Wells Fargo

Latest Complaint

senait sebhatu
01-16-2015 12:56 am

worse experience in wells fargo today. Her bad attitude , it seems she is a queen. No smile. Leave me alone there with questions, and she went back to her desk...bad bad attitude..not sure why well fargo hire a lady like this... I closed my account today over the phone ..dont want to deal with wells fargo any more

Do you have a problem with Wells Fargo?

Customer Rating

Website

More Wells Fargo Complaints

vickie
01-12-2015 2:50 pm

I have applied so many times with wells fargo and yet they find a way to decline me i personally would not recommend any person of color to bank there, wish i would have known about the discrimination.

04-01-2014 11:00 pm

I deposit funds to my Wells Fargo account and was advised by the bank teller that funds would be avaiable March 15,2013 and complied. On March 18, 2013 Wells Fargo returned check upaid as counterfiet. When I received a check from my employer for $1,823.28 Wells Fargo withdraw all funds.

Requesting forgiveness and requesting reimbursement.

I have emailed the president of Wells Fargo 6 six and will continue until I get reimbursed.

Marleena

04-01-2014 11:00 pm

I went to this branch today at 9:22, thirty minutes later I walked out confused and upset. Normally I am in and out of this branch with in five minutes, Wendi Hernandez was the teller and she was rude, condescending and arrogant. Every month for the past year I have deposited my rent check at this branch. On one occasion I went to a branch near my job and another time I went to a branch in Virginia where I was visiting. The experience was always positive until today. 1. I was not greeted with ” Hello welcome to Wells Fargo” As a matter of fact when I stepped to the window she looked startled and annoyed. I gave her my deposit she looked at me and looked at the check as if were a snake and stated she had to verify the check. I asked her why. She rolled her eyes and said ” It is my right to do so.” Now I understand if it was a personal check, however, it was a cashiers check drawn on the same bank I go to every month. When I told her that I am here every month she said ” well so am I and I don’t remember ever seeing you here” I am certain with the number of clients who pass through the branch everyday that she cannot remember every one she waits on. The manager came over at that point and backed Ms. Hernandez up with her plan. My question to you is this: Why is it okay to be rude to a customer ? Is this what you train your employees to do ? Her remarks about the check possibly being a forgery was insulting and degrading. Please rest assured that I will never return to that branch again to conduct business. Finally when the transaction was finished I asked for a factual reason why it took her so long and why was this done. She stated ” It is my right to do so” This was not a factual reason. And as a customer it is my right to be treated with respect and fairly.

03-30-2014 11:00 pm

I am quite disappointed with your bank. Are you people stupid or what? I went to a branch in FL today trying to deposit $15,000 for my daughter, as I am her power of attorney now & was rejected, she is incarcarcerated at the time being. I have quite a bit of money in my accounts, and if I do not get any answers I will not hesitate to close my accounts & also contact a close friend who has very much invested in this bank and tell him to also close his account. Thanks for nothing.

03-29-2014 11:00 pm

GREELEY, COLORADO

Re: WELLS FARGO BANK
2300 WEST 16TH STREET
GREELEY, COLORADO

On Saturday, March 29, 2014; 11:00 am ; I, Jennifer L. Foster, entered a WELLS FARGO Branch of US Banking locat3ed at 2300 West 16th Street in Greeley, Colorado; 9703782362.

As I was walking fromt he parking lot of the Wells Fargo Bank located at 2300 West 16th Street in Greeley, Colorado; 9703782362; I noticed the patrons on March 29, 2014-Saturday to be of Hispanic origin, all speaking the Spanish language, no children of any age pre-teen, toddler, or infant with mother(s); and all Hispanics with no other race inthe vicinity.

I continued toward the doors of the Wells Fargo Bank located in Greeley, Colorado noticing they were ‘propped’ open, no viable or service-able lights in the business banking lobby except to the right of lobby where the teller area is located and operated by only-Hispanics.

There was no viable breathe-able air distributing itself throughout the building and the lobby was very dark. My observation was the Department of Immigration had provided for illegal activity in this area, or the City of Greeley, perhaps Mayor – Mr. Tom Norton, and definitely businessmen of Greeley, Colorado and the Fraternal Order of Police of Greeley, Colorado.

