Microsoft

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Microsoft

Posted by Der Bengel on Feb 21, 2015
Customer Rating

I have a bunch of complaints. In 2013 I padi $149 for MS tech support. Out of 5 issues, MS solved ONE problem. When I again asked about the other 4 problems, I was told, "I don't know." WHAT?! And so I had to go out and solve the other 4 on my own. I solved 3 out of 4 problems. I could never find a solution for the 1 and ended up reinstalling windows. $149 down the drain. And do you know HOW they solved the one problem? They dared to have remote access on my computer and go to tweaking.com and install their software to fix my computer. I could have installed and ran the toolbox and/or installed Windows for FREE!!! Another problem: The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000 keyboard and mouse combo was the BEST combo they ever made and they quit selling it! Yet they still sell the 4000, which is WIRED. I want wireless for my living room. On top of that they created the sculpt for sale, which looks like they took a thin layer off the old 7000. There's no zoom switch, program hotkeys and so on.

Anytime Upgrades: They no longer offer you to buy a disc for reinstallation, and we all know with Microsoft Windows that IS going to happen down the road. System Restore: It's SO flawed that even MS Tech Support told me to turn it off to save space and memory. In Europe, it's banned for MS to include proprietary Internet Explorer and security software (Defender/Firewall) but we have to still suffer with all the bloatware. MS Community is full of voolunteers but it's getting to where it's going downhill. Either you get a generic answer or you get NO answer at all. IF you tell them you tried that, they no longer offer any other solutions. I still have my 2nd older laptop and I am going to send it to "Linux World". Not even going to bother reinstalling Windows on it. And when Windows 7 support dies, I should understand Linux enough to switch this one over by then too.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Microsoft provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Microsoft?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.05 out of 5
2.05 out of 5 Stars
250 Consumer Reviews

Microsoft
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Microsoft. What is their corporate mailing address?

Redmond, WA 98052
Redmond, WA 98052

I want to call the Microsoft customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

425-882-8080

I need to visit the Microsoft company website. What is their website address?

More Microsoft Complaints

Customer Rating

i recently had to upgrade my computer i had it formatted new motherboard cpu and all the good stuff and instead of windows 7 32 i got a new disk of windows 7 64 bit after much frustration to get my copy fixed and install proper drivers this morning i got a update which i found when i had to do a systems restore due to a black screen of death caused by something and since it worked before the update i'm assuming that was the issue so if your update is the culprate please fix it because you'll get a very unpolite phone call from me and i'm very patient but if this does it again wont happen and since who ever gets this message is not the causer of the issue i wont be mad at you personally and hope you don't see it that way, have a nice day.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

When I was on Facebook.com, I received a Photograph of Mr.Bill Gate's sitting in a chair smiling, holding a piece of cardboard,stating due to tax reasons,he was offering to whom ever,to click share/invite,he would give $5k.per. Click,well,i sent the share onto BINETUSA.@yahoogroups.com, there where over 1,560 members, at $5,000 per click, calculated to, $78,000,000.00 ,I've already sent the original complaint via www.bbb.org I've followed Mr.Gate's instructions, received nothing!,if you would like to have me send to you,info.please send me an email address. i'm disabled and in a wheelchair, getting ready to lose my place to live, due to no income, pending ssi, appeals process,in the emaill, i'll send you my mailing address,we need to get this issue resolved asap,plus i have a rebuilt Dell latitude D610,Laptop,won't upgrade or anything,in my response to Mr. Bill Gates,i was being honest with the man,I was doing this,to obtain,the funds for our first Wiccan Monastary.

Customer Rating

Does anyone else want to file a class action lawsuit against Microsoft for their continual lack of services. I feel I have a lawsuit all by myself since the product that was purchased for me Surface Pro almonst burned my leg and when it was this hot it cracked the screen and Microsoft will not take responsibility for it. They have lead me on since 2/7/15 with we will help you until today now they say they can't help me. This production cast $900 out of my familys pocket for a christmas gift and I have not been able to use it. I have several claim ticket numbers I just want someone else join in with me.

