Customer Satisfaction Results

Whirlpool

Complaint Department

Posted by Peter Ryan on Feb 10, 2015
Customer Rating

Moments ago, I filed a complaint with the BBB in Michigan closest to the Whirlpool corp. In short, My wife and I purchased a gas range/oven, model KGRS505XSS, in Oct. 2011. Along with that, since we do not have supplied gas, we purchased and had installed a propane tank to serve just the stove. Total cost about $3,000. Since then, the appliance has failed four times, three of which out of warranty. Now, we regularly host holiday dinners for as many as 20 family members. With the repeated failure of this machine, my wife has come to fear Thanksgiving! Her favorite holiday, no less....Today was visit #4, with one of the ovens down. Approx. cost to repair? about $280, says the tech. (nice man, well trained). But we'll wait 7-10 days for the part, then some more for said tech. to come back.

When the first failure occurred, I gave the thing a pass...a glitch, I said. Second failure, we made some calls, dealer, whirlpool.....pretty much no response. Now, I spend half a day from my business to wait for the technician, money to fix aside, and what if this were Thanksgiving! In short, THIS APPLIANCE IS A LEMON, AND PERHAPS THE MODEL IS ITSELF A BAD DESIGN. I am not social media savvy, but if nothing else, this experience provides me with the opportunity to sharpen that skill, so that good people, spending good money, won't be screwed.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Whirlpool provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Whirlpool?

Compare Whirlpool to Similar Appliances more...

More Whirlpool Complaints

Customer Rating

After 1 year and a half, I've fixed and taken apart this Cabrio washer 12 times. A major design flaw sucks clothes to the bottom of the washer and causes the motor to lock up. After 30 years of faithful Whirlpool products and a day of run-a-rounds with Whirlpool customer service and hundreds if not thousands of blogs about this machines poor performance that I've read, I'm calling it quits for life on Whirlpool. As well as anyone I talk with about this failed company.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

I will never buy a Whirlpool product again. I purchased a bottom freezer/french door refrigerator less than 3 years ago. It started leaking a small amount of water several months ago and at first I thought my daughter was occasionally dropping an ice cube. Then I noticed there was a sheet of ice at the bottom of the freezer. I called Whirlpool and the customer service person said to "turn down my freezer control - it may be set too cold." I searched the internet and found many people experiencing the same problem and the reason for that appears to be a plugged up hose that needs to be cleaned out. I never had to do that with any self-defrosting refrigerator before. Appliance World, where I bought the refrigerator, went out of business so my extended warranty that I paid for with them means nothing to Whirlpool. This appears to be a chronic problem and Whirlpool, in my opinion, should fix it for free. I plan on writing the CEO of Whirlpool a letter - not that it will do any good. There is a "do it yourself" solution on the internet. That's how common this problem is.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher from Lowe's in Palm Coast, Florida in July of 2013 with an extended protection plan. Now, in March 2015, when I went to wipe the top edge of the door with a wet paper towel, the paint chipped off. Lowe's suggested that I contact Whirlpool, which I did. They told me that because it was out of Lowe's one year warranty (The protection plan is a five-year plan.) it was not covered. They suggested I call an appliance repair service. They said that a tech could come out ($78.00) to assess the problem. I would still need to pay for the repair, and if necessary, for a new door as well. The damage is severe enough for me to want it repaired and I feel that Whirlpool should be responsible since this is shoddy workmanship and poor quality control at the point of manufacture. I see from other complaints that this has also happened to another customer.

Customer Rating

Installed new water heater and element broke got a replacement and that one broke in half and fell in tank. used old element and got it working. called whirlpool to ask them about discount due to my two day ordeal. The tech said it was due to improper installation and would not give me anything for my troubles on a brand new water hearer. i did the same filling and purging the tank of any air all three times. i will never buy a whirlpool product ever again. Customer service was poor and quality of product doesn't seem to be good. i hope someone contacts me about this issue and makes this right. I also working in sales and customer service and if one of my customers had issues with new equipment i would send out a replacement or at least offer it. I feel like with whirlpool once you bought it your stuck with it, considering lowes will not take the water heater back unless whirlpool agrees. I am serious when i say i will never buy from whirlpool again and i will tell anybody who asks not to get this brand.

