Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5 Stars
176 Consumer Reviews

Google
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Google company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Google online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Google corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Google?

Compare Google to Similar Internet Services more...

Top 176 Reviews about Google

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Google customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

We requested Google to remove outdated content as this content is deformatory and to date Google did nothing. Their customer service does not exist!

Upvote (0)

I used to have an gmail account, back in 2010. Google has continued to bill me for this account even though we cancelled it years ago. I have been locked out of the account and not able to access it to cancel the subscription. It is an outrage that I can't contact anybody. All your 'help' gets me nowhere and the email advising me that you will continue to gouge me is 'no reply!' My bank won't stop the payment without me cancelling it and I can't because you won't let me. This is no less than theft. Over the years you have billed me for thousands of dollars. Please stop fleecing my account immediately and refund the amount the account has been inactive.

Upvote (0)

I have a one complaint about Google -- my mobile contacts are not sync'd by google contacts. Lost all my contacts because of this problem.

Upvote (0)

I took Google's advise and upgraded to google windows 10 and my computer did not function properly as it has cost me $120 new zealand to revert it back. I took advise offered by Google and I think the corporate office should credit my account I spent on this faulty product. If not I will call the customer service number again to complain.

Upvote (0)

People have been stealing products like gmod off of the internet! Please stop this because i am getting really annoyed with Google not doing a thing about it! it is very annoying and these people think they can do whatever they want. I don't understand why they insist on stealing things, but please do something about it.

Upvote (0)

I have had problems with my password into Google and also my email address @gmail.com. My login also is not were I live. Seems to be somewhere in Placerville, Ca. or Auburn, Ca. My facebook account was hacked 6 months ago and I feel there may be a problem now with Google/Chrome my browser. Please let me know is there is a suspicious activity going on, if possible. What can I do about this? I have tried calling Google in Mountain View with my complaint but they do not respond.

Upvote (0)

We have thousand of calls a day from Google. Say to update our listing. But the Listing is for another company. They will only speak to the owner. If I called Google and asked to speak with the owner, How far would I get. We need these scam calls to stop ASAP.

Upvote (0)

I'm trying to open my google account. Every time i receive discouraging messages. Till this movement i am not able to open the account and will share my complaint until I get satisfaction.

Upvote (0)

I have a 2012 nexus 7 tablet which worked just fine before successive "upgrades" turned it into an unresponsive piece of junk. I complained before and the reboot, clear unused apps etc suggestions were a total waste of time. Basically, if your geeks had bothered to test the lollipop and successive upgrades against the 2012 nexus 7 they would have very quickly seen that anything beyond KitKat was a waste of time. If this was a cynical marketing ploy to force customers to go out and upgrade to the latest ñexus you got it wrong with me. I will not be purchasing another Google product again and will not be recommending them to anyone either. In order to retain my custom I would recommend that you offer a "downgrade" path back to KitKat so that I can use my tablet again and not go out and purchase an opposition product. I look forward to getting a useable reply from you other than the usual corporate fob off.

Upvote (0)

I would rate my Google customer service experience as a -10! I have tried to call several times and have spoken with multiple agents and NONE of them EVER do what they say. I have been trying to access our business online reviews for one month now. I have spoken with so many different agents (Mandeep, Ashis, Ksure, and Ceva just the last 4 names I started keeping up with) I have a business account that has reviews. I know that google likes for you to reply to your reviews and that communication is what helps your "online presence" as well as where you come up when someone "googles" you.

I have not been able to access our google reviews for over a month now. I would LOVE to respond to the reviews we have but because google's employees don't want to fix this. I am still not able to access our business reviews. Everyone tells me the same thing "we will escalate the problem". This has been escalated so many times the head of google should be working on it by now. Thank you google for damaging my online reputation and keeping me from being able to do a thing about it.

