Customer Satisfaction Results
2.05 out of 5 Stars
201 Consumer Reviews

Kohl's
Complaint Department

Kohls Corporation, dba Kohls, is a department retail chain based in the United States. There are 1,000 stores in 49 states (none in Hawaii) which employs over 140,000. Selling everything from house wares to clothing and electronics Kohls reported revenues in 2013 as US 19 million. Revenues turned down for 2014. Kohls Corporation is publicly traded on the NYSE:KSS.

To report problems or concerns you may call 1-866-887-8884 or you may address a letter to the CEO, Kevin Mansell at corporate headquarters, N5617000 Ridgeway Drive, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051. The corporate telephone number is 262-703-7000. You may also request support at the website support page.

Founded in 1946 by Maxwell Kohn as a grocery store the first merchandise store opened in 1962 at Brookfield, Wisconsin.  The company slogan is ‘expect great things’.  Both Facebook and Twitter host Kohls social media forums with contests, coupons and new brand name acquisitions.

Have you had problems with Kohl's?

Compare Kohl's to Similar Clothing Stores more...

Top 201 Reviews about Kohl's

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Kohl's customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Was in shoe department found a pair of boots I liked was looking for box couldn't find it so I took the one on display along with another pair. I was looking around store I forgot about the two different size boots I had got to check out and cashier says I got the pillows code I guess didn't think about it until I got home and looked and wow I had both the size 8 boots. I thought I was being watched I spent over hundred dollars. I'm not a thief and I don't appreciate being treated like it.

Upvote (0)

I placed this order below and found out the next day via email that it had been cancelled by your Fraud Dept for some unknown reason. A simple phone call to me and any issues Kohls had with the order would have been resolved I'm sure. I have been holding my gift cards to use on this vacuum as I was recently widowed and am supporting myself and my grand daughter on just my salary. Your Fraud Dept asked me what city I opened up this charge card?

Really? I have moved several times. Then I was asked when was the last time I used my card. Again, Really? I do not have this information at my fingertips. I have two stores I can go to and neither one is close to my zip code. I spoke with a Supervisor and it said it was unfortunate that this is a hot fraud item. The email said I had to wait 2 days to get my gift cards filled again but the coupons I used had expired. It would have been nice if the supervisor offered to reinstate the the coupons and give me something for my trouble. This is not good customer service and I am disappointed that I was not able to get my merchandise.

Upvote (0)

My boyfriend purchased a sonic clean plus spin brush for Christmas, and not even one month later I had to return it when the brush would not stop spinning till it died. When I went back all of the brushes were broken in the box(see attached), the girl at the counter was very rude and the manager was of no help, they would not give money back. All I got was an attitude and the girls were staring me down the whole time as if I should not be returning a broken product. I do not want to come in every month to waste my time returning this product.

I love khols and I loved my spin brush until it broke. My family and I have been loyal customers for a long time. When I asked, the girl said that if it broke again I would have to come in and return it every time it broke in a snarky way. I do not think I should have to keep buying broken products, and I would like my money back to get a brush of quality. I also think that maybe these employees could learn how to treat customers with respect and kindness to portray kohl's in a way it should be as if it was their own company. Thank you.

Upvote (0)

I returned a Christmas gift and the young man who processed the return suggested if I were unhappy to contact Kohls Corporate...so I am. I did not have a receipt but the tag was attached and read $50.00. I was offered a fefund of $8.00. That would mean the item was discounted by almost 85%. I find that hard to believe.This means Kohls "earned" $42.00 for nothing. I have been in retail a long time and am aware of return policies but this seems very inequitable to me. My cousin is a very smart woman and I would be gratified to know her loyalty to Kohls is not misplaced. I have been happy to share my good customer service experiences on social media. I would like to be able to add Kohls to that list.

Upvote (0)

I am writing a complaint to let it be known that customer service at the Kohl's in Havertown, 250 W Chester Pike, Havertown, PA 19083, has seriously declined to the point I will no longer shop there. I don’t know who is doing the hiring there but they are certainly not setting the bar high. I’ll give you a few examples: It’s the holidays, so I have made roughly 3 trips there since mid-December. About 2 weeks ago I was paying for my items. The female at the cash register just sat there chewing gum, very loudly, mouth open, and acting like she was doing me a favor. I was totally grossed out with her loud gum chewing and attitude. God Forbid somebody say “Hi, can I help you,” or “Thank you,” when the transition is complete.

I was in there yesterday, 01-18-16, and again, ran into store associates who could care less about anything. There was a young male standing in the men’s outerwear section. I asked if he could point me in the direction of luggage. He didn’t even look at me and stated, “Over there,” without pointing in any direction. I started at him for a second because I thought at this point maybe something was mentally wrong with him. Another young man then approached me and told me where to go.

Same day (yesterday), I am standing in line ready to check out. The one young lady at one of the registers had a huge nose ring in her nose. As I was stunned to see that a company would let their store associates who deal with customers wear anything want, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a young male standing at the end register with his finger in the air. After a few seconds I realized that this finger in the air must mean the next person.

