Customer Satisfaction Results

Hampton Inn

Complaint Department

Filed by Complaints Department on Feb 16, 2015
Consumer Rating

We booked 2 rooms for arrival 02/28/13-departing 03/02/13, one for my wife and I another a friend (who paid for there 1 room ) while were to pay for the other (1) room. when we received our cred card statement we found that we were charged for 2 extra days that we were not there for, to the amount of 268.94. We have left a number of messages to a Kimberly Newsome who we were told by calling the number 912-721-3700 that she was part of the H.R. and accounting department , the phone number that we were given is 912-721-51711, our calls were NEVER returned, and requesting to talk with the hotel manager it seems they were always in a meeting and also to busy to return our calls. We find this type of service to paying customers very unsatisfactory, discourteous , and unprofessional and will never recommend or use Hampton Inn and Suites again. The Inn that we used is, Hampton Inn and Suites 20 Johnston St. Savanna Ga. 31405

5 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Hampton Inn?

Compare Hampton Inn to Similar Hotels more...

Hampton Inn Customer Feedback Trending Now

48 Hampton Inn consumers have created complaints against Hampton Inn to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Hampton Inn complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Hampton Inn corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

I was overcharged a $100 for a 1 week stay at the aforesaid LI hotel. A 209.24 credit provided its manager Bruce for 2 unsatisfactory days when there was no housekeeping services provided was not given. Efforts to resolve the matter with its manager Bruce were futile. I made a AAA reservation listed under the Hampton Inn website and received a special additional discount for paying-in-full in advance for a non-refundable, non cancellable reservation. The entire cost would be forfeited if we arrived late and no credit if checked-out early. The reservation did not reflect the standard 10% discounts of AAA, AARP, Seniors, Military, Honors or 5% retired PO.

In NC I receive the AAA and retired po courtesies. Bruce provided an official receipt documenting the $100 discrepancy and Suzanne wrote on a sheet of paper the amount due for 2 day credit and the confirmation # which would appear from its AAA travel agent. Bruce was refusing to accept accountability claiming AAA got the money. He called spoke to his agent and handed the phone to me The correct price on the bill documents I was overcharged by its AAA agent who is in effect stealing from both of us. The bottom line is Hampton Inn allows AAA travel to represent it and as such is responsible for its deficiencies. and mis feasances. "You have to get the money from the other guy" is a response often used by collaborators Last sentence on my receipt states I may have to present our membership card to get the AAA discount.

Consumer Rating

We stayed there on Saturday night, April 11, 2015. We were woken up by a fire alarm going off at 3:40am. When came to our senses and realize that it was actual an fire alarm. Our room was on the top floor (4th) and we were confused and not sure whether it was a real thing or prank or exercise being done. Finally after about 5-6 minutes or so someone came by and told us that the front desk said for us to actual an alarm and to evacuate the building. My concern was why there was not a better way to let folks know for sure what's going on. (maybe a recording on the phone to tell that is real fire and to get out or over the intercom system or something to help. I would think your hotel would have a better way to confirm that we needed to get out of there. Believe the alarm was sounding but we did not smell anything so it was hard to believe that a fire was going on. We were told by others in the parking lot that there was a small fire or something going on the first floor. The hotel did not even say they were sorry for the interruption when we checked out the next day. I know the folks that morning was not the ones there when this happen but they should of at least acknowledge that we had been erupted during the night by the fire alarm. Given us a slight discount for our stay or say they sorry that it happen. We heard it was a kitchen fire. A note under the door would of been nice the next morning when we got up explaining what happen. Oh, I just had another thoughy, they want to know how many are staying when you check in but no came around from the hotel to verify that everyone had gotten out safely. I hope this never happens again. We have always prefer to stay at Hampton but maybe you need to implement a better way to let you customers know when a fire is in the building along with the fire alarm.

