Customer Satisfaction Results

Verizon

Complaint Department

Posted by andy marsland on Jan 16, 2015
Customer Rating

Verizon have a history of poor customer service, misrepresentation of their products, contracts and services provided, and will openly tell you one detail whilst billing you for something else..
And if you want to take an early termination, then beware of the hidden agenda and fraudulent billing practices that Verizon has adopted..
In early May 2014, I had the misfortune to drop my current phone and as luck would have it, it landed on the corner and broke the glass, rendering the Razr useless.
I went to my local Verizon store to see if they could replace the phone only to be informed by an arrogant assistant that because my plan was no longer available they could only reinstate my phone service by the addition of a second line.
I questioned this option repeatedly, and as explained to me from the ‘experts’ at the store, the new line would be a “dummy” line to get me back onto the Verizon phone service that day.
The choice was limited … no phone service or take what the expert was offering.
I asked about the cost? , the use of the line?, would I need it at all? and why would I need a second line?
So it boiled down to an extra $10 per month, would get me back on phone service and I could use it as an emergency line ( as the assistant told me he did himself).
Ok,
So I agreed based on his expertise…
When the first bill arrived it was for over $100, and included a huge amount of add on fees that was not given to me at the initial consultation… I went back to the store, and was told that there was nothing they could do about it as it was another line addition and those fees were government imposed !
Now I’m upset at the situation (2 lines and two bills – one of which I did not want), and told them so… and I cannot cancel the line !!!
Over the next two billing cycles the actual line cost became clear at $29 plus taxes and fees.. not the $15 as stated
This was the first mislead from Verizon.
I investigated other options and decided that no help was going to come from Verizon. When the billing through June July and August of 2014, got to a higher point with no reasonable explanation, I looked at another carrier and went with them taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 with me.. best thing I did to rid myself of Verizon…
Not so fast…
I called in November 2014 to cancel my Verizon account, was told that an early termination fee was due of $140 and that it would close the account on both lines. I asked specifically about the two lines being closed and was assured that this would close the account.. so I paid!
Next comes a billing invoice for December 2014, which asks for payment on the second line (opened in May by the arrogant sales assistant), which was closed (via a call to Verizon Customer Service in November).. so I sent the invoice back with a note to indicate the account was paid in full and closed on all lines.. as per customer services in November..
A letter arrived a week later asking me to call to see if they can help .. duh!
In January I get another bill for the same line, this time with late fees and charges.. for a line that was closed in November..
I call Customer Services and get an even worse person on the end of the line, that really pissed me off big time.. the end result was that the phone was mine to do with what I wanted, but they wanted payment as well for the fact that it is discounted on price, and the second line is a new 2 year contract and I signed it , and $300 will get it terminated…
Needless to say I was furious… I demanded a supervisor, who was no more help than a paper umbrella in a thunderstorm.. and am now working my way up the ladder to the CEO.. resolution is my demand based on the original information given in November.. not the gouging stance I have been getting since..
Moral of the tragedy is … get out of Verizon as soon as possible.. spread the word about their poor practices and the duping tactics they employ and you will sleep well at night.

18 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Verizon provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Verizon?

Compare Verizon to Similar Cell Phones more...

More Verizon Complaints

Customer Rating

I had Verizon and was pretty satisfied until this happened.. We were moving from Pennsylvania to Maryland and I wanted to transfer with Verizon. They said no problem all they had to do was to "switch me off in PA and turn on my service in MD". Sounds simple doesn't it? Then the nightmare began, with hours of hold time and frustration and zero help from Verizon. Here's what happened.. There was a delay in Maryland due to the strike, they said three to four weeks to have my service installed.

I was ok with that and asked them to put me in que, but they TURNED OFF MY VERIZON E-MAIL SERVICE which had very important communications for my small business. Verizon said since I cancelled service they would not turn it back on. I said on numerous times "I DID NOT CANCEL MY SERVICE, YOU "TURNED OFF THE SWITCH" IN PA! My e-mail has been lost with zero help from Verizon! Verizon - NEVER AGAIN..HAPPY WITH COMCAST!!

