Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Feb 16, 2015
Bad

We booked 2 rooms for arrival 02/28/13-departing 03/02/13, one for my wife and I another a friend (who paid for there 1 room ) while were to pay for the other (1) room. when we received our cred card statement we found that we were charged for 2 extra days that we were not there for, to the amount of 268.94. We have left a number of messages to a Kimberly Newsome who we were told by calling the number 912-721-3700 that she was part of the H.R. and accounting department , the phone number that we were given is 912-721-51711, our calls were NEVER returned, and requesting to talk with the hotel manager it seems they were always in a meeting and also to busy to return our calls. We find this type of service to paying customers very unsatisfactory, discourteous , and unprofessional and will never recommend or use Hampton Inn and Suites again. The Inn that we used is, Hampton Inn and Suites 20 Johnston St. Savanna Ga. 31405

Have you had problems with Hampton Inn?

Compare Hampton Inn to Similar Hotels more...

Top 51 Reviews about Hampton Inn

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Hampton Inn customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Hotel website misrepresented a twin size "sofa" (really a love seat) sleeper as a full bed. My two children didn't fit. We asked for a rollaway and were told it was a fire hazard. Service desk rep was unapologetic as was the manager the next day. She said it was a full by hotel standards. I have a twin mattress in my home, I know what it looks like. Your standards must be pretty low.

Would not offer alternate accommodations since we booked through Seaworld. It doesn't matter where we booked, do you stand by your reputation or not? Seems to me that you don't like families with children. Or people who are not petite.

Bad

I mistakenly booked a reservation at the Idaho Falls Hampton on 5/6/15 on the opposite side of town. I requested that my reservation be switched to the Hampton at which I'd intended. The manager at the Lindsay Blvd location refused my request, despite neither hotel being near capacity, citing the 24-hour cancellation policy. Refusing a transfer between Hampton properties seems a very petty stance to take against a long-time, consistent customer. You secured my stay this evening. I'll think twice before booking with you in the future and will certainly avoid the Lindsay location.

Poor

I booked a room online in Carmel, IN for 4/1715. The reason for my stay was a Scholarship Award dinner for my daughter at Butler University. Upon arrival, I learned that I could ask the the "Butler Rate." The "Butler Rate" was $60 less than the rate I was charged but was told she "could not change my rate because of the way I booked." How would anyone know that in order to get the "Butler Rate" that they were to book any other way than online. There were other people standing in line who were able to change their rate once they asked them for the "Butler Rate." The young lady who assisted me said she could not change my rate. I was completely surprised because I usually stay at Hampton Inns and have always had wonderful customer service and the accomodations have been great. If this isn't corrected, I doubt that I will go out of my way to stay at Hampton Inns in the future. I am a Hilton Honors member and always choose to stay at your places. I was very disappointed with that should couldn't be more helpful. If one group gets the "Butler Rate," why shouldn't everyone? I hope to receive a reply.

Bad

I was overcharged a $100 for a 1 week stay at the aforesaid LI hotel. A 209.24 credit provided its manager Bruce for 2 unsatisfactory days when there was no housekeeping services provided was not given. Efforts to resolve the matter with its manager Bruce were futile. I made a AAA reservation listed under the Hampton Inn website and received a special additional discount for paying-in-full in advance for a non-refundable, non cancellable reservation. The entire cost would be forfeited if we arrived late and no credit if checked-out early. The reservation did not reflect the standard 10% discounts of AAA, AARP, Seniors, Military, Honors or 5% retired PO.

In NC I receive the AAA and retired po courtesies. Bruce provided an official receipt documenting the $100 discrepancy and Suzanne wrote on a sheet of paper the amount due for 2 day credit and the confirmation # which would appear from its AAA travel agent. Bruce was refusing to accept accountability claiming AAA got the money. He called spoke to his agent and handed the phone to me The correct price on the bill documents I was overcharged by its AAA agent who is in effect stealing from both of us. The bottom line is Hampton Inn allows AAA travel to represent it and as such is responsible for its deficiencies. and mis feasances. "You have to get the money from the other guy" is a response often used by collaborators Last sentence on my receipt states I may have to present our membership card to get the AAA discount.

