Customer Satisfaction Results

Wells Fargo

Complaint Department

Posted by Leo Bukowski on Jan 27, 2015
Customer Rating

First, a little background, I’m retired USAF Disabled Combat Veteran, after 20 years of service, I understand checklists. My wife has over 40 years of USAF Federal Service, she understands a checklist. Your checklist should be inclusive of the documents needed to accomplish the loan. Your underwriters should not be assuming or looking for ways to deny our loan. My loan was denied because your office was in three states and two time zones. It was further complicated by one office not fully cooperating or communicating within your organization. I suggested conference calls; however, my recommendation was never acknowledged. At least weekly, another document was asked for, which was already in the banks possession in one of the states. However, some documents like a birth certificate or passport was truly none of Wells Fargo business.

Your underwriter used return read receipt on email; it displays a lack of trust, if I want a loan, I’m going to respond expeditious on each request, as we did. When a customer asks for a document, it should be furnished especially if the customer pays for it. Always an adversary, it took several calls and email to obtain a copy of our home’s appraisal. If underwriting requires secure email to protect me and slow the process, it is my issue and my risk. Underwriting doesn’t realize who the customer is; I pursued a supervisor phone and got a telephone number he never answered. I asked for a fast track and got the slow train. The loan process had an overshadowing, it was apparent Wells Fargo wanted the loan to fail. My wife Terry had to give an ultimatum to the underwriter a week before the closing date since the underwriter could not make up their minds on the loan. However this was not enough time to find another bank. It was apparent; the loan was delayed and the seller rightfully took $1,000.00 of earnest money for missing a closing date. Yes, the closing date was based on the advice of my realtor and the lender. Your representative, Jamie Huebner advised it was probably not enough time; in hind sight I wish Jamie would have been more assertive.

I don’t understand why the conventional loan and the home equity loan were processed at the same rate. My FICO at the time was over 800 and my wife’s over 740. Wells Fargo held the original loan for the home equity. We have been a customer for over twenty years. Our income to debt was not an issue; however, it wasn’t an open and shut loan. My loan should have less than 4% or even 5%, not the amount you charged! I know I was promised a great interest rate and it wasn’t. I know I was promised 1/8th % for automatic withdrawal and it wasn’t written anywhere. When the home equity loan documents were signed the appraisal value was $20,000.00 less than of the official documented appraisal, which lowered the amount of the equity which could be withdrawn. While in a Wells Fargo loan officer’s office I called the underwriting department about the omissions, they had the audacity to ask me my “full name and date of birth” over the telephone in a Wells Fargo office! If your voice mail says “If I don’t get back to you today, I call by noon tomorrow.” When a call is not returned, the customer should be angry.

21 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Wells Fargo provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Wells Fargo?

Compare Wells Fargo to Similar Banks more...

More Wells Fargo Complaints

Customer Rating

worse experience in wells fargo today. Her bad attitude , it seems she is a queen. No smile. Leave me alone there with questions, and she went back to her desk...bad bad attitude..not sure why well fargo hire a lady like this... I closed my account today over the phone ..dont want to deal with wells fargo any more

8 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Wells Fargo closed out my credit card because they believed someone was using my card # to make purchases(never saw anything hit my account). So they closed that card # and opened a new card for me transfering the balance over to he new account. The only problem was they did not transfer the payment that I pre-schedule to pay balance. I called the customer service dept. I was first told that it was not her problem. It was the dept that takes care of the eb ite. I spoke to them. They said not their problem. They transfered me back to customer service. After being on the phone for 45 minutes I final talk to a supervisor who told me that they were going to take care of it . Well they didn’t. A couple of days later I called customer service(dis-service) again.

They were lost and did not know how to handle it.. I was assued by the supervisor that I would not be charged any late fees or interest charges on the balance. I then give that person my checking account infor to draw money out of that account and pay the balance that was due, that they lost.

On 3/25/14 I went on line and saw the payment that I authorized and a credit for the late fees, but not for the interest charge. I called customer service again and was told they wll take care of it. Today 3/28/14 I went back on line and no credit was issued. Again I called customer dis-service. the person who took the call could understand what I was talking about. I asked her to read all the notes in my file. She still was in a daze. I preceeded to ask for a supersior who told me that I had to pay the interest charges first and they will give me credit in 2 billing cycles. If i did not pay the interest charge , I would be charged interest on it.
Plus knowing Wells Fargo this late payment, etc will go against my credit rating.

This is crazy. They screwed up not me.
Once this is corrected I will most likely close out my account.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

On 9/12/11, I deposited a $20,000 check written on a local bank from a prestiguous law firm. I told the Wells Fargo manager that I needed the monies for a funeral and that since the bank was local, the check should only be held for a day or two. The bank manager had the teller stamp and write all over the check and printed out a receipt that said they would make $5,000 available on the 15th and the balance on 9/22/11. I asked the teller why she wrote all over the check when I said no I did not agree to a hold and she said the manager told her to. Customer service said the check cleared on the 13th. I went into the Wells Fargo bank on the 16th and asked that the hold be taken off.

