Customer Satisfaction Results
1.98 out of 5 Stars
99 Consumer Reviews

Whirlpool
Complaint Department

Whirlpool Corporation is an American manufacturer/retailer of major/minor home and commercial appliances. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:WHR. Revenues in 2014 were reported at US 19 billion and losses were reported of US 650 million in 2014. With over 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and research facilities worldwide, Whirlpool products are sold in Sears, Home Depot and Lowes among other stores.

If you experience a problem with a Whirlpool product you need look no further than the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com to find an easy contact us with sign-on, chat and ‘find a retailer’. The main customer service number is 1-866-698-2538. You may also schedule a service call here.  If you prefer to contact the CEO, Jeff Fettig at the Whirlpool Corp. corporate headquarters, please address you communication to him at 2000 N. M-63, Benton Harbor, MI, 49022 or call corporate offices at 269-923-5000. Self care videos can be found on YouTube.

Founded in 1911, by Louis Upton and Emory Upton, Whirlpool has a long history of mergers, sell offs and a main acquisition in 2006 of Maytag. Whirlpool is a principle supporter of Habitat for Humanity and invented freeze-dried ice cream for NASA in 1968. You may find the Whirlpool Facebook page a helpful support.

Have you had problems with Whirlpool?

Compare Whirlpool to Similar Appliances more...

Top 99 Reviews about Whirlpool

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Whirlpool customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

We received a brand new two door refrigerator on April 19th at 5:30 in the evening. The refrigerator was still not working at all the morning of April 20th. We immediately contacted Whirlpool and you refused to replace this BRAND NEW REFRIGERATOR which had not even been in my home 12 hours - but wanted to FIX the compressor - which was dead. Finally Whirlpool agreed to a new refrigerator on Friday the 22nd and told me it would take up to 14 days to deliver a new one! My husband and I are octogenerians with medicine need to be refrigerated.

We then had to buy a small college type refrigerator to see us through - and this has caused such hardship because we cannot bring food of any quantity into our home. Whirlpool has handled this badly. We should not have been given any hard time and also a new refrigerator should have been delivered as soon as possible - not up to two weeks later. We still do not have any refrigerator. At the very least please see to it that our refrigerator is delivered very soon.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a h2low wash system he from Lowes a few years ago. It is the worst washing machine I have ever had! It does not get clothes clean and I have to rewash clothes all the time. My husband and I are older and our clothes don't get that dirty. I also bought the dryer but it is ok. The other complaint is the clothes MUSHROOM and I know you know what I mean. I thought I would never have to buy another machine but looks like I will.

Upvote (0)

I have had my refrigerator for almost 5 years now and have had nothing but trouble with it Now i can't even put a filter in the fridge because there seems to be a blockage of some kind. have always had a problem putting in a new filter and now have to go without a filter because i can't get another into the slot at the bottom of the fridge even with the strong help of others. Other than that the fridge has been OK but would definitely think twice before getting another Whirlpool.

Upvote (0)

Bought my Whirlpool refrigerator from Lowes (not even two years old) ending up breaking down. The reason for this letter is I am very, very upset with what has happened with the parts of this refrigerator. Not even two years this frig was brand new when bought. I lost all my food when I lost the fan. I had the insurance but $150.00 does not cover half of the cost that I lost. I am appalled at how easy the parts fail after not even two years of use. This is not right. I am going to pursue this I am not going to let this happen to others. I bought this in good faith and with hard working money and I expected quality parts. If I did not have the insurance it would of cost a fortune to fix it. You people owe us big time. I would understand If it was longer being owned but not even two years that is a lemon.

Upvote (0)

Our refrigerator just stopped running. Not even 4 yrs old yet . (our 2nd one) Plus it had to be fixed after about a year. Whirlpool said they could give a discount but we had to order new fridge from Whirlpool. said would be delivered 4/5/16. That's a 2 week wait. So we haven't had a refrigerator for 2 weeks. They called last week & said the refrigerator is on back order. No delivery date. We don't have a refrigerator, I am very unsatisfied with this company & the way they handle things. I don't understand why we can't go to a store & get one with same discount!. Very poor customer service! From reading the reviews I am not alone. I only wish I read before.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a refrigerator and dishwasher at lowes on the same date just over a year ago so just over the warranty period. The refrigerator no longer makes ice and the whirlpool repair service advised that the ice unit needs to be replaced. The dishwasher stopped draining last week and the repair service advised it was a bad control unit. The dishwasher needs to be replaced as it is not cost effective to repair. It is significant to me that both of your products have such short lives. What, if anything, is whirlpool willing to do for new? Why should I continue to purchase whirlpool products with such a poor track record?

