Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5 Stars
78 Consumer Reviews

Hertz
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Hertz company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Hertz online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Hertz corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Hertz?

Compare Hertz to Similar Car Rental more...

Top 78 Reviews about Hertz

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Hertz customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

On May 27, 2016, Hertz Reservation #G9173193046. I spent $15 to take a cab from the Stratosphere Hotel to Hertz on Sahara Blvd and there were no cars available. I showed up one hour before time, which I called and was told that was OK, but then when I get to Hertz, there are several people waiting on cars, so I cancelled by reservation; also due to not having a car, cancelled some fun things we had planned to do while in Vegas. We flew 5.5 hours to no car. This was very disappointing and I will never use that particular Hertz again. I have used Hertz in the past with no problems, but this was definitely a problem.

Upvote (0)

We had a reservation months ago. After arriving at airport waiting for over an hour watching the rep looking for the reservation, we were told they don't have it. We even produce the reservation number! Nope still nothing. How incompetent that is.

Upvote (0)

Had a reservation for a car to pick at 8:30 am. WHEN ARRIVED TO PICK CA was told that they were none available. I was also told that they called previous day to inform me , but my phone mail had no message to that affect. Talk to some local reservation manager. He informed that it would be 2 to 3 hours before he would have a car available. ASKED about another location in the area, same answer 2-3 hour wait. I was wondering if I have be given a confirmation number, why no available unit ? One other item was the local attendant showed no compassion, that my plans were effective ruined. ( just sorry was the answer).

Upvote (0)

We had a reservation (G8593422499) for a full sized a month in advance only an economy car was available when we arrived. Was greeted by very rude management at the store. Another full size was sitting in sight in the lot but was told we could not have it because it was reserved. I argued mine was reserved but he wouldn't here of it. He said I had to wait for a return. I waited until just before closing and had to run to Enterprise to pay more for the same care. Total nightmare. Bad management. I'm sure they rented my car to another since the Big 12 tournament was in town and they could get more money by giving away my reservation. Such a bad business model. Extremely disappointed. Costs me an additional $280.00 to switch last minute to another company. I cannot express enough my frustration and disappointment.

Upvote (0)

I reserved a "full sized" car, impala or equivalent (I thought) on January 23 of this year. i arrived at Minneapolis airport and at the hertz area I "talked to" a man thru a video kiosk. I told him I was tall and needed leg room. I told him that a Chevrolet Malibu did not have enough leg room. that was why I asked for an impala. He then said "how about an XLA 350? (or some such nomenclature) and assured me it would have ample leg room. when I asked what that was he said "an suv.". I don't recall him ever saying anything about the cost. I did not know it was a Mercedes until I stepped outside to find it in its numbered stall. I was billed an extra $215.03 for this upgrade. I only drove 19 miles and did not need or want a Mercedes and I did not ask for it. Please review this video and see if I was mistaken or misled.

Upvote (0)

Urgent Complaint to Hertz corporate office. On 11/11/2015 I received a bill along with a phone call stating that I owe Hertz rental an outstanding balance around $461.00. The car I rented was due to an accident in August 2015. I have called your company several times and have been hang up on a rudely dealt with. I have tried to explain to several of the customer service staff that this bill should not be on my credit and why did someone viscously apply an outstanding amount on my card. On 10/13/2015 (602.31) it was debited from my account that payment also cleared in its entirety.

I ask for your company to do a thorough investigation as to how this may have happened to me and frustration I have been going through for the last 3 months with hertz. I went to the Hertz rental located at 6455 on franklin Blvd 95823, where I rented the car and they told me that is was nothing they could do about it. I called several times and was told that I had to talk with collections. So now I am notifying everyone. This has caused me to not be able to conduct business with your company due to this made up outstanding balance. Please call me as this is an urgent situation. I need to talk to someone with higher authority because I feel as if someone from your company has done something wrong, which results in me being responsible for a bill in which I did not accumulate.

I have attached a copy of my bank statement which indicated your company did take the remaining balance from my card. An when it cleared is also on the statement. If this issue is not looked into properly, I will only be forced to hire an attorney to do the investigation.

Upvote (0)

I booked a one day rental, for FLL airport pickup, and selected a small car, about 38.00 per day. At check in, the agent offered an "upgrade" to a Mercedes for 50.00. Nice I thought. o.k. I declined saying that it seemed too good to be true and if I was late returning the car, what then ?. No problem he says he will give me that allowance. Still skeptical I accepted. Took the main insurance option and left. I returned the car an hour late next day and was in a hurry so no time to review the bill until I got my CC statement.
My 38.00 selection turned into a 298.00 upgrade.

When I called Hertz to complain, the customer service agent simply read off a list of their charges, like it was a Court Prosecutor reading off a list of stolen property. Yes upgrade 50.00 gas something else, insurance dut dut dut, one hour late dut dut dut and the total is 298.00. What a bunch of organized crooks these people are. WARNING: Never take an upgrade from HERTZ.

Upvote (0)

I rented a car for four days from Hertz in NC. Winter storm Jonas started making its way through and my flight was cancelled three times. I was going to be stranded for multiple days. I called Hertz to see if I could keep the car one extra day so I could drive home before the weather got bad. They wanted $600 to take the car an extra day and drive it from Raleigh to Jacksonville the same day. I am Gold Member which made zero difference.