I walked to the register with my item (a luggage set) and put it on the counter. He never said hi, or any other word. He actually just stared at me. At this point I was getting irate. After a good awkward moment of us staring at each other, he mumbled, “oh, you’re purchasing this,” which was extremely difficult for me to decipher. Why else would I have put it on the counter if I am not buying it?

I am a professional who spent $300.00 there. I don’t expect everybody to be perfect, but a few very simple things, like “Hi” or “Can I help you” or “Thank you” are not too much to ask. I don’t expect somebody to be chewing gum like a cow with an attitude or blow me off by saying “over there” without pointing to anything, or a cashier to give me a blank stare when I’m trying to check out.

Just a word of advice. If you want people who are going to spend real money shopping there, I suggest you perform a customer service make-over, because right now, it looks like there are no standards. Either pay better wages for higher quality or fire your hiring manager and hire somebody who knows what customer service is, because right now, customer service there is substandard, to say the least.

If you want Kohl’s to turn into Walmart, keep doing what you’re doing.

Upvote (0)

I was shopping on December 31, 2015 with my wife looking for some new Dockers. The men's department was a complete disaster. It looked like no one had worked in the department for weeks. It took 45 minutes to find 2 pair of pants in my size. The dressing rooms were also a disaster with a mountain of clothes in the corner and 6 to 10 articles of clothing in each changing area. I felt like I was in a thrift shop. Thrift shops don't charge $58 - $70 for a pair of Dockers. The interesting part of this experience is that the other areas of the store looked very organized. I don't think I will be going back to the North Logan Utah store.

Upvote (1)

Purchased 2 pairs of jeans and discovered when I got home I had been charged for 3 pairs. I should have been more alert while being rung up, but I was in a hurry and only noticed my savings that the clerk called my attention to. I don't blame her totally. I'm upset with customer service because of the clerks attitude. She strongly implied I wasn't being truthful and wanted to know why I didn't notice it immediately. She also questioned me about when I purchased them. She had the receipt which had the same days date. I can understand her being suspicious, but she could of handled this better. She gave me my refund, but I don't know if I will shop there again. I didn't appreciate the way I was treated.

Upvote (1)

I placed an order for Christmas gifts. I realized that I used the incorrect delivery address (former address as we moved in May 2015). So I called Kohl's customer service to change the address (3 pkgs being shipped). The order had NOT been shipped out yet so the agent said he corrected and submitted the NEW address. Next thing I receive email that pkgs are all shipped to OLD address. I call Kohl's customer service department 4 times on Dec 19. Long holds on wait with NO updates as to where I am in the Que. Finally I get through and explain my issue again. The agent says he will put me on HOLD for just a minute to get approval. After 10 minutes he has not returned to me so the system gives me the option to redial him. The system re-ring him and it goes to voice mail then hangs up.

I had been on the line for 45 minutes when I was disconnected. He never even called me back. My former neighbor was able to retrieve 2 of the pkgs. 2 of the pkgs the new home owner took back to FedEx to be returned. (I rec'd one of those....FedEx redelivered to her again) The other pkg is out to be redelivered as well. I called Customer Service today and she finally took care of me. This entire ordeal was very frustrating and the 2 agents who were no assistance at all need to find new jobs. I have worked in Customer Service and the protocol was that he should have called me back when we were disconnected. I am THANKFUL I finally got someone to assist me properly but her first line of instruction was that I had to call FedEx which I had already done and they said I had to call Kohl's.

So the run around is never fun either. Hopefully is ALL resolved now.

Upvote (0)

Received a discover card ($250) for my 25 year bonus at work. Decided to get a set of Circulon pots and pans (lame, I know). Found a great deal at Kohl's and about 4 days later the package came. Only problem was it was a set of ear buds ($25), not my pots and pans. No problem, I can live with the delay a few more days although I really wanted them for the holidays. Called customer service, I was informed that they WOULD NOT send out a new set until I either dropped that package delivered erroneously at the store or waited 3-5 extra days for a UPS label to come my then, THEN for the package to be returned and processed.

It's a week before Christmas and there is NO WAY I am going to the mall to return their screwed up order. So you are talking a few weeks at best. When I asked the lady who would know I returned the erroneous order so I could get what I actually ordered, she had no clue.Then she put me on hold FOREVER, came back and informed me they were now out of those pots and pans and I was basically out of luck. I will NEVER, EVER shop at Kohl's again. This happened once at Lands End and they apologized profusely, thanked me for being so honest and immediately shipped out the proper order. I don't get this. And nobody there seems to care.

Upvote (0)

I placed an order online for my sister n laws birthday. It was very important that she received this present, as I won't go into detail. Bottom line she did not get it and it was canceled, no explanation no notice. Needless to say I am very upset over this and I will be closing my account. This might not seem important to you but it was to me.