Upvote (0)

I have a Maytag Bravos XL..had it for less than a year and it became so loud that it sounded like a freight train. It has been broken now for over a month and I get one excuse after another. They have ordered well over $700 in parts for this washer and have not repaired it yet!!! I didn't pay that much for the washer!!!! Am so disappointed in this product and all I get from customer service and supervisors is "I'm sorry".

Upvote (0)

We purchased a brand new Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Appliance Center in Maumee, Ohio on November 11, 2015. On December 29, 2015 I had a service call for both due to my polyester work shirts having snags all over them. Ace appliance repair could not find anything with either the washer or the dryer. The technician said he would order a new drum for the dryer. I did not want my new appliance being torn apart to have a drum placed. I returned to Appliance Center and the manager said he would replace the dryer with a new one.

Well Ace appliance came back out and the service technician was unable to locate a problem again with either the washer or the dryer. On January 16, 2016 we returned the washer and dryer to Appliance Center. Where the manager was very annoyed with us and treated us poorly.We then purchased a new Speed Queen washer and dryer and have not had a problem with them.

My work shirts are $65.00 a piece and it ruined all three of them. As you can see this has been a very frustrating event for our family. I have attached a picture of my work shirts along with other shirts that this washer and dryer ruined. We did purchase a new stove, a new refrigerator and a new dishwasher all Whirlpool and have been pleased with them so far. I would like to see that my Fire Department shirts should be replaced by Whirlpool. This I believe is a very fair request.

Upvote (0)

Top load washing machine bought 09/2014. Bought the 3 year warranty, machine barrel has a bad bearing and load as hell, called in for service,, the machine is a year old when the problem started. It took 10 days for a tech to come out who was recommend by the seller, Lowe's, the tech comes out and says," Ive never worked on this type of machine". He left and from that say, it took him 2 months to order the part and then claimed the machine repairable.

Bought an extended warranty, ,which is not refundable, so how does a brick and mortar company like Lowe's just have one appliance company for San Antonio, population over 2 mil and have a tech say I cant fix your 1 year old machine? I'm a risk assessment manager, and this is the worst kind of service I have ever seen or experienced, this is totally unacceptable! Lowe's is fitting it and your system doesn't even she the model number which is WTW8540BW1! I like how the customer gets washed under the table and the inconveniences fall on the customer! Your willing to sell a piece of shit and than charge extra to have piece of mind and still cant get the piece of shit fixed!

Upvote (0)

I am so shocked and dismayed by Whirlpool. Several years ago we purchased a Whirlpool water heater and have had nothing but missery and grief. My last contact with Whirlpool gave me a true indication how much Whirlpool cares about their customers--not at all. I have had nothing but issues with this water heater since it was purchased and have made numerous calls to the service center. For the past few years I kept the helpline number posted to my fridge, knowing I will be using it again and again.

The first problem began about a year after we purchased the water heater. The pilot light kept going out. I was told that there was a filter underneath and I should get a long-handled brush and clean it off. Did so, it worked for about two weeks and the pilot light started going out again. Called the center again. This time was told that I needed to continue cleaning it. Now this is no easy task for a women who is 65 years old. The water heater sits about 3 in. off the floor. Finally after restarting the pilot light weekly for about a year it would not longer restart. I was sent a thermal couple and told I had to replace it myself. Again does a 65 year-old woman really need to be doing this? No. I read the instructions and the numerous warning about how I could blow up my house if it wasn't done correct. So, I hired a plumber.

Then shortly after that it started leaking. Called the service center again and was told it was just condensation. So I continued to wipe up the water for the next few years. It still leaks. However, the pilot light has stopped going out. Now it is making some really weird noises. Sound like tennis shoes in the dryer. Looked it up on line and read it could be a sediment problem and the tank needs to be flushed. OK. So my daughter and I drained it and ran water through for 20 minutes. Now the leak is dripping faster and the noise is still there.

Called the Service Center again (by now we should be on first name basis.) I was simple told he didn't know what could be causing that sound and that if it is just thumping noises I should be able to live with that. Now I am pissed (sorry). Had a plumber come and check it and he thinks the inter-tank is leaking and it should be replaced. I think it is time for Whirlpool to step up to the plate and replace this lemon of a water heater.

Upvote (0)

Being the unfortunate owner of a Whirlpool Dish Washer, I have now had 3 of these units in a space of 3 years with the same problem. The Soap Dispenser keeps failing. Whirlpool South Africa has the Standard reply, We are waiting for parts. This takes up to a year, Then they respond with, We do not make that model anymore.