I went online to check competitors and found National was only $160 for the same exact situation. When I dropped off the car at Hertz it had already started snowing and sleeting. So I thought I would give them one more chance. I talked to the lady behind the counter who said they had tons of no shows and cancellations. The lot was packed with hundreds of cars. She quoted me $50 more than National still...even though I was a Gold member and standing there as the only customer in the place. I told her about the competitor rate and her comment was, "I'm sorry sir I wish I could help but that's what the computer is telling me."

So they watched me drag my luggage through the sleet and snow, out their parking lot, over the spike strip, and down the street to National who very quickly and politely booked me a car and pointed out to a long line of luxury cars and SUVs and stated, "just pick the one you want sir and please have a safe drive." In the end it was $400 less than Hertz quoted me originally. I took the attached picture to show how many cars Hertz had available as I walked out in the storm.

Upvote (0)

I had a car accident. My insurance has an arrangement with Hertz for a reduced daily rental rate. I picked up the car and had to pay a $50 deposit which I put on my credit card. I thought my insurance was paying 100% for the rental which I had from 12/11/15-1/4/16. On 1/8/2016 Hertz charged my card for $124.40 and then again yesterday 1/19/2016$28.75. For Miscellaneous fees and Tolls. Upon further research from my insurance they were informed customers have to pay the taxes on the rental cars. I have an EZ tag and had the rental car added to my account.

I emailed and called on 1/8 requesting a detailed break down of charges as well as the tolls. I was sent of copy of the invoice which just said "Billed to Customer" underneath the "Miscellaneous Information" section. I spoke with a representative who was very short with me and told me she would email the invoice which never came. It was not until I emailed the Customer Billing section that I received the afore-mentioned incorrect non-detailed invoice.

As a courtesy, my insurance company paid for the $124.40 with their check #3042703 mailed on 1/12/2016. I have not received a refund as yet because Hertz has yet to get the check. I contacted the Plate Pass division and was told it will take 5-10 days to review the copy of my EZ tag account showing I added your car to my account.

I have repeatedly emailed and called asking for more detail and each time I do, your company sends me the same general invoice that lists no detail. I am VERY dissatisfied. Hertz did not wait 5-10 days to receive monies that were not due them yet I sit here with less than $2 in my bank account because you continue to charge my card!! It's a Debit Card which means you are taking money directly from my account. This is ridiculous!

Had someone provided the proper place to forward the EZ Tag information PRIOR to hitting my account, there would have been no need to charge me. I believe this is very unfair and unsatisfactory business practices. Had I not had the accident and been in need for transportation to and from my job, I never would have needed to rent a car in the first place. I pay for $30 rental coverage on my insurance policy which is why my insurance decided to refund me but in the mean time....Hertz is holding my money hostage! I am very dissatisfied. This is not the way to conduct business.

Upvote (0)

I rented a car due to an accident with my vehicle on 12/14 (approx) and the agent gave me a chrysler 300. I discovered after returning the car that i was billed for $263 to cover the difference between what the insurance authorized and the daily rental price. NO ONE at time of rental disclosed the differential. had i known this i would have opted out of the chrysler and taken the standard issue car. I will never rent from hertz again, this is outrageous.

I spoke to edgar at the sunrise blvd (ftlaud) location and it was like dealing with a 5 yr old, he just couldn't grasp why i was calling. Finally he disclosed the issue with the amount i was charged. At that point i hung up and called the Hertz 800 number to complaint.

Upvote (0)

I booked a Hertz car to pick up on Wednesday 30th at 12pm, from your Darlington office. I was quoted a price of £178 for ten days, when I got to the office I was actually charged £301, I was not happy in the price but I had to accept the increase as I had plans over the new year. I would like a refund of the difference. I have all the relevant emails from Hertz customer service confirming original quotes, to confirm this.

Upvote (0)

I rented a car online from Hertz, and while I thought it was a pickup at Seattle airport it wasn't but that was my mistake The reservation #158025663 was at a Lake City 'Toyota' dealership. I was never told that the Hertz location was in a Toyota Dealership with no signage indicating such. I arrived at exactly the Hertz rep. indicated that he was going on lunch break and I would have to wait! He never left the building by the way. Some customer service. I called on 12/28/15 to see if I could return the car to Seattle Airport (I had been told that the car came from Seattle airport to the Lake City location) to Seattle Airport.

I placed a call and waited, and waited, and waited. When I finally got to someone, I was trf'd and I waited some more, second person and I was trf'd again and again I waited. I thought my question to them was simple, but I see that I was wrong. Well the answer was sure I could drop the car off at Seattle Airport but it would cost me nearly the same as getting a taxi. Pretty sure this is my last use of Hertz.