Consumer Rating

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Atlanta - Canton on 4/7/2015 and 4/8/2017 in room 310. We missed an appointment on Wednesday morning because we left a wake up call for 7:00am and did not receive one!!!!!!! Thought that this should be noted as a complaint so this can be corrected by the staff and it will not happen to someone else in the future. This missed wake up call, not only had my husband and I miss a critical appointment, but it also cost us money. If you are going to offer a service like wake up calls, then do the service! I've learned my mistake and will set many alarms in the future, not depending on the thoughtless people of Hampton Inn

Consumer Rating

On 2-13-15 my wife and i checked in at the Haampton inn in Blytheville Ar.We paid 110.36 in CASH and took recpt.Had to leave our credit card for possible damage deposit,we told the girl do not swipe the card.We picked up our card am 2-15 and left no damage etc. im 80 yrs old wife about the same.We retruned home 2 wks. later to find a 119.36 bill on our credit card.After 6 calls e mail etc nothing.Our credit card was used with out out permission and someone kept our 110.36.Stay far away from there there a bunch of low down dirty cons,P.S. MOLLY the manager is a real peach lol to do business with.Molly i hope you read this you s--- b---

Consumer Rating

Upon arrival to this hotel, the front dear staff were sitting down on the chairs in the lobby. No proper greeting or friendly smiles. First impression was a disappointment. If that wasn't bad enough, the front desk person was confused and couldn't decide which room to assign to us. No usual offering of snacks such as cookies and/or popped corn. Upon entry into our room I was immediately disappointed in the appearance all old furniture. Given the coat of this room, I would expect these rooms be updated. The maintenance people Trevor, imparticular, was very helpful as there were a couple of issues the toilet wouldn't flush and the thermometer was located on the wall and wasn't controlled on the heating unit itself (no one instructed). Also, the employees who helped with the breakfast were cheerful and had the breakfast items well stocked and looking fresh.
Overall, I was very disappointed with my hotel experience. Chances are I will not return to this hotel after such a disappointing stay.

Consumer Rating

I was staying in room 307 at the Hampton Inn. Throughout the night I heard loud noises I called the front desk they said they resolve the problem but I continue to hear nosiness and when I left out to go down stairs I smell this very bad odor that smell like drugs I also told the desk clerk if was not nothing the clerk can do for me . This my business trip and I decided to stay here i couldn't get what I wanted down because of to many interruptions. I'm very unsatisfactory. I Was Not Happy With My Stay!

Consumer Rating

ON 12/18/14 I made a reservation for my wife and my two children because I went to a surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery unfortunately I need to stay in it for a couple of more days, my wife spoke to the person on the front desk an told her she need a extra night stay in it, the person on the front desk said it is ok by you need to change the room for tomorrow night (12/19/14) my wife said will be ok to change the room, next evening 12/19/14 she came around 8 pm with my two children and the person in the front desk and the manager (Nelson) told her we don't have any rooms for you and here is your luggage that my wife left because they told her after they clean the room they will bring it up. How is possible to do this things to a lady with two small children at that time and with out any help from the persons of your hotel.

I need and explanation why you people do that after they told her yes we do have a room and we will hold your luggage. I just write this now because my wife never told me about this problem until now because I was trying to recuperate from the two surgeries I had. I though Hampton Inn treated everyone well especially clients like me and my company who is you very frequently. My Hilton HHonnors #913546575 please let me know if I need to cancel it and change my staff and my self for a different hotel who treat us better.

Consumer Rating

My Company spends allot of money with Hampton all over the world. We have a range of 200 to 1000 employee's monthly staying a various hotels. I do not want to give my full name but I am still a Guest here and will be looking for a different hotel as soon as I can. Here is my complaint. Since when do your staff have the right to call me on my personal phone to get my information? I am a married woman for 15 years 4 great kids and a husband I adore. You have a new guy I have never seen before, I believe his name is Anthony ("or by him I can call him Tony") I get several calls asking me if I need anything? This should be done on he room phone not my personal phone that I give to your hotel. When I was checking into the hotel, I felt very uncomfortable doing so when he was standing there. He wear's these dark glasses and I can not see his eye's, so I can imagine what it is he is looking at. I am full figured woman and his comments are really starting to offend me.

I got a call from him this evening and wanted to know if "I am lonely" would I like to go have a late dinner with him when he get's off work. I explained to him that I was married, and happy, he said to me on my phone" well I am dating someone too, but what they don't know won't hurt them, ("Meaning my husband and his whatever". I am not really happy with his service and i do not think this guy should be allowed to work for such a awesome company such as your's. Again I am afraid to give you my full name because as long as he works here at this hotel I am afraid a repercussion will happen to either my vehicle parked in your lot or while I am sleeping in my room I have to put the saddle lock on because I am afraid he can walk in on me when I am in the shower, or even sleeping. This is not what your customer's want to go through at your hotel.

