Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Wells Fargo

Posted by Leo Bukowski on Jan 27, 2015
Customer Rating

First, a little background, I’m retired USAF Disabled Combat Veteran, after 20 years of service, I understand checklists. My wife has over 40 years of USAF Federal Service, she understands a checklist. Your checklist should be inclusive of the documents needed to accomplish the loan. Your underwriters should not be assuming or looking for ways to deny our loan. My loan was denied because your office was in three states and two time zones. It was further complicated by one office not fully cooperating or communicating within your organization. I suggested conference calls; however, my recommendation was never acknowledged. At least weekly, another document was asked for, which was already in the banks possession in one of the states. However, some documents like a birth certificate or passport was truly none of Wells Fargo business.

Your underwriter used return read receipt on email; it displays a lack of trust, if I want a loan, I’m going to respond expeditious on each request, as we did. When a customer asks for a document, it should be furnished especially if the customer pays for it. Always an adversary, it took several calls and email to obtain a copy of our home’s appraisal. If underwriting requires secure email to protect me and slow the process, it is my issue and my risk. Underwriting doesn’t realize who the customer is; I pursued a supervisor phone and got a telephone number he never answered. I asked for a fast track and got the slow train. The loan process had an overshadowing, it was apparent Wells Fargo wanted the loan to fail. My wife Terry had to give an ultimatum to the underwriter a week before the closing date since the underwriter could not make up their minds on the loan. However this was not enough time to find another bank. It was apparent; the loan was delayed and the seller rightfully took $1,000.00 of earnest money for missing a closing date. Yes, the closing date was based on the advice of my realtor and the lender. Your representative, Jamie Huebner advised it was probably not enough time; in hind sight I wish Jamie would have been more assertive.

I don’t understand why the conventional loan and the home equity loan were processed at the same rate. My FICO at the time was over 800 and my wife’s over 740. Wells Fargo held the original loan for the home equity. We have been a customer for over twenty years. Our income to debt was not an issue; however, it wasn’t an open and shut loan. My loan should have less than 4% or even 5%, not the amount you charged! I know I was promised a great interest rate and it wasn’t. I know I was promised 1/8th % for automatic withdrawal and it wasn’t written anywhere. When the home equity loan documents were signed the appraisal value was $20,000.00 less than of the official documented appraisal, which lowered the amount of the equity which could be withdrawn. While in a Wells Fargo loan officer’s office I called the underwriting department about the omissions, they had the audacity to ask me my “full name and date of birth” over the telephone in a Wells Fargo office! If your voice mail says “If I don’t get back to you today, I call by noon tomorrow.” When a call is not returned, the customer should be angry.

12 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Wells Fargo provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Wells Fargo?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5
1.95 out of 5 Stars
93 Consumer Reviews

Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Wells Fargo. What is their corporate mailing address?

420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104

I want to call the Wells Fargo customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

866-878-5865

I need to visit the Wells Fargo company website. What is their website address?

More Wells Fargo Complaints

12 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

worse experience in wells fargo today. Her bad attitude , it seems she is a queen. No smile. Leave me alone there with questions, and she went back to her desk...bad bad attitude..not sure why well fargo hire a lady like this... I closed my account today over the phone ..dont want to deal with wells fargo any more

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Wells Fargo closed out my credit card because they believed someone was using my card # to make purchases(never saw anything hit my account). So they closed that card # and opened a new card for me transfering the balance over to he new account. The only problem was they did not transfer the payment that I pre-schedule to pay balance. I called the customer service dept. I was first told that it was not her problem. It was the dept that takes care of the eb ite. I spoke to them. They said not their problem. They transfered me back to customer service. After being on the phone for 45 minutes I final talk to a supervisor who told me that they were going to take care of it . Well they didn’t. A couple of days later I called customer service(dis-service) again.

They were lost and did not know how to handle it.. I was assued by the supervisor that I would not be charged any late fees or interest charges on the balance. I then give that person my checking account infor to draw money out of that account and pay the balance that was due, that they lost.

On 3/25/14 I went on line and saw the payment that I authorized and a credit for the late fees, but not for the interest charge. I called customer service again and was told they wll take care of it. Today 3/28/14 I went back on line and no credit was issued. Again I called customer dis-service. the person who took the call could understand what I was talking about. I asked her to read all the notes in my file. She still was in a daze. I preceeded to ask for a supersior who told me that I had to pay the interest charges first and they will give me credit in 2 billing cycles. If i did not pay the interest charge , I would be charged interest on it.
Plus knowing Wells Fargo this late payment, etc will go against my credit rating.

This is crazy. They screwed up not me.
Once this is corrected I will most likely close out my account.

