Hampton Inn

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Hampton Inn

Posted by Complaints Department on Feb 16, 2015
Customer Rating

We booked 2 rooms for arrival 02/28/13-departing 03/02/13, one for my wife and I another a friend (who paid for there 1 room ) while were to pay for the other (1) room. when we received our cred card statement we found that we were charged for 2 extra days that we were not there for, to the amount of 268.94. We have left a number of messages to a Kimberly Newsome who we were told by calling the number 912-721-3700 that she was part of the H.R. and accounting department , the phone number that we were given is 912-721-51711, our calls were NEVER returned, and requesting to talk with the hotel manager it seems they were always in a meeting and also to busy to return our calls. We find this type of service to paying customers very unsatisfactory, discourteous , and unprofessional and will never recommend or use Hampton Inn and Suites again.

The Inn that we used is, Hampton Inn and Suites
20 Johnston St.
Savanna Ga. 31405

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Hampton Inn provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Hampton Inn?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5
1.95 out of 5 Stars
39 Consumer Reviews

Hampton Inn
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Hampton Inn. What is their corporate mailing address?

I want to call the Hampton Inn customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

I need to visit the Hampton Inn company website. What is their website address?

More Hampton Inn Complaints

Customer Rating

I made an advanced reservation at Hampton Inn. On the day of arrival a snow storm had closed the major interstate highway (I-80) forcing me to cancel my reservation. I asked for a refund and was told "no refunds". I tried to explain that due to conditions beyond my control (snow storm), I had to cancel my reservation and requested a refund. The "advanced reservation" department was extremely rude, unhelpful and could care less about my situation. I asked if the $158 dollars could be used towards a future reservation at Hampton Inn. I was told "no, that's not possible". I am out $158 dollars. I will never stay at Hampton Inn. I am going to recommend that that no one from my place of employment (1,500 employees) ever stay at Hampton Inn as well.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

We had 2 rooms booked with Hampton Inn Jan.11th, 2012 at Hampton Inn in Savannah, Ga.confirmation no. 111125481380. Our guests cancelled on us Jan. 4th..We called the hotel to try to cancel that one room and was told we could not because we had booked online..so my husband understood that situation and asked to change that room for Sat. night so we could show our two granddaughters around Savannah the next day, as we were their on business for the Fruit and Vegetable Conference at the convention center...we were told that they could not do that, the company we booked with was unwilling to do this for us and Hampton Inn in Savannah was unwilling..my question is....

Why could we not have stayed another night...Hampton Inn was paid for the Friday night regardless of who we booked with & the room was NOT used..I don't understand why the room was not interchangeable for the next night, if they had a vacant room...please explain..We stayed at this hotel last year during the conference and were pleased but this experience has been difficult to understand...

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

Check in hampton alexandria old town south virginia the room had stink begs in room call ed front desk they send up a guy to spraay during the night I had to get up and kill some of the bugs too late to move to another room plus driving all day I exped the general manager to call. Its 4 days pass no reply

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

Not as clean as most Hampton Inns are;but the really big negative,was no hot coffee..was barely warm in the carafe.I love the oatmeal,but the consistency was not good.Actually the whole room was not so clean. When you tell an employee about it,all they did was say oh,sorry. I love staying in Hampton Inns..in fact this is service as it should be. We are in The Hampton Inn in Ocala, Florida. Nice Staff. Thanks, do not like to complain, but; for the sake of others I have.

Customer Rating

I had trouble with internet and your workers made me feel I was putting them out by asking for assistance. I ended up using my phone hot spot to transfer info to my main office. Then I noticed these employees used all the disability parking spaces for their personal veichles. My stay was last tu through fri at Pueblo, Colorado North Hampton Inn. My comments is not intended to receive anything from the Inn. dMy intent is to make a better stay for others.

Customer Rating

I made an online reservation at the Beaufort, SC Hampton Inn for September 26th which was not honored upon my arrival. This reservation was one of twenty online reservations I made for a bicycle trip I did with a friend which took us from NJ to Florida. Along the way, where it was possible I stayed at Hampton Inns (totalling seven). I mention this for two reasons...first, to make it known that Hampton Inns are my hotel of choice and second, to make it known that I know exactly how to make a reservation.

It should be noted at this time that I had special circumstances which caused me to not only use the online tools but also caused me to contact the hotel's desk at the same time I made the reservation. The reason for this occurred because of the bicycle trip. My friend and I did this trip largely unsupported but there was a time frame between 9/21 and 9/28 where we were accompanied by a third person. The very first reservation I made went like this...I found a suitable hotel in route. Before completing the process online I contacted the hotel's desk and asked the following questions. I asked if it was possible to put a rollaway bed in the room and what the cost would be? When I was satisfied with the answer I asked the desk person how do I make this special request online? She said you can't, but go ahead and complete the process and then call me back with your confirmation number.