Upvote (0)

We bought all new Whirlpool appliances for our kitchen in August 2014. We chose Whirlpool because it is American made and we bought our niece a gas range. Last week our gas range would not work. All the burners and broiler would work but not the oven. We had our lines moved to gas to be able to have a gas range. Today we had to have a service repair person come and he replaced the ignitor and with service call it was $133. Now I'm concerned since our refrigerator, range, dishwasher are all Whirlpool. Very disappointed in your product

Upvote (0)

I have had my Kitchenaid/Whirlpool dishwasher since April 2010. I have recently had a professional out to replace a seal in the door, the gasket on the vent, and the unit still leaks. The only places left are the metal body and door. I called to say I wanted the warranty honored. I was told one of their servicers had to verify. I agreed. Their servicer came out, at the agreed time. He did not bother to protect my hardwood floors from his muddy shoes. He absolutely reeked of ciggerette smoke. He proceeded to try and push me into paying for the same repairs, I had done last week, because he would not warranty the parts under warranty, unless I paid him to replace parts, a week old. I told him he was here to verify the leak, not push me into more repair costs.

At this point, he began slamming his tool box together and exclaimed "Thanks for wasting my time". He was so bombastic and rude, my seventeen year old son came out, as he felt the need to protect me. I called the Kitchenaid warranty number in my pamphlet to see about the warranty. They refused without making me pay for their esteemed professional to do the same work a real professional already did. The best I was given was 30% off a new appliance. When they won't honor their 20y warranty on the one I have, telling me their unprofessional is so much better than the one I used, who did protect my floors, and treated me with respect, I have no faith left in this company, or its servicers.

Upvote (0)

My electric range Model # RB720DHIWW Serial # RF 264777R was purchased at Home Depot. The displayed GE model I agreed to was not in stock so an equal range (Hotpoint) was purchased instead and delivered on 10-5-15. I noticed that the drawer face is not the same as the GE brand in that the grip groove is not deep enough to allow for easy pull open especially if you have wet fingers. I'm requesting replacement of the drawer to same as the GE brand. I have submitted a sketch by postal mail to your office at 2000 N. M-63 Benton Harbor 49022 -2692 showing what I believe it should be changed to to avoid any other future complaints by other customers.

Upvote (0)

I purchased all new Whirlpool kitchen appliances in 2013 which included a wall oven and microwave. I called to registrar the my oven with the recall. That began 7-29-15. The sent a repair man out on 8-10-15 to test the oven and it failed. They took the oven rack and said someone would be in touch with my about my customer complaint. No one got in tough so I called starting on 9-23 thru 10-5 and was finally told it would be mid October. I called on 10-27 and 10-30 as no one came to replace the unit. I did a VM from Lori at Whirlpool customer complaint department, saying today it would be mid Dec before they would ship a new unit. Since the top rack will not a hold any rack we can not use the broiler on the oven. And i can not think of a reason that it takes 5 months to replace what they made poorly.

Upvote (0)

Purchased a stove model number AGR423BAW0 - SER # VE5379312 on 10-14-15 used it for the first time on 10-24-2015 noticed that pans placed on racks over burners slipped off and will fall to the floor. One of the most dangerous conditions I have ever seen or experienced. Whirlpool needs to fix this asap or they risk more customer complaints like mine!

Upvote (0)

I bought my whirlpool washing machine WWT80x last January 23,2015 at SM Appliance Center Lucena City. It was barely 5 months and the drier of the machine is already out of order. It was serviced by Diamzon Enterprises this afternoon and said it was ok but when i used it after they left it won't dry again. The sound also is not good like something is wrong really. I want my machine replaced.

Upvote (0)

I bought a whirlpool stackable washer and dryer 22 months ago. Model number WFC7500VW/serial number CD31029976. The power control board broke on the washer 1 month ago, part number W10192966. Whirlpool has a national back order on this part. They can't tell me if the part will be available in 1 week or in 1 year.

So, should I trash a less than 2 year old, $1400.00 appliance or should I wait? No one at Whirlpool has any idea how long it takes to produce a power control board. Nor could they tell me how many have been backordered or how long this part has been backordered and no, they have no idea why there is a delay. No one at Whirlpool has any information about this.

Their loyal customers should sit back and wait or run out and buy a brand new Whirlpool washer to replace it. Interesting marketing strategy.

Upvote (0)

We purchased these items approximately 5 months ago. At three months we were listening to a high pitch whining sound coming from the washer. We called for a repairman to come out and were told that the sound was normal. We do not feel that it is a normal sound. We can hear the sound in our upstairs living room with the basement door closed.

We are a family of two, both retired and do not have an abundance of wash to do; typically, 3 medium sized loads a week. We are not over loading the machine and see no reason why a new machine would make this kind of sound. The machine we replaced was 20 years old and significantly quieter.

