Customer Satisfaction Results

Sprint

Complaint Department

Filed by Carolyn on Jan 26, 2015
Consumer Rating

In December of 2014 we purchased 2 Apple iphone6 devices through Sprint. We opted for the so-called easy pay plan. We were informed through the retailer that we had 14 days to change our minds. The retailer showed us on the Sprint Website the information that stated if we did change our minds within 14 days they will waive any fees. Within 7 days we decided against that device, and, the devices we wanted Sprint did not offer. After much wrangling with VERY, VERY, VERY rude Sprint representatives the account was finally closed. The devices were returned. We purchased the devices we wanted but we could not keep our phone numbers, which we had before going to Sprint. Now, not only has Sprint stolen my phone number, which I have had for 15 years, they deny taking ownership of MY phone number. My current provider accessed their port center and knows they did steal my number. When I contacted Sprint, I was told that we have a current balance of $229.00 for 5 days. Had we stayed with Sprint our MONTHLY bill would have been $160.00. Not only are we not going to pay that ridiculous fee, we are going to start a campaign with EVERY social media outlet warning people to avoid Sprint like the Black Plague. Since their fine print states you cannot file a class action suit, we will sue them independently, and, encourage millions of others to do the same. All I want is my phone number back. They are not only liars because they don't honor their contracts, THEY ARE THEIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Sprint just releases my number, and, honor their contract, I will gladly back off. Until then, I am prepared to blast them EVERYWHERE. And they currently have thousands of complaints already. That "cut your bill in half" is a TRAP! That's a slick way of saying we're going to rob you of everything we can!!!! My goal is to finally put them OUT OF BUSINESS!!! And I won't stop until I succeed if they don't return my phone number PROMPTLY!!!!!!!!!

48 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Sprint?

Compare Sprint to Similar Cell Phones more...

Sprint Customer Feedback Trending Now

183 Sprint consumers have created complaints against Sprint to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Sprint complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Sprint corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

Have been a good customer for about 10 years and keep saying I am leaving. Have been treated rudely at a store several times and on phone more.. Went in very ill when on chemotherapy and a very rude associate basically told me my situation was nothing as he had to leave Sprint to good work at this Dads ranch. Ok...I was fighting for my life, Went in to ask what I could do another time as my battery on iPhone 5 wasn't staying charged. Told them I was waiting a couple of weeks for the new iPhone 6. The associate told me I would be waiting a long time as they didn't even have specs yet. Two weeks later they came out. There is so much. I have been trying get on family plan for years and was told I could not?? I have my son and I both on plan. Finally after all these years I got serious and told Spring I was through. They put me on a plan and said I wouldn't owe for 2 months. Not true. I paid. Better than paying almost $200.00 every month but I have been lied to so much and treated rudely and will not sign another contract with Sprint just as many of my friends are not. Sprint does not care about anything but money. 10 years of lies. The only good thing about Sprint is one manager that used to be at the Grand Prairie store. He was exceptional. The last supervisor I spoke to was so rude so he did it for me and he lied, also. Sprint truly needs to learn what real customer service is. This good customer is through.

Consumer Rating

I am supposed to be charged $151.00 per month. I have called about this twice, both times I was told that I would get a bill for a higher amount, but not to worry about this, on the first of the month the bill would be $151.00. The first month the bill did change to $151.00, now this month it did not . The last time I talked to the lady at Sprint and told her I did not want to have to call every month, she said don't worry, I would not have to. I am a senior and living on a fixed income, my next step will be to contact AARP and the local paper, for senior abuse, I am tired of trying to fix this every month.

Consumer Rating

I double checked with store to see if they would assist in installing my screen protector which is still under warranty. They instructed me to order it and bring it in. I bought it in and Justin the sales rep that helped me was no longer employed there. The store manager said they never had a Justin working at store (big lie cause I spoke with Justin twice). They said they would not help me and not obligated to....which is fine...but why would they instruct me to order the replacement and bring it in is what I don't understand. Everyone at the store was rude!!!! No customer service at this location. They are not to be trusted. Everyone just be careful!!!

Consumer Rating

I keep getting over charged on my phone bill and I am not even receiving the bills! I cannot access my account online either. The agents are keeping me on hold for a supervisor or the calls "drop" meaning that I am not able to talk to anyone! My phone is constantly disconnected and I have to keep it on the charger to reconnect. I am so sick of Spring and there awful service that I want to terminate my service immediately! I am done with this hassle.

Consumer Rating

I called Sprint customer service March 1,2015 to have my 2 phone changed over to the new program for $60 each phone, which included unlimited text, long distance, etc. I have called twice to have the service switch and it has still not taken place. Both Supervisors assure me it will be taken care of and my home phone service will be terminated but its still on. I should only have 2 cell phones and a tablet to be making payment on.

