Customer Satisfaction Results

McDonalds

Complaint Department

Filed by warren laesch on Jan 25, 2015
Consumer Rating

I went to the Harper Woods, MI drive through January 25, 2015. Ordered 2 sausage and egg biscuits. When I was pulling away I noticed they had cheese on them. Went back and told them order was wrong. Girl working window asked what I was supposed to get. She came back and gave me a bag. Opened them up and then I received just egg biscuits. Gave bag back and told her what I wanted again. Then she came back and said I was charged for just egg biscuits and that I would have to pay more. Now I don't mind paying what I owe but after order was messed up on their end twice already I thought this could have been let go. I asked to see manager and when she came to window she was rude and argumentative right off the bat. I told her I didn't think it was right to recharge me after my time was wasted by their incompetence. She stated she would tell the girl to listen better when taking orders then slammed window shut. Very rude. These workers want more than minimum wage but if you can't get a simple order right and you want to treat customers rudely then you shouldn't be rewarded. That manager has a bad attitude also and should be demoted or fired. The customer is always right. We pay their salaries.

28 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about McDonalds?

Compare McDonalds to Similar Fast Food more...

McDonalds Customer Feedback Trending Now

326 McDonalds consumers have created complaints against McDonalds to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free McDonalds complaint form to share your review. Need to contact McDonalds corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

Complaint is regarding t.v. commercial. "I'm lovin; it' phrase I believe is an extremely selfish phrase. to the eyes, heart of a toddler/pre-schooler/early grade schooler. How about 'Wish you were here' or "Come join us'. That leads to conversation w/caregiver-opens/closes the reality of going to McDonald's. Instead of sitting there as a very young child with 'mixed' feelings.

Consumer Rating

I went to McDonald's inside Bramalea City Centre, 25 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton, Ontario L6T 3R6 today. I ordered two coffees, one Bacon Egg McMuffin and one Hot cakes. Fortunately my spouse and I were eating in, otherwise we would have taken home an incomplete order. When I took the food to our table, my husband undid the Hot Cakes and found three individual servings on butter but no syrup. He went back to the counter and was told "We are out of syrup." (Why didn't they tell me that when I ordered them. Do people eat pancakes with butter only?).

He came back to the table a little stunned and I went back, with the pancakes and asked "Do you actually think people eat pancakes with butter only?" I got a blank stare and asked "Do you want your money back?" I said "Well, yes. But I will order a Sausage Egg McMuffin instead". She gave me my money back and then I paid her for the Sausage Egg McMuffin. I found it particularly annoying that I was not told in the first place there was no syrup and they expected someone to eat them like that. However, if I had been going through a drive through i would have been stuck with it. Not professional at all.

Consumer Rating

Chehalis, WA. Wal-mart in-store McDonalds 4/16/2015 at 5:30 PM, ordered one of your NEW spicy chicken sandwich, paid $5.17, dark brown bun top very dry, such small piece of spicy fried chicken that it fit inside the middle of the bun not even close to edges, stingy amount of mayo, one small slimy piece of lettuce, tomato slice was only acceptable piece of food in entire sandwich, first bite was so dry & mostly bun that I had to ask for more mayo, was given 3 pkgs (& used/needed all 3 too!), have been big McDonalds fan forever (I am 68 yrs. old), my son had his 1st job at McDonalds, our entire family ate breakfast there every Sunday & loved it but am so very disgusted w/this last spicy chicken sandwich (NOT the $1.00 spicy chicken sandwich but the big $4.79 spicy chicken sandwich) that I will never order it again and will most certainly let my friends know what a terrible & expensive sandwich it is. I am one unsatisfied customer! Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Consumer Rating

McDonalds...1376 West International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fl. 32114. Every time I have been to this Charlie Brown restaurant, the drink station area is so sticky and garbage all around. The tea dispensers are always empty, the bathrooms are so disgusting and smell like urine, there is only one person taking orders while others are bumping their gums. I have had to walk out, without ordering, the last three times I went inside. Today was one of those days. Today was so ridiculous that a worker leaving her shift yelled through the place, back to the employees, "people are waiting on their food!" Not once have I seen the acting shift manager each time I have gone there. This place is ran by unsupervised management and def needs to be clean-slated and given a new life...especially due to the high volume of tourists.

