Customer Satisfaction Results

State Farm

Complaint Department

Filed by Deborah Miller on Jan 21, 2015
Consumer Rating

On 12-13-14 my vehicle was hit and totaled by a State Farm insured. I called them on 12-15-14 and was told they needed my vehicle taken to shop which we did. The shop then assessed the damage and said it was a complete loss. I called State Farm again and was given a settlement figure which I accepted. The next day State Farm sent IAA out of Kentucky to pick up my vehicle. This was approximately 2 weeks after accident. Not sure b/c I wasn't notified. I went to get my tags and it was gone. I have called and talked to everyone except the claims rep who never answers her calls or returns them. I have been told that the PO Box was not a valid address and it was returned (my power bill goes there with no problem) So I gave them my second home address and they said it was being sent out that day, it never came. Then I was told on 1-20-15 that it was overnighted on the 16th. Long night b/c it still didn't come and when I called on 1-21-15 that it was sent out today, when I got mad I was told let me call you back after I make sure, then when I got the call it is being sent out today. So who knows? The point of this is that I have been without 4x4 since 12-13-14. They have my car but not the title.

9 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about State Farm?

Compare State Farm to Similar Auto Insurance more...

State Farm Customer Feedback Trending Now

21 State Farm consumers have created complaints against State Farm to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free State Farm complaint form to share your review. Need to contact State Farm corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

I am totally disgusted with state farm ins. One of their insured hit my car over a month ago, yet I had to go trough 15 diferent people, who always gave me different answers. Not only did they not give me what my car was worth, but never paid me a dime for the damage done to my car by their insured...whom as per the police officer who filed a report, said that she should not be driving, due to her age and medical problems, and would refer the report to the chp for an evaluation. To treat a disabled veteran this way, well I only hope their CEO sleeps good at night. He must, probably make 20 million a year plus perks. All I have to do is read ALL THE COMPLAINTS against state farm ... huge complaints, I will tell all my friends never to use state farm and to look up the complaints.

Consumer Rating

I received a cancellation notice for my Homeowners insurance on April 13,2015 because I had 3 claims in 5 years. THAT IS WHY WE PAY INSURANCE! I have been with State Farm 30 years and this is how you treat your loyal customers? State Farm is going to lose a A LOT of customers!

Consumer Rating

They had an underwriter go through my insurance after a no fault recall accident. And fix my accident and to their advantage cancelled me they put tire damage as four separate claims and hail damage as collision. I had a home a business two vehicles and a motorcycle w them plz look at my file or I will file a claim w board of insurance immediately!

Consumer Rating

I contacted my agent Rodney Stevenson in or around Dec that I was going to purchase a used car and keep it at my sons house because of space issues at my town house. Having 2 street rod an Acura & new Ford. This was told to my agent before I purchased the Chevy Traverse. They quoted me $117.25 for the insurance. I also told them I was sure my son & daughter in Law would be using the car. I purchased the Chevy and when my statement came in I was Billed $194.19. I have been in constant contact with this office and Mr Stevenson refuses to return my call and his office is no help. Any help you can be would be grateful!

Consumer Rating

I sent this message to the agent where I have my insurance and I have not received an answer.
Please advise what do I need to do.
You can contact me at arueda49@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Ana I. Rueda-Garcia

To: lester.mcclain.gxoh@statefarm.com

Subject: Questions
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:46:06 -0500