Upvote (0)

I am the head of an organization called Anthropological Survey of India (under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India) located at Bogadi 2nd Stage in Mysore. Our office land line telephone no. But this number has been notified in Google as the telephone number of BSNL which is wrong. Due to this mistake committed by Google, several calls are received everyday from people, mistaking our number as BSNL number. It is a great nuisance caused to us. Please immediately rectify this by removing the following notification.

Upvote (0)

I have a gmail account for which i have lost the password, i tried with the methods mentioned but could not open please assist Gmail account. It's currently a UAE email and the support here from Google is non-existant.

Upvote (1)

I received a notification of someone trying to get into my computer through my Google gmail acconnt. Reference number mz1786, as i understand someone in Tokyo is trying. I don't know anyone in Tokyo nor do I E-Mail anyone in Tokyo.

Upvote (1)

I notice someone hacked into my Google account and change my recovery password information. I took snapshot of the contact info. of this hacker. How can Google help in taking legal action?

Upvote (0)

I Googled that site and alarms went off and I got a bad virus that took 6 hours to fix and my computer has never been right way too slow. Please shut them down. that is octavemusic that I'm talking about it wouldn't let me type it in the company name space but Google needs a better way to report websites that contain a virus!

Upvote (0)

I recently updated Chrome at home and the office. When Chrome restarted it boots to my home page as expected. What I really don't like is that it really isn't the home page anymore. You inserted the Google search page before it. So if I hit the back arrow I go to the true home page of Google and I can't change it. I know you think you are being clever and you hope that most people won't notice it and you are right. I understand that I am in the minority and you will not change this "Feature" just for the few of us. I am mainly just venting about it because I am a bit OCD and this bugs the hell out of me! Please don't respond with one of your generic form letters that doesn't even address the issue. It is insulting and reinforces that you guys are douche bags and are going to do whatever you want to unless the majority cry out. I guess I can always go back to Firefox again.

Upvote (0)

I have a smartphone but it cant load anything, it jumps around to different pages, i had to unsubscribe from games i paid for but couldn't play, its so slow, pictures messages and sites wont load because that red star comes on and freezes everything.

Upvote (0)

Someone with an email address has been stealing from my credit card to buy Google games and whatever from Google. Also I have been getting emails for this person at my email address. I have sent messages to Google informing them about this for quite some time and for a few days I quit getting emails for this person now I got it again today showing fraud. I would suggest that you contact this person and stop them from doing what they're doing and also stop sending her emails are his emails to my address. The last email that I got for that person I can not do anything with so sorry I can't send you the info unless you can call me and help me give it to you. Google's customer service seems to be a bit off for such a large corporation, there is no complaint line or anything.

Upvote (0)

On Nov 9, 2015 over $90 of unauthorized charges from your Google Social went to my card without my permission. I want the backed and disconnect from my Google social account. I have called my bank which is a federally run debit account for social security recipients. My telephone number has been given to Google with no help yet. I am expecting to hear by phone within two days or I will take legal steps. I have already called the child's father (boy is 14) too young to be on your sites anyway and he will deal with the boy. If he doesn't I will file charges and get help to retrieve my money.

Upvote (0)

All right. First of all, my sister thought it would be funny if I wasn't able to make a Google email account so she took my iPod and made it to my birthday. I'm 14 and you have to be 13 to make an account so she said I was 10. She made it all the way to the end and then hit 'done' and it took her to the 'you are under aged' page. Now I try to make an actual Google account and it always goes back to that page and I can't get anyone to delete it. So much for Google customer service!

Upvote (0)

I am facing a bug in Google gmail chat of hangout. I am describing it in step by step detail below so that someone can help me.

