Customer Satisfaction Results

Samsung

Complaint Department

Posted by Chuck La Mont on Jan 14, 2015
Customer Rating

The worst of the worst experience ever with Samsung, 7 phone hours with Samsung customer support to NO avail in assisting with setting up this entertainment system. The off shore rep's are the worst, polite yes, experienced NO, language barrier YES. They have NO clue as to how to assist the customer with the Samsung product making it operational and then when THEY get frustrated while talking to the customer they'll transfer you to someone else who equally has no experience in assisting, even worse the JUST HANG UP, oh yes the will JUST HANG UP on the customer. In short Samsung has NO experienced support staff, and if your a customer or thinking of becomming a Samsung customer be warned if you should be in need of Tech support and should have to call their off-shore support staff.

28 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Samsung provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Samsung?

Compare Samsung to Similar Electronics more...

More Samsung Complaints

Customer Rating

I recently bought a Samsun refrigerator and when my contractor installed it, he scratched it. No big deal. I thought I would just get some touch up paint from Samsung. Well, I called your 1-800-726-7864 number and your parts number and they were not able to help me with the color. I find this hard to believe. Is there someone who can help. The refrigerator I have is model number RF32FMQDBSR/AA. It has a stainless steel front with a dark gray side and it’s the side that is scratched .

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

My Samsung S4 from Sprint caught on fire while charging. Upon returning the phone to Sprint I was told all S4's the catch on fire have to be returned to Samsung. On Jan 12 2015 I returned the phone. It was returned to me 7 days later with all major components (including PCB) replaced. I tried to activate the phone with no luck. I took the phone to the local Sprint store and was told that Samsung had changed my IMEI and the new one was not on the Sprint network. The Sprint rep told me I would have to contact Samsung. As of today (2/23/2015) I have called Samsung 19 times with over 30 hours on the phone. The first obstacle is to get to the 'executive team'. This is the code name for the product liability group. The 1st level support team is trained very well not to let you reach the executive team, but this is the only path to reach that team. Of the times I have got through to them I have been told that the technician made a mistake and they would fix it, that is was a sprint problem, and finally that it was my problem. Another common response is that they will call me back. It is clear Samsung will never resolve this issue. Meantime I have bricked phone that I continue to pay for every month. On 2/7/2015 I filled an official complaint on Samsung's website. As of today (2/23/2015) I have received no response to this complaint.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Samsung customer support is managed and operated by fucking morons. I have made ten fucking calls into there from level 1 to managers and none of them will fix any of the problems to a samsung mini4. the phillipino call center is stacked with support personnel that do not understand or can speak english let alone solve your problem. Samsung sucks i wish i never bought their phone. Samsung support is nonexistant and is staffed by morons and phillipinos that do not speak english.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Hi there, I appreciate your response to this matter. I did trying doing a soft reset on this phone. After searching the internet, I have found that this is a known issue with this phone. I have went to several websites with user describing the same issue I am having with my Nexus.

I have over 10 hours of troubleshooting invented in this phone with no help. Yesterday, I worked with a tech support person online from Samsung. I must say, I wish I did more research before buying this phone.

I bought a new Samsung Note 2 for a Christmas gift and having serious doubts about keeping it. Lucky for me, Verizon was nice enough to set my activation date until 12/22. After all my time and the money invested, I’m extremely disappointed. Please see the links I provided below.

As you will see, I am one of many people having this same issue. Unfortunately unsuspecting people have bought this devise without knowing there could be potential issues.

Since this isn’t a company known issue, is there any recommendation you can provide to get this phone up and working again? I’ve tried a list worthy of methods for troubleshooting. Any advice you could provide would be very helpful

Thanks,
Micheline

Customer Rating

I have purchased a 42" Samsung TV in 2008 and it was used very little. After two years the TV would not turn on, had a repair man come. He fixed the power compacitor, as it noted in all the defaults on this TV. After a few months, the power supply went out again, repair came back, fixed again. He said if it went out again it would be my responsibility to have it repaired and paid for.

It again is out, appears to be the same problem. No power. I have been without a TV for 8 mos. now. Please advise or prorate my usage and send refund so I can buy another TV that is realiable. I pd. $600 for this TV at Circuit City.

