Customer Satisfaction Results
1.89 out of 5 Stars
174 Consumer Reviews

Wells Fargo
Complaint Department

Wells Fargo (www.wellsfargo.com) is one of the United States top banking and financial services corporation. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:WFC and employs over 250,000 nationwide. In 2014 revenues were reported as US 84 billion.

If you need help with general banking call Wells Fargo customer service at 1-800-869-3557. If you need is online or mobile banking call 1-800-956-4442. If you need fraud help call the general banking number. If your need is business fraud call 1-800-225-5935. To contact the CEO, John G. Stumpt you may address your correspondence to him at 420 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104. The corporate office headquarters phone number is 415-396-7152.

Wells Fargo was founded in 1852 by Henry Wells and William Fargo in New York City. The slogan is ‘together we’ll go far’. You may find social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and helpful videos on YouTube. Overall the most common complaints filed against Wells Fargo include loan problems, rude employees, and poor customer service.

Have you had problems with Wells Fargo?

Compare Wells Fargo to Similar Banks more...

Top 174 Reviews about Wells Fargo

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Wells Fargo customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Wells Fargo refused to expedite a new debit card for me. I have no access to funds for use to purchase gas, groceries, cash through the ATM machine etc. I cannot visit a local branch as my work hours do not accommodate those hours. I offered to pay an expedite fee and they still refuse saying I should take off of work to get a card. I will be pulling all 5 of my accounts and my 20 year relationship with Wells Fargo as they are nothing but money hungry hogs. They want new business, new accounts, new loans every time I walk in the door but can't perform a single customer service request to accommodate me?

Upvote (1)

I have been a member of Wells Fargo Bank since 2011. I enjoy the benefit of your many bank centers throughout the community. I do not possess significant financial assets but I have been a steady, consistent and efficient customer. There have been very few overdrafts that were not covered within the funds in my other accounts and overall I have endeavored to be a good customer.

As a means of improving my credit status,so I could qualify for needed financial assistance I applied for a secured credit card and a personal loan to cover a very necessary medical procedure. I was denied both applications, despite stable employment ( school principal for 19 years), low debt load and confirming over $8000 p/month in secured income, but was still rejected. My complaint is that the bank does not help every day consumers who have stability but minimum financial assets or high credit scores.

I really needed assistance with re-establishing my credit with the credit card and the medical procedure that was - and still is - vital to my health. I did not apply for a needed car loan, mortgage re-modification or small business loan because I knew I would be denied. The bank did not help me at all and I am considering closing my account and returning to the local school credit union.

Upvote (0)

Today afternoon I went to this bank and want to put my money order in the card. I asked one staff where the ATM is. She told me do this in the desk. Ok I was waiting. Then it is my turn and the operator who let me sign. Because the owner is my wife,so I don't signature. But I asked where is the ATM and I want to use that. Because I do the same thing last time on the machine.

I came out and let my wife sign on it. Then waiting for the machine.In the end I found the ATM don't provide the service. Now the bank is closed. I am very angry and asked the women. She told me that she don't know whether the ATM has the service and her attitude was bad impatient. I wasted lots of time and got more angry. Maybe I had the Asian face and maybe I should leave the freedom state.

Upvote (0)

On 02/11/2016 I cashed a check for $3179 and requested cash back of $1079 and the cash back amount is short by $300. I had this money to pay my bills that is due on the 22nd of February and to celebrate my birthday which is the 20th of February so the money was not counted until the 20th of February when I notice the cash back amount was short $300.The cash missing from the cash back amount is 2 - $100 bills and 5 - $20 bills. I called the local bank here and spoke with Trinity. The tone of her voice was not reassuring. She checked the teller transactions for that day and stated she was not over or short for that day. I've been with Wells Fargo for a few years and never got a cash back receipt with the breakdown of the cash given back to me.

That was a red light for me when I started counting the cash. I would like someone outside of the branch to investigate this transaction because it takes to people to count and verify the cash drawers for the tellers. I hold on to all my receipts for this type of reason and mistakes. There was time from Feb 11th to Feb 20th to contact me of the mistake that was made on the teller behalf and this didn't happen. From now on I will check my cash before leaving the bank whether inside or through a drive thru window. I'm waiting to hear back Monday from Wells Fargo Branch #0006727 9 and if I'm not refunded back by $300 I will be moving on to another bank.

Upvote (0)

A check was written to Wells Fargo for $8,067.67 (which looks like a forged signature) on 10/6/2015 AND a cashier's check for $21,378.84 on 10/7/15. I need to know why this money was withdrawn from the account. I have power of attorney for my mother's account. I'm writing this complaint on her behalf. She deposited a cashier's check for $10,000 on 10/2/15 and the above checks were written 4 & 5 days later. Please help me open an investigation and find out the whereabouts of almost $29,000 of my mother's money. Customer service has been a joke!

Upvote (0)

My 92 year old mother has repeatably been denied access to her security box she has been told many times to wait a few minutes and those wait have been over an hour. No progress has been made she leaves in frustration please remedy this A.S.A.P. It's hard for her to drive down there and she pays rent on the box.

