag Bravos XL..had it for less than a year and it became so loud that it sounded like a freight train. It has been broken now for over a month and I get one excuse after another. They have ordered well over $700 in parts for this washer and have not repaired it yet!!! I didn't pay that much for the washer!!!! Am so disappointed in this product and all I get from customer service and supervisors is "I'm sorry".

Upvote (0)

We purchased a brand new Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Appliance Center in Maumee, Ohio on November 11, 2015. On December 29, 2015 I had a service call for both due to my polyester work shirts having snags all over them. Ace appliance repair could not find anything with either the washer or the dryer. The technician said he would order a new drum for the dryer. I did not want my new appliance being torn apart to have a drum placed. I returned to Appliance Center and the manager said he would replace the dryer with a new one.

Well Ace appliance came back out and the service technician was unable to locate a problem again with either the washer or the dryer. On January 16, 2016 we returned the washer and dryer to Appliance Center. Where the manager was very annoyed with us and treated us poorly.We then purchased a new Speed Queen washer and dryer and have not had a problem with them.

My work shirts are $65.00 a piece and it ruined all three of them. As you can see this has been a very frustrating event for our family. I have attached a picture of my work shirts along with other shirts that this washer and dryer ruined. We did purchase a new stove, a new refrigerator and a new dishwasher all Whirlpool and have been pleased with them so far. I would like to see that my Fire Department shirts should be replaced by Whirlpool. This I believe is a very fair request.

Upvote (0)

Top load washing machine bought 09/2014. Bought the 3 year warranty, machine barrel has a bad bearing and load as hell, called in for service,, the machine is a year old when the problem started. It took 10 days for a tech to come out who was recommend by the seller, Lowe's, the tech comes out and says," Ive never worked on this type of machine". He left and from that say, it took him 2 months to order the part and then claimed the machine repairable.

Bought an extended warranty, ,which is not refundable, so how does a brick and mortar company like Lowe's just have one appliance company for San Antonio, population over 2 mil and have a tech say I cant fix your 1 year old machine? I'm a risk assessment manager, and this is the worst kind of service I have ever seen or experienced, this is totally unacceptable! Lowe's is fitting it and your system doesn't even she the model number which is WTW8540BW1! I like how the customer gets washed under the table and the inconveniences fall on the customer! Your willing to sell a piece of shit and than charge extra to have piece of mind and still cant get the piece of shit fixed!

Upvote (0)

I am so shocked and dismayed by Whirlpool. Several years ago we purchased a Whirlpool water heater and have had nothing but missery and grief. My last contact with Whirlpool gave me a true indication how much Whirlpool cares about their customers--not at all. I have had nothing but issues with this water heater since it was purchased and have made numerous calls to the service center. For the past few years I kept the helpline number posted to my fridge, knowing I will be using it again and again.

The first problem began about a year after we purchased the water heater. The pilot light kept going out. I was told that there was a filter underneath and I should get a long-handled brush and clean it off. Did so, it worked for about two weeks and the pilot light started going out again. Called the center again. This time was told that I needed to continue cleaning it. Now this is no easy task for a women who is 65 years old. The water heater sits about 3 in. off the floor. Finally after restarting the pilot light weekly for about a year it would not longer restart. I was sent a thermal couple and told I had to replace it myself. Again does a 65 year-old woman really need to be doing this? No. I read the instructions and the numerous warning about how I could blow up my house if it wasn't done correct. So, I hired a plumber.

Then shortly after that it started leaking. Called the service center again and was told it was just condensation. So I continued to wipe up the water for the next few years. It still leaks. However, the pilot light has stopped going out. Now it is making some really weird noises. Sound like tennis shoes in the dryer. Looked it up on line and read it could be a sediment problem and the tank needs to be flushed. OK. So my daughter and I drained it and ran water through for 20 minutes. Now the leak is dripping faster and the noise is still there.

