Sprint

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Sprint

Posted by Carolyn on Jan 26, 2015
Customer Rating

In December of 2014 we purchased 2 Apple iphone6 devices through Sprint. We opted for the so-called easy pay plan. We were informed through the retailer that we had 14 days to change our minds. The retailer showed us on the Sprint Website the information that stated if we did change our minds within 14 days they will waive any fees. Within 7 days we decided against that device, and, the devices we wanted Sprint did not offer. After much wrangling with VERY, VERY, VERY rude Sprint representatives the account was finally closed. The devices were returned. We purchased the devices we wanted but we could not keep our phone numbers, which we had before going to Sprint. Now, not only has Sprint stolen my phone number, which I have had for 15 years, they deny taking ownership of MY phone number. My current provider accessed their port center and knows they did steal my number. When I contacted Sprint, I was told that we have a current balance of $229.00 for 5 days. Had we stayed with Sprint our MONTHLY bill would have been $160.00. Not only are we not going to pay that ridiculous fee, we are going to start a campaign with EVERY social media outlet warning people to avoid Sprint like the Black Plague. Since their fine print states you cannot file a class action suit, we will sue them independently, and, encourage millions of others to do the same. All I want is my phone number back. They are not only liars because they don't honor their contracts, THEY ARE THEIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Sprint just releases my number, and, honor their contract, I will gladly back off. Until then, I am prepared to blast them EVERYWHERE. And they currently have thousands of complaints already. That "cut your bill in half" is a TRAP! That's a slick way of saying we're going to rob you of everything we can!!!! My goal is to finally put them OUT OF BUSINESS!!! And I won't stop until I succeed if they don't return my phone number PROMPTLY!!!!!!!!!

31 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Sprint provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Sprint?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.91 out of 5
1.91 out of 5 Stars
145 Consumer Reviews

Sprint
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Sprint. What is their corporate mailing address?

I want to call the Sprint customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

I need to visit the Sprint company website. What is their website address?

More Sprint Complaints

Customer Rating

Me and my spouse went to the Sprint store looking to become new customers 1/24/15, which we did and it all seemed to work out. The next day I wanted to return my mobile phone for a smaller version of it, the rep that helped us was not in attendance this day 1/25/15. When we spoke with the young lady she advised us of our new account monthly payment, which seemed more then our original monthly payment. Come to find out the LEASE plan that we were suppose to be on, he did not place us in it, then we asked her if our numbers could have been ported over from our old Mobile carrier, she said of course it can, which he told us it wasn't possible. And he also neglected to tell us that our device payments would go up after 1 year. So me and my spouse was furious and decided to return everything. Not knowing that there is a restocking fee for every device. Mobile phone #1 $35, Mobile Phone #2 $35, Tablet device $75. All this could have been settled correctly if that guy wasn't worried about making his commission.

10 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Sprint shouldn't even deserve one star it's the worst thing ever. The Sprint "manager" tricked me into having a service 130 bucks a month. He said "guarantee" and he said he would pay off the cancellation for my AT&T. It's been 5 months and now I'm sent to collections. He even screamed at me for complaining to him and made fun of me! I'm so pissed. I can't even afford to pay 530 dollars.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I am very disappointed with the Sprint representative Justin and Ron at the South Carolina store on Two Notch Road. My husband and I have a Family Plan which includes my son, husband and myself. We upgraded all three of the phone with the new Sprint versioin. My husband and son phone works fine. My phone is defected. I called the customer representative and she walk me thru steps to fix my phone. My phone could not receive data or connect to the internet. After trying to walk to all the steps to fix the phone the representative told me my phone was defective. She gave me an interactive number and told me to take it back to the Spring store I receive the phone from.

She told me since it was then 14 days from the date I purchase the phone it should be no problem. My husband took the phone back and gave them the number. They then went thru the same process. They had to then order me a phone. Receive a call phone is in. Husband goes to pick up phone. Representative couldn't find the phone. He was told the representative who order the phone was not in. Next trip, representative was in. However, order the phone under the wrong phone number. Now each trip my husband has to wait in long lines until his turn. Rep states he has to return the phone in order another one. Phone comes in yesterday...long line.