Upvote (0)

I applied for an automobile loan on a 2004 Ford Focus Station Wagon with 28,910 original miles. The sale was to be from an estate auction. Your company ran my credit score and knocked it down 61 points in the process. I told the loan officer that I lived in Spruce Head, Maine 04859 and was advised that the loan application could be sent to me overnight and was approved. I didn't hear anything after two days and called to inquire why the application had not been sent and was then told that it could not be sent by mail.and that yes the loan was approved but I had to go 3 states over to Connecticut to sign for it In the mean time I lost 200.00 that I put down to hold the vehicle while I sought financing.

The only reason I applied through Wells Fargo is that my Son has done an auto loan through your company and had no problems Now I am stuck with a lousy credit score 61 points lower, out 200.00 and no way to make the 800+ miles round trip to Connecticut. I advised your loan broker at the outset where I lived, that it was a private sale, and as I said was advised that it would be no problem the application would be mailed to me. Your Reference Number: 20160340800125 Your loan Officers failed to follow up after telling me the loan was approved and would be overnighted. This was by Juan Carlos “JC” Elias

I then called back and talked to another loan officer who told me the same thing, I waited two days and still nothing and then called back and was told that the other two loan officers that I talked to didn't know what they were doing. I am respectfully requesting that you contact the Credit Bureaus and undo the damage you have done to my credit score and refund me the 200.00 deposit I lost in the transaction so I can obtain a loan with someone who has an office in the state of Maine. You do have two mortgage consultants in Damariscotta, Maine which is about an hour from here but I was told they could not do the paperwork with me because they are not bankers. I have been advised that I should make a complaint with the BBB but figured I would give you the benefit of the doubt and a chance to resolve this.

Upvote (0)

On December 5, I called your overseas collect call number (925-825-7600) from my temporary home in Thailand. My WF Visa credit card has an expiration date of 2016-01-31 and I wanted you to send the new one to my Thailand address, not my California address. The person I spoke with got my address here and said it would be taken care of. A couple of days later I received an email from you stating the card had been mailed out. Since I hadn't received the card by January 13, 2016 I called again and was told that a computer malfunction kept the new card from going out. That was an unlikely explanation but whatever. I gave my Thai address, again, and was assured the new card would be Fed-Ex'd out by the next day.

By the 19th I hadn't received the Fed-Ex so I called you, again. Same song: not sent yet and no explanation why. Gave my address, again, and was asked to wait a week for the sure-thing arrival of my new card. February 1, 2016: the card had not arrived (gasp!) so I called again. Same song: card was not sent and no explanation why. Gave my address, again, and I asked for a Fed-Ex tracking number. I was told it had not been generated yet but I could get it in a couple of days. Oh, how I tingled with happiness: my problem was as good as solved.

February 3, 2016: can you imagine how surprised I was when told the card had not been sent? I'm shocked ... shocked!! Of course, no reason was given. This call was just full of surprises. The rep asked for my address, again, and I gave it, again. I asked for the tracking number and was told, of course, it hadn't been generated and to give it a day. February 4, 2016: oh, sorry, it hadn't been sent yet. What's that address again? Okay, we'll send it out right away. Call back tomorrow for the tracking number. (Was a pattern developing?)

February 5, 2016: I called, again, hoping to get the Fed-Ex tracking number. The person I talked to said it was not available and could not confirm that the card had been sent out. I was advised to call back the next day to get the tracking number. February 6, 2016: I called, again, hoping to get the Fed-Ex tracking number. The person I spoke with (Kimberly) told me, big surprise, the card had not been sent; reason unknown.

She asked me to give her my address in Thailand, again, which I did, again. She suggested I call again in a few days to get the tracking number. Noteworthy in this conversation is that I remembered speaking with Kimberly sometime in the past few calls. Same voice, same accent, same name. When I mentioned this she denied it and claimed her name was not in the log of any of my prior calls. I don't know how, or if, a rep's name is entered in the call log but, when she said we hadn't spoken Kimberly told me a lie.

February 9, 2016: I spoke with a rep named Sheila. She told me there was no tracking number (big surprise) so I asked to speak with a supervisor and was connected to Eugene. Eugene told me that they never got tracking numbers for Fed-Ex shipments which I find doubtful but why would anyone at Wells Fargo lie to me? Anyway, he put me on hold while he tried to find out if the card could be sent. I was on hold for 10 or 15 minutes when I got disconnected. I called back and spoke to a supervisor named Carey. She put me on hold and came back with he news that the card was going to be sent out soon and that I should call back in 3 hours to get the tracking number. I decided to wait 24 hours.

February 10, 2016: I spoke with a supervisor named Colin. He put me on hold and came back saying he had a tracking number. After giving me the first 2 digits ("30") I was "mysteriously" disconnected. I called back and spoke with a supervisor named Misty. Misty told me there was no tracking number yet and could not confirm that the card had, or had not, been sent. I was a bit exasperated at that point and asked what I could do to get that confirmation. Her priceless advice was to wait, though she couldn't tell me how long that wait should be.