Dear Mr. McClain,
I have been a customer of State Farm all my life since I arrived to the United States 39 yrs. ago. I lived in Bloomington, Illinois as I understand the house of the company and at that time I went with the business close to home. I have stayed with it while I moved around the country.
When I moved to Nashville, Dr. Rena Elzy introduced me to you as recommended to continue with State Farm and your office in GreenHills.
The reason to write you this email is to ask what would it take for State Farm to replace the roof of my house. I have requested evaluations after rough weather and that I noticed leaks in some places as well as missing pieces at the end of the roof. These companies indicate that there is a need to change the roof but when I requested the person from State Farm to come they have told me I have to pay to repair some problems and that the roof is in good condition and it will be for more years. I have been living in this house for 15 years and on the prior one for three. I know the roof companies are in business to make money, but how is it that there is so much discrepancy in their evaluations? I have talked to a lot of my friends/neighbors whose roof has been changed due to the same issues I am having, but of course, they have other insurance companies and I guess they are not hispanic.
I have insurance for the house, and two cars with State Farm and we are very safe drivers. I have only requested payment for a problem with possums in the crawl space, other than that nothing has been claim on this house.
Mr. McClain, I respectfully request your evaluation of this issue because I still want to continue doing business with the company you represent.
Sincerely yours,
Ana I. Rueda-Garcia,

Consumer Rating

At 9:01am March 19, 2015 I called State Farm Las Vegas Agent and notified them I was requesting immediate cancellation of my policy and cessation of automatic payment plan. The agent confirmed my request and asked that I have new insurance provider verify coverage. Which I did. On March 22, 2015 when I had not heard I called again and ask status of stopping automatic payment withdraw from my Bank. Person I talked to said info from new provider had been received but no action had been taken at that point. I consider this poor business practice. On April 1, 2015 in checking my online bank account found State Farm had process a payment withdraw even though my policy was cancelled.

Consumer Rating

I just started my insurance policy with state farm, now last night I almost lost my life I was diving home when a man just started shooting at m car randomly so I am not hurt but my car is and I am covered fully by state farm at least that is what I thought I was paying 256.00 a month for so I contacted state farm, and state farm is telling me that they cant find my policy information and that I am not covered at he moment but they have my money the rep. she was so untrained and disrespectful, unprofessional when I was asking him to explain to me how Its OK for them to take my 256.00 and now when I am in a dieing emergency I cant get help he got frustrated and hung up on me very unprofessional and iv been thru so much I really don't appreciate how he suppose to be there to answer all my question and help me as best he can and that didn't happen very rude and hes not he only one there was one other lady before him just as unprofessional as he was I would appreciate it very much if someone can give me call and take care of my issues please!

Consumer Rating

Filed an claim for Foundation problems. First, problem some how it was reported i had roots growing in my plumbing system, which I never reported. Secondly, I was transferred to several different claim adjusters. finally, ended up with Felipe Farias. He was rude to me and used racial slurs towards. I knew then I was in trouble. Then they hire quarter moon to do an inspection on my plumbing. They found evidence of leakage but no roots in the lines. So , they hired Oscar from Lara engineering firm to do a study. Now, I have no copy of any of these reports or studies. Based on what Rene in the Team office is telling me because Felipe or his supervisor will not talk to me. Informed the engineer felt it was no due to the leakage but something to do with Foundation movement. How much leakage can cause a foundation to become bad? i don't think the engineer reason are not valid. He is hired paid gun by the company. He is not going to right a report in my favor, because i didn't pay his bill and haven't paid his bill. Felipe is prejudice and in good standing with the engineer conflict of issue.

Consumer Rating

The whole experience started off on the wrong foot. Once liability was established, the claims reps became very rude and disrespectful to me. I am the victim, their client ran into my car. They started off lying to the repair shop-adjuster did not leave a copy of their estimated damages. Once repairs were made, check for their estimate was sent to body shop ($322.15) less than body shop estimate. Since then, communication barriers were in place....shop waiting on payment-State Farm requesting itemized bill----shop won't release car until payment received----State Farm won't release supplemental payment until request is received.

This back and forth went on for several weeks until I was tired of the stress, and told the body shop I would pay them---my car was released on Mon. Feb. 9, 2015 from Owner because I told him I would pay money---On Monday, Feb 9, 2015, Hertz charged me $137.92 for weekend---State Farm denied payment because they said my car was ready and I choose not to pick it up- Repair person-Cedric told them I could pick up Friday---Owner-Maurice refused. State Farm chose to use Cedric's word over Owner-Maurice----as of today, M & M has not received final payment despite the Owner submitting supplemental on Friday 2/6/15. Throughout this ordeal, I have been disrespected, talked over, lied to, and treated with the up-most insensitivity!

