Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Feb 16, 2015
Bad

We booked 2 rooms for arrival 02/28/13-departing 03/02/13, one for my wife and I another a friend (who paid for there 1 room ) while were to pay for the other (1) room. when we received our cred card statement we found that we were charged for 2 extra days that we were not there for, to the amount of 268.94. We have left a number of messages to a Kimberly Newsome who we were told by calling the number 912-721-3700 that she was part of the H.R. and accounting department , the phone number that we were given is 912-721-51711, our calls were NEVER returned, and requesting to talk with the hotel manager it seems they were always in a meeting and also to busy to return our calls. We find this type of service to paying customers very unsatisfactory, discourteous , and unprofessional and will never recommend or use Hampton Inn and Suites again. The Inn that we used is, Hampton Inn and Suites 20 Johnston St. Savanna Ga. 31405

Have you had problems with Hampton Inn?

Compare Hampton Inn to Similar Hotels more...

Top 51 Reviews about Hampton Inn

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Hampton Inn customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Hotel website misrepresented a twin size "sofa" (really a love seat) sleeper as a full bed. My two children didn't fit. We asked for a rollaway and were told it was a fire hazard. Service desk rep was unapologetic as was the manager the next day. She said it was a full by hotel standards. I have a twin mattress in my home, I know what it looks like. Your standards must be pretty low.

Would not offer alternate accommodations since we booked through Seaworld. It doesn't matter where we booked, do you stand by your reputation or not? Seems to me that you don't like families with children. Or people who are not petite.

Bad

I mistakenly booked a reservation at the Idaho Falls Hampton on 5/6/15 on the opposite side of town. I requested that my reservation be switched to the Hampton at which I'd intended. The manager at the Lindsay Blvd location refused my request, despite neither hotel being near capacity, citing the 24-hour cancellation policy. Refusing a transfer between Hampton properties seems a very petty stance to take against a long-time, consistent customer. You secured my stay this evening. I'll think twice before booking with you in the future and will certainly avoid the Lindsay location.

Poor

I booked a room online in Carmel, IN for 4/1715. The reason for my stay was a Scholarship Award dinner for my daughter at Butler University. Upon arrival, I learned that I could ask the the "Butler Rate." The "Butler Rate" was $60 less than the rate I was charged but was told she "could not change my rate because of the way I booked." How would anyone know that in order to get the "Butler Rate" that they were to book any other way than online. There were other people standing in line who were able to change their rate once they asked them for the "Butler Rate." The young lady who assisted me said she could not change my rate. I was completely surprised because I usually stay at Hampton Inns and have always had wonderful customer service and the accomodations have been great. If this isn't corrected, I doubt that I will go out of my way to stay at Hampton Inns in the future. I am a Hilton Honors member and always choose to stay at your places. I was very disappointed with that should couldn't be more helpful. If one group gets the "Butler Rate," why shouldn't everyone? I hope to receive a reply.

Bad

I was overcharged a $100 for a 1 week stay at the aforesaid LI hotel. A 209.24 credit provided its manager Bruce for 2 unsatisfactory days when there was no housekeeping services provided was not given. Efforts to resolve the matter with its manager Bruce were futile. I made a AAA reservation listed under the Hampton Inn website and received a special additional discount for paying-in-full in advance for a non-refundable, non cancellable reservation. The entire cost would be forfeited if we arrived late and no credit if checked-out early. The reservation did not reflect the standard 10% discounts of AAA, AARP, Seniors, Military, Honors or 5% retired PO.

In NC I receive the AAA and retired po courtesies. Bruce provided an official receipt documenting the $100 discrepancy and Suzanne wrote on a sheet of paper the amount due for 2 day credit and the confirmation # which would appear from its AAA travel agent. Bruce was refusing to accept accountability claiming AAA got the money. He called spoke to his agent and handed the phone to me The correct price on the bill documents I was overcharged by its AAA agent who is in effect stealing from both of us. The bottom line is Hampton Inn allows AAA travel to represent it and as such is responsible for its deficiencies. and mis feasances. "You have to get the money from the other guy" is a response often used by collaborators Last sentence on my receipt states I may have to present our membership card to get the AAA discount.