The manager refused. I called customer service and the Executive branch and was told the branch managers have the discretion of holding any check. I replied that I knew the check cleared on the 13th and what was the grounds to hold the check further. They said because the manager can; which means that Wells Fargo manager, of the Torrance & Figueroa branch just wanted to stick it to me in a time of need.

I scolded the teller for not telling me they were insisting on a long hold especially when I was at my lowest trying to bury my dad. The executive branch, supported her action wholeheartedly. Wells Fargo stinks, it just stinks. My dad's funeral had to be held on the 22nd due to mortuary/church restraints and I had to beg to get the mortuary to take care of my dad before my check to them cleared. This bank stinks.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

In March 2011 I received a letter from Wells Fargo stating I did not have enough "escrow" money in my account and my payments would be increasing. After spending several hours calling insurance company, and then Wells Fargo again, the issue was discovered to be an insurance payment fault on Wells Fargo's end.
Today in the mail I received a refund from my insurance company due to Wells Fargo AGAIN paying the incorrect amount of insurance.

Wells Fargo paid the deductible amount rather than the actual cost of the insurance, hence the refund check. After another round of calls to both my insurance company AND the not so helpful individuals working the phones at Wells Fargo, I was told "they will fix it". Now I have to spend my time cashing a check, wiring the money to a different bank, and then mailing a check back to Wells Fargo TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE AGAIN THIS YEAR.

Who makes sure invoices are correct and payments are accurately made? In this computer age why was there not a flag raised when there was a 70+% increase on the insurance premium from one year to the next FOR TWO CONSECTIVE YEARS????

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

January 1 2015 ck- 200.00 pd--to-act 4705-0001-9015-2470 - February 1 2015- ck for $194.36 pd - to act march-1-2015 $48.59 pd same act .now something is wrong with your accounting department. So many false transaction.- REFERENCE# 990000051 $200.00 WHY - AGAIN - PAYMENT FOR $48.59 NOT SHOWING.THIS IS NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

Customer Rating

Wells Fargo Auto Finance reported late payments to all major credit reporting agencies that did not occur after refusing to accept my final principle payment on my loan. Never during the loan did any payment ever exceed 30 days past due, based on the payment due date and instructions received from Wells Fargo Auto Finance while dealing with late charge payments. This is evidenced by the data reported to all three major credit-reporting agencies during that time. It was not until after the loan had been paid off that the negative information appeared. I believe this was due to my challenging them on the late payment validity. WF removed most of the charges AFTER heated discussions but reported late payments that never happened.

Customer Rating

Eugenia Sheerwood has been handling the loan for Susan and Phil Favre. We have been an escrow for two months. We have been promised loan documents everyday for the past two weeks. We have reached out to Joshua Oleesky to escalate the issue and have received no response. As of this morning, we still can received loan documents.

Customer Rating

This is concerning a loan I got last month to purchase a boat. Instead of a boat loan the loan officer gave me a personal loan at 9% interest. During the process I asked the loan officer if I could just cash in a cd that I had and make the boat purchase instead of getting a loan. Her response was that interest on the loan wouldn't be much. Ha! My first month was over $90 interest which is way more than the $25 for cashing in the cd early. I have no doubt that she knew what she was doing. This was at the Pinson Alabama branch. Well I cashed in the cd and paid off the loan today and it cost me over $68 more than it would have if she had been honest. Is it Wells Fargo's standard operating procedure to screw the customer regardless to make a dollar? This could all have been avoided if she would have said yes it's cheaper to cash in the cd and let me pay for the boat to begin with. I have got a lot invested thru Wells Fargo. This has thoroughly made me mad and I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I'm thinking about it.

Customer Rating

I made a mobile deposit on 3/18 and it said successful. Then wells Fargo took the deposit back out of my account. Called and they have to figure out why and may take 10 days? Why? This is the stupidest thing I have heard they are really that in component?

Customer Rating

I am getting very suspicious e- mail about me being awarded a large sum of money from Wells Fargo 5071 Moose Falls Drive Las Vegas, NV the e-mail that was sent to me stated that I have to send $250 for insurance of receiving this large sum of money. Here is the information w.bankus@aol.co.uk hotline 0114400801 Mr.William Donahue, Regional Fiduciary Manager/ Secretary general, head of the wells Fargo bank branch of Las Vegas. NMLSK ID 39880. I am trying to confirm the truth of this e-mail.

