McDonalds

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about McDonalds

Posted by warren laesch on Jan 25, 2015
Customer Rating

I went to the Harper Woods, MI drive through January 25, 2015. Ordered 2 sausage and egg biscuits. When I was pulling away I noticed they had cheese on them. Went back and told them order was wrong. Girl working window asked what I was supposed to get. She came back and gave me a bag. Opened them up and then I received just egg biscuits. Gave bag back and told her what I wanted again. Then she came back and said I was charged for just egg biscuits and that I would have to pay more. Now I don't mind paying what I owe but after order was messed up on their end twice already I thought this could have been let go. I asked to see manager and when she came to window she was rude and argumentative right off the bat. I told her I didn't think it was right to recharge me after my time was wasted by their incompetence. She stated she would tell the girl to listen better when taking orders then slammed window shut. Very rude. These workers want more than minimum wage but if you can't get a simple order right and you want to treat customers rudely then you shouldn't be rewarded. That manager has a bad attitude also and should be demoted or fired. The customer is always right. We pay their salaries.

9 Customers agree with this feedback

Did McDonalds provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about McDonalds?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5
1.95 out of 5 Stars
279 Consumer Reviews

McDonalds
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to McDonalds. What is their corporate mailing address?

1 Mcdonald's Plaza
Oak Brook, IL 60523

I want to call the McDonalds customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

630-623-3000

I need to visit the McDonalds company website. What is their website address?

More McDonalds Complaints

Customer Rating

on 11-15-12 I went thru the drive-thru for fruit and maple oatmeal. When i got to my office I found there was no fruit or maple in it, therefore I had to throw it away. Last week I went thru another drive-thru for 2 orders or oatmeal. I was asked to go to the specialty parking spot and they would bring it out. I waited for 15 minutes in the car, then had to get out to get my oatmeal. More times than I can count I've ordered food from McDonalds only to get home and find that items I had paid for are no where to be found in my bag. I have given McDonalds a great amount of money and haven't received 1/2 the items I've paid for.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

This morning about 5:32am I visited the drive through at the McDonalds on 810 W. Grangeville, Hanford CA 93230. I made my order with no “Good Morning” no “Total Price” from the young lady taking the order. Once I arrived at the window, I stated my “Good Morning” to both the young lady and the shift manager and received nothing but a rolling of the eyes. To kick it even further, there was a young man taking out trash from a bin and I stated my “Good Morning” to him and received a positive “Good Morning Sir.” A “Good Morning” may not seem mush to some people but it strongly favors in my life, and with McDonald’s happy smile it would be nice to have a positive greeting no matter the time of day.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I drove up to McDonalds placed my order and drove up to first window. I handed over my credit card, and she passed a receipt to me. The person at the register then accused me of cutting in front of the car behind me. She then said she had charged me for the wrong order. I gave her my credit card once again so she charged me for my order. I was also expecting a reversal on first transaction would take place. I drove to the second window and spoke to the manager re: accusation. Manager said he would speak to her. The next day there was no reversal of first transaction so I drove to McDonalds and provided two receipts and bank statement. I was given a refund. This is unacceptable service.

Customer Rating

I went to Mcdonalds in Sand Springs Oklahoma yesterday morning 2-9-2015. It was 4:30 am. When I pulled up to the drive thru order speaker I was told "We can't take your order right now because of "technical difficulties" . So I said "I have a $1.07, the price of a sausage biscuit. Can't you just microwave one and take my money". I was answered with" We can't take your order now because of "technical difficulties", please drive away!" What kind of business is Mcdonalds running? People aren't smart enough to take someones money and give the a f-in sausage biscuit.

Customer Rating

Years ago I started work at the McDonald's in Newport Washington where I worked for 7 years. I worked whenever I could If I saw a chance for extra hours I took it. In 2006 I was told no matter how much I wanted to move up to a higher position it would never happen cause I wasn't built for it. At the start of 2009 I started being treated very poorly I got wrote up every day I got blamed whenever anything went wrong. I was told when I started filing my unemployment I would be fired if I kept doing so. The last 6 months I was there I felt like I didn't exist. I never got promoted or was offered any opportunities because the owners did not like me. I can't find work now cause every time I apply some where I get a bad reference. I'm 34 and I wanna work. McDonald's is the worst franchise I have ever seen in my life the ceo should be ashamed of himself for the operation that he's running.

