Customer Satisfaction Results

Verizon

Complaint Department

Filed by andy marsland on Jan 16, 2015
Consumer Rating

Verizon have a history of poor customer service, misrepresentation of their products, contracts and services provided, and will openly tell you one detail whilst billing you for something else.. And if you want to take an early termination, then beware of the hidden agenda and fraudulent billing practices that Verizon has adopted.. In early May 2014, I had the misfortune to drop my current phone and as luck would have it, it landed on the corner and broke the glass, rendering the Razr useless. I went to my local Verizon store to see if they could replace the phone only to be informed by an arrogant assistant that because my plan was no longer available they could only reinstate my phone service by the addition of a second line. I questioned this option repeatedly, and as explained to me from the ‘experts’ at the store, the new line would be a “dummy” line to get me back onto the Verizon phone service that day. The choice was limited … no phone service or take what the expert was offering. I asked about the cost? , the use of the line?, would I need it at all? and why would I need a second line? So it boiled down to an extra $10 per month, would get me back on phone service and I could use it as an emergency line ( as the assistant told me he did himself). Ok, So I agreed based on his expertise… When the first bill arrived it was for over $100, and included a huge amount of add on fees that was not given to me at the initial consultation… I went back to the store, and was told that there was nothing they could do about it as it was another line addition and those fees were government imposed ! Now I’m upset at the situation (2 lines and two bills – one of which I did not want), and told them so… and I cannot cancel the line !!! Over the next two billing cycles the actual line cost became clear at $29 plus taxes and fees.. not the $15 as stated This was the first mislead from Verizon. I investigated other options and decided that no help was going to come from Verizon. When the billing through June July and August of 2014, got to a higher point with no reasonable explanation, I looked at another carrier and went with them taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 with me.. best thing I did to rid myself of Verizon… Not so fast… I called in November 2014 to cancel my Verizon account, was told that an early termination fee was due of $140 and that it would close the account on both lines. I asked specifically about the two lines being closed and was assured that this would close the account.. so I paid! Next comes a billing invoice for December 2014, which asks for payment on the second line (opened in May by the arrogant sales assistant), which was closed (via a call to Verizon Customer Service in November).. so I sent the invoice back with a note to indicate the account was paid in full and closed on all lines.. as per customer services in November.. A letter arrived a week later asking me to call to see if they can help .. duh! In January I get another bill for the same line, this time with late fees and charges.. for a line that was closed in November.. I call Customer Services and get an even worse person on the end of the line, that really pissed me off big time.. the end result was that the phone was mine to do with what I wanted, but they wanted payment as well for the fact that it is discounted on price, and the second line is a new 2 year contract and I signed it , and $300 will get it terminated… Needless to say I was furious… I demanded a supervisor, who was no more help than a paper umbrella in a thunderstorm.. and am now working my way up the ladder to the CEO.. resolution is my demand based on the original information given in November.. not the gouging stance I have been getting since.. Moral of the tragedy is … get out of Verizon as soon as possible.. spread the word about their poor practices and the duping tactics they employ and you will sleep well at night.

38 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Verizon?

Compare Verizon to Similar Cell Phones more...

Verizon Customer Feedback Trending Now

200 Verizon consumers have created complaints against Verizon to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Verizon complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Verizon corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

Unfortunately, I have Verizon and am in Puerto Rico ... have been since December 15, 2014. My iphone 5 worked fine up to around the first part of February 2015. After numerous calls to Verizon tech support, tech determined my SIM card went bad. Verizon refused to send me another Sim Card, nor would they send me another phone. I even called Verizon's Corporate Office and spoke with people there - none would do anything for me. Therefore, I put my Verizon phone on suspension and had to go out and buy another phone with a Puerto Rico phone Company (Open).

I can tell you this, just as soon as I get back to the states, I'm going to drop Verizon and go with a more reliable company ... One that cares enough about their customers, because Verizon cared less about me and refused to solve my phone issue. With the millions of dollars Verizon spends on advertisement, but refused to help a paying client ... is pretty sad. It would have cost Verizon pennies to have solved my phone problem, with either a new activated Sim Card or another phone, but Verizon refused. Now, Verizon will lose me and I will be very vocal to others about how Verizon treated me.

