Microsoft

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Microsoft

Posted by Der Bengel on Feb 21, 2015
Customer Rating

I have a bunch of complaints. In 2013 I padi $149 for MS tech support. Out of 5 issues, MS solved ONE problem. When I again asked about the other 4 problems, I was told, "I don't know." WHAT?! And so I had to go out and solve the other 4 on my own. I solved 3 out of 4 problems. I could never find a solution for the 1 and ended up reinstalling windows. $149 down the drain. And do you know HOW they solved the one problem? They dared to have remote access on my computer and go to tweaking.com and install their software to fix my computer. I could have installed and ran the toolbox and/or installed Windows for FREE!!! Another problem: The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000 keyboard and mouse combo was the BEST combo they ever made and they quit selling it! Yet they still sell the 4000, which is WIRED. I want wireless for my living room. On top of that they created the sculpt for sale, which looks like they took a thin layer off the old 7000. There's no zoom switch, program hotkeys and so on.

Anytime Upgrades: They no longer offer you to buy a disc for reinstallation, and we all know with Microsoft Windows that IS going to happen down the road. System Restore: It's SO flawed that even MS Tech Support told me to turn it off to save space and memory. In Europe, it's banned for MS to include proprietary Internet Explorer and security software (Defender/Firewall) but we have to still suffer with all the bloatware. MS Community is full of voolunteers but it's getting to where it's going downhill. Either you get a generic answer or you get NO answer at all. IF you tell them you tried that, they no longer offer any other solutions. I still have my 2nd older laptop and I am going to send it to "Linux World". Not even going to bother reinstalling Windows on it. And when Windows 7 support dies, I should understand Linux enough to switch this one over by then too.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Microsoft provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Microsoft?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.05 out of 5
2.05 out of 5 Stars
249 Consumer Reviews

Microsoft
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Microsoft. What is their corporate mailing address?

Redmond, WA 98052
Redmond, WA 98052

I want to call the Microsoft customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

425-882-8080

I need to visit the Microsoft company website. What is their website address?

More Microsoft Complaints

Customer Rating

i recently had to upgrade my computer i had it formatted new motherboard cpu and all the good stuff and instead of windows 7 32 i got a new disk of windows 7 64 bit after much frustration to get my copy fixed and install proper drivers this morning i got a update which i found when i had to do a systems restore due to a black screen of death caused by something and since it worked before the update i'm assuming that was the issue so if your update is the culprate please fix it because you'll get a very unpolite phone call from me and i'm very patient but if this does it again wont happen and since who ever gets this message is not the causer of the issue i wont be mad at you personally and hope you don't see it that way, have a nice day.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

Does anyone else want to file a class action lawsuit against Microsoft for their continual lack of services. I feel I have a lawsuit all by myself since the product that was purchased for me Surface Pro almonst burned my leg and when it was this hot it cracked the screen and Microsoft will not take responsibility for it. They have lead me on since 2/7/15 with we will help you until today now they say they can't help me. This production cast $900 out of my familys pocket for a christmas gift and I have not been able to use it. I have several claim ticket numbers I just want someone else join in with me.

Customer Rating

I was sold a Microsoft Assure package for $158 and when I tried to get help for an issue I was having with Access 2013, I was told it was a commercial product and would cost me $400 for a contract. I had specifically told the Microsoft people I used Access and was having some issues with it when I bought Assure. No problem, they said! On top of everything, I got cut off my phone conversation after calling and being put on hold (about 30 minutes of wasted time). Microsoft if a bully and some of their products are VERY unstable. Going to try to get my money back, since the Assure package is useless!

Customer Rating

Something happened during the Office 365 renewal/update process for Outlook. All of my email accounts stopped working after the update I did not change any settings or do anything. The problem is entirely attributable to Microsoft. Called tech support. Got India on the line. Went through 5 very polite but totally incompetent individuals who kept asking and re-asking questions as a PREMLIMINARY step to get to tech support. Got to support technician after 45 minutes. Answer: Call your email service provider (AOL). So Microsoft causes the problem and your tech support is so incompetent they are unable to diagnose or fix it. Total waste of my time.

