UPS

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about UPS

Posted by Complaints Department on Dec 24, 2012
Customer Rating

I want to know why my mother has to pay shipping and freight costs for a package deliverd by batman / robin. to the wrong address. luckey the man was honest for us or we would not got that package.and as for the headcheese that called on our complaint, round round we went. at about 11am 12-24-12 i herd a trk out front i looked out and it was pulling away i thought we got our box in stead they went down the street and droped it at the wrong address.we shipped it on 2 day express, and now a week later. “com”on”man” 1z5771401274729151 517.79

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did UPS provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about UPS?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.02 out of 5
2.02 out of 5 Stars
53 Consumer Reviews

UPS
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to UPS. What is their corporate mailing address?

55 Glenlake Pkwy. Ne
Atlanta, GA 30328

I want to call the UPS customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

404-828-6000

I need to visit the UPS company website. What is their website address?

More UPS Complaints

Customer Rating

I understand that at times people will not be home, but your employee in my area did not even go up my apartment or call me. Then, he leaves a notes outside of the department. Yet, when I came where the mail is, there was a note from UPS for another person. Why is it that they can leave a note inside, where it is safe and secure, YET they leave my note, where anyone in the streets can take it. I am extremely upset that this has happened. The one word I can about this is "lazy".

Customer Rating

Waiting a parcel containing merchandise to be sold during religious event from 30/11 to 02/12. Parcel never arrived. I was not given a tracking number by UPS so I could not track parcel. When I finally managed to find the tracking number I called UPS and they said that I could not get my pack until the payment of GBP 77 was issued as the pack was subject to importation fees ( into UK). I was very upset and said to UPS that no one had told me that there were additional fees to pay.

I also asked why no one called me to advise that my package had arrived and I had to pay for it. The lady on the phone replied that it is my problem and not their concern. I asked how was I supposed to track the pack if they never provided me with the tracking number...She did not care. In the end I had to pay and the lady said that the pack was going to be delivered the day after ( friday 30th). On Friday I received no delivery so I called UPS at around 17.30 and a man said that they do delivery up to 7pm so I had just to wait. I protested and he said that I had to wait and guaranteed that the pack was going to be delivered by 7pm.

Well, the pack was never delivered. I am trying to contact UPS but there is no way to write to them. I wish to request financial compensation for the economic damage caused by UPS careless service. The merchandise had to be sold during the religious event. The event is now over and I have to find alternative ways to sell the goods but there is no guarantee that I will be able to sell them. I wish to claim compensation for the value of the pack that is GBP 336 (this include fees for the money transfer to Colombia). I also want to claim back the GBP 70 that I had to pay for the importation fees and I want a compensation for poor customer service resulting in economic loss. thank you

Customer Rating

I am totally disgusted with the way our 11 packages were sent. Carelessness on the UPS Driver of saying he couldn't find our road when we have had UPS deliver many times before. I need to file a fromal complaint against the Driver, Truck # 676143 out of Muskogee, Ok Hub. A complaint against the Lady Foreman, who smarted off to me saying, "You cant get your money back." Her name is Valerie Gravy. Ths Supervisor was ridiculous. After finally standing there 55 minutes, A. Griffith, said she didnt know what was going on. We drove 23 miles to Hwy 51B & 161st to meet up with the driver at 7:15pm. We were there. He was to wait for us just for a few minutes. We got there, we waited 15 minutes and he never showed up. We drove back 22 miles back to the Muskogee Hub and waited till 8:53 for the UPS dirver to make it back. He was either 190 or 143. They wouldnt give me the Drivers name. I need to give the details if you would call me at 918 485 5522. My name is Dave Ward. Please call me for tracking number.

Customer Rating

UPS driver (license/truck # 36DLV4) on Monday, January 14, in Houston, Texas between 9-9:30am, at the intersection of 610 freeway and West Bellfort proceeded to practically run me off the road so that he could get in the lane I was already in to make a right turn. He was barrowly off of the 610 Freeway and needed to cross over three lanes to make the right turn on West Bellfort. I was already driving on the second lane of that feeder lane. Once I saw that he was not going to yield or slow down once he saw the lane was occupied, I slammed my brakes to come to a complete stop to avoid a accident with him. Once he crossed until my lane and over, I was able to pull up on the side of him where he then began to shout at me. My window was up and I wasn't able to hear exactly what he was shouting but by the look of his face it wasn't pleasant things.

