Whirlpool Customer Service

Contact Whirlpool Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-866-698-2538

Whirlpool Corporation is an American manufacturer/retailer of major/minor home and commercial appliances. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:WHR. Revenues in 2014 were reported at US 19 billion and losses were reported of US 650 million in 2014. With over 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and research facilities worldwide, Whirlpool products are sold in Sears, Home Depot and Lowes among other stores.

If you experience a problem with a Whirlpool product you need look no further than the website to find an easy contact us with sign-on, chat and ‘find a retailer’. The main customer service number is 1-866-698-2538. You may also schedule a service call here.  If you prefer to contact the CEO, Jeff Fettig at the Whirlpool Corp. corporate headquarters, please address you communication to him at 2000 N. M-63, Benton Harbor, MI, 49022 or call corporate offices at 269-923-5000. Self care videos can be found on YouTube.

Founded in 1911, by Louis Upton and Emory Upton, Whirlpool has a long history of mergers, sell offs and a main acquisition in 2006 of Maytag. Whirlpool is a principle supporter of Habitat for Humanity and invented freeze-dried ice cream for NASA in 1968. You may find the Whirlpool Facebook page a helpful support.

Upset with Whirlpool?

File a complaint here!

Reach Whirlpool Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Whirlpool corporate office

• 2000 N. M-63
    • Benton Harbor
    • MI 49022-2692

1-866-698-2538

24 hours a day online

Top Whirlpool Complaints

I had a previous whirlpool water heater a 12 year module that didn't last 6 years. It was replaced with another whirlpool water heater in August that has a deal defect. Given the will give me another but will not pay for it be better uninstalled. Why am I being penalized for you detect. I have to drain it after wk so no hot water the next day take a half day off work to wait for a plumber then pay to have it taken out and delivered back to Lowe's. That is not fair. You used to be a name i could trust, but that is not honorable practice. It's not my fault but I'm being punished.

Comment (0)

My parents purchased the set of SideKicks Freezer/Refrigerator during a remodel of their kitchen in January 2015, by July 2015, the rear of the unit froze up and quit working. When my parents called the store where the unit was purchased, they suggested that my mother defrost the coils with a hair dryer. Since the July 2015, the same freeze up issue has occurred every one to two months. As of November 2016, the "defrost with a hair dryer" trick no longer works. The unit does not cool and a recent online search of reviews for Whirlpool SideKicks indicates this has been a common problem and may be the result of a Freon leak in the unit.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Whirlpool Dryer under a year ago. The inside of the drum is peeling and they are trying to disclaim responsibility by saying it can be caused by zips, buttons etc. I have never heard such nonsense. I have heard of dryer drums showing gradual wear in areas from years of drying and high heat. Unfortunately now that they are producing a clearly substandard, cheap, flimsy product, they choose to point the finger at the consumer. They are saying it isn't covered under 'function failure'. They have failed miserably.

Comment (0)

I have had Whirlpool appliances my entire adult life. On September 26, 2016, my Cabrio washing machine that was 8 years old stopped spinning. I contacted Whirlpool.com for repair. I bought an extended service contract for a full year that would cover the washing machine. I was scheduled for a technician to come to my house. He arrived on September 28, 2016 and informed me it would take over $800.00 to repair the washer and they recommended not repairing it.

But, the extended coverage warranty would call me with a definite decision and explain my options. On October 3, 2016, I received a call and was told that I would receive a full refund for the cost I had paid for the warranty, $352.83. I had paid for the contract with a Visa thinking when there's a refund, it typically will take up to 14 days. On October 26, 2016, I called whirlpool.com and asked why my Visa had not been refunded, I was told it takes a full 30 days and that on November 3, 2016, I should receive the refund and if not, to contact them again. On November 4, 2016, I called again because there was not a refund on my account.

Customer service told me they "processed" a refund on November 3, 2016 and it would not be applied to my Visa until November 10,2016. Once more, I was directed to call back on that date if I haven't received the refund. When I asked for their physical address, i was initially told that she didn't know and put my call on hold once more. When she came back to the phone, she gave me a physical address and asked why did I want it. I told her I intend to write a letter of complaint regarding all of this.

I had to ask for my certificate number because I never received any information regarding this so called warranty via email nor via USPS as they had initially told me. This place is a total rip off and I have a feeling there will never be a refund. I question now if the service technician even knew what he was talking about.

Comment (0)

I have a 6 year old Kitchen aid refrigerator that needed some new parts. However three (3) times now the wrong parts have been sent out. Twice the repair man came out to my home got everything set up, had me remove 2 shelves of food and the part was wrong. The third time, at my suggestion, he called first to tell me the part was once again wrong. I have tried, several times, to talk to someone and get some answers and I am sent from one person to another.I have talked to a Whirlpool Executive, someone at AIG, and Diamond Factory. This has been going on for a month(30 days). The last person I spoke with told me the problem is being researched and she had no idea when my refrigerator will be repaired.In the mean time, I have thrown out spoiled food, and am totally exhausted and frustrated.

