UPS

Most Popular Complaint about UPS

Posted by jane may on Jan 28, 2015
Customer Rating

I'm tired of ordering product and the company ships to me and I pay for it and never receive it. I'm here every time and I've got witnesses of what was delivered. This has happen twice this month. I will have to look up the first item and get back with you but this item in looking for now is order #4561131112 - item k41167. It was shipped on the 1/24/2015. Since I have proof and witnesses I will see my lawyer!

Did UPS provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about UPS?

1.95 out of 5

Website

www.ups.com

More UPS Complaints

Customer Rating

The Driver today on 1/21/15 driving truck number 574028 I believe his name is Eric, every time he comes to the tribal center for deliveries he is always rude and is always extremely rough with the packages that he is dropping off. We sometimes have stuff that are fragile and don't appreciate the way he handles them, let alone talks to some of the staff here. I'm on-call here and have seen him treat packages like there's nothing in them and the way he presents himself to us. I'm not sure if it is just his personality or if he just has a lot of bad days or what, but it would be appreciated if his attitude was better than how it is now. Thank you for your time.

Customer Rating

Sent package from London ON to Sarasota FL. Used “EXPEDITED SERVICE’. Was told 4 to 6 days delivery. Cost $170.00. Along the way someone blacked out ‘EXPEDITE’ and wrote ‘MUST GO GROUND’ on the shipping label. Parcel arrived 19 days after it was shipped. UPS store at point of origin said it contained an aerosol that wasn’t disclosed at time of shipping. He said no refund of any kind was due because of this. I believe a refund is due for the amount of the difference between expedited and ground delivery.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Terry Moirmoir on 03/23/2014 at IP address 108.160.82.198 using our ups complaint form. This opinions contained in this ups customer review titled, “Overcharged for service provided.Sent package from London ON to Sarasota FL” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I had ordered a package from your store containing over 350.00 worth of clothing and I still have not received it. I talked to customer service and they said it was sent out and I talked to ups and they said you guys still have not contacted them about this issue but it shows it has been dropped off. but I have not receive the package at all.the order # is 7547263569 and the tracking number is 1zw5w018031843482.

I have been told I will receive a call fom you guys with in 24 hours and so far it has been 4 days. Im not sure what is going on but you guys have my money and I need to speak to someone or I will have to file a police report and contact my bank for illegal actions my number just please put the money back on the card that was used for this order. And call me asap about this very serious matter.

If I do not answer the phone please leave message and a number so I can call back thank you.I am a returning customer and shop at your stores quit often but I am very unsatisfied by what is going on here.s

Customer Rating

This is compliant about UPS Store which I located on 5268 Nicholson lane, Rockville, Maryland. During the holidays time I went to the at about 6:45 PM. The owner of the store Aruna (She is foreign woman with accent) told me that she has turn off her Computer so she cannot take any delivery. I told her that Store Hours are 9:00AM to 7:PM at the Door and it is not 7:PM.

She was very rude she told me that if she starts her computer again it will take one hour. I told that UPS have their timing and this is not time to close I still have 15 minute and I am in the store before the closing time. . Store Manager Aruna told “If you want to complain about me to UPS go and complain this is my store and I can close any time. “

She had very non-processional attitude no professional manners, no Customer service? May be she does not know what is professional way to tell customer.

I left the store and will never go back to this store nor any of my family and friends will go to this store, but still wanted to bring an attention to UPS Corporation that how this woman running the store, this is still a UPS store and I am sure UPS have its own rules and regulations. I will use FedEx delivery service they have professional people working in the store.

We come to know that other people have problems with this particular store, and some people do not want to come to this store. Is there UPS policy to see what time store close and open? If all UPS store have their policy it should not be display on the door the closing and opening time.