We are extremely unhappy with this purchase and feel like we are stuck with a product that is defective.

Upvote (0)

I don't even want to leave one star. We re did our kitched two years ago-bought the Whirlpool large cabinet depth refrigerator/freezer. It has gone out (won't cool) two times in two years. We have the extended warranty and it has been two weeks and NO call back yet. The cooktop sucked--never got hot enough to boil water. And the dishwasher got a small slow leak in the pump. Dripped water under the appliance and ruined our wood floor. Black mold.

Three lousy Whirlpool appliances. I will NEVER ever ever get another one. Really--can I leave no stars?

Upvote (0)

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model #WRS 325 FNAH00. Purchased in September 2014 at HHGregg. The refrigerator side door sticks out further than the freezer side door. Three service calls from two different service companies and the servicemen could not fix it.

The last serviceman called the Whirlpool tech line and they told him that the refrigerator side door has the wrong gasket on it and it cannot be replaced because of the way that it is attached to the door at the factory. I spoke with two different supervisors in two different call centers and was given the run-a-round by both, always being asked the same questions and not being able to retrieve the results of the service calls.

The last one Peggy Moore was supposed to call me back and never did. I left messages on her voice mail which she has not responded to. They talk in circles making me call various departments giving the same information over and over again in the hope that I will be discouraged and give up and go away.

Upvote (0)

On 03-05-15, I purchased a refrigerator water filter from your Whirlpool store by phone. It was thru a promo code: SPECIAL. Security code 5121.Filter P/N 4396841. If I remember right, this is the 4th time I have ordered filters through this special promo. Never any problem before until this time. I called 03-13-15. Was told filter had been returned. No reason given. Checked your records. You had only my residence address. We have no home delivery, so all mail is addressed to a P.O. Box. which I gave to the lady that took my call. 03-30-15 still no filter. I asked the lady that took my call if both addresses were on the shipping label. She informed me she had no way of knowing what addresses were on the label. 04-06-15 called again. I was informed it took up to 10 working days for delivery. Today is 04-20-15 still no filter. I like these prices as I do change filters when the red light comes on. HOWEVER. If you feel that you can't handle this problem, can you at least give credit on my credit card. You have the number.

Upvote (0)

I have a Whirlpool Refrigerator. Whirlpool service man was called on 05/13 2014 because of ice in freezer. The drain line was changed. Whirlpool service was called on 06/07/2014 because of frost in freezer. Changed door slides. Whirlpool service man was called on 04/09/2015 because refrigerator was not working. Service man came on 04/14/2015 and wrote that Compressor extremely hot. Residue of leaking in drain pan and around compressor. 40 deg. + in freezer, no temp in fridge. Said it would take 3 to 5 days to order part.

After 6 days, I called Whirlpool service Dept. and was told that my claim was denied. I was told that I did not perform maintenance on the drip pan, so it was my fault. Tried to talk, but all she would say is that I did not do the required maintenance. I looked up all I could about maintenance and the only thing I could find was from page 13, of the Whirlpool User Instruction Manual. "There is no need for routine condenser cleaning in normal home operating environments. If the environment is particularly greasy or dusty, or there is significant pet traffic in the home, the condenser should be cleaned every 2 to 3 months to ensure maximum efficiency."

This is the only thing I could find that is remotely close to what they are saying about maintenance. There is nothing about the drip pan. I believe, I have a normal home operating environment. I don’t have pets, a greasy or dusty environment, and a whirlpool service man serviced the refrigerator on 05/13/2014 to change the drain line, I think that has something to do with the drip pan, and again on 06/07/2014 to change the door slides, so I think that should cover the maintenance issue. I would like you to tell me in what manual does it say that I have to do maintenance on the drip pan.

Upvote (0)

When we purchase six split and one window 1 ton ac, their dealer and also confirm that all installation charges is include in this billing rate, only if any futher pipe is require, you will provide only pipe,no other extra charges will be charge. Now after four days they are asking Rs.50/-extra per mtr charges, and first you pay then only we will install, and also extra gas charge @650/- p.kg.It means if 20 meter pipe extra fix in one ac , total six ac extra cost Rs.6000/- and Rs.7200/-already pay by us to dealer for installation. Total labour charges Rs.7200 + 6000 =13200 we should pay, in a day,what is this non sence. Is this your service man salary for a day is Rs.13200/- please look into this.

Upvote (2)

My brand new Whirlpool refrigerator is leaking water all over the floor.When I called customer service to get it repaired they tell me their computer is down and please call back in an hour (the 1st time) or tomorrow (the 2nd time).