Comment (0)

I bought a Whirlpool Duet 2 years ago and It was fixed once a year ago and is broke down again. This time a need a part that is on backorder and they cannot tell me how long it will be on backorder. Am suppose to be without a washer until your company decides to get the parts made? I have never seen such bad customer service in my whole life. The part I need is W10604640 for model number WFW948EXR2. At this point I will never buy a whirlpool appliance again. My house if full of all whirlpool what a terrible decision I made.

Comment (0)

We have a chemical reduction filter model #WHELJ1 and serial number WHELJI6-132383044. Yesterday the head that the motor is mounted to busted on one side allowing water to flood our basement. Not sure if its under warranty but thought this was an odd break and wanted to know how I should proceed.

Comment (0)

I purchased five whirlpool appliances last year and have had nothing but trouble with 4 of the 5 appliances. The oven was replaced within 3 months, the dishwasher door has broke twice and now the four door refrigerator, which has been repaired three times now, has broken down once again, and the service department here in Florida doesn't feel that while the freezer is not working right, it's not any kind of emergency. Do not ever buy a whirlpool appliance again, they are horrible.

Comment (0)

Bought my stove in 2009 and have had the same problem after about a year or so. When the oven is on you cannot move the knobs or turn them off or turn them down. Since I cook in the oven and on top of the stove often this presents a problem. I have replaced one knob at a cost of $200.00 as while trying to turn off the knob I broke it. I cannot afford to replace the stove. Just have to leave burner on and wait for the oven to cool down. This happens sometimes and there's no way to predict when it's going to happen. It just happened yesterday and I am still a little upset. Cannot see myself buying any more of an your products. Thanks for reading this.

Comment (0)

I ordered a Whirlpool wall oven from abt.com on 9/5/16, and it was delivered quickly on 9/9/16. We removed my old oven the morning of the delivery in anticipation of installing the new one that afternoon. As we read the installation instructions, we got to Page 6 "Prepare Built-In Oven" and Item #6 which states: "Verify foam strip is attached to the back of the control panel as shown in the following picture below. If the foam strip is not present, please reference the 'Assistance or Service' section of the Use and Care Guide or contact the dealer from whom you purchased your built-in oven to order Part Number W10489273." Well, there was no foam strip on the back of the control panel, nor was there a Assistance or Service section in User Instructions.

The only phone number in the User Instructions was listed under Accessories, where you can order stainless steel cleaner or a broiler pan. But, I called it anyway. After waiting on the phone for a while, I decided to try calling abt.com instead to see if they could send me the part I needed, since installation instruction #6 said "or contact the dealer from whom you purchased your built-in oven". But of course, they didn't have it. Abt did give me a better phone number for Whirlpool.

I called and finally got through to inquire why I did not have a foam strip on the back of my control panel, and if I really needed it before installing my oven. Yes, I needed it, but the Customer Service rep could not explain why I didn't have it. She said she would have the part shipped to me via FedEx Ground, and that it would take 7-10 business days. When I said that 7-10 business days was totally unacceptable and I wanted it shipped overnight, I was told that they could not do that.

So now I have been without an oven for a full week, so I decided to call Whirlpool again this morning to check on my part and get a FedEx Tracking number. Customer Service reiterated that it would take 7-10 business days to receive it, but was able to get me the tracking number. When I went online to track it, I found that the part that I had ordered on Friday 9/9/16 was not shipped until Thursday 9/15/16. It is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday 9/20/16. So it took Whirlpool 4 business days to even ship my part, and it will take FedEx 3 business days to deliver it to me. But when you think about it, the worst part is they must know that the foam strip is missing from a significant number of their ovens, or instruction #6 wouldn't be printed in the installation manual.

I have been a loyal Whirlpool customer since 1974 when I purchased my first Whirlpool appliance, but have never been so disappointed with any appliance manufacturer at the sloppy and incompetent way they have handled my problem. I will be looking at a different brand when replacing my next major appliance.

Comment (0)

We purchased a new Whirlpool HE front loading washer in the late spring of this year, it is now leaking though cracks in the tub onto our floor, makes a jet engine noise when spinning out and front door will not close tightly with out slamming it. We have contacted Lucky Appliance where we purchased it, they say they are trying to get ahold of their rep, the repair man has been to our house several times, now we are told we need "new parts" we talked with customer service yesterday and got no satisfaction from Whirlpool corporate.

We are now into the 3rd week of this problem, we feel we are being ignored and avoided, we have requested a new washer and satisfaction for our problem and you all are not adequately addressing this issue. A company with your supposed reputation is not standing by your consumer promises.

We are angry, disappointed, frustrated with every one from the top down, if this is not addressed and rectified we will find ourselves in a situation where we will drop all investments in the Whirlpool corporation, refuse to purchase any Whirlpool appliance in the future and take to social media with out complaints. This not how I would expect a company with your experience and investment into the public to react.

Whirlpool's rating with us is below the pavement your get no stars from us.

Comment (1)

I purchased an oven with Serial Number R34912593 on November 29, 2013. When this appliance arrived at my home the back was damaged. When I called to have this item replaced as it was still new and not been used I was advised that a repairman would have to look at it first. The repair man came and replaced the whole back of the stove.

