Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Peter Ryan
Feb 10, 2015 - Macungie, PA
Bad

Moments ago, I filed a complaint with the BBB in Michigan closest to the Whirlpool corp. In short, My wife and I purchased a gas range/oven, model KGRS505XSS, in Oct. 2011. Along with that, since we do not have supplied gas, we purchased and had installed a propane tank to serve just the stove. Total cost about $3,000. Since then, the appliance has failed four times, three of which out of warranty. Now, we regularly host holiday dinners for as many as 20 family members. With the repeated failure of this machine, my wife has come to fear Thanksgiving! Her favorite holiday, no less....Today was visit #4, with one of the ovens down. Approx. cost to repair? about $280, says the tech. (nice man, well trained). But we'll wait 7-10 days for the part, then some more for said tech. to come back. When the first failure occurred, I gave the thing a pass...a glitch, I said. Second failure, we made some calls, dealer, whirlpool.....pretty much no response. Now, I spend half a day from my business to wait for the technician, money to fix aside, and what if this were Thanksgiving! In short, THIS APPLIANCE IS A LEMON, AND PERHAPS THE MODEL IS ITSELF A BAD DESIGN. I am not social media savvy, but if nothing else, this experience provides me with the opportunity to sharpen that skill, so that good people, spending good money, won't be screwed.

Have you had problems with Whirlpool?

Compare Whirlpool to Similar Appliances more...

Top 87 Reviews about Whirlpool

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Whirlpool customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I bought a whirlpool stackable washer and dryer 22 months ago. Model number WFC7500VW/serial number CD31029976. The power control board broke on the washer 1 month ago, part number W10192966. Whirlpool has a national back order on this part. They can't tell me if the part will be available in 1 week or in 1 year.

So, should I trash a less than 2 year old, $1400.00 appliance or should I wait? No one at Whirlpool has any idea how long it takes to produce a power control board. Nor could they tell me how many have been backordered or how long this part has been backordered and no, they have no idea why there is a delay. No one at Whirlpool has any information about this.

Their loyal customers should sit back and wait or run out and buy a brand new Whirlpool washer to replace it. Interesting marketing strategy.

Horrible

We purchased these items approximately 5 months ago. At three months we were listening to a high pitch whining sound coming from the washer. We called for a repairman to come out and were told that the sound was normal. We do not feel that it is a normal sound. We can hear the sound in our upstairs living room with the basement door closed.

We are a family of two, both retired and do not have an abundance of wash to do; typically, 3 medium sized loads a week. We are not over loading the machine and see no reason why a new machine would make this kind of sound. The machine we replaced was 20 years old and significantly quieter.

We are extremely unhappy with this purchase and feel like we are stuck with a product that is defective.

Horrible

I don't even want to leave one star. We re did our kitched two years ago-bought the Whirlpool large cabinet depth refrigerator/freezer. It has gone out (won't cool) two times in two years. We have the extended warranty and it has been two weeks and NO call back yet. The cooktop sucked--never got hot enough to boil water. And the dishwasher got a small slow leak in the pump. Dripped water under the appliance and ruined our wood floor. Black mold.

Three lousy Whirlpool appliances. I will NEVER ever ever get another one. Really--can I leave no stars?

Horrible

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model #WRS 325 FNAH00. Purchased in September 2014 at HHGregg. The refrigerator side door sticks out further than the freezer side door. Three service calls from two different service companies and the servicemen could not fix it.

The last serviceman called the Whirlpool tech line and they told him that the refrigerator side door has the wrong gasket on it and it cannot be replaced because of the way that it is attached to the door at the factory. I spoke with two different supervisors in two different call centers and was given the run-a-round by both, always being asked the same questions and not being able to retrieve the results of the service calls.

The last one Peggy Moore was supposed to call me back and never did. I left messages on her voice mail which she has not responded to. They talk in circles making me call various departments giving the same information over and over again in the hope that I will be discouraged and give up and go away.

Horrible

On 03-05-15, I purchased a refrigerator water filter from your Whirlpool store by phone. It was thru a promo code: SPECIAL. Security code 5121.Filter P/N 4396841. If I remember right, this is the 4th time I have ordered filters through this special promo. Never any problem before until this time. I called 03-13-15. Was told filter had been returned. No reason given. Checked your records. You had only my residence address. We have no home delivery, so all mail is addressed to a P.O. Box. which I gave to the lady that took my call. 03-30-15 still no filter. I asked the lady that took my call if both addresses were on the shipping label. She informed me she had no way of knowing what addresses were on the label. 04-06-15 called again. I was informed it took up to 10 working days for delivery. Today is 04-20-15 still no filter. I like these prices as I do change filters when the red light comes on. HOWEVER. If you feel that you can't handle this problem, can you at least give credit on my credit card. You have the number.

