Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Leo Bukowski
Jan 27, 2015 - Schertz, TX
Poor

First, a little background, I’m retired USAF Disabled Combat Veteran, after 20 years of service, I understand checklists. My wife has over 40 years of USAF Federal Service, she understands a checklist. Your checklist should be inclusive of the documents needed to accomplish the loan. Your underwriters should not be assuming or looking for ways to deny our loan. My loan was denied because your office was in three states and two time zones. It was further complicated by one office not fully cooperating or communicating within your organization. I suggested conference calls; however, my recommendation was never acknowledged. At least weekly, another document was asked for, which was already in the banks possession in one of the states. However, some documents like a birth certificate or passport was truly none of Wells Fargo business. Your underwriter used return read receipt on email; it displays a lack of trust, if I want a loan, I’m going to respond expeditious on each request, as we did. When a customer asks for a document, it should be furnished especially if the customer pays for it. Always an adversary, it took several calls and email to obtain a copy of our home’s appraisal. If underwriting requires secure email to protect me and slow the process, it is my issue and my risk. Underwriting doesn’t realize who the customer is; I pursued a supervisor phone and got a telephone number he never answered. I asked for a fast track and got the slow train. The loan process had an overshadowing, it was apparent Wells Fargo wanted the loan to fail. My wife Terry had to give an ultimatum to the underwriter a week before the closing date since the underwriter could not make up their minds on the loan. However this was not enough time to find another bank. It was apparent; the loan was delayed and the seller rightfully took $1,000.00 of earnest money for missing a closing date. Yes, the closing date was based on the advice of my realtor and the lender. Your representative, Jamie Huebner advised it was probably not enough time; in hind sight I wish Jamie would have been more assertive. I don’t understand why the conventional loan and the home equity loan were processed at the same rate. My FICO at the time was over 800 and my wife’s over 740. Wells Fargo held the original loan for the home equity. We have been a customer for over twenty years. Our income to debt was not an issue; however, it wasn’t an open and shut loan. My loan should have less than 4% or even 5%, not the amount you charged! I know I was promised a great interest rate and it wasn’t. I know I was promised 1/8th % for automatic withdrawal and it wasn’t written anywhere. When the home equity loan documents were signed the appraisal value was $20,000.00 less than of the official documented appraisal, which lowered the amount of the equity which could be withdrawn. While in a Wells Fargo loan officer’s office I called the underwriting department about the omissions, they had the audacity to ask me my “full name and date of birth” over the telephone in a Wells Fargo office! If your voice mail says “If I don’t get back to you today, I call by noon tomorrow.” When a call is not returned, the customer should be angry.

Have you had problems with Wells Fargo?

Compare Wells Fargo to Similar Banks more...

Top 140 Reviews about Wells Fargo

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Wells Fargo customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

My husband passed away 4 years ago. I was only 55 years old and he was only 58. I switched my IRA accounts to my name because I thought I had to. My financial advisor never advised me of the fact that I could have left the accounts in my husband's name to avoid the 10 percent penalty if I ever needed money.

Well now I need the money. I couldn't foresee 4 years ago that my adult son and my parents were going to be dependent on me. Also, home repairs added up - a new roof, new chimney liner, plumbing issues, electrical issues. My husband was handy and always took care of household repairs. All of these things combined, quickly used up my life insurance money.

I am just very upset that I was not advised at the time I switched my accounts. I need money now at 58 years old and I could have avoided that 10 percent penalty if I had left the accounts in my husband's name. I should have read the Motley Fool, but I was too busy caring for my dying husband.

Horrible

I have been trying to do a short sale for more than 2 years. This loan was transferred to an attorney office along with other loans apparently because there is litigation between Wells Fargo and a third party. If I call the bank, no one talks to me, and they refer me to the attorney's office.

It has been very difficult to work with the bank through this law firm; we have had more than three buyers that backed up from the deal because when everything was ready the bank came back and asked for a higher amount, or because we did not get a response from the bank and/or the law firm.

Wells Fargo does not want to work with us. We are trying to do the right thing and it is very frustrated when a bank does want to help and our hands are tide.

Horrible

I called Wells Fargo regarding when I would receive my new debit card, which expires, in Aug. She, Janice, was talking all over me. She just went on and on, with stuff that I never asked her about. I know my rights, and I have dealt with customers for over 30 years, with BBB, as a supervisor. Had I heard my employees talking with customers like she was, her job would have been in question, or in jeopardy. No one called me about amounts that was in questions on my debit card.

