La-Z-Boy Customer Service

Contact La-Z-Boy Corporate

Welcome to the La-Z-Boy complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against La-Z-Boy online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the La-Z-Boy corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Upset with La-Z-Boy?

File a complaint here!

Reach La-Z-Boy Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team
  • La-Z-Boy corporate office

Top La-Z-Boy Complaints

Went into lazy boy in Nashua NH to Buy a recliner, not shop but buy one, we we told by the salesperson 25 percent off entire store. We found the chair we wanted the original price was $2300 marked down to $1399 with a 25 percent tag attached to the price tag. When we told the woman we were ready to purchase the chair she said that chair did not qualify for the discount. I asked her to check with the manager, he also said no 25 percent off. I would call that false advertising. Do all stores do this they lost the sale very bad customer service will not recommend to any of my clients that are purchasing new homes.

Comment (0)

Dear Lazy Boy CEO, I purchased a Niagara leather reclining sofa and chair set in February 17, 2016. From then until now, your customer service has been called to our home 4 times! There is a design flaw in this set! The wood has cracked underneath but it's just particle board, not real wood. The arms have been replaced, something else underneath the arms, screws, etc. We have no children here, just 2 adults. We don't mistreat furniture. We only got rid of our last leather sofa because it was bright red and would not match our new floors and new wall color; it was 12 years old and still in perfect condition but it was from The Leather Center, not La-Z-Boy.

I have extended warranties on both items. I received a voicemail from Angel from 214-631-1813 today stating that the person that took pictures of the furniture Wednesday August 17, 2016 sent them to your corporate office and corporate only wants to order new parts. I don't want new parts or for this sofa to be fixed on, I want my money back! I don't trust this furniture! That's like buying a brand new car and within 6 months the car has been back to the shop 4 times!

That's called a lemon and the dealership would be replacing that car! Well, I want my money back so I can purchase better furniture! I expected much more from your company. I thought you stood behind your product, I thought you respected your customers. I don't want to constantly to be reminded every time I look or sit on this furniture how horrible this experience is. I don't trust this product! I plan to post reviews all over the Internet and social media about my experience with your company.

Order number 0217606KXOL Total amount paid $3450.94 paid by check. Also, I just found out that your stores are franchises here and your corporate offices don't handle nor represent them...wow, they use your name and sell your product but you don't assist in customer issues?

Comment (0)

Ordered a rocker recliner with them and it has had issues since day one! It has been fixed 3 times in the 2 months I've had it! Now it's broken again and they want to fix it again and again! i shouldn't have to have his chair repaired on 4 times! They refuse to give me my money or replace the chair. I had to order it bc they only had one chair in the store and it was paisley print. They never told me if I ordered the chair they wouldn't replace it if they couldn't get it fix!

Comment (0)

Was quoted a good price from a dealer who was given a good deal & then was giving a good price onto customers. Then others talked me onto dealing locally. Local dealers said would match it but did not provide soft chair & took my money ordered a hard chair & dellivered it. Was as hard as can be. Wanted my money back & he won't be in it. It's the last time I'll deal locally. I'm a senior & I like softness & comfort & that's far from what I received.

Comment (0)

I'm really upset, attached a photo of what happened.

Comment (0)

My husband and I recently purchased a La-Z-Boy sofa, three chairs, and a leather recliner at the Atlanta La-Z-Boy Pleasant Hill store. (Plus we have purchased many La-Z-Boy items over the 42 years and always gotten an outstanding product and good service. Plus we like to buy American.) On this purchase in April to avoid a two or three week delivery we picked most of items at the store on Pleasant Hill and one chair at the La-Z-Boy distribution center. We are enjoying all of the items purchased but have developed a loud popping noises when reclining and returning the leather recliner to upright position. I checked with our salesman and he referred us to their repair/distribution center in North Atlanta.

My husband stopped by the Distribution Center and was told that because we picked up the furniture vs letting LB delivered the furniture we would have to return the chair to the distribution center or pay a $70 fee for a service call. I don't understand how the furniture was delivered has anything the do with the warranty. Appears to me to be a La-Z-Boy Management policy making problem. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. All of the LB folks that we have talked with have been very professional and tried to help (up and beyond their duties) but appears they are following La-Z-Boy policy. For the record: The sales and distribution center rating was a five star experience.... but a one star for La-Z-Boy Management and warranty policies.

Comment (0)

I write to express how disappointed and frustrated I am about the chairs that I have in my home that bear the name Laz Boy. The chairs were purchased on 11-06 -16 and the problem started with the first delivery. After the chair was placed and I sat to recline the staples popped out of the back of the chair. This chair was returned and I picked out another. This was delivered on 12-16 as this was a special order. To date the cushion in this chair sags like it is years old and the stitching is coming loose in the back.