At 12:20 pm I finally was able to place a physical land line phone communication tothe Greeley, Colorado non-emergency police where a female dispatcher wanted to inquire why it would be unusual for a Bank to ‘prop’ open it’s door(s), leave the lights off, have no circulating air, the clientele to be only Hispanic, with no evidence of any children: [pre-teen, toddler(s), or infant(s)] at a location involved in banking. I disconnected the call while stating the Police of Greeley, Colorado needed to provide for security of the bank by menas of sending a police vehicle over to Wells Fargo Bank 2300 West 16th Street, Greeley, Colorado; 9703782362. ASAP.

In continuation, everyone within the Wells Fargo Business Banking area lobby as a patron or customer [just as the parking lot was Hispanic]. Aloud I asked “if there was any illegal dealing with the Department of Immigration or an illegal activity at all.” My presence in itself was of no significance to these person(s); all Hispanic and Hispanic speaking.

There was an adult Hispanic male guarding the door to the right and a fold up table to the left with idiotic balloons placed to the left of the open doors. The 75 year old Senora Hispanic whom had approached my person was definitely not professional looking and did not have the manner of the General Accounting Principles of Money, Savings, Checking, Funding, etc. of a professional banker and spoke English to my person while evreyone else whom was Hispanic were speaking Spanish. This Senora of 75 years of age asked if I needed any help; I viewed the dark lobby and said “no as I was waiting in the line to receive an exchange of currency.”

I looked around again and determined I would leave the area without any service from this bank. I exited the Wells Fargo Bank at 2300 West 16th Street, Greeley, Colorado; 9703782362 and into the parking lot to find persons, patrons, customers to Wells Fargo dispersed around, all Hispanic, exiting and entering the lobby of the Wells Fargo Bank.

Is there illegal activity in the community of Greeley, Colorado conducted at this Wells Fargo Bank? Is the Department of Immigration allowing Hispanics in the community/illegal aliens; to pick up false identities, issue false bank account(s), distribute illegal monies or extra grant monies – only to the Hispanics of this area of Greeley, Colorado? Will this Wells Fargo Bank be receiving forty billion United States dollars on Tuesday; April 1, 2014 in the area of Greeley, Colorado? Is this legal funds or monies ? Illegal?

JENNIFER L. FOSTER
***

03-29-2014 11:00 pm

I have an account with Wells Fargo ending 1502. I was sick and away to be cared for and returned on 3/29/14. I received in my mail from 3/10 to 3/18 there was a total of $445. withdrawal made for fees eg $23.70 not paid but $70.00 fees was removed from that account. I did not put any monies in the account in that period but you were able to get $445. why was my bills for that amount not paid. I am a 69 yrs old female who lives alone on my pension and SS.

The shock of this action is so grievious and painful I do not know how I would exsist the rest od this month. I am pleaing that my case be review and my funds return to my account. The frequency should have alerted the bank something was wrong and the customer be alerted by phone. Only God knows my situation while I seek employment. Please help. your customer service was not what I expected.

Olga Chichester.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Olga Chichester on 03/30/2014 at IP address 69.35.168.247 using our Consumers complaint form. This opinions contained in this Consummers customer review titled, “Excessive overdraft withdrawal with no notification” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

03-27-2014 11:00 pm

Wells Fargo closed out my credit card because they believed someone was using my card # to make purchases(never saw anything hit my account). So they closed that card # and opened a new card for me transfering the balance over to he new account. The only problem was they did not transfer the payment that I pre-schedule to pay balance. I called the customer service dept. I was first told that it was not her problem. It was the dept that takes care of the eb ite. I spoke to them. They said not their problem. They transfered me back to customer service. After being on the phone for 45 minutes I final talk to a supervisor who told me that they were going to take care of it . Well they didn’t. A couple of days later I called customer service(dis-service) again.

They were lost and did not know how to handle it.. I was assued by the supervisor that I would not be charged any late fees or interest charges on the balance. I then give that person my checking account infor to draw money out of that account and pay the balance that was due, that they lost.