Please respond as to how this will be handled. This is my second request and am disappointed that I have never heard anything. At least be courteous enough to reply.--Linda

Customer Rating

I purchased a samsung 60" 8 series tv and have had a smart feature app problems since day one. I have spoken to technical support a dozen times over two months. The problem couldn't be resolved over the phone service the first time. Which then I was told I have to wait 3 weeks to find out if they can fix it or not. My question is if they couldn't fix it why didn't they organise a tech to come to my house to try and fix it. I have been waiting over 2 months now I shouldn't have to keep waiting. I just want to go and replace it. This falls back on samsung so why should I be put at any more inconveniene then I already have.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Nick on 09/02/2013 at IP address 101.119.14.64 using our Samsung complaint form. This opinions contained in this Samsung customer review titled, "Unprofessional technical service" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Had a Samsung for only 5 months and have had nothing but problems. Bought it brand new. Customer care needs to get together and get on the same page you get different answers and suggestions from everyone you talked to. They have me running from store to store to fix my problem and when I get to the stores and tell them the problem and customer care told me to come the employees look at me and say customer care said that.!!!

Customer care sent you!!! So what customer care says and suggests the att@t stores are not on board with. So I have got nothing resolved. Just wasted gas running. I will never recommend att@t to anyone again and will rip all att@t products out of my home. The u verse my phone, and Internet. I am done!!! There is no point to this complaint I am sure probably wont hear from anyone!!

Customer Rating

I would like to file a complaint against one of your employees working at the Samsung Support phone hotline . He only identified himself as Scef and refused to give his surname. The incident happened on Monday 2 February 2015 around 15.20. I inquired about a printer problem with a Samsung C140 that was delivered today. The issue is that the printer does not work although the installation was successful. More specifically it says that there was no paper while paper was inserted in the tray. Scef claimed that the problem lied with the paper. i reassured him on several occasions that it was standard paper used in my office although i was unable to give the exact make of the paper. he was unwilling to provide further assistance unless i was able to give exact details of the make and weight of the paper used.

I wasted a lot of time and the employee was clearly unhelpful and he offered no help in solving the problem. On top of that he also gave me a non-existing complaints email address - most likely in bad faith. In my opinion such a person is not suitable for a job at an online telephone support helpdesk.

Customer Rating

Purchased a 64 in Samsung in December 2015 lasted 3 months rang Samsung and tech came out and said will take two months to replace part and they will give me another tv wich took two months to get . Second tv lasted 4 months and they replaced 3 screens in two weeks .Teck said he will send his report for an exchange tv rang Samsung customer care and and keep on getting told it is getting reviewed and that's allready taken 4 weeks and we have got no tv to watch . Have taken six days of work waiting for Samsung tecks and they have not turned up on two of those days . Sent 8 emails to my case manager to respond or ring me back for answers keep on getting told he will contact you within 24 to 48 hours no response . Samsung are an absolute disgrace

Customer Rating

The battery keeps draining despite charging it for all night and day. When I talk on the phone people say they can not hear me . They keep telling me they can not hear me clearly. People on the other end keep telling me my voice is breaking up and the I keep cutting out . When people leave voice mail it shows up few days later . The Samsung Galaxy Apps screen shows a different time rather than the current time . As I am writing this 9.13 pm on 03/31/2015 it is showing the time is 02/20/2015 10.49 pm. So please help me . I am not pleased with this phone .

Can you please help me with these issues .

Customer Rating

Hi, I am currently a samsung customer, i own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, i purchased the phone about 3 months ago and the phone has given me problems since day 1. i went back to where i purchased the phone and i was told i had to take it to a samsung store to get it looked at. i then took it to samsung repair centre in Teddington, where i was told my phone would be there for 2 days maxiumum. Today is 3 weks since my phone has been there. i spoke to a manager (Glen) at Teddington today and he told me the parts for my phone has still not arrived in store.

I'm very dissapointed with the customer service i have recieved throughout this process, i feel like samsung has not done a good job in dealing with this matter. up to this day all im getting is apologies and this has not helped me in no way. my phone has been in repairs for 3 weeks and i haven't had the phone for 6 months. The Teddington repair centre told me they basically have to change all the parts on my phone which meansthe phone is no good. if that is the case why is samsung not issuing me a completely new phone, when after all this time i might get this old one back and it might just incure the same issue again as there is no guarntee that it will be completely fixed. Right now i am fuming at the situation and something needs to be done about this on my behalf.

Customer Rating

I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 Phone for 1 year 10 days. I have been having issues with it starting and stopping on its own. Last night it got bad enough that I can not use it. I went to Verizon they said it needs replaced and want $500 + to replace it. This is a bunch of BULL. i have had cell phones since the 90s and never had to have 1 replaced. I am losing all my contact numbers and photos. I think Samsung should stand behing thier products. Please respond!!