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I contacted Verizon in regards to my malfunctioning iPhone 4. After hearing the complaints and them testing i was told that I could send someone directly to the store to get the phone and to put the old one in the mail. Upon that person arriving, nothing had been entered into the system. This started approximately two and a half weeks ago. During that time span I have spoken with over 15 Verizon employees as well as writing this complaint. i would like you to review all the things that has occurred, and with the seriousness of sharing my physical condition I feel like this should have been taken care of immediately. Please contact me as soon as possible.

Margaretta Graves
(815)823-4591
(815)823-4591

P.s. as a new customer, I question your interest in meeting your customers needs in a timely manner.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I was offered, explained and requested a plan , only to find out on my new bill that I did not get that plan – and now told its to late to get plan ., plus its not a good plan for me anyway. I was offered one thing and set up for something else

I feel duped. I did not authorize 60 loyalty plan , I don’t want it , I should get what I was offered on that date. My Verizon notes show a promotion plan offered to me on 2/26/14

So I feel frauded because I was offered one thing and just now offered nothing but excuses and apologizes.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

My wife and I just got new 5c I phones after having t mobile for about 20 years. It seem that we lose our signal and get cut off in the middle of a conversation. We went into the Verizon store at the airport center dr in Jacksonville Fl to try and get some help. The employee was as rude as can be and would not even look at the phone but all he tried to do is sell us an adapter for $250.00 to increase the signal. If we had known that was going to be a problem with Verizon we would never have changed. If the gentleman would at least have spent some time and explained things to us or at least really listened about our problem. He said there was not a tower close by and because we were so close to the airport we would get BAD reception. Not very good representation for a company. Please can you try and help with our situation. Thank you.
Mr. Jeffrey Reiss

Customer Rating

I had Verizon Internet in Virginia. When I terminated the account, Verizon continued to charge me phone line support. I applied for a mortgage loan and saw the collections on my credit. I attempted to resolve this many times. I now live in Texas which complicates matters. I could not get it resolved and hired an attorney. He suggested I pay the $99 plus dollars which I did not owe just to get it off my credit. I did that. About two weeks ago, I have yet another collections agency contacting me about this paid bill. I mailed them a letter plus the BOA bill payment receipt showing the payment and date cleared. I sent the same information to Verizon Dispute resolution manager at one Verizon way in Arlington Virginia but the letter was returned as “unable to forward”. I have already paid a bill I do not owe and certainly don’t intend on paying it again. My cell is 804-982-2095. Address was 5113 Dorset Mews, Williamsburg, Va 23188. Please contact me so this can be resolved. Thank you, Brenda Frame

Customer Rating

I had purchased a pre-pay Samsung Gusto2, with the help of the online sales rep, on 2/17/2014, and added $50 towards minutes to my bill. The rep explained that I should leave this phone in the original box/packaging until I wish to change my service from USCellular to Verizon. USCellular is leaving my state of Missouri soon, so was forced to find a replacement carrier that had service to my area- Verizon was the only option unfortunately. On Monday 3/25, I removed the phone from the packaging, as I was planning to change my service on Tuesday at a Verizon outlet 42 miles from me. I made certain I had every piece of paperwork from my new phone, USCellular, and just in case, a credit card. The battery was still in its original packaging unopened. When I arrived at the first Verizon outlet (Bethany) , I was told that they do not deal with pre-pay phones, that I should go to the Verizon outlet located in another town (Princeton). I did so. The woman says her computer is down and does not expect to have another computer until Friday, that I should go to Trenton where they can help me. Another 30 miles to the Trenton outlet, so off I went determined to change my service, as my contract with USCellular runs out on April 1. The woman there (Sarah) was very helpful and patient. She opened the battery, placed it into the phone to ONLY move my photos and contacts into my new Verizon phone. The phone did not work-the buttons (Down and OK) had to be pushed repeatedly, and in general did not operate. Plus, her store again, did not deal with pre-pay phones, so I would need to phone Verizon to get my number ported and start my service. I cannot move my photos and contacts, nor so much as port my number and start my service, if I do not have a working phone! Now what do I do?? While sitting in the Trenton store, I called Verizon customer service for answers. After speaking with SIXTEEN different people at Verizon customer care, multiple departments including CUSTOMER SERVICE on at LEAST three occasions, tech support, tech support for pre-pay (Yes, two different depts), several disconnects and starting the process over again, being on hold OVER AN HOUR, and finally running out my battery after THREE AND A HALF HOURS of my explaining the situation an estimated 20 times, all while IN THE VERIZON STORE, I have no answers as to what to do in this situation!! The representative, Sarah, at the Trenton store, verified three separate times, that this BRAND NEW, UNUSED phone is defective and explained exactly HOW it was, to the other end of the line at Verizon when requested. They have every bit of information Sarah and I could give them, but still, no resolve, no answers, and no conclusions. Driving 140 miles in one morning for literally nothing, was a waste of time and effort. If this is the way Verizon cares for their customers, I dread the consequences for the unavoidable necessity of being forced to use this company as my carrier. Looks like I have no choice. I will have no service through USCellular after April 1. But, I have no working phone with Verizon either! VERY DISAPPOINTED with Verizon and how they have treated this situation. From the sound of other complaints, this is staus-quo with them, so do not expect any kind of resolve as I must again purchase yet another phone through them and start over. I will lose my photos and contacts in my phone when my service ends with USCellular, and go without any phone until Verizon gets their act together. Deplorable way of doing business.

