Microsoft

Most Popular Complaint about Microsoft

Posted by Linda Stott on Jan 30, 2015
Customer Rating

i recently had to upgrade my computer i had it formatted new motherboard cpu and all the good stuff and instead of windows 7 32 i got a new disk of windows 7 64 bit after much frustration to get my copy fixed and install proper drivers this morning i got a update which i found when i had to do a systems restore due to a black screen of death caused by something and since it worked before the update i'm assuming that was the issue so if your update is the culprate please fix it because you'll get a very unpolite phone call from me and i'm very patient but if this does it again wont happen and since who ever gets this message is not the causer of the issue i wont be mad at you personally and hope you don't see it that way, have a nice day.

Did Microsoft provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Microsoft?

2 out of 5

Website

www.microsoft.com

More Microsoft Complaints

Customer Rating

Microsoft Windows 8 is the most maddening, frustrating piece of crap ever foisted on innocent consumers. Unwanted sidebar user menus constantly popping onto screen, random loss of working documents, sudden popups of unwanted documents e.g. picture library, email sign in: random magnification of screen, loss of icons on desktop at every update, Bill gates needs to return half of his 72 billion to windows 8 purchasers. At least give us the option of downloading Windows 7 at no charge. My wife and I have both regretted not buying the more expensive but significantly better Apple computers after being forced to use Microsoft Windows 8.

Customer Rating

Well I have had this Microsoft surface for over 2 years and I have had problems with it rite off the bat I had problems I can't access my teachers website I can't download any thing I can't change any settings it blokes me from almost every thing so what is it good for if I can't use it form the purposes I got it for I have a iPad and I haven't had any problems with it at all just saying come on Microsoft I trusted you to make a good product vs. Apple and now I am wishing I wouldn't have switched.

Customer Rating

The song pack for Rocksmith 2014 is called Bon Jovi song pack and cost me $15.95. I would still like to have the song pack but have tried everything I can as far as trying to download it several times over the past couple of days. As far as the other packs I have downloaded, they have come through, this is the only one that hasn't and because this has never happened to me before I don't know what to do. If necessary I do have the billing information here from Microsoft I can send for verification that I have purchased this song pack.

Customer Rating

In 1995 Microsoft had the best customer service in the USA. Today it ranks below Comcast which is at the bottom of the list. I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 and they are now no longer supporting it. What a bunch of scum bags. I hope they all rot in HELL! I am going to Apple. I know from past experience they are high integrity people.

Customer Rating

I purchased the Entertainment Package (first mistake). My XBOX was stolen before I could begin using the XBOX live subscription because had to wait for current one to expire. Now that has happened no one can seem to start my Entertainment Package. I have to wait up to 5 days for the “advocacy” team to get back to me? I am paying $14.99 a month and right now I have no service. My cable company does a better job than this. I should be able to have it started regardless if you can find the information or not. The proof is the credit card charge every month that you seem to have no problem functioning. Also, little control over information re: stolen XBOX. I should be able to keep my stolen xbox serial number from being registered for XBOX live account. And it should be required to have a serial # to get a Live account. I will not be buying anymore Microsoft products. Too bad you bought the xbox business.

Customer Rating

i have spent the better part of the last few days trying to figure out my password every time u sent a code to my secondary account listed
jtbrovich@yahoo.com” it wont except it i have another sent and the same thing 4times now IM locked out so im done doing this ur way the account jerseygypsy7@live.com is logged in on my phone would u please just send my password or a new one to one or both of the accounts listed in this email and fix ur problems with ur password reset process excepting codes i have friends who would be able to do the job for u if u dont have the staffing

Customer Rating

My VAIO was working perfectly until (I made the mistake of allowing “Automatic Updates”). Updates downloaded to my computer that caused it to be completely un-functional. I ran the restore program, which made it work again, but I lost my MS Office 2013 program, which now shows “empty” on the folder.

I have used your product for many years and I am so very “sick” of dealing with the continuous problems! Every OS you come out with is stricken with problems. Problems the average user cannot rectify on their own. Reliability is zero with your product line. There’s always something wrong with Microsoft, something that ends in the user losing functionality, losing a significant part of being able to use your products. I think it’s intentional and I think I can prove that in court.

I will file a formal complaint with the Federal Trade Commission on this matter because I’m absolutely sick of having to spend my time trying to fix my PC problems, which originate with Microsoft. This is simply pathetic. I am sitting here typing, and my cursor is jumping around so frantically, I have to stop, correct, then continue. Definitely a Windows 7 issue. Something I never experienced until I installed Windows 7. Pathetic! In fact, it took me thirty minutes, just to type these few lines. Come off of your money making horse and start providing quality! We shouldn’t have to renew our OS every two years. Pathetic!

Customer Rating

The Xbox Live service provided for the Xbox one is really poor. It is unreliable, inconsistent and often unusable. For a paid for service it is not good value and really shouldn’t be something Microsoft struggles to provide.