This whole process has caused a lot of stress, missed opportunity of resources, and mental anguish! I was the victim. I am sure, if I had hired an Attorney, this claim would have been treated much differently, and certainly with respect. I feel that because I am non-white and the body shop owner is also non-white, State Farm Claims Reps reflected racial bias when dealing with this claim, making unfair decisions, disrespectful tones, and refusal to pay, all because of their racially motivated actions. To get this complaint resolved, I would like to be reimbursed for the amount of $137.92; M & M Body shop to be paid their remaining balance due of $322.15; and A check to me in the amount of $2,000.00 for mental anguish, pain and suffering due to the inadequate treatment, loss of campaign resources, and emotional stress obtained from claim number: 25-585V-096.

Consumer Rating

I bought a new car and the dealer called state farm for coverage. They said that the car cannot be released from dealer in Michigan without insurance. So the dealer released car to me after the contact with state farm therefore car had to have insurance. Guess what 30 days later I had accident and called state farm was issued a claim number. I sent the car to be repaired and state farm refused. They began stating no insurance was present on the vehicle. That's not possible in a new car in Michigan by law. When it's bought it cannot be released to new owner without insurance!

Consumer Rating

North Carolina has an aggressive Rate Bureau, which keeps competition and rates happy. State Farm has, over the last few years, steadily increased homeowners' premiums. As of this year, having never filed a claim, I now am going to cross the legal premium limit amount by $1. To do that, they force policyholders to sign a "Consent to Rate" form. Once signed, they can then charge up to 250% of the original limit, for all time.

3 customers agree with this feedback

9 customers agree with this feedback

Dear All,

Today I receive a phone call where I have been invoiced for $1000 because I have no insurance !
I am not sure if I am slow or not clever enough, but to the best of my knowledge this issue was resolved not ?

Best Regards

From: Courtney Barnette [mailto:courtney.barnette@myfscu.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:42 AM
To: Anton Pretorius, culm 3208, PLANT NA
Subject: RE: Insurance Information

All the information is correct. Thank you.

Courtney Barnette | Call Center Representative

Family Security Credit Union
2204 Family Security Place, SW | Decatur,AL 35603
(F) 256-306-0013 | (P) 256-340-2000
courtney.barnette@myfscu.com
www.myfscu.com

This E-mail and attachments are intended for designated recipients. If you are not the addressee or addressee’s agent, notify administrator@myfscu.com and destroy all copies. If you obtained this via electronic eavesdropping, you violated the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. Disclosure, duplication, distribution or actions taken in reliance on contents herein is prohibited without explicit consent of Family Security Credit Union.

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

From: Anton Pretorius, culm 3208, PLANT NA
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:20 AM
To: ‘courtney.barnette@myfscu.com
Cc: ‘Amanda McCullough’
Subject: Insurance Information
Importance: High

Dear Courtney,

Kindly please confirm if this is the requested information ?

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any additional information.

For clarification please : > The document received from FSCU States Final Notice

I have received a letter a long time ago and then Ms. Mc McCullough provided FSCU with the requested information, why would I receive this document stating Final Notice ?

Best Regards

: Anton.Pretorius@REHAU.com

Please visit: http://www.rehau.co.za

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail . 

