Customer Satisfaction Results

Microsoft

Complaint Department

Filed by Der Bengel on Feb 21, 2015
Consumer Rating

I have a bunch of complaints. In 2013 I padi $149 for MS tech support. Out of 5 issues, MS solved ONE problem. When I again asked about the other 4 problems, I was told, "I don't know." WHAT?! And so I had to go out and solve the other 4 on my own. I solved 3 out of 4 problems. I could never find a solution for the 1 and ended up reinstalling windows. $149 down the drain. And do you know HOW they solved the one problem? They dared to have remote access on my computer and go to tweaking.com and install their software to fix my computer. I could have installed and ran the toolbox and/or installed Windows for FREE!!! Another problem: The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000 keyboard and mouse combo was the BEST combo they ever made and they quit selling it! Yet they still sell the 4000, which is WIRED. I want wireless for my living room. On top of that they created the sculpt for sale, which looks like they took a thin layer off the old 7000. There's no zoom switch, program hotkeys and so on. Anytime Upgrades: They no longer offer you to buy a disc for reinstallation, and we all know with Microsoft Windows that IS going to happen down the road. System Restore: It's SO flawed that even MS Tech Support told me to turn it off to save space and memory. In Europe, it's banned for MS to include proprietary Internet Explorer and security software (Defender/Firewall) but we have to still suffer with all the bloatware. MS Community is full of voolunteers but it's getting to where it's going downhill. Either you get a generic answer or you get NO answer at all. IF you tell them you tried that, they no longer offer any other solutions. I still have my 2nd older laptop and I am going to send it to "Linux World". Not even going to bother reinstalling Windows on it. And when Windows 7 support dies, I should understand Linux enough to switch this one over by then too.

10 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Microsoft?

Compare Microsoft to Similar Computers more...

Microsoft Customer Feedback Trending Now

279 Microsoft consumers have created complaints against Microsoft to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Microsoft complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Microsoft corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

My ros.taylor@hotmail.com account was blocked even though I input the correct password. I am travelling overseas visiting family and tried accessing my account on their computer/internet - blocked. I have submitted several Support forms with Technical Team but still cannot get my account reinstated. I have also had several on-line chat sessions with Support Personnel. Hotmail accounts should only be blocked if the incorrect password is input several times, not due to one's location or the computer they are using. I set up my Hotmail account in the first place due to global accessibility. Am totally frustrated with Microsoft's security blocks and now will consider changing service provider. I have been now waiting 144 hours to get this matter resolved, well past your 24 hour limit. Microsoft please review your security policy and reinstate my account immediately.

Consumer Rating

I hate windows 8.1 I cant import pics from my camera! Tired of talking to ignorant customer support reps who cant speak coherent English. I will sell my new Toshiba & buy apple product!

Consumer Rating

I bought the new Lumia phone from a store. I had the phone two day's then it got a scratch on the screen, i still worked on it, because it's only a scratch. Then the whole screen cracked. I took it back to the store, but they refuse to repair it on their cost. A screen is not supposed to crack so easily. I'm so disappointed, had the phone for two days and the screen cracked? It's disappointing that a customer spends quality money on a not-so-good quality phone. If Microsoft won't repair my phone then I expect a FULL refund! I need a phone as my whole career depends on it. Fix this mistake Microsoft and fix it fast!

Consumer Rating

I signed up for Assure support 7 April 2015 with Microsoft and they could not fix my laptop. Case number 12856214800. On Friday 10 April 2015 after spending 8 Am till 9.38 Am trying to get my refund back with Antenalla , Reanna Bev Uk, Arnold, Amar, Kate UK, Ryan Malkin supervisor of Syed level two who should have rang me today 11 April 2015, to refund my £95, Case Number 1285614800. The Microsoft telephone number and email or website does not work as you can get nobody, it just sends you round in circles and it is no good as they put the phone down or just leave you with music or pretend they do not understand. Syed Supervisor Malkin said Syed would ring today and he has not and we did agree a time 10 am till 12 Pm and nothing. I also do not like to be kept waiting while Syed is dealing with 3 other customers at the same time as me. I am also suspicious about Syed saying he is a writer too, when I did not tell him that I was. I insist on my refund of £95 off Syed or who ever deals with the refunding of my £95. Please reply to my complain at the email above. My other email to the support has not been answered. Thank you Mrs Ellis.