The second chair was a special order and my husband was assured that it could be fabricated to his specifications. To date we have had two (2) repairmen out, with two different opinions. This chair has yet to be repaired and now we are told we should not have been made that promised because it is impossible to do what my husband paid for. We are told that the best we can expect is to get the chair stabilized and maybe get the cushion replaced. As of today we are still awaiting parts (4 months later).

My husband and I made a decision that we wanted quality chairs in our home and Laz Boy immediately came to mind; little did we know that we could have gone to our local furniture company and gotten better quality and probably paid less. We felt it only fair to let you know how disappointed we are with your products and that based on what we have in our home how unfair it would be to give anyone else a favorable review. We will tell them to come over and sit and see what we have and we are sure they will go elsewhere.

Comment (0)

On April 20 after a little more than two months my broken chair was fixed. The next day as expected I received a follow-up call, the tech was great but I wanted to complain about taking so long. I basically got cutoff and am sure I was ignored and is why I’m writing this. Two months is way too long to wait, however that or longer seems to be the norm. A no response here will confirm customer service is poor and I’m also doubting the quality of Lazy Boy. I will be looking for something else the next time I buy furniture.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Lazy Boy Power Recliner at Belpre Furniture, Belpre, Ohio last summer. I am very dissatisfied with the chair. Very uncomfortable. Within 2 weeks I spoke with an employee in the store, Matt, He offered no understanding. I told him I guess I would have to sell it and buy another chair. In the meantime, the seat has gone bad, they had the chair in April 2016 to replace seat. I question if it was done. Certainly not any better. Spoke with Jennifer at store, offered no help. They had the chair over two weeks. I want to return chair and get another type chair. I can't afford to give chair away and buy another one.

Comment (0)

My complaint is more than 3 years pending. Nobody did bother about even I have made complaint around 5-6 times. I bought a Recliner around 4 years ago and after 6-7 months its armrest got broken. I went to the outlet from where I purchased it and made a complaint, they said technician will visit you and fix the problem. But no one ever came to see the problem. In the last 3.5 years 5-6 complaints have been made for the same issue but no one bothered.

But 10 days ago I sent an email to one of your employee, I have mentioned everything on the email, sent him copy of invoice and pic of thr recliner. But yesterday I got a revert from him that it will cost me 14000 bucks to get it repaired. For the first time last yesterday I came to know that warranty was on mechanical part only. Nobody did tell me at the time when I had purchased it. This is kinda misspelling. Tell me what should I do after 3.5 years of my complaint.

Comment (0)

My parent bought my a large recliner ordered in feb/2010 and delivered April 2010.we upgraded to fabric protector. in 2012 I became bed ridden and the chair was take out of service. I was rehabbed in late 2015 and know I can reuse the chair. When I called the Lancaster store where I bought it they told me to call the fabric protector company.

They told me it to old to cover- six years old. so they told my to call the place where I bought it and talk to the store manager. I don't know who I talked to but they rudely said they don't make the fabric any more. and that was that. NO SERVICE AFTER THE SALE. You mean to tell me as large Lazy Boy is that the don't have someway to check there inventory in the warehouses? If someone can't even to begin to help me. I will never buy one more product form you.

Comment (0)

We bought a love seat and couch, which was delivered March 8th. We loved the look and feel of the furniture. It did have a strong chemical smell. But little did we know that the bites we were getting was from the infestation of bed bugs that were living in the furniture. When we called and complained to the customer service department, we were told a customer care rep would come in 2 weeks. We cannot wait that long for someone to tell us our furniture has bugs. We have had to enclose the furniture entirely in plastic. We want the furniture returned for a complete refund. We now have to have our house fumigated for bed bugs, which is very costly.

Comment (0)

I purchased 2 recliners, a side table, and a sectional piece from Lazy Boy Furniture Gallery in Lexington, SC in June 2015. Yesterday one of the recliners broke. This morning I called the store where I purchased them and they told me I had to call a service number. I called that number and they told me they would have to come get my chair, keep it for at least 2 weeks, and I had to pay $99 for them to do so! I asked why I had to pay anything and they said that since I picked my furniture up instead of having them deliver it, I had to pay for them to come get the chair! I said I could deliver it to them and they said that wasn't allowed.

So I called the customer service line at the La-Z-Boy corporate office and the woman was extremely rude and said that it didn't matter that I was never told about this fee, their policy is that since I picked up my furniture, I had to pay the service fee! I am extremely upset and do not feel that I should have to pay this fee and be without the chair for 2 weeks or more. I am a severely, 100% disabled veteran and purchased this chair because of my back conditions. But they don't care.

