Customer Satisfaction Results
1.88 out of 5 Stars
24 Consumer Reviews

La-Z-Boy
Complaint Department

Welcome to the La-Z-Boy company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against La-Z-Boy online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the La-Z-Boy corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with La-Z-Boy?

Compare La-Z-Boy to Similar Furniture Retailers more...

Top 24 Reviews about La-Z-Boy

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a La-Z-Boy customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I bought Grand Canyon leather sofa, but then it started making noise. I have not had many problems, but contacted customer support at once. They were no help...

Upvote (0)

Order recliner on line. La-Z-Boy employee said 4-6 weeks. A week and one half after order submitted, got call saying order sent to wrong place. Was suppose to receive swatch. Nothing. Called twice, no response. Contacted them to cancel order twice via website. No response from corporate either. I just want to ensure order cancelled. Poor customer service!

Upvote (0)

We have purchased a few pieces of La-Z-Boy furniture over the past 20 years and as the years have past the quality of the furniture has truly deteriorated. This last purchase we made was March 2010 paid more for "upgraded" fabric special order at a furniture store in Winchester VA and the two piece set has not held up to my satisfaction. The two piece set recline and I have had to replace the foot release cable two times each in the couch as well as the large oversized chair. The design of the couch/chair has made it difficult to replace the broken cable therefore my husband had to cut through the fabric/material just to be able to replace the cable let alone have the chair/couch be functional. Fortunately only we know that we've had to cut the fabric but that leads me to believe that the engineering of this product was not well through out.

We purchased this item because we liked the fact that we could have a place to put our feet however what is truly bothersome is the cushion part of the back rest is all "sunk in" as well as the seat cushion. The fabric looks worn compared to the middle seat where it is less often sat in because it does not have a recline option. So visibly the couch now looks dis-portioned. For what we paid for this set - over $1800 (2 pieces). I am very disappointed with how it is wearing considering we don't have animals or small children.

I purchased a La-Z-Boy recliner back in 2002 as a gift to my husband and that has been sat in far more and looks so much newer. The seat doesn't look like it has been sat in like the couch and that recliner is far older. I'm not sure if they did something different with the filling of the chair but i have to say the furniture we bought 5 years ago looks worse than the furniture we bought 15 years ago. In the future i will not be looking for La-Z-Boy furniture. I am very disappointed in the quality and how this furniture has aged.

You will see the attached photos (3)The mauve recliner was purchased in 2002 and the couch/chair were purchased as a set in 2010. My absolute disappointment is with the couch as you will see how "sunk" in and the material looks all loose. The couch is very uncomfortable and you almost feel like you are sitting on the frame. The padding is all gone compared to the middle seat.

Thank you for your time and allowing me to share my disappointment with my La-Z-Boy furniture.

Upvote (0)

I bought 2 rocking recliners with heat and message around 4 years ago. The first year we had to repair one of the recliners around 6 times for the same thing. The foot rest would not hold up on one side and sag. Well, it lasted around 3 years the last time they fixed it. But it was a fight to get it repaired because y'all told me that my warranty expired 1 day before I called the last time. Y'all agreed to repair it, they came took it and kept it for 3 weeks. It worked fine until now. Well, the foot rest will get stuck open - the bracket/bar that hold the foot rest up is bent and screws fell out of it when turned upside down. We would like to know where we can get parts for the chair (since the warranty expired) and who is qualified to repair it. Please respond to this message or letter I will be sending to Lazy Boy corporate offices.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Crandell Reclina-Rocker on 5-17-14 for my husband in preparation for an upcoming back surgery. I wanted him to have quality, comfortable seating for the six weeks that he would be recovering and undergoing physical therapy. I am unsure of the delivery date, however, I know we did not have it by his birthday on 06-16-14, so it took longer than 4 weeks to receive it. The primary point here is that we have had it for less than 18 months. We have had to have the leather repaired due to a burn, which took two months and two visits from a repair person. The first person sent to us never touched the chair, stating he was not certified to work on LaZboy! I realize that this is an insurance issue, but it was ridiculous nonetheless.

Let me just say that if there were lemon laws for recliners, I would have returned this chair long ago. Very soon after the one year point of ownership, this chair started breaking down. The recline mechanism is loud enough to wake the dead, and the chair often does not return to it's full upright position thru the use of the recline mechanism. Someone has to get behind the chair and push on the back of it to get to return to upright. Also, the leather on the headrest and footrest is changing color, from dark mahogany to pink.

