Customer Satisfaction Results

Microsoft

Complaint Department

Posted by Der Bengel on Feb 21, 2015
Customer Rating

I have a bunch of complaints. In 2013 I padi $149 for MS tech support. Out of 5 issues, MS solved ONE problem. When I again asked about the other 4 problems, I was told, "I don't know." WHAT?! And so I had to go out and solve the other 4 on my own. I solved 3 out of 4 problems. I could never find a solution for the 1 and ended up reinstalling windows. $149 down the drain. And do you know HOW they solved the one problem? They dared to have remote access on my computer and go to tweaking.com and install their software to fix my computer. I could have installed and ran the toolbox and/or installed Windows for FREE!!! Another problem: The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000 keyboard and mouse combo was the BEST combo they ever made and they quit selling it! Yet they still sell the 4000, which is WIRED. I want wireless for my living room. On top of that they created the sculpt for sale, which looks like they took a thin layer off the old 7000. There's no zoom switch, program hotkeys and so on.

Anytime Upgrades: They no longer offer you to buy a disc for reinstallation, and we all know with Microsoft Windows that IS going to happen down the road. System Restore: It's SO flawed that even MS Tech Support told me to turn it off to save space and memory. In Europe, it's banned for MS to include proprietary Internet Explorer and security software (Defender/Firewall) but we have to still suffer with all the bloatware. MS Community is full of voolunteers but it's getting to where it's going downhill. Either you get a generic answer or you get NO answer at all. IF you tell them you tried that, they no longer offer any other solutions. I still have my 2nd older laptop and I am going to send it to "Linux World". Not even going to bother reinstalling Windows on it. And when Windows 7 support dies, I should understand Linux enough to switch this one over by then too.

8 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Microsoft provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Microsoft?

Compare Microsoft to Similar Computers more...

More Microsoft Complaints

Customer Rating

to who it may concern. since nov 18 2014 to feb 17 2015 I have had 84 visa debits from Microsoft *billing-a north ryde totaling approx $6000.00 which has left my account well into the red and unable to pay rent or buy food, petrol not to mention all the other expenses of a large family. I do not have any money coming in until march, this has left my whole family deeply distressed. the only thing that we have purchased with the debit card from Microsoft was an xbox gold account for my two boys, they have no access to my debit card or the password needed to access my account. I need to know urgently why this has happened. is it a case of fraud?. I look forward to your prompt reply.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

i recently had to upgrade my computer i had it formatted new motherboard cpu and all the good stuff and instead of windows 7 32 i got a new disk of windows 7 64 bit after much frustration to get my copy fixed and install proper drivers this morning i got a update which i found when i had to do a systems restore due to a black screen of death caused by something and since it worked before the update i'm assuming that was the issue so if your update is the culprate please fix it because you'll get a very unpolite phone call from me and i'm very patient but if this does it again wont happen and since who ever gets this message is not the causer of the issue i wont be mad at you personally and hope you don't see it that way, have a nice day.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Microsoft Xbox hotline and revelation were notified by myself and the police detective handling my case that he needed the IP addresses used on my stolen x box one and he was told that no subpoena was needed for the information because a fraudulent charge was made on my account as well but its 12 days later and the detective has still not received the information which now decreases the chance of getting the stolen property back. I find this very unacceptable because if they would have just sent the information the culprits would not have had time to get rid of the x box once I locked it. I find it hard to believe that Microsoft cares so little for their consumer base. I wish someone would contact me and explain why nothing was done even with the direct communication with the detective in charge of my case. I can be reached after 1pm at2103621280 the ccan for Microsoft which was closed before resolved by revelation department.

Customer Rating

When I was on Facebook.com, I received a Photograph of Mr.Bill Gate's sitting in a chair smiling, holding a piece of cardboard,stating due to tax reasons,he was offering to whom ever,to click share/invite,he would give $5k.per. Click,well,i sent the share onto BINETUSA.@yahoogroups.com, there where over 1,560 members, at $5,000 per click, calculated to, $78,000,000.00 ,I've already sent the original complaint via www.bbb.org I've followed Mr.Gate's instructions, received nothing!,if you would like to have me send to you,info.please send me an email address. i'm disabled and in a wheelchair, getting ready to lose my place to live, due to no income, pending ssi, appeals process,in the emaill, i'll send you my mailing address,we need to get this issue resolved asap,plus i have a rebuilt Dell latitude D610,Laptop,won't upgrade or anything,in my response to Mr. Bill Gates,i was being honest with the man,I was doing this,to obtain,the funds for our first Wiccan Monastary.

