Wells Fargo Customer Service

Contact Wells Fargo Corporate

Toll free phone number: 866-878-5865

Wells Fargo is one of the United States top banking and financial services corporation. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:WFC and employs over 250,000 nationwide. In 2014 revenues were reported as US 84 billion.

If you need help with general banking call Wells Fargo customer service at 1-800-869-3557. If you need is online or mobile banking call 1-800-956-4442. If you need fraud help call the general banking number. If your need is business fraud call 1-800-225-5935. To contact the CEO, John G. Stumpt you may address your correspondence to him at 420 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104. The corporate office headquarters phone number is 415-396-7152.

Wells Fargo was founded in 1852 by Henry Wells and William Fargo in New York City. The slogan is ‘together we’ll go far’. You may find social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and helpful videos on YouTube. Overall the most common complaints filed against Wells Fargo include home mortgage problems, loan problems, rude bank employees, and poor customer service.

Upset with Wells Fargo?

File a complaint here!

Reach Wells Fargo Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Wells Fargo corporate office

• 420 Montgomery Street
    • San Francisco
    • CA 94104

866-878-5865

Top Wells Fargo Complaints

I open a Wells Fargo checking and savings account and was approved. The bank send me two debit card. I have money on my checking account. I tried to withdraw but Non of the card work. Two weeks later, I received a cashier check from Wells Fargo. No letter or what so ever. I called the bank and asked why. I was told they closed my account. I worried a bit because my paycheck was direct deposit. I was told not to worry, because they denied the direct deposit and that I have to talk to my employer. Wells Fargo employees cannot give me an answer why they closed my account and that all they know my account is closed.

Comment (0)

I had a checking account with large deposits during a certain time of year, the first 6 months of the year and my balance was over 3,000 monthly. I used my account mostly to pay monthly bills and ATM cash withdrawals. In July 2016 my account was overdrawn an I knew it should not have been and upon further inspection of my account there were several unauthorized charges made but my account was still not what I knew my balance should have been. In August I received a notice from a company that I did business with advising that my account information attached to my debit card was compromised and it went back for over a year before the company realized that customer info was breached.

So I looked back further at previous transactions and found several more unauthorized charges and I disputed the charges and even provided the notice I received from the company about the data breach and length of breach. A Wells Fargo employee took it upon themselves to include a transaction I didn't dispute and that transaction was used as basis to deny my claim because the transaction was determined to have been done by me. When I advised claims department that I didn't include the transaction I was told oh well they would not review my claim anymore and the denial would stand. Then I spoke with a manager in the resolution department named Carlos who claimed he would have an agent look into the matter and call me in a few days but no one ever contacted me.

What do you do when an employee commits fraud against one of your customers?

Comment (0)

Should be a negative star rating just for the CEO. I have been waiting for three months for a refi every one is on vacation all the time. Corporate head office spends too much passing the buck. They all say the same thing when asked about the delay.we work nights and weekends they say. I don't believe anyone has a clue what a hard day's work is at Wells Fargo they are too busy finding ways out of work and easier ways to scam the USA out of money.

Comment (0)

I was one of the peasants that you people raped in the housing crash of 2008. Now you give one of your executives 124 million dollars because she did a good job perpetuating your fraud. You should be ashamed of yourselves. This whole culture is based on lies and deception now and you people are a huge part of it. I hope it comes down on your heads!

Comment (0)

My Wells Fargo complaint is I open an account with a $50 deposit within 24 hours it was closed. I went to the bank to get my deposit back and was informed that I had a call 800 numbers after speaking to 6 different department each one blaming the other comes. Only to find out there was an account open project under my name in 2008. I thought I had fixed in 2010 now they're keeping my $50 and charging me 40 more for something that I had nothing to do need to know. Who can I talk to about my money and taking this damn project account out of my name?

Comment (0)

Tried to schedule to have a safety deposit box drilled on saturday sept. 10th the day was confirmed but not the time, repeated calls to the branch have not been returned. I am traveling from Maryland to Arizona and stopping in westminster colorado to empty the box, a special stop for me. All I want is the time to be there. The wells fargo branch is on 7401 federal blvd in westerminster I am leaving Md. on Thursday morning sept 8th to be in westminster on the 10th.

Comment (0)

I had a loan with Wells Fargo on a haul trailer and paid it off. After I paid it off they even sent me money back that I had overpaid. I did this just to make sure it was paid in full. Now I am getting billed for insurance on this bill and I have never had insurance with Wells Fargo. I had insurance with another company on the trailer I had financed with Wells Fargo. They will not listen on the phone and I even sent the papers proving I had insurance to no avail. Why do they keep billing me? I know if I do not pay it this will go against my credit. What a scam and extortion.

Comment (0)

Wells Fargo adjusted my accounts back to my satisfaction. One day after I posted my complaint with Hissing Kitty.

Comment (0)

I have visited different Wells banks four times, in an effort to update my mailing address for hard copy statements. I still do not receive statements, although very polite and enthusiastic employees find me on the computer, and assure me the needed data has been entered.In another vein, Wells has stopped including envelopes with their invoice for my monthly mortgage statement. No explanation, no marketing effort to demonstrate respect for the customer. No community building, by promising to donate the cost of their saved envelopes to local charities. No notice of any kind whatsoever. How disrespectful.

Comment (0)

I go to Wells Fargo in Pendleton Oregon every day during the week for my work deposit and the manager (Judi Owens) at this location is horrible. She has a hard time understanding the simple job of a deposit most days. She also has some of the worst customer service skills ever! I had on a Star Wars t-shirt one day and she gave me a disgusted look on her face and said "really? Star Wars? You would really wear that in public?" I find this comment very unnecessary and rude.

