Samsung

Most Popular Complaint about Samsung

Posted by Complaints Department on Mar 29, 2014
Customer Rating

I recently bought a Samsun refrigerator and when my contractor installed it, he scratched it. No big deal. I thought I would just get some touch up paint from Samsung. Well, I called your 1-800-726-7864 number and your parts number and they were not able to help me with the color. I find this hard to believe. Is there someone who can help. The refrigerator I have is model number RF32FMQDBSR/AA. It has a stainless steel front with a dark gray side and it’s the side that is scratched .

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Samsung provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Samsung?

2.02 out of 5

Website

www.samsung.com

More Samsung Complaints

Customer Rating

This past Christmas I received a Samsung Gearfit device as a gift from my brother and his wife. The device was purchased from Samsung.Com website, and was shipped from Samsung factory in Mira Loma, California. The device was factory sealed in original box, I opened box on Christmas day. Device never turned on. There is no display on device. The device vibrates, but there is no display (it's supposed to be a 'smart watch')charging the battery on device does not help.

I called Samsung technical support on January 5 for assistance. Since that time I have called three more times, for a total of 4 'help desk tickets'. Each call ends the same way, the Samsung technician is stumped because the Gearfit device does not have IMEI number. Gearfit devices do not have IMEI numbers, only phones do, but the Samsung technician is baffled by this, I am told it will take 3 business days to review the issue and I will receive a call back, but I never do. I wait three days, even four days! Five days! Than I call Samsung again, and the entire process starts over. One time I received an email that my ticket has been closed and to call an 800 number to request further assistance (attached) and of course I followed directions and called the 800 number, which resulted in same spiel - need 3 days to investigate issue, you will receive call back.

I have original receipts, packing slip, box, device ... can someone please help with this?

Customer Rating

I recently purchased a 32 in smart tv which has 3D, I was very disappointed to find that tvs under 40 ins do not qualify for free glasses.The house I live in does not have rooms big enough to accommodate a 40+ size tv.I always buy Samsung whenever possible and have always been satisfied with your products.They say size doesn't matter but obviously in this case it does. Regards from dissapointed

Customer Rating

The worst of the worst experience ever with Samsung, 7 phone hours with Samsung customer support to NO avail in assisting with setting up this entertainment system. The off shore rep's are the worst, polite yes, experienced NO, language barrier YES. They have NO clue as to how to assist the customer with the Samsung product making it operational and then when THEY get frustrated while talking to the customer they'll transfer you to someone else who equally has no experience in assisting, even worse the JUST HANG UP, oh yes the will JUST HANG UP on the customer. In short Samsung has NO experienced support staff, and if your a customer or thinking of becomming a Samsung customer be warned if you should be in need of Tech support and should have to call their off-shore support staff.

Customer Rating

I have exhausted countless hours back and forth
with Samsung Service and Support:
In summary the case transition # below is 1 of several case numbers provided by Samsung to either repair or exchange the degraded LCD with Color Streaks of Vertical lines on LCD display.
Transition / case#
4124002084

After several weeks of promises and told by Executive Customers Relationships department yes approved for warranty then denied and finally approved; after all this part for panel type is no longer available..for my particular TV model.

The best Samsung can offer is a reimbursement for 1/4 of the original cost $1199… for my LCD TV.

Dept. Exchange& Refund

1 to 2 business
Up to 5 days
Jessica buyout $262.65
Bestbuy…

This is an insult especially after all the time, effort and hurtles I had to jump to convince Samsung to own up to the defects in their product flaw.

2010 LCD TV life cycle is only 3.5 to 4 years. .. I own many LCD and LED from Sony to Insignia with average life cycle indefinite still working… Samsung should offer a recall for this symptom and defective product but instead charge their customers for their poor Q&A.

Customer Rating

I bought a samsung galaxy s4 from Egypt and after a month the phone showed some problems in the sensor and the battery and because the phone has a warranty of a whole year I went to the center to repair the phone but sadly they were unable to repair it even after the fourth trial to do so and every time they call me and tell me that the phone is repaired and ready. I took a promise from Samsung that if the problem occurred again they will change the phone itself so the same problems showed again and I took the phone for the fifth time to the center but they did not change the phone and told me that they repaired it. Actually what they did is against the law in Egypt but they do not care so I decided to raise the complaint to Samsung itself maybe you will be more keen about your reputation. Thanks. My phone # is +2 0122 744 5150