Customer Rating

Bought a Whirlpool Microhood 1.7CF Nov. 7,20 hooked it up, worked for a week then quit working consitently. Upper door latch was not closing correctly. was not latching all the way. Called 800 number and was givven a number for warrenty service. Sevice man came , looked it over and took it to the warrenty aproved shop for service. We were told that they had trouble getting parts to repair it and they would let us know when they would be bringing it back.Finally got it back after January 2015. The repair man brought the microwave in, got it in and tried heating up a cup of coffee. tried a couple times to see that it worked and left. Worked for a day and a half, then quit heating.. Since then it just sits there . Not useable. The repair man said that it took so long to return it because they had a hard time finding part to repair the darn thing. This is the reason we have not contacted anyone sooner. Seems that we made a bad decision buy this product in the first place. Don' t believe we would buy another whirlpool product again.

Customer Rating

I own a whirlpool side by side with ice and water on front. The ice will not come out. Serviceman said its a ongoing problem and cannot be corrected. Very upsetting as this is reason we purchased this model.

Customer Rating

I am buying a trailer from clayton mobile I got the trailer in August of 2014. The trailer is brand new single wide 2013 come with brand new appliance dishwasher, stove, refridge. So I've decide to use the dishwasher which is Thursday night I left dishes in there until the next day .So that Friday they was still in there I was about go to bed we start seeing smoke and smell something burning my pizza cutter plastic was burning note I haven't use the dishwasher since Thursday why the heating element still hot . And I've use it several time all sudden this happen what if we had fell asleep we could've die from smoke I turn it off from the breaker that's only way it went off. I've just lost a child life is to precious please take time to see what's going on .GOD BLESS AMERICAN

Customer Rating

We bought a Whirlpool dishwasher after putting it in the dishwasher never dried the dishes. The contractor was called to come out and check the dishwasher. We were told the part the dishwasher needed was not available. We bought the dishwasher in December we finally got it replaced on February 7th but quess what this dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes neither if I'm going to have to take the dishes out and dry them before I can put them up. I don't need a dishwasher it just makes it harder. The contractor was called on this dishwasher on the 7th it is now the 20th of February and we haven't heard anything from them. I will never buy another whirlpool product. I wouldn't even give Whirlpool one star.

Customer Rating

The Whirlpool Cabrio is a fraud. These things are nothing but a pain in the rear end, the cloths do the following while TRYING to wash,,horribly wrinkle, tie themselves in knots, get off balance and shut the washer down, and sometimes don't even get everything WET no less clean. We HATE this thing its like a DEMON!!! I can't believe that Consumer Reports say it's a top of the line washer, they have never used one I guess, they are truly LIEING about this thing, or they are being paid to say " It's a great washer".

I purchased a Whirlpool Washer 9/06/11. In addition I purchased new Washer Fill Hoses and 10 year washer Component . Needless to say, I am very unhappy with the washing machine. It does not do a good job of cleaning the clothes and the water barely covers the clothes. It takes a long time to complete a load of clothes on Regular wash. Is there something wrong with this machine or is it supposed to work this way? I thought Whirlpool had a better history of good products. This is not a good product.. If there is something I can do to make it more efficient, please contact me

I want a different washer,but nobody seems to be listning. Whirlpool should RECALL ALL these pieces of junk and replace them, and make NO more of them!! WE HATE this thing!!

