Customer Satisfaction Results

Kohl's

Complaint Department

Posted by Complaints Department on Feb 16, 2015

Store 983 , 7812 3907 5577 2905
I'm not one to normally complain, but this experience was so bad that i felt I had to take the time to inform Kohls. Claire should not be in customer service. She should not be behind the counter helping customers. She should be stocking shelves instead. She accused me of lying and was unprofessionally rude to me as well as the kohls gentleman that was assisting me with the kiosk as I was having trouble. Every other kohls employee was helpful and professional except for Claire. She was sarcastic and even threw my kohls cash coupon at me. I was so highly disappointed with this visit that I didn't even get to use the kiosk to finish my purchase to use my kohls cash and coupon discounts. Claire was unwilling to help me with my dilemma. I left feeling very disappointed.

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Kohl's provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Kohl's?

Compare Kohl's to Similar Clothing Stores more...

More Kohl's Complaints

Customer Rating

I took my 2 daughters summer clothes shopping. First off, my oldest daughter is plus size & they had absolutely no clothes for her short of going to the womens department. The real problem started when I checked out, the girl at the checkout wasn't friendly at all, not a big deal but when my bill came to $240.00 I swiped my Kohls charge card which I haven't used in probably a couple years. She says to me that my card will not work & has to get a manager, manager comes over & asks me if I have a newer card? Well if I had a newer card I'm pretty sure I would have used it first, I tell him no, I have not received a new card. He then walks away from us & the cashier says just stares at me, I thought maybe the manager was coming back, that maybe he was getting me a credit form to fill out for a new card but he didn't come back. I said ok, I guess I'll pay with a different card! I was shocked that they didn't take the time to offer me a new card or fill out an application for a new card, instead I feel like I was looked down at for not having a new card.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I made a purchase of $l6.47 on 12/20/2014. Received my bill for this on after the closing date of 1/20/15 stating the due date of 1/15/15. Number one I don't understand the due date? Today I received my bill showing you charged me $15.00 late fee, what is going on? I understand $1.00 maybe for interest but $15.00 service fee, I am retired and pay my bills the 1st of each month after ss is received. Needless to say I was quite upset to see this charge on my bill of $15.00 late fee. You need to get your dates in order, always thought you had 30 days after receiving a bill to get it paid, in this case it wasn't so., I have mailed my $16.47 along with my cut up card and you can take your late fee and put it you know where. I refuse to pay nothing more than what I owe, sue me if you want. Word will be passed around about your procedures.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I had a bad experience with customer service twice in the same store. I never felt so uncomfortable going in a store,. I will not be going back Madison East, Madison, WI. They said they would talk to the young lady and that was it. I will shop online and that's it. I never go to that store again.

Customer Rating

I was at the Ahwatukee store in Arizona on Sunday 03/15/15 to use my 30% coupon for three Easter baskets for my children after waiting in line for 16 minutes I was told I could not use my coupon for Easter baskets or on consumable products as of January 2015. I mention to the Manager that the coupon does not indicate this as an exclusions. She said "sorry its our new policy". With no further consideration or concern about customer service satisfaction I was told "I could not use the coupon". I left without buying the baskets and left my useless coupon with the clerk. After leaving I called the store's customer Service and spoke with "Sam" and he said "I could use the coupon for Easter Baskets as far as he knows." This made me even more frustrated that customer service does not even know the policies of coupons. So then I called the Corporate customer service and they also was not helpful they said its the discretion of the store manager. So I guess its depends on the mood of the manager at the time of the situation. I am done with Koh'ls and so is my family. I was a very devoted and loyal customer until this happen.

Customer Rating

I am 63 and my mom is 87 and we shop at kohls in faifield ct. they have no carriages. How do they expect us to buy anything. I cant put stuff in a plastic carry , how do you fit anything in there. Most old people also need carriages to walk better when they are purchasing. You are going to lose customers if your carriage problem is not resolved. I have walked out of kohls twice now because they dont have carriages. I have noticed that other kohls customers walking around in the store are griping about the same problem. please look into this matter, thank you!

Customer Rating

Kohl’s in Livermore CA has a terrible reputation for calling out there Loss Prevention Employee’s if they see more than two African American customers shopping together. One item I picked without trying on and clearly on there store camera took directly to the cashier at the checkout to pay for gets a call from another Kohl’s employee who directer her to look up the price the clearance skirt I was purchasing, who then informed me that the skirt was not the listed clearance tag price that was attached to the freaking skirt and not tampered with!!!!!! embarrassing me and my family not to mention the two kids i treated to their first kohl”s shopping day!!!!!