Upvote (0)

The rating was really a zero (0). I received two t-shirts as a gift that did not fit me and both still had the Kohl's tags attached to the merchandise. I did not have a receipt because it was a gift. I found two t-shirts that were EXACTLY the same, just a different size and all I wanted to do was swap tee shirt for tee shirt. Nope. The computer system couldn't do that. The lady at customer service could of swapped shirts. No. Instead I received $1.60 in credit. Really? I feel ripped off. All I wanted was a tee shirt that fit correctly. I recently purchased a timer from a local hardware store. I didn't work. So I went back and wanted to swap for another time, the exact same timer. So they did. Easy. Not at Kohl's.

Upvote (0)

Ordered merchandise they duplicated the order and charged e again. When I told them about it I would have to return the duplicate once I received it and then wait for the money to be returned. it hadn't even shipped yet and I noticed it 10 minutes after I placed my original order. They were rude and refused to give me my money back. Told them I would initiate a fraud claim and they laughed and said they didn't care.

The original order took forever to receive and multiple items were severly damaged. I still have not received refunds or replacements yet. The duplicate order was received but so damaged they told me to throw everything away as it had so much broken glass in it that it was dangerous to even try to take items out or to reship. Have not received my money yet for that duplicate damaged package. They then credited my account for $130.49 and then charged me twice that same amount. Could not tell me what the charge was for after being on the phone for 4 hours with them. Each instance they had me on the phone for at least 3 1/2 hours and I was disconnected and treated like dirt when I had to call them again.

I called corporate who then transferred me back to customer service even though the complaint was against customer service. I keep being harassed regarding the items I returned via Fed Ex per their instructions and I have been waiting for my money for 2 weeks. Finally I went to my bank and initiated fraud proceedings against them.

Upvote (0)

I have been a long time customer at Kohls. The other day I received a few emails about an order that I did not place. I copied and pasted just one example below. I immediately notified your fraud department and was told that no one would be allowed to use my email again. I did not know that also included me. I placed an order today only to get an email stating that Kohls cannot process my order. I called customer service again and was told that my email account was suspended and that I would have to use a different email. I do not like the way your customer service department handled this situation and I think that I have been inconvenienced more then enough. I need to know that my account and charge with Kohls is cancelled. I also no not want to receive any further emails from your store. My next email will be to the CEO of Kohl's, the corporate headquarters, and the Attorney Generals Office If I do not receive confirmation that my request is completed.

Upvote (0)

I bought two sweaters at Kohl's in Oxford, Alabama. They were for a trip to New York to visit my family. I wore one of the sweaters on my trip to the city and it shedded all over everything. Everywhere I went I left lint on the floor. I have never been so embarrassed in all my life. I couldn't wait to get that sweater off but had to wear it all day as we were in the city. They need to take all these sweaters off the shelve. I couldn't believe the poor quality of these sweaters. I returned both of them when I got home and received my money back. I told the girl behind the counter about it. She could see it for herself when she pulled the sweater out of the bag. There was lint everywhere. I am so disappointed with this store.

Upvote (0)

My ex-husband changed his e-mail address to mine. I talked to Kohl's customer support and reached Neal ID # 823K. He was not helpful at all. I was told to contact my ex-husband. There was nothing he could do to help me out. I want no part of his account at all! Kohl's support staff needs to be trained by corporate to help customers out, not give them the run around. I see more complaints in the future for this company.

Upvote (0)

The Store Manager at Kohl's suggested I placed Sonic toothbrushes on a display to get a lower price. He was very loud and stated in front of a store full of customers you cannot expect to get 139.00 dollar toothbrushes for 34.99. I showed him the display where the toothbrushes were and there were several Sonic toothbrushes on this particular display. When asked where I could find the toothbrushes on sale he stated near the luggage department. He did not try to help me locate the right toothbrushes he dismissed me as if I was a thief. He was very rude and dismissive. I had never been treated this way before and I wonder if the color of my skin had anything to do with how I was treated. I understand he is new to the Westminster Store ad several employees did not know his last name.

Upvote (0)

I am contacting Kohl's corporate in regards to a dispute and a rude manager. I went shopping Thursday evening Nov 26th. At the Kyle, TX store at the market place. I want to inform you of a few things. I have been in sales for over 12 years. I have 3-5 family members are originally from the Wisconsin area including myself whom are Kohl's card holders. I am also very intrigued by always getting the best bang for my buck. Of course concluding why i went shopping on black friday.

I was on the hunt for an Xbox 1; so i did my online research, my black friday paper hunting and decided kohls had the best deal for my dollar. I call the store after my thanksgiving dinner and was told they had 3 x box 1's left. I get to the store the store manager or employee was highly rude to me and very unhelpful just by saying your store was out of the $99 black friday tv and $299 xbox game. First alarming thing in my head if i wasnt so determined to get this system. Is for one her rude and unhelpful demeanor, 2 i would have left the store not purchasing $400 in merchandise and 3 i took initiative to go browse the store to find that both the TV and Xbox were still there.

I then have the store manager or assist manager take the items to the front, i wanted in line patiently like everyone else for 45 minutes. I get up to the front to use one of the 3 following items. My $10 off coupon, my 15% off coupon from my mail flyers and the 3rd i tried to use the 15% off online for "turkey day" The register clerk was super calm, friendly and happy and was willing to scan all three items for me. Unfortunately to tell me none of which would work on my xbox 1 item. So i go ahead and go the Kohls.com/exclusions WHICH the Xbox 1 is NOT listed in your exclusions. I asked the boy to ask the front clerk assistant what she thought, so she then in turn called the store manager.

