Verizon

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Verizon

Posted by andy marsland on Jan 16, 2015
Customer Rating

Verizon have a history of poor customer service, misrepresentation of their products, contracts and services provided, and will openly tell you one detail whilst billing you for something else..
And if you want to take an early termination, then beware of the hidden agenda and fraudulent billing practices that Verizon has adopted..
In early May 2014, I had the misfortune to drop my current phone and as luck would have it, it landed on the corner and broke the glass, rendering the Razr useless.
I went to my local Verizon store to see if they could replace the phone only to be informed by an arrogant assistant that because my plan was no longer available they could only reinstate my phone service by the addition of a second line.
I questioned this option repeatedly, and as explained to me from the ‘experts’ at the store, the new line would be a “dummy” line to get me back onto the Verizon phone service that day.
The choice was limited … no phone service or take what the expert was offering.
I asked about the cost? , the use of the line?, would I need it at all? and why would I need a second line?
So it boiled down to an extra $10 per month, would get me back on phone service and I could use it as an emergency line ( as the assistant told me he did himself).
Ok,
So I agreed based on his expertise…
When the first bill arrived it was for over $100, and included a huge amount of add on fees that was not given to me at the initial consultation… I went back to the store, and was told that there was nothing they could do about it as it was another line addition and those fees were government imposed !
Now I’m upset at the situation (2 lines and two bills – one of which I did not want), and told them so… and I cannot cancel the line !!!
Over the next two billing cycles the actual line cost became clear at $29 plus taxes and fees.. not the $15 as stated
This was the first mislead from Verizon.
I investigated other options and decided that no help was going to come from Verizon. When the billing through June July and August of 2014, got to a higher point with no reasonable explanation, I looked at another carrier and went with them taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 with me.. best thing I did to rid myself of Verizon…
Not so fast…
I called in November 2014 to cancel my Verizon account, was told that an early termination fee was due of $140 and that it would close the account on both lines. I asked specifically about the two lines being closed and was assured that this would close the account.. so I paid!
Next comes a billing invoice for December 2014, which asks for payment on the second line (opened in May by the arrogant sales assistant), which was closed (via a call to Verizon Customer Service in November).. so I sent the invoice back with a note to indicate the account was paid in full and closed on all lines.. as per customer services in November..
A letter arrived a week later asking me to call to see if they can help .. duh!
In January I get another bill for the same line, this time with late fees and charges.. for a line that was closed in November..
I call Customer Services and get an even worse person on the end of the line, that really pissed me off big time.. the end result was that the phone was mine to do with what I wanted, but they wanted payment as well for the fact that it is discounted on price, and the second line is a new 2 year contract and I signed it , and $300 will get it terminated…
Needless to say I was furious… I demanded a supervisor, who was no more help than a paper umbrella in a thunderstorm.. and am now working my way up the ladder to the CEO.. resolution is my demand based on the original information given in November.. not the gouging stance I have been getting since..
Moral of the tragedy is … get out of Verizon as soon as possible.. spread the word about their poor practices and the duping tactics they employ and you will sleep well at night.

10 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Verizon provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Verizon?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.99 out of 5
1.99 out of 5 Stars
140 Consumer Reviews

Verizon
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Verizon. What is their corporate mailing address?

PO Box 11328
St Petersburg, FL 33733

I want to call the Verizon customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

(800) 922-0204

I need to visit the Verizon company website. What is their website address?

More Verizon Complaints

Customer Rating

I contacted Verizon in regards to my malfunctioning iPhone 4. After hearing the complaints and them testing i was told that I could send someone directly to the store to get the phone and to put the old one in the mail. Upon that person arriving, nothing had been entered into the system. This started approximately two and a half weeks ago. During that time span I have spoken with over 15 Verizon employees as well as writing this complaint. i would like you to review all the things that has occurred, and with the seriousness of sharing my physical condition I feel like this should have been taken care of immediately. Please contact me as soon as possible.

Margaretta Graves
(815)823-4591
(815)823-4591

P.s. as a new customer, I question your interest in meeting your customers needs in a timely manner.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I had Verizon and was pretty satisfied until this happened.. We were moving from Pennsylvania to Maryland and I wanted to transfer with Verizon. They said no problem all they had to do was to "switch me off in PA and turn on my service in MD". Sounds simple doesn't it? Then the nightmare began, with hours of hold time and frustration and zero help from Verizon. Here's what happened.. There was a delay in Maryland due to the strike, they said three to four weeks to have my service installed.

I was ok with that and asked them to put me in que, but they TURNED OFF MY VERIZON E-MAIL SERVICE which had very important communications for my small business. Verizon said since I cancelled service they would not turn it back on. I said on numerous times "I DID NOT CANCEL MY SERVICE, YOU "TURNED OFF THE SWITCH" IN PA! My e-mail has been lost with zero help from Verizon! Verizon - NEVER AGAIN..HAPPY WITH COMCAST!!