I don't care who likes and doesn't like Star Wars but common sense says you keep your mouth shut either way. After talking with another Wells Fargo employee I found that she had told one of her employees that this employee is fat and that she should lose weight. I can't even begin to explain how dreadful that is! I am appalled that Wells Fargo would allow a person like this to move up to management level.

So, I checked online and found email address for Wells Fargo executives and emailed all of them. If you want to do the same, here they are: Howard.I.Atkins@wellsfargo.com, James.M.Strother@wellsfargo.com, Richard.D.Levy@wellsfargo.com, Mark.C.Oman@wellsfargo.com, and David.A.Hoyt@wellsfargo.com.

Comment (0)

I have three checking accounts with Wells Fargo. One of them has a lot of automatic debits every month. It went into overdraft three times in a row so I put in extra deposits three times and wondered where my money was going.After checking with the local bank branch. I was told that over $5300. was deducted from my checking account for an automatic payment on my line of credit. This paid off the line of credit. It was supposed to only pay $40. minimum every month. They told me it was changed online probably by me.

I replied that I don't bank online, nor is it even set up. They figured they must have made the mistake. The first banker that I went to claimed to have it fixed. One month later it still wasn't. So I went to the branch that set up my line of credit. That manager got a hold of the line of credit person and when asked why the first banker did not get it fixed, she said, "well, that was only a request, not a demand." I was told it would take another month to fix. I still don't have the $5300. back and there was about half of it charged to my credit card. It is now over five weeks.

Comment (0)

I went to Wells Fargo this morning and I wanted to do a cash advance and the guy told me he couldn't do it bc it was the exact amount and I have never have had any problems doing cash advance. He told me that I needed to go to another bank and I m a customer at wells Fargo for a long time. I m vey disappointed bc I am a loyal customer and I m not going to go to another bank to get money if I have an account with Wells Fargo.The bank I went to is the one in Mitchell Bridge Road. They supposed to help people and I try to call and the lady put me in hold.

Comment (0)

1-800-869-3557 customer service for Wells Fargo is rude. They will ask you way too many questions not to be the claim department. Never get what you filed, funds never and up. And most importantly, why would you have to enter your pin for card to check your savings or checking with world wide customer service?

Comment (0)

I had one of the worst customer service experiences today at a Wells Fargo location in Austin, TX. The address of this particular bank is 2028 E Ben White Blvd. I arrived at the bank around 11:05 or 11:10 (if memory serves me correctly). I added my name to the list of people requesting to see a personal banker before making a withdrawal up at the front with a teller. The teller was extremely helpful and efficient. When she asked if she could assist me with anything else, I told her I needed to speak with someone about my savings account. She asked if I had put my name on the list, to which I responded with a yes, and she told me someone would be with me shortly.

There were only 1 or 2 names before mine on the list. The lobby was under construction, so I milled about for a few minutes. Then, I waited in the doorway between the bank and the building's lobby for a few minutes as well. There were 2 parties waiting out in the chairs of the lobby of the building. When they were called back, I went and sat in the vacant chairs. I kept an eye on the 2 personal bankers at their desks to ensure I didn't miss my name being called. The lady who seemed to be the manager was greeting people as they walked in, about 3 feet away from where I was sitting. I made eye contact with her multiple times. Time passed. After about 20 minutes, I began to get impatient. I got up, went into the bank's lobby and made a point to check the list to see if my name had mistakenly been crossed off. The manager was right behind me as I did this.

There was a female personal banker who appeared to have no client in her office and was making small talk with the manager as I was sitting a few feet away, CLEARLY looking for someone to help me. More time passed. A man came in and the manager quickly went over and asked if all his needs had been met. And continued to ignore me. MORE time passed. Finally, the male banker had finished up with the couple he was working with, and I was sure he would go to the list, call my name, and it would finally be my turn. He got up, milled around the lobby, talked to the manager, and went back to his desk. The list was never looked at. I was never acknowledged or asked if I needed assistance. My name was never called.

A man entered the bank and wrote his name on the list. The male banker quickly jumped up, went over to him, and told him to come back to his desk so he could assist him. After I had been waiting for nearly FORTY minutes at this point, I was fed up and refused to wait any longer, be blatantly ignored by the manager, and come second to customers who had just arrived. I got up, scratched my name off the list (which apparently none of the bankers know how to use) and told the manager I could not wait ANY longer. She proceeded to tell me that she "didn't see me over there", which is hard to believe since we made eye contact many times, and she seemed to have no problem "seeing" customers leave and enter just a few feet from where I was sitting for almost an hour.

I've been with Wells Fargo for almost 7 years and I am normally very satisfied with their customer service. However, I felt incredibly disrespected by and irritated with my experience today. I highly doubt I will ever be returning to that branch again, as I can't afford to waste my time while management chooses to ignore waiting customers. I know there is nothing you can really do about an upset customer. However, as someone who used to work in customer service, I would NEVER want my customers to feel the way I do right now. I hope that branch and its manager learn how to treat all customers equally and ensure that no one has to wait for forty minutes without being helped (or at the least: acknowledged).

Comment (0)

I read with great displeasure of Wells Fargo decision to support one political parties convention and not the other. While you may find a candidate holds views and beliefs contrary to your own, the convention is much more than a single candidate. If your decision to only support one party stands I will give serious consideration to pulling my business and investments now managed by Wells Fargo and find a more politically neutral bank.

Comment (0)

I’ve been in Wells Fargo in Miami, Florida on April, 8th 2016 and asked them how to open an account. I was very clear about not living in US and asked more than once if I would have any problem to use my account from abroad. The customer sales representative and the manager at the time told me that living outside US should not result in any problem. What happened is, when I was back home, I receive a message from Wells Fargo telling me that my credit card was sent more than 30 days so I should ask to cancel my card and request to send me a new one. For that, I should update my account address information and call customer service, so I start to do so.

