Customer Satisfaction Results
1.86 out of 5 Stars
37 Consumer Reviews

Long John Silver's
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Long John Silver's company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Long John Silver's online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Long John Silver's corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Long John Silver's?

Compare Long John Silver's to Similar Fast Food more...

Top 37 Reviews about Long John Silver's

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Long John Silver's customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I put the store number in the box and it wouldn't take all of it so here it is. G135266 on Federal Hwy in Stuart Fl. Yes we, my husband and I have always liked the fish there and decided to have dinner there Tuesday dec. 23 2015. both ordered a fish platter, well it was awful. the fish you could tell had been sitting there for hours. NOT fresh what so ever. WAY over cooked and looked like it had been sitting in grease for 2 days..which hope wasn't but sure looked it! I had to throw mine out, could not eat it. I tried but omg so awful. the employees were busy buying cheese cakes from some guy selling them off the street but in the store with them. I just can't believe the food quality given to us customers. It so turned us off! The Long John Silver's corporate office needs to hear this complaint.

Upvote (0)

I ordered a shrimp meal and side order of chicken livers to go at Luray, Va restaurant the last week of October. they were sold out of french fries and when I got home and opened the boxes the food was so greasy and a dark brown from being cooked in old and rancid oil I couldn't eat it. I will have to think long and hard before I order anything from Long John Silver's & KFC again. This is a disgrace to serve the public food in this condition to save money on changing the oil.

Upvote (1)

I went Long John Silver's on, Knoxville Peoria IL, 3 weeks ago was called "Bud" 5 times and received fish which was not fully cooked. I baked it when I got home. Today I went through the drive through window and asked that the fish be fully cooked. I was told to pull forward, and I did. I waited 5 minutes, then went inside to be called "Bud" 6 times. I was told that I requested fresh fish and I'm the cook today "Bud." The fish looked fully cooked when I opened the bag at Long John Silver's. I went home and the fish was doughy and not fully cooked, Bud.

Upvote (0)

We have always been a fan of their fish and chips as well as potato wedges and visit often. This is the second time recently that we have ordered from this location and have had a bad experience. The first time was, so we thought, the luck of timing, staff, other issues. However, the second time was worse that the first. The food all tasted stale and overcooked, almost tasted like yesterdays fish and chicken. We decided to attempt to eat the food as we live several miles and didn't make sense to return, but in retrospect should have brought it back to the store as it was inedible. We will now be looking for another location for our fish and chips.

Upvote (0)

I received my food and drove home. Food looked as if it had been dropped in grease twice. It was greasy. The fries were cold and the chicken looked as if it was freezer burnt. Thought I would letter corporate headquarters know that store #8035 has some serious problems, every time I go there I get the same results. I guess maybe I should stop? But I really like their food.

Upvote (0)

Store: 31665 in East Liverpool, Ohio. 5/19/15. I ordered fresh chicken dinner and it arrived half cooked, the Cole slaw was sour/spoiled, and they Forgot hush puppies. Went up to get them and had to wait 5 minutes for someone to notice me. Cashier was busy talking to his family that was dining there. Asked to speak to manager. I told her that the same cashier had given his family a box of chicken without paying for it. Meanwhile, I was waiting for my replacement dinner. I had to take it home. Very unhappy dining experience.. This happens every time I eat there.

Also, the floors are extremely greasy and dirty. Food was on the floors. Man taking garbage out of can then waiting on customers without washing his hands. Gross! Seats are all torn and split and duck taped to hold seat together.... Spend some money on this store!!!! Dirty, filthy, bad food, water on floors....the list goes on and on!!!! This theme repeats over and over again!!!! Fix it or close store. TV is on but not hooked to cable...spend the money and get it turned on!!!!!!

Upvote (0)

My mother, son and I went to the location on Nellis and Bonanza on 5/7/15 @ 11am. The location was clean but there were only two people working. As soon as I got to the counter the order taker walked off and said she would just be a second. Leaving one young man in the kitchen area to not only cook the food but take orders for the front counter and drive through. I noticed that there were cars in the drive through and two other families walked in after me. In total it took about 15-20 for us to get our food. I didn't even see the lady return after we ate and left.

