Customer Satisfaction Results
2.28 out of 5 Stars
32 Consumer Reviews

Hyundai
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Hyundai company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Hyundai online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Hyundai corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Hyundai?

Compare Hyundai to Similar Cars more...

Top 32 Reviews about Hyundai

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Hyundai customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

My dilemma is when I leased my Hyundai Sonata I was NOT told that there was no spare tire or donut in the trunk. I was driving ( alone at age 75) from Charlotte, NC to Pittsburgh, PA. ( a 7-8 hour trip.) While driving through West Virginia ( miles from nowhere ) my right front tire had a blowout. I was able to control my car to the side of the road. It was late afternoon, lots of traffic and I was very nervous being on the side of the road. A family of four came by and the gentlemen said he could change my tire. BUT.... there was no spare tire for him to use. He was shocked and said he had never heard of a car not having a spare tire.

I attempted to call AAA, but I was so far from any nearby towns that I could not be helped. I called the WV Highway patrol, they arranged for a tow truck and they took me to a town that had a tire store. However it was after 5:00 and store was closed. The car was dropped off at the Tire store and I had to rent a room at a local hotel. It was not the nicest place I had ever been. The next day the attendant at the hotel drove me to the Tire Store. So far I have been with many strangers and trusting them. Whatever happened to "never speak to strangers?" I was able to purchase a tire $150 and $45 for service. By the time I was able to continue on my trip, it was now 2:00 p.m. What should have been a 7-8 hour drive has now turned into a day and a half ordeal.

When I returned to Charlotte, I immediately called the Dealership where I leased the car. I was told my salesman no longer worker there, so I requested the Dealership Manager. The next voice on the phone was a man whom I couldn't understand what he was saying. I briefly told him about the tire and he said I don't know what to tell you. I said aren't you the Manager and you can't help me? He said "Mam, I'm not the manager, I'm a car salesman.
I asked him to connect me with operator again and he said he didn't know how to do that, so I hung up and called back. I asked the operator why she connected me with a salesman and she said cause the manager isn't here.
Could she not have told me that? I asked her for the Managers name and she said "I don't know it" I said how long have you worked there and she said 10 months. AND SHE DIDN'T KNOW THE MANAGERS NAME.!!!

This is what I am requesting and with due cause: I travel quite a lot and do make that Pa. trip at least four times a year. I am requesting that to solve this horrible dilemma that I be provided with a spare tire or a donut for my trunk. I realize that will make less space in my trunk, but I am very willing to sacrifice the space to know I have a spare in my car. Perhaps my Hyundai Dealership could be the ones to provide the tire, per my request.

Upvote (0)

To the CEO of Hyundai Motors India Ltd, Chennai. Sub: Complaint against the defect that has been persisting in my car. I am writing this mail to inform you about my experience with your product as i have been using your car having model I-20 Elite, that i had purchased from your authorized dealer namely AKC Hyundai, AKC auto pvt ltd lakhimpur kheri 16/10/2014 having VIN no MALBM51BLEM027993 Eng no G4LAEM436898 MODEL IB**B Elite i20 (1.2) Color V3G S Dust. Since its purchase till the date of writing this mail, my car has run only 19,680 Kms which is not very long.

Recently, on 31.01.2016 i had sent my car for servicing (3rd free service) at AKC Hyundai AKC auto pvt ltd lakhimpur kheri and after it returned from service, there happened to be some knocking noise from the engine of the car and immediately contacted your authorized service centre and made them aware of the problem but it was shocking and surprising for me to hear from them that there is some major mechanical fault in engine of my car and they asked me leave the car for repair or replacement of engine, whatever they deem fit will decide. It is astonishing to see as to how come such a major fault has occurred in engine of my car which has not even run 20,000 kms till date and that too when i have always sent my car for service to your authorized dealer on time and before the due date.

Sir, i had purchased your car with my hard earned money and having deep faith in your technology and engineering and after ignoring all such suggestions and opinions that i had received against your company. At the time of purchase of this car due to your branding and advertisements i was of the opinion that i am choosing one of the best car available in the Indian market but to my dismay, my opinions are proved contrary to the true that has emerged due to this problem and this mechanical breakdown of car has shattered all my opinions and beliefs that i had in favour of your company.