Bad

We stayed there on Saturday night, April 11, 2015. We were woken up by a fire alarm going off at 3:40am. When came to our senses and realize that it was actual an fire alarm. Our room was on the top floor (4th) and we were confused and not sure whether it was a real thing or prank or exercise being done. Finally after about 5-6 minutes or so someone came by and told us that the front desk said for us to actual an alarm and to evacuate the building. My concern was why there was not a better way to let folks know for sure what's going on. (maybe a recording on the phone to tell that is real fire and to get out or over the intercom system or something to help. I would think your hotel would have a better way to confirm that we needed to get out of there. Believe the alarm was sounding but we did not smell anything so it was hard to believe that a fire was going on. We were told by others in the parking lot that there was a small fire or something going on the first floor. The hotel did not even say they were sorry for the interruption when we checked out the next day. I know the folks that morning was not the ones there when this happen but they should of at least acknowledge that we had been erupted during the night by the fire alarm. Given us a slight discount for our stay or say they sorry that it happen. We heard it was a kitchen fire. A note under the door would of been nice the next morning when we got up explaining what happen. Oh, I just had another thoughy, they want to know how many are staying when you check in but no came around from the hotel to verify that everyone had gotten out safely. I hope this never happens again. We have always prefer to stay at Hampton but maybe you need to implement a better way to let you customers know when a fire is in the building along with the fire alarm.

Poor

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Atlanta - Canton on 4/7/2015 and 4/8/2017 in room 310. We missed an appointment on Wednesday morning because we left a wake up call for 7:00am and did not receive one!!!!!!! Thought that this should be noted as a complaint so this can be corrected by the staff and it will not happen to someone else in the future. This missed wake up call, not only had my husband and I miss a critical appointment, but it also cost us money. If you are going to offer a service like wake up calls, then do the service! I've learned my mistake and will set many alarms in the future, not depending on the thoughtless people of Hampton Inn

Horrible

On 2-13-15 my wife and i checked in at the Haampton inn in Blytheville Ar.We paid 110.36 in CASH and took recpt.Had to leave our credit card for possible damage deposit,we told the girl do not swipe the card.We picked up our card am 2-15 and left no damage etc. im 80 yrs old wife about the same.We retruned home 2 wks. later to find a 119.36 bill on our credit card.After 6 calls e mail etc nothing.Our credit card was used with out out permission and someone kept our 110.36.Stay far away from there there a bunch of low down dirty cons,P.S. MOLLY the manager is a real peach lol to do business with.Molly i hope you read this you s--- b---

Bad

Upon arrival to this hotel, the front dear staff were sitting down on the chairs in the lobby. No proper greeting or friendly smiles. First impression was a disappointment. If that wasn't bad enough, the front desk person was confused and couldn't decide which room to assign to us. No usual offering of snacks such as cookies and/or popped corn. Upon entry into our room I was immediately disappointed in the appearance all old furniture. Given the coat of this room, I would expect these rooms be updated. The maintenance people Trevor, imparticular, was very helpful as there were a couple of issues the toilet wouldn't flush and the thermometer was located on the wall and wasn't controlled on the heating unit itself (no one instructed). Also, the employees who helped with the breakfast were cheerful and had the breakfast items well stocked and looking fresh.
Overall, I was very disappointed with my hotel experience. Chances are I will not return to this hotel after such a disappointing stay.

Bad

I was staying in room 307 at the Hampton Inn. Throughout the night I heard loud noises I called the front desk they said they resolve the problem but I continue to hear nosiness and when I left out to go down stairs I smell this very bad odor that smell like drugs I also told the desk clerk if was not nothing the clerk can do for me . This my business trip and I decided to stay here i couldn't get what I wanted down because of to many interruptions. I'm very unsatisfactory. I Was Not Happy With My Stay!

Poor

ON 12/18/14 I made a reservation for my wife and my two children because I went to a surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery unfortunately I need to stay in it for a couple of more days, my wife spoke to the person on the front desk an told her she need a extra night stay in it, the person on the front desk said it is ok by you need to change the room for tomorrow night (12/19/14) my wife said will be ok to change the room, next evening 12/19/14 she came around 8 pm with my two children and the person in the front desk and the manager (Nelson) told her we don't have any rooms for you and here is your luggage that my wife left because they told her after they clean the room they will bring it up. How is possible to do this things to a lady with two small children at that time and with out any help from the persons of your hotel.

I need and explanation why you people do that after they told her yes we do have a room and we will hold your luggage. I just write this now because my wife never told me about this problem until now because I was trying to recuperate from the two surgeries I had. I though Hampton Inn treated everyone well especially clients like me and my company who is you very frequently. My Hilton HHonnors #913546575 please let me know if I need to cancel it and change my staff and my self for a different hotel who treat us better.