Customer Rating

I order some food we only got half and they gave us a crack foam cup of ice tea and I got it home the cup break tea every where all over my carpet that store is every bad. It is the McDonald's in Elyria, Ohio.

Customer Rating

I worked for Mcdonalds in New Smyrna Beach Florida from 11/12-02/15 and was treated horrible. I was sexually harassed from the day I started till Feb, 2013 by a manager. I told a different manager but nothing got done until 4 months later. They allowed him to quit instead of firing him so he could get a job at a different restaurant. I was so uncomfortable working because they allowed him to come in and he would always stare at me. That is just not right!! Then I worked with a bf/gf and they would always fight. I would find the gf on the floor in the office crying cause they would be fighting all night.

Again nothing was done to separate the 2. I was never late for work in the nearly 3 years that I was there, would come in when asked, stay late when asked and when my Granddaughter was born took 10 days off but they called me in 3 times and I went. My GM Cody tatro told me I coudn't be employee of the month and never was. then last week I was sexually harassed again by another crew person and when I went to work three days later there was the same man who had done that to me. i walked out on my job and the owner blames me.

Customer Rating

On 23 Feb.'15,i went to the McDonalds off of Oddie Blvd./Silverada ,Spark's,Nv. The Crew Was Friendly,courious as usual,However,i brought my Lap Top,and got onto McDonalds Free WI-FI,because of that,alone,I gotten Malware,onto my Lap Top,then when I brought it back home,i couldn't use my password to login,I had lost all of my personal information,my writing projects/comic book conception artwork,I couldn't even download it onto my flash drive,now I cant even upgrade my dell d610 latitude,Now,im looking at loss of future royalties off of all 13 book's on Wicca,I was intending on publishing,I,will be expecting compensation for loss of intellectual property,and all that time and effort into typing it all on my Laptop,Now,i just found out that,im losing my place to live,pending ssi,disabled and in a wheelchair.I will be expecting compensation,of a newer upgraded Laptop,please have McDonalds contact.

Customer Rating

This is the Absolute Worst I have Ever seen Any Mcdonaldd restaurant! They are Not busy and this store is Absolutely Disgusting! Trash overflowing out of can, all over floor throughout restaurant. Not 1 clean table at all even the "party area" that is closed is Absolutely Disgusting! Employees walked through lobby numerous times and just ignored the mess.

Customer Rating

This morning, when going to the McDonald's on the corner of Ralph Avenue and Dixie Highway in Shively, there was no
one in the store. This was at 6:15 am. It was open, but all employees were sitting on the sidewalk outside the store. I realize there was suppose to be a walk out but the majority of all other restraunts were working as usual. These 'Young" kids should not be allowed to do this. If they worked for me they would be fired.

My business will now be taken Wendy's and I'm sure a lot of others will do the same.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Linda Kelly on 08/30/2013 about McDonald's. This opinions contained in this McDonald's complaint titled, "Drive Thru" do not reflect the opinion of the website.

Customer Rating

I recently visited a McDonald's and right when I started my order I got a horribly rude attitude from one of your employees. She was totally ignoring what I was saying and cutting me off. I got over it but than once I got my food it was all wrong, wrong hamburger, a water instead of soda wrong ice cream. She was rude and inattentive. I'm not sure why your establishment would hire someone like that. I was extremely frustrated after that experience

Customer Rating

I'm sitting here, after just finishing my lunch, doing paperwork. I'm sitting right next to the counter and can see everything that is going on behind there. I noticed that there was one employee that was mopping that went right from doing that to helping take and serve meals. Then the same person helped stock the bins behind the counter. As she was doing so she dropped one item on the floor and proceeded to just pick it up and put it in the container with the others. She then stood up and adjusted her pants by pulling them out of her crack with both hands. I glanced over and she was filling the sugar dispenser with sugar and when she got sugar dumped on her fingers she wiped them on her pant leg. There wasn't one time during the entire observation did she EVER wash her hands. I'm not sure of the employees name because she wasn't wearing a McD uniform or name tag. In fact nothing that she was wearing had a company logo or even the same colors as the rest of the people working there. Grose.

