Customer Service Rating
1.96 out of 5 Stars
Based on 102 Votes

Whirlpool Complaints

send your feedback directly to the corporate office

Whirlpool Corporation is an American manufacturer/retailer of major/minor home and commercial appliances. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:WHR. Revenues in 2014 were reported at US 19 billion and losses were reported of US 650 million in 2014. With over 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and research facilities worldwide, Whirlpool products are sold in Sears, Home Depot and Lowes among other stores.

If you experience a problem with a Whirlpool product you need look no further than the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com to find an easy contact us with sign-on, chat and ‘find a retailer’. The main customer service number is 1-866-698-2538. You may also schedule a service call here.  If you prefer to contact the CEO, Jeff Fettig at the Whirlpool Corp. corporate headquarters, please address you communication to him at 2000 N. M-63, Benton Harbor, MI, 49022 or call corporate offices at 269-923-5000. Self care videos can be found on YouTube.

Founded in 1911, by Louis Upton and Emory Upton, Whirlpool has a long history of mergers, sell offs and a main acquisition in 2006 of Maytag. Whirlpool is a principle supporter of Habitat for Humanity and invented freeze-dried ice cream for NASA in 1968. You may find the Whirlpool Facebook page a helpful support.

Whirlpool Contact Information

phone number, email address, and business hours
  • Corporate offices

269-923-5000

• Hours of operation

9am-5pm PST

Top 102 Whirlpool Customer Service Reviews

Is Whirlpool ripping you off? File your complaint here first!

I purchased a Maytag Bravos washing machine in November 2015. The first problem was 2 months after I purchased the machine stopped working for whole day, it wouldn`t even start. So I called the store and they told me to contact Whirlpool Customer and I did, they advised me to unplug machine for few hours and retry which I did and magically it seemed to have fixed it self. Now again problem.....it started, added water then stopped, meanwhile for the last 2 days machine not working and I have soaked clothes sitting in machine.

I called customer service and was told that the Canadian Department was closed due to being Saturday and was also informed that would be closed Tuesday which is Independence Day, to which I replied that here in Canada we have Canada Day and Canadian Customer service shouldn`t be closed July 4th.......well apparently they are because our Canada Customer Service Office is not in Canada...well have to commend Whirlpool with such a reasonable and logical approach for us Canadian whom by the way at a high Canadian price, in our Canadian stores, with our Canadian money, purchase your products.....maybe you need to rethink this arrangement and supply Customer Service for your Canadian Customers.

Also, in my experience of purchasing appliances that you should not have any problems or issues with any BRAND NEW APPLIANCES, especially within a few months.....seriously there is no justification or reason for it other than your products are low quality appliances done at low standards and obviously are just as reliable as your Customer Service.....I`ve purchased in the past many Kenmore Appliances and never was there any issues while these were BRAND NEW and years (and I mean at least 5-6 years later) if there was a SMALL issue, I definitely had reliable Customer Service and technician within 24 hrs in my home servicing my issue.....Well this is the first time I purchased from Maytag and I am not impressed and even less satisfied!!!

"The serviceman sitting on the floor in your add guaranteeing your appliance and service...wonder where he is!!" Start standing behind your products, your customer service and YOUR CUSTOMERS who have given their hard earned money to get your products that you as a company through advertising.

Comment (0)

Purchased Whirlpool washer 02/29/16 it stopped working after 3 weeks. 2 month and 5 service calls later I still have to go to the laundromat. Customer service hard to get a hold of. It takes forever for the technician to get parts, just to find out it didn't fix the problem. Customer service does not care at all about the inconvenience this is for me. I'm working full time and have to spend long times just trying to get a hold of customer service. Be at home during the day for 3 hours plus for the technician and still take my cloth to the laundromat.

Comment (0)

We bought ALL new Whirlpool appliances in November 2015, Refrigerator, Stove, Dishwasher, and Microwave. After having these for a few months our refrig stopped making ice, repair guy came and found the piece that was no longer working. The very next week, my microwave started "arching" is what they said, but when I called they had me put some water in the microwave to see if there was further damage, since it didn't arch with the water they decided it didn't need to be repaired even though the arching left a black mark on the side of my microwave.

Now remember these are all BRAND NEW appliances bought from Home Depot. From the time we bought these appliances, my dishwasher has not wash my dishes very well, it leaves all this gritty stuff all over my dishes especially my glasses. So I have the repair guy come again. Now Monday of this week, I noticed that the light on the stove that tells you when you still have your stove on was staying lit up. So I turn on all the buttons and made sure they were turned off and they were. However my light still continues to stay on, another trip for the repair guy but not for a whole week.

And if all this was not bad enough, I tried to get ice this morning and the ice maker is not making ice anymore AGAIN! When we bought all new appliances, we really thought we were buying an upgrade since all the appliances were quite expensive, however not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT ALL 4 appliances have required to have the repair guy come and he will still have to come again next week to repair the refrigerator and the stove. My husband has taken off work to work with these repair guys. This is getting crazy and I am about to throw them outside!