And I’ve been calling since then, and they keep telling me that I CANNOT REQUEST A NEW CARD or even have online access to my account to request a new one without providing some information from my debit card – the same one, automatically cancelled and that they don’t have enough information about my profile to check my identity. I received the card 2 days after the first call, but the card was already cancelled. It was just a post service delivery delay. It has been a nightmare. All the money that I have transferred to Wells Fargo is blocked, I am not able to do anything with the money without a card. I will not keep transferring my money monthly until this problem is solved. I contacted the Service Representative by email and called many times ( 9 times so far) all the 800 phone numbers available and they’ve told me that I can only solve this problem if I go to US and go to a WF branch to personally identify myself.

It is important to say that when I opened the account I provided all the required documents and I have been told that there would not be any problem concerning identity and/or personal details in the future.
I am not planning to go to US. I live in the Middle East and I have a very tight work schedule and because of that, I am trying to get another solution other than take the first flight available to go to US (which would cost US 1,419.00 only for the ticket!)

Comment (0)

I am one of your Wells Fargo customers, who have a report to make about one of your manager employees. Today, I came in to talk about my account to explain a few things. I asked her was there a way for me to stop someone from pulling out of my account so it wouldn't make my account negative, and she told me, "there was no way I could stop them." "If I owe them money, that they're going to get their money!" (Which was rude.) So then, I asked "IF I wanted to cancel my account, how would I go about with that?" She told me, what I had to do. So, I asked her another question, (about my account became in the negatives) and she wasn't quit being patient with me and was misunderstanding what I was asking her. So she rudely told me to "bring in my 109 and cancel my account!"

Which wasn't right of her to raise her voice and tell me to cancel my account. Then, I asked was there a manager or someone else I could talk to and she said " I AM THE MANAGER!" There's no one else I could talk too. So I brought it to you guys, because canceling my account isn't what I wanted to do. I just wanted to fix a few problems and she gave me a really bad customer service experience. Her name is, Senitres Boyd, store manager

Comment (0)

This is not a complaint about customer service it is about community responsibility. I live in Canon City, Colorado and have been a customer of Wells Fargo since 1974 and was an employee in Denver for 24 years. The main branch of Wells Fargo on Main Street in Canon City has a small plaza next to it that is part of the bank property. It has two small fish ponds, a statue, and several planted areas. To be frank, it is disgusting! The ponds are filthy, there is trash all over, and there is even a manhole that is broken that could easily severely injure someone. These small communities are trying to revitalize and improve economically and this eyesore on Main street is not helping. Quite frankly, it would not take much money to clean up this area and maintain it for the enjoyment of the tourists and community. Please address this with the local management in Canon City. It would go a long way in improving the image of the branch here.

Comment (0)

I called the credit card department about fraud on my account. I was confused to why the amount of the fraud was on my credit card with no hold on it. The way this male representative talked to me referring to me as not remembering things was very rude. I had done everything I was told except I misunderstood about the procedures this fraud was attempted and my checking account not being cancelled. I thought Wells Fargo was canceling it out for me, but he told me I have to close it at Wells Fargo Bank. At the time of the fraud I was under a lot of stress dealing with the death of my daughter in-law and I find his remarks very insulting. I have been a customer of Wells Fargo for numerous years without any complaints until now. I did and I am doing everything explained to me at the time of the fraud.

Comment (0)

Dear Mr. Stumpf, I am very upset with the wrong information I received from one of your Personal Bankers. The gentleman's name is Corey Hudson, who works at your Willingboro NJ Branch, I am a retiree from Wachovia Bank for 22 years of service and in my years there we ALWAYS treated our clients with the correct information and ALWAYS returned hone calls to our clients. I visited the bank because our Kennedy Branch was closed and I wanted
my sons names put on my safe deposit box in the event they could go and get necessary papers for me. At the Kennedy branch they had access but there signature cards were not forwarded to the Willingboro branch. I was informed by Mr. Hudson that all my sons needed to do was go to a branch in Delaware and Pittsburgh to sign a new card with their ID.

My son in Delaware went to a branch in Middletown, DE and was told I had to bring my son here to New Jersey to fill out a new application and a also my son in Pittsburgh. I am a widow and I need my sons names on my box.
Your manager in Delaware was very nice and said I received the wrong information in your Willingboro. I call the branch today 5/7/16 and spoke with Mr. Hudson and ask him to give a message to his manager to please return my call before end of business today, Raman Kaur, manager and she did not call me. When I worked for the bank our manager always said to return phone calls to our clients. I would truly like to get this resolved for my state of mind. I am quite sure if you were a widow and your children were not close by you would want for them to be able to take care of their parents business in the event of death. I would appreciate your help this this matter and I thank you for your time.

Your employees at the Willingboro Branch need more training in professionalism and good customer service. I thank you again.

Comment (0)

So I received a debit card for my checking account. However the card was broken in two during mailing. So I tossed the card into the bottom of a drawer and ordered a replacement. Several months pass. I find that I am getting charges to my account from India. I start checking and I find that the card being used is the one which is broken, never activated nor used in the bottom of the drawer where I put it.

I go to the WF bank and they blame me for not being careful about using my card. After I show the card to the teller his mouth fell open. As I told him about the card being broken on shipment to me, never used, never activated. Several employees are looking at the card, still with the call this number sticker to activate. I am chastised for not being careful about charges. Its all my fault that someone in the WF bank activated and used or sold the card information. I caught them. WF Bank employees are activating and using the cards or selling card information. They dropped the charges from the card. I closed my account and have gone to a much better credit union.