Further, i believe that you will consider the gravity of problem and will entertain my complaint in positive direction and i request you to kindly take up issue personally and it is also made clear here that i don't want to drive a car which has had such a huge mechanical breakdown at such an initial stage of life, therefore you kindly replace my car with same model of car or return the amount that i have paid as sale consideration against this car failing which i will be
constraint to avail the remedy available under the law.

Upvote (0)

I bought a car on 24th December within 3 weeks it overheated. I was given another car for exchange, it happens to be worse bad than the first one. Within an hour It had a clutch problem. Both of them are with the dealer now. I'm left with no car. Please I like Hyundai cars, just give me the best mechanically good car. With my heart broken, I even deserve a 2011 model now from you good people since that I bought was 2010. Month end (1 february) and I'm paying my 1st installment.

Upvote (0)

In November 2015, I Marcal Bolden, purchased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata from Hyundai on Airline Hwy, Baton Rouge La. Within the first 24 hours, I noticed a pulling to right in front end and immediately notified Justin Brady after returning to dealership. After weeks of talking to Justin, I became angered that I had trusted him to handle the front end problem on the car and he did'nt. I then reached out to Lee Carty, Manager, address the problem to him on one occasion and he was going to call me back and didn't. After numerous of calls, still no response. To date the Hyundai Sonata that I pay a note on has not been repaired nor restutions made for problems that were under warranty and I also paid for an extended warranty.

As the manufacturer of this vehicle do you not find a problem with a dealership with this kind of ethics? I am going to be forwarding this complaint to BBB in hope of preventing this behavior to other customers. Now, I was fair in my dealing because I could have executed my 72 hours in the contract agreement because I returned the car within the first 24 hours for assessment and services and due to health reasons, I am just able to follow through with business. I have been mishandled and treated very unprofessional to the point of racial ridicule because I demanded fair treatment from Justin Brady, where he accused me of having wrecked the car myself and bringing it back under false pretense. Now I have a problem with my character being questioned to that extreme when I work everyday for a honest living.

Now , the first complaint disappeared and without even asking for details, I was told on attempting to follow up that I needed the Vin # and I didn't have it that day. No assistance was offered. Vin # 5NPEC4AB5BH258122

Upvote (0)

I am a employee for a Hyundai dealership in the Dallas area. I am filing this complaint for the employee's that go to work everyday and put in numerous hours. I have worked for this dealership for 6 years and put up with a lot of racism, unprofessional just to feed my family. Star rewards have been ripping off employee's for the last time. They base how you get paid on your CSI score. And for some reason every time you sale a large number of new cars. They will always find a few bad surveys to put in your file so they don't have to pay you for the cars you worked so hard to sale. Please let me know who has control of this illegal act.

Upvote (0)

We own a 2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited edition, we purchased the car used with around 42,000 miles on it, it now has around 56,000 on it. It needed some warranty repairs done on it nothing big just some minor repairs, we took the car down to Lithia Hyundai in Odessa Texas. My wife gets a phone call from the service righter and tells her that the car has been wrecked and that's why one of the problems is not going to be warranted, so we looked the car up on Car Fax to make sure, the information that we got off Car Fax says it has not been in any accident, so why would he tell us that.

The problem I am talking about is the piece that holds in the radiator under the car, so I called the service righter (MIKE) who proceeds to argue with me and tell me that there was front end damage to the car, which in return I told him if there was front end damage done to the car with that much force to break the support that holds the radiator up in there, that the air bags would have been deployed, and the VIN NUMBER to the car would have been on Car Fax showing that it would have been in a wreck. He proceeded to argue with me about it, so long story short they said it will not be covered in the warranty. ($1900) to repair it.

The Hydraulic struts that hold the hood open to the engine compartment are bad, they will not hold the hood open and I wanted them to fix them under warranty, (MIKE) the service righter told my wife that they will not be covered under warranty because the hood of the car was repainted. Still trying to wrap my head around this one, just because the hood was repainted means that all warranty is VOID, that's not right painting a hood of the car does not make the Hydraulic struts go bad.

The Drivers side passenger door handle has a issue also, a little black piece fell out of it, door handle still works fine but I wanted them to look at it and replace it under Warranty. (MIKE) the service righter told my wife that the door handle had been taken apart and that's why the black piece fell out, and that's the only way it would have fallen out, so we would have to pay for that also. ($3.00 for the part $75 for the repair).