Bad

We stayed there on Saturday night, April 11, 2015. We were woken up by a fire alarm going off at 3:40am. When came to our senses and realize that it was actual an fire alarm. Our room was on the top floor (4th) and we were confused and not sure whether it was a real thing or prank or exercise being done. Finally after about 5-6 minutes or so someone came by and told us that the front desk said for us to actual an alarm and to evacuate the building. My concern was why there was not a better way to let folks know for sure what's going on. (maybe a recording on the phone to tell that is real fire and to get out or over the intercom system or something to help. I would think your hotel would have a better way to confirm that we needed to get out of there. Believe the alarm was sounding but we did not smell anything so it was hard to believe that a fire was going on. We were told by others in the parking lot that there was a small fire or something going on the first floor. The hotel did not even say they were sorry for the interruption when we checked out the next day. I know the folks that morning was not the ones there when this happen but they should of at least acknowledge that we had been erupted during the night by the fire alarm. Given us a slight discount for our stay or say they sorry that it happen. We heard it was a kitchen fire. A note under the door would of been nice the next morning when we got up explaining what happen. Oh, I just had another thoughy, they want to know how many are staying when you check in but no came around from the hotel to verify that everyone had gotten out safely. I hope this never happens again. We have always prefer to stay at Hampton but maybe you need to implement a better way to let you customers know when a fire is in the building along with the fire alarm.

Poor

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Atlanta - Canton on 4/7/2015 and 4/8/2017 in room 310. We missed an appointment on Wednesday morning because we left a wake up call for 7:00am and did not receive one!!!!!!! Thought that this should be noted as a complaint so this can be corrected by the staff and it will not happen to someone else in the future. This missed wake up call, not only had my husband and I miss a critical appointment, but it also cost us money. If you are going to offer a service like wake up calls, then do the service! I've learned my mistake and will set many alarms in the future, not depending on the thoughtless people of Hampton Inn

Horrible

On 2-13-15 my wife and i checked in at the Haampton inn in Blytheville Ar.We paid 110.36 in CASH and took recpt.Had to leave our credit card for possible damage deposit,we told the girl do not swipe the card.We picked up our card am 2-15 and left no damage etc. im 80 yrs old wife about the same.We retruned home 2 wks. later to find a 119.36 bill on our credit card.After 6 calls e mail etc nothing.Our credit card was used with out out permission and someone kept our 110.36.Stay far away from there there a bunch of low down dirty cons,P.S. MOLLY the manager is a real peach lol to do business with.Molly i hope you read this you s--- b---

Bad

Upon arrival to this hotel, the front dear staff were sitting down on the chairs in the lobby. No proper greeting or friendly smiles. First impression was a disappointment. If that wasn't bad enough, the front desk person was confused and couldn't decide which room to assign to us. No usual offering of snacks such as cookies and/or popped corn. Upon entry into our room I was immediately disappointed in the appearance all old furniture. Given the coat of this room, I would expect these rooms be updated. The maintenance people Trevor, imparticular, was very helpful as there were a couple of issues the toilet wouldn't flush and the thermometer was located on the wall and wasn't controlled on the heating unit itself (no one instructed). Also, the employees who helped with the breakfast were cheerful and had the breakfast items well stocked and looking fresh.
Overall, I was very disappointed with my hotel experience. Chances are I will not return to this hotel after such a disappointing stay.

Bad

I was staying in room 307 at the Hampton Inn. Throughout the night I heard loud noises I called the front desk they said they resolve the problem but I continue to hear nosiness and when I left out to go down stairs I smell this very bad odor that smell like drugs I also told the desk clerk if was not nothing the clerk can do for me . This my business trip and I decided to stay here i couldn't get what I wanted down because of to many interruptions. I'm very unsatisfactory. I Was Not Happy With My Stay!

