Sprint

Most Popular Complaint about Sprint

Posted by Ana orellana on Jan 27, 2015
Customer Rating

Sprint shouldn't even deserve one star it's the worst thing ever. The Sprint "manager" tricked me into having a service 130 bucks a month. He said "guarantee" and he said he would pay off the cancellation for my AT&T. It's been 5 months and now I'm sent to collections. He even screamed at me for complaining to him and made fun of me! I'm so pissed. I can't even afford to pay 530 dollars.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Sprint provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Sprint?

2.11 out of 5

Website

www.sprint.com

More Sprint Complaints

Customer Rating

Me and my spouse went to the Sprint store looking to become new customers 1/24/15, which we did and it all seemed to work out. The next day I wanted to return my mobile phone for a smaller version of it, the rep that helped us was not in attendance this day 1/25/15. When we spoke with the young lady she advised us of our new account monthly payment, which seemed more then our original monthly payment. Come to find out the LEASE plan that we were suppose to be on, he did not place us in it, then we asked her if our numbers could have been ported over from our old Mobile carrier, she said of course it can, which he told us it wasn't possible. And he also neglected to tell us that our device payments would go up after 1 year. So me and my spouse was furious and decided to return everything. Not knowing that there is a restocking fee for every device. Mobile phone #1 $35, Mobile Phone #2 $35, Tablet device $75. All this could have been settled correctly if that guy wasn't worried about making his commission.

Customer Rating

In December of 2014 we purchased 2 Apple iphone6 devices through Sprint. We opted for the so-called easy pay plan. We were informed through the retailer that we had 14 days to change our minds. The retailer showed us on the Sprint Website the information that stated if we did change our minds within 14 days they will waive any fees. Within 7 days we decided against that device, and, the devices we wanted Sprint did not offer. After much wrangling with VERY, VERY, VERY rude Sprint representatives the account was finally closed. The devices were returned. We purchased the devices we wanted but we could not keep our phone numbers, which we had before going to Sprint. Now, not only has Sprint stolen my phone number, which I have had for 15 years, they deny taking ownership of MY phone number. My current provider accessed their port center and knows they did steal my number. When I contacted Sprint, I was told that we have a current balance of $229.00 for 5 days. Had we stayed with Sprint our MONTHLY bill would have been $160.00. Not only are we not going to pay that ridiculous fee, we are going to start a campaign with EVERY social media outlet warning people to avoid Sprint like the Black Plague. Since their fine print states you cannot file a class action suit, we will sue them independently, and, encourage millions of others to do the same. All I want is my phone number back. They are not only liars because they don't honor their contracts, THEY ARE THEIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Sprint just releases my number, and, honor their contract, I will gladly back off. Until then, I am prepared to blast them EVERYWHERE. And they currently have thousands of complaints already. That "cut your bill in half" is a TRAP! That's a slick way of saying we're going to rob you of everything we can!!!! My goal is to finally put them OUT OF BUSINESS!!! And I won't stop until I succeed if they don't return my phone number PROMPTLY!!!!!!!!!

Customer Rating

I am very disappointed with the Sprint representative Justin and Ron at the South Carolina store on Two Notch Road. My husband and I have a Family Plan which includes my son, husband and myself. We upgraded all three of the phone with the new Sprint versioin. My husband and son phone works fine. My phone is defected. I called the customer representative and she walk me thru steps to fix my phone. My phone could not receive data or connect to the internet. After trying to walk to all the steps to fix the phone the representative told me my phone was defective. She gave me an interactive number and told me to take it back to the Spring store I receive the phone from.

She told me since it was then 14 days from the date I purchase the phone it should be no problem. My husband took the phone back and gave them the number. They then went thru the same process. They had to then order me a phone. Receive a call phone is in. Husband goes to pick up phone. Representative couldn't find the phone. He was told the representative who order the phone was not in. Next trip, representative was in. However, order the phone under the wrong phone number. Now each trip my husband has to wait in long lines until his turn. Rep states he has to return the phone in order another one. Phone comes in yesterday...long line.

The representatives still could not update the phone (Justin and Ron). Kept my phone and told me someone would update it for the next day. To top this all off my husband paid for the screen protector/store fee for putting it on. Then he was told that we had send the screen protection back to the Zappo (life time warranty if we register it) and get another one. My thing is this...if you give me a defective phone why do I have send the order cover back to Zappo to get them to send me a new one. I feel that the Sprint store should put a new one on the phone. No phone yet and when I receive it I have to wait for Zappo to send me a new screen cover and I am assuming I got to put it on myself. This do not make sense. After this contract is over I am terminating my service with Sprint. Let hope the phone is ready today.