Two months and five days: still no card. The Wells Fargo Clown Car is here to help. I've clearly been lied to, at least several times during this sorry saga. It also appears that WF has adopted the same contempt toward customers that Bank of America is famous for.

Upvote (0)

I have repeatedly tried to work with Jacqueline Shaun Kounkel at Private Mortgage Banking located at 9350 E Arapahoe, Greenwood Village, CO 80112. Jacqueline is an incredibly offensive woman that shows no interest in answering any question regarding the loan process after she collects money for the interst lock payment. I have been a business owner in Colorado since 1993. I have worked with Well Fargo for all of these years and now am considering taking my business else where. My business name is Kennedy Construction Inc. When it comes to a persons attitude you know when your being disregard and disrespect.

Upvote (0)

Complaining about disability service and access at the Wells Fargo on 3rd Ave in Chula Vista, CA out of San Diego County. They have no parking in front of the bank and suggest you go around the side with pathetic arrows.

Upvote (0)

I have made about 5 trips to Wells Fargo to assist my Brother who is intellectually disabled to pay his monthly room and board. Wells Fargo charges 10% for bank check, so we tried to get this set up for auto payment. We were told that we could not do that since he has a savings account and not a checking account. We were told that I can transfer the money using sure-pay. I was not able to get the code on my phone so I had to call customer service. Customer service required that I come in and get added to the account. I did this in January. I am still not able to transfer funds for his room and board payment, because for some reason his account can not receive codes electronically. The Wells Fargo customer service is automated and is only a recording.

I was on hold for 1/2 hour and had to hang up and call back multiple time. On the phone for over one hour on hold. I am sure they will tell me to come into the bank again. My brother does not read or write and has a severe speech impediment. I have a power of attorney which gives me the legal right to assist him. If my brother didn't have his social security automatically deposited to Wells Fargo, I would insist that he switch banks. Wells Fargo has the worst customer service ever, and charges fees for everything to the people who can least afford it. I will call back on Monday. The session timed out on my computer 5 times and my battery is going dead on my phone. I bank with Citibank and SDCCU. Both have excellent customer service, Wells Fargo just steals you money.

Upvote (0)

I have a Wells Fargo Mortgage, Savings Account and Checking Account. Until I moved to Rockport Texas I was able to access both my savings and my checking accounts using my ATM card at my local branch. The drive-up Bank ATM Machine in Rockport will not allow me to access my Savings account to make transfers without going into the branch during branch hours. My online services limits the number of transfers I am allowed to make per month.

At times I make multiple transfers throughout the month and the limit of how many I can perform on line is most inconvenient. I would normally be allowed to make as many transfers as I wish from local ATM but without access to my savings outside of business hours I am handcuffed. Therefore I am limited to bank hours for transactions when I work miles down the road.

I was under the impression that ATM machines were for the convenience of customers. My local branch's solution was I would have to go into the bank during business hours. In my case, this is not always possible because of travel for work and temporarily for medical reasons. The inconvenience of my banking services leaves me with a desire to source another another bank for all services after over 19 and a half years. What can we do to remedy this scenario to keep me from changing?

Upvote (0)

Wells Fargo Virginia call center received a call from Maffrietta Silk, an unhappy customer, on January 5, 2016 @ 2 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. Zahra took my call. I closed my Account 2712698774 for poor service, unjust declines in Michigan from November to December 2015 ; while vacationing and dealing with family issues. They owe me money for unjust overcharges. Furthemore, another problem arose: a SSI deposit not returned to the Social Security Office. SSO, Danielle-40G89 placed a trace on the check because Wells Fargo never return the check. Finally, can Wells Fargo be investigated for its banking activities for my account?

Upvote (0)

As I have a mortgage that never has been late ever, I was stuck in Tucson Arizona for Christmas, due to someone who had stolen my Debit and charge cards. Waiting all weekend for Monday so I could write a check for money to get me threw till a new debit card could be mailed out to me. Your Tucson bank declined my desperate need to cash a check to get Food, Gas, and a little living money. The bank I trusted in Let me down, Big time. Left me homeless with out money to eat and not enough gas to get me home.

Sure I am sure you have your rules and I have mine I told the teller and the supervisor the problem and had my DL and Military ID and a mortgage account with which you have never had a late payment a A++ customer and you left me with no where to go but out in the cold, Seems it is all about you. Well I will start looking for a new bank with some respect to people I am old school and I have never been treated like this I also hold a 720 credit score and that is worthless to you as well.

Why should people give a dam for a bank that leave its people out in the cold, Funny how it was us the tax payers that bailed you ass out so you can shit on us. Highly upset with Wells Fargo Bank. I think a letter to B.B.B. and AARP. May be they can explain the reason to your other customers why your bank is so Hard Nosed. And on top of that they wanted me to open a checking can you believe that REALLY? My checking was with State Farm Bank, so it was not some off the wall bank, enough said.

