Customer Satisfaction Results

Whirlpool

Complaint Department

Filed by Peter Ryan on Feb 10, 2015
Consumer Rating

Moments ago, I filed a complaint with the BBB in Michigan closest to the Whirlpool corp. In short, My wife and I purchased a gas range/oven, model KGRS505XSS, in Oct. 2011. Along with that, since we do not have supplied gas, we purchased and had installed a propane tank to serve just the stove. Total cost about $3,000. Since then, the appliance has failed four times, three of which out of warranty. Now, we regularly host holiday dinners for as many as 20 family members. With the repeated failure of this machine, my wife has come to fear Thanksgiving! Her favorite holiday, no less....Today was visit #4, with one of the ovens down. Approx. cost to repair? about $280, says the tech. (nice man, well trained). But we'll wait 7-10 days for the part, then some more for said tech. to come back. When the first failure occurred, I gave the thing a pass...a glitch, I said. Second failure, we made some calls, dealer, whirlpool.....pretty much no response. Now, I spend half a day from my business to wait for the technician, money to fix aside, and what if this were Thanksgiving! In short, THIS APPLIANCE IS A LEMON, AND PERHAPS THE MODEL IS ITSELF A BAD DESIGN. I am not social media savvy, but if nothing else, this experience provides me with the opportunity to sharpen that skill, so that good people, spending good money, won't be screwed.

4 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Whirlpool?

Compare Whirlpool to Similar Appliances more...

Whirlpool Customer Feedback Trending Now

82 Whirlpool consumers have created complaints against Whirlpool to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Whirlpool complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Whirlpool corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

I have a Whirlpool Refrigerator. Whirlpool service man was called on 05/13 2014 because of ice in freezer. The drain line was changed. Whirlpool service was called on 06/07/2014 because of frost in freezer. Changed door slides. Whirlpool service man was called on 04/09/2015 because refrigerator was not working. Service man came on 04/14/2015 and wrote that Compressor extremely hot. Residue of leaking in drain pan and around compressor. 40 deg. + in freezer, no temp in fridge. Said it would take 3 to 5 days to order part.

After 6 days, I called Whirlpool service Dept. and was told that my claim was denied. I was told that I did not perform maintenance on the drip pan, so it was my fault. Tried to talk, but all she would say is that I did not do the required maintenance. I looked up all I could about maintenance and the only thing I could find was from page 13, of the Whirlpool User Instruction Manual. "There is no need for routine condenser cleaning in normal home operating environments. If the environment is particularly greasy or dusty, or there is significant pet traffic in the home, the condenser should be cleaned every 2 to 3 months to ensure maximum efficiency."

This is the only thing I could find that is remotely close to what they are saying about maintenance. There is nothing about the drip pan. I believe, I have a normal home operating environment. I don’t have pets, a greasy or dusty environment, and a whirlpool service man serviced the refrigerator on 05/13/2014 to change the drain line, I think that has something to do with the drip pan, and again on 06/07/2014 to change the door slides, so I think that should cover the maintenance issue. I would like you to tell me in what manual does it say that I have to do maintenance on the drip pan.

Consumer Rating

When we purchase six split and one window 1 ton ac, their dealer and also confirm that all installation charges is include in this billing rate, only if any futher pipe is require, you will provide only pipe,no other extra charges will be charge. Now after four days they are asking Rs.50/-extra per mtr charges, and first you pay then only we will install, and also extra gas charge @650/- p.kg.It means if 20 meter pipe extra fix in one ac , total six ac extra cost Rs.6000/- and Rs.7200/-already pay by us to dealer for installation. Total labour charges Rs.7200 + 6000 =13200 we should pay, in a day,what is this non sence. Is this your service man salary for a day is Rs.13200/- please look into this.

Consumer Rating

My brand new Whirlpool refrigerator is leaking water all over the floor.When I called customer service to get it repaired they tell me their computer is down and please call back in an hour (the 1st time) or tomorrow (the 2nd time).

After 20 minutes on the phone each time, I'm asked to call back, but they can't guarantee that their computer will be working when I do. They asked me to send a copy of my receipt, since they had the date of purchase recorded incorrectly. In 3 to 5 days they should be able to process the information, which goes to another department. They can't send anyone to repair the problem because they can't look up the local "authorized" repairman on their computer, in spite of the fact that I have his name and number from the seller.

