Customer Satisfaction Results

Whirlpool

Complaint Department

Posted by Peter Ryan on Feb 10, 2015
Customer Rating

Moments ago, I filed a complaint with the BBB in Michigan closest to the Whirlpool corp. In short, My wife and I purchased a gas range/oven, model KGRS505XSS, in Oct. 2011. Along with that, since we do not have supplied gas, we purchased and had installed a propane tank to serve just the stove. Total cost about $3,000. Since then, the appliance has failed four times, three of which out of warranty. Now, we regularly host holiday dinners for as many as 20 family members. With the repeated failure of this machine, my wife has come to fear Thanksgiving! Her favorite holiday, no less....Today was visit #4, with one of the ovens down. Approx. cost to repair? about $280, says the tech. (nice man, well trained). But we'll wait 7-10 days for the part, then some more for said tech. to come back.

When the first failure occurred, I gave the thing a pass...a glitch, I said. Second failure, we made some calls, dealer, whirlpool.....pretty much no response. Now, I spend half a day from my business to wait for the technician, money to fix aside, and what if this were Thanksgiving! In short, THIS APPLIANCE IS A LEMON, AND PERHAPS THE MODEL IS ITSELF A BAD DESIGN. I am not social media savvy, but if nothing else, this experience provides me with the opportunity to sharpen that skill, so that good people, spending good money, won't be screwed.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Whirlpool provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Whirlpool?

Compare Whirlpool to Similar Appliances more...

More Whirlpool Complaints

Customer Rating

After 1 year and a half, I've fixed and taken apart this Cabrio washer 12 times. A major design flaw sucks clothes to the bottom of the washer and causes the motor to lock up. After 30 years of faithful Whirlpool products and a day of run-a-rounds with Whirlpool customer service and hundreds if not thousands of blogs about this machines poor performance that I've read, I'm calling it quits for life on Whirlpool. As well as anyone I talk with about this failed company.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

I will never buy a Whirlpool product again. I purchased a bottom freezer/french door refrigerator less than 3 years ago. It started leaking a small amount of water several months ago and at first I thought my daughter was occasionally dropping an ice cube. Then I noticed there was a sheet of ice at the bottom of the freezer. I called Whirlpool and the customer service person said to "turn down my freezer control - it may be set too cold." I searched the internet and found many people experiencing the same problem and the reason for that appears to be a plugged up hose that needs to be cleaned out. I never had to do that with any self-defrosting refrigerator before. Appliance World, where I bought the refrigerator, went out of business so my extended warranty that I paid for with them means nothing to Whirlpool. This appears to be a chronic problem and Whirlpool, in my opinion, should fix it for free. I plan on writing the CEO of Whirlpool a letter - not that it will do any good. There is a "do it yourself" solution on the internet. That's how common this problem is.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

Installed new water heater and element broke got a replacement and that one broke in half and fell in tank. used old element and got it working. called whirlpool to ask them about discount due to my two day ordeal. The tech said it was due to improper installation and would not give me anything for my troubles on a brand new water hearer. i did the same filling and purging the tank of any air all three times. i will never buy a whirlpool product ever again. Customer service was poor and quality of product doesn't seem to be good. i hope someone contacts me about this issue and makes this right. I also working in sales and customer service and if one of my customers had issues with new equipment i would send out a replacement or at least offer it. I feel like with whirlpool once you bought it your stuck with it, considering lowes will not take the water heater back unless whirlpool agrees. I am serious when i say i will never buy from whirlpool again and i will tell anybody who asks not to get this brand.

Customer Rating

Bought a Whirlpool Microhood 1.7CF Nov. 7,20 hooked it up, worked for a week then quit working consitently. Upper door latch was not closing correctly. was not latching all the way. Called 800 number and was givven a number for warrenty service. Sevice man came , looked it over and took it to the warrenty aproved shop for service. We were told that they had trouble getting parts to repair it and they would let us know when they would be bringing it back.Finally got it back after January 2015. The repair man brought the microwave in, got it in and tried heating up a cup of coffee. tried a couple times to see that it worked and left. Worked for a day and a half, then quit heating.. Since then it just sits there . Not useable. The repair man said that it took so long to return it because they had a hard time finding part to repair the darn thing. This is the reason we have not contacted anyone sooner. Seems that we made a bad decision buy this product in the first place. Don' t believe we would buy another whirlpool product again.

