Customer Satisfaction Results
2.12 out of 5 Stars
74 Consumer Reviews

Hampton Inn
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Hampton Inn company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Hampton Inn online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Hampton Inn corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Hampton Inn?

Compare Hampton Inn to Similar Hotels more...

Top 74 Reviews about Hampton Inn

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Hampton Inn customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I came in the hampton inn on 73 in Voorhees NJ about a week ago to put in an application for employment. The building is very nice but its so unorganized. I feel as though i wasn't given a interview because of my race. I applied for house keeping. Margie, which is the hiring manager in housekeeping. Has her mom, sister, cousin, n her husband in those departments. I know someone who is Hispanic that just got hired and she received a interview on the spot but when i came the following day she just took my application and laughed.

I felt so embarrassed. This place needs to be cleaned up and with professionals. They bring there children on the weekends and they run all over the hotel because the head bosses aren't there. You have no one to talk to about your problems because everyone is related. Including the office staff and the head manager of the hotel. Something needs to change.

Upvote (0)

We are a Architectual Firm located in Tampa Florida and do work all over Florida and several other states and I book rooms at Hampton Inn all the time. I made a reservation for two of our employees traveling to Boynton Beach for work on the 26 of January 2016. After working all day our employees Alex Bothos (male) and Nichole Goulet (female) went to their hotel , it was around 8pm. She was told they did not have any reservation for them,. Nichole produce the confirmation# and she was told the rooms were canceled because they were booked through Expedia. Even though There is a confirmation # 126952657099. I went to google maps and looked up the address and found the hotel close to job site since they had to be back in the morning.

The girl at he desk ,Mellisa who told them that the reservation was canceled, also told them there was only one room available and that they would have to go Hampton Inn West Palm if they wanted hotel rooms. I called yesterday and spoke with a young man by the name of Michael. Whom by the way is very polite and helpful and let me know the manager Mellisa would be in in the next hour and call me back. Which she never did!

Michael however did call me back today and let me know that he was told I have reserved 2 rooms, 1 smoking and 1 non-smoking and that they did not have another non smoking room availible. Which was not the case, I reserved two of the same rooms. My concern is whether I booked it through Expedia, orbitz, hotels.com, google maps, it should not matter. They had a confirmation # and should have had their rooms that night instead of having to get back on the interstate drive 20-30 miles more and have to back to the job site in the morning after another 20-30 miles. I have another 2 hotel rooms booked with Hampton Inn for mid Feb in Georgia and I'm concern is what if this happens again?

Upvote (0)

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Adel GA in December 2015 and they had bed bugs. We had to throw away all of our belongings and when I contacted the General Manager of the Hotel; Susan Griffin, she initially agreed to reimburse us for the one nights stay. Three weeks later, when I contacted her to follow up on the reimbursement, she reneged on the reimbursement and hung up on me as I was trying to remind her of our previous agreement. I have yet to obtain a resolution.

I have never had this type of experience with a hotel and I have traveled all across the world. I ave never experienced bed bugs or such a rude and unprofessional encounter with a general manager of a hotel. I will never stay at the Hampton Inn Adel GA or any other Hampton Inn again due to this horrible experience. I advise you to not stay at Hampton Inn Adel GA.

Upvote (0)

Charges on credit card were charged while room was paid in cash. 7 days talked to afternoon manager and morning manager not communicating with each other. Told us it could take 7 days to get charges off of credit card. We will not be using Hampton Inn again. We will call be calling BB with complaint after filing on here.

Upvote (0)

Tonight, I called the Hampton Inn in Morgantown, WV to make a reservation for May 12,13, and 14, 2016. I was horrified when the young woman to whom I was talking informed me that the nightly rate for that weekend would be $389.00 per night, plus tax. The normal rate for the same accommodations at any other time would be approximately $140.00 per night. The West Virginia University graduation ceremonies are being held in Morgantown on the weekend of May 12-14, 2016, and the city will be crowded with families attending that graduation. My family was looking forward to being present to see our daughter hooded and awarded her Ph.D. However, at a cost of over $1300.00 just for a place to sleep for 3 nights, we must reconsider.

I find it appalling that your hotel chain would take advantage of the public this way. If a room normally rents for $140.00 per night, it should always rent for that price. The room and hotel services haven't changed for that weekend. This is pure and simple extortion of the public. Morgantown isn't a city that gets few visitors throughout the year. On the contrary, between athletic events and other university business, the hospital and medical businesses located there as well as other businesses, the city brings in quite a large number of people who need hotel reservations.

I am sure the Hampton Inn gets its fair share of these reservations because of its convenient location. I find this gouging of the public on graduation weekend unethical and unprofessional behavior that demonstrates nothing but greed on the part of the hotel and its management. I have to question the management of the entire Hilton Hotel chain if this is permitted. In the future, my family and I will carefully and thoroughly research all hotel options before we even consider, as a last resort, making reservations at any Hilton affiliated hotel again.

Upvote (0)

I will not be back here ever again after the way the GM was talking to the housekeepers he had told one to get a toothbruch and get down on her hands and knees to clean the bathroom floor and the whole time he was talking to her like she was 3 me and my family will never stay in a place were the boss doesn't know how to talk to people and I was standing at the front desk for like 20 mins before he even helped me I do believe his name was Amitt and it was the sunberry, ohio one on 36 37.

Upvote (0)

I was and employee at the hampton inn. I have two big issue and if you guys can't do nothing I getting a lawyer cause this matter is nothing play. On Nov 18 I was hired at Hampton inn anyways 12-6-15 I was getting my stuff together getting ready to get on the elevator when the manger touched me with his right shoulder then turn around and smile I went into the elevator and called my mom. I'm a single mom so I just did my job so I could go home. That's sexually harassment.

On 12-22-15 it was pouring down raining bad enough I live in a flood zone my wind shield wipers wouldn't work so I called and she said she would try see if she could get someone to come in. But the manager said I still need come in. I told them I had no was and I'm not going kill my self they didn't care. Mary call me back and said she saw me coming in. I said ok do I still need to she said yes. I wouldn't of made no different if Jenna was by her self I was going be by myself So I prayed and got to work.