Consumer Rating

I purchased a speaker from the Homewood Illinois Sprint store and I went to return it they told be they could not give me cash back because of the amount even though I paid in cash. I accepted the fact they couldn't give me my refund back in cash and that I had to wait 3-5 business days for the refund. It is now almost 4 weeks later and have yet to receive the refund. I contacted the store on 2 different occasions and both times the Store Manager wasn't in to speak to me and handle the situation. I called customer service 3 times and they also told me they would have the manager contact me to resolve the issue and that they would call me to make sure the issue was resolved and they never did. I find myself going back and forth for a refund that is due to me! It's bad enough I made my purchase in cash and they are making me wait for a check but it has been almost 4 weeks and I haven't received anything. Considering my service isn't important to Sprint at this point I will be canceling my 4 lines I have with them soon as I can get a day off to switch over to another carrier considering the other carriers are now paying for your cancellation fee!!!

Consumer Rating

I had sprint phone contract from 12/22/14 to 12/29/14 from BEST BUY. Returned it to BEST BUY and received return slip. BEST BUY called sprint to make sure contract was cancelled and how much. sprint rep. said 'No Charge' since only 7 days of the 14 day 'FREE TRIAL' period was used. Called sprint first week of Jan 2015. There rep said show return slip from BEST BUY to local sprint store manager. I did, He called his Boss, who agreed no money was owed. Mar 10 2015, collection notice from ALLIEDInterstate. I owe $76.55 for trial period or credit would be adversely affected! Paid money to keep good credit. This is my Husbands email. sprint wants regular payments on closed account 552714756! Impossible so far to contact sprint where they don't just hangup on Me! I am NOT paying another dime. Please cease and desist your Harassment !payment is due on 4/18/15. I guess I go to court if necessary?

Consumer Rating

Friday, April 10th, 2015 I went into the Lewisville, Texas store, (360 E Roundgrove) and requested to have my Iphone 5 upgraded to the 6. I was informed that, that option was not available until April 2016. This is where the complaint comes in, I was told when I first purchased this phone in April 2014, that with paying for the phone monthly, I could upgrade yearly. I also was informed in November when I went into the store and called the customer service number to get information about getting the phone repaired that I would not be able to upgrade the phone until April 2015. So why was I advised on April 10, 2015, that i couldn't upgrade at the time?

I received exceptional customer service in the store from Paul Urteaga. This young man didn't want to see me upset or leave the store in this manner, knowing that I could drive down the street and become a new customer of AT&T's in a flash. Paul went the extra mile to try and push the upgrade by contacting customer service on the toll free number. However, I got a young man by the name of Andrew who didn't care that I have been a loyal customer of Sprint's since 2010 and has questioned my bill being at 270.00 or 240.00 on a monthly basis several times but still remained a customer when several phone carriers state you can get 4 lines for a hundred dollars. My calls drop, and recently I have noticed that my text messages on Sunday won't come through until Monday, but I bit my lip and continued with Sprint. The last of my patience occurred Friday. Apparently, this 2 year upgrade was a recent change by Sprint, it had to take place from the last time I spoke with the company in November because all the representatives and the computers was under the impression that I could upgrade in April of 2015. Why wasn't I informed of this change? Why am I penalized by the change when it was a Corporate decision and I was informed of something else when I signed for my Iphone in April 2014? Andrew provided poor customer service and didn't care that he should try to talk to his supervisor to grant the upgrade. Feel free to pull the call and hear how he provided little empathy for my situation. Luckily, Paul informed me that I will need to pay extra monthly to get a yearly upgrade on my phones however I hope when I do visit the store in a year, I won't be informed something else because of a Corporate decision. Although, I doubt in a year, I will be looking forward to staying with Sprint. It seems as if loyal customers mean nothing to this company, heck new customers get their bills cut in half but mine steady increase. Does that make any sense?

Consumer Rating

My speaker when held to my ear was hardly audible. Think they referred to it as the ear piece. I have insurance and took it to Sprint corporate store in Totowa NJ. Lead rep looked at it and said he noted corrosion in charging port so I would need to upgrade or pay $150 to assurion for damage claim. Nothing wrong when charging phone or connecting it to computer. Never dropped in water and the issue is the speaker not working on top of phone. He wanted me to upgrade. Poor poor service and this is why. I went to the dealer I bought phone from who said they get a lot of complaints about the Totowa NJ store service and I should try the Union NJ store.

I went to the Corporate store in Union NJ on Rt22. where lead tech rep Victor Cancellieri Look at the phone. Said nothing about corrosion and he did not note any butalso said he could not provide new phone w/o deductable because my phone has a very small crack in screen (yep been there like a year). He however took the time to open phone and check out speaker which was simply clogged inside (dirty). He cleaned it out and it works very good again.