Upvote (0)

I have rented cars from Hertz 3 times last two months. The cars were fine BUT staff at Atlanta hartsfield airport Gold counter was not up to par. The gentleman I spoke to regarding me wanting a key ignition car found one for me even went to find one for me. The woman acted like I had two heads when I said my name is on board but before I take the long hike to spot I want a key ignition. She said oh go down this row and find a car wth a key in it and acted like I bothered her. The time before an AfroAmerican woman behind counter was all happy and laughing with an AfroAmerican couple but when I approached her being Caucasian I got the face and attitude. I don't like to complain but I always liked the service Hertz provides and have second thoughts about my future rentals.

Upvote (0)

We had never ever rented a car before, this was our first. Rental was pretty quick in Boston, told us to go find the car. We got in it and drove off. Thought it was strange that no one went over car conditions, dents, etc. We got to my brothers house 1 hour away in Swansea mass. He met us outside and was horrified at car condition. Dents and scratches all over, car was filthy outside, leaves and dirt in back floor boards, he told us to call in immediately and report all damages since this was not done before we left garage. Again, we had never rented before. We were told to return the car for an upgrade and apologized for our inconvenience.

Lady on phone was very nice, she even let us take the car to providence which was 30 minutes away, a lot closer than boston. But the man at the providence ri hertz was not friendly at all. Said no upgrade, and gave us a smaller car than what we brought in. My husband told him that we were given a number to get an upgrade from the customer service lady on the phone. We could not get us and our luggage in the new car he gave us. He acted mad, ***** off, and gave us the same car we drove in there in, no upgrade at all, he stated that was all he could do. Not a good 1st renters experience at all. my son got a jeep grand cherrokee, a lot bigger than our car from thrifty rentals and it was cheaper. Hertz had such a good rep, that's why we went with you. I think we learned a great lesson.

The name doesn't always mean the best, and I will be submitted my complaint to Hertz corporate offices next.

Upvote (0)

I rented a truck from the Modesto, CA McHenry office on November 4 2015. I returned the truck on November 7th, unfortunately it was after hours. The office didn't have a drop box for the keys so per instruction from an employee from 800 I left the key in a visible place on the front seat and locked the door. I was also told by the person at the 800 that I would not be charged for an extra day because I got it in before 12 midnight on the 7th. Today I found that the Modesto office charged me til the 9th because they were unable to find the keys. I will be disputing the entire charge unless you make the proper adjustment in billing. I don't mind paying for the correct services but I find it outrageous that I'm being charged for additional days because your employees neglected to open the truck with spare keys that I know they have in order to find the keys I had placed there the day before. I followed instructions from your 800 and should not be penalized for doing as I was told. I recommend that u maybe train your employees to use deductive reasoning on problem solving rather then trumping up needless charges to hard working customers like myself. I would appreciate that u tend to this matter asap or as I said I will be disputing the entire charge and have it removed from my card.

Upvote (0)

I rented a vehicle from Hertz in Costzacoalcos Veracruz. I was given a vehicle that was filthy inside and had dents all over it and it stuck of cigarette smoke. After complains about the condition of the vehicle, they gave me a bad attitude but went ahead and switched the car. They up sold me on insurance even after I had told them that my American Express would cover the insurance. Additionally, when I returned the vehicle they claimed that I dented the bottom of the bumper. I didn't do it but I didn't make a note of it before talking the car. Therefore, I was charged an additional 1600.00. This place has poor business practices and shouldn't be allowed to operate in this manner. I'm sure that they will charge the next customer for the same dent of the customer doesn't realize that it is there before taking out. I want my money back.

Upvote (0)

Overall, Hertz employees were courteous and polite. I was upset over the whole toll payment procedure/options and lack of an explanation before I began traveling in my rental car. The rental agent explained the refueling and insurance options but never mentioned the toll payment procedures or options while traveling in Florida. When I got settled in my rental car, I immediately took out the money I would need to pay the tolls on Veterans Highway not having a clue that changes had been made. When I came upon the first toll area, I was very surprised that the traditional toll lanes had been removed and replaced with cameras and bright flashing lights. For someone who is diligent about obligations, I became anxious and unsettled about my predicament.

The next morning in the daylight, I spotted the small decal with the information regarding tolls and went inside to read the small print in the rental agreement. Since I was in Florida to visit my 92 year old father, who did not have cable TV or internet service, I could not access Plate Pass. The toll charges that I incurred were $5.00---$2.50 leaving the airport and $2.50 returning to the airport. Needless to say, I found this whole toll payment system EXASPERATING and still am not sure how to go about paying my $5.00 in tolls to the state of Florida.

Upvote (0)

My complaint is related to your contractor, who recently took the car washing contract for Hertz. At the time of hiring he declared him self as a Hertz representative and took sign on an employment agreement but after 15 days when I asked him about my offer letter and ID card, he was dismissed from the job without paying 16 days of salary. I am requesting you to please forward this to your compliance department. All emails and SMS related to this matter are saved to me. I believe that Hertz is a renown company and will help out me to get my right.

Upvote (0)

I'm an insurance agent and my customer was hit by your insured.Your adjuster Monica Ramirez is 100% horrible! The most unprofessional, lacking in customer service individual I have ever dealt with. She has hung up on me and my client, refused to answer questions or be of any help whatsoever. Immediately argumentative, is that the way you train them? Really? So your plan is to be so impossible to deal with that you cause them to file on their own insurance? Your customer service STINKS! And we will gladly post that to every media we can!