The manager had seen me trying get my stuff together so I could start she said are u ok I said no she said what wrong I said it would of hurt to let me get my car fix and u had someone else work. Then said whatever you can go home the next time it rains you don't have worry about getting stuck, so she didn't have to make that smart remark. Nobody no if there going have car issue till it's time to go. three others have had issue. Corporate thinks she the big bad wolf walks around talking about everyone and I mean everyone.

On 12-24-15 I got a message from a co worker that I been taken off the schedule I said really, why so I called and talked Neil he said cause it slow I don't have come in and they only have two room for that day I said ok then I asked why am I crossed. Off the schedule for the following week he said it's really slow we will figure it out I said ok and hung up.On 12-30-15 I called to see when I work he said because I didn't come Saturday I told him he said I didn't have to cause it was slow and only had to room he said he didn't I have 4 witnesses who listen to the convention and then he said you no what I'm sorry you no longer work here and hung up in my face.

I got fired for what? So when I called back for corporate number everyone played dumb about the number. If nothing done I'll be filling charges for discrimination and sexually harassment

Upvote (0)

I won a certificate for a one night stay at the Hampton inn and Suites in grand Blanc michigan. It was out dated because I had misplaced it. They were very short with me and would not even consider to honor it . They gave the reason that corporate wouldn't allow it. I bought it a a charity auction,so it was a taxable write off. I have used this type of certificates before for my grand-daughter birthday get away. That is what we planned to do with this. Very disappointed in your manager don't care attitude her name is Tina Bausick Flint- Hampton Inn &suites. I would like your company to honor my certificate please. Hiring a more pleasant manager would help your business. They had room available also.

Upvote (0)

Staying at the Hampton Inn in West Mifflin, Pa. Checked in for 2 nights. Learned I had a late afternoon business meeting on my second day stay. Asked if there was a chance for a late checkout. I was told "NO" Not unless I want to pay for an extra day. This hotel person never checked her records, availability, times etc. Really. This is not the kind of treatment I expected. This hotel was not by no means "busy". I totally understand why Marriott gets a lot of repeat business. I can honestly say I have never had any problems with late check outs with Marriott.

Upvote (0)

In the evening I walk from work, I walk downtown from my job, so from 30th Euclid to One public square, just to give u a visual of the distance I walk daily, I always use the bathroom before I leave work around 4:25ish so if I need to stop before I get my bus at 5:07pm, I know for a fact I can stop at Hampton East 9th Superior or The Westin @ 6th St. Clair or Marriott Key Center public square these hotels are very clean and smell wonderful (I take medication that require frequent breaks) so with all this being said, today I stop at Hampton around 5:00pm and as I started to the bathroom a woman approach me and said you can't use our bathroom (I was shocked because they always smile and very polite when I come through the automatic door)

I said excuse me so she repeated it, buy this time I had to use it really bad, so I said ok I will use it and won't come back, after I came out I started to address it then but they had a few customers and I'm not the one to create a scene and didn't want to miss my bus as I did, as I think about it more and more she was out of line , 1. There is no sign to read " no public bathroom" 2. It's a public place 3. I haven't committed any criminal activities 4. haven't harassed anyone. My complaint is really that management and customer service at Hampton Inn was out of line at every level. My family were looking into spending New Years weekend at your hotel, but thanks to your unprofessional corporate policy and front desk we will look else where.

Upvote (0)

I was an employee for Hampton Inn. On Nov. 28th 2015 I showed up to work at 7 a.m. the hotel had been a full house due to the weather. Customers were not checking out early because of the weather, the lady preparing the breakfast had called out the maintenance guys name which he is hard of hearing (no offense) he didn't hear her so he kept walking she then comes to front desk and tells me "you see he said he wouldn't throw the trash for her, I responded that he didn't hear her and she says "yes he did" I replied "no he didn't" she went on to say that he did and that that was his job and she was no longer going to let herself from no one. A little after that the acting GM (Amy) appeared at front desk so here comes the breakfast lady (Maria) to tell her that the maintenance guy did not want to throw her trash, which is a lie, and I let her know that that wasn't true, cause she was trying to make him look bad.

Well, minutes passed and her so called boyfriend/husband comes in and goes directly into the kitchen which at that point I didn't think anything of it. All of sudden he approaches me pointing his finger at me telling me " DO NOT TELL MARIA NOTHING" Maria's beside him telling him Juan,Juan, I told him "don't start and that he was not in his place to tell me anything and Maria's pushing him towards front entrance, and he starts calling out my husband which he was not there then I told him "get out of here". I then went back to the office where Amy (acting GM) and Raul a (co-worker) were sitting, I told her what happened she(Amy) went to kitchen and talked to Maria. I was really upset and humiliated.

My point is Amy gave my a verbal write up and told me she couldn't tell Maria's boyfriend not to come back, that because my husband would go too! I told her my husband does not act like that and the day he does I would be on her side Amy wanted me to admit that I had said "get the F out of here" which I didn't say that to him, which she insisted. I told her I would quit because I didn't feel safe working there and that I would finish the rest of the week Amy told me that if I didn't want to go on Sunday I didn't have to, she kept trying to get rid of me.

I feel that if she was able to hear anything into the office why didn't she come out to see what was going on? I felt unprotected that I decide to quit my job and call corporate. I ended up calling Jessica B. and apologizing for not going to work the next day(Sunday). Jessica tells me Maria's man was not allowed back on property but I never heard that from Amy acting GM in our location. I ended up talking to Amy to be put back on schedule but this time she puts me in housekeeping which I was Okay with at at first although, there was my days still available cause this was only 3 days after the incident. All I know is that I got the bad end of the stick for a drunken man that came into the property to assault me and I wasn't even defended. I feel Amy just didn't like me! Hampton is a very well known franchise and likes to look good and defend their customers. I believe we have rights too.

