Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5 Stars
43 Consumer Reviews

State Farm
Complaint Department

State Farm is a combination of insurance and financial services. It is one of the top insurers in the United States. There are over 18,000 agents, 65,000 employees, 343 claim offices and 30 operations centers. Revenues in 2013 were reported as US 68 billion.

If you want to contact State Farm regarding your account or a claim you may call the customer service number 1-800-440-0998. You may also look at this list of helpful numbers to call. To contact the new (as of September 2015) CEO, Michael Tipsord by mail, address your correspondence to him at State Farm, 1 State Farm Plaza, Bloomington, IL 61710.  The corporate office telephone number is 309-766-2311.

Founded in 1922 by George Mecherle, State Farm donates over 60 million dollars to community type non-profits. State Farm Park, for employees, is 99 acres of recreational, water park and camping facilities. The slogan is: ‘Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.’ You may find State Farm social media forums such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to be of help.

Have you had problems with State Farm?

Compare State Farm to Similar Auto Insurance more...

Top 43 Reviews about State Farm

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a State Farm customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I have been a customer of State Farm for 25 years. A few weeks ago we filed our first homeowner's claim in those 25 years when a plumbing leak dripped down to the first floor and caused damage. The company’s response has been atrocious. It took me hours to get through to claims. Then the adjuster who came clearly did not know what he was doing. Then I emailed them a copy of the plumber's report that clearly stated that to fix the plumbing leak that caused the damage, the bathroom would need to be "torn up."

The company denied the claim, other than $300 above my deductible. (The cost to repair would be more like $15,000-20,000.) Mr. Ken Jones, a manager in claims in Chicago, said that they would only pay for work that was necessary to fix the leak. I replied that this was all I was asking for, and that the plumber had clearly said that the bathroom would have to be torn up to fix the leak. So, the manager said he would send out a new adjuster and have him meet with the plumber.

The second adjuster said the same thing as the first - that the bathroom would not need to be torn up, even though the plumber was in the room and contradicted him and I had submitted the written report from the plumber. (I had agreed that I would fix the actual plumbing itself because I knew there was an exclusion for plumbing.)

Then, the manager called me to say that he did not dispute the fact that the bathroom had to be torn up, but that my policy would not cover that work. If this was the case, why did they send out the second adjuster? Why did he suggest that they would cover such work earlier. The company tried one reason after another to not cover the loss.

Upvote (0)

Today I received notice that State Farm was cancelling my home owner insurance after 32 years. The reason was to many claims in 32 years. I can count four 3 storm and 1 vandalism. State Farm has all my of insurance, home, auto, boat and life. I guess they don't want my money. Because now I will take all of those policies and go elsewhere.

Upvote (0)

My car is paid for, the car is registered in my name only, I have had insurance with State Farm for years. I was married on December 5th, of this year. I called my agent to change my name, and it was said that my husband had to be registered to my car. I am not happy with this. I called my agent in California who has my insurance on my condo. She said that I could have my husband exempt from the policy. I'm living here in Mesa, Az. My insurance agent said no. Who's right?

Upvote (0)

I was in an accident may 18, 2015. My State Farm claim is still open for reasons unknown. I cannot get a hold of the claim adj-always get his voicemail (Matthew Stambaugh), they will only contact me by mail and so to top it off I received a letter today after my first big complaint last week on their website. The letter states; "to make me aware the Ohio statute of limitations expires May 18th, 2015"; which is the the same day as when my accident happened. I don't understand this? I was not at fault for this accident and have had more then enough trouble with all this. My car was taken in for repairs and 4-5 months later seen it wasn't done properly: paint is chipping off and/or rubbing off already. I'm still having troubles with the alignment and my wheels.

And this is the worst part: I tired everything in my power not to go to the hospital but 2 days after my accident my upper back and neck area seized up and I was forced then to go to hospital for treatment per my work. Now State Farm will not pay any of these claims and all the hospital bills are in collections and overall I had to take off work for 3 days due to this accident and the adj states I can't be reimbursed for as well. I don't get this. Why do I have to feel stressed out 7 months and going, when is this going to end, why can't I talk to a manager or someone who will listen: I just want to close this how do I stress this enough for State Farm to understand.

This accident was not my fault I say it again. I should have know since the first day when State Farm and the police had to force the insurer to call his insurance co for further information regarding him to file a claim. I should have know then this was not going to be as easy nor convenient task on my behalf. Ugh. State Farm is unreal and has struck me with more grief then I can handle. I pray for everyone's sake if this has happened to others within my situation.

Upvote (0)

I rate the Company and my experience with State Farm over all the years I have been a policy holder as excellent. My complaint is just one of irritation over the attitude of my agent in Shelton, WA, Malanie Bakala. Some months ago my auto insurance increased by close to $60 and I complained to my Melanie Bakala that I thought it excessive and now my be the time to look for another insurance company. She replied to go right ahead as that may be the thing to do.