Customer Rating

I was sold a Microsoft Assure package for $158 and when I tried to get help for an issue I was having with Access 2013, I was told it was a commercial product and would cost me $400 for a contract. I had specifically told the Microsoft people I used Access and was having some issues with it when I bought Assure. No problem, they said! On top of everything, I got cut off my phone conversation after calling and being put on hold (about 30 minutes of wasted time). Microsoft if a bully and some of their products are VERY unstable. Going to try to get my money back, since the Assure package is useless!

Customer Rating

Something happened during the Office 365 renewal/update process for Outlook. All of my email accounts stopped working after the update I did not change any settings or do anything. The problem is entirely attributable to Microsoft. Called tech support. Got India on the line. Went through 5 very polite but totally incompetent individuals who kept asking and re-asking questions as a PREMLIMINARY step to get to tech support. Got to support technician after 45 minutes. Answer: Call your email service provider (AOL). So Microsoft causes the problem and your tech support is so incompetent they are unable to diagnose or fix it. Total waste of my time.

2015-02-24 11:01 AM
Service Call
Office 365 Home
Case number 8664253959
2015-02-24 11:40 AM
New case number: 1281053781

Still trying to fix something your company caused. Plus the Indian accent is impossible to understand. Adds 50% to the call time. You are not saving any money.

Customer Rating

to who it may concern. since nov 18 2014 to feb 17 2015 I have had 84 visa debits from Microsoft *billing-a north ryde totaling approx $6000.00 which has left my account well into the red and unable to pay rent or buy food, petrol not to mention all the other expenses of a large family. I do not have any money coming in until march, this has left my whole family deeply distressed. the only thing that we have purchased with the debit card from Microsoft was an xbox gold account for my two boys, they have no access to my debit card or the password needed to access my account. I need to know urgently why this has happened. is it a case of fraud?. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Customer Rating

Ok so recently updated my Nokia Lumia 520 to Windows 8.1 and it sucks. First off my games used to be separate,but now its in my main menu. Second, they made apps for the photos, music and videos. Wtf ??? Third They put a lot of extra crappy apps on which no one actually uses like storage sense which only slows the phone. Fourth, no file manager or file directory, so I can't do shit with it. And last but not least, the updates keep failing. I can't update apps because it keeps failing.

Customer Rating

I received a microsoft surfuce pr on december 27, 2014. I reported the screen crack and the heat of the deivce within 2 weeks of having this product. I have asked so many time where do I mail it back so it can get fixed. I have so many emails from them and they are not doing anything. I truly would like to file a lawsuit agaist this company for customer abuse. This company has not made one effort to follow through with any customer service. This devise is so hot that it almost burned my leg and they did not respond. I need to know what I can do to file a lawsuit against the no response, no care microsoft Inc. This is insane. I try everyday and the email address or phone numbers change. Please help me. My family got this for me because I have breast cancer and it was easier to use during treatment.

Product: Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010

On August 02, 2011 I purchased the above referenced product from Microsoft (Order No. 9963397). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product on numerous occasions as a result of problems not related to this product. Yesterday, (January 17, 2013) when I attempted to reinstall the application I received an on-screen message informing me that I could not do so since I had exceeded my linit on reinstallations. This in spite of the fact that the Microsoft web site for this product clearly states that if this application is installed on only one computer that the number of reinstallations is unlimited. This product has only been used on one computer. I contacted Microsoft support, both on-line and via telephone, and the product will still not activate although I have been informed by Microsoft support that for a fee of $99.00 they will resolve the problem.
I purchased this product in good faith and have abided by the terms of that sale and, in spite of numerous attempts (a total of 12 hours spent yesterday trying to resolve this issue with Microsoft) the product will still not install on my computer. This constitutes a denial of services and is a violation of both Canadian and Provincial law and it is my intent to proceed accordingly.
Yours truly
Powell Lucas

Customer Rating

My email account was taken over by someone in Nigeria on Thursday 5/2/2013. My email address was reporters4@msn.com. This was my initials, last name, 4 in my family. I have had this account for 10+ years. Microsoft Support says I am out of luck recovering this account. I have 10 years of contacts, saved emails from the IRS an other personal saved emails that remained when this was hacked. They would not even suspend this account will all my confidential information available to use. This is not acceptable.

