Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by warren laesch
Jan 25, 2015 - Grosse Pointe, MI
Poor

I went to the Harper Woods, MI drive through January 25, 2015. Ordered 2 sausage and egg biscuits. When I was pulling away I noticed they had cheese on them. Went back and told them order was wrong. Girl working window asked what I was supposed to get. She came back and gave me a bag. Opened them up and then I received just egg biscuits. Gave bag back and told her what I wanted again. Then she came back and said I was charged for just egg biscuits and that I would have to pay more. Now I don't mind paying what I owe but after order was messed up on their end twice already I thought this could have been let go. I asked to see manager and when she came to window she was rude and argumentative right off the bat. I told her I didn't think it was right to recharge me after my time was wasted by their incompetence. She stated she would tell the girl to listen better when taking orders then slammed window shut. Very rude. These workers want more than minimum wage but if you can't get a simple order right and you want to treat customers rudely then you shouldn't be rewarded. That manager has a bad attitude also and should be demoted or fired. The customer is always right. We pay their salaries.

Have you had problems with McDonalds?

Compare McDonalds to Similar Fast Food more...

Top 346 Reviews about McDonalds

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a McDonalds customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

On Saturday, May 16, 2015 I was in the drive-thru at the Salt Lake McDonalds located at 848 Ala Lilikoi Street, Honolulu, HI 96818. I got there at 12:45pm and sat in the drive-thru for over 1/2 hour. I was the 4th vehicle to the cashier window and was in the position for the duration until I got my food. I called from my car to the manager inside and was told that they were filling orders.

For one, the parking lot was not busy with walk-in customers....the drive-thru was! I called again after not moving for 15 minutes and the staff did not know what to say but sorry. By the time I got to the cashier, I asked him what was going on and he mentioned he just got on shift and they have a new manager, Ashley. I told him we should not pay for our food or be given coupons for the inconvenience of a 40 minute wait in the drive-thru. The traffic in the drive-thru was long!

When I got my food I told them the service and management is very poorly run and that I will be reporting this to the corporate headquarters. No apology at the window and the manager was there looking all stressed. This should not be happening and if the manager is not trained to handle orders or the drive-thru, it's a problem! I was looking for an apology from the manager who should have been by the drive-thru window as we exited and passed out coupons or something!

Good

Visited McDonalds the second time in the past week with my two kids. Again NO new toys available for kids. McDonalds seem to have problems with sales but the biggest draw for McDonalds: The kids's Happy Meal - does not provide toys, except the outdated ones. If I was the CEO of McDonalds something would change! Forget the new salads, the menu - go back to your basics!

Poor

When I arrived at McDonald's in Grants Pass Oregon. I ordered the new serlion steak house sandwich with the mushrooms. I then drove away and parked opened the sandwich box to find that their was no mushrooms. I then went back in to fix my order and ask if I can get my mushrooms put on my sandwich. The GM replied with o my gosh I forgot the mushrooms. She didn't tame my sandwich, instead she walked away a brought back a box of mushrooms. I thought it was very unprofessional of her. I returned back to my car to make my sandwich my self to only take a bite of dry, discolored meat that tasted horrible as if it is old. I then just put it back in the bag and thrown it away. This isn't the first time something has happens at this location. A few times I had ordered a mc double. I parked and with my reaction I looked to see if there was no pickle and then to find a pile of seasonings. I have been told through the grape vine that the kitchen is horrible, mold in a big hole under the sink, the fryer not being cleaned, appliances not being cleaned behind them, grease corroded all behind the appliances wire's. All of this has made me concerned about the management at this location. I'm really concerned about the safety of costumers and employees.

Horrible

I am a 4th grade teacher and went to McDonalds at 43 Ave & Thunderbird in Phoenix AZ after work and they were out of key-chains for teachers. Then I went to the McDonalds at 51Ave and Cactus in the Glendale AZ and they gave me a free drink with my teachers badge and told me I could bring it in any time until the end of the year for a free drink. I went there today and was told it is only for one day. (While you are not under any obligation I think it would be nice to honor what you tell customers at any McDonald Store.)