Customer Rating

Does anyone else want to file a class action lawsuit against Microsoft for their continual lack of services. I feel I have a lawsuit all by myself since the product that was purchased for me Surface Pro almonst burned my leg and when it was this hot it cracked the screen and Microsoft will not take responsibility for it. They have lead me on since 2/7/15 with we will help you until today now they say they can't help me. This production cast $900 out of my familys pocket for a christmas gift and I have not been able to use it. I have several claim ticket numbers I just want someone else join in with me.

Customer Rating

I was sold a Microsoft Assure package for $158 and when I tried to get help for an issue I was having with Access 2013, I was told it was a commercial product and would cost me $400 for a contract. I had specifically told the Microsoft people I used Access and was having some issues with it when I bought Assure. No problem, they said! On top of everything, I got cut off my phone conversation after calling and being put on hold (about 30 minutes of wasted time). Microsoft if a bully and some of their products are VERY unstable. Going to try to get my money back, since the Assure package is useless!

Customer Rating

Something happened during the Office 365 renewal/update process for Outlook. All of my email accounts stopped working after the update I did not change any settings or do anything. The problem is entirely attributable to Microsoft. Called tech support. Got India on the line. Went through 5 very polite but totally incompetent individuals who kept asking and re-asking questions as a PREMLIMINARY step to get to tech support. Got to support technician after 45 minutes. Answer: Call your email service provider (AOL). So Microsoft causes the problem and your tech support is so incompetent they are unable to diagnose or fix it. Total waste of my time.

2015-02-24 11:01 AM
Service Call
Office 365 Home
Case number 8664253959
2015-02-24 11:40 AM
New case number: 1281053781

Still trying to fix something your company caused. Plus the Indian accent is impossible to understand. Adds 50% to the call time. You are not saving any money.

Customer Rating

Ok so recently updated my Nokia Lumia 520 to Windows 8.1 and it sucks. First off my games used to be separate,but now its in my main menu. Second, they made apps for the photos, music and videos. Wtf ??? Third They put a lot of extra crappy apps on which no one actually uses like storage sense which only slows the phone. Fourth, no file manager or file directory, so I can't do shit with it. And last but not least, the updates keep failing. I can't update apps because it keeps failing.

Customer Rating

I received a microsoft surfuce pr on december 27, 2014. I reported the screen crack and the heat of the deivce within 2 weeks of having this product. I have asked so many time where do I mail it back so it can get fixed. I have so many emails from them and they are not doing anything. I truly would like to file a lawsuit agaist this company for customer abuse. This company has not made one effort to follow through with any customer service. This devise is so hot that it almost burned my leg and they did not respond. I need to know what I can do to file a lawsuit against the no response, no care microsoft Inc. This is insane. I try everyday and the email address or phone numbers change. Please help me. My family got this for me because I have breast cancer and it was easier to use during treatment.

Customer Rating

Microsoft cancelled the only good and affordable deal they have offered for their over priced online gaming (the xbox live family gold pass). In a world where PS3 has free online gaming I do not understand why they would decide to further , for lack of a better word, stick it to their loyal consumers. If something is not done soon I will be taking my business to Sony. Thanks for the appreciation Microsoft.

Customer Rating

My hotmail live account was blocked by micorsoft yesterday under the pretext that someone else was using it. Indeed I have authorised another person access to my account but that is my private decision! I have entered all necesary data (alternate e-mail account, secret question, e-mails of contacts, folders, subject) all I can remember but the account is still blocked!

Since last night European time I keep being told I have to get back in 24 hours time. Does microsoft understand that I access my hotmail account from different computers (I have 3) registered/purchased in different countries, that I travel and do not sit in the same place?! I cannot even ask for support on the standard support page/forum since for that I need to enter my hotmail password and it is refused.

There isn't even an e-mail of microsoft that I can write to. This is outrageous as I no longer have access to my contact list, people are unable to contact me, precious documents are lost.

Customer Rating

I had a live account and got message someone else might be useing it so opened a outlook account on my Mobil as I am away getting married when I go to the recovery page I get a secruity message saying this site is not trusted why is that when it is one of your sites and now I get error 500 server cannot be found I have now lost a lot of info and personal messages and possible buisness over this so what you going to do about this farce

Customer Rating

I am forever updating my microsoft xp
Every time I finish using my computer, you are always requesting me to update
Even when I click to ignore the update, you still carry out the update
I am sick of the sight of you asking me to update my windows
This makes me want to go out and buy a Apple Mac!

All these updates cost me and my electricity bill! Who has to pay this? Me!

I understand why we need to update our software but in recent months your just taking the piss

I would like a full response as this causes me inconvenience and money!

Customer Rating

I am sending you a complaint about your wonderful idea of a windows update, when on a windows machine, it need electricity from the mains to power it in order to make these updates, why on earth would you create the updates to update when you want the computer to turn off and then give the message 'please do not turn power off', have you ever thought of power cuts?! Well I thank you for being idiotic and doing the update that way, because now my computer is bust. Microsoft is rubbish and I am glad that I turned to Apple soon.