Called the Service Center again (by now we should be on first name basis.) I was simple told he didn't know what could be causing that sound and that if it is just thumping noises I should be able to live with that. Now I am pissed (sorry). Had a plumber come and check it and he thinks the inter-tank is leaking and it should be replaced. I think it is time for Whirlpool to step up to the plate and replace this lemon of a water heater.

Upvote (0)

Being the unfortunate owner of a Whirlpool Dish Washer, I have now had 3 of these units in a space of 3 years with the same problem. The Soap Dispenser keeps failing. Whirlpool South Africa has the Standard reply, We are waiting for parts. This takes up to a year, Then they respond with, We do not make that model anymore.

Upvote (0)

We bought all new Whirlpool appliances for our kitchen in August 2014. We chose Whirlpool because it is American made and we bought our niece a gas range. Last week our gas range would not work. All the burners and broiler would work but not the oven. We had our lines moved to gas to be able to have a gas range. Today we had to have a service repair person come and he replaced the ignitor and with service call it was $133. Now I'm concerned since our refrigerator, range, dishwasher are all Whirlpool. Very disappointed in your product

Upvote (0)

I have had my Kitchenaid/Whirlpool dishwasher since April 2010. I have recently had a professional out to replace a seal in the door, the gasket on the vent, and the unit still leaks. The only places left are the metal body and door. I called to say I wanted the warranty honored. I was told one of their servicers had to verify. I agreed. Their servicer came out, at the agreed time. He did not bother to protect my hardwood floors from his muddy shoes. He absolutely reeked of ciggerette smoke. He proceeded to try and push me into paying for the same repairs, I had done last week, because he would not warranty the parts under warranty, unless I paid him to replace parts, a week old. I told him he was here to verify the leak, not push me into more repair costs.

At this point, he began slamming his tool box together and exclaimed "Thanks for wasting my time". He was so bombastic and rude, my seventeen year old son came out, as he felt the need to protect me. I called the Kitchenaid warranty number in my pamphlet to see about the warranty. They refused without making me pay for their esteemed professional to do the same work a real professional already did. The best I was given was 30% off a new appliance. When they won't honor their 20y warranty on the one I have, telling me their unprofessional is so much better than the one I used, who did protect my floors, and treated me with respect, I have no faith left in this company, or its servicers.

Upvote (0)

My electric range Model # RB720DHIWW Serial # RF 264777R was purchased at Home Depot. The displayed GE model I agreed to was not in stock so an equal range (Hotpoint) was purchased instead and delivered on 10-5-15. I noticed that the drawer face is not the same as the GE brand in that the grip groove is not deep enough to allow for easy pull open especially if you have wet fingers. I'm requesting replacement of the drawer to same as the GE brand. I have submitted a sketch by postal mail to your office at 2000 N. M-63 Benton Harbor 49022 -2692 showing what I believe it should be changed to to avoid any other future complaints by other customers.

Upvote (0)

I purchased all new Whirlpool kitchen appliances in 2013 which included a wall oven and microwave. I called to registrar the my oven with the recall. That began 7-29-15. The sent a repair man out on 8-10-15 to test the oven and it failed. They took the oven rack and said someone would be in touch with my about my customer complaint. No one got in tough so I called starting on 9-23 thru 10-5 and was finally told it would be mid October. I called on 10-27 and 10-30 as no one came to replace the unit. I did a VM from Lori at Whirlpool customer complaint department, saying today it would be mid Dec before they would ship a new unit. Since the top rack will not a hold any rack we can not use the broiler on the oven. And i can not think of a reason that it takes 5 months to replace what they made poorly.

Upvote (0)

Purchased a stove model number AGR423BAW0 - SER # VE5379312 on 10-14-15 used it for the first time on 10-24-2015 noticed that pans placed on racks over burners slipped off and will fall to the floor. One of the most dangerous conditions I have ever seen or experienced. Whirlpool needs to fix this asap or they risk more customer complaints like mine!

