Customer Service Rating
2.2 out of 5 Stars
Based on 103 Votes

Hampton Inn Complaints

customers have reported 103 problems so far...

Welcome to the Hampton Inn company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Hampton Inn online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Hampton Inn corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Upset with Hampton Inn corporate?

Top 103 Customer Reviews

Experienced poor service? Click here now to visit the Hampton Inn complaint department.

We checked in Friday evening and by very early Saturday morning the 2 elevators were broken. We were put in a handicapped room on the 9th floor and accepted it since that was given in the booking.com reservation. My husband has a bad back and we walked down slowly. On Sat., we could not take advantage of fitness center, etc. We stayed out of the hotel from 9:45 am until 11:15 pm due to the broken elevators. On Sunday for check out fortunately a young man was able to help us down and carry out suitcases. It was a crazy stay in Pittsburgh. The staff tried to be pleasant, but it was difficult.

Comment (0)

Definitely not a complaint!! I called Hampton Inn in Park City Utah and Melissa answered the phone! I was trying to find a way to send something special to my mom who was staying their because I knew I wasn't going to get to see her for Mother's Day. Melissa was apologetic and let me know that there were not any florists or gift shops around Park City but then she did something I would never have expected... She volunteered to make her a little gift basket and deliver it to her room for me!!! This meant the world to me since this is the first time that I will not get to see my mom on Mothers Day and it was really bothering me! Thank you so much Melissa and Hampton Inn for going above and beyond!

Comment (1)

Well to start off I picked this location for my boyfriend and I because it had great reviews and I loved the ocean front view, considering a lot of other hotels were booked this seem like the best place to be. We were visiting from out of town Checked in, went to our room on the 3rd floor settled in, everything was going good so far. Went to get food, came back in and eventually got settled for bed, pulled back the sheets and it was bugs in the bed, so at this point we just packed everything up and went downstairs to tell the front desk, we were told we were being moved to the 2nd floor, now there's no beautiful ocean view from the second floor because the roof is the way I specifically requested "higher floor if available" when I booked.

We were told there were no rooms available higher up, so this was very disappointing. Mind you I'm pregnant, so my boyfriend moved everything to our new room. And had to go up and down several times.Got to the new room, and the things that were provided in the bathroom by the hotel weren't there, there was hair everywhere, in the ice bucket, in the shower,in the beds. I guess management wasn't on duty so we were told to check back the next day to speak about further accommodations. When I did so, we were offered either a certificate to stay at any other Hampton hotel or the refund for that night.

Like I said we were doing a vacation and we just asked for the money back(paid in cash) and was told it'll take 2-3 weeks to get the money back because it was coming from corporate...but it took less than 5 minutes to take the money ok, really unsatisfied now. Asked again about being on a higher floor, was told that nothing was available. Very very unsatified won't be staying here in the future.

It's now been a month yet I've still haven't received a refund I'm highly frustrated with this business.

Comment (0)

Saturday, April 9th, Hampton Inn & Suites, Portsmouth, NH, Room 335. Though the facility was great and the staff friendly, the reservation process was not. An email acknowledgement of the reservation was never received, nor was a reservation confirmation number given over the phone at the time it was made. Additionally, when the reservation was made there was no mention that a valet parking charge would be added to the $189.00 room charge...nor was it mentioned at the time of check in. Found out about the $25.00 charge when checking out Sunday morning when questioning the amount of the bill.

Obviously the statement that you want customers to be satisfied...is just that...a decorative statement that means nothing. This is not what I expected from Hilton/Hampton Inn. Fortunately, there are other places to stay and from reading other reviews, apparently Hampton Inn doesn't care. What a way to run a business!

Comment (0)

We were up all night with people and animals running down the hall. The night staff didn't care and no did the clerk on days. I went to use the laundry and almost got ran over by dogs and people running with their dogs.

Comment (0)

I would like to thank Hampton inn for making my vacation suck. I got a room at the Albuquerque on the 21st on my way to Vegas! I paid cash then after they told me my card would not be charged it was for 188.93 more then what the room was. Spent everyday on vacation on the phone still nothing even after my American Express gave me trans code and id code still nothing. Coming home my family almost had to sleep in the car because nobody wanted to take cash for a room. Finally Best Western let us. I will never use Hampton Inn again. Left voicemail after voicemail for district manager and not a phone call back! Can't even get them to give me corporate number for Hampton.

Comment (0)

Your girl at the desk and the girl who runs the kitchen are great they get 5 stars. However our vacation was ruined because I have been on the phone getting past around and nobody would return my calls! We paid 142 in cash for our room then my card was also charged 188. After I was told it wouldn't be now we have no money to get a room back home from vacation for tonight! It really makes me sick because it was my daughters first spring break vacation. Our stay was this past Monday. Maybe I will get a return phone call from this letter. I am a card member. I pray this is fixed before tonight or we will be sleeping in the car!! The district manager will not return my calls I have left several messages

Comment (0)

I stayed at Hampton Inns 23 nights in the first 2 months of this year, (13 times at the Lenoir City Inn particularly) and just recently started having a problem there getting my room booked at the same rate that I had always got. My Company Master card has a max charge limit of $125.00 any other desk clerk had NO problem getting me the discount needed to acquire the room. But the evening shift guy started giving me a problem recently with a smart elect attitude, rude and completely unprofessional attitude, and was willing to let me walk for $6.00.

