Wendy's

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Wendy's

Posted by Complaints Department on Apr 01, 2014
Customer Rating

Wendy’s on 58 highway Chattanooga Tennessee I went in to eat as soon I walked in the door to give my order 1St the bathroom door was opened with a disgusting smell. Of a bathroom where someone used the rest room The smellwas obvious of a stinch of a smell of a nasty rest room a man in front of me complained to the employee of Wendy’ she smiled and just said sir may I take your order he addresssed the smell again he told her no thanks to Wendy’s I was next in line I addressed your employeeof the terrible smell told her was ashame to come order for lunch I also told her where her manager was she said the manager was not in but to come back.. I will not return to this Wenfy’s until they can do better cleaning or better yet have a new building A Secret Shopper would give this Wendy’s a Failing score!

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Wendy's provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Wendy's?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.01 out of 5
2.01 out of 5 Stars
176 Consumer Reviews

Wendy's
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Wendy's. What is their corporate mailing address?

One Dave Thomas Blvd.
Dublin, OH 43017

I want to call the Wendy's customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

614-764-3100

I need to visit the Wendy's company website. What is their website address?

More Wendy's Complaints

Customer Rating

I received a screw in my Wendy's junior bacon cheeseburger. The woman who was at work was a manager named Curiston and she then told me no refund. What horrible attitude from a Wendy's employee after a potentially life threatening situation. I will think twice before ordering at this place again!

Customer Rating

I went to your store #00001222 in Delaware on Friday night to purchase dinner for my family. When I walked into the store the first thing I noticed was the fact that all the employees, with the exception of the manager, were sitting out in the eating area just talking, laughing, and carrying on. One of them got up and went behind the counter to take my order. After placing my order she handed me a bag and 3 drinks and said I can’t give you a carrier because we are out. We then discovered that I didn’t have my whole order. She told another person to make my sandwiches, I am guessing that was the person in charge of that particular sandwich, but it was taking forever. I waited and waited and waited. The man who was behind me left the store because no one ever took his order. The girl that waited on me had clocked out and was leaving when the manager came out with a till in her hand and said not to leave because they had to count the till. Anyway, I was waiting and waiting and someone said, “they are making your order” and I waited and waited even longer. Finally the manager says to me, “I am making your sandwiches” and I told her that I understood that.

The point to this is that the employees were not where they were supposed to be, I had to wait an extremely long time for my food so that when I finally got my sandwiches the other stuff was cold. I didn’t get a carrier so when I was carrying the stuff to my car my soda was all down the front of my shirt.

I work in customer service and this was truly the most unprofessional experience that I have had. We love Wendy’s food and it is a shame that I will probably never go back. At least not to that one. That manager leaves alot to be desired. She maybe needs more training or something.

And because I work in Customer service, I feel as though I should be compensated in some way for this.

This was a terrible experience and I would hope that you will find a way to make it right.

Customer Rating

I came in about 10:30pm and an older lady was helping serve some girl who almost left without her drink. I looked at three different ladies and they pretended not to see me. I stood right in front of the older lady who looked like she was going to take my order and then went and did something else. Instead of saying anything I just turned around and left. Why give business if they don’t want it? No one stopped me, they didn’t care to work. This location doesn’t close till 1 so it wasn’t as if I got there as they were closing.

Customer Rating

This evening I, close to 10 p.m., I went through the drive thru at Wendys on Park St. in West Springfield, MA 01089. I ordered 2-4 piece nuggets, 1 double stack WITH NO ONIONS (due to allergy), a small fry with NO SALT, and 4 frostys. Besides having to wait over ten minutes for food, I expected it to be fresh. I was asked to pull up to wait for my food. The initial time I was brought the wrong order, the boy went inside, came back out and asked me again what I was waiting for, I insisted it was a burger with no onions, 2 nuggets and a fry with no salt. 5 more minutes after that another boy brought me my food. When I went home to eat with my husband, I was given fries with no salt, but they were greasy and soggy, extremely soggy. The double stack beef patties were the color red to the naked eye, and it was loaded with onions. I tried to call this particular restaurant as I refuse to drive back after having wasted gas idling my car for 15 min. No one answered the phone and I am forced to use this as a resource to complain. If this is how the food is going to be every time I go, I will NEVER eat there again. It shouldn’t matter what time of day I go there, if you are open to 1 a.m., food at 10 p.m. should be fresh and cooked to it’s proper temperature, and food made the way a customer asks, thank you for wasting my time, gas and money.