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I was offered, explained and requested a plan , only to find out on my new bill that I did not get that plan – and now told its to late to get plan ., plus its not a good plan for me anyway. I was offered one thing and set up for something else

I feel duped. I did not authorize 60 loyalty plan , I don’t want it , I should get what I was offered on that date. My Verizon notes show a promotion plan offered to me on 2/26/14

So I feel frauded because I was offered one thing and just now offered nothing but excuses and apologizes.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

My wife and I just got new 5c I phones after having t mobile for about 20 years. It seem that we lose our signal and get cut off in the middle of a conversation. We went into the Verizon store at the airport center dr in Jacksonville Fl to try and get some help. The employee was as rude as can be and would not even look at the phone but all he tried to do is sell us an adapter for $250.00 to increase the signal. If we had known that was going to be a problem with Verizon we would never have changed. If the gentleman would at least have spent some time and explained things to us or at least really listened about our problem. He said there was not a tower close by and because we were so close to the airport we would get BAD reception. Not very good representation for a company. Please can you try and help with our situation. Thank you.
Mr. Jeffrey Reiss

Customer Rating

I had Verizon Internet in Virginia. When I terminated the account, Verizon continued to charge me phone line support. I applied for a mortgage loan and saw the collections on my credit. I attempted to resolve this many times. I now live in Texas which complicates matters. I could not get it resolved and hired an attorney. He suggested I pay the $99 plus dollars which I did not owe just to get it off my credit. I did that. About two weeks ago, I have yet another collections agency contacting me about this paid bill. I mailed them a letter plus the BOA bill payment receipt showing the payment and date cleared. I sent the same information to Verizon Dispute resolution manager at one Verizon way in Arlington Virginia but the letter was returned as “unable to forward”. I have already paid a bill I do not owe and certainly don’t intend on paying it again. My cell is 804-982-2095. Address was 5113 Dorset Mews, Williamsburg, Va 23188. Please contact me so this can be resolved. Thank you, Brenda Frame

Customer Rating

I had purchased a pre-pay Samsung Gusto2, with the help of the online sales rep, on 2/17/2014, and added $50 towards minutes to my bill. The rep explained that I should leave this phone in the original box/packaging until I wish to change my service from USCellular to Verizon. USCellular is leaving my state of Missouri soon, so was forced to find a replacement carrier that had service to my area- Verizon was the only option unfortunately. On Monday 3/25, I removed the phone from the packaging, as I was planning to change my service on Tuesday at a Verizon outlet 42 miles from me. I made certain I had every piece of paperwork from my new phone, USCellular, and just in case, a credit card. The battery was still in its original packaging unopened. When I arrived at the first Verizon outlet (Bethany) , I was told that they do not deal with pre-pay phones, that I should go to the Verizon outlet located in another town (Princeton). I did so. The woman says her computer is down and does not expect to have another computer until Friday, that I should go to Trenton where they can help me. Another 30 miles to the Trenton outlet, so off I went determined to change my service, as my contract with USCellular runs out on April 1. The woman there (Sarah) was very helpful and patient. She opened the battery, placed it into the phone to ONLY move my photos and contacts into my new Verizon phone. The phone did not work-the buttons (Down and OK) had to be pushed repeatedly, and in general did not operate. Plus, her store again, did not deal with pre-pay phones, so I would need to phone Verizon to get my number ported and start my service. I cannot move my photos and contacts, nor so much as port my number and start my service, if I do not have a working phone! Now what do I do?? While sitting in the Trenton store, I called Verizon customer service for answers. After speaking with SIXTEEN different people at Verizon customer care, multiple departments including CUSTOMER SERVICE on at LEAST three occasions, tech support, tech support for pre-pay (Yes, two different depts), several disconnects and starting the process over again, being on hold OVER AN HOUR, and finally running out my battery after THREE AND A HALF HOURS of my explaining the situation an estimated 20 times, all while IN THE VERIZON STORE, I have no answers as to what to do in this situation!! The representative, Sarah, at the Trenton store, verified three separate times, that this BRAND NEW, UNUSED phone is defective and explained exactly HOW it was, to the other end of the line at Verizon when requested. They have every bit of information Sarah and I could give them, but still, no resolve, no answers, and no conclusions. Driving 140 miles in one morning for literally nothing, was a waste of time and effort. If this is the way Verizon cares for their customers, I dread the consequences for the unavoidable necessity of being forced to use this company as my carrier. Looks like I have no choice. I will have no service through USCellular after April 1. But, I have no working phone with Verizon either! VERY DISAPPOINTED with Verizon and how they have treated this situation. From the sound of other complaints, this is staus-quo with them, so do not expect any kind of resolve as I must again purchase yet another phone through them and start over. I will lose my photos and contacts in my phone when my service ends with USCellular, and go without any phone until Verizon gets their act together. Deplorable way of doing business.

