Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Abraham Azzuz
Feb 06, 2015 - Humble, TX
Horrible

My wife and went through the drive through today at the Long John Silvers in Athens, TX today and besides the lunch being with my lovely wife while our daughter slept in the back seat, there was no redeeming quality that will allow us to return to any LJS ever again. We both ordered the fish and shrimp platter and as fast as the service was, we should have known that they didn't have to do anything except plate our order and send it out the window to us, because there was not enough time to cook it. One of the platters didn't have shrimp. The Dr. Pepper was disgusting because it was mostly carbonated water. Last, when we got our food, it smelled like year old grease and cod stench. I could barely force down what I did manage to eat and we had to shorten our drive because it made us both sick. I used to like to be a loyal customer, but after today, I will not be able to eat from any location.

Have you had problems with Long John Silver's?

Compare Long John Silver's to Similar Fast Food more...

Top 34 Reviews about Long John Silver's

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Long John Silver's customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Store: 31665 in East Liverpool, Ohio. 5/19/15. I ordered fresh chicken dinner and it arrived half cooked, the Cole slaw was sour/spoiled, and they Forgot hush puppies. Went up to get them and had to wait 5 minutes for someone to notice me. Cashier was busy talking to his family that was dining there. Asked to speak to manager. I told her that the same cashier had given his family a box of chicken without paying for it. Meanwhile, I was waiting for my replacement dinner. I had to take it home. Very unhappy dining experience.. This happens every time I eat there.

Also, the floors are extremely greasy and dirty. Food was on the floors. Man taking garbage out of can then waiting on customers without washing his hands. Gross! Seats are all torn and split and duck taped to hold seat together.... Spend some money on this store!!!! Dirty, filthy, bad food, water on floors....the list goes on and on!!!! This theme repeats over and over again!!!! Fix it or close store. TV is on but not hooked to cable...spend the money and get it turned on!!!!!!

Horrible

My mother, son and I went to the location on Nellis and Bonanza on 5/7/15 @ 11am. The location was clean but there were only two people working. As soon as I got to the counter the order taker walked off and said she would just be a second. Leaving one young man in the kitchen area to not only cook the food but take orders for the front counter and drive through. I noticed that there were cars in the drive through and two other families walked in after me. In total it took about 15-20 for us to get our food. I didn't even see the lady return after we ate and left.

Horrible

On May 6th, I took my kids to LJS store number 31160 for supper. One thing we always look forward to is the hush puppies. But on this day, the store was completely out of hush puppies. Imagine our disappointment. We had been looking forward to supper all day. We knew we were going to get extra hush puppies besides what already came with the meal.

I thought, Ok I'll get some corn in place of the hush puppies but I was told that the hush puppies are complimentary and therefore, there would be no compensation for the missing items from the meals we had ordered. This is wrong. It is complete crap. I wanted to cancel my order but my little 9 year girl wanted to stay.

The food was horrible. It tasted like the oil hadn't been changed in a month, the soda tasted out dated and apparently the manager was on the way back from another store 2 hours away ... with more hush puppies.

I don't know if I will ever return.

Good

I have NOTHING about the food or the service or the people. HOWEVER, your survey needs help! EVERY time I complete it, it asks about my "DRIVE-THRU" experience......even if I have dined in. You need to correct your survey!

Bad

Called in an order the employee was rude music was very loud kept saying he can't hear so i had to scream into the phone practically, I thought he finally got the order he said bye. After picking up the order (35$) order food was cold and order wasn't complete no slaw, had to go back're checked there was no hush puppies so took three trips for one dinner. RIDICULOUS, thought I was at McDonald's sservice was so bad it's a shame...

Bad

My food had hair in it. I bought it in the drive thru on my lunch break. When I got back to my office I noticed it and I called. No one ever answered the phone and after an hour I gave up. I just called an whoever answered the phone was really rude. I asked to have my food replaced but stated that I was never given a recent and she said that's my problem she wasn't replacing it.