2015-02-24 11:01 AM
Service Call
Office 365 Home
Case number 8664253959
2015-02-24 11:40 AM
New case number: 1281053781

Still trying to fix something your company caused. Plus the Indian accent is impossible to understand. Adds 50% to the call time. You are not saving any money.

Customer Rating

to who it may concern. since nov 18 2014 to feb 17 2015 I have had 84 visa debits from Microsoft *billing-a north ryde totaling approx $6000.00 which has left my account well into the red and unable to pay rent or buy food, petrol not to mention all the other expenses of a large family. I do not have any money coming in until march, this has left my whole family deeply distressed. the only thing that we have purchased with the debit card from Microsoft was an xbox gold account for my two boys, they have no access to my debit card or the password needed to access my account. I need to know urgently why this has happened. is it a case of fraud?. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Customer Rating

Ok so recently updated my Nokia Lumia 520 to Windows 8.1 and it sucks. First off my games used to be separate,but now its in my main menu. Second, they made apps for the photos, music and videos. Wtf ??? Third They put a lot of extra crappy apps on which no one actually uses like storage sense which only slows the phone. Fourth, no file manager or file directory, so I can't do shit with it. And last but not least, the updates keep failing. I can't update apps because it keeps failing.

Customer Rating

I received a microsoft surfuce pr on december 27, 2014. I reported the screen crack and the heat of the deivce within 2 weeks of having this product. I have asked so many time where do I mail it back so it can get fixed. I have so many emails from them and they are not doing anything. I truly would like to file a lawsuit agaist this company for customer abuse. This company has not made one effort to follow through with any customer service. This devise is so hot that it almost burned my leg and they did not respond. I need to know what I can do to file a lawsuit against the no response, no care microsoft Inc. This is insane. I try everyday and the email address or phone numbers change. Please help me. My family got this for me because I have breast cancer and it was easier to use during treatment.

Customer Rating

I have so fat spent more than 3500 Nigeria naira on internet data and phone calls to Microsoft support to enable me pay for the full version.even the the Nigeria Microsoft office customer care could not help me.I am begging to pay and get the 25 digit key.can some one help me.I tried pretending to be a south African,no way.I want to pay online using my master card.

Dear Sirs,
I bought Japanese language pack form Microsoft sore on line.
My computer went down and I needed to re-install this software, but I could not.
If you buy on line, no product key is supplied, and I can not down load again.

I called maybe over 10 times to Technical support, nobody can help me.
Accordingly, I ended up to purchase Japanese Langage pack again and install.

First, why you do not supply Product key number if I buy on line?
Why your tech support people do not know how to download this software without Product key since Microsoft did not supply it?
If I have same problem, how can I solve this problem and I can download without calling you many many times and wothout product key?

This problem happened 3 times alraeay, and I ended up to purchsase same software 3 times.
Regards,
Takaya Nieda

Customer Rating

ok, on chirstmasi got a brand new computer. later that day on the phone with someone I was dirrected to by microsoft web site. guy said 399.99 well fix and you wont have problems again. later changed his price 149.99 will be a temporary fix. later sliding it down to 59.99...

sigh, I have a recipt. said I was thinking about returning it. the guy at tech gurus certified microsoft tech said I should just pay him, because that computer would have problems too, and restoring factory defaults, even reinstaling windows came up with the same problems...

sigh, this seems so wrong on so many levels. anyway. guessing the guy's spouting some BS to get my money. how many people acctually let them extort them for money. fact the indian fellow isn't in country only ticked me off more..

outsourcing makes us venerable, perpetuates ignorance in our country sending our money needlessly over seas. ok, profit. i understand. but screwing over your consumers is not a good bussniess model.

anyway.. I plan to take the machine back tomorrow. get the money for it, and be far more reluctant to pay for another system prone to illness, so I would have to deal with jackles. hey! don't let this slide. I am pissed. I might have all the tech sense of a caveman, however, cavemen don't own computers. maybe I shouldn't. maybe I see evil in a companies practice.

my brand new computer was suposed to be internet protected for 30 days. lies! I fail to see why I shed money for a weak product. that protection even virus protection isn't included. I don't know. seems all the places I scream wants a price tag.. careful, of where you make people turn. systems been back in the box all day. plan to return it tomorrow..

and whats the deal with them saying.. oh, that new computer would have the same problems... fishy to say the least. as is his sliding scale to "fix" my computer...