Horrible

I have a Whirlpool Refrigerator. Whirlpool service man was called on 05/13 2014 because of ice in freezer. The drain line was changed. Whirlpool service was called on 06/07/2014 because of frost in freezer. Changed door slides. Whirlpool service man was called on 04/09/2015 because refrigerator was not working. Service man came on 04/14/2015 and wrote that Compressor extremely hot. Residue of leaking in drain pan and around compressor. 40 deg. + in freezer, no temp in fridge. Said it would take 3 to 5 days to order part.

After 6 days, I called Whirlpool service Dept. and was told that my claim was denied. I was told that I did not perform maintenance on the drip pan, so it was my fault. Tried to talk, but all she would say is that I did not do the required maintenance. I looked up all I could about maintenance and the only thing I could find was from page 13, of the Whirlpool User Instruction Manual. "There is no need for routine condenser cleaning in normal home operating environments. If the environment is particularly greasy or dusty, or there is significant pet traffic in the home, the condenser should be cleaned every 2 to 3 months to ensure maximum efficiency."

This is the only thing I could find that is remotely close to what they are saying about maintenance. There is nothing about the drip pan. I believe, I have a normal home operating environment. I don’t have pets, a greasy or dusty environment, and a whirlpool service man serviced the refrigerator on 05/13/2014 to change the drain line, I think that has something to do with the drip pan, and again on 06/07/2014 to change the door slides, so I think that should cover the maintenance issue. I would like you to tell me in what manual does it say that I have to do maintenance on the drip pan.

Horrible

When we purchase six split and one window 1 ton ac, their dealer and also confirm that all installation charges is include in this billing rate, only if any futher pipe is require, you will provide only pipe,no other extra charges will be charge. Now after four days they are asking Rs.50/-extra per mtr charges, and first you pay then only we will install, and also extra gas charge @650/- p.kg.It means if 20 meter pipe extra fix in one ac , total six ac extra cost Rs.6000/- and Rs.7200/-already pay by us to dealer for installation. Total labour charges Rs.7200 + 6000 =13200 we should pay, in a day,what is this non sence. Is this your service man salary for a day is Rs.13200/- please look into this.

Horrible

My brand new Whirlpool refrigerator is leaking water all over the floor.When I called customer service to get it repaired they tell me their computer is down and please call back in an hour (the 1st time) or tomorrow (the 2nd time).

After 20 minutes on the phone each time, I'm asked to call back, but they can't guarantee that their computer will be working when I do. They asked me to send a copy of my receipt, since they had the date of purchase recorded incorrectly. In 3 to 5 days they should be able to process the information, which goes to another department. They can't send anyone to repair the problem because they can't look up the local "authorized" repairman on their computer, in spite of the fact that I have his name and number from the seller.

Meanwhile the laminate flooring under the fridge is starting to bubble up from the water leaking out while they give me the run-around. They're "sorry" my flooring will be ruined, but no one wants to do anything to solve the issue by letting me call the local authorized repairman directly. A call to the seller would resolve the issue, but they refuse. Whirlpool's refrigerator doesn't work, their computers don't work, and their customer service doesn't work.My advice is DO NOT BUY a Whirlpool product.

Great

I purchased the Cabrio Whirlpool washer and dryer. Washer doesn't always wash - even leaves some things dry. Dryer does not dry - even after resetting for additional time. I even put it on Bulk Load - 70 minutes - for some thin items, then gave it 20 minutes more on Timed Dry. STILL NOT DRY. So I spread them out over things to dry. I just thought maybe I got a lemon until I read other complaints.

Please I had a Whirlpool set before and LOVED IT. This one I have read so many complaints about. WHIRLPOOL please don't let me down. PLEASE help me out here. Thank YOU!!!!!!! Rate Experience? 1 - 5... is 1 good or bad? 1 being bad - then one; 5 being bad then 5.

Bad

Bought Whirlpool washer 3/31/2015, del. 4/2/2015. Drain hose to short, have called company 5 times, they tell me I'll have to buy a longer drain hose, this is nonsense the hoses are way to short one size does not fit all. Lowe's nor Home Depot have a fix for this issue. I'm ready to call the company H>H>Gregg and tell them I'm returning it, I shouldn't have to pay a plumber to come fix this. Whirlpool should make good on this. Any other ideas for me ? Will never BUY another product made buy you guys if someone isn't more helpful.

Bad

I have just purchased over $3000 worth of whirlpool appliances. I received $5.00 off for a broiler pan. I can't believe you don't have one in the oven. How cheap is that? Isn't a broiler pan part of any oven? Also the front of the bottom drawer is BLUE. Who wants a blue drawer. I hope this can be replaced with either black or stainless steel. I love my fridg and microwave dishwasher not installed yet I hope that is O.K. I hope this can be resolved. You don"t want an unhappy customer.

