Long John Silver's

Most Popular Complaint about Long John Silver's

Posted by Tom Addison on Jan 19, 2015
Customer Rating

went to long johns at sr 17-92 in longwood frorida. Ordered my food and paid the girl 6.90. about 10 min went by the girl said there waiting for fish to get fried, can i get you a drink for free i said no just want my food. another 5 min. went by and the manager came to the window and said can i get you a float i said no my lunch was almost over was very mad, had to get back to work told the manager just forget it and i left with no lunch and left with no food and out 6.90 . this is not acceptable never go back there again.

Did Long John Silver's provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Long John Silver's?

2 out of 5
14 Complaints

Contact Long John Silver's

Corporate Address

Phone Number

Website

More Long John Silver's Complaints

Customer Rating

Dear sirs This is the second time my order at this establishment was handed to me wrong through drine through window. Even though the lady asked me to repeat order I was shorted on my food that I paid for three fish and three chicken is not a eight peice meal. Dr peper is not a diet rootbeer and to recieve attatuide form the lady behind window is not acceptable. To call the store and be hung up on twice tells me there is a problem. So I’m left with this Hope you decide to corect this problem befor it gets worse, because this to me smacks of a racial hatered situation and having that implyed by you girl is just wrong. SJSmith

Customer Rating

I am not happy!!! on 3-29-2014 we went to store# 31168 and we spent $22.80 and we had to wait 30mins to get our food we was ready to walk out and get our money back and they brought our food it was half cold and half warm… we are a family who really don’t get to eat out much and we got a chance to eat out and we picked long johns. we are fish lovers and we love going to long johns when we can. But that was just crazy. there was a lot of people who was not happy when we where there. everyone was waiting. and they was getting drive thru and not the people in side…….. that’s a lot of money for just two people eating!!!!! to have to wait for 30min and then to get it cold as well…

Customer Rating

i was recently working for long john silver’s and AW in spring hill fl 34606.. That store has been known for horrible food and service! I was a great employee i did everything i was asked and more! The store manager Dallas was even complimenting my work and impressed! I was a manager and have the experience and a hard worker. The two weeks I was there we got more customer commemts and they were ringing the bell for great service! It was 2:30 and that store policy is if you dont take a lunch break then you leav. 30 minutes early on your shift. So my shift ended at 3pm, i asked the assistant manager on that shift Jennifer grady, should I clock out since I didnt get a chance for a lunch break or do I stay til 3. She then proceeded to yell and say this… I dont give a shit, I dont want to fucking hear about it or discuss it. i don’t fucking care. im sick im not in the mood, dallas says leave at 230 then do it i’m not going to get in trouble! I was embarrassed she only talked that way to me. She was being super nice to everyone else. it was in front of employees and the front kitchen window where customers could see as well. When i spoke to Dallas about it. He said she just had alot going on that I would just have to get over it and deal. I asked if he could at least not schedule me with her the very next day I at least deserved that after how badly ahe treated me. She was only ruse and disrespectful to me. thats discrimination!! THen dallas said he didnt have time for this. He wanted to know if i was going to deal with it or leave. Becauae he had a stack of applications and i was replaceable! I have 5 children.. i need that job. I was treated unfairly and discriminated against! and then forced to leave. No action was taken she got away with it and i lost my job! THis is not fair. I want my job back and something done about that manager!! long john silvers&AW should not let any of there managers treat there employees that way. Especially a employee that can be a great asset to the company!!

Customer Rating

I ordered a set of lobster bites at your Newport Tennessee store,I paid $3.99 plus tax for 4 very small pieces .I ask your manager about the amount,’she said that they come pre package and that is the amount you get.’I have ordered them before and got more then 4 pieces and the pitchure shows that you get more. That is false advertisement.And very disappointing. You should give more for the money or let people know what they are getting.

Customer Rating

There was a young person,maybe a girl wanting to dress like a boy. Expression was tense and lacking in wanting to help. the orders were wrong and this person also wrapped around her head a trash bag while starting to take trash out. Had a bad time with me and my family of 8 .Can you help to hire good people regardless of race ect…. 432 770 0490 Billie white thanks.