Bad

My Company spends allot of money with Hampton all over the world. We have a range of 200 to 1000 employee's monthly staying a various hotels. I do not want to give my full name but I am still a Guest here and will be looking for a different hotel as soon as I can. Here is my complaint. Since when do your staff have the right to call me on my personal phone to get my information? I am a married woman for 15 years 4 great kids and a husband I adore. You have a new guy I have never seen before, I believe his name is Anthony ("or by him I can call him Tony") I get several calls asking me if I need anything? This should be done on he room phone not my personal phone that I give to your hotel. When I was checking into the hotel, I felt very uncomfortable doing so when he was standing there. He wear's these dark glasses and I can not see his eye's, so I can imagine what it is he is looking at. I am full figured woman and his comments are really starting to offend me.

I got a call from him this evening and wanted to know if "I am lonely" would I like to go have a late dinner with him when he get's off work. I explained to him that I was married, and happy, he said to me on my phone" well I am dating someone too, but what they don't know won't hurt them, ("Meaning my husband and his whatever". I am not really happy with his service and i do not think this guy should be allowed to work for such a awesome company such as your's. Again I am afraid to give you my full name because as long as he works here at this hotel I am afraid a repercussion will happen to either my vehicle parked in your lot or while I am sleeping in my room I have to put the saddle lock on because I am afraid he can walk in on me when I am in the shower, or even sleeping. This is not what your customer's want to go through at your hotel.

Since 45% of my Employer is Women who travel most we expect to feel safe, not like some guy wants to try something on us. I am not into Employer's firing people. But this guy needs to go. I looked at our records and the multi billion dollar company I work for has spent in the last two months alone was over 26,000.00 through out the US. I do not want to get this with the Law involved because some of our women who comes to this exact location will get hurt some how. You have a live ticking time bomb here, and who is to say that this man can hurt one of us and nobody will know. Would you want to stay at this hotel? If this matter does not get taken care of I will have no choice but to get a lawyer and start a Lawsuit against Hampton Inn for Sexual Harassment and stalking.

My company will support us in our decision. I advised my company about this and they suggested writing you instead first to know my discomfort. I just now got a text from your Employee the same Employee just now as I was writing this this time the text read. It's 11:30 and I am off work now, I am able to stick around and come to your room to give you a back rub if you want, you looked tired. I know with my style I can make you feel all good inside by the time I leave." What do you think text me back and i will wait here for you, all you have to do is look out your window and that will tell me you agree on it." I am going to bring this to my Company and see if they want us to cancel all rooms and go to a different hotel. I am telling you this, this man will be a liability to Hampton if he remains Employed Here.

Poor

I was wrongful terminated for harassment and retaliation and discrimination against me. I went to the management and GM they told me basically its her way or the door. I must do what she says and have no respond to how she talks to people.

Bad

Not as clean as most Hampton Inns are;but the really big negative,was no hot coffee..was barely warm in the carafe.I love the oatmeal,but the consistency was not good.Actually the whole room was not so clean. When you tell an employee about it,all they did was say oh,sorry. I love staying in Hampton Inns..in fact this is service as it should be. We are in The Hampton Inn in Ocala, Florida. Nice Staff. Thanks, do not like to complain, but; for the sake of others I have.

Horrible

I had trouble with internet and your workers made me feel I was putting them out by asking for assistance. I ended up using my phone hot spot to transfer info to my main office. Then I noticed these employees used all the disability parking spaces for their personal veichles. My stay was last tu through fri at Pueblo, Colorado North Hampton Inn. My comments is not intended to receive anything from the Inn. dMy intent is to make a better stay for others.

Bad

I made an online reservation at the Beaufort, SC Hampton Inn for September 26th which was not honored upon my arrival. This reservation was one of twenty online reservations I made for a bicycle trip I did with a friend which took us from NJ to Florida. Along the way, where it was possible I stayed at Hampton Inns (totalling seven). I mention this for two reasons...first, to make it known that Hampton Inns are my hotel of choice and second, to make it known that I know exactly how to make a reservation.