This is the third time in only a few years that my cards were compromised and I never could find out how or where. Now I know and Wells Fargo bank is not the place to put your money. I try to let everyone know that I can. Check out the complaints about any given bank or credit union before trusting them with your information. Above all, run don't walk away form WF Bank.

Comment (0)

My Wells Fargo Credit Card was stolen recently and was used twice without my approval. I called Wells Fargo to report the illegal use of my card. My problem was that I had to give the same identification information 4 times to 4 different people before anything was resolved. That took approximately 30 minutes to accomplish a task that should have been resolved within minutes. Why should I have to repeat myself with the exact same information 4 times? Surely, the computer system that Wells Fargo uses is sophisticated enough to transfer information to the proper office without having to repeat myself 4 times as I was transferred from office to office.

Lastly, the last person I talked to wanted to know if someone else was in the room. There was, but your employee then rudely began some tirade concerning privacy. I had given permission for my friend to overhear the conversation. My friend then took the telephone and explained to the 4th person that a simple task of reporting the fraudulent use of my card had become a "comedy of errors." Finally, the problem was resolved, I hope. II would hope that a better system could be established to make for easier business undertakings.

Comment (0)

I would like to report the impolite attitude and terrible customer from the operation Supervisor and the Teller and that I have received at 9550 Bolsa Ave Well Fargo Bank branch in Westminster on 3/18/2016 at 5:30PM when I tried to make a deposit into my checking with $1,000 in half dollar coins that have been wrapped nicely in the coin wrap (the coins came from my piggy bank). I stopped by this branch since I am on the way to Bolsa. First, the male teller asking me to wait for the approval from his supervisor to see if he can accept the coins, then later one of the teller associate came with him to the window and told me that their supervisor can only allowed for one time favor to accept deposit of $200 as max for coin, unless I do have business account with the bank.

The teller clarified with me that this is the bank policy, there is nothing she can do. I asked her if there is any restriction in deposit with paper money, she respond "NO". I also have explained to them that this is only one time deposit, and I do not routinely deposit coins, so I need their help to make an exception but they continue to refuse to take coins in. I was frustrated and disappointed, so I took the coins back home. To validate the Bolsa teller response in regard of Wells Fargo bank deposit policy, I called another branch in Murrieta nearby my home, asking them if they can accept the $1000 coins deposit, and they said there is no problem as long as they are in coin wrapping paper.

I would like to address my concerns with Wells Fargo bank for coin deposit policies and the misleading statement from Bolsa branch. As a PMA and value customer with Wells Fargo for quite some time, I felt that I was not treating fairly and misleading by the operational supervisor and the tellers at Bolsa branch when I got different answer of coin deposit from another Wells Fargo branch.

I like to be advised the followings from Wells Fargo Bank. Why did Wells Fargo bank discriminate of receiving coin for deposit? Aren’t coins also money? If Wells Fargo exchange coins for customer, why does bank not get the coins back? The bank is the largest institution to circulate money in society, by discriminating in accepting coin the bank has limited the customer deposits and make it difficult for customers to dispose their coins. Overall, coins came from bank when customer do exchange. I am not sure if this has violating federal regulations? Why were there discrepancies in policy of coin deposit between branches? How does Bolsa branch can come up with different policy than other Wells Fargo branch? Or is this one of many discourteous, ruthless customer services that Bolsa branch has been treating customers?

Comment (0)

Wells Fargo refused to expedite a new debit card for me. I have no access to funds for use to purchase gas, groceries, cash through the ATM machine etc. I cannot visit a local branch as my work hours do not accommodate those hours. I offered to pay an expedite fee and they still refuse saying I should take off of work to get a card. I will be pulling all 5 of my accounts and my 20 year relationship with Wells Fargo as they are nothing but money hungry hogs. They want new business, new accounts, new loans every time I walk in the door but can't perform a single customer service request to accommodate me?

Comment (9)

On March 5th 2016 I called well Fargo phone line assistance to have one of my debit card reissue. Well Fargo for some unknown reason had cancelled one of my debit card so I called in order to have the card reissued but after hold on for more the 15' my call was passed to a customer service named Claudia she was very rude. After asking several ridiculous questions then she ask whether I remember the date of my last transaction - how a person can remember when the card was rarely used, she can see that too - and she then hang up on me when I said how can I remember.

So I call back after giving an active debit card even giving the pin number and I reached a customer service name Maria she asked my first and last name I did give my name the same as the first time but this time Maria said I did not give her the information same as her information so she had refused to help me. Is this conspiracy between those to customer services to give me hard time ? Or they forgot their job is giving the customer their best effort to help a customer? We are Well Fargo customer sine 1983 and I was treated badly. one should wonder how Well Fargo customer service would treat it's other customers when they are in need of help like me. I can't recall any other banks have this awful customer service.

Comment (0)

I had a question about being charged an excessive activity fee in my saving account while having over $500 in there and also being denied to make the actual transaction to my checking account. I spoke to "Abby" who was unhelpful and later transferred to supervisor "Mark", and then he chuckled, said hello, and then hung up. After calling again I spoke to "Gale" for 3 seconds before she complained of not hearing me rushed her ending speech and then hung up. Im an not racist in any way as I also ethnic, but the fact is this is a complaint and the truth demeanor of everybody I was connected to was young, hispanic females with an attitude, except for "Mark" who was a young hispanic guy doesn't take things serious.

Comment (0)

Been a customer when they purchased my previous bank. Always wells Fargo seemed okay, few dealings were taken care. But God forbid you run into hard times, the friendly neighborhood bank turns into your worst nightmare. Nobody loves having difficult times, our life took a hard turn and we were struggling to stay afloat. This lead us to file bankruptcy, very low point but we needed and had to go this direction. Had my first disrespectful phone call but was able to work it out, 3 months later struggling to pay mortgage and utilities. Wells Fargo decides to yank out the only 500 dollars I had in account. Never telling me in anyway just took it leaving me with one dollar to pay weekly bills.