Upvote (0)

On May 6th, I took my kids to LJS store number 31160 for supper. One thing we always look forward to is the hush puppies. But on this day, the store was completely out of hush puppies. Imagine our disappointment. We had been looking forward to supper all day. We knew we were going to get extra hush puppies besides what already came with the meal.

I thought, Ok I'll get some corn in place of the hush puppies but I was told that the hush puppies are complimentary and therefore, there would be no compensation for the missing items from the meals we had ordered. This is wrong. It is complete crap. I wanted to cancel my order but my little 9 year girl wanted to stay.

The food was horrible. It tasted like the oil hadn't been changed in a month, the soda tasted out dated and apparently the manager was on the way back from another store 2 hours away ... with more hush puppies.

I don't know if I will ever return.

Upvote (0)

I have NOTHING about the food or the service or the people. HOWEVER, your survey needs help! EVERY time I complete it, it asks about my "DRIVE-THRU" experience......even if I have dined in. You need to correct your survey!

Upvote (0)

Called in an order the employee was rude music was very loud kept saying he can't hear so i had to scream into the phone practically, I thought he finally got the order he said bye. After picking up the order (35$) order food was cold and order wasn't complete no slaw, had to go back're checked there was no hush puppies so took three trips for one dinner. RIDICULOUS, thought I was at McDonald's sservice was so bad it's a shame...

Upvote (0)

My food had hair in it. I bought it in the drive thru on my lunch break. When I got back to my office I noticed it and I called. No one ever answered the phone and after an hour I gave up. I just called an whoever answered the phone was really rude. I asked to have my food replaced but stated that I was never given a recent and she said that's my problem she wasn't replacing it.

Upvote (0)

I set in the drive thru for at least 25-30 minutes tonight to get to the window and be asked numerous times what I had ordered got home to find the 2 pieces of chicken in the #7 but no fish and maybe 8 French fries which was one of my sides. I at this time will not be returning. I did not go back to the establishment to get the order corrected as I was treated poorly from the start and after working all day and being treated so rudely. I just made the decision to not go back. I frequent the place often and I have never had a problem before with the wait time the rudeness or my order being incorrect. I hope that they get people in that are going to be able to handle the job and that understand that customers are the ones that make their paycheck.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a 2pc combo with fries, a clam meal and an additional piece of fish. After receiving my order I requested some cocktail sauce. I was told we don't have any & yes we run out of stuff like you do @ home. When asked if I could have my money back. He stated no. Never will I spend another dime @ this store. The store number is 32026 4101 S University Little Rock. Not only did I get poor service. The music was extremely loud & the workers were equally as loud. Laughing & joking. Not certain if this is how this business is supposed to run, but it's a disgrace to Long John Silvers everywhere!

Upvote (0)

My husband loves the shrimp at Long John Silvers and he has to practically beg me to go, at least to the LJS in Morgantown, WV. It is soooo cold in there that I just cannot enjoy or force myself to go there. They have a big round heater on the counter when we were there yesterday and it wasn't even that cold outside. They had two there the last time, the one on the counter and one in the dining area, about a month ago and I know they were there before then as my niece had said they were there when she was there. I feel they surely have had more than ample time to have the problem fixed. I truly believe it needs a whole new makeover as it has been in that location for quite some time with no updates that I can remember...at the very least FIX THE HEAT!!!

Upvote (0)

My children, and I visited the store 3470 Linden RD Flint, Michigan on 3/27/2015@ around 8:15pm. As we got closer to place our order all you here and see was two managers, male and female arguing so loud shouting profanity and all types of vulgar language. The female manager was really upset cause she was the most irate. All this going on while customers are dinning. I decided to just get our food and leave instead dinning in then on top of that I got all the way home to check or order and meals were missing items i was so upset when I called to let then know the order was wrong and I was comming back I get no answer. I called approximately seven times to no avail. One upset customer!!!!!