Poor

ON 12/18/14 I made a reservation for my wife and my two children because I went to a surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery unfortunately I need to stay in it for a couple of more days, my wife spoke to the person on the front desk an told her she need a extra night stay in it, the person on the front desk said it is ok by you need to change the room for tomorrow night (12/19/14) my wife said will be ok to change the room, next evening 12/19/14 she came around 8 pm with my two children and the person in the front desk and the manager (Nelson) told her we don't have any rooms for you and here is your luggage that my wife left because they told her after they clean the room they will bring it up. How is possible to do this things to a lady with two small children at that time and with out any help from the persons of your hotel.

I need and explanation why you people do that after they told her yes we do have a room and we will hold your luggage. I just write this now because my wife never told me about this problem until now because I was trying to recuperate from the two surgeries I had. I though Hampton Inn treated everyone well especially clients like me and my company who is you very frequently. My Hilton HHonnors #913546575 please let me know if I need to cancel it and change my staff and my self for a different hotel who treat us better.

Bad

My Company spends allot of money with Hampton all over the world. We have a range of 200 to 1000 employee's monthly staying a various hotels. I do not want to give my full name but I am still a Guest here and will be looking for a different hotel as soon as I can. Here is my complaint. Since when do your staff have the right to call me on my personal phone to get my information? I am a married woman for 15 years 4 great kids and a husband I adore. You have a new guy I have never seen before, I believe his name is Anthony ("or by him I can call him Tony") I get several calls asking me if I need anything? This should be done on he room phone not my personal phone that I give to your hotel. When I was checking into the hotel, I felt very uncomfortable doing so when he was standing there. He wear's these dark glasses and I can not see his eye's, so I can imagine what it is he is looking at. I am full figured woman and his comments are really starting to offend me.

I got a call from him this evening and wanted to know if "I am lonely" would I like to go have a late dinner with him when he get's off work. I explained to him that I was married, and happy, he said to me on my phone" well I am dating someone too, but what they don't know won't hurt them, ("Meaning my husband and his whatever". I am not really happy with his service and i do not think this guy should be allowed to work for such a awesome company such as your's. Again I am afraid to give you my full name because as long as he works here at this hotel I am afraid a repercussion will happen to either my vehicle parked in your lot or while I am sleeping in my room I have to put the saddle lock on because I am afraid he can walk in on me when I am in the shower, or even sleeping. This is not what your customer's want to go through at your hotel.

Since 45% of my Employer is Women who travel most we expect to feel safe, not like some guy wants to try something on us. I am not into Employer's firing people. But this guy needs to go. I looked at our records and the multi billion dollar company I work for has spent in the last two months alone was over 26,000.00 through out the US. I do not want to get this with the Law involved because some of our women who comes to this exact location will get hurt some how. You have a live ticking time bomb here, and who is to say that this man can hurt one of us and nobody will know. Would you want to stay at this hotel? If this matter does not get taken care of I will have no choice but to get a lawyer and start a Lawsuit against Hampton Inn for Sexual Harassment and stalking.

My company will support us in our decision. I advised my company about this and they suggested writing you instead first to know my discomfort. I just now got a text from your Employee the same Employee just now as I was writing this this time the text read. It's 11:30 and I am off work now, I am able to stick around and come to your room to give you a back rub if you want, you looked tired. I know with my style I can make you feel all good inside by the time I leave." What do you think text me back and i will wait here for you, all you have to do is look out your window and that will tell me you agree on it." I am going to bring this to my Company and see if they want us to cancel all rooms and go to a different hotel. I am telling you this, this man will be a liability to Hampton if he remains Employed Here.