Customer Rating

I went to a Verizon store last week to get a new cell phone. While there the agent convinced me to by wireless capability for my home, and the device would only cost me $1.00. I bought it and took it home to install. After spending 2.5 hours with a technician, it was determined that the device would not work in my home, so I took it back to the store, and they accepted it. When I got back home I went to use my internet and found out it was down, and so was my land line phone. When I called Verizon, I was told that my number had been ported over to Verizon wireless. When I called Verizon wireless they told me that my number had been ported back to copper. After many hours on the phone with different customer service representatives, and someone in the billing department, I was told that my account had been closed, and that I would have to open a new account.

They could give me back my old number, but a technician would have to come out to the house to do (what I don't know) and it would be about a week before he could get here. I asked why they could not just reconnect me like they disconnected me, and they could give me no real answer. And I was also going to be charged an installation fee of $29, but then the customer service rep said that she would waive the fee. I can hardly wait to see bill. I still have my Verizon modem so I don't know why another one has to be installed. This whole thing is Verizon's fault, and yet I am going to get billed for something I did not do. Today I got a message telling me that a package from Verizon was being sent to me. I can only assume it is another modem which I don't need, and will probably be charged for. I am a Verizon stock holder, and have been with Verizon for a long time (about 30 years), but I am considering switching carriers soon, because of all the run around. By the way, do you know that Verizon Wireless and Verizon Landline are two different companies, and they do not talk to one another. No damned wonder things are so screwed up and nothing gets done easily.

Customer Rating

Offered incentives via e-mail including but not limited to increased data. When contacted Rep repeated all offers. Upon agreement I was notified that [all of the offer ,data increase for the year was in error. Mind you this was two monthes later. Supervisor response was although their was a record of offer, it was in error. However, they would extend the offer if I prepaid up front. Verizon lies have made a thirty year plus customer chalk off the days till the end of my contracts that pay them $500 plus per month. Be careful all those who entertain their business.

Customer Rating

Verizon has overcharges and has been uncooperative in interactions. Our charges are easily $75 more than should be in a one month cycle. Shame on Verizon for no transparency, poor communication and over charges. I am looking for a buy out plan. Our phone is for one person, it should never reach the near $200 mark.

Customer Rating

I have/had an account with Verizon. I recently went into the Verizon in Chicago, Il on 79th and Cicero to upgrade my phone. I went in and stated that my battery is no longer working and that I would like to see my options, possible upgrade.

The sales person looked up my info and said that I could get the same phone, and have a lower bill and stay month to month until I seen a phone that I liked and then I could upgrade.

I thought that was great and said for him to send(mail me the phone). I also paid a fee to pay for a months worth of use. I recieved the phone on the following Tues. , however to my SURPRISE no battery comes with the phone. Refer to above where I stated that the purpose of me coming to the store was because my battery was dieing. The salesperson NEVER mentioned that no battery was included!!!

I return back to the store and talk with another sales person and explain my story, he smiled and said he knew who I was referring to (salesperson) and that has happened before!! I said I also paid a fee to have my phone paid for a month.

He looked up my account and said since it was a month by month bill I am going to lose my money since the phone does not come with a battery. I would lose my money because my battery on my old phone was no longer working and I had no use for the phone.

I asked to talk wtih a supervisor. He laughed and said "he is just going to tell you the same thing." I find that to be VERY rude, and asked him again to speak to the manager. The sales person came back and said the manager was on the phone and that he would be a minute. I said I would wait.

A few minutes went by and the sales person went to the backroom and then came walking out with the manager talking. The manager walks away and the sales person said that the best they could do was order me a new battery that would take 2 business days. I remind you that I have no phone and have already waited 3 previous days.

I said that I would like to purchase a new phone and could he just credit my account, since I would be giving money to Verizon anyway seeing that I would like to buy accessaries plus the cost of the phone would be still a bill.
He said no.

I am upset that the manager would not even acknowledge that I was in there are that his employee is the one who in causing my inconvience! I let the salesman know that I will be canceling my service, and his response was, ok.

I had been a customer to Verizon for a few years and enjoyed the service however, due to such extreme rudeness, especially since it was Verizon's employess fault, I am canceling my service.

I am hoping that you look into that store and I hope that other customers are not treated as poorly as I have been.

Customer Rating

I am extremely upset with Verizon. I have been a VERIZON EMPLOYEE and customer for many years. Let me start by saying that back in December 2012 my husband Droid incledible 2 stopped working. My husband returned the phone via United States Post Office in Garland Tx the Main post office where he works. The phone would not hold a charge and can not be used so I went to the Verizon store and got a replacement the next day.

2 weeks went by and my husband dropped the phone cracked the screen and you were able to use it but could not see who was calling or could not see the text due to the screen color being distorted. Went back to verizon store and another phone was ordered and I received the next day. My husband returned the phone in the same way as the previous phone.

Verizon received one phone but not the other. I called in January to dispute this charge $487. This was including the taxes that were billed to me. The representative notated the account and was real helpful at the time, the next month came and I received a call from financial services and I explained I am disputing a charge and all the representative were sympathetic and willing to help.