Upvote (0)

Used the drivethru and first of all I could not get close to order as someone had parked their rv too close to the ordering place. So I could not hear v ery well and had to have things repeated. I than went forward to the food window and a woman\asked if I ordered the shrimp/fish basket. I held up my advertisement and said whatever this is. She reiterated that was the shrimp/fish basket and than muttered "my god". She has a voice like a fog horn so it wasn't hard to hear this. She said $4.23 and I gave her a $20 bill and 23 cents in change. She than commenced to short change me and slammed her window shut. I tried to get her back and finally she opened the window again and I told her I had given her a $20 bill and she said well she would have to do a cash out to see.

She, however opened her drawer and said oh yes I do have a $20 bill I must have slipped it through the slot. I may be old but ii am not stupid. So she took the change b ack that she had given me and made correct change. I received no receipt and a different girl brought me my food. When I asked what the other womans name was she said I don't know. Well come on now. These two people work together and she does not know her name. I told her to ask and so the woman wanted to know who and the girl said this lady. Well the one with the fog horn voice said Harriet, but I would not put money on that. So I told the girl that I was taking a survey and wanted to get her name right. However with no recei;pt to use I had to come on the internet to make my complaint. This LJS is located in Inverness, Florida and I will not return to it. Thank you for the rant.

Upvote (0)

Had dinner at LJS in Leavenworth KS (store # 31625) on 3/17/15, It was 4:30 p.m. My ticket # 3236 and I was the only customer in the store. I ordered a L9...the chicken was cold and the fries were rubbery and cold. This is the very last time I will eat at that LJS. I and my family have given it numerous chances, and each time it has been horrible. The help don't seem to care about service and the store is dirty and disgusting. I doubt if this complaint is going to do any good but I am not one to just let it go.

Upvote (0)

The Long John Silvers off of Dale bvd in Dell City, Virginia is berry dirty and Gross. It needs to be remodeled and is very dirty. I had a hard time eating in their restaurant. Please some one needs to address this problem.

Upvote (0)

I ordered the baked fish dinner at the Alexandria, Ky. store today and it was terrible. It was white as snow, had no flavor whatsoever, filled my plate with water, and looked like it had been boiled instead of baked. I should have complained at the store, but they were busy and I was in a hurry. I took a couple of bites, ate my fries and hushpuppies and slaw and threw the fish in the trash. Please send me a refund.

Upvote (0)

The Drive thru speaker was so quiet I couldn't even hear what she said, when they messed up my wife's order she went in to complain and when she told the manager about the drive thru girl being rude, the manager said "IT IS NOT POLICY TO REPEAT YOUR ORDER OR TELL YOU YOUR TOTAL" my wife then said well your not really treating me like a manager should, I'm calling corporate, and the manager at the Cincinnati Ohio Harrison Avenue LJS laughed in her face, and said I don't care.

Upvote (0)

I ordered the family meal with the 4 sides for 26.99 and everything was really greasy it just tasted like grease it was awful i don't know if you can send me a thing for another meal but it was really bad greasy

Upvote (0)

I've been waiting in the drive up playing for probably 20 minutes now and still haven't been able to enter my order because the lady came out for the speaker was broke instead of taking my order when she's outside we are all being made to wait and I haven't even ordered yet or paid or received any food I will never ever come back to this long John silvers located on Nellis and boulder highway in Las Vegas Nevada never

Upvote (0)

I went through the drive thru window on January 29, 2012 at 8:42 p.m. I had my 2 year old hungry grandson with me. I Ordered the 12 piece family meal. I said I wanted 10 pieces of fish and 2 pieces of chicken strips. With the 12 piece family meal you are supposed to get 3 sides. I ordered corn on the cob, cole slaw and string beans. When I Got home I realized I only had 6 pieces of fish and 2 chicken strips. I was short 4 pieces of fish. I also had corn on the cob and French fries. I did not order French fries. I called the number on the receipt and as usual they never answered the phone. I went back the following day. The young lady that worked there told me the manager was on his way.

