Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by andy marsland
Jan 16, 2015 - Dayton, OH
Horrible

Verizon have a history of poor customer service, misrepresentation of their products, contracts and services provided, and will openly tell you one detail whilst billing you for something else.. And if you want to take an early termination, then beware of the hidden agenda and fraudulent billing practices that Verizon has adopted.. In early May 2014, I had the misfortune to drop my current phone and as luck would have it, it landed on the corner and broke the glass, rendering the Razr useless. I went to my local Verizon store to see if they could replace the phone only to be informed by an arrogant assistant that because my plan was no longer available they could only reinstate my phone service by the addition of a second line. I questioned this option repeatedly, and as explained to me from the ‘experts’ at the store, the new line would be a “dummy” line to get me back onto the Verizon phone service that day. The choice was limited … no phone service or take what the expert was offering. I asked about the cost? , the use of the line?, would I need it at all? and why would I need a second line? So it boiled down to an extra $10 per month, would get me back on phone service and I could use it as an emergency line ( as the assistant told me he did himself). Ok, So I agreed based on his expertise… When the first bill arrived it was for over $100, and included a huge amount of add on fees that was not given to me at the initial consultation… I went back to the store, and was told that there was nothing they could do about it as it was another line addition and those fees were government imposed ! Now I’m upset at the situation (2 lines and two bills – one of which I did not want), and told them so… and I cannot cancel the line !!! Over the next two billing cycles the actual line cost became clear at $29 plus taxes and fees.. not the $15 as stated This was the first mislead from Verizon. I investigated other options and decided that no help was going to come from Verizon. When the billing through June July and August of 2014, got to a higher point with no reasonable explanation, I looked at another carrier and went with them taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 with me.. best thing I did to rid myself of Verizon… Not so fast… I called in November 2014 to cancel my Verizon account, was told that an early termination fee was due of $140 and that it would close the account on both lines. I asked specifically about the two lines being closed and was assured that this would close the account.. so I paid! Next comes a billing invoice for December 2014, which asks for payment on the second line (opened in May by the arrogant sales assistant), which was closed (via a call to Verizon Customer Service in November).. so I sent the invoice back with a note to indicate the account was paid in full and closed on all lines.. as per customer services in November.. A letter arrived a week later asking me to call to see if they can help .. duh! In January I get another bill for the same line, this time with late fees and charges.. for a line that was closed in November.. I call Customer Services and get an even worse person on the end of the line, that really pissed me off big time.. the end result was that the phone was mine to do with what I wanted, but they wanted payment as well for the fact that it is discounted on price, and the second line is a new 2 year contract and I signed it , and $300 will get it terminated… Needless to say I was furious… I demanded a supervisor, who was no more help than a paper umbrella in a thunderstorm.. and am now working my way up the ladder to the CEO.. resolution is my demand based on the original information given in November.. not the gouging stance I have been getting since.. Moral of the tragedy is … get out of Verizon as soon as possible.. spread the word about their poor practices and the duping tactics they employ and you will sleep well at night.

Have you had problems with Verizon?

Compare Verizon to Similar Cell Phones more...

Top 222 Reviews about Verizon

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Verizon customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I received a promotion via email for a free iPhone 6. For the last two weeks, I have been trying to purchase this item and have been to 3 business centers Costco and SAMs club. I have talk to the customer warranty center, in the last two weeks to probably 7 different people who all said there should be no problem getting this but never follow thru and called back. That is what I am thoroughly discussed with.

How can you operate a business in this matter? I totally agree with people now that Verizon is a terrible company to deal with. You cannot ever get a hold of the same person to work out your problem. If you are sending false advertising through I will see that this gets plastered all over the media. I am sending copies and a letter to the CEO. I feel this is a simple problem and your employees are not schooled or trained to handle situations that arise. I have been a customer with Verizon since 1997, I have four lines, but I will be leaving soon.

Horrible

I live in Williston, North Dakota and had a phone and wireless internet plan. I called several times and let them know that the wireless would not work in the room. I was living in no response. I paid my bill for the phone always but did not want to pay for something that did not work. Not only would they charge for 4 g that wasn't even here at the time after my credit went down the tube I got ahold of a Verizon and explained the problem.

I settled on an amount but the problem was this was not to be listed on my credit report as being a bad thing and was told it would be removed. It still is there and I have a monthly contract that I pay 130.00 a month for a phone that I paid 600 plus cash for. I know many people have the same plan and pay only 80.00. I am not even going to go there! All I want is the negative Verizon off my credit report that the rep said he would do. Just do what you said!

Horrible

I don't like the fact that FIOS dropped the Weather Channel from their line up. Accu-weather can't hold a candle to the Weather Channel. Accu-weather looks like an amateur production, when compared to The Weather Channel. I appreciated the variety of storm stories the Weather programmed.

They still gave you the weather at regular intervals during the programs and during commercials, and when the major storms occurred, they were right there on the scene 24/7.

So bury your egos sit down, and negotiate a new contract with the Weather Channel, and bring back The Weather Channel & Weather Scan. Weather Scan gave all the local weather and the traffic conditions in the area.