Horrible

I set in the drive thru for at least 25-30 minutes tonight to get to the window and be asked numerous times what I had ordered got home to find the 2 pieces of chicken in the #7 but no fish and maybe 8 French fries which was one of my sides. I at this time will not be returning. I did not go back to the establishment to get the order corrected as I was treated poorly from the start and after working all day and being treated so rudely. I just made the decision to not go back. I frequent the place often and I have never had a problem before with the wait time the rudeness or my order being incorrect. I hope that they get people in that are going to be able to handle the job and that understand that customers are the ones that make their paycheck.

Poor

I purchased a 2pc combo with fries, a clam meal and an additional piece of fish. After receiving my order I requested some cocktail sauce. I was told we don't have any & yes we run out of stuff like you do @ home. When asked if I could have my money back. He stated no. Never will I spend another dime @ this store. The store number is 32026 4101 S University Little Rock. Not only did I get poor service. The music was extremely loud & the workers were equally as loud. Laughing & joking. Not certain if this is how this business is supposed to run, but it's a disgrace to Long John Silvers everywhere!

Horrible

My husband loves the shrimp at Long John Silvers and he has to practically beg me to go, at least to the LJS in Morgantown, WV. It is soooo cold in there that I just cannot enjoy or force myself to go there. They have a big round heater on the counter when we were there yesterday and it wasn't even that cold outside. They had two there the last time, the one on the counter and one in the dining area, about a month ago and I know they were there before then as my niece had said they were there when she was there. I feel they surely have had more than ample time to have the problem fixed. I truly believe it needs a whole new makeover as it has been in that location for quite some time with no updates that I can remember...at the very least FIX THE HEAT!!!

Horrible

My children, and I visited the store 3470 Linden RD Flint, Michigan on 3/27/2015@ around 8:15pm. As we got closer to place our order all you here and see was two managers, male and female arguing so loud shouting profanity and all types of vulgar language. The female manager was really upset cause she was the most irate. All this going on while customers are dinning. I decided to just get our food and leave instead dinning in then on top of that I got all the way home to check or order and meals were missing items i was so upset when I called to let then know the order was wrong and I was comming back I get no answer. I called approximately seven times to no avail. One upset customer!!!!!

Poor

Used the drivethru and first of all I could not get close to order as someone had parked their rv too close to the ordering place. So I could not hear v ery well and had to have things repeated. I than went forward to the food window and a woman\asked if I ordered the shrimp/fish basket. I held up my advertisement and said whatever this is. She reiterated that was the shrimp/fish basket and than muttered "my god". She has a voice like a fog horn so it wasn't hard to hear this. She said $4.23 and I gave her a $20 bill and 23 cents in change. She than commenced to short change me and slammed her window shut. I tried to get her back and finally she opened the window again and I told her I had given her a $20 bill and she said well she would have to do a cash out to see.

She, however opened her drawer and said oh yes I do have a $20 bill I must have slipped it through the slot. I may be old but ii am not stupid. So she took the change b ack that she had given me and made correct change. I received no receipt and a different girl brought me my food. When I asked what the other womans name was she said I don't know. Well come on now. These two people work together and she does not know her name. I told her to ask and so the woman wanted to know who and the girl said this lady. Well the one with the fog horn voice said Harriet, but I would not put money on that. So I told the girl that I was taking a survey and wanted to get her name right. However with no recei;pt to use I had to come on the internet to make my complaint. This LJS is located in Inverness, Florida and I will not return to it. Thank you for the rant.

Horrible

Had dinner at LJS in Leavenworth KS (store # 31625) on 3/17/15, It was 4:30 p.m. My ticket # 3236 and I was the only customer in the store. I ordered a L9...the chicken was cold and the fries were rubbery and cold. This is the very last time I will eat at that LJS. I and my family have given it numerous chances, and each time it has been horrible. The help don't seem to care about service and the store is dirty and disgusting. I doubt if this complaint is going to do any good but I am not one to just let it go.

Bad

The Long John Silvers off of Dale bvd in Dell City, Virginia is berry dirty and Gross. It needs to be remodeled and is very dirty. I had a hard time eating in their restaurant. Please some one needs to address this problem.