I have had the repairman to my home several times (3) since then as the handle on the oven door comes off without warning, making it impossible to use the oven. I enclose pictures. I called at approximately 3 p.m.on Friday August 26th to schedule an appointment and was advised someone would call to make this arrangement. I have yet to receive this call but expect it should come on Monday. That being said I am really tired of repairmen coming to my home and not fixing this problem.

Also the so called Aqua Lift Cleaning function doesn't exist as far as I am concerned. The water in the bottom of the oven does nothing to get rid of the dirt. The oven does not get hot enough to burn away the stains which make an oven unsightly. It has been my contention all along that the door or the stove be replaced. I will expect a reply from this e-mail within 5 business days or I will be contacting Consumer and Corporate Affairs.

Then we purchased another Maytag clothes dryer ( our first year warranty ends tomorrow the 20th.) and after nearly a year in service we concluded that the tearing and ripping of bath towels, wash cloths and assorted clothing was due to the dryer. We started watching the dryer closer and found that the dryer was indeed responsible. We went to the local Lowes store where we purchased the dryer and was told that they were not responsible for the damages; Whirlpool was. We contacted Whirlpool and they contacted a local repair service to determine what was wrong with the dryer.

During the first service call the repairman concluded that the basket and the seal on the drum were not functioning properly. He replace new ones and to no avail, the tearing and ripping continued. After the conclusion of the second service call, the repairman suggested that I contact Whirlpool. Since the warranty ends tomorrow, I decided to contact Whirlpool today. The lady I spoke with said the only thing Whirlpool could do was schedule another service call, that is unacceptable.

Comment (0)

Bought a Whirlpool Fridge in July of 2014. A few days after it was a year old it stopped cooling. Called for service and I was told it was out of warranty by a few days. I purchased and repair +1 contract to extend the warranty. We just came back from vacation to find our Fridge not cooling again. And again it was 8 days beyond the contract end date and I was asked if I wanted to purchase another repair +1 for $347. This was after I was on hold for 1.5 hours and was transferred around about 4 or 5 time.

Is Whirlpool not interested in keeping it's customers? This Frig is obviously a lemon. The least you could do is fix it this time at your cost. If not, this will be the last Whirlpool my family ever purchases, including my kids who are about to start purchasing appliances for themselves. Very disappointed in this Whirlpool product and the service I have received.

Comment (0)

We bought a whirlpool dishwasher in July 2014. The heating elements failed in October 2015, just 3 months after the one year warranty. This is super disappointing. We called the custom service but they wouldn't do anything to help. We had to fix it on our own cost but this machine has been a nightmare since then. we replaced the heating element but it never was really fixed and kept bringing new problem such as mildews inside the dishwasher. Horrible and it is such a lemon. We bought a whirlpool range at the same time. The oven stopped working within a year--fortunately still within warranty.

We spent extra to get whirlpool products in our renovated kitchen because we trust its quality. But we are no longer sure about that as they kept bringing disappointment and trouble. Will shop other brands next time.

Comment (0)

Bought a Whirlpool washer 3-2015, am waiting for a call on a third repairman. Was getting noisy so finally replaced the drive assembly on the fourth service call,quieted down a little and was told that was all that could be done. Purchased this model because it was quiet, the washer is in my kitchen.

Did a load of laundry 8-2-2016 and it did not spin all the water out, so I'm waiting for yet another repairman, with wet clothes in the washer. Mentioned I wanted my money returned and was told since I didn't buy from Whirlpool directly I could not have a refund. I would have to have a different washer if they cannon fix the problem. I do not want another Whirlpool product, I do not trust the product, paid a lot of money for this one and have had to many problems.

As far as I am concerned Whirlpool customer service does not stand behind their products and care nothing about customer satisfaction. Would never recommend any Whirlpool product to anyone!

Comment (0)

We remodeled our house, new kitchen, new laundry room. This included a whirlpool dishwasher, oven, washer and dryer, and fridge. The washer stinks, literally. I was told by Sears to use powder soap. No difference. We took it apart and cleaned. Better for awhile. Stinks. I can't wash rugs, it can't spin out the water. The oven's convection fan busted within the first couple of months. And now our dishwasher broke a plastic part on the pull out shelf, making it virtually useless. If I had to do it over again...1) not whirlpool. 2) make sure most of the parts are not plastic. 3) opt for top loader washer. 4) forget consumer reports and checking on Internet, really ask questions about the machines' features and weaknesses.

Comment (0)

We purchased a 21.9 cu ft refrigerator on 8-7-13 for our house at the beach. Model - GB2FHDXWQ04, Serial #K32108388. We also at the time of purchase bought a 4 year warranty. On Feb. 15, 2016 the refrigerator stopped cooling and we lost all the food.I believe that we had a problem with the relay switch. We had to schedule an appointment and then wait several days to have the repair done.

Our family arrived during this time for a vacation that was completely interrupted by no refrigeration available. Then on July 21, 2016 while we happened to be down at the beach house, the refrigerator stopped cooling and freezing again. We again lost the food that was in the refrigerator and were left without any refrigeration so we had to come home again. We schedule the first appointment to have it checked on July 27th at which time the repairman checked it and found that we needed two parts which could take up to 5 more days to get and then get put in the refrigerator.

