Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Carolyn
Jan 26, 2015 - Baltimore, MD
Poor

In December of 2014 we purchased 2 Apple iphone6 devices through Sprint. We opted for the so-called easy pay plan. We were informed through the retailer that we had 14 days to change our minds. The retailer showed us on the Sprint Website the information that stated if we did change our minds within 14 days they will waive any fees. Within 7 days we decided against that device, and, the devices we wanted Sprint did not offer. After much wrangling with VERY, VERY, VERY rude Sprint representatives the account was finally closed. The devices were returned. We purchased the devices we wanted but we could not keep our phone numbers, which we had before going to Sprint. Now, not only has Sprint stolen my phone number, which I have had for 15 years, they deny taking ownership of MY phone number. My current provider accessed their port center and knows they did steal my number. When I contacted Sprint, I was told that we have a current balance of $229.00 for 5 days. Had we stayed with Sprint our MONTHLY bill would have been $160.00. Not only are we not going to pay that ridiculous fee, we are going to start a campaign with EVERY social media outlet warning people to avoid Sprint like the Black Plague. Since their fine print states you cannot file a class action suit, we will sue them independently, and, encourage millions of others to do the same. All I want is my phone number back. They are not only liars because they don't honor their contracts, THEY ARE THEIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Sprint just releases my number, and, honor their contract, I will gladly back off. Until then, I am prepared to blast them EVERYWHERE. And they currently have thousands of complaints already. That "cut your bill in half" is a TRAP! That's a slick way of saying we're going to rob you of everything we can!!!! My goal is to finally put them OUT OF BUSINESS!!! And I won't stop until I succeed if they don't return my phone number PROMPTLY!!!!!!!!!

Have you had problems with Sprint?

Compare Sprint to Similar Cell Phones more...

Top 191 Reviews about Sprint

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Sprint customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I added a line and signed a new 2 year agreement for a free iPhone 4s. Every time I switch to a so-called lower plan like the family share plan which is suppose to be 100 per month plus all my fees ins and other the bill, was said to be no more than165. Now I got a text that I will be charged 25 extra because I got a discounted phone. How if that was the reason for signing another 2 year agreement. My bill has not been lower than 223 since I added another line in Aug.

I have tried many different plans and have been gaurenteed a lower bill but they always find a way to add fees and additional charges. I am at my wits end and am ready to terminate and let them take me to collections. I am to the point I don't care anymore

Horrible

I have been a customer since 2001 and I have given so much money to sprint and the service is no that good. I live in the NY area and work in Staten Island the service out her is bad. The plan that I have had for over five years has increased a lot. My bill was suppose to be 149.99 a month plus taxes and I can't even catch up with my extra charges when my phone gets cut off. I am at the end of the road with Sprint and I want out. I would really like a responds from Sprint.

Horrible

I have been a customer of Sprint for 10+ years. I am being treated unfair and unexcuseable. My problem started about 2 months ago when I purchased 3 HTC M8 for 3 of my lines. The day I brought the phones home is the day my life has turned upside down.

I am not recieving phone calls, text or voicemails on any of my 3 lines. I have been in and out the Sprint store, called any times, spoken to many different reps, have 2 tickets put in and never once has anyone got back to me on those tickets.

I REFUSE to continuously explain my situation over and over again. When you review my acct please pay close attention to the notes and my phone calls I'm NOT receiving. This is a never ending issue and I'm fed up. I have not recieved any phone calls sine 4/30/15 today is 5/5/15. This entire situation is going no where fast.

Please contact me or I WILL DISCONNECT MY SERVICE! THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS! I AM FED UP!! IF I DONT NOT HEAR FROM ANY ONE IN 24 HRS I WILL CANCEL.

I would say thank you but I have NOTHING to be thankful for, hopefully you can fix that.

Horrible

My son went into the Sprint store to pay my bill and was approached by a sale associate about purchasing a tablet for 15 extra dollars a month. After the bill got very high, they sent a text message to my phone. When I spoke to my son, he told me, what was told to him. I sent him and my husband into the store to return the tablet.