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

On 9/12/11, I deposited a $20,000 check written on a local bank from a prestiguous law firm. I told the Wells Fargo manager that I needed the monies for a funeral and that since the bank was local, the check should only be held for a day or two. The bank manager had the teller stamp and write all over the check and printed out a receipt that said they would make $5,000 available on the 15th and the balance on 9/22/11. I asked the teller why she wrote all over the check when I said no I did not agree to a hold and she said the manager told her to. Customer service said the check cleared on the 13th. I went into the Wells Fargo bank on the 16th and asked that the hold be taken off.

The manager refused. I called customer service and the Executive branch and was told the branch managers have the discretion of holding any check. I replied that I knew the check cleared on the 13th and what was the grounds to hold the check further. They said because the manager can; which means that Wells Fargo manager, of the Torrance & Figueroa branch just wanted to stick it to me in a time of need.

I scolded the teller for not telling me they were insisting on a long hold especially when I was at my lowest trying to bury my dad. The executive branch, supported her action wholeheartedly. Wells Fargo stinks, it just stinks. My dad's funeral had to be held on the 22nd due to mortuary/church restraints and I had to beg to get the mortuary to take care of my dad before my check to them cleared. This bank stinks.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I made an online payment to my credit card account in the amount of $5,000 on February 27, 2015. I made similar payments to Chase and Bank of America as I am in the process of paying down my credit cards. The Chase payment posted the next day and Bank of America posted on March 2, 2015. When the funds still had not posted and were not available at Wells Fargo on March 3, 2015, I called to enquire why. I was initially told that because of the large amount of the payment it would not post for 4-5 business days. I asked for a supervisor and was told that any online payment in any amount is held for 5 business days while they check for availability of funds and fraudulent activity. I took great issue with this and demanded that my payment be posted and funds available today, March 3, 2015.

I was rebuffed and told that they were not my funds, but belonged to Wells Fargo and essentially on loan to me via the credit card. I then reminded this incompetent, unfriendly person that I had a checking account with Wells, two auto loans with Wells and that I took great offense to them referring to my transaction as possibly fraudulent. I contacted my bank and they confirmed that Wells already had possession of the $5,000 and they had no internal policy of holding funds beyond 2-3 business days. I advise anyone with a Wells Fargo credit card to never make an online payment, but pay in cash at a Wells location via a teller. Totally non-customer friendly bank with incompetent supervisors with no ability to communicate in a professional manner. I would give ZERO Stars for my experience!

Customer Rating

On February 9, 2015, I took all of my documents to HR Block office to prepare my taxes, the tax advisor, Diana Stafford, informed me that my Form 1099-R from Wells Fargo was coded as Taxable income. This was a ROTH IRA that was transferred from CT where I had opened and contributed to it after taxes, 1099 should have been coded non-taxable as I am 64 years old and retired.
I drove to the local branch office in Clemson, SC and spoke to Chase Fryer, Customer Sales & Service Rep. who assured me that he would get it corrected and would notify me within 5 business days. I never heard back from Mr. Fryer so I contacted Ron Szczepanski, Financial Advisor, and he in turn referred me to CSR named Rachael at (864) 255-8244, she also assured that she would look into this matter and call me back, which she did not.

Messages were left with no return calls. I was finally directed to another CSR, Mae Reid at (864)467-2808 and was told that Rachael was out of work due to family emergency, and that Mae would now assist with this matter. I spoke to Mae last week and she told me that she had turned this matter over to the Legal Dept. It is now March 2, 2015, and this matter has not been resolved and it prevents me from filing my taxes in a timely matter and I expect a refund. I respectfully request that this correction to my Form 1099-R be expedited and mailed to me ASAP and in any case no later than March 9, 2015.

Customer Rating

I have made a settlement for an acct that my Ex-Husband used with out me knowing, and I ended up having to settle a payment of $3,131.88!! Bad enough that I HAD TO pay this when I DIDNT even use this revolving credit acct!!!! It ended up on MY Credit Report sooooo I got stuck paying it. Now WELLS FARGO has given me a run around for over 2 months (starting back in Nov) to get this acct settled, once the head lady got back from Vacation, she told me what I had to settle on. SOOOO, I PAY it...with a cashiers check from my bank, I send it off to them,,,THEY get it. I DONT HEAR A WORD FROM THEM...I HAVE to call them and ask for a receipt of some sort or a letter stating that the acct is PAID AND CLOSED!! Well I get another run around, they gotta figure out a way to send a letter to me, soo I was told it would take 10 days to send it. WELLLL, 10 days came and went, I called them again....They said it was processed or sent out on Feb 20,2015 and it would be 10 days from that day. Seriously Im about to call my Lawyer about this!! I WANT MY RECEIPT From this bank!!!! CAN YOU PLEASE HELP??? THEY got my money, all I want is a freakin letter of paid and closed on this acct!!!!!!!!!