Upvote (0)

I just read the article in the mpls trib about your photo bombing. What a pathetic attempt for attention. Why would anyone want to do business with a crybaby company like you? I'm sure a lot of people feel just like me. You can take your bank and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Upvote (0)

I made an $18,500.00 payment on my personal line of credit on December 15th. As of December 22 the payment was not posted. They could not give me any information over the phone so I went to the branch. The result: Wells Fargo would hold the payment for an additional 10 business day before it would be posted. If that is Wells Fargo policy that information should have been made clear when I made the payment. I need to make several tax payments before year end and Wells Fargo customer service will not refund or post the payment. A three week hold on a payment is unheard of. I have been a Wells Fargo customer for 20 years. Thank you Wells Fargo and goodbye.

Upvote (0)

I just had the very unfortunate experience of doing business with Wells Fargo Bank. I was given a check from my previous landlord. This check was for $3142 as reimbursement for my security deposit and incidentals. When Frank handed me the check I requested a cashiers check instead and he assured me that he had sufficient funds in the account to cover that check and that if I ran over to any Wells Fargo branch they would cash it for me with no problem.

Well I'm here to tell you there was a problem. The problem was that after standing in line, then being moved to a personal banker, then waiting for the check to be verified, then coming back into line, I was told that there would be a $7.50 charge. I asked why and was told that as a non Wells Fargo account holder, I am charged $7.50. This is outrageous and insulting, who I assume is a valued customer. and to myself, a previous Wells Fargo customer (who was actually considering opening up another account with Wells Fargo, but wouldn't consider it at this point in time after this experience).

To continue with the story, I notified Frank and told him that I am being charged to cash his check and he replied that "they shouldn't charge anything!". I discussed this with the manager, who informed me that it's simply policy and that she wished it weren't so because she gets a number of complaints about this policy. I asked her to waive the fee and she says she could not. I expect that in one fell swoop Wells Fargo alienated one very good customer and one potential new customer.

Upvote (0)

Today (11/25/2015), it was requested of me to personally pick up my paycheck from the parent company of a job where I have been working part-time for over two (2) years. Because the location was out of the area where I live (Oakland, California), I decided to try a Wells Fargo branch near the parent company of my employer. The service I received was so bad it is totally beyond words. Weekly I go to a branch to cash my paycheck, present my ID and Credit Card, but today, the teller insisted that the check be "reviewed" by the Wells Fargo branch manger before she could cash it. Please note, that the check was in my name, and the amount was not extremely large ($400), but they forced me to wait and when I voiced my complaints I was treated as if my feeling did not matter.

I realize that I do not have an account with Wells Fargo (although I was considering opening one prior to this) but that does not mean I should not be treated with respect. Also I am not sure, but it seemed to me that I was being judged because of my race (Black). I am a college (university) educated woman and feel that I should have been treated in a better manner. I called Customer Service and voiced this issue and was told that my complaint would "go on record". I indicated to her that I will following up to see if there are any other racially motivated complaints. I realize you get several complaints and that mine will really not make a difference; however, I felt that someone should know what is going on inside the branches.

Upvote (0)

Local Wells Fargo branch in Bellville, Texas discriminated against me. Suspended my debit card because it was there mistake by placing extra money in old account which cause me to think does funds was available from an insurance company. I withdrawal it to close out a mortgage loan. The branch notify me about the mistake and I agree to repay it in payment and ask them to set it up as a loan; but they refused to do that. I told them I will pay it in payment. I have made two payments. Customer service suspense my debit card; stated I misused my card that's a lie. I hope you help me resolve this problem.

Upvote (0)

Every few days I have to reset my password due to Wells Fargo system's failure to recognize my current password. I know passwords are being entered correctly as they automatically default to sign in page. When this happens I cannot gain access even when I erase the defaulted passwords and reenter them manually, so I windup resetting my passwords every few days. I spoke to one of your representatives who wanted to verify my identity by asking security questions based on public records. For example: i was asked which was a correct current phone number. the actual answer was none but i recognized one number as a former phone number and GUESSED that public records showed it as a current number; otherwise I would have answered incorrectly. I had a similar experience with a credit card account with another company. Public records are not all that reliable!

Upvote (0)

Mr. Scott Coble, can you please help my with this dilemma. (11-09-15) I entered the branch at 2500 NW 72nd Avenue, at 2:45 signed in. I saw the manager sitting at her desk talking to another staff person, When the person left, I ask to see her. She stated that as soon as she get one of the office workers, Well, she took the clipboard and walked around the bank for a good 10 minutes, touching things on the counters, looking in the different offices, completely ignoring me. Another man came up after me she directed him to what he needed. I saw that I wasn't going to be waited on so I left.

What I wanted to know from her was why Wells Fargo was holding over half of my deposit. I deposited 12,617.08 on the 4th of October, they said there would be a hold on the check I asked, why they said because the funding source changed banks. I have never heard of such a thing they released $5,000 on the 6th. and is holding the balance until the 16th if this month, I run a program and we have to pay bills, also payroll and they all will be late, and we will incur penalties. I need this issue resolved or I will have to do our banking elsewhere.