I told him that if it is going to be a problem from here and after I would stay at other Motels and he said OK, this kind of attitude is completely unacceptable and trust me with the amount of times I use a Motel through the year many Motels will be glad to take my money. And just so you know Good news travels fast, but BAD news travels faster. This is how you lose loyal customers.

Comment (0)

We were suppose to stay at Hampton inn 7501 North Glenoaks Blvd Burbank, CA.. Our vehicle broke down and we were unable to make it. I called as soon as I arrived home and they told me to call the manager the next day, her name is Helen. I called and explained my situation and she was not friendly or understanding whatsoever. I had to cancel last minute at a different Hampton inn and I was refunded my money. We have been Hilton members for many years! My husband is a US veteran. I tried calling the GM and he is on sick leave.. Not even sure if that's true. Helen refused to give our money back, even though the circumstances were out of our hands. We were loyal to this particular location but we won't be back. I would like a number to the main corporate so we can fight this matter.

Comment (0)

I want to express my feelings regarding misleading advertisements. I am very disappointed because when calling regarding promotion of $149.00 for published weekends understood than 2 days and three nights to make a reservation as a gift for my kid 12 birthday, and for my surprise the agent told me that the promo is wrong because it is per night, which is not specified in the promotion. I send photo as evidence. When you open the application send you to other offers and not published.

In addition to this when I contact the hotel the staff had no information of the promotion. I asked to speak to a manager as with the sales department by calling twice and the call was never answered. My suggestion to avoid disappointment with your hotel guest and future inconvenience is to instruct the staff and hotel Revenue Manager that offers must have specific rules. I apologized for the inconvenience this situation may cause. If you need additional information do not hesitate in contact us.

Comment (0)

We checked into the Hampton Inn in Clarksdale Mississippi October 26th. To make a very long and painful story short, while my wife and I were gone from the motel in a meeting, the cleaning staff entered our room and stole my wife's wallet and sunglasses. We immediately notified the management and they did nothing. After I called the police they finally decided to look on the hotel security camera and they identified exactly the employee. They did nothing. The police then interrogated me and accused me of stealing my wife's wallet!

I tried about 8 times to reach Hampton corporate and all I got was a guy at a phone bank in India. I then obtained the hotel owner's name and number from a business associate. I called the owner, Suresh Shawla, and he has done nothing after repeated conversations over the last months. To add insult to injury, the front desk staff stole my credit card indicia and numerous charges were fraudulently made to my card. Fortunately, the credit card company caught it after a loss of about $1,100. Avoid this Hampton in and this very corrupt southern town.

Comment (0)

On Tuesday morning I made a reservation for Hampton Inn in Detroit/Southgate. I received confirmation. On arrival, after an extremely long drive, and with not a great deal of time before my business appt, I was told they did not have a room for me. I had to leave and find another hotel. Very unhappy and will choose another chain before Hampton next time.

Comment (0)

I have been trying to arrange a block of 14 rooms for our Corvette club for May 20-21, 2016, for the past 4 weeks with the Sumter, SC hotel. I have spoken with Deborah Bell twice at the Hampton Inn headquarters without any action on her part (no group reservation created). Ms Bell was out sick for 2 of those weeks, and I was told that no one could help me while she was unavailable. Since her return to work, Ms Bell has failed to return any of my recent phone calls. I'm preparing to switch to the Holiday Inn Express in Sumter, SC. Our Corvette club has used the Hampton Inn in Goldsboro, NC, without any problems for four similar occasions in the past 8 years. It appears your hotel in Sumter does not need our business.

Comment (0)

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Charlottesville VA on 3/2/16. I had a problem with the hot water and there were ladybugs in the room. I was never told about the 100 guarantee. I have called the Inn many times only to put thru to voicemail. I've called them everyday since 3/3/16 and have had no luck. This is why im coming to you. I am very fed up.

Comment (0)

Staff (housekeeping?) Stole my AM/FM transistor radio, my Samsung charger with adapter and pillow speaker....I left the items on the bed. I left the hotel at 8 am on 3/1/2016 to return to my home intending to return to the hotel that evening since we were staying for 3 days, at 5 PM, I returned to the hotel to find the above items gone. I went back to my residence and looked through both cars. I checked with lost and found, housekeeping and made several calls to the hotel gen manager-Tony Toby? Simmons, we are playing "phone tag"..his effort to reach me is poor....this is the Hampton on Boulder Ave in Highland, CA.

Comment (0)

I usually call my reservations in but I did a survey to let you know how awful the experience was trying to get someone that could understand English so this last trip I booked online and made a dat mistake booking 2/29 checking out on Thursday 3/3 it was supposed to be 1/1 checking out on 3/3. When I showed up on 3/1 there was no reservation it was cancelled and I was told that I was charged for that night.

Okay I understand but I still need the nightstand it was booked at the desk but the price went from 117 to 152 which I didn't understand since I was charged for the first night. I have been a very good customer never complain and thought okay I'll speak with the manager who then came out and immediately was on the offensive and very rude. I told him that was fine if that was the way he felt and walked away to the elevator. He then started talking about the situation with another person like I wasn't even there.

