Customer Satisfaction Results

Wells Fargo

Complaint Department

Filed by Leo Bukowski on Jan 27, 2015
Consumer Rating

First, a little background, I’m retired USAF Disabled Combat Veteran, after 20 years of service, I understand checklists. My wife has over 40 years of USAF Federal Service, she understands a checklist. Your checklist should be inclusive of the documents needed to accomplish the loan. Your underwriters should not be assuming or looking for ways to deny our loan. My loan was denied because your office was in three states and two time zones. It was further complicated by one office not fully cooperating or communicating within your organization. I suggested conference calls; however, my recommendation was never acknowledged. At least weekly, another document was asked for, which was already in the banks possession in one of the states. However, some documents like a birth certificate or passport was truly none of Wells Fargo business. Your underwriter used return read receipt on email; it displays a lack of trust, if I want a loan, I’m going to respond expeditious on each request, as we did. When a customer asks for a document, it should be furnished especially if the customer pays for it. Always an adversary, it took several calls and email to obtain a copy of our home’s appraisal. If underwriting requires secure email to protect me and slow the process, it is my issue and my risk. Underwriting doesn’t realize who the customer is; I pursued a supervisor phone and got a telephone number he never answered. I asked for a fast track and got the slow train. The loan process had an overshadowing, it was apparent Wells Fargo wanted the loan to fail. My wife Terry had to give an ultimatum to the underwriter a week before the closing date since the underwriter could not make up their minds on the loan. However this was not enough time to find another bank. It was apparent; the loan was delayed and the seller rightfully took $1,000.00 of earnest money for missing a closing date. Yes, the closing date was based on the advice of my realtor and the lender. Your representative, Jamie Huebner advised it was probably not enough time; in hind sight I wish Jamie would have been more assertive. I don’t understand why the conventional loan and the home equity loan were processed at the same rate. My FICO at the time was over 800 and my wife’s over 740. Wells Fargo held the original loan for the home equity. We have been a customer for over twenty years. Our income to debt was not an issue; however, it wasn’t an open and shut loan. My loan should have less than 4% or even 5%, not the amount you charged! I know I was promised a great interest rate and it wasn’t. I know I was promised 1/8th % for automatic withdrawal and it wasn’t written anywhere. When the home equity loan documents were signed the appraisal value was $20,000.00 less than of the official documented appraisal, which lowered the amount of the equity which could be withdrawn. While in a Wells Fargo loan officer’s office I called the underwriting department about the omissions, they had the audacity to ask me my “full name and date of birth” over the telephone in a Wells Fargo office! If your voice mail says “If I don’t get back to you today, I call by noon tomorrow.” When a call is not returned, the customer should be angry.

26 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Wells Fargo?

Compare Wells Fargo to Similar Banks more...

Wells Fargo Customer Feedback Trending Now

126 Wells Fargo consumers have created complaints against Wells Fargo to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Wells Fargo complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Wells Fargo corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

Wells Fargo charging customer for copies of checks. (check 21) this charging started on my accounts several months ago. Bank stop sending copies with monthly statement. When local bank (granada hills branch) was asked about this (surcharge for including this in statement now applies) $1.00 per month or per check - bank did not make this clear.
This just show how little corporations care about costumer service. I have had over a 20 year banking relationship with wells fargo. I would like justification -under check 21 law - California, how wells fargo can legally charge these fees. I will consider moving my funds to another bank, I also have maintained a balance of over twenty thousand dollars in your bank. (small amount - I know) I would rate this bank with an F- , if there was a lower score - wells fargo would get that from me.

Consumer Rating

I am not happy with this company. Everytime I need help, the people have an attitude. I was going to make a fraud complaint and the person was horrible. I at the point of going some where else.

Consumer Rating

I apply for my home improvement like home equity line of credit I hv two beautiful kids and my wife we live in one three bad room home 2008 I brought this house around 225000.00 now home value proximately 396000.00 i apply to long beach city to build a another three bad room top on home they approve me I have 14000.00 credit card bill house payment 1325.00 me and my wife we make almost 8000.00 month please just tell me y they declined me I'm Indian that's why or what and y they play game with me please if I tell u guys wrong call me my cell, thanks I'm nice person before I though Wells Fargo is good bank but now I know Wells Fargo bank not a helpful bank or they Don't know how to keep good customer or respect sorry to say that.