My husband uses absolutely no hair products other than shampoo, therefore, the issue is obviously poor quality leather. Although we did purchase the leather protection plan, it was purchased to cover damage that we might create; not to go thru a month or more of scheduling and rescheduling repair appointments to cover poor initial quality.

My husband did have his back surgery in February of 2015 after three delays, and the chair was already exhibiting recline mechanism problems. He is due another surgery on December 9th, and this 18 month old chair will not accommodate his needs. For the $2,233.00 that we paid for this chair, I would have expected it last five years or more. My research on the Better Business Bureau site indicates that all complaints about LaZboy have been resolved. Reviews posted on Facebook are somewhat positive. It is my hope that we can resolve this one as well, without me having to post yet another poor review of your products on either of those sites. I will expect to hear from you in a timely manner regarding replacement or no cost repair of this chair.

Upvote (0)

4 years ago (2011) we purchased our living room furniture from Van Drie Home Furnishings and was talked into the Lazy Boy rocker recliner in "leather like" material because we were told that it was more durable for us because we have a small dog. This chair is AWFUL...the material is peeling....in at least 5 different areas. After calling the store, and being told they can not do anything because our chair is more than One year old, I have decided to contact Lazy Boy! We paid $600 for this chair, and I can't believe that we are the only one with issues with this material. We want this chair to be completely recovered by Lazy Boy.

Upvote (1)

We purchased two leather sofas, two leather sofa chairs and ottoman from lazy boy. We've had the worse experience with our furniture. The first set we bought, not even 6 months, the leather turned colors randomly. We called for service on the sofas, they came out and said this model has been discontinued because of the leather imported from China. And they had to replace the set for us, which we were not happy about because we bought the set because of the looks and style it was. As we went to purchase the new set, we specifically told the salesman we wanted a set 100 percent made in US because we thought that's what lazy boy furniture was about. They had signs and told us it's made in America. My parents, aunts and uncles all bought from lazy boy in the past and their furniture still looks great and that's what we wanted.

A product that will last with age. We ended up getting our new set and not even 6 months into again, the color off the furniture came off. It's dark brown and now it has white all over it. That's not normal for high end furniture. That's just a poor manufacturing if the color is going to straight up come off. We called for service they came out and the guy said the leather from China tends to do that. I told him we specifically told the salesman we wanted furniture that had nothing to do with cheap materials from China and we wanted what lazy boy stood behind. He took all the furniture in and "touched them up". They delivered it back and not even week later my wife called and told them they didn't do anything to the couches. There is white marks all over. Did they just take a pen and color them in? They said now we took care of it. Time went by and it got worse. My wife called again and they were completely rude to her.

First they hung up on her multiple times because she has an accent and they "couldn't understand her". She asked why did you hang up so fast. She said if we don't understand you we're told to just hang up. To me that's very unprofessional. She then told her the problem and she said your outside the one year warranty. My wife said this problem occurred during the warranty and whatever you guys did it came off, that means the work wasn't done properly. She said we won't do anything for you and to call a repair company. Wow that's lazy boy? Dishing off their poor workmanship to a repair company so we can pay out of pocket? We bought the extended 5 year warranty on all the pieces. Thousands of dollars for just a warranty that can't do anything? She told us the five year warrant won't fix it. We told them they salesman said the warranty covered everything, they sold it to us stating even if your child cuts the leather they'll repair it.

But you won't repair the color being scratched off? That's to me sounds a bit fishy. Now we're stuck with furniture we've had for a little over a year with five year extended warranty that covers nothing? This has been the worst customer service experience ever. I'm 100 percent unsatisfied with lazy boys product and service. They back of our invoice says lazy boy stand behind their product 100 percent. But we know now that is completely false. I'm tired of it, I'm sick or looking at furniture we spent over 8,000 on and looking like junk. I have a five year warranty that does squat. I want my money back, I want this furniture out of my house. Please let me know what your going to do for me.

Upvote (0)

Approximately a year and a half ago I purchased two electric recliners and one electric recliner couch from La-Z-Boy at 1433 W. Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX. I also purchased the extended warranty on all three items. On September 24, 2015 I called the store to report that my recliner was no longer working correctly. The associate verified that I had purchased the extended warranty. She then gave me another phone number to call for service. I called the number given and left a complete message as instructed by the automatic response. On September 25, 2015, I was called by Portia from the Service Center. I gave her the details of the problem with my recliner. She told me that the Scheduling Department would call me within 24hrs to schedule service.