Comment (0)

We received a brand new two door refrigerator on April 19th at 5:30 in the evening. The refrigerator was still not working at all the morning of April 20th. We immediately contacted Whirlpool and you refused to replace this BRAND NEW REFRIGERATOR which had not even been in my home 12 hours - but wanted to FIX the compressor - which was dead. Finally Whirlpool agreed to a new refrigerator on Friday the 22nd and told me it would take up to 14 days to deliver a new one! My husband and I are octogenerians with medicine need to be refrigerated.

We then had to buy a small college type refrigerator to see us through - and this has caused such hardship because we cannot bring food of any quantity into our home. Whirlpool has handled this badly. We should not have been given any hard time and also a new refrigerator should have been delivered as soon as possible - not up to two weeks later. We still do not have any refrigerator. At the very least please see to it that our refrigerator is delivered very soon.

Comment (0)

I purchased a h2low wash system he from Lowes a few years ago. It is the worst washing machine I have ever had! It does not get clothes clean and I have to rewash clothes all the time. My husband and I are older and our clothes don't get that dirty. I also bought the dryer but it is ok. The other complaint is the clothes MUSHROOM and I know you know what I mean. I thought I would never have to buy another machine but looks like I will.

Comment (0)

I have had my refrigerator for almost 5 years now and have had nothing but trouble with it Now i can't even put a filter in the fridge because there seems to be a blockage of some kind. have always had a problem putting in a new filter and now have to go without a filter because i can't get another into the slot at the bottom of the fridge even with the strong help of others. Other than that the fridge has been OK but would definitely think twice before getting another Whirlpool.

Comment (0)

Bought my Whirlpool refrigerator from Lowes (not even two years old) ending up breaking down. The reason for this letter is I am very, very upset with what has happened with the parts of this refrigerator. Not even two years this frig was brand new when bought. I lost all my food when I lost the fan. I had the insurance but $150.00 does not cover half of the cost that I lost. I am appalled at how easy the parts fail after not even two years of use. This is not right. I am going to pursue this I am not going to let this happen to others. I bought this in good faith and with hard working money and I expected quality parts. If I did not have the insurance it would of cost a fortune to fix it. You people owe us big time. I would understand If it was longer being owned but not even two years that is a lemon.

Comment (0)

Our refrigerator just stopped running. Not even 4 yrs old yet . (our 2nd one) Plus it had to be fixed after about a year. Whirlpool said they could give a discount but we had to order new fridge from Whirlpool. said would be delivered 4/5/16. That's a 2 week wait. So we haven't had a refrigerator for 2 weeks. They called last week & said the refrigerator is on back order. No delivery date. We don't have a refrigerator, I am very unsatisfied with this company & the way they handle things. I don't understand why we can't go to a store & get one with same discount!. Very poor customer service! From reading the reviews I am not alone. I only wish I read before.

Comment (0)

I purchased a refrigerator and dishwasher at lowes on the same date just over a year ago so just over the warranty period. The refrigerator no longer makes ice and the whirlpool repair service advised that the ice unit needs to be replaced. The dishwasher stopped draining last week and the repair service advised it was a bad control unit. The dishwasher needs to be replaced as it is not cost effective to repair. It is significant to me that both of your products have such short lives. What, if anything, is whirlpool willing to do for new? Why should I continue to purchase whirlpool products with such a poor track record?

Comment (0)

I have a Maytag Bravos XL..had it for less than a year and it became so loud that it sounded like a freight train. It has been broken now for over a month and I get one excuse after another. They have ordered well over $700 in parts for this washer and have not repaired it yet!!! I didn't pay that much for the washer!!!! Am so disappointed in this product and all I get from customer service and supervisors is "I'm sorry".

Comment (0)

We purchased a brand new Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Appliance Center in Maumee, Ohio on November 11, 2015. On December 29, 2015 I had a service call for both due to my polyester work shirts having snags all over them. Ace appliance repair could not find anything with either the washer or the dryer. The technician said he would order a new drum for the dryer. I did not want my new appliance being torn apart to have a drum placed. I returned to Appliance Center and the manager said he would replace the dryer with a new one.

Well Ace appliance came back out and the service technician was unable to locate a problem again with either the washer or the dryer. On January 16, 2016 we returned the washer and dryer to Appliance Center. Where the manager was very annoyed with us and treated us poorly.We then purchased a new Speed Queen washer and dryer and have not had a problem with them.

My work shirts are $65.00 a piece and it ruined all three of them. As you can see this has been a very frustrating event for our family. I have attached a picture of my work shirts along with other shirts that this washer and dryer ruined. We did purchase a new stove, a new refrigerator and a new dishwasher all Whirlpool and have been pleased with them so far. I would like to see that my Fire Department shirts should be replaced by Whirlpool. This I believe is a very fair request.