Poor

For the past month or so my android will suddenly become logged out of my home network. I have tried many things including turning it off and on, restarting the phone and shutting down the phone. It's causing my data usage to be all over the place. I called customer service 3 times and 3 times changed my plan because I was told that would fix the problem. Obviously not. My bill is through the roof this month from Verizon changing my plan 3 times to fix it. It's over $220, absolutely outrageous! Can you actually, truly fix this problem or should I just drop Verizon? I've had so many problems since I signed up with you it's almost comical. What do you suggest?

Horrible

Verizon has now put a second debt collector after me for money I DO NOT OWE (verified by your first debt collector). Because of underground wire problems on 57th St, I had no internet or phone service for 2 months!!!! Besides the fact that you changed the date of repair every 2 weeks (or I wouldn't have let it go on for 2 mos!!), now you are wasting more of my time trying to prove to your collection agencies that these were incorrect charges - for Time with NO VERIZON service. I believe Verizon owes me money!! If you want to pay me to continue to argue, fine. Otherwise you are adding insult to injury by wasting my time

Horrible

We ordered Verizon home services (phone, internet and cable), and (since we had Verizon in the past and still had their company's battery "box" in our garage) were told that would not have to pay an installation fee again. Less than a month later, we received our first invoice with a $60 installation fee. When I called to tell them about the mistake, I was told there was nothing I could do. So I cancelled the service and paid the invoice, less the $60.

It's over a year later and we have never heard from Verizon. BUT, we hear from different collection companies every five months or so. They are getting progressively more obnoxious and rude. All they want is a settlement -- cash to split with Verizon. Once I explain the situation they insist on written documentation to "document" my claim, then they go away -- apparently it's not worth their time to chase $60 when they realize that my claim is legit and they will only recover a portion of it for themselves.

Now I am waiting for Verizon to contact me ... knowing that they probably never will. Just another collection agency. And more "Offers" in the mail from Verizon, telling us how great they are and how inexpensive their services are. Unless you add on the charges that they don't tell you about.

Horrible

twice in one week verison heavy duty truck, backed into my yard when very wet after storm, left several dual tire ruts , damaged paver bourder on driveway also busted up edge of asphalt driveway in serveral places. Cost of repairs per estimates around $1450.00 Have called Verison srveral times they sent someone out to look at damage and all have seemed to disappear. I can be reached @ 703 541-0914 or cell 703-508-7773 thank you.7520 ox road Fairfax Station va. 22039

Horrible

I received my new phone a Samsung Galaxy S6 in the mail. I took it to your store at 1208 Galleria Blvd, Roseville, Cali to get it activated and transfer my data from my old phone. I was told my old phone was too old to transfer data, and then all of a sudden it magically was able to transfer my contacts. I had taken the box it was shipped in and was told that I would not need the Sims Key and that they would take it. The next day I went back in to get it back and was told they could not find it. I want my sims key back.

I also purchased a Galaxy Tab 4 for a gift. At that time I was told I had 4 days to return it and get a full refund. The next day I took it back and was told at that time that a $70.00 restock fee. If I had known about the restock fee, I would not have purchased it.

Bad

Some Verizon tech dug up my yard, leaving it all tore up, and cables in my yard for nearly a Week! I don't even have Verizon, so it was apparently some issue with my neighbors service. A verizon contractor showed up yesterday and put the cable up, but left my yard TOTALLY unacceptable. My sod is all tore up, and missing, and it's hazardous. I want someone out IMMEDIATELY with new sod, and FIX MY YARD to resemble NO WORK HAVING BEEN DONE. Someone needs to call me.

Horrible

I had just dropped a 3rd line from my account that was never used to lower my bill to $140 or so a month. When it came time to upgrade, I was going to pay the $200-$300 for the 2 year contract upgrade for the iPhone 6. I went into the Verizon retail store and the store rep told me that the EDGE program is better and that I would only pay $2 a month more on my bill and that my overall bill would be about $140 or so.

I saw the bill online in the next few weeks which was then $180+ due to a discount I had on the primary line dropping off. The retail rep never informed me that it would & never told me that it would be $180 or so a month. I have been a loyal customer for almost 8 yrs and always pay my bill. This is outrageous and because of the rep misinforming me I get stuck with the higher bill. That's not right there should be someone in the company that can help me or do something to lower my bill for being a longtime customer please help me.

Horrible

I moved. I am suppose to carry my number over. Ronnie came to 6058 Watson Court. Due to the problem with the wire, he told me he didn't know when I would get my phone. Drove off after telling me he was fixing it. I spoke with Lee Watts who came to my house this morning. He did not have an appointment but was very nice. Told me the line is bad, and I had a week to decide if I wanted them to dig. I said I need to check with Hoa. He said plenty of time assured me my line would be up and running so I can check my voice mail. I have 2 wireless phones and a landline.

