LG

Most Popular Complaint about LG

Posted by Richard Grenade on Jan 17, 2015
Customer Rating

I am residing in Mauritius and i have recently purchase a new air conditioning unit with inverter technology from an LG local supplier Dragon Electronics Ltd.(model:LG P12RL). I have paid for this equipment 700USD,but when i have received the item they have not send me any accessories. There is no :-Drain pipe,no electrical cable for the outdoor unit,no copper pipes and no thermal insulator I call the local LG supplier to inquire why i have not received these fundamental items because without these accessories it would be impossible for me to fixed and use the air con i have paid for. They told that these items are kept with them and that if i paid their technician then they will provide me these accessories . I am already a qualify air con technician i dont see why i need to pay additional fees for their technician to have these accessories which should have been included in the kit. Can please look at this case to remedy this situation.

Did LG provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about LG?

2.23 out of 5

Website

www.lg.com

More LG Complaints

Dear Sirs;
I would like to inform you that I bought one side by side refrigerator from your agent in Iran (Goldiran Company) but before installation, I found that two polymeric parts of refrigerator were broken. I called the company and informed them about this matter and they told me that during installation, it will be fixed by the technician.
But, the technician informed me that this matter is not related to him and didn’t fix the problem.
Until now, I called Goldiran Company several times but I haven’t received any answer about this matter. They informed me that the problem can be fixed but the charges are related to me!!!
So, I decided to send this email to LG Company to complain about the agent in Iran (Goldiran Company) about their after sale services. I hope to receive a suitable reply from LG Company.

Sincerely Yours,

Customer Rating

On 2008 I bought a TV 52 inches LCD, the TV is displaing some white lines at the bottom and the image is shaking all the time, the colors are red and redish and you can see a clear image. Please let me know what can you do to cure the product defect.

Customer Rating

i have purchased a lg refrigerator(model ve5, after that your company changed gas pipe, now refrigerator regularystops working due huge ice surrounding fan.I have lodged complain, engineer came and assured me that my refrigerator would be changed.comp no. RNA121120074785 dt.20/11/2012. but till date there is no response from your end. pl do the needful.

Customer Rating

For repair of LG Flatron TV 29″. I searched for the contact numbers of authorised LG TV sevice center in the Inernet, I found the contact Numbers in the net. contacted to the telephone number 04027207504, they said that they are Authorised Service Center for LG and cheated me. In fact they are private technicians but stating that they are authorised by LG. Without knowing the basics of TV repair, they repaired and put me into loss of Picture tube. Hence it is requested take legal action of them for keeping their contact number in the net as they are the Authorised service center for LG TV.

Customer Rating

This is to inform you that i have purchased one LG window ac of your brand. On 3 rd of april a man name promod sing come for installation and ask me to do payment of 1050 . when i provide him wood for making frame so he slashed his rate to 800/-.

As i was taken this LG ac on exchange basis so entire job was done & i ve already pulled it out with my manpower and handed it over to your delivery van on 2 nd april. After completion of job he asked me rs 800/ but not ready to give any receipt for this job .

I called up ur helpline no. they confirm me the LG installation charges is 500 excluding service tax. Then i asked that person for id card of employment which he fails to show me . In the mean time i spoke with a person whose no. is 9903205397 claiming himself manager of lg service and convince me to do the payment without bill.

As i was not ready to do payment without valid receipt he send two gentleman today to me .As they are also not ready to give me any bill with service tax no. or any hologram .i again call your helpline and again they confirm me about the installation charges and valid receipt. Now i am very confused with this matter.

did i made a blunder of purchasing LG product??????I doubt whether i ll get service or not. Looking forward your co operation.

Dear Mr. Zaccara,

I am a 10 year customer and would appreciate your help in resolving an ongoing issue since June of last year. It seems your customer service department has not been totally truthful with me.

June 2012, I upgraded my phone to an LG.

In August of 2012, I received a replacement phone resulting from a glitch in the unit. I was informed that this was a common occurrence in all LGs. I asked at that time if I could switch to another device. The representative said that I was to try the LG one more time before switching it out. It initially performed and then I was not using it for a while (you can even check my phone records). I recently needed it for work with a new job and the phone automatically shuts off after initiating action on the screen.

After contacting customer service again, for a different device, I was told that it was impossible.

As previously stated, I have been a customer for “10years”. I am now paying over $50.00 a month for a device that doesn’t work. Not only that, I’ve been told that I can only be given another LG… or wait till June for a “discount rate” on another device. And, if I should change phone carrier, I would be charged $200.00.

Is this good business?

Please Advise.

Andrea Honroth
(941) 284-3301 Cell (not operational)
Account Number: 316417751
Contact #: (941) 355-0211

Customer Rating

Over the range LG microwave purchased in 2010. All of the plastic is brittle and pieces are breaking off. Contacted LG and they said I should’ve purchased the extended warranty and there’s nothing they can do. Obviously it’s poor craftsmanship, it seems that the heat put off by the range is drying out the plastic causing it to become brittle. They offered to sell me replacement parts. Probably the last LG product I’ll purchase. Worried that the other LG products I own will have a short life.