Comment (0)

Top load washing machine bought 09/2014. Bought the 3 year warranty, machine barrel has a bad bearing and load as hell, called in for service,, the machine is a year old when the problem started. It took 10 days for a tech to come out who was recommend by the seller, Lowe's, the tech comes out and says," Ive never worked on this type of machine". He left and from that say, it took him 2 months to order the part and then claimed the machine repairable.

Bought an extended warranty, ,which is not refundable, so how does a brick and mortar company like Lowe's just have one appliance company for San Antonio, population over 2 mil and have a tech say I cant fix your 1 year old machine? I'm a risk assessment manager, and this is the worst kind of service I have ever seen or experienced, this is totally unacceptable! Lowe's is fitting it and your system doesn't even she the model number which is WTW8540BW1! I like how the customer gets washed under the table and the inconveniences fall on the customer! Your willing to sell a piece of shit and than charge extra to have piece of mind and still cant get the piece of shit fixed!

Comment (0)

I am so shocked and dismayed by Whirlpool. Several years ago we purchased a Whirlpool water heater and have had nothing but missery and grief. My last contact with Whirlpool gave me a true indication how much Whirlpool cares about their customers--not at all. I have had nothing but issues with this water heater since it was purchased and have made numerous calls to the service center. For the past few years I kept the helpline number posted to my fridge, knowing I will be using it again and again.

The first problem began about a year after we purchased the water heater. The pilot light kept going out. I was told that there was a filter underneath and I should get a long-handled brush and clean it off. Did so, it worked for about two weeks and the pilot light started going out again. Called the center again. This time was told that I needed to continue cleaning it. Now this is no easy task for a women who is 65 years old. The water heater sits about 3 in. off the floor. Finally after restarting the pilot light weekly for about a year it would not longer restart. I was sent a thermal couple and told I had to replace it myself. Again does a 65 year-old woman really need to be doing this? No. I read the instructions and the numerous warning about how I could blow up my house if it wasn't done correct. So, I hired a plumber.

Then shortly after that it started leaking. Called the service center again and was told it was just condensation. So I continued to wipe up the water for the next few years. It still leaks. However, the pilot light has stopped going out. Now it is making some really weird noises. Sound like tennis shoes in the dryer. Looked it up on line and read it could be a sediment problem and the tank needs to be flushed. OK. So my daughter and I drained it and ran water through for 20 minutes. Now the leak is dripping faster and the noise is still there.

Called the Service Center again (by now we should be on first name basis.) I was simple told he didn't know what could be causing that sound and that if it is just thumping noises I should be able to live with that. Now I am pissed (sorry). Had a plumber come and check it and he thinks the inter-tank is leaking and it should be replaced. I think it is time for Whirlpool to step up to the plate and replace this lemon of a water heater.

Comment (0)

Being the unfortunate owner of a Whirlpool Dish Washer, I have now had 3 of these units in a space of 3 years with the same problem. The Soap Dispenser keeps failing. Whirlpool South Africa has the Standard reply, We are waiting for parts. This takes up to a year, Then they respond with, We do not make that model anymore.

Comment (0)

We bought all new Whirlpool appliances for our kitchen in August 2014. We chose Whirlpool because it is American made and we bought our niece a gas range. Last week our gas range would not work. All the burners and broiler would work but not the oven. We had our lines moved to gas to be able to have a gas range. Today we had to have a service repair person come and he replaced the ignitor and with service call it was $133. Now I'm concerned since our refrigerator, range, dishwasher are all Whirlpool. Very disappointed in your product

Comment (0)

I have had my Kitchenaid/Whirlpool dishwasher since April 2010. I have recently had a professional out to replace a seal in the door, the gasket on the vent, and the unit still leaks. The only places left are the metal body and door. I called to say I wanted the warranty honored. I was told one of their servicers had to verify. I agreed. Their servicer came out, at the agreed time. He did not bother to protect my hardwood floors from his muddy shoes. He absolutely reeked of ciggerette smoke. He proceeded to try and push me into paying for the same repairs, I had done last week, because he would not warranty the parts under warranty, unless I paid him to replace parts, a week old. I told him he was here to verify the leak, not push me into more repair costs.

At this point, he began slamming his tool box together and exclaimed "Thanks for wasting my time". He was so bombastic and rude, my seventeen year old son came out, as he felt the need to protect me. I called the Kitchenaid warranty number in my pamphlet to see about the warranty. They refused without making me pay for their esteemed professional to do the same work a real professional already did. The best I was given was 30% off a new appliance. When they won't honor their 20y warranty on the one I have, telling me their unprofessional is so much better than the one I used, who did protect my floors, and treated me with respect, I have no faith left in this company, or its servicers.

Comment (0)

My electric range Model # RB720DHIWW Serial # RF 264777R was purchased at Home Depot. The displayed GE model I agreed to was not in stock so an equal range (Hotpoint) was purchased instead and delivered on 10-5-15. I noticed that the drawer face is not the same as the GE brand in that the grip groove is not deep enough to allow for easy pull open especially if you have wet fingers. I'm requesting replacement of the drawer to same as the GE brand. I have submitted a sketch by postal mail to your office at 2000 N. M-63 Benton Harbor 49022 -2692 showing what I believe it should be changed to to avoid any other future complaints by other customers.