Never in my life would I think a bank can not only do that but treat you with the rudest people ever. Hardship is not enjoyable in any means, we are stressed and disappointed but getting by. The only thing that makes it bearable is people that understand and have compassion. Wells Fargo has none, we are leaving and finding a bank that cares. We are not fortunate like the executives at your bank but we are people. We work our whole life to get everything pulled out. We will overcome this and will be happy using a new bank. Why must your bank think being a bully and kicking someone who stayed true with wells Fargo. I may be small and not worth your time but I believed in your bank.

Comment (0)

Today afternoon I went to this bank and want to put my money order in the card. I asked one staff where the ATM is. She told me do this in the desk. Ok I was waiting. Then it is my turn and the operator who let me sign. Because the owner is my wife,so I don't signature. But I asked where is the ATM and I want to use that. Because I do the same thing last time on the machine.

I came out and let my wife sign on it. Then waiting for the machine.In the end I found the ATM don't provide the service. Now the bank is closed. I am very angry and asked the women. She told me that she don't know whether the ATM has the service and her attitude was bad impatient. I wasted lots of time and got more angry. Maybe I had the Asian face and maybe I should leave the freedom state.

Comment (0)

On 02/11/2016 I cashed a check for $3179 and requested cash back of $1079 and the cash back amount is short by $300. I had this money to pay my bills that is due on the 22nd of February and to celebrate my birthday which is the 20th of February so the money was not counted until the 20th of February when I notice the cash back amount was short $300.The cash missing from the cash back amount is 2 - $100 bills and 5 - $20 bills. I called the local bank here and spoke with Trinity. The tone of her voice was not reassuring. She checked the teller transactions for that day and stated she was not over or short for that day. I've been with Wells Fargo for a few years and never got a cash back receipt with the breakdown of the cash given back to me.

That was a red light for me when I started counting the cash. I would like someone outside of the branch to investigate this transaction because it takes to people to count and verify the cash drawers for the tellers. I hold on to all my receipts for this type of reason and mistakes. There was time from Feb 11th to Feb 20th to contact me of the mistake that was made on the teller behalf and this didn't happen. From now on I will check my cash before leaving the bank whether inside or through a drive thru window. I'm waiting to hear back Monday from Wells Fargo Branch #0006727 9 and if I'm not refunded back by $300 I will be moving on to another bank.

Comment (0)

A check was written to Wells Fargo for $8,067.67 (which looks like a forged signature) on 10/6/2015 AND a cashier's check for $21,378.84 on 10/7/15. I need to know why this money was withdrawn from the account. I have power of attorney for my mother's account. I'm writing this complaint on her behalf. She deposited a cashier's check for $10,000 on 10/2/15 and the above checks were written 4 & 5 days later. Please help me open an investigation and find out the whereabouts of almost $29,000 of my mother's money. Customer service has been a joke!

Comment (0)

My 92 year old mother has repeatably been denied access to her security box she has been told many times to wait a few minutes and those wait have been over an hour. No progress has been made she leaves in frustration please remedy this A.S.A.P. It's hard for her to drive down there and she pays rent on the box.

Comment (0)

On December 5, I called your overseas collect call number (925-825-7600) from my temporary home in Thailand. My WF Visa credit card has an expiration date of 2016-01-31 and I wanted you to send the new one to my Thailand address, not my California address. The person I spoke with got my address here and said it would be taken care of. A couple of days later I received an email from you stating the card had been mailed out. Since I hadn't received the card by January 13, 2016 I called again and was told that a computer malfunction kept the new card from going out. That was an unlikely explanation but whatever. I gave my Thai address, again, and was assured the new card would be Fed-Ex'd out by the next day.

By the 19th I hadn't received the Fed-Ex so I called you, again. Same song: not sent yet and no explanation why. Gave my address, again, and was asked to wait a week for the sure-thing arrival of my new card. February 1, 2016: the card had not arrived (gasp!) so I called again. Same song: card was not sent and no explanation why. Gave my address, again, and I asked for a Fed-Ex tracking number. I was told it had not been generated yet but I could get it in a couple of days. Oh, how I tingled with happiness: my problem was as good as solved.

February 3, 2016: can you imagine how surprised I was when told the card had not been sent? I'm shocked ... shocked!! Of course, no reason was given. This call was just full of surprises. The rep asked for my address, again, and I gave it, again. I asked for the tracking number and was told, of course, it hadn't been generated and to give it a day. February 4, 2016: oh, sorry, it hadn't been sent yet. What's that address again? Okay, we'll send it out right away. Call back tomorrow for the tracking number. (Was a pattern developing?)

February 5, 2016: I called, again, hoping to get the Fed-Ex tracking number. The person I talked to said it was not available and could not confirm that the card had been sent out. I was advised to call back the next day to get the tracking number. February 6, 2016: I called, again, hoping to get the Fed-Ex tracking number. The person I spoke with (Kimberly) told me, big surprise, the card had not been sent; reason unknown.

She asked me to give her my address in Thailand, again, which I did, again. She suggested I call again in a few days to get the tracking number. Noteworthy in this conversation is that I remembered speaking with Kimberly sometime in the past few calls. Same voice, same accent, same name. When I mentioned this she denied it and claimed her name was not in the log of any of my prior calls. I don't know how, or if, a rep's name is entered in the call log but, when she said we hadn't spoken Kimberly told me a lie.