1) Open gmail
2) Enter your user name and password
3) When gmail is loaded and its hangout loads properly click on the chat text box
4) Type and message to a contact and send
5) Press on the mouse roller button to auto scroll up and down (press it in the hangout area)
6) Remove the Cursor from that place to any other place on the document
7) The issue rise at this stage i.e. We will be not able to click on the hangout textbox neither we will be able to chat with our contacts until we refresh the whole page manually or to start a new tab window and browse it again

Upvote (0)

Our products were up there for years, no problem, then all of a sudden a month ago they shut us completely down. Over multiple conversations with a rep, the upshot seems to be that the shipping and tax amounts ended up LOWER on our main website than they were in Google Shopping. There's absolutely no way we can get accurate shipping amounts to show in G Shopping because we have no idea where the product is going! I have no idea what G expects us to do in order to make it exact. I have no idea at this point how to fix this, and the G reps are VERY non-helpful.

Just got off the phone with Google customer service again. Talked to somebody different (whoever answered, David was his name). He looked up the case and tried to transfer me to the rep who has been "helping" us thus far (Vincent)... I told him no, that's not helping. We've (our marketing guy was dealing with this before, now it's me, IT) already talked to that rep 10 times and nothing's moving, we're getting no direct steps for action to just fix whatever the problem is.

I told David that I need to talk to either his or Vincent's supervisor, not to crap on them but to just escalate this because obviously Vincent and David don't have whatever info they need to be able to offer a solution for us. I was told it would be 2-3 days before I get either a call back or an email from one of the supervisors. What a nightmare.

Upvote (0)

Hi i can't use the google search engine as it keeps having a popup that prompts me to except its advertising terms and conditions, even though i have gone through the other options to switch the ads & cookies off. Is there something else i have missed. This is getting on my nerves now. If i have to go through this procedure every time, i will use another such engine.

Upvote (0)

I have been using goole chrome with gmail. I'm trying to contact you via customer "service" and I'm directed to a screen only to find out the only help I'm going to get cost $47.00. What gives here? I didn"t create this problem, so how is it I have to pay you for a solution. If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you, I'm dumping Google. Thank you.

Upvote (0)

I accidentally hit the delete key and deleted the email associated with all of my information linked to it. I called to get tech support on how to recover the email address, which should be a simple procedure. The man who answered my call was in another country, spoke Indian, and was VERY difficult to understand. He kept asking some question, but i could not understand him, and when I finally told him that I didn't understand what he was saying, he began to YELL at me, was rude, abrasive, totally unprofessional, and actually hung up on me! I expect more from a corporation such as Google. This is not a hard problem to solve; it's a simple recovery. I am enraged that ANYONE would speak to a customer in such a way. How are you training these people and what makes them feel as if they can speak to a customer in this way without repercussions? I called the following number 1-888-278-0751 at 8:36 a.m. on 10/25/15. This issue now becomes two fold: 1) I need customer service to help me recover my account; 2) I need someone at Google to make me understand why this person is working for your company. Clearly, he needs terminated or you need to retrain your entire staff.

Upvote (1)

Someone has hacked my gmail account and he is using my e-mail address. I change the password everyday and I even register for verification code which is only asked once after I change the password. Every morning when I get into my account the verification code is not asked and the same person or people with the IP 141.0.13.13; 82.145.22.229; 82.145.221.205 which are from Kenya and Netherlands as it shows on last activity. I now don't trust this verification code system if the person can always have access into my account.

Upvote (0)

I was trying to access Quirky, the site where inventors pitch ideas, I was funneled into a site called "Enhance". I mistakenly assumed it was part of Quirky and detailed my idea. I found out later they are not, but only after they gained access to that idea, under false pretense. They should be prosecuted for wire fraud.

Upvote (0)

I am bombarded by emails selling stuff I do not want. Most of them are emails I did not ask for. You cannot sell me anything! I am 68 this month, on SSI and cannot afford to buy anything. If you cannot stop sending this crap, I will go elsewhere. I am sick of spending time unsubing.