Comment (0)

I purchased all new Whirlpool kitchen appliances in 2013 which included a wall oven and microwave. I called to registrar the my oven with the recall. That began 7-29-15. The sent a repair man out on 8-10-15 to test the oven and it failed. They took the oven rack and said someone would be in touch with my about my customer complaint. No one got in tough so I called starting on 9-23 thru 10-5 and was finally told it would be mid October. I called on 10-27 and 10-30 as no one came to replace the unit. I did a VM from Lori at Whirlpool customer complaint department, saying today it would be mid Dec before they would ship a new unit. Since the top rack will not a hold any rack we can not use the broiler on the oven. And i can not think of a reason that it takes 5 months to replace what they made poorly.

Comment (0)

Purchased a stove model number AGR423BAW0 - SER # VE5379312 on 10-14-15 used it for the first time on 10-24-2015 noticed that pans placed on racks over burners slipped off and will fall to the floor. One of the most dangerous conditions I have ever seen or experienced. Whirlpool needs to fix this asap or they risk more customer complaints like mine!

Comment (0)

I bought my whirlpool washing machine WWT80x last January 23,2015 at SM Appliance Center Lucena City. It was barely 5 months and the drier of the machine is already out of order. It was serviced by Diamzon Enterprises this afternoon and said it was ok but when i used it after they left it won't dry again. The sound also is not good like something is wrong really. I want my machine replaced.

Comment (0)

I bought a whirlpool stackable washer and dryer 22 months ago. Model number WFC7500VW/serial number CD31029976. The power control board broke on the washer 1 month ago, part number W10192966. Whirlpool has a national back order on this part. They can't tell me if the part will be available in 1 week or in 1 year.

So, should I trash a less than 2 year old, $1400.00 appliance or should I wait? No one at Whirlpool has any idea how long it takes to produce a power control board. Nor could they tell me how many have been backordered or how long this part has been backordered and no, they have no idea why there is a delay. No one at Whirlpool has any information about this.

Their loyal customers should sit back and wait or run out and buy a brand new Whirlpool washer to replace it. Interesting marketing strategy.

Comment (0)

We purchased these items approximately 5 months ago. At three months we were listening to a high pitch whining sound coming from the washer. We called for a repairman to come out and were told that the sound was normal. We do not feel that it is a normal sound. We can hear the sound in our upstairs living room with the basement door closed.

We are a family of two, both retired and do not have an abundance of wash to do; typically, 3 medium sized loads a week. We are not over loading the machine and see no reason why a new machine would make this kind of sound. The machine we replaced was 20 years old and significantly quieter.

We are extremely unhappy with this purchase and feel like we are stuck with a product that is defective.

Comment (0)

I don't even want to leave one star. We re did our kitched two years ago-bought the Whirlpool large cabinet depth refrigerator/freezer. It has gone out (won't cool) two times in two years. We have the extended warranty and it has been two weeks and NO call back yet. The cooktop sucked--never got hot enough to boil water. And the dishwasher got a small slow leak in the pump. Dripped water under the appliance and ruined our wood floor. Black mold.

Three lousy Whirlpool appliances. I will NEVER ever ever get another one. Really--can I leave no stars?

Comment (0)

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model #WRS 325 FNAH00. Purchased in September 2014 at HHGregg. The refrigerator side door sticks out further than the freezer side door. Three service calls from two different service companies and the servicemen could not fix it.

The last serviceman called the Whirlpool tech line and they told him that the refrigerator side door has the wrong gasket on it and it cannot be replaced because of the way that it is attached to the door at the factory. I spoke with two different supervisors in two different call centers and was given the run-a-round by both, always being asked the same questions and not being able to retrieve the results of the service calls.

The last one Peggy Moore was supposed to call me back and never did. I left messages on her voice mail which she has not responded to. They talk in circles making me call various departments giving the same information over and over again in the hope that I will be discouraged and give up and go away.

Comment (0)

On 03-05-15, I purchased a refrigerator water filter from your Whirlpool store by phone. It was thru a promo code: SPECIAL. Security code 5121.Filter P/N 4396841. If I remember right, this is the 4th time I have ordered filters through this special promo. Never any problem before until this time. I called 03-13-15. Was told filter had been returned. No reason given. Checked your records. You had only my residence address. We have no home delivery, so all mail is addressed to a P.O. Box. which I gave to the lady that took my call. 03-30-15 still no filter. I asked the lady that took my call if both addresses were on the shipping label. She informed me she had no way of knowing what addresses were on the label. 04-06-15 called again. I was informed it took up to 10 working days for delivery. Today is 04-20-15 still no filter. I like these prices as I do change filters when the red light comes on. HOWEVER. If you feel that you can't handle this problem, can you at least give credit on my credit card. You have the number.

