Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Deborah Miller
Jan 21, 2015 - Shallotte, NC
Poor

On 12-13-14 my vehicle was hit and totaled by a State Farm insured. I called them on 12-15-14 and was told they needed my vehicle taken to shop which we did. The shop then assessed the damage and said it was a complete loss. I called State Farm again and was given a settlement figure which I accepted. The next day State Farm sent IAA out of Kentucky to pick up my vehicle. This was approximately 2 weeks after accident. Not sure b/c I wasn't notified. I went to get my tags and it was gone. I have called and talked to everyone except the claims rep who never answers her calls or returns them. I have been told that the PO Box was not a valid address and it was returned (my power bill goes there with no problem) So I gave them my second home address and they said it was being sent out that day, it never came. Then I was told on 1-20-15 that it was overnighted on the 16th. Long night b/c it still didn't come and when I called on 1-21-15 that it was sent out today, when I got mad I was told let me call you back after I make sure, then when I got the call it is being sent out today. So who knows? The point of this is that I have been without 4x4 since 12-13-14. They have my car but not the title.

Have you had problems with State Farm?

Compare State Farm to Similar Auto Insurance more...

Top 30 Reviews about State Farm

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a State Farm customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Bad

I was involved in an accident last year, where I was ran off the road. It was the other driver's fault. My car flew through the air over 10 feet and landed in a ditch approximately eight feet below the street. I was driving a 2014 Infiniti convertible. State Farm did a poor job assessing the vehicle and never asked about the accident.

Instead of totaling it out, they paid 28K in repairs after it was in the shop for four months. Since then, it has been in the shop for over a month because a bracket that raises and lowers the top was warped, which brought the total to 31K. I think the car is unsafe to drive because the seat moves at the frame and knocks on turns above 15 mph. I am terrified it will rip out if I got into the smallest accident. Infiniti has had trouble getting them to respond, so I finally got involved and it is supposed to get looked at next week.

Long story short, the adjuster's customer service and response time has been atrocious. But even worse, his failure to properly check out the vehicle in the first place is going to cost State Farm a small fortune becuase in the end, they will have paid over 80K for a 50K vehicle and will lose a 21 year faithful customer.

Horrible

State Farm Insurance Murfreeboro, Tennessee will start deducting money from employees paid check per State Farm survey.

In 2014 Murfreeboro, Tennessee, State Farm Insurance Headquarters’s did a survey and decided that their employees where being paid more money than the national average. In the past, this was a company who encourage the employees to get their licenses, etc to exceed and climb corporate ladder.

Starting August 2015 employees paid checks will see the first deduction over the survey amounts.

Example:
If the Level before survey paid 25,000.00 and then survey said it should be 20,000.00. There is a 5,000.00 difference. In 2015, 2,500.00 would be recalculated from pay check and employee would receive 22,500.00 per 2015. Then in 2016 the next 2,500.00 would be recalculated, leaving the employee making 20,000.00 per year instead of original 25,000.00 per year.

1. Is this illegal? It is morally illegal.
2. State Farm is not dealing fairly with their policy holders or customers, now they are targeting their employees.
3. Is this just in Murfreeboro or is this nation wide? Time for a investigator reporter.
4. How much did the survey cost? More or less than taking money from employees?
5. Please do not say for employees to start looking for another job. How about State Farm doing the right thing and not take employees hard earn money.

How would you feel if your company took money away from you that you had work hard to achieve for you and your family? How would you feel if you transfer from other state to the Murfreeboro location and now getting a pay decrease? Would you help State Farm customers to the best of your ability, after the company put the screws to you? This is a lot to think about Dear Customers of State Farm. If you thought things were bad before, good luck future.

Horrible

I called and canceled my policy because I switched to a different insurance company. Two days later, they pulled funds from my account for another month for which I received a $25.00 NSF fee. Then, a week later, they pulled the payment again. When I contacted my local office again they then informed me that they would put in a refund request but I would still have to pay for the week of coverage due to my payment date being a week after my coverage date that no one informed me of. So now I am out $25.00 NSF fee and $30.00 for coverage I didn't need because I was already covered by my other insurance company. I would appreciate getting my money back.