I feel as a loyal customer this should be fixed and if not I will try to never pay to stay with your chain again and differently not at this location just because of the managers attitude.

Comment (0)

When we first walked in and talked to the lady and she was very rude would not give us a room because we forgot it at home then when she gave us our room it was extremely dirty I was over charged about 100 dollars and anytime we asked for help everyone was rude. There is even more pictures to send but would not let me put them on.

Comment (0)

We have been a member of Hampton club since 2009 . When we travel Hampton Inn is the only Hotel / Motel we stay in. In all the years making reservations I never had to request a Refrigerator or Micro oven. I surrender 30 thousands points for a room that I could have pay $49.00 at Motel 6. Is that the standard room that Hampton Inn offers when a loyal customer surrender their points with no Refrigerator or Oven. Very disappointed about this stay. We had one window that was stained and you could barley see out. I am going to consider using other chain in the future. If you would please call me to disgust this matter.

Comment (0)

On my recent stay at the Hampton Inn Selma, Alabama i booked a room with a whirlpool tub. Once we tried to use the tub the jets didnt work and the cold water knob was broke. Thankfully my fiance is a maintenance man and knew how to work the water without a knob. It was such a disappointment to not be able to use the whirlpool to full capacity. On our way to check we told a worker about the issue and they told us only one whirlpool in the whole hotel even works all of the whirlpools are broken or raggedy. I need and explanation as to why they are still being advertised and people are being charged full price for a broken or half working tub.

Comment (0)

I was an employee at Hampton Inn. I was touching on my body and nothing was not done about it the sex offender still works there. It is not fair and the hole department of house keeping smoke drugs from the boss on down and they don't change they sheets or blanket that's just nasty. I'm in pensacola I'm talking about the Hampton Inn on the beach in Gulf breeze.

Comment (0)

The manager of the Hampton Inn at Miami OK secured a reservation for us at the Hampton Inn in the Tulsa/Catoosa area (across from Hard Rock Casino); I am claustrophobic and my husband is acrophobic. We arrived at the Hampton and there was not a room available on the first floor that had two queen beds; however, she "secured permission from her manager" for us to have the King Suite. She (Aida Rodriguez) was very gracious and helpful. She also suggested we join the Hilton Honors program.

At breakfast the next morning, several of the choices were not available. One of the women (someone else, not me) went to the door where the hostess was and told her. The hostess did not understand English so the woman led her to the pans that were empty. The hostess just shrugged--and a long time later she brought out eggs. Neither of the hostesses spoke and/or understood English. After breakfast, my husband took our "Hilton Honors" application to the woman at the check in desk. She refused to help him and said she couldn't do anything. It upset him; however he cannot breathe if he gets upset so he came back to the table. I then waited in line to talk to her--while I was in line she was verbally abusive to the people in front of me. Refusing to help them with whatever it was they needed.

Both couples went away very angry. When it was my turn I asked her why she could not help my husband. She told me it was not her job (why was she the only one behind the check in desk). I asked to speak to the manager and was informed he was very rarely on site. I asked for her name and she refused to give it to me. I asked about the woman who was so kind to my husband and she said she would not be in that day. There was nothing she could do and she walked away.

If Hampton is going to employ people from other cultures I totally understand--I believe everyone who seeks work should be given jobs if they are available. I DO NOT believe if you work with the public and you are in my country and you do not understand and/or speak English you should be employed--not only by Hampton, but by anyone else.

I do not want anything from Hampton, simply to be more understanding of the people who rely on your Inns to provide us with rest and no hassle. None of us should be insulted, humiliated, or made to feel like a problem. The Hampton Inn in Miami OK, Conway AR, and Branson MO are spectacular. The staff at these Inns, from the housekeeping department, right on up the chain, are marvelous.

Comment (0)

I came in the hampton inn on 73 in Voorhees NJ about a week ago to put in an application for employment. The building is very nice but its so unorganized. I feel as though i wasn't given a interview because of my race. I applied for house keeping. Margie, which is the hiring manager in housekeeping. Has her mom, sister, cousin, n her husband in those departments. I know someone who is Hispanic that just got hired and she received a interview on the spot but when i came the following day she just took my application and laughed.

I felt so embarrassed. This place needs to be cleaned up and with professionals. They bring there children on the weekends and they run all over the hotel because the head bosses aren't there. You have no one to talk to about your problems because everyone is related. Including the office staff and the head manager of the hotel. Something needs to change.

Comment (0)

We are a Architectual Firm located in Tampa Florida and do work all over Florida and several other states and I book rooms at Hampton Inn all the time. I made a reservation for two of our employees traveling to Boynton Beach for work on the 26 of January 2016. After working all day our employees Alex Bothos (male) and Nichole Goulet (female) went to their hotel , it was around 8pm. She was told they did not have any reservation for them,. Nichole produce the confirmation# and she was told the rooms were canceled because they were booked through Expedia. Even though There is a confirmation # 126952657099. I went to google maps and looked up the address and found the hotel close to job site since they had to be back in the morning.

The girl at he desk ,Mellisa who told them that the reservation was canceled, also told them there was only one room available and that they would have to go Hampton Inn West Palm if they wanted hotel rooms. I called yesterday and spoke with a young man by the name of Michael. Whom by the way is very polite and helpful and let me know the manager Mellisa would be in in the next hour and call me back. Which she never did!

