Customer Satisfaction Results

McDonalds

Complaint Department

Posted by warren laesch on Jan 25, 2015
Customer Rating

I went to the Harper Woods, MI drive through January 25, 2015. Ordered 2 sausage and egg biscuits. When I was pulling away I noticed they had cheese on them. Went back and told them order was wrong. Girl working window asked what I was supposed to get. She came back and gave me a bag. Opened them up and then I received just egg biscuits. Gave bag back and told her what I wanted again. Then she came back and said I was charged for just egg biscuits and that I would have to pay more. Now I don't mind paying what I owe but after order was messed up on their end twice already I thought this could have been let go. I asked to see manager and when she came to window she was rude and argumentative right off the bat. I told her I didn't think it was right to recharge me after my time was wasted by their incompetence. She stated she would tell the girl to listen better when taking orders then slammed window shut. Very rude. These workers want more than minimum wage but if you can't get a simple order right and you want to treat customers rudely then you shouldn't be rewarded. That manager has a bad attitude also and should be demoted or fired. The customer is always right. We pay their salaries.

22 Customers agree with this feedback

Did McDonalds provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about McDonalds?

Compare McDonalds to Similar Fast Food more...

More McDonalds Complaints

Customer Rating

on 11-15-12 I went thru the drive-thru for fruit and maple oatmeal. When i got to my office I found there was no fruit or maple in it, therefore I had to throw it away. Last week I went thru another drive-thru for 2 orders or oatmeal. I was asked to go to the specialty parking spot and they would bring it out. I waited for 15 minutes in the car, then had to get out to get my oatmeal. More times than I can count I've ordered food from McDonalds only to get home and find that items I had paid for are no where to be found in my bag. I have given McDonalds a great amount of money and haven't received 1/2 the items I've paid for.

9 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

This morning about 5:32am I visited the drive through at the McDonalds on 810 W. Grangeville, Hanford CA 93230. I made my order with no “Good Morning” no “Total Price” from the young lady taking the order. Once I arrived at the window, I stated my “Good Morning” to both the young lady and the shift manager and received nothing but a rolling of the eyes. To kick it even further, there was a young man taking out trash from a bin and I stated my “Good Morning” to him and received a positive “Good Morning Sir.” A “Good Morning” may not seem mush to some people but it strongly favors in my life, and with McDonald’s happy smile it would be nice to have a positive greeting no matter the time of day.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Years ago I started work at the McDonald's in Newport Washington where I worked for 7 years. I worked whenever I could If I saw a chance for extra hours I took it. In 2006 I was told no matter how much I wanted to move up to a higher position it would never happen cause I wasn't built for it. At the start of 2009 I started being treated very poorly I got wrote up every day I got blamed whenever anything went wrong. I was told when I started filing my unemployment I would be fired if I kept doing so. The last 6 months I was there I felt like I didn't exist. I never got promoted or was offered any opportunities because the owners did not like me. I can't find work now cause every time I apply some where I get a bad reference. I'm 34 and I wanna work. McDonald's is the worst franchise I have ever seen in my life the ceo should be ashamed of himself for the operation that he's running.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I worked for Mcdonalds in New Smyrna Beach Florida from 11/12-02/15 and was treated horrible. I was sexually harassed from the day I started till Feb, 2013 by a manager. I told a different manager but nothing got done until 4 months later. They allowed him to quit instead of firing him so he could get a job at a different restaurant. I was so uncomfortable working because they allowed him to come in and he would always stare at me. That is just not right!! Then I worked with a bf/gf and they would always fight. I would find the gf on the floor in the office crying cause they would be fighting all night.

Again nothing was done to separate the 2. I was never late for work in the nearly 3 years that I was there, would come in when asked, stay late when asked and when my Granddaughter was born took 10 days off but they called me in 3 times and I went. My GM Cody tatro told me I coudn't be employee of the month and never was. then last week I was sexually harassed again by another crew person and when I went to work three days later there was the same man who had done that to me. i walked out on my job and the owner blames me.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I drove up to McDonalds placed my order and drove up to first window. I handed over my credit card, and she passed a receipt to me. The person at the register then accused me of cutting in front of the car behind me. She then said she had charged me for the wrong order. I gave her my credit card once again so she charged me for my order. I was also expecting a reversal on first transaction would take place. I drove to the second window and spoke to the manager re: accusation. Manager said he would speak to her. The next day there was no reversal of first transaction so I drove to McDonalds and provided two receipts and bank statement. I was given a refund. This is unacceptable service.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I live in Crown Heights Brooklyn and the McDonald's on Utica and Eastern Parkway is disgusting. This McDonald's has homeless people come and hang out in the restaurant for hours. Some even sit on the floor by the door! The tables are sticky and filthy and cleaned so sporadically that they smell awful. I have never seen so much garbage on a floor in a McDonald's in my life. It overflowed from the garbage bin and nobody bothered to pick it up. This is literally the most disgusting place that served food that I have ever walked into in my life. I'm very surprised the Department of Health hasn't shut it down. I was so hungry that I ordered my food anyway and left as quickly as possible. Than on the way home I threw the food in the trash. Just looking at it made me sick and I couldn't bring myself to eat it. Shame on McDonald's for allowing such a disgusting place to stay open. Shame on you McDonald's!