Customer Rating

we got a washer on 1/10/2013 . they delivery to the house on 1/12/2013 set up and set it on the test for 25 mins. and left and when they life we had water all over the floor . then we at to call and tell the store we had water all over the floor they said we would not get anther one until 1/15/2013 . i dont think this is we only at the washer about 25 mins. and it brake down. thank you larry ware

Customer Rating

I just had the LG repair man here form the 4th time and 2nd time in 30 days. We purchased their front loader washer and dryer as well as a very expensive fridge. We bought them both in 2007. We’ve already replaced the ice maker 4 times. Now the washer is broke for the 4th time. The new charges are $180. We’ve already spent $600 on previous repairs. I am so frustrated! LG will never help with the cost. This is the last repair I will ever have to do. I just bought new Maytag washer and dryer and a Sub zero fridge. PLEASE stay away from anything LG, they’re JUNK.

Customer Rating

in christmas 2011 my parents bought myself and my boyfriend a bluray player…….which we used and were more than happy with, then due to my landlady wanting her house back we had to move and the bluray was packed safely in its original box and we moved in with my parents until we could save for a deposit on a new house, we lived with my parents for 4 months and the bluray player was stored in their spare room.We have since moved house and set up the bluray which worked once and is now not working!! This bluray player was not cheap and has been used no more than a handful of times in a year,the LG logo comes up on the screen n then it does nothing………no menu ,notjhing! surely we must have some rights as it has hardly been used?? or is there anyway we can find out if it is still under guarantee or warranty?? my parents do not have the receipt as it was bought just over a year ago and i would appreciate your advice thankyou

Customer Rating

I purchased a LG FRONT LOADING washing machine vide order no BG 1032 dated 22.12.2012 by paying an amount of Rs 37,700/- from your authorized dealer, ‘CAMS CORNER (P) LTD’ situated at 53, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata -700019, W.B.
Unfortunately, the machine supplied (Sl no : 204PNYU61842 ), was defective as was found during installation by LG personnel.
My complaint ref no :RNA 1212 250 65773
Repeated communication at various customer care & service interfaces didn’t yield any satisfactory result. CCO Mr/Ms A Roychoudhury did not respond when tried to contact at his/her mobile no (9051075111) & Mr. R. Dutta of service deptt ( mob: 9836676476 ) was also informed in between .
I stay with my 2 kids & my mother in law, who is 70 years old and we are really in distress to wash off our laundry by ourselves in this winter season even after paying fully for a washing machine.
I need a re supply preferably by Friday (04.01.2013). If that is not possible please give me further option of full money refund within a week, so that I can go for a fresh purchase.
If re supplying needs more time because of lack of supply then you can give me a compatible machine for use till the re supply is not getting possible. However, that can not be continued beyond 17.01.2013.

Customer Rating

I bought a 47 in LG tv last year on black Friday weekend. It had a 1 year warrenty. I did not purchase the extended warrenty because I never had a tv last less than 3 years. Then 2 weeks after the one year warrenty expires, the tv won’t even turn on. It was fine the night before when we shut in off. That is alot of money to spend on a tv that went out that fast!!

Customer Rating

ive had the phone for about half a year and all of a sudden my screen when in vertical or horizontal direction turns black but when im about to close it i see my screen i have had problems with the phone were i have failed messeges when i have great signal and also 1 or 2 times it has turned off i have dropped it a few times but it alwasy worked and i have also not gotten it wet so whats the problem? the times i have dropped it passed weeks when my phone started acting this way i am just wondering how too fix this phone and i have a lg rumor touch by virgin mobile.

Customer Rating

My LG rumor touch screen cracked in less then a week for no reason I didnt drop it or anything. So now I can hardly use the phone except to answer calls and I cant really ever see who is calling. Also the LG rumor touch screen is unresponsive most of the time, I cant even unlock the phone. When I am texting using the phone I have to touch the space button at least twice or it doesn’t space the words out and nobody can read the message. I am very disappointed in my new phone and these problems from LG.

Customer Rating

I have a complaint about LG customer care service. I had some problem with my micro oven when smoke started coming from inside my microwave oven and the turning table cracked. I complained 4 times to LG through customer care, email and local dealer but no one came for servicing just after 2 months buying the machine. It has been more than a year and have never heard from them. I am thoroughly frustrated with them and made a decision never ever to buy a LG product and advice others to do the same.

Customer Rating

I received a text at about 3h30 in the morning congratulating me for winning R98000 in an LG competition and to call mrs Brigette 0735059308 betw. 8am-4pm. I called at about 2pm and was told to either buy 2xR200 telkom voucher and sms its details or to sms my LG plasma tv’s serial number. I’ve since read about this scam on the internet and would like to know whether or not they could use the serial no. to benefit their scam? Please advise on the LG competition winner scam.