Customer Rating

Where do I begin? I live in a shared house in DC (not uncommon) and we share our utility bills. Again, nothing special there. The roommate leaving had the Verizon bill and we needed to switch it to a roommate that was staying. This had been done before with no issues, so we were not expecting the still ongoing 2 month saga that has been Verizon customer service.

First, they couldn't even find our account. Yeah. It took two weeks for them to find us in their system even though had just paid the bill and were still getting service. We gave them phone numbers, account numbers, email addresses, even the number on our router! You get the picture. Still nothing. We had to wait for them to find it and each time we called for an update we got a new rep and had to explain everything all over again. They finally fixed the problem after TWEETING at them that we were still waiting. Ridiculous.

They tweet that all is fine now and we call and the rep finds our account right away. Lovely. Then he proceeds to tell us that we cannot keep our LOYALTY discount because we are changing names on the account. We tell him we got that discount because our house had consistently had Verizon for years, and when we last switched the bill to another roommate that loyalty discount was kept on. Plus, no one in the two weeks had said we wouldn't be able to keep our discount. And believe me, we asked. We ask to speak to the supervisor and she says she can do nothing for us. Not even offer us some kind of special for all the hours and trouble we went through to keep our service.

Fine. One of our roommates gets a discount through her job so we decide to let the issue go and just move on to getting a brand new account. We call again the next week to set this up and my roommate spends 2 hours just trying to set up this new account. (Hilariously at one point the rep says we should've been able to keep that old discount. HA! We're over it by now.) The rep takes about an hour to understand that we want a new account, screw the old one, but we'll do self instillation because we paid for the router and instillation the last time. She says all they'll have to do is send a signal and we'd be good to go.

Fast forward to the next day and we still don't have service. They tell us customer service for self instillation is closed after having us hold one the phone for AN HOUR. We want to cry but still push on and try to set it up ourselves that night. Turns out we're connected but have no Internet. THEY NEVER SENT THE ORDER IN.

Long story short, my next place better not have Fios. I don't even care that it's faster at this point, the horrible customer service is not worth it. Oh, and that customer service section never closes. They told us today we should not have been told that.

Customer Rating

I went to a Verizon store last week to get a new cell phone. While there the agent convinced me to by wireless capability for my home, and the device would only cost me $1.00. I bought it and took it home to install. After spending 2.5 hours with a technician, it was determined that the device would not work in my home, so I took it back to the store, and they accepted it. When I got back home I went to use my internet and found out it was down, and so was my land line phone. When I called Verizon, I was told that my number had been ported over to Verizon wireless. When I called Verizon wireless they told me that my number had been ported back to copper. After many hours on the phone with different customer service representatives, and someone in the billing department, I was told that my account had been closed, and that I would have to open a new account.

They could give me back my old number, but a technician would have to come out to the house to do (what I don't know) and it would be about a week before he could get here. I asked why they could not just reconnect me like they disconnected me, and they could give me no real answer. And I was also going to be charged an installation fee of $29, but then the customer service rep said that she would waive the fee. I can hardly wait to see bill. I still have my Verizon modem so I don't know why another one has to be installed. This whole thing is Verizon's fault, and yet I am going to get billed for something I did not do. Today I got a message telling me that a package from Verizon was being sent to me. I can only assume it is another modem which I don't need, and will probably be charged for. I am a Verizon stock holder, and have been with Verizon for a long time (about 30 years), but I am considering switching carriers soon, because of all the run around. By the way, do you know that Verizon Wireless and Verizon Landline are two different companies, and they do not talk to one another. No damned wonder things are so screwed up and nothing gets done easily.