Customer Rating

I own a whirlpool side by side with ice and water on front. The ice will not come out. Serviceman said its a ongoing problem and cannot be corrected. Very upsetting as this is reason we purchased this model.

Customer Rating

I am buying a trailer from clayton mobile I got the trailer in August of 2014. The trailer is brand new single wide 2013 come with brand new appliance dishwasher, stove, refridge. So I've decide to use the dishwasher which is Thursday night I left dishes in there until the next day .So that Friday they was still in there I was about go to bed we start seeing smoke and smell something burning my pizza cutter plastic was burning note I haven't use the dishwasher since Thursday why the heating element still hot . And I've use it several time all sudden this happen what if we had fell asleep we could've die from smoke I turn it off from the breaker that's only way it went off. I've just lost a child life is to precious please take time to see what's going on .GOD BLESS AMERICAN

Customer Rating

We bought a Whirlpool dishwasher after putting it in the dishwasher never dried the dishes. The contractor was called to come out and check the dishwasher. We were told the part the dishwasher needed was not available. We bought the dishwasher in December we finally got it replaced on February 7th but quess what this dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes neither if I'm going to have to take the dishes out and dry them before I can put them up. I don't need a dishwasher it just makes it harder. The contractor was called on this dishwasher on the 7th it is now the 20th of February and we haven't heard anything from them. I will never buy another whirlpool product. I wouldn't even give Whirlpool one star.

Customer Rating

I have a Whirlpool washing maching model number WTW5700XL2 that was purchased in Sept 2011. It was working fine when I moved it into storage in November 2012. I have just moved it out of storage in September 2013 and it is not starting. I contacted a service tech and he has stated I need a new motor. He also advised me to contact Whirlpool directly to see if they could help any on this repair since it was in storage for 9 months. On my first phone call to Miranda in TN I was told that my warranty was out of date but she would place me on hold to see what she could do. I was then told about a Repair Plus 1 should could do for me. She could send a repair person out and extend my warranty for 1 year for $309.95. I had to give her a call back so she noted this on my account. After 2 more attempts to contact Whirlpool I finally reached someone in MI. I was told this was not a option. After speaking to a Supervisor, Dana ID# 3561 in TN, I was still told this was not an option. As a customer service manager myself I find this unacceptable. My company does everything in our power to make sure our customers are happy and satisfied. If we make a offer, even in error, we stand behind that offer. If it cost our company money we still stand behind what we say. The fact that this supervisor did not attempt to offer any resolution to my problem is extremely dissapointing. Exactly what do you think customer service is? EVERY APPLIANCE I CURRENTLY OWN IS A WHIRLPOOL. If this is how I am treated as a customer I will NEVER purchase another Whirlpool appliance.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Sandy on 09/05/2013 at IP address 66.208.196.213 using our Whirlpool complaint form. This opinions contained in this Whirlpool customer review titled, "NO CUSTOMER SERVICE" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

with reference to previous complaint dt-20/04/2013 No-MB0413012199, the compalint was attended and the freeze bulb was replaced on next day the same bulb was also not lighting and from the switch of bulb the red ant was comming, the same again was complaint to Whirlpool service centre on29/04/2013 and they gave me SR Number : MB413016563 but yet now the complaint has not been attended, the freeze is working with problem no light in freeze and ant's comming from the knob or switch of the bulb, kindly solve the problem.

Customer Rating

I thought that whirpool made good dependable products, however I stand to be corrected for this type of thinking.I do believe that at one time in America Whirpool was a good product,but in modern times quality companies are being bought out by companies that produce a cheap product under the well known name of quality. Don't trust the well known names any longer. I remember, and this dates me, when a brand name appliance would last 20 years, had few service calls, and the product required no extended warranty.

My daughter and her husband bought a Whirpool refrigerator from Lowes in may 2010, they did not buy the extended warranty, The refridgerator quit working on September 29, 2011. Whirpool listened to my complaints in a polite manner, but more or less said that is the way products are made today, your daughter should have purchased the extended warranty.

I feel that it is a shame that major companies have no pride of craftsmanship in a product,that products are made to be disposable,but as consumers we are also to blame because we tolerate low standards and continue to consume. My daughter had to buy a new refridgerator, whirpool's brand only lasted 15 months, but I guarantee that they did not buy the Whirpool brand.