It should be noted at this time that I had special circumstances which caused me to not only use the online tools but also caused me to contact the hotel's desk at the same time I made the reservation. The reason for this occurred because of the bicycle trip. My friend and I did this trip largely unsupported but there was a time frame between 9/21 and 9/28 where we were accompanied by a third person. The very first reservation I made went like this...I found a suitable hotel in route. Before completing the process online I contacted the hotel's desk and asked the following questions. I asked if it was possible to put a rollaway bed in the room and what the cost would be? When I was satisfied with the answer I asked the desk person how do I make this special request online? She said you can't, but go ahead and complete the process and then call me back with your confirmation number.

It was a simple and practical approach to ensure that both the hotel and myself were on the same page. Therefore, I used the same process for the entire duration that a third person was in play. I also put the request in the comment section as an added reminder. Each desk person told me they would make the entry in their comment file as well and added that the rollaway bed would placed in the room prior to our arrival. That is exactly what occurred in each instance until we arrived at the Beaufort, SC Hampton Inn.

After pedaling from Charleston, SC we arrived and were told they could not accomodate this request. I said, "how can you not accomodate us when it was agreed upon weeks earlier"? A Ms. Brittingham informed me that it was impossible that any such agreement could have been made as no one there would have allowed that arrangement to be made. She added that Fire codes do not permit a rollaway bed to be placed in their rooms. I asked why I would be told to go ahead and make the resevation and why would they make the notes in their system and tell me that it was something they could accomodate? Her response was that I never made any such phone call stopping just short of telling me I was lying. When I pushed the issue about making contact with the desk she then informed me that her records indicated no call was ever received from my telephone number and that I must be mistaken.Ironically enough I have an email confirmation from them acknowledging the request was made clearly evidencing they documented receiving it. I think it is Ms. Brittingham, nasty attitude and all that is mistaken. What she didn't know is that I am a Comcast Triple Play subscriber. Among the services they provide is telephone. The really great and unique thing about their phone service is their online record keeping regarding the phone calls I make and receive. It's funny that Ms. Brittingham emphatically denies that I ever made the call in question and that her records belie my assertions that I did when I have phone records proving that I did. I would be very happy to provide this documentation along with the email from them acknowledging receipt of my request.

At any rate, as this conversation was taking place it apparenlty was at the end of Ms. Brittingham's shift and she departed leaving me and my group and the young lady at the desk in an unresolved situation. I then pressed the new desk person for answers and help. I informed her that only a couple days earlier we had the very same resevation at the Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn and the said nothing about Fire Codes. She said look I cannot do it Ms. Brittingham told me very clearly that I was not permitted to help you. Now this left us and the this young lady in a very vulnerable position. I believe she wanted to help us but her job would be in jeopardy if she did. We, on the other hand were told we had no room after pedaling more than 70 miles from Charleston.

Fortunately, although this young lady was not permitted to help us at the Hampton Inn she nevertheless went above and beyond by calling around to the Fairfield Inn and eventually got us a room at the Holiday Inn. I was very upset to say the least and until I calmed down I have to tell you it brought into question any future loyalty I may show toward Hampton Inn. I just couldn't believe I could have a confirmation number and documentation supporting my assertions that I agreed upon accomodations and yet an employee could disregard all that and essentially call me a liar. Furthermore,I just couldn't believe the Corporation offers no avenue for recourse. It was like sorry buddy it's your problem not ours. If that is your policy please let me know, but if it's not I would like to know how you can fix this.

Bad

We had 2 rooms booked with Hampton Inn Jan.11th, 2012 at Hampton Inn in Savannah, Ga.confirmation no. 111125481380. Our guests cancelled on us Jan. 4th..We called the hotel to try to cancel that one room and was told we could not because we had booked online..so my husband understood that situation and asked to change that room for Sat. night so we could show our two granddaughters around Savannah the next day, as we were their on business for the Fruit and Vegetable Conference at the convention center...we were told that they could not do that, the company we booked with was unwilling to do this for us and Hampton Inn in Savannah was unwilling..my question is....

Why could we not have stayed another night...Hampton Inn was paid for the Friday night regardless of who we booked with & the room was NOT used..I don't understand why the room was not interchangeable for the next night, if they had a vacant room...please explain..We stayed at this hotel last year during the conference and were pleased but this experience has been difficult to understand...