The rear view mirror is a little loose, (MIKE) the service righter told my wife and I that there is a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty for out of adjustments repair only, and that we would have to pay for that also. (I THOUGHT THE WARRANTY WAS 5 YEAR 60,000 MILES BUMPER TO BUMPER) To me that would include adjustments!

The mirror on the driver's door is automatic, every time I have to adjust the mirror it starts to click and dose not move, (LIKE THATS AS FAR AS IT GOSE) but if I move the mirror out and then try to go up it works. (MIKE) the service righter told my wife that is how they all work. (So Hyundai is selling you cars with faulty equipment on brand new cars?)

The sun roof is working, but the motor sounds like it is struggling when you close it, (MIKE) the service righter tells my wife that it has been in 2 times for the sun roof having problems at a different dealership, he proceeds to tell her they are trying to figure out what is wrong with it, then (MIKE) tells me that there is nothing wrong with it and it seems to be working fine. So if it is working fine why does it sound like the motor is struggling and why has it been 2 other times for the same issue?

The cruise control buttons on the steering wheel are a hit and miss sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. But there is a way to get them to work and that is hitting the steering wheel then it might work. (MIKE) tells my wife and I that there is nothing wrong and that they are not going to replace them.

Hyundai says they have the best warranty out there over any other Auto Manufacture, which I will give them it is 5 year 60,000 bumper to bumper and 10 year 100,000 on the powertrain, but the service that my wife and I received from Lithia Hyundai in Odessa Texas has put a bad taste in my mouth about Hyundai in general. I have bought a lot of cars and trucks in the past and have had to get warranty work done on them also, but I have never had any issue like I Just had trying to get our Hyundai done. To me everything they said about our car is that they are trying to get out of doing the warranty work and stick you with the bill, which is pretty sad.

Our Hyundai has been at the deal ship for 2 days now, and all we have been told is that we are (out of luck).

Unless some of my issue get resolved, I will never buy another Hyundai again, and it's not because they are not a nice vehicle because they are, but if this is how there warranty works, there might as well be no warranty at all with the car. And by all means I will not recommend Hyundai to anyone ever again. I was very happy with the purchase of this car and very happy with the car, just Pretty sad this is the type of customer service you get with Hyundai.

Upvote (0)

Dear Hyundai customer support team, This is to bring to your notice an incidence that left me wondering whether my decision to buy a Hyundai i10 grand on 15th Jan 2015, was proper or not? The incident occurred on 28th of November, 2015, when all of a sudden my vehicle came to a halt because there was a cow suddenly came on the road and so that I cross my vehicle beside the road (On Road Berm). There was a small stone which was touch with the vehicle. After this incident the vehicle came to a halt within 100-150 meter only. Upon contacting the customer care, assistance was provided to toe the vehicle to the service station, where it was diagnosed that somehow the oil sump had been damaged and it led to lube oil seepage ultimately resulting in engine seizure (this was reported on Monday, 30th November 2015).

Photos of the oil sump are attached for your information and perusal. One of the service adviser mentioned that this problem was frequent and only specific to this model (Grand i10 Diesel). This verbatim was not very helpful to my distressed state of mind and further made me think what might be the reason for such a product concern. The Hyundai service center stated that as this is a mechanical damage (Oil Leakage), I will have to bear the cost of the repair which is staggering and also puts an economic dent on my lifestyle. To a reasonable mind, the only possibility for re-occurrence of such incidents is that the oil sump is not of the required quality. This is a matter of grave concern as such incidents not only endangers the passenger life but also leads to a distressing condition.

A little secondary search on the internet revealed many such customer complains on the consumer forums and is definitely not a good sign for a company of your reputation. I have taken a Zero Depth Insurance also. But the representative told me that this cannot be cover in insurance. That insurance company was also suggested by the Hyundai dealer (P L Motors Mansarovar, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India). I am writing to the Hyundai corporate office, to give me a proper justification on how such a damage is possible to the oil sump and what corrective measures are being taken by the company to curb such incidences? The vehicle is no good if such concerns repeat and your reply would lead to my further plan of action of whether to get it repaired or just leave the vehicle to its fate and opt for some other vehicle.

Upvote (0)

On Nov. 9 I went to Carousel Hyundai in West Chester, PA. The hatch wouldn't stay open so I went for a diagnosis. When I called to schedule I was told the car was under warranty. After the technician looked at it, he told me it would be about $400. to fix it. I told him that when I made the appt., I was told it was under warranty. He then looked at his computer and said, "oh yeah, it is under warranty." I firmly believe he had to know that because he had already looked at my registration to see the yr and someone had looked at the hatch at that point so he had to know it was a 2013.