This would be a total of 11 days that we will be without a refrigerator. We were scheduled to be back at the beach on July 28th for our final vacation of the summer which we have now had to cancel due to no refrigeration available. This warranty process does not seem to be efficient or timely. We should not have to wait 11 days to have our less than 3 years old refrigerator available to use. I dare say that anyone of you in the company would tolerate this type of service. We are very disappointed in the quality and the service we have received from your product.

We owned a local hardware store in our community and would only sale Whirlpool because of its quality and dependability. We seriously doubt that we can continue to recommend your product and we are very cautious about purchasing other appliances from you. We bought the refrigerator at the Lowe's in Foley, Alabama. Our complaint is that your service program is extremely flawed and is not customer friendly. It is most unacceptable that we should have to wait 11 to 12 days for repairs. It has also interrupted two vacations and caused us to have to reschedule which is not an easy task. We would appreciate your concern and your attention to this matter. We would like to speak with a representative of the company by telephone.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Maytag Bravos washing machine in November 2015. The first problem was 2 months after I purchased the machine stopped working for whole day, it wouldn`t even start. So I called the store and they told me to contact Whirlpool Customer and I did, they advised me to unplug machine for few hours and retry which I did and magically it seemed to have fixed it self. Now again problem.....it started, added water then stopped, meanwhile for the last 2 days machine not working and I have soaked clothes sitting in machine.

I called customer service and was told that the Canadian Department was closed due to being Saturday and was also informed that would be closed Tuesday which is Independence Day, to which I replied that here in Canada we have Canada Day and Canadian Customer service shouldn`t be closed July 4th.......well apparently they are because our Canada Customer Service Office is not in Canada...well have to commend Whirlpool with such a reasonable and logical approach for us Canadian whom by the way at a high Canadian price, in our Canadian stores, with our Canadian money, purchase your products.....maybe you need to rethink this arrangement and supply Customer Service for your Canadian Customers.

Also, in my experience of purchasing appliances that you should not have any problems or issues with any BRAND NEW APPLIANCES, especially within a few months.....seriously there is no justification or reason for it other than your products are low quality appliances done at low standards and obviously are just as reliable as your Customer Service.....I`ve purchased in the past many Kenmore Appliances and never was there any issues while these were BRAND NEW and years (and I mean at least 5-6 years later) if there was a SMALL issue, I definitely had reliable Customer Service and technician within 24 hrs in my home servicing my issue.....Well this is the first time I purchased from Maytag and I am not impressed and even less satisfied!!!

"The serviceman sitting on the floor in your add guaranteeing your appliance and service...wonder where he is!!" Start standing behind your products, your customer service and YOUR CUSTOMERS who have given their hard earned money to get your products that you as a company through advertising.

Comment (0)

Purchased Whirlpool washer 02/29/16 it stopped working after 3 weeks. 2 month and 5 service calls later I still have to go to the laundromat. Customer service hard to get a hold of. It takes forever for the technician to get parts, just to find out it didn't fix the problem. Customer service does not care at all about the inconvenience this is for me. I'm working full time and have to spend long times just trying to get a hold of customer service. Be at home during the day for 3 hours plus for the technician and still take my cloth to the laundromat.

Comment (0)

We bought ALL new Whirlpool appliances in November 2015, Refrigerator, Stove, Dishwasher, and Microwave. After having these for a few months our refrig stopped making ice, repair guy came and found the piece that was no longer working. The very next week, my microwave started "arching" is what they said, but when I called they had me put some water in the microwave to see if there was further damage, since it didn't arch with the water they decided it didn't need to be repaired even though the arching left a black mark on the side of my microwave.

Now remember these are all BRAND NEW appliances bought from Home Depot. From the time we bought these appliances, my dishwasher has not wash my dishes very well, it leaves all this gritty stuff all over my dishes especially my glasses. So I have the repair guy come again. Now Monday of this week, I noticed that the light on the stove that tells you when you still have your stove on was staying lit up. So I turn on all the buttons and made sure they were turned off and they were. However my light still continues to stay on, another trip for the repair guy but not for a whole week.

And if all this was not bad enough, I tried to get ice this morning and the ice maker is not making ice anymore AGAIN! When we bought all new appliances, we really thought we were buying an upgrade since all the appliances were quite expensive, however not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT ALL 4 appliances have required to have the repair guy come and he will still have to come again next week to repair the refrigerator and the stove. My husband has taken off work to work with these repair guys. This is getting crazy and I am about to throw them outside!

Comment (0)

We received a brand new two door refrigerator on April 19th at 5:30 in the evening. The refrigerator was still not working at all the morning of April 20th. We immediately contacted Whirlpool and you refused to replace this BRAND NEW REFRIGERATOR which had not even been in my home 12 hours - but wanted to FIX the compressor - which was dead. Finally Whirlpool agreed to a new refrigerator on Friday the 22nd and told me it would take up to 14 days to deliver a new one! My husband and I are octogenerians with medicine need to be refrigerated.