Customer Rating

Approximately 4-5 days ago, my son and I decided to eat at Mc Donald’s because the Monopoly Game was going on and he had never played. He is six. We ordered according to how we would maximize getting the most Monopoly pieces. So, we both order the #1. However, I did make a modification to our order. Since neither of us are big bread fans, I asked for the middle piece of bread to be removed. I also asked if we could pay for EXTRA sweet and sour sauce for our French fries since we do not like ketchup. I was specific in ordering 2 packets per large fry order. When we received our order (opened it at home), we were happy to see our large fries and many monopoly pieces, but dissatisfied to see that there were only 2 sweet and sour packets. (This happens 90% of the time we ask for extra and I ALWAYS DISCLOSE THAT I WILL PAY EXTRA!) ~ Anyway, our burgers came with NO BREAD and were packaged in a 6 piece nugget box, which contained no monopoly pieces at all. I called to complain. The manager was very nice and said, “No problem. I’ll put you in the ‘book’ and next time you come in, we’ll get your order correct and those monopoly pieces.” Great. Well, last night, October 23rd, we went to the McDonald’s drive thru and my name was in the book and they were going to take care of everything. I asked if I could order the chicken sandwich instead (we are not big red meat eaters) since the cost was less, I didn’t think it was a problem. The nice lady at the window gave me 2 large drinks instead of two mediums. I joked with her and said, “This is the reason we came back in the first place… we wanted our monopoly pieces and from what I understand, they only come on the medium drinks.” She proceeded to tell me that the monopoly game was over. This is when my heart sank. I wasn’t informed at the time of my complaint that the end of the contest was near. Otherwise, we would have made it a point to come back earlier to get the game pieces. I was, and still am, so disappointed. We completely lost out on possible winnings and the experience of playing this game with my six year old; A game I played when I was his age. The “free” meal I was given to make up for the first mishap, wasn’t about the food. It was about the experience. Now, my son and I both lost our enthusiasm for McDonald’s and are stuck at home with game pieces that are obsolete and a few “free mcflurry’s” which we don’t even drink. I look at this as a waste of calories to begin with. We were swayed into purchasing abnormal menu items so we could play the game (which was my choice) ~ And again, on the second visit. If I would have known that the game was over, we would have ordered completely different. (A little more healthy.) I am really disappointed in the way the whole situation was handled and I would like someone to respond to me telling me how one [perhaps in upper mgt] would have handled this differently if it were to happen again. I feel taken. And my son lost out on an experience I promised him he would enjoy.

Thank you for having a web page where people can write in complaints. Now what?

Dear sir/madam,
I visited one of you're mcdonalds stores this evening, at the norwich airport. It is one that myself and husband use often!. And i would just like to say, how under qualified ALL the staff where there!. I used the drive threw, started in order. I always ask for a special burger!!. (Grill!!). And befor i had finished giving my order, the young man told me to go to the next window!!.. at this stage i had not given him my seconder order, and he didnt even as when drink i would like with either of him. He kept telling me to go to next window befor i had finished ordering!. So i go to next window. I payed by card! Handed the young man thw card reader he then shut the shutters and turned his back!!. So i move to the next window!..where i was told to wait in bay one!. When i recieved my food, the young lady who came out.. passed me my food and said.. here ya go!!!... cheers!!!...
Im guessing they are all new staff as i did not reconised any of them and that they all had new uniform on. But that doesnt not excuse the way they should traet or talk to customers!!!.. this may only be little to yourselfs but to me it was unperfecional!!. And rude!. If i hear nothing from yourselfs i shall be conta ctin kevin foley muself and take matters further as i think all staff should be trained to talk to their customers with a little bit of respect! I have also walked into this particular mcdonalds and have heard the staff behind the tills swearing useing the F word!.. this was when young childern are about!!.. a discrase i would say!.. thankyou for your time!. I hope i have explained myself on here as good as i could. Will be waiti g to hear from yourself.