Consumer Rating

Customer Service is subpar with this office, Lauren used to be hands on, that has changed. They leave nasty phone messages. So I finally sought out another Insurance Company, I am saving quite a bit of money now, all I can say is thanks to them for having me shop around, they did me a favor. I was left another nasty message after they received notice from my new Insurance company saying they had planned to drop me anyway. I plan on spreading the word about State Farm to everyone that will listen to me, and I can assure you I know a lot of people. It was fun while it lasted, bye bye.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I would like to state that State Farm has changed the way they have always done business and want to report a change in the way they handle a customer. For one I have home and auto with them and have for the last 25 years. Recently we have had major increases and lack of customer service. While in the past we dealt with our local agent on all issues we now find ourselves talking to a phone and the agent does nothing but call us if payment is due. We no longer talk to our agent and it appears the body shop who always has taken care of us is no longer on that we do business with list. It is someone else that is brand new to our neighborhood. While in the past it was easy to get something done today it seems to take an extra five days or so and with less customer service. We had to spend extra time for a claims specialist that estimated (guesstemated) the repairs and still got that wrong by the tune of our deductible. $500. We just find that the day has gone past for what we are paying for. We pay more for less and get way less than what we deserve. I find that this method they use is corrupt and out of the customers hands. They write us a check and that makes everything okay and legit. Well I am sorry to say that my complaint is that I as the paying customer did not get the best deal or had the opportunity to save any money. The check was written to us, not the body shop where the estimate was given , to us. We did not have any say if we agreed to the amount. It just so happens that the final bill comes to the exact amount of $500 to us. Our deductible. .I am calling fraud here and that I did not get the chance to reduce the bill and save even more money. State Farm is practicing in a way that suits them and the way they want to call the shots. It is almost like medical insurance where insurance really is not saving anything but getting the deal they want to pay for. What about me? Don’t I have a say or do I just have to accept what they say is the truth and move on? I ask you, when does the consumer have anything to say the way the company they hired to do what the customer who hired them wants, not the other way. But I feel I have been mis-lead, not informed and totally abused and treated as mindless consumer who doesn’t need or have a choice.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Scott Kelley on 03/12/2014 at IP address 24.247.224.214 using our State Farm complaint form. This opinions contained in this State Farm customer review titled, “Customer Service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Consumer Rating

Our old agent, Kirk Geiger, left the business. He wrote to us and told us our new agent’s name and number over 4 months ago. We never got a letter from the new agent welcoming us or anything. Not a post card. Not a phone call. Not a hi-ho silver announcing his acquiring our policy. Now we get a standard form invoice in the mail from this guy. And again, not a word about “Hi. My name is Chris Jones ….”

Not squat! If your agent’s don’t appreciate their clients then they should not be in the business. And as a result, if we ever think about switching our car, homeowners and umbrella policy we will probably not consider State Farm. We want somebody who appreciates what they are handed gratis free with no effort on their part to originate the policy!!!!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Randy Hughes on 03/10/2014 at IP address 71.61.206.113 using our Your Agent’s attention to customers complaint form. This opinions contained in this Your Agent’s attention to customers customer review titled, “Customers don’t matter” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Consumer Rating

Me too this happened to me!! My x husbands attorney did this to see how much I am worth and we are in litigation! Now I feel like my x husband is going to try to hire a hit man based on the court action he is facing. Funny because my law firm who is representing me showed me this!!! Now if State Farm didn’t do this then “WHO” does my x husbands attorney know who washed hands with State Farm!!! Something is up here. This needs to stop!!!

Consumer Rating

I have written a policy with your Ridge NY office and Greg your agent there cancelled my mobile home ins before making sure that the new policy was in effect .
I now can not find new mobile home ins with anybody because my home is too old
Also today I received in the mail a cancellation policy from my car ins
When I called them they informed me it was from non payment not a write with a new company
I have contacted a lawyer and will be taking further legal action

Consumer Rating

I would like to let others know about my experience with Jared Swank’s State Farm Insurance in Olmsted Falls. Shortly after I purchased my home in Berea (2006), a neighbor named Gary ran from across the street over to my house. Gary is an employee of Jared Swank’s office. During a conversation, Gary said to me ‘When you first moved in, I scanned your name to see who you had your insurance with. I noticed you were already with State Farm’. THIS IS A VIOLATION OF MY PRIVACY RIGHTS. GARY DID NOT KNOW WHO I HAD INSURANCE WITH AND HE TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO LOOK UP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR HIS OWN USE. HE DID NOT HAVE MY AUTHORITY TO DO SO.