The representatives still could not update the phone (Justin and Ron). Kept my phone and told me someone would update it for the next day. To top this all off my husband paid for the screen protector/store fee for putting it on. Then he was told that we had send the screen protection back to the Zappo (life time warranty if we register it) and get another one. My thing is this...if you give me a defective phone why do I have send the order cover back to Zappo to get them to send me a new one. I feel that the Sprint store should put a new one on the phone. No phone yet and when I receive it I have to wait for Zappo to send me a new screen cover and I am assuming I got to put it on myself. This do not make sense. After this contract is over I am terminating my service with Sprint. Let hope the phone is ready today.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I'm upset with Sprint because my service is scrappy I get hit with a high phone bill. I can't make arrangments and I'm requesting higher up to look into this I should get quality service if I'm getting charged a full bill I want this issue fixed. I thought Sprint was supposed to be the wireless service that cuts your high phone bill in half not makes it higher?

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Our contract end next month and we called to find out what kind of deals we could get on new contract and phones. We are paying 210.00 a month for 3 lines now and was quoted 130.00 a month for 3 lines and 2 phones on the promo of 5.00 a month for 24 months. She mailed me transcript of our conversation. I called back the next day and spoke to Brandon who was very helpful. He said we would be charge 190.00 for 3 lines and the promo for 2 phones a month. He was getting ready to order the new phones and e-mail me the new contract we got disconnected. I waited a few minutes to see if he would call me back but he didn't. So I called sprint again and got a real rude guy who said our new contract would jump up to 310.00 a month. I got very upset and hung up on him. After cooling off over night I called back again and a lady was working with me. She put me on hold, after at least 10 minutes we got disconnected again just like the past. So we went down to the store and this guy said we can't get the promo offer and our bills would be 224.00 a month. Which is more that what we are paying now. I asked why loyal customers that have been with them for 10 years get kicked in the face and new customers will be paying half of what they were paying with their old providers. Checked Virizon and they would be 154.00 which includes 2 new phones and no contract. So unless someone called us with something better than what Virizon quoted we well be changing servers on Feb. 12, 2015

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Experience = 0 OR MINUS STARS, WHICH WAS NOT AN OPTION HERE. Husband and I were with Sprint several years. Husband passed away recently I and called to get his phone turned off and account/plan changed since it is just me now. (I have the death certificate, Will filed, durable Power of Atty, etc etc.). I was eventually told (after checking with his Supervisor) that this could ONLY be handled in person in a Sprint Store and to go to my nearest Sprint store for this. I could not email, fax or mail in the death certificate or any other papers they would need. So, I went to my nearest Sprint store and was told there I need to go to a Sprint Corporate Sprint Store 20 miles from here, which is again "the only place that handles this matter".

Who knows? I may end up having to drive to their Corporate HQ in another State to PERHAPS deal with this relatively simple matter: File death cert and create new account/plan in widow's name, same address, bank, financial info. How stupidly SIMPLE but so far no one in the company knows what to do with this "unusual" matter. WAKE UP, SPRINT: PEOPLE DIE; IT HAPPENS. To give you a concept of how bad the Customer Service is: So far, in dealing with my husband's death I've gotten far, far FAR better service from the Social Security Administration and the IRS than SPRINT !!!!

Customer Rating

My husband and I have had our sprints phones for a long time very good customers - pay our bill on time - it was time to renew our contract with sprint the rep offered me 2 phone upgrades without a cost to me and $70 credit on each line - stupid me I took the offer and on my next bill saw charges for the phones - they claim that you can't get the $70 credit per line and new phones - but because the first rep that offered it to me made a mistake they would not fix it.

So I had to pay the $314 bill in order to not get a mark on my credit and pay the $200 cancellation fee - this all happened in a 32 day period and because it was 2 days over the 30day change policy they wouldn't except the offer to give me back my old phones and start over with out a cost to me what terrible customer service to a very good customer they dont care its all about the $$$$$$ with sprint and when my contact is up.

I will never use them again nor will I give them a good name to others - I even get a discount because of my business but I still won't use SPRINT again

Customer Rating

I just recently became a sprint customer. I went with sprint for the unlimited data for the iPhone. This was a huge mistake. In about 90% of the areas I am in, the network is so slow that it is almost totally useless. Try to bring up a map to see where you are. Forget it.

The amount of time it takes to see the map, it would be faster to unfold a traditional map and find my location. YouTube is totally useless as is any other video. Even email takes forever to download.