Customer Rating

yesterday was in line @ drivethru for almost 10mins w/out moving. ended upvhaving 2 leave lunch break is only so long. sp I went bavk to work without eating,hungry. went again today & thought I would fill out your survey online. can't get past the 1st fricken page. I typed the date every which way I could think of. it kept saying invalid. huh?? over & over & over. what the hell. nice survey

Customer Rating

My complaint is that i got a job there and they dont like to train you.I been working there only for about a week and i learned how to use the grill becouse there is one person there he tought me to use it but he is a employee.The other day the manager told me to use the frier and to wrap sandwiches but i never did it and she yelled at me and said i was to slow.

They dont evevn have uniforms i cant buy my cloths to work there or my shoes.I think everyone should treated the same but the mangers think that there better then everyone else.I call the store the other day becouse my aunt was sick and i had to call out that day from work and that one maneger that i have such a problem with started yelling at me and i told her at least i called and let them know.I like to work and i am a fast learner if i am shown how to do things and i like to be treated like a person not a animal.

I have some disabiliteys so i am not that fast but i do my job well and i am always on time.Someone needs to go to that store where i work and be undercover so they can see for them self how those managers treat the people.There are about 2 managers that are nice but they dont train either.The employees dont help out with the new people either i guess thats why no one stays in that store.Its hard to find a job.There are alot of good employees outthere but if they have the same experance like i do at mcdonalds no one will stay at that store.

I live in port saint lucie fla and the store where i work is on saint lucie west right by I95.I hope i dont lose my job becouse of this letter becouse right know i need the money i am looking for another job and to bad for mcdonalds becouse i am a good worker. I really hope someone finally does something about the store manerger shes the main one i got a problem with.The other manager i got problems too.

I also was dissrimanted on becouse i have a tattoo on my hand that says RIP and has a cross i think thats unfair becouse all other jobs dont say nothing about my tattoos i worked in a country club for rich people i was a prep cook and they dident care what i looked like or what tattoos i had becouse they knew i am a hard woker.I still would be there but everyone got laid off there.well thanks for your time...

Customer Rating

i am a night hgv driver, and in barton, near leicester.. i had drove from exeter in devon to there to deliver goods. i had off loaded and had just left for the return trip, i saw this small macdonalds and thought i feel a little tired... grab a coffee. being 0130 in the morning the doors were locked so i went to the side window. i asked for a latte and the young girl there said "i'm sorry i can't serve you as u haven't driven through the drive through" i said i can't as my lorry is far to big... she said " i'm sorry sir i can't serve you, company policy" can i speak to the manger please..

a woman in her late 20's came to the window and said with out using the drive through i could not be served, i said, but i can't go through the drive through, she said well i can get the sack if i serve u... i said ok, forget it, but if i fall asleep and kill people and myself on the m42, i think it could be down to you both, just a coffee' not much to ask!!!!

Customer Rating

Tonight, after a 13 hour day at work, I stopped by this McDonalds to bring my kids home dinner. I ordered 4 hamburgers and a mcflurry. When my kids opened their hamburgers, there was a single slice of tomato and a pickle. No hamburger, no condiments, nothing but a single slice of tomato and a pickle. It was 10:38 pm, and as soon as I pulled up to order a guy said "sorry, we're closed," and I heard snickering. I said "I'm sorry, did you say you're closed?" A woman with a thick Indian accent replied "what's your order?" Confused, I repeated "Are you closed?" She again repeated "What's your order?"

My order was simple: 4 hamburgers and an oreo mcflurry. I was the ONLY customer. Thanks to this McDonalds, I'm trying to find something to fix for dinner at midnight and my kids are waiting up while I cook it. Not to mention the money I'm out since I wasn't even given a receipt; although, I if I were doing things like that at work I wouldn't hand out my name and a managers phone number on a receipt either.