Comment (0)

We went to the store for the January sale however the color we wanted as not in stock. We then put a $2000 deposit down and financed the remaining $1900. After the sectional was delivered the week before last, I called the store manager in Gainesville, VA to advise the reclining love seat was incorrectly ordered for the wrong side. We left early the next morning for vacation and after getting home, we discovered that the sectional was actually not wide enough for my husband to sit or lay on. In addition the drawer under the cup holder is broken and unable to be tightened.

After several returned calls to Don, the store manager, I called Lazy boy and received a ticket # 8038222420. The rep then director lay connected me to Don and he advised he would call his regional manager and call me back. After no response from Don, I just called him again only to be told that there was nothing's no he can do.

I asked if we could purchase a wider model since I have spent $3963.18 on a sofa that we have not been able to use. The tags are still on the sofa as we were going it of town for 8 days after the delivery. We were referred to Lazy boy from my family who recently purchased a set, and additionally I am a real estate agent who often refers clients to purchase furniture. Is there anything that can be done to exchange this set for something we can use?

Comment (0)

Bought couch two years ago and it's losing its shape and support. I live alone so there is no abuse factor here. Called local Lazy Boy repair given to me by the store where I purchased couch, and they said they would replace one cushion but not the back cushion, and I would have to pay shipping and repair costs. If that's how Lazy Boy treats their regular customers then maybe it's time to change brands.

Comment (0)

We purchased 2 La-Z-Boy recliners a few weeks ago for delivery. We tried to contact our salesperson ( Nikki ) ( we left 6 messages at the Daphne AL store as we had questions about the recliners "prior to delivery". As "Nikki" would NOT return our phone calls we called the store & canceled our order. Later we found out that "Nikki" had a reputation for quite a while as not returning customers phone calls. We decided we would just go thru with the purchase & had the recliners delivered the following week ( 2-16-16 ) today. We were charged for 2 swivels for the recliners & once delivered we were told buy the delivery people that they would have to come back to install "swivels" ( inconvenience the customer).

Delivery people said they have not seen swivels in some time? Anyway as a CUSTOMER you would think NIKKI our sales person could have told us that prior to delivery...right ?.... no as NIKKI cant even return phone call's much less ask the customer "would you like to wait for delivery after the swivels are installed which we would have done than to inconvenience us with another delivery installation. No wonder LA-Z BOY has so many complaints if this is how they do business...& it seems it's the way NIKKI does her business. We heard that NIKKI was not a nice person to deal with as she never has the customer in mind...guess they were right.

Why does LA-Z BOY put up with this kind of worker? NIKKI actually lied to us about what the recliner would actually do as far as swivel ect saying sure you can swivel / rock but she never informed us that we would have to bring recliner back to store for this to actually work this way..... again we would have known this had she returned our phone calls.... but I guess she was too busy as she had 3 days to do so but would not, could not find time for her customer ? Never again will we buy from Daphne AL LA_Z_BOY.

Comment (0)

La-Z-Boy customer service is bad, just bad. Here is my complaint. I purchased furniture on November of 2015. Two leather power recliner love seats and two reclining chairs. A long with two end tables, one round table and an entertainment table. All total $6851.72. They were delivered on Christmas Eve. I noticed some of the pieces were damaged. On one love seat the fabric isn't sewn. Not thinking I should of refused the furniture. I called comfort care the day after Christmas to set up an appointment. A service person came to my home on 1/5/2016. He told me the pieces needed to be order for the two love seats. He didn't know what to do for the tables.

He would submit his pictures and some one would get back to me. It has been almost six weeks since he was in my home. One box of parts arrived two weeks ago. Nothing else since. I still have not heard anything about the tables. I spent a lot of money on I thought good quality furniture. By a company who I thought stands by there merchandise. I'm ready to load all of this onto my truck and return it to the store I made the purchase. I would like this resolved ASAP.

Comment (0)

We built a house and was purchasing some new furniture for it. We purchased 2 leather recliners in June of 2014. We had them treated, wrapped and put back in their original factory box because we placed them with other furniture items in a climate controlled storage until the new house was complete. We moved in in Nov. of 2014 and placed the recliners in our family room. 1) When you recline, then come upright the chairs make the loudest popping sound I have ever heard a chair make. After a couple of months use 2) the seat portion of the chair starts folding up into the chair when you come upright from being in the reclining position (both chairs). Next 3) One of the chairs headrest started to peel and discolor.