Customer Rating

I'm presently traveling in Thailand. I accessed my account yesterday morning (Feb. 19th) but in the afternoon I was unable to access the same account; same results today. I have important business to conduct (and e-mails to retrieve) and I need access ASAP!! What's the deal?

Customer Rating

I am WP user but can't download music on my phone. This is really bad that u have WP phone and can't download songs even an ugly handset got music
And videos but WP don't have and to store music you need to sync from it from Zune what the hell. Why we WP user directly download music on WP7?
Plz reply me with an answer and a way to download music on my WP.. I don't want to use third party apps. Mail on shubham.mishra146@gmail.com .

Customer Rating

On apr-09-2013 Somebody pretending working for Microfot call me telling that there was a big hazard to y computer and that Microsoft has been alerted in theirv office ( they had all my personal infos) so I beliebved him.
This person made some tests on my machine and ask for 149.00$ to clean it for a 1 year warranty service.
He installed 2 sharewares programs ATF Cleaner and CCleaner, run malaware for this amount.
I think that I have been trappes and did not accept to open my PC for them.
I do not know how to prevenmt this to happen to other people but you are now advised that Us (I think) people use your name and status to fool persons.
Afterward all the info they gave me was false.
but I still have them If you are intereste3d to get them and start an inquiry tro avoid them rob your customers.

Customer Rating

from one day to the other my laptop generates a message that my software is not genuine, like to happened with my previous one.
all software is original and no weird software installed.
as this is the secound time happening it is definitely a dirty sales trick of microsoft to sell their newer versions to existing users.
this should be addressed on legal international levels!
jan olijdam

Customer Rating

I bought a notebook-samsung-700t, serial number hlvj93cbb06564 p from microsoft store in fashion valley mall ,san diego on 14 th of March 2012.
the notebook has gone faulty and did not start in 17th of February 2013.i went to the samsung dealer in Cairo,Egypt.they refused to fix since I do not have the invoice.I phoned and e-mailed the microsoft store in San DiegoCalifornia to get a copy from the receipt, but they do not give me any response.
i wonder how does it come that they do not have any registeration. the negligence has cost me the notebook since in Cairo the dealer does not want to
fix it without seeing the guarantee. i think this will be the last time to buy anything from microsoft since the notebook was expensive and they have not kept any document and they do not answer me about the result of the research

Dear Microsoft,

I wanted to bring to your attention the fact that I have recently purchased a laptop with Microsoft applications to load. After following Microsoft's instructions I found myself in a position having set up an account (as specified in your instructions) only to find that I couldn't access my inbox to read the e-mail instruction which would the inform me how to proceed further. I couldn't access this mailbox as I hadn't verified the e-mail which I would receive through the mail-box I couldn't access. I would go into further details but after nearly three hours of trying to sort this problem I have developed a good understanding from your own technical team that you are well aware of such chicken and egg problems. I was informed from a member of your team that it would take 5 working days to provide me with a replacement product code as that now having followed your published instructions my original product code would no longer work. I think that this time frame is disgusting and dont't believe for a second that this is how you would treat your larger business clients. Your technical team admitted to mistakes within your own instructions, leading to the problems experienced not only by myself but by several hundreds daily as well. I would think that a very simple re-writing of your instructions to new clients would be something of a priority and to be honest can't believe a company of your reputation haven't already reacted to the continuing problems. I was also told by your technical team that you haven't got a complaints team, something I disbelieve given the sheer size of your company. If this is really true I would like to know as I would like your own governing bodies to consider setting up such a department. If such a department does exist, which I'm sure it does, then I would suggest that all members of your organisation are aware and that they ensure that they know the relevant contact details of such a department for when they have clients wishing to put in complaints.

I would suggest that you respond to this.

Kind regards
Charlie Brown
Charliebrown@gmail.com

Customer Rating

I need to have Linux and Windows on my Thinkpad for demos. The new Windows 8 loader sucks. I bought 7 copies of W8 and I'm really sorry I wasted the money. I have 6 desktops and 5 laptops but I want to carry only one of them with me. Give me 7 Windows 7 licenses and I'll stick wih it. Five of my PC's are still running XP Pro.