Customer Rating

Our contract end next month and we called to find out what kind of deals we could get on new contract and phones. We are paying 210.00 a month for 3 lines now and was quoted 130.00 a month for 3 lines and 2 phones on the promo of 5.00 a month for 24 months. She mailed me transcript of our conversation. I called back the next day and spoke to Brandon who was very helpful. He said we would be charge 190.00 for 3 lines and the promo for 2 phones a month. He was getting ready to order the new phones and e-mail me the new contract we got disconnected. I waited a few minutes to see if he would call me back but he didn't. So I called sprint again and got a real rude guy who said our new contract would jump up to 310.00 a month. I got very upset and hung up on him. After cooling off over night I called back again and a lady was working with me. She put me on hold, after at least 10 minutes we got disconnected again just like the past. So we went down to the store and this guy said we can't get the promo offer and our bills would be 224.00 a month. Which is more that what we are paying now. I asked why loyal customers that have been with them for 10 years get kicked in the face and new customers will be paying half of what they were paying with their old providers. Checked Virizon and they would be 154.00 which includes 2 new phones and no contract. So unless someone called us with something better than what Virizon quoted we well be changing servers on Feb. 12, 2015

Customer Rating

I have been a customer of Sprint for 14 years and have 5 active lines on said account. I pay for insurance and pay extra for each phone every month because they are newer phones, that's stinks. I have unlimited everything phone, text and data. in the 14 years with Sprint I have seen advancements but I have also seen the lack of administrative requirement of company and employee accountability. I pay hard earned money for services and have to question why? Why can't I get insurance for my phone from my choice of insurers instead of being forced to have whatever insurance Sprint corporation is supporting. This monopolistic tactic should be as illegal as a car company telling you that you must have their company supported insurance instead of being able to choose your own. Also why do we pay a $200 deductible Every Time something happens to our phone? That is why I have insurance; my phone cost $600 that means the insurance is charging me one third the cost of my phone Each Time something is fixed, that is besides the $125 I pay per year per phone for that insurance. Can you imagine your car insurance charging you one third the cost of your car each time something is fixed. I want to choose my own insurance not have someone or some company choose it for me.

Customer Rating

On Wednesday January 14th, I connected Sprint to inquire about the Hotspot Option for my iPhone5C. I orginally spoke with a customer service agent...who then transferred me to a a gentleman "that could help me" (I'm thinking technical support). I was told there was a special where I could get 1G for free, 2G for $20/month or 6G for $60/month. He had an indepth conversation and he explained which would work best for what I wanted to do. I decided to get the 1G for free, and will upgrade later if needed. The gentleman went forward attempting to add the HotSpot feature to my phone. I was on the call for about 15 mins, because he was receiving an error message while trying to install the featuer. The call was somehow dropped and didn't get a call back. I called Sprint to inquire about the HotSpot feature because it was not added onto my phone.The customer service representative and supervisor told me there wasn't such an option as the 1G for free. I explained in detail as to the conversation I had with the gentleman.I requested to be transferred to technical support, because I thought that was the department which began the process of the HotSpot installation, but the agent refused to transfer me. When asked if they would review my account and see who I spoke with, conveintantly, the conversation from Wednesday wasn't logged (or so I was told). This is the same type of poor service I received in the pass, when I changed service providers. All I am asking, is that I be given what I agreed to, and nothing more. After speaking with the gentleman on Wednesday, disconnected my home internet service, expecting to have my HotSpot installed. This situation has inconvienced my majorily.

Customer Rating

Back in October 2014 there was a special advertised on tv for the iPhone 6, unlimited talk, text and data for $50monthly. This caught my attention so I call somewhere around October 23, 2014. The representative (I don't remember her name, But sure its on file) talk with me about the plan, advising me that the plan is available for me, however I would have to pay $150 dollar deposit and pay $24.99 monthly for two years. I was not acceptable to the plan so she offer another plan for a free iPhone 5c at $60 dollars monthly with unlimited talk, text and data and a 2 year contract alone with the home line of $19.99 monthly and taxes equaling around $95 dollars. She also mention of the free iPod they was running and the router to hook up for service on my laptop. I accepted the plan on those condition. She went on to say that the shipping of the phones and fees will be waved and my first month bill will be a little more (month and a half due to the billing cycle). Again I agreed to this and was please, UNTIL I Received a email of my bill. Now everything drops on me, I called and was told totally different information and given the run around to store location (no positive help). The rep advise me the plan I'm on is the $60 dollar plan, $30.00 for unlimited data and $19.99 for home plus tax and a two year contract, I proceeded to explain what plan I was offered(which was mislead information) and was will to keep the plan in exchange of removing the home line in place of the iPod and or router. The rep said I could not change the plan because it's after 14day (well I wasn't even told that) and nothing they can do but cancel the plan and I pay the cancellation fee $550.00 dollars. I live from pay check to pay check and on a tight budget and only is asking for assistance that suits me. This is very unfair and NOT professional that sprint would do this. Please provide a feedback I will not stop until something is done.