Customer Rating

I received a call on my landline earlier today from a person who claimed to work for Windows Technical Care but I was unable to verify that he was indeed from Microsoft. He gave his name as Peter Stephenson and he just didn't sound like a Peter Stephenson and he said that he was calling me as a result of Windows Technical Care getting a lot of warnings that my computer with my IP Address was receiving a lot of junk malicious ware. He wanted me to log on to my computer so that he could show me how to fix my hard drive problems.

I was not prepared to log on to my computer or give any information until he verified his identity and he said that he was calling from a number from the United States and the number was 1209 227 6966.

I asked for an Australian contact number for me to call to verify his status and he said that I was asking too many questions that he could not answer and he hung up. My number is a private number so I am not sure where he got my number from and if indeed he works for Windows Technical Care and if not what can be done to track this call that was made to my number which I am not going to provide here until I know that this matter is going to be looked into either by Microsoft or Telstra my service provider.

Customer Rating

I use an adult chat room named eroprofile. it has a feature in which the user can check a box labeled 'automatically view cams'. this opens up 3 web live cam feeds from other users. Ie10 is not allowing that. I can use Google chrome, and the problem goes away. I can use foxfire (firefox? Mozilla) and the problem goes away. ie10 problem stays.
I used to have to trouble with my previous windows and ie applications.
have you forgotten a link, that would make this work?
I would prefer using ie10 as my browser for all uses, but this problem is keeping me from doing that.

Please help.

Customer Rating

Black ops 2 has had some minor glitches that I'm ok about but I've been DE-ranked twice, and both times an Error message came up saying that the persistent rank data for my account has been corrupted and that my rank has been restored to the latest rank stored back up, well it put me 7 levels down from52 to 45. So i would really like if you guy at Microsoft could fix this and restore me back to my former level.

Customer Rating

Bought a new laptop, has Windows 8 on it. Windows 8 is the most confusing, non-friendly OS I have ever come into contact with! ALSO does not have any Office or Word or anything! Wanna throw it out the window! Can it unload 8 and install 7?

Customer Rating

On February 7, 2013, tahe company I represent told me they were not receiving e-mails from my company e-mail account--michaelf@powertronglobal.com. I contacted Microsoft and was given a number to call--800-642-7676. I reached a man named Bhavya Mahajan. He assigned me a case number which is 1196056728. He asked if he could take control of my computer and I agreed. After about a half hour, he had corrected the problem. I was very happy with his service.

When I came home from work on Friday evening, Feb. 8 at about 6:30PM , I decided to catch up with some friends and customers whose contact information was in my Microsoft Office Small Business program. To my horror, there were no contacts in Business Contact Manager. I immediately called the number I had been given listed above. After almost 5 hours and 8 people later, the problem was solved. They all asked me for my case number which I would assume described the problem but none of them were prepared to handle the issue. What amazed me was when someone told me that the product I was using to manage contacts (Microsoft Office Small Business 2007) for which I paid $280.00 shortly after I bought my Toshiba laptop in 2008, is not supported by Microsoft!

I want this issue corrected and my business contacts and accounts restored. I will be unavailble for the balance of today but will be available all day tomorrow. You may call me at 530-545-0858 or e-mail me at michael.fitzpatric@att.net. Sincerely, Michael Fitzpatrick

Customer Rating

I purchased Microsoft 7 in too much haste and requested a refund on 15 Sep 2012. The request was approved and I was notified on 18 Sep that the refund would be implemented within 5 business days. It is now over 25 business days and the funds have still not found their way into my account (unless they have and have escaped notice). I have made several phone calls to Microsoftstore. They have promised to escalation the refund without success. The following case numbers were quoted to me during these phone calls: SR11884251123, 1185517436, 1185647199, and 1185517436. What is the problem completing the refund? I cannot believe Microsoft is struggling to finalise this. Please action this and let me know when the funds have been returned.

