LA Fitness Complaints Continued... (Page 2)

128+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call LA Fitness corporate: 949-255-7200

I belong to the LA fitness in Cumming Ga. My problem is the Music, i personly do not like wearing head phone while im working out. The Music being played is very Pop for young people, Ive taken a close look at the membership and at least 50% of the people are over thirty five. All im asking is that since you have a very mixed Membership is that you Play a more varied Format. PLEASE consider my request and do not make me write a letter to your corporate office again.

We purchased a full year membership in Dec. 2014 for our son. On April 14, 2015 we froze the membership for the remaining year as he was not going to be home but kept it frozen in case of a change..
They informed us that it would be a 10.00 cost monthly that would be deducted from the amount we already prepaid. The balance of 186.70 would be sent via a check to our home. On Friday, a representative from LA fitness ART ID 187062 calls and tells us that he needs to process our refund of 186.70 with a new credit card number ant the full amount minus the 10.00 per month to freeze would be processed to the new card.

I told him I did not want to give my card as I was apprehensive it would be used for fraud purposes. To make sure my card was not used for any reason but a refund I called VISA and had Art on speaker assuring me that the card would not be charged only refunded. As he spoke, Visa informed me that he was charging the card 39.00 and I saw an email that said the same. Art responded " that is a generic email and you will not be charged" Visa was on the phone listening to this lie. He told me he was processing my owed refund but it would take 7 days to appear on the card. I am asking my refund be mailed to my home and that LA fitness representatives do not conduct such fraud again.

I felt because Art thought we were elderly he could take advantage and charge a card. My question is was there any intent on his part to refund my money? Or was that another scam. I want the money they owe me refunded.

LA Fitness not refunding the money citing hidden clauses which are not in the agreement. Few months ago I took PIF (Paid in Full) memnership in Irving, TX LA Fitness location. The lady who forced me signed the agreement on my behalf while I spoke to her over the phone. She said u can cancel the membership at any time. Due to my job change I relocated to Utah where no LA Fitness clubs are located. When I called them for a refund of the remaining amount they are stating we dont refund these type of memberships. I dont see any clause related to PIF membership cancellation the agreement.

I am a member of the Mt Laurel, NJ gym. On 11/5/15 I was assaulted and battered by one of the members. He goes by the name JR. He is about 6'2" tall. He weigh about 230-240lbs. I am 5'10'' and weigh 163lbs. JR was sitting on the shoulder machine. It looked like he was texting. I asked him how many sets he had to do. He said three. I said you are holding up the machine by texting. He said"does it look like I am texting"? I said yes. He then showed me his cell phone. I said I can not read that. He offered to let me work in. I told him I could not lift that weight. (4plates) I asked the guy next to him (Dom) how many sets he had. He said two. I said you guys are holding people up. I started to walk away. JR said to Dom "he's not going to do much anyway".

Excuse me I said. He got up and stepped to me. He told me what he said. He followed that with "you don't know who you are messing with"! He said" you are messing with some one who has had a bad day"! I told him that that was not might fault! He asked me if I wanted to "take it outside". I said no. Look how big you are! He then thrust his face into mine, bumping my nose! Saying "you don't know who you are messing with"! I told him that this was assault! He said "I didn't assault you mother"! Dom stepped between us and urged me to walk away. I did. JR left the machine and I went to it. Both the general manager(I am not sure of his name) and Andrew the operations manager were standing together. The gm asked the personal trainer if he knew what happened. He said no. I said to Andrew, "I can tell you if you want to know". He said "no".

I was shocked and confused!! I was scared and did not know what to do. This is very uncharacteristic of me! A friend suggested that I speak with Andrew. I have no trust in the general manager, as he has lied to me before!! Andrew had left. I asked the young man at the front desk for the phone number of the corporate office. He ask me if he could be of any service. I told him what had happened. He filled out an incident report. He was most helpful!! Since my tenure at LA Fitness, I have brought in three new members. Scott signs up for three year deals. Are you able to help me? Am I suppose to fear for my safety? Was the conduct of the management appropriate? Am I wrong to think that all the managers care about is my renewal and bring in new members? This entire affair was deplorable!!