Consumer Rating

I was told that every time a customer was referred to Wells Fargo and they open an account with them, the person whom referred them would get a Visa gift card. Since I had referred them a new customer and they opened an account, now they are not giving out no such thing. I am very upset over this matter.

Consumer Rating

What I am complaining about is that I have been buying a van financed by Wells Fargo for a number of years. I did get behind on a payment or two but was able to catch up my payments quickly. Talking first to Brenda Hess, the only one that could represent Wells Fargo in this matter. I counted down the payments until today when we called to verify this as the last payment. We couldn't talk to Mrs. Hess as she wasn't in so we spoke to DeAnn (the name she gave), and she verified that this was the last actual payment, but that we still owed a small late fee for the payment that we were delinquent on. This I had NO problem with. We made the payment as usual at the Bartlett TN. Branch and had it posted immediately.

When we returned, knowing that this may have not as yet reached your system since we were informed that after a payment post, it takes 3 to 5 days to get on your system, we called anyway being excited at the prospect of getting this paid off. However, now, one person says the we have 3 more payments, another says that they don't know, and this just keeps going back and forth. We then contacted the auto loan manager but he responded that he had no way of finding out anything. So he passed the buck and gave us the phone number right back to where we started.

I am getting the run around and for this I PROMISE that I will not use Wells Fargo ever again, and I will use every essence of my being to deter anyone from living this nightmare of incompetence as I have. My grievance is not with a particular person, but to all of the incompetent people that I have had to deal with in this matter. I would appreciate it if someone that DOES NOW SOMETHING would contact me or my wife Sandy Jones and give us a straight answer ... What do we owe and how doe we do this??? I guess I'll never know...

Consumer Rating

My name is Keith D Dawson. On March 14 2015, I visited the Wells Fargo branch at Southgate Mall Elizabethcity N.C 27909. My purpose was to take advantage of 0%APR credit card. I told the banker Cindy Walker that I already have one of their cards. That I did not want to carry another card. That I was able to payoff original card. So I wanted to know the best way to go about applying for a new card. Do I just apply? Or do I pay off card first? Cindy applied for her words the top of the line card. I was approved but for a much lower credit limit. Later the next week, Cindy called me. She said that if I payoff the original card they would be able to transfer my credit limit from the original card to the new card. I do not know who she talked to.

March 21 2015, I returned to the branch. Talked to Cade Turner about paying off original card. He called someone in that dept. I was advised on the phone by that person (name not known) to pay off and CLOSE original card. Then they could transfer my credit limit to the new card. I did this over the phone at that time. I was then told that they did transfer and combine my credit limit to the new card. Then I was told the 0% apr does not apply because of the card I had at the time. I applied for the new card not only that but my interest rate is HIGHER than the original card.

March 28 2015, I returned to the branch. I talked to Jermaine Dillard about my problem. He called that dept. and was told their was nothing that could be done because of the original card. He made notes and told me he would put them on Tonya Schmitt desk the store manager so she could get involved in it.

April 3 2015, I returned to the branch. I talked with Tammy Spruill. She called the dept. that handles this and again was told nothing could be done . Tammy sent a email about my problem, including my contact info. I did not receive a call back from her the next week. Sometime during that week, I was on the well fargo web site and noticed all my rewards points gone.

April 11 2015 I returned to the branch. This time I spoke with both Tonya and Cindy. Tonya said she would make a call to expadite affix to the problem. Then told Cindy what she had to do on her end.

April 17 2015 I returned to branch. Cindy tells me that the only thing that can be done is to reverse everything that has been done. They will reopen the original account at original credit limit and interest rate and restore rewards points. I did none of this on my own. All was done at the bank's advice.

