Customer Satisfaction Results

Hampton Inn

Complaint Department

Posted by Complaints Department on Feb 16, 2015
Customer Rating

We booked 2 rooms for arrival 02/28/13-departing 03/02/13, one for my wife and I another a friend (who paid for there 1 room ) while were to pay for the other (1) room. when we received our cred card statement we found that we were charged for 2 extra days that we were not there for, to the amount of 268.94. We have left a number of messages to a Kimberly Newsome who we were told by calling the number 912-721-3700 that she was part of the H.R. and accounting department , the phone number that we were given is 912-721-51711, our calls were NEVER returned, and requesting to talk with the hotel manager it seems they were always in a meeting and also to busy to return our calls. We find this type of service to paying customers very unsatisfactory, discourteous , and unprofessional and will never recommend or use Hampton Inn and Suites again.

The Inn that we used is, Hampton Inn and Suites
20 Johnston St.
Savanna Ga. 31405

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Hampton Inn provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Hampton Inn?

Compare Hampton Inn to Similar Hotels more...

More Hampton Inn Complaints

Customer Rating

I made an advanced reservation at Hampton Inn. On the day of arrival a snow storm had closed the major interstate highway (I-80) forcing me to cancel my reservation. I asked for a refund and was told "no refunds". I tried to explain that due to conditions beyond my control (snow storm), I had to cancel my reservation and requested a refund. The "advanced reservation" department was extremely rude, unhelpful and could care less about my situation. I asked if the $158 dollars could be used towards a future reservation at Hampton Inn. I was told "no, that's not possible". I am out $158 dollars. I will never stay at Hampton Inn. I am going to recommend that that no one from my place of employment (1,500 employees) ever stay at Hampton Inn as well.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

We had 2 rooms booked with Hampton Inn Jan.11th, 2012 at Hampton Inn in Savannah, Ga.confirmation no. 111125481380. Our guests cancelled on us Jan. 4th..We called the hotel to try to cancel that one room and was told we could not because we had booked online..so my husband understood that situation and asked to change that room for Sat. night so we could show our two granddaughters around Savannah the next day, as we were their on business for the Fruit and Vegetable Conference at the convention center...we were told that they could not do that, the company we booked with was unwilling to do this for us and Hampton Inn in Savannah was unwilling..my question is....

Why could we not have stayed another night...Hampton Inn was paid for the Friday night regardless of who we booked with & the room was NOT used..I don't understand why the room was not interchangeable for the next night, if they had a vacant room...please explain..We stayed at this hotel last year during the conference and were pleased but this experience has been difficult to understand...

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

Check in hampton alexandria old town south virginia the room had stink begs in room call ed front desk they send up a guy to spraay during the night I had to get up and kill some of the bugs too late to move to another room plus driving all day I exped the general manager to call. Its 4 days pass no reply

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

I was staying in room 307 at the Hampton Inn. Throughout the night I heard loud noises I called the front desk they said they resolve the problem but I continue to hear nosiness and when I left out to go down stairs I smell this very bad odor that smell like drugs I also told the desk clerk if was not nothing the clerk can do for me . This my business trip and I decided to stay here i couldn't get what I wanted down because of to many interruptions. I'm very unsatisfactory. I Was Not Happy With My Stay!

Customer Rating

ON 12/18/14 I made a reservation for my wife and my two children because I went to a surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery unfortunately I need to stay in it for a couple of more days, my wife spoke to the person on the front desk an told her she need a extra night stay in it, the person on the front desk said it is ok by you need to change the room for tomorrow night (12/19/14) my wife said will be ok to change the room, next evening 12/19/14 she came around 8 pm with my two children and the person in the front desk and the manager (Nelson) told her we don't have any rooms for you and here is your luggage that my wife left because they told her after they clean the room they will bring it up. How is possible to do this things to a lady with two small children at that time and with out any help from the persons of your hotel.