Upvote (0)

I bought my whirlpool washing machine WWT80x last January 23,2015 at SM Appliance Center Lucena City. It was barely 5 months and the drier of the machine is already out of order. It was serviced by Diamzon Enterprises this afternoon and said it was ok but when i used it after they left it won't dry again. The sound also is not good like something is wrong really. I want my machine replaced.

Upvote (0)

I bought a whirlpool stackable washer and dryer 22 months ago. Model number WFC7500VW/serial number CD31029976. The power control board broke on the washer 1 month ago, part number W10192966. Whirlpool has a national back order on this part. They can't tell me if the part will be available in 1 week or in 1 year.

So, should I trash a less than 2 year old, $1400.00 appliance or should I wait? No one at Whirlpool has any idea how long it takes to produce a power control board. Nor could they tell me how many have been backordered or how long this part has been backordered and no, they have no idea why there is a delay. No one at Whirlpool has any information about this.

Their loyal customers should sit back and wait or run out and buy a brand new Whirlpool washer to replace it. Interesting marketing strategy.

Upvote (0)

We purchased these items approximately 5 months ago. At three months we were listening to a high pitch whining sound coming from the washer. We called for a repairman to come out and were told that the sound was normal. We do not feel that it is a normal sound. We can hear the sound in our upstairs living room with the basement door closed.

We are a family of two, both retired and do not have an abundance of wash to do; typically, 3 medium sized loads a week. We are not over loading the machine and see no reason why a new machine would make this kind of sound. The machine we replaced was 20 years old and significantly quieter.

We are extremely unhappy with this purchase and feel like we are stuck with a product that is defective.

Upvote (0)

I don't even want to leave one star. We re did our kitched two years ago-bought the Whirlpool large cabinet depth refrigerator/freezer. It has gone out (won't cool) two times in two years. We have the extended warranty and it has been two weeks and NO call back yet. The cooktop sucked--never got hot enough to boil water. And the dishwasher got a small slow leak in the pump. Dripped water under the appliance and ruined our wood floor. Black mold.

Three lousy Whirlpool appliances. I will NEVER ever ever get another one. Really--can I leave no stars?

Upvote (0)

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model #WRS 325 FNAH00. Purchased in September 2014 at HHGregg. The refrigerator side door sticks out further than the freezer side door. Three service calls from two different service companies and the servicemen could not fix it.

The last serviceman called the Whirlpool tech line and they told him that the refrigerator side door has the wrong gasket on it and it cannot be replaced because of the way that it is attached to the door at the factory. I spoke with two different supervisors in two different call centers and was given the run-a-round by both, always being asked the same questions and not being able to retrieve the results of the service calls.

The last one Peggy Moore was supposed to call me back and never did. I left messages on her voice mail which she has not responded to. They talk in circles making me call various departments giving the same information over and over again in the hope that I will be discouraged and give up and go away.

Upvote (0)

On 03-05-15, I purchased a refrigerator water filter from your Whirlpool store by phone. It was thru a promo code: SPECIAL. Security code 5121.Filter P/N 4396841. If I remember right, this is the 4th time I have ordered filters through this special promo. Never any problem before until this time. I called 03-13-15. Was told filter had been returned. No reason given. Checked your records. You had only my residence address. We have no home delivery, so all mail is addressed to a P.O. Box. which I gave to the lady that took my call. 03-30-15 still no filter. I asked the lady that took my call if both addresses were on the shipping label. She informed me she had no way of knowing what addresses were on the label. 04-06-15 called again. I was informed it took up to 10 working days for delivery. Today is 04-20-15 still no filter. I like these prices as I do change filters when the red light comes on. HOWEVER. If you feel that you can't handle this problem, can you at least give credit on my credit card. You have the number.