My gut feeling is that when he saw an older woman come in, he thought he could get away with charging me and even if I'm wrong about that, it's a mistake that shouldn't have been made. A lot of people don't have $400 laying around for a car repair. Also, when he agreed it was under warranty, he didn't even apologize for such a costly error. If I wasn't told it was under warranty initially, I would have pd. $400 unnecessarily. I'm very upset about this and definitely would never go back there. I very likely wouldn't even buy another Hyundai since I want to be able to trust a dealership I do business with.

Upvote (0)

About a month ago the engine light came on in my 2012 Hyundai Accent. My grandson took it to a garage he works for, bottom line, there was a leak somewhere in the fuel system. I called Hyundai of Auburn, Mass. I brought my car there to be fixed. I thought it was fixed right being that it was still under warranty and Hyundai had to foot the bill. Got the car back and a few days later the engine light back on. Back to be fixed or at least I thought so! Not to be. They took it back a 2nd time, said it was fixed. It went back a 3rd time for the same reason, is still not fixed. Engine light came on today 11-11-15

Upvote (0)

I am a 75 year old lady who took her car in for routine maintenance at Bergstrom-Hydundai at 3023 Victory Lane, Appleton WI. The vehicle has approximately 49,500 miles. It has been driven in a normal fashion for this area. The dealership Repair manager persuaded me to change the radiator fluid, transmission fluid and install a new battery. None of these fluids and battery are recommended for change by the Hyundai car manual maintenance schedule under normal usage. No written evidence was provided to me on the battery condition. He stated in my husband's presence that he would not charge for battery installation but he placed it on the billing for $ 24.95. Due the fact I am an old lady who generally trusts car dealerships would treat a customer fairly, I now feel mainly ripped off at least a $ 450.00. Clearly, I was targeted as an easy mark to rip off.

Upvote (0)

I turned in my lease to Brad Benson Hyundai and switched to a new vehicle. They have me a check for $3000 to pay off the lease so they could sell the vehicle. I just received a letter since they were going bankrupt and am being sued by the creditor for this same amount of money. I am ready to sue both the dealer and Hyundai since I would have never taken the vehicle had I known they were going through bankruptcy. Furthermore, I had a written contract and the credit should be going after Brad Benson Hyundai and not me.

Upvote (0)

I live in Brazil and left my 2011 azera for services at a Hyundai service dealer near my home. After a few hundred miles I went to a gas station and realize that nothing that I have paid for were done. I've paid for full warranty services such as oil, cooler, brakes and a bunch of other things and my engine was simply empty. In Brazil when you leave your car for warranty services, they simply do nothing but charge you. I had complained at local owner of Hyundai brand and they simply ignored me.

Upvote (0)

I am a disabled veteran. My wife and I saved enough money to buy a new car. We went to Crain Hyundai in North Little Rock where we found a Hyundai/ Genesis with 5,700 miles on it. We were told by the salesman (Dillon Buchanan) and his general manager (Shilo Mitchell) that this car contained the best accessory package and was valued at $50,000.00 when new. However, the car had 5,700 miles so he reduced the price to 47,847. The manager stated he would except 42.000 for the car if I would pay cash. When the papers were signed and we drove the car home we found the window sticker in the glovebox that showed that the car contained the TECH accessory package and the MSRP value $46,450.00. The Kelley Blue value of this car with 57,000 miles on it is $38,000.

Upvote (0)

The GPS on my Hyundai 2015 Genesis 3.8 comes up with "No Result" for addresses that are correct. The GPS doesn't help you to complete any address information as you go along for any address. This is the most difficult GPS system I've ever used. Car was purchased in January 2015. Had a prior 2015 Genesis 3.8 purchased in July 2014 and had an entirely different GPS which worked properly.

Very frustrating when you the GPS won't accept an address to which you intend to travel even though the address is completely correct. In this case, the address is: 1725 N Broadway, Santa Maria, CA. This has happened any number of times previously. I have been told there is no update for the GPS at this time.