Customer Rating

Ordered a meal but did not the the fries ask the cashier they said they did not charge me for fries i said okay then i will buy went to hand my credit card now cash only after they took my card 3 min before to pay for the meal this Is BS they told me can't do anything sorry sir how can a company mess up an order then not make it right even when i said i would pay. Very Bad Business.

Customer Rating

My daughter who started work for mcdonalds leckwith road Cardiff UK, she was nearly 17 she started her training she worked 4 hrs first day and she enjoyed it she was so exited to go back the next day,on the next day she went in where she met with a manager,who was covering for holidays, she was told,not to smile at customers, and just to take there orders, she took the order from a customer when the manager wiped the order from the till told her to give his change from her head my daughter was very nervous she gave him 10 pence to much,he them told her not to serve any more customers bearing in mind he was training her,he told her he would show her how there floors were mopped,after mopping he called all the other staff,laughed and said l had to train her on how to mop a floor,then said to her that she fancied him,also made her search through all the wasted food in the rubbish, so she would know what customers threw out,she was belittled all day In front off staff by this manager,l could go on, she was only 16 she lasted a few more days,then had the cheek to say,she was not good enough to work for them,is this how they train young people,she was made to look feel stupid,and degraded, lm going to flood facebook and Twitter then see how mcdonalds react

Customer Rating

This is the Absolute Worst I have Ever seen Any Mcdonaldd restaurant! They are Not busy and this store is Absolutely Disgusting! Trash overflowing out of can, all over floor throughout restaurant. Not 1 clean table at all even the "party area" that is closed is Absolutely Disgusting! Employees walked through lobby numerous times and just ignored the mess.

Customer Rating

Good evening, I wish to make a complaint against the Manager of Browns Plains store this morning at 11.30am, I asked for a Large Hot Hot Cold Value Meal. I asked for no ice in my red lemonade drink, yet he gave me ice. I said I wanted eat here, he was going to put it in a bag, then when I got my fries, they didn't have the shake in seasoning it was medium sized, it was too late to ask for large fries and I had for the seasoning from the other staff member when my meal was trayed.

Then I did not receive ice cream sundae with red velvet topping. It wasn't until I was ready to leave that I noticed on the board that it was included in the price, so I had to go back and ask, only for the Manager to get angry and gave me very little ice cream in the plastic cup..... I was so disappointed in the service I received, that I thought I bring this to your attention....

As I am a McDonalds regular, I may not be going back again in a hurry.
the meal was really nice, just wish I had what I paid for...

Customer Rating

I went to Mcdonalds in Sand Springs Oklahoma yesterday morning 2-9-2015. It was 4:30 am. When I pulled up to the drive thru order speaker I was told "We can't take your order right now because of "technical difficulties" . So I said "I have a $1.07, the price of a sausage biscuit. Can't you just microwave one and take my money". I was answered with" We can't take your order now because of "technical difficulties", please drive away!" What kind of business is Mcdonalds running? People aren't smart enough to take someones money and give the a f-in sausage biscuit.

Customer Rating

Hi I go to McDonald's 3 days in a weak and most of the days I go I find something wrong. I order a big tasty no sauce and ice tea many times I found the burger with sauce, or the drink water only without any taste. Today I went to airport and, the burger was OK but the ice tea was water and the chips without salt, now I'm watching for another place to go for thanks!

Customer Rating

every time, and I mean everytime I go to the store in Lewistown pa or electic avenue pa,something is wrong, these stores are going down hill and fast. my food is always cold, and I mean very cold, this morning my egg mcmuffin went right out the window!!!! of my car. either its cold, wrong order, no napkins or straw, or u ask for drink no ice, and you get ice!! always mest up, sick of waisting my money on these dives!!