Customer Rating

I just found out my Wellsfargo credit card has unusual activities today, was panicking and called the lady trying to close it. She was very impatient with me and was giving me a lot of bs later I found she was lying. She was obviously having a bad day, and let it out on me. Cause I let her know I was having billing concerns and fraud... ask if she can clarify for me, which is within my right as a customer to ask. She started to raise her voice and said I should make up my mind what I wanted to call for... I even told her I selected the billing department cause I have questions. Anyway the fraud was more of a concern so I ask her to look into it.

Without letting me know she will close my card account altogether, I told her I might need to look more closely into the bill... she raise her voice again and said is this your only fraud charge or not... then pressure me to answering a yes or no only. As I was explaining to her I called her right away cause I found one, I'd need more time to look over, please stop my card now just in case... she told me this "I'm going to stop the card and you can view the account later and let me know if there are others ones you missed". She LIED. She only close my account... I end up found out after I hang up and had to call back again to resolve it through another girl who is nice enough to help.

At this point, what's running through my mind is I've being a loyal customer for over 8+ years. I was always telling others how great the service was. Now I'm traumatized by that lady's bad attitude toward her work and I didn't need or deserves this kind of treatment for banking through you guys.

Customer Rating

So I went to do my cash refund for income tax and then is the 1 year that I have used well fargo for direct deposit for anything and I used the check that I signed up with for the saving account and they never informed me that they have a efile rounting number I contacted customer service to see if the direct deposit with go threw they told me no because of the routing number is for deposit in the bank not direct deposit messed up my taxes. Wells fargo sucks balls

Customer Rating

I am a Realtor. I submitted an offer-to-purchase in late October to resolve a foreclosure problem for a mutual client. This would result in a large payment to Wells Fargo, and saving a home for our client.
However Wells Fargo will not phone me, E-mail me, Fax me nor anything. I guess a wait of 4 months is not enough? I have called, Faxed, E-mailed until I have lost count in trying to get someone to talk to me. My client has been assigned a number of agents from Wells Fargo, but every time I think I have found someone to help, that agent disappears, and I have to start all over. Yet, Wells Fargo continues to call the client, who gives the agent my name and number, but I never hear from them. Wells Fargo should be embarrassed about their lackadaisical attitude toward the American public, which keeps them in business.

Customer Rating

When I open the personal line of credit in 2001, for the amount of $5000.00, in 2004, Wells Fargo reduce the amount to $4000.00, in 2005 it was reduce again to $3500.00, that is when I decide to closed my account. since 2005 I have been paying more then the monthly payment, Wells Fargo took out interest rate on two payment I made in one month.

I only was a week late on my payment since I had this account, but yet Well Fargo raise my interest rate to 19.99%. I don;t think it was fair, because I made all payment on time. When I questioned Wells Fargo I was told the reason for interest rate increase was that some of my creditor was negative on my cretit report.

I have paid off my account with Wells Fargo, I will never do any business again with Wells Fargo. I believe that Wells Fargo owe my money from all the interest I have paid. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Customer Rating

I began back in the 80's with SC National Bank which then went to Wachovia Bank and just recently to Wells Fargo. In all the years of banking I have to say Wells Fargo is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. I feel like a number rather than a customer and will strongly consider moving my money out of Wells Fargo. They are not friendly nor do they treat their customers (who support) the bank, but now we are charged for every single thing we do in the bank and it is expensive.

I went to get a cashiers check for $17.81 for the hotel I work with to send to a customer and they charged me $10.00 to do this. I was shocked this happened. I do not feel welcome in the bank anymore and do not appreciate being treated in this manner after so many years of loyal service with SC National-Wachovia-Wells Fargo. In my opinion this is one of the worst moves ever made. I assure you I will be moving my account. I have visited many banks and have found two in my area that treat customers as people, not a number.

Customer Rating

My mortgage was an FHA loan with WF for 7 years. I refinanced it by using a conventional loan on 02/2013. The total of $191,239.63 payoff amount, which included all the interest charged from 04/01/2013 through 05/01/2013, was informed to us by WF Mortgage Closing Department. However, in the settlement Statement from WF Refinance Department that interest charged was again calculated as the daily interest charges from 4/18/2013 to 5/1/2013 @$18.32/day = $238.16.

They set up the closing day with my husband and I on Saturday 04/13/2013 but they didn't send the settlement statement until Friday afternoon 04/12/2013. My husband and I didn't have enough time to go over the document. So, we decided to sign the loan documents on Saturday because they said that we had three days to cancel before the loan going to be effective which was from 04/15 through mid-night of 04/17, 2013. My husband emailed them on Sunday April 14, 2013 asking about the $238.16 and emphasized that we didn't want to pay the extra interest charged that was already included in the payoff amount and we wanted the answer before moving forward. Their response to us on Monday April 15, 2013 stated that we would get the $238.16 refund in a form of a check after the loan funds. My husband and I believed that and did not cancel the loan documents.