Upvote (0)

State Farm directed me to Hertz stating that they would provide me with a good rate because I was covered by SF. There were two locations I was given, both seemed equally far away. I called the number for La Puente CA. I spoke to someone there and told him that I was headed to the collision company, named the place and gave him the address. He said, call back when your transaction is completed. 15 minutes later I called Hertz, and a different person answered, he told me you need to call the Whittier, CA location, it's closer to the collision place. I told him that I had called 15 minutes before and that someone in their location said to call back. He insisted that the other place was closer, gave me the number, I repeated the # back, he said it was correct.

I called Whittier, phone rang about 20 times. I called La Puente and spoke to a third person, I told her that the number was ringing in the Whittier location and she said, oh their phone isn't working I'm putting someone in the car right now. About an 1 1/2 later, still no one from Hertz; the people at the collision place, said you can continue to wait or rent a car from us. We processed the rental paperwork and still no Hertz. Will be informing my insurance company about what a disservice it is to their members to refer them to Hertz. Btw no PHONE CALL either from Hertz. What a joke. So unprofessional

Upvote (0)

Hertz employee sent detectives (with guns) to my home to repo a car. I was not behind in payment. I do not want to discuss to much because I intend to file charges. It is a real shame, they made a terrible mistake and have tarnished my name.

Upvote (0)

Rented a car on 10/19/14. Rental Agreement 001845583. Went to get the car on 10/21/14, but the car was not available. I was given another car after completing paper work.

Retuned car and billed $373.65. Paid for the car.

Credit Card showed that I was also billed for 001845583, $368.55. Obviously, I was billed twice for a total of $742.20 for one car. I have made numerous attempts to get this fixed. I was told on 3/6/15 by your Agent #7839 that I would be credited on my credit card for the obvious double billing 368.55.

I have not received my money and will never use Hertz again!

Upvote (0)

I booked a reservation 2 days prior to my reservation and I arrive to Hertz to pick up my vehicle. The guy, Don, tells me there are no more full size vehicle left. So I explain to Don that I put a reservation for a full size vehicle but then he offer me a compact vehicle which was still too small for my passengers. Don tells me, with a attitude, that the vehicle he offer me is a mid size. It's not! The car is a compact sonic by cheverolet.

So I had no other choice but to take it because I was going out of town. So we accept the vehicle. Once the transaction was complete Don handed over the keys and sent us on our way. Okay, so as I get into the vehicle, I spotted a crack in the windshield so I go back into the building to tell Don. He needed to walk with me around the vehicle for an inspection because I do not wanna be fault for any scratches, dents, etc. Don had an attitude about that. I just feel his customer services Sucks!!!

Upvote (1)

Lazy employees and company....!!!!! I went out of my way from Alabama, to the Pensacola Airport to pick up a truck that your company will NOT supply to this location in Al. Waited 45 minutes in Florida, because the back employee(s?) would not respond to base and another 45 minutes later, because they had to fill truck with gas.

NOW, I can't leave a message for the manager, his center is full and will NOT answer. Tried at least several messages at different centers, none will take messages. FULL>>>, figure that!!!!! LOL...... I'm more than upset. I can't even extend rental, no one will answer and Foley, Al. can't help.

WHATS WRONG WITH UR COMPANY???????????

Truck will be return on Friday Late...and after so many inconveniences, it will be in Alabama NOT at the Pensacola Airport....... No additional charges, I expect to be charged for!!!!!! Someone better call me, I'm TOTALLY dissatisfied!!!!!!!!! Never, EVER, I have seen such a messed up outfit, and I'm 70 years old! The left arm didn't know what the right arm is doing. WOWWWWWWWWWW!!

Upvote (0)

I rented a Kia Sorento from Hertz, and had problems with the emergency flashers going off, and I was locked out of the car. I called my husband and he contacted the Hertz roadside assistance, and they never showed!

Later on, I tried the key again, and it let me in, so I drove to get my husband, and we drove to Hertz to exchange the car. We we're charged for $40.00 for fuel even though I was locked out of the car, and upset that I had to exchanged the car! Also I went in person to extend another week of the other car Hyundai Accent, and the sales associate said she saw me smoking, so I was getting billed for $250.00. I told her I wasn't smoking in the car (policy non-smoking) and she said when I turned the car in, she better not smell any smoke!

I turned the car in, and another associate said she smelled smoke, and as soon as the other woman (Jennie) returned she would let me know if she is going to charge me for the smell of smoke! Ever since we rented their cars we had problems, and being over charged for any and everything! Never again will I do any business with them again,and also I filed a compliant with the BBB!

Upvote (3)

Hertz did not use full disclosure when renting me a vehicle. Charging me over $300 for an extra insurance fee of $9/day on a loaner while my car is in shop. Never once told me it was an extra $9/day. And on top of that I already have full coverage auto insurance. Said I signed the same contract last time I got a loaner. None of my records show me paying anything to them last time.

Upvote (0)

I confirmed a reservation for a mini van on 5/03/2015 with Priceline with a confirmation # G5573628596 from Hertz for a Mini Van. My credit card was charged. When I arrived a the Airport in Lafayette La. there was no Mini Van available. This was a horrible experience.