It was a simple and practical approach to ensure that both the hotel and myself were on the same page. Therefore, I used the same process for the entire duration that a third person was in play. I also put the request in the comment section as an added reminder. Each desk person told me they would make the entry in their comment file as well and added that the rollaway bed would placed in the room prior to our arrival. That is exactly what occurred in each instance until we arrived at the Beaufort, SC Hampton Inn.

After pedaling from Charleston, SC we arrived and were told they could not accomodate this request. I said, "how can you not accomodate us when it was agreed upon weeks earlier"? A Ms. Brittingham informed me that it was impossible that any such agreement could have been made as no one there would have allowed that arrangement to be made. She added that Fire codes do not permit a rollaway bed to be placed in their rooms. I asked why I would be told to go ahead and make the resevation and why would they make the notes in their system and tell me that it was something they could accomodate? Her response was that I never made any such phone call stopping just short of telling me I was lying. When I pushed the issue about making contact with the desk she then informed me that her records indicated no call was ever received from my telephone number and that I must be mistaken.Ironically enough I have an email confirmation from them acknowledging the request was made clearly evidencing they documented receiving it. I think it is Ms. Brittingham, nasty attitude and all that is mistaken. What she didn't know is that I am a Comcast Triple Play subscriber. Among the services they provide is telephone. The really great and unique thing about their phone service is their online record keeping regarding the phone calls I make and receive. It's funny that Ms. Brittingham emphatically denies that I ever made the call in question and that her records belie my assertions that I did when I have phone records proving that I did. I would be very happy to provide this documentation along with the email from them acknowledging receipt of my request.

At any rate, as this conversation was taking place it apparenlty was at the end of Ms. Brittingham's shift and she departed leaving me and my group and the young lady at the desk in an unresolved situation. I then pressed the new desk person for answers and help. I informed her that only a couple days earlier we had the very same resevation at the Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn and the said nothing about Fire Codes. She said look I cannot do it Ms. Brittingham told me very clearly that I was not permitted to help you. Now this left us and the this young lady in a very vulnerable position. I believe she wanted to help us but her job would be in jeopardy if she did. We, on the other hand were told we had no room after pedaling more than 70 miles from Charleston.

Fortunately, although this young lady was not permitted to help us at the Hampton Inn she nevertheless went above and beyond by calling around to the Fairfield Inn and eventually got us a room at the Holiday Inn. I was very upset to say the least and until I calmed down I have to tell you it brought into question any future loyalty I may show toward Hampton Inn. I just couldn't believe I could have a confirmation number and documentation supporting my assertions that I agreed upon accomodations and yet an employee could disregard all that and essentially call me a liar. Furthermore,I just couldn't believe the Corporation offers no avenue for recourse. It was like sorry buddy it's your problem not ours. If that is your policy please let me know, but if it's not I would like to know how you can fix this.

Customer Rating

The gentlemen who was working the front desk, David, was the most unfriendly worker I have ever met at a Hampton Inn. He did not seem to be very good at his costumer service, and seemed to 'huff and puff' at any question I had for him. I felt like I was putting him out just with simple questions. It looked as though he was making 'key cards' when we arrived, and he didn't acknowledge us for a few moments, and when we did it seemed like we were a bother. Then later I asked if we could get a childs crib/playpen brought to our room, and he just said very abruptly, "well I'll have to go see if we have one available" and just walked away, then a minute later he came back through the lobby, and I asked if I should wait, or go to the room, to which he said, 'no just go back to your room, if I find one, I'll bring it" again very abruptly..., it just didn't seem appropriate. Then the last thing was in the evening I brought my son downstairs to get a little cup of hot chocolate before bed, and as I was looking to see if they had hot water I only saw coffee, so I turned around and asked David if there was any hot water. He did not even look up at me.., a few seconds went past and then he just walked away..., this was bothersome to me, and I thought maybe for a minute that he possibly didn't hear me, but then he re-appeared with a container of hot water, walked up by us and set it down next to the coffee rather abruptly, again without saying anything, then went back to his desk.
I don't feel like I was being overly needy, and I don't feel like the things I was asking him should have bothered him that much. I stay at Hampton Inn's almost anytime I travel and I must say that I love all of my experiences, but this one really set me back. Not to mention that it was on Valentines Day, and I was hoping to have a romantic evening with my wife, and then to be met with this gentleman and his attitude kind of ruined the night. We used our Hilton Honors points to set up this free stay, but I must say that everything was pretty well ruined by this experience, and I would like to have some free vouchers or something to stay another night at another Hampton Inn. I know Hampton Inn has their 100% Guarentee, and I would normally never ask for this (and I never have had to ask for this,) but I feel like this time warrents asking for some type of refund. And I think someone should definitely talk with David at the Richmond Southwest Virginia Hull Street Hampton Inn about his Customer Service Skills.
My email is: robbsmack@gmail.com
My Phone Number is: (804) 304-5915

