Google

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Google

Posted by Jeff hawkins on Feb 03, 2015
Customer Rating

Google's arrogance continues to frustrate me to the point of filing a complaint now. I've just accepted an update to Android on my nexus phone. The update decided to remove my email client and transfer the details to Gmail. If I wanted Gmail I'd use it. I dont want it. What on earth makes Google think it has the right to alter my choice of mail client under the cloak of performing an upgrade.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Google provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Google?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.93 out of 5
1.93 out of 5 Stars
103 Consumer Reviews

Google
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Google. What is their corporate mailing address?

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

I want to call the Google customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

650-253-0000

I need to visit the Google company website. What is their website address?

More Google Complaints

Customer Rating

We submitted a payment through Google Checkout, the seeler did not fullfill her end of the bargin. We canceled the order and asked for the money back.The orginal transaction was on July 9th and the cancel was on the 12. We have yet to hear from anyone. We had a Regional Manager (who the moveed on us in the middle of the payment) Mike Kellar and we have NEVER heard a word from him. What gives with part of Google? I find it hard to belief it is even any part of a Google company. When you go to the Checkout site it just keeps turning you around in circles so there is no where ot get any answers.

The amount of money is large enough to be considered a Felony in our state So the next step we are looking at is to file charges. The Google Account for has been disabled. incorrectly entered date of birth while joining Google+, I am not able to sign in to this account or use it to access any Google products or services. Google Account Birthdate Correction Form With Age Proof issued by Got. sent to re-enable my above google account, as i would like to continue the same account and operating since last 4 years. The last request for re-enabling this account created was web-based and was created on November 26, 2011 10:54 AM. This request is still processing.

How long will it take for Google to re-enable my account? Please re-enable my account at the earleist. Please help me in re-enbling and accessing my above google account.

Customer Rating

I was very sad to see that Easter was ignored by Google, when this special holy day is celebrated world wide. The figure portrayed is a local icon, at best. Google generally always celebrates holidays -- Valentine's Day 2013 and Halloween 2012 as examples. I will be switching search engines so that I don't have to view the disrespect that Google demonstrates toward the Christian world.

Customer Rating

I've been a staunch Google supporter from the beginning, using everything you have chosen to throw at us, but no more. Today is the day I being to de-google myself. Why?

It is resurrection Sunday. The day that the God of the universe overcame death and provided a way to salvation for ANYONE who choses to accept it.

And what do you do? No bunny, no Easter, no egg, and no Christ. Instead you give us Cesar Chavez. He was an OK guy and did some good things, but he did not provide an avenue for salvation for the entire human race.

Are you guys out of your minds? You may not want to identify with a particular religion. (Though you see to have no difficulty heralding every cock eyed thing imaginable), I get that. But to insult an entire religion on it's most important day is an incredible insult.

Goodbye Google, and goodbye to your $800 stock price.

Please pass this on to upper management. Google has crossed a line in the sand for me. I will no longer use Google because they decided to post nothing related to Easter....on Easter Sunday!

Are you kidding me? This is a slap in my face. Good bye Google.

Customer Rating

I have used google for years. I have recently had to switch to Yahoo because of the s you have added to the address line. I DO NOT WANT THE S IN HTTPS. I have unsuccessfully tried to find a way to remove.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Kathleen Tunney on 09/05/2013 at IP address 24.3.18.229 using our web complaint form. This opinions contained in this web customer review titled, "http versus https" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

...regarding Google Chrome. You keep asking me over&over&over to download Google Chrome. So I DID LAST WEEK, i.e., DOWNLOADED Google Chrome. But someone on your staff didn't get the 'memo.'...cause every day now I'm being asked to download something I've already downloaded. The one who keeps posting the request - apparently hasn't been in communication with the 'one' (human?) who downloaded Google Chrome already to my computer.

As soon as it was downloaded I was immediately disappointed in the appearance of the page....all text had the LCD - Liquid Crystal appearance in the print...very irritating to the eyes. Please don't send me a generic response.