Customer Rating

I would just like to inform you of an illness I had after eating at Wendy’s at the Iowa 80 Truckstop on Friday March 21. I stopped and got a single combo hamburger and fries. I thought that the hamburger tasted stale-it was not hot and just tasted old. I also had fries with ketchup and a Diet Coke. Within two hours of eating, I had projectile vomiting and diarrhea, along with profuse sweating and chills. This persisted through the night. The next morning I felt dramatically better. I had felt completely fine before I ate.

I just want to make you aware in case others were affected, or this store has had other complaints.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Toni Harms on 03/23/2014 at IP address 67.175.55.168 using our Wendy’s Iowa 80 Truckstop complaint form. This opinions contained in this Wendy’s Iowa 80 Truckstop customer review titled, “illness” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I visited the Wendy's in Harper Hospital, Detroit, MI (Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 6pm). I go to this restaurant because I like and it is very convenient because I work in the hospital. Today I visited Wendy's and receieved the worst service. It took me over 40 minutes (my hold lunchtime) get my order. The staff was playing behind the counter; laughing, playing around and using profanity. My cashier was not friendly at all Then I get my order and return to work to see that I have the wrong order, so now I have no lunch. I wish I had taken the moment to get the names of these employees, but I was so angry. I have never experienced anything like today. It was absolutely a terrible experience.

Hello,

We just ordered from drive through and a young man took our order. When we drove away, I notices there was no cheesburger in my son's kids meal. We then turn around to go back and ask for the cheeseburger. We were told to go to the second window and when we pulled up, a young woman with blonde hair that was tied up & bangs parted to one side, very quickly tossed/sorta chucked the bag with the cheeseburger. She then shouts thank you and shuts the window in my husband's face, no apology, just rudeness.
My family and I have been avid Wendys customers for over 12 years and I would have hoped for better service... Especially for something where the error was on their part. I hope to hear back as soon as possible and that proper action is carried out. Whatever was done to correct the matter, I'd like to know why exactly was done. Thank you.

The Larnards

Customer Rating

Young people loitering in front of the Order line. There was no line at all but for those people standing there making it uneasy for customers. These batch of friends had more friends come and go in and out of the service area coming from outside. No uniform changing, no hand washing, phone calls made in srevice and food prep area, unkempt people loitering.. They come and go as they please. It was disgusting I started filming it on my phone. They would go out into their cars and dig around into their dirty cars/vans and just come back in and go straight into the food prep/service area and just walk around touching surfaces.

I wanted to puke after noticing this as I have finished off food I bought. The building looked so dingy. No wonder it does not look like a success story, this particular store.

Customer Rating

Recently my husband and I were in Langley, BC for several days and stayed at Canada’s Best Value Inn on Fraser Highway. Right behind the motel was a Wendy’s. The service was so bad that one time I was there by myself I actually left because two of the customers had waited so long for service that they were about to get into a fight! The first time we were there I ordered a pecan apple salad and got no pecans. My husband’s fries were actually cold. The second time was when the fight almost happened. At that time another customer had been waiting a very long time because the staff had given him the wrong meal. I have no idea when or if he ever got the correct one.

The third time I ordered another pecan chicken salad and again there were no pecans. All three times I went in there was no staff at the register. Instead you could hear them talking in the back in whatever language it was that they spoke. I can assure you that it will be a very long time – if ever – before I go back to a Wendy’s. I’m sure that this is not what Dave Thomas had in mind for his restaurant. It has gone downhill faster than Lindsey Vaughn!

Customer Rating

On my way home from work (hospital evening shift) I was hungry and stopped at the local Wendy’s in Port Orange, Florida. Ordered fries (ad said ‘Natural’ whatever that means) chicken nuggets and a small frostee. The nuggets were cold and had a BAAAD taste. The fries were worse..limp cold. I wanted to write to the corporate offices as this has happened before. I will NEVER go to this Wendy’s store again.