Upvote (0)

Frustrated as all get out. What the heck is wrong with you people. I just can't remember my password and wanted to change it. I am not asking for US citizenship! This questionnaire is impossible and asks questions that, if I knew the answer to, I wouldn't be writing this email with anger. Gmail is pretty impressive when it works, and the fact that I can't log on was my fault, before I was introduced to your outrageous form. Help me out.

Upvote (0)

I manufacture and sell a heads up display bezel for the 1999-2004 Corvette on ebay. Customers have been able to type in C5 Corvette HUD bezels and Google would direct them to a page where on HUD bezels would appear showing both OEM bezels by GM and mine which is an aftermarket bezel. For the past month Google has chosen to include all dash bezels to be included going from 1 page to more than 10 pages of bezels. Unless you know what I sell is an aftermarket product, customers are only seeing OEM bezels which is costing me many lost sales. I wish Google would go back to Great Deals on C5 Hud Bezels on Ebay like it has been for 8 months. I have tried repeatedly to contact Google with no results. Their service is horrible.

Upvote (0)

I would like Google to re enter correct information regarding my business that you have on your search pages. I didn't submit the information which is listed against our business name. It is causing my name a great deal of annoyance and frustration. It is amazing that a corporate entity as large as Google has no corporate phone number to call for support. I have also searched high and low for customer service information and found nothing.

Upvote (0)

Was at daughter's home, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and using her computer and was refused. Questioned the use of her computer. Since I am 72 and technically challenged I realized I had a problem. Struggling to correct this misfortune, things went down hill rapidly as I was asked for the phone number I used for verification. I had lost this phone months ago and had a new phone 1-315-486-2805. I have since found the Trac phone and recharged and added minutes. Looked for the SMS number, but realized it could not be received because the phones battery was dead. Help me please. To make matters worse.... I was trying to make payments for items purchased and it was the last day for payment. Now I am blocked from shopping because I did not cover my bids at the given time. As I said it all went down hill rapidly. If you would like to hear about the "cherry on the sundae".... I was suppose to be back in New York on my own computer, but became ill, as we ate at a Buffet and I came down with food poisoning ! I am so frustrated at this point... is more than just an email address, it is a combination of names & a life number of my ancestral Scots.

Upvote (0)

I used Google search engine looking for a Fishing Rod Dryer. The item I was interested in was the first one to pop up at J Stockard Fly Fishing. I clicked on the picture of the item I wanted to ordered but when I received my order they had done a bait and switch. They sent me the Basic Dryer and what I had ordered was the Deluxe Dryer. I contacted the company and still received terrible customer service and was told that I can return the item at my expense. I contacted my card company and started a despute with the company and would highly recommended you remove them from your search engine.

Upvote (2)

I was unable to send any e-mail from g-mail. There showed that delivery status notification failure ,technical fault of permanent failure. My another e-mail account doesn`t open. There showed that your password is in valid.

Upvote (0)

The ads that cause content I'm reading to move are extremely hard on my eyes and brain due to sensory issues that are COMMON problems for people. I know that companies want their advertising to disrupt people's web browsing to bring attention to their ads, but that is counter productive since we lose patience with the page and just close it. I click on plenty of advertising links, but only the ones that don't move, blink, and cover content. Irritating people is NOT the way to sell. I know that Google isn't the only one to allow these types of ads, but seriously, I will find news sites that don't do this and they will get my business.

Upvote (0)

Someone purchased one of your products and charged it on my visa card. $200 on 3 separate occasions 4/2/2015.. $50; 2 on 4/10/2015... $50 and $100. I called Google on 4/28/2015 and spoke to several people. I was connected to Austin and he was going to get back to me. I called this morning and no one knows him, and no information in the computer regarding our conversation. I need my money back!!

Upvote (0)

I am not able to open my mail because you are always asking me to sign up instead of signing in and you are always claiming that someone else own my mail address of many years. I do not want to sign up again when I already have my gmail address. Please let me sign into my gmai address.

