Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Tony Gardea
Apr 03, 2015 - Albuquerque, NM
Bad

I took my Toyota to Jiffy Lube for an oil change. When I got home I noticed there was antifreeze coming from under the car. I took it back to Jiffy and talked to the manager and they would not pay for the repairs. They agreed to replace the broken part if I purchase it. I was without a car for two days while the part came in. Next time I'll take it to Toyota.

Have you had problems with Jiffy Lube?

Compare Jiffy Lube to Similar Auto Repair more...

Top 13 Reviews about Jiffy Lube

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Jiffy Lube customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

My daughter took her Toyota Camry to Jiffy Lube on Austin Hwy to get an oil change in February. The engine blew in March. I thought it was the battery. So when I got it towed to Midas on Military Hwy, I was told that the car did not have any oil in the car. So I did return to Jiffy Lube on Austin hwy and explained what happened.

One of the workers stated that maybe something was not put back on right or didn't tighten something. I believe something was not done properly which caused my car to have engine failure. And just to note that engine was just replaced about 6 months ago. I need to file a claim with the Claims department to see what information they need to get this claim started.

Just to also mention I got my inspection done at this Jiffy Lube on Austin Hwy and my lights were left on which caused my battery to die and I had to end up buying another battery from O'reily on Austin Hwy. That is all I have to say.

Horrible

I took my Dodge Ram pickup to your Janesville Wi location to have an oil change and transmission serviced. This was done on Saturday, May 9, 2015. I don't drive my truck every day so I got home and parked it in my garage. I got home from work tonight and noticed as I walked through my garage transmission fluid all over the floor. I'm talking 2-3 quarts.

I called up the Janesville location to complain and was asked if I could drive my truck over to have them check it out. Are you kidding me! I had just told her about tranny fluid all over the floor of my garage. So what if the tranny blows up as I drive it over? No apology offered at all!

They tell me they will pick up my truck tomorrow at 5:00. I have my vacation coming up a week from Saturday, if they "fix" the problem and my truck breaks down due to this issue, you won't get a message from me it will be my lawyer. I have already explained the situation to him. My god the pan bolts were hardly tightened at all. Gross incompetence! How much damage has already occurred as I drove my truck home from you facility?

Horrible

I had my oil and filter changed at the Rogers St, Lowell, Massachusetts location and they cracked the filter housing by over tightening the filter on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The dealer charged me $474.00 for the repair. The District Manager Derbistirer will not return my call or acknowledge the problem. Not happy! I am not going to Jiffy Lube every again!

Horrible

I had my oil changed on 04/16/15 12:38 PM at Jiffy Lube #2982. During the service, my oil pan was damaged causing it to leak. I returned the next day and informed them of the problem. I was told that someone from the Hartland would contact me within 48 hrs. This has yet to happen. I returned to #2982 to inquire as to where to have this fixed because I cannot continue to return everyday to have my oil toped off.

I received instruction to take the automobile to Casey Automotive 44 N. Barrington Rd in Stream Wood ILL. at 9:00 AM this day. I was told by the manager at store #2982 that it would be fixed the same day so I would not have to miss any work days because my job site is 32 miles from my home. Casey`s auto informs me they do not have the part, and it will take at least two days to repair it. I had to leave the car. Now, I am without transportation to get to and from work. I have yet to here from Hartland or anyone else. The auto in question is a 2003 Cad Cts. I need a rental before Monday morning 04/27/15. This is a serious matter that needs to addressed.

Poor

Oil change at store #577 on 3/22/15. Husband was driving to work on 4/6/15 when engine made noise, pulled over only to find oil all over the engine and nothing showing on the dip stick. Had Hyundai 2012 Santa Fe towed to dealership only to find that the oil filter had been installed incorrectly. We had the oil changed by dealership and hope this is all that is wrong with the car. Also since there was oil all over the engine, hood, under carriage and back tail gate we have taken it to a detail shop to have cleaned. We took the filter back to the store #577 and reported this to the store manager on 4/7/15 having only the dealerships receipt. The store took copy of the receipt and was to be sent to the warranty claim department and I wanted to make sure this was done. We would like to have reimbursement of the oil change from your store on 3/22/15 $33.38, the correct oil change on 4/7/15 and also the cost of having the car detailed. At this time we have an estimate of $200 but will have tax that will be on that charge as well. We have the oil filter for proof, and copy of all receipts. Please advise when a resolution to this issue will be resolved. The acceptance of this reimbursement will not be full resolution to this issue should we have other engine problems before 4/30/15. Please send a fax number and we will send copy of all the receipts to your attention.

Poor

Did not check tire press stated that the valve stems were medal and they were not standered. I have had the car to Jiffy lubes and Honda Dealers who checked the tire press at numerous times on all my vechicles. The other service was great as allways.You need to train your personal that wheels now in automobles have medal stems. The Washington store was the one that made the statement. The Blue Lakes store would not committ any knowledge. I have 5 High value vechicles that I may Take to other places. Thankyou for a reply.