We then had to buy a small college type refrigerator to see us through - and this has caused such hardship because we cannot bring food of any quantity into our home. Whirlpool has handled this badly. We should not have been given any hard time and also a new refrigerator should have been delivered as soon as possible - not up to two weeks later. We still do not have any refrigerator. At the very least please see to it that our refrigerator is delivered very soon.

Comment (0)

I have A whirlpool washing machine. I am 68 years old and have never had a washing machine that I hated so much. It will not get my clothes clean! It will not even feel up with water good! Never have I ever dealt with something this bad. I am so angry. I have always thought you all stood behind your products, but I have been reading lots of bad reviews! Maybe better business bureau would like to here reviews!

Comment (2)

I purchased a h2low wash system he from Lowes a few years ago. It is the worst washing machine I have ever had! It does not get clothes clean and I have to rewash clothes all the time. My husband and I are older and our clothes don't get that dirty. I also bought the dryer but it is ok. The other complaint is the clothes MUSHROOM and I know you know what I mean. I thought I would never have to buy another machine but looks like I will.

Comment (0)

I have had my refrigerator for almost 5 years now and have had nothing but trouble with it Now i can't even put a filter in the fridge because there seems to be a blockage of some kind. have always had a problem putting in a new filter and now have to go without a filter because i can't get another into the slot at the bottom of the fridge even with the strong help of others. Other than that the fridge has been OK but would definitely think twice before getting another Whirlpool.

Comment (0)

Bought my Whirlpool refrigerator from Lowes (not even two years old) ending up breaking down. The reason for this letter is I am very, very upset with what has happened with the parts of this refrigerator. Not even two years this frig was brand new when bought. I lost all my food when I lost the fan. I had the insurance but $150.00 does not cover half of the cost that I lost. I am appalled at how easy the parts fail after not even two years of use. This is not right. I am going to pursue this I am not going to let this happen to others. I bought this in good faith and with hard working money and I expected quality parts. If I did not have the insurance it would of cost a fortune to fix it. You people owe us big time. I would understand If it was longer being owned but not even two years that is a lemon.

Comment (0)

Our refrigerator just stopped running. Not even 4 yrs old yet . (our 2nd one) Plus it had to be fixed after about a year. Whirlpool said they could give a discount but we had to order new fridge from Whirlpool. said would be delivered 4/5/16. That's a 2 week wait. So we haven't had a refrigerator for 2 weeks. They called last week & said the refrigerator is on back order. No delivery date. We don't have a refrigerator, I am very unsatisfied with this company & the way they handle things. I don't understand why we can't go to a store & get one with same discount!. Very poor customer service! From reading the reviews I am not alone. I only wish I read before.

Comment (0)

I purchased a refrigerator and dishwasher at lowes on the same date just over a year ago so just over the warranty period. The refrigerator no longer makes ice and the whirlpool repair service advised that the ice unit needs to be replaced. The dishwasher stopped draining last week and the repair service advised it was a bad control unit. The dishwasher needs to be replaced as it is not cost effective to repair. It is significant to me that both of your products have such short lives. What, if anything, is whirlpool willing to do for new? Why should I continue to purchase whirlpool products with such a poor track record?

Comment (0)

I have a Maytag Bravos XL..had it for less than a year and it became so loud that it sounded like a freight train. It has been broken now for over a month and I get one excuse after another. They have ordered well over $700 in parts for this washer and have not repaired it yet!!! I didn't pay that much for the washer!!!! Am so disappointed in this product and all I get from customer service and supervisors is "I'm sorry".

Comment (0)

We purchased a brand new Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Appliance Center in Maumee, Ohio on November 11, 2015. On December 29, 2015 I had a service call for both due to my polyester work shirts having snags all over them. Ace appliance repair could not find anything with either the washer or the dryer. The technician said he would order a new drum for the dryer. I did not want my new appliance being torn apart to have a drum placed. I returned to Appliance Center and the manager said he would replace the dryer with a new one.

Well Ace appliance came back out and the service technician was unable to locate a problem again with either the washer or the dryer. On January 16, 2016 we returned the washer and dryer to Appliance Center. Where the manager was very annoyed with us and treated us poorly.We then purchased a new Speed Queen washer and dryer and have not had a problem with them.

My work shirts are $65.00 a piece and it ruined all three of them. As you can see this has been a very frustrating event for our family. I have attached a picture of my work shirts along with other shirts that this washer and dryer ruined. We did purchase a new stove, a new refrigerator and a new dishwasher all Whirlpool and have been pleased with them so far. I would like to see that my Fire Department shirts should be replaced by Whirlpool. This I believe is a very fair request.

Comment (0)

Top load washing machine bought 09/2014. Bought the 3 year warranty, machine barrel has a bad bearing and load as hell, called in for service,, the machine is a year old when the problem started. It took 10 days for a tech to come out who was recommend by the seller, Lowe's, the tech comes out and says," Ive never worked on this type of machine". He left and from that say, it took him 2 months to order the part and then claimed the machine repairable.