On 3/25/14 I went on line and saw the payment that I authorized and a credit for the late fees, but not for the interest charge. I called customer service again and was told they wll take care of it. Today 3/28/14 I went back on line and no credit was issued. Again I called customer dis-service. the person who took the call could understand what I was talking about. I asked her to read all the notes in my file. She still was in a daze. I preceeded to ask for a supersior who told me that I had to pay the interest charges first and they will give me credit in 2 billing cycles. If i did not pay the interest charge , I would be charged interest on it.
Plus knowing Wells Fargo this late payment, etc will go against my credit rating.

This is crazy. They screwed up not me.
Once this is corrected I will most likely close out my account.

03-25-2014 11:00 pm

State Farm sent me and my wife a check for a new roof two or three weeks ago. Well Fargo is listed on the check to be endorse. I took the check to your branch @ Hwy 138 and 20 in Conyers, Georgia. A woman took me to her desk. I had the necessary paperwork and was only missing a copy of my wife drivers lincense. I ask her that’s all I need and she said, yes. I went to my wife job, got her to print a copy of her drivers lincense. I took a copy of my wife drivers lincense along with the endorse check by me and my wife to the Conyers’ Wells Fargo branch. I waited in their lobby and this time a young male assist me and got the check endorse by his superior with no problem. Today, March 26, I enter the same branch with the final check sent by State Farm that needed to be endorse by me, my wife and Wells Fargo. The same routine as the first check. A women assist me this time. I went to her desk, had all the necessary paperwork learning from my first experience at this same bank. She ask me if I have an account with Wells Fargo. I told her I don’t but my mortgage is with Wells Fargo. She stated that she want be able to endorse this check because my wife needs to be present. I told her that I got the same check endorse here two or three weeks ago. I point at the desk where the individuals sit that explain to me what I needed to do and the person whom handle the transaction. She abruptly got up and walk away with my paperwork. A few minutes later she return. She stated that the check will not be endorse by Wells Fargo because my wife signature was a forgery. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I said, “excuse me”. She said yes, “You forge your wife name on the check”. I became upset from her accusing me of forgery. I respond by saying, “stop being an ass because that is uncalled for”. She stated, “What you say”. I repeated what I said, got up and walk away. At the same time, she start raising her voice in the bank. Another woman came out, I assume is the branch manager stop me. We start talking about the check. She, in front of customers and bank employees stated to me that my wife signature was a fake. That whole episode was unprofessional and embarrassing. While the (Bank manager?), never identified herself, and I was talking the same woman was still being loud and unprofessional. That experience left a bad experience with me in dealing with Well Fargo. I never been in a Well Fargo until this month (March). I was considering bring my accounts over to Wells Fargo since the bank does hold the mortgage to my house and the customer service I receive two or three weeks prior. My experience yesterday of being called a liar, a forgeror and the lack of customer service received put a end to that move. My wife (Sheiree) can verify her signature and that she indeed sign the check. Her number: 404-295-4381. My number: 404- 274-1279.

03-19-2014 11:00 pm

Due to the economic downfall – we lost a substantial amount of income and tried NUMEROUS times to communicate with Wells Fargo for assistance with our house payment. Nothing worked and our payment was decreased around $60 at most. To date, we have been served with a foreclosure and have been struggling to get through a short sale for two years. Our first offer on the house was not high enough for Wells Fargo – so they counter offered for 20,000 more. We now have a 2nd buyer offering EXACTLY what Wells Fargo counter offered. So what is the hold up?? I have no idea.. and neither do they. When calling to speak about the status – they have absolutely no answers..BUT they still have time to harass me about how much I owe. My credit is the lowest I have ever seen and trying to support a family of 5 is very difficult when you cannot purchase anything. Wells Fargo is selfish, uncaring, and unwilling. They screw with people’s lives and futures without a care in the world. They are not willing to help or assist you in any way – and they have the most airheaded, ignorant people working for them (at least the ones who consistently tell me “I don’t know” to every question I ask). You would think they would WANT to settle with a short sale rather than incur all the expenses they will face with a foreclosure (not to mention that the house will not longer be taken care of FOR FREE). This is the crappiest bank and people I have ever had to deal with in my life. I don’t know that anyone from Wells Fargo will actually read this, but if you are, I hope you are sleeping soundly every night with a comfortable roof over your head – because I know you would not dare to think about or consider those who are truly struggling and begging for help.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Jennifer on 03/20/2014 at IP address 199.242.103.126 using our Wells Fargo complaint form. This opinions contained in this Wells Fargo customer review titled, “Mortgage – short sale” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