Customer Rating

Offered incentives via e-mail including but not limited to increased data. When contacted Rep repeated all offers. Upon agreement I was notified that [all of the offer ,data increase for the year was in error. Mind you this was two monthes later. Supervisor response was although their was a record of offer, it was in error. However, they would extend the offer if I prepaid up front. Verizon lies have made a thirty year plus customer chalk off the days till the end of my contracts that pay them $500 plus per month. Be careful all those who entertain their business.

Customer Rating

Verizon has extremely poor customer service. For two weeks my father in law had tried to transfer his service and could not get the phone service to work: he could call out, but no-one (including verizon) could call in. He made numerous calls to Verizon and than I started geting calls from Verizon regarding a 3rd party authorization. These calls did not identify his account as the needing verified and on my calling Verizon rep could provide any info regarding what the 3rd party authoriaztion was regarding. I continued to receive calls from Verizon (Thankfully I am with Bright House) until I finaaly got a supervisor and we made the connection to my father-in-law's account as we were the emergency contact and they couldn't call him.

She started a case number and resolved the issue. Now Verizon continues wtih their automated calls to my address reference my number. Today I spent over 1 hour on the phone, was disconnected 3 times, sent to the wrong department twice, and repeatly asked to talk to a supervisor but was refused. The associates were completely unhelpful, could not understand the problem even with the reference number. This was the worst case of customer service I have ever experienced and being over 50 yoa I have seen some bad customer service. I am in retail and I would be fired without delay if my demeanor or performance was as poor as I expererienced today and it was not one associated, an isolated case, but five different person this date alone.

Customer Rating

so I have been a customer for 5 yrs plus...I assed a phone for my son to my account using the EDGE program...cool no problem. So I figured ok Ill upgrade my husbands and my phones also on the EDGE program...but FIRST I made sure specifically that there were no hidden on secret fees by doing so and also didn't want that much of a change in my bill....the rep assured me that my bill would be about $235 after tax and fees.......needless to say when I got my bill.....$401.36, I was LIVID called customer service many time, the extra $150 in fees was equipment tax charged up front on all 3 devices to which I was NEVER told/warned about. Had I been I would have added one new ph9one a month to avoid sticker shock. But anyways, the rep said nothing they can do to help me, escalated it to a supervisor who would call me in 15-20 mins.....3 hrs later no call. Hung up....called back to a diff rep, they escalated it to a supervisor and someone would call me about 1....2 hrs later no call, I called back this rep could only give me a $50 credit for the inconvenience. I took that but it don't change the fact I was never told of the additional $150 fees to begin with.

Customer Rating

I have been a Verizon customer for 20 years and for the most part, I have been happy with my phone service. With that being said, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5 in September 2014. It has been a great phone and until 2 weeks ago I did not have any issues with it. However, it started losing it charge in about 2 hours and was constantly searching using GPS. I called Verizon and was told that they would send me a new/refurbished phone sine I had just bought it in September. I got said replacement phone on Tuesday of this week and it was just the body of the phone. No new SIM Card, no battery and no back.

I called Verizon and asked about this and was told that is how they do things. Commence the head scratching. You have now just sent me a "replacement" phone that was not working and you want me to put items from that phone into the new one? I did so and was instructed on how to re-setup my new/refurbished device. With the old items in it. Everything seem to go smoothly and I got the phone working and was able to make a test call with no issues. I spent another couple hours finishing with the app set up getting pictures and contacts reloaded and all the other tweaks the go into getting a new/refurbished phone.