Since 45% of my Employer is Women who travel most we expect to feel safe, not like some guy wants to try something on us. I am not into Employer's firing people. But this guy needs to go. I looked at our records and the multi billion dollar company I work for has spent in the last two months alone was over 26,000.00 through out the US. I do not want to get this with the Law involved because some of our women who comes to this exact location will get hurt some how. You have a live ticking time bomb here, and who is to say that this man can hurt one of us and nobody will know. Would you want to stay at this hotel? If this matter does not get taken care of I will have no choice but to get a lawyer and start a Lawsuit against Hampton Inn for Sexual Harassment and stalking.

My company will support us in our decision. I advised my company about this and they suggested writing you instead first to know my discomfort. I just now got a text from your Employee the same Employee just now as I was writing this this time the text read. It's 11:30 and I am off work now, I am able to stick around and come to your room to give you a back rub if you want, you looked tired. I know with my style I can make you feel all good inside by the time I leave." What do you think text me back and i will wait here for you, all you have to do is look out your window and that will tell me you agree on it." I am going to bring this to my Company and see if they want us to cancel all rooms and go to a different hotel. I am telling you this, this man will be a liability to Hampton if he remains Employed Here.

Consumer Rating

I was wrongful terminated for harassment and retaliation and discrimination against me. I went to the management and GM they told me basically its her way or the door. I must do what she says and have no respond to how she talks to people.

Consumer Rating

Not as clean as most Hampton Inns are;but the really big negative,was no hot coffee..was barely warm in the carafe.I love the oatmeal,but the consistency was not good.Actually the whole room was not so clean. When you tell an employee about it,all they did was say oh,sorry. I love staying in Hampton Inns..in fact this is service as it should be. We are in The Hampton Inn in Ocala, Florida. Nice Staff. Thanks, do not like to complain, but; for the sake of others I have.

Consumer Rating

We had 2 rooms booked with Hampton Inn Jan.11th, 2012 at Hampton Inn in Savannah, Ga.confirmation no. 111125481380. Our guests cancelled on us Jan. 4th..We called the hotel to try to cancel that one room and was told we could not because we had booked online..so my husband understood that situation and asked to change that room for Sat. night so we could show our two granddaughters around Savannah the next day, as we were their on business for the Fruit and Vegetable Conference at the convention center...we were told that they could not do that, the company we booked with was unwilling to do this for us and Hampton Inn in Savannah was unwilling..my question is....

Why could we not have stayed another night...Hampton Inn was paid for the Friday night regardless of who we booked with & the room was NOT used..I don't understand why the room was not interchangeable for the next night, if they had a vacant room...please explain..We stayed at this hotel last year during the conference and were pleased but this experience has been difficult to understand...

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

Check in hampton alexandria old town south virginia the room had stink begs in room call ed front desk they send up a guy to spraay during the night I had to get up and kill some of the bugs too late to move to another room plus driving all day I exped the general manager to call. Its 4 days pass no reply

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

The gentlemen who was working the front desk, David, was the most unfriendly worker I have ever met at a Hampton Inn. He did not seem to be very good at his costumer service, and seemed to 'huff and puff' at any question I had for him. I felt like I was putting him out just with simple questions. It looked as though he was making 'key cards' when we arrived, and he didn't acknowledge us for a few moments, and when we did it seemed like we were a bother. Then later I asked if we could get a childs crib/playpen brought to our room, and he just said very abruptly, "well I'll have to go see if we have one available" and just walked away, then a minute later he came back through the lobby, and I asked if I should wait, or go to the room, to which he said, 'no just go back to your room, if I find one, I'll bring it" again very abruptly..., it just didn't seem appropriate. Then the last thing was in the evening I brought my son downstairs to get a little cup of hot chocolate before bed, and as I was looking to see if they had hot water I only saw coffee, so I turned around and asked David if there was any hot water. He did not even look up at me.., a few seconds went past and then he just walked away..., this was bothersome to me, and I thought maybe for a minute that he possibly didn't hear me, but then he re-appeared with a container of hot water, walked up by us and set it down next to the coffee rather abruptly, again without saying anything, then went back to his desk.
I don't feel like I was being overly needy, and I don't feel like the things I was asking him should have bothered him that much. I stay at Hampton Inn's almost anytime I travel and I must say that I love all of my experiences, but this one really set me back. Not to mention that it was on Valentines Day, and I was hoping to have a romantic evening with my wife, and then to be met with this gentleman and his attitude kind of ruined the night. We used our Hilton Honors points to set up this free stay, but I must say that everything was pretty well ruined by this experience, and I would like to have some free vouchers or something to stay another night at another Hampton Inn. I know Hampton Inn has their 100% Guarentee, and I would normally never ask for this (and I never have had to ask for this,) but I feel like this time warrents asking for some type of refund. And I think someone should definitely talk with David at the Richmond Southwest Virginia Hull Street Hampton Inn about his Customer Service Skills.
My email is: robbsmack@gmail.com
My Phone Number is: (804) 304-5915