Customer Rating

Was contacted in August of 2014 about a free upgrade and a free tablet. Told the representative I was unemployed and could not afford any changes in my plan and was given the reply "this is a free upgrade mam" I received my new phone ( which I found out by going to a verizon store was 5 years old) and free tablet in the mail with the return envelope for my "buy back" and to be given a credit of 300 dollars. in order to activate these new free products I had to call Sprint. In doing so, I waited 20 min. for a rep. Then he began to talk to me about kigs and things I do not understand. Again I explained, I am unemployed and can not afford any changes to my plan. He then told me this would only be an increase of 10 dollars a month more than my current payment. I agreed, and then received a bill for $278.00. All my bills for the last 12 years has not been more than $75.00. So I called Sprint 12 times and spoke to 5 different people to get my old service returned to me. I received threats on my phone that my service would be disconnected if payments were not received. On December 5th 2014 I got my old plan back after being billed all these months and I now have a free tablet with no service. So I ask Sprint, what is free and what do you consider loyalty to your long term customers.

Customer Rating

We have been with Sprint for years if you see all your notes on my account, I have called continuously prior to my contract breakage. I had called to see why we had no service in my home, they said they are working on towers. That's all we kept getting is the run around, I spoke with managers, whom stated they would send a tech to check our home and issue a Turbo to get better service, that never happened. I am a police officer and in need of my phone. Sprint left me no choice but to break my contract. We called after we received our bill, my wife's phone was out of contract as per your personal we spoke to other phone the same we did not have a contract. My phone was the only one left. When we called they rep stated it was a high balance due to the phone, Sprint was charging me for my phone, I told her we would gladly send it back, she stated she would send the package for the phones to be returned. We never saw an envelope, we have called several times after that for months I have been calling as I feel this balance is not correct! I have had the worse service from Sprint and just excuse after excuse! I want to clear this up ASAP!!! If I can get anyone to call me, so we may resolve this.

Luis

Hello,

Today I received in my mail, a faux handwritten Thank You, for my 10 years of service with Sprint.

This 10 year acknowledgement contained no discount notices, deals, nothing. What a pathetic PR move.

I currently pay approx. $70 per month for a flip phone with no Text Ability, Web. Now I see your Family Plan charges $25 for all this?

Ready to go to T-Mobile. I don’t think they send fake handwritten thank you notes. You’ll have to do way better for my 10 years.

You have my contact info.

Customer Rating

My husband and myself have had our phones for a year now. And we’ve had 4g on the phones but our area has not been 4g compatible.
I’ve also complained about having little to no service.
And dropped calls
And all the time from 3 g to no service.
Especially while home. And is where we use our phones the most.
Very disappointed.

Customer Rating

could not use cell phone 815 403 3095 in fl, so I used a landline to call ,my il,cell phone 815 403 4595.if my cellphone 815 403 3095 had worked ,I would not have been charged overage charge ,I talked to sprint ,they said they are sorry but there is nothing they can do, sprint is not being fair, it is their phone that did not work , cell phone to cell phone no charge ,land line to cell 40 cents a minute . I pay $207.69 a month ,I am retired ,this will inadvertently make me loose my phone . I you can call me at 815-403-4595 . no charge ,I think! thanks Arlene Weber

Customer Rating

I called sprint about our phone not charging, was told I will have to take it to a service center.
we went to the service center “a 60 mile ride” told them what was wrong I was asked if I had insurance on phone told them no. the manager said come back in 1-2 hours and the phone would be fixed. when we got back to the store the phone was not fixed he said it would be a $75.00 charge since I didn’t have insurance or I could send it to Samsung under warranty. but I would be without a phone for 4-6 weeks, I bought the phone from sprint they should take care of the phone or at least give me a loaner.

Customer Rating

Sprint gave us a tablet and wi-fi,saying first 30 days were free. We got charged and had them shut it off and cancelled. After it was sent back, they charged us agIn!! Tbey refuse to remove the second charge. We didn’t want them to start with but tried them anyway. So we paid for first month but keep getting charged for something we don’t even have. Someone needs to fix this before they get sued!!!