After 20 minutes on the phone each time, I'm asked to call back, but they can't guarantee that their computer will be working when I do. They asked me to send a copy of my receipt, since they had the date of purchase recorded incorrectly. In 3 to 5 days they should be able to process the information, which goes to another department. They can't send anyone to repair the problem because they can't look up the local "authorized" repairman on their computer, in spite of the fact that I have his name and number from the seller.

Meanwhile the laminate flooring under the fridge is starting to bubble up from the water leaking out while they give me the run-around. They're "sorry" my flooring will be ruined, but no one wants to do anything to solve the issue by letting me call the local authorized repairman directly. A call to the seller would resolve the issue, but they refuse. Whirlpool's refrigerator doesn't work, their computers don't work, and their customer service doesn't work.My advice is DO NOT BUY a Whirlpool product.

Upvote (0)

I purchased the Cabrio Whirlpool washer and dryer. Washer doesn't always wash - even leaves some things dry. Dryer does not dry - even after resetting for additional time. I even put it on Bulk Load - 70 minutes - for some thin items, then gave it 20 minutes more on Timed Dry. STILL NOT DRY. So I spread them out over things to dry. I just thought maybe I got a lemon until I read other complaints.

Please I had a Whirlpool set before and LOVED IT. This one I have read so many complaints about. WHIRLPOOL please don't let me down. PLEASE help me out here. Thank YOU!!!!!!! Rate Experience? 1 - 5... is 1 good or bad? 1 being bad - then one; 5 being bad then 5.

Upvote (0)

Bought Whirlpool washer 3/31/2015, del. 4/2/2015. Drain hose to short, have called company 5 times, they tell me I'll have to buy a longer drain hose, this is nonsense the hoses are way to short one size does not fit all. Lowe's nor Home Depot have a fix for this issue. I'm ready to call the company H>H>Gregg and tell them I'm returning it, I shouldn't have to pay a plumber to come fix this. Whirlpool should make good on this. Any other ideas for me ? Will never BUY another product made buy you guys if someone isn't more helpful.

Upvote (0)

I have just purchased over $3000 worth of whirlpool appliances. I received $5.00 off for a broiler pan. I can't believe you don't have one in the oven. How cheap is that? Isn't a broiler pan part of any oven? Also the front of the bottom drawer is BLUE. Who wants a blue drawer. I hope this can be replaced with either black or stainless steel. I love my fridg and microwave dishwasher not installed yet I hope that is O.K. I hope this can be resolved. You don"t want an unhappy customer.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher from Lowe's in Palm Coast, Florida in July of 2013 with an extended protection plan. Now, in March 2015, when I went to wipe the top edge of the door with a wet paper towel, the paint chipped off. Lowe's suggested that I contact Whirlpool, which I did. They told me that because it was out of Lowe's one year warranty (The protection plan is a five-year plan.) it was not covered. They suggested I call an appliance repair service. They said that a tech could come out ($78.00) to assess the problem. I would still need to pay for the repair, and if necessary, for a new door as well. The damage is severe enough for me to want it repaired and I feel that Whirlpool should be responsible since this is shoddy workmanship and poor quality control at the point of manufacture. I see from other complaints that this has also happened to another customer.

Upvote (0)

Installed new water heater and element broke got a replacement and that one broke in half and fell in tank. used old element and got it working. called whirlpool to ask them about discount due to my two day ordeal. The tech said it was due to improper installation and would not give me anything for my troubles on a brand new water hearer. i did the same filling and purging the tank of any air all three times. i will never buy a whirlpool product ever again. Customer service was poor and quality of product doesn't seem to be good. i hope someone contacts me about this issue and makes this right. I also working in sales and customer service and if one of my customers had issues with new equipment i would send out a replacement or at least offer it. I feel like with whirlpool once you bought it your stuck with it, considering lowes will not take the water heater back unless whirlpool agrees. I am serious when i say i will never buy from whirlpool again and i will tell anybody who asks not to get this brand.

Upvote (0)

Bought a Whirlpool Microhood 1.7CF Nov. 7,20 hooked it up, worked for a week then quit working consitently. Upper door latch was not closing correctly. was not latching all the way. Called 800 number and was givven a number for warrenty service. Sevice man came , looked it over and took it to the warrenty aproved shop for service. We were told that they had trouble getting parts to repair it and they would let us know when they would be bringing it back.Finally got it back after January 2015. The repair man brought the microwave in, got it in and tried heating up a cup of coffee. tried a couple times to see that it worked and left. Worked for a day and a half, then quit heating.. Since then it just sits there . Not useable. The repair man said that it took so long to return it because they had a hard time finding part to repair the darn thing. This is the reason we have not contacted anyone sooner. Seems that we made a bad decision buy this product in the first place. Don' t believe we would buy another whirlpool product again.