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Consumer Rating

On 9/12/12 I went to the Hampton Inn on Apalachee Parkway in Tallahassee Florida to check the availability of a room for one night. The desk clerk said he had plenty of rooms & asked for my name. I told him it was for my boss Don Scozzari. He went to write his name down & I asked would a credit card hold his room? And if he doesn't show will there be charges. The clerk said no, we will only charge you if he checks in. I told the clerk that Mr. Scozzari has his own Company Credit Card & it should be billed to his card only. That night after our meeting, Mr Scozzari decided to travel back to Albany so he could be in Athens the next day. On friday 9/28/12 I get my statement & there is a two night charge on my card for $111.38. I called the local hotel & was transfered to Ashley's voice mail. I left a message for her to call me about a charge on my credit card. She did not call me back. On 10/01/12 I went to the same local hotel to discuss this with a manager & was again met with the same desk clerk who told me there would be NO CHARGES unless he checked in. First, he could not locate in their system anything with my name or Mr. Scozzari. He asked if I could get my credit card statement? I said yes, give me 30 mins while I go back to my office to retrieve. Opon returning, I show the clerk my statement, he finally found where it was charged, went back to talk to the GUEST SERVICES MANAGER. She told him to go back out there and deny the refund. These people are a disgrace to company. I have been lied to, ignored & have wasted my time on something that should not have happened. After this email is sent, I will be going to the Better Business Bureau to file a formal complaint . I was told there would be NO CHARGES. All of this has so far taken 3 hours of my time.

Thank you.

Mike Ekberg
850 251-0068 cell

Consumer Rating

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Chesterfield, Michigan on New Year’s Eve and had a little bit of an unpleasant stay. The guests on our floor were rude and being loud all night – I realized that it was New Years Eve but at 3:30 in the morning, it was time for bed. The hotel staff did nothing to rectify this issue. Finally and more unbelievable to me was the fact that the next day, I found two different credit card charges totaling $50 on my credit card.

When I called the hotel, they basically informed me that this was for “incidentals” and were rather rude about it and said the charges would drop off in 2 days. When I checked in, the staff told me they needed a credit card for “incidentals” and did not inform me that my card would be charged $50. I would assume that meant in case I destroyed something, then I would have been charged.

This is something that really should be disclosed at the time you check in and obviously people are going to call about it after the fact. I don’t think the staff should be rude either when you do call. Its your or their policy not mine. Needless to say, I got probably 3 hours of sleep because of all the commotion.

Consumer Rating

Friday, 9 November 2012 I made a requested at the front desk for a room for one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites Vanderbuilt Ellliston Place, 2330 Elliston Place, Nashville TN 37203. I was informed that all rooms accept for an 1 handicap room had been sold out. I expressed that I would prefer the room at a discount military AAPR or AAA rate. I was informed that no discount rates were avaliable. My first complaint is how is your business appreciating the veterans especially on VETERANS DAY weekend at your place of businesses as advertise, "the best available preferable discount rates."

The second compaint is, my preference was to pay $320 cash upon check-out. I did receive a receipt for payment of the room under the door of my room. However, I did not receive a receipt for the cash payment nor were these charges immediately refunded to my debit card. After returning home I reviewed my debit card account and noted that a $320 outstanding room charge. I called the front desk of the request why my debit card payment had not been refunded. I am recently retired after 28 years of service in USAF. This is totally unacceptable for amultiple star HOTEL/INN.C

Consumer Rating

I work for FEMA and when I checked in to Hampton Inn 10-20-11 located Hershey, PA. I gave the desk clerk a tax exempt form for the state of Pennsylvania, The next morning when I checked out I notce that the taxes had not been removed from my check out receipt. I asked the desk clerk, could she look for the form that were submitted for tax exemption, which she did, but stated that she could not remove the tax, because her Manager was not there. She than made a call to her manager; and were told that she could only remove the County room tax but not the state tax.

I informed the clerk that I need 0 balance with the correct pricing on the receipt, which she said that she could not provide.The clerk wanted me to leave with a inconplete receipt and stated that her manager would e mail me if correction needed to be made. I finally decided that i would pay for the taxes and went to turn my key in. That manager just walked in and did give me my 0 balance. This was very stressful in a stressful situation because no one was availble that was knowlegable of dealing with matters like this. I have always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inn, but this is far the worse encounter that I have experience at any Hotel.