The Customer service agent was very rude. Her name was Margret Hatch. She explained that she did not have a mini van and did not do anything to assist. She wanted to charge me an additional $150.00 for an upgrade to a Traverse. I asked her to contact her manager and she called but acted liked the manager would not call. Stating she is probably in a meeting or preoccupied with personal issues.. The time was 7PM.

I stood there for 20 minutes and no call back and Margret just kept working as if I was invisible. I left disappointed. My card was charged and I asked her for Priceline #. She stated she did not have it and continued to work as if I was invisible. Please refund my money asap. I will re-consider using Priceline and Hertz in the future, if this is resolved asap. I did not leave with a Mini van and had to make other arrangements to get my family to our destination in another State.

Upvote (0)

We were scheduled to fly from Boston to Fort Myers (SW Regional Airport) but due to a connecting flight problem in Atlantic City, Spirit Airlines could only fly us into Orlando, FLA. That meant I needed to rent a car to get from Orlando to Fort Myers. I figured this was about a three hour drive....It meant that I picked up the car in Orlando but would be dropping it off at the Fort Myers Airport.

I just needed the cheapest car which was about $37.00. I understand there would be other fees with it, the usual surcharges and other unrecognizable fees...Ok fine.

The customer service rep couldn't seem to understand I was taking a car from his facility but returning it to another (isn't that a normal occurrence?) Anyway I was charged a whopping $225.77 for a car I only needed for three hours!

The additional pain point here is the people we were staying with also rented a car and was charged around $190.00 FOR 8 DAYS OF USE!!

How can I be charged $225.77 for only three hours? I would like you to credit my account back to a fair price. The rental Record # is 167692781.

Upvote (6)

I wanted to discuss my rental experience with you and the issue of the optional damage waiver that is offered.

I rented my car on 4/10/15 at the Hertz office location on 1995B Vassar St. in Reno, NV, 89502. The car was rented through a AAA claim as my car was totaled several times prior. Upon returning my car, I was shocked to realize I owed $139.93 out of pocket for the damage waiver. I was told I agreed to this, and they would not return that charge.

After much resistance to that charge on my part the agent agreed to hold that charge until discussing with the manager who would not be available until after the weekend. On 4/24/15 the charge then appeared on my bill. The only thing I could find that I actually signed on was the vehicle inspection form.

Here are the circumstances of the transaction that I feel deserve consideration:

When I arrived there was only one agent there who was in the process of training a new employee and helping someone ahead of me. In the meantime, people began pouring through the doors returning and picking up rentals. The place was clearly understaffed. The new trainee began the process on my claim as the trainer began to help another person. She was jumping back and forth between my transaction and other people so she was on hyper speed. She did finish up with me on the rental but was talking so fast, I had no idea what she was talking about much less what she was writing down or offering. She clearly needed to get me out the door so she could get to others.

I was standing there in pain with a neck brace on from a fracture I sustained and in pain from my car accident. I just wanted out of there so perhaps did not take the time to question everything fully. In all fairness, the agent was on overload and trying to handle way too much for one person. She could not possibly take the time to clearly explain the details of the extra insurance. It is possible she made a very quick reference to the waiver but definitely did not fully explain what my responsibility was in that regard. I would have absolutely declined that coverage as my own insurance covers rentals. I rent cars twice a year when on vacation and never ever purchase extra coverage.

When ever I have been offered that coverage in the past it has always been made clear to me and I ALWAYS decline. In this instance it was not clearly communicated as the agent was obviously extremely rushed. I sincerely felt for her because so many customers were beginning to arrive, and she was doing the best she could under the circumstances. I have never rented a car under these circumstances before which was a claim that was being paid by an insurance company. Something was definitely lost in the translation.

As I began to read the very terrible reviews for this particular location, I realized I was going to get nowhere fast with the manager there. This has been an ongoing problem with this particular Hertz and the issue of the waivers. There were so many disgruntled customers involving the very same issue and reviews like...”if I could give them 0 stars I would. I have never read so many terrible reviews for a given business. It is a well known fact that that type of coverage obtained from customers is the bread and butter of the rental car industry and is often obtained by scrupulous means. I think a review of your business practices should be a consideration with updated training involving the damage waivers. Perhaps this location just needs a review. In this day and age in order to stay competitive it is always a good idea to operate with integrity and a progressive business paradigm.

I would really appreciate your consideration in reviewing this erroneous charge and the possibility of a refund in this regard. I would like to give you a fair chance to make this right before pursuing action with the BBB and the attorney general in your district.

Upvote (0)

We are a body shop that has used Hertz for the past 15 years. This week I have two customer call saying that Hertz could not bring the cars to my shop??? So I called Hertz in Marion IL and they told me they were no longer going to be working with any shops in DuQuoin IL???

So they expect our customers to go out of town to our competition to pick up a rental car that could be brought to our shop!!!! I guess someone in the Marion location is friends with someone at our competitors location!! They are building a new shop in DuQuoin and I guess that's who you need to work with!! After 15 years our shop will no longer be referring to Hertz we will be using Enterprise. NOT HAPPY !!!!!!!!!