Upvote (0)

I own a whirlpool side by side with ice and water on front. The ice will not come out. Serviceman said its a ongoing problem and cannot be corrected. Very upsetting as this is reason we purchased this model.

Upvote (0)

I am buying a trailer from clayton mobile I got the trailer in August of 2014. The trailer is brand new single wide 2013 come with brand new appliance dishwasher, stove, refridge. So I've decide to use the dishwasher which is Thursday night I left dishes in there until the next day .So that Friday they was still in there I was about go to bed we start seeing smoke and smell something burning my pizza cutter plastic was burning note I haven't use the dishwasher since Thursday why the heating element still hot . And I've use it several time all sudden this happen what if we had fell asleep we could've die from smoke I turn it off from the breaker that's only way it went off. I've just lost a child life is to precious please take time to see what's going on .GOD BLESS AMERICAN

Upvote (0)

We bought a Whirlpool dishwasher after putting it in the dishwasher never dried the dishes. The contractor was called to come out and check the dishwasher. We were told the part the dishwasher needed was not available. We bought the dishwasher in December we finally got it replaced on February 7th but quess what this dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes neither if I'm going to have to take the dishes out and dry them before I can put them up. I don't need a dishwasher it just makes it harder. The contractor was called on this dishwasher on the 7th it is now the 20th of February and we haven't heard anything from them. I will never buy another whirlpool product. I wouldn't even give Whirlpool one star.

Upvote (0)

i bought a whirlpool stove and havent had it very long less then a year i have called out repair for the stove and the repair said it was normal. i want something done about my stove what is happening is it burn my cornbread and i make galic bread and it burned it also.

it get way to hot inside and out side and someone is going to get burnned on it and then youll have a real problem. im a 74 year old women and i think this is danagers. someone from your company need to result this problem. or this will be the last whirlpool i ever bye. please contact me about this problem before this stove burn down my house.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer about 2 years ago (top loading washer). I have 2 main complaints. 1. You cannot keep water in the washer for a prolonged period of time and 2. anything large ends up in a ball making the machine off balance.

Shortly after getting my washer, I had a white tablecloth with red wine stains. I put it in the washer to "soak" and realized the "soak" cycle was a few minutes. I called Whirlpool customer service and asked "How do I really soak something in this washer?" After a few minutes on hold, the reply was, "You can't." So, now if I want to soak something I'm using a bucket of water, hauling it to the washer and then carrying on. I never would have purchased this washer if I had known this one fact. I never even thought to ask the salesman if water would stay in the washer if you wanted.

2. Even washing a load of king sized sheets makes this machine off balance. What prompted me to write this complaint today is the difficulty I have had trying to wash a king size coverlet. It's not THAT heavy (single thickness). Because of my past experience cited above, I used the bathtub to work on a stain, then hauled it to the washer where it has gone off balance 3 times. Now I have put it in a big bucket to take to the laundromat.

Before I purchased this washer and dryer pair I did a lot of research. I decided that I wouldn't get a front loader because of the creeping factor and chose this model instead. I guess the big reason for my irritation is that when you buy a major appliance, you live with what you like and don't like for a long time. I never had any trouble washing sheets, etc. using the "old" technology (center agitator) and I really liked my previous Whirlpool washer that lasted 15 years. I hope that you rethink this new technology. I am getting ready to buy a new washer and dryer for a 2nd home and I will not even think about getting this type of washer again.

Thank you for letting me reduce my irritation by sending in this complaint, Gail Gamble

Upvote (0)

I would like to let you know how disappointed I am in my washing machine. I bought in may 2012 and since then I have had 2 calls to say my machine is not working. They came out twice, then they decided to put a new motor and belt in and all was good. Know I am having the same trouble with it making large clonking noises again and know I'm waiting for it to break down again any time soon. I would like a refund on this machine or it replaced all together because I'm a little fed up with it breaking down all the time. If nothing is done I will be taking this complaint further.

DEAR SIR.
This is magesh from chennai. iam staying near to your whirlpool godown (Ramapuram) and iam using whirlpool washingmachine. I went to bought your product scalegon and whirlpool washing soap liquid. But they told there is no direct sales after that they told you meet karthik. After that i orderedyour product. Invoice amount rs.1100 but they are demanding rs.1600. As a customer why should i have to get lose my money. Some of ethics is going there. I fell very bad to be your customer.

Upvote (0)

whirlpool microwave was purchased as a gift in 02/2011.it quit heating on 12/04 2012. i e mailed whirlpool and they said they will send a repair man. i will have to pay because anextended warrenty was not purchased .i cant believe it wont work for several years i guess they make lousy products .they force you to buy an extended warrenty. we have bought several products made by whirlpool.refrigerator [roper] kitchen aid dishwasher,whirlpool washer.we probably not buy anymore whirlpool products.thank you joan kane.