To whom it may concern
Would really appreciate feedback or assistance
I am struggling to find any results and not sure where to go. I am not sure if anyone can help with my plight but I am going to try all possible avenues before setting my issue aside. And apologies for the request as I am not sure if the consumer has any rights in such cases
I purchased a television set from Dion Wired Canal walk Cape Town on 28 March 2012- receipt attached
Total cost was R13 500 for a Samsung 46 inch 3d
Two years later an unfortunate incident occurred where my daughter bounced a small marble that hit the TV and created a tiny crack on the screen. And the picture is no longer clear with a sequence of lines on it
Took the TV directly to a Company called Liptronics Tel 021 911 0226 – dealers of Samsung products who advised me that Samsung no longer manufactures these screens and there is no alternative to fixing this.
The warranty was apparently for one year. And regretfully I found out that my household Insurance does not cover for accidental damage
Do I have any rights against Samsung here? I only have the TV for two years. Surely there should be some support base to assist in these cases.
This was a dream television purchased for a substantial amount of money on receiving a company bonus and this product is now worthless. I am not at all disputing how the accident was caused. I am just trying to understand how a huge company like Samsung cannot engage in repairs to a product that had meant so much to me albeit in a short space of time
For the record Liptronics advised me that one month after my purchase date of my TV on 2012, Samsung extended their warranty to two years. I would have still being outside that warranty when I reported the incident but it would have been only a couple of days
I am at a loss not knowing if I have any rights – I just think Samsung is not playing nicely
Would appreciate any feedback

Customer Rating

I bought a 32 inch led tv from reliance digital thakurpukur kolkata on 25th march 2014. with the hope to be best product available but within 5 days of purchase the screen is black and no picture only the sound is there. according to your technicians it is a major fault and it will take time of at least a month to replace it. the dealer is also saying that they can only change the set if samsung give them permisssion.my question is why should I suffer and wait for so long when it is A matter of only 5 days? I spent 37 thousand of my hard earned money and have to suffer . Pls try to replace it and instruct the dealer.

samsung32FhdLed Tv32h5100 article code491115539 25.3.2014-date of purchase EAN8806058938366 joy plus

Customer Rating

My wife and i both have these mobile phones and are having the same problem with them since downloading the current software update.

Occationally, the battery drains to zero in a matter of hours ( without changing the settings), They can’t get a Wi-Fi signal because it say’s the internet signal was too poor, but thats when we are sitting in the same room as the router or when i’m at work next to their router.

I have been back to the shop, and they put the phone back to factory settings, but, it made no difference.

We both need a reliable mobile phone because of our buisiness and i’m afraid this is just not good enough and want to know what your going to do about it ?

I look forward to a speedy reply

Regards

Brian Park

Customer Rating

my self sidhesh hule i purchase samsung trend phone on 25/12/2013 after 15 days I found that my phone its self switch off one or twice a day..I go to service center they told me that they have to replace mother board as I give them after 15 days they give me phone as I notices that same problem happen..now this time service center told me that baterry problem is there so we have to replace bateery again after week they replace battery but at the same time I facing second problem that my phone itself cut with a second on recieving or dialing the phone itself cut with in a second..but service dont take my compliant and told me that my any one request is open ..and new reqyest nit able to generate..I also call customer care but I dont get any kind of resolution..after 1 minth I visit service they again told me thay my any request is open so unable to take request..plz help me my time and my hard earm money are wasting..my phone imei no is
358870052986134 …plz reply on 9510363291….sidhesh26@yahoo.com

Customer Rating

Samsung’s “service policy” allows a new TV to virtually have to be rebuilt in your living room before it can be replaced. After shelling out almost $1,000 for a “smart TV”, it has not worked in the 6 weeks I have owned it. Samsung thinks it is perfectly acceptable to have me hang around the house on 5 seperate occasions, waiting for service technicians who fail to fix the TV. They refuse to overnight parts, choosing instead to cheaply save money at the customer’s inconvenience as parts trickle in 2 or 3 days later, followed by further delays in scheduling service. Any comapny can have products fail – HIGH CLASS companies stand behind their products with strong service meant to minimize the aggravation and inconvenience of their customers. Samsung does NONE of that. This is the last Samsung product of ANY kind that will see the inside of my house, and it is PURELY based on poor customer care.

Customer Rating

I have been a loyal customer of Samsung, buying most of my appliances with Samsung. However, recently I have had just bad service from them that I have decided to not buy a single item from Samsung ever again. I am disgusted with their conduct. They do not take responsibility for the conduct of their representatives.

Their reps during the uninstallation of my Split AC, packed it upside down and damaged 3 feet of copper, and other reps also released the gas inside the house and stained the wall (which now needs to be repainted)… and Samsung refuses to take responsibility or take ANY ACTION on their representatives. Now my outdoor Unit of my Split AC is damaged, and they want me to bear the costs for it.

This has been such a disappointing affair and I would not recommend Samsung to anyone. Save yourself the hassle.