Horrible

Called them to ask if my daughter's truck could be insured under my policy. I specified that the truck was registered out of state. I was told they could do it as long as it she was listed as an occasional driver. So I renewed the plates spending about $100. Called to start the insurance and was then told they couldn't do it. The agent then became extremely rude! Time to drop these idiots!

Bad

I had purchased home insurance with State Farm Insurance about 6 years ago. The home was my mother's home and I lived with and cared for my mother, she has since passed. When I purchased the policy from Chris Gaudet in Lake Charles, La, I went to the office without my mother, I had the payments automatically withdrawn from my checking account each month and there was no problem. Someone from the company recently called me to ask about putting my auto insurance and home insurance together and at that time I did explain that the home was not in my name but my mother's and she had passed. Now there is some settlement damage on the rear of the home, I called and sent a photo to the agent to see what I need to do to repair this and was told that I need to get a contractor to give me an estimate (no referrals given). Before I could get someone out to look at the damage I receive a call from the agent to say that my coverage would be cancelled by the 15th of May. I am just upset because no one had a problem taking payments from me each month and no one even explained that there might be a different route that I could do to be insured. I was told that I would have to find coverage elsewhere.

Horrible

One of your agents knowingly bonded a convicted felon who did jail time for stealing over $20,000 from banks in Doylestown, PA. He did this even after we showed him her certified conviction papers from the County of Bucks. We have been told by your underwriters at State Farm that the bonding coverage is null and void because a convicted felon can't be bonded. I need a name and address of someone who can handle this so we can send the Certified Conviction papers from Bucks County to them so they can see for themselves.

Poor

This is not an accident complaint. My Mother passed away last Sept. 2014. I took the death certificate to her agent which is mine as well. I'm making payments on the truck she had at the time of her death. First Citizen bank has been notified. As long as I keep the insurance up-to-date and the payments, no problem. I have two statements form State Farm - one is Jan to July 2015 on the 2010 Toyota Tacoma truck which is for $488.06 Acct # 1302368227. Which states premium paid $488.03. Now the next statement same truck, same payment plan # and I owe $ 584.77 Jan to July 2015. Jan. I paid 193.41

Feb. I paid $201.52 March I paid $185.64 April I paid $185.64. Total of $766.21 as of April... I HAVE OVER PAID MY PREMIUM NOW WITH 3 MONTHS TO GO. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON.... If this is the way it is going to be, I'll take my 2015 Honda, 2010 Toyota, 2002 Pontiac, 1992 Mazda else where. This is no way a threat to State Farm, I know you probably don't need my business, but I can't afford your rates like this. Seems the only problem is the truck. I have contacted my agent Mark Rouse several times. He has done NOTHING to help me!!!!

Horrible

I have had my townhome insurance with State Farm since 2004. I had some questions on my policy and coverage and was calling since 8:30 am this morning 4/20/2015 which the business card they open. They would not answer the phone and kept getting a recording. I decided to drive there and went about 10:15 a.m. The girl in the office was rude and defensive and lacked professionalism. Her attitude was not what I expected from a State Farm representative. She said I didn't have a policy according to her records, and that was incorrect. I finally told her I was going to go to another company and this was no way to run a business. As I was leaving, she yelled at me sarcastically saying "Have a nice day." I'll never ever do business with State Farm Insurance again and using social media to spread the word about this company. Buyer beware! The agency was Todd Adamson 3210 Hubbell Ave.Des Moines, IA. 50317-3750 Phone number 515-266-8888

Bad

In February, I met with my State Farm agent, Patrick, who works for the State Farm office in Bethel Park Pa. I asked Patrick to please change my payment date, and he wrote it down and said he would. When my payment for March was due I was expecting it to come out of my checking on my new date and instead it was still taken out of my checking account on my original date. I received notice from my bank that I was over drafted by $500, this was due to State Farm taking out my payment. When I called the State Farm Office, I explained what happened and I got an email from Patrick apologizing for this happening, and that he does remember me asking to change the date but he forgot. Then Patrick said he would be sending a gift card for the inconvenience and it has been over a month and I did not get the gift card. When I asked he said that the corporate office is slow in sending them.

I do not care about a gift card but because of the mistake made it has had a domino effect. Because the bank took their money from the mistake of my agent. I live paycheck to paycheck and that mistake has caused me great financial hardship. I am very unhappy with State Farm and I will be looking else where for car insurance. The same office caused my son, Connor Pope, an error on State Farms part. Connor paid his payment for the month of March, and it was directly taken out by State farm on March 26. Last week, my son got a letter saying his insurance has been cancelled because of nonpayment. I find that our agent is very incompetent.