The store manager storms up to the register i am located at disgruntled and argumentative. She is like throwing around the "electronic sign" that says its an exclusion. I explained to her that was not on the counter where i received and found the X box one, I told her in my phone on the corporate exclusions list it was not there either. She refused to look at the list on my phone and kept reiterating that this sign says no discounts. She was highly rude and did nothing for me.

I was actually about to leave the store and NOT spend $400 but my boyfriend next to me whom i was buying the christmas present for REALLY wanted it so i felt bad for him waiting an hour with me and i stubbornly bought the item without complaint as the manager eyed up me and the cashier.

I left the store feeling cheated, angry and to be honest determined that someone read my store. Never in my life out of all the years I go black friday shopping with my family has a manager made me angry and leaving the store REGRETTING what i purchased. As I said, I did my research prior to going black friday shopping the kohls cash plus the $299 for the xbox was a "good deal" but in my head the "GREATEST" deal was saving myself another $45 cash on my credit card payment due to I was POSITIVE i could have used my 15% off coupon where this item was NOT an exclusion. Otherwise, i could have went over to BEST BUY and purchased the same item for $299 PLUS got a better TV with a game for other $200 bucks.

Attached below is your electronics EXCLUDED from your coupons. There is NOT an Xbox one on it.

Upvote (0)

I am writing in regard to your new ad featuring a homosexual couple. I don't understand why every time I turn on the tv I am having the homosexual agenda shoved down my throat. Am I a hater of homosexuals? No. But anytime you speak up for traditional marriage your accused of hate rhetoric. What blows me away from a marketing standpoint is you are advertising to about 3% of our population but ignore the 70% of the Christian population. Why not do a ad about a Christian couple who raise their children in church or God forbid, a Christmas commercial that celebrates Christ's birth. maybe its time us Christian majority spoke with our pocket book.

Upvote (2)

We have spent over 2 hours trying to order and print an electronic gift card from Kohl's online and still have gotten nowhere. The incompetence of their customer service is mind-blowing. We placed the order for an online gift card and, when done, clicked on "Continue Shopping" and placed an order for a second gift card. We received an email confirming that second purchase, but none came regarding the first E-card order. After an hour the second card did come through via email and we printed it out, but still nothing came with regard to the first E-card that was ordered. The next morning we decided to try again to order the missing E-card gift card. After 2 hours we got an email saying that this order could not be placed, but gave no reason, only a telephone number to call.

When this number was called the "customer service" rep was no help, had no clue why the order was "blocked", and referred us to a second department.After 45 minutes of explaining the same situation over and over again to new personnel and still getting nowhere, we asked to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor, well-trained to listen to complaints to mollify customers, was still unable to get the order placed or be of any help other than to suggest that we "try again". Several times we were told that the E-card design was "out of stock". We explained multiple times that we didn't want a physical card (which could be "out of stock", but an electronic card (like the earlier one we got via email) that we would print out to give to the recipient; this kind of card is impossible to be "out of stock", but the incompetent staff couldn't seem to grasp this concept. The best we could do (very reluctantly) was to go online a 3rd time and place the same order yet again, having been assured that this would be "easy".

We know how easy it was for us to place the order, but Kohl's doesn't have any easy way for humans to eliminate the problems with their defective software programming. The frustration here is enormous. This leaves a bitter taste with dealing with Kohl's.

Upvote (0)

After making a purchase online to be picked up in store, I went to the store and waited in line for nearly 30 minutes (how is this easier/quicker than simply going to the store, picking out an item and then taking it to the register??). There was one employee working at the customer service counter at the time who did call for help, as well as a supervisor who came over to tell us there was more help on the way and would be with us shortly. After finally picking up the item I purchased I needed one more item in store. I got the item and went to stand in yet another long line at the front checkout. When I got up to the checker I showed her the coupon I had received in my email and had printed out online. She rudely asked if I had a Kohl's charge card. When I said no she began shaking her head so I thought that meant I couldn't use the coupon? She then scanned the coupon and of course it worked but she said nothing. So I said "Oh, so it worked without a Kohl's charge card?" She did not reply. I finished my transaction and left with a sour taste in my mouth. I have been a very good customer of Kohl's over the years but this experience irritated me enough to now take my business elsewhere.

Upvote (0)

I received in the mail, the usual monthly coupon. This month it was 30% off. Good i said to myself, I will go and buy my levi's that I need so desperately. I took me quite some time to finally locate my size, I then went to the check out line that was about 30 feet long. after about 15 mins. in line it was my turn. At which time the girl tells me, my 30% coupon is no good. Why, all of a sudden, is my coupon no good? I've been shopping there for years. Am i going to have to find another store?

Upvote (0)

I purchased $300.worth of bath towels of various sizes for Christmas gifts. I was told that I could get boxes for these in November. I went to the store on Midlothian Va. To get them today and was told kohls is not getting any boxes this year. Is this true? If so, I will return them tomorrow and shop where I can get boxes.