Today, Dec. 3rd, I received my Home Owners Policy statement and it indicated the payment was to be made by the Mortgagee which is not the case. I phone the Mortgagee and they said they did not authorize the billing to go to them and furthermore, they do not have any fund from which to pay insurance or taxes. They advised me to call State Farm. Chris at the State Farm branch took my call and said that mortgage companies require they pay the insurance. I advised her this was not the case and they must have taken upon themselves to make the change. Finally after consulting with someone she came back and said she would take payment NOW over the phone. I asked when it was due. She said Jan 12th, 2016. I told her to rebill me with a return envelope and payment stub. She then agreed to do this.

This complaint is not against State Farm, but this branch. I find their attitude inappropiate in representing State Farm. Tis the season to be Jolly.

Upvote (0)

I have been trying to change my coverage online for the last 2 months. I finally received a call back from an agent on Monday 11-9-15. She apologized to me and let me know that she would be processing the change right away and was sending me a confirmation of the change that day. That never happened. My husband contacted our local agent today 11/20/15 pretty upset to express his disappointment. The purpose of his call was to get things resolved that day and he didn't feel as he was getting anywhere with the agent. She never apologized or took responsibility for what had been going on. That pissed my husband off. He said a few things that where inappropriate but not one time did he make any threats. The agent said that she no longer wanted to conduct business with us and would be forwarding our information over to another agent. I think that this was very unprofessional of her and I don't like the way she did us. If this is the way customers are going to be treated by state farm agents then I think we may need to consider finding another insurance company.

Upvote (0)

I phoned the customer call center for State Farm. I was put on hold. The agent promised to call if disconnected. After 2 minutes state farm disconnected. The agent did NOT call. I re-called state farm. The 2nd agent promised to re-connect. He did not. Wow! Very sloppy customer service.

Upvote (0)

We have been a customer of State Farm Insurance for our cars for over 35 years and have found their service to decline during the past few years. There is lack of communication and much delays in responding back to our inquires. We filed a claim back in March 2013 when we were hit by a car that backed up on us and since that time there has been very little progress in terms of finalizing the case. State Farm has claimed that the case was preposterous in that the person who hit me was at fault; therefore, State Farm has continued to try and pursue the case with Geico and has hired any attorney to follow up with this case. In the meantime I gave a verbal testimony via the phone (in Southern California) and six months later they claimed that the phone recording was not valid and unable to be processed. I had to go directly into the State Farm office to follow-up with this. They had placed me on the phone to re-testify the accident again. Since November 2013, I have yet to hear back from State Farm in regards to the progress of the unresolved case.

In the meantime, my six month premium bills have continued to rise in anywhere from $40-$50 without any sufficient documented reasons to explain why there was such an increase. In following up with this, we e-mailed State Farm directly and their response was that it was 'state wide" and no other reason to explain what the state wide increase evolved from-- earthquake, floods, disaster, shortage of water, road repairs, etc. This is not good communication at all. Businesses expect to keep their existing clientele satisfied and as continuing customers, but without effective and clear communication, it does not feel good to deal with such an insurance company as State Farm.

In my experience when there is an increase in any fees with a company, it is a normal procedure to explain to the customer what the increase fee imposed is, otherwise, if a customer inquires, they should discount or prorate the customer's bill appropriately since the increase in rate was not appropriately conveyed to the customer in writing anywhere in the bill itself. This is definitely not good practice with State Farm. We have not filed any claims with State Farm for over 2 years and we are good standing customers who are over 55 years old. State Farm really does not value their loyal customers. We are really considering to look into other potential insurance companies that can offer us a much comparable rate as State Farm.

Upvote (0)

I just received a letter of inquiry from State Farm Ins. Company. It is insulting that you question my honesty. I have FOUR vehicles. All insured with State Farm for many, many years. My home insurance is also with your company. I receive a letter asking about the mileage on my 2012 Mercedes. I enter the guess of how many miles I will drive it and then put in the actual mileage now . I presume that is so you all can check it next year to see if I drove it enough or too much. How about NONE of your business. Talk about "BIG BROTHER" watching. Do you all think you are the CIA or what? I am a single 72 year old widow that has 4 cars. I have a 1991 GMC (25 years old)that has 74000 miles on it, insured with you also and yet I do not receive questions about the mileage. Nor about my Subaru or Toyota Camry. STOP meddling in my personal business and mileage on my cars. I have Agent Orange in my liver and also am a Disabled Vet. I hope you don't need my health record too. I also have a ton of miles on me. I would go to another company but my State Farm agent has been a great guy all these years. This crap I get in the mail is not from him.

Upvote (1)

We rented a car on November 2nd from Hertz, here in Canton Ohio at the Whipple location, a 2015 Nissan Altima, drove the car for a day and realized the heat didn't work in the vehicle so we contacted the location they we rented the car and was informed that they did not have another full size car(by there standards) at the location. So we were informed that we could get a compact car from this location and we explained that a compact car would not work for us due to we have an elderly person that would be getting in and and out of the vehicle and it would be to hard on her. The young lady informed us that we could go to a different location and pick up a car in the next town, so i contacted the corporate office and explained to them that we could not go that far and pick up the vehicle so she informed us that we could go to the airport to pick up a vehicle and that she would call them, so after putting me on hold and being the third person that i talked to at Hertz due to they kept sending from one department to the next, she came back to the phone and told me she couldn't get through and gave me the number to call (which i got a hold of someone immediately) problem solved, "hell no".