Upvote (0)

On November 16 & 17,2015 I made a reservation for the Hartford, Ct. Hampton Inn. I had to cancel it. Due to a problem with my gps and heavy traffic. I spoke to the Manager, Mr. Acosta who was very nice. However, he said," there was nothing he could do for us because the reservation was non refundable." We are senior citizens who had been driving for more seven hours! It got dark and we were unable to get to the hotel. We have always used Hampton Inn in the past and it seem that your company should be able to make some type of accommodation. We notified the hotel with plenty of time for you to rent the room if necessary. Please give our situation consideration.

Upvote (0)

Checked in hampton inn walnut grove memphis tn. My husband was admitted to baptist hospital right there with cancer and has 3-6months of life left, as that's not stressful enough, went to our car( parked up front, by the office window in handicap spot.) and 6 cars were stripped of the wheels and tires. One car was stolen all in the same night. Nothing was done about it. We were told we could stay courtesy of them as we had no way to get anywhere without wheels right? Well my son in law had flyer points as he reserved it for us, well hampton used all his points to pay for the remainder of our stay. They did nothing. They have no security. I would not recommend this place, ever. Dangerous.

Upvote (0)

I was an employee at the Hampton Inn in Southgate, MI. I was a housekeeper and yesterday afternoon me and the supervisor (Dora) we got into an altercation. I am only 17 years old and I feel like I was pin pointed out by Dora because i was young and not the color of her skin. She is not a good supervisor, she runs back to all the other housekeepers telling them about other housekeepers. They have been through so many housekeepers because of her. She was stealing our tips and nothing was done about it, it still continued after the fact and I have proof and so did the other that went to the General Manager and she got away with it. She threatened me and act like she was going to hit me as I was calling for my ride she was saying "I got people too". Mind you I am only 17 and she is a 40 year old woman. I want something done about her or I will take everything to court because what she is doing is fraud and unprofessional. She should be a supervisor but she is a liar and a thief. She should not be working at the Hampton Inn. The Hampton Inn is an overall wonderful hotel to work at it is just the supervisor Dora.

Upvote (0)

Stay on 10/18/15 We called the desk to inform them that the TV did not work, they said check to see if it was plugged in, it was so they said the would be up in about five minutes. We started un packing and hanging up our clothes and I turned on the heater, and very foul smell came from the heater, it smelled like someone had urinated in it, then it started smoking and set off the smoke detector. We packed our clothes and moved into the hallway. It had been fifteen minutes and no one had showed up, so I called the desk and informed them of the heater problem and that it had set off the smoke detector (which was still buzzing). They were quite rude and said the heaters always smell when they are first started, I said do they always set off the smoke detector? They said they would be right up.

Fifteen minutes later he shows up and takes us to another room and again was rude, acting like it was our fault we had to move. The new room had hair on the toilet and the bowl had been used and not cleaned, the heater would not work on AUTO, so we had to run it constantly. At breakfast the food was so bad people were saying they were not eating and were leaving, we joined them. On complaining to the manager at check out, she said she would have the General Manager (Jai Amrit) call us, naturally we have never heard from him. We have been long tine Hilton Honors Members and faithfully stay at Hampton Inn's, this was an experience we would hopefully never repeat, bad accommodations and rude service.

Upvote (0)

I am staying in the Bowling Green, KY location and I only have about 10 cable channels because the cable has been out for 2 weeks. I've been here since November 2nd and everytime I call to complain they are so complacent about it. I called the 800 number to complain and they said it wasn't their job to fix it. I am staying here for a week and I can't watch 1 movie. What is going on with this hotel?

Upvote (0)

I secured two rooms one for my husband and myself and one for my brother and his wife. They arrived at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove Coral Gables Fl. On10/24/15. My Sister in Law refused to occupy her room because of smell of vomit in the room. Room was changed. I arrived Sunday10/25/15. Room was adequate but when my Husband checked in he was treated rudely by staff an African American woman said we would have to move room because we had two queen beds and we have them rented out. My Husband asked " what are you going to do put us out on the street". Husband also said we have a 90 year old mother in the Baptist Hospital who is terminally ill. Then she asked what e were using for our rate AARP.

She would change it to Hospital rate which was lower. We checked out on Tues 10/27/15. Bill placed under door was still on AARP rate. Today someone called from Hampton Coral Gables thinking we still a reservation at Hampton we were home in Gainesville. She was snippy thinking we were either still at Hampton or on the way. We had confirmation number80047863 l have stayed at this Hampton many times and have never had such confusion and consternation over our stay. My mother was admitted to Hospice so the family was very focused on her and not on unpleasant Hampton employee. We never did get the hospital rate and neither did my brother. Please audit this customer complaint and the correct behavior to be sensitive to family emergencies.

Upvote (0)

I was very upset due to the reconstruction that was going on and I didn't receive a notice or anything about the reconstruction at all. We were stuck in a room where all of the construction was going on, why couldn't we be moved to the second floor as the others were on the second floor. Noise, early in the morning, dust flying all over the place and it was just not the type of weekend that we were expecting. We always use this hotel whenever we travel, but this past weekend was not a relaxing one. We paid our money to be able to relax and to have a good time, but I have to say that it wasn't. My confirmation number from this past weekend is 84738449. We would love to continue to use Hampton in, but this past weekend was not a good look. Hope to hear from the corporate offices at Hampton Inn soon about my complaint.

Upvote (0)

We checked in on 9/25 for one night . We were given room 308, when we entered the room and left our suit cases and immediately went out to dinner. After dinner we returned to the room to get ready for bed. Once we entered the room I stated to my husband it smells terrible in here, not noticing when we left our suitcases as we were only in the room a few minutes during that time. My husband agreed, I went down to ask for another room but the hotel was booked. During the evening especially on my side of the bed I smelled a strong odor of urine. I at one point said to my husband that I was feeling ill.