Customer Rating

I have three nonworking applianes made by whirlpool. I purchased a Jenn Air Range in 2005 that I paid around
$1200 on sale from Home Depot in Atlanta. I purchased the extended warranty at the time. In 2009 the control panel was replaced on the Jenn Air range along with a check of the electric wires in the range. I purchased another extended warranty from Whirlpool that same year for $300+ and called today Novemver 2012 only to hear that their records shows I never paid the last payment and was canceled April 2012!! I have to prove the final payment was made in June 2012! In 2005 I also purchased a Jenn Air Refrigerator from Appliance Smart in which I also purchased an extended warranty at the time of purchase and it went out in June 2010. The replacement extended warranty for it was around $600+. I declined the refrigerator warranty. I was told by the warranty department that the warranty for the Jenn Air range went out in May 2010, therefore, I had to pay out of pocket for that repair. In 2005, I purchased a Kitchen Aid undercounter dishwasher from HHGregg which was repaired twice, in 2009 before the warranty ran out. In 2010, a foul smell and smoke coming from the Kitchen Aid dishwasher which caught a fire in the control panel, meltied the panel and burned the door controls along with the surrounding insulation. Instead of admitting there was a problem with the door panels catching fire on several dishwashers made by whirlpool, the serviceman called his office and was told that the problem must have been the home wiring. He mentioned that they had several simular complaints with some models. Somehow, my dishwasher was never repaired. Later, found out there was/is a Class Action Law Suite for the door panel fires against Whirlpool and Sears for the dishwasher door panels. Please response ASAP!

Customer Rating

I have a whirlpool refrigerator that is 7 months old and freezer has quit. I have contacted whirlpool on 2 occasions and requested that they replace it under warranty after the service repair tech told me what was going to happen. My family has been without for 2 weeks now and nothing has been resolved. This has got to be the most insane way of doing business that I have heard of. They want to spend over 1000,00 dollars in repair parts plus labor and the repair tech said he couldn't guarantee that this would be a permanent fix. we have been without for 2 weeks and don't know how much longer it will be till we are fixed. We spent over 2500.00 for this refrigerator and the action taken by Whirlpool corp. is totally unacceptable for customer service. This refrigerator should be replaced under a lemon law. I am going to contact BBB and my AG. There is no reason people should be have to deal with this kind of customer service.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Kevin Dunn on 09/04/2013 at IP address 206.255.251.22 using our Whirlpool Corporation. complaint form. This opinions contained in this Whirlpool Corporation. customer review titled, "New Whirlpool refrigerator still not fixed." do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

we had purchase whirlpool ro on 25 dec 2011 and it works properly only for 2 months after that it start making lot of sound. we had complaint against it more than 12 times and each time a enginer comes but the problem is not solved. we are very disappoint. and recoment other to never never purchase any whirlpool product .they had no solution of ther products complaint.

Customer Rating

whirlpool microwave was purchased as a gift in 02/2011.it quit heating on 12/04 2012. i e mailed whirlpool and they said they will send a repair man. i will have to pay because anextended warrenty was not purchased .i cant believe it wont work for several years i guess they make lousy products .they force you to buy an extended warrenty. we have bought several products made by whirlpool.refrigerator [roper] kitchen aid dishwasher,whirlpool washer.we probably not buy anymore whirlpool products.thank you joan kane.

Customer Rating

Bought a side-by-side in April 2012. In first seven months have had the ice crusher motor replaced and the ice maker replaced. A third service repair on the ice maker again today. The advice from the service department; "You can purchase an extended warranty for one year for an additional $153.00." However, that does not correct the fact that I have a defect problem with this fridge. This is a $2000.00 unit. Last Whirlpool product I will buy no mater how good the deal.

Customer Rating

Dear Mr. fettig, I purchased a Whirlpool front load Washer from Lowes in Waynesville, Missouri on December 2011. It functioned well until about three months later, when my family clothes started being torn and burnt by this machine. Not realizing what was going on we continued to use the machine, until I realized the machine had torn blankets, jeans, shirts, underclothing and the like.

I called for the machine to be serviced and being that the machine was less than a year old it was serviced twice before its 1 year mark, for the same reasons of ripping and burning my families clothing.