Customer Rating

At approx. 9:16 PM EDT, UPS delivery truck driver (female) of UPS truck # 113208 noisily sped down our short, narrow, PRIVATE, DEAD-END road at a speed estimated to be in excess of 35mph. I waited for the driver to make her delivery 3 houses to the East of our home. I then attempted to flag the again SPEEDING truck down upon her exit of our DEAD-END PRIVATE road by standing on my lawn near the road (we have no sidewalks - it is a PRIVATE road) waving a flashlight in to the road and making a simple gesture with my hand to slow down. The driver did not appear that she had any intention of stopping, so I walked out to stand near the center of our road (it's only 20' wide) shining my flashlight on to the road surface and she stopped the truck, turned off the ignition and just stared at me. I courteously asked her to please not drive that fast down our street ever again (her excess speed and associated truck noise woke up my husband and our dogs, the neighbor's children, and another neighbor's elderly father!!). I was VERY courteous to your UPS truck # 113208 driver when I spoke with her - at approx 9:19PM. She said not a word to me in any sort of acknowledgement - she just stared at me as I spoke, then she looked ahead towards our street's entrance/exit (remember, it's a DEAD END ROAD) and stared out the windshield of the truck - as though she was just waiting for me to stop speaking. Then she started up the truck and sped away.

I don't care how late or behind schedule your driver of UPS truck # 113208 may have been in making a delivery tonight (May 2, 2013, at approx 9:17 PM EDT!) - but SPEEDING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON OUR PRIVATE ROAD'S PROPERTY (FYI: the City of Fort Lauderdale DOES NOT OWN OUR ROAD - each individual property owner owns the road area in front of their home - and this, as does any, truck crossed over MY property - in order to reach it's package delivery destination). Again - your UPS driver did not even acknowledge that I had spoken any words with her. This - and the totally unacceptable speeding issue - is why I am reporting this to you.

Kindly have an advisory chat with your driver of this truck # 113208 to inquire why she was unnecessarily speeding - and ask her about her experience she had with me that occurred at approx 9:19 PM EDT on May 2, 2013.

If I encounter this driver again following same suit, I will pursue further reprimand action with UPS' Driver Supervisory personnel and other regulatory authorities.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or require further information.

Regards,
Andrea Shaw

Customer Rating

i bought my first $450 DSLR camera and was extremely excited. it was to be delivered on Thursday. my wonderful journey with with UPS starts with my package leaving NJ and not getting another scan for 66 hours, which isn't a big deal as it was still on time. then i learn about a will call request and ask customer service a question about it and in no way did i ask them to change the status of the package.

after giving the lady (Anne S) my UPS tracking number she informs me that she made the changes and i will be able to pick up my package. i had heard that it takes an extra day to do so, i asked if i would still get it by Thursday and didn't get a reply for a while so i called and they said i could get it on Wednesday because it was in my town on MONDAY!!! so that's great. now i get an email back from Anne S saying i can pick it up on Thursday and that she has made the changes (once again assuming!).

At this point i start to bitch at her for constantly assuming when and how i want my package and this time i do not get an email back but instead my package that once said withheld for pickup now says will be delivered. i have never been treated so poorly by any business EVER. if any smaller company had customer service like this then they wouldn't be in business long.

Customer Rating

a ups driver in kissimmee fl dilivered a package and gave it to a stanger in my yard saying it was the right address this was a christmas gift for my wife a very nice computer . i ordered over ebay im so up set with your company for not training your drivers how to check id before handing over a package to a m stranger now my wife has no christmas gift it will take months to get a refund from the seller through ups i am going to file a lawsuit against your company because of this for the heart ache and lose and hafting ti file police report and having my wife being upset with no christmas gift now because of this driver stupiddy she should be fired now i want ups to comensate me triple what the cost and time out of my life to take care of this i want a response right away to im asking for 2000.00 compensation check mailed right away for this problem your driver has caused me for my lose my phone number is 407-729-1332 1312 eola dr kissimmee fl 34741 the tracking number on this stolen item is 1z69r7v50398276927. i need the driver here at my house in the morning to descrbe the person she gave the package to with the police present to file police report . your company is giving me a runaround on this . i will file a law suit againt your company if i dont get compensation right away on this

Customer Rating

You have a worker by the name of Christopher Lafontant, lives in Cambria Heights Queens New York. This worker smokes weed every single day. He has been seen smoking weed and selling weed as well. Drug Test him without his knowledge and you will see. If you let him know you want to drug test him he will go home and use his sons pee. His smoking has impaired his sense of judgement.