Horrible

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher from Lowe's in Palm Coast, Florida in July of 2013 with an extended protection plan. Now, in March 2015, when I went to wipe the top edge of the door with a wet paper towel, the paint chipped off. Lowe's suggested that I contact Whirlpool, which I did. They told me that because it was out of Lowe's one year warranty (The protection plan is a five-year plan.) it was not covered. They suggested I call an appliance repair service. They said that a tech could come out ($78.00) to assess the problem. I would still need to pay for the repair, and if necessary, for a new door as well. The damage is severe enough for me to want it repaired and I feel that Whirlpool should be responsible since this is shoddy workmanship and poor quality control at the point of manufacture. I see from other complaints that this has also happened to another customer.

Bad

Installed new water heater and element broke got a replacement and that one broke in half and fell in tank. used old element and got it working. called whirlpool to ask them about discount due to my two day ordeal. The tech said it was due to improper installation and would not give me anything for my troubles on a brand new water hearer. i did the same filling and purging the tank of any air all three times. i will never buy a whirlpool product ever again. Customer service was poor and quality of product doesn't seem to be good. i hope someone contacts me about this issue and makes this right. I also working in sales and customer service and if one of my customers had issues with new equipment i would send out a replacement or at least offer it. I feel like with whirlpool once you bought it your stuck with it, considering lowes will not take the water heater back unless whirlpool agrees. I am serious when i say i will never buy from whirlpool again and i will tell anybody who asks not to get this brand.

Horrible

Bought a Whirlpool Microhood 1.7CF Nov. 7,20 hooked it up, worked for a week then quit working consitently. Upper door latch was not closing correctly. was not latching all the way. Called 800 number and was givven a number for warrenty service. Sevice man came , looked it over and took it to the warrenty aproved shop for service. We were told that they had trouble getting parts to repair it and they would let us know when they would be bringing it back.Finally got it back after January 2015. The repair man brought the microwave in, got it in and tried heating up a cup of coffee. tried a couple times to see that it worked and left. Worked for a day and a half, then quit heating.. Since then it just sits there . Not useable. The repair man said that it took so long to return it because they had a hard time finding part to repair the darn thing. This is the reason we have not contacted anyone sooner. Seems that we made a bad decision buy this product in the first place. Don' t believe we would buy another whirlpool product again.

Poor

I own a whirlpool side by side with ice and water on front. The ice will not come out. Serviceman said its a ongoing problem and cannot be corrected. Very upsetting as this is reason we purchased this model.

Bad

I am buying a trailer from clayton mobile I got the trailer in August of 2014. The trailer is brand new single wide 2013 come with brand new appliance dishwasher, stove, refridge. So I've decide to use the dishwasher which is Thursday night I left dishes in there until the next day .So that Friday they was still in there I was about go to bed we start seeing smoke and smell something burning my pizza cutter plastic was burning note I haven't use the dishwasher since Thursday why the heating element still hot . And I've use it several time all sudden this happen what if we had fell asleep we could've die from smoke I turn it off from the breaker that's only way it went off. I've just lost a child life is to precious please take time to see what's going on .GOD BLESS AMERICAN

Horrible

We bought a Whirlpool dishwasher after putting it in the dishwasher never dried the dishes. The contractor was called to come out and check the dishwasher. We were told the part the dishwasher needed was not available. We bought the dishwasher in December we finally got it replaced on February 7th but quess what this dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes neither if I'm going to have to take the dishes out and dry them before I can put them up. I don't need a dishwasher it just makes it harder. The contractor was called on this dishwasher on the 7th it is now the 20th of February and we haven't heard anything from them. I will never buy another whirlpool product. I wouldn't even give Whirlpool one star.

Poor

Hi,I am a customer of whirlpool Whirlpool refrigerator fridge last few
days I was facing problem  so I called up whirlpool to ractify this
problem.I got a call from Whirlpool Engineer Mr ashish everytme he called he
but didn’t tunred up on time finally he reached to my house on 9th Feb
2013  & did some work but seems he was not qualified as he was asking
everything on phone from his colleague also he took Rs 2310 rs as
well, as a result now machine is not working at all & he did some
wrong wiring also. Now when we are calling him he is starigh away
saying that he will not come.

I am sharing some information about engineer

Jobsheet No:- 1831
Name :-ashish
 (Sahar Service)
Cell no :-9212322134
9212322322/9212422422

This makes me to feel that i've made a wrong choice of buying ur
product keeping in mind about future service support.

Look fwd to receive ur response abt my complaint as it has kept me to
think about retaining ur product.

Santosh Dutt:- 9811631964/ 8860472383
Bhola Dutt:-9818071647

Poor

The first part of this complaint concerns an order for a refrigerator, washer and dryer which we were told that the order was never placed after waiting for the delivery and being told it was out for delivery. We then canceled the order and went out an bought Sumsung appliances. Our new home has a whirlpool stove. The oven does not work. We had a repairman out on the 21st of September. We were told it would take 5 to 10 days for the part to come in. We called today (October 3) and found out the part is on back order. Now we are told it will be another 5 days. We should have been called earlier.

Horrible

I'm fed up with whirlpool not helping me and in fixing this issue. Job number is 556966. Contact me via phone and I will explain it all. 0427527730. Not happy at all.

Contact the Whirlpool Complaint Department