Comment (0)

I have a Whirlpool Refrigerator. Whirlpool service man was called on 05/13 2014 because of ice in freezer. The drain line was changed. Whirlpool service was called on 06/07/2014 because of frost in freezer. Changed door slides. Whirlpool service man was called on 04/09/2015 because refrigerator was not working. Service man came on 04/14/2015 and wrote that Compressor extremely hot. Residue of leaking in drain pan and around compressor. 40 deg. + in freezer, no temp in fridge. Said it would take 3 to 5 days to order part.

After 6 days, I called Whirlpool service Dept. and was told that my claim was denied. I was told that I did not perform maintenance on the drip pan, so it was my fault. Tried to talk, but all she would say is that I did not do the required maintenance. I looked up all I could about maintenance and the only thing I could find was from page 13, of the Whirlpool User Instruction Manual. "There is no need for routine condenser cleaning in normal home operating environments. If the environment is particularly greasy or dusty, or there is significant pet traffic in the home, the condenser should be cleaned every 2 to 3 months to ensure maximum efficiency."

This is the only thing I could find that is remotely close to what they are saying about maintenance. There is nothing about the drip pan. I believe, I have a normal home operating environment. I don’t have pets, a greasy or dusty environment, and a whirlpool service man serviced the refrigerator on 05/13/2014 to change the drain line, I think that has something to do with the drip pan, and again on 06/07/2014 to change the door slides, so I think that should cover the maintenance issue. I would like you to tell me in what manual does it say that I have to do maintenance on the drip pan.

Comment (0)

When we purchase six split and one window 1 ton ac, their dealer and also confirm that all installation charges is include in this billing rate, only if any futher pipe is require, you will provide only pipe,no other extra charges will be charge. Now after four days they are asking Rs.50/-extra per mtr charges, and first you pay then only we will install, and also extra gas charge @650/- p.kg.It means if 20 meter pipe extra fix in one ac , total six ac extra cost Rs.6000/- and Rs.7200/-already pay by us to dealer for installation. Total labour charges Rs.7200 + 6000 =13200 we should pay, in a day,what is this non sence. Is this your service man salary for a day is Rs.13200/- please look into this.

Comment (2)

My brand new Whirlpool refrigerator is leaking water all over the floor.When I called customer service to get it repaired they tell me their computer is down and please call back in an hour (the 1st time) or tomorrow (the 2nd time).

After 20 minutes on the phone each time, I'm asked to call back, but they can't guarantee that their computer will be working when I do. They asked me to send a copy of my receipt, since they had the date of purchase recorded incorrectly. In 3 to 5 days they should be able to process the information, which goes to another department. They can't send anyone to repair the problem because they can't look up the local "authorized" repairman on their computer, in spite of the fact that I have his name and number from the seller.

Meanwhile the laminate flooring under the fridge is starting to bubble up from the water leaking out while they give me the run-around. They're "sorry" my flooring will be ruined, but no one wants to do anything to solve the issue by letting me call the local authorized repairman directly. A call to the seller would resolve the issue, but they refuse. Whirlpool's refrigerator doesn't work, their computers don't work, and their customer service doesn't work.My advice is DO NOT BUY a Whirlpool product.

Comment (0)

I purchased the Cabrio Whirlpool washer and dryer. Washer doesn't always wash - even leaves some things dry. Dryer does not dry - even after resetting for additional time. I even put it on Bulk Load - 70 minutes - for some thin items, then gave it 20 minutes more on Timed Dry. STILL NOT DRY. So I spread them out over things to dry. I just thought maybe I got a lemon until I read other complaints.

Please I had a Whirlpool set before and LOVED IT. This one I have read so many complaints about. WHIRLPOOL please don't let me down. PLEASE help me out here. Thank YOU!!!!!!! Rate Experience? 1 - 5... is 1 good or bad? 1 being bad - then one; 5 being bad then 5.

Comment (0)

Bought Whirlpool washer 3/31/2015, del. 4/2/2015. Drain hose to short, have called company 5 times, they tell me I'll have to buy a longer drain hose, this is nonsense the hoses are way to short one size does not fit all. Lowe's nor Home Depot have a fix for this issue. I'm ready to call the company H>H>Gregg and tell them I'm returning it, I shouldn't have to pay a plumber to come fix this. Whirlpool should make good on this. Any other ideas for me ? Will never BUY another product made buy you guys if someone isn't more helpful.

Comment (0)

I have just purchased over $3000 worth of whirlpool appliances. I received $5.00 off for a broiler pan. I can't believe you don't have one in the oven. How cheap is that? Isn't a broiler pan part of any oven? Also the front of the bottom drawer is BLUE. Who wants a blue drawer. I hope this can be replaced with either black or stainless steel. I love my fridg and microwave dishwasher not installed yet I hope that is O.K. I hope this can be resolved. You don"t want an unhappy customer.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher from Lowe's in Palm Coast, Florida in July of 2013 with an extended protection plan. Now, in March 2015, when I went to wipe the top edge of the door with a wet paper towel, the paint chipped off. Lowe's suggested that I contact Whirlpool, which I did. They told me that because it was out of Lowe's one year warranty (The protection plan is a five-year plan.) it was not covered. They suggested I call an appliance repair service. They said that a tech could come out ($78.00) to assess the problem. I would still need to pay for the repair, and if necessary, for a new door as well. The damage is severe enough for me to want it repaired and I feel that Whirlpool should be responsible since this is shoddy workmanship and poor quality control at the point of manufacture. I see from other complaints that this has also happened to another customer.