On 04/24/2013 after the new loan was booked, that same person emailed me and stated that the $238.16 would not be refunded because the $238.16 was for the interest of the new loan starting from 04/18 through 05/01. Had WF loan processor told us earlier before the rescission time ended that this money was for the new loan, we would have canceled the loan documents on 04/15 before going further. WF had forced us to pay double for the interest that we already paid in the payoff amount by giving us a false statement and a false promise regarding the issue.

For that reason we sent emails to the managers to request a refund, but they did not respond. I believe I am not the only customers that WF Mortgage has done wrong. I believe this is a fraud. I would like the issue to be resolved and the $238.16 to be refunded to me.

Amy Nguyen

Customer Rating

I live in Bakersfield Ca. and was at the Wells Fargo on Panama Lane today. I was depositing monies for my business account. The teller must have been new and I asked for 12 one dollar bills and the rest was to be deposited with my deposit I presented. I do not know what it was but she couldn't understand exactly what I wanted. Why I do not know. After getting that straightened out I had a check to be used to pay for my Wells Fargo credit card.

She would not just pay off the amount owed on it but needed to use the whole check which was only an amount of 30.00 over. What was the problem? I told her to just cash the check and I would then pay the bill and she then said she could not take the cash back. I have been doing business in this small branch for over 5 years and all of a sudden I see a big turnover of tellers. I just told her to return my check and I would go. I have over $16,000.00 in that bank and they can not cash a $139.00 check. Please.

I now know why I do not have my personal checking there. I will soon be taking my business account to Tri-County Bank. You need to take a good look at their practices.

November 5th, 2012
Dear Sir:
I am an American Citizen who lived in America for 30 years now. I speak perfect English, but still have a strong accent. This is the first time I was treated with discrimination and the first time I filed a complaint.
I went to Wells Fargo Bank in Orem, Utah, to get some documents notarized. I waited a while before this lady rushed in. She was probably out for lunch. She was very rude to begin with, and I could tell from the beginning she was going to be difficult on me.
She told me she could not notarize my papers because they were in another language. I asked her if someone could translate them and she said that although they had two Spanish speaking employees they could not and gave no explanation of why not. I asked her to just notarize my signature and she said no. I told her that I was a long time client of over 20 years and that I had done that before in that bank many times. She told me it is illegal to do that. I then asked her to give me a letter saying it was illegal so I could send it to the Brazilian Consulate in Los Angeles who requested the documents to e notarized, and she said no. I asked why she would not give me a letter and she got very defensive and said I was calling her a lier, which I never did, not even implied it... I had no reason to say she was a lier.
I then asked her to at least notarize my American passport copy and she said no again. At this time it was an American document, so why would she say no? So I asked her why.
She then asked me to leave the bank in the most cruel form. She said: "Leave the bank now". Her voice was raised when she said the word now. I worried that she would call the security and I would go to jail for something that I was not even aware of. So, without saying a single word I left the bank crying. I just could not believe someone could be so cruel and treat me the way she did. During our conversation she said several times that she did not care if I had no other way to notarize those documents...I am sure she would never treat a white American that way, I knew she treated me that way because of my race and accent.
She had no right to make me leave the bank since I have an account of over twenty years in there. I had deposits to make that day. She ruined my day and caused a lot of troubles for me that day. Even if she would deny helping me with the Brazilian documents, she had no right to deny the help with the American documents. I was nice and respectful to her and the only thing I said to her in my worse moment was that I was going to close my account in that bank. The cameras in the bank can prove my words.
Well, to make things even worse, I went to another bank, Bank of American Fork, and within five minutes they had everything notarized. The lady who helped me at this time said it was not right for Wells Fargo Bank to deny me that service, since all they had to do was to recognize my signature and they did not have to identify that the document was in Portuguese or any other language, all they had to do was to recognize my signature. I was the one signing that the document was true. But the worse part, where we can tell that this Wells Fargo Bank employee was out there to get me is when she denied helping me with my American passport copies. I had my passport there so she could see it...
The reason I needed there documents notarized was a request from the Brazilian Embassy in Los Angeles. They require that I a public notary recognizes my signature to be true in documents or copy of documents in order to issue me a passport. It is not something that I have a choice and although I have an American passport, Brazilian laws require that I also have a Brazilian passport to enter Brazil. In either case, even if notarizing the Brazilian documents was not a possibility (which the other bank strongly disagreed), why not do it for the American passport copy?
My husband tried to talk to their manager, but he said that he knew about the situation and the lady was right to deny me service. The problem is she did not deny me the service nicely, she was very rude and asked me rudely to leave the bank and that was the most humiliating moment of my entire life. Why should I leave the bank if I have an account of over 20 years in there?
We will be closing that account this week as well. This lady was a racist of the worse kind, a kind that I have never seen before and I ask you to please take action. She was so full of hate towards me. Although this should not matter, what this lady did not know is the fact that although I was born in Brazil my ancestors were from Louisiana and they served in the Revolutionary War and died for this country. The parish of St. James was named after my 5th great-grandfather who came to America in 1720...Anyway, none of this information should even help you, but I just tell you that because of the nature of the injustice against me and the way it made me feel.
If you ask me what I like to see about this situation, I will tell you that I would like the Wells Fargo Bank to take action against her and possibly the manager who did not care about my situation. I do not know her name, but she set at the first desk across from the tellers, notarizing documents and she was probably in her thirties, white woman, dark mid length hair, green or blue eyes, skinny, about 5'6" height... This incident happened today at lunch time, around 1:15 pm.
Thank you so much for your time. Please let me know how I should proceed with this matter.
Claudia Queiroz
sisterqueiroz@gmail.com
801-500-0478
4417 N Stafford Court Provo Utah 84604