Everything is extremely slow. 3G is the only service with some speed and even that is very slow compared to other providers. I don't live in a remote area either. I have compared the same iPhones, side by side, all from different providers, and the sprint iPhone is embarrassingly slow.

I am about to pay the early termination fee, sell the phone and go with another provider. I can't take it anymore. It has rendered my iPhone almost useless everywhere but my home on wifi.

Customer Rating

I held a CHAT session with Sprint about changing calling plans in hopes of reducing my bill. I was told I could change over to their Family Share Plan that they advertise on TV. I was told that my new monthly bill which would include 5 lines and a tablet would be $158+taxes. This quote was sent to me via their chat log. I received my current months bill and my bill was over $300.00. I called to understand why and was told that there were several fees that were being charged and would be charged on a monthly go forth basis and thus my bill would be substantially higher than what was quoted to me. After sending fax documents to Broken Promises team, a follow up call and chat, with no response, emails to their media team I finally got a response back from their executive / regulatory relations team who responded and issued credits for the fees on the current bill. However, they still continue to state that future bills will be approximately $290 a month. This amount is still $100 more than what I was expecting and what I was previously being billed.

I re-contacted them advised them that this amount is still greater than what I was quoted and had in writing from them and expect them to honor their quote. I'd also note that this new amount is also almost a hundred dollars more than my previous bill and plan and had I known and been advised of these added costs then I would have never opted to change my plan in the 1st place. As of this complaint I have not heard back from Sprint and have also pursued official complaints with the CFPB and the FCC regarding what I consider deceptive and bait and switch type tactics being employed by Sprint. They need to be held accountable and be made to honor the word of their team members.

Customer Rating

am writing regarding the extremely poor and unacceptable way I have been treated by your company.. I have been having problems with service since mid september and was found to be eligible for an airrave:

#1 Sent an airrave which tech service then later blamed it not working as possibly defective, so,
#2 A second one was sent.
#3 Tech support then stated it was my old palm pre not connecting with airrave.. which when used would block all incoming and outgoing calls.
#4 They recommended getting new phone. Got new phone (smart phone .. like my old one but now palm not available.. got iphone).. Charged activation fee and $10 smartphone increase on account only for it still not to work.
#5 Went through a dozen calls with various techs only to finally learn that airrave is not compatible with Verizon actiontec router. After months of problems, I cant believe that I am the only customer who has encountered this issue. More sadly is that I have to use someone else's technology to make the airrave work!

So, after trying every potential solution to make and receive calls from my home with out being dropped I attempted to cancel my account but learned , now I am stuck in a contract for 2 more years. & would be penalized for ending the contract. I would not have gone through all the frustration, increased costs, time and effort in attempting to stay with your company. I was as much accused in last conversation as being a lier because it "shows 96% success rate and good service area" No reason for me to leave. Do you even think that I would go through all of the attempts as an "exercise"?

I have been a customer for at least 16 years or more... I heard constant contradictions as to the poor service I was having, even as to one of your reps stating "well, you do live near a large body of water" Seriously.. do you call that solutions or good customer care? I can't believe under (documented history.. according to your reps of my history) that I can not leave this company without penalty...!!! I would have kept my old phone and just left Sprint, but gave your company a chance, and now Im paying more for a service that is still the same!

After what I went through, I should be waived from the contract, because I only upgraded because your company told me it was my phone... obviously that is not the case!