Customer Rating

I am using Samsung duos which is 30 months old i am having problem cetain function are not working i went to your service center in mira road. The answer i got was surprising they said the mobile might get dead and we are not responsible for it .if your cannot repair i should get it in the same condition not in dead condition.

Customer Rating

We purchased a Samsung refrigerator from a Sears Outlet store in September of 2013. We were told by the Sears Outlet manager that everything they sold, including what we purchased, was covered by an original manufacturer warranty. So naturally when our fridge broke down in the first month we called Samsung and they arranged for service. The local service company came out and diagnosed a sealed system issue, but the technician that came to repair it afterwards disagreed and said there was something wrong with a fan. We took his word for it and the fridge seemed to work a little better, but not by much. Within a couple of months we were calling Samsung again to set up service. 4 service calls and 3 misdiagnoses later over the course of the next 8 months the sealed system was finally replaced and we were told nothing else could really be done. Fine. 4 months later there was no coolant in the fridge.

We called Samsung and they told us there was nothing they could do because the fridge was now out of warranty. We were still receiving offers by mail at the time to buy an extended warranty at an exorbitant expense. We contacted the service company and they offered to come out, but we would have to cover the diagnostic cost. We were desperate for help at this point so we paid for the diagnostic. They confirmed there was no coolant in the fridge and sent a picture to Samsung proving it. After about a week, we heard from the service company that we would be receiving an exchange unit. Great, we thought. Then I got an email from Samsung saying that instead we would be offered a buyback and that if our fridge was out of warranty, it would be prorated. Not so great, we thought. All they needed was a copy of our receipt.

A representative gave us her name, phone number, and an email address to reply to. We replied right away with the receipt but naturally they did not receive it. I tried the number the representative gave me a few times and waited about a week before giving up and calling Samsung's main line. That's when I found out that the receipt had not been received, they didn't know who I was talking about that sent us the original email, and I should have sent the receipt to a different email address. So I sent the receipt to a different address and waited a couple more days before calling again. When I called, I was given over to executive support and someone had to find the email I sent, pull the receipt, and attach it to our case while I was on the call. After waiting about twenty minutes I was told that Sears Outlet is not a certified dealer of Samsung products and that our buyback would not be honored. I was so angry I simply said "fine" and hung up.

We went to the Sears Outlet store in person to tell our story and after speaking with the manager we found out that the change to the warranty policy was only made in 2014; after we bought our fridge. I'm now waiting until Monday to call Samsung again to try and have our case reopened and reviewed. We have been using our mini fridge (thank goodness we have one) for over a month now. I have spared the small details because our story is so long, but let me tell you, throughout this whole process we have felt lied to, put off, and have overall had a terrible experience working with Samsung and their local service company. At this point, we will most likely never, ever buy a Samsung product again. Do yourself a favor and avoid them. If anyone from Samsung is reading this, cares to confirm what I've written here, and wants to have a go a trying to make me a happy customer my ticket number was/is 4129267283 and the model of our fridge is RS261MDWP. Good luck.

Customer Rating

On November 28th last year I contacted Samsung to request a repair/replacement after my 64" series 5 tv started to have technical issues for a third time in less then 12 months. I am still waiting for assistance and have had an extremely unsatisfying experience with Samsung. I have made dozens and dozens of phone calls, been hung up on , been left on hold for up to 45 minutes at a time and then disconnected. When I asked to speak to a complaints department/personel , I was told that wasn't possible. No one will return my phone calls , emails, msgs etc. I honestly can not believe the extent that Samsung has gone to , to avoid finding a reasonable solution. At one stage in January my case was actually closed before being resolved. I am currently in contact with consumer affairs, and hopefully they can help, because clearly Samsung are not interested.

Customer Rating

I have a refrigerator that is only a few years out and I had to replace the complete display panel. I am very upset, because the frig is not that old. I did ask the Samsung tech to leave the part he replaced.

Customer Rating

Because my husband had been so ill over 2014 i bought him a samsung 5 s phone it started to go wrong after a few months it has been for repair twice i have just got it back from them again and it has exactly the same problem it looks like it has not been even looked at they do not want to listen and are a hopeless company!