Consumer Rating

Called Verizon to see if I could get any discounts on my current plan. Spoke to Clifford who told me I would get $65.00 per month for one year. When I received my bill, no discount. Called the day I received my bill and talked to Derek. He couldn't help out. Said he would fill out a 360 form which is to get the recording of my conservation with Cllifford. Talked to Derek's supervisor who said a supervisor would call me in 24-48 hours Of course, after 48 hours, no call from Verizon. Then I ended up talking to Rudy who stated it takes 2-4 business days for some one to call. Of course, after the 4th business day, no call. Then I talked to Ralph in the call center in Kentucky. He stated there is nothing to they could do to help me out. Clifford screwed up so " too bad.' I asked to speak to his supervisor, Julia, but she doesn't take phone calls. Ralph gave me the corporate office address to file a complaint. Ended up with a with a one time, $50.00 discount for my time. Never any follow through on Verizon's part. I was mislead and all they could say is, "too bad".

Consumer Rating

I have a cell phone with Verizon. Every month you have to make a payment of 15 dollars or more to keep your number. I do this but I do not use all my minutes because I only use my phone when I am out. I am sick and confined to the house most of the time. I have been a Verizon customer for several years and through these years I have missed my date to renew my time 4 times. Each time I have forgotten by a day or two. The people I have been in contact with have always been very nice and fixed the problem for me as the amount I have lost were not very much.

This time is different, I missed my due date by three days and you company took 117.00 from my account. I talked to a supervisor named Eddie. He informed me that since I have missed my days by three and have ran over my time three previous times there wasn't anything he could do about it. I tried to explain that people do forget and at my age it is very common. I also told him that I appreciated the time before the situation was fixed but since he couldn't return my money on the phone I would have to get another carrier. Now all this being said, I have over 100.00 on my phone in March. I think that my phone should have been credited for 1 year as it would if I had paid 100 dollars cash. I really don't want to change carriers and would appreciate it if you could credit my phone with my 117.00. I would appreciate it if you could possible make this happen.

Consumer Rating

Today, April 15th 2015, my mom and I went into the mall to go into the Verizon store to have her account changed because my father/ her husband passed March 29th 2015 and he was the main represetative of the account. When we walked into the store, all of the workers looked at us but did not even speak. There was a young lady wearing a white shirt handling a man and a woman with some issue, and there was another young lady on her left taking care of a customer kneeling on the floor. There were two gentleman one named, Trey and one named Torre and they were standing over the lady in white while she was taking care of her customer. We stood in the store for ten minutes with no service and not even a word spoken to us until my mom decided we should leave.

As we began walking out, I got pissed and said NO, HELL NO! I walked up to the counter and snappily stated: "Yes my mom needs someone to look at her account because my dad died and we have the death certificate so you can fix the account for her!?" Then I said, "Can we get some help please!?" Trey seemed to have an attitude decided to "Handle" her business as I stood there quietly watching and then Torre steps over to "Help"Trey with something that seemed like a one man job? After a few minutes, the manager pops out of the back and acts like she is working?? She starts addressing the employees only after I had gotten mad, asking them what they were doing during their attempts to help my mom and she (THE MANAGER) and Torre begin acknowledging customers as they walk in the store. But when my mom and I came in, they didn't even give a — to speak to us and the chunky white dude that was helping old people only addressed us to say have a good day when we were about to leave.

The young lady that sat to the left of the employee wearing white who seemed to be the only one doing her job, got up once to walk to speak to someone and as she walked by she held her nametag under her sweater so I could not get her name. As Torre was "Helping two young chicks and flirting" the manager (Woman) decides to go speak to another verizon employee as he walks back in from break and after talking to him she hides behind Torre doing nothing. Then when she catches me watching her, she covers her nametag with her hand and tries to avoid my mom and I at all costs. The point of this complaint is that my dad died and we are grieving and to be disrespected by the phone company that my dad and mom have been with for over five years really pisses me off. If nothing is done I will take my mom to cricket whom I have been with for seven years, and they take care of me and are friendly and have better deals. I need a response asap because if I do not get one I will continue up the chain until I find someone willing to help.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

Verizon Wireless has done everything possible to prevent me from becoming a customer.

1. The customer service number automated system does not work unless you are already a customer with a Verizon account number. So what unintelligent bozo would list this number for someone trying to establish service?

2. They can't tell you which credit bureau they use when trying to establish service, so you have to remove the credit freeze on all three bureaus incurring a much higher charge than any other utility company.