February 9, 2016: I spoke with a rep named Sheila. She told me there was no tracking number (big surprise) so I asked to speak with a supervisor and was connected to Eugene. Eugene told me that they never got tracking numbers for Fed-Ex shipments which I find doubtful but why would anyone at Wells Fargo lie to me? Anyway, he put me on hold while he tried to find out if the card could be sent. I was on hold for 10 or 15 minutes when I got disconnected. I called back and spoke to a supervisor named Carey. She put me on hold and came back with he news that the card was going to be sent out soon and that I should call back in 3 hours to get the tracking number. I decided to wait 24 hours.

February 10, 2016: I spoke with a supervisor named Colin. He put me on hold and came back saying he had a tracking number. After giving me the first 2 digits ("30") I was "mysteriously" disconnected. I called back and spoke with a supervisor named Misty. Misty told me there was no tracking number yet and could not confirm that the card had, or had not, been sent. I was a bit exasperated at that point and asked what I could do to get that confirmation. Her priceless advice was to wait, though she couldn't tell me how long that wait should be.

Two months and five days: still no card. The Wells Fargo Clown Car is here to help. I've clearly been lied to, at least several times during this sorry saga. It also appears that WF has adopted the same contempt toward customers that Bank of America is famous for.

Comment (0)

Complaining about disability service and access at the Wells Fargo on 3rd Ave in Chula Vista, CA out of San Diego County. They have no parking in front of the bank and suggest you go around the side with pathetic arrows.

Comment (0)

I have made about 5 trips to Wells Fargo to assist my Brother who is intellectually disabled to pay his monthly room and board. Wells Fargo charges 10% for bank check, so we tried to get this set up for auto payment. We were told that we could not do that since he has a savings account and not a checking account. We were told that I can transfer the money using sure-pay. I was not able to get the code on my phone so I had to call customer service. Customer service required that I come in and get added to the account. I did this in January. I am still not able to transfer funds for his room and board payment, because for some reason his account can not receive codes electronically. The Wells Fargo customer service is automated and is only a recording.

I was on hold for 1/2 hour and had to hang up and call back multiple time. On the phone for over one hour on hold. I am sure they will tell me to come into the bank again. My brother does not read or write and has a severe speech impediment. I have a power of attorney which gives me the legal right to assist him. If my brother didn't have his social security automatically deposited to Wells Fargo, I would insist that he switch banks. Wells Fargo has the worst customer service ever, and charges fees for everything to the people who can least afford it. I will call back on Monday. The session timed out on my computer 5 times and my battery is going dead on my phone. I bank with Citibank and SDCCU. Both have excellent customer service, Wells Fargo just steals you money.

Comment (0)

I am sending this on the behalf of my 78 year old mother. She was recently forced to resign from her post as Church treasurer based upon a call or calls to a church member who is listed on one of the church's other accounts. Her pastor stated that there had been too many calls from the Turner Drive Wells Fargo Bank employee in Reidsville, NC. I do not know what the employee stated. I was appalled to hear this. When did bank employees start calling customers? Where is the compassion for a customer, who is a little old lady trying to hold on to something that gives her substance and value to be knocked down in front of her church members and Pastor. What could she have been doing? On the other side of things was she at danger of being robbed by carrying the deposit? If so why was she not given the opportunity to have been talked to in private conversation by the Bank Manager? Her name is Anna Brown and she has been a long time customer and she was the church treasurer for Camp Spring United Methodist Church for the last approximate 15 years. She is truly humiliated as a result of the actions of a Bank employee. Please investigate into this matter and I ask for a response to this issue and your findings.

Comment (0)

Wells Fargo Virginia call center received a call from Maffrietta Silk, an unhappy customer, on January 5, 2016 @ 2 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. Zahra took my call. I closed my Account 2712698774 for poor service, unjust declines in Michigan from November to December 2015 ; while vacationing and dealing with family issues. They owe me money for unjust overcharges. Furthemore, another problem arose: a SSI deposit not returned to the Social Security Office. SSO, Danielle-40G89 placed a trace on the check because Wells Fargo never return the check. Finally, can Wells Fargo be investigated for its banking activities for my account?

Comment (0)

I just read the article in the mpls trib about your photo bombing. What a pathetic attempt for attention. Why would anyone want to do business with a crybaby company like you? I'm sure a lot of people feel just like me. You can take your bank and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Comment (0)

I made an $18,500.00 payment on my personal line of credit on December 15th. As of December 22 the payment was not posted. They could not give me any information over the phone so I went to the branch. The result: Wells Fargo would hold the payment for an additional 10 business day before it would be posted. If that is Wells Fargo policy that information should have been made clear when I made the payment. I need to make several tax payments before year end and Wells Fargo customer service will not refund or post the payment. A three week hold on a payment is unheard of. I have been a Wells Fargo customer for 20 years. Thank you Wells Fargo and goodbye.

Comment (0)

I just had the very unfortunate experience of doing business with Wells Fargo Bank. I was given a check from my previous landlord. This check was for $3142 as reimbursement for my security deposit and incidentals. When Frank handed me the check I requested a cashiers check instead and he assured me that he had sufficient funds in the account to cover that check and that if I ran over to any Wells Fargo branch they would cash it for me with no problem.

Well I'm here to tell you there was a problem. The problem was that after standing in line, then being moved to a personal banker, then waiting for the check to be verified, then coming back into line, I was told that there would be a $7.50 charge. I asked why and was told that as a non Wells Fargo account holder, I am charged $7.50. This is outrageous and insulting, who I assume is a valued customer. and to myself, a previous Wells Fargo customer (who was actually considering opening up another account with Wells Fargo, but wouldn't consider it at this point in time after this experience).

To continue with the story, I notified Frank and told him that I am being charged to cash his check and he replied that "they shouldn't charge anything!". I discussed this with the manager, who informed me that it's simply policy and that she wished it weren't so because she gets a number of complaints about this policy. I asked her to waive the fee and she says she could not. I expect that in one fell swoop Wells Fargo alienated one very good customer and one potential new customer.