Upvote (0)

I rented through Hotwire and secured a good price for my rental. When I checked in at San Francisco airport location a Hertz supervisor was the person taking care of me. She told me I should upgrade, and I said that is ok. Then she stated about the pre gas and I said no. She told me that if I bring it back half way I would get the difference. So I took it and went to my car.

The car was beat up torn seats with stains and upholstery was torn and it did not work. I asked for a new one for a person in the lot. We did get a new car but what a joke. When I came back with just under half a tank the girl that checked the car in told me that is not correct and told me she gets this all the time. I went to the supervisor and explained and found the one that rented the car. and she denied that she ever told me this. I was heated and told them I would report them as I am doing so now. The manager name I am going to leave out but terrible service..

Upvote (0)

Hertz, Dublin Airport, Ireland. April 9th -18th, 2015. When picking up the car we were told to leave the car empty of gas but that it was full now. When in fact the car only had 3/4ths of a tank of gas. We left 1/2 a tank when we dropped it off. We were not told that there was an additional driver COST of $75.00, we only added my name for just in case my husband needed me to drive. Had we known about the fee we never would added an additional name. The clerk at Hertz never explained about tolls, that some tolls have to be paid at gas stations.Since that is not done in the USA it would have been common courtesy to inform clients of what is expected from the country they are renting the vehicle in.

Initial bill being- additional driver 75.33, Never lost charge of 93.00 fuel 53.66 a 5.00 fee to use a credit card and 35.07 in taxes total 262.06. final bill was Add driver 83.70 Never lost (tom-tom) 107.00 fuel 66.00 with the 5 for CC use and taxes decrease 25.75 for a total of 287.45 BUT the charge on the CC was 292.88. and 2 additional fees for tolls of 3.45 each. I really don't mind paying a bill but it seems to me that this company is money hungry and not up front about charges. I understand your in business to make money but your less then up front employees have caused you to loose me as a customer and I would never recommend your company to anyone else. But if you wanted to do the right thing and refund some of my expenses caused by your employee omitting facts. I would appreciate it.

Upvote (0)

On 12/04/2014, I rented a car at your office at South West Freeway HLE, Houston Texas. This rental was arranged by the State Farm insurance responsible for providing a rental car while my car was in a mechanic workshop called Modena Autowerks off 12506 West Belfort, Houston, Texas. Hertz local office demanded a deposit from me of $I00.00 which I paid in cash and acknowledged in the documents issued to me. When the mechanic completed their work I dropped the car at the workshop which they returned to Hertz office as agreed.

I expected my deposit money would be sent to me in a timely manner but it did not happen. I went to the local office, and a woman who said she is the manager told me that a check was sent to me but returned because they did not have my house unit number. I gave her all the information and she said it would take 3-4 weeks to reprocess. It has taken over 2 months and I have not got my deposit money back.

I went back again to your local office and met this woman again but she could not even give me a phone number to reach your office and beg that my 100USD deposit be returned to me because I have a serious need for my money. Kindly look into this and resolve immediately.

Upvote (1)

I was having warranty work done on my car at plaza Lincoln in Leesburg fl. and they were supplying me with a loner. I was transported to Hertz and dealt with Nikki Mesa. She said that it would cost x amount per day, and I said that it was not supposed to cost anything as per the dealer. She said ok I'll fix that. I declined all ins options later after I returned the car did I see a charge on my credit card for $79.92. I called the office and talked to Robert and he said he would get back to me.

This was in March and it's the middle of April now and no one returned my call. I deputed the charge with my bank and they stopped payment until this matter was resolved. I have been told to call Mr. Marcus Lechler the general manager in Orland Fl. by Robert Myus which I have done left A message on his cell phone twice in the last 2 days 4/7 & 4/8. Still no response. I have called corporate office only to be forwarded to the villages office in the villages Fl. where I reside. I have had loners before from enterprise and never had a problem I feel I was exploited because I am elderly. Please expedite this matter as I am on a fixed income and don't need any more added expenses.

Upvote (0)

I am writing in to ask why you are closing the car rental office in Corpus Christi, Tx?? I went in to make reservations for late May and they told me that they could not. Being a recent one of your Gold Members I did not understand why. So I asked. I found out that your plans are to close the 'only' Hertz Rental 'in' the city. Yes, we have the airport site but it is out of the way. Very inconvenience!!! Now, I know it can not be cause of their sales. Why?? Because there has been times that they did not have any car rentals available. This is not their fault but the co-operations. So, I hope that this is not a reason. I know that Corpus Christi is a medium size city in South Texas and we deserve a Hertz Rental office. The workers from the employees all the way up to the manager is one of the best. Nothing like that at the airport. I would never go out there to rent one of your cars. I guess I will close now and make a big request. Please reconsider your decision to close 'Our' Hertz Car Rental in the beautiful city of Corpus Christi, Texas. Thank you and I really would like to hear back from you all.

