Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Der Bengel
Feb 21, 2015 - Peoria, IL
Bad

I have a bunch of complaints. In 2013 I padi $149 for MS tech support. Out of 5 issues, MS solved ONE problem. When I again asked about the other 4 problems, I was told, "I don't know." WHAT?! And so I had to go out and solve the other 4 on my own. I solved 3 out of 4 problems. I could never find a solution for the 1 and ended up reinstalling windows. $149 down the drain. And do you know HOW they solved the one problem? They dared to have remote access on my computer and go to tweaking.com and install their software to fix my computer. I could have installed and ran the toolbox and/or installed Windows for FREE!!! Another problem: The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000 keyboard and mouse combo was the BEST combo they ever made and they quit selling it! Yet they still sell the 4000, which is WIRED. I want wireless for my living room. On top of that they created the sculpt for sale, which looks like they took a thin layer off the old 7000. There's no zoom switch, program hotkeys and so on. Anytime Upgrades: They no longer offer you to buy a disc for reinstallation, and we all know with Microsoft Windows that IS going to happen down the road. System Restore: It's SO flawed that even MS Tech Support told me to turn it off to save space and memory. In Europe, it's banned for MS to include proprietary Internet Explorer and security software (Defender/Firewall) but we have to still suffer with all the bloatware. MS Community is full of voolunteers but it's getting to where it's going downhill. Either you get a generic answer or you get NO answer at all. IF you tell them you tried that, they no longer offer any other solutions. I still have my 2nd older laptop and I am going to send it to "Linux World". Not even going to bother reinstalling Windows on it. And when Windows 7 support dies, I should understand Linux enough to switch this one over by then too.

Have you had problems with Microsoft?

Compare Microsoft to Similar Computers more...

Top 294 Reviews about Microsoft

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Microsoft customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Bad

I've been with Windows phone ever since I've had a phone, and wtf I am extremely mad!! You guys take 6snape away, ooh no you don't just stop there, you take away all the other alternatives for snap chat. This would not be a problem if you guys just had snap chat in the first place. So in return for this act I have posted what you've done to all my 5,000+ subscribers, and not just that but why this phone sucks. I swear I am moving on to android, you guys have screwed me over for the last time.

Great

On 04/29/15, I received from my granddaughter a message entitled: "No Subject" which in my giving her 2 pictures of the SARTORIUS MUSCLE to send me, as she knows how & at 79 years old, I don't. I wanted such pictures to send on to others who were interested in learning that after years of severe pain, I had learned that such stemmed from a troubled SARTORIUS MUSCLE (bad affect often comes from sitting).

I told several that I had email pictures of that muscle which I would email them so they could see what muscle I spoke of, and then, like myself, from Internet, learn more of it and exercises to combat problem. However, such will not go through, & I received a note from Microsoft account security letting me know they caused such. I AM FURIOUS!! I WANT THAT EMAIL CLEARED SO THAT I CAN SEND IT, ALONG WITH INFO CONCERNING IT!

I welcome any and all to see that email for the help they too could derive from such, too. That muscle causes pain to numerous people without them knowing, as I myself didn't, that it causes pain and what exercises help eradicate the pain.

Bad

I have spent several hours today trying to change the expiration date on my credit card that I use to pay for my MSN account. I have tried to do it online and with 3 different customer service people all to no avail. Two of the people say they will call me tomorrow and possibly solve the problem. Why is this simple change so difficult? Also 2 of these employees I spoke with were very difficult to understand.

Poor

We are well aware about the issues of identity theft and fraud these days so we have been strongly advised and persuaded to use different passwords for different accounts, memberships, et cetera. Due to the fact that I had not needed to use the Microsoft app on my phone in so long, I forgot my password. I had to reset it and did successfully. I was okay for the moment, but the thing was that password reset to the application had reset ALL OF MY PASSWORDS. I have at least two if not three things involving Microsoft requiring a password to gain access, and though they were all different to begin with, they were all changed to the single password used when resetting info on my Microsoft application. This is a serious issue and loophole that they need to get to fast and quickly fix, otherwise they pose as an access point for threats attempting to acquire information about one and commit identity theft and fraud in that individual's name.

Poor

I bought a Lumia 640XL and created my Microsoft account. However everytime I try to download an app, I'm continually notified to verify my Microsoft account by checking an email that's been sent to my Microsoft account. Problem is the email is never there (and there's no Junk box which I'm informed the email 'might' be there)

Horrible

I am a true neophyte when it comes to computers and when I have a problem I MUST rely on trust-worthy, up-front companies to help me. I used to think Microsoft was such a company. However, lately, I have searched sites to find ways to fix some problems, I am having with my late husband's laptop and 4 out of 4 times was completely scammed, lead along with false expectations and lost hours of time doing things that got me only to the point of telling me I have problems with my computer!

I KNEW THAT!! Four out of 4 times, I found a "FREE" solution to an issue. Four times I downloaded the "FREE" software and ran the "FREE" scan only to find out that if I actually want the issues FIXED as advertised, I must BUY a license, otherwise all I have are long lists of absolutely useless information and hours of wasted time!!