Upvote (0)

I have a Whirlpool Refrigerator. Whirlpool service man was called on 05/13 2014 because of ice in freezer. The drain line was changed. Whirlpool service was called on 06/07/2014 because of frost in freezer. Changed door slides. Whirlpool service man was called on 04/09/2015 because refrigerator was not working. Service man came on 04/14/2015 and wrote that Compressor extremely hot. Residue of leaking in drain pan and around compressor. 40 deg. + in freezer, no temp in fridge. Said it would take 3 to 5 days to order part.

After 6 days, I called Whirlpool service Dept. and was told that my claim was denied. I was told that I did not perform maintenance on the drip pan, so it was my fault. Tried to talk, but all she would say is that I did not do the required maintenance. I looked up all I could about maintenance and the only thing I could find was from page 13, of the Whirlpool User Instruction Manual. "There is no need for routine condenser cleaning in normal home operating environments. If the environment is particularly greasy or dusty, or there is significant pet traffic in the home, the condenser should be cleaned every 2 to 3 months to ensure maximum efficiency."

This is the only thing I could find that is remotely close to what they are saying about maintenance. There is nothing about the drip pan. I believe, I have a normal home operating environment. I don’t have pets, a greasy or dusty environment, and a whirlpool service man serviced the refrigerator on 05/13/2014 to change the drain line, I think that has something to do with the drip pan, and again on 06/07/2014 to change the door slides, so I think that should cover the maintenance issue. I would like you to tell me in what manual does it say that I have to do maintenance on the drip pan.

Upvote (0)

When we purchase six split and one window 1 ton ac, their dealer and also confirm that all installation charges is include in this billing rate, only if any futher pipe is require, you will provide only pipe,no other extra charges will be charge. Now after four days they are asking Rs.50/-extra per mtr charges, and first you pay then only we will install, and also extra gas charge @650/- p.kg.It means if 20 meter pipe extra fix in one ac , total six ac extra cost Rs.6000/- and Rs.7200/-already pay by us to dealer for installation. Total labour charges Rs.7200 + 6000 =13200 we should pay, in a day,what is this non sence. Is this your service man salary for a day is Rs.13200/- please look into this.

Upvote (2)

My brand new Whirlpool refrigerator is leaking water all over the floor.When I called customer service to get it repaired they tell me their computer is down and please call back in an hour (the 1st time) or tomorrow (the 2nd time).

After 20 minutes on the phone each time, I'm asked to call back, but they can't guarantee that their computer will be working when I do. They asked me to send a copy of my receipt, since they had the date of purchase recorded incorrectly. In 3 to 5 days they should be able to process the information, which goes to another department. They can't send anyone to repair the problem because they can't look up the local "authorized" repairman on their computer, in spite of the fact that I have his name and number from the seller.

Meanwhile the laminate flooring under the fridge is starting to bubble up from the water leaking out while they give me the run-around. They're "sorry" my flooring will be ruined, but no one wants to do anything to solve the issue by letting me call the local authorized repairman directly. A call to the seller would resolve the issue, but they refuse. Whirlpool's refrigerator doesn't work, their computers don't work, and their customer service doesn't work.My advice is DO NOT BUY a Whirlpool product.

Upvote (0)

I purchased the Cabrio Whirlpool washer and dryer. Washer doesn't always wash - even leaves some things dry. Dryer does not dry - even after resetting for additional time. I even put it on Bulk Load - 70 minutes - for some thin items, then gave it 20 minutes more on Timed Dry. STILL NOT DRY. So I spread them out over things to dry. I just thought maybe I got a lemon until I read other complaints.

Please I had a Whirlpool set before and LOVED IT. This one I have read so many complaints about. WHIRLPOOL please don't let me down. PLEASE help me out here. Thank YOU!!!!!!! Rate Experience? 1 - 5... is 1 good or bad? 1 being bad - then one; 5 being bad then 5.