Poor

Check in hampton alexandria old town south virginia the room had stink begs in room call ed front desk they send up a guy to spraay during the night I had to get up and kill some of the bugs too late to move to another room plus driving all day I exped the general manager to call. Its 4 days pass no reply

Poor

The gentlemen who was working the front desk, David, was the most unfriendly worker I have ever met at a Hampton Inn. He did not seem to be very good at his costumer service, and seemed to 'huff and puff' at any question I had for him. I felt like I was putting him out just with simple questions. It looked as though he was making 'key cards' when we arrived, and he didn't acknowledge us for a few moments, and when we did it seemed like we were a bother. Then later I asked if we could get a childs crib/playpen brought to our room, and he just said very abruptly, "well I'll have to go see if we have one available" and just walked away, then a minute later he came back through the lobby, and I asked if I should wait, or go to the room, to which he said, 'no just go back to your room, if I find one, I'll bring it" again very abruptly..., it just didn't seem appropriate. Then the last thing was in the evening I brought my son downstairs to get a little cup of hot chocolate before bed, and as I was looking to see if they had hot water I only saw coffee, so I turned around and asked David if there was any hot water. He did not even look up at me.., a few seconds went past and then he just walked away..., this was bothersome to me, and I thought maybe for a minute that he possibly didn't hear me, but then he re-appeared with a container of hot water, walked up by us and set it down next to the coffee rather abruptly, again without saying anything, then went back to his desk.
I don't feel like I was being overly needy, and I don't feel like the things I was asking him should have bothered him that much. I stay at Hampton Inn's almost anytime I travel and I must say that I love all of my experiences, but this one really set me back. Not to mention that it was on Valentines Day, and I was hoping to have a romantic evening with my wife, and then to be met with this gentleman and his attitude kind of ruined the night. We used our Hilton Honors points to set up this free stay, but I must say that everything was pretty well ruined by this experience, and I would like to have some free vouchers or something to stay another night at another Hampton Inn. I know Hampton Inn has their 100% Guarentee, and I would normally never ask for this (and I never have had to ask for this,) but I feel like this time warrents asking for some type of refund. And I think someone should definitely talk with David at the Richmond Southwest Virginia Hull Street Hampton Inn about his Customer Service Skills.
My email is: robbsmack@gmail.com
My Phone Number is: (804) 304-5915

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Bad

On 9/12/12 I went to the Hampton Inn on Apalachee Parkway in Tallahassee Florida to check the availability of a room for one night. The desk clerk said he had plenty of rooms & asked for my name. I told him it was for my boss Don Scozzari. He went to write his name down & I asked would a credit card hold his room? And if he doesn't show will there be charges. The clerk said no, we will only charge you if he checks in. I told the clerk that Mr. Scozzari has his own Company Credit Card & it should be billed to his card only. That night after our meeting, Mr Scozzari decided to travel back to Albany so he could be in Athens the next day. On friday 9/28/12 I get my statement & there is a two night charge on my card for $111.38. I called the local hotel & was transfered to Ashley's voice mail. I left a message for her to call me about a charge on my credit card. She did not call me back. On 10/01/12 I went to the same local hotel to discuss this with a manager & was again met with the same desk clerk who told me there would be NO CHARGES unless he checked in. First, he could not locate in their system anything with my name or Mr. Scozzari. He asked if I could get my credit card statement? I said yes, give me 30 mins while I go back to my office to retrieve. Opon returning, I show the clerk my statement, he finally found where it was charged, went back to talk to the GUEST SERVICES MANAGER. She told him to go back out there and deny the refund. These people are a disgrace to company. I have been lied to, ignored & have wasted my time on something that should not have happened. After this email is sent, I will be going to the Better Business Bureau to file a formal complaint . I was told there would be NO CHARGES. All of this has so far taken 3 hours of my time.

Thank you.

Mike Ekberg
850 251-0068 cell

Poor

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Chesterfield, Michigan on New Year’s Eve and had a little bit of an unpleasant stay. The guests on our floor were rude and being loud all night – I realized that it was New Years Eve but at 3:30 in the morning, it was time for bed. The hotel staff did nothing to rectify this issue. Finally and more unbelievable to me was the fact that the next day, I found two different credit card charges totaling $50 on my credit card.

When I called the hotel, they basically informed me that this was for “incidentals” and were rather rude about it and said the charges would drop off in 2 days. When I checked in, the staff told me they needed a credit card for “incidentals” and did not inform me that my card would be charged $50. I would assume that meant in case I destroyed something, then I would have been charged.

This is something that really should be disclosed at the time you check in and obviously people are going to call about it after the fact. I don’t think the staff should be rude either when you do call. Its your or their policy not mine. Needless to say, I got probably 3 hours of sleep because of all the commotion.

Contact the Hampton Inn Complaint Department