Skip forward one day and this is what I had. About half way through my day I noticed that I had not gotten a single call or text message. I also noticed that my phone was really HOT. So I shut it off and left it until after work. When I turned it back on after work, I could not make a phone call or send a text. It also was heating up doing nothing with it. I came home and called Verizon once again. The first tech person instructed me on all the possible fixes that she could try and still nothing. So she got me to Tech 2 support, who took me through every menu of my phone to find a solution to no avail. I was then told I would have to do a Factory Rest on the phone I just got finished setting up less than 24 hours before. Getting pissed off at this point is what was starting on my end. I did as instructed and it still was not working. During all of the the Verizon Tech 2 support person noticed that my phone was as about 105.8 degrees, to which I said I was fully aware of. It was at this point that I asked to have my phone replaced with something else. I was told that he did not have the power to do this and that his only option was to send me yet another "replacement" phone. Why would I want another refurbished phone to only have it do the same thing again possible, is what I asked him. He agreed and I asked it I could speak to his supervisor to see if he could make this happen. Cue the WORST Verizon representative EVER!!! First of all I got no name from him and he was short/rude to me from the start. I asked hime several times to please just replace my phone with something else. I was told he could send me a new battery overnight and see if that fixed the problem. I told him that that was unsatisfactory and that he needed to make this right. He said he could not. I asked to speak to his supervisor, to which I was told that he could put me on a list to have a callback from his manager in the next 24 to 48 hours. So I am without a phone for this time I asked? He replied that was the best he could do and I was placed in hold. After 5 to 7 mins he came back on said he had ordered a battery and I should have it by 3pm tomorrow. He did not give me an order number or an order location number. I asked him if he could provide me with some reassurance that I would be speaking with his manager and he said I am done and hung up. Needless to say I am NOT happy at this point.

I called back when I had a chance and was told by the Tech 2 support person I was speaking with that they did not see any order or and notes from the supervisor on the issues I was having with my phone. So I am still with out a phone and still do not have any answers on what Verizon is going to do to make this right. I call back this morning and spoke with Matthew in the Boise, ID support center and he was very helpful. He said that he wished he could just send a new phone and the problem would be solved, but he could not because he works in Global Tech Support and is not regular Tech Support. Continue head scratching. He did say he was going to send me a new SIM card and a new battery to see if that would fix the problem. I just want a phone that works, is that too much to ask for? And I still haven't heard from a supervisor! Verizon's customer service is non existent.

Customer Rating

I have had a long time with verizon wireless and fios, there are 3 stores in my area 2 of the said stores are VERY VERY helpful and care about the end user/ consumer of the product. I went to the MARLEY STATION verizon store and they were not just rude to the other coustomers, they were very unprofessional. if i could give this store a negative score i would.

Customer Rating

On March 18, 2015 overhead line work was done along Walnut Street, Carlisle, PA. Work signs were posted. Branches were broken off trees on my property and thrown on the lawn where they were left. I had to file a police report to get this mess cleaned up. The tree was not trimmed properly and broken stubs are unsightly. I also cleaned up a handful of single strand, uninsulated wire that was left at the work site. Someone should answer for this unprofessional type of work!

Customer Rating

I have been with Verizon for years and had never had an issue but I recently tried to upgrade my phone. It had been over 2 years and I was eligible for an upgrade. Going into a Verizon store in Seguin, TX, I was told by the sales associate that I was NOT eligible and if I chose to upgrade anyway (my old phone wouldn't even turn on, so I HAD to have a new phone!) I could only purchase certain styles of phones. The only way I could pick my phone was if I changed my phone number. Being quite aggravated by this point, I finally did change my number and got a new phone AND also was "given" a jet pack because it was "free". I was told my first bill after purchasing this new phone would be quite a bit higher but the following bill should be about the same as what I had been paying. OK...the first bill was almost $400. I paid that, thinking that it was the "HIGH" bill. Imagine my dismay THIS month when my bill is $272.00. Over $100 more than my "normal" bill! I notice, besides all the added charges on the new phone, I am also being charged $20 a month for the FREE jetpack, which I had never even used. You can't find an e-mail to send in inquiries or get help from anyone. I am really frustrated with this. Since I am paying nearly $300 a month, it might be worth paying the $300 service cancellation fee. I HATE liars and I feel I was lied to by the Verizon sales rep that was helping me. Perhaps I need to file a complaint with the BBB.

Customer Rating

I have received hundreds of calls from VERIZON 512-551-1712 asking if I am someone I am not. When I wait online for as much as 15 minutes to tell a real person that this is not me they say they will note it. I am having trouble doing my job and since I am employee repeated interuptions such as this could cost me my job. At that point I will contact my attorney. STOP the CALLS. I AM AN AT&T Customer and this has got to stop. NOW !