Consumer Rating

I visited the Drive thru at the location in Richmond at Alderbridge and No. 3 Road. I have visited seveal months aga and ordered a vanilla latte. Upon picking it up and using the coupon for a free specialty drink, the semployee asked for an additional 30 cents. I asked why and I was given the response, we are independant and our owner told us to charge for syrup. I was taken back and called the corporate office to complain. I was told this would be taken care of with your independents.

I ordered a latte with an extra expresso shot.yesterday and I was asked again to pay 75 cents for the expresso shot. I asked not to have the additional charge and I was given a vanilla latte ?????
I am very diappointed that this location continues to make their own rules. I have visited a number of different locations and I have never been asked to pay for a specialty drink charge. I would like a response to this and some explanation to the conduct of the owner.

Consumer Rating

I debated about going to McDonalds' or Bojangles' (they are right across the street from each other) so I stopped at McDonalds'; big mistake. I walked in ordered food and was waiting on my change. The cashier did not have enough pennies. She gave some money to who looked like the manager. Since she did not have any pennies, she gave me 2 pennies over. As we joked about the 2 pennies another customer walked up and said to me "you are in the good". Since I was not speaking to this customer, I said I am talking to the cashier! Then the manager came out behind the counter, looked at me and said "What is she waiting for" (very RUDE) to the cashier. I said 2 egg McGriddles'. She slammed the food on the counter and said "have a nice day" as if that would help her rudeness. This happened at University Blvd East in Tuscaloosa, AL. Please let this manager know, I was waiting on McGriddles' this morning but from now on I won't be waiting on McDonald's any more! Get some customer service training.

Consumer Rating

With ref. to order no. 24736 placed on 12.04.2015. The order was suppose to reach me in 29 min. but was delayed for more than 1 hour. Also, the products reached to me were not looking fresh and not at all hot. Even on asking for 50 Rs. coupon due to delay (for which I got the msg), the executive said he doesn't have that and would be adjusted next time. Very poor service and not at all expected from McDonalds. Highly Unsatisfied.

Consumer Rating

Tonight, I went to the Colorado Springs McDonalds on Fillmore and Stone street, waited in drive thru lane #2 while two cars who were behind me got their orders taken in lane #1. I got tired of waiting and didn't want to order anything by the time they go around to me, and had to wait in line behind all the other cars who had ordered ahead of me who were behind me to start with, but didn't make the mistake of getting in lane #2. This isn't the first time I've gotten bad service at this McDonalds. I sometimes go to this store for breakfast because it's conveniently on the way to work, but on at least two occasions I couldn't get a large coffee because they were out of cups. Many times they are out of other items like apple pie. It's called fast food because the customer is suppose to get a meal quickly, with the same level of customer service as any other McDonalds elsewhere, but at this one the only fasting you're likely to get is the kind where you drive away with nothing. This store is poorly managed, and after tonight, the Burger King across the street on Fillmore just gained a regular customer who use to go to McDonalds.

Consumer Rating

On several occasions, when I am at the Walmart at Quarry Bend in Sandy, Utah, I have attempted to buy a hot fudge sunday and have been turned away because the ice cream machine is allegedly broken. I have not heard that excuse at any other McDonald's. I think, the personnel at this particular McDonald's just do not want to bother exchanging the empty ice cream bag with a fresh one. Especially, if that individual is about to go off shift.

Consumer Rating

Placed order for two sausage and biscuit and two senior coffee in drive up-there was a sign that there was free coffee with any breakfast sandwich, got to the window to pay the lady charged me for two senior coffee, I ask why she said there was a charge for the coffee. I usually buy at a McDonalds on Goodman Rd in Southaven, Ms but the last two times I visited there; there has been a line all the way to the street and one time after placing the order they told me I would have to come in to place the order they were having technical difficulties- The difficulty they were having was no one to wait on people. I usually get free senior coffee at local McDonalds-is there different policies with different stores??