I had an appointment in Lakewood and in order to avoid being late with traffic I decided to visit your Cerritos Del Amo location. From the minute that I walked in, I didn't get a good feeling but I thought that I would give it a try. As I walked into the woman's locker, the smell was not a pleasant one and the woman's lockers looked old and beat up. When I was done with my workout, I decided to go swimming and as I passed the showers, steam room and sauna the smell was awful of mildew. I thought it was just me and went swimming, the pool didn't smell any better and after one lap in the pool, I decided to get out of there. When I got in the showers I was so disgusted as you could not just smell the mildew but I could actually see it in the walls and got out of there and quickly change and left. Before leaving I checked the steam room, sauna and the woman's restroom and the smell was the same awful mildew smell. I normally go to the Cerritos, Alondra and the one in Fountain Valley locations which are always clean without. I always see a lady cleaning the showers, bathrooms and facility. After I left the Cerritos-Del Amo location I felt like I needed to clean my body with alcohol and a fungus spray because I couldn't take the mildew smell out of me. This is a health hazard and I can't believe that this is an acceptable sanitation standard for LA Fitness. I will NEVER set a foot in this location and will share my LA Fitness complaints with others too.

The "New" manager fired the competent old staff, ie. cleaning crew,and replaced with 'ghetto people". The club is filthy now. Gum on the floors, carpet, bleach being sprayed on counter tops and left there. Carpets in ladies locker room stinks. In a month I can't remember seeing the carpets vacuumed at all. The old crew would vacuum at least once a week. The machines are not being wiped down and dust bunnies are running all over the place.Not to mention the bad attitudes the staff have. Other'n that I'll put up with it. But that should raise their standards.

I go to Cypress Creek LA Fiitness on Andrews Avenue in Broward county. Why is some of the personal trainers so mean? Some of the employees acts unprofessionally, making comments about customers etc. I don't feel welcome when I walk in to L. A. Fitness in Cypress Creek, Broward. I love the equipment and the roomy area for stretching, but I'm thinking about switching to another gym because of the unprofessional personel.

I go to the LA fitness in Cumming Ga. The Music at this Gym is on a loop of Modern pop Music Over & Over & Over. There seems to be a Tech Problem going on with the sound. I am asking for more Variety, if you want only young people in your gym then my Friends and I will Leave.

It is time to act and respond to burning customer complaints here at LA fitness in North Brunswick Nj. It has been years we are having issues with the pool and cleanliness. No, one the water is pitch cold and jacuzzi is broken for months together. I will have to call the township or report to the township. I need a call back and a case no to follow up with the CFO.

Shower in pool area has been broken for a month with water constantly running out of it. We have regularly stopped at the desk to report it and been told, the manager knows. Talked to manager, Tim, last Friday and his reply, yea, we are waiting for it to be fixed. The water wasted is disgraceful and manager's lack of concern is worse. If the CEO is reading this, it's the LA Fitness in Broadview Illinois. This is the second time it has been broken in the last few months.

I am a businessman who travels a lot. I called since last year to cancel my membership and was told I need to be at a la fitness location to cancel. No other options was given. It is sad I was held ransoms to visit a branch in June to cancel and was charge till June without using your service. As a company in the 21st century, it is not good business ethics and lost the human factor in relationship with your members. I felt I was in a third world country in getting my cancellation. I hope someone who works for LA Fitness take action to save their company.

I wanted to share my concerns with you- I was in your club - Friday May 15- on Saint Lucie West in Port Saint Lucie FL and noticed the ceiling upstairs was dripping water. They looked as though they were ready to fall, burst full of water- I told the girl janitor this morning -I thought I heard her say "that's not my department".

Earlier this evening my boyfriend had gone to workout - he said it still wasn't fixed! I told him to go to management with it before anyone got hurt. The older bald-headed janitor came up with a ladder took care of the ceiling tiles from falling & cleaned up the area. I do have a picture - smell of mold yuck!

The cycle instructors at LA Fitness, Valencia are awesome but the techno (kidz bop type) music that management is making them use during their classes is awful!! Not only do members chose which class to attend based on time but they also consider the music each instructor plays for motivation. If the problem is song lyrics then each instructor should have their playlist approved by the manager not force them to play annoying techno covers of the top 20 teenie bopper songs. Trust me, as soon as I find a gym with cycle classes that fit my schedule, I am out of LA Fitness!!

My brother is a member at the Thorpe Bay Essex Club. He hasn't paid for a few months. He did live with me but hasn't done so for about 1 1/2 years and the letters keep coming to my address. I have emailed La Fitness already and got no reply. Now I have got a letter saying they are sending debt collectors to my address when it isn't even me that went to the gym in the first place! I have told my brother, and he said he has rang them but I still keep getting letters it's really pissing me off now!!