04-10-2013 11:00 pm

I went to this Wells Fargo Bank that is a nightmare to deal with to begin with requesting to close my safe deposit box..as usual you would have to kill half a day to make any transaction at this branch…After over half an hour waiting and going back and forth, I was referred to a manager who was extremely rude and abnoxious to begin with…She asked me to pay $65.00 instead of $45.00 the cost of the box… Eventually she told me because I have a late fee for $25.00 since I did not pay for the renewal…I told her that I never received any mail and asked what address did they send me a notice to, her response was, ( the address on file) and she refused to even tell me what that was,…I began to lose patience and raised my voice and said that was a rip off, she was very sarcasdtic and disrespectful and got me angrier and angrier with her no responsive answers or ( shut up and wait type of answers)…I just wanted to get out of there, and offered to pay cash to make it quick, she asked me to pay $65.00 , after she receives the $65.00, she would give me back $25.00 which was my deposit for the key…I was angrier and raised my voice saying I could just pay her $40.00 instead, she refused and threatened to get security to escort me out of the bank for raising my voice…I asked how much longer this transaction was going to take since she was taking forever, her response was(I will let you know when I am done). I have never encountered anything like this or anyone as rude and unprofeessional as this woman…I asked for her card , she refused to give it to me until she would finish the entire thing…She claimed to be the bank manager, turned out she was customer service manager…It is beyond me how someone with this attitude that makes a good situation a disaster and has the nerve to threaten to have security escort me out when she is the only one that should be escorted out of this bank for her extremely unproffesional managerial skills and rude attitude.
Eventually the Vise president came, and as soon as she did, Lily seems to have changed her attitude to a normal person….
Tis is the wordst bank I have ever dealt with..I run a business for the last 28 years, and never encountered any one like this or any bank with such horrible customer service as Wells Fargo…
They are a ripp off…I never received anything in the mail, and they refused to even give me the address that the mailing for the renewal notice was sent to…If this is not ripp off , I do not know what is…But I do know this should stop, and wells fargo cannot abuse people this way.

04-08-2013 11:00 pm

My Wife and I were aprroved for a refinance with wells fargo then denied because of reaffirmation document that they failed to have my wife and I sign after we came out of our bankruptcy about 5 yrs ago. We have paid on time every month for the past 5 years, never late and we are actually paid a month ahead
It is not our fault that they failed to do their part. We went to the bankruptcy court and they said that wells fargo did not do what they should have and that they were sent the document stating that we wanted ti reaffirm the house. Now we have to not benefit from a refinance to reduce our interest rate cause of wells fargo
Please. Help.. Mr Houston
Wellsfarfgo acct# 0203118112

04-08-2013 11:00 pm

Sold my home to someone using Wells Fargo Mortgage as their lender. Original loan closing was set for April 4, 2013 at 10am. Was rescheduled to April 8, 2013. Now a closing date is in limbo and cannot get an aswer from the branch manager Nelda Cales as to when closing will be. She had said she would try to find out something and call me back. I have called her four times and she has never returned a phone call yet. She had told me that the problem came in when they implemented a new process last week and this loan was caught up in the new process. I do not appreciate Wells Fargo making their problem my problem. We are going to pass one week after the original closing date with no new date confirmed. Unacceptable and very unprofessional. Would never use them for my own mortgage.

04-07-2013 11:00 pm

I am severly disappointed in the Wells Fargo service. I set up an account in Loveland Co and wanted a basic checking account with savings to manage a one transaction account for rental payments. The initial account represetitive Erin who is no longer employed assured us that the account she set us up with which did not fit our needs would be made to work for our needs after 90 days.

The account required a 25,000 minimum balance which we voiced we could never achieve. She ressured us that after the 90 day period we could keep the account afloat with a 2000 minimum balance. I found in the months after that we were charged a 30 dollar service charge that i did not catch until the last minute. I addressed this issue to the service manager of Wells, Eric who exclaimed what can I do for you while at the meantime took no responsibility for the actions of the past employee, Erin.