Customer Rating

Could you please explain this to me. I am extremely offended and I did not like viewing the flag hanging upside down. You have lost a faithful customer Boycott McDonalds PHOENIX (KSAZ) - It is a story that has been trending on social media. A flag flying upside down at a Glendale McDonalds restaurant. Was it disrespectful, or a simple mistake? A Marine reservist saw it, and took matters into his own hands. FOX 10 spoke with the reservist and the restaurant's franchise owner who is a former Marine. He explains how the flag ended up being flown upside down. "I actually thought it was plain disrespect that someone would raise our own nations flag upside down," said Elias Marzeleno. Marzeleno, who serves in the military as a reservist in Arizona, said he did a u-turn when his girlfriend pointed out the flag flying upside down outside of a McDonalds near 67th Avenue and Camelback this past Saturday.

"I looked around to see if anything was out of the ordinary," said Marzeleno. Flying the flag upside down is recognized as a symbol of distress. Marzeleno said once he determined there was no problem, he took matters into his own hands. "I actually went to try to lower the flag, but it was knotted in such a way you couldn't lower it, so I went to the car, I got my knife, and I cut the rope," he said. "Being a Marine myself, and going through the Vietnam War era, we're gung-ho but we need to curtail our feelings sometimes and take more logical steps than overreact to it," said Steve Lanini, the franchise owner. Franchise owner Steve Lanini said it was an unintentional mistake that could have easily been resolved had Marzeleno talked with a manager first.

"If you're familiar with how you fold a flag, sometimes if you get the hooks on wrong, you pull the wrong way and it goes upside down, it's happened I'm sure over the years and this one wasn't caught," he said. Regardless of how it happened, both reservists say the flag should never have flown upside down. They say whoever raised the flag should have looked up. "No, I'm not disciplining any body as a matter of fact, to this day I don't know who did it," said Lanini. The restaurant now has a sign on the door notifying customers apologizing for the incident. Lanini says they bought a new rope and will be raising the flag again soon, the correct way. "Believe me, it was a mistake, we don't do that," he said. "All I want people to know is to have basic protocol to raise our flag, and give our own flag respect," said Marzeleno.

Customer Rating

I have gone to McDonalds in Moberly Mo. quite often with my children. I have seen numerous times of a manager being hateful to her employees. I couldn't believe things I have heard from a manager. Last time I looked at her name tag so I could contact you. Her name is Renee, taller, dark hair, skinny women. Pretty girl really. The first time I saw her a girl had messed up on the cash register and Renee had to help her. The teenage girl told her she was sorry and Renee said "good you should be" and walked away from this girl. This little girl was surprised and hurt at the comment. I told her not to worry about it, she must be having a bad day. The second time I was there a guy messed up on a sandwich and she yelled to the back "how long have you been working her God!"

The third and last time a girl was asking her a question and Renee rolled her eyes and walked away and the girl was left no knowing what she was supposed to be doing. I understand people have bad days. I work with customers all day long. If something bad happens you can't take it out on the next person. As a manager she needs to learn how to manage. You don't yell at these kids and make them feel like crap. You encourage them. Help them become better. If you encourage and help someone, the better a worker will become. If you discourage them they will be timid and not be as good for you. If she doesn't like her job, she should not work there.

I just think she needs more people skills and management skills. These poor kids are trying and are learning. For most, this is their first or second job. Shooting them down does nothing for her or them. The first time I passed it off as a bad day. The second time I was just feeling WOW. The third I couldn't help but let someone know. Thank you. Hopefully making our managers better to make a team better. Thanks again.

Customer Rating

At the havenwood McDonald's Baltimore MD drive through....again my order was not completed properly. I paid for an item never received. This happens often to me so I imagine it happens often to others. This time I was feeding 3 young girls who were extremely disappointed. This is not an acceptable business practice.

Customer Rating

Went through the drive-through ordered a cheeseburger a large HighC orange and the fries with no salt. I waited approximately five minutes before the girl came out with my order and tells me there's no salt. I went inside the building and there's all kinds of salt by the pop. I talk to Joel of the manager who was not very polite and asked why I was told there was no salt. He told me he doesn't know what's out there he just know there's no salt in the back. I cannot believe a big place like McDonald's does not have any packets salt in their inventory.