Upvote (5)

Being a long time customer of Kohl's, I doubt if I will be shopping there in the future. The reason? The last 2 times I went to the Huntsville, Al, store (7630 Hwy 72 W, Madison, AL 35758) the men's section was in such disarray that I couldn't even look at their slacks. The first time was bad enough, but when I went back a week later and it was even worse, it was the final straw. (See pics). This is absolutely ridiculous.

Upvote (0)

I ordered a diamond bracelet online using 3 promo codes. I forgot to check availability of store pickup so I called Kohls.com customer service. The associate checked three stores, said no then informed me she cancelled my order prior to checking. She reordered the bracelet. When my confirmation e-mail came she hadn't used all my promo codes. I called a second time, another associate told me that order had already been processed so she'd order another one with my 3 promos. When that e-mail came in, only 1 promo code! I called back. That order too had been processed.The third person went to enter the promo codes and asked me how to spell jewelry and seasons followed by you can't use those promo codes any longer. I called for the fourth time and finally someone who knew what they were doing! Kohl's has always had great customer service but I almost lost it today with such incompetence!

Upvote (0)

I submitted an order over kohls.com. 10 items ordered, 5 needed to be returned. Called and reported that the return mailing slip was missing from the invoice. After 45 minutes, rep. said that she would have UPS come and get the item. I immediately packed up and set on front porch. Two days later, package still there. Called again. After 30 mins, rep. said that UPS didn't pick up item because I hadn't answered the phone to ensure that it was on porch. Explained no one called, but he said no worries, he would resubmit and they would pick up either Friday or Monday. Today is Monday. No pick-up. Called customer service, was told UPS would be coming. She couldn't find any information, but was sure they would be there. When asked when, she said UPS would email when they got the item. Explained I have never received anything from UPS and didn't think this was right. Asked for manager, declined. 30 minutes later, called back, rep. on phone said I couldn't return items; 7 days had passed. Explained I had been on phone for over hours over the last week and needed someone to take care of this. Asked for manager. After 40 minutes on hold, hung up. I spend over $1000 year at Kohl's. Never shopping there again.

Upvote (0)

I received an email stating that I had $10 Kohl's Cash. I checked my Kohl's app, and was given a message stating that I had been locked out. I called in, and finally managed to navigate through your inefficient phone system to reach "Terry". I explained the us due, gave him the information headed for, and was told there was no email associated with that account,seven though I just got two emails to that email address today. Then he realized he had put my name and email in incorrectly, because he could barely speak English. He put me on hold repeatedly, and finally I asked for a customer service supervisor. He said "No, I am resolving your issue". After several more minutes, more holds and again being told there was no email, I again asked for a supervisor and was told there was not one there. I hung up, and called back five minutes later. I got agent Amanda, who determined that there were two accounts that were not synced. She synced them, cleared up the email problem and explained that because of high volume my Kohl's cash would show up in my wallet in a day or two. Five minutes, vs twenty. You need to move your call centers to the States, or hire people who can understand English. It is VERY frustrating to repeat the same information over and over to people who just don't get it, and do not know how to do their job.

Upvote (0)

I can not understand why people even order Kohl's online. I recently made a two item purchase from Kohl's and both items were defective, My mirror has a chip on the glass and my photo screen which was $249 looks like it came from a garage sale. The screws were stripped and pulled apart and where the screws are the wood is cracked in two places (2 inch cracks). $249? I will not return these items but I will probably NEVER order online again and hopefully you can help with a little credit to my bill. The screen is really to heavy and bulky for me to return. Not a happy Kohl's customer. (I can send you a picture if you want to see the damage).

Upvote (0)

My daughter and I was doing my Christmas shopping yesterday. After paying for my merchandise, I was informed that Koh;l' s was not giving out Boxes anymore. They said the reason was that customers were taking more boxes than they needed. I think that a good way to keep this from happening is to make people show their receipt and then take care of the issue. Why should we all have to be punished for a few people. I will do my shopping elsewhere when I have to purchase a lot of presents from now on unless they start to give more consideration to this issue. I would have left all the purchases there and gone elsewhere but I had spent several hours deciding what to buy . This was at New Albany Kohl's in Columbus Ohio.

Upvote (0)

The woman named Lydia in customer service at the Silverdale, WA store is very rude to customers. Kohl's advertises that they will gladly take returns with or without a receipt. I always save my receipts to make it easier. But Lydia always acts like it is a big bother for her to do returns. She is very slow doing them and even opens packages that are factory sealed to look inside while there is a long line behind waiting. She assumes there is something wrong with everything when there isn't. She makes us not want to purchase anything at Kohl's knowing she will treat us badly.

Upvote (0)

I have shopped at Kohl's for many years and have always been satisfied until now. This time I have a complaint. I want the coupons to be more clear on what they really mean. The one for this month had 2 dates (one for getting $10 back on spending $50) and another for using a coupon ....30% etc.