Spoke to a guy at the Akron Canton airport and explained to him that they had me call from corporate office and would pick up a mid-sized car from them so then he explained to me that he doesn't have one either and that i would have to go to Akron to pick one up. So I asked if it was possible that they could have it brought to there location, and was informed that they don't do that. Well i informed him that they don't do business either and that i would be heading to Enterprise so I will be dropping the car off to him at the Airport and he can deliver it to the Whipple location since he don't deliver cars, and that we will never do business with Hertz again. And the funny thing is i am a county employee and we rent cars through Hertz for our business trips, and I am usually the one who takes care of it, but it will never happen again.

Upvote (0)

My State Farm Agent, Caldwell Dunn, did not submit my roof replacement information which I gave to him at the end of February 2015 in a timely fashion to the home office and yesterday the home office cancelled my homeowner's insurance policy. My next course of action is to call the Complaint Line and the CEO! I have been a State Farm Client for over 30 years and my service was excellent when Charles McCreary was my agent. Charles was a perfectionist and did a wonderful job and so did his office staff. The two agents, Kelli Smith and Caldwell Dunn, whom I have encountered after Charles' death have been irresponsible and unprofessional. I am a very dissatisfied State Farm Client as of today! There is much more to this situation which I need to discuss with a customer service representative as soon as possible.

Upvote (0)

June 2015 My husbands ford focus was involved in a chuck hole incident as well as flooding which fried the computer system in the car. We filed the claim and after moving through the process of determining why it was un drivable discovered that the transmission was involved. We were first told that that the transmission could only be removed with our permission. 30 minutes later, the decision was reversed and the adjuster said to take the transmission out. The Trans was removed and found to be damaged , cracked seal which leaked fluid. We referred back to a former claim of a rear end collision . No claim was found. Then the claim was found. the car was 2 years old with 167000 miles , known by most car owners as minimal milage. SF refused to fund the transmission replacement. Why would a transmission seal be cracked? general wear all high way miles? or a collision? SF continued to refuse coverage. 30 years of SF coverage with no more than 5 claims in that time... 2 houses and numerous cars covered by state farm and this happens... result... we are moving to new insurance co. Repair shop folks stated that WE GOT SCREWED. We intend to let it be known that SF is a poor choice.

Upvote (0)

Flood Insurance problems are common with State Farm it seems. Here is my complaint letter. After asking for my insurance to be transferred from Eric a few years back, Eric kept my flood insurance. FEMA has requirements in filling out paper work to lower your flood insurance. Working between FEMA and Eric was frustrating. Eric would not get the requested paper work into FEMA. After the last request to fill out a certain document, he told me it was taking up too much of his time and transferred me to another agent. The requested document was sent in to FEMA blank with his signature on it. Now I have to start all over with a new agent. I am like a good neighbor.... I tell everyone not to use State Farm!

Upvote (0)

We were rear ended on 7/22/14 by a drunk driver who fled the scene and totaled my Lexus. State Farm was our insurer for over 23 years. They insured my house for 21 years and 3 cars with full coverage. We called the police immediately. They came to the scene and took our information and the witness who saw the accident information. We went immediately to the hospital. We called State Farm and told them what had happened. We were able to take a picture of the license plate of the drunk driver who fled the scene. The Sheriff told us the guy had whiskey plates. The Police did not go after the guy not that day or any day. We were sent a letter to our home stating that they sent the drunk driver a letter asking him to call the police about the accident. This letter was bizarre because it was a whole month after the accident. My husband is a Pastor and has been for 11 years.

State Farm gave us the worst treatment I have ever seen for someone who was left for dead after being rear ended by a drunk driver. State Farm got the witness statement and acted like the guy was lying and did not see what he saw. They did not contact him until almost a year later and tried to poke holes in his story. The witness told the police the same story as he told State Farm and my lawyer. State farm is a RACIST organization. The drunk driver is also insured thru State Farm and the guy is trying to say he did not commit the crime. State Farm stopped paying our medical bills after two months. The Medical places then started sending us the bills now my credit is being ruined. The line of questioning they gave us was unbelievable during our deposition. They asked us if we were felons, if we did drugs, if the accident my husband was in over 30 years in the military ago was the cause of the accident now.

They wanted to pull our financials for me and him and our church. We were the ones who was hurt in the accident. What does my church have to do with me getting rear ended? MN is a NO FAULT STATE. They have humiliated us so bad that we do not understand what is going on. They wanted to know why we even went to the park or on a drive. I have never heard of anything so strange in all my life. My lawyer said if we were white this would have never happened. I am submitting complainant forms to every organization I can for the BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM STATE FARM. I would HATE to see what 25 years of being with a company gets you. There is not a day that goes by that we are not in pain and we are being treated as if we did not have insurance with this company for 23 years. We are hurt and cannot make the pain go away we would not intentional hurt anyone the way they have hurt us.