My anology of Whirpool is this,One can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin a sheep once! I will never buy a Whirpool product again.

Carl Ferguson

Dear Sir/madam,
I purchased a Whirlpool Microwave Oven in 2004 and have been continuing AMC without fail ever since the original guarantee expired. The last AMC was supposed to be due in Feb 2013. My Microwave oven(model No:MT263) stopped working in the first week of Jan2013 and service personnel came to inspect the machine on 4th Jan2013. They could see that error message"Door Open" was being displayed when the machine was switched on. The guy opened the machine to rectify this and ended up messing up the whole machine. The machine failed to switch on and he told me that the machine has to be taken to the sevice center for full check up.The machine was taken away on the 9th of jan 2013. Upon enquiry,I was told several times that parts are not readily available and will take some time to arrive from the HO. And in April 2013, he told the repair of the machine will be a costly affair since magnetron has to be replaced . I told him about the AMC but he said as per records with the company the AMC has already expired. I told about the AMC document with me showing validity till the first week of Feb2013. They wanted to inspect the document and a photocopy was duly provided to him. EVER SINCE I AM YET TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM THE SERVICE CENTRE. I contacted the Customer Care Centre of Whirlpool through e-mail and phone and they informed that the "Concerned Department" will get in touch with me but NOBODY HAS CONTACTED ME SO FAR.It is 7 months since the machine was taken away from me and NOWADAYS EVEN CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER of WHIRLPOOL ignores my mails regarding this. What should I do to get justice? IF they dont care about repairing old Microwave Oven , why should they take money all these years in the name of AMC? Is this the way helpless customers are treated and robbed by a mutlinational company?

Customer Rating

I only had my whirlpool duet sport for one month and had to have the entire washer tub and weights replaced. I was not allowed to get a new washer. It leaks water when running a cycle no matter how big or small. Even during the cleaning cycle it leaks a lot of water. It also always stops during a cycle and I have to restart the machine by unplugging it from the wall socket. It also is always having error codes coming up for no reason at all. Even had repairmen come out and tell me they don't know why the codes are coming up. I have never been happy with this washer. I bought it based on the whirlpool brand BUT now I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER WHIRLPOOL PRODUCT!!!! I will tell all my family and friends not to buy whirlpool.

Customer Rating

I thought we purchased a very nice set of washer and dryer 4 1/2 years ago we paid 2, 800.00 they told us at best buy it was the top of the line
(Cabrio model wtw6600sw1) what a piece of garbage that turned out to be. The washer started making a very loud noise upon spinning it sounded like a plane taking off since we are no longer in warranty we called a repair company to get a diagnostic that cost us$100.00 we found out that the bearing went out on the washer. It would cost $ over 800.00 to fix since you have to lift everything out of the washer. We called whirlpool and found out that they were rude and no help they don't stand behind their products. I had my old may tag for 26 years and it was still going when we sold it. I plan on filing a complain daily for the big $$$$$$$ I spend on a pice of garbage washer, I'm sure the dryer will go out soon.

Customer Rating

When the fridge part of my Amana Refrigerator was not cooling properly I phoned W3 Solutions on Sept 26, 2011, and was given the Extended Warranty Order number. The freezer was working fine at this time. A week later a technician came and told me he needed to order parts. On Nov 7, 2011 a technician came and told me that he replaced the compressor and relay and that the fridge would work fine for many years to come. On Nov 8, 2011, I awoke to find my fridge and freezer not working at all and all the food in the freezer melted. I phoned the technician all day and left messages, on his answering machine, but no reply.

On Nov 9, 2011 at 10am, I phoned W3 solutions at 1-866-913-1350 and let them know what was happening, He issued a new work order and told me it would be a number of days before anyone got back to me. I lost around $200 worth of food and phoned Trail Appliance to complain and try to recover the cost of the food I lost. They told me they could not cover the food cost. I am now without a fridge and not scheduled for an appointment with a technician until Nov 16, 2011. This is unacceptable and I am not happy with the Whirlpool contract service.