On September 29, 2015, not having received a scheduling call, I again called Portia at the Service Center and had to leave a message. My message explained that I had not yet been scheduled for service. On September 30, 2015, Portia returned my call from the previous day. I again explained that I initiated my calls on September 24th and had not yet been scheduled for service. She told me that their records showed that I had been called but had not answered the phone. I verified that she had the correct number, which she should have since she called me but you never know what is actually written in the record. I told her that the number was to my cell phone that I have with me at all times, that I have voice mail and that I had not received one call from anyone connected with La-Z-Boy. She told me that their records showed that I had been called. She gave me another phone number to call. I asked if I would be talking to a live person and not a recording and she said that I would be.

I immediately called the number that Portia gave me and spoke with Gladys who, like Portia, claimed that I had been called but the phone just rang and rang. I told that I had voice mail but, no matter, I wanted to be scheduled for repairs to my couch. The earliest day available was October 13, 2015, THREE weeks after my first call. The only thing I can say is that after purchasing three expensive pieces of furniture and extended warranties from La-Z-Boy, after a week of waiting to get scheduled for repair, and then having to wait an additional two weeks before someone could even check my couch, I will NOT be purchasing another single item from La-Z-Boy. Also, if I have to wait that long for service, there must be A LOT of breaking La-Z-Boy furniture. It remains to be seen if the repair crew shows up on October 13th. I am supposed to get a call a day or two before when the time will be approximated as to when to expect them. I’m not holding my breath for a phone call.

UPDATE 1: On 10/13/2015 the La-Z-Boy repairman came, within the scheduled time, to repair my reclining couch. He discovered that the frame and rails had broken. He had to order the parts to fix it. The parts would not be available for another 3 weeks and would call to schedule the repair when the parts were delivered. Apparently, he is the only authorized service for La-Z-Boy repair for the area which is why I had to wait for 2 weeks before he could schedule me which was after 1 week of trying to get him scheduled. This makes a total of at least 6 weeks from the time of my first call to La-Z-Boy about the problem to the time it MAY get repaired. I started this process on 09/24/2015. UPDATE 2: On 10/31/2015, I received a message from La-Z-Boy scheduling wanting to schedule the repair to my sofa – if I had received the parts. I called back and spoke with Linda who told me to call La-Z-Boy and tell them I had not received the parts. She said that the parts were supposed to have been shipped to me and that she had received an advisement to schedule the repair but, of course, could not do so since I did have the parts. I had been told on 10/13/2015 that the repairman would order the parts and would call to schedule the repair when the parts were received.

I called the number that Linda gave me and, like before, had to leave a message and wait for a call back. This time I will have to wait at least 3 days since Customer Service is not open on the weekends. I left the message for Michelle. UPDATE 3: On 11/02/2015 Michelle returned my call. I was informed that the parts would be sent direct to me, that it would take 2-3 weeks for the parts to be received and that parts were ordered on 10/29/2015. Now, keep in mind that I started this process on 9/24/2015 and repair diagnosed my couch on 10/13/2015. It took over 2 WEEKS to order the parts. When I told Michelle that it was ridiculous that it took 2 weeks just to order the parts, her comment was “That just the way it happens.”

Upvote (0)

I ordered a Lazy Boy Sleeper Sofa online on 9/6/15. After 10 days I contacted them online asking why I had not received a delivery call as stated on the website when I ordered. I was told I would receive the sofa the week of Oct 12 after several days of waiting for a reply. I called the Toll Free number to inquire as to when I would receive my purchase after not receiving a timely reply from the original online inquiry. I was called back and told the delivery would occur during the last week of October. I contacted LazyBoy online Oct 20 again inquiring about the delivery on my sofa but have yet to receive a reply. It is now November 1st and no sofa. My credit card has been charged for the full amount of the sofa and when I log in to my account it says shipping soon. I have searched the website and no where does it say that an order would take up to 2 months to deliver, only that 10 days may be the maximum shipping time. I expected better customer service from this company hence the reason for ordering in the first place.

Upvote (0)

Purchased a recliner section unit in dark brown for $6000 account number ends in 1022. Still making payments on it. The problem and is so very aggravating, the dye for is rubbing off, the recliner looks terrible. We purchased the dye color and tried to repair but did not work, the dye cost $50, thank you very much. Called the dealer which we purchased the recliners and they stated that our issue is not covered by warranty of course. Can you help as is the recliner looks terrible. If nothing else, the corporate executives need to know what is going on at their company.