Thanks, kathleen Claire Santry

Customer Rating

Dear Loved Google, As there is Birth anniversary of Mahatma Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi on 2nd Oct. 2012. We were eagarly waiting for any Google-Doogle of Mahatma Gandhi, but you have not posted any. Please show a concern in this regard. If you don't know anything about Gandhi serch GOOGLE or Wikipedia. God Bless You.. Thanking and Waiting for your reply.

Customer Rating

Thanks for the Easter incident. I as most of my friends will now delete every Google product on my phone, iPad, laptop and computer thanks to your lil Easter stunt. I don't understand stand what your company was thinking but its sure going to coty you. Bing here we come. I can't believe you would ignore Jesus like that on Easter Sunday, who does Google think they are!

Customer Rating

Google incessantly tries to complete my searches which I nearly always have to correct, and which too often links to a site I never heard of and have no interest in.

There should be a way to disable this. The one option available to do this was a waste of time. Also, it's nobody else's business where I have previously visited, whether it was my intention or Google's, and don't appreciate the search box constantly re-displaying these sites.

Please either get rid of this nuisance, or provide a way for me to disable, disconnect, or euthanize it. I'm tired of Google's auto complete featuring annoying me when I do my searches each day.

It doesn't guess very well what I'm actually looking for, is there a way to turn it off? Who knows...

Customer Rating

Dear Google, I get that facebook and google want to upgrade and make changes, however i have been trying to forward an email that I received to another friend and I get a page that is trying to explain the changes...then it locks on the screen and I can't do anything but close this out.

Guys, there was nothing wrong with the way things were working...I have always been a google fan...can't stand Bing. Please, go back to the old format or make it so I can forward a letter without having to go to college and getting a degree on computers.

Customer Rating

today i tried to sign into my g mail account and it said i was too young. this has never happened until now, and now i am really mad at Google!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant access important emails from friends and families such as birthday e-cards or the death of a family member. I AM REALLY, REALLY MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sad. what if my friends get mad that i don't email them back... or maybe even family might get worried. if my dad is away how do i contact him by email.
i am 10 years old and i have had an account since i got to Canada in 2009, and it has been the only way to contact the rest of my family ( aunts uncles etc.) in South Africa. i am really sad and mad at Google. please do something about it now.

Customer Rating

You asked for my cellphone number because you believed that my security was at risk – it is my.. My … my cellphone number and i do not want to give it to you to misuse as i am sure you will now do with useless adverts and useless information that i do not want. My e-mail is mikefourie10@gmail.com .

I now had to change my password that i have had for 12 years because some “clever dick” decided i am at risk. Who gave anybody the right to decide for me what password i need. You “clever people” think you know what we need – if i thought i had anything to hide, i would change my password and security by using encription or firewalls – that is my right!! Now how do i get my old password back and stop you from sending me adverts on my cell number?

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by MIKE FOURIE on 09/01/2013 at IP address 197.69.83.77 using our GOOGLE GMAIL complaint form. This opinions contained in this GOOGLE GMAIL customer review titled, "SECURITY OF MY CELLPHONE NUMBER" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have been getting a ton of suggestions for friends and friend requests in the last week. I have sifted through them and ignored the ones I don't know the language or are very new. I have however answered friend suggestions that I thought were interesting people. After all how else do you meet new people in a social setting. My suspension for 30 days is so wrong.

On a lighter note there is world wide Google+ day I think it is today May 1st. If you haven't tried it you need to it's great and it will get you out of the little FaceBook box that everyone seems to be stuck in. Google has so many tools and things to do it is a must. Start out with a Gmail account and that hooks you up to a profile, Google+1. pictures. you name it they got it. Google+ also has rooms that you can video chat with 10 friends at a time.

You can follow people and there are no suspensions. You don't have to follow people back if you don't want. And a very cool thing that FaceBook dose not have is, when you post in Google+ there is a chance that your post will get picked up by the Search Engines if you post public. This means that if someone that is interested in what you are they can connect with you no problem. Very powerful thing!