Customer Rating

My Mother In Law received several $20 bills in change from this Wendy’s ALLLL of which were counterfeit. When she called the store to complain, they told her to just bring the money back in and they would exchange them. She took the money back the next day and they simply gave her more money no questions asked!!! Weird huh, I mean who just takes someone’s word that they received counterfeit money from their store and you replace it with NO QUESTION ASKED and NO INVESTIGATION!!! Needless to say if you go to this Wendy’s I would suggest you NOT use cash!!! I will NEVER go back to Wendy’s AGAIN as when I filed a complaint with Wendy’s no one even bothered to call me back!!! So much for Customer Service or Satisfaction!!!

Customer Rating

Drive Through.....Doesn't even deserve 1 star. This is referring to the Wendy's on West Michigan at WMU campus in Kalamazoo Michigan.

1. So much ice in drink that cannot put straw in. Happens at this Wendy's time after time.
2. Never give a napkin
3. Speakers difficult to hear so the employee is rude with customers. I think there is something wrong with the speakers. Specially today...it was the last straw! 2-24-15 at approx. 12:30 PM.
4. Ordered 2 for 2 chili. They gave me 1 spoon and 2 crackers!!!!! I specifically asked for 2 spoons. This happens every week. Is the business in that much trouble you cannot give napkins and spoons and crackers out?
5. French Fries were ice cold
6. Chile is luke warm
7. Girl at window so afraid of being cold that they shut the window on me while I was talking!!!
8. NO bake potatoes again.
9. When I went to pay the girl was busy talking to another employee and totally ignored me. My drink was sitting there. My order was sitting in the window. Perhaps that is why I had cold fries.

Customer Rating

I went to Wendy's at 585 merrimon ave in Asheville North Carolina, and ordered food to go. When I got home, my hamburger had no patty on it-- just the condiments. I didn't order anything special, not that that would've mattered. Then I decided, well , I'll eat my fries. About halfway through those, I bit into a WAD of blonde hair that is not mine. Not just one hair either, like 8 all clumped together. I called the restaurant to say I was very upset that I just spent $8 on a meal that I didn't even get--- the manager couldn't find my receipt from 15 min earlier & told me if I wanted to come back shed give me another hamburger. But I ride public transit and walk a lot, on top of that I work 6 days per week-- its a lot of trouble for me to return any time soon. Customer service was mediocre at beat and now I wonder if they did it on purpose because I came in at 10 pm? I work in the food service industry and have for years , and I would be mortified to do this to a customer

Customer Rating

This was at the lake station IN location on a Saturday about 2pm. Basically the Manager was working without gloves on. Picking up bacon then picking up buns for different customers, handling frozen chicken for chicken sandwiches all with her bare hands. The fry cook didn't have gloves on either and the girl from the drive up window was scratching her head and playing with her hair in the kitchen.

Customer Rating

stopped at Wendy's on I-95 south bound in Roanoke Rapids, N.C. went up to counter to order, the woman at counter, did not say any thing, see just looked at me, the people ahead of me was waited on nicely, and they had a burger king coupon trying to use at wendy,s , then when I got food she did not say anything again, I travel a lot, and know people have bad days, but when you work in public, need to be thankful, to people who are giving you business,this should not be a race thing but I was the only white man in the business, maybe racial thing going the other way !

Customer Rating

The great cod sandwich tasted like a piece of pressed nasty blanksky! It was tasteless so I looked up the calories and what a shock! What I could have had for 550 cal and 25 grams of fat and 900 sodium. I don't want my money back. I want them to pay for my hospital bill to have my heart cleaned out!!

Customer Rating

Quite frequently I get fries that aren't even long enough to hold onto to dip. Seems like your fries are getting shorter all the time. As a whole, there pretty good but to damn short. No they don't have to be 4 or 5 inches in length, but it would be nicer than a half to there quarters inch in length. Give us something to hold on to. Seems like you are buying 2nds, Shorts. PLEASE quit taking away from our value menu, you keep chopping it down to where there is almost nothing left. You keep adding to the cost of everything and still chopping, COME ON.