I waited about an hour on the manager. He never showed up. I took the fries back to LJS and she said the manager said she could replace the fries because I brought them back. She would not replace the fish that I was missing or the other side that I was missing. After waiting so long I left and went home. I went back to LJS today and the manager was there. I told him what happened. He replaced the fish saying I am giving you this fish because I don't know if it was missin or not. He refused to replace the missing side. He said I could buy the side. I told him that he didn't give me anything. I told him that I paid for that fish. I told him that God don't like ugly. He said everybody is always talking about God. I told him that I was going to pray for him. I also said I am never coming back. This is the LJS at 5504 S. Sam Houston Pkwy West in Houston,Texas at the South Post Oak intersection. I paid $27.05 for this order. I still have my receipt.

Upvote (2)

My wife and went through the drive through today at the Long John Silvers in Athens, TX today and besides the lunch being with my lovely wife while our daughter slept in the back seat, there was no redeeming quality that will allow us to return to any LJS ever again. We both ordered the fish and shrimp platter and as fast as the service was, we should have known that they didn't have to do anything except plate our order and send it out the window to us, because there was not enough time to cook it. One of the platters didn't have shrimp. The Dr. Pepper was disgusting because it was mostly carbonated water. Last, when we got our food, it smelled like year old grease and cod stench. I could barely force down what I did manage to eat and we had to shorten our drive because it made us both sick.

I used to like to be a loyal customer, but after today, I will not be able to eat from any location.

Upvote (14)

Order was not filled properly missing some of fish missing some of chicken and missing hush puppies. When I asked Cassandra to please separate the order in to two different bags because they were going to two different places and stated only had one vehicle for both families living across town from each other. When Cassandra started bagging food she said out loud that she had 50 orders to bag. The other customers looked at her. She then put all of our order together. My son has a 8:00 curfew so we had to separate food. At one house then get home but while separating we noticed food missing that was the worst humiliating service we have ever had at long john silvers. Out of 40 years of doing business with this restaurant. Receipt # 1613 address 811 shorter avenue. Rome Georgia time of order 6:56 pm 2015-02-04 order was super sampler ckn plank fish pop shrimp 3b shp + sm slaw +md lj fries + sm hush pup b 2 pc fsh ml 2fish +sm slaw +md lj fries+sm hush pup b add fish 4 add ckn 3pcs ckn ml 3ckn plank + sm slaw +md lj fries + sm hush pup b f+s+c pltr ckn plank 2 fish 3 b shp +sm slaw + md lj fries +sm hush pup b tax $2.49 carry out $42.60 cash pre-keyed $50.60 change $8.00.

Upvote (1)

went to long johns at sr 17-92 in longwood frorida. Ordered my food and paid the girl 6.90. about 10 min went by the girl said there waiting for fish to get fried, can i get you a drink for free i said no just want my food. another 5 min. went by and the manager came to the window and said can i get you a float i said no my lunch was almost over was very mad, had to get back to work told the manager just forget it and i left with no lunch and left with no food and out 6.90 . this is not acceptable never go back there again.

Upvote (1)

Dear sirs This is the second time my order at this establishment was handed to me wrong through drine through window. Even though the lady asked me to repeat order I was shorted on my food that I paid for three fish and three chicken is not a eight peice meal. Dr peper is not a diet rootbeer and to recieve attatuide form the lady behind window is not acceptable. To call the store and be hung up on twice tells me there is a problem. So I’m left with this Hope you decide to corect this problem befor it gets worse, because this to me smacks of a racial hatered situation and having that implyed by you girl is just wrong. SJSmith

Upvote (1)

I am not happy!!! on 3-29-2014 we went to store# 31168 and we spent $22.80 and we had to wait 30mins to get our food we was ready to walk out and get our money back and they brought our food it was half cold and half warm… we are a family who really don’t get to eat out much and we got a chance to eat out and we picked long johns. we are fish lovers and we love going to long johns when we can. But that was just crazy. there was a lot of people who was not happy when we where there. everyone was waiting. and they was getting drive thru and not the people in side…….. that’s a lot of money for just two people eating!!!!! to have to wait for 30min and then to get it cold as well…

Upvote (1)

I ordered a set of lobster bites at your Newport Tennessee store,I paid $3.99 plus tax for 4 very small pieces .I ask your manager about the amount,’she said that they come pre package and that is the amount you get.’I have ordered them before and got more then 4 pieces and the pitchure shows that you get more. That is false advertisement.And very disappointing. You should give more for the money or let people know what they are getting.