Customer Rating

I want to know why my mother has to pay shipping and freight costs for a package deliverd by batman / robin. to the wrong address. luckey the man was honest for us or we would not got that package.and as for the headcheese that called on our complaint, round round we went. at about 11am 12-24-12 i herd a trk out front i looked out and it was pulling away i thought we got our box in stead they went down the street and droped it at the wrong address.we shipped it on 2 day express, and now a week later. “com”on”man” 1z5771401274729151 517.79

Customer Rating

The delivery lady placed a package near my front door and didn’t bother to ring the door bell. Luckily I happened to be looking via my security camera and saw her. I went out to the UPS truck and asked her why she didn’t ring it. She said that they had some 273 deliveries to make. In the mean time she was just standing in the truck while her driver was filling out a form. She apparently had plenty of time to ring the door bell.

Customer Rating

I sent a late christmas gift to my great granddaughter across state in January. I tracked it after I found out it was never delivered when it was supposed to. The tracking info stated it was attempted three times (where my granddaughter lives, UPS states they need signtatures to deliver) but my granddaughter never received any notes that there were any attempts and she was home on one of the days they stated they attempted to deliver. I called my local UPS who informed me it was being sent back to me. I told them it had better come straight to my door (not their shop) as my address was on the package. I did not want to waste any more money on what I had all ready lost to them.

I got a call this morning from my local UPS store (which is across town) that my package was delivered to their store. Now I have to use my gas & mileage to go get it as I was informed they have no connection with the drivers and they could not have it delivered. I will never use UPS again to send any future packages. I am so very disappointed in them. FYI: A couple of months ago my husband and I purchased merchandise over $2,000.00. UPS LEFT the boxes on my front porch. Any one could have taken them. I read where anything over $500.00 needs signatures but apparently it doesn’t. Yet signatures were needed for a christmas package I sent above to my great granddaughter that probably cost a total of maybe $150.00.

I JUST DON’T GET IT!! As anything else nowadays, the job is just that and no one cares about customer service or people anymore.

Customer Rating

I dropped a box at a UPS store on 15th of October. My friend hasn’t received it by 23rd of October. I was told by the UPS store man that the box will arrived at its destination no more than 4 days. He also guranteed I needn’t worry about anything about the time and fee. All fee is clear at the store. When I called UPS (1800number) for the reason why the box was still in Mississauga on next Tuesday morning. The UPS customer representative told that there was more documents required for clearence and suggested me contacting the UPS store. She also told me UPS had no obligation on what the UPS store had done, because UPS store was running as a seperate private business.

That measns the UPS store cannot be trusted as UPS! This also tells me that UPS cannot be trusted! The UPS store man was very easy when I called him for the situation of the box in that morning(Tuesday). He continued telling me the box had been shipped. It was on the flight. When I told him what I found, he was still reluctant to contact UPS center. Finally, I went to the store twice time that day to fill a new form, which was explained as a new form the store didn’t have. By the end of the day, I was told everything was done perfectly and the box would be on flight that night. ( I dare not believe it but can no nothing!)

It was 9:30am on the next day (Wednesday)when I was in bathroom. I got a new call directly from UPS regards to the box. I was called as another guy’s name and was told to call Canidian Custom for the document reason. 20 minutes later, when I called UPS back and passed the expert number from Canidian Revenue, UPS lady asked me for another number. I told her the number was all I got from the call I was asked to call in 20 minutes ago. Then, I was told she would confirmed it when somebody else came by the lunch time. What a pity!

Not only the UPS store man did not have enough knowledge on the daily UPS business, but also the UPS’s own staff knew nothing. They spent 2 days to fill a custom form while I was upset on it. They don’t care about customer’s satisfaction! I wrote UPS 2 emails to ask for an explanation. I only got a nonsense reponse which simply said “your inquiry has been farward to UPS center. I am sorry for the delay and hope to service you in future”. Suck UPS! Do anybody have a future with UPS?

Customer Rating

an order was never delivered to me. i contacted the vendor who contacted ups. a ups driver came to my house and said they have gps so they know that the package was delivered to the wrong house. a day latter a ups driver comes and wants me to sign that i received the package which i did not do. i contacted ups and they said it is under investigation and will take up to 8 days. they have no explaination why the driver tried to get me to sign that i received it. bottom line be very carefull what you sign with ups i think the second driver was the one who delivered it to the wrong house and was trying to cover up his error. ups also is not helpfull at all which leads me to believe they approve of this tactic.