Upvote (0)

I have been hesitant to write, because I thought there problem had gone away. When I drove into a Ga station to fill the tank for the first time, I experienced the problem. As I backed up, turning the wheel to get closer to the hose, I placed my foot on the brake; 'BUT MY FOOT WENT TO THE FLOOR !. As I attempted to use the emeregency brake, the car rolled up against the cement island. The driver's front door rode against a pipe, and dented that door. After filling the tank, I pumped the brake pedal, and slowly drove, gaining confidence as the problem did not reoccur as I drove home. A few days later, when I left my home, I started the car, to find that the brake problem occurred again.

I took the car to my dealer. The service supervisor tested the car, and did not experience the problem. He reported no problem, with a facial expression of suspicion about my request for repair of the door. I have experienced the problem of a soft brake pedal a few times. I do not recognize any warnings, For a long while, no problem. Once on the highway, at 70 mph, the brake pedal went soft. I took the car in for an oil change, and requested a check on the brakes. No problem reported. Yesterday, when I went to the car, parked at my home, the problem of a soft brake occurred immediately as I backed out of the parking space. I am writing because I do not get any satisfaction at the service department of Coconut Creek Hyundai. I may be a very capable driver; however, when I drive the car there is a constant fear that the brake will not work in an emergency. Particularly because I do drive frequently on the highway.

Upvote (2)

I recently purchased a Honda Accord from Tulsa Hyundai 8 months ago, I went in for a 2 door accord and they told me it was sold the day before, so they showed me the accord I ended up purchasing which was a big mistake... I tried to trade it in since I need a bigger vehicle for work and find out its not only been wrecked once its been wrecked twice and has frame damage so now after speaking with a manager and General Manager they have nothing they can do to help me nor have tried besides offering the worst options such as a more expensive car out of my range or tacking on a ton of negative equity on a cheap car... I just want out of this vehicle and am stuck in it. I have been in contact with an attorney, better business bureau, and a few other agencies and plan to get this resolved one way or another. And will not be sending in any business to them ever!

Upvote (0)

I purchased a brand new 2012 hyundai elantra from ward hyundai in cape gir ,mo. on nov.2,2011.At the time i purchased the car,i strictly bought the car due to the fact it was rated to get 30-40 mpg,and simply couldn't afford to drive the 3 vehicles i already owned with the cost of gas being 3.69 a gallon. My elantra for the first 10,000 miles did infact get that recommended mileage,until the service engine soon light came on. I took the car to the dealer for repair. They informed me that i had a bad coil pac and a fouled plug,which neither did they replace at that time,they merely cleaned the plug and moved the fouled plug and suspected bad coil pac to a different cylinder and cleared the codes in the computer?

I was told to continue to drive the car and wait to see if it would set another code so they could determine if infact the coil was defective. After driving the car another 2000 miles, no new codes have been set but my gas mileage went from the original 33mpg w/air on max in city and 40-42mpg on highway to 25mpg in city w/no air and 27 mpg max on highway. I have had this car back to dealer, they performed a fuel test on it.(results 27 mpg), and have harassed them to fix the problem since it occured.

The car now has going on 16,000 miles and no inprovment in mileage.I have been told every excuse in the book about waiting on the main hyundai manager to address the issue,they are working on it,they don't know what to do to fix it, to they can't just start part changing. I never experienced this problem until the issue with the service engine soon light appeared. Like i said previously,I have 3 other vehicles that are paid for and my only reason for purchasing this car was strictly based on the mpg the elantra was rated due to the astronomical gas prices. I have spoke with the mechanics, the service dept., the service manager, the customer service manager and the salesman that sold me the car. And yet i am driving a car i would've never bought had it not been the best rated car for fuel economy. I own a Trans=Am GT, a mustang and a SLT Jimmy, so needless to say i'm not an elantra type of person, bought this vechicle for fuel economy.

If this issue could be addressed, as well as fixed, I would greatly appreciate your help. I also understand that Hyundai is being sued for miscalculated ratings on their cars,but mine is beyond riduclous.I spoke with a lady at the dealership earlier this week whom also drove a 2012 elantra and she was averaging 33mpg and complaining,so just imagine how upset i am. At this rate i could still be driving my vehicles that i have no payments on and get as good of mileage as i'm getting paying for a car for the next five years thats no better rated than what i already had! I feel like sueing Hyundai for misrepresenting their product,and infact would like to know how to be part of the class action suit that has been brought against Hyundai, as well as getting my car repaired.