So, in a attempt to get 0%apr credit card. I get the top of line card not at 0% but higher rate than I had before and loss of rewards points. The bank's fix: reverse everything like nothing ever happened. This is a bank error not mine. I thought the goal of this bank was my financial success. How is this helping me to succeed financially? If you can not help me please give me contact info of some one who can. All I want is the 0%apr lower interest rate my points restored

Consumer Rating

I was trying to use on line banking and was denied access due to my reporting fraudulent activity previously. In or to gain access, I was asked a series of questions that I never was asked by the bank, including what state was my social security card issued in. I gave an incorrect answer by using the state my card was issued in rather than the state my mother used to enroll me in Social Security and realized I never gave that info out. My father, who is 82, had the same thing happen except his answer was correct, and the fraud employee refused to recognize that even when my dad insisted. The question is where does the info come from and why is the account owner not asked to verify the info? Lastly, why does the fraud department not ask these questions when the account is applied for and insist on using info that is either incorrect or unknown to the user.

Consumer Rating

I have applied for secured credit card which means that it is my own money that the bank is taking, I was contacted by the bank to apply for it despite the fact that I mailed my application, I was told that this will take five minutes and ended up being half an hour on the phone. Than I was notified that I need to go to any Wells Fargo branch to submit my SS card which I did. Now I received a letter in the mail from Wells Fargo asking me to mail a copy of my SS card !!!!! (Great secure method).

I called the number stated on the letter, and a guy called Chris answered my call. The guy was so rude, he would not listen to what I was trying to tell him and kept on talking over me, ( great customer service NOT!). Now Chris wants me to go back to Wells Fargo branch to submit another id ..... I would like to remind Wells Fargo that secured credit card will be using my own money and the bank's money and for that I have to keep going forward and backward to the bank.

When I asked to speak to a manager, Chris respond was " there no manager to speak to you" I find it very difficult to believe that a bank have no manager to talk to clients !!!!!! At this point I told Chris to cancel the application and his resonate was " ok than". This was my first experience with Wells Fargo and I am surprised that customer staff can get away with such behavior. I will expect to be called by a senior member like a manager if Wells Fargo got any, to explain why customers get treated in such a bad manner and what will be done about it.

Consumer Rating

Leah Richardson, your agent at your Wells Fargo office in Warner Robins Ga., made an application for a refi of our current Wells Fargo Mortgage on Feb 26th of this year. We immediately began to get huge volumes of documents in the mail, many of them duplicates and very confusing sometimes conflicting. Every time we wanted a status or update or to ask a question about all the documents we had to call Ms. Richardson. At no time did she EVER call us to inform us of status, progress or issues. We were unsuccessful in our refi which Ms Richardson blamed on the underwriters and her own company. Ms. Richardson seemed distracted or disinterested, overwhelmed and frequently dismissive and just plain strung out every time we called. On one occasion she advised we were to ignore requests for more information by the underwriters..irritatingly stating she had already sent it to them. We are out our $450. appraisal fee paid to Wells Fargo and that appraisal came in much lower than expected. Frankly we felt exploited.The entire process was absolutely fragmented from start to finish. We were so disappointed in your abysmal service.

Consumer Rating

Wells Fargo Made me accept a Bank Cashiers check in lieu of straight cash, the amt was 20, 000.00. The Check was acidently thrown away, as the Reciept looked exactly like a check and was on top. In small print it said customers copy. AXX Backwards to start with, and they prob have made a lot of money by making this easy to mix up. I went to the Bank and ask Wells fargo to place a stop payment on the cashiers check and re-issue me a replacement.

First Wells fargo said no problem, we can do it immediatly for .02 percent fee. Then after 2 hours of paper work and waits, that changed to a 2 percent fee 400.00. I was PO about this out landish fee, and Wells fargo inisted they get this fee up front. I paid it, and they said I would have a replacement check in a couple days. A day later they called and said they were refunding my 400.00 and I would have to wait 90 days to get my money back.