I called them about something totally different, She said had I not called, they would have temporary blocked my account, and I wouldn't have known why because, they failed to contact me. I am in Dr's care, and I am very upset, as I have other bank accounts that I deal with. I certainty do not need someone talking over me, like she knew it all, not giving me a chance to talk.

I question the training that you're supposed to give your workers, now that I have experienced this Janice's approach. Very upset with you and if need be, if someone does not contact me, and push it under the rug, I will contact someone else, higher.

Horrible

I made an appointment to open up a credit card/debit card on Monday May 4, 2015 at the Gardena Location on Redondo Beach Blvd. to get info about consolidating my credit. The girl that helped me, Maritza, said she would call me within 24-48 hrs. I waited and she never called me. I waited until Friday May 8, 2015 and finally called her. I left numerous messages not only on her voice-mail but with her manager.

I spoke to the manager and he said Maritza would call me the following day (Saturday) She never called me. I called back on Monday May 11 and he said he would call me back at 5:30 that is when I get off work. He never called me. I am getting frustrated that no one is helping me, giving me the run around.

I don't understand this poor customer service. If they can not help me they should let me know right away instead of wasting my time. I find it really upsetting and I will take me questions and need of help to another location. I just want to let this go noticed that this bad customer service and something should be done about it.

Horrible

I received my bill on 05/08/15. It showed my last month payment that I mailed on 04/20/15 was not posted and a $26.00 late fee was added to it. I checked my bank statement and the check had not gone thru. I went online right away and made the payment (that was 6 days late) plus the current month payment.

On Sunday (Mother's Day) I received FIVE Phone calls from Wells Fargo!!!! I explained the reason and said I had made a payment. FINALLY after the 5th call every half hour, the calls stopped. Well, MIRACULOUSLY, the next day my check that was sent in April was found by you and posted!!!!! Not sure how that was just FOUND the next day! Harassing phone calls on a Sunday for a payment that you must of lost in my file somewhere, plus a $ 26.00 late fee???? Really??

Horrible

Stopped at the bank around 2:45. (We remarked that there were no customers) went thru the drive to cash a 500.00 check in my account. There were two women working the desk and talking and talking ignoring a customer. We waited and waited, finally my husband rang the bell. I was asked for my debit card, as my drivers license was not enough. (A debit card doesn't have a picture ID ?) so I asked if my military ID would do.

Check cashed and we are leaving, I count the money and I'm 100.00 short, so we turn around and I go into the bank. Now I have to wait over twenty minutes for the woman to cash out to find her error. Now I'm late to were we had to be and I'm told, well we found the error and corrected it. I ask how much the check had to be before a second ID had to be given, I was never told an amount.

I have never had any problems at this bank before, the women always go out of there way to be friendly and helpful. Needless to say this was very upsetting and the looks were like I was not telling the truth. Someone behind the counter at the bank should know how to count!!!!! Been a customer over 20 years and never had a problem till yesterday.

Horrible

I am seeking information regarding the big news about Wells Fargo and accounts being opened in your name without your knowledge. I am very concerned about this because I have had issues before with people attempting to use my information and account info.

How can I be sure that Wells Fargo has not used my information and opened and closed accounts in my name? I have been banking a long time now with Wells Fargo for my mortgage account and I am in good standing. Please send me some information to confirm that my account is safe with Wells Fargo.

Horrible

Horrible customer service with online banking. Incompetent bankers…after long waits was told he would open a file to research where funds went that were transferred to my son's account which is also Wells Fargo. The funds never were transferred but were deducted from my account. After complaining about my frustration he hung up on me. So disappointed in Wells Fargo!

Horrible

I have been with Wells Fargo for over 25 yrs. I am currently unemployed and receive $1800 a month. Wells Fargo has charged me $1600 in overdrafts fees within the last 2 months. They have said they have worked with as much as possible, reversing 5 OD fees. There has been less then 5 times over the last 25 yrs I have requested this favor, all within the last 3 months.

I did get overdraft protection on my checking; however, what I thought was overdraft protection was not the same as what they offer. They set up a savings account and that is what they use for your overdraft. $1600, and I have rent, prescriptions and food to buy.

Colorado Unemployment funds are available on the Monday; however, Wells Fargo waits until Wednesday to post funds. Wells Fargo doesn't provide overdraft protection, their overdraft protection is the same as bounce check fees. Another big corporation making money off the poor!