Bought an extended warranty, ,which is not refundable, so how does a brick and mortar company like Lowe's just have one appliance company for San Antonio, population over 2 mil and have a tech say I cant fix your 1 year old machine? I'm a risk assessment manager, and this is the worst kind of service I have ever seen or experienced, this is totally unacceptable! Lowe's is fitting it and your system doesn't even she the model number which is WTW8540BW1! I like how the customer gets washed under the table and the inconveniences fall on the customer! Your willing to sell a piece of shit and than charge extra to have piece of mind and still cant get the piece of shit fixed!

Comment (0)

I am so shocked and dismayed by Whirlpool. Several years ago we purchased a Whirlpool water heater and have had nothing but missery and grief. My last contact with Whirlpool gave me a true indication how much Whirlpool cares about their customers--not at all. I have had nothing but issues with this water heater since it was purchased and have made numerous calls to the service center. For the past few years I kept the helpline number posted to my fridge, knowing I will be using it again and again.

The first problem began about a year after we purchased the water heater. The pilot light kept going out. I was told that there was a filter underneath and I should get a long-handled brush and clean it off. Did so, it worked for about two weeks and the pilot light started going out again. Called the center again. This time was told that I needed to continue cleaning it. Now this is no easy task for a women who is 65 years old. The water heater sits about 3 in. off the floor. Finally after restarting the pilot light weekly for about a year it would not longer restart. I was sent a thermal couple and told I had to replace it myself. Again does a 65 year-old woman really need to be doing this? No. I read the instructions and the numerous warning about how I could blow up my house if it wasn't done correct. So, I hired a plumber.

Then shortly after that it started leaking. Called the service center again and was told it was just condensation. So I continued to wipe up the water for the next few years. It still leaks. However, the pilot light has stopped going out. Now it is making some really weird noises. Sound like tennis shoes in the dryer. Looked it up on line and read it could be a sediment problem and the tank needs to be flushed. OK. So my daughter and I drained it and ran water through for 20 minutes. Now the leak is dripping faster and the noise is still there.

Called the Service Center again (by now we should be on first name basis.) I was simple told he didn't know what could be causing that sound and that if it is just thumping noises I should be able to live with that. Now I am pissed (sorry). Had a plumber come and check it and he thinks the inter-tank is leaking and it should be replaced. I think it is time for Whirlpool to step up to the plate and replace this lemon of a water heater.

Comment (0)

Being the unfortunate owner of a Whirlpool Dish Washer, I have now had 3 of these units in a space of 3 years with the same problem. The Soap Dispenser keeps failing. Whirlpool South Africa has the Standard reply, We are waiting for parts. This takes up to a year, Then they respond with, We do not make that model anymore.

Comment (0)

I bought a Whirlpool dishwasher from Sears 8 months ago since then it has had 8 service calls ,5 repairs and 3 where they came out with the wring parts. My dishwasher has now been broken since December 5th. At this time they have agreed to replace the dishwasher which seemed like a good thing...Not so I chose the new dishwasher on December 23rd they finally called me on January 6th and can not install the new dishwasher until January 27th. At this point I would have rather they fixed the old one at least I would have a dishwasher. I have spoken with installation, delivery, customer service, the local store and the compensation department spending hours on hold, beinghung up and getting the wrong answers.

Comment (0)

We bought all new Whirlpool appliances for our kitchen in August 2014. We chose Whirlpool because it is American made and we bought our niece a gas range. Last week our gas range would not work. All the burners and broiler would work but not the oven. We had our lines moved to gas to be able to have a gas range. Today we had to have a service repair person come and he replaced the ignitor and with service call it was $133. Now I'm concerned since our refrigerator, range, dishwasher are all Whirlpool. Very disappointed in your product

Comment (0)

I have had my Kitchenaid/Whirlpool dishwasher since April 2010. I have recently had a professional out to replace a seal in the door, the gasket on the vent, and the unit still leaks. The only places left are the metal body and door. I called to say I wanted the warranty honored. I was told one of their servicers had to verify. I agreed. Their servicer came out, at the agreed time. He did not bother to protect my hardwood floors from his muddy shoes. He absolutely reeked of ciggerette smoke. He proceeded to try and push me into paying for the same repairs, I had done last week, because he would not warranty the parts under warranty, unless I paid him to replace parts, a week old. I told him he was here to verify the leak, not push me into more repair costs.

At this point, he began slamming his tool box together and exclaimed "Thanks for wasting my time". He was so bombastic and rude, my seventeen year old son came out, as he felt the need to protect me. I called the Kitchenaid warranty number in my pamphlet to see about the warranty. They refused without making me pay for their esteemed professional to do the same work a real professional already did. The best I was given was 30% off a new appliance. When they won't honor their 20y warranty on the one I have, telling me their unprofessional is so much better than the one I used, who did protect my floors, and treated me with respect, I have no faith left in this company, or its servicers.

Comment (0)

My electric range Model # RB720DHIWW Serial # RF 264777R was purchased at Home Depot. The displayed GE model I agreed to was not in stock so an equal range (Hotpoint) was purchased instead and delivered on 10-5-15. I noticed that the drawer face is not the same as the GE brand in that the grip groove is not deep enough to allow for easy pull open especially if you have wet fingers. I'm requesting replacement of the drawer to same as the GE brand. I have submitted a sketch by postal mail to your office at 2000 N. M-63 Benton Harbor 49022 -2692 showing what I believe it should be changed to to avoid any other future complaints by other customers.