Michael however did call me back today and let me know that he was told I have reserved 2 rooms, 1 smoking and 1 non-smoking and that they did not have another non smoking room availible. Which was not the case, I reserved two of the same rooms. My concern is whether I booked it through Expedia, orbitz, hotels.com, google maps, it should not matter. They had a confirmation # and should have had their rooms that night instead of having to get back on the interstate drive 20-30 miles more and have to back to the job site in the morning after another 20-30 miles. I have another 2 hotel rooms booked with Hampton Inn for mid Feb in Georgia and I'm concern is what if this happens again?

Comment (0)

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Adel GA in December 2015 and they had bed bugs. We had to throw away all of our belongings and when I contacted the General Manager of the Hotel; Susan Griffin, she initially agreed to reimburse us for the one nights stay. Three weeks later, when I contacted her to follow up on the reimbursement, she reneged on the reimbursement and hung up on me as I was trying to remind her of our previous agreement. I have yet to obtain a resolution.

I have never had this type of experience with a hotel and I have traveled all across the world. I ave never experienced bed bugs or such a rude and unprofessional encounter with a general manager of a hotel. I will never stay at the Hampton Inn Adel GA or any other Hampton Inn again due to this horrible experience. I advise you to not stay at Hampton Inn Adel GA.

Comment (0)

Charges on credit card were charged while room was paid in cash. 7 days talked to afternoon manager and morning manager not communicating with each other. Told us it could take 7 days to get charges off of credit card. We will not be using Hampton Inn again. We will call be calling BB with complaint after filing on here.

Comment (0)

I was waiting in the lobby for a friend on Tuesday January 20th a the Hampton Inn Cobb parkway smyrna Georgia and I was approached by staff of why and whom I was waiting for and the name which i felt was an invasion of privacy. I am a Hilton honors guest and my company uses Hilton hotels when i travel. I feel my privacy was violated especially I should not have to reveal my friends room number and what we would be doing there.

Comment (0)

The room 313 we were given at 1545 Jameson Drive, Grenada, MS had dirty linens on one bed. When we got off elevator there were several trash bags full of garbage sitting to left, which smelled. The room we stayed in the carpet was dirty & did not look like it had been vacuumed in a while. We have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before that was like this. The night manager was very nice & when she moved us informed me that I would not be charged for our nights stay, which I did appreciate very much. Just thought corporate might like to know this, if it were my business I would want someone to let me know so I could check on the management in charge. The breakfast was very good & lady very friendly.

Comment (0)

Tonight, I called the Hampton Inn in Morgantown, WV to make a reservation for May 12,13, and 14, 2016. I was horrified when the young woman to whom I was talking informed me that the nightly rate for that weekend would be $389.00 per night, plus tax. The normal rate for the same accommodations at any other time would be approximately $140.00 per night. The West Virginia University graduation ceremonies are being held in Morgantown on the weekend of May 12-14, 2016, and the city will be crowded with families attending that graduation. My family was looking forward to being present to see our daughter hooded and awarded her Ph.D. However, at a cost of over $1300.00 just for a place to sleep for 3 nights, we must reconsider.

I find it appalling that your hotel chain would take advantage of the public this way. If a room normally rents for $140.00 per night, it should always rent for that price. The room and hotel services haven't changed for that weekend. This is pure and simple extortion of the public. Morgantown isn't a city that gets few visitors throughout the year. On the contrary, between athletic events and other university business, the hospital and medical businesses located there as well as other businesses, the city brings in quite a large number of people who need hotel reservations.

I am sure the Hampton Inn gets its fair share of these reservations because of its convenient location. I find this gouging of the public on graduation weekend unethical and unprofessional behavior that demonstrates nothing but greed on the part of the hotel and its management. I have to question the management of the entire Hilton Hotel chain if this is permitted. In the future, my family and I will carefully and thoroughly research all hotel options before we even consider, as a last resort, making reservations at any Hilton affiliated hotel again.

Comment (0)

Anytime I have stayed at the Hampton Inn I have had a great experience. I have especially loved Hampton Inn sheets and pillows and purchased some on line. My complaint is not about Hampton Inn. My complaint is about my daughter Julie. Julie is a General Manager at a Hampton Inn. I believe she is an exceptional manager and is appreciated and liked by her employees and Hampton Inn executives. My problem is...she wants absolutely nothing to do with me..and I am her mother! I don't know why she has no desire to see me or contact me and she will not say why to anyone else in our small family. It has been about 2 years since I have talked to her.

She does not want me to contact her through email, texting, letters through the US mail or leaving her phone messages. I was sending her beautiful cards through the mail, to let her know I'm thinking of her and how much I love her and miss her. I would text her and she would not text back. I would leave her phone messages on her cell phone and ask her to please call me sometime - she never has. I would call her husband's cell phone and leave messages asking him to tell Julie to call me or if he would take a moment to call me. I never heard from him either. I need to say I live in the north and Julie lives in the south. We are over 800 miles away! I am very torn and broken.