Upvote (0)

I went to Hertz car rental in Sacramento Airport to swap the car that I picked up on Folsom branch that morning, I had to swap the car due to a very strong cigarette smell inside especially when I turned on the aircon. When I arrived at the Hertz Sacramento Airport, I nicely approached the Hertz front clerk named Melissa to tell her that I'm there to swap the car due to the strong smell of cigarette inside the car but instead of her being nice and saying sorry or saying something like hopefully we can help you with your problem, Melissa instead replied to me with a rude voice saying "WHY DID YOU TAKE THE CAR?! She was confrontational. I still answered her question with a calm and polite manner that I did not smell the cigarette until I close all the windows and turn on the AC and by that time the branch of Folsom was already close.

Then she offered a car that has a lesser options/features. I declined that and asked for the same car that I had so I can bring it and swap it to another location. After waiting for several minutes and couple of follow ups they can't find the car, So I asked for the manager and the manager wasn't available. I spoke with Melissa again and she wanted me to wait at the lobby if I want to speak with a manager and god knows how long! Her attitude is really bad, unprofessional, doesn't want to help, making gestures, loud voice, fighting with a customer and RUDE!!!!! What a very poor customer service from Melissa. Is this how Hertz treat your customers? I hope management can do something about this.

Upvote (0)

My wife was granted a Hertz rental in Gresham, OR through State Farm insurance due to an accident. Everything was ok until she returned the car and forgot her garage door opener. When she noticed 20 minutes later I called the manager,Becky, and ask her the retrieve it. She said it wouldn't go anywhere. I ask her to please put it in the office and I would retrieve it the next day. The next day the car was relocated to a big lot of Hertz's and calls were made to locate the opener. Two days later, a Hertz employee, Danny, told me they were trying to locate the opener still. He said the car was still sitting in the lot but they would not go look. He said I could drive out there and look myself.

Upvote (0)

The second day of having the car I had to move the driver seat back to retrieve my phone. I found trash under both seats and also rolling papers and cigirello wrappers. When I called and told them this and explained that had I been pulled over I could have gotten in some serious trouble in turn could have costed me losts of money and court action, as well as possibly loosing my nursing license. The employee adamently continued to deny that this could not have been true insinuating I was a liar. He also said that I could not have gotten in ay trouble with the law. I know different. My cousin is the commander on narcotics for LMPD. Also there was a fuse blown the the radio. I contacted the office and asked them if they could tell me where the fuse box was so I could replace it. The employee said he would have to check and get back with me. I never recieved a phone call. 3 weeks later my checking account was debit for $1718.....really??? When I contacted them they said they had to send it to a dealer to have it repaired but could not tell me for what. I am now fighting the bank because they allowed a debit to come through on a canceled card. I was never once contacted in any form to talk about or resolve the matter. If I dont get my money back with an explanation and my insurance handle the problem I will make it known to the BBB and every social media what I found under the seats.

Upvote (0)

Rented a car at INSKIP Hertz on 12/6/2014, haft way thru rental, I changed cars. Second car was more expensive. When I received the Bill on 1/9/15. They charged me the rate on the second car for the entire rental. They said I would receive a credit in a few weeks, because they could not change the rate because it was after hours. I have gone back 4 times and each time, its the same story.

Upvote (0)

We had to get a rental because my trailblazer was backed into by a semi. We always use hertz as does the company I work for. So I thought I would go through hertz instead of enterprise. I guess that was the first mistake. I went in to receive the car and they insist they asked me about the PDW insurance that was on the final bill, which the insurance company will not cover. I was never explained that there was that charge on the bill and all they kept telling me was it was a legal binding document I signed. The kids working there had to be around 23-25 and I know maybe they went to college, but as they get further in life they will realize that is not the way to treat customers. If we treated our customers as I was treated we would not be in business. All I asked is for that charge to be removed and they insisted they could not remove the charge once again because it was a legal binding contract. I was so angry when I left, I wanted to scream. To top it off I called after the weekend to have the bill sent to me and they still have never sent over a copy. Has that location ever heard of customer service???

Upvote (0)

I reserved a Hertz vehicle and a Delta airline flight vacation package through what I thought was Kayak. Through the wonders of cyber space my confirmation came from "Whats Cheaper". My Automobile was to be picked up at the Phoenix airport on 3/28 and returned to the same place on on 4/2. Reservation numbers were: G52023843A9, (also see RR 157353276). This package was to be all inclusive and prepaid.
When I turned the auto in on Thursday, (1 day early) I was charged $30.71 for additional services which I did not ask for. I would like to have this charge refunded to my American Express Account.
John C. Todd
Principal
Junction Consulting

Upvote (0)

My insurance company called me on April 3,2015 to pick up my rental car from Hertz in Akron Ohio on Brittan Road. I walked into the office where I stood for about 3-4 minutes before I was even greeted. So a agent name Greg asked if I need help and I replied yes I do my insurance company told me to come pick up a vehicle. He informed me I should have called first. So he goes to the computer and asked my name. He pulls up the reservation for me and says we have a Kia Soul. So he leaves to get the vehicle. He comes to the front of the building with the vehicle. OMG!!!!! The vehicle is white. It has grey masking tape on the front bumper and on the fender of the car, as well as something hanging from under the car. So I go to the door and tell him something is hanging under the car, and I have a low driveway and whatever it is will come off when I pull in or out my driveway. He acts like he doesn't see anything, so I tell him I don't want to take the car and it comes off. So he said it's nothing and it won't come off.
So he comes back in the office asked for my id, and debit card or bank card.