This was after only 6 months into the chairs use. The Lazboy store where we purchased the chairs had us return the back and said that about 2% of this particular color has had this issue. We received a new back and 6 months later that back is now peeling and discoloring. I have never been so disappointed in a furniture purchase. I will never purchase a Lazboy product again. We paid twice as much for these 2 Lazboy recliners than our previous recliners and wished now I had purchased that brand again instead of choosing Lazboy.

Comment (0)

I bought Grand Canyon leather sofa, but then it started making noise. I have not had many problems, but contacted customer support at once. They were no help...

Comment (0)

Order recliner on line. La-Z-Boy employee said 4-6 weeks. A week and one half after order submitted, got call saying order sent to wrong place. Was suppose to receive swatch. Nothing. Called twice, no response. Contacted them to cancel order twice via website. No response from corporate either. I just want to ensure order cancelled. Poor customer service!

Comment (0)

We have purchased a few pieces of La-Z-Boy furniture over the past 20 years and as the years have past the quality of the furniture has truly deteriorated. This last purchase we made was March 2010 paid more for "upgraded" fabric special order at a furniture store in Winchester VA and the two piece set has not held up to my satisfaction. The two piece set recline and I have had to replace the foot release cable two times each in the couch as well as the large oversized chair. The design of the couch/chair has made it difficult to replace the broken cable therefore my husband had to cut through the fabric/material just to be able to replace the cable let alone have the chair/couch be functional. Fortunately only we know that we've had to cut the fabric but that leads me to believe that the engineering of this product was not well through out.

We purchased this item because we liked the fact that we could have a place to put our feet however what is truly bothersome is the cushion part of the back rest is all "sunk in" as well as the seat cushion. The fabric looks worn compared to the middle seat where it is less often sat in because it does not have a recline option. So visibly the couch now looks dis-portioned. For what we paid for this set - over $1800 (2 pieces). I am very disappointed with how it is wearing considering we don't have animals or small children.

I purchased a La-Z-Boy recliner back in 2002 as a gift to my husband and that has been sat in far more and looks so much newer. The seat doesn't look like it has been sat in like the couch and that recliner is far older. I'm not sure if they did something different with the filling of the chair but i have to say the furniture we bought 5 years ago looks worse than the furniture we bought 15 years ago. In the future i will not be looking for La-Z-Boy furniture. I am very disappointed in the quality and how this furniture has aged.

You will see the attached photos (3)The mauve recliner was purchased in 2002 and the couch/chair were purchased as a set in 2010. My absolute disappointment is with the couch as you will see how "sunk" in and the material looks all loose. The couch is very uncomfortable and you almost feel like you are sitting on the frame. The padding is all gone compared to the middle seat.

Thank you for your time and allowing me to share my disappointment with my La-Z-Boy furniture.

Comment (0)

I bought 2 rocking recliners with heat and message around 4 years ago. The first year we had to repair one of the recliners around 6 times for the same thing. The foot rest would not hold up on one side and sag. Well, it lasted around 3 years the last time they fixed it. But it was a fight to get it repaired because y'all told me that my warranty expired 1 day before I called the last time. Y'all agreed to repair it, they came took it and kept it for 3 weeks. It worked fine until now. Well, the foot rest will get stuck open - the bracket/bar that hold the foot rest up is bent and screws fell out of it when turned upside down. We would like to know where we can get parts for the chair (since the warranty expired) and who is qualified to repair it. Please respond to this message or letter I will be sending to Lazy Boy corporate offices.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Crandell Reclina-Rocker on 5-17-14 for my husband in preparation for an upcoming back surgery. I wanted him to have quality, comfortable seating for the six weeks that he would be recovering and undergoing physical therapy. I am unsure of the delivery date, however, I know we did not have it by his birthday on 06-16-14, so it took longer than 4 weeks to receive it. The primary point here is that we have had it for less than 18 months. We have had to have the leather repaired due to a burn, which took two months and two visits from a repair person. The first person sent to us never touched the chair, stating he was not certified to work on LaZboy! I realize that this is an insurance issue, but it was ridiculous nonetheless.

Let me just say that if there were lemon laws for recliners, I would have returned this chair long ago. Very soon after the one year point of ownership, this chair started breaking down. The recline mechanism is loud enough to wake the dead, and the chair often does not return to it's full upright position thru the use of the recline mechanism. Someone has to get behind the chair and push on the back of it to get to return to upright. Also, the leather on the headrest and footrest is changing color, from dark mahogany to pink.

My husband uses absolutely no hair products other than shampoo, therefore, the issue is obviously poor quality leather. Although we did purchase the leather protection plan, it was purchased to cover damage that we might create; not to go thru a month or more of scheduling and rescheduling repair appointments to cover poor initial quality.