Upvote (0)

I had bought a rocker recliner lasted a year now its been worked on three times. Only thing i ask is that it be repaired. I have a medical condition that puts me in the chair with legs elevated. But now chair is broke again can someone fix it right the first time.

Upvote (0)

Sofa was delivered and less than two weeks the seat cushion fell about 4 inches. I have tried to get lazyboy to repair it. They tried to fix it by phone by shipping parts to my home. Before the parts arrived the other side of love seat also began to sag. There was also issues with the electronics. After many calls and complaints they had a tech come out to inspect the sofa. He showed us the electronics operation and assured us it was ok. He checked the missions and said the sofa seats are coming apparent. He said he would report the info to lazyboy. So far they have done nothing else and will not return calls or answer calls. I get voice mail...

Upvote (1)

I bought a recliner 3 years ago and now find that the chair needs repairs. Upon finding out the ridiculous cost to repair the chair and have it picked up and delivered, I decided to buy a new Lazy Boy recliner. Again, I found the inability to buy and leave with the chair and adding the cost of delivery at their desired time not mine. I proceeded to buy a chair someplace else and did that day. Good luck selling anything to me in the future or anyone I talk to about your greedy company.

Upvote (0)

What a deception i bought 2 recliners la z boy for the amount of 4336.00 dollars model 007 lb999079 leather who was suppose to last for years and what a surprise after 7 months they look like they are 20 years old so disappointing i ll never buy one of your product again service is no good at all they were suppose to fix but we re still waiting for the parts. I told my friends who were saying that they look nice not to buy this product!

Upvote (0)

Very disappointed had my recliners two weeks after waiting for 3 months. When delivered they were already broken. tech came out and said the arm joint needs to be replaced will take 3-6 week to get part and then need to make an appointment to get it install. spoke with customer service to explain how disappointed I was and would like my money back. But they don't care they have my money and that's all it matters to them. Planning on getting a lawyer involved even if I have to spend the money but at least lazyboy will realize that they can't be taking advantage of people! I took me a long time to save up to buy a good quality furniture and this is what I receive BROKEN FURNITURE manufacture can't even put it together. They claim its AMERICA MADE maybe it should be CHINA made it might of been put together better.

Upvote (1)

We bought a matching reclining sofa and love seat from Lazyboy Tacoma in March. The fabric on the love seat looks a little different from the sofa. Someone called us to ask about our purchase which was nice, and I explained what I noticed. They said they would have someone from the Tacoma store call us, but the never did. I went to the other Lazyboy to look at the displays and they were very similar I was talking to the salesman there and he said ” I just had to order that Loveseat as our warehouse just sold the last one “. I also noticed that the Loveseat had a tag on the top side of it like my sofa had but not my loveseat. Was my Loveseat a return?? Going to call the store today as I still have not heard back from anyone from the Tacoma Lazyboy store. For $ 2409.37 you would expect better follow up on your investment t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Paul on 03/23/2014 at IP address 75.165.110.37 using our LAZY BOY complaint form. This opinions contained in this LAZY BOY customer review titled, “Fabric on loveseat does not match fabric on sofa.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Upvote (1)

we purchased a la z boy recliner about a year ago. after about six months the recliner mechanism started to malfunction. last week we had a repair man look at the chair and he has to order parts to fix it. the cost will be around $150. the quality of the part that has to be replaced is so poor that they are on the third version of this cheap plastic part. we should not have to pay for this repair but were told they are only charging labor costs.

Upvote (1)

On 9/28/2012 I tried to buy a sofa at La-Z-Boy in Spanish Fort Al. The salesperson informed me the sofa I picked out was a floor model but i could pick any color on samples. I picked out a color and asked how long before delivery, she said “about 3 weeks”.

My Husband signed what we thought was a sales order, later found out it was a contract that took away all of our rights. A reputable, ethical business doesn’t have to resort to such unfair and deceptive practices. this contract was fraudulently misprepresented, also it is unconscionable due to a delivery date of 04/04/2044 .

After 5 weeks I began to inquire about delivery and was given the run-a-round. After 7 weeks I was told the delivery would not be until Dec. At which time I cancelled the order. The manager informed me I could not cancel and would not give me a refund. I used a debit card to pay in full on 9/28/12 and because I signed the receit my bank would not chargeback the funds.