Customer Rating

Although I am grateful to have received updates in e-mails, my computer cannot access the above and I know I am missing an update. When I upgraded to Outlook from Hotmail, it worked for a while. I am annoyed as if I have to take my computer to be mended, I will charge the money to Microsoft and it will be strange if it works when connected to another network.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Anna Watts-Morgan

Customer Rating

WL Messenger has always been TOP DOG of the chatting vehicles. The chatting ability of SKYPE sucks the big-one and I am resentful that Microsoft would stoop so low as to suggest that for a replacement. SKYPE SUCKS!!! I will go to YAHOO MESSENGER or any other messenger before I stoop so low as to use the simplistic illiterate excuse for a chat in SKYPE! PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER!!! THERE IS NO VALID SUBSTITUTE FOR THE BEST!!!

Customer Rating

I went on your website and had to regiaster my xbox product, and join the microsoft website just to learn that my xbox isn't covered by your warrenty for "thjis type" of problem. Which just so happens to be a very common problem, probably the most common problem with the console. So it amuses me that Microsoft wont look after their consumers in this way. This is why more and more people are looking for a better console everyday, because of Microsofts dont care attitude to the people that matter most. Its a common issue with the coinsole, Microsoft know all about. And the Xbox community is huge. Word does get around, and people do get pissed off. One day microsoft will be boycotted. Just a matter of time really. I bought a brand new game for this console which has trouble reading discs. Brand new. And the xbox chewed it to bits. Red ring fever they call it. Well thats the last time I buy one of your products. Many of my mates are shocked by this. And they're thinking twice about your products too. This needs to be addressed.

Customer Rating

Microsoft cancelled the only good and affordable deal they have offered for their over priced online gaming (the xbox live family gold pass). In a world where PS3 has free online gaming I do not understand why they would decide to further , for lack of a better word, stick it to their loyal consumers. If something is not done soon I will be taking my business to Sony. Thanks for the appreciation Microsoft.

Customer Rating

My hotmail live account was blocked by micorsoft yesterday under the pretext that someone else was using it. Indeed I have authorised another person access to my account but that is my private decision! I have entered all necesary data (alternate e-mail account, secret question, e-mails of contacts, folders, subject) all I can remember but the account is still blocked!

Since last night European time I keep being told I have to get back in 24 hours time. Does microsoft understand that I access my hotmail account from different computers (I have 3) registered/purchased in different countries, that I travel and do not sit in the same place?! I cannot even ask for support on the standard support page/forum since for that I need to enter my hotmail password and it is refused.

There isn't even an e-mail of microsoft that I can write to. This is outrageous as I no longer have access to my contact list, people are unable to contact me, precious documents are lost.

Customer Rating

I had a live account and got message someone else might be useing it so opened a outlook account on my Mobil as I am away getting married when I go to the recovery page I get a secruity message saying this site is not trusted why is that when it is one of your sites and now I get error 500 server cannot be found I have now lost a lot of info and personal messages and possible buisness over this so what you going to do about this farce

Customer Rating

I am forever updating my microsoft xp
Every time I finish using my computer, you are always requesting me to update
Even when I click to ignore the update, you still carry out the update
I am sick of the sight of you asking me to update my windows
This makes me want to go out and buy a Apple Mac!

All these updates cost me and my electricity bill! Who has to pay this? Me!

I understand why we need to update our software but in recent months your just taking the piss

I would like a full response as this causes me inconvenience and money!

Customer Rating

I am sending you a complaint about your wonderful idea of a windows update, when on a windows machine, it need electricity from the mains to power it in order to make these updates, why on earth would you create the updates to update when you want the computer to turn off and then give the message 'please do not turn power off', have you ever thought of power cuts?! Well I thank you for being idiotic and doing the update that way, because now my computer is bust. Microsoft is rubbish and I am glad that I turned to Apple soon.

Customer Rating

In a recent set of Windows updates, most of which were fixing security bugs that Microsoft's slipshod programming engendered, users are being denied access to their Word 2003 documents. This company wants users to upgrade to Microsoft Word 2010. Now when I try to load a .doc file created with Microsoft Word 2003, a notice appears with the false statement that only Microsoft Word 2010 can process this file. The system refuses to use Microsoft Word 2003 anymore. So I had to restore my computer to an earlier state to remove the malicious Microsoft program that is trying to blackmail me into buying their upgraded (but not improved) word processor.