However the 3rd month rolled and same thing called and spoke to customer service which informed me that that ESPN number was found on someone else's account and a credit should appear on my bill, wellfinancial services called me because customer service and financial services do not communicate the dispute. This person Carolyn informed me that she could not hold my account until I give them a tracking number and I had to call customer service myself and get the tracking number, if I did not do this they will disconnect my service. Now I am on a transplant list so therefore my service can not be interrupted for no time.

I am permanently disabled even though I am still employees with Verizon I am on medical leave. I explained that the esn# as I was told is on someone elses account and has been located, however since I do not have a tracking number thru the post office due to my husband working there and shipped it from the main post office he was not issued a tracking number. However the label had Verizon's information and my information.

Now they informed me I must pay the total amount so my services would not be interrupted. I asked to speak to a supervisor this representative informed me I had to hang up and call back she could not transfer me to a supervisor, but she was more than able to transfer me to customer service. Which I spoke to the representative which informed me that she couldn't help me.

She saw the notes from day one and the remarks that the esn# was on someone else's account, then she inplided that I could of sold the phone or given it to the person that activated the account, but was not able to give me any other information. I have never worked for anyone which accused me or implied that I sold the phone or gave it to someone else to avoid not paying my bill. I am not only appalled by the accusation but disgusted that an employee for 18 years would get treated this way.

I do not have this useless phone that do not work, I do not know how to refurbish a phone to fix it then to sell it or give it anyone else. I am filing a formal complaint and also contacting the courts to file a motion to take my company that I work for to court behind this matter of $487 . How can I tell anyone or refer anyone to verizon when I am stuck paying for a phone that I returned, to avoid interruption of service due to my terminal illness?

There is no way I will ever refer anyone to do business with Verizon. I am ashamed to be an employee that would do such a thing. I am filing a claim to get my money back, if I do not get satisfaction or no response I will go to my local news and inform them of your employees implying that all of this is not true. Sincerely Lady Fisher Verizon Employee.

Customer Rating

My problem started on 11/4/11.When I went to use my cell phone that morning the screen said searching for service. The next day I went to the verizon store to see if they could reslolve my issue. They said they would send me a new one whichthey did. when I recieved it I activated it and found the same problem,searching for service.I went back to the store They looked into it again and after an hour they determined that I somehow recieved another one in a million phone with the same problem.

THEY SAID THEY WOULD OVERNIGHT ANOTHER PHONE. well here it is 48 hours later ,still no phone. I just went online to try to find someone who could help. The only person I could find was a sales rep. I asked her to refer me to someone who could help me she gave me an 800 number, well I have no phone hence I could't call anyone i asked her to refer me to someone online she said there was noone to refer me to. I need to state that this is not a customer friendly company, who apparently does'nt care if they lose one small insignificant customer.

I sincerely hope that many others like myself see their uncaring attitude towards the small guy. And decide to move on!!!

Customer Rating

Well this is long but will try to keep it as short as possible. My complaint starts in Sept 2011. I live in a rural area and have since sept 05. The first couple yrs I would get just enough cell service to let me know if someone called or a voicemail but if I tried to answer it I would get a drop call. Well a little over 2 yrs ago my sister and even a few that owned cabins in the area would be able to send and receive calls even get emails and the web if their phones had 3G.

Well after the spring of 2010 I called verizon and asked about why I could only get limited service while others got full service.Their answer was I needed to up gradwe my cell phone. Well I am a home body and I go to work and home and with where I live I get about 20 minutes or so of signal before I have to go into work ( I can't take my cell into work do to the nature of my work)I also work 6 days a week and I get about 20 minutes of signal before loosing service on the way home.

So for at least 6 days a week I have use of my cell for a total of 6 hrs a week (giving 30 minutes of service to and from work. So anyways to upgrade my cell I now would have to get a phone with internet on it which for 6 hrs a week and calling who I need to doesn't leave much time for the web so I really don't need or want it. But in order to get rid of my land line I would have to. I kept toying with it and then in June of 2010 I upgraded to the blackberry I have now. I wanted to make sure I had good service before dropping my land line. March of 2011 I was having no problems with my cell so I paid the last bill and shut my land line down.

NOW the problem starts. in Sept of 2011 I lost signal and so did all that came to their cabins which we all have different phones from 3G to 4G but when the signal was lost for a few days I called Verizon wireless and the person I talked to said I needed to update my phone by dialing*228. I said okay and did that ( didn't help my signal). I called back and they told me I would have to call from another phone so they could run test on it. I told them it isn't my phone being there are at least 6 different types of phones not getting signals.

Now Oct comes and goes and after numerous calls along with my sister and others we were all getting different asnwers to why we no longer get the signal. Hell one of the guys that owns a cabin near me works for verizon and had checked into it and they told him they had re-adjusted the towers a 1/4 turn that is why we no longer get the signal.

