Hampton Inn

Most Popular Complaint about Hampton Inn

Posted by Harold OCana on Jan 26, 2015
Customer Rating

When I booked the Hampton Inn at 46280 north I-94 service drive Belleville, MI. They posted that water would be turned for service and that it would short and a speedy return of service. Water was turned off at 10 am. It is now 6:30pm and still no insight when water will be turned on. My Hilton # is 962575335. This is disgusting and a complete lack of confidence in management. I spoke to the manager at 1 and 3 and was told it would be shortly. Apparently she has no clue!!!! Typical blond with dark roots.....

Did Hampton Inn provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a problem with Hampton Inn?

1.57 out of 5

Website

hamptoninn3.hilton.com

More Hampton Inn Complaints

Customer Rating

Sept 1, 2013, I moved to WA to provide in home care for my father, and my mother, who is in a nursing home with Alzheimer’s. March 16, I flew my husband & 2 boys from KS to visit (after not seeing them for 7 months). I chose HI because I’ve always been impressed with my stay, & wanted my family to have a clean, comfortable room for a 5 night stay. The 1st morning, 3-17, our room was not cleaned. I notified Jordan at desk, who took notes on my complaint and said he would tell maids. Maids 1st insisted there was a DND sign in lock. sign was under vanity by ice box (after looking 20 min on Tuesday). Then, maid changed story that my husband said we didn’t need service (no towels, garbages full, he would never say that). He actually told her to come at 11:00. Again she stated a DND sign in door. We dumped garbage and got towels ourselves. Tuesday, room was cleaned, but not well (dirty tissues under vanity, hair on toilet & floor). Mgnt was told. Wednesday, son had a bloody nose on bed, desk told, room was somewhat cleaned. Thursday, room again was not well cleaned, (bath), bloody tissues under vanity. In looking for remote, I found a tampon (in wrapper) between bed and wall. Mgnt told again. Also that Thursday, breakfast staff told me I wasn’t allowed to eat because I was not a guest (I paid for room, under my name), I was having coffee with husband. This I didn’t mention to desk. GM Mindy Delozier & I talked on phone for 30 minutes. 1st, she offered guarantee of not paying for one night. Later in talk, it was implied by her that since the entire stay had problems, she would stand by her guarantee of not paying for stay. After being charged full amount minus 1 day, she insisted she didn’t offer the guarantee. I told her I was NOT satisfied with only 1 night, and reminded her of guarantee and my disgust with room, especially seeing the tampon. I strongly believe HI should stand by it’s guarantee and refund the full amount of my stay. I am NOT satisfied at all.
I want an email address please!

Customer Rating

We attended a state tennis tournament on April 30-May 3. Although I have no complaints about my room in general, but on arrival I was faced wih a horrible problem. my husband and I had to be at a coaches meeting for4:00 on the 29th and arrived at the hotel at 3:00 or so and had been traveling for 7 hrs. The ride to the meeting was a 15 minute drive. We both had to shower and there was barely a trickle coming out. I called the office and they told us they were working on the plumbing and it would be another 30-45 minutes before they would be done. We didn’t have the time to wait… So we opted to have me bathe in 1 inch of water in the tub after running it dr over 20 minutes … And it was cold water. Unreal. I asked for comprndation and was refused. This this complaint…

Customer Rating

Due to a death in the family, and Memorial Service was Friday 4/5, using our Hilton Honors, we booked a one night stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County. We checked out on Saturday morning 4/6 and returned to Apex, North Carolina. Upon arrival at home I noticed we had left our bathroom bag hanging on the back of the door in the bathroom of Room 707. I immediately called the hotel which was roughly 7:15 PM. The clerk at the desk stated he could not help me with that as he knew nothing of lost and found and I could talk with the Director as her door was locked and she wasn’t in at that time. I called back later asking if anyone there could find out if the bag had been tuirned in as I could have a family member come by and pick it up, but didn’t want them to drive there if the bag was not there. The clerk was courteous enough to call me back and let me know he had tried to reach the Director and called her Barbara, but she did not pick up so he left a message. I have as of yet to hear from Barbara. I called back the next morning and tried to talk with Barbara, but could only leave a voice message. I tried again today to talk with Barbara but had to leave a voice message.

I advised Barbara on two of my messages that upon leaving, the cleaning lady was in the hall with her cart at our door and was either getting ready to clean our room or the room next door. I spoke to her and proceeded on my way to the elevator so she had to have gotten the bag. There is a possibility the bag is still on the cart and had not turned it in yet. My issue is due to the fact the bag is a matching part of our luggage and would like to get it back because of that. Also, the contents were make up, soap, shampoo, razor, shaving cream, etc. and will take a lot to replace.