I need and explanation why you people do that after they told her yes we do have a room and we will hold your luggage. I just write this now because my wife never told me about this problem until now because I was trying to recuperate from the two surgeries I had. I though Hampton Inn treated everyone well especially clients like me and my company who is you very frequently. My Hilton HHonnors #913546575 please let me know if I need to cancel it and change my staff and my self for a different hotel who treat us better.

Customer Rating

My Company spends allot of money with Hampton all over the world. We have a range of 200 to 1000 employee's monthly staying a various hotels. I do not want to give my full name but I am still a Guest here and will be looking for a different hotel as soon as I can. Here is my complaint. Since when do your staff have the right to call me on my personal phone to get my information? I am a married woman for 15 years 4 great kids and a husband I adore. You have a new guy I have never seen before, I believe his name is Anthony ("or by him I can call him Tony") I get several calls asking me if I need anything? This should be done on he room phone not my personal phone that I give to your hotel. When I was checking into the hotel, I felt very uncomfortable doing so when he was standing there. He wear's these dark glasses and I can not see his eye's, so I can imagine what it is he is looking at. I am full figured woman and his comments are really starting to offend me.

I got a call from him this evening and wanted to know if "I am lonely" would I like to go have a late dinner with him when he get's off work. I explained to him that I was married, and happy, he said to me on my phone" well I am dating someone too, but what they don't know won't hurt them, ("Meaning my husband and his whatever". I am not really happy with his service and i do not think this guy should be allowed to work for such a awesome company such as your's. Again I am afraid to give you my full name because as long as he works here at this hotel I am afraid a repercussion will happen to either my vehicle parked in your lot or while I am sleeping in my room I have to put the saddle lock on because I am afraid he can walk in on me when I am in the shower, or even sleeping. This is not what your customer's want to go through at your hotel.

Since 45% of my Employer is Women who travel most we expect to feel safe, not like some guy wants to try something on us. I am not into Employer's firing people. But this guy needs to go. I looked at our records and the multi billion dollar company I work for has spent in the last two months alone was over 26,000.00 through out the US. I do not want to get this with the Law involved because some of our women who comes to this exact location will get hurt some how. You have a live ticking time bomb here, and who is to say that this man can hurt one of us and nobody will know. Would you want to stay at this hotel? If this matter does not get taken care of I will have no choice but to get a lawyer and start a Lawsuit against Hampton Inn for Sexual Harassment and stalking.

My company will support us in our decision. I advised my company about this and they suggested writing you instead first to know my discomfort. I just now got a text from your Employee the same Employee just now as I was writing this this time the text read. It's 11:30 and I am off work now, I am able to stick around and come to your room to give you a back rub if you want, you looked tired. I know with my style I can make you feel all good inside by the time I leave." What do you think text me back and i will wait here for you, all you have to do is look out your window and that will tell me you agree on it." I am going to bring this to my Company and see if they want us to cancel all rooms and go to a different hotel. I am telling you this, this man will be a liability to Hampton if he remains Employed Here.

Customer Rating

I was wrongful terminated for harassment and retaliation and discrimination against me. I went to the management and GM they told me basically its her way or the door. I must do what she says and have no respond to how she talks to people.

Customer Rating

Not as clean as most Hampton Inns are;but the really big negative,was no hot coffee..was barely warm in the carafe.I love the oatmeal,but the consistency was not good.Actually the whole room was not so clean. When you tell an employee about it,all they did was say oh,sorry. I love staying in Hampton Inns..in fact this is service as it should be. We are in The Hampton Inn in Ocala, Florida. Nice Staff. Thanks, do not like to complain, but; for the sake of others I have.

Customer Rating

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Chesterfield, Michigan on New Year’s Eve and had a little bit of an unpleasant stay. The guests on our floor were rude and being loud all night – I realized that it was New Years Eve but at 3:30 in the morning, it was time for bed. The hotel staff did nothing to rectify this issue. Finally and more unbelievable to me was the fact that the next day, I found two different credit card charges totaling $50 on my credit card.