My husband did have his back surgery in February of 2015 after three delays, and the chair was already exhibiting recline mechanism problems. He is due another surgery on December 9th, and this 18 month old chair will not accommodate his needs. For the $2,233.00 that we paid for this chair, I would have expected it last five years or more. My research on the Better Business Bureau site indicates that all complaints about LaZboy have been resolved. Reviews posted on Facebook are somewhat positive. It is my hope that we can resolve this one as well, without me having to post yet another poor review of your products on either of those sites. I will expect to hear from you in a timely manner regarding replacement or no cost repair of this chair.

Comment (0)

4 years ago (2011) we purchased our living room furniture from Van Drie Home Furnishings and was talked into the Lazy Boy rocker recliner in "leather like" material because we were told that it was more durable for us because we have a small dog. This chair is AWFUL...the material is peeling....in at least 5 different areas. After calling the store, and being told they can not do anything because our chair is more than One year old, I have decided to contact Lazy Boy! We paid $600 for this chair, and I can't believe that we are the only one with issues with this material. We want this chair to be completely recovered by Lazy Boy.

Comment (1)

We purchased two leather sofas, two leather sofa chairs and ottoman from lazy boy. We've had the worse experience with our furniture. The first set we bought, not even 6 months, the leather turned colors randomly. We called for service on the sofas, they came out and said this model has been discontinued because of the leather imported from China. And they had to replace the set for us, which we were not happy about because we bought the set because of the looks and style it was. As we went to purchase the new set, we specifically told the salesman we wanted a set 100 percent made in US because we thought that's what lazy boy furniture was about. They had signs and told us it's made in America. My parents, aunts and uncles all bought from lazy boy in the past and their furniture still looks great and that's what we wanted.

A product that will last with age. We ended up getting our new set and not even 6 months into again, the color off the furniture came off. It's dark brown and now it has white all over it. That's not normal for high end furniture. That's just a poor manufacturing if the color is going to straight up come off. We called for service they came out and the guy said the leather from China tends to do that. I told him we specifically told the salesman we wanted furniture that had nothing to do with cheap materials from China and we wanted what lazy boy stood behind. He took all the furniture in and "touched them up". They delivered it back and not even week later my wife called and told them they didn't do anything to the couches. There is white marks all over. Did they just take a pen and color them in? They said now we took care of it. Time went by and it got worse. My wife called again and they were completely rude to her.

First they hung up on her multiple times because she has an accent and they "couldn't understand her". She asked why did you hang up so fast. She said if we don't understand you we're told to just hang up. To me that's very unprofessional. She then told her the problem and she said your outside the one year warranty. My wife said this problem occurred during the warranty and whatever you guys did it came off, that means the work wasn't done properly. She said we won't do anything for you and to call a repair company. Wow that's lazy boy? Dishing off their poor workmanship to a repair company so we can pay out of pocket? We bought the extended 5 year warranty on all the pieces. Thousands of dollars for just a warranty that can't do anything? She told us the five year warrant won't fix it. We told them they salesman said the warranty covered everything, they sold it to us stating even if your child cuts the leather they'll repair it.

But you won't repair the color being scratched off? That's to me sounds a bit fishy. Now we're stuck with furniture we've had for a little over a year with five year extended warranty that covers nothing? This has been the worst customer service experience ever. I'm 100 percent unsatisfied with lazy boys product and service. They back of our invoice says lazy boy stand behind their product 100 percent. But we know now that is completely false. I'm tired of it, I'm sick or looking at furniture we spent over 8,000 on and looking like junk. I have a five year warranty that does squat. I want my money back, I want this furniture out of my house. Please let me know what your going to do for me.

Comment (0)

Approximately a year and a half ago I purchased two electric recliners and one electric recliner couch from La-Z-Boy at 1433 W. Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX. I also purchased the extended warranty on all three items. On September 24, 2015 I called the store to report that my recliner was no longer working correctly. The associate verified that I had purchased the extended warranty. She then gave me another phone number to call for service. I called the number given and left a complete message as instructed by the automatic response. On September 25, 2015, I was called by Portia from the Service Center. I gave her the details of the problem with my recliner. She told me that the Scheduling Department would call me within 24hrs to schedule service.

On September 29, 2015, not having received a scheduling call, I again called Portia at the Service Center and had to leave a message. My message explained that I had not yet been scheduled for service. On September 30, 2015, Portia returned my call from the previous day. I again explained that I initiated my calls on September 24th and had not yet been scheduled for service. She told me that their records showed that I had been called but had not answered the phone. I verified that she had the correct number, which she should have since she called me but you never know what is actually written in the record. I told her that the number was to my cell phone that I have with me at all times, that I have voice mail and that I had not received one call from anyone connected with La-Z-Boy. She told me that their records showed that I had been called. She gave me another phone number to call. I asked if I would be talking to a live person and not a recording and she said that I would be.

