Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Sep 20, 2013
Poor

had new wipers motor put on cost $285.81 and that`s with a $30.00 discount. salesman said it was $300.00. $145.50 labor, $131.02 parts, $14.55 environmental charge, $24.74 taxes. I feel like I got taking begin a woman. $285.81 for wipers motor. not going back trying to find someone else to work on my car that is lot more reasonable. northland Hyundai Sherwood, if I find someone else to do my work see you. Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by carolyn palms on 09/21/2013 at IP address 99.191.160.6 using our northland hyundai sherwood ar complaint form. This opinions contained in this northland hyundai sherwood ar customer review titled, “over charged” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Have you had problems with Hyundai?

Compare Hyundai to Similar Cars more...

Top 20 Reviews about Hyundai

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Hyundai customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Good

I have been hesitant to write, because I thought there problem had gone away.

When I drove into a Ga station to fill the tank for the first time, I experienced the problem. As I backed up, turning the wheel to get closer to the hose, I placed my foot on the brake; 'BUT MY FOOT WENT TO THE FLOOR !. As I attempted to use the emeregency brake, the car rolled up against the cement island. The driver's front door rode against a pipe, and dented that door. After filling the tank, I pumped the brake pedal, and slowly drove, gaining confidence as the problem did not reoccur as I drove home. A few days later, when I left my home, I started the car, to find that the brake problem occurred again.

I took the car to my dealer. The service supervisor tested the car, and did not experience the problem. He reported no problem, with a facial expression of suspicion about my request for repair of the door.

I have experienced the problem of a soft brake pedal a few times. I do not recognize any warnings, For a long while, no problem. Once on the highway, at 70 mph, the brake pedal went soft. I took the car in for an oil change, and requested a check on the brakes. No problem reported.

Yesterday, when I went to the car, parked at my home, the problem of a soft brake occurred immediately as I backed out of the parking space

I am writing because I do not get any satisfaction at the service department of Coconut Creek Hyundai. I may be a very capable driver; however, when I drive the car there is a constant fear that the brake will not work in an emergency. Particularly because I do drive frequently on the highway.

HELP !!!!!

Bad

I recently purchased a Honda Accord from Tulsa Hyundai 8 months ago, I went in for a 2 door accord and they told me it was sold the day before, so they showed me the accord I ended up purchasing which was a big mistake... I tried to trade it in since I need a bigger vehicle for work and find out its not only been wrecked once its been wrecked twice and has frame damage so now after speaking with a manager and General Manager they have nothing they can do to help me nor have tried besides offering the worst options such as a more expensive car out of my range or tacking on a ton of negative equity on a cheap car... I just want out of this vehicle and am stuck in it. I have been in contact with an attorney, better business bureau, and a few other agencies and plan to get this resolved one way or another. And will not be sending in any business to them ever!

Poor

This is the third time the EPS light came on in my 2008 hyundai elantra, but thats not all. The power steering goes out before the light even warns me of the problem. I am a young lady of 28 years old and consider myself in shape but when the power steering goes out in the middle of the city while i am making a turn the amount of effort that is put into to turning the vehicle is incredidible and very disconcearning.

Poor

I bought my 2006 in 2008. It had only about 22,000 miles on it. Now it has about 58,000 miles on it and the CHECK ENGINE light came on. The diagnosis code was P0741. My Hyundai dealer says I have to replace my transmission, which I am doing. However, I would just like to know why a Hyundai Sonata transmission with less than 60,000 miles on it should need a new transmission so soon.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Kingbee on 09/05/2013 at IP address 172.3.122.145 using our Hyundai complaint form. This opinions contained in this Hyundai customer review titled, "2006 Hyundai Sonata has to have transaxle replaced" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Poor

black smoke is coming from the silencer.we had complained it to the hundai service centre in vellore(jain hundai)more than 4 to 5 times i went but they are not responding properly to us.Then i went to ambatur kun hundai,they also didnt give proper response to us,,,,,,,,,,,,what should i do for this?i faced many expenses due to this......plesae help us out as quick as you can...........i have proof and biils with me...if the doesnt take action then i would take this problem to the consumer court........so try to help us out fast...