Meanwhile the laminate flooring under the fridge is starting to bubble up from the water leaking out while they give me the run-around. They're "sorry" my flooring will be ruined, but no one wants to do anything to solve the issue by letting me call the local authorized repairman directly. A call to the seller would resolve the issue, but they refuse. Whirlpool's refrigerator doesn't work, their computers don't work, and their customer service doesn't work.My advice is DO NOT BUY a Whirlpool product.

Consumer Rating

I purchased the Cabrio Whirlpool washer and dryer. Washer doesn't always wash - even leaves some things dry. Dryer does not dry - even after resetting for additional time. I even put it on Bulk Load - 70 minutes - for some thin items, then gave it 20 minutes more on Timed Dry. STILL NOT DRY. So I spread them out over things to dry. I just thought maybe I got a lemon until I read other complaints.

Please I had a Whirlpool set before and LOVED IT. This one I have read so many complaints about. WHIRLPOOL please don't let me down. PLEASE help me out here. Thank YOU!!!!!!! Rate Experience? 1 - 5... is 1 good or bad? 1 being bad - then one; 5 being bad then 5.

Consumer Rating

Bought Whirlpool washer 3/31/2015, del. 4/2/2015. Drain hose to short, have called company 5 times, they tell me I'll have to buy a longer drain hose, this is nonsense the hoses are way to short one size does not fit all. Lowe's nor Home Depot have a fix for this issue. I'm ready to call the company H>H>Gregg and tell them I'm returning it, I shouldn't have to pay a plumber to come fix this. Whirlpool should make good on this. Any other ideas for me ? Will never BUY another product made buy you guys if someone isn't more helpful.

Consumer Rating

I have just purchased over $3000 worth of whirlpool appliances. I received $5.00 off for a broiler pan. I can't believe you don't have one in the oven. How cheap is that? Isn't a broiler pan part of any oven? Also the front of the bottom drawer is BLUE. Who wants a blue drawer. I hope this can be replaced with either black or stainless steel. I love my fridg and microwave dishwasher not installed yet I hope that is O.K. I hope this can be resolved. You don"t want an unhappy customer.

Consumer Rating

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher from Lowe's in Palm Coast, Florida in July of 2013 with an extended protection plan. Now, in March 2015, when I went to wipe the top edge of the door with a wet paper towel, the paint chipped off. Lowe's suggested that I contact Whirlpool, which I did. They told me that because it was out of Lowe's one year warranty (The protection plan is a five-year plan.) it was not covered. They suggested I call an appliance repair service. They said that a tech could come out ($78.00) to assess the problem. I would still need to pay for the repair, and if necessary, for a new door as well. The damage is severe enough for me to want it repaired and I feel that Whirlpool should be responsible since this is shoddy workmanship and poor quality control at the point of manufacture. I see from other complaints that this has also happened to another customer.

Consumer Rating

Installed new water heater and element broke got a replacement and that one broke in half and fell in tank. used old element and got it working. called whirlpool to ask them about discount due to my two day ordeal. The tech said it was due to improper installation and would not give me anything for my troubles on a brand new water hearer. i did the same filling and purging the tank of any air all three times. i will never buy a whirlpool product ever again. Customer service was poor and quality of product doesn't seem to be good. i hope someone contacts me about this issue and makes this right. I also working in sales and customer service and if one of my customers had issues with new equipment i would send out a replacement or at least offer it. I feel like with whirlpool once you bought it your stuck with it, considering lowes will not take the water heater back unless whirlpool agrees. I am serious when i say i will never buy from whirlpool again and i will tell anybody who asks not to get this brand.

Consumer Rating

Bought a Whirlpool Microhood 1.7CF Nov. 7,20 hooked it up, worked for a week then quit working consitently. Upper door latch was not closing correctly. was not latching all the way. Called 800 number and was givven a number for warrenty service. Sevice man came , looked it over and took it to the warrenty aproved shop for service. We were told that they had trouble getting parts to repair it and they would let us know when they would be bringing it back.Finally got it back after January 2015. The repair man brought the microwave in, got it in and tried heating up a cup of coffee. tried a couple times to see that it worked and left. Worked for a day and a half, then quit heating.. Since then it just sits there . Not useable. The repair man said that it took so long to return it because they had a hard time finding part to repair the darn thing. This is the reason we have not contacted anyone sooner. Seems that we made a bad decision buy this product in the first place. Don' t believe we would buy another whirlpool product again.