Upvote (0)

On Monday February 18, 2013 a new Whirlpool waser/dryer ws delivered to my home. On the very FIRST cycle of the machine, a huge flood occurred on the floor. My flooring is ruined. On Wednesday February 20, I noticed that the machine is starting on its own WITH THE DOOR IN THE OPEN POSITION. This is a SAFETY AND FIRE HAZARD. It is now Thursday February 21, 2013 and I have yet to see a Whirlpool service person. All I get on the phone is : "I am sorry for the inconvenience. Stop apologizing and remove this piece of junk.

Upvote (0)

The Whirlpool Cabrio is a fraud. These things are nothing but a pain in the rear end, the cloths do the following while TRYING to wash,,horribly wrinkle, tie themselves in knots, get off balance and shut the washer down, and sometimes don't even get everything WET no less clean. We HATE this thing its like a DEMON!!! I can't believe that Consumer Reports say it's a top of the line washer, they have never used one I guess, they are truly LIEING about this thing, or they are being paid to say " It's a great washer".

I purchased a Whirlpool Washer 9/06/11. In addition I purchased new Washer Fill Hoses and 10 year washer Component . Needless to say, I am very unhappy with the washing machine. It does not do a good job of cleaning the clothes and the water barely covers the clothes. It takes a long time to complete a load of clothes on Regular wash. Is there something wrong with this machine or is it supposed to work this way? I thought Whirlpool had a better history of good products. This is not a good product.. If there is something I can do to make it more efficient, please contact me

I want a different washer,but nobody seems to be listning. Whirlpool should RECALL ALL these pieces of junk and replace them, and make NO more of them!! WE HATE this thing!!

Upvote (0)

I recently had to replace my microwave wall oven combo of 17 years when the microwave would no longer work. I went with another Whirlpool. I love the microwave but the oven unit whistles the whole time it is on so loudly that it is very disturbing. It also still gives off a strange smell even though I have used it at least 20 times. My kitchen is part of the great room and this new unit disturbs everyone in the room which is the center of all my entertaining. What can be done to fix this problem?

Upvote (0)

My name is Mike Olson. My 80 year old mother-in-law purchased a Whirlpool washer and dryer from Lowes on 2-2-13. She had them installed on 2-4-13. The "check vent" light on the dryer does not go off. She has had three diferant installers come out fom Lowes to see if they could fix it. They could not. She hired a contractor to come out and completely blow out the entire vent system and then to re-install the dryer. The light still stays on.

My mother-in-law has called Whirlpool on numerous occasions and gets no help. This is my official written complaint to document that I have gone through the right channels to start this process. I assure you that I will not stop complaining until this has been resolved. She explained to me that the salesman was so kind and helpfull and couldnt understand why he pretended not to even know her when she came in to describe the problem. Just take her money and push her aside. We trully do live in sad days. I expect a timely response to this complaint. If not I will phone call to the top.

Upvote (0)

we had purchase whirlpool ro on 25 dec 2011 and it works properly only for 2 months after that it start making lot of sound. we had complaint against it more than 12 times and each time a enginer comes but the problem is not solved. we are very disappoint. and recoment other to never never purchase any whirlpool product .they had no solution of ther products complaint.

Upvote (0)

We bought our Whirlpool electric oven in June of 2011. Eighteen months later, the oven and broiler do not function. We had a repairman come today and the electronic control board is shot. The price to repair it-$349.00. The repairman will have the part tomorrow. We are having it fixed. Our oven cost $599.00. This is just not right. It shows a very faulty product. I hope someone reads this and cares enough to contact me.

Upvote (0)

Broken icemaker, purchased 7-26-12, delivered 8-6-12, broke 8-2-13 Manufacturer will not cover even though complaints are posted about the design of this product. Complaining about length time waiting on repair service under extended warranty. Over two weeks waiting for repair person. Complaining about poor design, and lack of manufacturer coverage of product from delivery date by manufacturer. Whirlpool quotes policy which is a smoke screen for poor product design.

Lowe's needs to quit selling Whirlpool or hire more service workers to repair problems. Repair people say that line is run in door, which is several degrees warmer than unit, and causes the crushed ice to malfunction and break ice unit. Water drips and ice jams. Was told in phone call that no history of problems. Whirlpool must not read complaint boards. My identical problem is described on site. Lowe's, please complain to Whirlpool about this product as they are not listening to me. One of you need to replace my refrigerator.