At that time, they told them that I needed to be present. I didn't understand that because they gave it to him without my approval which is against their store policy. I have been with Sprint for 10 years. They have disconnected the phones lines and they are planning on sending it to collection which I will fight against. I am very disappointed with the way they have handle this issue. It has been going on for months now. Sprint is buying out contracts from customers that they don't know wether they will paid on time and here I am paying each month on time and this is how they treat me. The store is location in Georgia at Stonecrest Mall.

Horrible

I opened a line at a sprint store in October, it was the promotion for the iPhone 6 where you pay 50 dollars monthly as you pay off your phone. Due to my credit, they made me pay a 250 dollar deposit to open the line. From day 1 the service was terrible and if you check the notes on my account you would see that I was always calling to have my phone trouble shot because the data hardly worked and all my calls would drop.

At one point, they told me there was a tower issue and things should get better but it never did. Sprint even gave me a credit to my account once because I was experiencing so many issues with the phone which was the only nice thing Sprint has ever done for me for the short time that I was a customer.

Not only did I have terrible service but Sprint also over-charged me several times on my bill. With my 50 dollar plan, my insurance, and my monthly payment for my phone, my bill was about 85 dollars a month, but I was charged over 100 dollars on about 3 different occasions.

When I called to ask about these charges they told me that I was charged for help maintaining my bill because I did not have a payment plan set up. I kindly let them know that it isn't right to charge people for "help" that they didn't ask for, and that I in fact did have a payment plan set up so what they were telling me didn't make any sense.

The following month or two, I was charged again, and I had to call again and the charge was removed again. I finally got fed up with dropped calls, terrible data and being over charged for it that I decided I wanted to cancel my service with Sprint altogether. I called and spoke with a customer care rep on two different occasions both of which told me that I would get my deposit back in a check in 6 to 8 weeks along with another check containing the negative balance on my account. I was so happy I quickly paid off my phone entirely and ported my number to T-Mobile.

I have called Sprint over 20 times to inquire about my deposit. They transfer me back and forth to different reps, they even made me make a trip back to the Sprint store where I bought my phone because a rep was telling me that I never even made a deposit on the account and that the only payment he was seeing in his system was the one I made for my phone.

Dealing with Sprint was very frustrating because it was like no one knows what they are talking about, every rep has something different to say, and now they are telling me that I forfeited that deposit when I cancelled my contract. I let the rep know that I never had a contract, and he informed me that I still would not be getting any money back. I am not sure if I was misinformed about getting the money back, but I really don't think its fair that you call people for help that are supposed to know what they are talking about, and they are giving you wrong information. It is also not fair that I was a good customer who paid my bill on time every month and this company would try to sneak extra payments on my bill that I didn't ask for. If there is anything anyone can do to help it would be appreciated.

Horrible

I have never had a Sprint account, phone, or anything else. In March 2014, I had my debit card stolen. I contacted my bank to cancel the card. Before this could be done, the perpetrator opened a Sprint account in my name with ONLY THIS ID!

All address information and other personal information was falsified. They did not even have my driver's license and your organization didn't even check ID. I have received no mail even regarding this account and now I owe $1,500 for your company's negligence in allowing an account to be opened in my name with false signatures and improper ID.

In June 2014, Sprint called and alerted me to the issue, and I explained what occurred. You said it would be resolved. Now, in May 2015, you have sent it to collections.

I request the following:
1. The account be cleared of all charges.
2. My credit rating be restored.
3. The employee who approved the account be terminated (they are in on this scam).

You have 10 days to respond before a complaint is filed with the Attorney General's office. I will then ask for you to produce all copies of documents, identification records, and signature pages by which I will easily prove the account was made fraudulently and negligently, and whereby I will be requesting additional damages.

I have no account number because I have never received ANY mail about this account.