Bad

My wife got talked into a WF Visa. Said it would pay 5% points redeemable in cash. The refused to tell her how to redeem points. Told her do it on line or the phone. They no longer have personal service. When we try to do something on the phone we usually are on hold for 1/2 hour. This is not the only complaint. This is just the straw that broke the camels back. If I listed all the complaints it would look like a book the size of war and peace. Pain in the but to switch banks but We are going to do just that.

Horrible

I have/had a condo in Delray Beach Florida. Do I still own it? I do not know as Wells Fargo representatives change weekly, and I can never get the same individual to assist me with inquiries. Palm Beach Property records still show me as the owner.

In February 2014, I began the process for a short sale of the condo I own which had/has a first and second mortgage with Wells Fargo. Total mortgages were $118K. Short sale was for $55K (cash buyer). The realtor, and short sale attorney both were in Florida and were never able to meet Wells Fargo's demands and always had yet another document request which I, living in NY, met in a timely manner (within 24 hours of every request).

Wells Fargo refuses to do business via email and that includes contact with the representatives of record. Additionally I had a tenant from hell who refused to let the bank officials in for an inspection and the short sale fell through in the 12th hour! After that 6 months of jumping through hoops Wells Fargo served me with foreclosure papers in July of 2014. I filed bankruptcy in August of 2014; Debts were discharged in November 2014...The tenant left in September, changing the locks on me.

Wells Fargo continues to send me work out options for the condo mortgages. When contact is made, the representatives tell me I am not legally responsible for the debt, however, I am responsible for the property until it is foreclosed! WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN? I have been locked out of the condo by the tenant from hell and was not able to access it to check the interior on a trip to Florida in February 2015.

I have asked the bank attorneys to let me know what to do and NO ONE RETURNS MY CALLS OR contacts me with any instructions. The firm that handled my bankruptcy basically took an exorbitant fee and apparently did not answer on my behalf a "motion" filed by Wells Fargo in July 2014 and I was noticed on this in January 2015...

I have repeatedly asked Wells Fargo to take the condo as I am not prepared to renegotiate any loans, and I have effectively (I thought) walked away from the property. I'm in limbo and have no idea what to do?

Bad

On April 28 2015, my parents arrived for a scheduled appointment with Annelyn Vitug at Wells Fargo located at 672 Battlefield Blvd Chesapeake, VA. My elderly Mother, confined to a wheelchair, had to use the restroom. I asked the teller where is the restroom? He said, we do not have a public restroom. Then a bank representative told me to take my mother across the street to Rite Aid. I pushed my mother across a busy street in a wheelchair to use the restroom.

How can your staff be so insensitive to an elderly person confined to a wheelchair? Your facility has handicap parking and ramps, but no restrooms?!?! The staff at Wells Fargo at 672 Battlefield Blvd Chesapeake, VA should be ashamed of themselves. How dare you send an elderly woman to another establishment to use the restroom. The experience was very humiliating to my parents.

Horrible

Every year I get notice from Wells Fargo that my mortgage is going up do to insurance or tax increase. It is never specific as to which went up. I found out neither has increased. I believe Wells Fargo is using a standard form letter just to increase payment. I have called to get the increase corrected and all I get is there is nothing you can do until next year when Wells Fargo access again. It is a circle of rip off with the only end is to get out of business with Well Fargo. I am currently research lawsuits against the company to put a stop to this.

Bad

I've waited 4 hours for an underwriter to finish my loan. The loan person inside Wells Fargo said it would take 15 min to look at it. I've been sitting in here for 4 hours and the guy is waiting for his auto loan check so I can receive the truck I am buying. Poor service on the other end. There needs to be a underwriter at every bank so things go smooth. This is a bad day if you see this asap help.

Bad

Wells Fargo charging customer for copies of checks. (check 21) this charging started on my accounts several months ago. Bank stop sending copies with monthly statement. When local bank (granada hills branch) was asked about this (surcharge for including this in statement now applies) $1.00 per month or per check - bank did not make this clear.
This just show how little corporations care about costumer service. I have had over a 20 year banking relationship with wells fargo. I would like justification -under check 21 law - California, how wells fargo can legally charge these fees. I will consider moving my funds to another bank, I also have maintained a balance of over twenty thousand dollars in your bank. (small amount - I know) I would rate this bank with an F- , if there was a lower score - wells fargo would get that from me.

Bad

I am not happy with this company. Everytime I need help, the people have an attitude. I was going to make a fraud complaint and the person was horrible. I at the point of going some where else.