Well my contract requires me to have a home phone or cell if they have to call me at home. This would be okay if I had a signal at home but as I said I am a home body and when I am off work for my 2 days there are times I do not go into town for either day but now I have to drive 11 miles before getting a signal and have to make that drive a couple times a day to see if work called. If I have no phone at home I can be fired over it. So with the numerous calls and even trying magic jake ( which will not work normally with satelite..MJ will tell you it does work but what they don't tell you is there is about a 30 second delay between you saying hi to the one you called and another 30 second delay for them to say hi back, so that type of call is impossible to have a concersation with)

So now it is the thanksgiving holiday so I call on that wed to order a new line (as any chance of me getting a cell signal is a lost cause) So being I have to be at home between 8 am and 5 pm with my secdule I make a appointment for today Dec 12th and I have been here all day except for 30 minutes at 2 pm that I drove down to a signal to check my voicemail to see if they called. Well I even left a note on my door when I left and when I would be back just in case they showed while I was gone. It is now 4:10 pm and I still don't see anyone around.
The thing is I have to work the next 6 days and will not be off until next Monday so it may end up being another week. I did check my order status when I went to check my voicemails and the status said it is scheduled for being activated today.

I think I will call them around 5:30 and if they can't just flip the switch I will make a appointment but they will be made to come in the morning before I go to work (as I work 2nd shift and am home til 1pm) Or if I have to take a day off work I will tell them they will pay my daily wages for that day. I would terminate my cell but then I get stuck with early termination fees of about $400. So much for trying to save a little on bills...THANKS VERIZON

Customer Rating

On Nov 30, 2011, I ordered the Verizon FIOS “triple play” package- TV, phone and internet services, and scheduled the install on Dec 17, 2011. The Verizon web site stated I should allow a 4-6 hour window for the install. The person I spoke with stated I needed to be available between 8am and 5pm (9 hr window). They stated a tech would call Dec 17 (the day of the install) to coordinate their visit. They assured me that despite the wait, billing would not commence until installation was complete.

Dec 17 arrived and I checked the Verizon site in the morning. It showed an appointment and an installations scheduled between 8am and 5pm. I decided to call at 8am to verify, but got a recording stating that their offices did not open until 9am. I called about 9:15 and was told that there was an order in the system, but that there was an error code, and that the call was not dispatched. After spending about 45 minutes on the phone, they stated that I did not need to stay on, that they should be able to figure out what the error meant and correct it. I stated that I already set aside the day and wanted to have the install performed on the scheduled day as agreed. They stated that they should be able to correct the error and have FIOS installed that day. (End of call about 10am.) I asked that they follow up and apprise me of the status, and they agreed to do so.

I did not hear back, and after several hours called Verizon (about 12:30) to make sure then error was corrected and that the install would be completed on 12/17. The rep stated that there was an error on the system of the installers’ group, but no error on their system. They could not tell me what the error meant.. I stayed on over an hour and a half while they tried to find out what was going on. I had to ask to speak with a supervisor SIX times (politely 3 times, then demand 3 more times) before they would put one on the line with me.

The supervisor stated that the order has a defect and would have to be cancelled, and that we would have to start from scratch. This would mean a completely wasted day, and likely having to a number of wait weeks more before I could get FIOS installed. I explained that I was very unhappy, and chose to cancel. The supervisor stated that I would get a call later confirming the cancellation.

I got a call later that day stating that the error prevented them from cancelling the order, and that it would have to wait until their business office was open on Monday. He also suggested that Verizon might charge for services. (Mind you, services I never even received, since they never visited, and never installed anything.)

If there was a problem with the order, Verizon had 17 days to realize and correct their error, or at a minimum, notify me of a problem so that I would not have wasted a day for no reason at all. If I had not called to find out the status, the day would have come and gone with no word from Verizon. This is not a way to generate goodwill with a customer. I was finally so disgusted with Verizon’s handling of the matter that I chose to cancel my order. I am currently evaluating other vendors.

I naively anticipated that Verizon would provide efficient and professional service, but I was most disappointed to find out that they were disorganized, had competency issues, and were not customer friendly.

Customer Rating

I called Verizon on several ocassions and went throught the terrible phone system that cuts you off before you even get to speak to a human being which is rare with Verizon. I even went on-line to the chat that was also terrible. Are there any human beings that work there. After finally punching random buttons on the phone out of frustration I finally got a human being. I asked them the change my package because paying $200.00 month for TV was not in my budget. Well we went through the packages and finally got the bill down to something affordable SO I THROUGHT.

Well I get my bill for a WHOPPING $600.00 WTF!!!!! Direct TV is intalling my dish tonight. I'm so disgusted with Verizon I can't even speak to them to them to find out what happended and what charges they added to my bill when I took some of the packages off. Worst customer service ever!!! Worse than Comcast...geez. Even went to their satellite office in Bowie, MD and they were useless, they directed me to the phone to call customer service.

Customer Rating

I have been corresponding with Verizon since April 2012 to have our land line and internet service set up. First off: they delivered our modem to the wrong address - the delivery person just left the modem there without any comment or signed receipt

2nd: I asked for another modem - I was told I was going to be charged because they'd already delivered it - I explained that I'd never received it and they had not record of anyone signing for it, but they insisted that I would be charged regardless.