Customer Rating

I was in wells fargo to cash a personal check. when leaving a loose check must have slid out of the binder on the way to the car. When I got home I noticed this. I called the local branch to request a block on that check. A lady named Angela whom I talked to twice because the first time I was routed to an automated system that hung up on me. I called back again and told het this was an emergency where upon she would transfer me to someone. I was on hold again for almost thirty minutes.

So while I was on hold I had the time to get on the computer and find your 800 numberall the while waiting on the phone for the local branch person. That is the the worst service I can emagine for an emergency that should have been handled sooner as my account could have been cleaned out before anyone would respond.Your 800 service handled it before I could get anyone on the branch to answer the phone. The branch is 3860 south nova road, port orange, fla. terrible service!

Customer Rating

In March 2011 I received a letter from Wells Fargo stating I did not have enough "escrow" money in my account and my payments would be increasing. After spending several hours calling insurance company, and then Wells Fargo again, the issue was discovered to be an insurance payment fault on Wells Fargo's end.
Today in the mail I received a refund from my insurance company due to Wells Fargo AGAIN paying the incorrect amount of insurance.

Wells Fargo paid the deductible amount rather than the actual cost of the insurance, hence the refund check. After another round of calls to both my insurance company AND the not so helpful individuals working the phones at Wells Fargo, I was told "they will fix it". Now I have to spend my time cashing a check, wiring the money to a different bank, and then mailing a check back to Wells Fargo TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE AGAIN THIS YEAR.

Who makes sure invoices are correct and payments are accurately made? In this computer age why was there not a flag raised when there was a 70+% increase on the insurance premium from one year to the next FOR TWO CONSECTIVE YEARS????

Customer Rating

I received a notice that my account was past due. I checked my bank account and saw that all recent payments have been sent and deducted from my account. I checked my wells fargo account online and realized that a payment sent from my bank had never been credited to my auto loan account. I sent an inquiry to my bank. They tried to contact wells fargo but were refused. I then called wells fargo to see why they would not talk to my bank. They said I had to have my bank research on their end. I explained that a part of the banks process was to contact the receiving vendor to verify non receipt of the funds.

They then told me that I could only make a payment to bring the account back current and suggested that I make all future payments to their website directly. I replied that I would make my payments how I chose and asked to speak to someone who had the authority to authorize wells fargo to speak with my bank. He then hung up on me. They are very rude and unprofessional. The worst part is that it seems to be a company wide problem as opposed to an isolated incident. Never again!!!

Customer Rating

Mon 21 Jan 2013.- I'm 73, legally divorced in California in 2003, and did have a WFB account since 1992 thru 2003 when I requested that my name be taken off the accounts in light of my divorce. I subsequently left for Chile, my country of birth, to retire on Social Security since it is obvious that I cannot afford to live in the US anymore...not on $1.730 a month.

My daughter, Francesca who lives in California, opened a Direct Deposit (ETA) account at Wells Fargo back in Dec 2012 under my name and hers. The purpose is to receive my Social Security pension and manage it online from Santiago, Chile. The problem arose very recently when using my PC here in Chile I attempted to reach my account online at a Glendale branch and was faced with security questions and answers that date back to 1992 !!!

Apparently, my name and SS# are still in WFB databases and I suspect triggered outdated security questions (mortgage holder in 2000?, my dream job back in 1992?, etc..etc. taken from public records circa 1990s. I called their 800 numbers several times this past week (at one dollar a minute) and I spoke to 7 (seven) people at Wells Fargo Online Banking, Security Questions and Anti-Fraud units but to no avail....they refuse to budge, suggesting twice that I get on a plane from Santiago to California to talk to them in person...