I was supped to have two packages delivered on the same day from two different companies . I’ m retired and my wife and myself were home all that day , no knock at the door the bell didn’t ring and we were out several times that day walking the dog . So how is it that a ups driver said he delivered the packages to my front door but they were nowhere to be found and get this his prove was ,not a signature but the time he left at the front door. It does’ nt take a detective to figure out that ups delivery man stole the merchandise . This is not the first time this has happened to us in the past year , all I can say is I will never use ups again and neither should anyone who reads this.

Customer Rating

I recently retired and moved to an apartment complex in Blue Springs, MO. I was told by management that UPS, Fedex, etc., will leave a delivery attempt notice on my door if I am not home and then leave packages at the office. However, the UPS driver has not even attempted to deliver packages to me. Three packages have been left at the office without attempting delivery or leaving an info notice on my door. I was home on these delivery days. The only way I even knew the packages were left at the office was by checking the tracking online. I attempted to email and call UPS about this situation but their email form online makes it impossible to complain about this type of situation.

It doesn’t comply with the form. Apparently complaints aren’t allowed. Next I tried to call and got the automated voice. I asked for an agent and the voice said I had to give a tracking number first. I did and the voice said my package was left at the office. I still couldn’t talk to an agent because the voice was finished with the call. UPS has the worst service I have encountered in ages. One of today’s packages was smashed too. I am saving the tracking numbers in case I ever hear from UPS but I will be surprised.

Customer Rating

I had a Honda EU3000IS Generator that my nephew wanted to buy and use at his cabin in Alaska. I took it to the UPS Depot in Newark Ohio and insured it for $2000.00. The replacement cost is more like $2200 but it was slightly used. The generator was badly damaged when it arrived. The initial claim was denied because UPS said it was packaged improperly. Funny thing is it was in the original packaging from Honda. I guess Honda doen’t know how to package their products. We disputed the claim and it was reviewed bya a third party company called Crawford.

After much banter and pictures being sent they finally said they would approve the claim. I got a call from a UPS representative and she wanted additional documentation and continued to try and get out of honoring the claim. I then got another call from a Crawford Rep. who stated that they could not honor the claim untill i provided her additional information and the cancelled checks for my nephew. The reason given is it doesn’t matter what I insured it for or what the replacement cost is or what the repair cost is because which ever the lowest figure of all of these is that is all they will pay.

My nephew is in the interior of Alaska and it will take 45gallons of fuel for him to get out to Juneau to deal with this issue. What a complete Dog and Pony show this is. MY SUGGESTION IS DON’T SHIP WITH UPS.

Customer Rating

This is the third time that this happens to me. I am an Amazon shopper and sadly to say some of the stuff I shop was shipped by UPS. I got home at 3:00 pm expecting that the stuff I bought will be delivered today. I waited, got impatient and check Amazon track package. Lo and behold, it shows …Delivery attempted. Signature is required to complete delivery. Please see carrier notice for next delivery attempt or contact the carrier – Apr 28, 2011 5:02:00 PM. I went out and check my door and no notice. This really bugs me because the shipping method is 3 days select and I lost one day already. This is MAJOR NUISANCE on my part. Does anybody has the same experience with UPS?

Customer Rating

I unfortunately used the UPS service to send electric shades mechanisms from china to Mexico. Since I didn’t received the shades in time, I decided to called the mexican headquarters to know the problem. Samantha Piña from UPS told me that she was going to order a special delivery to my office in no more than one hour. I waited 3 hours without results. The next day I called again to know wahat happend and they told me that the package could only be delivered next monday.