I then calmly took the item to customer service and asked for a manager. The CR then brought over a teen who she tried to pawn on me as a manager! I calmly told them I knew the cashier and she was not a manager so please call over a manager, as they both giggled. A guy approached and said that they were not going to give me the skirt for the listed tagged price and ripped the tag off and said ” you wouldn’t believe the stuff that you people bring back here!!!!!! i was blown away and totally blindsided by the blatant racially charged comment. i had family and kids shopping with me through this horrible shopping experience so i kept a smile, paid full price for the skirt and kept it classy even though i was passed offended and three steps passed livid!

i have never in my 35 years of life experienced such ignorance as i am of biracial ethnicity, but show more features of my African American heritage, that i am as equally proud of. as i left the store there was a crowd of employees waiting by the door as if i was going to go postal, starring and whispering as we left! i am a child of god and have never harmed a fly and don not loose my cool easily, but i can see how if i was the type of ignorant person they prejudge and treated me like how this incident could have went another way as my dignity was taken away. i love deals and coupons, but i will shop full price elsewhere before i ever step foot in kohl’s ever, ever again!

no where, no how, not another city, nor state…i’m done. i am one customer and to a big corporation like kohl’s i know it does not matter, but with there blatant, out right, unfair practices of doing business i hope others will catch on and take the time out to report these instances of in your face ignorance and force them to play ball on an even court!

Customer Rating

For the last payment attemps something changed on my kohl's account which is no longer allowing me to make online payments using my checking account via mykholscharge account. It seems as making payments from mykholscharge has changed slightly , and your database needs to be updated. I spoke to Gabriele I.D.#2058 on 3/26/2015 @about 11:00a.m. est, but she was not knowledgeable or willing to help me find a way to get my problem fixed by someone else. I explained to her about the problem I was having making the payment and that it would be affecting my credit and all she was concerned about was having me pay with another form of payment. I told her to please log the call, and she stated she did under ticket #5330. I just want to continue using my checking account # that I have used for the last 6 years . Now my payments are now being late and something needs to be done to fix this, when I spoke to Gabriele, she told me that there was no way to fix this issue, her answer is unacceptable.... I need this problem fix, so please help or direct me to who in your company can fix this?

Customer Rating

I just had an awful experience with Khol's credit card service. I accidentally made two payments within the same billing cycle which cleared from my account. I called to inquire about getting my money back and was told that since it cleared my account there was no way to refund me my money. I was not very happy knowing that I have balanced my checkbook accordingly to cover the spread of all my bills with not much left over. I explained to the representative and the supervisor on duty that I need the credit back so I can pay the rest of my bills. The response that I got was they were sorry, but I am not able to get my money back. The rep. told me that I should be glad that I payed extra for the month because I am paying my bill down faster. Really?!, but how can I pay my other bills if I allow Khol's to take my money? The supervisor told that if I request for the money back I would be charged a returned check fee of $25 on top of the fact that my payment does not go towards the next billing cycle. This is a load of crap!

I asked for her bosses name so I could file a complaint or at least a different number for customer complaints. She instead gave me an address to write to a P.O. Box. I am very disappointed that this is how Khol's handles issues. This is very sneaky and untrustworthy actions to me. There is not even an email address you can write to and at least walk away with the satisfaction that you know someone should read this complaint. I am NEVER shopping at Khols and telling others my negative experience with them. I would rate their process a 0. I am not a happy customer and their customer service is extremely poor.

Customer Rating

Why cant I use my Kohls cash after date? STOP giving out the Kohls cash if you only have a week to use it. I did my shopping and now gave me $40 cash and $30 on line which I did not receive! I think you need to refund me the cash or allow everyone to use the Kohls cash within the month. Its a Joke..

Customer Rating

I called on 3/19/15 to ask why I was charged $25 for a late fee. The person told me I didn't pay on my due date of 3/14/15. I explained that I didn't realize that I missed the payment. I said I had never missed a payment (in full) and asked if the $25 could be deleted. She said no--that I was late and that was the price. I have a friend who was surprised that it wasn't removed because she had missed payments on time a few times and always had the penalty cost removed. That's few times vs. once. She, I do not know her name, was very cold and not friendly. I've always had very good contact with your office people and store clerks and it has always been my favorite place to shop.

Customer Rating

I received a belt for Christmas my husband bought at Kohl's. He paid cash. The sticker price was $28. The belt had silver trim which after less than 10 times wearing the trim was coming off, poor quality merchandise. Took to Kohl's on Havana in Aurora, CO to exchange today. The same belt was not available in my size. Found a belt for $30 I liked and went to customer service. Was told without a receipt, which I didn't keep because I didn't expect it fall apart in 2 months I was told I could only receive a $6 credit even though the exact same belt is not on clearance and not selling fort that price. I was also told I could not pay the $2 difference, I had to get another $28 belt or settle for $6. I didn't like any of the $28 belts but took one anyway.