Comment (0)

I am looking to do my banking elsewhere due to the rudeness and unprofessional service that was rendered to my wife today while I was at work. It is absolutely unbelievable how poor Wells Fargo Service has become. My wife went thru the drive thru of the Wells Fargo location at 5284 Providence Road, Virginia Beach, Virginia. On many prior occasions, my wife and I both have made deposits via the drive thru without filling out a deposit slips and having the account numbers at our finger tips.

This has never been a problem. Today, my wife went thru the drive thru with my two kids in the vehicle and attempted to make deposits. The teller thru the drive thru told my wife that she had to have account numbers and deposit slips in order to do the transactions. My wife asked for someone to help so the teller finally got her manager. The manager seemed to want to fix the problem; however, when it was all said the done, the manager did not solve the problem and cashier's check was never cashed. Even though the manager Tammy Green attempted to help, she did the transaction wrong and refused to fix the problem. My wife was instructed to go in the bank to get these issues resolved.

My wife had to park, take the kids out of the vehicle and go inside to get the transaction done. Having entered the store, the teller smirked at my wife and decided she would wait on my wife even though she had failed to help. My wife refused for that teller to help and requested for an experienced teller to help her. to which the teller rudely and arrogantly replied, that she would have her manager help. The manager accused my wife of yelling at the teller and scaring all of the tellers to the point that they did not want to speak with my wife. Also, she had my wife enter her office and proceeded to tell my wife that she was setting a bad example in her bank and that she needed to stop, etc. My wife pointed out to Tammy Green that her teller had smirked and not acted the right way; the manager replied that she would talk to the teller; but obviously, she was more concerned in lecturing my wife than ensuring excellent customer service.

After all this, my wife left the store with a cashier's check still uncashed and time wasted. I am absolutely appalled by the service she received and will be switching banks very soon. As a side note, both the manager and teller should be disciplined for their actions. If I were to treat customers that way where I work, I would be fired.

Comment (0)

I would like to submit a complaint against a telephone customer service representative named Joshua, or Josh, at Wells Fargo Bank. I am an assistant at RBC Wealth Management, a financial advisory firm. We have a mutual client with Wells Fargo that has a 529 plan with Scholar's Edge. We were assisting this client in setting up ACH access for easier distributions from the 529 plan. This requires an application for ACH accompanied by a voided check from the financial institution. The client has a checking account with Wells Fargo but no checks. The client went a Wells Fargo location to ask for an ACH form, and he was provided with a form that could be filled in rather than pre-printed. This form was rejected by Scholar's Edge because it was not pre-printed.

On December 7, 2015, I called 1-800-869-3557 at 1:05pm MST. This was the customer service number found on the ACH form from Wells Fargo that was rejected by Scholar's Edge. I wanted to ask what else was available from Wells Fargo for ACH setup, so that we could instruct our client to ask for this specific information when he went to Wells Fargo. I did not ask for any account information, nor did I give Josh our client's name. I asked him for general information applicable to all Wells Fargo customers. Josh told me to have the client call in himself for the information.

I explained to Josh that our client had already done that and was given a form that was rejected, and we wanted him to know what, specifically, to ask for. Josh refused to tell me anything other than he could only talk to a customer with a valid account, and he could not answer any "hypothetical" questions. I asked him if I could speak to someone else, and he refused to transfer me. He told me that he did not see the point in transferring me to someone else for a question he "already answered." He told me to call back if I wanted the information. I told him that he did not answer my question, and I informed him that I was going to file a complaint against him. He would not give me his last name, but he gave me the address, which I'm not sure is valid, but I will mail this complaint to as well.

Still needing the information, I did call the same number back at 1:13pm MST and reached a representative named Maurice. I asked Maurice the same question and he immediately gave me some options. He said the client could ask for a pre-printed form or he could ask for a temporary check, available for a small fee. Maurice was intelligent, accommodating, and friendly. Josh was difficult, rude, and has horrible customer service skills. He is in desperate need of coaching. If the attitude I received from Josh was the norm at Wells Fargo, the company would go out of business. However, it's great representatives like Maurice that give the company a good reputation. If possible, I would like a response to this complaint. Ideally, Josh will receive the coaching that he needs, and is held accountable for his performance as a customer service representative.

Comment (0)

Today (11/25/2015), it was requested of me to personally pick up my paycheck from the parent company of a job where I have been working part-time for over two (2) years. Because the location was out of the area where I live (Oakland, California), I decided to try a Wells Fargo branch near the parent company of my employer. The service I received was so bad it is totally beyond words. Weekly I go to a branch to cash my paycheck, present my ID and Credit Card, but today, the teller insisted that the check be "reviewed" by the Wells Fargo branch manger before she could cash it. Please note, that the check was in my name, and the amount was not extremely large ($400), but they forced me to wait and when I voiced my complaints I was treated as if my feeling did not matter.

I realize that I do not have an account with Wells Fargo (although I was considering opening one prior to this) but that does not mean I should not be treated with respect. Also I am not sure, but it seemed to me that I was being judged because of my race (Black). I am a college (university) educated woman and feel that I should have been treated in a better manner. I called Customer Service and voiced this issue and was told that my complaint would "go on record". I indicated to her that I will following up to see if there are any other racially motivated complaints. I realize you get several complaints and that mine will really not make a difference; however, I felt that someone should know what is going on inside the branches.