Consumer Rating

To Whom It May Concern. If Microsoft does not stop attempting to force Windows 8.1 on my system I am going to wipe Windows 8 and go on from there.

Consumer Rating

I receive one to two calls a day from a person having accent (most probably Indian) identifying his self as Microsoft technical support technician. The phone id is "unavailable" and the number is "1". I have asked repeatedly to stop the calls but they keep on coming. If this call is from Microsoft or a Microsoft contractor please have them stopped.

Consumer Rating

First of all I tried to hook up windows live photo gallery, and you asked me for my windows acct. and I did not remember password, anyway you said you would send code to my e-mail, cell phone etc. and the numbers you had for my phone was not right. I tried and tried and to no avail. Then I wanted to set up the update I received from windows update and it was the same thing so I clicked the one that said someone else is using my product, and then I finally got it loaded right. I wnt all my google and windows products to work right together because I am getting ready to st my cell phone up. I do believe I am synchronized , I think and I do have a windows acct. I think but really it took along while and really quite complicated.

I hope I can trust Microsoft because it seems you were making it really hard to download. If you have any suggestions on synchronizing my whole computer between google, yahoo, and Microsoft, please let me know. Also I had Skype on the start menu, what is the difference between that Skype and the download for the desktop. I am running windows 8.1 64 bit . I also enabled enhanced protection mode. I searched for info. about this and never did really get an answer to this question..However, with the info. I did get I turned it on, is that good . I think Microsoft is a good company and I realize there is a lot of info.

Consumer Rating

I bought a Nokia 925 phone with Windows 8 installed and set it up to work with my EE/Orange mobile phone/ mobile data contract. To set it up I had to load my Microsoft account. In doing this I was invited to supply a credit card or debit card payment method to use for payment for purchases made via my Microsoft account shop. I did not do this because I did not want to make purchases and I did not want to expose myself to the risk of accidental or fraudulent charges. I was surprised to find that, in the absence of a credit or debit card, Windows had loaded my EE/Orange account as a payment method. I did not ask for or authorize this, and I do not want it. I have contacted my mobile service provider to ask them to block my account from receiving third party charges. They have said that they cannot do this while I am using Windows. I have asked Microsoft to block any charges. They say this is not their responsibility and I should speak to my mobile service provider. This is clearly something built in to the Windows 8 wallet app which is proprietary to Microsoft. I therefore wish to complain to Microsoft that they will not fix my complaint.

Consumer Rating

I purchase MS 2013 and later found that I had two copies not one and only ordered one. I had the tech Ashley M work in the installation and the 2013 took over my computer and all icons were Word...she tried to fix it but to no avail. then Lhyn tried to fix the program and after way to many hours failed as well...the only thing Lhyn did was give me credit for the two MS 2013 programs...my computer is inoperable and I will need to take in for repair at Best Buy or other location....not my idea of what MS should be all about...I think you owe me for the repair to my computer!

Consumer Rating

Microsoft office 2013 product number JT8PN-XWRRW-G67RD-RVMT2-PGWQD does not activate any more. Order number was 449356007. Microsoft does not recognize and I do not know Microsoft password. I sign onto
desktop userid with my name and it still will not activate. How do I contact them with my product complaint about MS office? Horrible service so far and not really solving my problem.