The next morning we got up at 5am to get out of the room and approach the front desk to complain about the odor. The girl at the front desk was polite and said immediately "I know what it is , it is the shower curtain next to the toilet it happens all the time as people miss the toilet and it hits the curtain". I stated to her that you should not rent that room again without cleaning it thoroughly , as the urine smell also was coming from the rug. She stated, "oh sorry about that". We paid for the room 159.00 which we are requesting refund for or a free night at another Hilton/Hampton Inn. We have had great experiences at Hampton Inn's staying earlier in the week at another location which was wonderful experience.

This experience was a bad experience and the front desk made resolution nor gave us no customer service satisfaction. We do not want to detour us from staying at a Hampton Inn again but again feel that some kind of customer resolution needs to be made.

Upvote (0)

On Sept. 16 & 17 I stayed in your Santa Fe Inn (with Shoreline Travel). The beds were comfortable & the bathroom was very nice. However, when we walked into the room that night I smelled a distinct skunk odor and immediately went to change rooms. The desk clerk informed us that all the rooms were occupied but she could come with air spray. She informed us that there were skunks in the neighborhood & perhaps the odor penetrated the air system. We turned the A/C on high, & my roommate went outside but did not smell any skunk odor. She had a most unpleasant exchange with the manager. With the A/C the smell was lessened but several other people noticed a bad smell in their rooms. It is essential that you show you care about your clients and that you take steps to correct persistent problems. Customers want a fresh room with no odors. A/C can be turned on in advance of arrivals. You do not want to lose customers, so managers must be professional and show concern. You have a great location. Hopefully your manager will improve her attitude.

Upvote (0)

I booked a room for 2 night at the Hampton Inn in Danville. I was assured that we would have a walk in shower to accommodate my wife's broken leg. I even asked the desk clerk to check with the manager, which he did, and I was again told we would have walk in shower. This was the reason we chose this hotel. A few days later when we arrived at the hotel our room had a tub with wall handrails. I asked front desk to move us to a room with a walk in shower and was told that there were no walk in shower rooms. I was told by the desk clerk that he would note the problem and I would be hearing back about some sort of compensation. Before checking out I spoke with another front desk clerk and she promised that I would be contacted. Five days later I have not received a call from the corporate offices.

Upvote (0)

My daughter, joined the US ARMY and is traveling alone 1,200 miles to her base. She made a mistake and prepaid for a room that will not allow her to reach her base by the required date. Because she prepaid they will not allow her to switch to a location further away. Hilton customer service reps are rude, unprofessional and uncaring. She is out 150 dollars that she does not have. TERRIBLE customer service. She called to explain, I called, we twittered etc. and nothing. No call back!

Upvote (0)

I booked two room for Me and My Children, I end up extending my stay, due to car problems, nevertheless there was a fire drill, that was not announced, my kid was scare!! running in the hallways and thinking about a fire, there was no announcement of false alarm or not! As we finally got back asleep, the alarm went off again, still no indication of what was occurring, I called down stairs only to be told, there was no fire!

Then when I had to book another day, which I explained that I need both room for another night and was there any discounts that I could use, I was told the discount was already included in the rate of the family event, I end up paying close to $800 for both rooms. I did not think the staff was very helpful or had any sympathy in the matter of my axel breaking on my car, this made me feel like your hotel was family in dealing with families issues these children are foster children who got an opportunity to come and be in A hotel, only to leave out afraid with no explanation of why a fire drill went off!

Upvote (0)

I checked in to the Hampton Inn on 8/5 and was given a room for I had called ahead. I had a problem with the 12 noon checkout so the reservation person told me to tell them at registration. My daughter was working and couldn't pick me up that early. T he person told me that it would be a $50 charge. As we walked away the agent said, both of you have a good stay. It was only I that was staying so I went down around 11 am to ask if the late charge was for one or two. Before I closed the door I put the do not disturb sign (Dreaming) on the door handle. Asked the agent if the charge was correct and she said that there wasn't usually a charge but I had to come back for the manager had gone to the bank. I got up to the room and found a maid in my room. She said that there was no sign but she had knocked it down. Not happy at all.

I told him that the last thing that I did was put the sign on the door. I went later to speak to the Hampton Inn manager and he said that there was a charge but what I had been charged was too much. I told him that the hotel directory didn't mention a charge and that the agent told me that there wasn't a charge usually. He didn't care and I explained the problem with the maid and he stated that she told him that there was no sign. Untrue. Also at 1pm a note was delivered to the room stating that there would be no water for they were having a leak fixed. Shortly after that the tvs went out (storm related ) I had asked him if he could remove the late charge because of this and he said no but he'd lower it to the correct amount.

I don't know what was final charge was. I was waiting for my daughter and one of the maids came down and asked me if everything was ok? Apparently they were annoyed because I removed the tip $ after I came back and found the maid in my room. That and the fact that she lied I didn't feel she deserved it. This was the first time that I didn't leave a tip and I am 64. Very unprofessional how this was handled.

Upvote (0)

My family had reservations for the weekend of August 7 and 8, 2015 at the Hampton Inn in Middleton, OH. We were part of a group from Notre Dame Academy soccer team that was scheduled to be in the area for a mandatory team bonding event. There were approximately 30 rooms on hold for the event. It was necessary to book the room prior to soccer tryouts, which took place August 3 and 4. Unfortunately, my daughter was not chosen for the soccer team. We, as a family, had spent our entire summer at events and practices. Not being chosen was heartbreaking for my daughter!

In the furor that followed tryouts I forgot to cancel out reservation at Hampton Inn. I am now being charged over $100.00. I spent three days trying to contact the general manager, Natalia. In the process I received multiple excuses regarding her lack of availability. I also left her multiple voicemail's and also contacted the Hampton Inn corporate offices...to no avail. When I was finally permitted to speak with her, she was exceedingly rude and without compassion! She refused to even consider waiving the charges.

I am fully cognizant of my responsibility in the situation. Never-the-less, I find Natalia's behavior unprofessional and inappropriate. At no point did she express regret for my child's distress, much less apologize for her failure to return my call.