Consumer Rating

I own a whirlpool side by side with ice and water on front. The ice will not come out. Serviceman said its a ongoing problem and cannot be corrected. Very upsetting as this is reason we purchased this model.

Consumer Rating

I am buying a trailer from clayton mobile I got the trailer in August of 2014. The trailer is brand new single wide 2013 come with brand new appliance dishwasher, stove, refridge. So I've decide to use the dishwasher which is Thursday night I left dishes in there until the next day .So that Friday they was still in there I was about go to bed we start seeing smoke and smell something burning my pizza cutter plastic was burning note I haven't use the dishwasher since Thursday why the heating element still hot . And I've use it several time all sudden this happen what if we had fell asleep we could've die from smoke I turn it off from the breaker that's only way it went off. I've just lost a child life is to precious please take time to see what's going on .GOD BLESS AMERICAN

Consumer Rating

We bought a Whirlpool dishwasher after putting it in the dishwasher never dried the dishes. The contractor was called to come out and check the dishwasher. We were told the part the dishwasher needed was not available. We bought the dishwasher in December we finally got it replaced on February 7th but quess what this dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes neither if I'm going to have to take the dishes out and dry them before I can put them up. I don't need a dishwasher it just makes it harder. The contractor was called on this dishwasher on the 7th it is now the 20th of February and we haven't heard anything from them. I will never buy another whirlpool product. I wouldn't even give Whirlpool one star.

Consumer Rating

Not even a year old my refreigeration stopped working.. Thrice the technician have come out and could not fx it..The customer service people are so rude and doesn't even know what was said on the log and not taking step right awayand not even callling us back and let us know what to do next tem.. I spoke to Karen (tennese) ID 3 84947 and her phone number is 1866 640 7146x3494 could not even talk to the technical department and get the help for replacement.. I had call them several times to ask them what wourl be the next step
On a quick not want to bring to your notice that when you cannot repair why don't you replace it as soon as possible
call me back if you have any questiosn at 732 446 1192

Consumer Rating

I purchased Kitchen Aid double wall oven in 2000 ( KEBS208DSS) and have had to repair it three times for a complete shutdown when using the self clean option. It takes 2 Whirlpool technicians to pull the whole thing out of the wall to replace the fuse or fix the thermostat. These same technicians informed us that this is a well known product defect and discouraged us from using the self clean option or it will happen again. When I spoke to the service department at Whirlpool, they were most unhelpful. If you google this complaint it appears there are many people with this common problem, however Whirlpool contends there are no complaints on file.
Please advise.
Karen Jensen

Consumer Rating

On December 19, 2011, I purchased a Whirlpool washer and dryer at Lowe's in Olive Branch, MS. In April of 2013, just 18 months after the purchase, the washer malfunctioned and a repair service recommended by Lowe's was called. When the serviceman diagnosed the problem, he said it would cost over $260.00 to repair. Since I had no other choice, I told him to order the part.

It seems so wrong that in less than 18 months it would cost almost as much to repair as it cost to purchase the machine. I believe the machine was defective because it took a very, very long time to run one load of clothes from the beginning. I always believed that Whirlpool was a very reliable company who produced very reliable products. I am very disappointed that I have had to pay so much for this repair in so short a time.

Is there anything I can do to find out if the machine was possibly defective?

Thank you for your consideration and assistance.

Consumer Rating

Dear sir, I had launch a complaint against your product, which I purchase before 2 months. Initially in demonstration your man given demo to us and found that some sound is coming inside from the machine due to the plate of the water heater is fitted without screw, temporary he fitted the duplicate screw and satisfied us. But, in 17 Sep 2011 same sound is coming from the washing machine.

We stopped the machine and talk to your customer care executive and launch the complaint. After 2 days I call to your customer care executive and said about my complaint, then he is telling me that your complaint has been attended and complain is closed. The executive another time fake complaint registered on 20 Sep 2011 and give me time for 24 hours but no positive response has been given to me against my complaint.