I immediately called the number that Portia gave me and spoke with Gladys who, like Portia, claimed that I had been called but the phone just rang and rang. I told that I had voice mail but, no matter, I wanted to be scheduled for repairs to my couch. The earliest day available was October 13, 2015, THREE weeks after my first call. The only thing I can say is that after purchasing three expensive pieces of furniture and extended warranties from La-Z-Boy, after a week of waiting to get scheduled for repair, and then having to wait an additional two weeks before someone could even check my couch, I will NOT be purchasing another single item from La-Z-Boy. Also, if I have to wait that long for service, there must be A LOT of breaking La-Z-Boy furniture. It remains to be seen if the repair crew shows up on October 13th. I am supposed to get a call a day or two before when the time will be approximated as to when to expect them. I’m not holding my breath for a phone call.

UPDATE 1: On 10/13/2015 the La-Z-Boy repairman came, within the scheduled time, to repair my reclining couch. He discovered that the frame and rails had broken. He had to order the parts to fix it. The parts would not be available for another 3 weeks and would call to schedule the repair when the parts were delivered. Apparently, he is the only authorized service for La-Z-Boy repair for the area which is why I had to wait for 2 weeks before he could schedule me which was after 1 week of trying to get him scheduled. This makes a total of at least 6 weeks from the time of my first call to La-Z-Boy about the problem to the time it MAY get repaired. I started this process on 09/24/2015. UPDATE 2: On 10/31/2015, I received a message from La-Z-Boy scheduling wanting to schedule the repair to my sofa – if I had received the parts. I called back and spoke with Linda who told me to call La-Z-Boy and tell them I had not received the parts. She said that the parts were supposed to have been shipped to me and that she had received an advisement to schedule the repair but, of course, could not do so since I did have the parts. I had been told on 10/13/2015 that the repairman would order the parts and would call to schedule the repair when the parts were received.

I called the number that Linda gave me and, like before, had to leave a message and wait for a call back. This time I will have to wait at least 3 days since Customer Service is not open on the weekends. I left the message for Michelle. UPDATE 3: On 11/02/2015 Michelle returned my call. I was informed that the parts would be sent direct to me, that it would take 2-3 weeks for the parts to be received and that parts were ordered on 10/29/2015. Now, keep in mind that I started this process on 9/24/2015 and repair diagnosed my couch on 10/13/2015. It took over 2 WEEKS to order the parts. When I told Michelle that it was ridiculous that it took 2 weeks just to order the parts, her comment was “That just the way it happens.”

Comment (0)

I ordered a Lazy Boy Sleeper Sofa online on 9/6/15. After 10 days I contacted them online asking why I had not received a delivery call as stated on the website when I ordered. I was told I would receive the sofa the week of Oct 12 after several days of waiting for a reply. I called the Toll Free number to inquire as to when I would receive my purchase after not receiving a timely reply from the original online inquiry. I was called back and told the delivery would occur during the last week of October. I contacted LazyBoy online Oct 20 again inquiring about the delivery on my sofa but have yet to receive a reply. It is now November 1st and no sofa. My credit card has been charged for the full amount of the sofa and when I log in to my account it says shipping soon. I have searched the website and no where does it say that an order would take up to 2 months to deliver, only that 10 days may be the maximum shipping time. I expected better customer service from this company hence the reason for ordering in the first place.

Comment (0)

Purchased a recliner section unit in dark brown for $6000 account number ends in 1022. Still making payments on it. The problem and is so very aggravating, the dye for is rubbing off, the recliner looks terrible. We purchased the dye color and tried to repair but did not work, the dye cost $50, thank you very much. Called the dealer which we purchased the recliners and they stated that our issue is not covered by warranty of course. Can you help as is the recliner looks terrible. If nothing else, the corporate executives need to know what is going on at their company.

Comment (0)

I had bought a rocker recliner lasted a year now its been worked on three times. Only thing i ask is that it be repaired. I have a medical condition that puts me in the chair with legs elevated. But now chair is broke again can someone fix it right the first time.

Comment (0)

Sofa was delivered and less than two weeks the seat cushion fell about 4 inches. I have tried to get lazyboy to repair it. They tried to fix it by phone by shipping parts to my home. Before the parts arrived the other side of love seat also began to sag. There was also issues with the electronics. After many calls and complaints they had a tech come out to inspect the sofa. He showed us the electronics operation and assured us it was ok. He checked the missions and said the sofa seats are coming apparent. He said he would report the info to lazyboy. So far they have done nothing else and will not return calls or answer calls. I get voice mail...