Poor

Me and my husband went to McDonald's on Universal Drive, Ct, and asked for a parfait. The cashier says they don't have any. First this is all the time at this location, my husband says to her this is the second location I went to today that don't have it. She catches an attitude, turns her face away. My husband tries telling her he was joking she wouldn't even acknowledge our presence so we walked away without making a purchase. If she don't know how to take a joke she should be working in the back where she doesn't have to come in contact with the customers because at the end customer is always right.

Horrible

I was short changed $10 in the drive through at the McDonalds in Stafford, VA. 22554 on the morning of 5/6/15 at 8:55 am. This one is located at the intersection of Sheldon Shop Rd. and Garrisonville Rd. I ordered a chicken sandwich, small sprite, and sausage and egg English muffin meal with a orange juice. The bill came to $10.46, (within a few cents; I was NOT given the receipt). I had two one dollar bills in my cup holder but only 5 twenties in my wallet. I pulled out one of the $20, but not wanting 5's and 1's for change, I gave the cashier $21.

Of course she is taking the next order etc. while making my change. She gave me back the change and I told her it was $10 short. She immediately took offense and said I think you gave me a $10. I said no, I did not have a $10 so I had to give a $20. At that point she told me she would "check on it" and continued with the next customer.

When I got my food I told the food person I was waiting for change and she told me to pull up and wait. 15 minutes later I was still sitting there so went inside and tried to speak to a manager. There was none, so I left to get my grandkids to school. I called back and asked for update and they said there was no extra $10 ??? I asked for next level supervisor and they said Jo Anne was in a class but would return on Monday.

I know if this is not resolved by a supervisor sometime today it will not happen. After a few more calls I was given Jo Anne's number but only got her answer message. I was also given a number for Lamar Brown but no one answers that number either.

I don't appreciate being ripped off for $10, especially with the attitude and no one giving a crap about it. I stop by this McDonalds a few times a week, and the food orders are messed up half the time but I put up with that with no complaint. But I am not going to let the short change go by with no action.

Regarding this particular cashier, I don't think she would pocket $10, but when she finds the extra $10 I am convinced she would trash it before letting it show she made an error. But with no supervisor to monitor what she is doing maybe she has nothing to worry about.

This will be my last trip to McDonalds. I don't have this happen at Chick-fil-a or Hardees a little farther down the road so that is where I will be going from now on. If this is not resolved as I now don't expect it to be, I will leave negative reviews for McDonalds wherever such opportunity exists to warn others about the lack of oversight of employee actions.

Wetumpka, AL location.

I go to the drive through, only person in line for both lines. I wait for about 3 minutes with no one telling to me to hold or taking my order. A car pulls in the other drive through and is immediately helped. After saying hello 5 times someone finally says "What do you need?"HOW RUDE!

After paying and getting my food I ask for extra napkins and get the BIGGEST sigh and she rolls her eyes at me. You are lucky to get 1 napkin from that McDonalds, so I guess we are not entitled to receive or even ask for anything. I guess I was interrupting their conversation with one another. It was 1:30 in the afternoon, not busy at all.

I have had several bad experiences with that McDonalds, they are always very rude. McDonalds has always had a horrible reputation for their employees being rude, and I agree completely. I think I will be taking my business for now on to Chick-fil-A where they actually are nice and treat their customers with respect.

Horrible

On April 29 2015 I went to McDonalds at 416 west 6th ST in Junction City KS. I ordered a 20 piece McNugget and one double cheese burger to go through the drive-in window. Very slow service. Now it is midnight and I got my order and my order was wrong. I told the employee it was wrong, he then called his manager. They got my correct order and gave me a refund receipt for $7.10. OK? this charge was never refunded to me at this time.

I also went into my overdraft with this transaction costing me $29. I was late for my shift at work also. The things with one visit. $29 charge (overdraft) $7.10 charge I never got back. I was late for work. This is ashame I will never go back to McDonalds ever again Amen. Cost me $36.10 for a $7,43 meal, and got into a problem at work to. I still have my receipts for this ordeal.

Poor

I have to be at work at 8:00 am. I do not go to McDonald's in the morning for breakfast because the drive-thru is too slow and they make me late for work. If I am going to go to McDonald's in the morning I need to get up earlier and leave earlier for work. This is probably my 3rd complaint on this restaurant. I went in this morning even though it was against my better judgment; I saw cars lined up and there was no one at the food window waiting on the cars. (I have gone through before and left because of this same scenario).