Consumer Rating

I was planning a surprise night for my fiance's 24th birthday & i thought the Hampton would be a wonderful spot because it was so beautiful , i was wrong !
Before i booked my room , i asked them directly " do i need a credit card to book a room " they replied " no " so i booked " 1 king suit whirlpool " a week later i get a call from The Hampton Inn saying " you can not book this room because you need a credit card for this type of room " so i had to change my plans because i didnt want to use my fiance card because its a surprise . so i got a " king studio suit "

When i booked in on 12/31/12 , they asked me when i wanted my romance package set up , i said 6:30 because i have dinner plans for 6:00 & i would like it to be there for when my fiance & I come back .

when we got back at 8:00 , i had him blind folded to see the surprise , when i got to the room , NOTHING was set up ! it was very upsetting , because i wanted it done for him at 6:30 . i then called down to the front desk & she seemed very ungrateful , " yeah it will be right up " she said to me ! 30 MINUTES later a woman comes to my room and hands me champagne & it was SO WARM when i opened it , i had to put the champagne in EVERY glass i could fine & put it into my mini fridge .

Had to wait at least and hour before i could start my night . Then children were running all around the halls screaming which i did no mind because it was only 10:00 , but as the night went on i could not sleep & called down & they said they'd get right on that but did not !

I then rented a movie on the television , & the end got cut off because the fire alarms went off because people were smoking in the hall way on floor 4 ! ( i thought they had secretory for that reason ? ) , so we had to wait outside for about 30 minutes to 1 hour & now my fiance is sick !

Also before i booked the romance package a woman told me included was champagne , chocolates & flowers . i NEVER did receive flowers . Before i checked out there is a plaque saying if im not 100 % satisfied with my stay i dont pay , well i told her and she held out her hand as if to say pay and leave .

Every thing that went wrong caused my surprise to my fiance to FAIL & make my night miserable & everything went wrong on the Hampton Inn's part .
1) they did not set my room up for 6:30n like i ASKED it was done at 8;30 with WARM champagne
2) they were rude and unwelcoming
3) i got false information on the package i purchased
4) i did not finish my movie i BOUGHT because alarms went off for smoking in the building
5) i did not sleep at all because of loud children in the halls ( which i complained about )
6 ) when i checked out they did not care about my satisfaction , they wanted my money and wanted us gone.

I paid a total of : 220.33$ & i do have my receipt & i do want my money back because it said on the plaque on the door , " if your not 100% satisfied you dont pay " well i was not & when i was there they did not follow that rule & did not care . I would not come back again , & i do NOT recommend ANYONE to go .

The Hampton Inn i went to was in Moncton , NB the address is
700 Mapleton Road , Moncton , NB , E1G 0L7
Phone # : 506-855-4819 Fax # : 506-855-8702

Consumer Rating

I made an advanced reservation at Hampton Inn. On the day of arrival a snow storm had closed the major interstate highway (I-80) forcing me to cancel my reservation. I asked for a refund and was told "no refunds". I tried to explain that due to conditions beyond my control (snow storm), I had to cancel my reservation and requested a refund. The "advanced reservation" department was extremely rude, unhelpful and could care less about my situation. I asked if the $158 dollars could be used towards a future reservation at Hampton Inn. I was told "no, that's not possible". I am out $158 dollars. I will never stay at Hampton Inn. I am going to recommend that that no one from my place of employment (1,500 employees) ever stay at Hampton Inn as well.

2 customers agree with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I by mistake booked a advance reservation online. The day before we were traveling I realized after a call to the hotel I had made the reservation on the wrong date. Don't know how this happened but it did. The hotel had a room on the night we needed it but would not let me change the reservation to that date. I have talked to numerous people and it is the same run around, they frankly could care less about my problem, offer no solution, no help and I am out of $108.00 that I did not have to lose. I have never been treated so badly by any company, the unconcern is unbelievable. I will never ever stay at a Hampton Inn and will advise anyone I can to never stay with this chain of hotels.

They don't care about their customers!

Contact the Hampton Inn Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Hampton Inn. What is their corporate mailing address?

Not available. Click here to file your Hampton Inn complaint online.

• I want to call the Hampton Inn customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

Not available. Click here to file your Hampton Inn complaint online.

• I need to visit the Hampton Inn company website. What is their website address?