Under no circumstances will I reserve a room with Hampton Inn or their affiliates in the future. I will also be recommending that Notre Dame Academy chooses alternative lodging for all future events for it's many sports activities. If Hampton Inn is that desperate to make $100.00, then they may consider their goal met. However, it will be the last time they receive anything from me and I will do everything in my power to make certain they are not a part of Notre Dame Academy's future.

Upvote (0)

Hotel website misrepresented a twin size "sofa" (really a love seat) sleeper as a full bed. My two children didn't fit. We asked for a rollaway and were told it was a fire hazard. Service desk rep was unapologetic as was the manager the next day. She said it was a full by hotel standards. I have a twin mattress in my home, I know what it looks like. Your standards must be pretty low.

Would not offer alternate accommodations since we booked through Seaworld. It doesn't matter where we booked, do you stand by your reputation or not? Seems to me that you don't like families with children. Or people who are not petite.

Upvote (0)

I mistakenly booked a reservation at the Idaho Falls Hampton on 5/6/15 on the opposite side of town. I requested that my reservation be switched to the Hampton at which I'd intended. The manager at the Lindsay Blvd location refused my request, despite neither hotel being near capacity, citing the 24-hour cancellation policy. Refusing a transfer between Hampton properties seems a very petty stance to take against a long-time, consistent customer. You secured my stay this evening. I'll think twice before booking with you in the future and will certainly avoid the Lindsay location.

Upvote (0)

I booked a room online in Carmel, IN for 4/1715. The reason for my stay was a Scholarship Award dinner for my daughter at Butler University. Upon arrival, I learned that I could ask the the "Butler Rate." The "Butler Rate" was $60 less than the rate I was charged but was told she "could not change my rate because of the way I booked." How would anyone know that in order to get the "Butler Rate" that they were to book any other way than online. There were other people standing in line who were able to change their rate once they asked them for the "Butler Rate." The young lady who assisted me said she could not change my rate. I was completely surprised because I usually stay at Hampton Inns and have always had wonderful customer service and the accomodations have been great. If this isn't corrected, I doubt that I will go out of my way to stay at Hampton Inns in the future. I am a Hilton Honors member and always choose to stay at your places. I was very disappointed with that should couldn't be more helpful. If one group gets the "Butler Rate," why shouldn't everyone? I hope to receive a reply.

Upvote (0)

I was overcharged a $100 for a 1 week stay at the aforesaid LI hotel. A 209.24 credit provided its manager Bruce for 2 unsatisfactory days when there was no housekeeping services provided was not given. Efforts to resolve the matter with its manager Bruce were futile. I made a AAA reservation listed under the Hampton Inn website and received a special additional discount for paying-in-full in advance for a non-refundable, non cancellable reservation. The entire cost would be forfeited if we arrived late and no credit if checked-out early. The reservation did not reflect the standard 10% discounts of AAA, AARP, Seniors, Military, Honors or 5% retired PO.

In NC I receive the AAA and retired po courtesies. Bruce provided an official receipt documenting the $100 discrepancy and Suzanne wrote on a sheet of paper the amount due for 2 day credit and the confirmation # which would appear from its AAA travel agent. Bruce was refusing to accept accountability claiming AAA got the money. He called spoke to his agent and handed the phone to me The correct price on the bill documents I was overcharged by its AAA agent who is in effect stealing from both of us. The bottom line is Hampton Inn allows AAA travel to represent it and as such is responsible for its deficiencies. and mis feasances. "You have to get the money from the other guy" is a response often used by collaborators Last sentence on my receipt states I may have to present our membership card to get the AAA discount.

Upvote (1)

We stayed there on Saturday night, April 11, 2015. We were woken up by a fire alarm going off at 3:40am. When came to our senses and realize that it was actual an fire alarm. Our room was on the top floor (4th) and we were confused and not sure whether it was a real thing or prank or exercise being done. Finally after about 5-6 minutes or so someone came by and told us that the front desk said for us to actual an alarm and to evacuate the building. My concern was why there was not a better way to let folks know for sure what's going on. (maybe a recording on the phone to tell that is real fire and to get out or over the intercom system or something to help. I would think your hotel would have a better way to confirm that we needed to get out of there. Believe the alarm was sounding but we did not smell anything so it was hard to believe that a fire was going on. We were told by others in the parking lot that there was a small fire or something going on the first floor. The hotel did not even say they were sorry for the interruption when we checked out the next day. I know the folks that morning was not the ones there when this happen but they should of at least acknowledge that we had been erupted during the night by the fire alarm. Given us a slight discount for our stay or say they sorry that it happen. We heard it was a kitchen fire. A note under the door would of been nice the next morning when we got up explaining what happen. Oh, I just had another thoughy, they want to know how many are staying when you check in but no came around from the hotel to verify that everyone had gotten out safely. I hope this never happens again. We have always prefer to stay at Hampton but maybe you need to implement a better way to let you customers know when a fire is in the building along with the fire alarm.

Upvote (0)

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Atlanta - Canton on 4/7/2015 and 4/8/2017 in room 310. We missed an appointment on Wednesday morning because we left a wake up call for 7:00am and did not receive one!!!!!!! Thought that this should be noted as a complaint so this can be corrected by the staff and it will not happen to someone else in the future. This missed wake up call, not only had my husband and I miss a critical appointment, but it also cost us money. If you are going to offer a service like wake up calls, then do the service! I've learned my mistake and will set many alarms in the future, not depending on the thoughtless people of Hampton Inn

Upvote (0)

On 2-13-15 my wife and i checked in at the Haampton inn in Blytheville Ar.We paid 110.36 in CASH and took recpt.Had to leave our credit card for possible damage deposit,we told the girl do not swipe the card.We picked up our card am 2-15 and left no damage etc. im 80 yrs old wife about the same.We retruned home 2 wks. later to find a 119.36 bill on our credit card.After 6 calls e mail etc nothing.Our credit card was used with out out permission and someone kept our 110.36.Stay far away from there there a bunch of low down dirty cons,P.S. MOLLY the manager is a real peach lol to do business with.Molly i hope you read this you s--- b---

Upvote (0)

Upon arrival to this hotel, the front dear staff were sitting down on the chairs in the lobby. No proper greeting or friendly smiles. First impression was a disappointment. If that wasn't bad enough, the front desk person was confused and couldn't decide which room to assign to us. No usual offering of snacks such as cookies and/or popped corn. Upon entry into our room I was immediately disappointed in the appearance all old furniture. Given the coat of this room, I would expect these rooms be updated. The maintenance people Trevor, imparticular, was very helpful as there were a couple of issues the toilet wouldn't flush and the thermometer was located on the wall and wasn't controlled on the heating unit itself (no one instructed). Also, the employees who helped with the breakfast were cheerful and had the breakfast items well stocked and looking fresh.
Overall, I was very disappointed with my hotel experience. Chances are I will not return to this hotel after such a disappointing stay.