Upvote (0)

Agent unprofessional messed up my payment plan by having by premium deducted from my checking acct caused me to get a cancellation notice tried to find out the problem all I could get is I don't know called the corporate office talked to someone I thought had taken care of my problem I was told that agent did nor reinstate my payment plan from March of 2015 ( at that time I was having another problem) was told that a payment who be taken out on 5/20/2015 I would get another cancellation notice at which time another premium payment would be taken out and then I would be back on course none of that happened all a LIED.

5/29/2015 called by agent twice no return went to the office at which time I was told no payments have been taken out went to my bank talked and cried with Sue ( my husband died 2months before all this lying I was getting ) Sue checked my transactions and found no payment taken out of my account no time in May. I was so hurt and distraught all I could do was cry.

Went back to the agent's office made payments to catch me up had the business I was calling them taking carry and was asked did I want a peppermint to sweeten me up told her no cause no because State Farm is NASTY and walked out the original agent sitting there eating and never spoke nor apologized. Yes State Farm is NASTY I have been with State Farm since 1976 or 77 I have 3 agents 1 nice second one was a thief he took my husbands discounts off without permission when checked on the high premium he checked with corporate office to see if he could be reimbursed for the difference they told him no so I guess he put it in his pocket now this one wants to keep you running every month for errors on the bills. Yes State Farm Is nasty.

Upvote (0)

I was involved in an accident last year, where I was ran off the road. It was the other driver's fault. My car flew through the air over 10 feet and landed in a ditch approximately eight feet below the street. I was driving a 2014 Infiniti convertible. State Farm did a poor job assessing the vehicle and never asked about the accident.

Instead of totaling it out, they paid 28K in repairs after it was in the shop for four months. Since then, it has been in the shop for over a month because a bracket that raises and lowers the top was warped, which brought the total to 31K. I think the car is unsafe to drive because the seat moves at the frame and knocks on turns above 15 mph. I am terrified it will rip out if I got into the smallest accident. Infiniti has had trouble getting them to respond, so I finally got involved and it is supposed to get looked at next week.

Long story short, the adjuster's customer service and response time has been atrocious. But even worse, his failure to properly check out the vehicle in the first place is going to cost State Farm a small fortune becuase in the end, they will have paid over 80K for a 50K vehicle and will lose a 21 year faithful customer.

Upvote (0)

State Farm Insurance Murfreeboro, Tennessee will start deducting money from employees paid check per State Farm survey.

In 2014 Murfreeboro, Tennessee, State Farm Insurance Headquarters’s did a survey and decided that their employees where being paid more money than the national average. In the past, this was a company who encourage the employees to get their licenses, etc to exceed and climb corporate ladder.

Starting August 2015 employees paid checks will see the first deduction over the survey amounts.

Example:
If the Level before survey paid 25,000.00 and then survey said it should be 20,000.00. There is a 5,000.00 difference. In 2015, 2,500.00 would be recalculated from pay check and employee would receive 22,500.00 per 2015. Then in 2016 the next 2,500.00 would be recalculated, leaving the employee making 20,000.00 per year instead of original 25,000.00 per year.

1. Is this illegal? It is morally illegal.
2. State Farm is not dealing fairly with their policy holders or customers, now they are targeting their employees.
3. Is this just in Murfreeboro or is this nation wide? Time for a investigator reporter.
4. How much did the survey cost? More or less than taking money from employees?
5. Please do not say for employees to start looking for another job. How about State Farm doing the right thing and not take employees hard earn money.

How would you feel if your company took money away from you that you had work hard to achieve for you and your family? How would you feel if you transfer from other state to the Murfreeboro location and now getting a pay decrease? Would you help State Farm customers to the best of your ability, after the company put the screws to you? This is a lot to think about Dear Customers of State Farm. If you thought things were bad before, good luck future.

Upvote (0)

I called and canceled my policy because I switched to a different insurance company. Two days later, they pulled funds from my account for another month for which I received a $25.00 NSF fee. Then, a week later, they pulled the payment again. When I contacted my local office again they then informed me that they would put in a refund request but I would still have to pay for the week of coverage due to my payment date being a week after my coverage date that no one informed me of. So now I am out $25.00 NSF fee and $30.00 for coverage I didn't need because I was already covered by my other insurance company. I would appreciate getting my money back.

Upvote (0)

Called them to ask if my daughter's truck could be insured under my policy. I specified that the truck was registered out of state. I was told they could do it as long as it she was listed as an occasional driver. So I renewed the plates spending about $100. Called to start the insurance and was then told they couldn't do it. The agent then became extremely rude! Time to drop these idiots!