Customer Rating

I would like to get the last chili "again" like we got for years and it got changed a few months ago. We frequent Portage St. in Canton, Ohio 5 or 6 days a week for 7or 8 years and had chili everyday. Being there daily we met several people that were doing the same. As soon as you changed the ingredients I tried the new chili 3 or 4 times and have now swore off altogether. Some of the other regulars have quit coming in because of the same problem, we don't like your new chili. Another complaint is I don't care for your new plastic cups at the condiment counter. I used to get a paper cup with ketchup to dip fries or ad to my burger, I could squeeze the paper, but not now. Now I have to get a knife and spread it. The cost of paper versus plastic, I would guess plastic is more costly and now I have to use a knife also. I would think paper has to be less expensive as to a "plastic cup and a knife". You people must have more money than good sense.

Customer Rating

Hello, I am a regular customer at Wendys. Last night I ordered a burger, nuggets, and fries. I took a bite out of my burger and it tasted a little funny. I looked at the burger and it was pink all through it and I was and still am highly upset.

I didn't go back up there because I had made it home and im pregnant and my feet are swollen. I didn't have a receipt in the bag but I know the location and the time I went. I wanted a refund because the meat was not cooked all the way. I know there should be something you all can do to try to make this right. I do not live in the city this occurred.

Customer Rating

Every time I go to Wendy's I have a bad experience! I won't rehash them all but today, I ordered a meal that was almost $8.00! I took the drink off & it was $7.00! Everything is a-la-cart! Then after paying $7.00 for small fries & a cheese burger, the fries were not hot & they were burned as well as they were cut from the ends of the burger! Pitiful! I NEVER get a fresh, good, low cost meal @ Wendy's! The people that work there do not care! They are so use to giving bad service because they are friends of the manager & don't speak English so it don't matter what they do the manager will protect them! I will NEVER go there again!

Customer Rating

I am sick of your staff. I'm even more sick of filing complaints. How unprofessional is your staff if they cant open the window and ask me to pull back to the first window. Instead she knocks on the window with a disgusting look on her face and points.Granted I dont know how bad her menstrual cycle must be today but she can be descent. I damn sure wont spend a dime with you. I'll stick to Yum Brands.

Customer Rating

Wendy's is supposed to be a fast food restaurant. I work in Greentree, PA and try to go to the Wendy's on Noblestown Road for lunch. Had to leave numerous times due to long long lines due to slow service. I only get a 1/2 hour for lunch and it is impossible to go here. They only have one person running the register during prime lunch hours which is ridiculous. When we question the employees, they always make an excuse that someone called off, etc. but it is not the truth. It is like this all the time during lunch hours. This particular store needs extra help during the peak lunch hours and has to have two registers open. There are constantly people leaving due to the long lines. I would enjoy going here for lunch but the service has made it impossible.

Customer Rating

I went to Wendy's in hogansville ga. Was my first time their. On vacation with my family. The people act like they don't want to make your food. The bun was hard and the meat was dry. I was under the impression that fast food was what that it didn't take 20 mins to get your food. I will never go their again. And hope that soon Wendy's will be somewhat as good as the rest. Hope that this email will let whoever know that when a person pays that much for a sandwich they want it to be fresh and good. The only thing good that we saw was the cashier was very pleasant and apologetic for her coworkers. Many times before I have traveled through Georgia and went to your restaurant once and was so disappointed in the outcome. Hope you get it together soon for business sake.

Customer Rating

While my wife and I were in Shreveport,La. we stopped at the Wendy's at 6710 Pine Road to have lunch. We have always enjoyed the food at Wendy's and we have received good service when we ate at Wendy's until now!!!! The person taking our order was rude and apparenrly preoccupied with other things and we had to repeat our order several times before she finally entered our order. She would start the order then turn and start talking with another person.

They were out of tomatoes, ketchup and napkins just to mention a few things and the restaurant was filthy. The vanila milk shake I ordered was apparently made with sour milk and it had something brown in it. I took one slip and I wanted to vomit. Some serious house cleaning needs to be done at your Wendy's Restaurant on Pine Road in Shreveport, LA.

