Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Feb 16, 2015
Bad

We booked 2 rooms for arrival 02/28/13-departing 03/02/13, one for my wife and I another a friend (who paid for there 1 room ) while were to pay for the other (1) room. when we received our cred card statement we found that we were charged for 2 extra days that we were not there for, to the amount of 268.94. We have left a number of messages to a Kimberly Newsome who we were told by calling the number 912-721-3700 that she was part of the H.R. and accounting department , the phone number that we were given is 912-721-51711, our calls were NEVER returned, and requesting to talk with the hotel manager it seems they were always in a meeting and also to busy to return our calls. We find this type of service to paying customers very unsatisfactory, discourteous , and unprofessional and will never recommend or use Hampton Inn and Suites again. The Inn that we used is, Hampton Inn and Suites 20 Johnston St. Savanna Ga. 31405

Have you had problems with Hampton Inn?

Compare Hampton Inn to Similar Hotels more...

Top 51 Reviews about Hampton Inn

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Hampton Inn customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Hotel website misrepresented a twin size "sofa" (really a love seat) sleeper as a full bed. My two children didn't fit. We asked for a rollaway and were told it was a fire hazard. Service desk rep was unapologetic as was the manager the next day. She said it was a full by hotel standards. I have a twin mattress in my home, I know what it looks like. Your standards must be pretty low.

Would not offer alternate accommodations since we booked through Seaworld. It doesn't matter where we booked, do you stand by your reputation or not? Seems to me that you don't like families with children. Or people who are not petite.

Bad

I mistakenly booked a reservation at the Idaho Falls Hampton on 5/6/15 on the opposite side of town. I requested that my reservation be switched to the Hampton at which I'd intended. The manager at the Lindsay Blvd location refused my request, despite neither hotel being near capacity, citing the 24-hour cancellation policy. Refusing a transfer between Hampton properties seems a very petty stance to take against a long-time, consistent customer. You secured my stay this evening. I'll think twice before booking with you in the future and will certainly avoid the Lindsay location.

Poor

I booked a room online in Carmel, IN for 4/1715. The reason for my stay was a Scholarship Award dinner for my daughter at Butler University. Upon arrival, I learned that I could ask the the "Butler Rate." The "Butler Rate" was $60 less than the rate I was charged but was told she "could not change my rate because of the way I booked." How would anyone know that in order to get the "Butler Rate" that they were to book any other way than online. There were other people standing in line who were able to change their rate once they asked them for the "Butler Rate." The young lady who assisted me said she could not change my rate. I was completely surprised because I usually stay at Hampton Inns and have always had wonderful customer service and the accomodations have been great. If this isn't corrected, I doubt that I will go out of my way to stay at Hampton Inns in the future. I am a Hilton Honors member and always choose to stay at your places. I was very disappointed with that should couldn't be more helpful. If one group gets the "Butler Rate," why shouldn't everyone? I hope to receive a reply.

Bad

I was overcharged a $100 for a 1 week stay at the aforesaid LI hotel. A 209.24 credit provided its manager Bruce for 2 unsatisfactory days when there was no housekeeping services provided was not given. Efforts to resolve the matter with its manager Bruce were futile. I made a AAA reservation listed under the Hampton Inn website and received a special additional discount for paying-in-full in advance for a non-refundable, non cancellable reservation. The entire cost would be forfeited if we arrived late and no credit if checked-out early. The reservation did not reflect the standard 10% discounts of AAA, AARP, Seniors, Military, Honors or 5% retired PO.

In NC I receive the AAA and retired po courtesies. Bruce provided an official receipt documenting the $100 discrepancy and Suzanne wrote on a sheet of paper the amount due for 2 day credit and the confirmation # which would appear from its AAA travel agent. Bruce was refusing to accept accountability claiming AAA got the money. He called spoke to his agent and handed the phone to me The correct price on the bill documents I was overcharged by its AAA agent who is in effect stealing from both of us. The bottom line is Hampton Inn allows AAA travel to represent it and as such is responsible for its deficiencies. and mis feasances. "You have to get the money from the other guy" is a response often used by collaborators Last sentence on my receipt states I may have to present our membership card to get the AAA discount.

