Whirlpool

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Whirlpool

Posted by Peter Ryan on Feb 10, 2015
Customer Rating

Moments ago, I filed a complaint with the BBB in Michigan closest to the Whirlpool corp. In short, My wife and I purchased a gas range/oven, model KGRS505XSS, in Oct. 2011. Along with that, since we do not have supplied gas, we purchased and had installed a propane tank to serve just the stove. Total cost about $3,000. Since then, the appliance has failed four times, three of which out of warranty. Now, we regularly host holiday dinners for as many as 20 family members. With the repeated failure of this machine, my wife has come to fear Thanksgiving! Her favorite holiday, no less....Today was visit #4, with one of the ovens down. Approx. cost to repair? about $280, says the tech. (nice man, well trained). But we'll wait 7-10 days for the part, then some more for said tech. to come back.

When the first failure occurred, I gave the thing a pass...a glitch, I said. Second failure, we made some calls, dealer, whirlpool.....pretty much no response. Now, I spend half a day from my business to wait for the technician, money to fix aside, and what if this were Thanksgiving! In short, THIS APPLIANCE IS A LEMON, AND PERHAPS THE MODEL IS ITSELF A BAD DESIGN. I am not social media savvy, but if nothing else, this experience provides me with the opportunity to sharpen that skill, so that good people, spending good money, won't be screwed.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Whirlpool provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Whirlpool?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.08 out of 5
2.08 out of 5 Stars
71 Consumer Reviews

Whirlpool
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Whirlpool. What is their corporate mailing address?

2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, MI 49022-2692

I want to call the Whirlpool customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

269-923-5000

I need to visit the Whirlpool company website. What is their website address?

More Whirlpool Complaints

Customer Rating

We bought a Whirlpool dishwasher after putting it in the dishwasher never dried the dishes. The contractor was called to come out and check the dishwasher. We were told the part the dishwasher needed was not available. We bought the dishwasher in December we finally got it replaced on February 7th but quess what this dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes neither if I'm going to have to take the dishes out and dry them before I can put them up. I don't need a dishwasher it just makes it harder. The contractor was called on this dishwasher on the 7th it is now the 20th of February and we haven't heard anything from them. I will never buy another whirlpool product. I wouldn't even give Whirlpool one star.

DEAR SIR.
This is magesh from chennai. iam staying near to your whirlpool godown (Ramapuram) and iam using whirlpool washingmachine. I went to bought your product scalegon and whirlpool washing soap liquid. But they told there is no direct sales after that they told you meet karthik. After that i orderedyour product. Invoice amount rs.1100 but they are demanding rs.1600. As a customer why should i have to get lose my money. Some of ethics is going there. I fell very bad to be your customer.

Customer Rating

I purchased a hotwater heater about 2yrs ago and for the past 3 months one thing after the other kept going wrong. My home has been flooded 3 times by the heater. I live in a trailer so my floor boards my carpet and walls have been damaged . I couldnt find my receipt and I called Lowes and ask what I could do since I couldnt find my receipt. The first lady I talked to said there was nothing I could do so she let me talk to a really nice gentleman in that dept. He told me to call Whirlpool and that they could help. So I did and they gave me a number to give lowes and it would be replaced. Thats all well and good but what about all the damage it has done to my home. I really need some advise as to what I need to do. Thank you and Blessed Be.

Customer Rating

I bought a side by side 8/18/2012 and it's been nothing but trouble. Now the in door ice maker doesn't work. we have a condo in savannah and we hardly use the thing and we can't get it to make ice. The switch is on, water is flowing and I bought it at Lowes. My whole house is whirlpool. I'm sick of this fridge and I'm sick of whirlpool. I shouldn't have to put up with this it is realy stressfull when we go there to relax and I have a appliance that is crap. The freezer door has been replaced and it still doesn't work. I plan on being there for the Thanksgiving holiday and I want results. my other house has whirlpool in it also and I believe we need to handle this.