Consumer Rating

Friday afternoon I turn on my laptop went into Internet explorer and there was a message across the screen, saying that my computors was slowing down due to a possible hack. Photo copies of the warning and phone number are in my photo gallery. I did,nt call the number but went to the Internet to look up Microsoft to see if they could help me. I click on Microsoft site and was directed to Geek Technical Support. When I talk to them they seem to have the know how and remotely intered my computors and showed me that a Trojan had infected my computors. In conversation I was told that they were a third party for Microsoft and they could fix my problem, for 1 computor it was like $400. For 2 computors it would be $479. So I gave them my credit card number. talking to them further I felt really uncomfortable because they started to ask for passwords, that I didn,t give and I told the women rebecca to stop the process and she told me she couldn't,t because the prices had already started. I repeated to her a couple more times to cancel every thing and she said I needed to talk to her supervisor. Talk to her supervisor and he sai he would cancel but I needed to pay for a license which was $199. I told them no and I needed to talk to some one before I make a decision.i called my credit union to see if I was billed and they said yes but it hadn't,t been process yet. I need some help here what should I do?

Consumer Rating

I'd like to start off by saying that the Microsoft official website is not very user friendly. There should be a quick Contact Us option that allows me to write out a personal email to you. I'm not able to delete notes off OneNote in a simple way. The delete trashcan is always grayed out. In order to do so I have to turn off my wifi then turn it back on so it can sync up and then it lights up. But I can only do this one at a time and sometimes it can't sync and I end up spending 10 minutes on deleting things when I could just spend 2. I think that needs to be fixed in the next update. Another thing I would like to have fixed on my phone is snapchat. I'm very upset that I don't have that app anymore. And I don't understand why an agreement can't be made. I know a great amount of snapchat and WP users are upset about this. Finally, I would just like to say that I won't be buying another WP ever again. It was great for the first month but now it sucks. It's not user friendly and neither is customer support. I'm not happy with this phone and the Microsoft company but I am stuck with you for another 2 years.

Consumer Rating

I have a laptop and a desktop computer that were both running windows 8 that have both been updated to windows 8.1 . when I allowed my laptop to update to 8.1 I lost 2" of screen on each side of the screen when playing games that are set to full screen I called for tech. help and they took control of my computer to see if they could help. After 4 hrs. she thought my games were not compatible to the system. please correct me if I am wrong but anything that is compatible with windows 8 should be with windows 8.1.she then said she would send me to a games tech and the connection was not good so I had gotten a phone # from her during our 4 hrs. of trying to find and fix the problem and a case # 1285079779 so I called back and explained that I thought the problem was built in to the windows 8.1 updates and they gave me to a update tech. now please understand I had already went out and bought a new computer with windows 8.1 built in it and it has the same problem.

The tech told me it would cost me a one time fee of 100.00 for them to stay with the problem and fix it. the problem is built in to there up dates so either they did this knowing what would happen to make money. or if they did not know it when presented with the problem the would make new updates and fix it for everyone. I expect that when I buy a new computer that I have not changed any setting on that when I play a game full screen it will be full screen not missing 2" on each side and they want to charge me to fix it. I always thought updates would improve your computer not take things away. I do not mind paying for improvements but I do mind being charged for something that should already be there it was there on windows 8 I thought windowes8.1 was supposed to be an improvement. very upset with 8.1 I hope that they will find and fix the problem for all with new updates and stand behind there product.

Consumer Rating

I returned from holiday to find that I could not access my Hotmail accountI duly filled in a form online some three times. Nothing happened. I decided reluctantly to use a firm who said they could restore it for £39They duly did this saying it had been hacked in Russia! I wrote a detailed letter of complaint to Microsoft, no reply to date...

Consumer Rating

On Monday ,March30th, 2015 , I was trying to enter my verizonEmail,My computer locked up and there was a warning concerning security protection . It would not let me intoThe program . It gave me a member to call(1-844-415 - 0000 ) . A young man answered the phone and preceded to ask questionsAbout the problem I was experiencing with my computer . This young man claimed to be working for VerizonAs a tech support technician , and that he could fix the problem . He then asks me to Let him gain AccessTo my computer in order to fix the problem . He also saysThat the service for this was free . I let him in to gain control Of the computerAnd was being introduced to a Security software that I needed To correct the problem . I knew something was wrong in the way he was trying to sale the software and also some of the dialogue he was using about the problem . I immediately stopped him and asked what company do you represent? you said you was with the verizon Supports technicians .He immediately hung up the phone . I was able to shut down the computer and restored In order to gain contro ,and to get rid of the virus I know that they put into the computer.