Comment (2)

Both my husband and I have had back surgeries with rods, plates and screws in our backs. Therefore, it is imperative we have firm, supportive, e furniture. We spent $2575.48 for Greyson loveseat. When we were selecting a loveseat, we debated between the Greyson and Maverick. The Maverick back was a little to high for me, but good for my husband (6'3") and compromised on the Greyson. We upgraded to the firm seat instead of the standard softer seat cushion. We asked the sales representative.

Mary if the seat cushion change would make any difference in the loveseat. She said "No change, just firmer". Nothing could have been further from the truth. The firmer seat cushion definitely made a big difference in comfort; namely, the Greyson now gives us NO low back and neck/head support. My husband had neck surgery with plate inserted into his neck spine. If your sales representative had been truthful with us and told us we would sit a little higher because of the firmer seat cushion, we would have chosen the Maverick loveseat with the higher back instead of the Greyson with the lower back. I discussed this problem with the Greyson loveseat with Jourdain Medina, store manager, Jacksonville, Florida. He acknowledged that the firmer seat cushion would make it higher as I stated to him. His only solution was to replace the seat cushion with the "standard" softer seat cushion. This is not a solution due to our back surgeries. The standard softer seat cushion would not give us the back support we need.

Please help us by allowing us to exchange the Greyson power loveseat for a more supportive loveseat with the same upgrades currently in our Greyson loveseat. If the new loveseat is less expensive than the $2575.48 we paid for the Greyson, LazyBoy can keep the difference.

Comment (0)

I bought a recliner 3 years ago and now find that the chair needs repairs. Upon finding out the ridiculous cost to repair the chair and have it picked up and delivered, I decided to buy a new Lazy Boy recliner. Again, I found the inability to buy and leave with the chair and adding the cost of delivery at their desired time not mine. I proceeded to buy a chair someplace else and did that day. Good luck selling anything to me in the future or anyone I talk to about your greedy company.

Comment (0)

What a deception i bought 2 recliners la z boy for the amount of 4336.00 dollars model 007 lb999079 leather who was suppose to last for years and what a surprise after 7 months they look like they are 20 years old so disappointing i ll never buy one of your product again service is no good at all they were suppose to fix but we re still waiting for the parts. I told my friends who were saying that they look nice not to buy this product!

Comment (0)

Very disappointed had my recliners two weeks after waiting for 3 months. When delivered they were already broken. tech came out and said the arm joint needs to be replaced will take 3-6 week to get part and then need to make an appointment to get it install. spoke with customer service to explain how disappointed I was and would like my money back. But they don't care they have my money and that's all it matters to them. Planning on getting a lawyer involved even if I have to spend the money but at least lazyboy will realize that they can't be taking advantage of people! I took me a long time to save up to buy a good quality furniture and this is what I receive BROKEN FURNITURE manufacture can't even put it together. They claim its AMERICA MADE maybe it should be CHINA made it might of been put together better.

Comment (2)

We bought a matching reclining sofa and love seat from Lazyboy Tacoma in March. The fabric on the love seat looks a little different from the sofa. Someone called us to ask about our purchase which was nice, and I explained what I noticed. They said they would have someone from the Tacoma store call us, but the never did. I went to the other Lazyboy to look at the displays and they were very similar I was talking to the salesman there and he said ” I just had to order that Loveseat as our warehouse just sold the last one “. I also noticed that the Loveseat had a tag on the top side of it like my sofa had but not my loveseat. Was my Loveseat a return?? Going to call the store today as I still have not heard back from anyone from the Tacoma Lazyboy store. For $ 2409.37 you would expect better follow up on your investment t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Paul on 03/23/2014 at IP address 75.165.110.37 using our LAZY BOY complaint form. This opinions contained in this LAZY BOY customer review titled, “Fabric on loveseat does not match fabric on sofa.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Comment (1)

we purchased a la z boy recliner about a year ago. after about six months the recliner mechanism started to malfunction. last week we had a repair man look at the chair and he has to order parts to fix it. the cost will be around $150. the quality of the part that has to be replaced is so poor that they are on the third version of this cheap plastic part. we should not have to pay for this repair but were told they are only charging labor costs.

Comment (1)

On 9/28/2012 I tried to buy a sofa at La-Z-Boy in Spanish Fort Al. The salesperson informed me the sofa I picked out was a floor model but i could pick any color on samples. I picked out a color and asked how long before delivery, she said “about 3 weeks”.

My Husband signed what we thought was a sales order, later found out it was a contract that took away all of our rights. A reputable, ethical business doesn’t have to resort to such unfair and deceptive practices. this contract was fraudulently misprepresented, also it is unconscionable due to a delivery date of 04/04/2044 .