Customer Rating

MY WHIRPOOL CABRIO WASHER AND DRYER ARE 1 1/2 YEARS OLD AND I'VE HAD TROUBLE WITH BOTH OF THEM SINCE I PURCHASED THEM! LOWES REFUSED TO REPLACE THEM AND I CONTACTED THEM WITHIN 2 DAYS AFTER PURCHASING THEM. I CONTINUED TO CALL LOWES (WHERE I PURCHASED THEM) AND LOWES KEPT TELLING ME I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE THEM AND IF I HAD ANY ISSUES, TO CONTACT WHIRPOOL. THEN I CONTACTED WHIRLPOOL AND HAD TO HAVE THE UNITS REPAIRS NUMEROUS TIMES EVEN DURING THE FIRST YEAR I HAD THEM. WHIRPOOL REFUSED TO EXCHANGE THEM FOR ANOTHER KIND NOR WOULD ANYONE REFUND MY MONEY. SO I HAD NO OPTION BUT TO GET AN EXTENDED WARRANTY AND HAVE HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH REPAIRS, THAT I HAD TO BUY AN OLD WASHER AND DRYER TO USE WHILE I WAITED FOR WEEKS FOR THE REPAIRS. I WILL NEVER TRUST WHIRPOOL PRODUCTS AGAIN AND WILL CONTACT CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!

Customer Rating

I purchased a Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer about 2 years ago (top loading washer). I have 2 main complaints. 1. You cannot keep water in the washer for a prolonged period of time and 2. anything large ends up in a ball making the machine off balance.

Shortly after getting my washer, I had a white tablecloth with red wine stains. I put it in the washer to "soak" and realized the "soak" cycle was a few minutes. I called Whirlpool customer service and asked "How do I really soak something in this washer?" After a few minutes on hold, the reply was, "You can't." So, now if I want to soak something I'm using a bucket of water, hauling it to the washer and then carrying on. I never would have purchased this washer if I had known this one fact. I never even thought to ask the salesman if water would stay in the washer if you wanted.

2. Even washing a load of king sized sheets makes this machine off balance. What prompted me to write this complaint today is the difficulty I have had trying to wash a king size coverlet. It's not THAT heavy (single thickness). Because of my past experience cited above, I used the bathtub to work on a stain, then hauled it to the washer where it has gone off balance 3 times. Now I have put it in a big bucket to take to the laundromat.

Before I purchased this washer and dryer pair I did a lot of research. I decided that I wouldn't get a front loader because of the creeping factor and chose this model instead. I guess the big reason for my irritation is that when you buy a major appliance, you live with what you like and don't like for a long time. I never had any trouble washing sheets, etc. using the "old" technology (center agitator) and I really liked my previous Whirlpool washer that lasted 15 years. I hope that you rethink this new technology. I am getting ready to buy a new washer and dryer for a 2nd home and I will not even think about getting this type of washer again.

Thank you for letting me reduce my irritation by sending in this complaint, Gail Gamble

Customer Rating

Kitchen remolded 1st dishwasher last 7 years broke repair man charge $100.00 to just diagnose problem. Will cost more to fix then buy new one.
Stove broke after 6.9 years. electronic Pad lights fade after .5 hr. Again service $100.00 said control pad is gone. We were sure there was more of a problem with Door not closing.
Seconded dishwasher broke after 2.3 years called a different service. $130. to diagnose. main control board gone and water switch.
At least he knew what is wrong with stove. Is door near hinges wont allow door to close and heat hits control pad...
I guess that's why Americans buy foreign. Americans cant build an appliance that last at least 10 years or more.
I will never buy American made again its just junk. I am finding Germans build better appliances.

Customer Rating

The Whirlpool Cabrio is a fraud. These things are nothing but a pain in the rear end, the cloths do the following while TRYING to wash,,horribly wrinkle, tie themselves in knots, get off balance and shut the washer down, and sometimes don't even get everything WET no less clean. We HATE this thing its like a DEMON!!! I can't believe that Consumer Reports say it's a top of the line washer, they have never used one I guess, they are truly LIEING about this thing, or they are being paid to say " It's a great washer".