The another time I call to your executive on 22 Sep 2011 at that time he tell me that NO complaint is pending at your account and launch the third complaint. This time he give me complaint No.IN0911003179 and I tell him to " can I talk to your senior please". Then he tell me that this time you will get positive response from whirlpool.

Now I am using the product of Godrej and LG. But at any time the response of both product is better than whirlpool. I am thinking that the worst service and product we get from whirlpool and all the call attender of your customer care are giving fake information to customer using your product.

Now I deciding to replace your product with LG. My product is in warranty period and I am going to my dealer to replace the product.

Consumer Rating

I will never buy a Whirlpool product again. I purchased a bottom freezer/french door refrigerator less than 3 years ago. It started leaking a small amount of water several months ago and at first I thought my daughter was occasionally dropping an ice cube. Then I noticed there was a sheet of ice at the bottom of the freezer. I called Whirlpool and the customer service person said to "turn down my freezer control - it may be set too cold." I searched the internet and found many people experiencing the same problem and the reason for that appears to be a plugged up hose that needs to be cleaned out. I never had to do that with any self-defrosting refrigerator before. Appliance World, where I bought the refrigerator, went out of business so my extended warranty that I paid for with them means nothing to Whirlpool. This appears to be a chronic problem and Whirlpool, in my opinion, should fix it for free. I plan on writing the CEO of Whirlpool a letter - not that it will do any good. There is a "do it yourself" solution on the internet. That's how common this problem is.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I am extremely dissatisfied with service and very casual approach of Whirlpool. Please find the complaints & the chronological of events that has happened -
1. The first compliant was lodged on 11.04.13, job no.05699. On 12.04.13 their technician visited and filled the refrigerant and charged Rs. 2280/-.
2. 13.04.13 the same problem continued and called their technician once again.
3. After so many calls to Whirpool and their service agent, finally their technician came on 17.04.13 and charged Rs.200/- once again and tried to rectify the problem.
4. We tested the refrigerator for 10 days and now found that it was cooling alright but water was leaking in the refrigerator and spoiling vegetables and other things that was stored. On 02.05.13 once again lodged the compliant to Whirlpool and they informed that they would send technician once again and the Job no. is 00363.
5. On the same day evening their technician called and told that he would visit and would rectify the problem. But as usual did not bother to come and surprisingly he has closed the job no.
6. After waiting for couple of days called once again Whirpool and was told that the job no. is closed. How come without visiting and completing the job how could they close the job no. Now once again I have requested them to attend but so far no news from them and our refrigerator is still not repaired.
Kindly note that we store insulin and other life saving drugs which requires cool environment for storing and if the fridge is not working it would put us into severe hardships. I have told repeatedly about this and Whirlpool is least bothered.

6. Just now called your office and your receptionist told that their technician will call immediately but no body is bothered to call and attend to our problems. My repeated calls is being answered by this lady and she is always telling that her technician will call. This drama is going on now.

Now I would request you to take up with your management and attend to the problem without any further delay.

Consumer Rating

Sir, I have purchased the whirlpool White magic 123 700h washing machine from allied business corporation , Raghunath bazaar Jammu on 24-10-2012. First of all the free gift ;electric iron was given of BAJAJ company instead of whirlpool. secondly, instead of the repeated requests to the person nominated by the company , he didn't installed my machine. At last on Monday 29-10-2012 I managed a local Mechanic and got my machine installed. The next day there was a telephone call from whirlpool Jammu. i was assured that the Engineer shall certainly come and install by that evening. But till now no Engineer of the company has installed my machine. Hence it is requested that the necessary disciplinary action under rules be initiated against the person responsible otherwise i shall be compelled to go to the COURT.

Consumer Rating

I have used your filter whkf-D82. The past year I have gotten a rotten egg taste. Once was about 3 weeks into it - the other 2 were a few months apart. The really bad part is we don't know when it is going to happen - in the coffee? in the dog bowl? I'm now out $90.00. After reading others I have now purchased whkfd-81.
Please let me know if these filters can be counted on - I've tried 2 different boxes.

Contact the Whirlpool Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Whirlpool. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 2000 N. M-63
    • Benton Harbor
    • MI 49022-2692
  • I want to call the Whirlpool customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

269-923-5000
  • I need to visit the Whirlpool company website. What is their website address?