I am asking that something be done to compensate for the mistake of State Farm. I am planning on letting others know of how this company does business.

Horrible

I am totally disgusted with state farm ins. One of their insured hit my car over a month ago, yet I had to go trough 15 diferent people, who always gave me different answers. Not only did they not give me what my car was worth, but never paid me a dime for the damage done to my car by their insured...whom as per the police officer who filed a report, said that she should not be driving, due to her age and medical problems, and would refer the report to the chp for an evaluation. To treat a disabled veteran this way, well I only hope their CEO sleeps good at night. He must, probably make 20 million a year plus perks. All I have to do is read ALL THE COMPLAINTS against state farm ... huge complaints, I will tell all my friends never to use state farm and to look up the complaints.

Bad

I received a cancellation notice for my Homeowners insurance on April 13,2015 because I had 3 claims in 5 years. THAT IS WHY WE PAY INSURANCE! I have been with State Farm 30 years and this is how you treat your loyal customers? State Farm is going to lose a A LOT of customers!

Horrible

They had an underwriter go through my insurance after a no fault recall accident. And fix my accident and to their advantage cancelled me they put tire damage as four separate claims and hail damage as collision. I had a home a business two vehicles and a motorcycle w them plz look at my file or I will file a claim w board of insurance immediately!

Bad

I contacted my agent Rodney Stevenson in or around Dec that I was going to purchase a used car and keep it at my sons house because of space issues at my town house. Having 2 street rod an Acura & new Ford. This was told to my agent before I purchased the Chevy Traverse. They quoted me $117.25 for the insurance. I also told them I was sure my son & daughter in Law would be using the car. I purchased the Chevy and when my statement came in I was Billed $194.19. I have been in constant contact with this office and Mr Stevenson refuses to return my call and his office is no help. Any help you can be would be grateful!

Horrible

I sent this message to the agent where I have my insurance and I have not received an answer.
Please advise what do I need to do.
You can contact me at arueda49@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Ana I. Rueda-Garcia

To: lester.mcclain.gxoh@statefarm.com

Subject: Questions
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:46:06 -0500

Dear Mr. McClain,
I have been a customer of State Farm all my life since I arrived to the United States 39 yrs. ago. I lived in Bloomington, Illinois as I understand the house of the company and at that time I went with the business close to home. I have stayed with it while I moved around the country.
When I moved to Nashville, Dr. Rena Elzy introduced me to you as recommended to continue with State Farm and your office in GreenHills.
The reason to write you this email is to ask what would it take for State Farm to replace the roof of my house. I have requested evaluations after rough weather and that I noticed leaks in some places as well as missing pieces at the end of the roof. These companies indicate that there is a need to change the roof but when I requested the person from State Farm to come they have told me I have to pay to repair some problems and that the roof is in good condition and it will be for more years. I have been living in this house for 15 years and on the prior one for three. I know the roof companies are in business to make money, but how is it that there is so much discrepancy in their evaluations? I have talked to a lot of my friends/neighbors whose roof has been changed due to the same issues I am having, but of course, they have other insurance companies and I guess they are not hispanic.
I have insurance for the house, and two cars with State Farm and we are very safe drivers. I have only requested payment for a problem with possums in the crawl space, other than that nothing has been claim on this house.
Mr. McClain, I respectfully request your evaluation of this issue because I still want to continue doing business with the company you represent.
Sincerely yours,
Ana I. Rueda-Garcia,

Bad

At 9:01am March 19, 2015 I called State Farm Las Vegas Agent and notified them I was requesting immediate cancellation of my policy and cessation of automatic payment plan. The agent confirmed my request and asked that I have new insurance provider verify coverage. Which I did. On March 22, 2015 when I had not heard I called again and ask status of stopping automatic payment withdraw from my Bank. Person I talked to said info from new provider had been received but no action had been taken at that point. I consider this poor business practice. On April 1, 2015 in checking my online bank account found State Farm had process a payment withdraw even though my policy was cancelled.