Today a similar thing happen and They said they was technicians for Microsoft .Supposedly the manager named Is Sam Anderson from Microsoft's centerWhich he gave me an ID -MS 0008945-309, phone number 1-844 - 890 - 6705 , the young man's name were Faifal Fai-00 289 , and from yesterday march 29th , the young man's name was Dean Smith.These individuals are trying to slam customers into the software program to fix their computers . I know that this is against the law.Someone needs to investigate this situation . What was also troubling , was that the name of the software program (Mayasar)In which I could not find it mentioned in software outlets, but when I look it up from the computer this name is closely Related to some Arabic community , and there were A symbol that reminded you of Isis . This may be a coincident, but I think someone need to investigate these actions .I am going to report This to the Federal government as well.I would like to hear a response from your Corporate office concerning this issue .
Thanks

Consumer Rating

I bought office 365 for a new desktop that I purchased. I downloaded the program and the icons came up on the computer. Then Microsoft took it upon themselves to attach this new purchase to my current account. They put the new card on my account and updated it another year out, instead of putting the program on the desktop it was downloaded on. How did they access my laptop to do this. I have made (8) attempts now to get this resolved. A month has already run out of my subscription. I am told every time that I contact them that it has been sent to escalation and that I will have a call back within two hours. Six days later and I still have a product that I cannot use. They have a very very poor customer service department. They don't correct mistakes. They have your money and they could care less if you are happy or not. Why? We all have to have their products on our computers.

Consumer Rating

Surface Pro 3 is totally useless as you can't use a cd drive or a hand scanner. There isn't enough power and can't add any external hubs or anything to produce the extra power. I got rid of my computer so I can't get my pics/songs that are on cd onto the surface pro 3. Sales people were no help either. Told it would take the place of my computer but it's nothing more than a tablet which I already have. Any suggestions?

Consumer Rating

I recieved call from Microsoft tech support in regard to frequent pop ups on home computer. paid $299 for 5 yr protection plan. after 2 weeks pop op began appearing again. today received call from tech support again standing they had installed the wrong program and they would have to redo the program to the proper one and it would cost me additional money. If this is your company they did not even keep a record as to how i paid. They installed a window 7 program when i have windows 8.1. They do not speak enough English to properly work phone service. It was the worst service i have ever had and that includes the Comcast company.

Consumer Rating

I am so disappointed you Microsoft! The PC support is a fake! I contacted Tech support to see how to transfer email messages. PC Support page popped up...with a picture of a face named Matt Folsom....! HA! I immediately transferred to someone else to chat....than I was transferred to a man in India....who promptly scanned my computer and told me I had numerous infections.....to "FIX" them I had to pay $149.00 ! What a scam....NOW my computer is really screwed up...from the 'infections' YOUR India man put on my computer. I would like YOU to fix my computer...restore it back...get rid of the infections YOU put in there. This isn't the first time this has happened. Every time I try to navigate these dang 'pop ups' pop up telling me to "FIX" my window errors. YOU FIX THEM. I am going to change from Microsoft as soon as I can....meantime...it would be nice for you to correct the wrong you have placed upon this consumer. I really don't know why I even bothered to contact you and file a complaint.....this department is probably just as fake as the rest of your features!

Consumer Rating

I do not want Skype! I do not want it listed as a download in the updates area because i had chosen to download all updates......screw that!! Same thing about bing desktop! Stop forcing upon us, unwanted Microsoft garbage programs that we do not want!! Microsoft can smell my farts!

Contact the Microsoft Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Microsoft. What is their corporate mailing address?

• Redmond, WA 98052
    • Redmond
    • WA 98052
  • I want to call the Microsoft customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

425-882-8080
  • I need to visit the Microsoft company website. What is their website address?