It wasn't always this way. This behavior gradually happened over the course of 4 years or so ago. She would call me less and less and it just gradually got to no contact at all. I found out several months ago from my sister, Julie's aunt that Julie was going to start a log of how many times I "harass her" and then have me arrested for harassing her. I am the founding director of a non profit organization and could never take the chance that this would happen to me - by my own daughter? My heartaches, she never sees my tears.. I pray everyday she will change her mind and to talk to me and see me again like years before. She has not called me for holidays that other daughters celebrate with their families. I thought maybe Christmas she would at least send me a greeting card or a picture of her and her husband or maybe of her cats and dog - nothing...like I don't even exist.

It's very painful for me to even write this and so unusual of a way to try and reach my daughter. Julie tells her aunt and sister to let me know she's fine, but is not interested in hearing from me anymore. Julie and her husband visit his few family members in Florida. The only things I have to remind me that she once loved me, are pictures, a refrigerator magnet, cards and a book she gave me several years ago. I also treasure the crystal bowl and candle holders her and her husband gave me several Christmases ago. I have told Julie over the years that I'm sorry I wasn't a better mother. I made plenty of mistakes and her childhood/teen years were not wonderful.

Julie's father passed away tragically when she was a teenager. I tried the best I knew how to teach her Christian values. When she was younger I would take her and her sister to church. She has always been a very sweet loving girl and loves animals like I do. What has happened to my Julie? I want to say also your stepdad is truly sorry and feels horrible that he broke your finger all those years ago... I apologize for resorting to writing the Hampton Inn and I'm so sorry to do so. Julie Honey Girl, please...reach out to me sometime...somehow.

Comment (0)

I will not be back here ever again after the way the GM was talking to the housekeepers he had told one to get a toothbruch and get down on her hands and knees to clean the bathroom floor and the whole time he was talking to her like she was 3 me and my family will never stay in a place were the boss doesn't know how to talk to people and I was standing at the front desk for like 20 mins before he even helped me I do believe his name was Amitt and it was the sunberry, ohio one on 36 37.

Comment (0)

I stay in the Brampton ( Toronto) Hampton Inn 4 nights ( sometimes 2 rooms) a year for the past 5 years. A couple years ago recycling bins disappeared from the room. So I end up bringing home my recycling. This particular trip we placed our towels (4) of them on racks as I believe it is a complete waste of energy to wash them. All towels were collected and new ones were left where it is clearly stated if you don't want them washed please rack them.

Small issues for some...... but means a lot to me because I can only imagine this is hotel wide ( maybe chain wide). The new item on my bill is the biggest irritant. "Hotel Service/Eco fee"........I was told this is for the reduced water usage of the shower, the generous hotel offer of donating the left over soap and I don't remember if there was a third lame reason . You can't charge your customers for a chain wide offering to do something good for the planet. Do it because you must ......not because your competition does and you can take financial benefit from it.

Comment (0)

On Sunday, January 11, I spent the night at Hampton Inn in Ada, OK. The room reservation was made through the State of OK and was charged to them. I was told that they could not charge it to the State because it "wouldn't go through". I charged it to my credit card. When I returned to work Tuesday morning, I was told it did get charged to the State's credit card. I called Hampton Inn corporate phone number and was told they would credit my card. Now there are 3 pending charges for the one night I stayed there. All are for $101.80. I called Hampton Inn again and was told by the manager that they couldn't do anything. "It's a Hilton problem". I want all 3 charges off of my credit card!

Comment (0)

I was and employee at the hampton inn. I have two big issue and if you guys can't do nothing I getting a lawyer cause this matter is nothing play. On Nov 18 I was hired at Hampton inn anyways 12-6-15 I was getting my stuff together getting ready to get on the elevator when the manger touched me with his right shoulder then turn around and smile I went into the elevator and called my mom. I'm a single mom so I just did my job so I could go home. That's sexually harassment.

On 12-22-15 it was pouring down raining bad enough I live in a flood zone my wind shield wipers wouldn't work so I called and she said she would try see if she could get someone to come in. But the manager said I still need come in. I told them I had no was and I'm not going kill my self they didn't care. Mary call me back and said she saw me coming in. I said ok do I still need to she said yes. I wouldn't of made no different if Jenna was by her self I was going be by myself So I prayed and got to work.

The manager had seen me trying get my stuff together so I could start she said are u ok I said no she said what wrong I said it would of hurt to let me get my car fix and u had someone else work. Then said whatever you can go home the next time it rains you don't have worry about getting stuck, so she didn't have to make that smart remark. Nobody no if there going have car issue till it's time to go. three others have had issue. Corporate thinks she the big bad wolf walks around talking about everyone and I mean everyone.

On 12-24-15 I got a message from a co worker that I been taken off the schedule I said really, why so I called and talked Neil he said cause it slow I don't have come in and they only have two room for that day I said ok then I asked why am I crossed. Off the schedule for the following week he said it's really slow we will figure it out I said ok and hung up.On 12-30-15 I called to see when I work he said because I didn't come Saturday I told him he said I didn't have to cause it was slow and only had to room he said he didn't I have 4 witnesses who listen to the convention and then he said you no what I'm sorry you no longer work here and hung up in my face.