Comment (0)

I purchased all new Whirlpool kitchen appliances in 2013 which included a wall oven and microwave. I called to registrar the my oven with the recall. That began 7-29-15. The sent a repair man out on 8-10-15 to test the oven and it failed. They took the oven rack and said someone would be in touch with my about my customer complaint. No one got in tough so I called starting on 9-23 thru 10-5 and was finally told it would be mid October. I called on 10-27 and 10-30 as no one came to replace the unit. I did a VM from Lori at Whirlpool customer complaint department, saying today it would be mid Dec before they would ship a new unit. Since the top rack will not a hold any rack we can not use the broiler on the oven. And i can not think of a reason that it takes 5 months to replace what they made poorly.

Comment (0)

Purchased a stove model number AGR423BAW0 - SER # VE5379312 on 10-14-15 used it for the first time on 10-24-2015 noticed that pans placed on racks over burners slipped off and will fall to the floor. One of the most dangerous conditions I have ever seen or experienced. Whirlpool needs to fix this asap or they risk more customer complaints like mine!

Comment (0)

Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer. Cement counterweight - rear - Part Number:8540602 (google it). Cracked and flung pieces of concrete all around the working (electrical, motor, plumbing, belt) side of my clothes washer. Close inspection shows the Mexico branded concrete part is poorly made with aggregate that is incompetent and causes structural zones of weakness promoting failure.

Many people have complained about this. I had the same "dead end" response from Whirlpool when discussing this with them. There is no recall and the unit is out of warranty. They will do nothing. Clearly it's a supplier part quality issue and they screwed up in their quality control with the supplier. Who would have thought an out-of-warranty failure would have been so fundamental in the design. Shame on Whirlpool. This will be my last appliance of theirs or of any other made in factories associated with them.

Comment (0)

We purchased a Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator Model # WRF989SDAW00 on 9/24/12. In June 2015 we saw that the freezer was not working. We called the repair man and they said it was the evaporator. It was not made right (ma made in China)The problem was all over the U. S. They said they had to take the fridge back to the shop for at least 3 weeks. After 7 weeks we got the fridge back on a Friday. Saturday we saw the freezer was not cold and on Monday we called the repair man again. They came again and said the wires to the evaporator came loose and had to take the fridge again.

We then received a call from the repair man that it was the compressor. The factory will cover the part but we had to pay for the labor. why all of a sudden does the compressor go after the fridge was worked on.We already have over $200.00 in this fridge. and can not afford much more. I believe this is a poor product and all repairs and labor should be covered. We are retired and live on a fixed income. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment (0)

I bought my whirlpool washing machine WWT80x last January 23,2015 at SM Appliance Center Lucena City. It was barely 5 months and the drier of the machine is already out of order. It was serviced by Diamzon Enterprises this afternoon and said it was ok but when i used it after they left it won't dry again. The sound also is not good like something is wrong really. I want my machine replaced.

Comment (0)

I bought a whirlpool stackable washer and dryer 22 months ago. Model number WFC7500VW/serial number CD31029976. The power control board broke on the washer 1 month ago, part number W10192966. Whirlpool has a national back order on this part. They can't tell me if the part will be available in 1 week or in 1 year.

So, should I trash a less than 2 year old, $1400.00 appliance or should I wait? No one at Whirlpool has any idea how long it takes to produce a power control board. Nor could they tell me how many have been backordered or how long this part has been backordered and no, they have no idea why there is a delay. No one at Whirlpool has any information about this.

Their loyal customers should sit back and wait or run out and buy a brand new Whirlpool washer to replace it. Interesting marketing strategy.

Comment (0)

We purchased these items approximately 5 months ago. At three months we were listening to a high pitch whining sound coming from the washer. We called for a repairman to come out and were told that the sound was normal. We do not feel that it is a normal sound. We can hear the sound in our upstairs living room with the basement door closed.

We are a family of two, both retired and do not have an abundance of wash to do; typically, 3 medium sized loads a week. We are not over loading the machine and see no reason why a new machine would make this kind of sound. The machine we replaced was 20 years old and significantly quieter.

We are extremely unhappy with this purchase and feel like we are stuck with a product that is defective.

Comment (0)

I don't even want to leave one star. We re did our kitched two years ago-bought the Whirlpool large cabinet depth refrigerator/freezer. It has gone out (won't cool) two times in two years. We have the extended warranty and it has been two weeks and NO call back yet. The cooktop sucked--never got hot enough to boil water. And the dishwasher got a small slow leak in the pump. Dripped water under the appliance and ruined our wood floor. Black mold.

Three lousy Whirlpool appliances. I will NEVER ever ever get another one. Really--can I leave no stars?

Comment (0)

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model #WRS 325 FNAH00. Purchased in September 2014 at HHGregg. The refrigerator side door sticks out further than the freezer side door. Three service calls from two different service companies and the servicemen could not fix it.

The last serviceman called the Whirlpool tech line and they told him that the refrigerator side door has the wrong gasket on it and it cannot be replaced because of the way that it is attached to the door at the factory. I spoke with two different supervisors in two different call centers and was given the run-a-round by both, always being asked the same questions and not being able to retrieve the results of the service calls.