Customer Rating

Received a SMS from +27738853878, advising that I must contact Mrs Annie on 0838011620, in regard to LG promotions ticket 0299P worth R98 000. Spoke to a lady who had a very poor command of English. I asked her for an SMS detailing how I could draw the prize. In the next SMS i was told to buy 2X R200 Telkom Prepaid vouchers. To register in the LG consumer data base I must then SMS the Telkom repaid pin numbers for registration. Of course yes also instructed not the use the air time until the prize has been posted or paid into my account. It does not take a rocker scientist to deduce that the airtime will be spent as soon as the pin details are sent through.

Phoned and told Mrs Annie that I wanted to verify details of competition on LG web page. Was then told that LG did not publish it as the wrong person claimed the prize last year. Told her that sounded odd. Was advised that I could personally come and check out their offices and register my claim and that this is a valid competition. Told her to SMS address through. It is Mupaleng claim agency 4th Avenue, no 18 Watervaal , Mapulaneng, Limpopo. Be carefull they are very persistent. Heavans knows where one will land up if one falls for it. May part with more than money and risk ones life.

Customer Rating

Ok, how come these companies keep saying that they are aware of these scams, yet they do nothing about it? We now RICA our sim cards, and they can easily get to the bottom of these scams, and even catch them. Even the email scams about banks are very popular, I received an email from Standard Bank and they said I must update my details online, inorder to receive R16000. You report these scams and nothing is done with them, so what are these companies saying?, Are they saying we should stop reporting these scams because we are irritaring them? Do companies have complaints hotlines for their own good or do they actually check what we write on them and give us feedback, or atleast stop those scams.

Here is another number for LG to check, 0739955238.

Customer Rating

sir, My self mohd javed siddiqui from pacl india ltd fatehpur. this is to inform you that i was suffering of my AC problem from last year. in my office i use split ac of 1.5 ton purchase date 2’june 2006. your company provide me free service coupan for free service then i lock call in your customer service with complaint dated 4.3.201 . when i lock the call i specially told to customer executive please do not send your local engeenier becouse last year he creates more problem in my AC due to that i was not use my AC in whole summer sesaon and my AC completed on last july.

but after my request they send agein local engeenier Mr Zafer.and he put some gas in ac on dated 15.3.2011 and at that time he told me if any problem creates with in month then i will look it. but after one week my AC agein creates problem of cooling and immidiate i call your eng. zafar but he donot came to see the problem. then agein lock the call in your customer care on dated 31/3/2011. complaint but no body call me for to know about my problem.i also follow up from your service center but no body give any response to me. today i call agein to mr zafar but he is not give any response to me.

so here i request your company please cheack my all convrsetion with your customer care records. and i also want to know what LG have image of your customers?if you provided world class service then why i am suffring. i am very exploit by your customer care and eng. zafar. i also compleint ageist your local ENG. Zafr but cust care not take any action . so here i request you to please terminate your Engineer Mr.Zafar from fatehpur. i am very much suffer from LG electronics from last year.please i request you make your commitment true and provide solution of my problem.

here i aspect for positive response from LG to as per its commitment of world class servie.If LG not give any response of my mail. then i go through legal action becouse i am mentally harrash by the company. but i know every company have soft corner for his customers but due to some internal channels or persons which are creates problem with customers so that effect the company image. here i hope for positive responce from LG service.

detail of engineer Mr Zafar 09889395422

detail of service center-0512-2604639

deatil of dealer- jagannath & sons verma chauraha fatehpur

thank you.

ITI ROAD, GAUTAM NAGAR
FATEHPUR (U.P)-212601

From: mohd javed siddiqui [mailto:javed_mohd3@rediffmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:49 PM
To: serviceindia/LOCAL EMPLOYEE/LGEIL I-TEAM(serviceindia@lge.com)
Subject: regarding comp .no RNA110331049123

Customer Rating

They sent me a message and this email. Attn:Winner, Ref. No:0166P, Congratulations once more, let me inform you that your cell phone number was among the selected numbers from the (2011 LG PROMOTION) computer ballot draw which was held in UNITED KINGDOM (U.K), your cell number happened to be one of the lucky winners of the prize promotional program, to enhance, promote the use of Mobile cell phone/Mobile line and our new line of product LG laptop which will be courier delivered to you. There are two options to claim your cash prize, kindly fill the section option you wish to claim your prize.

Option one, will be by CHEQUE DELIVERY which will take 6 to 7 days of delivery and option two, by BANK TO BANK TRANSFER, which will take 48 banking hours for the cash prize to be credited into your nominated bank account. You are required to choose your option and fill in your details and send it back to us via email attachment or by fax.

Finally, for security reasons, we advice all winners to keep their Reference numbers confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid dual claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this program by non-participant or unofficial personnel. As soon as you receive this mail kindly give me a call for more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours Claim Consultant

Ms Lisa James

Tel: +27 78 775 8637

Fax:+27 86 513 5841

Companies Like LG

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!