I sent a complaint to the Chief Executive and recorded the delivery and no one has got back to me. I am so annoyed as I sent so many emails before that and was told to send in a recorded letter ans still nothing. I am now thinking about writing to the ombudsman.

Filed complaint on Better Business Bureau regarding this company. LA Fitness forged my signature on a contract I NEVER signed. Instead of asking if it was my signature they closed my complaint. They are useless in complaint resolution c companies. Not first time they are useless.

Discriminated against by LA Fitness me due to my disability and subsequent surgery after that. Continued to harass me and retaliate against me when I stood up for my rights and reminded corporate of what ADA laws are. They do not like people who are smarter than them. Told LA Fitness corporate offices that the PCH location in Long Beach had unsafe health issues in it. They did not care. The district manager called me a liar!

I cancelled my personal training membership on 12/26/14 and LA Fitness charged me anyway on 12/29/14, but now they will not refund the money they owe me.

LA Fitness bought most of the Bally's contracts..then closed most of the Bally's Clubs. The real downer for the Bally's customers? They didn't know about the deal ahead of time--zero warning--and the first e-mail informing them of the deal also tells them where their "home" club is. That could be a dying yet still existent Bally's, or it could be an LA Fitness. In my case, it was an LA Fitness VERY far from my home. RIDICULOUS! My options? I can UPGRADE to a new LA FITNESS membership(with a new customer FEE and dues that are high than what's being taken out of my checking now under my Bally's contract---and that would give me access to LA Fitness clubs near my home..or I can cancel my membership). This is not a smooth rollover experience for the Bally's customer..it was horrible customer service for Bally's not to warn us of their deal ahead of time.

As for LA Fitness, they inherited a lot of pissed off customers in the deal. Forcing customers who previously had access to all the Bally's clubs(with no concept of a HOME club) to now commit to a home club that is far from where they live...very annoying. I predict that LA Fitness will lose most of the Bally's customers..it will not be a smooth acquisition of rollover memberships from Bally's to LA Fitness..at least not until they DROP the concept of a "home" club. Assigning a "home" club is done without any appreciation for where the Bally's member lives..and who will drive to a club they don't want to go to? If LA Fitness had simply chosen not to assign a "home" club, many Bally's customers would have welcomed the chance to pay a little more to belong to the brighter, cleaner LA Fitness clubs..who wouldn't went newer equipment and cleaner facilities?

Last friday we heard the shocking news that Ballys was bought out by LA Fitness. Whether that is a good thing, I dont know. But the thing that LA Fitness really surprised us with, was with the cancellation of the TMA (Total martial arts) program. Let me tell you what this has done. Pissed off parents, unfinished contracts with the students and the worse part is, seeing all our kids sad and crying the day Ballys and LA Fitness decided to shut down the program without any type of notice and kicking us out, including the martial arts instructor. We were all shocked, angry, and emotional because we were not just members we were a group and a family.

Over the years we the parents, students and instructors had build a relationship. LA Fitness just like that, took that away. I am PISSED not only because they shut the program down for no reason but because I had to witness a very sad scene which was my children and the children of all the other parents involved, SAD, CRYING, and what makes me sad is that they are innocent children that do not understand why the place where they loved to go and the place where they learn respect, discipline and friendship is no more. Many can say to just put them my children in another school, but it's not that simple.

I hope that who ever reads this can understand our feelings towards this issue and knows the type of business LA Fitness is about by this action they have taken. Camp out at “Occupy LA-Ballys” on Facebook and state your unified thoughts. Bally’s gave its loyal members a great example of Corporate greed and LA Fitness is providing the shaft by ending and not honoring the Bally’s fitness lifetime members contract nor any other. I was informed by the new LA Fitness staff that Bally’s has sold all of its memberships with a final expiration date ending 2012 of a calendar year (Corporate Greed), in which time all will be subject to LA Fitness new monthly rates (The Shaft.) Class Action Lawsuit.

LA fitness is complete scam organization. They treat the customer horribly. We are from India, we have put our kids in the kids club, they started discriminating us from day one. They keep on complaining about only our kids. Finally, one day their manager called me asked me to cancel the membership since my kids are crying. I asked them, its normal that some kids cry when they are left in the kids club. They keep saying only my kids are crying and they want us to cancel membership. They insisted us to cancel the membership and even ready to refund the money paid last month.