3. My Edge order is rejected and no one can tell me why this would be when my FICO score has never been below 790. The sales rep clearly couldn't care less and has no interest in trying to find an answer.

4. Verizon puts a $1 charge through to my credit card used on the Edge order and then credits it back causing my credit card company to send me a fraud alert. Unlike Verizon, the credit card company actually cares and tells me that they did not block the charge and reassures me that my FICO score is one of the highest. They can think of no reason whatsoever that my Edge application should be turned down.

5. After spending many hours going round and round with various Verizon reps, the order finally goes through. Now I start getting calls from the port center. When I call the number they left to give them my account number with my current cell phone provider, I get another automated system that offers no possibility of speaking with a real person. It does offer me an option to key in the account number. I do that, the system says okay and hangs up. The next day I get another call from the port center saying that they need the account number. I tell her what happened when I called the number and she said I need to speak to a real person instead of keying it into the automatic phone responder. Of course, I'm at work and don't have the account number. She gives me another number to call when I get home and tells me if I just keep punching in 0s, it will put me through to a real person. I can then ask for the port center. Well, I tried that and guess what? It's the same number I tried back when I was attempting to place the order. Keying in 0s gets me nowhere. I can't get past the gatekeeper that says I don't have a Verizon account number and then hangs up.

6. I try to enter the Community forum, using the option for people who are not Verizon customers. It refuses my registration because I'm apparently not entering the correct I'm-a-person-not-a-spam-spewer check. But I am entering the right thing and it refuses to generate a new code, so I can't join the forum.

7. They send the phone via FedEx, but I need to sign for it. Why didn't anyone tell me this? I wasted hours trying to figure out how to schedule a delivery with FedEx at a time I will be home. No luck there. FedEx will not allow me to do this. So I either have to drive 30 miles into the closest large city or sign a slip that says FedEx will not be held liable if they leave the package when I am not at home.

Seriously, why would any company make it this difficult for someone to become a customer?!?!

Consumer Rating

When I resigned contract with Verizon they offered 50% discount on my line access charges. Since then no month it was applied and it has been a constant fight to get that credit. Horrible and cheaters and non-trustworthy company

Consumer Rating

The phone has been out for 2 days. The Verizon service center is a joke. They promised a technician yesterday...big surprise that no one showed. When I called today, I got shuffled around to different people and phone numbers that would not allow me access to a person. When I asked to speak to a supervisor (Jenna Malo was the name given), they connected me to a number and left me on hold until I finally hung up after waiting 15 minutes (which, considering the runaround I got, is probably how they dump unhappy customers!). They actually told me at 9:30 this AM that I was the next job to be done. That was nearly 3 hrs ago, and the repairman just showed. He only received a notification of my problem this morning. Apparently they are as nice to their repair people as they are to the consumer.

My lost time? about 1 hour telephone, and about 1 hour internet trying to find out how to complain to someone who would listen. Big surprise there - Verizon is so scared of what the consumer has to say that it either doesn't have a complaint department, or is unwilling to provide access to it. But my time is immaterial to what Verizon has cost my company. For 2 days we have tried t operate off a fax line - which means we have lost thousands of dollars due to lost sales - our customers could not get through.
I sure would like to see Verizon try to operate a business on 1 telephone connected to a fax line for 2 days!

Consumer Rating

For the last five months, I didn't get a single bill from Verizon. They sent it to the wrong address, in which they added charges for duplicate bills when I never received the original ones. Then, I paid $96 for iPhone 5, and they called to say that they could lower it $10. I wanted the insurance off which would have been another $10 off as well as the late charges (which should never have been penalized to me). I spoke with Brad at 4:25pm today 4/13/15 and he said that he would take care of it. Fingers crossed, but every month the same thing happens. The billing department does what they want and they do not listen to the customers or their representatives. They even took money by wire when I mailed them a check! I never gave them permission for this which scares me! What other money will they take from me without my permission? Might as well switch to AT&T and not deal with this hassle.

