Customer Satisfaction Results

State Farm

Complaint Department

Filed by Deborah Miller on Jan 21, 2015
Consumer Rating

On 12-13-14 my vehicle was hit and totaled by a State Farm insured. I called them on 12-15-14 and was told they needed my vehicle taken to shop which we did. The shop then assessed the damage and said it was a complete loss. I called State Farm again and was given a settlement figure which I accepted. The next day State Farm sent IAA out of Kentucky to pick up my vehicle. This was approximately 2 weeks after accident. Not sure b/c I wasn't notified. I went to get my tags and it was gone. I have called and talked to everyone except the claims rep who never answers her calls or returns them. I have been told that the PO Box was not a valid address and it was returned (my power bill goes there with no problem) So I gave them my second home address and they said it was being sent out that day, it never came. Then I was told on 1-20-15 that it was overnighted on the 16th. Long night b/c it still didn't come and when I called on 1-21-15 that it was sent out today, when I got mad I was told let me call you back after I make sure, then when I got the call it is being sent out today. So who knows? The point of this is that I have been without 4x4 since 12-13-14. They have my car but not the title.

9 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about State Farm?

Compare State Farm to Similar Auto Insurance more...

State Farm Customer Feedback Trending Now

25 State Farm consumers have created complaints against State Farm to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free State Farm complaint form to share your review. Need to contact State Farm corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

One of your agents knowingly bonded a convicted felon who did jail time for stealing over $20,000 from banks in Doylestown, PA. He did this even after we showed him her certified conviction papers from the County of Bucks. We have been told by your underwriters at State Farm that the bonding coverage is null and void because a convicted felon can't be bonded. I need a name and address of someone who can handle this so we can send the Certified Conviction papers from Bucks County to them so they can see for themselves.

Consumer Rating

This is not an accident complaint. My Mother passed away last Sept. 2014. I took the death certificate to her agent which is mine as well. I'm making payments on the truck she had at the time of her death. First Citizen bank has been notified. As long as I keep the insurance up-to-date and the payments, no problem. I have two statements form State Farm - one is Jan to July 2015 on the 2010 Toyota Tacoma truck which is for $488.06 Acct # 1302368227. Which states premium paid $488.03. Now the next statement same truck, same payment plan # and I owe $ 584.77 Jan to July 2015. Jan. I paid 193.41

Feb. I paid $201.52 March I paid $185.64 April I paid $185.64. Total of $766.21 as of April... I HAVE OVER PAID MY PREMIUM NOW WITH 3 MONTHS TO GO. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON.... If this is the way it is going to be, I'll take my 2015 Honda, 2010 Toyota, 2002 Pontiac, 1992 Mazda else where. This is no way a threat to State Farm, I know you probably don't need my business, but I can't afford your rates like this. Seems the only problem is the truck. I have contacted my agent Mark Rouse several times. He has done NOTHING to help me!!!!

Consumer Rating

I have had my townhome insurance with State Farm since 2004. I had some questions on my policy and coverage and was calling since 8:30 am this morning 4/20/2015 which the business card they open. They would not answer the phone and kept getting a recording. I decided to drive there and went about 10:15 a.m. The girl in the office was rude and defensive and lacked professionalism. Her attitude was not what I expected from a State Farm representative. She said I didn't have a policy according to her records, and that was incorrect. I finally told her I was going to go to another company and this was no way to run a business. As I was leaving, she yelled at me sarcastically saying "Have a nice day." I'll never ever do business with State Farm Insurance again and using social media to spread the word about this company. Buyer beware! The agency was Todd Adamson 3210 Hubbell Ave.Des Moines, IA. 50317-3750 Phone number 515-266-8888

Consumer Rating

In February, I met with my State Farm agent, Patrick, who works for the State Farm office in Bethel Park Pa. I asked Patrick to please change my payment date, and he wrote it down and said he would. When my payment for March was due I was expecting it to come out of my checking on my new date and instead it was still taken out of my checking account on my original date. I received notice from my bank that I was over drafted by $500, this was due to State Farm taking out my payment. When I called the State Farm Office, I explained what happened and I got an email from Patrick apologizing for this happening, and that he does remember me asking to change the date but he forgot. Then Patrick said he would be sending a gift card for the inconvenience and it has been over a month and I did not get the gift card. When I asked he said that the corporate office is slow in sending them.