Customer Rating

I went through the drive thru on Friday evening March 20 2015 at around 7:15 and ordered three kid meals. I drove to the window to pay and the girl Marilyn told me $12 and some change (I think $12.22) and I handed her my debit card. She gave me my card and receipt and I put them in my purse. i drove to the second window where a young man was very confused and could not figure out my order and that is when Champagne also appeared at the window and after a few minutes Champagne informed me my order would be $12.22 and I told them I paid at the first window that I was not paying again. Champagne then firmly said I did not, to produce my receipt. I could not find it and then they informed me Marilyn had charged me the wrong order and I said no I didn't that Marilyn had said $12.22 before I handed her my card at this time the three children i had with me were getting frightened and cars were lined up behind me so they asked me to pull over and find my receipt so I did and indeed she had charged me the wrong order.

I then gave my daughter my credit card and told her to go in and pay the difference even though they were the ones who made the mistake not me. When my pregnant daughter went in to pay the difference she had said she did not see why we were responsible because of their mistake and Champagne became very rude and threw the receipts at my daughter and she pushed them back at her and i saw what I thought was a man in my daughters face yelling at her so i got out of the car and went inside and by this time there was a third person named Karen who said she was the manager who had came forward because Champagne was yelling "you will only get whats on the receipt you produced" and said my daughter assaulted her and we were absolutely horrified and then Champagne launched at us and Karen had to push her back, actually push her over two times. I could not believe what I was seeing. We were embarrassed, angry and so confused that this was all happening with my grandson and his friends watching, the customers in the store all over three kids meals.

I sent my daughter in to pay the remainder owed and Champagne turned it into a brawl. The manager Karen said Champagne told her my pregnant daughter assaulted her and I said no she did not and that I wanted the security video of this event and she said she could not do that. We were assaulted by your manager in training Champagne and I am seriously considering legal measures. The man I thought was yelling at my daughter was Champagne, which is a girl with an attitude. I did everything right and did not deserve to be treated like that. We have been going to this McDonalds for over 25 years and we go at least twice a week after my grandsons baseball games.

Customer Rating

I went to the Mcdonalds on columbia Ave about 7:30pm last night. I waited about 5 minutes. They were not busy at the time. they may have had one or two cars in the drive thru. they also had 2 other customers inside that were waiting to get their food. I was not even acknowledge that I was even there. No one said Hi or we will be right with you. After 5 minutes I left. This is not the first time I have been in this Mcdonalds. They seem to cater to drive thru than inside. I know they are busy at times but when they are busy inside and the drive it seems drive thru gets there food first. No one gets theiir food in the inside of the store. every one seems to be helping people in the drive thru lane. I have waited for food a lot of times. It seems lately its getting worse. I can go to other locations and get faster service and the other employees seem to be more attentive and happier. Everyone at this McDonalds seems to not be happy and dont care about anyone. I have gone to this McDonals before and wait a long time jhust to order food and then wait even longer just to get the food even when they are not busy. I will not go this McDonalds for a long time. This McDonalds needs to work on customer service and lesrn to get the food out quicker than they are now. Sometimes they food is also cold when I got it. If they cant do there jobs right maybe they should not be in business there or get other people that can do the job the right way.

Customer Rating

I went to the drive thru and order 2 big breakfast and 3 large sweet teas and a sausage biscut and the total was $12.25 and when I went to the window to get my order they handed me 1 tea I told the associate I had order 3 and she said well she didn't charge u but far ! so she came to the window and told me it would be $2.76 far the other 2 teas so I handed her a 5 and she never gave me my change she just gave me my tea and said have a great day I know it's just $2.24 change but every time I go there and the associate is at the window she seem to be having a bad day are either she don't like her job cause she has a real mean look on her face and this isn't good for this company cause I far one don't like it.

The shift leader has a bad adatuide also she was behind the associate saying something about me cause she and I have had words before about a over charge I'm trying to let you all know how this store is being run by some very rude people and you need to come here and check on this store this whole store needs new managers and associates. I hope you come and check it out because I'm not going back there and I eat there 4 or 5 times a week but seems to be going on when the store manager isn't there cause he's very nice and he always try to make your rite if he's there they don't say a word back to you if it's not right they just fix it for you so that's why I think it's the shift leaders there and this one associate. Thanks Mittie Ballard

Contact the McDonalds Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to McDonalds. What is their corporate mailing address?

1 Mcdonald's Plaza, Oak Brook, IL 60523
  • I want to call the McDonalds customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

630-623-3000
  • I need to visit the McDonalds company website. What is their website address?