Bad

I purchased a brand new 2012 hyundai elantra from ward hyundai in cape gir ,mo. on nov.2,2011.At the time i purchased the car,i strictly bought the car due to the fact it was rated to get 30-40 mpg,and simply couldn't afford to drive the 3 vehicles i already owned with the cost of gas being 3.69 a gallon. My elantra for the first 10,000 miles did infact get that recommended mileage,until the service engine soon light came on. I took the car to the dealer for repair. They informed me that i had a bad coil pac and a fouled plug,which neither did they replace at that time,they merely cleaned the plug and moved the fouled plug and suspected bad coil pac to a different cylinder and cleared the codes in the computer????? I was told to continue to drive the car and wait to see if it would set another code so they could determine if infact the coil was defective. After driving the car another 2000 miles,no new codes have been set but my gas mileage went from the original 33mpg w/air on max in city and 40-42mpg on highway to 25mpg in city w/no air and 27 mpg max on highway. I have had this car back to dealer,they performed a fuel test on it.(results 27 mpg),and have harassed them to fix the problem since it occured. The car now has going on 16,000 miles and no inprovment in mileage.I have been told every excuse in the book about waiting on the main hyundai manager to address the issue,they are working on it,they don't know what to do to fix it,to they can't just start part changing. I never experienced this problem until the issue with the service engine soon light appeared. Like i said previously,I have 3 other vehicles that are paid for and my only reason for purchasing this car was strictly based on the mpg the elantra was rated due to the astronomical gas prices. I have spoke with the mechanics,the service dept.,the service manager,the customer service manager and the salesman that sold me the car. And yet i am driving a car i would've never bought had it not been the best rated car for fuel economy. I own a Trans=Am GT, a mustang and a SLT Jimmy,so needless to say i'm not an elantra type of person....STRICTLY bought this vechicle for fuel economy,I EXPECT TO GET WHAT I AM PAYING FOR. If this issue could be addressed,as well as fixed,I would greatly appreciate your help!!!! I also understand that Hyundai is being sued for miscalculated ratings on their cars,but mine is beyond riduclous.I spoke with a lady at the dealership earlier this week whom also drove a 2012 elantra and she was averaging 33mpg and complaining,so just imagine how upset i am!!!! At this rate i could still be driving my vehicles that i have no payments on and get as good of mileage as i'm getting paying for a car for the next five years thats no better rated than what i already had!!!!! I feel like sueing Hyundai for misrepresenting their product,and infact would like to know how to be part of the class action suit that has been brought against Hyundai,as well as getting my car repaired . THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN IN THIS MATTER, DIANE HENDRICKS

Poor

I recentely purchased a new Hyundai IX35. The air bag mechanics are apparently under the seats and somehow mine became damaged and as a result the whole contraption had to be replaced which was a very costly exercise. Why is the contraption so exposed - I can only assume that someone shoe/bag had got tangled and caused the damage and why is it necessary to replace the whole air bag. I would appreciate your response.

Regards

Rosie

Bad

In Desember 2013 we took our vehicle to Hyundai Newcastle for our 90 000 km service. They told us that our power steering had a bolt missing which they did not have, and would order it for us. It is know May and still we have not recieved it. I have made enquiries but still have had no response. I would like to know what I should do to get service. Seems like if the guarantee of the vehicle has expired there is no service.

Dear Sirs,

I bought from you a 2012 santa Fe Limited exactly a year ago.

Vin # 5xyzkdag7cg094929

Model# 62462A65

Engine# G6dcbs685044

Although I am happy with the SUV in general- love the
truck, I am trully UNHAPPY with Hyundai Motors Corporation, because of

the EPA Fuel Economy estimates write-up. We still hold in our possession

the Window sticker, that illustrates City MPG "20" and Highway MPG "26". My

Santa Fe is giving me an average of 13 MPG- which is far less than

your projection. I dont like it when companys like yourself lie just to sell.

I intend to follow this through, write letters to everyone- its not fair for the

customer that is currently paying $4.29 per gallon and getting 13 gallons

per mile in City use.

Dominick DaSilva

Bad

Goeie dag- Ek is baie ontevrede met die kar wat ek splinternuut gekoop het by Hyundai presies 'n jaar terug. Die tak in Brits sal u kan se hoeveel keer ons daar was met talle klagtes. My Hyundai i 10 het Feb ingegaan vir sy eerste diens- met die diens het hulle opgemerk die 'throttel body" is nie reg- ons wag nou nog dat hulle dit herstel. Om eerlik te wees is die diens by die Brits tak uiters swak, en as 'n kans kon gehad het om die kar terug te gee sal ek nie twee keer daaroor dink nie.
Ek het al hierdie klagtes met die Tak bestuurder Riaan opgeneem, dan met die diens afdeling ook.

Ek hoop u sal my kan help.

Dankie
Mev van Dyk
Kontak nom: 0720242902

Horrible

I purchased my hyundai Sonata in 2006 brand new with 4 miles from the showroom . I love my hyundai sonata but I am very displeased with the hyundai paint job , I would think for 20k , when I wash my car with a regular hose with normal pressure that the paint would not just peel and chip off like I'm using a pressure washer .. I am very aware of the normal scratches and dings on bumpers , but this has been an issue for past couple years and every year has progressively getting worse . I would appreciate it if you could tell me if there has been any re-calls on the 2006 paint . I would provide pictures if needed ..
Joe Tripi

Bad

Hello, I purchased a Hyundai Santro car from Pioneer Hyundai, Sherpur chowk, Ludhiana in June 2006.Till date, the car has clocked 29,930 kms only. However, I have had to replace the tyres before the car had reached even 20,000 kms. Usually the tyres should run well for around 40,000 kms. The signs of wearing out were recognized at time of 1st service itself and common measures like rotation of tyres, alignment testing( which turned out to be O.K.), and addition of weights to the rim were done at subsequent services at your authorized centers but the wearing out of tyres continued.At each service.