I got fired for what? So when I called back for corporate number everyone played dumb about the number. If nothing done I'll be filling charges for discrimination and sexually harassment

Comment (0)

I won a certificate for a one night stay at the Hampton inn and Suites in grand Blanc michigan. It was out dated because I had misplaced it. They were very short with me and would not even consider to honor it . They gave the reason that corporate wouldn't allow it. I bought it a a charity auction,so it was a taxable write off. I have used this type of certificates before for my grand-daughter birthday get away. That is what we planned to do with this. Very disappointed in your manager don't care attitude her name is Tina Bausick Flint- Hampton Inn &suites. I would like your company to honor my certificate please. Hiring a more pleasant manager would help your business. They had room available also.

Comment (0)

Staying at the Hampton Inn in West Mifflin, Pa. Checked in for 2 nights. Learned I had a late afternoon business meeting on my second day stay. Asked if there was a chance for a late checkout. I was told "NO" Not unless I want to pay for an extra day. This hotel person never checked her records, availability, times etc. Really. This is not the kind of treatment I expected. This hotel was not by no means "busy". I totally understand why Marriott gets a lot of repeat business. I can honestly say I have never had any problems with late check outs with Marriott.

Comment (0)

In the evening I walk from work, I walk downtown from my job, so from 30th Euclid to One public square, just to give u a visual of the distance I walk daily, I always use the bathroom before I leave work around 4:25ish so if I need to stop before I get my bus at 5:07pm, I know for a fact I can stop at Hampton East 9th Superior or The Westin @ 6th St. Clair or Marriott Key Center public square these hotels are very clean and smell wonderful (I take medication that require frequent breaks) so with all this being said, today I stop at Hampton around 5:00pm and as I started to the bathroom a woman approach me and said you can't use our bathroom (I was shocked because they always smile and very polite when I come through the automatic door)

I said excuse me so she repeated it, buy this time I had to use it really bad, so I said ok I will use it and won't come back, after I came out I started to address it then but they had a few customers and I'm not the one to create a scene and didn't want to miss my bus as I did, as I think about it more and more she was out of line , 1. There is no sign to read " no public bathroom" 2. It's a public place 3. I haven't committed any criminal activities 4. haven't harassed anyone. My complaint is really that management and customer service at Hampton Inn was out of line at every level. My family were looking into spending New Years weekend at your hotel, but thanks to your unprofessional corporate policy and front desk we will look else where.

Comment (0)

I was an employee for Hampton Inn. On Nov. 28th 2015 I showed up to work at 7 a.m. the hotel had been a full house due to the weather. Customers were not checking out early because of the weather, the lady preparing the breakfast had called out the maintenance guys name which he is hard of hearing (no offense) he didn't hear her so he kept walking she then comes to front desk and tells me "you see he said he wouldn't throw the trash for her, I responded that he didn't hear her and she says "yes he did" I replied "no he didn't" she went on to say that he did and that that was his job and she was no longer going to let herself from no one. A little after that the acting GM (Amy) appeared at front desk so here comes the breakfast lady (Maria) to tell her that the maintenance guy did not want to throw her trash, which is a lie, and I let her know that that wasn't true, cause she was trying to make him look bad.

Well, minutes passed and her so called boyfriend/husband comes in and goes directly into the kitchen which at that point I didn't think anything of it. All of sudden he approaches me pointing his finger at me telling me " DO NOT TELL MARIA NOTHING" Maria's beside him telling him Juan,Juan, I told him "don't start and that he was not in his place to tell me anything and Maria's pushing him towards front entrance, and he starts calling out my husband which he was not there then I told him "get out of here". I then went back to the office where Amy (acting GM) and Raul a (co-worker) were sitting, I told her what happened she(Amy) went to kitchen and talked to Maria. I was really upset and humiliated.

My point is Amy gave my a verbal write up and told me she couldn't tell Maria's boyfriend not to come back, that because my husband would go too! I told her my husband does not act like that and the day he does I would be on her side Amy wanted me to admit that I had said "get the F out of here" which I didn't say that to him, which she insisted. I told her I would quit because I didn't feel safe working there and that I would finish the rest of the week Amy told me that if I didn't want to go on Sunday I didn't have to, she kept trying to get rid of me.

I feel that if she was able to hear anything into the office why didn't she come out to see what was going on? I felt unprotected that I decide to quit my job and call corporate. I ended up calling Jessica B. and apologizing for not going to work the next day(Sunday). Jessica tells me Maria's man was not allowed back on property but I never heard that from Amy acting GM in our location. I ended up talking to Amy to be put back on schedule but this time she puts me in housekeeping which I was Okay with at at first although, there was my days still available cause this was only 3 days after the incident. All I know is that I got the bad end of the stick for a drunken man that came into the property to assault me and I wasn't even defended. I feel Amy just didn't like me! Hampton is a very well known franchise and likes to look good and defend their customers. I believe we have rights too.

Comment (0)

On November 16 & 17,2015 I made a reservation for the Hartford, Ct. Hampton Inn. I had to cancel it. Due to a problem with my gps and heavy traffic. I spoke to the Manager, Mr. Acosta who was very nice. However, he said," there was nothing he could do for us because the reservation was non refundable." We are senior citizens who had been driving for more seven hours! It got dark and we were unable to get to the hotel. We have always used Hampton Inn in the past and it seem that your company should be able to make some type of accommodation. We notified the hotel with plenty of time for you to rent the room if necessary. Please give our situation consideration.