I asked if there was a 800 number I could call, was given the credit card number. After 15 minutes on the phone with them was told nothing could be done since it wasn't purchased on my credit card and that there was no other number to call. I informed him that I did not think every person in the world has a Kohl's credit card and if you pay in cash there is no one you can speak to? He did give me corporates number finally whom I fully intend to call. I have been a long time Kohl's customer, I do have a credit card, and have spent thousands of dollars over the years there. I wouldn't expect a belt to fall apart so fast to begin with, went out of my way today to try to get a new belt that I like, which now I have a ugly $28 belt, and spent my time calling and writing and I'm really upset. You may be losing a long time customer. If they had let me buy the $30 belt I would of been satisfied. It's not my fault the other one was a piece of junk! In my opinion they should of just let me trade.

Customer Rating

How dare you...send an email to qualify for 100 dollar credit card but must answer a few simple questions? Too much personal information that I bailed out well before the end. Within minutes I was hammered with a slew of unwanted emails from companies based on the damn information your questionnaire required to complete the survey. Do me a favor...cancel my Kohl's card and I'll take my business to Walmart across the street.

Customer Rating

Would not even give one star but did not have a option for no stars.My Daughter and I both are Kohls card holders,and we buy often at kohls.I buy most of my Grand Babys clothes at the Anderson,S.C store.My daughter went in store to buy some things for her baby and she was followed around the store like a criminal.She asked for a Manager and the staff in the store claimed they did not know his name,Finally the Mananger was called and he denied that they were followed around the store but quickly changed his mind when he found out from one of his on staff that it was true.Some guy even said we should call police, my daughter said you should so I can prove harrassment from this store. This is no way to treat people so I hope other people will read this and respond,because the manangement and staff at the Anderson S.C store should all be replaced with people who know how to treat people.This happened in front of other customers so we do have witnesses to this horrible sterotyping. Something needs to be done about this store.!!!!

Customer Rating

I was at Kohls on 11/14/12 at 6:47 p.m. trying to exchange a a pair of shoes that didn't fit a student at the school I work at. Our school was kind enough to purchase a pair of shoes for him and they had recently been purchased by a co-worker of mine. 2 Representatives were unable to help me after waiting in 3 lines and approximately 40 minutes KAREN who worked at Lino Lakes, MN 55014 Kohls became agitated when I told her "I just need a damn pair of size 5 shoes, I don't care what shoes they are." I was getting very frustrated by this point, all I wanted to do was EXCHANGE shoes and had been unsuccessful through many different avenues already. She immediately said she would not be swore at and called on the radio for an assistant manager. I said "please do call a manager I would appreciate that." KAREN became more and more agitated and she said "I just suddenly lost my 4 month old granddaughter, I don't have to take anything from you and I do not deserve to be swore at by you" I stated "today you do for how you are treating me you do deserve it" As the assistant manager Megan was walking over Karen went past the gate CHARGED me, knocking over 2 of the portable barricade line former's one of them hitting my left leg, yelling "FUCK YOU and FUCK what you said to me. My granddaughter just died so FUCK YOU." Megan (manager) witnessed the entire event, I am also guessing it was on camera (I hope it is to witness her actions towards me). Karen charged me, threatened me, swore at me shook me up really badly. I was treated with the UTMOST disrespect and am considering filing a assault charge with the Police Department against Karen that worked at the Lino Lakes Kohls. The manager encouraged me NOT to call the police and to call Chuck the Store Manager, however Chuck was not in and will not be in for 2 days. Megan stated that she could give me 30% off my purchase. I felt that was completely irrelevant and an insult to me. I was assaulted by one of your employees. If I had not kept my cool, it could have turned disastrous. I am still very shook up by the entire incident and would very much appreciate communication back ASAP. There were 20+ witnesses to the event. Being run down and assaulted by a customer service representative is NOT acceptable on ANY level. The fact that Karen had a grandchild that died is really too bad. I am sorry for her and her family, however it has NOTHING to do with customer service and exchanging shoes. Karen turned this personal. In the end Megan was able to excahnge the shoes in under a minute, it was a simple task. Karen SHOULD NOT have been at work, and SHOULD NOT have been in a customer service role at Kohls.

I would appreciate a prompt response to this matter.