Customer Rating

Three different times in the last two weeks I have gone to long john silvers in wheeling wv and the management there need to be retrained or fired. They don’t care about there customers. The floors are always nasty and tables never wiped off. Me and my son went in there at 950pm on Friday the 28 of march 2014 and a bigger guy said they were closed. I said I thought they were open till 10pm and he said the friers were down. Then who ever was working in the back said im frying up my last two fish. If the fryers were down how can he still be frying ? One other time I was there in the last week and they have people not in uniforms going into the kitchen. Two other cars was there the same time I was on the 28th and didn’t get no service. I know the two that were in there a guy and a women not in uniforms were management and were waiting on the other worker two HURRY up and close. For what ever reason does not matter. I will never go back there again and I will tell every one I know about my very unhappy visits with this long john silvers.

Customer Rating

Until about a month ago the quality, quantity and service at this facility was great and we have driven a long ways just to eat at this particular Long John Silvers. About a month ago I stopped on my home , ordering 2 dinners L6 on their menu: 2 pieces of fish and two sides (we chose cole slaw and fries) with two hush puppies. When I got home we found only one small hush puppy about the size of a walnut in one of the dinners and no hush puppies in the other. In addition, when we opened the individual containers of coleslaw we found only a very small amount(not even half full). Since we have always gotten good service there I marked it up to the fact that they had two young workers that afternoon ( 5:30 p.m) so I didn’t complain. On the 20th of March we went to eat there at about 11:30 for lunch. We ordered the same dinners we always order. When they brought them to the table the hush puppies were puffed up, hard and full of grease. I took them back to the counter and the young lady said she knew about it and was frying more. In just a very short time another worker brought us 4 more. They were exactly the same. I broke one open and showed her the batter was very small and soaked in grease. She told me it was the grease they were using and walked away. We ate our dinners with no hush puppies and no further communication from either worker. At that time we made up our minds never to go back but on the 24th I decided to get a large coleslaw to go with BBQ from another business close to Long John Silvers. I got it at the drive thru jus like I’ve done so many times before. When I got it home and opened it, it was barely half full. I checked the date on the bottom and it was dated the 24th. I turned it upside down, shook it up ( because I know it sometimes settles) let the juice come to the top, turned it back up and it didn’t change at all. Thats three times in about three weeks and we can’t understand what’s going on but we won’t go back until we get some answers. They know us there by sight if not by name and they know we never complain.
Cordually Yours,

Patricia M. Hewitt

Customer Rating

very upset ,Friday went there for dinner ordered lobster bites and fish tacos, the bill amount to $32 other things were purchased, but thats not what was so upsetting , its the way the managers attitude at the register and when approach about what the food appearance and quality , he quoted as saying to my husband thats the way we serve it ,go online and complain , and the most disturbing is my husband spilt my tray bringing it back from showing him and we ask for some assistance and Steve (manager) stated not our fault you spilt the tray,

I could of went to red lobster for the amount of money I spent there and On top of everything my stomach was upset all evening.

my tacos had no lettuce, I had these last year , thats why I ordered them again , they were made better, only to be treated like dirt in your
my second email about this , no one has attempted to call at all
attaching a picture of the quality of food that was presented to us
unable to send the picture I have on this website

very unhappy

Customer Rating

My Wife Went To Our Local Long John Silver’s Here In Crawfordsville,Indiana When She Placed Her Order She Told The Person At The Window That She Wanted 1- Piece Chicken Dinner And 1-Variety Platter Fish And Chicken When She Received Her Order She Checked It Before Pulling Away And As Alway’s It Wasn’t What She Ordered So She Went Inside And Told Them The Order Was Wrong So They Gave her Another Order It Was Also Wrong
She Went Back In Again And Told Them The order Was Wrong They Gave Her Another One And It was also Wrong My Wife Talked To The person At The Counter And Told Them That The Order Had been Wrong All 3 Time’s The Person Told My Wife That Her Order Was Just What She Had Ordered Which It Was not The People Working Were Teen’s This Need’s To Be Resolved ASAP If This Is The Way You Train Your Worker’s I’m Amazed Thatb You Are Still Here In Crawfordsville

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Paul Metcalf on 03/22/2014 at IP address 107.212.33.65 using our Long John Silvers complaint form. This opinions contained in this Long John Silvers customer review titled, “Service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

ON MARCH 21, 2014 I WENT TO STORE #31277 I ORDERED 2 PC FISH & MORE WITH 1 EXTRA PC,COLESLAW AND A 5 PC FISH STRIP SNACK. THE TOTAL OF MY TICKET WAS $11.77. I ORDERED THE FOOD TO TAKE TO MY PARENTS. THEIR HOUSE WAS NOT MORE THAN 5 MINUTES AWAY. WHEN I GOT THERE THE FOOD WAS VERY COLD AND TASTE LIKE IT HAD BEEN SITTING FOR OVER 2 HOURS. THE FORGOT THE COLESLAW.