Upvote (0)

I recentely purchased a new Hyundai IX35. The air bag mechanics are apparently under the seats and somehow mine became damaged and as a result the whole contraption had to be replaced which was a very costly exercise. Why is the contraption so exposed - I can only assume that someone shoe/bag had got tangled and caused the damage and why is it necessary to replace the whole air bag. I would appreciate your response.

Regards

Rosie

Upvote (0)

In Desember 2013 we took our vehicle to Hyundai Newcastle for our 90 000 km service. They told us that our power steering had a bolt missing which they did not have, and would order it for us. It is know May and still we have not recieved it. I have made enquiries but still have had no response. I would like to know what I should do to get service. Seems like if the guarantee of the vehicle has expired there is no service.

Upvote (0)

Dear Sirs, I bought from you a 2012 santa Fe Limited exactly a year ago. Vin # 5xyzkdag7cg094929 Model# 62462A65 Engine# G6dcbs685044 Although I am happy with the SUV in general- love the truck, I am trully UNHAPPY with Hyundai Motors Corporation, because of the EPA Fuel Economy estimates write-up. We still hold in our possession the Window sticker, that illustrates City MPG "20" and Highway MPG "26". My Santa Fe is giving me an average of 13 MPG- which is far less than your projection. I dont like it when companys like yourself lie just to sell. I intend to follow this through, write letters to everyone- its not fair for the customer that is currently paying $4.29 per gallon and getting 13 gallons per mile in City use.

Upvote (0)

I purchased my hyundai Sonata in 2006 brand new with 4 miles from the showroom . I love my hyundai sonata but I am very displeased with the hyundai paint job, I would think for 20k, when I wash my car with a regular hose with normal pressure that the paint would not just peel and chip off like I'm using a pressure washer. I am very aware of the normal scratches and dings on bumpers , but this has been an issue for past couple years and every year has progressively getting worse. I would appreciate it if you could tell me if there has been any re-calls on the 2006 paint. I would provide pictures if needed.

Upvote (0)

Hello, I purchased a Hyundai Santro car from Pioneer Hyundai, Sherpur chowk, Ludhiana in June 2006.Till date, the car has clocked 29,930 kms only. However, I have had to replace the tyres before the car had reached even 20,000 kms. Usually the tyres should run well for around 40,000 kms. The signs of wearing out were recognized at time of 1st service itself and common measures like rotation of tyres, alignment testing( which turned out to be O.K.), and addition of weights to the rim were done at subsequent services at your authorized centers but the wearing out of tyres continued.At each service. I pointed this out but no expert help was made available to me.At the last service, conducted in August 2013,on repeatedly pointing out the problem, the "Technical Service Advisor" told me that the car had a "dead axle" which would require replacement and cost around Rs., 18 to 20,000.

Having had the car serviced at your authorized centres in Ludhiana, Jullundur and Chandigarh and no one being able to spot the reason for the untimely wearing out of tyres, I did not immediately get the Dead Axle replaced and need expert advice in finding out the exact reason for this problem. Also, I was told by Pioneer Hyundai that since the warranty/guarantee period of 2 years since the purchase was made had lapsed, nothing could be done.I feel that since the authorised service centres had not been able to remedy the problem in time, the problem should be handled and the expenses borne by the company, including a new set of tyres.I hope you will help find a solution soon, as me and my family are forced to drive an unsafe Santro Car.

Upvote (0)

This is the third time the EPS light came on in my 2008 hyundai elantra, but thats not all. The power steering goes out before the light even warns me of the problem. I am a young lady of 28 years old and consider myself in shape but when the power steering goes out in the middle of the city while i am making a turn the amount of effort that is put into to turning the vehicle is incredidible and very disconcearning.

Upvote (1)

I bought my 2006 in 2008. It had only about 22,000 miles on it. Now it has about 58,000 miles on it and the CHECK ENGINE light came on. The diagnosis code was P0741. My Hyundai dealer says I have to replace my transmission, which I am doing. However, I would just like to know why a Hyundai Sonata transmission with less than 60,000 miles on it should need a new transmission so soon.

Upvote (0)

I'm upset about paying $561.13 for a Ignition Lock Cylinder that should have been a recall item given the reported problems from customers. Ignition key would not turn at all so the car could not be started. Steering did not lock up initially, but when I tried to turn the key along with steering, it got locked. I called the dealer and explained what was going on and they told me to tow the car in so they could check it out. They checked the car out and determined that the whole unit needed to be replaced. This is a common problem with Hyundai of various year even though it has not been recalled. I paid $561.13 all of which Hyundai owes me immediately.