I would expect more of this company and would of stayted if only Eric could accomadate my situation. I would not recommend Wells and will make my stand clear to others. You lost a good customer!!!!!!!!!

04-06-2013 11:00 pm

To Whom It May Concern: Back in July 2012, I had setup an automatic payment account with Well Fargo bank to automatically draw out $728.87 each month to pay for our Well Fargo home mortgage loan. Automatic monthly payment process started in July 2012, and you had received the first monthly payment of $728.87 on 7/26/2012.

And you also had received the second monthly of $728.87 on 8/29/2012. But somehow you people mistakenly applied all of the second payment ($728.87) to the principle. I did not notice about this until I received the statement in October 2012. I immediately called and talked to one of your representatives to correct this mistake. This was obviously your fault! Your representative did acknowledge that was Wells Fargo’s mistake!

Now the problem is that the “pass due” statement still showing on our credit report. We need you to delete the “pass due” statement and SEND US A LETTER, WITH YOUR LETTER HEAD,SAYING THAT YOU WILL DELETE THIS “PASS DUE” STATEMENT FROM THE CREDIT REPORT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (OK WITHIN A WEEK).

We opened an account with Wells Fargo with the hope that it would provide more efficient and friendlier services to us. But this bad experience we had with Wells Fargo certainly pointing it to the other direction!

we’re thinking about to close all account in your bank and maybe transfer the loan to another bank right now! Your customer service is so bad,very very very poon!

04-02-2013 11:00 pm

I am unemployed and 37 late with a payment. As the previous woman Said they are rude and nasty. By LAW if you are 90 days late yes they can repo ur car. My unemoyment check we t in late n it was returned to Wells Fargo.

I got a call today and explanined prior i lost my job and doing my best. They dont care and want me to go to the back to western union them the money. Wait let me pick it off the tree in my yard. I also asked to change the date, give me an extension any ask for help!

Nope they want their money tomorrow or else. Wells fargo is absolutley The worst auto fianance compnay out there. Any suggestion when i Have no money even for food! Someone please help an email Me if I am correct this is a scare therory they use and how late Can you be before they try to repo hour car you need to go find A job to pay your bills n to get caught back up?

All the other creditors Are so much more helpful and have a heart. Not Wells Fargo Dealer Service. Please some one emAil me with how late u have can be before Repo n can they threaten you? Thank you

04-02-2013 11:00 pm

I just spent over two hours going back and forth trying to cash a 7,000 dollar check I wanted to deposit 2,000 and keep 5,000….. wells Fargo at basline and lake shore, refused to cash it!!!! It’s a check from Chase, wrote out to me… so they send me to chase.

And say they have no way of telling if the money is their…ok so off I go, now I don’t have an account at Chase, so they give me a cashier’s check and Karin at Chase gave me her business card, so wells Fargo could call her, so she could tell them the money was their… so I go through the drive through they tell me it’s too much for the drive through??? and to go around to the bank I’m like ok so I go in they leave me sitting I don’t know about 10- 15 minutes and say they can’t cash a money order..

That Chase said was good as gold…and not just that this is my second trip here and they told me to go around to tell me they can’t cash it? …Hell can’t they tell me at the drive through they can’t cash a MONEY ORDER? so GI GI is the bank manager I guess? refuses, to cash it, I have been with this bank since 1998 going on 15 years and she refuses saying my account won’t cover it???

*THIS IS A MONEY ORDER from chase with a guarantee from chase saying it is good, they gave her a card to call them to verify* … so I said that! and she refuses, I said this is not from my account!!! this is a chase money order!!! from chase!!! not my bank account!!!

she refuses…and says her manager said “no”..OK im like what do I do? this is my bank for 15 years I have lived in the same place for 13 years I have a money order that is guaranteed from chase to have the money “THEY WANT YOU TO CALL THEM I HAVE KAREN FROM CHASE WANTING YOU TO CALL! YOU ARE MY BANK…WHAT DO I DO?? so they send me packing.