Comment (0)

Checked in hampton inn walnut grove memphis tn. My husband was admitted to baptist hospital right there with cancer and has 3-6months of life left, as that's not stressful enough, went to our car( parked up front, by the office window in handicap spot.) and 6 cars were stripped of the wheels and tires. One car was stolen all in the same night. Nothing was done about it. We were told we could stay courtesy of them as we had no way to get anywhere without wheels right? Well my son in law had flyer points as he reserved it for us, well hampton used all his points to pay for the remainder of our stay. They did nothing. They have no security. I would not recommend this place, ever. Dangerous.

Comment (0)

I was an employee at the Hampton Inn in Southgate, MI. I was a housekeeper and yesterday afternoon me and the supervisor (Dora) we got into an altercation. I am only 17 years old and I feel like I was pin pointed out by Dora because i was young and not the color of her skin. She is not a good supervisor, she runs back to all the other housekeepers telling them about other housekeepers. They have been through so many housekeepers because of her. She was stealing our tips and nothing was done about it, it still continued after the fact and I have proof and so did the other that went to the General Manager and she got away with it. She threatened me and act like she was going to hit me as I was calling for my ride she was saying "I got people too". Mind you I am only 17 and she is a 40 year old woman. I want something done about her or I will take everything to court because what she is doing is fraud and unprofessional. She should be a supervisor but she is a liar and a thief. She should not be working at the Hampton Inn. The Hampton Inn is an overall wonderful hotel to work at it is just the supervisor Dora.

Comment (0)

Stay on 10/18/15 We called the desk to inform them that the TV did not work, they said check to see if it was plugged in, it was so they said the would be up in about five minutes. We started un packing and hanging up our clothes and I turned on the heater, and very foul smell came from the heater, it smelled like someone had urinated in it, then it started smoking and set off the smoke detector. We packed our clothes and moved into the hallway. It had been fifteen minutes and no one had showed up, so I called the desk and informed them of the heater problem and that it had set off the smoke detector (which was still buzzing). They were quite rude and said the heaters always smell when they are first started, I said do they always set off the smoke detector? They said they would be right up.

Fifteen minutes later he shows up and takes us to another room and again was rude, acting like it was our fault we had to move. The new room had hair on the toilet and the bowl had been used and not cleaned, the heater would not work on AUTO, so we had to run it constantly. At breakfast the food was so bad people were saying they were not eating and were leaving, we joined them. On complaining to the manager at check out, she said she would have the General Manager (Jai Amrit) call us, naturally we have never heard from him. We have been long tine Hilton Honors Members and faithfully stay at Hampton Inn's, this was an experience we would hopefully never repeat, bad accommodations and rude service.

Comment (0)

I am staying in the Bowling Green, KY location and I only have about 10 cable channels because the cable has been out for 2 weeks. I've been here since November 2nd and everytime I call to complain they are so complacent about it. I called the 800 number to complain and they said it wasn't their job to fix it. I am staying here for a week and I can't watch 1 movie. What is going on with this hotel?

Comment (0)

I secured two rooms one for my husband and myself and one for my brother and his wife. They arrived at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove Coral Gables Fl. On10/24/15. My Sister in Law refused to occupy her room because of smell of vomit in the room. Room was changed. I arrived Sunday10/25/15. Room was adequate but when my Husband checked in he was treated rudely by staff an African American woman said we would have to move room because we had two queen beds and we have them rented out. My Husband asked " what are you going to do put us out on the street". Husband also said we have a 90 year old mother in the Baptist Hospital who is terminally ill. Then she asked what e were using for our rate AARP.

She would change it to Hospital rate which was lower. We checked out on Tues 10/27/15. Bill placed under door was still on AARP rate. Today someone called from Hampton Coral Gables thinking we still a reservation at Hampton we were home in Gainesville. She was snippy thinking we were either still at Hampton or on the way. We had confirmation number80047863 l have stayed at this Hampton many times and have never had such confusion and consternation over our stay. My mother was admitted to Hospice so the family was very focused on her and not on unpleasant Hampton employee. We never did get the hospital rate and neither did my brother. Please audit this customer complaint and the correct behavior to be sensitive to family emergencies.

Comment (0)

I was very upset due to the reconstruction that was going on and I didn't receive a notice or anything about the reconstruction at all. We were stuck in a room where all of the construction was going on, why couldn't we be moved to the second floor as the others were on the second floor. Noise, early in the morning, dust flying all over the place and it was just not the type of weekend that we were expecting. We always use this hotel whenever we travel, but this past weekend was not a relaxing one. We paid our money to be able to relax and to have a good time, but I have to say that it wasn't. My confirmation number from this past weekend is 84738449. We would love to continue to use Hampton in, but this past weekend was not a good look. Hope to hear from the corporate offices at Hampton Inn soon about my complaint.

Comment (0)

We checked in on 9/25 for one night . We were given room 308, when we entered the room and left our suit cases and immediately went out to dinner. After dinner we returned to the room to get ready for bed. Once we entered the room I stated to my husband it smells terrible in here, not noticing when we left our suitcases as we were only in the room a few minutes during that time. My husband agreed, I went down to ask for another room but the hotel was booked. During the evening especially on my side of the bed I smelled a strong odor of urine. I at one point said to my husband that I was feeling ill.