Since I ewas in a hirry they offered me that I could pick up the packafege at their offices located in Eugenia189 Col. Narvarte. Although I express that I would pick it up myself, When I arrived at that office, they told me that the package was on its daily route. Amazing how inefficient they work. When I arrived at work the UPS guys delivered the package but it was damaged. Something more ? When I started a complaint they don´t want to issue a complaint tracking number.

I get far better serice whe I use the government postal serice. they always arrive on time and they treat the packages the way it should. April 15, 2011

Customer Rating

I recently returned from out of town expecting my expensive camera to be delivered on March 18.2011 by UPS only to find that the item had allegedly been dropped off but no package was present.I asked why would someone leave a boxed iteam without a signagture.I live in a extremely bad neighborhood and i was told UPS is only required to place a package in the most place where it can barely be seen.at my steps and house packages can still be seen from three different sides..i was told the driver saw people in there yards surrounding my home..so that was one of the reasons he left the package.

I asked do drivers ever survey there area before leaving a package and use a wise judgment call to leave the package or a memo to let me know i had a package at the branch.because they failed to do so i’m left without my expensive camera i need for my business.I asked questions to ebay and they said the iteam had been sent and gave me the tracking number and it was now UPS responsibility..I need some favorable desicions to be done or please direct me to a higher branch for better service.I expect a response A.S.A.P.

Customer Rating

I was expecting a professional camera i ordered from EBAY that was due on a Friday i was out of town. so i hurried home from my trip to be there to sign for my package and never received the package so i called UPS to ask for delivery info, i was told the package was delivered i told them there was no package and they disputed me down that it was delivered and if it is not there it’s not the fault of UPS because there delivery guys only drop the packages off and try to place them in a semi hidden spot on or around the porch or house. I have no such area on my porch items can’t been seen from my neighbors and passer by’s. I live in a extremely bad area in my town and there are alot of drugs and drug addicts etc.

I’m constantly have small items missing around my home so i never any items of value outside.The delivery driver stated when he dropped off the package there were neighbors in there yards when he dropped it off. I asked UPS does any of there drivers use judgment calls when leaving packages. long story short my expensive camera allegedly was left on my front steps and it’s not there fault if i did not get it. someone has to be held accountable for my property. I need help receiving or replacing my missing camera..I expect a response ASAP…and hopefully UPS can teach drivers to make judgement calls when leaving big boxed packages.

Customer Rating

I shipped a Beautiful Bicycle which was destroyed by UPS over Christmas. This Claim was denied by UPS. They say a bicycle box is not strong enough to hold bicycles. The used bicycle shipping box was perfect when it was shipped. No box could withstand the forces UPS put on this box. It was likely dropped several times on the end, despite the up arrows. This box safely carried a bicycle 13, 000 miles and delivered it in perfect condition. UPS destroyed it in 1200 miles. Check Consumer Affairs about UPS. The dont care how they treat your stuff and wont pay for the damages their indifference causes. Remember this if you ship a bicycle, your at your own risk, as they will deny the claim. DO NOT SHIP WITH UPS, unless you dont care about your items!

Customer Rating

Paid for expedited shipping from NY to SC. Package made it to SC and is sitting in a trailer on the UPS yard. UPS is blaming bad weather for their being too cheap to hire extra help or work overtime to unload the trailers they let back up. UPS “Customer Service” (Joke to call it that)using a multitude of lies to excuse massive failure. Will not give out contact information for local manager. They have made it clear that they simply do not care and all I can do is wait until their UNION employees decide to unload the trailers. Fed Ex delivered EVERYTHING on time as UPS FAILED AGAIN.

Customer Rating

This morning when I was walking my dog in Princess Anne Square condo in Virginia Beach, VA, I noticed a UPS deliver (Female Caucasian with long blond hair) trying to do a u-turn with her UPS truck while talking on her cell phone. She could barely make it around. I guess it was an urgent call that she couldn’t stop for. I should be glad she wasn’t texting or she would have taken down the whole row of houses! I guess she or UPS have not heard that that is dangerous and against the law!

Companies Like UPS

• USPS (9)
    33.333333333333
  • Fedex (36)
    41.111111111111

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!