3rd: More phone calls were made and was put on hold for at least .5 hour each time and was assured the modem was on it's way - no modem

4th: Our land line was working - finally - it was now June, but still no modem

5th: Finally received the modem - yay! - it's now October and we follow all the instructions and it all works! - can you believe it???

6th: The next day, our phone keeps ringing with an odd ring - when we pick it up, someone else it speaking - weird - we call Verizon - they tell us they will have it repaired - we call and say say it's been taken care of - that's funny, because it still isn't working!!!!! - they assure us once again, that it is working, but of course it isn't - they will send a technician the next day to fix it - he never arrives, but they tell us the problem has been resolved

7th: it is now October 31st and we still do not have any land line service. What the heck does a person have to do to get this company to react? It is unethical, dishonest and so frustrating!

Customer Rating

Years ago, I had Verizon Fios Triple Play. Things would stop working for no reason, and every time I called, they could never find my account in their system without a 15min run around. I could never get them to fix why my number wouldn't pull up my account (had to search by address or ssn, which had a 50/50 chance of pulling up my account), and after awhile I got sick of dealing with them and went to comcast (an equally bad service, who could at least find my account when I called every month when it stopped working).

Well, I should have known better when I got Verizon's offer this past June for Triple Play at an amazingly low price. Like a big dummy, in July I called them to set it up. It's now October, and they still haven't been able to come out for the install.

They set my first appointment up for 3 weeks in the future (early Aug install). That week they went on strike, and never showed up.

They finally got back to me after the strike and set up a late Aug-early Sept install date. They never showed up for that, due I guess to all the work they had from the hurricane of the week before.

They again called in Sept and made a date for the last week in Sept. No one showed up again, with no known reason.

I've spent hours on the phone with them, and all I get is the run around. They want to make ANOTHER appointment for 2 weeks from now, but they possibly can't get my phone number to transfer from my current phone company (my current phone company has no idea what they are talking about). They won't even let me speak to a manager, or give me the email or phone number to HQ or a complaint dept.

So here I sit. It will take at least 3 months to get service turned on from when I first called them. Unless they want to give me a hugh incentive for putting up with all this nonsense, I may as well stick with Comcast. At least Comcast can find my account when I call because their service is out again. (It was out again just 6am this morning)

Customer Rating

While trouble shooting a problem on one phone, they entered another line and deactivated it without permission, and then lied about doing it. They were very unknowable, and didnt know the difference between a 3G and a 4G phone. Didnt understand a SIMS card, that a 3G phone doesn't take a SIMS card. The manager and the other employee of the Tiffin Ohio store were very rude and repeatedly lied to us about doing it, after they were shown what they did wrong. And never apologized about anything.

Customer Rating

I am still getting a one bill from Verizon (combination of FIOS and cell phone bill). I do not want it, never ordered it. The once call was supposedly cancelled initially on 10/1/2012 at 650pm. Well still got them, called Verizon again in January and February complaining I am still in one bill. I was told the March bill would be split, guess what, bill due 3/31/13 is one bill again. I am looking for someone to assist, step in and tell them enough. The only recourse is to not pay the bill

Customer Rating

We are not currently a Verizon customer. We were contacted a couple years ago by Verizon regarding switching to Verizon for service. We said we'd be interested if you would include internet service, & were told that you could NOT, due to our location.

We continued to receive calls asking us to switch phone carriers; told the telemarketers why we were not interested. No one has ever contacted us to say you can now include internet service, yet we continue to get calls on a frequent basis (sometimes MORE than once per week). We have been asking Verizon reps who call to put us on their "do not call list" for over a year & explain why.

Some of them indicate they have made some notation & that we won't be called, yet Verizon telemarketers continue to call asking us to consider switching to your service. We received two calls today; when we asked to speak to a supervisor after identifying the call as being from Verizon, the caller hung up.

Obviously, Verizon has lost the ability (or the desire) to control it's telemarketing centers and effectively deal with data generated by calls that do not result in sales, forgetting that those who are not customers now may be future customers.

It has been years now, and we are tired of it. It is unlikely that we'd ever switch to Verizon now, even if you could offer telephone & internet service to this location, because your continued calls disrupt this office and have damaged your reputation.

Please forward the name and address of Verizon's legal counsel, so that we may begin in earnest our consideration of action against Verizon. Verizon's three years of harassment by telephone, continuing despite our repeated requests to cease & desist, clearly indicate that they have no interest in stopping without some further action on our part.

Customer Rating

went to verizon website for a smartphone, was redirected to wirefly scam for cellphone thru verizon, got the so called smartphone, found out in my area no promise that a smart phone would work in my home in SC, wirefly says 30 day guarentee, found out the hard way verizon says 2 weeks, sent the first smartphone back to wirefly they suggested maybe fault of phone itself, got the second phone tried 24 hours sent back due to same results, finally got in touch with verizon tech, there responce was they had several complaints in my area due to service issues with smart phone.

used the phone for less than a hour got a bill for 369.00 dollars got that bill down to 115.00 dollars, got the runaround the entire time, paid them 15.00 dollars was going to pay as prompt as they treated me now I have a collection service calling me, HMMM, I would NOT recommend verizon wireless for anything, I have a broadband card with verizon going to cable modem asap, STAY away from Verizon wirefly scam all the way.