Comment (0)

Installed new water heater and element broke got a replacement and that one broke in half and fell in tank. used old element and got it working. called whirlpool to ask them about discount due to my two day ordeal. The tech said it was due to improper installation and would not give me anything for my troubles on a brand new water hearer. i did the same filling and purging the tank of any air all three times. i will never buy a whirlpool product ever again. Customer service was poor and quality of product doesn't seem to be good. i hope someone contacts me about this issue and makes this right. I also working in sales and customer service and if one of my customers had issues with new equipment i would send out a replacement or at least offer it. I feel like with whirlpool once you bought it your stuck with it, considering lowes will not take the water heater back unless whirlpool agrees. I am serious when i say i will never buy from whirlpool again and i will tell anybody who asks not to get this brand.

Comment (0)

Bought a Whirlpool Microhood 1.7CF Nov. 7,20 hooked it up, worked for a week then quit working consitently. Upper door latch was not closing correctly. was not latching all the way. Called 800 number and was givven a number for warrenty service. Sevice man came , looked it over and took it to the warrenty aproved shop for service. We were told that they had trouble getting parts to repair it and they would let us know when they would be bringing it back.Finally got it back after January 2015. The repair man brought the microwave in, got it in and tried heating up a cup of coffee. tried a couple times to see that it worked and left. Worked for a day and a half, then quit heating.. Since then it just sits there . Not useable. The repair man said that it took so long to return it because they had a hard time finding part to repair the darn thing. This is the reason we have not contacted anyone sooner. Seems that we made a bad decision buy this product in the first place. Don' t believe we would buy another whirlpool product again.

Comment (0)

I own a whirlpool side by side with ice and water on front. The ice will not come out. Serviceman said its a ongoing problem and cannot be corrected. Very upsetting as this is reason we purchased this model.

Comment (0)

I am buying a trailer from clayton mobile I got the trailer in August of 2014. The trailer is brand new single wide 2013 come with brand new appliance dishwasher, stove, refridge. So I've decide to use the dishwasher which is Thursday night I left dishes in there until the next day .So that Friday they was still in there I was about go to bed we start seeing smoke and smell something burning my pizza cutter plastic was burning note I haven't use the dishwasher since Thursday why the heating element still hot . And I've use it several time all sudden this happen what if we had fell asleep we could've die from smoke I turn it off from the breaker that's only way it went off. I've just lost a child life is to precious please take time to see what's going on .GOD BLESS AMERICAN

Comment (0)

We bought a Whirlpool dishwasher after putting it in the dishwasher never dried the dishes. The contractor was called to come out and check the dishwasher. We were told the part the dishwasher needed was not available. We bought the dishwasher in December we finally got it replaced on February 7th but quess what this dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes neither if I'm going to have to take the dishes out and dry them before I can put them up. I don't need a dishwasher it just makes it harder. The contractor was called on this dishwasher on the 7th it is now the 20th of February and we haven't heard anything from them. I will never buy another whirlpool product. I wouldn't even give Whirlpool one star.

Comment (0)

I have a Whirlpool washing maching model number WTW5700XL2 that was purchased in Sept 2011. It was working fine when I moved it into storage in November 2012. I have just moved it out of storage in September 2013 and it is not starting. I contacted a service tech and he has stated I need a new motor. He also advised me to contact Whirlpool directly to see if they could help any on this repair since it was in storage for 9 months.

On my first phone call to Miranda in TN I was told that my warranty was out of date but she would place me on hold to see what she could do. I was then told about a Repair Plus 1 should could do for me. She could send a repair person out and extend my warranty for 1 year for $309.95. I had to give her a call back so she noted this on my account. After 2 more attempts to contact Whirlpool I finally reached someone in MI. I was told this was not a option.

After speaking to a Supervisor, Dana ID# 3561 in TN, I was still told this was not an option. As a customer service manager myself I find this unacceptable. My company does everything in our power to make sure our customers are happy and satisfied. If we make a offer, even in error, we stand behind that offer. If it cost our company money we still stand behind what we say. The fact that this supervisor did not attempt to offer any resolution to my problem is extremely dissapointing. Exactly what do you think customer service is? EVERY APPLIANCE I CURRENTLY OWN IS A WHIRLPOOL. If this is how I am treated as a customer I will NEVER purchase another Whirlpool appliance.

Comment (0)

The first part of this complaint concerns an order for a refrigerator, washer and dryer which we were told that the order was never placed after waiting for the delivery and being told it was out for delivery. We then canceled the order and went out an bought Sumsung appliances. Our new home has a whirlpool stove. The oven does not work. We had a repairman out on the 21st of September. We were told it would take 5 to 10 days for the part to come in. We called today (October 3) and found out the part is on back order. Now we are told it will be another 5 days. We should have been called earlier.