To actually FIX it would be considerably more honest and ethical if you advertised a FREE SCAN but mentioned that if you want to actually FIX a problem it will cost you $XX. That way, people like me who are on immovably tight budgets wouldn't bother downloading, installing and then having to uninstall software/programs that are completely useless to us.

At this point, if I had the knowledge, the money or whatever it would take to accomplish it, I would immediately remove all Microsoft, Windows and Windows-associated companies from my computer. As it is, I'll simply wait and when this one becomes totally useless, I'll look for one that runs on anything BUT Microsoft and/or Windows and their associates.

If you plan on answering this complaint, you might want to do so quickly as I make no promises as to how long this laptop is going to run.

Poor

I was stupid enough to charge my games for windows account with some money a few years ago. Since Microsoft closed this service, they just transferred the money as a balance to the microsoft or live or xbox account. I'm actually not sure about it. In some places I can see my balance and in others I can't. Last year I was informed about this transfer of the account balance and I have tried to use the money by buying something. Since I don't have any XBox, I wasn't really able to buy anything and I have informed the support in some forum. They said it's a new system and they can't do anything. Surely soon there would be more items to buy. They didn't have a solution for me.

Just recently I have received another e-mail that my money is about to become invalid and I have to use it. Here is was I tried. I've tried to buy accessory in the Microsoft Store. There I can't access my balance and they ask me for credit card or paypal information. I've tried to buy movies from the xbox video app, but since I currently live in China, I can't buy anything. The system asks me to change my region, which I'm allowed to do once in 3 months. And of course China hasn't got the video or music app support. So changing the region would be stupid. Not even using a VPN works. By the way, since I'm Swiss I'm only allowed to download those movies in German and French (if I were able to buy them that is ....) and I'm not able to see them in the original English language. WTF?

This is bad support, a bad system and in the end Microsoft steals my money by making it invalid and not giving me any working options to buy anything. Yes, I shouldn't have charged my windowslive account and yes I should have used up the money earlier, but seriously?... This is my money and they close services and don't even offer a refund and I'm not even able to buy the limited and overpriced items they offer?

Horrible

Several weeks ago my HP Envy (2yrs and 3months old) failed to boot properly. After hours utilizing several online tech supports, the general consensus was a failed hard drive. I purchased a new HP Pavilion and took the older HP to the Geek Squad. Geek Squad said "no" to failed hard drive, and "yes" to failed Windows 8.1. $332.00 and hours of phone time and web time, plus loss of several installed programs including your "Office,"

I am much beyond perturbed with your disaster marketed as Windows 8.1. You all should be ashamed of this product. I am not demanding anything from your company. Rather I am giving you an opportunity to remedy at least one of the thousands of your self created difficulties. Windows 7 was an excellent product that allowed a person interested in doing work to do so. The "team" that forced Windows 8 on the world should be fired.

Bad

My xbox one wont let me access Shadow of mordorbundld that i downloaded in the xbox store whenever i try to access it in my games and apps it says do you own this game and its really pissing me off because that game cost me 64 dollars please fix this problem thank you!

Bad

Dear Sir, I have no complaint about Microsoft. I have a complaint about a game that has been purchased on my son's account without his knowledge. We later discovered that his friend bought it on my son's email without his knowledge. It was purchased on 21.01.2015. I complained to the Visa where they advised me to contact you so that you can take action against this theft. I hope it would be of no inconvenience to you to contact me for further details about this purchase. Thanking you in advance.

Horrible

I am wanting to delete a microsoft account, but I am unable to. I called Microsoft for assistance and was sent to a link that was not there. I asked for a phone number in case the call was disconnected but the rep hung up on me three times. Did not receive a call back. I was told that the rep could not delete account for me but first rep said he could if I was unable to. Very dissatisfied customer of 10 years!!

Bad

Immediately following the last 2 upgrades I could not open photos sent from my cell phone. This last time was approximately 4/15/15. and miraculously corrected itself 4/23/15. My business depends on the photos that I send from my cell phone and I could not open them to be sure they were accurate photos, before sending them to customers who were waiting for them. Both this time (several days prior to 1/30/15), and this recent time, following an upgrade by Microsoft, I had no success with Microsoft resolving the issue. I lost orders from potential new customers who were expecting photos of products within a specific time frame. Out of desperation and again losing orders, I finally contacted Verizon Wireless (approximately 1/26/15, since it involved my cell phone and my service is via Verizon.

After 3 days of ,working with several different level tech reps, a Level 3 tech rep, via her extreme diligence in researching the issue I had, discovered a long list of identical problems had been reported by many people.. All the info related to these complaints was forwarded to me.by Verizon. All complaints indicated Microsoft being the cause of the problems. Along with the reports were steps to follow that some people had success in correcting their problem. This was on 1/30/15. I was able to correct the problem after following the instructions, (1/30/15) (I have written proof of all this info).