Customer Rating

I called Verizon at 5:35 pm January 17th 2013 from NY and a gentlemen by the name of Bob Pierce picked up. He was very rude and did not help me at all. I was telling him about my issue. I ordered your service through Direct tv to get the bundle package back in December. I cancelled the service before the technician came to my home. I did however receive the DSL modem in the mail. I called Verizon and they told me that they would send a return label for the modem. I called a total of 4 times and still haven't received no labels. I then received a bill online stating i have service. I called 800-837-4966. Thats when Bob came on. He did explain that i couldn't return the modem after 30 days but i was never informed of that by Direct tv and Verizon. I told him that's not my fault and he said he couldnt do anything about that. I then said i wanted to speak to a supervisor to see if maybe they can help me since he cant but he denied me and threaten to hang up on me on multiple occasions. I asked him why i couldn't speak to a supervisor and he said that he dont need to do it. I was appalled by his customer service skills and am not happy at all. He claimed that the supervisor is sitting next to him and they are not allowed to speak to me. If he couldnt help me, I wanted to speak to someone else to see if they can. If he isnt a supervisor, he shouldnt speak on their behalf.

Customer Rating

Verizon has extremely poor customer service. For two weeks my father in law had tried to transfer his service and could not get the phone service to work: he could call out, but no-one (including verizon) could call in. He made numerous calls to Verizon and than I started geting calls from Verizon regarding a 3rd party authorization. These calls did not identify his account as the needing verified and on my calling Verizon rep could provide any info regarding what the 3rd party authoriaztion was regarding. I continued to receive calls from Verizon (Thankfully I am with Bright House) until I finaaly got a supervisor and we made the connection to my father-in-law's account as we were the emergency contact and they couldn't call him.

She started a case number and resolved the issue. Now Verizon continues wtih their automated calls to my address reference my number. Today I spent over 1 hour on the phone, was disconnected 3 times, sent to the wrong department twice, and repeatly asked to talk to a supervisor but was refused. The associates were completely unhelpful, could not understand the problem even with the reference number. This was the worst case of customer service I have ever experienced and being over 50 yoa I have seen some bad customer service. I am in retail and I would be fired without delay if my demeanor or performance was as poor as I expererienced today and it was not one associated, an isolated case, but five different person this date alone.

Customer Rating

We went to a Verizon authorized dealer (jw wireless) to buy a I phone 4S. They brought it out and opened it , gave it to my wife. The representative told us it had a 50 dollar discount. So I paid an got the receipt it said I phone 4s. A couple months later my cousin was using the phone and told us it wasn't the iPhone 4s it was the IPhone 4s. They probably ran out of 4s and just to make the sell they sold us a IPhone 4. I called Verizon they couldnt help us because it was past 14 days. I have been a loyal Verizon customer for a long time so the could rip me off like that . I wanted to change all my familys phones from android to iPhones ,after that experience I'll think twice about it.

Customer Rating

We have had nothing but problems with Verizon since we singed up for their Internet service. When we try to pay our bill via Internet it says the account number is invalid. When we call to pay our bill by phone it takes forever for them to find our account. We verify our information to ensure it doesn't take as long the next time we call but when we call again they can't find us. Depending on who we talk to we are told different amounts that we owe. Our service has been turned off three times because when we made a payment by phone the person told us the wrong amount to pay. Today our service was turned off again! When I called to find out what was going on they said we didn't pay our bill however we called on Feb 8th and made a payment by phone. They say there is no record of us even calling that day. That's interesting because the payment was debited from our bank account. The lady I spoke with told me I was wrong and needed to make a payment to restore service. After I told her again that I already made a payment she said fine you need to fax a transmittal from your bank and we will investigate it. So not only do I not have Internet when the bill was paid, I work from home and can't get anything done. Not to mention I now have to go to the bank to get the transmittal so I can fax it for investigation. So who knows how long I will be without Internet and will not be able to work. When I asked to speak to a manager I was hung up on. I'm assuming the rude lady put a note in my account because my husband called later to try and find out what was going on and the guy was just as rude and told him we already called today. I am over Verizon! I can't not wait to switch service providers!!! Worst company ever!

Customer Rating

After seeing some of the other complaints about verizon internet bundles, mine is nothing compared to theirs, but here goes! As you know, these days when you sign up with a TV provider for an internet bundle they tell you that you have a 2 year period with a guaranteed monthly fee for their service. If you stop service, companies like Verizon internet will charge you an early cancellation fee. Each month that fee goes down.

Point being, Verizon has you in contract for 2 years and can raise their price to you by playing with words. I will explain this later if you wish. Here is what happened to me, and you tell me if it’s legal. Almost all providers have several different plans to choose from. I chose one down from the top and had the Verizon internet bundle (TV, internet and phone) and had it for 14 months. Still had 10 months to serve out my sentence.