Bad

We stayed there on Saturday night, April 11, 2015. We were woken up by a fire alarm going off at 3:40am. When came to our senses and realize that it was actual an fire alarm. Our room was on the top floor (4th) and we were confused and not sure whether it was a real thing or prank or exercise being done. Finally after about 5-6 minutes or so someone came by and told us that the front desk said for us to actual an alarm and to evacuate the building. My concern was why there was not a better way to let folks know for sure what's going on. (maybe a recording on the phone to tell that is real fire and to get out or over the intercom system or something to help. I would think your hotel would have a better way to confirm that we needed to get out of there. Believe the alarm was sounding but we did not smell anything so it was hard to believe that a fire was going on. We were told by others in the parking lot that there was a small fire or something going on the first floor. The hotel did not even say they were sorry for the interruption when we checked out the next day. I know the folks that morning was not the ones there when this happen but they should of at least acknowledge that we had been erupted during the night by the fire alarm. Given us a slight discount for our stay or say they sorry that it happen. We heard it was a kitchen fire. A note under the door would of been nice the next morning when we got up explaining what happen. Oh, I just had another thoughy, they want to know how many are staying when you check in but no came around from the hotel to verify that everyone had gotten out safely. I hope this never happens again. We have always prefer to stay at Hampton but maybe you need to implement a better way to let you customers know when a fire is in the building along with the fire alarm.

Poor

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Atlanta - Canton on 4/7/2015 and 4/8/2017 in room 310. We missed an appointment on Wednesday morning because we left a wake up call for 7:00am and did not receive one!!!!!!! Thought that this should be noted as a complaint so this can be corrected by the staff and it will not happen to someone else in the future. This missed wake up call, not only had my husband and I miss a critical appointment, but it also cost us money. If you are going to offer a service like wake up calls, then do the service! I've learned my mistake and will set many alarms in the future, not depending on the thoughtless people of Hampton Inn

Horrible

On 2-13-15 my wife and i checked in at the Haampton inn in Blytheville Ar.We paid 110.36 in CASH and took recpt.Had to leave our credit card for possible damage deposit,we told the girl do not swipe the card.We picked up our card am 2-15 and left no damage etc. im 80 yrs old wife about the same.We retruned home 2 wks. later to find a 119.36 bill on our credit card.After 6 calls e mail etc nothing.Our credit card was used with out out permission and someone kept our 110.36.Stay far away from there there a bunch of low down dirty cons,P.S. MOLLY the manager is a real peach lol to do business with.Molly i hope you read this you s--- b---

Bad

Upon arrival to this hotel, the front dear staff were sitting down on the chairs in the lobby. No proper greeting or friendly smiles. First impression was a disappointment. If that wasn't bad enough, the front desk person was confused and couldn't decide which room to assign to us. No usual offering of snacks such as cookies and/or popped corn. Upon entry into our room I was immediately disappointed in the appearance all old furniture. Given the coat of this room, I would expect these rooms be updated. The maintenance people Trevor, imparticular, was very helpful as there were a couple of issues the toilet wouldn't flush and the thermometer was located on the wall and wasn't controlled on the heating unit itself (no one instructed). Also, the employees who helped with the breakfast were cheerful and had the breakfast items well stocked and looking fresh.
Overall, I was very disappointed with my hotel experience. Chances are I will not return to this hotel after such a disappointing stay.

Bad

I was staying in room 307 at the Hampton Inn. Throughout the night I heard loud noises I called the front desk they said they resolve the problem but I continue to hear nosiness and when I left out to go down stairs I smell this very bad odor that smell like drugs I also told the desk clerk if was not nothing the clerk can do for me . This my business trip and I decided to stay here i couldn't get what I wanted down because of to many interruptions. I'm very unsatisfactory. I Was Not Happy With My Stay!

Poor

ON 12/18/14 I made a reservation for my wife and my two children because I went to a surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery unfortunately I need to stay in it for a couple of more days, my wife spoke to the person on the front desk an told her she need a extra night stay in it, the person on the front desk said it is ok by you need to change the room for tomorrow night (12/19/14) my wife said will be ok to change the room, next evening 12/19/14 she came around 8 pm with my two children and the person in the front desk and the manager (Nelson) told her we don't have any rooms for you and here is your luggage that my wife left because they told her after they clean the room they will bring it up. How is possible to do this things to a lady with two small children at that time and with out any help from the persons of your hotel.