Customer Rating

I am writing this as a follow up to the complaint I posted 10 days ago on this site. As a result of making posts on this and other sites I have eventually received a phone call from the Head Office of Microsoft in Washington. A very nice lady has been investigating my complaint. This lady has spent hours reading thru the record of over 100 emails, and hours talking to the Tech Team Managers who dealt with my computer. My final words to them weeks ago, was that I wanted to be reimbursed for the computer I had to buy to replace the one that was trashed. $473.84.....

I was considering compensation for all of the anxiety and distress this whole exercise has caused, but at this stage if they paid for the computer that would suffice, because I just want to 'move on'. The nice lady advised me that she had been instructed to offer me ' the expertise of a Microsoft Technician, top 200 man in Canada'! He will come on my old trashed computer and 'find' the missing/deleted files and restore it to its past glory. I replied that I would go along with that if Microsoft would agree, 'in writing', to reimburse me for my new computer, 'if' they cannot restore the one that was trashed.

I am not going to go thru more inconvenience, so that they can come and practise, or play on my computer, at my expense. NO they would not give me that undertaking. I explained to the lady that had they come back with that offer 7 weeks ago, at the end of December or early January, I would have been delighted, but no one wanted to know at that time. But to come to me SEVEN weeks later and say that they will fix my trashed computer but not pay for the new one is ludicrous! What do they think I have been doing for the past SEVEN weeks! I have had to reconstruct my data, all except the Incredimail Program that was wiped out.

I had so much important emails and folders of medical records, all backed up automatically and as I thought, very safe! Safe until it was deleted by the tech person! I had to buy software to get my iTunes back, by transferring from my iPod back to the computer. Luckily, Videos were still on my Video Camera back to my last 'back up', they had to be downloaded and go thru Movie Maker again! This is just a little of what had to be done, anyone who has a computer and uses it as an extension of them selves will know what a nightmare it is for someone to come on their machine and wipe everythign out. Anyway the Microsoft bosses will not reimburse me at all.

They would rather pay for the Lady's time and the time for their 'Top 200 Tech Man in Canada' to spend hours on this! She has gone away today to relay my feelings to them. I will come back here and post the 'end of the story'

To whom it may concern,
I am fifteen years old and i received a phone call from the so-called 'Microsoft Technicians' a man with an Indian accent told me i had a virus and that he was to help me to fix it or my computer system would crash, i followed his orders as he guided me to click on all sorts of places and type in all different digits and words and codes, i was feeling worried and my computer started doing things by itself and things were popping up that i never clicked on etc, the man simply told me it was the virus being activated, i was then told i had to make a payment to pay for a license, i was home alone , without the possession of a card or credit to phone any family members, i told him this and i was put onto another woman to speak to , she told me to go to neighbors as my computer should be priority whatever the case , i told her i am unable to do so and she kept telling me its up to me, the choice is up to me but my computer will crash, i was extremely suspicious now and all these warning signs of my computer being unprotected and about to crash came up and i asked her politely was this a scam as i feel as though my computer is hacked and was working perfectly fine , the woman started to yell at me and inquiring that she has our household name and will take legal action towards me for making a statement of it being a scam , i explained i am only fifteen years old and shouldn't be put up with this responsibility and that i have to wait for an adult to come home , she said the choice is up to me if i want it to crash and i said ok thank you but there is nothing i can do and she hung up on me and i was in tears of being yelled at and just being put in this situation in general.
My computer is now slightly hacked i believe or else there is some sort of virus and i amn't sure as to what i should do , i was going to call the police about this matter but i am hoping in anyway at all you can help me to getting my computer back up and safe and protected as i felt it was before.
Disgusted in this scam i experienced..
Yours Faithfully
Alissa Jusufi