Upon placing my order of a bacon, egg, cheese biscuit combo with a small coffee with 6 creams and 4 Splenda, I noticed the screen said bagel, I corrected her and she asked me what did I want in my coffee, so I repeated it. The line was moved and I paid promptly, and then I got to the food window where everything stopped. The girl was standing there with my bag which she sat down, and then picked up and handed it to me and asked me again what I wanted in my coffee. I repeated it.

I looked in the bag and saw that there was no hash brown, I handed the bag back to her and she said Oh I forgot. She handed me the bag again, I informed her that this is the reason I don't come there in the morning, because they are slow and they make me late for work. The employee began to defend herself by saying that she doesn't make the food, the cooks make the food and she just hands it out the window, I said but you forgot the hash brown, she then got an attitude and walked away! I said as she was walking away I will report it to your manager. The lady behind her asked me what the problem was and what I wanted in my coffee!!!! I repeated it again!!!! She apologized and got the coffee for me, she was very polite.

I have tried this McDonald's thing over and over. It is right down the street from my house, but I think I will have to go out of my way from now on to get breakfast. The manager was there on her cell phone and was not paying any attention. She has been the manager there for a long time, but things are not working out for me at this McDonald's. I give up.

Horrible

On 5/2/15 12:14 pm I ordered a Quarter Pounder with cheese after waiting for longer than what I thought was a fast food establishment I took a seat. I noticed customers who ordered after me, received their food and exit. I walked up to ask if they forgot about my order. A few minutes later I was given my order. I checked the order and noticed the meat was NOT hot, nor Warm to the touch. I asked was this a left over from the previous night. I was offered another burger, but after the wait I didn't have the time to wait any longer, so I asked for a refund.

2/15 7:00am A few months ago this same location gave me a cold breakfast sandwich, with a difference meat than what I ordered. I ordered an egg white sandwich with sausage instead of the ham. I asked the cashier at the drive through if this was sausage and she responded with a Yes.

This is the second time I've visited this location and both experiences were unfavorable. This location get no stars from me. The restroom was filthy, and dirty. I had to ask if someone could clean, I waited for the young man to clean, he then went back to buzz me in to use the restroom, as I was using the restroom I could hear someone enter. I assumed it was another female. When I exit the stall the young man who was previously cleaning was inside the ladies restroom. Surely he was aware I was there since earlier I was waiting for him to clean, and after cleaning he closed the door. I had then asked if I could use the restroom, and he went to buzz me in. I was uncomfortable with his presence. I will never visit this location again.

At 5 my grand son informed me McDonald's is not real food, and refuse to eat there, and insisted on going to Chic fil A for lunch. Smart kid

Horrible

Twice a year we drive coast to coast and stop at many McDonald's for food, coffee and bathrooms. The McDonald's in Arkadelphia off I30 is the first McDonald's we've ever walked out of without eating. The woman's restroom was filthy - the dining area was filled with flies. We drove on the next exit. Last year, we complained about the store in Forrest City and this year it was much improved.

Horrible

Me and my friend went through the drive through in Coram. I had to tell the girl 6 times what I wanted and they got annoyed. The other guy came and asked what the problem was and I told him. His reply in a very Nasty tone said to me stop being so nasty. Excuse me but having to repeat myself six times and she still did not get it tends to annoy customers.

I have had other experiences in that place and I have decided not to patron McDonald's any longer due to nasty service. When I brought this to your management again I received a nasty attitude. This is no way to run a business and I am sure you will lose plenty of other business due to this kind of thing. I am contacting corporate will not tolerate being treated this way.

Bad

On the 2 May 2015 at 15:35 Went to The Mcdonalds Kuilsriver Cape Town and used the restroom but when I went in it was filthy and stinking then when I was done I wanted to wash my hands but the tap was not working so there was no water and there was already handwash on my hands.On top of that there was no toilet paper to clean my hands. Or wipe the Handwash off then I went to the Counter Service infront and while waiting there I asked to speak to the Manager which I saw standing there and I saw him which he blatantly refused to see me or speak to me and sent a cashier to speak to me which I find utterly rude and unethical. I am seriously dissapointed in this service I got and not a Happy Customer.