The next morning we got up at 5am to get out of the room and approach the front desk to complain about the odor. The girl at the front desk was polite and said immediately "I know what it is , it is the shower curtain next to the toilet it happens all the time as people miss the toilet and it hits the curtain". I stated to her that you should not rent that room again without cleaning it thoroughly , as the urine smell also was coming from the rug. She stated, "oh sorry about that". We paid for the room 159.00 which we are requesting refund for or a free night at another Hilton/Hampton Inn. We have had great experiences at Hampton Inn's staying earlier in the week at another location which was wonderful experience.

This experience was a bad experience and the front desk made resolution nor gave us no customer service satisfaction. We do not want to detour us from staying at a Hampton Inn again but again feel that some kind of customer resolution needs to be made.

Comment (0)

On Sept. 16 & 17 I stayed in your Santa Fe Inn (with Shoreline Travel). The beds were comfortable & the bathroom was very nice. However, when we walked into the room that night I smelled a distinct skunk odor and immediately went to change rooms. The desk clerk informed us that all the rooms were occupied but she could come with air spray. She informed us that there were skunks in the neighborhood & perhaps the odor penetrated the air system. We turned the A/C on high, & my roommate went outside but did not smell any skunk odor. She had a most unpleasant exchange with the manager. With the A/C the smell was lessened but several other people noticed a bad smell in their rooms. It is essential that you show you care about your clients and that you take steps to correct persistent problems. Customers want a fresh room with no odors. A/C can be turned on in advance of arrivals. You do not want to lose customers, so managers must be professional and show concern. You have a great location. Hopefully your manager will improve her attitude.

Comment (0)

I booked a room for 2 night at the Hampton Inn in Danville. I was assured that we would have a walk in shower to accommodate my wife's broken leg. I even asked the desk clerk to check with the manager, which he did, and I was again told we would have walk in shower. This was the reason we chose this hotel. A few days later when we arrived at the hotel our room had a tub with wall handrails. I asked front desk to move us to a room with a walk in shower and was told that there were no walk in shower rooms. I was told by the desk clerk that he would note the problem and I would be hearing back about some sort of compensation. Before checking out I spoke with another front desk clerk and she promised that I would be contacted. Five days later I have not received a call from the corporate offices.

Comment (0)

My daughter, joined the US ARMY and is traveling alone 1,200 miles to her base. She made a mistake and prepaid for a room that will not allow her to reach her base by the required date. Because she prepaid they will not allow her to switch to a location further away. Hilton customer service reps are rude, unprofessional and uncaring. She is out 150 dollars that she does not have. TERRIBLE customer service. She called to explain, I called, we twittered etc. and nothing. No call back!

Comment (0)

I booked two room for Me and My Children, I end up extending my stay, due to car problems, nevertheless there was a fire drill, that was not announced, my kid was scare!! running in the hallways and thinking about a fire, there was no announcement of false alarm or not! As we finally got back asleep, the alarm went off again, still no indication of what was occurring, I called down stairs only to be told, there was no fire!

Then when I had to book another day, which I explained that I need both room for another night and was there any discounts that I could use, I was told the discount was already included in the rate of the family event, I end up paying close to $800 for both rooms. I did not think the staff was very helpful or had any sympathy in the matter of my axel breaking on my car, this made me feel like your hotel was family in dealing with families issues these children are foster children who got an opportunity to come and be in A hotel, only to leave out afraid with no explanation of why a fire drill went off!

Comment (0)

I checked in to the Hampton Inn on 8/5 and was given a room for I had called ahead. I had a problem with the 12 noon checkout so the reservation person told me to tell them at registration. My daughter was working and couldn't pick me up that early. T he person told me that it would be a $50 charge. As we walked away the agent said, both of you have a good stay. It was only I that was staying so I went down around 11 am to ask if the late charge was for one or two. Before I closed the door I put the do not disturb sign (Dreaming) on the door handle. Asked the agent if the charge was correct and she said that there wasn't usually a charge but I had to come back for the manager had gone to the bank. I got up to the room and found a maid in my room. She said that there was no sign but she had knocked it down. Not happy at all.

I told him that the last thing that I did was put the sign on the door. I went later to speak to the Hampton Inn manager and he said that there was a charge but what I had been charged was too much. I told him that the hotel directory didn't mention a charge and that the agent told me that there wasn't a charge usually. He didn't care and I explained the problem with the maid and he stated that she told him that there was no sign. Untrue. Also at 1pm a note was delivered to the room stating that there would be no water for they were having a leak fixed. Shortly after that the tvs went out (storm related ) I had asked him if he could remove the late charge because of this and he said no but he'd lower it to the correct amount.

I don't know what was final charge was. I was waiting for my daughter and one of the maids came down and asked me if everything was ok? Apparently they were annoyed because I removed the tip $ after I came back and found the maid in my room. That and the fact that she lied I didn't feel she deserved it. This was the first time that I didn't leave a tip and I am 64. Very unprofessional how this was handled.

Contact the Hampton Inn Complaint Department

The best way to reach Hampton Inn with a customer service issue.
  • Corporate headquarters