I am seething and have no recourse... Please help

Customer Rating

I've been with Sprint since 2006. I upgraded from my Nextel Minolta 686 (used for my truck company business) to a Samsung 400 from the Madison Ave., Sacramento, CA store, Dec 28, 2012. I immediately began having problems. No service. My roommate is handicapped and uses her phone for possible emergencies when I am in my dump truck working. Not having service was dangerous as well as costly. Went back to the store and was told both towers in my area were being worked on and the problem would be fixed in a few days. The problem continued into March 2013. Meanwhile, I was having problems charging my new phone, receiving messages 2 to 3 days after they were sent (costing me, to date, over $2000.00 in lost income). Every trip to the Madison Sprint store to try to correct the problem ended in dismal frustration. I asked to turn back on my old Nextel phone and was told that I would have to pay more money because Nextel had changed. All calls to Sprint for help are logged. I was finally told in the beginning of March during yet another call to Sprint customer service that I might need an Airave to boost signal. I would receive it 3 to 5 business days. After week of non receipt, I called customer service again. The Airave had not been sent...I'd get it for sure in 3 to 5 business days. Once received, I had to spend another chunk of another day on the phone with customer service to help me get it connected. I finally had service but my phone continued not to charge and I would find it dead in the mornings. Back to the Madison store. Frustration. On May 1st,2013 I was told that my battery was fine in the phone so I bought a new charger(35.00) in case that was the problem. They would not exchange the phone because it was past 14 days since purchase. The tech department would not look at the phone because I had not purchased insurance. Tech said to contact Samsung. I put the phone on the new charger and it was dead in the morning. I went to the corporate store on Howe Ave, Sacramento, CA on May 3rd, 2013. I was told the battery was bad and waited 3 hours while they replaced it. I put it on the new charger and found it dead this morning. I called customer care. Sprint had me call Samsung. Samsung will repair the phone on warranty but they will have it for at least 14 days and have to wipe all of my broker and customer numbers out of it...plus the loss of a phone (loss of more $). I called Sprint customer care again. I was told they would send me a previously owned phone that I could download my contacts into while my phone was being repaired...FOR ONLY 49.00...more dollars. I do not text, use apps, or take photos with my phone. It is used for business and emergencies. I'm not asking for a better phone. All I'm asking is that this phone be replaced with a phone that works. As a long time and loyal customer, I deserve that respect and service.

Customer Rating

We own three phones with sprint as our provider. Two evo's and one epic with the unlimited package. With in the first month of service we had multiple dropped calls. We informed sprint of the issue, the sent out the airvana. Wow one problem solved. The only way the phones work, means we need to be within 2000 square feet of it. So now with the troubling economy we cant afford the internet which means the airvana doesnt WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our bill is around 250.00 a month, so in order for us to hold a simple conversation is to pay 60.00 fee for the internet. so the grand total bill just to make a call would cost 310.00 no including TAX!!!!!

I have called many times to explain this issue. Sprint has said to me that my number dropped 25 call last month, WRONG i drop three to five calls a DAY!!!!!! OH and 4g service bulls@#t, I barely get 3g!!!!!!!!! I downloaded ookla speed test to see what i really get. NOW DONT LAUGH!!!!!
64 kbps download, 19 kbps upload, 495 ms ping....... SO PLEASE DONT CHOOSE SPRINT!!! If you choose to get a cell phone PLEASE research the provider..... Mohave Valley, Arizona

Customer Rating

I have been dealing with sprint and their customer service for 9 months now. The problem is I will have less than 2 blocks away from it but I get no internet service. It is very shoddy and poor. I still pay $100.00 a month for the service that is not being provided to me. After 9 months a technician finally calls me and informs me of speed test. He said that it should never ever be below 600 kilobytes per secent For download and upload. Then I have another technician come to my house And he showed me on his computer that I am bouncing between 2 different towersAnd he advised me that all they would have to do is turn the antenna. 1 or 2 degrees And it would be hitting the residential area instead of the 200 miles of desert. It is currently spanning across. Then Mr William Shipmon From The executive resolution department. Calls me and says that we are not going to do anything for you. It is more important to have that I was aiming at the desert tortoise is an coyotes then it is the paying customers. And if I don't like it I can cancel my account give them back the phone that I paid for? And they will just keep the money that I have been paying for a service that they have not provided to me. If anybody should be getting that money it is me, I was not provided what I paid for. Customer service is done nothing but lie to me and jerk me around And place me on hold for hours at a time? My suggestion to all is. Never activated service with sprint.

Customer Rating

To whom it may corcern, even tho I no you don't care about your customers.because every time I call with all my problem with my phone service all that they say is there doing work in your area .but I know that's a lie.that's your why of getting me of the phone.then a had a problem with my cell phone in my house.I had to go outside to talk or my garaged and I'm still having that problem today keep calling spirt about my problem.and again they gave my the run around......for a month they gave me the run around then they said we have a device for your house and that device is awful so a called back spirt and told them that's not working that good"...... and all I got was bullshit from them.but with all my problem a still paid my bill every month on time.again you guys just dont care and it shows and it awful.and then I'm noticing that my bill is always different every month it' higher than the month before. So I call and AGAIN all I got was the run around again it's awful"...basically there telling me just pay your bill and stop complaining.but what a can't understand is that I've called sprint about 30 times and NOBODY has ever called me back ... Because spirt just doesn't care about there customers. Usually the customers are right but not with spirt customers are always WRONG "..........I left t-mobile what a big mistake a made if I hear anybody switching to spirt . I'm telling them don't you guys are the worst phone company I ever had to deal with
Ly