I TRIED TO CALL THE STORE SEVERAL TIMES, I KNOW THAT IT PROBABLY WAS VERY BUSY, SO I WAITED FOR A WHILE. I CALLED BACK AND THE EMPLOYEE WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL PUT THE PHONE DOWN AND I WAITED OVER 20 MINUTES AND THEN HE HUNG UP ON ME.

I CALLED BACK ABOUT 15 MINUTES LATER, AND ASKED TO SPEAK WITH THE MANAGER. MONICA M. CAME TO THE PHONE. I STARTED TO EXPLAIN ABOUT THE FOOD AND ALSO MISSING ITEM THAT WERE LEFT OUT OF MY ORDER. SHE DID NOT SEEM TO CARE THAT I HAD FOOD THAT WAS RUBBERY,COLD AND MISSING.

I TOLD HER THAT I HAD BEEN TRYING TO CALL AND SHE CALLED ME A LIER. ALL I WANTED WAS FOR HER TO REPLACE MY FULL ORDER ANOTHER DAY. SHE ASK ME TO BRING THE FOOD BACK OVER 1 HOURS LATER. I WAS ALREADY HOME AND I WAS VERY TIRED. THE FOOD I HAD TAKEN TO MY PARENTS. THEY COULD NOT EVEN EAT IT, BECAUSE IT WAS SO COLD AND RUBBERY. AT THIS TIME I ASKED TO SEE IF I COULD SPEAK TO A GENERAL MANAGER.

SHE SAID “I AM THE GENERAL MANAGER” THE SERVICE I HAD FROM HER WAS SO BAD I COULD NOT BELIEVE SHE WAS THE GENERAL MANAGER. MY FAMILY AND I EAT AT LJS QUITE OFTEN. ALL I WANTED WAS CUSTOMER SERVICE. PLEASE DO SOMTHING ABOUT THIS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP OUR BUSINESS.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Angela Alvarez on 03/21/2014 at IP address 66.69.228.183 using our Long John Silvers Store #31277 complaint form. This opinions contained in this Long John Silvers Store #31277 customer review titled, “Bad food and even worse management service.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

On April 11,2013 at 4:24pm I went to long john silver drive thru in stockton Ca 7567 Pacific Avenue ordered me fshckn.meal. when I pulled up to the window the young woman there by the name of Felicia H was not very friendly she hand me back my credit card without asking if I would like a receipt she then handed me my food and I was on my way. But then when I had pulled to the side to check my order I had received cold food and the fish and chicken had looked like it was sitting for while. When I went inside the store to let them know they looked at me as if I was wrong. Did not apologize just gave me some fresher fries and that’s was it. I’m a regular customer at this long john silvers and this had happened to me a few times but had not had a problem with receiving fresher food and the employees weren’t rude. Thank you for your time in reading my complaint. I hope to not have this problem again in the future.

Customer Rating

I went to the Long John Silvers on Polk in Dallas, Texas on Friday Feb. 3, 2012 I arrived there at 6.00 oclock on the dot and I waited in the drive thru line until 6:20 to have my order taken, when it was time for the girl to take my order (which was to be the thick cut cod)I was told that they did not have any ready and it wouldn’t be any ready for about twelve hours because it had to unthaw, I have never know any type of meat to take twelve hours to unthaw, now they knew that they had a special going on they should have been prepared better that what they were, I believed that I was lied to concerning the time that the fish would have to unthaw.

I am still fuming concerning this it was bad enough that I have to wait in line so long but not being able to order just took the cake.

Customer Rating

I went to the Taco Bell/Long John Silver restaurant number 021481 on Baseline and Ellsworth in Mesa, AZ. on August 26th. I went through the drive thru. I order 5 soft tacos and 3 crispy tacos along with a green bean burrito and a triple steak burrito. Everything was fine until I got home and found that they had not put the burritos in the bag. That was $5.97 worth of food that was missing from my order. I called the number on the sales slip and got their voice mail. I left my name and number and explained the problem. I then wrote an email to the address at the bottom of the sales receipt and again, explained the problem. Have not received a phone call or a response to my email.

I wrote a second email and again, explained the problem and that this was my second attempt to let someone know. Nothing again. It is obvious that the ownership or the managers at this establishment could care less about a customer’s complaint. I would say that I will never go there again but I do not think that they really care one way or the other.

Companies Like Long John Silver's

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!