Upvote (0)

I had purchased home insurance with State Farm Insurance about 6 years ago. The home was my mother's home and I lived with and cared for my mother, she has since passed. When I purchased the policy from Chris Gaudet in Lake Charles, La, I went to the office without my mother, I had the payments automatically withdrawn from my checking account each month and there was no problem. Someone from the company recently called me to ask about putting my auto insurance and home insurance together and at that time I did explain that the home was not in my name but my mother's and she had passed. Now there is some settlement damage on the rear of the home, I called and sent a photo to the agent to see what I need to do to repair this and was told that I need to get a contractor to give me an estimate (no referrals given). Before I could get someone out to look at the damage I receive a call from the agent to say that my coverage would be cancelled by the 15th of May. I am just upset because no one had a problem taking payments from me each month and no one even explained that there might be a different route that I could do to be insured. I was told that I would have to find coverage elsewhere.

Upvote (0)

One of your agents knowingly bonded a convicted felon who did jail time for stealing over $20,000 from banks in Doylestown, PA. He did this even after we showed him her certified conviction papers from the County of Bucks. We have been told by your underwriters at State Farm that the bonding coverage is null and void because a convicted felon can't be bonded. I need a name and address of someone who can handle this so we can send the Certified Conviction papers from Bucks County to them so they can see for themselves.

Upvote (0)

This is not an accident complaint. My Mother passed away last Sept. 2014. I took the death certificate to her agent which is mine as well. I'm making payments on the truck she had at the time of her death. First Citizen bank has been notified. As long as I keep the insurance up-to-date and the payments, no problem. I have two statements form State Farm - one is Jan to July 2015 on the 2010 Toyota Tacoma truck which is for $488.06 Acct # 1302368227. Which states premium paid $488.03. Now the next statement same truck, same payment plan # and I owe $ 584.77 Jan to July 2015. Jan. I paid 193.41

Feb. I paid $201.52 March I paid $185.64 April I paid $185.64. Total of $766.21 as of April... I HAVE OVER PAID MY PREMIUM NOW WITH 3 MONTHS TO GO. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON.... If this is the way it is going to be, I'll take my 2015 Honda, 2010 Toyota, 2002 Pontiac, 1992 Mazda else where. This is no way a threat to State Farm, I know you probably don't need my business, but I can't afford your rates like this. Seems the only problem is the truck. I have contacted my agent Mark Rouse several times. He has done NOTHING to help me!!!!

Upvote (0)

I have had my townhome insurance with State Farm since 2004. I had some questions on my policy and coverage and was calling since 8:30 am this morning 4/20/2015 which the business card they open. They would not answer the phone and kept getting a recording. I decided to drive there and went about 10:15 a.m. The girl in the office was rude and defensive and lacked professionalism. Her attitude was not what I expected from a State Farm representative. She said I didn't have a policy according to her records, and that was incorrect. I finally told her I was going to go to another company and this was no way to run a business. As I was leaving, she yelled at me sarcastically saying "Have a nice day." I'll never ever do business with State Farm Insurance again and using social media to spread the word about this company. Buyer beware! The agency was Todd Adamson 3210 Hubbell Ave.Des Moines, IA. 50317-3750 Phone number 515-266-8888

Upvote (0)

In February, I met with my State Farm agent, Patrick, who works for the State Farm office in Bethel Park Pa. I asked Patrick to please change my payment date, and he wrote it down and said he would. When my payment for March was due I was expecting it to come out of my checking on my new date and instead it was still taken out of my checking account on my original date. I received notice from my bank that I was over drafted by $500, this was due to State Farm taking out my payment. When I called the State Farm Office, I explained what happened and I got an email from Patrick apologizing for this happening, and that he does remember me asking to change the date but he forgot. Then Patrick said he would be sending a gift card for the inconvenience and it has been over a month and I did not get the gift card. When I asked he said that the corporate office is slow in sending them.

I do not care about a gift card but because of the mistake made it has had a domino effect. Because the bank took their money from the mistake of my agent. I live paycheck to paycheck and that mistake has caused me great financial hardship. I am very unhappy with State Farm and I will be looking else where for car insurance. The same office caused my son, Connor Pope, an error on State Farms part. Connor paid his payment for the month of March, and it was directly taken out by State farm on March 26. Last week, my son got a letter saying his insurance has been cancelled because of nonpayment. I find that our agent is very incompetent.

I am asking that something be done to compensate for the mistake of State Farm. I am planning on letting others know of how this company does business.

Upvote (1)

I am totally disgusted with state farm ins. One of their insured hit my car over a month ago, yet I had to go trough 15 diferent people, who always gave me different answers. Not only did they not give me what my car was worth, but never paid me a dime for the damage done to my car by their insured...whom as per the police officer who filed a report, said that she should not be driving, due to her age and medical problems, and would refer the report to the chp for an evaluation. To treat a disabled veteran this way, well I only hope their CEO sleeps good at night. He must, probably make 20 million a year plus perks. All I have to do is read ALL THE COMPLAINTS against state farm ... huge complaints, I will tell all my friends never to use state farm and to look up the complaints.