I ask why because my insurance is paying for everything why do I need one. He said to have on file. So I give him 4 different debit cards that I have and he went to the back and I guess asked the manager Matt if they could take the cards and he said no. So I call my insurance company myself to see what could be done with leaving message after message, I finally got up to leave and Greg was like so what are you going to do. I was not offered any assistance with this problem from the manager Matt or Greg. They acted like was a bother to be in the office. I have never been so disappointed with a customer service experience in a long time. I was under the impression from my insurance company everything was under there account, and they made me feel like it was a bother to do business with. I will never use them, I can't say again because I never used them the first time. I am also writing to my insurance company that they might want to use a rental car agency that respects the customer, not the card you carry.

Upvote (0)

Reserved a car rental, checked in online. After I got to their offices was told I could not rent the car without a major credit card. They should have said something before.

Upvote (0)

My friend got wrote up because he didn't sell enough safety coverage at Hertz. This is the kind of company you are dealing with...

Upvote (0)

I rented a car from Hertz on Monday 30.2015 First of all when I call ten days ago to make arrangements for a car I was told that someone would be at the location I provided to bring me a car at nine oclock. and the question was asked what kind of car did I want I stated a small car good on gas and I was told the kind of cars that they had and I said I would like a Mazda which I was expecting. First of all no one was there at the time I was told it was at 9:25 am and then taking care of the paper work then when we went outside it was a Chrysler 2013 it was not what I wanted at all the car was too big for me in which was a inconvience for me to go anywhere but to my first job and back uncomfortable with the car I am very unhappy with the service.

Upvote (1)

Counter agent at SFO on 3/28 did not ask if I wanted insurance or gas prepay - if he had I would have declined all. He was distractedly talking to a customer behind me, shovedy paperwork at me without asking me to sign or showing me a total. After a cross-county flight I was just relieved to get in the car and didn't check it. Now I see he added everything possible, DOUBLING my guaranteed rate. Completely unacceptable.

Upvote (2)

I rented a car for a 4 day weekend.. taking my daughter and young granddaughters to PA for a family birthday party. While going through NY and part of PA we ran into torrential rains.. I had really scary handling problems with the car and at one point thought the transmission was slipping and here we are with a 6 month old baby and an 8 year old little girl in the car.. I pulled over till it ended. I told my daughter and son in law about the problems and a really quick look at the car showed the tires were bald! So bald that we weren't getting traction in the rain so they were spinning when I accelerated.. Not only that, there is no inspection sticker on the car anywhere. I always used Enterprise and a friend said Try Hertz.. Never again.. ever.. When I voiced my concerns to the guy when I returned it, he quickly looked at the tires and said.. sorry about that, maam that was it.. I told all my car renting friends and co workers and they won't be using Hertz either.. bad customer service.

Upvote (1)

Made a reservation on line. Requested a compact or an economy car. Prepaid $208 with the understanding I would pay an additional $82 when I got the vehicle. With taxes, etc $325 for a weekly rental. Good yes? NO!!!! When I got to the pick up point (Fort Lauderdale Airport) I was ushered to a screen. Agent was from Hertz in Ft. Meyers. She upgraded me without informing me, I requested Satellite Radio that was not activated by Hertz and therefore not operational, AND when I called customer services, could not get to speak to a live person. Left several messages that were not returned. Called on Saturday to learn that there is not one manning the phones over the weekend! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! First and last time I will ever use Hertz! BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote (1)

I reserved a SUV rental for March 13-16, 2015. I made the reservation on March 6, 2015 via the Hertz website. When I got to the rental car place I was not greeted at all, But I did see the customer service agent sitting with her coat on telling me that they didn't have a contact number for me to inform me that they did not have any rentals avail. I told her that I entered a contact number on the website and I even received a reminder email about my reservation. To make the long story short, I left with no rental vehicle and I was taking my family out of town that day.

Upvote (0)

On Tue. Mar 10, 2015 at 5:30 PM my wife and I picked up our rental car from Hertz in Folsom Calif. Confirmation number G49504412A1. All went well until the check engine light came on 2 days later. I called the Folsom branch and told them my problem.They said they were sorry and gave me the number of a Hertz in the town I was in. They also stated if I was ok driving with the check engine light on till I got back it was ok with them. I ask them to send me an E-mail stating it was ok to drive and was put on hold. After a few min. the person came back on and stated they did not want to be responable. I was given the number of the manager in Whiter and was told they only had a compact to exchange.

The manager refered me to the Rolling heights store and was told they had nothing but if I wanted to come back the next day they would see what they could do for me. They in turn gave me the number of the store in Pico Revera and was put on hold for 5 mins. then disconnected. I then called Orange County Airport and talked to Stephen and he told me to drive the car to the airport where he said there over a hundred cars he could put me in. At 10:00 PM that night I was in a new car with no questions asked. My thanks to Stephen and the employees at the airport for doing the right thing. also my thanks to the employees in Folsom for helping me get a new rental. We will rent from you again in the future and hope we have nice people to help us. Thank you. Kenneth Keith

Contact the Hertz Complaint Department