Yes you can post just to one person or circle of friends if you want and your conversation is private to those people. So if you have friends in a circle that like to play the games on Google you can post and talk to just those people instead of posting to people that are not interested in the game subject.

Get out of the little FaceBook Box there is a big world on the real Internet. My 30 day suspension from making friend requests is probably a good thing, I'm on a mission now! By the way your friends on FaceBook..... Only 10 to 12% of them see what you post anyway the code on the site is so messed up as is the company.

Hook up with me on Google+ I will be there!

To Whom it May Concern:

Traditionally, Google has had a special doodle to celebrate a specific holiday. I noticed that Easter again was not recognized. Cesar Chavez was chosen to be honored instead of Easter. Mr. Chavez did a lot for migrant workers, and it was nice to see him honored. However, I would have preferred to see Easter honored on Easter. Mr. Chavez can be honored on another day. Google has shown a special doodle for Valentine's Day on Valentine's Day and Halloween on Halloween. Goodness gracious! I am disappointed in you.

Arla Little

Customer Rating

After as many years as I can remember faithfully and usefully employing Google, your latest format is quite simply nothing short of a disaster. The site is slow and clunky and all the aspects that I had learned and used over the years are now only found with great difficulty - if at all. Mostly not at all. What on earth can you be thinking of? To take a wonderful product such as you had and turn it into a nightmare. If some technical department suggested these changes you really need to do a re-think. I have now spent/wasted quite a few hours on it and sadly, will now move to Firefox. I can't believe you've made such an appalling error of judgement. I've also canvassed a great many of my colleagues, all of whom share my concern and annoyance. A great product turned into a lemon.

Customer Rating

Recently upgraded my phone and forgot my passwords for my gmail. Followed the proper procedures for restoring it but unable due to the questions. This account of mine was created years ago so exact info like dates I could not remember. Now I have info in my inbox that I am unable to get to because this dumb ass system created another account from the address that was to be used as a recovery to send details for generating new password.

And on top of that u have no one available to help far as Google customer service. I attempted to create a new one and of course I cant without changing it all. YOU SHOULD REALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE UNFAIR THAT I HAVE LOST ALL OF MY DATA WITH ABSOLUTELY NO HELP TO RECOVER IT. I REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP; THIS GOOGLE.

Customer Rating

hi there i wish to complain about your android os jellybean on my previous phone the galaxy s2 which was running the os ice cream sandwich you could transfer apps to the sd card to conserve space on the phone memory but once i bought the Samsung galaxy note 2 with jelly bean pre installed i noticed in the settings you could not transfer any apps to the sd card i had bought a 64 gb sd card which is pretty useless if you cant transfer anything games that i bought on google play site are a gig or 2 gig in space so quickly i ran out of room on my phone memory but i have a 64gb sd card with nothing on it i hope you can get a fix for this in your next update that will allow users to transfer apps to there memory cards quite a lot of people are in the same situation as myself thanks

Customer Rating

This morning when I opened Google Chrome the Google picture was a Demon with small demons attached to it. Then there was a line of people waiting for their turn to be healed, etc. from the Demon. This is terribly offensive and not appropriate for a company such as Google. I am disappointed because normally the picture are cute and very creative. What is the message that you are sending? Not one that is complimentary to your reputation.

Customer Rating

I'm shocked that on easter sunday you honor chavez! At least have some tribute to JESUS CHRIST. If you are afraid, then have no tribute to anybody. I will pray for you ... shocked in Cincinnati. In my view you could have celebrated Easter on your search page instead of Mr Chavez.

Customer Rating

on the home page for google i now get 2 pop ups each time it is opened.
1. is an extra bar near the top asking me to install google chrome - i don't want to.
2. is a balloon on the side that asks me to log in to blah blah about my phone, tablet ...whatever.
i can close both of these, but they will return next time i open the google homepage.

this is all despite the google claim that they have no pop ups.

this is not some 3rd party malware, this is google.