He did a good job where as Totowa can't be bothered I guess with service and made me want to switch back to my old carrier Verizon or try one of the others. Poor service matters. Oh it is a 2plus yr old Galaxy 3. I have 3 of them and and I phone 5 on the plan. If I had to deal with Totowa I'd switch carriers. Victors help saved Sprint a customer as I felt like I was not helped and mislead in Totowa. I could tell they just wanted to get me to upgrade.

Consumer Rating

Omg where do I start. On Dec 31 2014 I tried Sprints cut your bill in half deal. We were told had 14 day free no risk trial if not happy we can cancel. That same day when we arrived home we had NO SERVICE AT ALL at my home in fact we went onto roaming! I was told by Sprint that we should have never been sold phones because we were in a very poor coverage area. I attempted to return my phones only to be told there was a restocking fee of $108 I DONT THINK SO! The store representative was no help he told us to call customer service and get a return kit for the devices. It took over 2 weeks to get the return packs then Sprint didnt want to accept them! After a collection notice of 1,200$ and several calls with threats of attorney involvement they took the phones back. NOW they are trying to get $110 out of me for the service that I had for the 12 days I had Sprint. Problem is I HAD NO SERVICE and I just spent another hour of my life on the phone with them on hold and being transferred from rep to rep. I will NEVER recommend this company to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consumer Rating

My daughter was due for an upgrade on her phone, she went into the local Sprint store in our area, she was pushed into getting an Ipad, that she did not want or need. The sales person, told her that her service would not go up and no charges for activating, she got the phone she wanted and was pushed into what was suppose to be a great promotion. The bill has almost doubled and I have spoke with customer service, 3 times at length regarding this matter. You can have the Ipad back and change my plan back as it was. I have always gotten good service from Sprint, but this is wrong, the salesclerk, she lied and should not be so pushy. I spoke with a rep this afternoon, and she said there was not way she could get someone in management to call me, I ask to speak with a supervisor and she put me on hold and left me for over 5 minutes and then I hung up. I would appreciate a telephone call from someone in mgmt as soon as possible, so I can get this matter resolved. We don't and didn't want the Ipad. Please send me an email to confirm that you have received this email.

Consumer Rating

I am having a similar problem to what it looks like everyone else is having. I purchased three phones in November 2014. After having the phones for 4 BUSINESS DAYS I returned the phones. I paid the stocking fees at that time. I paid the usage charges at that time. I was told by the manager at the store in buford ga that my account was paid in full...... In Feb-2015 I was contacted by a collection agency telling me I owed $2800. The branch I returned the phones to did not credit the phones that I turned in to my account. So at that time I returned to the store talked to the same manager that had assured me that everything was taken care of....He apologized and said he would take care of it. Then comes march. I received another bill for $345. I called and talked to customer service and ended up paying $170 for a bill that he couldn't even explain. Honestly I just wanted to pay it so I wouldn't have to deal with SPRINT ever again. So I was told at that time my account was taken care of. Well its march. Imagine, I get another bill. This time its for $280 dollars. I called again and of course customer service told me I owe this bill. I have asked for a bill to be sent to my home address that breaks down all my charges and what exactly the charges are for. I would like someone to contact me from sprint that can actually help me resolve these issues. I would hope that this can be resolved without me having to move forward with an attorney.

Consumer Rating

I’m writing to you to ask for your help. I have been in contact with service regarding this issue over the last 6 months or so. My 13 year old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia (ALL) last May. She received a bone marrow transplant at the end of October. In December, her stomach lining tore due to her excessive vomiting which required surgery and recently, she won a battle with pneumonia which almost killed her. I have a full time job as a teacher but have had to take a great deal of time out of work. I’ve run out of sick days so any time I take out of work is without pay. Our cell phones have been our lifeline and I have been doing my best to pay as much as I can when I can. As of yesterday, I was told that our phones will be shut off tomorrow if I don’t pay at least $158.00. Between my daughter’s medical expenses, not getting paid for time that she is in the hospital, trying to prevent us from being homeless, keeping at least a little bit of food in the house and trying my best to keep her twin brother from crumbling from the terror that he might actually lose his best friend, I simply don’t have the money. I am not asking for a hand out, I’m just asking for some help, just a little time. I reduced our plan to as little as possible and it has still been a struggle. In fact, I reduced our plan so much that as of yesterday, we went over our shared data. I couldn’t change my plan because of the past due. I have been a customer with Sprint for 5 years and its only been within the last 6 months that I have struggled to pay my bill. I tried to borrow the money but everyone I know has given so much to help with my daughter’s treatment, there is nothing left. I am out of options and this is my last ditch effort. Based on the comments I’ve read online and through personal experience, I’m not really expecting anyone to read or respond to this but I have to at least try. At least I know I’ve tried everything I could. Thank you for your time and attention.