Upvote (0)

I have many emails that I would like to answer, but I have to have a "Google" account. When I try filling in the information, Google wants to know my Gmail email OR I can use my present email address. Which is the one I put on, and the response is "Gmail address not correct. I DON"T WANT GMAIL!!! I have a Gmail account and had nothing but problems. I want to stick with my Yahoo account!!

Upvote (0)

Good evening. I have composed an email regarding a malicious email from gmail that was sent to a clinician that I work for privately. I require an email address in order for it to be investigated. I look forward to hearing from someone to help me out!

Upvote (2)

Purchased email account and photos and videos of my first and second child being born all lost as all accounts and apps have been hacked and can no longer use emails or apps so phone no longer any good to me as I can't do anything with it no play store or anything. Reported to police and fraud squad who are investigating further but three mobile refuse to do anything for instance replace handset stop contract and been right rude. Htc also not helpful and Google well I've never ever been spoken to in such a manner, and also repeatedly hung up on the line deliberately considering had been waiting long time in que and ringing from Wales near Scotland UK to USA.

I've tried all avenues but not treated fairly as I pay and haven't missed a payment for 7or so years 45 pounds monthly to be told they won't help even replace fix or stop contract as phone no longer any good to me but just having people accessing my accounts when they feel like. Where is the security my children wife and I are now looking over shoulders. They have our my mostly identity please can somebody let me know what I should do please

Upvote (0)

Why do you have to keep changing things. My bookmarks were all categorized the way I like them. I found a recipe I wanted to save. I click bookmark save star, and I find everything has changed. I have wasted already 20 minutes trying to figure out how to put my recipe in the proper folder and still cannot figure out how to do it. How exasperating.

My PC is supposed to save me time Not create extra wasted time trying to figure out how to do things!, The changes you have made to my bookmarks system is worthless to me! Every time I get something figured out you guys come along and screw everything up for me. I HATE IT! Even that I have to waste my time writing this friggin complaint!

Upvote (0)

Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone did an automatic software update and it STINKS!!! It has made my phone VERY hard to read and terrible to use. The screen colors are HORRIBLE!!! I called my provider, AT&T, and was told there was no way to change it and no way to go back. I was also told GOOGLE is the one who designed/implemented the update.

THIS IS MY FORMAL COMPLAINT!!! I HATE IT !!! If it cannot be removed/changed then I will have no choice but to get rid of my phone...I cannot use what I cannot read!!! I called google about an hour ago to tell them I didn't like it and see if there was a way to change it...I was told, not their problem, call Samsung and then they hung up on me. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU GOOGLE ALL THE WAY AROUND!

Upvote (0)

Everything else about what you do is just fine, except your new maps STINKS!! Trying to contact you is nearly impossible. I've just taken so much time out of my evening to try and make this complaint because the frustration of using your new mapping site is so strong I had to speak my mind.

I am in a hurry to get to a new location tomorrow and I still cannot get comprehensive directions. I cannot see the turns or the streets. We all, all of us out here, we all hate it. Please don't make us work so hard to find simple directions. Why is it so convoluted? Don't any of you test the things before you roll them out? And I mean with the average person, not your high tech team.

Really super annoying. I will not be using them anymore.

Upvote (0)

I had my gmail account for many years. Today I called Google tech support to find out why im not able to send emails from my android. My question was not answered, instead they tried to sell me some protection software because they've detected suspicions activity on my account. I said I don't want any protection, they did not like it and blocked me completely from using my gmail. Their respond? Oh ma-am this is for security purposes and if you want to gain access to your email you have to pay $89 fee. What? Complete ignorance, disrespect and abuse.. It seems they can do whatever they want in India and no one supervise them. I am so outraged.