Customer Rating

I bought an android tablet and to get the apps for it I had to get a gmail account. That was 3 weeks ago. Last week I tried to access my apps store and it said that my password was incorrect. After much ado I got my pass word reset. Over the weekend I had the same trouble and again after much ado I got my password reset. Today I got a phone call from a young lady bitching at me for hacking her mother's gmail account and changing her password. She got my phone number by accessing MY account and changing the password AGAIN. I asked her if her mother's name was Sheri Ritter and she said yes, so I told her that someone had HACKED MY MY account and changed MY password. She put her mother on the phone and come to find outher gmail is sheritter@gmail.com and she had been typing in MY shleritter@gmail.com. I want to complain because she was able not only to change my password but was able to access all my personal info including my phone number. I DO believe that is a serious breach of my privacy especially since I don't give out my phone number to just anyone. I live in Florida and the caller lives is Texas. If I didn't have the tablet I would Close my gmail completely but they seem to have me by the balls if I had any. I tried contacting Google directly but the phone number just leads you to more automation and no person to correct the situation and the website only lets you submit a question that may or may not be addressed. I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer Rating

Easter Sunday is celebrated by millions of Christians around the world - and Google chose to make Cesar Chavez your google honoree today? You had no issue doing a 'Christmas' theme on Christmas Day so religion/faith isn't an issue for you.

Easter is the highest of holy days for Christians - it is the day the Lord rose from the dead...it is far more important in the Christian faith than Christmas. I understand you cannot 'hit' all key faiths on all key dates but this is a big one and Google ignored it.

I am highly disappointed with Google's lack of awareness and sensitivity on Easter sunday, and my family and I will no longer support the company that offended Christians everywhere today.

Customer Rating

We receive up to 5 phone calls a day from Google services- calling to update our business profile or webpage. I have now made 7 attempts to have our business numbers removed from the listing because it interrupts our day and ties up our phone lines. This is a doctors office and we dont have time to deal with this. If we want to contact you-we will. The EXTREMELY dissipating thing is the 7times I have called I have been hung up on 4 times by Google and 3 times was told our number would be removed-But it never was. We are very frustrated about this and someone needs to take our number off your listing.

Customer Rating

Unhappy with my stay at the Ramada Encore Birmingham with the Cadburys world tickets.
This is because I booked and paid for a family room that was to be available on saturday 26th January at 2.00pm, but on arrival no room was available until 5.00 pm then we were given an inadequate double room that was not suffient or large enough to be a family room. After numerous attempts with the booking desk we were finally allocated a suitable family room that was at 9.30pm. Other families encountered similar problems but to not such an extent as we did.
this ruined our groupon experience completely.
kind regards Sharon Hopkins

Customer Rating

Someone at Google has decided to post a pic of anti American Cesar Chavez, picturing him as some sort of Savior. This is extremely insensitive and don't think it hasn't gone un-noticed because it has. Michelle Malkin has posted it on Facebook and it will probably be broadcasted on Fox News.

in·sen·si·tive (n-sns-tv)
adj. 1. Not physically sensitive; numb. Lacking in sensitivity to the feelings or circumstances of others; unfeeling. Lacking in responsiveness: insensitive to the needs of the customers.

It could have been the damn Easter bunny if you are afraid you are going to insult someone. Well Google has insulted the Christian faith and it is appealing how you people could let this happen.

Not only was there nothing for Christians but Google put and anti American on there. You have decided to celebrate his birthday instead of posting something about Christ or the damn Easter bunny.

I had a lot of respect for Google but it seems you all fall into the category of political correctness bull. It sickens me that you people would let this happen. It won't end with this. I will spread what you Google people did.

Customer Rating

I have attempted to send all bank statement data through google online 3 times with constant error messages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have also tried to call three times with "please hold for the next available representive" for over 30 min each time. I have over $200.00 worth of charges on my bank card from google. I will be calling the BBB and reporting this. It is absolutly rediculous the amount of red tape you have to go through to talk to a live person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the WORST company and I intend to press further charges against google.