Customer Rating

About a week and a half ago, my brother bought me a new Xbox 360 Slim (4g) as a late christmas present. I was so excited to get it home and transfer my stuff onto it so I could give my fiance my old Xbox 360(60g). After I got home, I hooked it all up and did the transfer; when I loaded it onto the new slim, it asked me to sign into my Microsoft Account, but I had forgotten the password. I then got online to fix the issue. I got my old Xbox 360 back in 2008 as a christmas present from my fiance and I made up an email address on gmail so I could make my Avatar and account with Microsoft. After I made the account etc, I never used the Gmail account again. So when I went to reset or retrieve my password on Microsoft, and it sent it to the old gmail account, I realized the gmail account had long since been deleted. So then It asked for the security question, which was my favorite fictional character, which is NOT a question I would normally have choosen, and I have not a clue what it is. I have litterally made a list and sat and went through every cartoon or book and none of them are the correct answer. After all that, I decided to just call Microsoft and get my password. They told me in a round about way, that without knowing my Security Question im SOL. They took down my Console ID on the new Xbox and told me they would call me back in 3-5 days. Well today is day 5 and I hadn't heard a word from the company. I called them back to then be told the woman took down the wrong Console ID, that they needed my Old Console ID, not the new one. They took the information down and once again, I am now forced to wait another 3-5 days. I understand that Security is a major issue for companies, and if this was someone trying to hack my account, then I would be grateful for Microsoft putting a cabash on it, However, if they want a Microsoft Xbox Live Account to be THAT Secure, then they shouldnt JUST rely on a security question, They should also ask you for your Drivers License # or ID# and/or your social security number along with the Password, Email and Security Question. So pretty much I am stuck and Microsoft wont do a thing about it. I told them I would take a picture of my Drivers License and email it to them, but that wont work "we need your security question answer". This isnt the military Microsoft, it is a friggin' Account tied to a GAME! Their techincal support staff is far from adequate to handle situations like this, too. If they do not give me my information back, or at least let me reset my Password, I will be forced to return my new xbox and sell my old on and move on to a gaming console that isn't such ass's about retrieving someones password.

Customer Rating

I recently had a blockage to my inward email. I worked with Bigpond for 1.5 hours & finally they recommended I contact Microsoft. The gent taking my call on the Customer Care Line suggested that I mail my questions for assistance. Guessing this would take a day or two once we agreed on what my problem was I then contacted my grandson who is IT literate but had not come across this problem before. He solved it within 30 mins. I merely advise you that' customer care' was not available except via emailed questions (and I was near the closing time ) and that once I had been given that advice he proffered "thanks for calling microsoft'.

He had advised that if I wanted to speak to an engineer the cost is $80.oo. Is there a better way? It also was difficult to home in on a 'complaint' heading (or perhaps I cannot read between the verbage).

Customer Rating

I would like to talk to someone in Authority at Microsoft about a disaster with your on line support at Microsoft. Everything was wiped off my computer by a Tech person who came on my computer remotely to fix a simple Silverlight problem. The computer was rendered useless - all my files and back ups were 'empty'. My email program was deleted and the back up file for the email program I used. She was unable to restore to an earlier date! My emails to her Manager were ignored. Problem started 16th December - 2 months ago! I have over 80 emails to your support staff with absolutely no result and no forward movement what so ever.

I have spent hours on the phone and I have spoken to Team Managers, Microsoft Help, Customer and Partner Advocacy – North America.Populus Group @ Microsoft Corporation. and others. Ater giving me a Ref# they tell me someone will get right back to me. After a week I phone back, no one at that department recognizes the Reference# and I have to start again! Annoyed and Angry doesn't even come close to how I feel about Microsoft today. Is this how Microsoft have trained their Staff to treat their customers? The people I have spoken to are like zombies who haven't a clue what they are doing.

When I tell them the computer is wiped out- useless, Kaput, not working, they ask me if I would like them to put me thru to the Tech Dept to fix the Silverlight File problem!!! There is no Silverlight problem any more because there is NO computer any more - it is just a shell - a useless box!!!

Customer Rating

I am very much disappointed with buying Microsoft headphones model no: lifechat lx 100. After buying in 2 months got problem with the head phones and got replaced with the new one but after getting the new on e I am facing the same problem again. I don't want take the same model head set again and getting the same trouble so please let me know can I take any other model headset by replacing with the one which is holding and paying the remaining amount for the new one?????