Customer Rating

I have been on phone with Microsoft for 6 hours - only to be transferred from department to department disconnected and retransferred all over again, only to be told that even though when you buy a microsoft software program with a 90 FREE support, that basically it is not their problem it is the problem of Best Buy where I purchased it and to take it back to them and they will JUST TRADE ME out of the software and GIVE me the correct one.

NO, Best Buy will not do that except for another $199.00..................... The only software product in my computer is MICROSOFT!!!!

Why can't Microsoft help me? I need my Outlook 2007 Back!!!!

Oops! Google Chrome could not find co102w.col102.mail.live.com
Suggestions:
Go to live.­com
Search on Google:

The good news is I still have a Hotmail Account. the bad news is every time I open it i get the above silly message then have to click on to live.com to get into my Hotmail account. I resent this interference. I think I am being pressurised to switch to some new system . I am perfectly happy with the Hotmail system I've known for yeasr, despite the fact that they messed about with the format recently for no better purpose as far as I can see than as part of some cunning plan to detatch customer loyalty from Hotmail. It's just the same with Google - all this pressure to sign up to Google Chrome. I don't Google getting its hands on more personal data of mine just to try and sell me stuff, which is what this is all about. I am perfectly capable of making consumer choices for myself and hate this "big brother " approach they try on with everyone. So what can I do to get rid of these silly messages and continue with Hotmail as I was before? And if anyone tells me it's to improve the quality of our service to you or any of that bilge I shall scream!

Customer Rating

I have owned an x box & played all the games since it came out including all of the COD & BO games.
I'm a recently retired combat vet & I played black ops 2 & enjoyed it a great deal & was going out today to buy a new copy for myself.
But...
I have discovered that the same "aimbot" that ruined online play for so many gamers had just been released today & online gaming sucks dick yet again because you all haven't prevented it, or patched those cheating shit bags out of play.
just like the last 2 that came out BO & COD 3.
my friend & quite a few others,13 to count, that I know are telling me it's ruined because of the aimbot being introduced again & they are trading in the game cuzz they are extremely disappointed & pissed.
I for one hope that you as a reputable company will address the major issue & tend to the cheating basterds that can't play with any skill & hack the game to their benefit because they have no skill.
Fix the issue & or kick off xbox live the turds that have the aimbot so the rest of us serious gamers can get & play online again.
Sincerely a real mother fucker & disappointed serious gamer.

Customer Rating

I am writing to express my confusion as to why Microsoft feels the need to "FORCE" it's exsisting Hotmail customers to "SWITCH" to a NEW email service, "Outlook."

For months now, I have been "TORTURED" with "BLUE BOXES" appearing on both left and right sides of my hotmail page, showing the 'WONDERFUL' advantages of using Outlook. While some may see this as a "necessary evil" I WILL CLOSE my account and MOVE ON to another email provider altogether if I am not allowed to continue to use my exsisiting Hotmail account.

I WILL NOT be "FORCED" or "REQUIRED" to use a 'DIFFERENT' email program just because Microsoft has decided arbitrarily to MAKE customers USE OUTLOOK !!!

I am happy with my Hotmail account, and if allowed to keep it, I will use it, but if this DECISION to FORCE me to switch to OUTLOOK is NOT REVERSED, I will become a "FORMER CUSTOMER" and will NEVER again have any use for Microsoft. I will become their WORST critic and I will SCRUTINIZE every move in the future !

Please RE-THINK this BAD IDEA of SWITCHING PEOPLE from the email service they have used and are familiar with.

Thanks,

Richard Garrison

Morganton, NC 28655

radioannouncer@hotmail.com - (Soon to be an "OLD EMAIL ADDRESS")

Customer Rating

Windows security updates have interfered with my ability to use my computer for more than a year. I am FED UP with it. How can I stop Windows from using all of my on-line time to update itself? I am paying for my own use of my internet service - not for Windows to use it to update itself to the point that I cannot access my internet service. What is the point of having internet service if Windows security hogs my internet service line and my machine????????

Companies Like Microsoft