Customer Rating

Many of the UPS drivers who drive thru this 55+ community drive the required speed limit, however it's the occassional few who make it bad for all the rest. The speed thru out the community is 25 mph and for those wo do not adhere to the speed are in danger of causing very serious accidents. Can you please inform all drivers to slow down and comply with the community rules before someone gets seriously injured or hurt.

2013-1-8. PO/REF 119775304, Tracking #1Z V40 175 03 7958 0124
The fact was that I have been waiting for my package a for whole day, no one delievered the package. Checked via tracking system, according to your system, a driver failed to deliver because no one was there.

In the morning, I knew that UPS is coming today, I waited for them & checked a door and gate for notice until 6 PM. But, I coud not see a package. My friend who sent the package called UPS customer service and talked superviser, & ask how come coud not deliver even though the person stayed at home a whole day and there was no notice or memo? However, the superviser, name was Jeremi not sure, kept saying no or do not know about, even he did not know the driver's phone number when my friend asked to call for the reason not to deliver. Anyway, I decided to pick it up in local store. My friend already talked to the superviser to prepare my package because I already started going to pick up.

When I walked in the store, asked to pick up, but an employee, I think his name is micheal, did not know about the issue and asked me to pick up tomorrow. I explained your superviser already know regarding my issue and I would like to talk to him. Then he got unpleasant attitude & facial emotion. I though the superviser was not in the office, I asked his phone number and asked to speak to him. Then the employee checked office room and call his manager. We talked about the issue and then they started checking my package. I complained to Micheal " better put a notice" then he said " I understand but those other people also waited at home and pick up now".
I am not talking about to understand or not to. They, both superviser & employee, better to apologize for an inconvenient service.

I waited for 30 mins in the office, and Micheal said driver could not deliver because the gate was locked. However, I checked the door and gate for a notice too.

It is not going to take a minute to put on a notice or call a customer.
and If get complaint of customer service, they have to apologize first.

Customer Rating

Franklin Park, IL, United States 10/25/2012 8:26 P.M. The package was missed at the UPS facility, UPS will deliver on the next business day.
10/25/2012 6:27 A.M. Out For Delivery
Franklin Park, IL, United States 10/22/2012 6:38 P.M. A correct company or receiver name is needed for delivery. UPS is attempting to obtain this information. / The address has been corrected. The delivery has been rescheduled.
Franklin Park, IL, United States 10/18/2012 6:31 P.M. A correct company or receiver name is needed for delivery. UPS is attempting to obtain this information. / A postcard has been sent to the recipient requesting that they contact UPS.
10/18/2012 12:03 P.M. A correct company or receiver name is needed for delivery. UPS is attempting to obtain this information.
10/18/2012 7:09 A.M. Out For Delivery
10/18/2012 6:17 A.M. Arrival Scan
Chicago, IL, United States 10/18/2012 5:30 A.M. Departure Scan
10/18/2012 2:50 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 10/17/2012 10:41 P.M. Departure Scan
10/17/2012 8:44 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 10/17/2012 10:31 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Missed? Really? I spoke to Donna at 847 451 3301 who assured me my package would be delivered October 25th because it was a UPS error. I was told on October 18th that my package would be delivered on October 19th because the driver never even looked at my mailbox to see which apartment was mine. I gave specific directions how to get up to my apartment on this day as well. Now my package was left at the Franklin Park facility? Really?

Customer Rating

I reside at 110 Tropical Drive,Victoria,TX 77904. On more than one occasion the delivery man has done a very poor job in delivering packages to our home. One time a medical package was dropped on the driveway in the hot sun with no notification. Was found when my husband returned home.

Could have been driven over and ruined. Just last night he dropped a package on our front porch and porch light was on and package could have been picked up by someone else. We were home and would not have known he stopped by, but heard the truck driving away.