Upvote (0)

I received a cancellation notice for my Homeowners insurance on April 13,2015 because I had 3 claims in 5 years. THAT IS WHY WE PAY INSURANCE! I have been with State Farm 30 years and this is how you treat your loyal customers? State Farm is going to lose a A LOT of customers!

Upvote (10)

They had an underwriter go through my insurance after a no fault recall accident. And fix my accident and to their advantage cancelled me they put tire damage as four separate claims and hail damage as collision. I had a home a business two vehicles and a motorcycle w them plz look at my file or I will file a claim w board of insurance immediately!

Upvote (0)

I contacted my agent Rodney Stevenson in or around Dec that I was going to purchase a used car and keep it at my sons house because of space issues at my town house. Having 2 street rod an Acura & new Ford. This was told to my agent before I purchased the Chevy Traverse. They quoted me $117.25 for the insurance. I also told them I was sure my son & daughter in Law would be using the car. I purchased the Chevy and when my statement came in I was Billed $194.19. I have been in constant contact with this office and Mr Stevenson refuses to return my call and his office is no help. Any help you can be would be grateful!

Upvote (0)

I have been a customer of State Farm all my life since I arrived to the United States 39 yrs. ago. I lived in Bloomington, Illinois as I understand the house of the company and at that time I went with the business close to home. I have stayed with it while I moved around the country. When I moved to Nashville, Dr. Rena Elzy introduced me to you as recommended to continue with State Farm and your office in GreenHills. The reason to write you this email is to ask what would it take for State Farm to replace the roof of my house. I have requested evaluations after rough weather and that I noticed leaks in some places as well as missing pieces at the end of the roof.

These companies indicate that there is a need to change the roof but when I requested the person from State Farm to come they have told me I have to pay to repair some problems and that the roof is in good condition and it will be for more years. I have been living in this house for 15 years and on the prior one for three. I know the roof companies are in business to make money, but how is it that there is so much discrepancy in their evaluations? I have talked to a lot of my friends and neighbors whose roof has been changed due to the same issues I am having, but of course, they have other insurance companies and I guess they are not hispanic. I have insurance for the house, and two cars with State Farm and we are very safe drivers. I have only requested payment for a problem with possums in the crawl space, other than that nothing has been claim on this house.

Upvote (0)

At 9:01am March 19, 2015 I called State Farm Las Vegas Agent and notified them I was requesting immediate cancellation of my policy and cessation of automatic payment plan. The agent confirmed my request and asked that I have new insurance provider verify coverage. Which I did. On March 22, 2015 when I had not heard I called again and ask status of stopping automatic payment withdraw from my Bank. Person I talked to said info from new provider had been received but no action had been taken at that point. I consider this poor business practice. On April 1, 2015 in checking my online bank account found State Farm had process a payment withdraw even though my policy was cancelled.

Upvote (0)

I just started my insurance policy with state farm, now last night I almost lost my life I was diving home when a man just started shooting at m car randomly so I am not hurt but my car is and I am covered fully by state farm at least that is what I thought I was paying 256.00 a month for so I contacted state farm, and state farm is telling me that they cant find my policy information and that I am not covered at he moment but they have my money the rep. she was so untrained and disrespectful, unprofessional when I was asking him to explain to me how Its OK for them to take my 256.00 and now when I am in a dieing emergency I cant get help he got frustrated and hung up on me very unprofessional and iv been thru so much I really don't appreciate how he suppose to be there to answer all my question and help me as best he can and that didn't happen very rude and hes not he only one there was one other lady before him just as unprofessional as he was I would appreciate it very much if someone can give me call and take care of my issues please!

Upvote (0)

Filed a claim for foundation problems. First, problem some how it was reported i had roots growing in my plumbing system, which I never reported. Secondly, I was transferred to several different claim adjusters. Finally, ended up with Felipe Farias. He was rude to me and used racial slurs towards. I knew then I was in trouble. Then they hire quarter moon to do an inspection on my plumbing. They found evidence of leakage but no roots in the lines. So , they hired Oscar from Lara engineering firm to do a study. Now, I have no copy of any of these reports or studies.

Based on what Rene in the team office is telling me because Felipe or his supervisor will not talk to me. Informed the engineer felt it was no due to the leakage but something to do with foundation movement. How much leakage can cause a foundation to become bad? i don't think the engineer reason are not valid. He is hired paid gun by the company. He is not going to right a report in my favor, because i didn't pay his bill and haven't paid his bill. Felipe is prejudice and in good standing with the engineer conflict of issue.

Upvote (0)

The whole experience started off on the wrong foot. Once liability was established, the claims reps became very rude and disrespectful to me. I am the victim, their client ran into my car. They started off lying to the repair shop-adjuster did not leave a copy of their estimated damages. Once repairs were made, check for their estimate was sent to body shop ($322.15) less than body shop estimate. Since then, communication barriers were in place....shop waiting on payment-State Farm requesting itemized bill----shop won't release car until payment received----State Farm won't release supplemental payment until request is received.