Wells fargo then refused to put anything in writing, or provide me a copy of the cashiers check. I filed on line complaints with the Federal reserve. After that Wells fargo Fraud dept has shut off my ATM Cards on a dailey basis, they leave only one on. Of course its the one that does not have any funds in that account. So I am forced to use a card with no funds and get whacked over and over again with 35.00 over draft fees. I called Wells fargo and complained and ask that these over draft charges be removed, as they were making me use a accout with no funds. They refused becuase I filed complaints with the FEDS. Is there anyone out there who will assist, I want to file a class action law suit. This has to be a clear violation of the RICO LAW

Consumer Rating

On March 23rd 2015 , I deposited two checks into my bank not knowing that my bank not Wells Fargo had put a two day hold on the larger check. I deposited a check into my sons well Fargo account that day for 1,900 so he could get an apartment. The check did not clear because of my banks hold and Wells Fargo put a hard hold on my sons account. My check cleared on the 27th when Wells Fargo re deposited the check and the 1,900 has disappeared. Wells Fargo states it did not clear my bank had to send several faxes for 2 weeks saying the money was removed by Wells Fargo.

I have been on the phone with them every day requesting my money back since they refused to acknowledge to my son that they had the money. Yesterday my son account was closed because it was not beneficial to Wells Fargo to have him as a customer. Now they acknowledge they have the money however he has been told he has racked up insufficient fees for the last 3 weeks even though all along they have my money and after the fees are taken out they will mail him the check which he will receive in 7 to 10 days. I went back to bank demanding my money stating my son has been homeless in a different state all because they will not release the money, they could have cared less stating there's nothing they can do. To date no check . How can a financial institution steal people hard working money and not be standing before a judge for fraud.

Consumer Rating

Flooding in my home occurred on February 16, My insurance company settled my claim. Sent me the check along with Wells Fargo's named on the check. Went to a branch near my work to get them to endorse it. I was informed there was a check list I must provide before any money was to be released. I submitted all documents they had sent, each day I call to get the status of my claim, there seem to always be one more thing they need, whether it be a signature missing from contractor on the estimate of their work, even though their signature is already on waiver of lien and W-9.

The affidavit and release clearly says that it needed to be notarized, one of the representatives I spoke with, said none of the paper I submit need not be notarized. But of course I needed to get that notarized. Clear air test clearance, called my insurance company, they said in the state of California it was not required, unless it was mold or fire that cause the damage to my home. Now they want the proof (receipt) that the company who did the asbestos abatement was paid. My insurance company paid them, I have no reason to have such a receipt. So now I wait for them to send it to me, so I can submit it.

Each time I have called, they are wanting documents I have already submitted, that was not showing on their computer even though it was clearly posted on my to do check list as approved, of which I have checked on line the night before. There have even been instances that they couldn't pull out my account to find my papers I submitted. I got to speak with a representative, that was helpful, she told me that she was going to review all the documents I submitted and that she would get back to me. 3 days have passed, no phone call. So I tried to reach out to her , I was told they didn't know who she was.

I am going on my 8th weeks without the use of my home. Besides all the money I have spent on faxing, express mail, and notary, I had to rent the pod to store my furniture in for another month. Not to mention the contractors demanding to be paid. I already had one of your inspectors come out to my house once to show that work is being done to my house. Your company just keep on knit picking, as to delay release of money needed to complete my home.

Consumer Rating

I have tried to help my mother, who has lost her husband, get her mortgage straight. Well, letter after letter and fax after fax guess what? She is still having trouble because your staff says they are here to help her. She's even on mortgage assistance with your company and every document from death certificate to her s.security and all other info has been faxed a total of 3-5 times. For a company who says they are here to help someone avoid foreclosure, you suck! Lets talk about the “foreclosure”. We have mailed and faxed every paper you sent x’s 3 and even with Shirley Gute was assured that my mom would be on a trial mortgage period. Well guess what? Your employee did not abide by the agreement! She was supposed to deduct the payment 700.00 on the day my mothers s.security went in the bank. Guess what? It wasn't done! But when I called, I was assured that it was ok and was taken care of but that was a lie ! So somewhere a payment of 700.00 is floating around. Did ur employee take it ?