Please let me know ASAP and you can reach me @ vsatish.dba@gmail.com.

I wan this to be take as high priority and reach me ASAp.

Thanks,
satheesh.

Customer Rating

After spending nearly $400 today on Wins upgrades / new installs . . . all I got is little/no service and my time "taken up" . . . having spoken with at least 6 (Bad english speaking) people who know only enough to take up your time and stumble their way through "answer scripts" - but no resolution(s). I REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHY I DIDN'T GO TO AN APPLE PRODUCT. I recall almost the same kind of asinine experience the last time I HAD TO get new hardware / software. The sales people speak English and are good at selling, but from there on one is in handcuffs or in a "gotcha by the short hairs" condition. "Damn It!"

Oh yeah, and I can go "prospecting" for an answer from the general public = time wasting, un-obligating the seller (M'Soft), and exposes one to even more un- scrupleous (?) individuals. Yeah buddy - M'Soft ! Atta way Bill Gates !

Customer Rating

I had to get a new laptop for a course and it came with Windows 8. I HATE it. It's been a month, and no, I am not used to it. I downloaded a freeware so I could have the start button back. Who was the genius that came up with this? Thank GOD for everything else I have a Mac.

Customer Rating

Why can't you people leave well enough alone. Get the outlook crap off your home page i don't want to see it and i don't want it to interupt what i am doing, and it dose. It moves my page back to the top to advertize for it's self. Stop the madness and quit interupting my reading. If i want to go back to the top of the page then i will, but it should be my choice. I enjoy MSN but this is pissing me off. So stop it.

Customer Rating

I pulled my old computer out of storage and turned it on only to have it say i need to reactivate my windows xp home. i call in and deal with the automated system and it tells me my id is invalid. i get sent to a representative, they hang up on me. i call back, wait for 10 min before i talk to another representative, they confirm my id is invalid, and transfer me technical support, i wait on hold for a half hour during which an employee picks up and hits a few buttons just to put me back on hold twice, just to talk to this guy that tells me because my version is old i can either pay $100 to get his help or get a new license, i inquire about the license and he gets confused about what I'm talking about, so he goes back to the paying $100 for his help. i tell him the product was bought from them, they already got their money from me so i don't agree with paying the $100. He try's to give me the run around. so i ask to be transferred to the complaint department. 15 minutes later after being on hold they pick up tell me their name and hang up on me. What a stupid company, figure they corner the market so they can treat people how ever they want and charge them out the ass.

Customer Rating

On your maps, and also on bing maps, for the north west of England, the large town of Leigh is not shown. Yet far smaller towns are listed in the same area, the reason cannot be that it comes under Wigan met, as several smaller towns are listed, who also come under a larger metropolitan district.

Leigh is a large town ( well over 40,000 population ) and thou it is in Wigan metro, it is 7 miles from Wigan, it is a totally different town, and far larger to many towns on your maps also under larger authorities. Could you please correct this.

Customer Rating

The week prior to Christmas I purchased a new computer. My son said don't purchase OFFICE as I have a copy. He had only used it once and it was for 3 computers. I loaded his copy, (from CD) which he had used without problems. In early January I received a alert saying Office would expire on the 15th as it was a trial version. I contacted help and they gave me a run around saying they needed where my son purchased the copy, his email address etc. I had the product key that I used and that didn't help. They said they checked the product key and it was a trial version. How do you get a trial version from a CD which was purchased at a retail store. All they wanted to do was sell me the upgrade. After two days and speaking to 3 or 4 different people I finally gave up and bought the upgrade. I don't know how the trial version got on my computer but I believe I purchased Office when I didn't need to and Microsoft help people aren't much help. I tried live chat and called via telephone. When they finished loading the upgrade version I didn't have Publisher as I had on the version I had loaded and they said I hadn't purchased Publisher. I have dealt with Microsoft for over 30 years and this is the first time it has been so confusing and unable to ratify.

Companies Like Microsoft