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Customer Rating

On 9/12/12 I went to the Hampton Inn on Apalachee Parkway in Tallahassee Florida to check the availability of a room for one night. The desk clerk said he had plenty of rooms & asked for my name. I told him it was for my boss Don Scozzari. He went to write his name down & I asked would a credit card hold his room? And if he doesn't show will there be charges. The clerk said no, we will only charge you if he checks in. I told the clerk that Mr. Scozzari has his own Company Credit Card & it should be billed to his card only. That night after our meeting, Mr Scozzari decided to travel back to Albany so he could be in Athens the next day. On friday 9/28/12 I get my statement & there is a two night charge on my card for $111.38. I called the local hotel & was transfered to Ashley's voice mail. I left a message for her to call me about a charge on my credit card. She did not call me back. On 10/01/12 I went to the same local hotel to discuss this with a manager & was again met with the same desk clerk who told me there would be NO CHARGES unless he checked in. First, he could not locate in their system anything with my name or Mr. Scozzari. He asked if I could get my credit card statement? I said yes, give me 30 mins while I go back to my office to retrieve. Opon returning, I show the clerk my statement, he finally found where it was charged, went back to talk to the GUEST SERVICES MANAGER. She told him to go back out there and deny the refund. These people are a disgrace to company. I have been lied to, ignored & have wasted my time on something that should not have happened. After this email is sent, I will be going to the Better Business Bureau to file a formal complaint . I was told there would be NO CHARGES. All of this has so far taken 3 hours of my time.

Thank you.

Mike Ekberg
850 251-0068 cell

Customer Rating

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Chesterfield, Michigan on New Year’s Eve and had a little bit of an unpleasant stay. The guests on our floor were rude and being loud all night – I realized that it was New Years Eve but at 3:30 in the morning, it was time for bed. The hotel staff did nothing to rectify this issue. Finally and more unbelievable to me was the fact that the next day, I found two different credit card charges totaling $50 on my credit card.

When I called the hotel, they basically informed me that this was for “incidentals” and were rather rude about it and said the charges would drop off in 2 days. When I checked in, the staff told me they needed a credit card for “incidentals” and did not inform me that my card would be charged $50. I would assume that meant in case I destroyed something, then I would have been charged.

This is something that really should be disclosed at the time you check in and obviously people are going to call about it after the fact. I don’t think the staff should be rude either when you do call. Its your or their policy not mine. Needless to say, I got probably 3 hours of sleep because of all the commotion.

Customer Rating

Friday, 9 November 2012 I made a requested at the front desk for a room for one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites Vanderbuilt Ellliston Place, 2330 Elliston Place, Nashville TN 37203. I was informed that all rooms accept for an 1 handicap room had been sold out. I expressed that I would prefer the room at a discount military AAPR or AAA rate. I was informed that no discount rates were avaliable. My first complaint is how is your business appreciating the veterans especially on VETERANS DAY weekend at your place of businesses as advertise, "the best available preferable discount rates."

The second compaint is, my preference was to pay $320 cash upon check-out. I did receive a receipt for payment of the room under the door of my room. However, I did not receive a receipt for the cash payment nor were these charges immediately refunded to my debit card. After returning home I reviewed my debit card account and noted that a $320 outstanding room charge. I called the front desk of the request why my debit card payment had not been refunded. I am recently retired after 28 years of service in USAF. This is totally unacceptable for amultiple star HOTEL/INN.C

Customer Rating

I work for FEMA and when I checked in to Hampton Inn 10-20-11 located Hershey, PA. I gave the desk clerk a tax exempt form for the state of Pennsylvania, The next morning when I checked out I notce that the taxes had not been removed from my check out receipt. I asked the desk clerk, could she look for the form that were submitted for tax exemption, which she did, but stated that she could not remove the tax, because her Manager was not there. She than made a call to her manager; and were told that she could only remove the County room tax but not the state tax.

I informed the clerk that I need 0 balance with the correct pricing on the receipt, which she said that she could not provide.The clerk wanted me to leave with a inconplete receipt and stated that her manager would e mail me if correction needed to be made. I finally decided that i would pay for the taxes and went to turn my key in. That manager just walked in and did give me my 0 balance. This was very stressful in a stressful situation because no one was availble that was knowlegable of dealing with matters like this. I have always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inn, but this is far the worse encounter that I have experience at any Hotel.