We have planned vacation for next week and the longer it goes, the less likely we will get the bag for this trip. Hopefully someone will be able to help us.

Customer Rating

For 3 years we have been coming to the Hampton Inn Gloucester for my granchildrens b’day. This year I did things different and made my reservations on the computer. I googled Hampton Inn hit on the site to make reservations for 2 adults/3 children. The next day I get the confirmation and the it’s thru hotel reservations. We get to the hotel after driving 5 1/2 hours.

The kids go change into their swim suits,we go down to the pool and i’s green and nasty. Saturday we have the kids b’day then go back to the hotel so they can swim. They go change and go to the pool only to find out it’s closed. Don’t they have people that check these pools thru out the day? My husband went to ask about the pool,and if we could get a refund so we could leave,there’s nothing to do at the hotel,we go there so the kids can swim.

But because I did my reservations on the computer not knowing they make it look like your going thru the Hampton Inn we couldn’t get a refund. I would like this resolved,either my money back for Saturday night,or a free night. We feel like the Hampton or the hotel reservations owe us! We had 4 very unhappy campers ages 4-7.

This is my 3 attempt to get this resolved,I called a number for complaints,it was foriegn people they say they can’t hear you and hang up..this is poor customer service.Hampton Inn Gloucester sent me a survey to do but haven’t heard aanything. I really wish I could get this resolved!

Customer Rating

I have made a reservation for Hampton Inn, Atlanta Airport, on Bobby Brown Parkway, confirmation #88017478. The reservation is for two rooms. The confirmation I receive is for 1 room. I have called four times and the clerks tell me the computer shows two rooms so I shouldn’t worry about it. I tried to call the manager, left a message, but no response. One clerk said she would fax me a confirmation and I got two sheets of paper, exactly the same, with the same confirmation number on both, saying this will be sufficient at check-in because I have two pieces of paper for each room. All I want is written confirmation for two rooms like I have gotten with every other Hampton Inn I have made reservations with.

Customer Rating

My friend had bookd a 2 night stay at the Hampton Inn in Ormand Beach, FL. As soon as I got the number I called it because I had a few things in mind, without knowing I was speaking to the “Manager” itself, I asked about the ammenities of the room, she state”d, “this is not a Suites hotel” all because I asked if there was a mini refrigirator in the room.

Then asked if there was anything else in the room besides the two beds she stated “just the handicapped bathroom and the two beds” by the way, I didn’t ask for a handicapped room. I asked, is there any chairs or sofa’s she stated no. Based on that infomation, I asked how soon can I cancel she said 6pm.

I stated to please cancel one of the two nights instead she proceeded on stating “why don’t you just cancel the whole reservation, and you are getting a privilidge rate.” I was very upset by her comment, I asked her that she did tell me cancellation time however never stating for what day if day before or same day she said “what do I think”.

The discount she was talking about it was a $5.00 different from the advertised rate, is not like she was giving a free room a 50% discount on it. Not only that, when I cancelled the one night, she up the rate on the one night because I was getting a better deal with two nights.

When I asked to speak with a manager, she said I am the Manager, I was so upset, I told her immediatelly to cancel the whole reservation. If you don’t have the training in knowing how to treat your customers regardless if I am

Customer Rating

Was forced out of my house due to plumbing issues and stayed at the Hampton Inn in Hanover, Pa with my wife and 2 children. Apparently they dont care about thier guests in the least. We had roof construction directly over our bed at 8am everymorning for 2 weeks. When I complained at the front desk the lady offered me a bowl of earplugs. Absolutly ridiculoous to even make money off a room where people can’t sleep. I’d estimate the noise was around 95db.

Customer Rating

Hampton Inn, Bethlehem PA. We book three rooms for the night of my nephews wedding. We were promised that we could also have a rollaway bed at an extra fee which I agreed to. When we got to the hotel the room with double beds were not much bigger than single beds and they had no roll away beds. Also other people booked rooms and when they got there they were told that the hotel was overbooked and they had no rooms. I was always under the impression that when a bride and groom reserve a block of rooms for their guests that they would be together.

Well we were all over the hotel and it made it impossible to meet up with anyone afterwards. This is the last time I will stay at a Hampton Inn.

Customer Rating

Don’t be fooled when the Hampton Inn advertises something like “We welcome wedding parties” or something similar. I booked my brother’s wedding guests at the Hampton Inn, Islandia, NY, Long Island. Our guests took up most of the 3rd floor. Coming back from a wedding, you can expect people to be noisy – and we totally were. They told us to stay in our rooms. Then they told us we were too loud and we had to move to the lobby. Then they told us we had to go outside in the parking lot because we were still too loud. Finally, they called the police.