I don't know if they think it's funny or cute, but I'm not tolerating service like that. It's disgusting. Doing it on all 4 clearly indicated it was on purpose, especially since I had no special requests. Many hard workers are looking for jobs, and if McDonalds thinks it's appropriate to hire employees like that, it's a very easy decision to not support the business.

This McDonalds will never be used by me or my family again. It's not worth it. Why would I drive there, pay them money, and still have to come home and cook? Thanks for wasting my time and money McDonalds- the two things this single working mom can't afford to spare.

Customer Rating

I. Went. To. Get. Lunch. At. 12 30. On. Friday. August. 30. 2013 after. I ordered my food. I. Went. To. The. Bathroom. I. Had. Washed. My. Hands. And. Put. My. Job. Keys. And house. Keys. And. Cell. Phone. On. The. Sink. And. When. I. Was. Done. I. Forgot. My. Stuff. In. The. Bathroom. There. Was. Employee. Who. Went. In. There. After. Me. When I. Realize. I. Rushed. Back. To. The. Barroom. And. She. Was. Going. Back. To get. In. Behind. The. Counter. She. Had. My phone. In. Her. Hand. and. I. Took. It. From. Her. But. Never. Gave. Me. My. Keys. I. Want. To. Know. What. Kind. Of. People. U. Hire. Not. Honest. Ones. She. Is. A. Crook. And. It. Should. Be. Known.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Renee. Davis on 09/02/2013 at IP address 198.228.201.158 using our McDonald's complaint form. This opinions contained in this McDonald's customer review titled, "Employer. Took. My. Property left. In. Bathro" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I live in Peabody MA and frequently go to the McDonalds located on/near Main St. Yesterday, Feb 2nd my boyfriend and I went and ordered the new onion and cheese burger.... first of all, we had to wait at least a good 15 minutes in the drive thru when they should have sent the ahead of us customer to the reserved wait parking for lengthy orders.... SECOND that new burger we waited for was HORRIBLE!!! Iv never been so disappointed and disgusted by a McDonalds burger ever. I have never asked for a refund or a replacement but I am now... don't want money back, but I do feel as though me and my boyfriend deserve a better burger... give us one or many please...

Kathleen Galvin
22 Ethel ave
Peabody MA 01960

Customer Rating

The new Texan Angus burger is still being advertised on the radio and a co-worker recommended it... I went - there's a picture on the menu board of the burger with pricing... but I was told it was discontinued a few days ago. The cashier said she's complained to the manager about taking down the advertising but nothing has happened yet. If I wasn't so hungry I would have left and gone somewhere else, but instead ordered a different burger... maybe that's their plan!

Customer Rating

Hello my name is luis and I live in greeley colorado. I have visited mcdonalds on 8th ave plenty of times and 8 out of 10 times the people in charge of making the sandwiches are doing it with their bare hands! It really grosses me out.

Customer Rating

I visted the McDonalds on University Ave in Little Rock, Arkansas and while I was trying to complete my order the young lady ask what kind of drink I wanted and i told her that I could not see the menu to tell her. Then she proceeded to tell me Coke products. I told her I could not see but she kept yelling really loudly COKE PRODUCTS, COKE PRODUCTS, COKE PRODUCTS I told her I did not know all the coke products. Why yell???? I am not a coke product expert. I thought it was terribly rude of her to yell at me. I will inform my friends that they better know their COKE PRODUCTS or they may get yelled at when they go to MCdonalds on University Ave.

Customer Rating

My local store in Tonypandy are very poor in delivering customer satisfaction. I'm a regular customer there using this store 2/3 times a week spending on average £17 each visit. I mostly use the drive through as it's easier with a hand full of children in toe, to be truthful I'm very duserpointed with the service I get there going by the last few months it is going down hill, there's no please or thank you at all. 3 times I have phoned the store 1st to let them know the 3 large drinks I had with meals are like water can clearly see the syrup had run out. Second because after ordering 3 hot chocolates with breakfast meals the drink looks like dirty dish water and had no taste at all, and tonight for the 3rd time we have now come home with 4 milkshakes which I asked for 2 strawberry and 2 chocolate, I have received 2 strawberry 1 banana and one with banana at the bottom and chocolate on top which I would like to point out are not at the correct tempreture by any means, all are room temp and sickly. I am very duserpointed to say the least and will no longer be a customer of McDonald's.