Customer Rating

90% of the time we were unable to use our cell phone for almost two and a half months. From the middle of Nov 2012 to the end of Jan 2013. We keep getting the run around and told they were working on the towers in our area. Finally, in Jan 2013, we were told we would have to upgrade our cell phones. And that we would not be charged a upgrade fee. Well, they lied we do have to pay a $36.00 upgrade fee for ea line. Plus were stuck with another two year contract. And our monthly bill is twice as much as it was. We never received a credit for the time we couldn't use our phone.
Do not upgrade with Sprint!!! They are lairs and sheats.

Customer Rating

"I am with sprint last 11 years but Sprint never taking care of there Loyal customer. I have NO SERVICE LAST 8 DAYS BECAUSE OF SPRINT HAS NO RECEPTION ON THE PHONE Look like we are living in Dead Zone there is no body for taking care of this issue."
I called 100 time to sprint customer service every time they told me different story but no body solve this issue. Some say I PIN this point, Some I make your complaint. our specialist look at this issue. Some says Tower is upgrading like similar stories but NO RESULTS. Now I am not calling sprint because of I wasting my time. SPRINT DONT CARE ABOUT THERE LOYAL CUSTOMERS.
I am looking some other Carrier to Cancel my Contract and move forward. We pay lots of money to SPRINT but sprint service is SUCKS very very very Bad Service. this my work place address is 7204 southwest Freeway, Houston Tx-77074 WHERE I AM NOT GETTING SERVICE. NO RECEPTION, NO SIGNAL BAR ON THE PHONE. I CANT MAKE OR RECEIVE ANY CALLS IN THIS AREA.
This matter is SHAME FOR SPRINT.

Customer Rating

I've been a loyal sprint customer and blackberry fan and consumer for many years now. It's unfortionate that I am now considering cutting my ties with sprint and disowning blackberry for life. My issue is simple enough, and I don't get why sprint can't handle my problem in a better manner. I have now owned 4 blackberry styles model 9670, in under 2 years. I am not rough with my phones @ all , in fact the 4th one which i've had for about a year now looks brand new still. The problem then u ask, the charging port on this perticular model seems to have been built poorly. Sprint now wants me to file an insurance claim, pay $100 and be given the same exact model. I wouldn't have a problem with that, if I hadn't had the same problem with all prior phones. Its clear to me that there is an issue with the way this model's charging port was made. I really really love my Blackberry, I'm kind of sad that our relationship will end soon because of poor craftsmenship. I won't pay only to be given the same problem phone. Infact I wouldn't take that same model even if it was given to me for free.

Customer Rating

i was inadvertently signed up for a mobile hot spot through best buy 3/12. i did not receive this device. i called this company several times explaining this. i ended up paying the bill aug 3 for 94.00 for a device i did not have i had told the person i spoke with ( i think her name was michele) that i did not have this device and that i was a verizon customer. i was not paying attention in best buy when i was purchasing a ipad and a netbook. i had my 7 year old son with me and he has adhd.

he was acting up in the store and i wanted to get my purchases and leave. when i paid this bill i told the person that this account needed to be closed and i have to look into why this happened in the first place to keep my credit score ok. come to find out this device was turned on again with out my knowledge. i have been trying to fix this error but i have been getting the run around by your staff. from that i can not close this until its been paid in full and there will be a 130 early termination fee. i do not know why it is not understood that i did not have this device in the first place nor do i want this device.

i did not give it to my son for college ( he is 7 years of age and not in college). your staff has kept me on hold for 45 min several times and even stated that i would receive a call back ( their names are brad and raymond) and never called back and when i call back i get the run around again. i am looking in to my rights as a consumer legally because i already paid for something i did not have i am not doing that again because someone does not know how to follow instructions. hope to get this situation fixed as soon as possible.