I purchased a Whirlpool Washer 9/06/11. In addition I purchased new Washer Fill Hoses and 10 year washer Component . Needless to say, I am very unhappy with the washing machine. It does not do a good job of cleaning the clothes and the water barely covers the clothes. It takes a long time to complete a load of clothes on Regular wash. Is there something wrong with this machine or is it supposed to work this way? I thought Whirlpool had a better history of good products. This is not a good product.. If there is something I can do to make it more efficient, please contact me

I want a different washer,but nobody seems to be listning. Whirlpool should RECALL ALL these pieces of junk and replace them, and make NO more of them!! WE HATE this thing!!

Customer Rating

I have three nonworking applianes made by whirlpool. I purchased a Jenn Air Range in 2005 that I paid around
$1200 on sale from Home Depot in Atlanta. I purchased the extended warranty at the time. In 2009 the control panel was replaced on the Jenn Air range along with a check of the electric wires in the range. I purchased another extended warranty from Whirlpool that same year for $300+ and called today Novemver 2012 only to hear that their records shows I never paid the last payment and was canceled April 2012!! I have to prove the final payment was made in June 2012! In 2005 I also purchased a Jenn Air Refrigerator from Appliance Smart in which I also purchased an extended warranty at the time of purchase and it went out in June 2010. The replacement extended warranty for it was around $600+. I declined the refrigerator warranty. I was told by the warranty department that the warranty for the Jenn Air range went out in May 2010, therefore, I had to pay out of pocket for that repair. In 2005, I purchased a Kitchen Aid undercounter dishwasher from HHGregg which was repaired twice, in 2009 before the warranty ran out. In 2010, a foul smell and smoke coming from the Kitchen Aid dishwasher which caught a fire in the control panel, meltied the panel and burned the door controls along with the surrounding insulation. Instead of admitting there was a problem with the door panels catching fire on several dishwashers made by whirlpool, the serviceman called his office and was told that the problem must have been the home wiring. He mentioned that they had several simular complaints with some models. Somehow, my dishwasher was never repaired. Later, found out there was/is a Class Action Law Suite for the door panel fires against Whirlpool and Sears for the dishwasher door panels. Please response ASAP!

Customer Rating

I have a whirlpool refrigerator that is 7 months old and freezer has quit. I have contacted whirlpool on 2 occasions and requested that they replace it under warranty after the service repair tech told me what was going to happen. My family has been without for 2 weeks now and nothing has been resolved. This has got to be the most insane way of doing business that I have heard of. They want to spend over 1000,00 dollars in repair parts plus labor and the repair tech said he couldn't guarantee that this would be a permanent fix. we have been without for 2 weeks and don't know how much longer it will be till we are fixed. We spent over 2500.00 for this refrigerator and the action taken by Whirlpool corp. is totally unacceptable for customer service. This refrigerator should be replaced under a lemon law. I am going to contact BBB and my AG. There is no reason people should be have to deal with this kind of customer service.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Kevin Dunn on 09/04/2013 at IP address 206.255.251.22 using our Whirlpool Corporation. complaint form. This opinions contained in this Whirlpool Corporation. customer review titled, "New Whirlpool refrigerator still not fixed." do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

we had purchase whirlpool ro on 25 dec 2011 and it works properly only for 2 months after that it start making lot of sound. we had complaint against it more than 12 times and each time a enginer comes but the problem is not solved. we are very disappoint. and recoment other to never never purchase any whirlpool product .they had no solution of ther products complaint.

Customer Rating

whirlpool microwave was purchased as a gift in 02/2011.it quit heating on 12/04 2012. i e mailed whirlpool and they said they will send a repair man. i will have to pay because anextended warrenty was not purchased .i cant believe it wont work for several years i guess they make lousy products .they force you to buy an extended warrenty. we have bought several products made by whirlpool.refrigerator [roper] kitchen aid dishwasher,whirlpool washer.we probably not buy anymore whirlpool products.thank you joan kane.

Customer Rating

Bought a side-by-side in April 2012. In first seven months have had the ice crusher motor replaced and the ice maker replaced. A third service repair on the ice maker again today. The advice from the service department; "You can purchase an extended warranty for one year for an additional $153.00." However, that does not correct the fact that I have a defect problem with this fridge. This is a $2000.00 unit. Last Whirlpool product I will buy no mater how good the deal.