Upvote (0)

I was staying in room 307 at the Hampton Inn. Throughout the night I heard loud noises I called the front desk they said they resolve the problem but I continue to hear nosiness and when I left out to go down stairs I smell this very bad odor that smell like drugs I also told the desk clerk if was not nothing the clerk can do for me . This my business trip and I decided to stay here i couldn't get what I wanted down because of to many interruptions. I'm very unsatisfactory. I Was Not Happy With My Stay!

Upvote (0)

ON 12/18/14 I made a reservation for my wife and my two children because I went to a surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery unfortunately I need to stay in it for a couple of more days, my wife spoke to the person on the front desk an told her she need a extra night stay in it, the person on the front desk said it is ok by you need to change the room for tomorrow night (12/19/14) my wife said will be ok to change the room, next evening 12/19/14 she came around 8 pm with my two children and the person in the front desk and the manager (Nelson) told her we don't have any rooms for you and here is your luggage that my wife left because they told her after they clean the room they will bring it up. How is possible to do this things to a lady with two small children at that time and with out any help from the persons of your hotel.

I need and explanation why you people do that after they told her yes we do have a room and we will hold your luggage. I just write this now because my wife never told me about this problem until now because I was trying to recuperate from the two surgeries I had. I though Hampton Inn treated everyone well especially clients like me and my company who is you very frequently. My Hilton HHonnors #913546575 please let me know if I need to cancel it and change my staff and my self for a different hotel who treat us better.

Upvote (0)

My Company spends allot of money with Hampton all over the world. We have a range of 200 to 1000 employee's monthly staying a various hotels. I do not want to give my full name but I am still a Guest here and will be looking for a different hotel as soon as I can. Here is my complaint. Since when do your staff have the right to call me on my personal phone to get my information? I am a married woman for 15 years 4 great kids and a husband I adore. You have a new guy I have never seen before, I believe his name is Anthony ("or by him I can call him Tony") I get several calls asking me if I need anything? This should be done on he room phone not my personal phone that I give to your hotel. When I was checking into the hotel, I felt very uncomfortable doing so when he was standing there. He wear's these dark glasses and I can not see his eye's, so I can imagine what it is he is looking at. I am full figured woman and his comments are really starting to offend me.

I got a call from him this evening and wanted to know if "I am lonely" would I like to go have a late dinner with him when he get's off work. I explained to him that I was married, and happy, he said to me on my phone" well I am dating someone too, but what they don't know won't hurt them, ("Meaning my husband and his whatever". I am not really happy with his service and i do not think this guy should be allowed to work for such a awesome company such as your's. Again I am afraid to give you my full name because as long as he works here at this hotel I am afraid a repercussion will happen to either my vehicle parked in your lot or while I am sleeping in my room I have to put the saddle lock on because I am afraid he can walk in on me when I am in the shower, or even sleeping. This is not what your customer's want to go through at your hotel.

Since 45% of my Employer is Women who travel most we expect to feel safe, not like some guy wants to try something on us. I am not into Employer's firing people. But this guy needs to go. I looked at our records and the multi billion dollar company I work for has spent in the last two months alone was over 26,000.00 through out the US. I do not want to get this with the Law involved because some of our women who comes to this exact location will get hurt some how. You have a live ticking time bomb here, and who is to say that this man can hurt one of us and nobody will know. Would you want to stay at this hotel? If this matter does not get taken care of I will have no choice but to get a lawyer and start a Lawsuit against Hampton Inn for Sexual Harassment and stalking.

My company will support us in our decision. I advised my company about this and they suggested writing you instead first to know my discomfort. I just now got a text from your Employee the same Employee just now as I was writing this this time the text read. It's 11:30 and I am off work now, I am able to stick around and come to your room to give you a back rub if you want, you looked tired. I know with my style I can make you feel all good inside by the time I leave." What do you think text me back and i will wait here for you, all you have to do is look out your window and that will tell me you agree on it." I am going to bring this to my Company and see if they want us to cancel all rooms and go to a different hotel. I am telling you this, this man will be a liability to Hampton if he remains Employed Here.

Upvote (4)

I was wrongful terminated for harassment and retaliation and discrimination against me. I went to the management and GM they told me basically its her way or the door. I must do what she says and have no respond to how she talks to people.

Upvote (0)

Not as clean as most Hampton Inns are;but the really big negative,was no hot coffee..was barely warm in the carafe.I love the oatmeal,but the consistency was not good.Actually the whole room was not so clean. When you tell an employee about it,all they did was say oh,sorry. I love staying in Hampton Inns..in fact this is service as it should be. We are in The Hampton Inn in Ocala, Florida. Nice Staff. Thanks, do not like to complain, but; for the sake of others I have.