When I called the hotel, they basically informed me that this was for “incidentals” and were rather rude about it and said the charges would drop off in 2 days. When I checked in, the staff told me they needed a credit card for “incidentals” and did not inform me that my card would be charged $50. I would assume that meant in case I destroyed something, then I would have been charged.

This is something that really should be disclosed at the time you check in and obviously people are going to call about it after the fact. I don’t think the staff should be rude either when you do call. Its your or their policy not mine. Needless to say, I got probably 3 hours of sleep because of all the commotion.

Customer Rating

Friday, 9 November 2012 I made a requested at the front desk for a room for one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites Vanderbuilt Ellliston Place, 2330 Elliston Place, Nashville TN 37203. I was informed that all rooms accept for an 1 handicap room had been sold out. I expressed that I would prefer the room at a discount military AAPR or AAA rate. I was informed that no discount rates were avaliable. My first complaint is how is your business appreciating the veterans especially on VETERANS DAY weekend at your place of businesses as advertise, "the best available preferable discount rates."

The second compaint is, my preference was to pay $320 cash upon check-out. I did receive a receipt for payment of the room under the door of my room. However, I did not receive a receipt for the cash payment nor were these charges immediately refunded to my debit card. After returning home I reviewed my debit card account and noted that a $320 outstanding room charge. I called the front desk of the request why my debit card payment had not been refunded. I am recently retired after 28 years of service in USAF. This is totally unacceptable for amultiple star HOTEL/INN.C

Customer Rating

I work for FEMA and when I checked in to Hampton Inn 10-20-11 located Hershey, PA. I gave the desk clerk a tax exempt form for the state of Pennsylvania, The next morning when I checked out I notce that the taxes had not been removed from my check out receipt. I asked the desk clerk, could she look for the form that were submitted for tax exemption, which she did, but stated that she could not remove the tax, because her Manager was not there. She than made a call to her manager; and were told that she could only remove the County room tax but not the state tax.

I informed the clerk that I need 0 balance with the correct pricing on the receipt, which she said that she could not provide.The clerk wanted me to leave with a inconplete receipt and stated that her manager would e mail me if correction needed to be made. I finally decided that i would pay for the taxes and went to turn my key in. That manager just walked in and did give me my 0 balance. This was very stressful in a stressful situation because no one was availble that was knowlegable of dealing with matters like this. I have always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inn, but this is far the worse encounter that I have experience at any Hotel.

Customer Rating

I was planning a surprise night for my fiance's 24th birthday & i thought the Hampton would be a wonderful spot because it was so beautiful , i was wrong !
Before i booked my room , i asked them directly " do i need a credit card to book a room " they replied " no " so i booked " 1 king suit whirlpool " a week later i get a call from The Hampton Inn saying " you can not book this room because you need a credit card for this type of room " so i had to change my plans because i didnt want to use my fiance card because its a surprise . so i got a " king studio suit "

When i booked in on 12/31/12 , they asked me when i wanted my romance package set up , i said 6:30 because i have dinner plans for 6:00 & i would like it to be there for when my fiance & I come back .

when we got back at 8:00 , i had him blind folded to see the surprise , when i got to the room , NOTHING was set up ! it was very upsetting , because i wanted it done for him at 6:30 . i then called down to the front desk & she seemed very ungrateful , " yeah it will be right up " she said to me ! 30 MINUTES later a woman comes to my room and hands me champagne & it was SO WARM when i opened it , i had to put the champagne in EVERY glass i could fine & put it into my mini fridge .

Had to wait at least and hour before i could start my night . Then children were running all around the halls screaming which i did no mind because it was only 10:00 , but as the night went on i could not sleep & called down & they said they'd get right on that but did not !