He could have rang the door bell to alert us. Did that a few days ago when he delivered an express letter, but again dropped letter on porch and left. Someone needs to contact our local delivery office and see if this issue can be resolved. Would be greatly appreciated. Mrs. Melvin 1/16/13

Customer Rating

We live at 34175 SE Brooks Rd., Boring, OR. We have an easement road that runs directly in front of our home that services 2 other homes. There is a long stretch to go up to the other homes andthe UPS driver who services our area speeds way too fast past our house both delivering to the other properties and coming back to the main road. I have stopped this driver twice and asked him to atleast slow down in front of our house as it not only tears the easement up, which costs eveyone who uses this easement extra money to fill in the holes, it also shakes my whole house and puts people and pets at risk when they are outside.

Cheryl Fessler
(503) 887-0020

Customer Rating

I shipped to 2 boxes to address in Maritta Ga only one was received. Some how some smart person sent to the wrong addrerss they shipped back to Capital Heights MD and it stated clearly on the box the correct address on the label to ship it too. I was told this was sent to tracking resoultion section and the driver was supose to go back and pick the box up and sent out to the correct address. When I call the main line I get the running around and my issue have not been solved. This is my first and last time using UPS ever to ship anything. I will notify my job that has a corporate account with UPS not to use you all anymore becasue of poor service.

I am planning to notify the consumer affairs regarding my problem. When call the main it keep saying my package was delivered. I am playing to blog UPS.

Customer Rating

The last couple of times, at least 2 that I remember, I haven't received my packages. The first time it was on a truck for over a week & when I called in to inquire about it the representative said that its considered lost after so many days so that one was lost. Another time, recently like a few days ago & today is March 21, the package was never put on a ups truck to be delivered & after so many days of it being there ups sent it back to the shipper.

VERY URGENT!!!

Dear Mr. Zahid Khan,

Once again, belated Eid Mubarak.

As discussed few minutes back today, Aug. 17, 2013, my package UPS# 1ZR1F7190460017248 for Indonesia sent last July 30, 2013, still not yet delivered as per my tracking and as well from the recipients.

I came to know that the landline phone number +62-21-8833-5639 written found not functioning until today.

But, I'm surprised that the address is correct and why UPS Jakarta or maybe your Bekasi Branch if any bother to go that place. This housing subdivision has been existing for the past 15 years and I have been there.

In view of the above, may I request to deliver once again that package as per details which I have to write once again as below:
1. UPS AWB# 1ZR1F7190460017248
2. Receiver : Elvia Nepina / Ms. Mardina Bangun
3. Address : Perumahan Puri Cendana, Blok D8, No. 26, Taman Krakatau, RT 04/011, Tambun, 17510, Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia
4. Mobile Phone #s : Ms. Mardina Bangun +62-8138-6164-909 & Elvia Nepina +62-8962-9890-183

Hoping for its delivery latest today, Aug. 17, 2013.

Thanks & best rgds,
Chito E.Babia

Customer Rating

I live in the Lake shore Estates area of Ozawkie, KS, this evening between 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm one of your drivers came barreling down Delaware Dr. from the East, headed Westbound at approximately 40 mph, this dirt road is a quiet residential street with children and animals that wander freely, the speed limit is clearly posted at 25 mph. At 25 mph, the vehicles leave very little dust blowing in the air, the dust cloud your reckless driver left was huge. Please teach your drivers how to obey the laws. I have decided that since your drivers are irresponsible, I will not under any circumstances ever use your company again, and further, I will do my best from this point on, to encourage all my friends and family to avoid your business at all costs.
Bill Lloyd

dated this fourth day of October, 2012

Customer Rating

UPS Packages were supposed to be delivered by 12/23/2011. But they never were attempted on a delivery. Contacted customer service on 12/27/2011 and spoke to Jeremiah and he informed me that there was a note stating the customer requested a hold on all six packages. Jeremiah sent a message to the facility in Jackson, MS informing them of the tracking numbers and the note that was showing on each of the tracking numbers. I then received a call from LaToya from that UPS facility and she was very giddy in which I did not find funny at all.

She informed me that this was a system generated message and that my packages were still on a truck. She said she was going to have them take them off the truck and have them delivered. She also stated that she would give me credit for the shipping fees. She told me she would give me a call back. 12/28/2011 1:00 pm cst, I contacted UPS at 1-888-397-1980 and spoke with Donna who went on to tell me that the packages were not guaranteed to be delivered, although it showed a delivery date, they were never delivered. I explained to her that one of my packages which was the 7th package was delivered by FedEx without any problems. She told me they delivered more packages than UPS. Who cares! Don't spout stats at me at this point. I wanted my packages delivered.