I pressed the point that this was and should be treated as a BRAND new account..and with no relation whatsoever to previous banking accounts with them..Again, no avail, no exception...They repeated their mantra that they were following bank procedures FOR MY PROTECTION and there was nothing they could, unless I went to visit them!! PRESUMPTIOUS, ARROGANT attitude on WFB part with a staff NOT ABLE TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX !!! Some didn't even realize I was calling from abroad.

We live in a globalized, cashless, electronic transfer type of society where I can buy and disburse money anywhere in the world...Is Wells Fargo living in such security fear, thinking that every PC that reaches their systems is trying to defraud them ? Bank fraud existed before the Internet and will continue to surface...no matter what... So, please unfreeze my online access and let me manage my account.

My Suggested Solution: Contact the Glendale Branch, treat my account as brand new, and develop new, contemporary security questions through my daughter or myself.

Mr. Jaime Silva
Santiago, Chile
jimrsilva@gmail.com

Customer Rating

I have been a Customer of Wells Fargo for years. Wells Fargo has always been professional, helpful and polite. Imagine my surprise
and confusion at the rude behavior I and other customers have to experience just to continue Banking at a Wells Fargo.
The Wells Fargo Office in Stayton, Oregon is located in a small Store Front Office in the Safeway Store. I have recently relocated
here from Salt Lake City and I am accustom to politeness, professionalism and customer service.
This small Branch is poorly run and the Management and young Staff think this a franchise they can run as they want.
I believe this branch must be investigated as it is a disgrace to the Good Brand and reputation of Wells Fargo.
Contact me and I will be happy to relate personal experiences, also name others with similar negative experiences.

Jerry C Walters, 801.696.4355

Customer Rating

I bought a 2005 Pick-up and used Wells Fargo for the third time to finance a vehicle. With the first two and now a fourth vehicle I have financed with Wells Fargo I had one late payment. My 71st payment on the 2005 truck was late due to my check being destroyed by the U.S. mail. I contacted Wells Fargo to advise them of the situation with my next to last payment on my truck. B

efore they received my 71st payment my lone went maturity and I was sent to their in house collection department. I was contacted by a person with Wells Fargo and was called names and told that I was a deadbeat that did not pay my bills and that my truck would be repod. I tried to explain the situation with the Wells Fargo associate but was not allowed to even speak a full sentence. the person was very rude and loud and mean spirted.

The associate advised me that he would ruin my credit. I advise that I would terminate the call and contact a supervisor. I contacted a supervisor and advised him of my situation. The supervisor advised me to forget about the earlier call and thst my credit would not be ruined nor would my truck be repoed that he would send me a final statement.

The final statement came in about three or four days. I sent a check paying off the truck. For over a year now I have been trying to remove the late pay that was in fact placed on my credit report.Wells Fargo has denied my request for removal although they stated that it would or should not be there. I have since purchased a fourth vehicle using Wells Fargo if I would have know that a year later I would still be trying to have this removed I would not have used Wells Fargo for my last purchase.

I will not use them for any other vehicles in the future. So after four vehicles they will now use a once very happy satisfied loyal coustomer. I will also continue to send letters of request twice a month until time or Wells Fargo removes this form my account.I would suggest that if you are buying a vehicle you use a different company to finance your vehicle.

Customer Rating

They are rude. They calle me 7 days a week, any time. 8am til 9pm. They calle me at my cell phone. No respect. They were very nice, for 4 years, when I paid without problems. I lots my husband. I lost my job. I lost my writght to work in here, since my husband passed away. I am in appelate. No job. I am seniro. I only have the car, that I already paid for more than !$18.000.00 more than the price that I have on the original Contratc with them.

Wells Fargo auto finance threat me, because they know I am alone, don't have an attorney, can't afford one, don't know how to defend in good English. The supervisor I talked, for lower my ammount monthly, called me IRRESPONSABLE! I apid very weel for all 65 months...only because I could not pay these two months, they screem at me, they trheath they will REPO my car. I was feeling so bad, that I hung up the phone and cry a lot.

They charge me "per diem" more than $20.00 day. Needs to be a Law that protect us, to pay so much money in "per diem". I can't loose the car..I just got ajobe, and will get payment only in two weeks..If the come and pick the car, I can't go to work..It is somebody there tjat can help me with sugestions?

My car cost was &31.000.00 + interest of $14.000.00 I alreday paid them $60.100.00 (fees per diem, I think) They said I still need to pay $5.000.00 more. They are calling me 7 days a week. Today Sunday they started to call at 8am again.. I am getting crazy...They don't want to wait or do any agreement..