Upvote (0)

Making a deposit using counter deposit slip, Wells Fargo drive through teller Mercedes Robertson rudely held up deposit slip and said "I can't read this" I said excuse me, she again rudely stated she "could not read this" holding up deposit slip. I asked for my item back and went into bank asking for the manager, was given service manager Nicole. She listened to me, asked what she could do and I said please make my deposit - which she was able to read the deposit slip. I also wanted the teller to apologize. Nicole came in with Mercedes and Mercedes rolled her eyes at me - said I was told to apologize and stormed out of the office. This was unacceptable to me and I was highly insulted. Still waiting for branch manager to call me as well. I too was a teller in that very same window when it was Wachovia, I would have never treated a customer with such disrespect. This teller will definitely drive customer service down in this branch, which I am planning on pulling our school Wells Fargo accounts and going to a bank that appreciates its customers.

Upvote (0)

August 2015, I decided to start a checking account with Wells Fargo in Priest River, Idaho. At first everything was cool i even signed up for the online banking threw their web site. Anyway October 28 i logged onto their website to check out my info and see how everything looked. However i was in for a shock first thing i noticed was suspicious activity. Somebody had deposited a fraudulent check of $2400.00 in my name which was a shock my first thought this is serious I gotta go to the bank and let them know about this. I went to the bank and said everything that had happened however all i got was constant disrespect from the Bank Manager. Who kept saying i probably did that myself cause i am so slow, I don't remember doing it. My reply over and over again was "Why would i hack my own bank account, and even if i did i wouldn't be here right now i would be on the run." I was told i would probably not be able to have a bank account cause of what had happened so come back tomorrow.

So Next day i went back to the bank and dealt with more disrespect. I was asked questions such as 1. How long have i been on my own, 2. Do I live by myself, 3. What kinds of classes and grades did i get in School. My words were "Why do any of even questions even matter? I'm a lot smarter than i get credit for i have a very high IQ. Afterwards you can get a account again, my thought was good cause none of this is my fault at all. I received a primary debit card that i was supposed to throw away when the Temporary arrived. Next morning after i woke first thing i did was use my primary debit card to try to add $ to my phone so i could call and text. However 3 times it got denied. So i went down to the bank and asked "What is going on with this card you guys gave me yesterday it doesn't even work." Sir, You can't have an account here, plus we have to take your last $27.00 cause you are overdrawn. I signed some piece of paper and then threw away the card that doesn't even work.

Just cause someone hacks into my account i get punished over it. All i can say is i will tell everybody not to bank with them cause of the type of company they are, also the amount of xonstant disrespect i had to deal with. Very Very upsetting!

Upvote (0)

We were declined for a mortgage modification by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage (WFHM) (even though I understand they received something on the order of $50 Billion of taxpayers' money for this purpose) so we just refinanced to a lower rate. We were glad to get away from WFHM but the mortgage got sold back to them. WFHM then increased our payments in short order, citing a need for increased impounds. After a snit over a payment in the old amount, the VA made Wells Fargo Home Mortgage reduce the payment amount. They've increased it again. We get cut off from their email notification system which is followed by another payment increase and an attempt to reposes our home (even though we never make a late payment). We complained to the BBB and now we get several calls a month from this very effeminate sounding male at (800) 853-8516 x46737. In the past, we'd get calls after hours, weekends, etc. We've asked them not to do that to no avail. We just let the calls go to voice mail now and we keep a close eye on WFHM until we can refinance again and get away from them. Maybe someone else will benefit from this contact. We hope so. Good luck!

Upvote (0)

I made a deposit to my checking account from another wells fargo account. I asked the teller to post it right then. Later on I found out my overdraft protection kicked in. The teller did not tell me the funds would not be available until tomorrow. I called the bank and got no help. I have been a wells fargo customer for years.account number 6768183664. Now I have cash advance fees. I am not happy.

Upvote (0)

I have been trying to contact someone to help me get my vehicle lien release, but I cannot get any type of cooperation or even an indication of where or who to begin with. I tried the Wells Fargo online forum several times, then called the corporate office, then emailed support, Wells Fargo customer service, and never got any help and finally got frustrated and decided rather than be rude I would take a week to cool off and then try a different approach.

Upvote (0)

I was at the 360 N. Capitol Wells Fargo Branch in San Jose Ca. trying to pay a mortgage payment for my niece. When I asked how much it is so I can write a check to pay I was treated in a very disrespectful manner. I was made to feel like I was trying to steal information when all's I wanted to do was pay a mortgage payment. I felt bullied by the back manager at that time I asked him for his card. This is how I learned his name. This Wells Fargo manager has little to no customer service skills. I run a facility for Veterans where there are 130 beds and I have to be respectful to these man and women who served our country. This manager would not be allowed to work with these Veterans with the behavior he displayed when dealing with me as a customer. I had to go to the the downtown office to make this mortgage payment where I was treated with dignity and respect. Thanks for hearing this complaint.

Upvote (0)

I am appalled! Your website does not list the branch I opened an account. Had to call other branch to get number. They did not answer and forward my call to call center, they could not find my branch. I never received my card. Gave her my SS#, and she could not verify me. 27 minutes later I was pissed and ready to pull my money out off Wells Fargo due to the horrible customer service!