Time/Date of Incident: Hwy 109 N. Lebanon, TN - Fri 5/1 - 7:00 PM

At the front counter, I ordered a plain McDouble - no cheese. I was told it would be while because they were currently processing a larger order. I said 'no problem."

When my order was called - my burger was placed on a tray - and I took it back to my table - only to discover that it only had one burger on it. I took it back to the front counter and the McDonald's Team Member sent it back to be fixed - no apology or attempt to be nice. The tall Team Member in the back opened the burger up, looked at it - re-wrapped it and sent it back up as a completed order.

At this time, I asked the young man behind the counter to check and see if it was done correctly. He handed it to me and I had to check it. It was not. He took it back and the tall man behind the sandwich warmer asked me "Do you not want it plain?" I had to tell him that a McDouble has two patties on it!

Finally, he added the second patty and my burger was returned to me.

Not one of the three people involved - or the manager standing by - apologized or went out of their way to see what they could do to make me - the customer, feel respected in that situation.

Horrible

Last week, I went into the McDonalds on Woodside in Redwood City, Ca. I usually go through the Drive-Thru. My concern was one last week the woman forgot to give me a receipt or change. I didn't have the heart to say anything as she may be new since they have had a sign looking for help.

Yes I know I should have said something as that helps with there training, I let it slide, that was my error. BUT 3 days later I went again, a different young lady was at the window, she gave me the receipt but not the change and it was over $4.00,

I did remind her of the change she didn't look to happy, but they do have some who work the window who look unhappy especially if they error. I hope you can understand my concern, I have found myself when someone wants to go to McDonalds is to say don't go to the one on Woodside, they will not give you your change. At this time, I usually suggest going to different hamburger place other than McDonalds.

Horrible

McDonald's in Amarillo Tx I-40 and Ross Osage. The manager is allowing people to bring in food from am outside source into you store. She or the cashier has done nothing about it. If the manager would get off her phone long enough to pay attention to what's going on and do something, you would not have gotten this message. You know this is cross-contamination and is not taken lightly by the Health department.

Horrible

I ordered my food at the drive thru. Went to the first window and paid. Went to the second window and an employee named Crystle asked if I ordered a peach tea and Mc chicken. I told her I did. She told me "the next time someone tells you to wait for your total you wait for your total." I was in shock and asked her to repeat what she said. She said the above statement over again. I told her she cannot talk to a customer like that. She then told me to "shut up". I asked to talk to the store manager. An assistant manager came to the window and apologized. This McDonalds is located in Chestertowm Maryland. I cannot believe you employee people like this.

Horrible

This happens OFTEN. 2 coffee, 2 muffins, 1 correct of each. 2 years ago I started to count 58 visits 32 correct these are regular visits with a mix of food and coffees. I just stopped going there for over a year until recently and low and behold. No change. ordering 2 coffee - 2 muffins and getting one wrong coffee one wrong muffin ..... I mean come on........... It was 4pm I was the only one in the line I even asked the speaker guy if he got it right....then again when I paid ......I just knew it would be wrong......I asked again when she handed it to me which one had the sweetener , she told me even asked what kind of muffins she told me..............DIDN'T SEEM TO WORK.....BOTH COFFEES HAD SWEETENER AND ONE MUFFIN NOT BLUEBERRY IT WAS CARROT ......................

Bad

Went to McDonalds on Mcgavok pike in Donelson, TN. I ordered a ham biscuit and hash browns. Got to work and the biscuit had to be leftover from the day before or later. The hash browns were soaked in grease and cold. McDonalds your quality has never been great...but in the past year or so, it has dropped to the bottom of the barrel. You all need to give it up and shut down.

Horrible

Complaint is regarding t.v. commercial. "I'm lovin; it' phrase I believe is an extremely selfish phrase. to the eyes, heart of a toddler/pre-schooler/early grade schooler. How about 'Wish you were here' or "Come join us'. That leads to conversation w/caregiver-opens/closes the reality of going to McDonald's. Instead of sitting there as a very young child with 'mixed' feelings.

Contact the McDonalds Complaint Department