Customer Rating

Been with Verizon since the early 90's. Was ready to change the contract (due to personal matters) in February when it was supposed to end in May. Was mainly $167 a month for 2 lines. In original talk with Verizon was told if i stay with them it wasn't going to be a problem because it was going to be a new 2 year contract. Originally asked for a Samsung phone (and was sent one) but then sent it back because i realized i was going to get a Ipad soon so decided next phone will be Iphone 6. Didn't even touch or open the phone in anyway. Sent it back immediately on my end but it seems like it took for ever for Verizon on there end to claim it was received by them.

Out of nowhere I was told in one call that i would have to pay a total of $426 BUT once this monthly cycle is over i would get a refund of the following: the return of the Samsung galaxy phone, my husband's termination fee and my termination fee. I thought i'm getting back enough to buy my Iphone 6 and with a little more pay for the Iphone 6 plus. I would not have to add the amount on to the monthly fee. Two different people i talked too with Verizon agreed with this ("you will be able to buy the phone''). ONE of which told be i had enough to pay the phone but so convinced me that he could get me down to $106 a month since now i was going to be by myself (with 3G's and with my galaxy tab).

He was the one who convinced me to stay with Verizon. Today i opened the website and it showed i had a $10 credit. It shows i have termination fee for husband and still could not understand why i only had a $10 credit. I spoke to someone with Verizon who claims it shows nothing i'm talking about (not surprised now because they probably say something and write differently). All the ones i spoke to today says a change in my plan would be in May.

On my Verizon pay page it showed where i had a sent back Samsung phone and a new date for a plan to start was Feb 18. Today i got I was told by a first and then a supervisor that i have only $10 i will be getting back. I got nowhere with them so i ended to contract and got a new one (phone stayed on today but with someone else). I called Verizon back because i am going to file a complaint only to be told i still have a plan with Verizon because of my galaxy tab. I was like i could not believe how Verizon tries to still get over on people. She said now that part is cancelled and now may add up the cancelled fee. I will find a way to place some kind of complaint because the earlier supervisor said a end of contract amount would be $250 but i already know that is another lie!

Customer Rating

I switched to Verizon with the promise of a $400 Visa gift card. They even sent a postcard indicating that I would receive the reward after three months of billing cycle. After I had not received it, I called and they claimed I was receiving some other discount that could not be combined with the gift card. I told them I signed up through the huge advertisement on the website and received the postcard indicating my reward. They refused to budge. I asked the representative if others had had a similar issue, he said yes.

Customer Rating

I discovered within a week of changing my plan that I was lied to about future charges and since it was a "new contract" you would not fix it. Contracts can be changed, and you may not seem to know it but if you lie about contract inclusions then the contract is actually null and void. My attorney will easily get me out of this and you may end up paying me for damages. It is a simple change and you would not lose any money by fixing this contract. You will however lose money by not satisfying my small plan issue. It would be in your best interest to simply redo my "contract" to what I initially requested. I have been a long time customer and can tell you this, if you refuse to change the contract then you will lose me as a customer and I definitely will no longer recommend your services and in the future will discourage everyone I speak with regarding the lousy customer service.

Customer Rating

Hi, I would like to file a complaint against Comcast/Verizon(3rd party). I had contacted Comcast in June with a way to decrease my payment . They helped me out and then told me they were partners with Verizon cellphone service and I could receive a discount on my cable bill and cellphone bill by getting service with Verizon. (I was never told anywhere at this time that the Verizon rep I was talking with was a 3rd party and not directly employed by Verizon or Comcast.) The guy I spoke with seemed really friendly and helpful and told me some great offers for joining Verizon and Comcast together. I was told him I had service with Sprint for over ten years and was for the most part happy with them, except for some drop calls lately, and calls / text not going thru and the price increase. He told me that Verizon would pay off and get me out of Sprint contract early termination fees( since I told him I had just got a new phone for my son at Christmas and a tablet for my mom. ) I said that would be awe some.