Bad

I apply for my home improvement like home equity line of credit I hv two beautiful kids and my wife we live in one three bad room home 2008 I brought this house around 225000.00 now home value proximately 396000.00 i apply to long beach city to build a another three bad room top on home they approve me I have 14000.00 credit card bill house payment 1325.00 me and my wife we make almost 8000.00 month please just tell me y they declined me I'm Indian that's why or what and y they play game with me please if I tell u guys wrong call me my cell, thanks I'm nice person before I though Wells Fargo is good bank but now I know Wells Fargo bank not a helpful bank or they Don't know how to keep good customer or respect sorry to say that.

Bad

I was told that every time a customer was referred to Wells Fargo and they open an account with them, the person whom referred them would get a Visa gift card. Since I had referred them a new customer and they opened an account, now they are not giving out no such thing. I am very upset over this matter.

Horrible

What I am complaining about is that I have been buying a van financed by Wells Fargo for a number of years. I did get behind on a payment or two but was able to catch up my payments quickly. Talking first to Brenda Hess, the only one that could represent Wells Fargo in this matter. I counted down the payments until today when we called to verify this as the last payment. We couldn't talk to Mrs. Hess as she wasn't in so we spoke to DeAnn (the name she gave), and she verified that this was the last actual payment, but that we still owed a small late fee for the payment that we were delinquent on. This I had NO problem with. We made the payment as usual at the Bartlett TN. Branch and had it posted immediately.

When we returned, knowing that this may have not as yet reached your system since we were informed that after a payment post, it takes 3 to 5 days to get on your system, we called anyway being excited at the prospect of getting this paid off. However, now, one person says the we have 3 more payments, another says that they don't know, and this just keeps going back and forth. We then contacted the auto loan manager but he responded that he had no way of finding out anything. So he passed the buck and gave us the phone number right back to where we started.

I am getting the run around and for this I PROMISE that I will not use Wells Fargo ever again, and I will use every essence of my being to deter anyone from living this nightmare of incompetence as I have. My grievance is not with a particular person, but to all of the incompetent people that I have had to deal with in this matter. I would appreciate it if someone that DOES NOW SOMETHING would contact me or my wife Sandy Jones and give us a straight answer ... What do we owe and how doe we do this??? I guess I'll never know...

Horrible

My name is Keith D Dawson. On March 14 2015, I visited the Wells Fargo branch at Southgate Mall Elizabethcity N.C 27909. My purpose was to take advantage of 0%APR credit card. I told the banker Cindy Walker that I already have one of their cards. That I did not want to carry another card. That I was able to payoff original card. So I wanted to know the best way to go about applying for a new card. Do I just apply? Or do I pay off card first? Cindy applied for her words the top of the line card. I was approved but for a much lower credit limit. Later the next week, Cindy called me. She said that if I payoff the original card they would be able to transfer my credit limit from the original card to the new card. I do not know who she talked to.

March 21 2015, I returned to the branch. Talked to Cade Turner about paying off original card. He called someone in that dept. I was advised on the phone by that person (name not known) to pay off and CLOSE original card. Then they could transfer my credit limit to the new card. I did this over the phone at that time. I was then told that they did transfer and combine my credit limit to the new card. Then I was told the 0% apr does not apply because of the card I had at the time. I applied for the new card not only that but my interest rate is HIGHER than the original card.

March 28 2015, I returned to the branch. I talked to Jermaine Dillard about my problem. He called that dept. and was told their was nothing that could be done because of the original card. He made notes and told me he would put them on Tonya Schmitt desk the store manager so she could get involved in it.

April 3 2015, I returned to the branch. I talked with Tammy Spruill. She called the dept. that handles this and again was told nothing could be done . Tammy sent a email about my problem, including my contact info. I did not receive a call back from her the next week. Sometime during that week, I was on the well fargo web site and noticed all my rewards points gone.

April 11 2015 I returned to the branch. This time I spoke with both Tonya and Cindy. Tonya said she would make a call to expadite affix to the problem. Then told Cindy what she had to do on her end.

April 17 2015 I returned to branch. Cindy tells me that the only thing that can be done is to reverse everything that has been done. They will reopen the original account at original credit limit and interest rate and restore rewards points. I did none of this on my own. All was done at the bank's advice.

So, in a attempt to get 0%apr credit card. I get the top of line card not at 0% but higher rate than I had before and loss of rewards points. The bank's fix: reverse everything like nothing ever happened. This is a bank error not mine. I thought the goal of this bank was my financial success. How is this helping me to succeed financially? If you can not help me please give me contact info of some one who can. All I want is the 0%apr lower interest rate my points restored

Contact the Wells Fargo Complaint Department