H E L P!!!!! Is there a Consumer Protecction fr this issue or NOT?

Customer Rating

i tried to set up a payment to be auot drafted out of my checking account 4 or 5 times over the phone and was given the run around by everyone i talked to. i am not the account holder for the payment that i was tring to set up, my wife is ,she told your reporsentive to talk to me about setting this up .they would not conect me to a superviser and i was told that i could only set up this type of payment for a 4 month period. my wife and i are veterans and we fought to protect this country,we dont appercait being given the run around by your employes. by there acctions i was ready to tell you instation to take your loan and shove it , and your bank would have been out 10,000 dollars . also we dont like calling and talking to a bunch of fricken forners ,if you broght these jobs that you have farmede you over seas back home to america maybe the american economy would wouldn;t be in the shape its in. i find your employes to be very unfreindly and there behavior to appaling to american vetrans. martin moody so f**k you very much

Customer Rating

I will NEVER do any business with Wells Fargo EVER again. They are the rudest bunch of unpleasant people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They are very snotty, over bearing and short tempered. The representatives act as though I am the person who owes them money personally. It is SO unnecessary to behave so callously. What's worse is that clearly WF enables this behavior. Oh and the obsessive phone calls? WOW...

I purposely changed my phone number and they managed to call me at work, my new job that I didn't give the number out to anyone. I have told them repeatedly to not call me at work and they say the same thing: "Well that's not in the notes of your account" Interesting how NONE of the people I talk to are able to be found and there aren't ever notes in my account. Just because I owe money doesn't mean I deserve to be talked to so rudely.

One time, very calmly I finally just asked the girl why she was being SO rude to me. It was really unnecessary to talk to me as she was. She had the nerve to say WHILE talking over me that that was my opinion and she can say what ever she wants. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! This is the worse company ever. I will always be the person to talk negatively about them and have encouraged many of my friends and family to not do business with them.

Customer Rating

I initially requested an equity home loan, provided all the necessary information, sent several package of information, general in nature, Jeremy Gardner was handling the case, spoke to him on the phone twice, he did not see anything troublsome about my loan, I mentioned I needed to clos on it by mid September in order to gain a 15% reduction in a timeshare loan amounting to a savings of $1200.00, this loan was to consolidate all my current debt, Bank America, Chase and Visa accounts. A snag came into the picture that he needed an Award letter from Ameriprise for an inherited annunity from my deceased husbanded, which I handed this information to my advisor and they communicated. Two weeks pass, no update, I call Mr Gardner, several times no return on any of the calls or e-mails, in the meantime serveral packette arrive asking for additional information on pay stub, tax etc, which I had already provided, I finally connect with Michelle Lucas, I have left her several messages because she asked for a copy of deceased husband death cert. (why...Tom died 6 years ago, and I refinanced in Feb to pay payments 2x per month to pay down my mortgage. Today I attempted to see the results of my sending the death cert by fax, from my local bank, it seems someone left a message on a desk phone at Delta Airlines that I was denined the loan, NOT called on my cell, like I had requested. This is a direct invasion of my privacy!!!!! How rude not to call me, just leave a message that a co-worker could pick up. I have been tossed around today to the point I am so discusted with Wells Fargo I could spit tacks, I remain at the mercy of EHAB MIKHAEL to call me on my cell and as of 25 minutes ago, he has not. I tried calling my local bank in Prior Lake, and they tell me there is nothing they can do, then WHO can help, I was never given the oportunity to see if this award letter had been processed by Ameriprise, trust me there is plenty of value, I could fax a copy of my statement if this could help. I had brought it into the Prior Lake office on Friday, but the girl (Bashla) made no attempt to make a copy of it, also she was apologetic, sorries do not help at this point!!!!! I need someone who can actually help me.

Customer Rating

Wells Fargo covered up bank errors by twice writing false statements about my wife.
This is the letter they should have written:
Dear Mr. Istel:

Owing to an error in our "fraud alert" system, we failed to pay your check #5749 of 10 May 2012 to Walmart. There followed a series of mistakes by our bank which most unfortunately caused you considerable harassment a week after a heart operation, waste of your time, waste of money and the highly unfair misery of dealing with a collection agency. All this occurred despite your perfectly good check, your 800 credit rating and decades as our good client. We apologize.

Our errors included: 1. Telephoning “ Mrs.I. “ for confirmation and only stating that Wells Fargo was asking for private information. Suspecting a scam, Mrs. I. correctly hung up. Our failure to immediately provide positive identification is inexcusable. We apologize.

2. We failed to follow up by contacting your Wells Fargo personal banker who would have instantly sorted out the matter. We apologize.