It was very confusing as to what dates to use what. After I was rung up, the salesgirl told me I could have gotten $10 back if I spent $50. That was not made clear on the coupon. What I understood was something completely different because the coupon was not clear.

I am very unhappy that I missed out on the $10 because I didn't realize I could do that according to the date. Also the coupon led me to believe that I could not get 30% off and also receive $10 back. I want this to be changed so it will be more clear in the future.

To say the least, I am really disappointed that this happened. Please change the information on the coupon so it will be clearer for your customers. The salesgirl told me I was not the only one complaining about this. I would like to see a change for the better in the future.

Upvote (3)

On April 11 at 12.21 p.m. I was shopping Koh'ls with 2 friends. I proceeded to checkout along with them. My coupon had expired, and I asked the young boy if he had a coupon to help us out. Of course he said no. When I got home I told my daughter and another friend about this and they both said how they were always given a 15% discount if no coupons at the time. I had only spent $37.06 but both my friends spent over $60.00 each. I wonder if we had gone to another cashier if we would've saved some money. He was not the nicest and I did not receive the bar code coupon with your email address, maybe because he didn't want me to reply.

My ID# on my sales receipt is 999=9588-7841-9991-8777-6380 Is it up to the discretion of each cashier to give discounts or was he unfamiliar or just not a nice employee. I shop Kohl's all the time and found him to be rude.

Upvote (0)

I bought a pair of sunglasses that never made it in the bag. I called the store that I bought the sunglasses from and the lady I was talking to said that she would check the cameras and then get back to me. I have yet to receive a call from Kohl's and it's been weeks. I have the receipt and I would like to get the sunglasses that I bought or I would like my money back and a gift for gong through all of this trouble. If I am not satisfied with the results I will simply never shop at your store again. I make a lot of money and I buy at least two dresses every month. I liked some of your merchandise and we spend well over $100 on our last trip; it very well could have been the last oneI will not contact Kohl's again about this matter. If it is not resolved I will be contacting the BBB. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Upvote (0)

First I would like to say I am a loyal customer of Kohl's and shop there frequently. On Saturday the 18th I purchased a dress for my daughter for a honors banquet that would be held on April 22. When I got home to get her ready I had found that the ink thing that they put on clothes had been left on. In a mad dash I had to drive an hour to your closest store to have it removed. This in turn made my daughter late for her banquet that she was so looking forward to going to and almost didn't get to wear her new dress.Though I do know mistakes happen this isn't the first time that this has happened in your store. I did call customer service who basically told me what I already knew which was to drive an hr there to have it removed. Like I said earlier I am a loyal customer and do like your reasonable prices expecially with two younger children. Just very dissatisfied that this has happened more than once at your store.

Upvote (0)

I went into Kohls department store in Grandville, MI (Rivertown Crossing Mall) and the lady who worked April 11, 2015 between 5:00pm and 5:30pm at the customer service desk for returns is prejudice.

I had stood in line and a Caucasian family walked up behind me and she told the person behind me that she's helping them. So my grand daughter who is 8 years old had to see her actions. When she finished with the customer who were standing behind me, she would not help me she continue to straighten up items behind the counter. I continue to stand in line with my grand daughter. We stood there until another family came behind us and then she says I will help the person whom next.

By that time I'm heated and my grand daughter is telling me its because we black the white lady wont help us, she aint right. When I do come to the counter I do not give her eye contact I told her I'm returning and want my money with base in my voice, and when she gives me my receipt I took it out of her hand to indicated to her by my behavior I did not like the way she treated me in front of my young grand daughter. I would never go back into that store knowing she work there I do not support. I give Kohl's a 0-zero if possible for having people who has a problem with African Americans and treat me like --- and shows their behavior in front of a young 8 year old who has to see that kind of behavior. I hate people who are racist and show it. Kids pick up on adult behavior and thank God she knows what's right and wrong and your customer service behavior is wrong from a 8 year old child.

Then you had one customer service person seen me standing in line and just left and went on break. But that's how you run your business don't satisfy or help the customers before going on break leave them standing for 20 minutes or until someone who is not racist willing to help a African American person. But nope your customer service representative will call the person who is not black to come in front of the black person and take their poor time with them as if they the only one at the counter and then when finish with the customer ignore us. I'm very upset at your representative and the employer you hired. Like I said it will take years before I go back into that store and I hope she quits or be fired before I spend another $1 in Kohl's store. Cutting my credit card up.

Upvote (0)

I just e-mailed you on the aerosole sandals that you can only get on line. Found them at Penny's and they are not just on line and for $39.99. Much less than yours and no shipping charges. You can look on line if you would like. I will be going to Penny's sometime this week. They are the A2 Aerosoles Wiplomacy slide wedge sandals. At least I will know if they fit and feel good on my feet and for less money. I am glad I looked.