Customer Rating

I went thru the drive thru asked if I could have a second to look at the menu the guy said uhmm sure in a rude way. I pulled forward and sat at the window to pay for a few minutes. I then pulled to the next window and they gavw me my drinks but the wrong order. I went inside stood there for five minutes with no help. I asked to speak to a manger"brenda" she said hold on. There was other customer's standing there with the wrong order. When received our order and it was cold with lose fries in the bag.We DID NOT have fries! So many hands were on our food. The place is digusting! A employee was texting on her phone while taking orders!! I am beyond pissed. Brenda themanager did not say sorry or anything! !

Customer Rating

The service is poor & slow. Sometimes you never get what you ask for if you get it at all. I was at McDonald's Rest. this morning and it took 20min. to get my order and the eggs looked horrible. I ask for an extra syrup, she told me that it would be 33cents more which I didn't mind until she told me I had to get back in a long and get my syrup, that is crazy.

Also, there was a lady that hadn't recieved her order for over 40min., so she asked for her money back and was told they didn't give refunds under any circumstances. This was the manager. They have just lost my business over a 33cents thing of syrup. I have more but I'm tired of typing. Hope to hear from you soon.

Customer Rating

On Friday Dec,6, 2013 at approx. 11: 00 PM, the dining room needed cleaning, overflowing trashcans and trash on floor. We ordered from a gentleman and he then went outside to smoke and make a phone call. he returned aprox 10 min later and our order was not complete yet, he saw the french fries had not been put in fryer yet, He bagged our burgers and set them on counter. while waiting for fries i asked to see manager.

I was very surprised to see that the gentleman that took my order was the manager. at this point several people had already walked out because no-one was at the register. I asked for a refund because our burgers would have been cold by the time our frys were done. a refund was given but not before asking about our drinks which were left on the table. This poor experience cost us 30 minutes extra on our trip late at night.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Shar Mahoney on 12/10/2013 at IP address 108.28.207.217 using our Mcdonalds in Ashland VA complaint form. This opinions contained in this Mcdonalds in Ashland VA customer review titled, "Poor service and dirty restaurant" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I sent a compliant Friday but I guess the wrong place. I was in Bangor on broadway always stop on the way home for a to go order. Got my meal and got by the driveway to go back in took a fry it was cold ate another one it was cold too. I had to throw them away I can say usually they are the best fries not this day

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Sonya DUNFEE on 09/01/2013 at IP address 74.78.43.198 using our McDonald's complaint form. This opinions contained in this McDonald's customer review titled, "Food" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Good evening, I wish to make a complaint against the Manager of Browns Plains store this morning at 11.30am, I asked for a Large Hot Hot Cold Value Meal. I asked for no ice in my red lemonade drink, yet he gave me ice. I said I wanted eat here, he was going to put it in a bag, then when I got my fries, they didn't have the shake in seasoning it was medium sized, it was too late to ask for large fries and I had for the seasoning from the other staff member when my meal was trayed.

Then I did not receive ice cream sundae with red velvet topping. It wasn't until I was ready to leave that I noticed on the board that it was included in the price, so I had to go back and ask, only for the Manager to get angry and gave me very little ice cream in the plastic cup..... I was so disappointed in the service I received, that I thought I bring this to your attention....

As I am a McDonalds regular, I may not be going back again in a hurry.
the meal was really nice, just wish I had what I paid for...

Customer Rating

I went through the Drive-Thru at your Mission Grove #12146 store in Riverside, CA last Sunday evening around 6:15 pm. I ordered a Cheese Quarter Pounder with fries. I did not start to eat the meal until I got on the road. The cheeseburger was cold with little taste and fries were cold and unsalted. When I did get home I called the store and they said to come back in and they would give me another meal. I explained that I am very rarely in that area and would most likely not be there again for some time. Their manager was not there and I left my number but never got a return call.

Companies Like McDonalds