The police told the Hampton Inn management that they were basically idiots and to stop wasting the police force’s time. In my opinion, don’t “welcome” 50+ wedding guests to your hotel if you’re a hotel that has a “no party policy”. The management single-handedly ruined my brother’s after party. The assistant manager that was working that night seemed to just be a cruel woman who hates her own life. We didn’t break anything, ruin any property or be disrespectful towards other guests or employees. We were just 50 people enjoying ourselves after a wedding at the Hampton Inn.

Customer Rating

My wife and I booked a room at the Hampton Inn. Full disclosure – the information we received when we booked the hotel stated they have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Something came up so we needed to move the booking to another date. We explained to the hotel that we still wanted to stay at the hotel at a later date however they will still not approve the refund. In fact, in my opinion, the Hampton Inn hotel staff seemed uncaring and unhelpful and couldn’t care less about our circumstance. The Guest Services toll free number was of no help and their staff seemed just as uncaring. Regardless, a hotel manager telling me to “F-off” and “Go F yourself”. Are you kidding me? I will never STAY at this Hampton Inn…

Customer Rating

stayed last night I had to clean sink front of fidge nasty the one in Bristol tenn. itch all night at 5 this morning just got up and left room 507

Customer Rating

This is my 2nd stay at this Hampton Inn . The first stay was around a month ago.
SIMILAR ISSUES AS BEFORE REMAIN THE SAME BUT MUCH WORSE!

at that time there were also issues with bathtub drain and sink/lavatory drain.
along with mattresses were very hard of ‘poor quality uncomfortable on beds,
mattress would slip and slide when sitting on them and when trying to sleep,
when getting out of beds the mattress would have slipped to the point that
I felt I needed help to keep from falling out of bed. These same conditions
remain with 2nd. visit. mattress slip and slide.

On my first visit the Staff was very friendly and understood my complaints.

~ ‘STAFF MADE IT VERY CLEAR THEY WERE UNDER RENOVATION! 1st stay!
I answered through email to Hampton Inn and they were very kind with refund.
I was asked to please try them again when I was traveling that way which I
did this past Thursday March 27th 2014.

My 2nd stay this past Thursday was worse than the 1st stay a month ago!
the Staff was not as friendly as on the 1st stay.

When I checked in and got to the room ……..Rm. #215

1} I went to the bathroom and had issues with toilet flushing / had to hold
lever down for several seconds to flush …

2} then I went to wash my hands and
the sink would not drain the water it just stood in the sink…

3) Towels and wash clothes were very worn and old with
strings hanging on them looked like cleaning rags worse than
a Low Rate Motel .

4} Walking to bed from bathroom my shoe got caught up in
rotten carpet strings causing me to t loose my balance
and fall.

5} Went to call for help ……
and I really got ‘ stressed when seeing phone was
completely broken and NO CONNECTION!
I wanted to call the Front Desk to make the complaint ….
and the phone cord was broken and ‘not attached to the phone!
so after several minutes I was able to push cord into phone and
hold it while calling Front Desk but lost connections several times
because phone cord was broken! finally after several attempts
I got Desk Clerk and she said she would have to look for another
telephone cord…. about 15 minutes later she brought a cord for
phone.. I showed her the sink in bathroom was full of dirty water
and the carpet strings that tripped me….

I EXPLAINED TO HER ‘STAFF SHOULD BE AWARE OF
THE ROOMS AND SHOULD BLOCK THESE ROOMS WITH
THIS MANY ISSUES / SHOULD NOT PUT CUSTOMERS IN THESE
ROOMS. IT IS VERY EXHAUSTING TO UNPACK AND HAVE TO
MOVE AGAIN TO ANOTHER ROOM…WHY CAN’T THEY GET IT
RIGHT BEFORE GUEST ARRIVE ?? WHO IS IN CHARGE ?

WHO MAKES SURE THE ROOMS ARE UP TO STANDARDS ??

6] The Breakfast bar was less quality than from a
month ago when I stayed ..appears they are really
cutting back.

7} I MADE PHOTOS WITH MY I PHONE AND WOULD
LIKE TO SEND THEM TO HILTON /CORPORATE OFFICE
BUT NOT SURE HOW TO DO THAT ?

I feel it is important to make this complaint to Corporate
Office…. And it should be noted that I am not interested
in refunds I am only interested in QUALITY and a Good
nights rest when traveling . that is what I am paying for!
Not to be stressed and having to take my time out of my
day to write or call Corporate Office I have better things
to do with my time…. but someone needs to let Corporate
be AWARE of what is going on.

Regards

Charmaine Desjardin

Companies Like Hampton Inn

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!