Consumer Rating

I worked for mcdonalds in weymouth on main street for three years. It was awsome in the beinging but a knew manager came on board named shannon toomy. Right away, I noticed she had an attiude with fellow employees and customers. As a result of that, I left for another job and when I left three other people followed me. She is not manager material and I am suprized she is still there. While I was still working at mcdoalds my husband needed surgery and I had to take a month off from work to take care of him. Shannon gave me a hard time. She said you have a choice working here or family. Well when it comes to my family, I am there for them she didnt even care! A former employee of mcdoalds in weymouth

Consumer Rating

Just try to get food through drive thru, and get a 3 piece chicken meal large... They have me a salad instead, I ask to change the order and they did ,.. Good and ok but when I asked the receipt they pull me out from the window and park on the waiting parking ok, now I'm asking for a change but the manager or whoever isit said and insisting that I gave 7 dollars in which I gave 20 dollar ,. And that I have no change bec they were the same price .. I paid almost 7.75 actual but my bill was only 5.80 dollars.. And keep on arguing that I don't have a change and the freaking manager with a very thick Mexican accent was rude .. Could you send this guy to a seminar? How to handle customer complaint... All I want is to get my change and I the right to get it but he's pushing me that it has the same price , while talking to him He just turn around and go back to his store... WoW what an unprofessional gesture...rude and no manners,.. It made me snap so I'll find this complaint site right away..I still have the receipt with store # 8800 broadway ,.. Tucson AZ store # 10511..

Consumer Rating

Took grandchildren to mcdonalds in kingsland georgia...play area is absolutely dirty, even the play tree they crawl is so dirty that you can see it all over it. The girls hands, faces and feet were black with dirt...the seats near play area were dirty. There was no sanitation in container..an empty wipe container..ask for wipes to clean the girls..person working would not get any, said he didn't know where they were...He never offered to get us any help... Another grandmother ask to speak with manager, the guy said he was busy...never went to get manager or wipes..we went to bathroom to wash hands and face before we let them have anymore of their food or ice cream, there were no paper towels available.. I have lived in Camden Co...all my life...But I will not take my grandchildren to that Mcdonalds again..I believe that the play area is unsanitary, and it is hard to take them and not let them play..So until I know that it has improved I find a other business to go to.

Consumer Rating

I was pulled into McDonald located on 1410 n. Lemon st. Anaheim, CA 92801 drive thru to get my coffee around 5:25pm 04/09. And this guy "Raule"told me "wait 3 minutes. Wa are brewing fresh coffee" So I pulled into reserved area and waited about 5 minutes, and this guy did not come. So I decided to come in the store, asked for coffee and this "Raule" told me "I am off work". There was no apology nothing but he kept saying "I am off work". I did not want to argue because I was already late for my school, so I asked "Alfonse" for the store manager and he said "there is no store manager". So I asked "Alfonse" to write down all the names (the guy name, your name, and store manager) and number I can reach. So I came outside, I noticed this guy "Raule" circling around the parking lot and waited for me to come outside. I ignored and drove away and he literally followed me about 2miles. I was about to call police but I've lost him.

Consumer Rating

My complaint is regarding the store in Memphis, Indiana. It is a 24 hour store. Lately when I go there after work, the drive thru is closed. I have a very bad back. I hurt too bad to go inside. I am very disappointed when I can't get anything. I understand that they may be short of help. Surely something could be worked out. It has happened numerous times in the past month.