Customer Rating

I have been with sprint for several years. I noticed last September (2012) my phone was dropping calls, no service or failed calls. I called and was advised that the system as going through upgrades in the bay area (San Francisco). I was advised it would be done in October, then again in December and last was told it won't be done until march of 2013. I have call 611 several times with complaints and questions. I talked with one lady who was very nice, made me up a ticket, checked my phone to make sure it was okay and then told me someone would call me within 72 hrs to discuss this issue further. I never got that call and then when I called back to talk with the lady who made my ticket up, the guy on the phone said it was impossible to find that person. I think that was just laziness and BS. If one writes up a complaint, I know they can tell who wrote it up by name or employee number. I was told my bill might be adjusted or credit made when this upgrade is complete. It is very frustrating to experience these types of issues for such a long period. I have three other phones attached to my account. I know I am just a small fish in the sea and losing won't small fish won't even put a dent in your business.

I would like to know if sprint would let me out of my current contract for just my phone only (707-333-9790) and the other three phones for now will stay there until there contracts expire. I am just totally fed up with this issue and service and want to move on. Your cooperation regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! Ronald Braxton

Customer Rating

This is how low Sprint phone service is.....my husband died but prior to his death we asked Sprint to turn off his cellphone service while he was in hospice. (They did that) Once he passed away I called the company to have his cellphone removed from the family plan account. First they turned off all the phones and I had to call back and get the phones that belonged to live family members turned back on. Then after I transferred all the account information to a NEW account, they sent me a bill on the old account for "early withdrawal" to my husband. He died, he did not withdrawal from the account due to dissatisfaction with the company he DIED. Plain and simple.

After fining yet another complaint to the company about the billing they now what someone to take over the now CLOSED account. Hmmm I m confused all the way around. Why does a dead man still receive billing from Sprint? Are they really hard up for money that they are going over board with their billing department. What is the problem here? Can anyone explain why this so called company has so many departments that they do not know what one offices is doing vs. the other. Needless to day these people are morons.

Customer Rating

I have insurance on my cell which i have tuned it in 3 times cause thing had not worked the store assured me since i have insurance on cell covered no matter what.So one month or so after i pick my cell phone out of my purse and the front face plate was broke so i took it in and now of course all new people wrking in there srart to raise thier voice at me like i am stupid also i told them i had cochlear implant will let the jokes flow at deaf person me you know my iq does not drop20 points when u are deaf and i hope all deaf people protest anything to do wi

Customer Rating

I was looking to save money on my monthly bill and decided to switch from Verizon to Sprint providing they savings were substantial... BIG MISTAKE..., It all started when I visited the sprint store in Laurel MD, I spent 6 hrs there making sure I get the plan that was just right for my family along with the savings from the cut your rate in half promotion that have going on. I was quoted anywhere from $140.00 to $145.00 monthly which the rep said included my devices and taxes so that was great for me because my Verizon bill was $208.00 monthly. The first month I got a bill for roughly $143.00 and I was ok with that because that's what I was quoted but the second month I received a bill for $185.00 which as you can imagine my shock.

I called customer care and spoke with a rep ( no help) then I asked to speak to a supervisor and he told me that he cant help me because he wasn't at the store and cant take my word, and I was ok with that so he continued to explain to me that if I can go back to the store and have either the rep that quoted me the price or a manager make a notation in the system that the price I was quoted was indeed $140-$145 monthly then they can go ahead and credit my account monthly for $40.00. I went to the store and spoke to a manager and she was kind enough to put the notation in the system then I stood right there and called customer service back and the rep said that everything is good and it will be sent to the back office and I should just pay $145.00 on this months bill, so that's what I did.

Now I am receiving emails saying that if I don't pay the $40.00 that I will have service interruptions, so again I called customer service and they are saying that they only can credit the account for this month. this doesn't make sense to me why would I switch from an excellent carrier such as Verizon to only save $23.00 per month. Sprint lies and tricks people I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. SWITCHING TO SPRINT WAS THE WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE.

Customer Rating

On Oct 27th, 2014, my wife and I entered a Sprint retail store to purchase 2 cell phones. I told the representative at 9398A Arlington Expressway, Jacksonville, FL that I needed a phone that enable me to process my customers by phone, while using my cell phone's hotspot to access the internet. I found out that Sprint phones are single band and wont allow the hotspot to access the internet while talking on the phone. Therefore, I could not use the Sprint phone to conduct my business.