Comment (0)

Every few days I have to reset my password due to Wells Fargo system's failure to recognize my current password. I know passwords are being entered correctly as they automatically default to sign in page. When this happens I cannot gain access even when I erase the defaulted passwords and reenter them manually, so I windup resetting my passwords every few days. I spoke to one of your representatives who wanted to verify my identity by asking security questions based on public records. For example: i was asked which was a correct current phone number. the actual answer was none but i recognized one number as a former phone number and GUESSED that public records showed it as a current number; otherwise I would have answered incorrectly. I had a similar experience with a credit card account with another company. Public records are not all that reliable!

Comment (0)

Mr. Scott Coble, can you please help my with this dilemma. (11-09-15) I entered the branch at 2500 NW 72nd Avenue, at 2:45 signed in. I saw the manager sitting at her desk talking to another staff person, When the person left, I ask to see her. She stated that as soon as she get one of the office workers, Well, she took the clipboard and walked around the bank for a good 10 minutes, touching things on the counters, looking in the different offices, completely ignoring me. Another man came up after me she directed him to what he needed. I saw that I wasn't going to be waited on so I left.

What I wanted to know from her was why Wells Fargo was holding over half of my deposit. I deposited 12,617.08 on the 4th of October, they said there would be a hold on the check I asked, why they said because the funding source changed banks. I have never heard of such a thing they released $5,000 on the 6th. and is holding the balance until the 16th if this month, I run a program and we have to pay bills, also payroll and they all will be late, and we will incur penalties. I need this issue resolved or I will have to do our banking elsewhere.

Comment (0)

Making a deposit using counter deposit slip, Wells Fargo drive through teller Mercedes Robertson rudely held up deposit slip and said "I can't read this" I said excuse me, she again rudely stated she "could not read this" holding up deposit slip. I asked for my item back and went into bank asking for the manager, was given service manager Nicole. She listened to me, asked what she could do and I said please make my deposit - which she was able to read the deposit slip. I also wanted the teller to apologize. Nicole came in with Mercedes and Mercedes rolled her eyes at me - said I was told to apologize and stormed out of the office. This was unacceptable to me and I was highly insulted. Still waiting for branch manager to call me as well. I too was a teller in that very same window when it was Wachovia, I would have never treated a customer with such disrespect. This teller will definitely drive customer service down in this branch, which I am planning on pulling our school Wells Fargo accounts and going to a bank that appreciates its customers.

Comment (0)

August 2015, I decided to start a checking account with Wells Fargo in Priest River, Idaho. At first everything was cool i even signed up for the online banking threw their web site. Anyway October 28 i logged onto their website to check out my info and see how everything looked. However i was in for a shock first thing i noticed was suspicious activity. Somebody had deposited a fraudulent check of $2400.00 in my name which was a shock my first thought this is serious I gotta go to the bank and let them know about this. I went to the bank and said everything that had happened however all i got was constant disrespect from the Bank Manager. Who kept saying i probably did that myself cause i am so slow, I don't remember doing it. My reply over and over again was "Why would i hack my own bank account, and even if i did i wouldn't be here right now i would be on the run." I was told i would probably not be able to have a bank account cause of what had happened so come back tomorrow.

So Next day i went back to the bank and dealt with more disrespect. I was asked questions such as 1. How long have i been on my own, 2. Do I live by myself, 3. What kinds of classes and grades did i get in School. My words were "Why do any of even questions even matter? I'm a lot smarter than i get credit for i have a very high IQ. Afterwards you can get a account again, my thought was good cause none of this is my fault at all. I received a primary debit card that i was supposed to throw away when the Temporary arrived. Next morning after i woke first thing i did was use my primary debit card to try to add $ to my phone so i could call and text. However 3 times it got denied. So i went down to the bank and asked "What is going on with this card you guys gave me yesterday it doesn't even work." Sir, You can't have an account here, plus we have to take your last $27.00 cause you are overdrawn. I signed some piece of paper and then threw away the card that doesn't even work.

Just cause someone hacks into my account i get punished over it. All i can say is i will tell everybody not to bank with them cause of the type of company they are, also the amount of xonstant disrespect i had to deal with. Very Very upsetting!

Comment (0)

I made a deposit to my checking account from another wells fargo account. I asked the teller to post it right then. Later on I found out my overdraft protection kicked in. The teller did not tell me the funds would not be available until tomorrow. I called the bank and got no help. I have been a wells fargo customer for years.account number 6768183664. Now I have cash advance fees. I am not happy.

Comment (0)

I have been trying to contact someone to help me get my vehicle lien release, but I cannot get any type of cooperation or even an indication of where or who to begin with. I tried the Wells Fargo online forum several times, then called the corporate office, then emailed support, Wells Fargo customer service, and never got any help and finally got frustrated and decided rather than be rude I would take a week to cool off and then try a different approach.

Comment (0)

I was at the 360 N. Capitol Wells Fargo Branch in San Jose Ca. trying to pay a mortgage payment for my niece. When I asked how much it is so I can write a check to pay I was treated in a very disrespectful manner. I was made to feel like I was trying to steal information when all's I wanted to do was pay a mortgage payment. I felt bullied by the back manager at that time I asked him for his card. This is how I learned his name. This Wells Fargo manager has little to no customer service skills. I run a facility for Veterans where there are 130 beds and I have to be respectful to these man and women who served our country. This manager would not be allowed to work with these Veterans with the behavior he displayed when dealing with me as a customer. I had to go to the the downtown office to make this mortgage payment where I was treated with dignity and respect. Thanks for hearing this complaint.

Comment (0)

I am appalled! Your website does not list the branch I opened an account. Had to call other branch to get number. They did not answer and forward my call to call center, they could not find my branch. I never received my card. Gave her my SS#, and she could not verify me. 27 minutes later I was pissed and ready to pull my money out off Wells Fargo due to the horrible customer service!

Browse reviews of other Banks

Have feedback for Wells Fargo?