Upvote (0)

Okay so here we go. I don't get why you can make all these sites on Google and phones or whatever it is but on Google doc's you can't make it capitalize words on its own. I mean, come on! If they can make a guy go to the moon, you should be able to make it so it capitalizes words on its own. Geez o peas buster, get your head in the game. You want to be the best, well fix this stuff. This is no joke man. Come on. Your smarter than that because I spend all day on the computer like some people. I thought you were the best until I see that it doesn't capitalize words on its own. See, on this deal, it capitalizes the I iiiiiiiiiii See, you should make it like this. ... ps I'll still use Google cuz it knows everything.

Upvote (0)

I bought tow shoes from company (www.kaae.co.uk) advertising on Google. This company are dishonest, because I buy tow shoes and I pay it but they send me a error shoes and they refusing to change or refund (and I have all images and email ) for that I ask Google to take action against this company to stop them cheating.

Upvote (1)

I was shocked to have been turned down by Google when I filed a complaint against a man who has been cyber bullying me for years. He made blogs and websites impersonating me, making violent reference to my personal body parts, and defamed my character by stating publicly that I am a stalker, a satanist, and that I do pornography, along with my home address and place of employment. I have legal complaints filed with the police against this man for harassment, yet Google refused to take down the crude and defamatory blog about me which has led me to undergo psycho therapy including suicide counselling.

The articles written about me have affected my personal relationship, my employment and devastated my family. I am considering taking further legal action, both towards the man in question and towards Google for allowing this to happen, even though I have written complaints to Google begging them to take the websites linked to my name down. I have tried to reason with the perpetrator begging him to remove the defamatory statements. He exploited me by telling me that I had to give him large sums of money to have them taken down. I am trying to further my career as a holistic practitioner but these websites have stopped me from moving forward in my life due to the fear and humiliation that has come along with them.

I am begging Google once again to please support me in removing this defamatory site and take action in fighting cyber bullying which has clearly been an issue that has and is causing serious emotional harm to victims, leading to trauma, depression, anxiety and suicide.

Upvote (0)

As usual, ARROGANT Google decided to make yet another change without asking me if I wanted or needed it. This time it's a new Contacts format. 1) The old one was good. 2) No way I know of to revert to old Contacts format. 3) The new one is impossible to understand and there is no tutorial I know of. 4) Contacts have been relisted randomly. 5) google "help phone" # (650-253-0000) says "normal" 1/2 hour wait time. 6) I don't see how to remove contacts from groups they're no longer in.

IMO, Google does these changes without recourse because they know most people don't need them, want them or like them, but Google's %$@#^%% programmers have to justify their latest pay raise, so they change something and call it an improvement. And their bosses let them get away with it!! Everyone responsible for this particular change, and for the policy un-asked for, irreversible changes, ought to be severely beaten. I'm SICK of Google doing this and being unreachable. I could almost curse these people!

Upvote (4)

I would like to share with you my frustration about your email services, gmail. it is getting harder everyday to connect to your services. this morning, i tried to connect and got the error message, server not found. i woke up at 5 am to send an important email and could not do it. this is happening way too often. i had the same experience at least 4 times this week. i now have decided to switch and open an email account with another provider. your services are really not living up to the standards. FYI i am based in Dublin, Ireland. Very unsatisfied with the quality of your services and it is almost impossible to get in contact with you. will not recommend Google products to anyone.

Upvote (0)

Experience NEGATIVE TO THE MAX. I am 64, disabled with cataracts, do the barest minimum on hand me down computer from Daughter and 95% computer illiterate at the least. My major enjoyment is playing games on PCH.com; but no longer, as google "ad(non)sense" takes up a third of the page. I have to blow up images to play & your "adsense" causes the game part to go partially out of the screen and impossible for me to Play. I try to survive on disability only, keep all I own in good condition, have no money to spend on anything that is not totally essential. I am not a possible consumer for your adsense businesses. PLEASE REMOVE ALL ADSENSE ADS THAT I AM GETTING; DEEP SIX MY E-MAIL ADDRESS AND GET OUT OF MY GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact the Google Complaint Department