Upvote (0)

Check in hampton alexandria old town south virginia the room had stink begs in room call ed front desk they send up a guy to spraay during the night I had to get up and kill some of the bugs too late to move to another room plus driving all day I exped the general manager to call. Its 4 days pass no reply

Upvote (1)

The gentlemen who was working the front desk, David, was the most unfriendly worker I have ever met at a Hampton Inn. He did not seem to be very good at his costumer service, and seemed to 'huff and puff' at any question I had for him. I felt like I was putting him out just with simple questions. It looked as though he was making 'key cards' when we arrived, and he didn't acknowledge us for a few moments, and when we did it seemed like we were a bother. Then later I asked if we could get a childs crib/playpen brought to our room, and he just said very abruptly, "well I'll have to go see if we have one available" and just walked away, then a minute later he came back through the lobby, and I asked if I should wait, or go to the room, to which he said, 'no just go back to your room, if I find one, I'll bring it" again very abruptly..., it just didn't seem appropriate. Then the last thing was in the evening I brought my son downstairs to get a little cup of hot chocolate before bed, and as I was looking to see if they had hot water I only saw coffee, so I turned around and asked David if there was any hot water. He did not even look up at me.., a few seconds went past and then he just walked away..., this was bothersome to me, and I thought maybe for a minute that he possibly didn't hear me, but then he re-appeared with a container of hot water, walked up by us and set it down next to the coffee rather abruptly, again without saying anything, then went back to his desk.
I don't feel like I was being overly needy, and I don't feel like the things I was asking him should have bothered him that much. I stay at Hampton Inn's almost anytime I travel and I must say that I love all of my experiences, but this one really set me back. Not to mention that it was on Valentines Day, and I was hoping to have a romantic evening with my wife, and then to be met with this gentleman and his attitude kind of ruined the night. We used our Hilton Honors points to set up this free stay, but I must say that everything was pretty well ruined by this experience, and I would like to have some free vouchers or something to stay another night at another Hampton Inn. I know Hampton Inn has their 100% Guarentee, and I would normally never ask for this (and I never have had to ask for this,) but I feel like this time warrents asking for some type of refund. And I think someone should definitely talk with David at the Richmond Southwest Virginia Hull Street Hampton Inn about his Customer Service Skills.
My email is: robbsmack@gmail.com
My Phone Number is: (804) 304-5915

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Upvote (0)

On 9/12/12 I went to the Hampton Inn on Apalachee Parkway in Tallahassee Florida to check the availability of a room for one night. The desk clerk said he had plenty of rooms & asked for my name. I told him it was for my boss Don Scozzari. He went to write his name down & I asked would a credit card hold his room? And if he doesn't show will there be charges. The clerk said no, we will only charge you if he checks in. I told the clerk that Mr. Scozzari has his own Company Credit Card & it should be billed to his card only. That night after our meeting, Mr Scozzari decided to travel back to Albany so he could be in Athens the next day. On friday 9/28/12 I get my statement & there is a two night charge on my card for $111.38. I called the local hotel & was transfered to Ashley's voice mail. I left a message for her to call me about a charge on my credit card. She did not call me back. On 10/01/12 I went to the same local hotel to discuss this with a manager & was again met with the same desk clerk who told me there would be NO CHARGES unless he checked in. First, he could not locate in their system anything with my name or Mr. Scozzari. He asked if I could get my credit card statement? I said yes, give me 30 mins while I go back to my office to retrieve. Opon returning, I show the clerk my statement, he finally found where it was charged, went back to talk to the GUEST SERVICES MANAGER. She told him to go back out there and deny the refund. These people are a disgrace to company. I have been lied to, ignored & have wasted my time on something that should not have happened. After this email is sent, I will be going to the Better Business Bureau to file a formal complaint . I was told there would be NO CHARGES. All of this has so far taken 3 hours of my time.

Thank you.

Mike Ekberg
850 251-0068 cell

Upvote (0)

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Chesterfield, Michigan on New Year’s Eve and had a little bit of an unpleasant stay. The guests on our floor were rude and being loud all night – I realized that it was New Years Eve but at 3:30 in the morning, it was time for bed. The hotel staff did nothing to rectify this issue. Finally and more unbelievable to me was the fact that the next day, I found two different credit card charges totaling $50 on my credit card.

When I called the hotel, they basically informed me that this was for “incidentals” and were rather rude about it and said the charges would drop off in 2 days. When I checked in, the staff told me they needed a credit card for “incidentals” and did not inform me that my card would be charged $50. I would assume that meant in case I destroyed something, then I would have been charged.

This is something that really should be disclosed at the time you check in and obviously people are going to call about it after the fact. I don’t think the staff should be rude either when you do call. Its your or their policy not mine. Needless to say, I got probably 3 hours of sleep because of all the commotion.

Upvote (0)

Friday, 9 November 2012 I made a requested at the front desk for a room for one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites Vanderbuilt Ellliston Place, 2330 Elliston Place, Nashville TN 37203. I was informed that all rooms accept for an 1 handicap room had been sold out. I expressed that I would prefer the room at a discount military AAPR or AAA rate. I was informed that no discount rates were avaliable. My first complaint is how is your business appreciating the veterans especially on VETERANS DAY weekend at your place of businesses as advertise, "the best available preferable discount rates."

The second compaint is, my preference was to pay $320 cash upon check-out. I did receive a receipt for payment of the room under the door of my room. However, I did not receive a receipt for the cash payment nor were these charges immediately refunded to my debit card. After returning home I reviewed my debit card account and noted that a $320 outstanding room charge. I called the front desk of the request why my debit card payment had not been refunded. I am recently retired after 28 years of service in USAF. This is totally unacceptable for amultiple star HOTEL/INN.C

Upvote (0)

I work for FEMA and when I checked in to Hampton Inn 10-20-11 located Hershey, PA. I gave the desk clerk a tax exempt form for the state of Pennsylvania, The next morning when I checked out I notce that the taxes had not been removed from my check out receipt. I asked the desk clerk, could she look for the form that were submitted for tax exemption, which she did, but stated that she could not remove the tax, because her Manager was not there. She than made a call to her manager; and were told that she could only remove the County room tax but not the state tax.

I informed the clerk that I need 0 balance with the correct pricing on the receipt, which she said that she could not provide.The clerk wanted me to leave with a inconplete receipt and stated that her manager would e mail me if correction needed to be made. I finally decided that i would pay for the taxes and went to turn my key in. That manager just walked in and did give me my 0 balance. This was very stressful in a stressful situation because no one was availble that was knowlegable of dealing with matters like this. I have always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inn, but this is far the worse encounter that I have experience at any Hotel.