After 5 weeks I began to inquire about delivery and was given the run-a-round. After 7 weeks I was told the delivery would not be until Dec. At which time I cancelled the order. The manager informed me I could not cancel and would not give me a refund. I used a debit card to pay in full on 9/28/12 and because I signed the receit my bank would not chargeback the funds.

When I was informed the sofa had arrived in Dec. I refused the delivery. I have tried everything to try to get my money back and nothing has worked. Now my only option is to file a law suit against L-Z-Boy. I have offered to pay 1/2 of the restocking fee to settle this but no one from the store responds. I never had possession of the sofa and I cancelled it before it was manufactured.

Now I believe the sofa has been resold because no one will answer where the sofa is. This La-Z-Boy store is independently owned so the Parent La-Z-Boy will not deal with this issue. This store sells the La-Z-Boy brand and name, so some organization must have some input over the business practices. There are many complaints against La-Z-Boy on the web about product quaility and service.

Maybe corporate should reconize they need to address these dishonest business practices before it puts them out of business. The internet is far reaching and La-Z-Boy cannot depend on the old reputation forever. Unfortunately most people don’t look on the internet until they have already been scamed, but La-Z-Boy will not get return customers and the word will spread about their business practices sooner or later. also the word is spreading that La-Z-Boy is not an American Made product as it claims. It has gone the way of China.

Comment (9)

We purchased two lazy boy recliners about a year and a half ago at Hobson Furniture in Festus MO. We have recently moved to Galveston TX and so can’t go back to the furniture store to complain. We had another pair of these recliners and they lasted for years with the exception of the springs being replaced a couple days. These chairs have faulty upholstery. These chairs are burgundy in color and the color is fading very badly. I am thinking of using upholstery cleaner on them but am concerned that they will fade even more. I would like to know how to make this complaint to Lazy Boy.

Comment (2)

The material of the lazy boy chairs and what in it is questionable by my daughter and myself. i have acquired a cough in the last 3 years that no doctor can explain. My husband died from cancer last year of the sinus track, etc. Now that he is gone my daughter sits in his chair and has also acquired a cough as mine. Please e-mail my daughter and assure her that there is no problem with the material in the chair. We will also notify the better business office and put it on record of our concern. These 2 lazy boy chairs were purchased at least 5 years ago.

Comment (2)

I recently purchase a $1, 200.00 La-Z-Boy recliner. When it was delivered, I didn’t even think to actually recline the chair to check it over thoroughly. Four days later when my husband was sitting in the reclined position, I noticed the leather was rubbed bare on the back of the arms. I took pictures and headed into the La-Z-Boy store. I explained that it was a brand new chair and I needed a new chair delivered. “We don’t do it that way” was what I was told. After several attempts to get a “real appointment” with them, I’m set for six (6) weeks down the road!!! You’ve got to be kidding, La-Z-Boy! I didn’t pay top-dollar for a repaired chair! It’s not a year old, nor was it a week old! Get serious and read up on CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Comment (2)

I purchased a Lazy Boy Recliner Sofa approx. 2 years ago. On delivery an arm cap was missing; never rectified after complaint to retailer and Lazy Boy. Now the retractable leg support has jammed in the out position and the particle board backer on the opposite side leg support has broken. The back of the sofa on one side has fallen to the rear. What I thought was a lifetime guarantee has turned into an $80.00 per hour labor charge. I am going to fire the junk in the dumpster; never again Lazy Boy.

Comment (2)

We ordered 2 recliners. Traded in our old ones that were very comfortable but the fabric was worn. When we received our chairs and tried them out they were nothing like the one in the store. These are very cheaply made, something hard in the seat and we are not big people but you can feel it when you push on the cushion with your hand. Sitting on it is not normal it’s like sitting on wood. The store refuses to do anything about it. However when we bought them they said “satisfaction guaranteed” Yeah, right. So, over $1, 700 for 2 chairs and they aren’t worth $25.00

Comment (0)

We bought an expensive sectional from La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery. Since the day it was delivered it has been saggy and uncomfortable. I phoned and wrote a letter to the manager right away to complain, but received no response. Now, less than a year old, the stitching is falling apart. Here’s how it seems to work with La-Z-Boy. You go to the Furniture Gallery and choose one of the well-built, comfortable pieces they have on display there. You put a deposit on the one you select, and then wait for months. The one that’s finally delivered to you is crap compared to the one you try in the store. My advice to anyone considering a purchase from La-Z-Boy – take a good look at all the complaints on the internet about this company.

Browse reviews of other Furniture Stores

Have feedback for La-Z-Boy?