Consumer Rating

My iphone had problems. Took to store. They said my phone under guarantee so they ordered NEW phone. I received a used phone. 4s. Yrs ago same thing happened. Used phone the worse than my phone. Then verizon exchanged the used phone for a new phone. This time I was told I had to take the used phone. It's verizone policy. I've been with verizon 12 yrs. this is first time I'm unhappy. I will never recommend verizon again. I will look for other options when contract expires. Thank you

Consumer Rating

I went to florida in September 2014 to stay with my daughter, I had computer service installed there with Verizon. they said my first 2 months would be 55 a month and then would drop to 35 a month because of installation charges. so in November December January and February I paid the 35 a month, I had to leave Florida early so I canceled around the 24th of February and sent back the equipment I thought I might get a small refund back. Now here it is April 13th and I get a bill in Michigan for 129.00. If I had owed money my bill would not have dropped to 35 a month. No one can explain it to me and I am very upset as I was planning on going to Florida again this year and installing internet again. They never said anything other than it was 40 to install it.

Consumer Rating

I am writing on behalf of my 95 year old mother, we called repair for her phone line, repair said it was an outside problem they would send a
technician, technician comes tells us the line can't be repaired, how can you explain that when he did not check the pole outside did not
get out of his truck to check the line, all he wanted to do was to sell fiber optics which we do not need or want, just fix the line, so he claims
they can't fix it. so explain how the phone that they said couldn't be fix received two phone calls, on that phone, so we called again and
said the phone is working, then later on that night the phone went dead. explain if you can. then that wasn't enough they called my home
at 1:30 in the morning to say the service was cancelled, that is not very professional or acceptable, I have told everyone what you did and
everyone says the same thing.. try to sell people something they don't want. so you make threats to turn their service off. you should be
ashamed to turn off 95 year old woman's phone.

Consumer Rating

Unable to resolve why my Verizon bill was so high this month. I changed my plan on 03/04/15 and instead of prorating my bill and my plan you back charged me to 02/15/15. I have been a customer since 1998 and don't feel I have been treated fairly. Tried to take of this last week with an online chat and the person ended the chat with me for no apparent reason. Without resolving my issue. Very unhappy with Verizon today.

Consumer Rating

I'm having an issue if you can look at my account the telephone number starting back in August I had a whole lot of issues with the phone and service so eventually I decided to cancel the service at this point now I wanted to come back to Verizon, however because of a mistake and things that happened with Verizon and I'm not able to come back even though I have a negative balance I was trying to get with the edge program I spoke to maybe 5 representative today no one really helped me so I'm emailing you a reference to this if you can give me a call when she take a moment to look at it.

Consumer Rating

My boyfriend was mislead about his data plan and ended up with a $600 bill in one month that Verizon refuses to prorate. They have handled this very unprofessionally. He was about to add his business cellular to his plan - they are losing the opportunity have a loyal customer with not only personal lines but a business account as well. This is bad service by Verizon - they should own up to their miscommunication and resolve his issue in a professional and respective manner. He was on the phone for literally 2.5 hours last night trying, very nicely, to be heard. All they could say was, "there isn't anything we can do for you, sir." That's inexcusable service, especially in this day and age, and over such a seemingly small amount in terms of Verizon's overall revenue.

Consumer Rating

I called Verizon 3/25 because my hd channels weren't workong, after going thru the long automated system I finally got s real person. After talking with him and after he "tried" to fix my issue we created a fix request for 4/3 between 3-5. On 4/3 at 1pm the tech called and said he would be at my home in 30 minutes. 1:30, 2:00, 2:30 went by and he didn't show. I called him to see where he was and he said he came to my house and no one was home. That was absolute crap because I was home waiting for him, so that's the first issue. So I updated my request to 4/11 between 10-12. I took a screen shot of the confirmation and I am SO glad I did. So of course this guy never showed up so I called Verizon. They said the ticket was canceled on 4/3 and I kept arguing with them that I had the confirmation it was successfully updated. I kept being put on hold and they they just kept telling me there is nothing they can do since it isn't in the system. They also said their dispatch center is at max capacity for my area and they can't get someone to come out until Monday. I HATE Verizon and I am going to switch, their customer service is absolute BS!

Consumer Rating

I am constantly getting unwanted calls from solicitors asking for donations. Sometimes as many as a dozen a day and they start very early in the morning. A lot of the time when I answer the phone there is no one there. I feel I am being harassed. I am on the National Do Not Call Registry but it doesn't seem to do any good. What can I add to my phone line to block these calls. It is almost impossible to get any answers when you call your Verizon number. I am about ready to change phone companies.