I have a home business and elderly parents who live with me. You disconnected my number and I tried to call 800 Verizon guy was rude said nothing he can do because of notes of Ronnie last night. I call Lee watts who was here this am. He said he has tunnel vision and to call 800 number. I threw a fit. He said he'll see if he can get a number. I was promised one of my numbers would be up and running. It is not! I need help no one will help. I am so frustrated I was told a supervisor from Ms Coopers office would call me today no call. I tried calling, but I can't get a live person. This is urgent I need my number running until I can get these lines fixed.

Good

I've been a loyal customer of 16 years and recently decided a year ago to book a trip to AK for my daughters 12th birthday on board the Disney Wonder. It cost our family $10,788 !!

I really wanted to take my new iPhone 6 on the trip and discovered that my upgrade doesn't occur until 2 days after we return. So, I called customer service to request an early available upgrade date because I was told that it's an option to get it 7 days BEFORE your actual date. When the rep came on the phone, he told me my requested date was 10 days before the Upgrade date and therefore, the answer was NO, but you can always pay for it. I was shocked that I am flying out on July 25, my upgrade date is Aug 5, we come home Aug 3, and they are saying no because the 7th day is 3 days BEFORE WE FLY OUT?

Why can't Verizon do something nice for once after the thousands of dollars I have paid....and also made my family all Verizon customers with iPhones including my child that cost me much more a month then it did when she was only a toddler playing with a fake phone? Seems it could be done....instead of telling a LOYAL CUSTOMER....no.

I'm very disappointed. I would have loved to take photos of Alaska with my new iPhone 6.

Bad

Verizon charged us over 300 times the market rate for an international call. For a call to the United Kingdom that was less than an hour long and from a landline they charged us $161.84 plus another $22.44 in fees. So for a call that would have cost about 50 cents at market rates, Verizon charged us over $180. Again, this was for a call that was less than an hour long! I spoke with Robert (employee #Z134170) and a supervisor Daniel (employee #Z695527) and both of them refused to adjust the charges to something reasonable (i.e. even remotely in line with market rates). They kept falling back on the justification that there is no international plan on the account, yet the call was connected. Daniel essentially indicated that Verizon could charge any amount per minute in a situation like this and it would be "valid" and the customer would have no choice but to pay it. I am strongly requesting intervention by the PUC to have this charge adjusted to market rates or at least something close to market rates. I would not be filing this complaint if the charge was even twice the market rate but it is outrageous to be charged 300 times the market rate.

Horrible

We ordered a phone for my daughter. We were told the phone would work with the Family Base plan and it did not. We explained to Verizon that we would be sending the phone back to them and to please take it off our bill because it would not do what we were told it would do. We were told by a Verizon Customer Service that they would wave the $35 restocking fee to which they only credited us $10 only to charge us a pro-rated service on a phone we never used. Verizon online service deceives there long time customers Verizon is nothing but liars. They get rich by pulling this crap on the public.

Bad

I purchased my new LG G2 phone from your Orange City, Florida location.In all my years of having Verizon service, I've never experienced such inapt representative's assistance. I was under the understanding that if you purchase a Verizon phone from a Verizon store, it would require the sales people to have knowledge of the product they're selling. Today was my fourth encounter with the store and my issue was not resolved. Maybe others understand their device better than I do but my experiences with all efforts to learn how to use my phone have been most frustrating.

Horrible

Was grabbed at the fashion mall, Las Vegas, to get their "service." Two iPhones CASH! Since 5 months ago, they were totally irresponsible and irresponsible--calls drop all the time, connections fail, and the online service is lousy! All documented with Verizon via their office at Nashville, TN. Now, being gross violators of the contract, they want to charge $300/phone to terminate!

Horrible

I'm being charged for the jet pac services that was activated by an employee who since has been fired for this kind of activity. I like the service and went to get a tablet. I paid for it but would not activate cause of jet pac service that I don't need. I've got AT&T internet. My cell phones are through Verizon. I don't want to change services but I'm so damn mad not getting all this cleared up.

Bad

I opened one account with four phones at Verizon and the account Rep open four different accounts with my name. Verizon had to merge all accounts to one line. Verizon is charging me for each account they open and the days they were open. I never ask them to open those account. When I call to explain the issues, they told me it is not their problem and I have to pay the past do bills. I let them know my bill has never been late or no pays. I should not have to pay for the lines I never authorized.

Bad

Three channels that I watched were removed with no notice given. I was told it was a station choice. However I have another residence in another county where I still receive them. We are changing from Verizon to another provider! No thanks another unhappy customer.

Bad

I just spent three days attempting to reach your Hempstead New York office. I actually spoke to someone last week about a :"valued customer" promotion that was expiring. As a minimal user of my "package" it was suggested that I was to call Monday (past) to discuss other possible ways that could limit (dollar wise) my very limited use of my package. Since then in calling Hempstead I have been disconnected several times after being put on HOLD; switched to an automatic answer that advising me that "this is a Information Center Mailbox" and Access is reached by (Insulting)requesting a PassWord!!!. I did try another Verizon number and got a new representative(not Hempstead) who added to the fact another Promotion credit expires in June and suggested calling back in June. Is this "call back" routine a stalling tactic? I now must start exploring your competition's offers.

Contact the Verizon Complaint Department