Customer Rating

Hi,I am a customer of whirlpool Whirlpool refrigerator fridge last few
days I was facing problem  so I called up whirlpool to ractify this
problem.I got a call from Whirlpool Engineer Mr ashish everytme he called he
but didn’t tunred up on time finally he reached to my house on 9th Feb
2013  & did some work but seems he was not qualified as he was asking
everything on phone from his colleague also he took Rs 2310 rs as
well, as a result now machine is not working at all & he did some
wrong wiring also. Now when we are calling him he is starigh away
saying that he will not come.

I am sharing some information about engineer

Jobsheet No:- 1831
Name :-ashish
 (Sahar Service)
Cell no :-9212322134
9212322322/9212422422

This makes me to feel that i've made a wrong choice of buying ur
product keeping in mind about future service support.

Look fwd to receive ur response abt my complaint as it has kept me to
think about retaining ur product.

Santosh Dutt:- 9811631964/ 8860472383
Bhola Dutt:-9818071647

Customer Rating

The first part of this complaint concerns an order for a refrigerator, washer and dryer which we were told that the order was never placed after waiting for the delivery and being told it was out for delivery. We then canceled the order and went out an bought Sumsung appliances. Our new home has a whirlpool stove. The oven does not work. We had a repairman out on the 21st of September. We were told it would take 5 to 10 days for the part to come in. We called today (October 3) and found out the part is on back order. Now we are told it will be another 5 days. We should have been called earlier.

Customer Rating

I'm fed up with whirlpool not helping me and in fixing this issue. Job number is 556966. Contact me via phone and I will explain it all. 0427527730. Not happy at all.

Customer Rating

Hello, I am writing this about a Whirlpool Cabrio washer that I purchased June 7th of 2008. I have had my washer break down 3 times. The dates fo service are, OCT. 12, 2011, JULY 14TH 2012, DEC. 17TH 2012. The same part broke each time. It was the drain pump. All three times the washer has flooded through the ceiling and onto my hardwood floor.

Also, it left me without a washer for three week time periods in which I had to pay at a laundry mat. First of all I think it is wrong that the same part has had to be replaced three times. I was under my warrenty all three times but the last time the repair man said it would be around two hundred and fifty dollars and we were responsible for paying for it because we were " abusive to our washer", the reason being that there were three coins in it.

I have done a few loads of laundry in my lifetime and owned several washes( all whirlpool) and never heard that 2 quarters and a nickle could be responsible for this. The craftmanship on this washer is a poor design and like all other washer that I have owned there has been no problem until this one.

Is there not some kind of lemon law on this since it has been the same part all along? I am very disgusted with whirlpool and lowes. I refused to pay for a washer repair for fear it would break again and be a waste of my money and have more repairs made to my home. I purchased a LG front load the next day from another local business in Columbus IN.

My husband and I are local business owners with two kids struggling like everyone else we work hard for our money and should receive some kind of reimbusement for this faulty washer. I feel that we have been treated unfair by lowes dept store. They said we should take our complaint up with Whirlpool. We will never buy from Lowes again and they are being poor representives of your products and don't back up what they sale even under warrenty. I feel that a washers life should be longer than what I was given with this one. Thank You

Customer Rating

Not even a year old my refreigeration stopped working.. Thrice the technician have come out and could not fx it..The customer service people are so rude and doesn't even know what was said on the log and not taking step right awayand not even callling us back and let us know what to do next tem.. I spoke to Karen (tennese) ID 3 84947 and her phone number is 1866 640 7146x3494 could not even talk to the technical department and get the help for replacement.. I had call them several times to ask them what wourl be the next step
On a quick not want to bring to your notice that when you cannot repair why don't you replace it as soon as possible
call me back if you have any questiosn at 732 446 1192

Customer Rating

I purchased Kitchen Aid double wall oven in 2000 ( KEBS208DSS) and have had to repair it three times for a complete shutdown when using the self clean option. It takes 2 Whirlpool technicians to pull the whole thing out of the wall to replace the fuse or fix the thermostat. These same technicians informed us that this is a well known product defect and discouraged us from using the self clean option or it will happen again. When I spoke to the service department at Whirlpool, they were most unhelpful. If you google this complaint it appears there are many people with this common problem, however Whirlpool contends there are no complaints on file.
Please advise.
Karen Jensen

Contact the Whirlpool Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Whirlpool. What is their corporate mailing address?

2000 N. M-63, Benton Harbor, MI 49022-2692
  • I want to call the Whirlpool customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

269-923-5000
  • I need to visit the Whirlpool company website. What is their website address?