Customer Rating

Hello. I visited the Towson location of sprint a week ago because my phone was not working. The sales person didn’t have one in stock so they ordered me a new phone and I went in today to pick it up. I was assured last week that all information in my phone ie: phone contacts, text, email addresses, photo’s, video’s etc. would be transferred to the new phone. I just stormed out of the store because the sales person wiped out absolutely everything in my phone. I want this to be looked into now. Please contact me immediately at my phone number to discuss this. My phone number is: 443-982-3579 The above email address is my girlfriends email address.

Customer Rating

Hi! My name is Kimberly Plouhar and I had an issue with the ear piece recently. After going to the Apple Ave. store 3 times so they could “fix” it they finally said the would order me a new phone. I specifically asked if it was going to be a new phone because I didn’t want a refubished one ( someone else’s junk). Marcus and the tech (I can’t remember his name right now but it wasn’t Joe) assured me more than once that it would be a new phone.
I got the phone had an issue with it the second week I had it. I was a little upset about that because it was a “new” phone.
Then yesterday I get a call about a family member that is real sick and in the hospital so I sent a text about it to my 3 kids. My daughter said Mom who’s number is coming up with all of your texts? It’s not yours. I wasn’t thinking straight because of my family member and mistook the number for another family member’s. I called the number thinking I would get my family member but it was some total stranger that wasn’t very happy with me having his phone number and therefore VERY rude. I made this call from my home phone and since he has called my home at least twice. Turns out your employees lied to me and this is a refurbished phone and that number was programmed in settings to come up with all the texts. So, Vergie Jackson 231-343-4577 is a customer of yours and is very upset with me. Thing is, he has my home phone number and it is not hard to get an address with that information. This all could have been avoided if I wasn’t lied to and given a new phone or at least if you are going to cover up refurbished ones to be sure to delete all of the previous information before sneaking it to another customer! I am very, very upset over all of this and will be changing providers when my contract is up. I’d like to change it today but I guess I have to fulfill my contract but I will be spreading the word about how I was scammed and the trouble it has caused me. I am on Devin Vega’s account if you need that information.

Looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully not Vergie Jackson any more!

Kimberly Plouhar 231-730-1437 or 231-766-2881

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Kimberly Plouhar on 03/10/2014 at IP address 207.73.23.170 using our Sprint – 1910 E. Apple Ave Muskegon, MI complaint form. This opinions contained in this Sprint – 1910 E. Apple Ave Muskegon, MI customer review titled, “Service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I want to return the iphone I just bought they are saying I cant return it first they said I had a month. Now they are saying I was suppose to keep the phone in the box. I have everything with it. When I purchased the phone I asked if incase it had a scratch if it would be ok. He said yes is long as its nothing major. now he said that the lil scratch wich is almost nothing is the reason why he wont return it. That I was suppose to keep it in the box.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Elizabeth Vazquez on 03/10/2014 at IP address 72.67.64.51 using our sprint complaint form. This opinions contained in this sprint customer review titled, “iphone” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

My Grand-daughter wrote down my Debit card number and used it to pay a $226.00 dollar phone bill on September the 3rd.When I called in the next day I didn’t get any information.I had my sister call because she has a sprint cell phone she was told that I had to get a statement from the bank that the card is issued to me with the with drawal date in which the incident happened.After two weeks I have received my statement.I need to know what comes next.I need my money put back into my new account.

Customer Rating

I called into Sprint and tried to cancel my services due to poor coverage and bad customer service. I was then transferred to another department and was told that I cannot cancel my services due to an agent has to call me back. He said it was a business account and the agent in my area is the only one that can cancel my services. I never set up a business account with Sprint. This is wrong that a company is dictating when I can cancel my services. I will never use Sprint again and I will tell all that I know that they use tactics to sign up customers and when they cant provide the level of services they will not let you cancel services when you want. I am in the medical field and provide a level of care to my patients and I expect the same courtesy with the companies I do business with. Horrible service and company that Sprint is!!!!!!!!!

Damian

Customer Rating

I have had Sprint for many years with no service contract. Last month I got a 2 year service contract because my twins wanted IPHONE 4 s Sprint gave then to me and the minute I could not return or cancel the 2 year contract they just canceled my 30% discount. I can get a 22% discount as my daughter goes to college. But I decided if they do not fix this I will declare war on them. I will send two phones to an area where they do not have towers and they have to pay a competitor for tower usage.

I will have these phones on 24/7 to each other this will cost them large $. I will call 866-877-7137 often and daily as i am retired Military. This will cost them a few hours a day of customer service. All they need to do to stop this is to re instate my 30% discount. If is is not done by the end of April 2013 I will declare war on Sprint. Even if they cancel all my phone lines I will not stop. dishonest business practices should be punished.

Companies Like Sprint

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!