Upvote (0)

This is not really a complaint but it is. I am looking at the A2 Aerosoles Wiplomacy Slide Wedge Sandals for awhile and I relay like them. I have problems with my feet and I always need to try them on. Why can't you have them in the store so I can try on? They are only bought on line and if they don't fit it is such a hassle returning, etc. Shoes are meant to be tried on. I will have to check with other stores to get a pair of sandals because its just not good for me to buy something that I have no idea if its going to be good on my feet. I have noticed in your Champaign store you shoe department has gone Downhill Badly!!! I am so unimpressed and my sister and friend were with me and they agreed. They say they go elsewhere to get there shoes anymore. I really like those shoes but I WILL go elsewhere if I cannot try them on. Thank you for your time.

Upvote (0)

Went in to buy a few items with my 30% coupon checking out handed the cashier my coupon and she told me it was expired. I couldn't believe that I had the date wrong and told her I see 4-4 as the date, she said oh I'm sorry that is the wrong date it's the one inside Really now I shop a lot at the store I missed it by one day, asked the store manager to honor it seeing the date I checked should have stated it clearly it was for another offer, No I was told that the prices were now changed back to reflect regular savings. Hum? Do I get this right khols lost a good sale 2 pares of 80.00 sneakers and shorts and four tee shirts. I'm guessing a 200 plus sale with a savings of 30% Khols got neither and Me a bad taste in my mouth too bad enjoyed shopping there!

Upvote (0)

I went to kohls this evening with my kohls cash to make a purchase. I had a coupon, kohls cash, and a discount coupon. I was told I couldn't use the coupon, ok. Then I handed the cashier my gift card that I have 62.00 on. She said I needed to use my charge card to get the 20 percent savings. I said I don't want to charge and I handed her the gift card again. She got angry and demanded I give her my charge card. I cursed at her and left without any of the items. I lost my 10.00 kohls cash due to a cashier that was rude. I have never had any problems at kohls before. I could not believe this happened

Upvote (0)

For the last payment attemps something changed on my kohl's account which is no longer allowing me to make online payments using my checking account via mykholscharge account. It seems as making payments from mykholscharge has changed slightly , and your database needs to be updated. I spoke to Gabriele I.D.#2058 on 3/26/2015 @about 11:00a.m. est, but she was not knowledgeable or willing to help me find a way to get my problem fixed by someone else. I explained to her about the problem I was having making the payment and that it would be affecting my credit and all she was concerned about was having me pay with another form of payment. I told her to please log the call, and she stated she did under ticket #5330. I just want to continue using my checking account # that I have used for the last 6 years . Now my payments are now being late and something needs to be done to fix this, when I spoke to Gabriele, she told me that there was no way to fix this issue, her answer is unacceptable.... I need this problem fix, so please help or direct me to who in your company can fix this?

Upvote (0)

I just had an awful experience with Khol's credit card service. I accidentally made two payments within the same billing cycle which cleared from my account. I called to inquire about getting my money back and was told that since it cleared my account there was no way to refund me my money. I was not very happy knowing that I have balanced my checkbook accordingly to cover the spread of all my bills with not much left over. I explained to the representative and the supervisor on duty that I need the credit back so I can pay the rest of my bills. The response that I got was they were sorry, but I am not able to get my money back. The rep. told me that I should be glad that I payed extra for the month because I am paying my bill down faster. Really?!, but how can I pay my other bills if I allow Khol's to take my money? The supervisor told that if I request for the money back I would be charged a returned check fee of $25 on top of the fact that my payment does not go towards the next billing cycle. This is a load of crap!

I asked for her bosses name so I could file a complaint or at least a different number for customer complaints. She instead gave me an address to write to a P.O. Box. I am very disappointed that this is how Khol's handles issues. This is very sneaky and untrustworthy actions to me. There is not even an email address you can write to and at least walk away with the satisfaction that you know someone should read this complaint. I am NEVER shopping at Khols and telling others my negative experience with them. I would rate their process a 0. I am not a happy customer and their customer service is extremely poor.

Upvote (0)

Why cant I use my Kohls cash after date? STOP giving out the Kohls cash if you only have a week to use it. I did my shopping and now gave me $40 cash and $30 on line which I did not receive! I think you need to refund me the cash or allow everyone to use the Kohls cash within the month. Its a Joke..

Upvote (0)

I called on 3/19/15 to ask why I was charged $25 for a late fee. The person told me I didn't pay on my due date of 3/14/15. I explained that I didn't realize that I missed the payment. I said I had never missed a payment (in full) and asked if the $25 could be deleted. She said no--that I was late and that was the price. I have a friend who was surprised that it wasn't removed because she had missed payments on time a few times and always had the penalty cost removed. That's few times vs. once. She, I do not know her name, was very cold and not friendly. I've always had very good contact with your office people and store clerks and it has always been my favorite place to shop.

Upvote (0)

I took my 2 daughters summer clothes shopping. First off, my oldest daughter is plus size & they had absolutely no clothes for her short of going to the womens department. The real problem started when I checked out, the girl at the checkout wasn't friendly at all, not a big deal but when my bill came to $240.00 I swiped my Kohls charge card which I haven't used in probably a couple years. She says to me that my card will not work & has to get a manager, manager comes over & asks me if I have a newer card? Well if I had a newer card I'm pretty sure I would have used it first, I tell him no, I have not received a new card. He then walks away from us & the cashier says just stares at me, I thought maybe the manager was coming back, that maybe he was getting me a credit form to fill out for a new card but he didn't come back. I said ok, I guess I'll pay with a different card! I was shocked that they didn't take the time to offer me a new card or fill out an application for a new card, instead I feel like I was looked down at for not having a new card.