3. We failed to review your record of payments which would have revealed that the fraud alert was erroneous. We are embarrassed that you were told that the fraud alert was caused by a large payment when a six month review of your payments through 30 September 2012 showed that 30.23% of the checks written on the same account were for greater amounts than check #5749.

And since your name appears at the top of the check, we could have contacted you.

We are aware of the description of Wells Fargo's behavior by Judge Elizabeth Magner as "highly reprehensible" and are now determined to behave well. We understand that we inadvertently damaged the editing of the now completed granite "History of the United States of America".

After seeing the Museum of History in Granite via “historyingranite.org”, we agree with the praise of a Supreme Court Justice, two Commandants of the Marine Corps and the President of Princeton University whose letters you have. Since you do not ask for moneys for yourself, we enclose our small tax-deductible check for the project in full settlement of the incident, and hope that you will remain our client.
Wells Fargo
Actual action by Wells Fargo: Twice stating falsely in writing that "Mrs.I." could not identify the check.

Customer Rating

I visit Store # 73946 about 4 to 5 times a week. I find it rediculous the time spent in the merchant line. Without fail the wait is always 20 to 30 minutes long. There are always 2 to 3 people in the line who are there cashing a check, wanting to start an account or anything else which does not require them to be in the merchant line what so ever. After waiting 30 minutes to be called to the window you are then asked to wait "just a little while longer" as the teller finishes up with the last customers transaction. As a business customer I do not want to be gone fromo my office for an hour because tellers are running around the back, taking their time and/ or to concerned with their nails.
This bank is a complete joke. I will be in contact with my sister stores and we will be ending services ASAP!

Customer Rating

Wells Fargo cannot be trusted with your money, as it doesn't let you use it entirely too often.

I'm lazy. I'm not alone or more people would use credit unions, which I'm about to, as for profit banks are too large and obviously don't care about how inconvenient and unfair they are to their customers. A year ago I went into a branch to deposit a paycheck on a Friday morning. It was within business hours and I specifically went to a banker rather than to the ATM as I wanted the funds available immediately to pay rent and if there were any 'concerns' or holds or whatever ridiculous things they seem to randomly do when you let them hold onto your money I wanted them handled right away. I was assured everything was great and no problems. First mistake was trusting someone who worked for Wells Fargo. Later when I still couldn't pay rent I called Customer Service wonder what was up. Evidently Wells Fargo isn't legally required to recognize deposits on Friday of any kind, so they simply don't. It wasn't that they were busy and couldn't get to it, they just aren't required to by the government so don't feel like it. Nothing I could do. Two grand in the bank from a payroll check and I couldn't use a dime and had to go the whole weekend without any money. Customer service even told me i should have deposited in the ATM because that would have been fine and it probably would have been automated, so it was my own fault for seeing a live person with the expecation that would avoid any problems.

Now I'm moving into a new apartment and spend a night picking up some new furniture. Except my bank cards not working. It stopped. I call to verify I am who I am and I am making purchases. They verify and say ok it'll work again in 90 seconds. Fine. Except it doesn't. So I have to call back again asking if 90 seconds means something different to them than it does to me. Oh sorry you've been reported to the fraud department. They're closed right now but you can call back later. What? I've called twice now verifying all my information, with more than enough in my account, and you've locked my cards and accounts for what reason? My spending my own money has offended you?

Credit Unions. Find a local non profit credit union so you too can say FU to big banks who refuse to let you use your own money.

Customer Rating

Within the last 6 months, we have had two bill pay payments taken out of our account $600 and $1200 with a five day delivery date (Wells Fargo takes bill pay money out of your account when you schedule the payment, not when the check has cleared the bank). The $600 was never received by the payee after 90 days. We were never made aware of this until our creditor contacted us saying we were behind in our payments. The $1200 incident happened approximately 3 months after.

This time the bill pay payment was going out to our father. He contacted us a few days after expecting his money saying he never got his check. I am convinced that Wells Fargo was successful in using $600 of our money for 90 days with no repercussion that they decided to try it with a larger sum of money. Can you imagine how they could save some interest and improve balance sheet numbers?
I’d like to add that we have been a customer of theirs for five years and have never had this problem before – ever!

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

Customer Rating

To whom it my concern I called in to make a payment to customer service. The payment was schedule to be paid on Jan 25 th 2013. I then proceed to ask the representative would my mortgage be in danger of foreclosure she stated that it would not go into foreclosure as long as Made the payment by the 25th. . On Jan 17 I got a call stating that home my home was in foreclosure and that I needed to pay the balance due. If I would have been told that I needed to make a payment before the the 16 th I would have. Do to this misrepentation my home should not be in foreclosure and i should be allowed to make my monthly payment per schedule and work toward getting caught up. Please contact ASAP at 813-494-7067. Carlton Brunson

Companies Like Wells Fargo