Upvote (0)

I deposited a check on 8/31/15 to assist with paying bills for Sept. My check was held for 10 days then cleared after a monthly draft was over drafted. I would like to have those overdraft fees reversed ASAP since I prepared to have the funds available, but the bank decided to hold my check for 10 days. Is this really your corporate policy?

Upvote (0)

When I log onto my account, which is about once a week, I get a note to change my sign-on name, and my password. I do not think that is necessary. If your worried about security, I can create a secure system that is unbreakable! That is correct-unbreakable. Years ago I was a crypto analyst and devised unbreakable codes. Who and Why said I need to change my ID and password every week?

Upvote (0)

I called Wells Fargo Dealer Services on 8/31/15 to inquire about my auto loan account. I spoke to Meoshia Lewis, who did not provide me her last name or ID#, which I was told by her supervisor Jamal (ID# 5356) that all customer service reps my must either provide ID# or last name when answering a call. My complaint is that during my call, Meoshia intentionally hung up on me when I asked for her ID# and said that I would like to speak to her supervisor because she was not "customer service friendly," and did not address my concern/issue. Horrible customer service from them.

Upvote (0)

I visited a Wells Fargo branch at Westheimer and Lazy Hollow in Houston Texas. A teller (Rita Isidienu) persuaded me to open a checking, savings and credit card account. I asked her to let me give it some thought. In a few weeks I received the cards in the mail. Several calls to her only ends in promises to look into the matter.

Upvote (0)

I called when I got my bill. I am so used to just paying my bill that I just sent it in last month. I did not look at the bill. For some reason the payment was processed late last month. I have never had a late payment with Wells Fargo. So when I opened my bill this month I happened to look at it. They had charged me a late fee for the previous month, and a new late fee. Because I paid the regular payment, which did not include the late fee . They assessed me another late fee. so now I am past due with an extra $ 60 owed for my next month minimum due. I thought if I called this could be taken care of. I am never late, so they would understand and help me. They man was horribly rude.

Customer service at Wells Fargo told me I only made a "partial payment" because I didn't pay the late fee. I said I didn't know it was processed late, so I just made my regular payment. He said nothing he could do. He said not Wells Fargo's problem. So I asked for a supervisor. Amber told me they would waive the original late fee (one time only). I said thanks. But I am still owing the extra money when my payments due, plus the other late fee. She said you sent it in the mail late, and its not our fault. You didn't make you payment . So terrible. I would think they would value my account. I pride myself paying my bill on time. Now I am still past due for no reason and have a huge next month payment. I need to speak to someone else on this..

Upvote (0)

I initiated a monthly, electronic transfer between my Wells Fargo checking account and my sister's Wells Fargo account to cover my rent obligation to her. Besides doing the electronic transfer on the 4th of the month, they ALSO drafted a MAILED check for the EXACT same amount the following day, causing me to go into overdraft and charging me fees.

I have been to my branch 3 times trying to get this straightened out. They did reverse the overdraft fee, but REFUSE to put the $28 and change BACK into my savings account, saying it was needed to cover the shortfall of a CHECK I didn't write, authorize, know about, or initiate. This was their internal error and although $28 may not seem like a lot, I wonder how many times this same scam is pulled?

I want this resolved, especially after being questioned about my sister 'stealing' money from my account ....seriously, they asked me that question as I sat in the branch, crying from frustration and bewilderment.

Upvote (0)

I have been a Wells Fargo client for approximately 15 years. About 1 1/2 years ago Wells Fargo supported my Veteran's Home Loan, for which I am very thankful. Following the purchase of our home, we remodeled using available credit lines and a small loan from the bank. In May of this year, I applied for a loan to help reduce our credit card debt and assist with expenses for my special needs daughter. That request for credit was denied. I did not ask for reconsideration of the loan, although I do not believe I received a fair evaluation. In the denial letter however (Wells Fargo reference 20151470100046), I was told the reason for the denial was: Garnishment, Attachment, Foreclosure or Repossession, Collection action, Judgment, Tax Lien of Charge Off.

I responded to that letter and asked where that information had been obtained, as I have NEVER had any of these problems, nor have any of the three (3) major credit reporting companies ever indicated such difficulties. My letter was apparently forwarded to an Office in Des Moines, where we have traded correspondence for over a month. Most recently Des Moines sent me a letter dated August 6, 2015 and received today; saying that I need to contact Wells Fargo Mortgage regarding my credit bureau complaint. Frankly, I don't believe I have a credit bureau complaint, as they say they have never reported the above, to you.

All I have asked for, is the source of this erroneous information and to make certain it is not part of my Wells Fargo's records.

Upvote (0)

My husband passed away 4 years ago. I was only 55 years old and he was only 58. I switched my IRA accounts to my name because I thought I had to. My financial advisor never advised me of the fact that I could have left the accounts in my husband's name to avoid the 10 percent penalty if I ever needed money.

Well now I need the money. I couldn't foresee 4 years ago that my adult son and my parents were going to be dependent on me. Also, home repairs added up - a new roof, new chimney liner, plumbing issues, electrical issues. My husband was handy and always took care of household repairs. All of these things combined, quickly used up my life insurance money.