At the time, I did not do anything about it, however, I was FURIOUS. Several months ago, I was reviewing my credit report. I noticed that State Farm Insurance reviewed my credit report through Lexis/Nexis. I was concerned AGAIN so I contacted Jared Swank’s office. Jared, himself, advised me that ‘State Farm will NEVER view your credit report’. He assured me of this over and over. I insisted State Farm viewed it because it was on my credit report. He, again, insisted State Farm NEVER reviews credit reports. I advised Jared of the incident I had with Gary – who WORKS AT HIS OFFICE.

Jared said ‘look, what you think of Gary as a neighbor has NOTHING TO DO with my company’. WELL, IT DOES HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR COMPANY WHEN GARY IS ACCESSING MY VERY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THE USE OF YOUR COMPANY’S PERSONAL SEARCH ENGINE AND IT IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF YOUR COMPANY!! Jared also INSISTED THAT HIS AGENCY DOES NOT USE LEXIS/NEXIS NOR DO THEY HAVE ACCESS TO IT.

Needless to say, I have filed civil rights complaints through Lexis/Nexis, State Farm Insurance and the Office of the Attorney General. It became obvious to me that Jared was WRONG, as Lexis/Nexis called me to tell me that Jared told (the employee of Lexis/Nexis) that I gave State Farm the authority to look my information up as a consumer of State Farm Insurance. So, IT LOOKS LIKE STATE FARM DOES HAVE ACCESS TO LEXIS/NEXIS AND STATE FARM DID LOOK UP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION.

GARY DID NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO LOOK UP MY INFORMATION WHEN HE DID NOT KNOW WHO I HAD INSURANCE WITH. JARED WAS WRONG WHEN HE SAID STATE FARM NEVER LOOKS UP CREDIT REPORTS. I had insurance with State Farm for nearly 20 years and never had a problem with them looking up my credit report, and now Jared is making EXCUSES for his agency?? Why is there a need for all of the contradicting information??

I AM NO LONGER WITH STATE FARM INSURANCE. I HAVE FOUND A MUCH BETTER COMPANY THAT I FEEL SECURE WITH. I WILL CONTINUE TO PURSUE MY BELIEF THAT MY PRIVACY RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED AND MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WAS MISUSED.

Consumer Rating

I’m glad to see a newspaper that wants to know how the insurance companies have treated it’s customers through the storm. I’m giving you very general information right now, but I can be more specific if you call me. My experience was not too great. I have business insurance with State Farm to cover equipment, liability, accidents, and loss of business due to acts of nature, fire, etc. I called and was told a claims adjuster would call. Never happened. I call my agent no return call. Finally I saw and agent taking photos of what use to be a building that I rented as a clinic. I was directed to a State Farm victims claim tent (in Gardendale) a week after the storm.

They quickly entered my damages, gave me a claim number and a check for $2000 as quick and partial reimbursement. But after that it was a few weeks before the adjuster called and quickly started finding reasons they would not cover. Everyday he would call saying “I’m not sure if it is covered, I will check and get back”. I finally got my agent to return a call and talk with him. I was only claiming about $5k worth of medical equipment out of about $20k that could have been reported, but I got it repaired or had replacements for and did not pass on to insurance.

Additionally, I was closed 5 weeks and had coverage for loss of business. They stated some stipulation in the policy about location and how long my equipment could be at the clinic before coverage was no longer available (90days). I loss about $10k in business for that month and my insurance policy is suppose to cover up to 12 months, yet they paid nothing and sent me a survey asking if I’m satisfied. If you need more info on this or plan to write a story on it. Let me know I will be happy to show how they did a customer that pays on-time every month. I’m pending loosing my business right now as result of “NO COVERAGE”.

Contact the State Farm Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to State Farm. What is their corporate mailing address?

• One State Farm Plaza
    • Bloomington
    • IL 61710
  • I want to call the State Farm customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

800-782-8332
  • I need to visit the State Farm company website. What is their website address?