Poor

I was wrongful terminated for harassment and retaliation and discrimination against me. I went to the management and GM they told me basically its her way or the door. I must do what she says and have no respond to how she talks to people.

Bad

Not as clean as most Hampton Inns are;but the really big negative,was no hot coffee..was barely warm in the carafe.I love the oatmeal,but the consistency was not good.Actually the whole room was not so clean. When you tell an employee about it,all they did was say oh,sorry. I love staying in Hampton Inns..in fact this is service as it should be. We are in The Hampton Inn in Ocala, Florida. Nice Staff. Thanks, do not like to complain, but; for the sake of others I have.

Poor

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Chesterfield, Michigan on New Year’s Eve and had a little bit of an unpleasant stay. The guests on our floor were rude and being loud all night – I realized that it was New Years Eve but at 3:30 in the morning, it was time for bed. The hotel staff did nothing to rectify this issue. Finally and more unbelievable to me was the fact that the next day, I found two different credit card charges totaling $50 on my credit card.

When I called the hotel, they basically informed me that this was for “incidentals” and were rather rude about it and said the charges would drop off in 2 days. When I checked in, the staff told me they needed a credit card for “incidentals” and did not inform me that my card would be charged $50. I would assume that meant in case I destroyed something, then I would have been charged.

This is something that really should be disclosed at the time you check in and obviously people are going to call about it after the fact. I don’t think the staff should be rude either when you do call. Its your or their policy not mine. Needless to say, I got probably 3 hours of sleep because of all the commotion.

Poor

Friday, 9 November 2012 I made a requested at the front desk for a room for one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites Vanderbuilt Ellliston Place, 2330 Elliston Place, Nashville TN 37203. I was informed that all rooms accept for an 1 handicap room had been sold out. I expressed that I would prefer the room at a discount military AAPR or AAA rate. I was informed that no discount rates were avaliable. My first complaint is how is your business appreciating the veterans especially on VETERANS DAY weekend at your place of businesses as advertise, "the best available preferable discount rates."

The second compaint is, my preference was to pay $320 cash upon check-out. I did receive a receipt for payment of the room under the door of my room. However, I did not receive a receipt for the cash payment nor were these charges immediately refunded to my debit card. After returning home I reviewed my debit card account and noted that a $320 outstanding room charge. I called the front desk of the request why my debit card payment had not been refunded. I am recently retired after 28 years of service in USAF. This is totally unacceptable for amultiple star HOTEL/INN.C

Horrible

I work for FEMA and when I checked in to Hampton Inn 10-20-11 located Hershey, PA. I gave the desk clerk a tax exempt form for the state of Pennsylvania, The next morning when I checked out I notce that the taxes had not been removed from my check out receipt. I asked the desk clerk, could she look for the form that were submitted for tax exemption, which she did, but stated that she could not remove the tax, because her Manager was not there. She than made a call to her manager; and were told that she could only remove the County room tax but not the state tax.

I informed the clerk that I need 0 balance with the correct pricing on the receipt, which she said that she could not provide.The clerk wanted me to leave with a inconplete receipt and stated that her manager would e mail me if correction needed to be made. I finally decided that i would pay for the taxes and went to turn my key in. That manager just walked in and did give me my 0 balance. This was very stressful in a stressful situation because no one was availble that was knowlegable of dealing with matters like this. I have always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inn, but this is far the worse encounter that I have experience at any Hotel.

Bad

I was planning a surprise night for my fiance's 24th birthday & i thought the Hampton would be a wonderful spot because it was so beautiful , i was wrong !
Before i booked my room , i asked them directly " do i need a credit card to book a room " they replied " no " so i booked " 1 king suit whirlpool " a week later i get a call from The Hampton Inn saying " you can not book this room because you need a credit card for this type of room " so i had to change my plans because i didnt want to use my fiance card because its a surprise . so i got a " king studio suit "

When i booked in on 12/31/12 , they asked me when i wanted my romance package set up , i said 6:30 because i have dinner plans for 6:00 & i would like it to be there for when my fiance & I come back .

when we got back at 8:00 , i had him blind folded to see the surprise , when i got to the room , NOTHING was set up ! it was very upsetting , because i wanted it done for him at 6:30 . i then called down to the front desk & she seemed very ungrateful , " yeah it will be right up " she said to me ! 30 MINUTES later a woman comes to my room and hands me champagne & it was SO WARM when i opened it , i had to put the champagne in EVERY glass i could fine & put it into my mini fridge .