I need and explanation why you people do that after they told her yes we do have a room and we will hold your luggage. I just write this now because my wife never told me about this problem until now because I was trying to recuperate from the two surgeries I had. I though Hampton Inn treated everyone well especially clients like me and my company who is you very frequently. My Hilton HHonnors #913546575 please let me know if I need to cancel it and change my staff and my self for a different hotel who treat us better.

Bad

My Company spends allot of money with Hampton all over the world. We have a range of 200 to 1000 employee's monthly staying a various hotels. I do not want to give my full name but I am still a Guest here and will be looking for a different hotel as soon as I can. Here is my complaint. Since when do your staff have the right to call me on my personal phone to get my information? I am a married woman for 15 years 4 great kids and a husband I adore. You have a new guy I have never seen before, I believe his name is Anthony ("or by him I can call him Tony") I get several calls asking me if I need anything? This should be done on he room phone not my personal phone that I give to your hotel. When I was checking into the hotel, I felt very uncomfortable doing so when he was standing there. He wear's these dark glasses and I can not see his eye's, so I can imagine what it is he is looking at. I am full figured woman and his comments are really starting to offend me.

I got a call from him this evening and wanted to know if "I am lonely" would I like to go have a late dinner with him when he get's off work. I explained to him that I was married, and happy, he said to me on my phone" well I am dating someone too, but what they don't know won't hurt them, ("Meaning my husband and his whatever". I am not really happy with his service and i do not think this guy should be allowed to work for such a awesome company such as your's. Again I am afraid to give you my full name because as long as he works here at this hotel I am afraid a repercussion will happen to either my vehicle parked in your lot or while I am sleeping in my room I have to put the saddle lock on because I am afraid he can walk in on me when I am in the shower, or even sleeping. This is not what your customer's want to go through at your hotel.

Since 45% of my Employer is Women who travel most we expect to feel safe, not like some guy wants to try something on us. I am not into Employer's firing people. But this guy needs to go. I looked at our records and the multi billion dollar company I work for has spent in the last two months alone was over 26,000.00 through out the US. I do not want to get this with the Law involved because some of our women who comes to this exact location will get hurt some how. You have a live ticking time bomb here, and who is to say that this man can hurt one of us and nobody will know. Would you want to stay at this hotel? If this matter does not get taken care of I will have no choice but to get a lawyer and start a Lawsuit against Hampton Inn for Sexual Harassment and stalking.

My company will support us in our decision. I advised my company about this and they suggested writing you instead first to know my discomfort. I just now got a text from your Employee the same Employee just now as I was writing this this time the text read. It's 11:30 and I am off work now, I am able to stick around and come to your room to give you a back rub if you want, you looked tired. I know with my style I can make you feel all good inside by the time I leave." What do you think text me back and i will wait here for you, all you have to do is look out your window and that will tell me you agree on it." I am going to bring this to my Company and see if they want us to cancel all rooms and go to a different hotel. I am telling you this, this man will be a liability to Hampton if he remains Employed Here.

Poor

I was wrongful terminated for harassment and retaliation and discrimination against me. I went to the management and GM they told me basically its her way or the door. I must do what she says and have no respond to how she talks to people.

Bad

Not as clean as most Hampton Inns are;but the really big negative,was no hot coffee..was barely warm in the carafe.I love the oatmeal,but the consistency was not good.Actually the whole room was not so clean. When you tell an employee about it,all they did was say oh,sorry. I love staying in Hampton Inns..in fact this is service as it should be. We are in The Hampton Inn in Ocala, Florida. Nice Staff. Thanks, do not like to complain, but; for the sake of others I have.