Customer Rating

I had purchased Samsung Grand at Bhopal from DB.CITY MALL on 5th NOV 2013.But the adaptor started causing problem in charging.On reporting this to the service center i was told to come after 7-8 days .when i again went there i was told the adaptor wire is not available and i have to come again.I went to three service centres namely 10 no market,arera colony,roshanpura centre and near M.P nagar service centre time and again.I visited Roshanpura service centre twice but every time they told the spare is not available and i was told to keep the adaptor with them.How can one keep the adaptor with them for 5-7 days ??As the mobile is still under warranty and if i use some other adaptor and something goes wrong who will be responsible for it? Even todat i went to the service centre at Roshanpura Near new market and was told rudely that i can go anywhere and write anybody and it can not be replaced unless there is sufficient stock.I had the service center personnel talk at the toll free no.
Pl let me know what corrective action you or i should take at the earliest as it is almost one month and if it goes beyound the date who will be responsible?
regards

Customer Rating

I built a new home and moved into the house in may 2013, I bought brand new stove/glass top, three door refrigerator with bottom pull out freezer and dish washer all made by Samsung. I have already had to have the glass top replaced on the stove because it had a defect and busted which Lowe’s handled after having to argue and prove to them I did not bust it. The refrigerator has started collecting water under the bottom pull out drawer in the refrigerator and is freezing causing the drawer to stick. The dish washer has started making an awful noise that sounds like its grinding. It is almost like the sound that a coffee maker makes when it starts percolating except much louder. I can tell you I bought a side by side Samsung a few years ago that only lasted two and a half years and just stopped working and I didn’t say anything but now having purchased three more items made by Samsung and having issues out of all three I expect someone from Samsung service department to contact me about trying to resolve these issues.

Customer Rating

I’m writing to inform you that I had a negative experience at your store in Setia City Mall on 28th March 2014, and the person who handled my inquiry was named as below :

Samsung Store Name :
KTS Cellular Sdn Bhd
Lot LG61, Setia City Mall, No. 7, Persiaran Setia Dagang,
Bandar Setia Alam, Section U13, 40170 Shah Alam, Selangor.

Attended by :
L. F. Tan – Store Manager
Chua Jin Yang – Assistant Manager
Jec Tan Kian Wee – Experience Consultant

First of all, I recognize that you, as the reader of this letter, are not responsible for my bad experience, but I am still upset about the situation.

I walked in to the above Samsung store on 28th March 2014 around 8.30pm to make an inquiry about the product that I’ve purchase from Harvey Norman Store on a day earlier, i.e. 27th March 2014. The purchased product was come with a free TM Wifi package as published. Unfortunately I didn’t receive any response or activation code after SMS sent to designated number as printed in the product packaging box on 27th March 2014.

I was first attended by Mr. Jec Tan Kian Wee and Chua Jin Yang. After I was patiently explained my problem, both of them mentioned that they could not help as I have to contact TM or Samsung website by myself to look for solution. As I was unsatisfied with such a response therefore I’ve requested to meet with the Store Manager.

The Store Manager named Mr L. F Tan was hostile and unreceptive to my plight. He was again stressed in a rather impatient way that I need to solve the issue by contacting Samsung website as their Store is only involved in product selling and could not solve my issue.

I was incredibly angered by this irresponsible behavior. Someone with such poor people skills and a lack of common courtesy should not work in customer service. I was so upset by the situation and shocked at his accusation that I left the store without having the issue resolved.
I hope this complain reaches your office and necessary actions will be done as soon as possible.

Please contact me at 012-6612977 or email me back at lcmei515@hotmail.com. I would like this situation to be resolved so I can continue to be a loyal Samsung patron.
Thank you for your kind attention.

Sincerely regards,
Lew Chen Mei

Customer Rating

I purchased the latest smart tv model UE46ESCC501373 ,46 inch from Comet store, Uk in 06/2012. After just a year n half, problem has already started to occur. There had been occurrence of one or two pink lines in the Rt hand side of the tv. After all the expense and stated by Samsung as smart and enovative, they don’t even consider in giving free engineer service for the first examination. It’s not about money but the hastle we have suffered with this new invention of theirs and has been a failure. It has given us a shock for getting damaged this early and therefore has forced us to consider that Samsung is not reliable and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy this product.