Bad

I just started my insurance policy with state farm, now last night I almost lost my life I was diving home when a man just started shooting at m car randomly so I am not hurt but my car is and I am covered fully by state farm at least that is what I thought I was paying 256.00 a month for so I contacted state farm, and state farm is telling me that they cant find my policy information and that I am not covered at he moment but they have my money the rep. she was so untrained and disrespectful, unprofessional when I was asking him to explain to me how Its OK for them to take my 256.00 and now when I am in a dieing emergency I cant get help he got frustrated and hung up on me very unprofessional and iv been thru so much I really don't appreciate how he suppose to be there to answer all my question and help me as best he can and that didn't happen very rude and hes not he only one there was one other lady before him just as unprofessional as he was I would appreciate it very much if someone can give me call and take care of my issues please!

Bad

Filed an claim for Foundation problems. First, problem some how it was reported i had roots growing in my plumbing system, which I never reported. Secondly, I was transferred to several different claim adjusters. finally, ended up with Felipe Farias. He was rude to me and used racial slurs towards. I knew then I was in trouble. Then they hire quarter moon to do an inspection on my plumbing. They found evidence of leakage but no roots in the lines. So , they hired Oscar from Lara engineering firm to do a study. Now, I have no copy of any of these reports or studies. Based on what Rene in the Team office is telling me because Felipe or his supervisor will not talk to me. Informed the engineer felt it was no due to the leakage but something to do with Foundation movement. How much leakage can cause a foundation to become bad? i don't think the engineer reason are not valid. He is hired paid gun by the company. He is not going to right a report in my favor, because i didn't pay his bill and haven't paid his bill. Felipe is prejudice and in good standing with the engineer conflict of issue.

Bad

The whole experience started off on the wrong foot. Once liability was established, the claims reps became very rude and disrespectful to me. I am the victim, their client ran into my car. They started off lying to the repair shop-adjuster did not leave a copy of their estimated damages. Once repairs were made, check for their estimate was sent to body shop ($322.15) less than body shop estimate. Since then, communication barriers were in place....shop waiting on payment-State Farm requesting itemized bill----shop won't release car until payment received----State Farm won't release supplemental payment until request is received.

This back and forth went on for several weeks until I was tired of the stress, and told the body shop I would pay them---my car was released on Mon. Feb. 9, 2015 from Owner because I told him I would pay money---On Monday, Feb 9, 2015, Hertz charged me $137.92 for weekend---State Farm denied payment because they said my car was ready and I choose not to pick it up- Repair person-Cedric told them I could pick up Friday---Owner-Maurice refused. State Farm chose to use Cedric's word over Owner-Maurice----as of today, M & M has not received final payment despite the Owner submitting supplemental on Friday 2/6/15. Throughout this ordeal, I have been disrespected, talked over, lied to, and treated with the up-most insensitivity!

This whole process has caused a lot of stress, missed opportunity of resources, and mental anguish! I was the victim. I am sure, if I had hired an Attorney, this claim would have been treated much differently, and certainly with respect. I feel that because I am non-white and the body shop owner is also non-white, State Farm Claims Reps reflected racial bias when dealing with this claim, making unfair decisions, disrespectful tones, and refusal to pay, all because of their racially motivated actions. To get this complaint resolved, I would like to be reimbursed for the amount of $137.92; M & M Body shop to be paid their remaining balance due of $322.15; and A check to me in the amount of $2,000.00 for mental anguish, pain and suffering due to the inadequate treatment, loss of campaign resources, and emotional stress obtained from claim number: 25-585V-096.

Horrible

I bought a new car and the dealer called state farm for coverage. They said that the car cannot be released from dealer in Michigan without insurance. So the dealer released car to me after the contact with state farm therefore car had to have insurance. Guess what 30 days later I had accident and called state farm was issued a claim number. I sent the car to be repaired and state farm refused. They began stating no insurance was present on the vehicle. That's not possible in a new car in Michigan by law. When it's bought it cannot be released to new owner without insurance!

Bad

North Carolina has an aggressive Rate Bureau, which keeps competition and rates happy. State Farm has, over the last few years, steadily increased homeowners' premiums. As of this year, having never filed a claim, I now am going to cross the legal premium limit amount by $1. To do that, they force policyholders to sign a "Consent to Rate" form. Once signed, they can then charge up to 250% of the original limit, for all time.

Contact the State Farm Complaint Department