Customer Rating

My Wife purchased food from Wendy's on 02/14/2013 at 12:05 AM at the 4201 13th street St. Cloud, FL. store. The Coke had no flavor, the bun was stale and the fries where soggy and old. I did call the store my Wife purchased the food at but got no answer so I called the 1-888-624-8140 number. I was told I would hear from someone from Wendy's as soon as possible 24 to 48 hours and to date have not received a call as of yet. I hope to hear from you soon.
Glen F. Terranova

Customer Rating

store number #00003392 Starla Jones general manager. over the last 3 months i have ate here at least 20 times i enjoy wendys food or should say i used to. Every time i order a baconator never paid too much attention to the sandwich, a friend worked there and told me that the GM was telling all the crew that they were only allowed to put 3 strips of bacon on the baconator which is suppose to get 6.... this is disturbing so over the last 3 months and 20 sandwiches later i have been purposely shorted 60 strips of bacon. when i call the phone number to the store to complain 423-562-1601 the number on the recepit no answer called 5 times just ring or busy signal. I hope someone can fix this problem i will not eat at a restaurant that knowingly rips off their loyal customers. someone please contact me about this issue my phone number is 4239122238

2/8/13

This is the second time I've visited Wendy's on Hwy 5 in Woodstock, GA and received awful service. The first time I had to wait for my food for 30 minutes, for fast food ! This time I order an Asiago ranch and chicken club spicy large combo paid $8.43 not even sure if that's the right price. What I got was a chicken sandwich with a hand full of lettuce and mayonnaise with half undone French fries and the other half way over done. Something really needs to be done so this doesn't happen to other people and I won't be eating there again this is ridiculous.

Sorry to inform you,

Austin

Customer Rating

I ate at the Wendy's store #9777 in Magna, UT on the 17th of March, 2013. The girl waiting on me kept coughing into her sleeve while taking my order. My large fries were cold and I ordered replacement which never came.

I told the girl that waited on me that both ketchup tubs were empty and during my 20 mins in the store the tubs were not filled. When I asked for the manager to address the problem with my service, they had to call a person from the back that spoke English to translate.

Trash bins were full and overall condition of seating area was dirty.

Customer Rating

It has been a very long time since I had last been to Wendys. My 4 year old said she was hungry and so was I, so we jumped in the car and went a mile down the road from where we live and decided to go to Wendys since I have been seeing the new commercials on your new chicken sandwiches as well I remember a little while ago you changed your fries.

We got up to the window to place our order and I first ordered a kids meal nugget at which point a very rude sounding girl asked, was that all? I then nicely asked her if that meal comes with a drink? she said in an even ruder tone YES PEPSI Products! I then got short with her and said thats all you have is just soda? and then very cocky sounding began to tell me the other choices.

The Girl clearly had other things on her mind then work that day and she had no problem letting it show. I then ordered my meal and proceded to the window to pay. The 2nd girl I assume she would be called the expiditor handed me the food with this angrey look on her face and not even a pleasent "thank you". Once we parked to eat our food we were greeted with the nice tast of cold soggy fries.

My chicken sandwich that I was so looking forward trying was put together awfull and it as well turned out to be cold and dry. Angry I got out of my car and threw both meals in the trash, we then drove out of the parking lot to your competitor across the street Mc Donalds. I normaly would not take this time but I feel someone who has more of a stake in the establishment would care to know.

The location was Putnam CT. the recipt says 2012-12-30 at 03:09:57 PM My recipt # was 18807463. the end of the number seems to be smugged away.

Customer Rating

I recently went to Wendy on old kings road in palm coast Florida and ordered two #7s, the food was uneatable, I went back with the food the manager Paula didn't apologize she was very nasty and replaced the food while the nice window worker was very nice. I was sent home with burnt food after driving several miles to return the first. If this food was freshly made then they ate using old oil because it was burnt, greasy tasting and so where the French fries and I never experienced such horrible food from any other franchise before.

Companies Like Wendy's