Upvote (0)

Bought Whirlpool washer 3/31/2015, del. 4/2/2015. Drain hose to short, have called company 5 times, they tell me I'll have to buy a longer drain hose, this is nonsense the hoses are way to short one size does not fit all. Lowe's nor Home Depot have a fix for this issue. I'm ready to call the company H>H>Gregg and tell them I'm returning it, I shouldn't have to pay a plumber to come fix this. Whirlpool should make good on this. Any other ideas for me ? Will never BUY another product made buy you guys if someone isn't more helpful.

Upvote (0)

I have just purchased over $3000 worth of whirlpool appliances. I received $5.00 off for a broiler pan. I can't believe you don't have one in the oven. How cheap is that? Isn't a broiler pan part of any oven? Also the front of the bottom drawer is BLUE. Who wants a blue drawer. I hope this can be replaced with either black or stainless steel. I love my fridg and microwave dishwasher not installed yet I hope that is O.K. I hope this can be resolved. You don"t want an unhappy customer.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher from Lowe's in Palm Coast, Florida in July of 2013 with an extended protection plan. Now, in March 2015, when I went to wipe the top edge of the door with a wet paper towel, the paint chipped off. Lowe's suggested that I contact Whirlpool, which I did. They told me that because it was out of Lowe's one year warranty (The protection plan is a five-year plan.) it was not covered. They suggested I call an appliance repair service. They said that a tech could come out ($78.00) to assess the problem. I would still need to pay for the repair, and if necessary, for a new door as well. The damage is severe enough for me to want it repaired and I feel that Whirlpool should be responsible since this is shoddy workmanship and poor quality control at the point of manufacture. I see from other complaints that this has also happened to another customer.

Upvote (0)

Installed new water heater and element broke got a replacement and that one broke in half and fell in tank. used old element and got it working. called whirlpool to ask them about discount due to my two day ordeal. The tech said it was due to improper installation and would not give me anything for my troubles on a brand new water hearer. i did the same filling and purging the tank of any air all three times. i will never buy a whirlpool product ever again. Customer service was poor and quality of product doesn't seem to be good. i hope someone contacts me about this issue and makes this right. I also working in sales and customer service and if one of my customers had issues with new equipment i would send out a replacement or at least offer it. I feel like with whirlpool once you bought it your stuck with it, considering lowes will not take the water heater back unless whirlpool agrees. I am serious when i say i will never buy from whirlpool again and i will tell anybody who asks not to get this brand.

Upvote (0)

Bought a Whirlpool Microhood 1.7CF Nov. 7,20 hooked it up, worked for a week then quit working consitently. Upper door latch was not closing correctly. was not latching all the way. Called 800 number and was givven a number for warrenty service. Sevice man came , looked it over and took it to the warrenty aproved shop for service. We were told that they had trouble getting parts to repair it and they would let us know when they would be bringing it back.Finally got it back after January 2015. The repair man brought the microwave in, got it in and tried heating up a cup of coffee. tried a couple times to see that it worked and left. Worked for a day and a half, then quit heating.. Since then it just sits there . Not useable. The repair man said that it took so long to return it because they had a hard time finding part to repair the darn thing. This is the reason we have not contacted anyone sooner. Seems that we made a bad decision buy this product in the first place. Don' t believe we would buy another whirlpool product again.

Upvote (0)

I own a whirlpool side by side with ice and water on front. The ice will not come out. Serviceman said its a ongoing problem and cannot be corrected. Very upsetting as this is reason we purchased this model.