Customer Rating

Dear Mr. fettig, I purchased a Whirlpool front load Washer from Lowes in Waynesville, Missouri on December 2011. It functioned well until about three months later, when my family clothes started being torn and burnt by this machine. Not realizing what was going on we continued to use the machine, until I realized the machine had torn blankets, jeans, shirts, underclothing and the like.

I called for the machine to be serviced and being that the machine was less than a year old it was serviced twice before its 1 year mark, for the same reasons of ripping and burning my families clothing.

Being totally dissatisfied with this product, I was just going to purchase another one, but why should I when I truly believe this whirlpool washer was faulty from the beginning. Keeping the washer was a big mistake on my part, because shortly after 1 year the machine began to rip and burn our clothes again. It took once again for me to be home all day, after a weeks wait for the repair man to show, then another ten days prior to that for the part to come.

Between the process of waiting for the repair man and the machine tearing up my family clothes I am in need of a machine that is worth what I have paid. Once again the machine is tearing up our clothes and it was supposedly repaired again in March 2013. I am completely dis-satisfied with this whirlpool front load washer machine.

After calling your customer support line, I was totally dis-satisfied with the response that now that the machine is over a year old the warrant division needs to handle the repair and they will not cover the cost of the torn un-useable clothes or replace my machine with one that works properly. I feel I have gotten the run around. Who wants to take the risk of placing their clothes into a machine that may just rip or burn them to pieces?

I would make me happy, if whirlpool gives me an allowance to replaced my clothes any amount is better than nothing. Also, I would like the old washer to be replaced with a new one that has been proven to work correctly.

Mr. Jeff M. Fettig
Whirlpool Headquarters
2000 N. M-63

Customer Rating

I recently had to replace my microwave wall oven combo of 17 years when the microwave would no longer work. I went with another Whirlpool. I love the microwave but the oven unit whistles the whole time it is on so loudly that it is very disturbing. It also still gives off a strange smell even though I have used it at least 20 times. My kitchen is part of the great room and this new unit disturbs everyone in the room which is the center of all my entertaining. What can be done to fix this problem?

Customer Rating

I would like to let you know how disappointed I am in my washing machine. I bought in may 2012 and since then I have had 2 calls to say my machine is not working. They came out twice, then they decided to put a new motor and belt in and all was good. Know I am having the same trouble with it making large clonking noises again and know I'm waiting for it to break down again any time soon. I would like a refund on this machine or it replaced all together because I'm a little fed up with it breaking down all the time. If nothing is done I will be taking this complaint
further.

Jane Kelly

Customer Rating

I am extremely upset that my Whirlpool Model: ED5FHFHEXTB00 that I purchased four years ago through HHGregg is already broken! I spent approximately $1400 on this refrigerator and it now needs a new condenser! The cost is no longer worth it! The crisper drawers inside cracked and broke about two years ago, the ice maker continuously jams and now, the condenser? I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of this product and will not be repurchasing a Whirlpool appliance in the future. Each person I have spoken with, both at HHGregg and at Whirlpool have been less-than-helpful and completely uncaring! I was under the impression that your company possessed a higher quality product and better customer service. I am completely disappointed!

Customer Rating

I had purchase a whirlpool microwave 20-25 days had gone but your employees had not came to check the microwave and they had send a guy who checks refrigerator & washing machine instead of sending a guy who checks microwave .Is this a way whirlpool gives the service to customers ?
we are eagerly waiting to use our microwave.
PLEASE SEND A MICROWAVE EXPERT TO CHECK IT.

Customer Rating

On Monday February 18, 2013 a new Whirlpool waser/dryer ws delivered to my home. On the very FIRST cycle of the machine, a huge flood occurred on the floor. My flooring is ruined. On Wednesday February 20, I noticed that the machine is starting on its own WITH THE DOOR IN THE OPEN POSITION. This is a SAFETY AND FIRE HAZARD. It is now Thursday February 21, 2013 and I have yet to see a Whirlpool service person. All I get on the phone is : "I am sorry for the inconvenience. Stop apologizing and remove this piece of junk.

Customer Rating

Have Amana washer that's leaking oil from the transmission. Product 4 years old. This is unusual problem. Want transmission replaced. Would cost me $375 to repairl; paid $429 for washer. They want money to answer me or give me any help.

Companies Like Whirlpool