Horrible

We have wi-fi through Sprint. For several years, we paid each month $62.69. I get a Sprint bill today for $562.69!! I called customer service and the past month our usage was 3x the usual, but we had no warnings about going over. The rep said she had to check with financing. They offer just $150 off, and the rep said she would try our supervisor. He gets on after 15 minutes. He tried to explain how I went over. I said our usage was 3x the usual but the charge was 8x the usual. He was really abrupt and really rude and said "That's not how it works". The total call with all the holding took 50 MINUTES!!

Horrible

I have been a customer of Sprint for 13 years and never have I been more disappointed with them than I am now. In November, I got 4 new phones and was supposed to receive a $15 loyalty credit every month for 2 years. Every time I receive my bill I have to call and get those credits added to my bill. I keep getting reassured that I won't have to call again, but I still am. Can someone please take of this the right way so I don't keep getting stressed out when I get my bill? I hate to say it, but I really am looking into going to another phone company once this plan is up. sorry...

Horrible

Have been a good customer for about 10 years and keep saying I am leaving. Have been treated rudely at a store several times and on phone more.. Went in very ill when on chemotherapy and a very rude associate basically told me my situation was nothing as he had to leave Sprint to good work at this Dads ranch. Ok...I was fighting for my life, Went in to ask what I could do another time as my battery on iPhone 5 wasn't staying charged. Told them I was waiting a couple of weeks for the new iPhone 6. The associate told me I would be waiting a long time as they didn't even have specs yet. Two weeks later they came out. There is so much. I have been trying get on family plan for years and was told I could not?? I have my son and I both on plan. Finally after all these years I got serious and told Spring I was through. They put me on a plan and said I wouldn't owe for 2 months. Not true. I paid. Better than paying almost $200.00 every month but I have been lied to so much and treated rudely and will not sign another contract with Sprint just as many of my friends are not. Sprint does not care about anything but money. 10 years of lies. The only good thing about Sprint is one manager that used to be at the Grand Prairie store. He was exceptional. The last supervisor I spoke to was so rude so he did it for me and he lied, also. Sprint truly needs to learn what real customer service is. This good customer is through.

Horrible

I am supposed to be charged $151.00 per month. I have called about this twice, both times I was told that I would get a bill for a higher amount, but not to worry about this, on the first of the month the bill would be $151.00. The first month the bill did change to $151.00, now this month it did not . The last time I talked to the lady at Sprint and told her I did not want to have to call every month, she said don't worry, I would not have to. I am a senior and living on a fixed income, my next step will be to contact AARP and the local paper, for senior abuse, I am tired of trying to fix this every month.

Bad

I double checked with store to see if they would assist in installing my screen protector which is still under warranty. They instructed me to order it and bring it in. I bought it in and Justin the sales rep that helped me was no longer employed there. The store manager said they never had a Justin working at store (big lie cause I spoke with Justin twice). They said they would not help me and not obligated to....which is fine...but why would they instruct me to order the replacement and bring it in is what I don't understand. Everyone at the store was rude!!!! No customer service at this location. They are not to be trusted. Everyone just be careful!!!

Horrible

I keep getting over charged on my phone bill and I am not even receiving the bills! I cannot access my account online either. The agents are keeping me on hold for a supervisor or the calls "drop" meaning that I am not able to talk to anyone! My phone is constantly disconnected and I have to keep it on the charger to reconnect. I am so sick of Spring and there awful service that I want to terminate my service immediately! I am done with this hassle.

Horrible

I called Sprint customer service March 1,2015 to have my 2 phone changed over to the new program for $60 each phone, which included unlimited text, long distance, etc. I have called twice to have the service switch and it has still not taken place. Both Supervisors assure me it will be taken care of and my home phone service will be terminated but its still on. I should only have 2 cell phones and a tablet to be making payment on.