Upvote (1)

I was sent an e-mail by Andrew Zeller on 3-31-14 quoting a complete description of the price breakdown for a 2013 Sonata Hybrid (stock # 709947) complete with all discounts. When I arrived at the dealership there were no 2013’s available. All had been sold days before. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I had been told minutes before I arrived that they indeed had this vehicle.

I have been a loyal Hyundai customer since the late 1990’s and continue to verbally support your company to family and friends. I have purchased a used Hyundai and a new 2000, 2006, 2010 and 2013 Sonata. Additionally I have a 2011 Santa Fe at this time.

Upvote (1)

In 2005 I bought a brand new Santa Fe or so I thought until I went to sell it.Car Fact was done on my car and I found out it was hit on the right side before I even bought the car. This was never told to me and I lost 500.00 dollars on the car. I have recommended people before to this dealer ship but never again. Michele mariano

Upvote (0)

Had new wipers motor put on cost $285.81 and that`s with a $30.00 discount. salesman said it was $300.00. $145.50 labor, $131.02 parts, $14.55 environmental charge, $24.74 taxes. I feel like I got taking begin a woman. $285.81 for wipers motor. not going back trying to find someone else to work on my car that is lot more reasonable. northland Hyundai Sherwood, if I find someone else to do my work see you.

Upvote (3)

I am leasing to own a hyundi santa fe suv and the right side rods snapped and threw my suv into a tree. And the prob is i know now it a recall and done exstensive reseach and dealer in bennington vt where i got it said nothing. My loan is through santander usa and iI have notifed them of this as well. I want it fixed or replaced. What can you do to remidy this before I contact a laywer? My phone number is listed online.

Upvote (0)

Upon leasing my Hyundai 1.5 yrs. ago i was told by the F&I employee that i would receive 2yrs. free oil changes on my car.On Dec. 8 2012 i brought my car for a oil change & i was told that the oil change was not free due to the fact you are not allowed more than 3 Hyundai  oil changes in a given yr. I was never told this by the finance & insurance man. All he had said upon leasing the car was that oil changes were free for the first 2 yrs.

That’s what i expected! It was the principle not the $38.oo over charge for an oil change.After being extremely satisfied with the dealership up to this point this situation has left a bad taste in my mouth. Before this i was definitely going to go back to Hyundai to lease another car; now i am not. I do not appreciate being lied to by salespeople who only care about their commission. Extremely disappointed!

Upvote (0)

We went to Hyundai (constantia Kloof), the guy that gave us service is “Madi” not sure of the surname. He helped us to buy a Hyundai Atos 2009 model, we got the car one week after applying, Madi said that there are a few things to be changes on the car, it didnt have a back board and the radio that was in the care was seeking for signal so he said that my husband should bring the car in about a week so that theycan put in a backboard aswell as a new radio. The day my Husband bought the car home he relised that there was nothing keeping the spare wheel down in the “boot”, the fog lights was not working, as well as some small stuff, he phoned “Madi” to tell hom all the things that was wrong on the car and he said he will figure it out and get back to him.

He didn’t phone us back so my husband had to phone him all the time and to me thats not good service. When we went there for the car my husband asked the Hyundai sales guy if he couldnt take out a backboard out of one of the other Atos’es, he said that its against the policy, now i dont understand during the week he said that a Atos 2010 model is coming in and he will take that backboard but he said its against their policy??? He also said that the car will be having a “valet” but we found a bottle of water and a packet of simba under the seats of the car so it couldnt have been for a “valet”. Up to today 26/03/2011 we had no service to put in a new backboard and radio and all other things wrong on the car.

Will we get some service on getting these things sorted out???? Weve got the car for a month now this is really getting on my nerves…

Upvote (0)

I am at the end of my tether I have brought my Hyundai car in now over four times for the exact same complaint and each time I get told it is something else….I got my car back on Tuesday afternoon and by last night the noise was back and I can hardly get the car in to first gear and it is sticking in reverse as well. I am a bookkeeper that gets paid per hour each and every time I have had to bring the car in to Hyundai and fetch it, it has cost me personally…I really need this to be addressed ASAP or I will have to go directly to Hyundai and express my totally dissatisfaction with the way in which the problems have been!

Contact the Hyundai Complaint Department