The identical problem reoccurred after another automatic Microsoft upgrade 4/15/15 or 4/16/15..I tried correcting the problem as I did in January but it didn't work this time..4/17/15 I contacted Verizon wireless again. After days of lose of business, being transferred from one technician to another and with Verizon noting that is was caused by Microsoft and not by Verizon. 4/22/15 I attempted to contact Microsoft again. Finally was able to reach a site that led me to having Microsoft return my complaint call. After explaining the situation the supposed 'tech rep' put me on hold for a while, Soon afterwards I was read a long statement telling me that for something like $149 they would connect me with a "Microsoft outside contractor who would research the problem." . I decided than, and still do, consider this entire situation to be a SCAN perpetrated by Microsoft.

I gave my opinion to the Microsoft rep and ended my conversation with no resolution to my problem that was now in the 7th or 8th day of loss of business due to the loss of the above mentioned function. I didn't know what to do other than contact an attorney. Mid afternoon 4/23/15, after careful consideration I decided on contacting an attorney but first decided to check my computer to be sure the problem remained unchanged. Miraculously, after what was more than a week of loss of business and hours and hours of frustrating aggravation the problem had been corrected at some time after my conversation with Microsoft when they attempted to "HARD SELL" me on paying a fee of approximately $149 to just 'research' the issue.

If these automatic 'UPGRADES" continue the same problem will, undoubtedly continue. When and if it does occur my first contact will be to my attorney, who I did speak to late 4/23/15, to initiate a law suit against Microsoft.

Bad

I purchased Office 365. I'm having trouble installing it. I called a toll free number for assistance and he wanted me to pay him a fee. I don't believe I should pay extra fees to use your product. I also don't believe I should have to open an account to use your product (which is the problem I'm having.) I wish to use Office 365 without opening an account. PLEASE!

Horrible

Microsoft Xbox took a payment out of my bank account that has left me with £175 bank charges. I don't even own an Xbox, so my card has never been used for Xbox as I don't have an account with Xbox. There is no details of my bank on your system as I have phoned. The service was shocking, and they put the phone down on me on the second time I rang as he couldn't understand what I was telling him. I am very shocked that this happened and hope you can resolve this in some way as now I'm going to struggle to feed my 10 month old son due to this. I hope to here from you soon

Bad

I just wanted to let Microsoft know that this Windows 8.1 operating system sucks. When are your going to go back to something similar to Windows 7. If I had wanted an Apply hybrid I would have bought an Apple. This is the most functionally dysfunctional system you have come out with yet.

Horrible

My ros.taylor@hotmail.com account was blocked even though I input the correct password. I am travelling overseas visiting family and tried accessing my account on their computer/internet - blocked. I have submitted several Support forms with Technical Team but still cannot get my account reinstated. I have also had several on-line chat sessions with Support Personnel. Hotmail accounts should only be blocked if the incorrect password is input several times, not due to one's location or the computer they are using. I set up my Hotmail account in the first place due to global accessibility. Am totally frustrated with Microsoft's security blocks and now will consider changing service provider. I have been now waiting 144 hours to get this matter resolved, well past your 24 hour limit. Microsoft please review your security policy and reinstate my account immediately.

Bad

I hate windows 8.1 I cant import pics from my camera! Tired of talking to ignorant customer support reps who cant speak coherent English. I will sell my new Toshiba & buy apple product!

Bad

I bought the new Lumia phone from a store. I had the phone two day's then it got a scratch on the screen, i still worked on it, because it's only a scratch. Then the whole screen cracked. I took it back to the store, but they refuse to repair it on their cost. A screen is not supposed to crack so easily. I'm so disappointed, had the phone for two days and the screen cracked? It's disappointing that a customer spends quality money on a not-so-good quality phone. If Microsoft won't repair my phone then I expect a FULL refund! I need a phone as my whole career depends on it. Fix this mistake Microsoft and fix it fast!

Poor

I signed up for Assure support 7 April 2015 with Microsoft and they could not fix my laptop. Case number 12856214800. On Friday 10 April 2015 after spending 8 Am till 9.38 Am trying to get my refund back with Antenalla , Reanna Bev Uk, Arnold, Amar, Kate UK, Ryan Malkin supervisor of Syed level two who should have rang me today 11 April 2015, to refund my £95, Case Number 1285614800. The Microsoft telephone number and email or website does not work as you can get nobody, it just sends you round in circles and it is no good as they put the phone down or just leave you with music or pretend they do not understand. Syed Supervisor Malkin said Syed would ring today and he has not and we did agree a time 10 am till 12 Pm and nothing. I also do not like to be kept waiting while Syed is dealing with 3 other customers at the same time as me. I am also suspicious about Syed saying he is a writer too, when I did not tell him that I was. I insist on my refund of £95 off Syed or who ever deals with the refunding of my £95. Please reply to my complain at the email above. My other email to the support has not been answered. Thank you Mrs Ellis.

Good

To Whom It May Concern. If Microsoft does not stop attempting to force Windows 8.1 on my system I am going to wipe Windows 8 and go on from there.

Contact the Microsoft Complaint Department