Bad

I purchased a speaker from the Homewood Illinois Sprint store and I went to return it they told be they could not give me cash back because of the amount even though I paid in cash. I accepted the fact they couldn't give me my refund back in cash and that I had to wait 3-5 business days for the refund. It is now almost 4 weeks later and have yet to receive the refund. I contacted the store on 2 different occasions and both times the Store Manager wasn't in to speak to me and handle the situation. I called customer service 3 times and they also told me they would have the manager contact me to resolve the issue and that they would call me to make sure the issue was resolved and they never did. I find myself going back and forth for a refund that is due to me! It's bad enough I made my purchase in cash and they are making me wait for a check but it has been almost 4 weeks and I haven't received anything. Considering my service isn't important to Sprint at this point I will be canceling my 4 lines I have with them soon as I can get a day off to switch over to another carrier considering the other carriers are now paying for your cancellation fee!!!

Horrible

I had sprint phone contract from 12/22/14 to 12/29/14 from BEST BUY. Returned it to BEST BUY and received return slip. BEST BUY called sprint to make sure contract was cancelled and how much. sprint rep. said 'No Charge' since only 7 days of the 14 day 'FREE TRIAL' period was used. Called sprint first week of Jan 2015. There rep said show return slip from BEST BUY to local sprint store manager. I did, He called his Boss, who agreed no money was owed. Mar 10 2015, collection notice from ALLIEDInterstate. I owe $76.55 for trial period or credit would be adversely affected! Paid money to keep good credit. This is my Husbands email. sprint wants regular payments on closed account 552714756! Impossible so far to contact sprint where they don't just hangup on Me! I am NOT paying another dime. Please cease and desist your Harassment !payment is due on 4/18/15. I guess I go to court if necessary?

Bad

Friday, April 10th, 2015 I went into the Lewisville, Texas store, (360 E Roundgrove) and requested to have my Iphone 5 upgraded to the 6. I was informed that, that option was not available until April 2016. This is where the complaint comes in, I was told when I first purchased this phone in April 2014, that with paying for the phone monthly, I could upgrade yearly. I also was informed in November when I went into the store and called the customer service number to get information about getting the phone repaired that I would not be able to upgrade the phone until April 2015. So why was I advised on April 10, 2015, that i couldn't upgrade at the time?

I received exceptional customer service in the store from Paul Urteaga. This young man didn't want to see me upset or leave the store in this manner, knowing that I could drive down the street and become a new customer of AT&T's in a flash. Paul went the extra mile to try and push the upgrade by contacting customer service on the toll free number. However, I got a young man by the name of Andrew who didn't care that I have been a loyal customer of Sprint's since 2010 and has questioned my bill being at 270.00 or 240.00 on a monthly basis several times but still remained a customer when several phone carriers state you can get 4 lines for a hundred dollars. My calls drop, and recently I have noticed that my text messages on Sunday won't come through until Monday, but I bit my lip and continued with Sprint. The last of my patience occurred Friday. Apparently, this 2 year upgrade was a recent change by Sprint, it had to take place from the last time I spoke with the company in November because all the representatives and the computers was under the impression that I could upgrade in April of 2015. Why wasn't I informed of this change? Why am I penalized by the change when it was a Corporate decision and I was informed of something else when I signed for my Iphone in April 2014? Andrew provided poor customer service and didn't care that he should try to talk to his supervisor to grant the upgrade. Feel free to pull the call and hear how he provided little empathy for my situation. Luckily, Paul informed me that I will need to pay extra monthly to get a yearly upgrade on my phones however I hope when I do visit the store in a year, I won't be informed something else because of a Corporate decision. Although, I doubt in a year, I will be looking forward to staying with Sprint. It seems as if loyal customers mean nothing to this company, heck new customers get their bills cut in half but mine steady increase. Does that make any sense?

Horrible

My speaker when held to my ear was hardly audible. Think they referred to it as the ear piece. I have insurance and took it to Sprint corporate store in Totowa NJ. Lead rep looked at it and said he noted corrosion in charging port so I would need to upgrade or pay $150 to assurion for damage claim. Nothing wrong when charging phone or connecting it to computer. Never dropped in water and the issue is the speaker not working on top of phone. He wanted me to upgrade. Poor poor service and this is why. I went to the dealer I bought phone from who said they get a lot of complaints about the Totowa NJ store service and I should try the Union NJ store.