Upvote (3)

I had a bad experience with customer service twice in the same store. I never felt so uncomfortable going in a store,. I will not be going back Madison East, Madison, WI. They said they would talk to the young lady and that was it. I will shop online and that's it. I never go to that store again.

Upvote (2)

I was at the Ahwatukee store in Arizona on Sunday 03/15/15 to use my 30% coupon for three Easter baskets for my children after waiting in line for 16 minutes I was told I could not use my coupon for Easter baskets or on consumable products as of January 2015. I mention to the Manager that the coupon does not indicate this as an exclusions. She said "sorry its our new policy". With no further consideration or concern about customer service satisfaction I was told "I could not use the coupon". I left without buying the baskets and left my useless coupon with the clerk. After leaving I called the store's customer Service and spoke with "Sam" and he said "I could use the coupon for Easter Baskets as far as he knows." This made me even more frustrated that customer service does not even know the policies of coupons. So then I called the Corporate customer service and they also was not helpful they said its the discretion of the store manager. So I guess its depends on the mood of the manager at the time of the situation. I am done with Koh'ls and so is my family. I was a very devoted and loyal customer until this happen.

Upvote (2)

I received a belt for Christmas my husband bought at Kohl's. He paid cash. The sticker price was $28. The belt had silver trim which after less than 10 times wearing the trim was coming off, poor quality merchandise. Took to Kohl's on Havana in Aurora, CO to exchange today. The same belt was not available in my size. Found a belt for $30 I liked and went to customer service. Was told without a receipt, which I didn't keep because I didn't expect it fall apart in 2 months I was told I could only receive a $6 credit even though the exact same belt is not on clearance and not selling fort that price. I was also told I could not pay the $2 difference, I had to get another $28 belt or settle for $6. I didn't like any of the $28 belts but took one anyway.

I asked if there was a 800 number I could call, was given the credit card number. After 15 minutes on the phone with them was told nothing could be done since it wasn't purchased on my credit card and that there was no other number to call. I informed him that I did not think every person in the world has a Kohl's credit card and if you pay in cash there is no one you can speak to? He did give me corporates number finally whom I fully intend to call. I have been a long time Kohl's customer, I do have a credit card, and have spent thousands of dollars over the years there. I wouldn't expect a belt to fall apart so fast to begin with, went out of my way today to try to get a new belt that I like, which now I have a ugly $28 belt, and spent my time calling and writing and I'm really upset. You may be losing a long time customer. If they had let me buy the $30 belt I would of been satisfied. It's not my fault the other one was a piece of junk! In my opinion they should of just let me trade.

Upvote (0)

How dare you...send an email to qualify for 100 dollar credit card but must answer a few simple questions? Too much personal information that I bailed out well before the end. Within minutes I was hammered with a slew of unwanted emails from companies based on the damn information your questionnaire required to complete the survey. Do me a favor...cancel my Kohl's card and I'll take my business to Walmart across the street.

Upvote (0)

Would not even give one star but did not have a option for no stars.My Daughter and I both are Kohls card holders,and we buy often at kohls.I buy most of my Grand Babys clothes at the Anderson,S.C store.My daughter went in store to buy some things for her baby and she was followed around the store like a criminal.She asked for a Manager and the staff in the store claimed they did not know his name,Finally the Mananger was called and he denied that they were followed around the store but quickly changed his mind when he found out from one of his on staff that it was true.Some guy even said we should call police, my daughter said you should so I can prove harrassment from this store. This is no way to treat people so I hope other people will read this and respond,because the manangement and staff at the Anderson S.C store should all be replaced with people who know how to treat people.This happened in front of other customers so we do have witnesses to this horrible sterotyping. Something needs to be done about this store.!!!!

Upvote (0)

I purchased some shoes for my son for school and I never recieved them nor had i recieved an email or phone call that thery were not shipped and there was a problem . But the money was taken off my credit card. I called a day after the date that i was to have recieve the shoes and was told there was an ERROR IN SHIPPING and that i could reorder them and get the same 20% off . Well of course the shoes are no longer available. And my son is sneaking his sisters shoes to wear to school because his have not came and will not be coming . In the mean time I have to break up the sibbling rivary over shoes and take my son back to KOHLS to pick out another pair . That is such an inconvience and disappointing to my child .

Upvote (0)

on Sept. 27th I placed an online order with Kohls - which I have done many times. The order clearly states my package will arrive between Oct.2 and Oct.8. When I did not get it by Oct.9, I call customer service. I was told that it went from Fedex to the Post office, where it was now - wrong, I had just come from the Post Office, but went back again as something that I ordered I needed TODAY and would not have ordered at all if it wasn't guarenteed to be here. The person that I spoke to ask me if I would like to reorder??? that wouldn't help much for today either! So now they have charged me but I still don't have my order.

Contact the Kohl's Complaint Department