I do not care about a gift card but because of the mistake made it has had a domino effect. Because the bank took their money from the mistake of my agent. I live paycheck to paycheck and that mistake has caused me great financial hardship. I am very unhappy with State Farm and I will be looking else where for car insurance. The same office caused my son, Connor Pope, an error on State Farms part. Connor paid his payment for the month of March, and it was directly taken out by State farm on March 26. Last week, my son got a letter saying his insurance has been cancelled because of nonpayment. I find that our agent is very incompetent.

I am asking that something be done to compensate for the mistake of State Farm. I am planning on letting others know of how this company does business.

Consumer Rating

I am totally disgusted with state farm ins. One of their insured hit my car over a month ago, yet I had to go trough 15 diferent people, who always gave me different answers. Not only did they not give me what my car was worth, but never paid me a dime for the damage done to my car by their insured...whom as per the police officer who filed a report, said that she should not be driving, due to her age and medical problems, and would refer the report to the chp for an evaluation. To treat a disabled veteran this way, well I only hope their CEO sleeps good at night. He must, probably make 20 million a year plus perks. All I have to do is read ALL THE COMPLAINTS against state farm ... huge complaints, I will tell all my friends never to use state farm and to look up the complaints.

Consumer Rating

I received a cancellation notice for my Homeowners insurance on April 13,2015 because I had 3 claims in 5 years. THAT IS WHY WE PAY INSURANCE! I have been with State Farm 30 years and this is how you treat your loyal customers? State Farm is going to lose a A LOT of customers!

2 customers agree with this feedback

Consumer Rating

They had an underwriter go through my insurance after a no fault recall accident. And fix my accident and to their advantage cancelled me they put tire damage as four separate claims and hail damage as collision. I had a home a business two vehicles and a motorcycle w them plz look at my file or I will file a claim w board of insurance immediately!

Consumer Rating

I contacted my agent Rodney Stevenson in or around Dec that I was going to purchase a used car and keep it at my sons house because of space issues at my town house. Having 2 street rod an Acura & new Ford. This was told to my agent before I purchased the Chevy Traverse. They quoted me $117.25 for the insurance. I also told them I was sure my son & daughter in Law would be using the car. I purchased the Chevy and when my statement came in I was Billed $194.19. I have been in constant contact with this office and Mr Stevenson refuses to return my call and his office is no help. Any help you can be would be grateful!

Consumer Rating

I sent this message to the agent where I have my insurance and I have not received an answer.
Please advise what do I need to do.
You can contact me at arueda49@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Ana I. Rueda-Garcia

To: lester.mcclain.gxoh@statefarm.com

Subject: Questions
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:46:06 -0500

Dear Mr. McClain,
I have been a customer of State Farm all my life since I arrived to the United States 39 yrs. ago. I lived in Bloomington, Illinois as I understand the house of the company and at that time I went with the business close to home. I have stayed with it while I moved around the country.
When I moved to Nashville, Dr. Rena Elzy introduced me to you as recommended to continue with State Farm and your office in GreenHills.
The reason to write you this email is to ask what would it take for State Farm to replace the roof of my house. I have requested evaluations after rough weather and that I noticed leaks in some places as well as missing pieces at the end of the roof. These companies indicate that there is a need to change the roof but when I requested the person from State Farm to come they have told me I have to pay to repair some problems and that the roof is in good condition and it will be for more years. I have been living in this house for 15 years and on the prior one for three. I know the roof companies are in business to make money, but how is it that there is so much discrepancy in their evaluations? I have talked to a lot of my friends/neighbors whose roof has been changed due to the same issues I am having, but of course, they have other insurance companies and I guess they are not hispanic.
I have insurance for the house, and two cars with State Farm and we are very safe drivers. I have only requested payment for a problem with possums in the crawl space, other than that nothing has been claim on this house.
Mr. McClain, I respectfully request your evaluation of this issue because I still want to continue doing business with the company you represent.
Sincerely yours,
Ana I. Rueda-Garcia,

Consumer Rating

At 9:01am March 19, 2015 I called State Farm Las Vegas Agent and notified them I was requesting immediate cancellation of my policy and cessation of automatic payment plan. The agent confirmed my request and asked that I have new insurance provider verify coverage. Which I did. On March 22, 2015 when I had not heard I called again and ask status of stopping automatic payment withdraw from my Bank. Person I talked to said info from new provider had been received but no action had been taken at that point. I consider this poor business practice. On April 1, 2015 in checking my online bank account found State Farm had process a payment withdraw even though my policy was cancelled.