I pointed this out but no expert help was made available to me.At the last service, conducted in August 2013,on repeatedly pointing out the problem, the "Technical Service Advisor" told me that the car had a "dead axle" which would require replacement and cost around Rs., 18 to 20,000. Having had the car serviced at your authorized centres in Ludhiana, Jullundur and Chandigarh and no one being able to spot the reason for the untimely wearing out of tyres, I did not immediately get the Dead Axle replaced and need expert advice in finding out the exact reason for this problem.

Also, I was told by Pioneer Hyundai that since the warranty/guarantee period of 2 years since the purchase was made had lapsed, nothing could be done.I feel that since the authorised service centres had not been able to remedy the problem in time, the problem should be handled and the expenses borne by the company, including a new set of tyres.I hope you will help find a solution soon, as me and my family are forced to drive an unsafe Santro Car.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Rituraj Saraswat on 12/10/2013 at IP address 117.220.178.72 using our Hyundai Santro complaint form. This opinions contained in this Hyundai Santro customer review titled, "Undue wearing of tyres leading to premature replacement of tyres" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Bad

I'm upset about paying $561.13 for a Ignition Lock Cylinder that should have been a recall item given the reported problems from customers. Ignition key would not turn at all so the car could not be started. Steering did not lock up initially, but when I tried to turn the key along with steering, it got locked. I called the dealer and explained what was going on and they told me to tow the car in so they could check it out. They checked the car out and determined that the whole unit needed to be replaced. This is a common problem with Hyundai of various year even though it has not been recalled. I paid $561.13 all of which Hyundai owes me immediately.

Poor

I was sent an e-mail by Andrew Zeller on 3-31-14 quoting a complete description of the price breakdown for a 2013 Sonata Hybrid (stock # 709947) complete with all discounts. When I arrived at the dealership there were no 2013’s available. All had been sold days before. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I had been told minutes before I arrived that they indeed had this vehicle.
I have been a loyal Hyundai customer since the late 1990’s and continue to verbally support your company to family and friends. I have purchased a used Hyundai and a new 2000, 2006, 2010 and 2013 Sonata. Additionally I have a 2011 Santa Fe at this time.

Poor

In 2005 I bought a brand new Santa Fe or so I thought until I went to sell it.Car Fact was done on my car and I found out it was hit on the right side before I even bought the car. This was never told to me and I lost 500.00 dollars on the car. I have recommended people before to this dealer ship but never again. Michele mariano

Poor

i am leasing to own a hyundi santa fe suv and the right side rods snapped and threw my suv into a tree
and the prob is i know now it a recall and done exstensive reseach and dealer in bennington vt where i got it said nothing my loan is through santander usa i have notifed them of this as well i want it fixed or replaced what can u do to remidy this befor i contact a laywer my phone number is 1-434-349-1140

Horrible

Upon leasing my Hyundai 1.5 yrs. ago i was told by the F&I employee that i would receive 2yrs. free oil changes on my car.On Dec. 8 2012 i brought my car for a oil change & i was told that the oil change was not free due to the fact you are not allowed more than 3 Hyundai  oil changes in a given yr. I was never told this by the finance & insurance man. All he had said upon leasing the car was that oil changes were free for the first 2 yrs.

That’s what i expected! It was the principle not the $38.oo over charge for an oil change.After being extremely satisfied with the dealership up to this point this situation has left a bad taste in my mouth. Before this i was definitely going to go back to Hyundai to lease another car; now i am not. I do not appreciate being lied to by salespeople who only care about their commission. Extremely disappointed!

Horrible

We went to Hyundai (constantia Kloof), the guy that gave us service is “Madi” not sure of the surname. He helped us to buy a Hyundai Atos 2009 model, we got the car one week after applying, Madi said that there are a few things to be changes on the car, it didnt have a back board and the radio that was in the care was seeking for signal so he said that my husband should bring the car in about a week so that theycan put in a backboard aswell as a new radio. The day my Husband bought the car home he relised that there was nothing keeping the spare wheel down in the “boot”, the fog lights was not working, as well as some small stuff, he phoned “Madi” to tell hom all the things that was wrong on the car and he said he will figure it out and get back to him.

He didn’t phone us back so my husband had to phone him all the time and to me thats not good service. When we went there for the car my husband asked the Hyundai sales guy if he couldnt take out a backboard out of one of the other Atos’es, he said that its against the policy, now i dont understand during the week he said that a Atos 2010 model is coming in and he will take that backboard but he said its against their policy??? He also said that the car will be having a “valet” but we found a bottle of water and a packet of simba under the seats of the car so it couldnt have been for a “valet”. Up to today 26/03/2011 we had no service to put in a new backboard and radio and all other things wrong on the car.

Will we get some service on getting these things sorted out???? Weve got the car for a month now this is really getting on my nerves…

Bad

I am at the end of my tether I have brought my Hyundai car in now over four times for the exact same complaint and each time I get told it is something else….I got my car back on Tuesday afternoon and by last night the noise was back and I can hardly get the car in to first gear and it is sticking in reverse as well. I am a bookkeeper that gets paid per hour each and every time I have had to bring the car in to Hyundai and fetch it, it has cost me personally…I really need this to be addressed ASAP or I will have to go directly to Hyundai and express my totally dissatisfaction with the way in which the problems have been!

Contact the Hyundai Complaint Department