Customer Rating

I was planning a surprise night for my fiance's 24th birthday & i thought the Hampton would be a wonderful spot because it was so beautiful , i was wrong !
Before i booked my room , i asked them directly " do i need a credit card to book a room " they replied " no " so i booked " 1 king suit whirlpool " a week later i get a call from The Hampton Inn saying " you can not book this room because you need a credit card for this type of room " so i had to change my plans because i didnt want to use my fiance card because its a surprise . so i got a " king studio suit "

When i booked in on 12/31/12 , they asked me when i wanted my romance package set up , i said 6:30 because i have dinner plans for 6:00 & i would like it to be there for when my fiance & I come back .

when we got back at 8:00 , i had him blind folded to see the surprise , when i got to the room , NOTHING was set up ! it was very upsetting , because i wanted it done for him at 6:30 . i then called down to the front desk & she seemed very ungrateful , " yeah it will be right up " she said to me ! 30 MINUTES later a woman comes to my room and hands me champagne & it was SO WARM when i opened it , i had to put the champagne in EVERY glass i could fine & put it into my mini fridge .

Had to wait at least and hour before i could start my night . Then children were running all around the halls screaming which i did no mind because it was only 10:00 , but as the night went on i could not sleep & called down & they said they'd get right on that but did not !

I then rented a movie on the television , & the end got cut off because the fire alarms went off because people were smoking in the hall way on floor 4 ! ( i thought they had secretory for that reason ? ) , so we had to wait outside for about 30 minutes to 1 hour & now my fiance is sick !

Also before i booked the romance package a woman told me included was champagne , chocolates & flowers . i NEVER did receive flowers . Before i checked out there is a plaque saying if im not 100 % satisfied with my stay i dont pay , well i told her and she held out her hand as if to say pay and leave .

Every thing that went wrong caused my surprise to my fiance to FAIL & make my night miserable & everything went wrong on the Hampton Inn's part .
1) they did not set my room up for 6:30n like i ASKED it was done at 8;30 with WARM champagne
2) they were rude and unwelcoming
3) i got false information on the package i purchased
4) i did not finish my movie i BOUGHT because alarms went off for smoking in the building
5) i did not sleep at all because of loud children in the halls ( which i complained about )
6 ) when i checked out they did not care about my satisfaction , they wanted my money and wanted us gone.

I paid a total of : 220.33$ & i do have my receipt & i do want my money back because it said on the plaque on the door , " if your not 100% satisfied you dont pay " well i was not & when i was there they did not follow that rule & did not care . I would not come back again , & i do NOT recommend ANYONE to go .

The Hampton Inn i went to was in Moncton , NB the address is
700 Mapleton Road , Moncton , NB , E1G 0L7
Phone # : 506-855-4819 Fax # : 506-855-8702

Customer Rating

I by mistake booked a advance reservation online. The day before we were traveling I realized after a call to the hotel I had made the reservation on the wrong date. Don't know how this happened but it did. The hotel had a room on the night we needed it but would not let me change the reservation to that date. I have talked to numerous people and it is the same run around, they frankly could care less about my problem, offer no solution, no help and I am out of $108.00 that I did not have to lose. I have never been treated so badly by any company, the unconcern is unbelievable. I will never ever stay at a Hampton Inn and will advise anyone I can to never stay with this chain of hotels.

They don't care about their customers!

Customer Rating

We checked into the Hampton inn in Newberry, SC. We were so disappointed! First no MSNBC on the tv. Then we could not access the Internet on our own iPad or the hotels computer. That happens sometimes we were told. Going into the bathroom we noticed mold around the bathtub and the last straw was when my husband killed a big roach in the bathroom ! The desk clerk made no apologies and we left! We have always been happy with Hampton Inn and look for them as we travel. We were very unhappy with this one and will look elsewhere in the future.

Linda Roberts

Customer Rating

I stayed at the Alexandria VA Hampton Inn (1616 King St) from 3/27/13 to 3/30/13. Upon checking in a person who appeared to be homeless was sleeping in the lobby. Each morning people came off the street, put breakfast items in their pockets and left. One morning I went into the unlocked lobby restroom and a man was in there washing. Another time a barefooted man came in to raid the breakfast bar. When I complained to the desk clerk she wouldn't do anything about these people and seemed not to be concerned. At $250 per night I expect more security and don't want non guests hanging around the breakfast bar and lobby. I have never experienced this in over 40 years of staying in hotels.