Bad

I made reservation to stay at the hampton Inn in Manhattan, kansas two weeks ago for my businees trip for the federal government. Upon arriving to my businees that I was investigating I found a Marriot right across the street from the company. Having to work their two days and long hours I went to the Marriot and asked them of room availability, and they had one available. I asked the clerk to give me the phone njumber of the Hampton Inn in Manhattan, Kansas so I could try to cancel. I received the phone number from the clerk and called the HJampton Inn in Manhattan. I was advised by the desk clerk that the hotel was not sold out and that I would be charged since I did not give a 24 hour notification. The clerk also told me to call back because if the hampton could sell my ropom I would not be charged. JUpon completing my appointment for the day I returned to the Marriot and inquired again about a room for the evening . The clerk (a new person) said one was available, and I again asked for the Hampton Inn's phone number in Manhattan, Kansas. the clerk from the Marriot gave me a phone number and I called waht I thought was the hampton Inn in Manhattan, kansas. a clerk answered the phone and I advised her that I had made reservations and wanted to cancel if my room could be sold. The clerk stated that she could not find my name in the log book, and she further stated that because she couldn't find my name that the reservation must have been cancelled. So at that time I accepted a room at the Marriot Hotel. After dinner that evening I called agaion to the Hampton Inn and found out that my reservations had not been cancelled and that the clerk at the Marriot had given me the wrong number, and that the number she gave me was for the local Hamption in Junction City, Kansas. the clerk that told me my reservations were cancelled was Ashley. Now I am stuck with two hotel bills for the same nite, and it looks like I tried to commit fraud to the federal government, as my government credit card shows two hotel bills for the same nite. I asked the manager for the Hampton Inn in Manhattan that since I was being charged could I stay at the hotel th e

Bad

I made a previous complaint...had no idea it would be posted actually thought it was going to the complaint department. Also, thought I deleted it due to numerous typos. But, the fact still remains that it was the worst experience ever.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Linda CI on 09/02/2013 at IP address 174.236.192.29 using our Hampton inn Henderson NC complaint form. This opinions contained in this Hampton inn Henderson NC customer review titled, "Bedbugs!!!" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Bad

recently stayed at hampton inn in spring hill fl. the manager charged my card 200.00 extra for smoking in room. This did not happen. After several attempts to contact and discuss this with managment a week plus and haven't been able to reach them. I did not smoke in the room. The security cameras can be looked at and will show me smoking outside near my car everytime. It was fridaythe 25th and saturday morning the 26th. The cameras will show me smoking next to a silver mercedes. If they say they smell smoke it was probably my clothes. My travel partner brought this to my attention. I will not let this go away. 513-623-2159

Horrible

After traveling over 7 hours with three small children on our first vacation in 10 years, (the best I could manage was 2 days off) we arrived at the Hampton Inn in Arcata CA with which we had made reservations 4 months ahead of time, only to be told that our room had been given away 45 minutes prior because there was something wrong with the card number in their file. They called our home, obviously to no answer due to fact that it was 400 miles away and we were driving.

By now I have a wife and three kids crying in the car with nowhere to go and the only thing offered is the number to some no name roach motel. The only reason we were going to stay there was because they have been decent in the past. It is a full hour away from anything we had planned on doing on our short visit. They haven't offered to do anything to make it right. The 10 year old looking desk jockey had the power and authority to ruin our weekend but none whatsoever when it came to saving it. I'll definitely not use a Hampton owned business again if this is their policy towards customers and families.

Poor

We are an honor member and we have stayed at several of your other chains of hotels including the Hampton Inn. Are experience has always been pleasant and rooms in the past have always been neat and clean. In our most recent stay at the Camarillo, California Hampton Inn our visit was not pleasurable. The Hotel is under construction the whole first floor was stripped of all furniture and construction workers were in most of the rooms hanging wall paper. This is the way we had to enter the building to get to our room on the 3rd floor. The hotel is in dire need of a renovation and should not be open to the public during the renovation. The comforter in the room looked like it had been washed repeatly and the was extremely lumpy the bed was hard and uncomfortable. Had we known the condition of this hotel we would havc selected another hotel in the area but we have always had such a nice experience in the past. The cost of the room was $143.60 plus another $25.00 our confirmation number is 85089388 we would really appreciate being reimbursed for the the expenses incurred... Regards Ronald & Cynthia Di Domizio

Poor

When I checked in on the 23 of jan. the lady at the front desk was very nice. When I got to the room on the
5 th floor thought that was nice. In the room there was no safe. I have iPad cash other valuables I wanted
To put in the safe while at the mecum action.the wi fi only works in half of the room not at the desk.

First night was fine but second day when back to the room from dinner the key did not work. Went down and
The girl ran it through the machine and I went back up. Still not working. Noticed the phone by the elevator
So tried to call down to the front desk but no answer so back down again. Girl said I will call matinance I went
Back up but no one. Getting frustrated so called again and this time she answered and said the same thing...
He will be up. Finally he got the door opened.

The Inn that we used is, Hampton Inn and Suites