When I was informed the sofa had arrived in Dec. I refused the delivery. I have tried everything to try to get my money back and nothing has worked. Now my only option is to file a law suit against L-Z-Boy. I have offered to pay 1/2 of the restocking fee to settle this but no one from the store responds. I never had possession of the sofa and I cancelled it before it was manufactured.

Now I believe the sofa has been resold because no one will answer where the sofa is. This La-Z-Boy store is independently owned so the Parent La-Z-Boy will not deal with this issue. This store sells the La-Z-Boy brand and name, so some organization must have some input over the business practices. There are many complaints against La-Z-Boy on the web about product quaility and service.

Maybe corporate should reconize they need to address these dishonest business practices before it puts them out of business. The internet is far reaching and La-Z-Boy cannot depend on the old reputation forever. Unfortunately most people don’t look on the internet until they have already been scamed, but La-Z-Boy will not get return customers and the word will spread about their business practices sooner or later. also the word is spreading that La-Z-Boy is not an American Made product as it claims. It has gone the way of China.

Upvote (9)

We purchased two lazy boy recliners about a year and a half ago at Hobson Furniture in Festus MO. We have recently moved to Galveston TX and so can’t go back to the furniture store to complain. We had another pair of these recliners and they lasted for years with the exception of the springs being replaced a couple days. These chairs have faulty upholstery. These chairs are burgundy in color and the color is fading very badly. I am thinking of using upholstery cleaner on them but am concerned that they will fade even more. I would like to know how to make this complaint to Lazy Boy.

Upvote (1)

The material of the lazy boy chairs and what in it is questionable by my daughter and myself. i have acquired a cough in the last 3 years that no doctor can explain. My husband died from cancer last year of the sinus track, etc. Now that he is gone my daughter sits in his chair and has also acquired a cough as mine. Please e-mail my daughter and assure her that there is no problem with the material in the chair. We will also notify the better business office and put it on record of our concern. These 2 lazy boy chairs were purchased at least 5 years ago.

Upvote (1)

I recently purchase a $1, 200.00 La-Z-Boy recliner. When it was delivered, I didn’t even think to actually recline the chair to check it over thoroughly. Four days later when my husband was sitting in the reclined position, I noticed the leather was rubbed bare on the back of the arms. I took pictures and headed into the La-Z-Boy store. I explained that it was a brand new chair and I needed a new chair delivered. “We don’t do it that way” was what I was told. After several attempts to get a “real appointment” with them, I’m set for six (6) weeks down the road!!! You’ve got to be kidding, La-Z-Boy! I didn’t pay top-dollar for a repaired chair! It’s not a year old, nor was it a week old! Get serious and read up on CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Upvote (2)

I purchased a Lazy Boy Recliner Sofa approx. 2 years ago. On delivery an arm cap was missing; never rectified after complaint to retailer and Lazy Boy. Now the retractable leg support has jammed in the out position and the particle board backer on the opposite side leg support has broken. The back of the sofa on one side has fallen to the rear. What I thought was a lifetime guarantee has turned into an $80.00 per hour labor charge. I am going to fire the junk in the dumpster; never again Lazy Boy.

Upvote (2)

We ordered 2 recliners. Traded in our old ones that were very comfortable but the fabric was worn. When we received our chairs and tried them out they were nothing like the one in the store. These are very cheaply made, something hard in the seat and we are not big people but you can feel it when you push on the cushion with your hand. Sitting on it is not normal it’s like sitting on wood. The store refuses to do anything about it. However when we bought them they said “satisfaction guaranteed” Yeah, right. So, over $1, 700 for 2 chairs and they aren’t worth $25.00

Upvote (0)

We bought an expensive sectional from La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery. Since the day it was delivered it has been saggy and uncomfortable. I phoned and wrote a letter to the manager right away to complain, but received no response. Now, less than a year old, the stitching is falling apart. Here’s how it seems to work with La-Z-Boy. You go to the Furniture Gallery and choose one of the well-built, comfortable pieces they have on display there. You put a deposit on the one you select, and then wait for months. The one that’s finally delivered to you is crap compared to the one you try in the store. My advice to anyone considering a purchase from La-Z-Boy – take a good look at all the complaints on the internet about this company.

Contact the La-Z-Boy Complaint Department