Consumer Rating

I just started my insurance policy with state farm, now last night I almost lost my life I was diving home when a man just started shooting at m car randomly so I am not hurt but my car is and I am covered fully by state farm at least that is what I thought I was paying 256.00 a month for so I contacted state farm, and state farm is telling me that they cant find my policy information and that I am not covered at he moment but they have my money the rep. she was so untrained and disrespectful, unprofessional when I was asking him to explain to me how Its OK for them to take my 256.00 and now when I am in a dieing emergency I cant get help he got frustrated and hung up on me very unprofessional and iv been thru so much I really don't appreciate how he suppose to be there to answer all my question and help me as best he can and that didn't happen very rude and hes not he only one there was one other lady before him just as unprofessional as he was I would appreciate it very much if someone can give me call and take care of my issues please!

Consumer Rating

Filed an claim for Foundation problems. First, problem some how it was reported i had roots growing in my plumbing system, which I never reported. Secondly, I was transferred to several different claim adjusters. finally, ended up with Felipe Farias. He was rude to me and used racial slurs towards. I knew then I was in trouble. Then they hire quarter moon to do an inspection on my plumbing. They found evidence of leakage but no roots in the lines. So , they hired Oscar from Lara engineering firm to do a study. Now, I have no copy of any of these reports or studies. Based on what Rene in the Team office is telling me because Felipe or his supervisor will not talk to me. Informed the engineer felt it was no due to the leakage but something to do with Foundation movement. How much leakage can cause a foundation to become bad? i don't think the engineer reason are not valid. He is hired paid gun by the company. He is not going to right a report in my favor, because i didn't pay his bill and haven't paid his bill. Felipe is prejudice and in good standing with the engineer conflict of issue.

Consumer Rating

The whole experience started off on the wrong foot. Once liability was established, the claims reps became very rude and disrespectful to me. I am the victim, their client ran into my car. They started off lying to the repair shop-adjuster did not leave a copy of their estimated damages. Once repairs were made, check for their estimate was sent to body shop ($322.15) less than body shop estimate. Since then, communication barriers were in place....shop waiting on payment-State Farm requesting itemized bill----shop won't release car until payment received----State Farm won't release supplemental payment until request is received.

This back and forth went on for several weeks until I was tired of the stress, and told the body shop I would pay them---my car was released on Mon. Feb. 9, 2015 from Owner because I told him I would pay money---On Monday, Feb 9, 2015, Hertz charged me $137.92 for weekend---State Farm denied payment because they said my car was ready and I choose not to pick it up- Repair person-Cedric told them I could pick up Friday---Owner-Maurice refused. State Farm chose to use Cedric's word over Owner-Maurice----as of today, M & M has not received final payment despite the Owner submitting supplemental on Friday 2/6/15. Throughout this ordeal, I have been disrespected, talked over, lied to, and treated with the up-most insensitivity!

This whole process has caused a lot of stress, missed opportunity of resources, and mental anguish! I was the victim. I am sure, if I had hired an Attorney, this claim would have been treated much differently, and certainly with respect. I feel that because I am non-white and the body shop owner is also non-white, State Farm Claims Reps reflected racial bias when dealing with this claim, making unfair decisions, disrespectful tones, and refusal to pay, all because of their racially motivated actions. To get this complaint resolved, I would like to be reimbursed for the amount of $137.92; M & M Body shop to be paid their remaining balance due of $322.15; and A check to me in the amount of $2,000.00 for mental anguish, pain and suffering due to the inadequate treatment, loss of campaign resources, and emotional stress obtained from claim number: 25-585V-096.

Consumer Rating

I bought a new car and the dealer called state farm for coverage. They said that the car cannot be released from dealer in Michigan without insurance. So the dealer released car to me after the contact with state farm therefore car had to have insurance. Guess what 30 days later I had accident and called state farm was issued a claim number. I sent the car to be repaired and state farm refused. They began stating no insurance was present on the vehicle. That's not possible in a new car in Michigan by law. When it's bought it cannot be released to new owner without insurance!

Consumer Rating

North Carolina has an aggressive Rate Bureau, which keeps competition and rates happy. State Farm has, over the last few years, steadily increased homeowners' premiums. As of this year, having never filed a claim, I now am going to cross the legal premium limit amount by $1. To do that, they force policyholders to sign a "Consent to Rate" form. Once signed, they can then charge up to 250% of the original limit, for all time.

3 customers agree with this feedback

9 customers agree with this feedback

Dear All,

Today I receive a phone call where I have been invoiced for $1000 because I have no insurance !
I am not sure if I am slow or not clever enough, but to the best of my knowledge this issue was resolved not ?

Best Regards

From: Courtney Barnette [mailto:courtney.barnette@myfscu.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:42 AM
To: Anton Pretorius, culm 3208, PLANT NA
Subject: RE: Insurance Information

All the information is correct. Thank you.