I had been informed by Laquailla Williams, the Sprint store representative, that if I brought the phones back within 14 days I would be refunded, in total, for the cash payment and the buy back value of the 2 phones my wife and I had negotiated in exchange for 2 new G3 phones.

On Oct 31, 2014, my wife and I returned the 2 G3 Sprint phones that evening after getting off from work. I was informed by Representative Williams that I will receive a check from the Sprint office for the total of $540.00 within 2 billing cycles (information received from Sprint Finance Department 1-800-847-6654). I was also told by the other representative at the same location that I should expect my refund within 10 working days.

I called the Sprint Finance Department 1-800-847-6654 to get clarity on when I would actually receive my refund. I was told that Sprint is not responsible for refunding me for phones that were turned in at that Sprint location (5 Star Cellular), which is a third party entity. I was also told by the Finance Rep that I would have to go to the store where the phones were purchased to get my refund. I went back to the retail location to relay what I had heard from the Finance Rep to them. Rep Williams told me that I need to speak with her manager Chris and gave me his phone # 904-203-9334. I called and left numerous voice messages but received no return call backs.

From Oct 31, 2014, thru Dec 10, 2014, I have made the following calls: Nov 17, 2014, 1pm I spoke to Mauren; Nov 22, 2014, I spoke to Mylae 2:30pm; Tarell 2:40pm;Lataya 2;50pm of Early Life (855-216-0821); Zak of Return Equipment Excalations Dept. 3pm; Ana 3:15pm; Nov 28, 2014, spoke to Andrea 4:18pm (memo #I678255390). Each have kept me on the phone for 40 minutes to an hour telling me that they confirmed the facts I related to them but could not tell me who I should talk to in order to be refunded.

On Dec 8, 2014, I took an early morning ride to the retail 5 Star Cellular Sprint store located on 9398A Arlington Expressway, Jacksonville, FL 32225. To my amazement and pleasure I was able to meet Chris, the manager, as he was making his morning cash pick up. I expressed my appreciation for being able to catch up with him, then went on to share with him that it has been 2 months since I have returned my phones and have yet to receive my refund. He began to explain to me that the Sprint Finance Dept was responsible for providing me a refund. I explained that I have shared my scenario to a number of Sprint Reps who have basically done nothing. Now I am here to get my refund. With indifference, Chris spoke to the Sprint Rep after I called. The Rep responded to Chris in a more positive way than I have ever been able to experience. The Rep advised me that I would receive a check in the mail for the cash balance of $387.50 and that I would receive a check for $150.00, the value of the buy back phones we exchanged for the 2 G3s, within 7 working days.

The following week I did get a check for $387.50. To this day I have not received my $150.00 check for the value of the buy backs. I have emailed the Rep Williams explaining to her that I have not gotten my refund for the buy backs but got no reply. I called her and she said the manager Chris told her that I will get no refund for the buy back phones. The check I received is all that I will get.

March 2, 2015, I spoke with James of Sprint Finance Department. I was on hold for an hour after speaking to Jennifer, who transferred me to James. I rehashed my scenario for the 15th time. James assured me that he would make sure that I receive my refund for the buy back phones, explaining that he understands that I deserve it. Also, he would call me the following day - yesterday. I never heard from James.

Account # 912160556. It is very sad that a consumer has to experience abuse of this magnitude while attempting to get a refund for a good faith transaction. All I want is my final check of $150.00 for my buy back phones. I am not looking for interest for the length of time my money has been held by Sprint for such an unreasonable time - just what is mine.

Customer Rating

I call sprint on 3/4/15 concerning my phone service has been disconnected. I paid money on 3/2/15 to keep my phone turn on. The customer servicer Rep said that this aloud my phone to stay on. Here come Wed 3/4 my phone off. I have call sprint several times this morning beginning at 7:00 am about my phone service and no one can seem to help me. you cant get a hold of any supervisor, no one no anything and I have been on the phone for hours waiting to get someone to help me to get my phone back on. I have been with sprint for about 9 years and can you believe this is happening. I paid them money to keep my phone on and turn it off the next day. I had death in my family and I am not able to even get in touch with them. I am angry, mad, disappointed and all of that. The customer services Rep's that I have spoke with have been so rude, unconcern, their attitude is like what ever. I need someone to get back with me. On a scale of 1-5 is 0 right about now.