Horrible

I ordered the baked fish dinner at the Alexandria, Ky. store today and it was terrible. It was white as snow, had no flavor whatsoever, filled my plate with water, and looked like it had been boiled instead of baked. I should have complained at the store, but they were busy and I was in a hurry. I took a couple of bites, ate my fries and hushpuppies and slaw and threw the fish in the trash. Please send me a refund.

Bad

The Drive thru speaker was so quiet I couldn't even hear what she said, when they messed up my wife's order she went in to complain and when she told the manager about the drive thru girl being rude, the manager said "IT IS NOT POLICY TO REPEAT YOUR ORDER OR TELL YOU YOUR TOTAL" my wife then said well your not really treating me like a manager should, I'm calling corporate, and the manager at the Cincinnati Ohio Harrison Avenue LJS laughed in her face, and said I don't care.

Bad

I ordered the family meal with the 4 sides for 26.99 and everything was really greasy it just tasted like grease it was awful i don't know if you can send me a thing for another meal but it was really bad greasy

Poor

I've been waiting in the drive up playing for probably 20 minutes now and still haven't been able to enter my order because the lady came out for the speaker was broke instead of taking my order when she's outside we are all being made to wait and I haven't even ordered yet or paid or received any food I will never ever come back to this long John silvers located on Nellis and boulder highway in Las Vegas Nevada never

Horrible

I went through the drive thru window on January 29, 2012 at 8:42 p.m. I had my 2 year old hungry grandson with me. I Ordered the 12 piece family meal. I said I wanted 10 pieces of fish and 2 pieces of chicken strips. With the 12 piece family meal you are supposed to get 3 sides. I ordered corn on the cob, cole slaw and string beans. When I Got home I realized I only had 6 pieces of fish and 2 chicken strips. I was short 4 pieces of fish. I also had corn on the cob and French fries. I did not order French fries. I called the number on the receipt and as usual they never answered the phone. I went back the following day. The young lady that worked there told me the manager was on his way.

I waited about an hour on the manager. He never showed up. I took the fries back to LJS and she said the manager said she could replace the fries because I brought them back. She would not replace the fish that I was missing or the other side that I was missing. After waiting so long I left and went home. I went back to LJS today and the manager was there. I told him what happened. He replaced the fish saying I am giving you this fish because I don't know if it was missin or not. He refused to replace the missing side. He said I could buy the side. I told him that he didn't give me anything. I told him that I paid for that fish. I told him that God don't like ugly. He said everybody is always talking about God. I told him that I was going to pray for him. I also said I am never coming back. This is the LJS at 5504 S. Sam Houston Pkwy West in Houston,Texas at the South Post Oak intersection. I paid $27.05 for this order. I still have my receipt.

Horrible

Order was not filled properly missing some of fish missing some of chicken and missing hush puppies. When I asked Cassandra to please separate the order in to two different bags because they were going to two different places and stated only had one vehicle for both families living across town from each other. When Cassandra started bagging food she said out loud that she had 50 orders to bag. The other customers looked at her. She then put all of our order together. My son has a 8:00 curfew so we had to separate food. At one house then get home but while separating we noticed food missing that was the worst humiliating service we have ever had at long john silvers. Out of 40 years of doing business with this restaurant. Receipt # 1613 address 811 shorter avenue. Rome Georgia time of order 6:56 pm 2015-02-04 order was super sampler ckn plank fish pop shrimp 3b shp + sm slaw +md lj fries + sm hush pup b 2 pc fsh ml 2fish +sm slaw +md lj fries+sm hush pup b add fish 4 add ckn 3pcs ckn ml 3ckn plank + sm slaw +md lj fries + sm hush pup b f+s+c pltr ckn plank 2 fish 3 b shp +sm slaw + md lj fries +sm hush pup b tax $2.49 carry out $42.60 cash pre-keyed $50.60 change $8.00.

Contact the Long John Silver's Complaint Department

• Corporate mailing address

• Website link

• Customer service phone number

Not available.

Upset at Long John Silver's?