I went to the Corporate store in Union NJ on Rt22. where lead tech rep Victor Cancellieri Look at the phone. Said nothing about corrosion and he did not note any butalso said he could not provide new phone w/o deductable because my phone has a very small crack in screen (yep been there like a year). He however took the time to open phone and check out speaker which was simply clogged inside (dirty). He cleaned it out and it works very good again.

He did a good job where as Totowa can't be bothered I guess with service and made me want to switch back to my old carrier Verizon or try one of the others. Poor service matters. Oh it is a 2plus yr old Galaxy 3. I have 3 of them and and I phone 5 on the plan. If I had to deal with Totowa I'd switch carriers. Victors help saved Sprint a customer as I felt like I was not helped and mislead in Totowa. I could tell they just wanted to get me to upgrade.

Horrible

Omg where do I start. On Dec 31 2014 I tried Sprints cut your bill in half deal. We were told had 14 day free no risk trial if not happy we can cancel. That same day when we arrived home we had NO SERVICE AT ALL at my home in fact we went onto roaming! I was told by Sprint that we should have never been sold phones because we were in a very poor coverage area. I attempted to return my phones only to be told there was a restocking fee of $108 I DONT THINK SO! The store representative was no help he told us to call customer service and get a return kit for the devices. It took over 2 weeks to get the return packs then Sprint didnt want to accept them! After a collection notice of 1,200$ and several calls with threats of attorney involvement they took the phones back. NOW they are trying to get $110 out of me for the service that I had for the 12 days I had Sprint. Problem is I HAD NO SERVICE and I just spent another hour of my life on the phone with them on hold and being transferred from rep to rep. I will NEVER recommend this company to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad

My daughter was due for an upgrade on her phone, she went into the local Sprint store in our area, she was pushed into getting an Ipad, that she did not want or need. The sales person, told her that her service would not go up and no charges for activating, she got the phone she wanted and was pushed into what was suppose to be a great promotion. The bill has almost doubled and I have spoke with customer service, 3 times at length regarding this matter. You can have the Ipad back and change my plan back as it was. I have always gotten good service from Sprint, but this is wrong, the salesclerk, she lied and should not be so pushy. I spoke with a rep this afternoon, and she said there was not way she could get someone in management to call me, I ask to speak with a supervisor and she put me on hold and left me for over 5 minutes and then I hung up. I would appreciate a telephone call from someone in mgmt as soon as possible, so I can get this matter resolved. We don't and didn't want the Ipad. Please send me an email to confirm that you have received this email.

Bad

I am having a similar problem to what it looks like everyone else is having. I purchased three phones in November 2014. After having the phones for 4 BUSINESS DAYS I returned the phones. I paid the stocking fees at that time. I paid the usage charges at that time. I was told by the manager at the store in buford ga that my account was paid in full...... In Feb-2015 I was contacted by a collection agency telling me I owed $2800. The branch I returned the phones to did not credit the phones that I turned in to my account. So at that time I returned to the store talked to the same manager that had assured me that everything was taken care of....He apologized and said he would take care of it. Then comes march. I received another bill for $345. I called and talked to customer service and ended up paying $170 for a bill that he couldn't even explain. Honestly I just wanted to pay it so I wouldn't have to deal with SPRINT ever again. So I was told at that time my account was taken care of. Well its march. Imagine, I get another bill. This time its for $280 dollars. I called again and of course customer service told me I owe this bill. I have asked for a bill to be sent to my home address that breaks down all my charges and what exactly the charges are for. I would like someone to contact me from sprint that can actually help me resolve these issues. I would hope that this can be resolved without me having to move forward with an attorney.

Contact the Sprint Complaint Department