This back and forth went on for several weeks until I was tired of the stress, and told the body shop I would pay them---my car was released on Mon. Feb. 9, 2015 from Owner because I told him I would pay money---On Monday, Feb 9, 2015, Hertz charged me $137.92 for weekend---State Farm denied payment because they said my car was ready and I choose not to pick it up- Repair person-Cedric told them I could pick up Friday---Owner-Maurice refused. State Farm chose to use Cedric's word over Owner-Maurice----as of today, M & M has not received final payment despite the Owner submitting supplemental on Friday 2/6/15. Throughout this ordeal, I have been disrespected, talked over, lied to, and treated with the up-most insensitivity!

This whole process has caused a lot of stress, missed opportunity of resources, and mental anguish! I was the victim. I am sure, if I had hired an Attorney, this claim would have been treated much differently, and certainly with respect. I feel that because I am non-white and the body shop owner is also non-white, State Farm Claims Reps reflected racial bias when dealing with this claim, making unfair decisions, disrespectful tones, and refusal to pay, all because of their racially motivated actions. To get this complaint resolved, I would like to be reimbursed for the amount of $137.92; M & M Body shop to be paid their remaining balance due of $322.15; and A check to me in the amount of $2,000.00 for mental anguish, pain and suffering due to the inadequate treatment, loss of campaign resources, and emotional stress obtained from claim number: 25-585V-096.

Upvote (0)

I bought a new car and the dealer called state farm for coverage. They said that the car cannot be released from dealer in Michigan without insurance. So the dealer released car to me after the contact with state farm therefore car had to have insurance. Guess what 30 days later I had accident and called state farm was issued a claim number. I sent the car to be repaired and state farm refused. They began stating no insurance was present on the vehicle. That's not possible in a new car in Michigan by law. When it's bought it cannot be released to new owner without insurance!

Upvote (0)

North Carolina has an aggressive Rate Bureau, which keeps competition and rates happy. State Farm has, over the last few years, steadily increased homeowners' premiums. As of this year, having never filed a claim, I now am going to cross the legal premium limit amount by $1. To do that, they force policyholders to sign a "Consent to Rate" form. Once signed, they can then charge up to 250% of the original limit, for all time.

Upvote (4)

On 12-13-14 my vehicle was hit and totaled by a State Farm insured. I called them on 12-15-14 and was told they needed my vehicle taken to shop which we did. The shop then assessed the damage and said it was a complete loss. I called State Farm again and was given a settlement figure which I accepted. The next day State Farm sent IAA out of Kentucky to pick up my vehicle. This was approximately 2 weeks after accident. Not sure b/c I wasn't notified. I went to get my tags and it was gone. I have called and talked to everyone except the claims rep who never answers her calls or returns them. I have been told that the PO Box was not a valid address and it was returned (my power bill goes there with no problem) So I gave them my second home address and they said it was being sent out that day, it never came. Then I was told on 1-20-15 that it was overnighted on the 16th. Long night b/c it still didn't come and when I called on 1-21-15 that it was sent out today, when I got mad I was told let me call you back after I make sure, then when I got the call it is being sent out today. So who knows? The point of this is that I have been without 4x4 since 12-13-14. They have my car but not the title.

Upvote (17)

Customer Service is subpar with this office, Lauren used to be hands on, that has changed. They leave nasty phone messages. So I finally sought out another Insurance Company, I am saving quite a bit of money now, all I can say is thanks to them for having me shop around, they did me a favor. I was left another nasty message after they received notice from my new Insurance company saying they had planned to drop me anyway. I plan on spreading the word about State Farm to everyone that will listen to me, and I can assure you I know a lot of people. It was fun while it lasted, bye bye.

Upvote (1)

I would like to state that State Farm has changed the way they have always done business and want to report a change in the way they handle a customer. For one I have home and auto with them and have for the last 25 years. Recently we have had major increases and lack of customer service. While in the past we dealt with our local agent on all issues we now find ourselves talking to a phone and the agent does nothing but call us if payment is due. We no longer talk to our agent and it appears the body shop who always has taken care of us is no longer on that we do business with list. It is someone else that is brand new to our neighborhood. While in the past it was easy to get something done today it seems to take an extra five days or so and with less customer service.

We had to spend extra time for a claims specialist that estimated (guesstemated) the repairs and still got that wrong by the tune of our deductible. $500. We just find that the day has gone past for what we are paying for. We pay more for less and get way less than what we deserve. I find that this method they use is corrupt and out of the customers hands. They write us a check and that makes everything okay and legit. Well I am sorry to say that my complaint is that I as the paying customer did not get the best deal or had the opportunity to save any money. The check was written to us, not the body shop where the estimate was given , to us. We did not have any say if we agreed to the amount. It just so happens that the final bill comes to the exact amount of $500 to us. Our deductible.