Comment (0)

I am not going to do a whole spill i really cant be bothered wasting that much more time on Whirlpool Australia. It took less then 18mths for our brand new fridge to start playing up!!!! -whirlpool were contacted and theyre Tech in the area sent out -Tech opinion after fixin appliances for over 25yrs this is the worst case ive seen of this model and trust me theres been a heap ive fixed. Tech replaced that he had to for warrenty purposes and gave me 3wks before hed have to be back to start the replacement process - It was 2wks.

Started the process -after not hearing from them for 2wks i called... -Whirlpool forgot to ask for my email address to forward the reciept to - i waited for the email that i had to respond to with the copy of the reciept nothing for 2 days!!!!! - i phoned AGAIN... - finally a day later i recieved the email from whirlpool requesting a copy (they were happy with an email of the pic as i dont have a scanner) of the orginal receipt didnt hear anytyhing for a week so yet again.

Called not only did i get the most rudest customer service operater she also went on to inform me its not in whirlpool's policy to provide or organise a loan fridge or food voucher ( we are a young family of 3 who live week to week and saving for a new fridge was a struggle long story short we went 11wks withoout a fridge no customer service helpin us out with the extra food bill cost nor a loan fridge!!!! one very and very pissed of customer that will NEVER buy whirlpool again nor will my family, friends or anyone else i can stop from buying whirpool!!!! our savings for a 1st ever family trip has had to be used to buy day to day meals.

Comment (0)

Let me begin with a positive, the customer service representative that I spoke to today was very helpful and kind. Whirlpool is sending me a new control board. That's nice too. What I'm concerned about is the future. How can I be certain that this won't be a fire hazard even after it is replaced? Not to sound dramatic, but I feel that my life is in danger with this faulty water heater! I think I should be given a new one with free installation.

Dear Sir/madam,
I purchased a Whirlpool Microwave Oven in 2004 and have been continuing AMC without fail ever since the original guarantee expired. The last AMC was supposed to be due in Feb 2013. My Microwave oven(model No:MT263) stopped working in the first week of Jan2013 and service personnel came to inspect the machine on 4th Jan2013. They could see that error message"Door Open" was being displayed when the machine was switched on. The guy opened the machine to rectify this and ended up messing up the whole machine. The machine failed to switch on and he told me that the machine has to be taken to the sevice center for full check up.The machine was taken away on the 9th of jan 2013. Upon enquiry,I was told several times that parts are not readily available and will take some time to arrive from the HO. And in April 2013, he told the repair of the machine will be a costly affair since magnetron has to be replaced . I told him about the AMC but he said as per records with the company the AMC has already expired. I told about the AMC document with me showing validity till the first week of Feb2013. They wanted to inspect the document and a photocopy was duly provided to him. EVER SINCE I AM YET TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM THE SERVICE CENTRE. I contacted the Customer Care Centre of Whirlpool through e-mail and phone and they informed that the "Concerned Department" will get in touch with me but NOBODY HAS CONTACTED ME SO FAR.It is 7 months since the machine was taken away from me and NOWADAYS EVEN CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER of WHIRLPOOL ignores my mails regarding this. What should I do to get justice? IF they dont care about repairing old Microwave Oven , why should they take money all these years in the name of AMC? Is this the way helpless customers are treated and robbed by a mutlinational company?

Comment (0)

I purchased Kitchen Aid double wall oven in 2000 ( KEBS208DSS) and have had to repair it three times for a complete shutdown when using the self clean option. It takes 2 Whirlpool technicians to pull the whole thing out of the wall to replace the fuse or fix the thermostat. These same technicians informed us that this is a well known product defect and discouraged us from using the self clean option or it will happen again. When I spoke to the service department at Whirlpool, they were most unhelpful. If you google this complaint it appears there are many people with this common problem, however Whirlpool contends there are no complaints on file.
Please advise.
Karen Jensen

Comment (1)

I bought a side by side 8/18/2012 and it's been nothing but trouble. Now the in door ice maker doesn't work. we have a condo in savannah and we hardly use the thing and we can't get it to make ice. The switch is on, water is flowing and I bought it at Lowes. My whole house is whirlpool. I'm sick of this fridge and I'm sick of whirlpool. I shouldn't have to put up with this it is realy stressfull when we go there to relax and I have a appliance that is crap. The freezer door has been replaced and it still doesn't work. I plan on being there for the Thanksgiving holiday and I want results. my other house has whirlpool in it also and I believe we need to handle this.

Comment (0)

Hi,I am a customer of whirlpool Whirlpool refrigerator fridge last few
days I was facing problem  so I called up whirlpool to ractify this
problem.I got a call from Whirlpool Engineer Mr ashish everytme he called he
but didn’t tunred up on time finally he reached to my house on 9th Feb
2013  & did some work but seems he was not qualified as he was asking
everything on phone from his colleague also he took Rs 2310 rs as
well, as a result now machine is not working at all & he did some
wrong wiring also. Now when we are calling him he is starigh away
saying that he will not come.