Customer Rating

I Dinesh Shetty ,i have bought 2 TV’s 55” and a 46 ” and i have complained regarding this for the last 7 months but there is no right answer that i get from anyone , the people that call me tell me that its the retailers fault for the mounting . i dont understand what logic is that if its a product of Samsung . in the manual its ia mentioned that the distance should b 10 cms from the walls cabinets ect. but there is only 4 cms distance between the tv and the walls where my hands cannot go behind to use the Av pins . the engineer him self fixed the pins many a times when remounted the tv the pins bend and start the problem all over again please do the need full at the earliest or i would take thing feather , regards dinesh

Customer Rating

I bought a samsung tablet 2 wee are really happy with the tablet but the lead has broke twicw and now the plug piece has stopped working I bought one my grandson got one foe xmas and my daughter also bought one because they were impressed with mine I am very disappointed about having to go out now and buy a plug I dont even have it a year until june I bought it in pc world at abbeycentre in newtownabbey I am house bound so I need my computer to use every day hopping you might be able to resole this problem looking forward to hesring from you thankk you
Caroline nelson

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Caroline Nelson on 03/23/2014 at IP address 94.0.207.140 using our samsung complaint form. This opinions contained in this samsung customer review titled, “samsung tablet 2″ do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

my mobile is being hanged daily and i purchased it before 9 months my mobile modle is samsung galaxy y gt6102

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by anmol kala on 03/20/2014 at IP address 141.0.9.69 using our samsung complaint form. This opinions contained in this samsung customer review titled, “phone hang” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

After an A&E technician spent 2 hours looking at my dishwasher 7933LRABB serial number Y46EG9MC800931J he thought I must need a new pump drain. This dishwasher is less than 1 1/2 years old. The whole time he was at my house the Quick + light never came on as it was previously. He wanted to know if I wanted to order a pump and schedule service for the following week because he didn’t have one on his truck. I told him I would like to run a cycle and see if the quick + light came on again because the dw seemed to be working while he was at my house. After he left I ran a cycle and it once again stopped and the quick + light came on. I called A& E Factory Service back and told them I would like to go ahead and have the part ordered and scheduled to be installed. They told me I had declined the estimate. I called back on the very same day and they told me I was still in the system and I would have to call the next day.

So the next day I called and they continue to tell me that I declined the estimate. I asked them if they could have the service technician call me so we could get the part ordered. The lady at A & E Factory Service said ok, but I didn’t believe she would actually call him. Then I remembered that he had called me and I had his cell number. I called him and told him what was happening. He pretty much said that once a customer declines then he is done with the service contact. He said it would cost another $75 to come back out to start the service over and I would have to contact A & E factory service again.

After waiting 3 hours to hear back from A&E Factory I contacted the warranty department at Samsung and a part was ordered through them. Then when the part gets to my house I have to figure out how to get it installed.

This has been an extremely poor experience and I will never purchase anything made from Samsung because of the way this matter has been handled. Any local company would leave an estimate and I would be able to discuss it with my spouse before a decision is made. The fact that I called back the same exact day and was told basically too bad, I had already declined it is not acceptable. The fact that I had to order the part is not acceptable. If this is totally A & E Factory’s business decisions, and Samsung isn’t in charge of how they do business, then you need to find a different company to do repairs. I had called 3 local companies about looking at my dishwasher before Samsung assigned A & E factory to come out. From those 3 companies only one would even consider looking at my dishwasher but they needed to be contacted by Samsung in order to look at it.

–Becky Amyx
785-249-9691
Service # 4123630911

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Becky Amyx on 03/12/2014 at IP address 68.102.217.242 using our Samsung and A & E Factory Service complaint form. This opinions contained in this Samsung and A & E Factory Service customer review titled, “Awful service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I am writing to you regarding my samsung galaxy s3 mini. I have a phone cpntract with which I purchased twp identical handsets..after having the phpnes a mere 5 months I am appauled by final finish of the product.
The charger port no lnger works on either phone so im left with a 50 monthly contract for two phpnes I am unable to use. One phone will not charge at all. Thw other will only charge if the charger sits at a specific angle it slips on and of charge. Its unreliable and completely. Upsetting and frustrating that I will have this for the next 20months
Having talked to friends and reading onlibe I have found that this is not an un common problem infact 3 of my close friends have the exact same problem
Having no insurance on both handsets my phone contract provider is unable to help I was told by there custpmer services to take my grievance directly to samsung.
I would just like to say how I this whole situation has made my day to day life ao much harder as im sure ypu can appreciate. One pf my phones is used for wprk purposes and the pther is personal.
I feel that samsung itself have taken advantage of potentially any one whp has a samsung mobile. If the information regarding the phones unreliability and shoddy workmanship was available when I was choosing handset I wpuld have chosen anything elae but Samsung. Even more upsetting I recommended a samsing galaxy s3 mini to my best friend as I was finding it easy to uae and aet up. And now they are having the exact same issue as me
Is this in accordance with consumers rights?
What us the procedure for extremely unhappy customers. Any advice on what to dp about this whole situation wpuld be greatly appreciated.
Im sure you can understand my upset and tress by all of this.

Companies Like Samsung

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!