Customer Rating

I own a home in Woodstock ga. My son-in-law was approved by wells fargo to assume the existing loan he paid the processing fee and all the paper work was done the closing was today at 5pm. At closing what was told when he qualified for the loan and what was at the closing was done fraudulent . Since the house is own by me. I have been a customer with this bank for over 35 years the people at closing told my daughter and son-inlaw that I was being stupid and naïve . This fraudulent practice will be reported and my I will no longer do business with wells fargo. I will going Monday morning and close my account. My husband had been a customer too. You will need to investigate this practice for further investigation.

Customer Rating

Poor single, elderly, Mexican American customer has health issues, after years of making mortgage payments could not anymore so we tried to sell home with Wells Fargo telling us they would assist....... Finally received cash offer closing today and Wells Fargo stepped in and said NO because it was already in forclosure process for April 7th 2015. This closing would have paid off existing loan and this home has a FOUNDATION ISSUE of about $12,000 which Wells FARGO knows about!! So they will take less money, hurt this poor ladies credit all because the process was underway? Wells Fargo strikes again but many good realtors in SA won't use them again regardless!!!

Customer Rating

I made an online payment to my credit card account in the amount of $5,000 on February 27, 2015. I made similar payments to Chase and Bank of America as I am in the process of paying down my credit cards. The Chase payment posted the next day and Bank of America posted on March 2, 2015. When the funds still had not posted and were not available at Wells Fargo on March 3, 2015, I called to enquire why. I was initially told that because of the large amount of the payment it would not post for 4-5 business days. I asked for a supervisor and was told that any online payment in any amount is held for 5 business days while they check for availability of funds and fraudulent activity. I took great issue with this and demanded that my payment be posted and funds available today, March 3, 2015.

I was rebuffed and told that they were not my funds, but belonged to Wells Fargo and essentially on loan to me via the credit card. I then reminded this incompetent, unfriendly person that I had a checking account with Wells, two auto loans with Wells and that I took great offense to them referring to my transaction as possibly fraudulent. I contacted my bank and they confirmed that Wells already had possession of the $5,000 and they had no internal policy of holding funds beyond 2-3 business days. I advise anyone with a Wells Fargo credit card to never make an online payment, but pay in cash at a Wells location via a teller. Totally non-customer friendly bank with incompetent supervisors with no ability to communicate in a professional manner. I would give ZERO Stars for my experience!

Customer Rating

On February 9, 2015, I took all of my documents to HR Block office to prepare my taxes, the tax advisor, Diana Stafford, informed me that my Form 1099-R from Wells Fargo was coded as Taxable income. This was a ROTH IRA that was transferred from CT where I had opened and contributed to it after taxes, 1099 should have been coded non-taxable as I am 64 years old and retired.
I drove to the local branch office in Clemson, SC and spoke to Chase Fryer, Customer Sales & Service Rep. who assured me that he would get it corrected and would notify me within 5 business days. I never heard back from Mr. Fryer so I contacted Ron Szczepanski, Financial Advisor, and he in turn referred me to CSR named Rachael at (864) 255-8244, she also assured that she would look into this matter and call me back, which she did not.

Messages were left with no return calls. I was finally directed to another CSR, Mae Reid at (864)467-2808 and was told that Rachael was out of work due to family emergency, and that Mae would now assist with this matter. I spoke to Mae last week and she told me that she had turned this matter over to the Legal Dept. It is now March 2, 2015, and this matter has not been resolved and it prevents me from filing my taxes in a timely matter and I expect a refund. I respectfully request that this correction to my Form 1099-R be expedited and mailed to me ASAP and in any case no later than March 9, 2015.

Customer Rating

I have made a settlement for an acct that my Ex-Husband used with out me knowing, and I ended up having to settle a payment of $3,131.88!! Bad enough that I HAD TO pay this when I DIDNT even use this revolving credit acct!!!! It ended up on MY Credit Report sooooo I got stuck paying it. Now WELLS FARGO has given me a run around for over 2 months (starting back in Nov) to get this acct settled, once the head lady got back from Vacation, she told me what I had to settle on. SOOOO, I PAY it...with a cashiers check from my bank, I send it off to them,,,THEY get it. I DONT HEAR A WORD FROM THEM...I HAVE to call them and ask for a receipt of some sort or a letter stating that the acct is PAID AND CLOSED!! Well I get another run around, they gotta figure out a way to send a letter to me, soo I was told it would take 10 days to send it. WELLLL, 10 days came and went, I called them again....They said it was processed or sent out on Feb 20,2015 and it would be 10 days from that day. Seriously Im about to call my Lawyer about this!! I WANT MY RECEIPT From this bank!!!! CAN YOU PLEASE HELP??? THEY got my money, all I want is a freakin letter of paid and closed on this acct!!!!!!!!!