Upvote (0)

I am buying a trailer from clayton mobile I got the trailer in August of 2014. The trailer is brand new single wide 2013 come with brand new appliance dishwasher, stove, refridge. So I've decide to use the dishwasher which is Thursday night I left dishes in there until the next day .So that Friday they was still in there I was about go to bed we start seeing smoke and smell something burning my pizza cutter plastic was burning note I haven't use the dishwasher since Thursday why the heating element still hot . And I've use it several time all sudden this happen what if we had fell asleep we could've die from smoke I turn it off from the breaker that's only way it went off. I've just lost a child life is to precious please take time to see what's going on .GOD BLESS AMERICAN

Upvote (0)

We bought a Whirlpool dishwasher after putting it in the dishwasher never dried the dishes. The contractor was called to come out and check the dishwasher. We were told the part the dishwasher needed was not available. We bought the dishwasher in December we finally got it replaced on February 7th but quess what this dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes neither if I'm going to have to take the dishes out and dry them before I can put them up. I don't need a dishwasher it just makes it harder. The contractor was called on this dishwasher on the 7th it is now the 20th of February and we haven't heard anything from them. I will never buy another whirlpool product. I wouldn't even give Whirlpool one star.

Upvote (0)

I am extremely upset that my Whirlpool Model: ED5FHFHEXTB00 that I purchased four years ago through HHGregg is already broken! I spent approximately $1400 on this refrigerator and it now needs a new condenser! The cost is no longer worth it! The crisper drawers inside cracked and broke about two years ago, the ice maker continuously jams and now, the condenser? I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of this product and will not be repurchasing a Whirlpool appliance in the future. Each person I have spoken with, both at HHGregg and at Whirlpool have been less-than-helpful and completely uncaring! I was under the impression that your company possessed a higher quality product and better customer service. I am completely disappointed!

Upvote (0)

We purchased a Whirlpool microwave with a fan for over the stove. The door cracked on the bottom. We order another one and that one has broken in the same place IDENTICAL to the previous crack. The right side of the microwave, where the function buttons are, is so loose that is also falling off. I will NEVER purchase anything from Whirlpool again. I have told this to my friends and posted it on my FaceBook page. At the store told a lady who was getting ready to purchase a Whirlpool microwave heard my story and didn't buy it. I am 61 years old and I am the sort of customer who really makes a company, the 'Bread & Butter' so to say as I have been a repeat customer but NO MORE! Whirlpool will NEVER get another cent of mine if I can help it.

Upvote (0)

dear whirlpool: super disappointed with this whirlpool microwave we purchased- bought this in july2011 from ikea -burlington-renovated our kitchen and in the kitchen we had an undermount microwave installed - over the year - it sparked in aug 2012-thought ok maybe it was something we used - (it wasnt ) then did it again in october 2012( THANKSGIVING) SAME THING but on dec62012 this microwave really sparked,and popped and blue flames shot out .

there was at least 5 people in my kitchen when this happened-anyways i made the phone call to your whirlpool center - numerous times - first call- dec6/12 - finally someone came out jan10/12 - technician checked it - microwaved something for 1 min and left- THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT EVEN THOU HE SAID IT WAS FINE - WE SAW WHAT WE SAW- 3 DIFFERENT TIMES- I AM NOT GOING TO USE THIS MICROWAVE BECAUSE IT IS NOT SAFE- YOUR COMPANY SAID TOO BAD -WILL NOT REPLACE IT-

i will never purchase another whirlpool product again - of any nature - dont feel safe using !!!

Upvote (0)

Have Amana washer that's leaking oil from the transmission. Product 4 years old. This is unusual problem. Want transmission replaced. Would cost me $375 to repairl; paid $429 for washer. They want money to answer me or give me any help.

Upvote (0)

with reference to previous complaint dt-20/04/2013 No-MB0413012199, the compalint was attended and the freeze bulb was replaced on next day the same bulb was also not lighting and from the switch of bulb the red ant was comming, the same again was complaint to Whirlpool service centre on29/04/2013 and they gave me SR Number : MB413016563 but yet now the complaint has not been attended, the freeze is working with problem no light in freeze and ant's comming from the knob or switch of the bulb, kindly solve the problem.