Upvote (0)

i was recently working for long john silver’s and AW in spring hill fl 34606.. That store has been known for horrible food and service! I was a great employee i did everything i was asked and more! The store manager Dallas was even complimenting my work and impressed! I was a manager and have the experience and a hard worker. The two weeks I was there we got more customer commemts and they were ringing the bell for great service! It was 2:30 and that store policy is if you dont take a lunch break then you leav. 30 minutes early on your shift. So my shift ended at 3pm, i asked the assistant manager on that shift Jennifer grady, should I clock out since I didnt get a chance for a lunch break or do I stay til 3. She then proceeded to yell and say this… I dont give a shit, I dont want to fucking hear about it or discuss it. i don’t fucking care. im sick im not in the mood, dallas says leave at 230 then do it i’m not going to get in trouble! I was embarrassed she only talked that way to me. She was being super nice to everyone else. it was in front of employees and the front kitchen window where customers could see as well. When i spoke to Dallas about it. He said she just had alot going on that I would just have to get over it and deal. I asked if he could at least not schedule me with her the very next day I at least deserved that after how badly ahe treated me. She was only ruse and disrespectful to me. thats discrimination!! THen dallas said he didnt have time for this. He wanted to know if i was going to deal with it or leave. Becauae he had a stack of applications and i was replaceable! I have 5 children.. i need that job. I was treated unfairly and discriminated against! and then forced to leave. No action was taken she got away with it and i lost my job! THis is not fair. I want my job back and something done about that manager!! long john silvers&AW should not let any of there managers treat there employees that way. Especially a employee that can be a great asset to the company!!

Upvote (0)

There was a young person,maybe a girl wanting to dress like a boy. Expression was tense and lacking in wanting to help. the orders were wrong and this person also wrapped around her head a trash bag while starting to take trash out. Had a bad time with me and my family of 8 .Can you help to hire good people regardless of race ect…. 432 770 0490 Billie white thanks.

Upvote (0)

Three different times in the last two weeks I have gone to long john silvers in wheeling wv and the management there need to be retrained or fired. They don’t care about there customers. The floors are always nasty and tables never wiped off. Me and my son went in there at 950pm on Friday the 28 of march 2014 and a bigger guy said they were closed. I said I thought they were open till 10pm and he said the friers were down. Then who ever was working in the back said im frying up my last two fish. If the fryers were down how can he still be frying ? One other time I was there in the last week and they have people not in uniforms going into the kitchen. Two other cars was there the same time I was on the 28th and didn’t get no service. I know the two that were in there a guy and a women not in uniforms were management and were waiting on the other worker two HURRY up and close. For what ever reason does not matter. I will never go back there again and I will tell every one I know about my very unhappy visits with this long john silvers.

Upvote (0)