Courtney Barnette | Call Center Representative

Family Security Credit Union
2204 Family Security Place, SW | Decatur,AL 35603
(F) 256-306-0013 | (P) 256-340-2000
courtney.barnette@myfscu.com
www.myfscu.com

This E-mail and attachments are intended for designated recipients. If you are not the addressee or addressee’s agent, notify administrator@myfscu.com and destroy all copies. If you obtained this via electronic eavesdropping, you violated the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. Disclosure, duplication, distribution or actions taken in reliance on contents herein is prohibited without explicit consent of Family Security Credit Union.

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

From: Anton Pretorius, culm 3208, PLANT NA
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:20 AM
To: ‘courtney.barnette@myfscu.com
Cc: ‘Amanda McCullough’
Subject: Insurance Information
Importance: High

Dear Courtney,

Kindly please confirm if this is the requested information ?

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any additional information.

For clarification please : > The document received from FSCU States Final Notice

I have received a letter a long time ago and then Ms. Mc McCullough provided FSCU with the requested information, why would I receive this document stating Final Notice ?

Best Regards

: Anton.Pretorius@REHAU.com

Please visit: http://www.rehau.co.za

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail . 

Consumer Rating

Customer Service is subpar with this office, Lauren used to be hands on, that has changed. They leave nasty phone messages. So I finally sought out another Insurance Company, I am saving quite a bit of money now, all I can say is thanks to them for having me shop around, they did me a favor. I was left another nasty message after they received notice from my new Insurance company saying they had planned to drop me anyway. I plan on spreading the word about State Farm to everyone that will listen to me, and I can assure you I know a lot of people. It was fun while it lasted, bye bye.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I would like to state that State Farm has changed the way they have always done business and want to report a change in the way they handle a customer. For one I have home and auto with them and have for the last 25 years. Recently we have had major increases and lack of customer service. While in the past we dealt with our local agent on all issues we now find ourselves talking to a phone and the agent does nothing but call us if payment is due. We no longer talk to our agent and it appears the body shop who always has taken care of us is no longer on that we do business with list. It is someone else that is brand new to our neighborhood. While in the past it was easy to get something done today it seems to take an extra five days or so and with less customer service. We had to spend extra time for a claims specialist that estimated (guesstemated) the repairs and still got that wrong by the tune of our deductible. $500. We just find that the day has gone past for what we are paying for. We pay more for less and get way less than what we deserve. I find that this method they use is corrupt and out of the customers hands. They write us a check and that makes everything okay and legit. Well I am sorry to say that my complaint is that I as the paying customer did not get the best deal or had the opportunity to save any money. The check was written to us, not the body shop where the estimate was given , to us. We did not have any say if we agreed to the amount. It just so happens that the final bill comes to the exact amount of $500 to us. Our deductible. .I am calling fraud here and that I did not get the chance to reduce the bill and save even more money. State Farm is practicing in a way that suits them and the way they want to call the shots. It is almost like medical insurance where insurance really is not saving anything but getting the deal they want to pay for. What about me? Don’t I have a say or do I just have to accept what they say is the truth and move on? I ask you, when does the consumer have anything to say the way the company they hired to do what the customer who hired them wants, not the other way. But I feel I have been mis-lead, not informed and totally abused and treated as mindless consumer who doesn’t need or have a choice.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Scott Kelley on 03/12/2014 at IP address 24.247.224.214 using our State Farm complaint form. This opinions contained in this State Farm customer review titled, “Customer Service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Consumer Rating

Our old agent, Kirk Geiger, left the business. He wrote to us and told us our new agent’s name and number over 4 months ago. We never got a letter from the new agent welcoming us or anything. Not a post card. Not a phone call. Not a hi-ho silver announcing his acquiring our policy. Now we get a standard form invoice in the mail from this guy. And again, not a word about “Hi. My name is Chris Jones ….”

Not squat! If your agent’s don’t appreciate their clients then they should not be in the business. And as a result, if we ever think about switching our car, homeowners and umbrella policy we will probably not consider State Farm. We want somebody who appreciates what they are handed gratis free with no effort on their part to originate the policy!!!!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Randy Hughes on 03/10/2014 at IP address 71.61.206.113 using our Your Agent’s attention to customers complaint form. This opinions contained in this Your Agent’s attention to customers customer review titled, “Customers don’t matter” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Contact the State Farm Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to State Farm. What is their corporate mailing address?

• One State Farm Plaza
    • Bloomington
    • IL 61710
  • I want to call the State Farm customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

800-782-8332
  • I need to visit the State Farm company website. What is their website address?