Second month same thing! So we sent a check and it was cashed. 3rd month same, sent another check it was cashed . Oh I almost forgot it says that in order to foreclose, my mom was going to be notified. That was also a lie! You were going to auction it off and sell without her knowledge. Is this how you got your company started? Based on lies sure seems like it. And also in my state this isn’t legal ! I’m not a very educated person but the wonderful world of the web has taught me a lot about what this company does and all the dissatisfied customers you have . Now another letter has come in the mail not saying its a forclosure but we can get help to avoid it. Well I kinda thought we were ok. Thats what the people that work for you are saying to us anyway! I think you will do anything to lie to someone who’s trying. Hey! I’m sorry my step father died and left no life insurance help with after death expense. Sorry it was such an inconvenience to you as well. Where are my manners? Now it also has her as Hud risk so what are you actually doing to help anyone but yourselves! Where is the actual help for your customers that you promise to your customers ? Why would your representative make a deal and not abide by it?

Consumer Rating

I have been a loyal WellsFargo Customer for over 17 Years. I've trusted WellsFargo with all my and my families banking needs. Recently, I had received numerous offers such as, new Vehicle financing and refinancing, Home Mortgage refinancing and a Personal Loan. After being solicited for these services EVERY TIME I contacted the bank for normal banking issues, I finally decided after being offered again and again to apply for a Personal Loan to consolidate ALL my higher interest credit card debt. I applied for the loan on 4/9/15 and was Conditionally Approved needing some additional verification which I immediately supplied.

But you can never speak to the same person twice! I spoken with several Loan Officers and one Department Manger throughout the country during this process and they all seen nothing wrong with my application or credit report. The Credit Department or underwriters requested proof of income, so I immediately provided my W-2s, my pay stubs and my USMC Retirement Pay Statement. After 4 days and numerous calls and 10 different people, I was informed this morning by email that they were unable to approve my loan at this time, after conditionally approving it on Thursday. Now I understand I'm just one person in a long line of people applying for a loan however, I am extremely displeased with WellsFargo especially having been solicited by mail, email and on the phone about being Pre-approved for numerous offers from WellsFargo because of my Great Credit. As stated I have trusted WellsFargo with my Banking Needs, I Trusted WellsFargo twice when purchasing my Vehicles, homes and didn't even shop around. I have also advised my son, daughter and friends to trust WellsFargo to handle their Banking needs however, that's because I've never actually considered a personal loan until now.

I pay my bills on time, I have now nor ever had a problem paying my bills. However, what I do have a problem with is being solicited over and over again on the different programs WellsFargo had to offer me, because I was in their own opinion a valued and trusted customer. I wish someone from the corporate office would look into the practices and issue employed by their incompetent underwriting department and please tell me why I, my family or friends should continue trusting WellsFargo with our future finical needs. Because once you attempt to use the offers your supposedly pre-qualified for, they to inform you after dragging you around for 4 days that they're temporally unable to approve your loan.

In closing, I have been a loyal WellsFargo Customer for over 17 years and a 31 year retired United States Marine Corps veteran who understands what serving his Country and Community means. Disapprovals without prior communication appears common practice with WellsFargo. I honestly believe the underwriters should speak directly with the applicant before making an ill informed decision because they're to busy not doing their job. On a Great note, my other bank USAA has approved my loan within 30 second without the hassle and deception even with a much lower rate and the same amount without giving me the run around. This I am positive of, no one from wellsfargo will have the fortitude to reply to this email and if by chance they may simple respond to this and I'll respond to them.

Consumer Rating

On a Saturday, I go to a shop and my debit card was declined. I had sufficient funds available and contacted Wells Fargo banker immediately. I was told there was a maintenance issue something about two servers of some sort being "down" and it appears to have affected random customers.
Never have I heard of this happening in over 10 years of being a customer. I had my doubts this was really the case. Especially since the cashier at the store said, they always have transaction problems related with Wells Fargo card holders. But that was the story the banker was sticking to. He said the problem could carry over into the next evening. I decided to go to another shop and use my debit card-it worked fine! Clearly, the bankers are trained to recite standard BS to it's customers just to buy time or because they are not equipped to help. After shopping, I later get a fraud alert phone call from Wells Fargo?? Doesn't make any sense. Especially, since I was already in touch with them earlier about my issue. Two days later, try to make an online charge-transaction declined again! What is really going on? Getting the impression Wells Fargo is not forthcoming with it's customers. This ongoing/random inconvenience is a disservice to a long time customer.