I then rented a movie on the television , & the end got cut off because the fire alarms went off because people were smoking in the hall way on floor 4 ! ( i thought they had secretory for that reason ? ) , so we had to wait outside for about 30 minutes to 1 hour & now my fiance is sick !

Also before i booked the romance package a woman told me included was champagne , chocolates & flowers . i NEVER did receive flowers . Before i checked out there is a plaque saying if im not 100 % satisfied with my stay i dont pay , well i told her and she held out her hand as if to say pay and leave .

Every thing that went wrong caused my surprise to my fiance to FAIL & make my night miserable & everything went wrong on the Hampton Inn's part .
1) they did not set my room up for 6:30n like i ASKED it was done at 8;30 with WARM champagne
2) they were rude and unwelcoming
3) i got false information on the package i purchased
4) i did not finish my movie i BOUGHT because alarms went off for smoking in the building
5) i did not sleep at all because of loud children in the halls ( which i complained about )
6 ) when i checked out they did not care about my satisfaction , they wanted my money and wanted us gone.

I paid a total of : 220.33$ & i do have my receipt & i do want my money back because it said on the plaque on the door , " if your not 100% satisfied you dont pay " well i was not & when i was there they did not follow that rule & did not care . I would not come back again , & i do NOT recommend ANYONE to go .

The Hampton Inn i went to was in Moncton , NB the address is
700 Mapleton Road , Moncton , NB , E1G 0L7
Phone # : 506-855-4819 Fax # : 506-855-8702

Customer Rating

I by mistake booked a advance reservation online. The day before we were traveling I realized after a call to the hotel I had made the reservation on the wrong date. Don't know how this happened but it did. The hotel had a room on the night we needed it but would not let me change the reservation to that date. I have talked to numerous people and it is the same run around, they frankly could care less about my problem, offer no solution, no help and I am out of $108.00 that I did not have to lose. I have never been treated so badly by any company, the unconcern is unbelievable. I will never ever stay at a Hampton Inn and will advise anyone I can to never stay with this chain of hotels.

They don't care about their customers!

Customer Rating

We checked into the Hampton inn in Newberry, SC. We were so disappointed! First no MSNBC on the tv. Then we could not access the Internet on our own iPad or the hotels computer. That happens sometimes we were told. Going into the bathroom we noticed mold around the bathtub and the last straw was when my husband killed a big roach in the bathroom ! The desk clerk made no apologies and we left! We have always been happy with Hampton Inn and look for them as we travel. We were very unhappy with this one and will look elsewhere in the future.

Linda Roberts

Customer Rating

I stayed at the Alexandria VA Hampton Inn (1616 King St) from 3/27/13 to 3/30/13. Upon checking in a person who appeared to be homeless was sleeping in the lobby. Each morning people came off the street, put breakfast items in their pockets and left. One morning I went into the unlocked lobby restroom and a man was in there washing. Another time a barefooted man came in to raid the breakfast bar. When I complained to the desk clerk she wouldn't do anything about these people and seemed not to be concerned. At $250 per night I expect more security and don't want non guests hanging around the breakfast bar and lobby. I have never experienced this in over 40 years of staying in hotels.

Customer Rating

We were extremely disappointed with our stay at the Hampton Inn at Tarpons Inn, Florida. We had to ask to change our first room because of the smell of cigarette smoke in the room. The staff was very accommodating and changed our room. We were not happy with our second room because it was 1) dirty; 2) wall paper was peeling off the wall; 3) coffee machine dirty; 4) upholstery on the chair was stained and dirty; 5) mold on the ice machine; 6) broken tile; 7) no hot water at lavatory sink; 8) disable bar was broken; and 9) bad lighting in bathroom. I took pictures evidencing the aforementioned conditions. I am a Hilton Honors Award member and never stayed at a Hampton Inn where I encountered these conditions. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Customer Rating