Upvote (0)

This complaint should be sent to Whirlpool corporate office, Mr. Jeff M. Fettig Whirlpool Headquarters 2000 N. M-63. Dear Mr. fettig, I purchased a Whirlpool front load Washer from Lowes in Waynesville, Missouri on December 2011. It functioned well until about three months later, when my family clothes started being torn and burnt by this machine. Not realizing what was going on we continued to use the machine, until I realized the machine had torn blankets, jeans, shirts, underclothing and the like.

I called for the machine to be serviced and being that the machine was less than a year old it was serviced twice before its 1 year mark, for the same reasons of ripping and burning my families clothing. Being totally dissatisfied with this product, I was just going to purchase another one, but why should I when I truly believe this whirlpool washer was faulty from the beginning. Keeping the washer was a big mistake on my part, because shortly after 1 year the machine began to rip and burn our clothes again.

It took once again for me to be home all day, after a weeks wait for the repair man to show, then another ten days prior to that for the part to come. Between the process of waiting for the repair man and the machine tearing up my family clothes I am in need of a machine that is worth what I have paid. Once again the machine is tearing up our clothes and it was supposedly repaired again in March 2013. I am completely dis-satisfied with this whirlpool front load washer machine.

After calling the Whirlpool customer support line, I was totally dis-satisfied with the response that now that the machine is over a year old the warrant division needs to handle the repair and they will not cover the cost of the torn un-useable clothes or replace my machine with one that works properly. I feel I have gotten the run around. Who wants to take the risk of placing their clothes into a machine that may just rip or burn them to pieces? I would make me happy, if whirlpool gives me an allowance to replaced my clothes any amount is better than nothing. Also, I would like the old washer to be replaced with a new one that has been proven to work correctly.

Upvote (0)

On 11-28-12, I had contacted Whirlpool customer service to have an issue resolved that affects my Cabrio 5.2CF wash machine, model# WTW7600XW2/ serial# C11370579. I was told by a customer represenitive AND supervisor in customer service that the washer was out of warranty and there would be nothing they would be able to do to assist in resolution of this problem. The tub seal failed, causing the main bearing to fail.

Apparently to fix this issue, the entire outter tub needs to be relaced as Whirlpool doesn't sell this assembly in seperate. The cost for this repair without labor is going to be in excess of $300. I purchased this washer AND drier on 9-2-11 and as of todays date, has been out of warranty for 1.5 months. I paid $999.95 for this washer, now I am faced with bills of in excess of $300 to fix a problem this washer has been notorious for failing. To keep a Whirlpool customer, I certainly hope this matter would be covered by a warranty consideration (either parts/ replacement washer).

As a corporation as big as Whirlpool is, you'd think they would stand behind their product, especially 1.5 months after the warranty had expired just to keep customers.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Whirlpool Kitchen dishwasher on 2 Oct 2011 which has never worked for more than two weeks. After many attempts to have the product repaired using our warranty service, it was decided that product would be replaced by you in Dec. We were contacted by Nichole the week before Christmas who told us the product would be ordered immediately and shipped to San Antonio for installation. At that time she told us the delivery should be arrive within 10-12 business days for installation.

Since then we have followup with Nichole, her "supervisor" Jake and Rhonda as to the status of our dishwasher, all we get is that Optima has received the dishwasher and should be contacting you immediately, which has not happened. When we call Optima, they tell us that nothing has even been shipped to them related to our case. Quite frankly I'm not sure why your customer care personnel are so reluctant to help us resolve this matter. At this point I feel as if they are lying to me when I call just to get me off the phone. I bought product because I believed it was the best, guess I was wrong. I expected more from a company of your stature. so, that said, I expect someone from Whirlpool contact me immediately who can resolve this issue today.

I purchased a whirlpool washing machine in October of 2010 and in December 2011 it started not washing. TICK ME OFF.. I suggest that whirlpool needs to work out the kinks in new items before selling them to the public.. We did not purchase the extended waranty so we were either out 380 bucks to have it fixed or have to buy a new washer. the washer we had before this lasted 16 years , wow thats awesome,!!!Having to buy another one 1 year later wouldnt that make you mad??? YEP. I wont be buying a whirlpool next go around.

Upvote (0)

I am extremely upset that my Whirlpool Model: ED5FHFHEXTB00 that I purchased four years ago through HHGregg is already broken! I spent approximately $1400 on this refrigerator and it now needs a new condenser! The cost is no longer worth it! The crisper drawers inside cracked and broke about two years ago, the ice maker continuously jams and now, the condenser? I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of this product and will not be repurchasing a Whirlpool appliance in the future. Each person I have spoken with, both at HHGregg and at Whirlpool have been less-than-helpful and completely uncaring! I was under the impression that your company possessed a higher quality product and better customer service. I am completely disappointed!

Contact the Whirlpool Complaint Department