Upvote (0)

I thought that whirpool made good dependable products, however I stand to be corrected for this type of thinking.I do believe that at one time in America Whirpool was a good product,but in modern times quality companies are being bought out by companies that produce a cheap product under the well known name of quality. Don't trust the well known names any longer. I remember, and this dates me, when a brand name appliance would last 20 years, had few service calls, and the product required no extended warranty. My daughter and her husband bought a Whirpool refrigerator from Lowes in may 2010, they did not buy the extended warranty, The refridgerator quit working on September 29, 2011.

Whirpool listened to my complaints in a polite manner, but more or less said that is the way products are made today, your daughter should have purchased the extended warranty. I feel that it is a shame that major companies have no pride of craftsmanship in a product,that products are made to be disposable,but as consumers we are also to blame because we tolerate low standards and continue to consume. My daughter had to buy a new refridgerator, whirpool's brand only lasted 15 months, but I guarantee that they did not buy the Whirpool brand. My anology of Whirpool is this,One can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin a sheep once! I will never buy a Whirpool product again. Carl Ferguson

Upvote (0)

I have bought your water filters before and been very satisfied. However, my recent purchase fails to meet your standards. The filter I purchased was 4396710 $32.43. My order number was 337551. The water has a taste of very strong chlorine forcing me to purchase bottled water. Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Upvote (0)

I thought we purchased a very nice set of washer and dryer 4 1/2 years ago we paid 2, 800.00 they told us at best buy it was the top of the line
(Cabrio model wtw6600sw1) what a piece of garbage that turned out to be. The washer started making a very loud noise upon spinning it sounded like a plane taking off since we are no longer in warranty we called a repair company to get a diagnostic that cost us$100.00 we found out that the bearing went out on the washer. It would cost $ over 800.00 to fix since you have to lift everything out of the washer. We called whirlpool and found out that they were rude and no help they don't stand behind their products. I had my old may tag for 26 years and it was still going when we sold it. I plan on filing a complain daily for the big $$$$$$$ I spend on a pice of garbage washer, I'm sure the dryer will go out soon.

Upvote (0)

When the fridge part of my Amana Refrigerator was not cooling properly I phoned W3 Solutions on Sept 26, 2011, and was given the Extended Warranty Order number. The freezer was working fine at this time. A week later a technician came and told me he needed to order parts. On Nov 7, 2011 a technician came and told me that he replaced the compressor and relay and that the fridge would work fine for many years to come. On Nov 8, 2011, I awoke to find my fridge and freezer not working at all and all the food in the freezer melted. I phoned the technician all day and left messages, on his answering machine, but no reply.

On Nov 9, 2011 at 10am, I phoned W3 solutions at 1-866-913-1350 and let them know what was happening, He issued a new work order and told me it would be a number of days before anyone got back to me. I lost around $200 worth of food and phoned Trail Appliance to complain and try to recover the cost of the food I lost. They told me they could not cover the food cost. I am now without a fridge and not scheduled for an appointment with a technician until Nov 16, 2011. This is unacceptable and I am not happy with the Whirlpool contract service.

Upvote (0)

I've purchased your Whirlpool top loading washer model WTW4820Xq0, serial no. C10421328 just 2 years ago and now its not functioning. When you attempt to start the machine the lid locks and about 30 seconds later it unlocks without starting. I've pull the plug out and waiter 1 hour hoping that it would reboot and fix its self however it didn't solve the issue. I've called repair services and on average its $80 just to look at the machine plus parts and labor at who knows how much.

I've decided that its not worth a couple of hundred dollars to fix and will buy a new, (not Whirlpool) machine. Certainly a washing machine should last more than 2 years. My experience with this machine has sworn me off Whirlpool products. It a shame this used to be a good brand but obviously times have changed

Upvote (0)

I'm fed up with whirlpool not helping me and in fixing this issue. Job number is 556966. Contact me via phone and I will explain it all. 0427527730. Not happy at all.