I am a 49er fan and in my area, they don’t show their games down here (La Quinta, CA.} I wanted to cancel my TV provider, pay the 10 month fee and cancel my subscription. The verizon internet employee at the local office did some research and told me that if I went to their TOP choice plan, I would get all the games. I said “I don’t think so” and she said “you can make the switch for 30 days, and if you’re not satisfied, you can go back to your old contract (or plan).”

I said “OK” after 3 weeks (21 days) I was not satisfied and had Verizon put me back to my old plan. I was told at that time, my phone bill will go up $10.00 because I got out of my Internets old plan and now wanted back in. I went back to the Verizon employee I first talked to about the bundle, and she called her superior and got me back to my old plan without the $10.00 a month phone increase.

BUT I WAS NOW IN A NEW CONTRACT @ 24 MONTHS AGAIN!!!!!!! That’s extortion! I’m a hostage and the trap is the Verizon internet bundle! If I knew that to begin with, I would never have made the 30 day change to begin with. “They” are telling me that to Verizon employee made a mistake, and “they” are sorry, but those are OUR rules.

I acted on the information given me by an employee and the” boss” over-ruled it, AND I PAY !!!! Can you tell me I’m wrong? Who can help me with this injustice?

Customer Rating

im from the bronx and i have been a verizon wireless customer since 2006. absolutely no complaints until i tried verizon fios and one bill. my wireless bill is on average 300.00 per mo. i had 5 lines 2000 min unlimited txt and data. when i signed on the fios, being as though its a verizon company. it only made since to have the bills combined to" Onebill". the problem was that neither verizon wireless nor fios would except my payments. this went on for 3 months. at which point i cancelled my service with Fios and went back to Optimum. i cancelled my contract with fios because had neither company except my payments i wouldve ended up being in a deep debt as i am now.

i am now in debt to fios for 1406.00 and i refuse to pay simply because these late payments affected my Fico score. it isnt my fault that no one would except my payments. my credit went from approx and 816 to the high 600s. i was in process of purchasing a home and this effected me adversly. when i contacted fios on numerous ocassions attempting to remedy the situation no one would work with me. i offered to pay this debt in exchange of removing this stain from my credit report. to no avail. furthermore, i got into shouting and cursing matches with the customer service reps.

fatigue with the situation i kind of gave up. now at the recommendation of my wife im giong to do what ever it takes to straighten this all out. i strongly recommend that you dont sign any contracts with fios. the customer service is the worst. but once you sign on the line no matter what you are promised on the bill will differ wildly. trust me.

Customer Rating

I am a Verison wireless customer, and would like to get an early upgrade to the I-phone 5 for Christmas. I talked to several Verizon representatives and they all told me that Apple has a rule that they are not allowed to give early upgrades to the I-phone, otherwise they gladly would.

I found this very upsetting that I wanted to upgrade my phone, and join the Apple community, yet you will not allow Verizon to give me a slightly earlier upgrade to your product.

My wireless company should be able to do what they need to in order to keep me as as valued customer. And Apple is preventing them from doing so. This makes me reconsider ever getting an I-phone if Apple service is going to be this disappointing.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this issue, and I hope you think of the many customers that may decide not too join Apple because of this.

Customer Rating

Tryed two times to have Verison as my land line and internet service, first time the company cancled due to a strike the second time was told the installers would be at my home between 8am/11am no show no call. Called Verizon at 11:30AM was told a man was on his way did, the tech did not show up until 12:45PM, asked what happened the installer was short with we me, asked how long it would take comment was he did not know but when the install was completed he could tell me. At that point asked for him to leave. Called customer service 3 time on three diffrent dates over a two week time frame and asked to have a manager call me back,5 weeks later still no call.

Customer Rating

I have had my cell phone services through verizon wireless for years. I have never been so disgusted with their company before this past year! I have 3 phones and a computer on my plan and i pay more for my services than most people!!!! I even have an 18% discount on my account and I still pay more! I have asked them to take one of the phones off seeing that we do not use that line and they told me that i would have to pay $175.00 to take it off of there!!! My own phone and I have to pay $175.00 WTH???!!!!

If you are late on payments the charge $30.00 per phone line, And they wonder why ppl are dropping them as their cell phone carriers.
Let's not forget the boggus taxes and service fees on the bill. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY THIS MUCH FOR A CELL PHONE BILL!!!! $256.00 a month just to have cell service & I don't have a home phone!! When I had probems with my phone...they sent me a refurbished and if it's not back in 5 days they charge you any where between $300.00-$500.00, the phone isn't even worth that much!!!

I have recently just got a new job and trying to pay off my bill is highly IMPOSSIBLE they say OH the financial services will work with you to get it paid off...LIE!!!!! The data plans are not worth what they ask for them. I have had more dropped calls with this service than any other time. Problems with my phone freezing up, not working correctly. I'm about to switch phone companies I'm not happy with verizon any more and I do not wish this upon anyone!!!

Companies Like Verizon