Customer Rating

I just found out my Wellsfargo credit card has unusual activities today, was panicking and called the lady trying to close it. She was very impatient with me and was giving me a lot of bs later I found she was lying. She was obviously having a bad day, and let it out on me. Cause I let her know I was having billing concerns and fraud... ask if she can clarify for me, which is within my right as a customer to ask. She started to raise her voice and said I should make up my mind what I wanted to call for... I even told her I selected the billing department cause I have questions. Anyway the fraud was more of a concern so I ask her to look into it.

Without letting me know she will close my card account altogether, I told her I might need to look more closely into the bill... she raise her voice again and said is this your only fraud charge or not... then pressure me to answering a yes or no only. As I was explaining to her I called her right away cause I found one, I'd need more time to look over, please stop my card now just in case... she told me this "I'm going to stop the card and you can view the account later and let me know if there are others ones you missed". She LIED. She only close my account... I end up found out after I hang up and had to call back again to resolve it through another girl who is nice enough to help.

At this point, what's running through my mind is I've being a loyal customer for over 8+ years. I was always telling others how great the service was. Now I'm traumatized by that lady's bad attitude toward her work and I didn't need or deserves this kind of treatment for banking through you guys.

Customer Rating

So I went to do my cash refund for income tax and then is the 1 year that I have used well fargo for direct deposit for anything and I used the check that I signed up with for the saving account and they never informed me that they have a efile rounting number I contacted customer service to see if the direct deposit with go threw they told me no because of the routing number is for deposit in the bank not direct deposit messed up my taxes. Wells fargo sucks balls

Customer Rating

I am a Realtor. I submitted an offer-to-purchase in late October to resolve a foreclosure problem for a mutual client. This would result in a large payment to Wells Fargo, and saving a home for our client.
However Wells Fargo will not phone me, E-mail me, Fax me nor anything. I guess a wait of 4 months is not enough? I have called, Faxed, E-mailed until I have lost count in trying to get someone to talk to me. My client has been assigned a number of agents from Wells Fargo, but every time I think I have found someone to help, that agent disappears, and I have to start all over. Yet, Wells Fargo continues to call the client, who gives the agent my name and number, but I never hear from them. Wells Fargo should be embarrassed about their lackadaisical attitude toward the American public, which keeps them in business.

Customer Rating

since november the 5th i have been off work and has gotten behind on our car payment. thank god we have been able to at least stay only a month late. we tried to get a last deferr payment but has had no luck and we continue to get blasted by your late fees. when we try to pay online or by phone it want take your payment unless it is what well fargo deems a person should payed. i am really sorry we are behind and feel good inside to know i have money coming and will be able to pay you guys off real soon. in all my 55 yrs. i have never dealt with a bank as such as this and realize now why you guys have so many complaints. we are behind a month with our payments and hope to be caught up my the end of march and pay you guys off by april.

Customer Rating

I called customer service at approx 5:00 pm on 11/8/2011 and spoke to a "steve" as he refused to give me his last name I cannot provide it here. I explained that my account had been charged doubly for my monthly car payment as well as a couple of other credit card payments. I asked how this occured. He explaine that it was my fault in some detail. I explained what had occured when I was asked to go in and verify my bill pay set up when the switchover occured from Wachovia to Wells Fargo.

I explained that the dates were detailed on the page showing when a guarantor would receive payment based on my send date. I adjusted the dates to take into that account so I wouldn't be late on my payments. Therefore I ended up double paying on my bills. I asked him why he hadn't explained this step when he "told" me what I had actually done. He told me "rather impertantly" that it was a manual modification that I chose to do. I explained that based on what I was seeing on the screen and the dates being displayed that I didn't think I had a choice.

He was rude and condescending in his tone and his manner. I explained that I would like his name and I wanted to close out my accounts if I couldn't count on WF not to double charge me. He refused to give me his name at all and told me the call was being recorded. I said "good - then you should understand good customer service and that is when a customer ask you something such as your name or to speak to your supervisor that you should comply".

He continued to run around in circles telling me that he would explain and answer my question ... I said ok .. what is your name ... this went on for some time and to no avail. He finally buckled and told me his name was Steve ... again I asked for his last name and/or his supervisor. He continued to circle around the question and was extremely rude. He finally told me he would get a supervisor ... that took quite a bit of time. A gentlemen came on and in a very deep tone said ... something to the effect of ... "yes ... can I help you".

I began to explain about the bill pay miss understanding and got only a couple of sentences in and I was cut off. The loud beeping in my ear was the signal that your organization has some very poor customer service. So this "Steve" was incredibly rude ... I truly believe that the supervisor "whom did not give a name" was a fake. I will be taking my business elsewhere as soon as I can. I am very disappointed in your organization and most importantly in your shoddy customer service.

Contact the Wells Fargo Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Wells Fargo. What is their corporate mailing address?

420 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
  • I want to call the Wells Fargo customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

866-878-5865
  • I need to visit the Wells Fargo company website. What is their website address?