Upvote (0)

Hello, I am writing this about a Whirlpool Cabrio washer that I purchased June 7th of 2008. I have had my washer break down 3 times. The dates fo service are, OCT. 12, 2011, JULY 14TH 2012, DEC. 17TH 2012. The same part broke each time. It was the drain pump. All three times the washer has flooded through the ceiling and onto my hardwood floor.

Also, it left me without a washer for three week time periods in which I had to pay at a laundry mat. First of all I think it is wrong that the same part has had to be replaced three times. I was under my warrenty all three times but the last time the repair man said it would be around two hundred and fifty dollars and we were responsible for paying for it because we were " abusive to our washer", the reason being that there were three coins in it.

I have done a few loads of laundry in my lifetime and owned several washes( all whirlpool) and never heard that 2 quarters and a nickle could be responsible for this. The craftmanship on this washer is a poor design and like all other washer that I have owned there has been no problem until this one.

Is there not some kind of lemon law on this since it has been the same part all along? I am very disgusted with whirlpool and lowes. I refused to pay for a washer repair for fear it would break again and be a waste of my money and have more repairs made to my home. I purchased a LG front load the next day from another local business in Columbus IN.

My husband and I are local business owners with two kids struggling like everyone else we work hard for our money and should receive some kind of reimbusement for this faulty washer. I feel that we have been treated unfair by lowes dept store. They said we should take our complaint up with Whirlpool. We will never buy from Lowes again and they are being poor representives of your products and don't back up what they sale even under warrenty. I feel that a washers life should be longer than what I was given with this one. Thank You

Upvote (0)

After 1 year and a half, I've fixed and taken apart this Cabrio washer 12 times. A major design flaw sucks clothes to the bottom of the washer and causes the motor to lock up. After 30 years of faithful Whirlpool products and a day of run-a-rounds with Whirlpool customer service and hundreds if not thousands of blogs about this machines poor performance that I've read, I'm calling it quits for life on Whirlpool. As well as anyone I talk with about this failed company.

Upvote (1)

On December 19, 2011, I purchased a Whirlpool washer and dryer at Lowe's in Olive Branch, MS. In April of 2013, just 18 months after the purchase, the washer malfunctioned and a repair service recommended by Lowe's was called. When the serviceman diagnosed the problem, he said it would cost over $260.00 to repair. Since I had no other choice, I told him to order the part.

It seems so wrong that in less than 18 months it would cost almost as much to repair as it cost to purchase the machine. I believe the machine was defective because it took a very, very long time to run one load of clothes from the beginning. I always believed that Whirlpool was a very reliable company who produced very reliable products. I am very disappointed that I have had to pay so much for this repair in so short a time.

Is there anything I can do to find out if the machine was possibly defective?

Thank you for your consideration and assistance.

Upvote (0)

Dear sir, I had launch a complaint against your product, which I purchase before 2 months. Initially in demonstration your man given demo to us and found that some sound is coming inside from the machine due to the plate of the water heater is fitted without screw, temporary he fitted the duplicate screw and satisfied us. But, in 17 Sep 2011 same sound is coming from the washing machine.

We stopped the machine and talk to your customer care executive and launch the complaint. After 2 days I call to your customer care executive and said about my complaint, then he is telling me that your complaint has been attended and complain is closed. The executive another time fake complaint registered on 20 Sep 2011 and give me time for 24 hours but no positive response has been given to me against my complaint.

The another time I call to your executive on 22 Sep 2011 at that time he tell me that NO complaint is pending at your account and launch the third complaint. This time he give me complaint No.IN0911003179 and I tell him to " can I talk to your senior please". Then he tell me that this time you will get positive response from whirlpool.

Now I am using the product of Godrej and LG. But at any time the response of both product is better than whirlpool. I am thinking that the worst service and product we get from whirlpool and all the call attender of your customer care are giving fake information to customer using your product.

Now I deciding to replace your product with LG. My product is in warranty period and I am going to my dealer to replace the product.

Contact the Whirlpool Complaint Department