Upvote (0)

I was planning a surprise night for my fiance's 24th birthday & i thought the Hampton would be a wonderful spot because it was so beautiful , i was wrong !
Before i booked my room , i asked them directly " do i need a credit card to book a room " they replied " no " so i booked " 1 king suit whirlpool " a week later i get a call from The Hampton Inn saying " you can not book this room because you need a credit card for this type of room " so i had to change my plans because i didnt want to use my fiance card because its a surprise . so i got a " king studio suit "

When i booked in on 12/31/12 , they asked me when i wanted my romance package set up , i said 6:30 because i have dinner plans for 6:00 & i would like it to be there for when my fiance & I come back .

when we got back at 8:00 , i had him blind folded to see the surprise , when i got to the room , NOTHING was set up ! it was very upsetting , because i wanted it done for him at 6:30 . i then called down to the front desk & she seemed very ungrateful , " yeah it will be right up " she said to me ! 30 MINUTES later a woman comes to my room and hands me champagne & it was SO WARM when i opened it , i had to put the champagne in EVERY glass i could fine & put it into my mini fridge .

Had to wait at least and hour before i could start my night . Then children were running all around the halls screaming which i did no mind because it was only 10:00 , but as the night went on i could not sleep & called down & they said they'd get right on that but did not !

I then rented a movie on the television , & the end got cut off because the fire alarms went off because people were smoking in the hall way on floor 4 ! ( i thought they had secretory for that reason ? ) , so we had to wait outside for about 30 minutes to 1 hour & now my fiance is sick !

Also before i booked the romance package a woman told me included was champagne , chocolates & flowers . i NEVER did receive flowers . Before i checked out there is a plaque saying if im not 100 % satisfied with my stay i dont pay , well i told her and she held out her hand as if to say pay and leave .

Every thing that went wrong caused my surprise to my fiance to FAIL & make my night miserable & everything went wrong on the Hampton Inn's part .
1) they did not set my room up for 6:30n like i ASKED it was done at 8;30 with WARM champagne
2) they were rude and unwelcoming
3) i got false information on the package i purchased
4) i did not finish my movie i BOUGHT because alarms went off for smoking in the building
5) i did not sleep at all because of loud children in the halls ( which i complained about )
6 ) when i checked out they did not care about my satisfaction , they wanted my money and wanted us gone.

I paid a total of : 220.33$ & i do have my receipt & i do want my money back because it said on the plaque on the door , " if your not 100% satisfied you dont pay " well i was not & when i was there they did not follow that rule & did not care . I would not come back again , & i do NOT recommend ANYONE to go .

The Hampton Inn i went to was in Moncton , NB the address is
700 Mapleton Road , Moncton , NB , E1G 0L7
Phone # : 506-855-4819 Fax # : 506-855-8702

Upvote (0)

I made an advanced reservation at Hampton Inn. On the day of arrival a snow storm had closed the major interstate highway (I-80) forcing me to cancel my reservation. I asked for a refund and was told "no refunds". I tried to explain that due to conditions beyond my control (snow storm), I had to cancel my reservation and requested a refund. The "advanced reservation" department was extremely rude, unhelpful and could care less about my situation. I asked if the $158 dollars could be used towards a future reservation at Hampton Inn. I was told "no, that's not possible". I am out $158 dollars. I will never stay at Hampton Inn. I am going to recommend that that no one from my place of employment (1,500 employees) ever stay at Hampton Inn as well.

Upvote (6)

I by mistake booked a advance reservation online. The day before we were traveling I realized after a call to the hotel I had made the reservation on the wrong date. Don't know how this happened but it did. The hotel had a room on the night we needed it but would not let me change the reservation to that date. I have talked to numerous people and it is the same run around, they frankly could care less about my problem, offer no solution, no help and I am out of $108.00 that I did not have to lose. I have never been treated so badly by any company, the unconcern is unbelievable. I will never ever stay at a Hampton Inn and will advise anyone I can to never stay with this chain of hotels.

They don't care about their customers!

Upvote (0)

We checked into the Hampton inn in Newberry, SC. We were so disappointed! First no MSNBC on the tv. Then we could not access the Internet on our own iPad or the hotels computer. That happens sometimes we were told. Going into the bathroom we noticed mold around the bathtub and the last straw was when my husband killed a big roach in the bathroom ! The desk clerk made no apologies and we left! We have always been happy with Hampton Inn and look for them as we travel. We were very unhappy with this one and will look elsewhere in the future.

Linda Roberts

Upvote (0)

I stayed at the Alexandria VA Hampton Inn (1616 King St) from 3/27/13 to 3/30/13. Upon checking in a person who appeared to be homeless was sleeping in the lobby. Each morning people came off the street, put breakfast items in their pockets and left. One morning I went into the unlocked lobby restroom and a man was in there washing. Another time a barefooted man came in to raid the breakfast bar. When I complained to the desk clerk she wouldn't do anything about these people and seemed not to be concerned. At $250 per night I expect more security and don't want non guests hanging around the breakfast bar and lobby. I have never experienced this in over 40 years of staying in hotels.

Upvote (0)

We were extremely disappointed with our stay at the Hampton Inn at Tarpons Inn, Florida. We had to ask to change our first room because of the smell of cigarette smoke in the room. The staff was very accommodating and changed our room. We were not happy with our second room because it was 1) dirty; 2) wall paper was peeling off the wall; 3) coffee machine dirty; 4) upholstery on the chair was stained and dirty; 5) mold on the ice machine; 6) broken tile; 7) no hot water at lavatory sink; 8) disable bar was broken; and 9) bad lighting in bathroom. I took pictures evidencing the aforementioned conditions. I am a Hilton Honors Award member and never stayed at a Hampton Inn where I encountered these conditions. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Contact the Hampton Inn Complaint Department