I am just very upset that I was not advised at the time I switched my accounts. I need money now at 58 years old and I could have avoided that 10 percent penalty if I had left the accounts in my husband's name. I should have read the Motley Fool, but I was too busy caring for my dying husband.

Upvote (1)

I have been trying to do a short sale for more than 2 years. This loan was transferred to an attorney office along with other loans apparently because there is litigation between Wells Fargo and a third party. If I call the bank, no one talks to me, and they refer me to the attorney's office.

It has been very difficult to work with the bank through this law firm; we have had more than three buyers that backed up from the deal because when everything was ready the bank came back and asked for a higher amount, or because we did not get a response from the bank and/or the law firm.

Wells Fargo does not want to work with us. We are trying to do the right thing and it is very frustrated when a bank does want to help and our hands are tide.

Upvote (0)

I called Wells Fargo regarding when I would receive my new debit card, which expires, in Aug. She, Janice, was talking all over me. She just went on and on, with stuff that I never asked her about. I know my rights, and I have dealt with customers for over 30 years, with BBB, as a supervisor. Had I heard my employees talking with customers like she was, her job would have been in question, or in jeopardy. No one called me about amounts that was in questions on my debit card.

I called them about something totally different, She said had I not called, they would have temporary blocked my account, and I wouldn't have known why because, they failed to contact me. I am in Dr's care, and I am very upset, as I have other bank accounts that I deal with. I certainty do not need someone talking over me, like she knew it all, not giving me a chance to talk.

I question the training that you're supposed to give your workers, now that I have experienced this Janice's approach. Very upset with you and if need be, if someone does not contact me, and push it under the rug, I will contact someone else, higher.

Upvote (0)

I made an appointment to open up a credit card/debit card on Monday May 4, 2015 at the Gardena Location on Redondo Beach Blvd. to get info about consolidating my credit. The girl that helped me, Maritza, said she would call me within 24-48 hrs. I waited and she never called me. I waited until Friday May 8, 2015 and finally called her. I left numerous messages not only on her voice-mail but with her manager.

I spoke to the manager and he said Maritza would call me the following day (Saturday) She never called me. I called back on Monday May 11 and he said he would call me back at 5:30 that is when I get off work. He never called me. I am getting frustrated that no one is helping me, giving me the run around.

I don't understand this poor customer service. If they can not help me they should let me know right away instead of wasting my time. I find it really upsetting and I will take me questions and need of help to another location. I just want to let this go noticed that this bad customer service and something should be done about it.

Upvote (0)

I received my bill on 05/08/15. It showed my last month payment that I mailed on 04/20/15 was not posted and a $26.00 late fee was added to it. I checked my bank statement and the check had not gone thru. I went online right away and made the payment (that was 6 days late) plus the current month payment.

On Sunday (Mother's Day) I received FIVE Phone calls from Wells Fargo!!!! I explained the reason and said I had made a payment. FINALLY after the 5th call every half hour, the calls stopped. Well, MIRACULOUSLY, the next day my check that was sent in April was found by you and posted!!!!! Not sure how that was just FOUND the next day! Harassing phone calls on a Sunday for a payment that you must of lost in my file somewhere, plus a $ 26.00 late fee???? Really??

Upvote (0)

Stopped at the bank around 2:45. (We remarked that there were no customers) went thru the drive to cash a 500.00 check in my account. There were two women working the desk and talking and talking ignoring a customer. We waited and waited, finally my husband rang the bell. I was asked for my debit card, as my drivers license was not enough. (A debit card doesn't have a picture ID ?) so I asked if my military ID would do.

Check cashed and we are leaving, I count the money and I'm 100.00 short, so we turn around and I go into the bank. Now I have to wait over twenty minutes for the woman to cash out to find her error. Now I'm late to were we had to be and I'm told, well we found the error and corrected it. I ask how much the check had to be before a second ID had to be given, I was never told an amount.

I have never had any problems at this bank before, the women always go out of there way to be friendly and helpful. Needless to say this was very upsetting and the looks were like I was not telling the truth. Someone behind the counter at the bank should know how to count!!!!! Been a customer over 20 years and never had a problem till yesterday.

Upvote (1)

I am seeking information regarding the big news about Wells Fargo and accounts being opened in your name without your knowledge. I am very concerned about this because I have had issues before with people attempting to use my information and account info.

How can I be sure that Wells Fargo has not used my information and opened and closed accounts in my name? I have been banking a long time now with Wells Fargo for my mortgage account and I am in good standing. Please send me some information to confirm that my account is safe with Wells Fargo.

Upvote (0)

Horrible customer service with online banking. Incompetent bankers…after long waits was told he would open a file to research where funds went that were transferred to my son's account which is also Wells Fargo. The funds never were transferred but were deducted from my account. After complaining about my frustration he hung up on me. So disappointed in Wells Fargo!