Consumer Rating

Verizon on FIOS I was told need to purchase a new battery for my internet to work; I purchase new battery with Jon help; had battery replaced; then my router was out and I needed a new router; this was sent to me and on Sunday 4/5/15 I called customer service to assist me in getting on line.... the assistance was very poor. I had to argue that this was wireless but he said that I only could use my wireless lap top with either cord connection to use my computer. that would be me sitting in my closet to use my lap top. after disconnecting the either connection I got on line with help with Mark....then I got dissed out again. my balance is paid up but have not been able to use my computer since Monday 4/6/15. in the mean time with no internet your office leave messages to send back all my equipment to your office and my internet connection again was disconnected again....your office need to update your files; stop harassing me with this return all my equipment or you will charge me for the equipment. I am paying for the service but your office has discontinued my service my service I spoke to customer service Mark than transferred me to Kenisha who was no help. I on my own hit the reset button and seems is working. I am not hording your equipment will return your router but in the manner of how you requested was rude and provided really bad customer service. the phone calls asking for all equipment to be returned back sounded like I was in arrears of my account n credit balance showing I have paid upfront. to have the continuous service; but your office sent to me t shows how disconnected you are to your customers. I expect that customer service should be better than what you have provided me. in future I will definitely have reservations on referring others in obtaining the FIOS service....oh I fixed the on line issue without your support help. they too were incompetent in assisting me in getting on line!

Consumer Rating

On 03/27/2015 I paid my Verizon account $733.08 using my personnel checking account. I had forgotten that I had set up that same payment with Verizon Bill Pay, also in the amount of $733.08. After seeing what had happened I notified Verizon Customer Service of the double payment that I had made, the representative told me that they would return the overpaid funds within 6 to 10 days. To my surprise on 04/02/2015 I checked my checking account to find that Verizon Wireless again had taken $733.08 out of my account. I called Verizon Customer Service, and spoke to an extremely rude person who spoke continuously for 5 minutes, while I was shouting into the phone in order to let her know she had my issue wrong. Again I was told by their representative that Verizon would credit my checking account within 6 to 10 days, and that this would include my banking charges for over draft in the sum of $175.00. So on 04/08/2015 I check my checking account to see if Verizon had returned the money they have promised to return, and I'll be dammed, they took another $733.08 from my account again.

I called Verizon Customer Service again to be told that they were very sorry for all the issues that this was causing me, and that they would make sure that this was taken to the proper department this time so that it could be handled properly. So today 04/10/2015 I received a courtesy call from Verizon Customer Service regarding if I was satisfied with Verizon Customer Service. I bet that the young lady on the other side of the line wasn't quit ready for me and my disenchantment, and the utter disregard relying in the truth with Verizon Customer Service. She got both barrel, and after a lengthy conversation with Lacey I was to find out that all the other Verizon Customer Service Specialist have been lying to me about the credit that I was to receive within 6 to 10 days. I would like to know who wrote the script that the Verizon Customer Service Specialist read from, because it is great for Verizon. I was told by every Verizon Customer Service Specialist that the checking fees that had occurred due to Verizon removing the money from my account, that I would have no issue in getting the $175.00 back from Verizon Wireless, another lie.

Verizon Wireless has great cell service, but Verizon Customer Service Specialist need a lesson in humility, and compassion for it's customers.

Consumer Rating

You removed the WEATHER CHANNEL and replaced it with ACCUWEATHER. WHAT A SHAME. Accuweather is useless to me as it does not tell me about local weather in Buffalo, NY. It is worthless and a discredit for showing it. The weather channel, even with its recent changes that degraded it is still very useful. In the recent snow storms this winter they kept me up to date on the serious situation. You people sure have screwed up. I can not even get my local weather on TV except at news time and then I have to wait to see it.

Consumer Rating

I purchased 700 minutes, prepaid on Dec 23,2014. My cell phone is used only as a backup for my home phone or if I am traveling. I did not try the phone till Mar of 2015. I was told I was disconnected, I went to a Verizon store on Apr 10 to check out the problem & was told that I had called on Feb23,2015. That is NOT true, I had not used the phone at all & no one else has access to it. I have tried the customer service # to no avail. Verizon, I want my money back for the prepaid minutes I have NEVER used.

Contact the Verizon Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Verizon. What is their corporate mailing address?

• PO Box 11328
    • St Petersburg
    • FL 33733
  • I want to call the Verizon customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

(800) 922-0204
  • I need to visit the Verizon company website. What is their website address?