The last one Peggy Moore was supposed to call me back and never did. I left messages on her voice mail which she has not responded to. They talk in circles making me call various departments giving the same information over and over again in the hope that I will be discouraged and give up and go away.

Comment (0)

On 03-05-15, I purchased a refrigerator water filter from your Whirlpool store by phone. It was thru a promo code: SPECIAL. Security code 5121.Filter P/N 4396841. If I remember right, this is the 4th time I have ordered filters through this special promo. Never any problem before until this time. I called 03-13-15. Was told filter had been returned. No reason given. Checked your records. You had only my residence address. We have no home delivery, so all mail is addressed to a P.O. Box. which I gave to the lady that took my call. 03-30-15 still no filter. I asked the lady that took my call if both addresses were on the shipping label. She informed me she had no way of knowing what addresses were on the label. 04-06-15 called again. I was informed it took up to 10 working days for delivery. Today is 04-20-15 still no filter. I like these prices as I do change filters when the red light comes on. HOWEVER. If you feel that you can't handle this problem, can you at least give credit on my credit card. You have the number.

Comment (0)

I have a Whirlpool Refrigerator. Whirlpool service man was called on 05/13 2014 because of ice in freezer. The drain line was changed. Whirlpool service was called on 06/07/2014 because of frost in freezer. Changed door slides. Whirlpool service man was called on 04/09/2015 because refrigerator was not working. Service man came on 04/14/2015 and wrote that Compressor extremely hot. Residue of leaking in drain pan and around compressor. 40 deg. + in freezer, no temp in fridge. Said it would take 3 to 5 days to order part.

After 6 days, I called Whirlpool service Dept. and was told that my claim was denied. I was told that I did not perform maintenance on the drip pan, so it was my fault. Tried to talk, but all she would say is that I did not do the required maintenance. I looked up all I could about maintenance and the only thing I could find was from page 13, of the Whirlpool User Instruction Manual. "There is no need for routine condenser cleaning in normal home operating environments. If the environment is particularly greasy or dusty, or there is significant pet traffic in the home, the condenser should be cleaned every 2 to 3 months to ensure maximum efficiency."

This is the only thing I could find that is remotely close to what they are saying about maintenance. There is nothing about the drip pan. I believe, I have a normal home operating environment. I don’t have pets, a greasy or dusty environment, and a whirlpool service man serviced the refrigerator on 05/13/2014 to change the drain line, I think that has something to do with the drip pan, and again on 06/07/2014 to change the door slides, so I think that should cover the maintenance issue. I would like you to tell me in what manual does it say that I have to do maintenance on the drip pan.

Comment (0)

When we purchase six split and one window 1 ton ac, their dealer and also confirm that all installation charges is include in this billing rate, only if any futher pipe is require, you will provide only pipe,no other extra charges will be charge. Now after four days they are asking Rs.50/-extra per mtr charges, and first you pay then only we will install, and also extra gas charge @650/- p.kg.It means if 20 meter pipe extra fix in one ac , total six ac extra cost Rs.6000/- and Rs.7200/-already pay by us to dealer for installation. Total labour charges Rs.7200 + 6000 =13200 we should pay, in a day,what is this non sence. Is this your service man salary for a day is Rs.13200/- please look into this.

Comment (3)

My brand new Whirlpool refrigerator is leaking water all over the floor.When I called customer service to get it repaired they tell me their computer is down and please call back in an hour (the 1st time) or tomorrow (the 2nd time).

After 20 minutes on the phone each time, I'm asked to call back, but they can't guarantee that their computer will be working when I do. They asked me to send a copy of my receipt, since they had the date of purchase recorded incorrectly. In 3 to 5 days they should be able to process the information, which goes to another department. They can't send anyone to repair the problem because they can't look up the local "authorized" repairman on their computer, in spite of the fact that I have his name and number from the seller.

Meanwhile the laminate flooring under the fridge is starting to bubble up from the water leaking out while they give me the run-around. They're "sorry" my flooring will be ruined, but no one wants to do anything to solve the issue by letting me call the local authorized repairman directly. A call to the seller would resolve the issue, but they refuse. Whirlpool's refrigerator doesn't work, their computers don't work, and their customer service doesn't work.My advice is DO NOT BUY a Whirlpool product.

Comment (0)

I purchased the Cabrio Whirlpool washer and dryer. Washer doesn't always wash - even leaves some things dry. Dryer does not dry - even after resetting for additional time. I even put it on Bulk Load - 70 minutes - for some thin items, then gave it 20 minutes more on Timed Dry. STILL NOT DRY. So I spread them out over things to dry. I just thought maybe I got a lemon until I read other complaints.

Please I had a Whirlpool set before and LOVED IT. This one I have read so many complaints about. WHIRLPOOL please don't let me down. PLEASE help me out here. Thank YOU!!!!!!! Rate Experience? 1 - 5... is 1 good or bad? 1 being bad - then one; 5 being bad then 5.

Browse reviews of other Appliances

Have feedback for Whirlpool?