Consumer Rating

I made a withdrawal for $940.00,on 04/03/15, the teller had not scanned the money,through the money machine.She counted out (nine- 100 $ bills,and (two- twenty $ bills, knowing that (one-100$ note, was already marked,with a pen marking,which it automatically. Should have raised a "red flag" after all we as customers put our trust in the bank, it should not have been given out at all ".i thought it was marked as a good note" so i went to make an ATM deposit at BofA just down the street, the Atm accepted all (eight-100$notes,but one.i then went inside the branch,to a teller to finish my deposit,the teller scanned it, and said that it was a "counterfeit" note,so we have to keep it and fill out a report ,and send it to the "Secret Service" leaving me out of a "hundred $ dollars,which came out of my direct deposit from Social Security. I then waited for the receipt to be faxed back from the Secret Service as proof that the receipt stated "Counterfeit" , in hoping to be reimbursed by wells fargo,but was told that one you "leave the premises. We cannot do anything about it, myself having psychological. Issues in understanding what is happening,i feel that as a loyal wells fargo customer, that i have been taken advantage of.I really hope that this does not continue to happen to other customers.i would like to be reimbursed.

Consumer Rating

I went to the Dana Point, CA branch on Golden Lantern St. on April 1, 2015. Previously, I went to the branch office in Laguna Niguel and needed to present my husband's death certificate on 3 different dates. The last visit at the Laguna Niguel branch, included eliminating my husband's name from the account. About a week later, I found I could not access online banking. The reason I went to the Dana Point branch was to find more competent service. I encountered Richard Toscano, Assistant Manager with my problem. The problem was that my deceased husband and I were sharing the same profile for online banking. The information Mr. Toscano provided was accurate, however, his manner was unsympathetic, defensive and dismissive. He would benefit from some education in people skills. I don't believe I am the first client with a death of a spouse and a similar problem. I also believe there is a way to discuss the joint account and profiles without breaching confidentiality as Mr. Toscano implied. I was unprepared to discover I was blocked out of online banking. My suggestion is to provide a detailed explanation of the implications of removing a name from an account. As a result of this encounter, I am considering closing my account with Wells Fargo bank.

Consumer Rating

Problem with my secured card. Out of town trying to use my card. Money in account continue to be told that a hold is on the account. Withdrawal from my account on April 02,2015, still can't use my card. There were so many different stories that I was told. Will not refer anyone to this bank.

Consumer Rating

I am having a very difficult time getting help with my mortgage payments. I have been declined based on my affordability but I would not be asking for help if I did not need the help. I can't afford my payments and I have been fighting with Wells Fargo for almost 6 months. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE MY HOUSE TO FORECLOSURE. We have left several messages for our single point of contact and she does NOT call back

Consumer Rating

Your branch at 1681 West Fm 646 in League City Texas is without doubt the most user unfriendly bank I've ever visited. Today I went to cash one of my company checks made out to a laborer of mine which he endorsed and I also endorsed and your bank manager refused to cash it. A procedure I've done at that very bank many times in the past. Mind you now, this is a check drawn on my company account and endorsed by me and I provide adequate ID. That bank manager (642795) would be better placed in a Walmart store. Fortunately for you, your bank across the highway employs individuals with a good amount of common sense and although in-convenient for me, I was able to conduct business there. That branch would be better closed.

Contact the Wells Fargo Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Wells Fargo. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 420 Montgomery Street
    • San Francisco
    • CA 94104
  • I want to call the Wells Fargo customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

866-878-5865
  • I need to visit the Wells Fargo company website. What is their website address?