So I asked for a UPS supervisor and Donna told me that the packages would be delivered when they are took them off the truck. She got a supervisor, (Bernita) who accessed these tracking numbers and thought it was a bit ridiculous. She attempted to call the facility in Jackson, MS and there was no answer. So she returned to me and told me she would call me back with an update. While out in the yard with a contractor, a person by the name Paulette left a message "I'm returning your call that you said noone called you back." I'll try later. She did not leave a number for me to call her back. This is just ridiculous....In addition to this situation, I am asking for my money for shipping back......So far I have been told no.

I recently ordered some sheets off your internet site and it was shipped ups part of the way to my address and then it was dropped off at a post office in another town and then sent through the postal service to my local post office. When it arrived here, the postal people said there was no Box number on the address and then refused it and sent it back. The receipt I printed after I made my order has my street address as well as my Box number on the shipping adress. I would like to know why my package was shipped part way Ups and part way USPS when we have ups service in my town.

I would also like to know if it is possible if my street address and box number is on my receipt,for my shipping address, if my box number could of been left off my package.

Customer Rating

I went to a Mr. Dave Crayne's UPS Store at 32108 Alvarado Blvd, Union City, CA 94587-400, where his emloyee, Kerry, accepted a package the way I had wrapped it (which now I see she should have been trained not to have accepted it). Mr. Crayne was not in the store at the time. Anyway, not only was the UPS driver not able to deliver my package, which he put down as "receiver" refused to accept, which was a lie, because my friends never saw UPS come by, they are there 24/7 at their address, but the UPS delivered it back to me instead of the store I had gone to to have service for UPS. It had "FRAGILE" written all over it but that was completely ignored. It had a lot of blackened lines across the package and inside, a component was broken into a thousand pieces.

I want back to Mr. Crayne's store to at least get a refund on the shipping, which he did, but I was heartbroken my item was damaged and smashed to smithereens. Mr. Crayne had to cop and attitude about me getting compensation for the item, he made it sound like I had done something wrong. I was too upset to deal with it by then.

Mr. Crayne, first of all should have trained his employees what to accept as "safe" to deliver (she knew it was fragile), or what not to accept. He did not even apologize for my broken item. Also, UPS driver told a "lie" about not being able to deliver it, because Mr. Crayne told me the reason it wasn't delivered, quoting him, "It was an idiot driver."

I will no longer use UPS as long as I live. The gift I had inside for a special person that was destroyed, without anybody seemingly to even care, was too heartbreaking for me. And to say the least, I will NEVER use Mr. Crayne's store again, and am telling as many people I can not to go in there, OR USE UPS either. I have told many, many people of my experience, and they are not eager to use UPS this Christmas season.

I know I never will again.

Customer Rating

I placed an order on the 14th of October 2011 and have not received it as of today. I called your department store and spoke to a Johnny, he told me that UPS lost or misplaced my order, and now I will have to reorder and pay another $215.98 and wait AGAIN!. He then transferred me to a supervisor "Mark ID 50827" who was no help he told me the same as Johnny. That I will have to wait 2weeks for my refund and if I want I can reorder and pay again. What kind of business are you running? I want my money back on my bank account and do not appreciate this kind of business. Why can my order not be sent to me right away?

Why do I get penalize for UPS's mistake. I either want my order or my money put back on my account right away.

Customer Rating

The UPS driver for 24th street in Philadelphia (19103) comes to my street same time every day and slams his dumb cart on the ground disrupting me and my roommate who work from home. He then slams the packages on the cart half of them falling on the street. This guy is completely careless and unprofessonial and should be fired - or at least provided additional traning on how to disrupt the neighborhood bringing attention to himself and without possible damaging packages.

Customer Rating

The Hilton Hotel in Costa Mesa, California shipped an insured package to me, which never made it to its intended destination. A claim was subsequently filed. UPS stated they must deal with the "shipper" (hotel), although my information was inputted onto the claim form, as well my facsimile copies of receipts for the lost item. UPS defers to the Hilton, who only submitted the claim and has no involvement in this matter whatseover. Moreover, Hilton employees have no insight for me. UPS emailed me directly, asking for a receipt for the item, which I provided. Ironically, the hotel employee that processed the shipping request and claim is no longer working there.