Upon joining, I wanted to get in shape. I just moved from Montreal to Ontario and decided to join a gym. I explained to (Andrew) that I dont have much cash and I DONT want to be locked into anything as I JUST moved and I am without a job. He provided a low cost membership fee. I was never informed I would have to PAY OUT a LOT. Next, I decided to take training. Again, I was never told that canceling the membership fee would NOT cancel the Training fee! I was told that I had to buy out the training fee at 50% of the term. I demand for compensation as I still have not found employment and I never saw my trainer more than twice within the 4 months of the sevice, as he would never pick up his phone. Trainer = Nijel. I'm seariously looking for my compensation as this was not what I certainly signed up for.

I usually workout at the Alsip LA Fitness culb and I like to use the suana at that location but it has been out of operation for at least 2 weeks and mamagements states that it will be another couple weeks before it’s back in operation! So today I decided to go the Burbank,ill. club and use the hot tub it’s out of order not to mention their suana was out of action last week!!

The employee am not sure if his name is Chris, he claims he is the manager. He usually is their on Thursdays. This guy is violating policy, he does his homework there, he sleeps sometimes or has his earphones on. The worst part he smells like marijuana. His eyes are literally buck shot. Someone needs to fix this a.s.a.p.

I called the Lawrenceville GA facility and inquired about adding my two exchange students to my family membership. I asked to speak with a manager and was directed to someone named China. I explained that I have two teenage exchange students staying in my house that I am responsible for this year and asked if they could be addded as Junior members to my account. China put me on hold and spoke to another manager. I was told that this was not a problem, simply bring their school enrollment papers and it would be taken care of. Upon arrival, Debbie filled out my paperwork.

Once everything was almost done, the membership manager stepped in and said no. He stated they would have to pay seperate memberships of $44 each in order to come with me to the gym. I explained that China had already approved this and he stated she was not a manger, but a front desk team member and had no authority to do so. I told him she had put me on hold for 20 minutes and spoken to another manager over her. I asked to speak with the General Manager. The membership manager left the room and returned stating he had spoke to the GM and this was not approved.

I have been in the customer service business for 25 years, once I tell my customers something, I stick by it, even if it was an error on my part or that of my employees. Their is a big difference in my paying an additional $15 and them paying $88. I was provided false information by a representative of this company and I expect them to adhere to their word. You can not tell someone one thing and then jack up the price once they arrive, this is called bait and switch and is against the law. Again, I expect this facility to do the right thing and honor the junior memberships for my two kids for the 10 months that they will be part of my household.

Have you ever seen such a poorly run fitness center as la fitness. The Huntingdon valley, PA is one of the dirtiest, poorly run, and lacking new equipment gym I have worked out in many years. All of the straight bars have a layer of rust that does not allow for easy removal of weights. Not that anyone there reracks, just gives another excuse not to. There must be some sort of health violation that the particular fitness center is seriously violating.

Could you imagine they are gettin 40.00 a month from new members and they are introduced to a DUMP! Luckily I pay 99.00 a year and I’m think that is too much latley. This is the furthest thing from turn key fitness, its more like rusty, petrified fitness if you ask me. If you looking to join a gym do not join LA Fitness Huntingdon Valley if you expect anything clean or refined. It’s really a shame.

la fitness manager unlawfully and without member’s permission, cut out the lock of the member’s locker, opened the member’s bag and searched through personal belongings, claiming that another member left her belongings in the same locker earlier. police was called, told the manager she did not handled it properly and professionally, called her an idiot but could not find a criminal intent, since nothing was missing. la fitness corporate offices could not be reached via e-mail. any suggestions?

Pasadena LA Fitness Managers, are sorely lacking in professionalism, customer service skills and basic competence. I have observed him on several occasions making aggressive sexual remarks and unwelcome physical advances towards female members. Many members–male and female–have commented that he creates an “uncomfortable and hostile gym experience” and demonstrates an appalling lack of maturity and respect for patrons. In fact, I was told by an LA Fitness employee that he is surprised the manager has not been fired. He appears painfully unaware that his hostile behavior and threatening remarks can be grounds for public complaints with the city of Pasadena, the Better Business Bureau and legal charges against LA Fitness.

Have feedback for LA Fitness?