Had to wait at least and hour before i could start my night . Then children were running all around the halls screaming which i did no mind because it was only 10:00 , but as the night went on i could not sleep & called down & they said they'd get right on that but did not !

I then rented a movie on the television , & the end got cut off because the fire alarms went off because people were smoking in the hall way on floor 4 ! ( i thought they had secretory for that reason ? ) , so we had to wait outside for about 30 minutes to 1 hour & now my fiance is sick !

Also before i booked the romance package a woman told me included was champagne , chocolates & flowers . i NEVER did receive flowers . Before i checked out there is a plaque saying if im not 100 % satisfied with my stay i dont pay , well i told her and she held out her hand as if to say pay and leave .

Every thing that went wrong caused my surprise to my fiance to FAIL & make my night miserable & everything went wrong on the Hampton Inn's part .
1) they did not set my room up for 6:30n like i ASKED it was done at 8;30 with WARM champagne
2) they were rude and unwelcoming
3) i got false information on the package i purchased
4) i did not finish my movie i BOUGHT because alarms went off for smoking in the building
5) i did not sleep at all because of loud children in the halls ( which i complained about )
6 ) when i checked out they did not care about my satisfaction , they wanted my money and wanted us gone.

I paid a total of : 220.33$ & i do have my receipt & i do want my money back because it said on the plaque on the door , " if your not 100% satisfied you dont pay " well i was not & when i was there they did not follow that rule & did not care . I would not come back again , & i do NOT recommend ANYONE to go .

The Hampton Inn i went to was in Moncton , NB the address is
700 Mapleton Road , Moncton , NB , E1G 0L7
Phone # : 506-855-4819 Fax # : 506-855-8702

Poor

I made an advanced reservation at Hampton Inn. On the day of arrival a snow storm had closed the major interstate highway (I-80) forcing me to cancel my reservation. I asked for a refund and was told "no refunds". I tried to explain that due to conditions beyond my control (snow storm), I had to cancel my reservation and requested a refund. The "advanced reservation" department was extremely rude, unhelpful and could care less about my situation. I asked if the $158 dollars could be used towards a future reservation at Hampton Inn. I was told "no, that's not possible". I am out $158 dollars. I will never stay at Hampton Inn. I am going to recommend that that no one from my place of employment (1,500 employees) ever stay at Hampton Inn as well.

Horrible

I by mistake booked a advance reservation online. The day before we were traveling I realized after a call to the hotel I had made the reservation on the wrong date. Don't know how this happened but it did. The hotel had a room on the night we needed it but would not let me change the reservation to that date. I have talked to numerous people and it is the same run around, they frankly could care less about my problem, offer no solution, no help and I am out of $108.00 that I did not have to lose. I have never been treated so badly by any company, the unconcern is unbelievable. I will never ever stay at a Hampton Inn and will advise anyone I can to never stay with this chain of hotels.

They don't care about their customers!

Bad

We checked into the Hampton inn in Newberry, SC. We were so disappointed! First no MSNBC on the tv. Then we could not access the Internet on our own iPad or the hotels computer. That happens sometimes we were told. Going into the bathroom we noticed mold around the bathtub and the last straw was when my husband killed a big roach in the bathroom ! The desk clerk made no apologies and we left! We have always been happy with Hampton Inn and look for them as we travel. We were very unhappy with this one and will look elsewhere in the future.

Linda Roberts