Consumer Rating

Charged credit card $589.32 for an $98.22 bill. When informed of their error customer service agents Justin Y, John S, and Tyler, were unhelpful and resentful. Terrible customer service experienced at Highland, MI store 536. Perhaps if they spent less time playing on their personal cell phones they may have been able to attend to the customer needs of the store. Would have given a zero rating if possible.

Consumer Rating

Every time I need help I call sprint. Sprint always put you on hold for 2 to 3 mins and then they give you the wrong answer. The sprint stores and the call center are not in the same page and they couldn't lower my and you get no help. I can't even get my breakdown on my final. That why move to t mobile cause they are a better company. I will tell everybody that sprints sucks!

Consumer Rating

purchased new phone and insurance from and through Best Buy. Upon activation, we asked Sprint to make sure old insurance plan for old device was cancelled. It was 6 months later when I discovered they'd continued to charge me the insurance premium for the old device no longer in use. I offered to show them receipts from Best Buy for phone and insurance. They said it was my faulty that i didn't catch it sooner. Isn't "Theft By Taking" still a crime in this country?

Consumer Rating

on 4-3-15 me and my wife went to the sprint store to take her phone that was not working. this was the 3 time taking the phone to them and every time it was not fixed properly. by the time i took the phone in the screen was pitch black. the technician said it was possible water damage, i told him how can this be if none of the sensor where showing water damage. the phone was never splashed or dipped in water. the next day i went to get a second opinion at a different store and the store manager ex technician said it was a bad screen. he sent us back to the same store were the other tech said it was water damage. when we arrived and were helped by the tech he was already mad that we went to get a second opinion. he was very unprofessional in front of the store manager. he wouldn't let me talk and i had to tell him to be quiet. he then refused to help me and asked me in a daring way to repeat what i said.

i told him he was unprofessional and had a big mouth. he was moving in a way were it looked like he wanted to fight me. finally the store manager made him open the phone again and he didn't point out water damage until the tech said there it was. i asked him to show me the sensors that show water damage and he said there weren't any. so i asked hoe did he just assumed all this since he couldnt prove water damage. he basically said his word against mine. i cant believe he can just do this to people . we have a family plan and pay almost $700 a month. what hurts even more is to have to pay damages on a phone when it had un fixed issues and they were not fixed until the screen gave out and they just said water damage. what an easy way to solve a problem. this tech was even being respectful to my wife in my presence. i have never experienced this poor customer service with someone acting like they want to fight you. i need to report this to BBB if i cannot get this issue resolved.

Consumer Rating

I was offered a tablet, I agreed to take the offer. I explained to the rep that I was getting the tablet for my daughter to add the data block on the tablet to prevent her from going over the data usage. She assured me that she set everything up. Unfortunately after a month, the tablet that was supposed to be $15/m turned out to be $175, when I called customer care they advise me to take the tablet back to the store that I purchased it from . When I returned to the store I was shocked at the way the rep treated me, she told me that my daughter removed the block that she had on their, mind you my child is 7. From then on every month it's a different issue with my bill, they charged me $200 early termination fee when I didn't even terminate any service with them. I can't wait for my contract to be over with so I could part my ways with sprint. ANGRY AND UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!

Consumer Rating

I have been with your company for three years (more or less); however, I do have a history of making payment arrangement frequently. I do make the payment arrangement as agreed. My barrier(s), I called Thursday as agreed to give a different card number in order to draft the payment I agreed to pay(documentation); however, Tkeyah didn’t change the card number, and the money was drafted from the wrong account ( My son's account). This is not acceptable (caused problems for my son’s bank- bills). The representatives don’t take note correctly and cause problems for me (customer). The information you give the representatives is recorded wrong and makes the customer seem as though the customer is wrong because of bad documentation on their end. Therefore, if the information is recorded- why the information cannot be pulled up in order to see who is wrong the customer or your representatives (constantly requested to view the recordings)? The representatives’ notes are recorded wrong frequently. Also, I requested my son card number to be taken off the record.

Consumer Rating

Been a Sprint customer for over 6 years. Service and customer care getting worse by the year. Now they are saying I owe money when I don't! Do they think we are all idiots??

Contact the Sprint Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Sprint. What is their corporate mailing address?

Not available. Click here to file your Sprint complaint online.

• I want to call the Sprint customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

Not available. Click here to file your Sprint complaint online.

• I need to visit the Sprint company website. What is their website address?