Checked in and out within hours due to bedbugs in room. I was told by the clerk that there were no other rooms available so if I choose not to stay they couldn't help me. I was truly out done, who wants to choose to stay in a room with bedbugs. It was explained to me that i would not be charged money woukd gi back on my card in about five days. i stated i understand what you are saying but coukd you pkease give me something in writing staring i wont be charged. she said she couldnt provide me we such. i told her tgat im traveling from out of town and do t want ti fet hone and never see my money and have no proof but a picture of the bugs. Another toung lady started her shift and helped with tge matter...but still didt want to document no charge. i had to literally act loke a fool and threaten to knock on every doir and inform tgem of bedbugs in tge facility. Then she made the notation, after to long if going backwards and forward. So, being without hotel money to stay anywhere else if i wanted to...i had to travel back home to baltimore from nc. I was out raged ...I was told the manager couldn't be reached over tge weekend. Not only do I want my money back, but want a complimentary stay at a location where I feel comfortable. I can be reached at 443-243-8560

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Linda Clark-Ihekuna on 09/01/2013 at IP address 174.227.198.156 using our Hampton Inn Henderson NC complaint form. This opinions contained in this Hampton Inn Henderson NC customer review titled, "Bedbugs!!!!" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I made reservation to stay at the hampton Inn in Manhattan, kansas two weeks ago for my businees trip for the federal government. Upon arriving to my businees that I was investigating I found a Marriot right across the street from the company. Having to work their two days and long hours I went to the Marriot and asked them of room availability, and they had one available. I asked the clerk to give me the phone njumber of the Hampton Inn in Manhattan, Kansas so I could try to cancel. I received the phone number from the clerk and called the HJampton Inn in Manhattan. I was advised by the desk clerk that the hotel was not sold out and that I would be charged since I did not give a 24 hour notification. The clerk also told me to call back because if the hampton could sell my ropom I would not be charged. JUpon completing my appointment for the day I returned to the Marriot and inquired again about a room for the evening . The clerk (a new person) said one was available, and I again asked for the Hampton Inn's phone number in Manhattan, Kansas. the clerk from the Marriot gave me a phone number and I called waht I thought was the hampton Inn in Manhattan, kansas. a clerk answered the phone and I advised her that I had made reservations and wanted to cancel if my room could be sold. The clerk stated that she could not find my name in the log book, and she further stated that because she couldn't find my name that the reservation must have been cancelled. So at that time I accepted a room at the Marriot Hotel. After dinner that evening I called agaion to the Hampton Inn and found out that my reservations had not been cancelled and that the clerk at the Marriot had given me the wrong number, and that the number she gave me was for the local Hamption in Junction City, Kansas. the clerk that told me my reservations were cancelled was Ashley. Now I am stuck with two hotel bills for the same nite, and it looks like I tried to commit fraud to the federal government, as my government credit card shows two hotel bills for the same nite. I asked the manager for the Hampton Inn in Manhattan that since I was being charged could I stay at the hotel th e

Customer Rating

I made a previous complaint...had no idea it would be posted actually thought it was going to the complaint department. Also, thought I deleted it due to numerous typos. But, the fact still remains that it was the worst experience ever.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Linda CI on 09/02/2013 at IP address 174.236.192.29 using our Hampton inn Henderson NC complaint form. This opinions contained in this Hampton inn Henderson NC customer review titled, "Bedbugs!!!" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

recently stayed at hampton inn in spring hill fl. the manager charged my card 200.00 extra for smoking in room. This did not happen. After several attempts to contact and discuss this with managment a week plus and haven't been able to reach them. I did not smoke in the room. The security cameras can be looked at and will show me smoking outside near my car everytime. It was fridaythe 25th and saturday morning the 26th. The cameras will show me smoking next to a silver mercedes. If they say they smell smoke it was probably my clothes. My travel partner brought this to my attention. I will not let this go away. 513-623-2159

Contact the Hampton Inn Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Hampton Inn. What is their corporate mailing address?

• I want to call the Hampton Inn customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

• I need to visit the Hampton Inn company website. What is their website address?