Customer Rating

We were extremely disappointed with our stay at the Hampton Inn at Tarpons Inn, Florida. We had to ask to change our first room because of the smell of cigarette smoke in the room. The staff was very accommodating and changed our room. We were not happy with our second room because it was 1) dirty; 2) wall paper was peeling off the wall; 3) coffee machine dirty; 4) upholstery on the chair was stained and dirty; 5) mold on the ice machine; 6) broken tile; 7) no hot water at lavatory sink; 8) disable bar was broken; and 9) bad lighting in bathroom. I took pictures evidencing the aforementioned conditions. I am a Hilton Honors Award member and never stayed at a Hampton Inn where I encountered these conditions. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Customer Rating

Checked in and out within hours due to bedbugs in room. I was told by the clerk that there were no other rooms available so if I choose not to stay they couldn't help me. I was truly out done, who wants to choose to stay in a room with bedbugs. It was explained to me that i would not be charged money woukd gi back on my card in about five days. i stated i understand what you are saying but coukd you pkease give me something in writing staring i wont be charged. she said she couldnt provide me we such. i told her tgat im traveling from out of town and do t want ti fet hone and never see my money and have no proof but a picture of the bugs. Another toung lady started her shift and helped with tge matter...but still didt want to document no charge. i had to literally act loke a fool and threaten to knock on every doir and inform tgem of bedbugs in tge facility. Then she made the notation, after to long if going backwards and forward. So, being without hotel money to stay anywhere else if i wanted to...i had to travel back home to baltimore from nc. I was out raged ...I was told the manager couldn't be reached over tge weekend. Not only do I want my money back, but want a complimentary stay at a location where I feel comfortable. I can be reached at 443-243-8560

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Linda Clark-Ihekuna on 09/01/2013 at IP address 174.227.198.156 using our Hampton Inn Henderson NC complaint form. This opinions contained in this Hampton Inn Henderson NC customer review titled, "Bedbugs!!!!" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I made reservation to stay at the hampton Inn in Manhattan, kansas two weeks ago for my businees trip for the federal government. Upon arriving to my businees that I was investigating I found a Marriot right across the street from the company. Having to work their two days and long hours I went to the Marriot and asked them of room availability, and they had one available. I asked the clerk to give me the phone njumber of the Hampton Inn in Manhattan, Kansas so I could try to cancel. I received the phone number from the clerk and called the HJampton Inn in Manhattan. I was advised by the desk clerk that the hotel was not sold out and that I would be charged since I did not give a 24 hour notification. The clerk also told me to call back because if the hampton could sell my ropom I would not be charged. JUpon completing my appointment for the day I returned to the Marriot and inquired again about a room for the evening . The clerk (a new person) said one was available, and I again asked for the Hampton Inn's phone number in Manhattan, Kansas. the clerk from the Marriot gave me a phone number and I called waht I thought was the hampton Inn in Manhattan, kansas. a clerk answered the phone and I advised her that I had made reservations and wanted to cancel if my room could be sold. The clerk stated that she could not find my name in the log book, and she further stated that because she couldn't find my name that the reservation must have been cancelled. So at that time I accepted a room at the Marriot Hotel. After dinner that evening I called agaion to the Hampton Inn and found out that my reservations had not been cancelled and that the clerk at the Marriot had given me the wrong number, and that the number she gave me was for the local Hamption in Junction City, Kansas. the clerk that told me my reservations were cancelled was Ashley. Now I am stuck with two hotel bills for the same nite, and it looks like I tried to commit fraud to the federal government, as my government credit card shows two hotel bills for the same nite. I asked the manager for the Hampton Inn in Manhattan that since I was being charged could I stay at the hotel th e

Customer Rating

I made a previous complaint...had no idea it would be posted actually thought it was going to the complaint department. Also, thought I deleted it due to numerous typos. But, the fact still remains that it was the worst experience ever.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Linda CI on 09/02/2013 at IP address 174.236.192.29 using our Hampton inn Henderson NC complaint form. This opinions contained in this Hampton inn Henderson NC customer review titled, "Bedbugs!!!" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

recently stayed at hampton inn in spring hill fl. the manager charged my card 200.00 extra for smoking in room. This did not happen. After several attempts to contact and discuss this with managment a week plus and haven't been able to reach them. I did not smoke in the room. The security cameras can be looked at and will show me smoking outside near my car everytime. It was fridaythe 25th and saturday morning the 26th. The cameras will show me smoking next to a silver mercedes. If they say they smell smoke it was probably my clothes. My travel partner brought this to my attention. I will not let this go away. 513-623-2159

Companies Like Hampton Inn