Maren Badger
maren.badger@gmail.com
651-278-6372 (cell)
651-483-1974 (home)

Customer Rating

Cancel my card cause I will never shop your store again. Just the way you handle your credit card customers when it concerns late payments is absurd. I made the biggest mistake in getting a credit card thru you. The damage is done....better off without your piddly card. All for a credit line of $100.00. Boo. I have never been harassed as I have been by a department store as I have with Kohl's. 20-30 calls a day. Dang shame I have to put my phone on silent or reject calls. My boss is so pleased that my phone rings all day long while I am at work. So much for emergency calls only at work. Your emergency.....my $100.00 dollar credit account. Kiss my @ss Kohl's!

Customer Rating

I received a call from a collection agency for Tina L. Williams, my maiden name They stated that I owed Kohl's $263.00 for an outstanding balance on a credit card account. This was a shock since I am and have been current with all my bills. I don't remember seeing any bill or correspondence from Kohl's for at least the last 2 years. The collection agency couldn't provide much information as to the nature of the charge and recommended that I call Kohl's. Kohl's also couldn't provide any information and referred me back to the collection agency. The collection agency then refused to show any statement itemizing the charge. So, after being treated as a criminal for trying to identify the debt, I am forced to pay the debt without any explanation as to why I owe this money. What a great racket! I take great pride in my responsibility and honesty to pay for what I purchase. All I wanted was someone to show me why they thought I owed the balance, and if valid, gladly pay the amount. Unfortunately, at Kohl's and Progressive Financial Services, there are no other possibilities other than being guilty of trying to steal and rip everybody off. I paid, not because someone from Kohl's or Progressive Financial Services courteously contacted me and explained that perhaps a bill fell through the cracks, but because of possible consequences to my credit record that I built up and take great pride in. I have no interest in shopping nor maintaining any relationship with a business that has no desire nor time to communicate with its customers and automatically assumes that its customers are trying to rip them off. Please make sure that my account is closed as I do not want you to profit from me with trumped up charges in the future.

To Whom It Concerns:

I love shopping at our local Kohl's in Niles, Ohio except for one thing....the temperature in that store is too high!!. It is so uncomfortablly hot in that store beginning around the end of August (guessing when the heat is turned on) and on until summer (when A/C comes on) that I have had to leave before I wanted to because I felt sick from being overheated. I have complained a few times at the register and have gotten the same response....."we hear that all of the time." The last time I was there, I mentioned it to the clerk, who said the same thing in response, and I told her I was surprised nothing was being done about it. She told me that it most likely was because the complaints never went further than that store and never got to corporate. That is why I am sending this complaint to you. You have to be losing business at this store because it is so hot in there during the fall and winter months that no one can stand it. I have seen people wiping sweat off of their faces while shopping in there. It is also foolish to spend so much money on overheating the place. I hope that you will look into this because I am tired of having to cut my shopping short due to the store temperature.

Thank you!

Mary L. Bble

P.S. My 19-year-old daughter also complains of how hot it is in there, so it is not just me or my age.

Customer Rating

I made a 251.40 payment to my Kohl's credit account. 7 days later after me calling you saying it haven't gone through with my bank you say it's my banks fault. I call my bank and they say no, you haven't even tried to ask for the check. Now I am getting charged a check fee when I have over 700.00 in my account.

Now I make a second payment online at Kohl's (251.40) three days ago, I call my bank and they are saying you still haven't requested the check, but online just as last time you are saying everything went through fine. I want this looked into to make sure your people over the phone do take my payment correctly.

If I get charged any more fees for your mess up or you report this to the credit bureaus I will file a lawsuit. I have records of my calls to you everyday for the past week regarding my account and your customer service people assuring me that it will be fine when it's not.

Please call or email me back so I can get this finalized.

Customer Rating

I just visited the Kohls in Plainville, CT and waited at least 10 minutes in a check out line with one customer because the cashier was slow and chatty with the other customer only to have her then misring my item, complete the checkout and tell me I had to now waste more of my time to go to the back of the store to return and repay my only item. A complete waste of my time due to a lack of attention to her only job. I won't be back for awhile.

Customer Rating

I call Santa Clara Kohl store just now and they had me hold for one hour and never came back. I am checking an item SKU 92590760 see if they had in store. First, they ask me to hold for so long and then hung up on me. I had to call back several times and they kept me holding. They told me that they send someone to the floor to check and never got back. Time is almost an hour and they said they will get a manager to talk to me and still not hear back. What kinds of service is this? Is it take almost an hour to check something you have it or not. That is ridiculous. Othere Kohl's service was so fast. The reason I am calling Santa Clara is because other Kohl told me the item I am looking has 4 qty. I have to hang up after one hour hold for nothing.

Contact the Kohl's Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Kohl's. What is their corporate mailing address?

N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
  • I want to call the Kohl's customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

262-703-7000
  • I need to visit the Kohl's company website. What is their website address?