Consumer Rating

I know your stores are franchised . store # 26590 I visit this store and ask if they had the quarter pounder DELUXE they said NO ! so I ordered a quarter pounder value meal . I pulled up to pay for my meal $7.01 I gave them a twenty and one cent I GOT BACK 13 ONE DOLLAR BILLS ! then I went to pick up my order and asked why the Downer street store has the DELUXE and they did not . the server got the manager and I ask him . " oh we have the deluxe " well I was told NO ! " it is a number 5 ! I will correct them on that " he did nothing to even ask me if I still wanted the deluxe . all I got was a " sorry sir " as I was handed my meal and closed the window . the only reason I stopped at this store was because I had just finished shopping in the same plaza .normally I go to the one on downer street . I HAVE GREAT SERVICE FROM THIS STORE ! IF I go to MC Donald's again I will drive pass this store to any other one ! this has left a sour taste for MC Donald's ! first insult was getting all ones back for change ! then to treated like just another person with a complaint and BRUSHED OFF AS ONE ! you need to RETRAIN THE WHOLE CREW ! or is this the way they are trained .

Consumer Rating

earlier that day my daughter & I went to McDonald to order some food, the workers took a long time to serves the food they talk a lot instead of providing they services that we pay our hard earn working money. During my time at McDonald I noticed that the workers where making milkshakes & mc flurry 's & there wasn't anything wrong with the machine ,I ordered a milkshake & a mc flurry the worker who was taking our orders shouted with rudeness there weren't any milkshake & that the machine was broken when I saw two other workers handed out four milkshakes to other customers.Everyone who were ordering their foods were shocked about the girl outburst & rudeness that some of the customers left.The place is filthy & the services is bad they gives you something else instead of what you order.Someone need to go & investigate that place because I was treated unfairly & so is my child that we left the place .

Consumer Rating

Ordered Steak Wrap and small plain Sunday at 1.20p.m on 1/4/2015 I received the Sunday straight away after 2 minutes the young lass said there will a 2 min wait for wrap could not believe what I was hearing 26 c with a Sunday soon becomes a drink the training needs to be smartened Up I was not impressed when the girl bought the wrap to the waiting bay she certainly didn't look like she was enjoying the job all I ask for is great service which I know you guys are known for sadly Wodonga is not living up to your standards I will leave this with you hoping you can turn standards around Regards Ann

Consumer Rating

I am Asian American. I walked into a busy McDonalds Store with My bleached t shirt, shorts and blonde hair .I was tired and anyone could've seen it in my face. I wanted something , anything to make me feel better. I stood in line and waited to be called. The manager then opened another register and started calling people out of the first line. When my turn came, she walked away and started working on other tasks leaving me hanging . I don't know if it could've been my hair , me being half Asian, or my bleached t shirt that lead her to make me feel unimportant. She just took two orders at a very fast welcoming pace , what will it take to just take one more. I don't understand. I felt as if my appearance caused her to leave me waiting. I don't think people in her position should make decisions upon people appearance, especially with McDonalds prestige reputation. I was at Store #2747 , The Manager's name is Celeste. I believe someone should scold her for her discrimination against poor-looking people. I'm too nice to do that so I hope this would bring on corporates attention. If I was Bill Gates, this complaint wouldn't be necessary. I could've bought a ton of Mcdonalds stock with the time I spent writing this. I lost faith in Mcdonalds as an Investor . I think Wendy's is a better Investment now.

Consumer Rating

patronized the Coopersville, mc donalds and ordered a big breakfast. proceeded to work and to eat my breakfast. only to find that I didn't receive any syrup for my hotcakes. called the store and complained, and was sent a coupon for another breakfast. I redeemed it last week for another breakfast same as before, proceeded to work as before only to find that I was shorted butter for my pancakes. I immediately called mc donalds in Coopersville and asked for the manager. talked with her explaining my problem, she said she had checkeed the order herself and was confident everything was there. it seemed as though all she wanted to do was argue and tell me I was mistaken. believe me I have a lot more to do than spend my time on the phone reporting a problem. I did not dream up the shortage, why would I. last but not least, I do not lie and certainly felt the attitude was totally unprofessional.

Contact the McDonalds Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to McDonalds. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 1 Mcdonald's Plaza
    • Oak Brook
    • IL 60523
  • I want to call the McDonalds customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

630-623-3000
  • I need to visit the McDonalds company website. What is their website address?