Therefore, I can't expect any further assistance from the hotel. I called several times and keep getting jerked around by UPS. Since they keep stating they need to deal with the "hotel" (shipper per se), I asked to make a "conference call" from UPS to the Hilton Hotel so we could resolve this matter. They claimed they "couldn't do that." When I finally asked for a "supervisor," they placed me on hold for more than 45 minutes.

Bottom line: I am the aggrieved party; may name and information is on the claim form, not the Hilton Hotel; remittance is owed to me, not the Hilton Hotel; I have exhausted all avenues and since this is no longer even mildly entertaining, all I would like to hear from someone is that UPS is completely inept, I'll receive no assistance or remittance, and my only recourse is to go to court, which based upon nothing more than principle at this point (I really sympathize with non-attorney customers who wouldn't have this available option), I'm very happy to do.

Customer Rating

I shipped two packages and the UPS department mixed up the paperwork. 13 items got shipped to a US location with the ticket that was #235 lbs and the 2 items got shipped to Hawaii with a #13,00lb ticket. We caught the package in California to reroute it to the other location and then the other package was picked up and sent to the Hawaii location. Well now they are trying to charge $2500 shipping charge on the 2 items that was rerouted from California because of the weight. When in reality that package was only 235lbs and they are like prove it. But they have the proof from the 13 item package as they picked it up reweighed it and charge us the difference from 235 to 13,000lbs and charged us the overage. Now they are still trying to charge us the excess amount of $2500 especially when the 2 item box was worth only $200 total. No one at the UPS will help they said they would give a 60% discount and charge us $1000 but that is still 5X the amount of the actual package.

Customer Rating

they lie and said they came by my house to attempt to give me a package but here is how i know it was a lie even without me even siting in the window all day the mailman brought me the slip at 11:00 oclock for my package but i still sit in the window and waite because the mailman said on the slip it said letter they already made a slip for me to pick up package but lied still and at about 3:30 I saw A truck on the otherside of the street down the road.

at 6:00 i call the place where i got the shoes from and they said u.p.s. tried to delivery but i said i would pick package up at springfield ave. station why the hell would i said that if i paid for it to be delivered to my house they had already made the slip out for me to pick it up at the postoffice they never made any type of attempt to bring it to my house this happen on Dec. 2, 2011 at the springfiled ave. office in newark nj 07013 and this is the not the first time.

everytime i supose to get something delivered i always have to go looking for it why ,if they dont wont to work than fire their asses and give the job to someone who will do it

Customer Rating

I was expecting a package from my supplier and waited all day for the delivery ,usually there will be a 10am delivery or around 3pm delivery.Around 3:30 pm my delivery did not arrived and I contacted my supplier for the tracking # he gave it to me and I entered it into my system and they said and attempt was made at 1:08 pm .Thats was Incorrect I tried reaching out to the supervisors and I heard different excuses .Still waiting on package

Customer Rating

HI MY NAME IS ANTHONY TWO WEEKS AGO I ORDERD A CELL PHONE FROM TMOBILE AND IT WAS DELIVERED BUT LEFT IN FRONT OF MY DOOR ON THE FLOOR MY NEIGHBOR PICKED IT UP AND HELD IT SHE CALLED MY HOUSE PHONE AND MY MOTHER PICKED UP.MY MOTHER WAS HOME ALL DAY SICK ON TUESDAY THE 11TH SO IM 100 PERCENT THAT THE UPS GUY DIDNT RING THE BELL OR KNOCK ON DOOR.WHO EVER DOES THE ROUT ON 84TH STREET AND AMSTERDAM AVE HAS NOT BEEN DOING THEIR JOB RIGHT FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS THATS BEEN GOING ON IN THIS BUILDING PACKAGES LEFT IN FRONT OF SUPERS DOOR WITH OUT NOTICE OR IN FRONT OF PERSONS DOOR.PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS ISSUE.I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH UPS TILL NOW I WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO USE THE SERVICE...THANK YOU
ANTHONY TIRADO
154 WEST 84TH STREET#303
NY NY 10024

Customer Rating

I recently received a stereo preamp that I bought on Ebay. The unit had been previously bought and returned due to a measurement listed wrong. The item went half way across the country and back in tact. When it got shipped to me, on Friday, the box was crushed, the .062" stamped steel covers were badly dented. I immediately filed a claim with UPS. A claims agent called me a few hours later. He tried to claim it was not packed properly etc.

but I reminded him it made a farther journey and was fine. It was obviously mistreated. I decided to try to repair the unit, so I disassembled it, put the metal cover and rear panel in a press to straighten it out. It is really heavy steel for a stereo. The UPS agent told me that would be fine if I could fix it, and he would contact me on the following Monday or Tuesday, but I should stay in contact with the shipper. I was successful fixing the preamp, but the glass insulator that came with it is toast.