Chase took the cashier’s check cashed it and opened an account for me, no problem tomorrow I will be going down to close my account after 15 years there and you know what I have to change my account around for my gym but after spending from 2:00 to 5 30 cashing one check it’s worth it.. I do have to say Gi Gi was polite but not helpful to my needs so I will shut it down.

04-01-2013 11:00 pm

My complaint “supposedly” has a ref.# of 83304101.my last telephone conversation was with Mr. Chet Dui in the credit card executive office(of all places) .I want to know if I am going to have to get my attorney to write a letter to Wells Fargo,in order to,get in writing,that they are unable or unwilling to send me my titles, or pay my expenses to
obtain them myself.

I have made them,consisting of Ms.Elealna in the collateral dept.; Ms. Barbara Dickenson head of the collateral dept.,Mr. Dion Vargas,another “BOSS” I was passed off to;and lastly Mr.Chet Dui. All I have asked each of them is for a letter stating that Wells Fargo will reimburse me for the cost of the titles,and the expense of getting to and from the DMV.

I am disabled(they are aware),I live rurally(they are aware) and I would have to pay for gas and a driver approx. 80 to 95 miles to do this myself, not including my time,which I believe is as valuable as any of theirs. I do not feel I am being unreasonable in my request for acknowledgement of their mistakes.

I only want what is fair and reasonable, to a FORMER client,that did not mind accepting at LEAST $40,0000.00 of MY money. I have been on this mission since November of 2012. I will continue, if I have to get my attorney involved,I will.

Todays date is April 1,2013.I can be reached by phone or e-mail. I expect a response by the end of this week. Thank-you

04-01-2013 11:00 pm

I had a money market acc .withover $20,000 that I used for overdraft protection with my crown classic checking acc, I had to many withdrawls so wells fargo sent me a letter saying they were changing my money market acc. to a value checking acc. so i went to my branch on princess anne rd. in va.beach .

The lady at the desk told that nothing was different that was still a money market acc. and i did not have to do anything .expecting i still had overdratf protection.this was four weeks ago .

I recieved a letter last friday stating i was over drawn and and had $280 dollars in over draft fees . I went bank to my branch again. this time it was a over weight fat lady at the desk on a private phone call while i was sitting there for at least ten min. she saw me because i was sitting right in front of her . finnally she got off the phone after i she knew i was watching her the whole time .

she said there was know over draft protection on a value checking acc. and that they changed my o.d.p. to my line of credit .(with out notifying me) I had it paid down to$ 5000.00 Now i find out i owe $9400.00 I had her close the value checking acc. and put my money in my crown classic acc. When i ask about the fee’s she said they didn’t take them off my acc. there any more . and that i had to call the billing dept.

I stood up and told her that i was done with wells fargo and she said don’t forget your key’s that were lying on her desk. so i called the billing Dept. and she said she could only take off a portion ($120.00) sense i needed proof that i was told this information . I am not exaggerating about any of what i have said. If this is the way wells fargo does business this country is in a world of trouble .needless to say i will be closing all of my account’s .

04-01-2013 11:00 pm

I paid my loan off in February. I was told that my title was mailed out to me and after a month I did not receive my title so I called in and was told that my title was returned to Wells Fargo because the USPS said that the address was not a deliverable address.

I have been at the address that was on file for almost three years. I have been receiving statements to the address that was on file for almost three years. The only thing I can figure is that whoever the individual was that mailed out my title must have got the numbers of my address wrong.

Could someone with a little bit of brains look into this and put the address down right and send my title to me????

12-27-2012 11:00 pm

I have never had to make so many complaints against a bank in 15 years. I have had multiple banks, never owed them anything, yet I was forced to open what they called a opportunity acct. This type of acct has never in 15 years of banking in Texas, never been presented to me as the only type of acct I can open. I never received a reason for this. Now, my husband is terminal and I have been in the hospital with him since xmas without much sleep and hardly any food for me. I get a $12 check in the mail and they refuse to cash it because of my acct type even though I need gas to get back to the hospital. Its sad that in todays technological advances someone cant pick up a phone and verify a $12 check. Especially when their info pulled is erroneous and I am in the process of getting the proof to prove it.

Companies Like Wells Fargo