Until about a month ago the quality, quantity and service at this facility was great and we have driven a long ways just to eat at this particular Long John Silvers. About a month ago I stopped on my home , ordering 2 dinners L6 on their menu: 2 pieces of fish and two sides (we chose cole slaw and fries) with two hush puppies. When I got home we found only one small hush puppy about the size of a walnut in one of the dinners and no hush puppies in the other. In addition, when we opened the individual containers of coleslaw we found only a very small amount(not even half full). Since we have always gotten good service there I marked it up to the fact that they had two young workers that afternoon ( 5:30 p.m) so I didn’t complain. On the 20th of March we went to eat there at about 11:30 for lunch. We ordered the same dinners we always order. When they brought them to the table the hush puppies were puffed up, hard and full of grease. I took them back to the counter and the young lady said she knew about it and was frying more. In just a very short time another worker brought us 4 more. They were exactly the same. I broke one open and showed her the batter was very small and soaked in grease. She told me it was the grease they were using and walked away. We ate our dinners with no hush puppies and no further communication from either worker. At that time we made up our minds never to go back but on the 24th I decided to get a large coleslaw to go with BBQ from another business close to Long John Silvers. I got it at the drive thru jus like I’ve done so many times before. When I got it home and opened it, it was barely half full. I checked the date on the bottom and it was dated the 24th. I turned it upside down, shook it up ( because I know it sometimes settles) let the juice come to the top, turned it back up and it didn’t change at all. Thats three times in about three weeks and we can’t understand what’s going on but we won’t go back until we get some answers. They know us there by sight if not by name and they know we never complain.
Cordually Yours,

Patricia M. Hewitt

Upvote (1)

very upset ,Friday went there for dinner ordered lobster bites and fish tacos, the bill amount to $32 other things were purchased, but thats not what was so upsetting , its the way the managers attitude at the register and when approach about what the food appearance and quality , he quoted as saying to my husband thats the way we serve it ,go online and complain , and the most disturbing is my husband spilt my tray bringing it back from showing him and we ask for some assistance and Steve (manager) stated not our fault you spilt the tray,

I could of went to red lobster for the amount of money I spent there and On top of everything my stomach was upset all evening.

my tacos had no lettuce, I had these last year , thats why I ordered them again , they were made better, only to be treated like dirt in your
my second email about this , no one has attempted to call at all
attaching a picture of the quality of food that was presented to us
unable to send the picture I have on this website

very unhappy

Upvote (1)

On April 11,2013 at 4:24pm I went to long john silver drive thru in stockton Ca 7567 Pacific Avenue ordered me fshckn.meal. when I pulled up to the window the young woman there by the name of Felicia H was not very friendly she hand me back my credit card without asking if I would like a receipt she then handed me my food and I was on my way. But then when I had pulled to the side to check my order I had received cold food and the fish and chicken had looked like it was sitting for while. When I went inside the store to let them know they looked at me as if I was wrong. Did not apologize just gave me some fresher fries and that’s was it. I’m a regular customer at this long john silvers and this had happened to me a few times but had not had a problem with receiving fresher food and the employees weren’t rude. Thank you for your time in reading my complaint. I hope to not have this problem again in the future.

Upvote (0)

I went to the Long John Silvers on Polk in Dallas, Texas on Friday Feb. 3, 2012 I arrived there at 6.00 oclock on the dot and I waited in the drive thru line until 6:20 to have my order taken, when it was time for the girl to take my order (which was to be the thick cut cod)I was told that they did not have any ready and it wouldn’t be any ready for about twelve hours because it had to unthaw, I have never know any type of meat to take twelve hours to unthaw, now they knew that they had a special going on they should have been prepared better that what they were, I believed that I was lied to concerning the time that the fish would have to unthaw.

I am still fuming concerning this it was bad enough that I have to wait in line so long but not being able to order just took the cake.

Upvote (0)

I went to the Taco Bell/Long John Silver restaurant number 021481 on Baseline and Ellsworth in Mesa, AZ. on August 26th. I went through the drive thru. I order 5 soft tacos and 3 crispy tacos along with a green bean burrito and a triple steak burrito. Everything was fine until I got home and found that they had not put the burritos in the bag. That was $5.97 worth of food that was missing from my order. I called the number on the sales slip and got their voice mail. I left my name and number and explained the problem. I then wrote an email to the address at the bottom of the sales receipt and again, explained the problem. Have not received a phone call or a response to my email.

I wrote a second email and again, explained the problem and that this was my second attempt to let someone know. Nothing again. It is obvious that the ownership or the managers at this establishment could care less about a customer’s complaint. I would say that I will never go there again but I do not think that they really care one way or the other.

Contact the Long John Silver's Complaint Department

• Corporate mailing address

• Website link

• Customer service phone number

Not available.

Upset at Long John Silver's?