Customer Rating

have been with Sprint for many years. Constantly putting up with phones that done work. I am disabled and it is extremely difficult for me to go to the main Sprint office for service. But do they care? How can I call if my phone is not working! I am required to go to the office, which is 25 miles away. Why I keep going back to Sprint is just plan stupid! If anyone reads this please think twice before purchasing! Consumer service is terribly. This last time I was on the phone trying to get a problem resolved for 4 hours! This is the last time. As soon as I am able to save the money I will go with a different provider!!!!!! I am so frustrated! Sprint has put a block on my phone due to no fault of my own. I have gone to the Sprint office 5 different times and was promised it would be removed and it never is!

Customer Rating

I have been with your company for several years just last year I got to get three new phones 2 being I phones 6 and a note ever since I got the I phones I started getting getting message that my bill was due and they needed payment I did not expect this big bill and I requested an extension which I received now I am really confused I have been payment every week at least $100 sometimes even $200. every time I get an extension I make a payment. Today I was trying to make a payment of $200 and they would not accept it they want $621.00, which I am still trying to get. I do not receive paper statement so I dont even know what I paying on anymore. Every time I make a payment it seems to get higher instead of getting lower. Please Help!

Customer Rating

Sprint does not care about their loyal customers. All they want to do is keep charging and giving great deals to their new customers. I lost my telephone. I went to the Sprint store on Westpark in Houston, Texas. I just wanted to keep within my free upgrade. The girl talked me into an Iphone6 and said it was only $120.00. She did not tell me it was a lease but instead a special offer for established customers. NOT TRUE!! I constantly am calling because my bill is incorrect. My monthly plan is $110.00 but with all the add ons it is over $300.00.

Customer Rating

I went to a sprint store to transfer my Verizon phone to sprint. After waiting almost an hour the gentleman took all my information and then informed me sprint could not transfer my # because they are on a different frequency which surprised me. To get your good deal I decided to get a new phone and plan and a few extras. It was going to cost about 90 dollars a month which was fine but he told me sprint wanted to bill me $8 a month to bill me. That was it...After I spent an hour and a half in the store i walked out and went to Verizon and it took me ten minutes and i was finished. Your add says you can transfer Verizon so your sales associate lied to me just to make a sale. That is false advertising.. if you can you can..If you cant you cant..Which one is it? Thats one hell of a bait and switch..Isnt that illegal? If your company even gives a damn about your customers I will wait for an email reply and tell you the store..If not then whats the point of complaining..Thank you...Mr. Stephen A. Adamchick

Customer Rating

Waited 4 months foe this day to upgrade my daughters phone. Found out today that Sprint changed their upgrade policy LAST NIGHT. So she is not eligible for four more months. So i called Customer service, after a 30 minute wait on hold, talked to someone, after another 20 minute negotiation, agreed to pay $100.00 to get upgrade early. But i had to go to a corporate store. So i drove 20 minutes to the store, and gueas what?! They couldn't do the upgrade. So i called back, 30 minute wait. Was willing to order over the phone, even though i promised my daughter a new phone today. It took two people, and another twenty minutes to start the process, and then they hung up on me. Decided to try one more time. Another 30minute hold, got some one that really tried to help, but after 20 minutes of her trying to get help i finally gave up. Not sure what i am going to do now.

Customer Rating

Sprint was having a promotion if you changed to sprint for each line you bring they will give you $100.00. It has been a year and i am still waiting for my refund. I brought over 3 lines so I was promised $300. After the first month I went to the store and asked about the refund and they told me it would come thru the mail. Every month after that I have called sprint, I have went to the store and I have gotten the run around with everyone telling me a different story. Not to mention the really bad reception, dropped calls, slow internet that matches the bad service I have received from sprint. I was promised a plan with my new phones and found out after talking with customer support that my plan is higher per month. I have been promised a call back every time but no one ever calls!!! My sister got her iPhone a month before I went and noticed she got the same phone I did but she got hers cheaper?? I am so upset with the way they handle their customers that all I want to do is pay off what I owe for the phone and go back to verizon. Only reason I left is because sprint told me they could give me a plan for cheaper than what I was already paying. I pay my bill every month and I have kept up my part of the deal, what about YOU SPRINT????? I WANT MY $300 and I want out of my contract!!!!

Companies Like Sprint