I am sharing some information about engineer

Jobsheet No:- 1831
Name :-ashish
 (Sahar Service)
Cell no :-9212322134
9212322322/9212422422

This makes me to feel that i've made a wrong choice of buying ur
product keeping in mind about future service support.

Look fwd to receive ur response abt my complaint as it has kept me to
think about retaining ur product.

Santosh Dutt:- 9811631964/ 8860472383
Bhola Dutt:-9818071647

Comment (0)

I am extremely dissatisfied with service and very casual approach of Whirlpool. Please find the complaints & the chronological of events that has happened -
1. The first compliant was lodged on 11.04.13, job no.05699. On 12.04.13 their technician visited and filled the refrigerant and charged Rs. 2280/-.
2. 13.04.13 the same problem continued and called their technician once again.
3. After so many calls to Whirpool and their service agent, finally their technician came on 17.04.13 and charged Rs.200/- once again and tried to rectify the problem.
4. We tested the refrigerator for 10 days and now found that it was cooling alright but water was leaking in the refrigerator and spoiling vegetables and other things that was stored. On 02.05.13 once again lodged the compliant to Whirlpool and they informed that they would send technician once again and the Job no. is 00363.
5. On the same day evening their technician called and told that he would visit and would rectify the problem. But as usual did not bother to come and surprisingly he has closed the job no.
6. After waiting for couple of days called once again Whirpool and was told that the job no. is closed. How come without visiting and completing the job how could they close the job no. Now once again I have requested them to attend but so far no news from them and our refrigerator is still not repaired.
Kindly note that we store insulin and other life saving drugs which requires cool environment for storing and if the fridge is not working it would put us into severe hardships. I have told repeatedly about this and Whirlpool is least bothered.

6. Just now called your office and your receptionist told that their technician will call immediately but no body is bothered to call and attend to our problems. My repeated calls is being answered by this lady and she is always telling that her technician will call. This drama is going on now.

Now I would request you to take up with your management and attend to the problem without any further delay.

Comment (0)

Kitchen remolded 1st dishwasher last 7 years broke repair man charge $100.00 to just diagnose problem. Will cost more to fix then buy new one. Stove broke after 6.9 years. electronic Pad lights fade after .5 hr. Again service $100.00 said control pad is gone. We were sure there was more of a problem with Door not closing. Seconded dishwasher broke after 2.3 years called a different service. $130. to diagnose. main control board gone and water switch. At least he knew what is wrong with stove. Is door near hinges wont allow door to close and heat hits control pad. I guess that's why Americans buy foreign. Americans cant build an appliance that last at least 10 years or more. I will never buy American made again its just junk. I am finding Germans build better appliances.

Comment (0)

Not even a year old my refreigeration stopped working. Thrice the technician have come out and could not fx it..The customer service people are so rude and doesn't even know what was said on the log and not taking step right awayand not even callling us back and let us know what to do next tem. I spoke to Karen (tennese) ID 3 84947 and her phone number is 1866 640 7146x3494 could not even talk to the technical department and get the help for replacement. I had call them several times to ask them what wourl be the next step On a quick not want to bring to your notice that when you cannot repair why don't you replace it as soon as possible call me back if you have any questions.

Comment (0)

We purchased a washer #wfw9470ww1 on Jan. 4, 2011 from Burns Sevice Center in Clinton, SC. On Sep. 20, 2011 we had Burn's work on the drum. It made a extremely loud noise while spinning. Now it is doing it again. We have an extended warranty and work needed to be done by A & E Repair. They don't want to repair it. They will only offer us $650 to replace the washer. This is twice in less than 2 years we have had trouble with this machine. In looking on the internet I can see where there have been a lot of issues with this machine.

It will cost us $1068 to replace the machine through local Lowe's or Home Depot. That's a difference ot $418. I shouldn't be out the difference for a defective product. I haven't had any luck talking with representatives from A & E or Whirlpool. Can Whirlpool do something to help offset the difference in cost of this washer since it seems to be a common problem with this model? Please help!

Comment (0)

I have a whirlpool refrigerator that is 7 months old and freezer has quit. I have contacted whirlpool on 2 occasions and requested that they replace it under warranty after the service repair tech told me what was going to happen. My family has been without for 2 weeks now and nothing has been resolved. This has got to be the most insane way of doing business that I have heard of. They want to spend over 1000,00 dollars in repair parts plus labor and the repair tech said he couldn't guarantee that this would be a permanent fix.

We have been without for 2 weeks and don't know how much longer it will be till we are fixed. We spent over 2500.00 for this refrigerator and the action taken by Whirlpool corp. is totally unacceptable for customer service. This refrigerator should be replaced under a lemon law. I am going to contact BBB and my AG. There is no reason people should be have to deal with this kind of customer service.

Browse reviews of other Appliances

Have feedback for Whirlpool?