Customer Rating

In a recent set of Windows updates, most of which were fixing security bugs that Microsoft's slipshod programming engendered, users are being denied access to their Word 2003 documents. This company wants users to upgrade to Microsoft Word 2010. Now when I try to load a .doc file created with Microsoft Word 2003, a notice appears with the false statement that only Microsoft Word 2010 can process this file. The system refuses to use Microsoft Word 2003 anymore. So I had to restore my computer to an earlier state to remove the malicious Microsoft program that is trying to blackmail me into buying their upgraded (but not improved) word processor.

Customer Rating

I have been on phone with Microsoft for 6 hours - only to be transferred from department to department disconnected and retransferred all over again, only to be told that even though when you buy a microsoft software program with a 90 FREE support, that basically it is not their problem it is the problem of Best Buy where I purchased it and to take it back to them and they will JUST TRADE ME out of the software and GIVE me the correct one.

NO, Best Buy will not do that except for another $199.00..................... The only software product in my computer is MICROSOFT!!!!

Why can't Microsoft help me? I need my Outlook 2007 Back!!!!

Oops! Google Chrome could not find co102w.col102.mail.live.com
Suggestions:
Go to live.­com
Search on Google:

The good news is I still have a Hotmail Account. the bad news is every time I open it i get the above silly message then have to click on to live.com to get into my Hotmail account. I resent this interference. I think I am being pressurised to switch to some new system . I am perfectly happy with the Hotmail system I've known for yeasr, despite the fact that they messed about with the format recently for no better purpose as far as I can see than as part of some cunning plan to detatch customer loyalty from Hotmail. It's just the same with Google - all this pressure to sign up to Google Chrome. I don't Google getting its hands on more personal data of mine just to try and sell me stuff, which is what this is all about. I am perfectly capable of making consumer choices for myself and hate this "big brother " approach they try on with everyone. So what can I do to get rid of these silly messages and continue with Hotmail as I was before? And if anyone tells me it's to improve the quality of our service to you or any of that bilge I shall scream!

Customer Rating

I have owned an x box & played all the games since it came out including all of the COD & BO games.
I'm a recently retired combat vet & I played black ops 2 & enjoyed it a great deal & was going out today to buy a new copy for myself.
But...
I have discovered that the same "aimbot" that ruined online play for so many gamers had just been released today & online gaming sucks dick yet again because you all haven't prevented it, or patched those cheating shit bags out of play.
just like the last 2 that came out BO & COD 3.
my friend & quite a few others,13 to count, that I know are telling me it's ruined because of the aimbot being introduced again & they are trading in the game cuzz they are extremely disappointed & pissed.
I for one hope that you as a reputable company will address the major issue & tend to the cheating basterds that can't play with any skill & hack the game to their benefit because they have no skill.
Fix the issue & or kick off xbox live the turds that have the aimbot so the rest of us serious gamers can get & play online again.
Sincerely a real mother fucker & disappointed serious gamer.

Customer Rating

I recieved call from Microsoft tech support in regard to frequent pop ups on home computer. paid $299 for 5 yr protection plan. after 2 weeks pop op began appearing again. today received call from tech support again standing they had installed the wrong program and they would have to redo the program to the proper one and it would cost me additional money. If this is your company they did not even keep a record as to how i paid. They installed a window 7 program when i have windows 8.1. They do not speak enough English to properly work phone service. It was the worst service i have ever had and that includes the Comcast company.

Customer Rating

I am so disappointed you Microsoft! The PC support is a fake! I contacted Tech support to see how to transfer email messages. PC Support page popped up...with a picture of a face named Matt Folsom....! HA! I immediately transferred to someone else to chat....than I was transferred to a man in India....who promptly scanned my computer and told me I had numerous infections.....to "FIX" them I had to pay $149.00 ! What a scam....NOW my computer is really screwed up...from the 'infections' YOUR India man put on my computer. I would like YOU to fix my computer...restore it back...get rid of the infections YOU put in there. This isn't the first time this has happened. Every time I try to navigate these dang 'pop ups' pop up telling me to "FIX" my window errors. YOU FIX THEM. I am going to change from Microsoft as soon as I can....meantime...it would be nice for you to correct the wrong you have placed upon this consumer. I really don't know why I even bothered to contact you and file a complaint.....this department is probably just as fake as the rest of your features!

Contact the Microsoft Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Microsoft. What is their corporate mailing address?

Redmond, WA 98052, Redmond, WA 98052
  • I want to call the Microsoft customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

425-882-8080
  • I need to visit the Microsoft company website. What is their website address?