Upvote (0)

I have been with Wells Fargo for over 25 yrs. I am currently unemployed and receive $1800 a month. Wells Fargo has charged me $1600 in overdrafts fees within the last 2 months. They have said they have worked with as much as possible, reversing 5 OD fees. There has been less then 5 times over the last 25 yrs I have requested this favor, all within the last 3 months.

I did get overdraft protection on my checking; however, what I thought was overdraft protection was not the same as what they offer. They set up a savings account and that is what they use for your overdraft. $1600, and I have rent, prescriptions and food to buy.

Colorado Unemployment funds are available on the Monday; however, Wells Fargo waits until Wednesday to post funds. Wells Fargo doesn't provide overdraft protection, their overdraft protection is the same as bounce check fees. Another big corporation making money off the poor!

Upvote (0)

My wife got talked into a WF Visa. Said it would pay 5% points redeemable in cash. The refused to tell her how to redeem points. Told her do it on line or the phone. They no longer have personal service. When we try to do something on the phone we usually are on hold for 1/2 hour. This is not the only complaint. This is just the straw that broke the camels back. If I listed all the complaints it would look like a book the size of war and peace. Pain in the but to switch banks but We are going to do just that.

Upvote (0)

I have/had a condo in Delray Beach Florida. Do I still own it? I do not know as Wells Fargo representatives change weekly, and I can never get the same individual to assist me with inquiries. Palm Beach Property records still show me as the owner.

In February 2014, I began the process for a short sale of the condo I own which had/has a first and second mortgage with Wells Fargo. Total mortgages were $118K. Short sale was for $55K (cash buyer). The realtor, and short sale attorney both were in Florida and were never able to meet Wells Fargo's demands and always had yet another document request which I, living in NY, met in a timely manner (within 24 hours of every request).

Wells Fargo refuses to do business via email and that includes contact with the representatives of record. Additionally I had a tenant from hell who refused to let the bank officials in for an inspection and the short sale fell through in the 12th hour! After that 6 months of jumping through hoops Wells Fargo served me with foreclosure papers in July of 2014. I filed bankruptcy in August of 2014; Debts were discharged in November 2014...The tenant left in September, changing the locks on me.

Wells Fargo continues to send me work out options for the condo mortgages. When contact is made, the representatives tell me I am not legally responsible for the debt, however, I am responsible for the property until it is foreclosed! WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN? I have been locked out of the condo by the tenant from hell and was not able to access it to check the interior on a trip to Florida in February 2015.

I have asked the bank attorneys to let me know what to do and NO ONE RETURNS MY CALLS OR contacts me with any instructions. The firm that handled my bankruptcy basically took an exorbitant fee and apparently did not answer on my behalf a "motion" filed by Wells Fargo in July 2014 and I was noticed on this in January 2015...

I have repeatedly asked Wells Fargo to take the condo as I am not prepared to renegotiate any loans, and I have effectively (I thought) walked away from the property. I'm in limbo and have no idea what to do?

Upvote (0)

On April 28 2015, my parents arrived for a scheduled appointment with Annelyn Vitug at Wells Fargo located at 672 Battlefield Blvd Chesapeake, VA. My elderly Mother, confined to a wheelchair, had to use the restroom. I asked the teller where is the restroom? He said, we do not have a public restroom. Then a bank representative told me to take my mother across the street to Rite Aid. I pushed my mother across a busy street in a wheelchair to use the restroom.

How can your staff be so insensitive to an elderly person confined to a wheelchair? Your facility has handicap parking and ramps, but no restrooms?!?! The staff at Wells Fargo at 672 Battlefield Blvd Chesapeake, VA should be ashamed of themselves. How dare you send an elderly woman to another establishment to use the restroom. The experience was very humiliating to my parents.

Upvote (0)

Every year I get notice from Wells Fargo that my mortgage is going up do to insurance or tax increase. It is never specific as to which went up. I found out neither has increased. I believe Wells Fargo is using a standard form letter just to increase payment. I have called to get the increase corrected and all I get is there is nothing you can do until next year when Wells Fargo access again. It is a circle of rip off with the only end is to get out of business with Well Fargo. I am currently research lawsuits against the company to put a stop to this.

Upvote (0)

I've waited 4 hours for an underwriter to finish my loan. The loan person inside Wells Fargo said it would take 15 min to look at it. I've been sitting in here for 4 hours and the guy is waiting for his auto loan check so I can receive the truck I am buying. Poor service on the other end. There needs to be a underwriter at every bank so things go smooth. This is a bad day if you see this asap help.

Upvote (0)

Wells Fargo charging customer for copies of checks. (check 21) this charging started on my accounts several months ago. Bank stop sending copies with monthly statement. When local bank (granada hills branch) was asked about this (surcharge for including this in statement now applies) $1.00 per month or per check - bank did not make this clear.
This just show how little corporations care about costumer service. I have had over a 20 year banking relationship with wells fargo. I would like justification -under check 21 law - California, how wells fargo can legally charge these fees. I will consider moving my funds to another bank, I also have maintained a balance of over twenty thousand dollars in your bank. (small amount - I know) I would rate this bank with an F- , if there was a lower score - wells fargo would get that from me.

Contact the Wells Fargo Complaint Department