I am calling fraud here and that I did not get the chance to reduce the bill and save even more money. State Farm is practicing in a way that suits them and the way they want to call the shots. It is almost like medical insurance where insurance really is not saving anything but getting the deal they want to pay for. What about me? Don’t I have a say or do I just have to accept what they say is the truth and move on? I ask you, when does the consumer have anything to say the way the company they hired to do what the customer who hired them wants, not the other way. But I feel I have been mis-lead, not informed and totally abused and treated as mindless consumer who doesn’t need or have a choice.

Upvote (0)

Our old agent, Kirk Geiger, left the business. He wrote to us and told us our new agent’s name and number over 4 months ago. We never got a letter from the new agent welcoming us or anything. Not a post card. Not a phone call. Not a hi-ho silver announcing his acquiring our policy. Now we get a standard form invoice in the mail from this guy. And again, not a word about “Hi. My name is Chris Jones ….” Not squat! If your agent’s don’t appreciate their clients then they should not be in the business. And as a result, if we ever think about switching our car, homeowners and umbrella policy we will probably not consider State Farm. We want somebody who appreciates what they are handed gratis free with no effort on their part to originate the policy!

Upvote (0)

Me too this happened to me!! My x husbands attorney did this to see how much I am worth and we are in litigation! Now I feel like my x husband is going to try to hire a hit man based on the court action he is facing. Funny because my law firm who is representing me showed me this!!! Now if State Farm didn’t do this then “WHO” does my x husbands attorney know who washed hands with State Farm!!! Something is up here. This needs to stop!!!

Upvote (0)

I would like to let others know about my experience with Jared Swank’s State Farm Insurance in Olmsted Falls. Shortly after I purchased my home in Berea (2006), a neighbor named Gary ran from across the street over to my house. Gary is an employee of Jared Swank’s office. During a conversation, Gary said to me ‘When you first moved in, I scanned your name to see who you had your insurance with. I noticed you were already with State Farm’.

At the time, I did not do anything about it, however, I was FURIOUS. Several months ago, I was reviewing my credit report. I noticed that State Farm Insurance reviewed my credit report through Lexis/Nexis. I was concerned AGAIN so I contacted Jared Swank’s office. Jared, himself, advised me that ‘State Farm will NEVER view your credit report’. He assured me of nothing.

Needless to say, I have filed civil rights complaints through Lexis/Nexis, State Farm Insurance and the Office of the Attorney General. It became obvious to me that Jared was WRONG, as Lexis/Nexis called me to tell me that Jared told (the employee of Lexis/Nexis) that I gave State Farm the authority to look my information up as a consumer of State Farm Insurance.

Upvote (0)

I’m glad to see a newspaper that wants to know how the insurance companies have treated it’s customers through the storm. I’m giving you very general information right now, but I can be more specific if you call me. My experience was not too great. I have business insurance with State Farm to cover equipment, liability, accidents, and loss of business due to acts of nature, fire, etc. I called and was told a claims adjuster would call. Never happened. I call my agent no return call. Finally I saw and agent taking photos of what use to be a building that I rented as a clinic. I was directed to a State Farm victims claim tent (in Gardendale) a week after the storm.

They quickly entered my damages, gave me a claim number and a check for $2000 as quick and partial reimbursement. But after that it was a few weeks before the adjuster called and quickly started finding reasons they would not cover. Everyday he would call saying “I’m not sure if it is covered, I will check and get back”. I finally got my agent to return a call and talk with him. I was only claiming about $5k worth of medical equipment out of about $20k that could have been reported, but I got it repaired or had replacements for and did not pass on to insurance.

Additionally, I was closed 5 weeks and had coverage for loss of business. They stated some stipulation in the policy about location and how long my equipment could be at the clinic before coverage was no longer available (90days). I loss about $10k in business for that month and my insurance policy is suppose to cover up to 12 months, yet they paid nothing and sent me a survey asking if I’m satisfied. If you need more info on this or plan to write a story on it. Let me know I will be happy to show how they did a customer that pays on-time every month. I’m pending loosing my business right now as result of “NO COVERAGE”.

Upvote (0)

I was in a car accident I was not at fault. The other driver claimed fault and the police report faulted her. We both have State Farm insurance. I went to the ER that day with chest and neck pain. Followed up with my family doctor because the neck pain didn’t go away after a few days.You could actually see the material lines from the seatbelt in my bruise. I did take pictures. This car wreck has ruined everything. My car was a total loss and State Farm was very fair on their offer concerning that. Well, State Farm called me yesterday and offered me $1000 for my bodily injury/pain and suffering. Are they serious? That is ridiculous.

I had state farm for almost 40 years. No complaint. Then 3 years ago they almost doubled my homeowners… Dwight tried to tell me that these were previous charges that they held off because I was grandfathered but I know the reason is that I was grandfathered for hurricane insurance and state farm no longer wanted to pay for this therefore they were willing to get rid of a excellent customer that had only 3 small claims in 40 years. So when you advertise that you are so onderful and caring I want t go through the roof. I willnever recommend you and any time that I can I will tell people about how you trear your good customers!!!

Contact the State Farm Complaint Department