Bad

I have been taking my car for yearly inspection at the jiffy lube for the past 4 years. 1st year, I was told my windshields wipers needed to be replaced...no problem. got wipers and car was passed. 2nd year, I was told my windshields wipers needed to be replaced...no problem. got wipers and car was passed. 3rd year, I bought my windshield wipers and put them on in the Wal-Mart parking lot, receipt in had and empty boxes they came in. I went down the street to jiffy lube for inspection. jiffy lube came and told me my windshield wipers needed to be replaced. how could this be since they were only on for less than 5 minutes. I showed jiffy lube my receipt, empty boxes and threw a argument. issue resolved, jiffy lube replaced the wipers for free but used the excuse that they were default out of the box. 4th year, I went to get it inspected, got out of my car and looked at both wipers... they look good to me, no torn at all. I went inside to pay and jiffy lube told me my light bulb needed replacing on my tags. no problem, fix it. I then proceeded to tell jiffy lube that I already checked my wipers while waiting my turn. but I also understand that it is a standard procedure for them to do their job. 5 minutes go by and jiffy lube told me my windshield wipers needed to be replaced....they are torn. NOW, my question is, do your employees work off of commission? This issue better be resolved. if I don't hear back in regard to this complaint, I will definitely take this to the better business bureau or better yet I will call my attorney!

Poor

The person that help told me that I was going to cost 26.88 for the oil change which I agree to I go inside to waiting room and seen a sign for 31.88 when I went to the cashier about price there was a sign saying 35.88 .I told the cashier I was told at was 26.88 .he was sorry not really but he said it .they had to charge me more because they had to get a filter from inside which I never seen them past me by because I was waiting in there siting room .I didn’t a. option not to get oil change because they ask me about any extra charges that sucks I cost me more I want to pay

Horrible

Today is April 21st, 2011. I live in Burien, WA. I got texted SPAM from Jiffy Lube. I mean, real, honest to God spam. “One time special offer…” Had to text STOP to their robot phone number. The thing I thought was REALLY the kicker was “standard text rates may apply.” NO KIDDING! I don’t know how this can be legal. I don’t know if there’s earlier precedent for this, but this is the first time it’s happened to me, and I WON’T HAVE IT. I complained to them THOROUGHLY, and told them I will not give them any more of my business until I believe they no longer send spam texts to anyone.

People: this is where it all begins. This is where our phones get flooded with spam. This is where we need to start getting spam filters for our own phones. jiffylubeopinion.com is where you can complain. Go there, and complain. And DO NOT do business with them until they change. Please. Please. I’m begging you. Please.

Bad

This company Jiffy Lube is nothing but a bunch of criminals. I took my car in for a transmission flush and am now replacing my transmission for a cost of $3000. They have taken no responsibility for destroying my car, which ran like a dream before I went in for ROUTINE maintenance with them. After reading all of the consumer complaints and problems online about Jiffy Lube I wonder why and how they are still in business after all these years? Isn’t there a lawyer out there that would take on the many cases of fraud that this company continues to commit against consumers?

Horrible

Dont go to Jiffy Lube unless you dont care about throwing your money away! Went in to Jiffy Lube the other day looking for a quick oil change. First, conventional oil cost me $38.00 and then they scammed me into buying cabin air filters for $40.00. Also they said they were in the door of my civic and very hard to get out! They are not in my door they are in my glove dept and also they are very easy to get out I got them out, which I found out later. What a big scam and I am very disappointed with Jiffy Lube. Who knows what else they did to my car!! I was there for only 5 MIN!! Watch out I learned my lesson never AGAIN to trust them!!!

Horrible

Service at the Jiffy Lube Grant and Louetta Cypress location has been getting worse and worse and it’s very expensive. When I went last month, the price for oil and filter change plus tire rotation was $75. For that price, you’d expect good service and a quality job. But the next day I noticed a pool of oil in my garage where my car is and knew they hadn’t re-tightened the drain plug after then finished the oil change. I took it back in the next day and they fixed it after a 45-minute wait, and tried to tell me the problem was a poor oil pan seal! The car is only two years old! Give me a break.

I recently took my car into jiffy lube and got the so called signature oil change. I was told that all fluids were full except the wiper fluid and they filled that. 2 days later my break light came on and a week later my service engine light also cme on. I then took the car to my mechanic who repared both issues and told me that there was no break fluid in the car and he found no leaks. I have taken my car to cheaper automotive shops before but came back to jiffy lube for the quality of service. I am sending you this to let you know that I will never again bring my car in for service with your company again.

I am very disappointed about the fact that I was lied to about what was done to my car. If your idea of fast service is cutting corners I would rather go to the cheaper guy and get everything I paid for.

Contact the Jiffy Lube Complaint Department