Customer Rating

RE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 – REPAIRS: JOB NR 101145. I, Bryan Viljoen would like to hereby lay a complaint regarding my Samsung Galaxy S4 that I gave in for repairs. On Monday 4 January 2015 I took my phone to Dion Wired in Kolonade, Pretoria for repairs. The phone was having trouble charging, did not read the Sim card and just went off whenever I opened any application. Dion Wired informed me the phone will have to be sent in to Samsung repair center, they did not have the parts to fix it inside the store. They lady that helped me at that stage has since resigned and numerous promises has been made to inform me on when it would be ready for collection. I was told it could take up to 2 – 3 weeks and I can contact them to find out if it has been sent back from repairs.

The service at Dion Wired has been very bad and from talking to about 5 different employees no one could tell me anything. I phoned Samsung repairs center to en-quire just to be told that the phone was fixed and sent back. I received a message that I can collect my phone after about 2 weeks. I switched it on inserted my sim and got a message saying the phone has a virus and from there I could do nothing on the phone. They said the PC board was replaced but it was in a worse condition as when I gave it in the 1st time.

I took it back to Dion Wired in Kolonade Center and they said they will send it back to Samsung repair center and inform me yet again when it will be ready. I have been to the store numerous times, I have tried calling them at least 1 x a week and all I get is, the phone is not at Dion yet. Many attempts to get in contact with Samsung repair center directly failed and promises was made every time. My phone was at Edenvale and at one stage I was told my phone could be lost, they could not track it to where it was located, after that another employee at Samsung informed me that they do have the phone they just don’t have the correct parts and did order it. I waited another week and followed up after which they again gave me a few different reasons as to why the delay.

It has been almost 4 months since I first gave it in and I had to buy another phone, seeing that I use my phone for work and no one could give me a guide line as to how long the process will be. I not only enjoy my Samsung phone and wouldn't until now recommend any other device. I have been a client with Dion Wired for many years and have records of purchasing with them. I own more than one Samsung TV, other appliances (fridge, microwave, surround sound, Tablets) of Samsung, I bought Samsung phones for my children I convinced my whole family to switch to Samsung and I am not just disappointed in the service I have been receiving but it is extremely frustrating and UN-acceptable. My contract is due for upgrade in less than 4 months, but have been paying for my phone / contract the last 4 months and I don’t have my phone, I bought a Samsung mini pocket phone, thinking it will only be 3 weeks at most and 4 months later this brand new phone is hardly ever working.

I again followed up with Dion Wired and Samsung 24 March 2015 and finally got some help from Samsung Repairs telling me according to the system my camera is faulty, (which was not faulty when I gave it in the 1st or 2nd time) and that would be fixed very soon and they will inform me when I can collect again unable to give me an estimate time. I want Samsung or Dion Wired to either give me a new phone. I have been a loyal customer never miss installments but this is really an acceptable. I would like feedback on this matter ASAP or I will take this matter further, I will take this matter further with my lawyer since this matter is getting out of hand. The service I received is poor, no one can ever give me solid feedback.

Customer Rating

Dear Sir/Madam, I want express my extreme dissatisfaction with the service or lack thereof from your customer service unit. It is now approaching 10 months since I took in my broken phone for the repair of a cracked screen. It was only when I went to MM ALL Elect to collect my repaired phone, that l was informed that it had been stolen during a robbery. Therefore you did not even have the decency to advise me telephonically that my property had been stolen while in your possession.

Be that as it may, your poor service worsened when it has become a monumental battle just to retrieve the monetry value of my device or a new device to replace the stolen one, in good faith. I want to make it very clear that I do not want a random refurbished device, because it is not my property. I have waited for resolution and exercised a lot of patience regarding this matter. I require an expedient response, no later than the end of this week, as to whether I will receive the monetry value of my stolen device or I will receive a new one. Short of the abovementioned, I will have to escalate the matter to the legal resources available to me.

Customer Rating

Purchased an LED TV 5 years ago for $4500.00. The screen went on it a couple of months ago, the technican quoted me $500.00 but then the office phoned me and said it Was $1800.00. They gave me some pathetic excuse as to why it was so much more expensive. I lodged a complaint on the Samsung Website - no answer. I sent a letter to Samsung Customer Service over a month ago, still no answer. The TV has cost me $900.00 for each year I have had it. 5 years for a $4500.00 television is not good. I am happy to pay $500.00 as initially quoted but I can't get an answer from anyone. I am now thinking of going to Ombudsman as I can get no response.

Contact the Samsung Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Samsung. What is their corporate mailing address?

105 Challenger Rd., Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
  • I want to call the Samsung customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

973-601-6000
  • I need to visit the Samsung company website. What is their website address?