Regards
Cynthia Keck

To whom it may concern,
My name is Simon Hartwig and I have been using Google as the homepage and search engine for my computer for quite some time now. I have enjoyed the various website art that appears almost daily. I thought it was nice that you celebrated events like birthdays of famous historians as well as important dates in history on your homepage. I was extremely disappointed and upset however when Remembrance Day came around this year. The only indication for the date at all was one measly little poppy cowering underneath the Google search engine. This came as quite the shock to me when only a few days earlier the website had been plastered with a giant montage celebrating Bram Stoker's 165'th birthday. Now I ask you this, do you think that the lives of all of the people who fought so heroically and selflessly for Canada's freedom are somehow less important than the birth date of a man who wrote a story about a blood-crazed count some 100-plus year ago? Personally I was very disappointed at Google for sweeping this extremely important holiday under the rug. We as a nation should be proud to lift up the names of those whose lives were so tragically lost by at least making an appropriate acknowledgement to the one day set aside for them. I am very saddened by the insensitivity displayed by the Google website and I can only hope that whoever reads this letter will see the importance of honoring our troops and that next year on Remembrance Day we will see the respect that Canadian troops deserve.
Simon Hartwig

Customer Rating

I need to make the Google searches stop trying to guess what I am typing. it is a horrible experience every single time i do a search, and I cringe at making searches because it is so uncomfortable that your program is guessing what I am thinking and typing, and worse it never, never has any idea what I am searching for so it just overloads the page with tons of garbage. It is such an imposition upon my entire life, emotions etc. etc. etc.

Please educate me on how to use Google search and have a pleasant experience doing so by NOT experiencing your search engine trying painfully, and unsuccessfully trying to guess what my next move is before I make it. It is just so awful and I do want to use Google search because of the wisdom of the results I yield but the experience of using the search every single day is making me grow old before my time with the stress it causes me by trying to constantly guess what I am typing.

It is always incorrect, and even if it were correct so what it has no business anticipating my every thought, it’s horrible. Please advise how to make your program stop displaying this horrible guessing game answers.

Customer Rating

Google gmail no longer allows me to exit from the program; very annoying. Also, it will not allow direct composition of new messages, only send by entering from another site. Pretty poor programming which I will avoid in the future if not fixed. NO, I don't want to use your software. NO, I don't want to have to continually download new items just so you can change yours. I don't like the new Google gmail email updates to the program and wish they would revert back to the old mail. It's annoying that things constantly change and I can never seem to find anything.

Dear Google:
"cutechennai23@gmail.com" this is that unknown Email ID. This person has sent sexual harassment mail to my girl friend( i dont want to mention her name) he sent that mail on april 8 by 8.00am. please find trace that account and mails he sent on that day at the said time u could come to know what he has sent. This is not fair. My girl friend got disturbed mentally and she was something hurted and she is fearing a lot. I request you to take action against that person. She also disabled her google account. Please take some public interest and save girls from those guys. Please google.

yours truly
deepakcharan

Customer Rating

Hi, This is AMERICA and its Easter! We don't give a crap about Chavez, a murderer and Communist! There should have been an Easter pic on the search engine! Very disappointed!! Jesus was a great person who was about love and forgiveness not hate, murder and power!

SHAME GOOGLE! I'm switching my search engine! I am tired of the Anti-Christian .. Anti-American .. Anti-Straight .. Anti-LegalUSCitizen .. Anti-GunOwner .. Anti-Consertative .. YOU Always Support Gays .. Marxist .. Communist .. Socialist .... YOUR Constant BS!!!

You want MY MONEY ... BUT YOU THINK It's OK to Constantly Insult ME!

I want to see an image of Easter on Easter Sunday. Are you kidding-Ceaser Chavez?!? I'll be looking for a different websearcher.

Companies Like Google