He then proceeded to tell me I would receive a $100.00 gift card for each new line. He also told me my rate for cell phone service with unlimited talk and text and 10 gb of data for$ 168.00 a month plus tax and fees.( the price was in that range, I can’t remember the exact rate). He told the contract with sprint would be paid off in 2 to 3 days after activating my cell phone with Verizon. I told him I needed to think about it. He said he would call me back. I agreed that was fine. I thought about but still was not sure, since I was still doing research of cell phone towers, cellphones and service in the area. When he called back, I told him I needed more time to think about this and he told me he would call me back again. Which he did and I agreed to sign up for service with and at the end of the phone call I asked him again about my Sprint contact and he told me that my cell phone contract with Sprint would be paid off. Once I activated the new phones.

I told him my son wanted the new LGG3 phone that was coming out in a week and that I would order his phone than. (He already had the LGG2 phone he got for Christmas.) Well when the shipment arrived I had 4 phones. so there must have been a misunderstanding I assumed. So they day they arrived Chris’s phone was on sale for $99.00. So I called and ordered it. While on the phone they told me there would be no activation fees if I bought 50.00 worth of extras. Which I did, it was more than that. When our phones arrived I told them I did not want the 4th phone that came with the order. They said do not open it and bring it back to your local Verizon store and it would be returned to them at no cost. Well a few days later after my sons phone arrives and the extra stuff I ordered, we activated our phones. Well I tried!!.I called Verizon and they told me to go up to the local Verizon store and they would help me. So that is what I did. But they could not activate all 4 phones until the other phone was returned. So I gave it to them.

They told me they could not help me after being on the phone with Verizon themselves and I had to take the phone to a corporate store. I said no problem and went the next day to Toledo to a corporate store. When I arrived I thought this will be easy and only take a short time to switch contacts. Well I was wrong!!!!! I really felt sorry for the Verizon guy that helped us!!He and a manager were on the phone with Verizon several times for over 2 hours trying to get my acct straightened out. I was told the person or persons who did the order did not know what they were doing. I tried to return the unopened phone and unopened box to them and they would not take it. They said I had to send it in myself since the phone was not ordered directly through Sprint but a 3rd party. I agreed, but they could not set me up on a plan until the phone was returned and recorded it was returned. I thought my problems could not get any worse. I was wrong. Once the phone was returned I called Verizon and they did not have the phone plan I was told.

It was also a lot higher than I was quoted and that I need to call the Comcast/Verizon people. So I did. The person said they could not help me with the rate. I had to call Verizon and get a plan from them and that was not their job. I explained the situation of what I was told and basically the person said they were not a Verizon rep and the person told me what I wanted to get service sold. So I called Verizon back and set up a plan at the lowest rate available to have shared data. I was not happy but I took it anyways. Well a few days later I get a bill in the mail from Verizon and there were activation fees on it. So I called Verizon and the girl was really nice and helpful. I explained the situation to her and that I had bought accessories so there was no activation fee. She said she would submit it and give it to her supervisor and that it would be applied to my acct correctly. I said that was fine. A few days later the gift cards arrive. I thought my problems were done. I was wrong again and received a bill from Sprint for early termination fees.

I called Verizon and they said they do not pay off early termination fees for people. That I had to call Comcast/Verizon it must be a deal they have. So I called Comcast/Verizon up and told them what I was told. The girl said they do not do that and she would get a supervisor on the phone. I was told they would listen to the phone calls with the rep I spoke with and any others. I was on hold for over 2 hours answering questions. I was then told they could not find anywhere about him saying the early termination fees would be paid off or the amount of service. I argued and argued some more with them. I was basically being called a liar. I said I was not happy and I would be contact the better business bureau and my local call for action news channel 7 in Detroit Michigan or in Toledo Ohio channel 13. To get this settled!! I called Verizon itself back up and they said there is nothing they can do for me. I feel I was treated unjustly and lied to so much of the time and everything was a struggle. As of today the activation fees have not been paid by Verizon.

I was told it would several billing cycles to have the credit applied. I feel Verizon and Comcast need to take responsibility for their 3rd party they hired. Someone needs to do something. The girl I spoke with at Verizon said this happens a lot. Then why is Verizon or Comcast not stepping up and taking responsibility for their eservices. Someone needs to be responsible for the 3rd party. I just want action, my sprint termination fees paid off and an apology from the 3rd party for basically calling me a liar.

Contact the Verizon Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Verizon. What is their corporate mailing address?

PO Box 11328, St Petersburg, FL 33733
  • I want to call the Verizon customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

(800) 922-0204
  • I need to visit the Verizon company website. What is their website address?