I told the shipper I was pursuing a claim for my time and damaged items. Well, no call from UPS. So I contacted them via live chat, and was informed my case was closed. All transactions have to go through the shipper, and the shipper did not enter a value on the unit. I thought the minimum was $100 anyway. As the conversation went on, making sure I understood, I was informed UPS does NOT INSURE any package. You are not buying insurance when you enter the item value!! SO I am letting everyone know, UPS does not insure packages, and if you get damage, YOU ARE SCREWED!!

So don't bother paying higher shipping rates, the claims are worthless. I have talked to many people that had legitimate claims only to get nothing. Buyer beware!

Customer Rating

I recently sent for a phone to come from my phone at your company called Schurian and somebody said they dropped off the package yesterday or today came by to drop it off and nobody was home I was home nobody knocked on my door nobody knocked on the main door outside the building I live in. So I setup a time today to go to pick up the package at the UPS after working out something on the phone with someone there I was told they close at 7:30 this large black man at 17 Gold Ave. newark nj UPS SITE. They close at 6:00 pm. Mind you I checked the website I checked the iPhone app and I also checked the phone number to see they close at 7:30 on the main pick up side this gentleman was clearly obstructing my way and not allowing me to get my package I want to complain about it and I would like it handled immediately.

Customer Rating

I went to a UPS store to ship a parcel. I asked about duty and fees because I was shipping a parcel from the US to Canada. I asked the associate multiple times if there would be any fees once it got to Canada. The young lady assured ed me multiple times that the fees I was paying included all that. When the parcel got to Canada they attempted ed to deliver it but my son was unable to be home to pick it up. A request was made to be able to pick it u at the store. When my son went to pick it up he was told it was out for delivery. The associate then told my son that the driver would make another run and bring it to his house because of the inconvenience. My son waited at home and they did not show up again. He called again and was assured that it would now be waiting for him at the the store to pick up. The evening prior to this I received a call fro the owner of the UPS store that I had shipped the parcel from. He told me that I needed to give him my credit card no before the parcel would be released from customs.
I told him that it had been out for delivery so how could it still be in customs. He kept saying I needed to pay him first and that he had no idea after I paid him when it would be released from customs. After giving him the credit card info I called UPS customer service and informed them of the situation. I was informed by customer service that he was not supposed to ask for money and that my son just needed to pick up the parcel. When my husband called the man back to explain this to him he said UPS was wrong and when my husband asked him for payment back he said he would try but was not sure if he would be able to. This has been an extremely frustration time from both the shipping and receiving end. I hope that UPS comes to some sort of practical solution to this and the ups store receives training on international shipping. he next step I will be taking is to contact the bbb to file a formal complaint.AT this time the fee has not been returned to my credit card. That is fraud

Customer Rating

I am writing to whom this may concern. My girlfriend shipped a package from Calgary Alberta to Playa del Carmen Mexico. She was told by the UPS agent that she didn't need anything else and the box would be delivered in a week. Then UPS tracking tells me it's being held in Customs because we need a import license, after we asked if we needed anything in Canada. So needless to say after hours of phone calls and several Supervisors getting involved nothing happened. No promised returned calls and no emails. UPS made us feel this was our fault. So they told we can ship the package back to Canada. Now they are saying we owe them $129.00 for the return cost, unbelievable!!! We have never been so mistreated or lied to ever in dealing with a company. They never once stood by their word, never once returned calls, no emails and the worst customer service ever! We are outraged that they are trying to collect this money after everything they put us though never mention the stress. I can't understand how a acting UPS agent would not know we needed a simple import license. This never should of happened. Now we want all our money back as this is down right unacceptable. We are seeking legal council in this matter, as we feel we are being bullied and mistreated.
Dean Carter.