The control pads are just a poor. In 4 months I have had 4 faulty ones replaced. To be on number five in this amount of time is appalling for something that costs £50 a piece and again, shouldn’t be something Microsoft has an issue in producing high quality, durable hardware.

Lastly, it seems to me that they couldn’t give a flying f*** about their customers. Anyone that has tried complaining to them directly will know that it is impossible to find an email address. Any postal address you can find probably won’t be the right one and likely wouldn’t reply anyway. A very anti-customer company in my view. Your only options are to wait in line for a Live chat for 85 minutes in my case or speak to a site ambassador that can probably to little to help.

Customer Rating

It has been several months since I have accessed my hotmail account, when I came back to it my account has been wiped out. There were very important emails and a lot that were sentimental. I tried to recover them. I need someone to help me get them back please and thank you.

Customer Rating

wish to have all email accounts in my name forwarding to my askinner1973@hotmail.com account , been hacked hijacked violated in everyway possible , I shared this system with my mother and her boy friend and am unsure where all my info went pdf files federal express trackng numbers prizes free gifts items to be shipped to me exetra please assist me with this sincely Aubrey skinner pobox 1529 Waldport Oregon 97394 3851 east alsea hwy space 44

Customer Rating

I have a Nokia lumia 720 phone and since entering the two year contract last year I have had my Hotmail account hacked, can`t upload pics, no ability to download apps and now I have found out I can`t transfer my numbers due to them being transferred onto the Hotmail account. Not happy.

i have tried to access my email account shazs250@hotmail.com
it looks like i have being hacked i cant remember my employment
question as it was many years ago i set this up, i have spoke to
many technichal teams that have took over my laptop from microsoft
who say than can fix it then they come out with all these charges
i am discusted my personal stuff bank details my granddaughters
personal stuff are on my account
I am having to use an alternative email addy which does not help my problem

Customer Rating

Hiya, I’ve been using my hotmail account for many years now which contains vital information and also a lot of important work. Today I tried to log in as normal and realised that my account had been hacked and that somebody else is accessing my account. I am absolutely gutted and I cannot believe that they will not help me find a solution to this problem. Please could you help me as soon as possible.
Thankyou

Customer Rating

Just bought my wife a new Desktop with windows 8.1 on it. You want a happy customer? If so send me a copy of windows 7 to over write 8.1 it is a complicated mumbo jumbo like a touch screen telephone. I and the wife wanted her to have a new computer. She has a phone. I heard from friends that 8 was a mess, and have several friends who simply loaded 7over it. One way or the other I’ll be next. At minimum you could have made a version for Desk and lap tops and added one for touch screen. Not real wise guys.

Customer Rating

Lately I have noticed many people saying things like “that’s a ways away” or “we’ve got a ways to go” – even anchors on television are speaking this way. Obviously “a” is singular and “ways” is plural and, therefore, they should not be used together. Out of curiosity I typed “a ways” on a Word document, spell/grammar checked it and it was accepted. If Microsoft could correct the spell/grammar check you would be contributing to a better spoken population.

Thank you.

Customer Rating

Me hot mail account has been blocked and I have provided the information that they requested including my phone number but no one has contacted me and all I am requested to do is give out private information. Can you inform me of the level of compensation you are going to pay me for the inconvenience you have caused me.

Customer Rating

So I downloaded GTA five from the Xbox live store and I Played it with my friends and then like after a month I tried to play GTA online and it would not work no matter what!!! I WAS FURIOUS AND I STILL CANT PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS NOW… So I need you guys to give me a new copy if the game or give me my money back!

Customer Rating

I just bought a Surface Rt from Best Buy. Microsoft is running a promotion whereby a free keypad s offered for this tablet. Best Buy claims to know nothing of this promotion and refuses to provide the keypad. I calld seeral MS numbers and was met with ignorance of the promotion.
How do I go about getting this keypad for my tablet??

Customer Rating

I have been trying to access my email for several days. The first day I had the problem I was sent an automated message with a code to enter. I listened to the code 5 times and only made out 4 numbers. When I entered those 4 numbers it told me I needed 5 numbers. The automated voice mail was pathetic and hard to understand. So I finally called the number for help. I talked to someone I could hardly understand, probably in a foreign country. He wanted remote access to my computer. I’m sorry but I do not let anyone have remote access to my computer. I think this stinks. I enter my login info correctly and I still cannot access my email. I have been irritated with outlook ever since it came on line. I do not appreciate people I don’t know wanting remote access to my computer and I think it stinks that it has to be done this way, especially when I enter the correct login info for my email and still can’t get access. Needless to say it has just prompted me to open another email account with some other service. I don’t know if I ever want to use outlook email again.

Customer Rating

hi i am a disabled person with 10 computers that all have xp on them i can not afford 10 new copy’s of windows 8 or 8.1 these are all my family’s computers all in one house we are all screwed when you end support for xp if you cant help you will lose me as a customer i will go to Linux it is free and it is not going to cost me $2000.00 two thousand dollars to fix all my computers what are you going to do about all the people that can not afford your software

Companies Like Microsoft

• Dell (11)
    34.545454545455

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!