Being totally dissatisfied with this product, I was just going to purchase another one, but why should I when I truly believe this whirlpool washer was faulty from the beginning. Keeping the washer was a big mistake on my part, because shortly after 1 year the machine began to rip and burn our clothes again. It took once again for me to be home all day, after a weeks wait for the repair man to show, then another ten days prior to that for the part to come.

Between the process of waiting for the repair man and the machine tearing up my family clothes I am in need of a machine that is worth what I have paid. Once again the machine is tearing up our clothes and it was supposedly repaired again in March 2013. I am completely dis-satisfied with this whirlpool front load washer machine.

After calling your customer support line, I was totally dis-satisfied with the response that now that the machine is over a year old the warrant division needs to handle the repair and they will not cover the cost of the torn un-useable clothes or replace my machine with one that works properly. I feel I have gotten the run around. Who wants to take the risk of placing their clothes into a machine that may just rip or burn them to pieces?

I would make me happy, if whirlpool gives me an allowance to replaced my clothes any amount is better than nothing. Also, I would like the old washer to be replaced with a new one that has been proven to work correctly.

Mr. Jeff M. Fettig
Whirlpool Headquarters
2000 N. M-63

Customer Rating

I recently had to replace my microwave wall oven combo of 17 years when the microwave would no longer work. I went with another Whirlpool. I love the microwave but the oven unit whistles the whole time it is on so loudly that it is very disturbing. It also still gives off a strange smell even though I have used it at least 20 times. My kitchen is part of the great room and this new unit disturbs everyone in the room which is the center of all my entertaining. What can be done to fix this problem?

Customer Rating

I would like to let you know how disappointed I am in my washing machine. I bought in may 2012 and since then I have had 2 calls to say my machine is not working. They came out twice, then they decided to put a new motor and belt in and all was good. Know I am having the same trouble with it making large clonking noises again and know I'm waiting for it to break down again any time soon. I would like a refund on this machine or it replaced all together because I'm a little fed up with it breaking down all the time. If nothing is done I will be taking this complaint
further.

Jane Kelly

Customer Rating

I am extremely upset that my Whirlpool Model: ED5FHFHEXTB00 that I purchased four years ago through HHGregg is already broken! I spent approximately $1400 on this refrigerator and it now needs a new condenser! The cost is no longer worth it! The crisper drawers inside cracked and broke about two years ago, the ice maker continuously jams and now, the condenser? I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of this product and will not be repurchasing a Whirlpool appliance in the future. Each person I have spoken with, both at HHGregg and at Whirlpool have been less-than-helpful and completely uncaring! I was under the impression that your company possessed a higher quality product and better customer service. I am completely disappointed!

Customer Rating

I had purchase a whirlpool microwave 20-25 days had gone but your employees had not came to check the microwave and they had send a guy who checks refrigerator & washing machine instead of sending a guy who checks microwave .Is this a way whirlpool gives the service to customers ?
we are eagerly waiting to use our microwave.
PLEASE SEND A MICROWAVE EXPERT TO CHECK IT.

Customer Rating

On Monday February 18, 2013 a new Whirlpool waser/dryer ws delivered to my home. On the very FIRST cycle of the machine, a huge flood occurred on the floor. My flooring is ruined. On Wednesday February 20, I noticed that the machine is starting on its own WITH THE DOOR IN THE OPEN POSITION. This is a SAFETY AND FIRE HAZARD. It is now Thursday February 21, 2013 and I have yet to see a Whirlpool service person. All I get on the phone is : "I am sorry for the inconvenience. Stop apologizing and remove this piece of junk.

Contact the Whirlpool Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Whirlpool. What is their corporate mailing address?

2000 N. M-63, Benton Harbor, MI 49022-2692
  • I want to call the Whirlpool customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

269-923-5000
  • I need to visit the Whirlpool company website. What is their website address?